Speaker 1: This is India Today Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You are on India Today Podcasts and you are in the Sledging Room. Let me warn you this is not a place for the faint hearted and the weak need. If you're a sports buff and like challenging everything you see and hear, stay, If you're a sooner badyatya fan, walk away right now.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to another episode of the Sledging Room. As you can see that there is a slight change in the setup. Aksha is not here. Sources have suggested that Aksha has locked himself inside a room since India's Lord's defeat where Mahmatsiaq absolutely middled the ball, middled the ball from Shobashir and it dragged into his thumbs. India lost a close match by twenty two runs, the narrowest defeat in recent times at Lord's I think. Sources have also suggested that since hearing about the latest news of this current Indian team, Akshai has refused food. Also, so we don't know what's happened. He's gone on a full bench stalks mode. After the full bench stalks he has he's found himself in dark places. Yesh, my god, So this is Kingshakushari. I have with me Sorrow Kumar to my left, Alan John to the right. I will drive straight into it with sort of giving us the latest news about the Indian team.
Speaker 4: Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we lost a lot's Test and there was a long gap seven days gap, seven eight days gap. And this seven days gap has not turned out so much good for this Indian team because we have seen so many injuries and I think ash Deep thing and have been ruled out.
Speaker 1: Aush Deep thing has been ruled out for the fourth Test.
Speaker 5: Andy has been ruled out from the entire England tour remaining two Test matches, and there also reports that they're injury concerns regarding as Deep. Yeah, so the Indian team have added Unshul Combos back to the squad. I mean Combos was in England, he played for India versus England A and then he was there with the squad for the first Test and then he was sent back.
Speaker 3: It's it's a whole hort fust to give you context to our viewers. We are recording these two days before the fourth Test match. We have we are definitely going to have changes because, like Sorrow says, has been ruled out of the out of the Test series. Are steep saying, who is yet to make his Test debut for the team, has been ruled out of the fourth Test match, and there are questions on a cash Deep starting as well because he has a back or a groin injury. Reports are differing from England, so we don't exactly know, not that BCCI has taken time to confirm it. What they have confirmed after a viral photoshoot of Indian team and Manchester United that Anshul Combos, who by the way, bold exceptionally in the A Games, has been brought back in the team. Now as Sorrow says that Anshul was with the Indian team and was sent back.
Speaker 6: Why did that happen?
Speaker 3: Because Harshithrana, who plays for KKR and is supposedly very close to the whole set up, was kept with the team.
Speaker 6: Then backlash happened, he was sent back and so.
Speaker 4: He's not reached yet.
Speaker 3: Now he's waiting for that okay, but that call has never come, which just like gets me so confused because he was your additional injury cover for the first couple of tests. You sent him back by saying that okay, we don't need everyone's fate, so go home now when everyone isn't fit, you've decided to not bring him back, but you've brought back and should comboche himself. So as a KKR fan, Alan how I was quite surprised with Harshub being there in the first place. Like I have always said that Harshat is a very raw product which still needs a lot of polishing. I think he needs to play a lot more red ball cricket in the domestic circuit because the.
Speaker 4: Talent is there. But Anshul, like you suggested, Anshul was brilliant in the INDIAA was his Lions game. He was unlucky that he was not getting wickets, but he was so good. He was probably the standout baller despite the wickets call him not suggesting it now.
Speaker 3: I think he was the standard bullet among both the teams, not even in the Indian day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, line length, everything was on point and I would not be surprised if he's put into this playing eleven also given that he can he's a pretty handy customer with the bat as well. But yeah, it was very surprising that he was not included in the first place. Like you have this. I don't know what this probably a Delhi obsession with Hajadrana that keeps on going and going. He was not needed in this series. But yeah, like you said, the injury concerns are mounting up. Funnily enough, it's almost like that twenty twenty twenty one Australia series. Right, We've got exactly You've got a lot of people getting injured in the fourth Test, not playing the fifth Test. No boomera. In the fifth Test. We still went and won. So fingers crossed. I hope that happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like this is very similar, right, So like this message goes out to Akshay who's locked in her room that if you are unhappy, if you're depressed. This kind of mimics the twenty twenty twenty twenty one Border of Askar Trophy where India had a spring of injuries, especially in the bowling department. We debut Nadrazen that season. Yeah, that that series and one more I think now.
Speaker 6: Did not make it to He was the leader of the pace attack there.
Speaker 5: But you you had a debut there only yeah proceive and then he became the leader of the pace bag after playing this two dismatches.
Speaker 3: I'm not really sure about that. Maybe we just let us in the comments below. Yeah, but so something similar might happen in the Manchester Test as well, sort of what is your what is your lineup forget lineup like what is your bowling attack in the first place, and then take us to the lineup.
Speaker 5: First of all, I wanted to address a concern regarding just with Boura. So when the third Test and did, there are a lot of questions and concerns from across the cricketing fraternity. Will Jesse Buomra play the fourth Test or not? Okay, Then a lot of executors came out and said, oh my god, this workload thing. This is a new news generation hype. There was nothing like this when we used to play. If you're fit, you have to play. And just Boomra being the leader of the pace attack, he should play in Manchester like Manchester was the home ground of James Anderson, and we all know what James Anderson did with the swing on of her in those conditions, not only the pitch but the conditions. There were the conditions. So they all, we all were hoping that just Bomra will play now when there have been questions about Siaja's workload, also that he has been consistantly bowling and bowling and bowling. In fact, India's assistant coach Ryanthon Discat came out in the public and said, oh, Siraja Lan he has been overused and overused and will try to manage his workload. Also, so now the question remains who will play boom Ra Siraj? What about A like King Shuku said, SI has not addressed anything regarding as they made clear that and Deep but not fit enough to take part in the fourth chess matches. But there's no conservation or kliity regarding Aka Deep. So now will Combos make his debut?
Speaker 3: So what options do India have if weren't to make his debut? If a Deep and Deep have been ruled out of the fourth game. I'm saying, let's say.
Speaker 5: Imagine if a has been ruled out has to play the fourth thist, Siraz has to play the fourth thist, and ifs does not play, maybe Charlotte gets a chance. Again prussed, would you not bring back Pressed in the lineup? Spread time desperate measures? I was very skeptical of what happened with in the first two Test matches and more often than not, like we have always discussed, Pressed is more of a hiddic bowler and Manchester is not that kind of bitch. There.
Speaker 1: You need bowlers who can actually make the ball.
Speaker 5: Talk because you they could, They could use the weather conditions and the pitch to their full use and trouble the English batters. And for that, I think Chardoo is a better bowler than Proceed in my opinion. I may be wrong, but in my opinion, Chado is a better bowler. And despite Chardon not giving as good return in the first match where he played, when is not there if they want to go with, if they want to actually bolster their batting again, maybe Chado is a better option than Proceed.
Speaker 6: But I want to talk about this one.
Speaker 3: I understand your view, but I want to talk once again about a KKR bowler, or rather a former KKR bowler.
Speaker 6: Can Kulia play in Manchester? Is that an option?
Speaker 4: I think, like you said, like the current situation of the bowling attack, it's it's a desperate type right now. I think we've heard a lot about in this series. Even without bowling a ball, he has been in the mix and I feel if the pitch and conditions are there. If there is going to be some help for the spinners, which we have not really seen in these Apart from that Washington Sooner spell in the Lot's Tests, we have not seen much of help for the spinners throughout the series. If there is help for some of the spinners, I think he should be there because we need to win this Test match and for that we need experience. Like like you said, Anshul is a very good option to have, but him making a debut in a very do or Riz situation is going to be a big ask for him as well. Press is like how Sah said, I I saw in the second Test when he started pitching the ball a little up, his economy rate went down because people were not able to get those trogs on. So if he's going to be a hit the deck bowler again, that's not going to make sense. So probably that is where you need that experience coming in. And I feel Kuldib having played a lot of international cricket, Yes his Test matches have been a little less, but we all know the reasons he's always been behind. He's kind of like being like the Stuart McGill of this Indiana, when you have Ashwin and when you have Ravendreja, it's going to be a task to displace one of them, given that both of them were good batters as well. Right now, Jadeja has kind of always sealed his spot. If there is an option to take an extra spinner and if the pitch is going to be of that help, I think they should go with it.
Speaker 3: Which is also like when you bring up the Stuart McGill comparison. I feel that it's such a disservice to kul Deep, who is such a unique bowler in his own rights. He has reinvented his game. Now he can turn the ball both ways, has flippers, zooters, god knows what in his arsenal, but in his I think a career of eight years, he's played like.
Speaker 6: Thirteen Test matches.
Speaker 3: And when you are when you've gone to England, and this conversation is about how these are subcontinental pitches, subcontinental pitches when Test matches going to the day five, like you mentioned.
Speaker 6: Washington soon there ruining England with one spell.
Speaker 3: Their argument must be like in my mind, I'm thinking, how does Kuli feel because in England he would not have played He knew that he wasn't going to play. When he reached there, he saw that, Oh, conditions are probably in my favor, but still nowhere close to the playing eleven.
Speaker 5: I mean that is the biggest question mark on the team management because you have been carrying a potential match winner. It's not just me, you or Alan or actually saying this. Notable cricket experts, former World Cup winners, World Cup winning captains like Michael Clark have come out and said India have to play Kipiada if they want to win this Test series in England, because England, as we all know, they have gone. They have been, they've been the bass bawling side. Apart from the losses in the first two Test matches, they were bass bowling. And Kipiada is one guy who is actually very tough, very tough nut to crack for these English battles. We have seen in T twenty's, we've seen in ODIs and whatever you might say, even if he has not played a lot of Test matches in England and I think he's never paid England, but then again, the amount of quality he has and.
Speaker 1: The experience which he carries, I can bet on it.
Speaker 5: In any Test match where you feeled him against England, even in Manchester where the fastballers are getting your help, he is going to trouble them. And and you know, the biggest concern for me is, yes, soon there was excellent in the Lord says he produced a sensitutional spell and got in here to somehow a total where if we could have chased it down. But my biggest concern is what we have seen is like England's best batter in this series for me has been Bendicett and Jimmie Smith. Right, Benduicett. What he has done is he has taken Boomera apart. And then the way he handles even when there were roughs and Jada was trying to exploit it, Bendicett produced produce those reverse sweets, reverse laps to just deal with him and hit boundaries. I don't think it will be that very easy to hit Qui deep in the same manner. So should be getting a chance, but again you never know what our coach and the team and as it is thinking correct.
Speaker 3: There's one more reason that I'm saying this because apart from what we have spoken of in the like on the changes in the bowling department. There will be a change in the batting department as well because Risha Punt is still injured. He has an issue with his left arm and if the drills are anything to go by, Druve Juail will be playing these Test match So that's one additional member on the batting side for the Indian team. So ideally, how I'm thinking is that if there are more, if there are extra number of batters, you need all specialist bowlers to tackle that bowling department role because you don't need an all rounder anymore. You don't need a Washy Sooner anymore because that extra battery you already have in Juril. Why would you opt for an extra allrounder the Jazz already there, so get a special spinner in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: And also, like you said, in case of the batting lineup as well, the big question still remains play will he get another chance?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, because like Sizos is waiting in the wings. We've all we've heard. I think Herbizon had a exclusive with us where he said that India should be picking the best team now going forward. Like I remember Dniss saying, bringing back the Kuli equation. He said that India is not a team that has always played with four pacers out and out pacers and one spinner. That has never been Even when we went to England, we always had a Herbizont and a anilkum play. In the early times, we used to have two spinners regardless of the conditions to play, and then you had three paces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember it heading Lee like that one game. I think it was heading Lee. So Satchin and Surow combined to score like six hundred runs and they let anil Kummel run ride on a on a pace fundry pitch and Hilkumlia has come in and he's ruined England. I don't remember if you won that test much or not. Surely we would have because in my memory it's a good either dra Yeah, so there are arguments.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you you if you if you have a template that is associated with Indian cricket. Now, I understand that this four pacer thing works in certain areas, But if you have a template that has been working and bringing in success for a long period of time, why change from it? Right, Like how Sarah pointed out, is a match winner right A lot of times Maybe in his career he had a slump, as you pointed out with the whole KKR situation as well, he had a slump, but the fact that he came out and he came out as a way, way better bowler. This I believe, like you said, Benduckett, Jamie Smith, they have not faced a Kuliba. Yeah, they have not faced somebody like a Kuliba who can. Like I said, a Chinaman bowler is something that is a very rare commodity. We don't use that term these days because it has been changed, but it is a very rare commodity. And I'm pretty sure as hell Jamie Smith has not faced a bowler. Like I'm pretty sure as hell Benduckett does not have an idea about how this guy bolds because Beneckett might be expecting a ball to go away from him, and that's where being the smart guy can bring it back in like so he can spin both ways and then you bring to the batting lineup again. Karunayer size. That is the biggest conversation going around right now. Has Karuna impressed me to an extent to a thirty or a forty? But like how Faruk engineer said, we want a number three to score more than thirty or forty. So that is another point of discussion that I guess in the next two days we'll get to know. But yeah, Karuna's chances, I don't I'm not very confident about it. I'd like to know your guy's opinion on that.
Speaker 5: You know, when Karnaia was back in the IPL, I'm supporter and I can never don't we know? Yeah, I can never forget that knock against Mumbai Indians. Yeah, the way he took about Boomra Santiner. He was sensational, but apart from that, he did not do jack for used because he was not able to score. He always got those starts, but then he threw away his wickets. Now what happens is he gets a chance in the Indian Test side, and before that he travels with the India Is God to England.
Speaker 1: He scores a double hundoned. I think it's true. Yeah, the first match. Yeah, see how distant that movie looks like.
Speaker 5: And now when he has got a chance in the first tess, I think he was batting at number six because sis media is w and plaid number three.
Speaker 1: First things, he got up for a duck. Then the second next thing.
Speaker 5: Is he looks like a better batsman, and he looked like a man in control of things. But again the moment he got some starts, he threw away those starts. Now, in all those those matches, if you look at in the last three Test matches, his highest score is forty. And that also he scored only once one duck, a couple of twenty thirties and then one forty. I don't think this guarantees you a place in the next Test match. But having said that, we should not forget what coach Gambu said when the.
Speaker 1: Team was announced.
Speaker 5: When the t was announced, he was asked about coronair and how long a chance can he get in this form of cricket. Combu said, I hope I can trust him with this series. So I believe if Kambi has backed him in public, I think he will back him and he will give you at least one more Test match to prove himself, which might sound harsh on someone like exuas who failed in only one game and he was benched and he is he's yet to get another chance and we are in the four Test match of the series.
Speaker 1: So that is a big, big, big point.
Speaker 5: Of dilemma for me also whether Karunair plays, and like you said, if Druzel gets a chance, and we have been hearing reports the reship month might play just as a battle. So will Karuner play again when you have a reship Punth and Jujuel both, will you play a Karnair or will you bench someone like Sundar?
Speaker 6: So what's the lineup going to be? So like like?
Speaker 3: Since you say that, so it's yes, Let's say Karuna at three.
Speaker 1: Let argue for the moment three then is the captain he has.
Speaker 3: To play S four five specialist batter at five, at six, at seventh. Yeah, then will you play sooner? I don't think you'll be soon there, so I am skipping sooner for the moment. I'm going to go boomra Siraj at eight and nine. So we have two spots left. Do we bring in cool Deep? I think we should bring in cool Deep. If you're not playing sooner, he has to come in. So we've brought in cool Deep. So we need one more fastballer. Is that going to be shad or proceed or if fit a cash tip.
Speaker 1: If it's not fit, I will give.
Speaker 6: Chance and one spot. I would rather go because unanimous one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I first time you need to see probably this is coming from my side. You need to now go with unknown commodities as well. You need to prize England, right. The CounterPunch has.
Speaker 3: To bring back the twenty twenty one Bordergavaskart Trophy thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you you have.
Speaker 3: Seen what India has to offer. The best of India came in the second Test, Third Test.
Speaker 4: Also, I feel India has played well in all three Test matches. It should have ideally been India leading the series to one rather than the other way around. Because India has produced phenomenal cricket. There have been brilliant moments. There have been moments that have not been great as well. But the fact is now to hit the CounterPunch, you have to bring in something new. It's like I always connect this to a boxing match, right, You you study both, you study your opponents each move, and then suddenly, out of the blue, he brings in something new and you get hit and then you're like, what's the hell mean?
Speaker 6: Back kick?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Something like that. In an MMA fight, you do not expect. You expect a wrestler to always bring his ground game to for but then out of the blue. He brings out an insane boxing technique and you're like, what the hell has happened? Now? This is where this is the best chance to hit England in that moment. If you're not able to do that, then the series is gone. Now that is where I feel, you know, bring in cul Deep, bring in Unschul, because I think he has done enough, he has shown enough, because I cannot really trust Pressith with that position. Pressith has that tendency to go short at people. Also the fact that you know, giving that you like you said, one of the problems that I see with this team management also is the fact that you are sometimes trusting people so much that you tend to forget that a series is on the line. That is something that I've seen, Like how he pointed out that, Okay, we need to trust Karunayer with the series. Now when the results are not going you need to think on your feet and decide like, Okay, should I still stick with this man? Yeah? I said this, but things are not going our way? Right? How much more like a forty, forty or a fifty is not enough from the number three? We need a hundred now? Is karun are going to be that guy who is going to get me that hundred if not, if I have a if I have a twenty percent doubt also then probably I should not be going with him. This is where I feel the Gambier regime is lacking a bit, like they need to be more proactive. Gambier said in that interview with Sony Sports that you know, I'm somebody who always thinks about what happens after a game. Also I'm thinking about the next game. Yeah, probably he should.
Speaker 6: That's your job.
Speaker 4: That is your job.
Speaker 6: The job do it man.
Speaker 3: I like I get the sense of what you're saying. So basically what you're arguing is that there is a prepared plan. Once that doesn't go through, you need to have you seem flustered. Yeah, you don't. Your plan B doesn't work, your C doesn't work, D does not work. Sometimes it feels that it doesn't exist. I agree to that point because when Jadeja was batting with the tail, a message perhaps at Lord's should have come from the dressing room saying that listen, you are the only recognized man out there.
Speaker 6: Score the runs. What are you taking singles in the fourth wall for score the runs? Yeah? I agree to that that's a very good point.
Speaker 3: So basically for us, there's three contentions in the Indian lineup. It's Karun or size at three, coul Deep or Washington Sooner at the second spinner roll and who takes the single fast roller coast spot thir third spart correct. So I actually wanted to talk about something else also, like it's getting very heavy with whull cricket dynamics and all of that.
Speaker 6: The Indian team looked in.
Speaker 3: Good mood a couple of days back when they visited Matchester United. It was, as some suggested, an epic collab. I don't know what that collab was, for nothing came out of collab. So the greatest collab in the century, as some people put it, was between two teams that have won one One of the team has won two out of the last eleven Test matches and the other team has won two of the last eleven Premier.
Speaker 6: League games, So sensational corrap was this a little.
Speaker 3: That type thing? I mean, as magesty United, Barcelona, we were three title last season. When calm down talk about your team now, I.
Speaker 4: Probably feel probably the best movement was making despite being Barcelona Liverpool supporters, but it was all in good spirit. I guess it was something that you need in these kind of tours. You need to go out and if there is a chance to talk to another team. Probably United can learn something from the Indian team of not letting go of fights and you know, fighting till the end. Maybe something that is this team, the United team can learn from the Indian team as well. So it's probably something great talking and just having a banter about and you know, before going into the Manchester Test, because it's like you said, it's been heavy. It's been very heavy for the Indian team. I think from the moment everything started from that road Sharma retirement right then came the Koli retirement. From then Schumann Gill captain. See this that so sometimes it's.
Speaker 6: Manchester Indian team one hand over each another's shoulder. It's okay.
Speaker 1: When you're seeing this.
Speaker 5: I would have loved this collapse to happen four years ago and Ronaldo was playing for Manchester United and we're not without.
Speaker 1: Test captain that peak.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that would be the greatest sports person ever. Yeah, Ronaldo and Cooley, what are you talking about? Shadow Barcelona? Cut this out, Cut this clipout, will be fine. We all know what Ronaldo as a food test ticket. Let's not discount that just because I dive from Argentina.
Speaker 3: Is I'm saying that I'm not agreeing to the fact to what you claim as a fact that Ronaldo and Coley are the greatest sports personally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not seeing the greatest.
Speaker 3: Talk about your current team, not the one that has the collab talk about that.
Speaker 5: So what is there to talk about? Yeah, And for me, the best part was that picture was harrym.
Speaker 1: Was batting and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then I think in the picture I could we could see that they were sharing a laugh together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So for me it was very good because both the teams are the teams that I live for and they decide my mood throughout the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most heart I said perfectly as heartache collab heart Yeah, that's actually yeah, two heartache, one in cricket and one in football and both of them coming together. So the whole collab basically saw massive generation of memes. The best one for me was Casimiro winning this Indian jersey and people saying that AIFF has finally approved the players for Indian team and they would come to play.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that was that.
Speaker 3: Let's move on from the Indiangnant series a little bit because there are other things to discuss. Some important announcements have been made by the ICC, one of them being that the WTC Final is going to be hosted in England for the next three editions seven nine twenty thirty one. We have already reported, like Indian media in general has reported that the BCCI was desperate to bring that that particular event in India, maybe in I'm the bad, Mumbai or wherever to host that in India, but.
Speaker 6: It did not come.
Speaker 3: ICCI said that, keeping England's track record in mind in hosting those events, we want them to keep it till at least twenty thirty one.
Speaker 6: What does this mean?
Speaker 3: Like, can India and other countries not feel a neutral test match? If it's going to be neutral, Let's say that India did not reach the final in these three editions, can we not fill a stadium for five days?
Speaker 5: You know, I don't understand why they're saying this word, why they are doing this. Maybe they have gifted all these WRITS finals to England because they're not at BAZZ World. The England team is never going to reach. Maybe it a neutral every team that qualifies is going to have going to be.
Speaker 1: A neutral team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Otherwise I don't see any other main reason for them to gift everything to English because yeah, as a cricket fan, a test keud fan, I love watching Test matches in England. But how long will you continue to give England the hosting rights of the most important Test match of their cycle? And why don't Australia have an m MCG. You can host a Test match there. South of Ay has so many good venues, Wes Indy's has so many good venues, They have so many good viewes.
Speaker 1: India, as you.
Speaker 5: Call, is the creckating power center right now. Because the money, Why can't we host a dismatch a certain Kolkata. Maybe not I have the one, but a certain Colta can host the dismatch.
Speaker 1: Bangalore. People love sports there.
Speaker 6: We can do Bangalore?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: So this logic by I see, I just just don't understand.
Speaker 4: You know, one of the suggestions by pundits have been I think that is a little far fest given that you know, we decide the final location earlier. But one of the things that they had suggested was, you know, the team that finishes at the top of the Wilt set Table should have the right to host the final, which is actually a good incentive. Like, okay, you are going there. It's not going to be a neutral venue, let me be very honest, but it brings into the excitement right Imagine if an India is finishing top ahead of an Australia, you bring Australia to in India to one of the places, You're going to have a jampacked stadium. Anyways, if it's the other way around, India is going to Australia. Australia are going in as the WTC League winners. There is going to be people coming out because the competition is between the two best Test teams. Bring it be it South Africa versus Australia as well, like what happened last time around, if it was hosted in at Wanderers the bull Ring, you would have had the same turnout. Now, if you're focusing on turnout, it's just that you put it in England. Now England has a lot of issues there. What about the weather, Like right now we are fretting over the fact that what will happen in Manchester because Manchester is an area known for its rain. Yeah, for the practice day is also I think it is through Lord's was probably one place where we were blessed that there was no effect of rain. Edge West and again we were wondering if there will be rain or not. It was predicted that the last two days were going to be rained out. Then again the first Test we were all hopping that rain would come in. Then the rain did not come in. You have weather issues in England, you are and it is always going to happen in this June July time, So then why give it to England? Yeah? I get it, England is the home of cricket, but it almost feels like a deal that is being made that. See, your team is anyway is not going to reach the final. Why don't you guys just enjoy this? This is what keep it, keep it, keep it on the change, keep the change, the change. Yeah, that is something that you don't need to see. Ideally, what we have seen in the IP that the team that wins the IPL gets the chance to host the final next season. Why not do that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you could do it like that, right, you could do or at least give them the hosting rights to wherever they want to host it. Because like since this window of June July. I don't think that the Southern Hemisphere is able to host it because it's extreme cold there. So the Australia South Africa get out of the window right away. But you could give them the hosting rights. You could ask them, where do you want to do it? Cello John?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 5: I mean, even if you play a tee in the World Cup or an O day World Cup, there is a host nation and that host nation more often than not reaches the final of the tournament.
Speaker 1: So it's homeowners any.
Speaker 6: Of that obviously.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so this is how it has to work.
Speaker 5: Like this nonsense that England is a home cricket so England will get everything and no other venue in the world can fill test matches for five days if two neutral teams are playing.
Speaker 1: I don't buy this at all.
Speaker 5: You've got so many great cricket nations and if and if you actually want Test cricket to survive and Test cricket to thrive, you should try and promote the idea of final being hosted in different venues every cycle of different venue, different country.
Speaker 1: Not England, is okay a lot more? Yeah? Okay, what next? Manchester? What next as question lit, well, this is not done if you ask me. True.
Speaker 3: So that concludes our test cricket bit. Do we have anything interesting going on in world cricket or Indian credit right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean yes, they are rumors and they're very very strong rumors about the IPL trade wars, oh is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean teams like CSK and KKR are the most active right now because these are the two teams that suffered the most. They're the most successful franchises in the history of IPO and they have suffered the most, like CSK are according to reports. I'm not saying that this is true or this false. CSK held built on getting someone like Sanchuz Hampson. On the other hand, I'm hearing that KKR wanted tunction from.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and there are rumors that they might. In fact, they are rumors that KKR might entirely move and replace their coaching setup. Like Alan is a KKR fan, so we must be knowing more than what I know.
Speaker 4: So probably what I've heard and what is going around the mix is that KKR are planning to bring in Oin Morgan as the head coach, which I feel is a very good move. They want to bring in Dale Staine. Okay, Dale STAINNLI collaboration that is going to be good, I guess. And there are also suggestions that, you know, a guy like Ifan Patan might be brought into the mix because Chandra d and Dwayne Bravo.
Speaker 7: If you look at the success of the k Car franchise outside of the IPL, MLC is a league that was, funnily enough started by KKR and they have never made the playoffs.
Speaker 4: The MLC Cricket League was brought into existence by the collaboration between KKR and the US Cricket Board.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they went with it for several years, I think.
Speaker 4: Yes, and they have brought it in The Los Angeles Night Riders have never made it to the playoffs. And in fact, this season around, with Dwayne Bravo being in the men our position, we finished last for a league that we started. That's almost like saying that, oh, Nirachopra Invitational, Nichopra finishes last. That is something that you cannot imagine. And this has brought into question the authenticity or like probably the way that Dwayne Brower works, is he good for a mentor role? That has been brought into question because last season, as we saw with KKR, the problems were a lot. They failed in the auction table, then the team was not good enough. There were good portions of KKR while batting, but then they flopped miserably in run chases. So now they're wondering if this is the right personnel. What I can hear is that Abishaknayer will stay. He is considered as a valuable part. But the same cannot be said about Sandra dun and Duane Brown, which is a little sad because Sandra an Punde came with a reputation of being like an area in the Indian domestic circuit. But maybe his strict ways is not.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: Maybe his strict ways we've heard stories about that as well, how he's strict as a tactician. Maybe that is not working for this kind of set up. And that is why I think probably Morgan makes a lot of sense and coming to Sanju also, I think KKR are very much interested in as well. I think Sancho Samson, if he goes into the auction, he's going to see two teams battle hell for leather, and that is going to be KKR and UH and whoever has the bigger purse is going to get sick.
Speaker 3: What about LG L L and I don't think.
Speaker 5: And to add to what Alan said, I have heard that contact has also expired, so he might leave k k R and he kind of the prosine to join l S as a rolling coach.
Speaker 6: This is another human A coaching set up has more pedigree than the team. That's the problem.
Speaker 5: And Rajan Royals are the team to have received maximum numbers of offers for their players, like a lot of teams want their players, six players, six players ex players about the talk from the likes of San new Samson to do Jeril, to Shiman Admired to Sandy Shema to also have heard so there are a.
Speaker 1: Lot of teams that are eyeing talent from you.
Speaker 6: Six first team players they have asked for.
Speaker 4: Jail. I felt a little this thing because yeah, fourteen rows may. I don't think Gerail is a big beat. But yeah, there are six or seven I think six players right, Six players of Rajastan have been poached. I mean there are offers made and this is exciting, like we don't see this in the IPA. Let's let's bring it on. I guess this is something that we need. I think that Hardvig Pantia trade kind of opened the possibilities of what can happen that IPL transfer and why not bring it in like six seven players, Let's bring it on. I guess we need a summer transfer window for absolutely.
Speaker 3: So I think in terms of like IPL rule, how the rule book works is that you cannot reach a player behind the franchises.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to take permission franchise.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have.
Speaker 3: To talk to the franchise first, then go to the player. Have like franchise and the player have equal rights. If the player wants to move out, then he wants to move out.
Speaker 6: Something like that.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, burn that rule book, approach the player first, burn that rule book, get rid of the auction, just do transfer windows. This is exciting.
Speaker 5: So, as you have said, my question is I don't know how true or how fall this last year shares on the IPL with.
Speaker 1: Them.
Speaker 5: He did not want to be retained by KKR because he did not like the amount. And after he was picked by Japkins in a in.
Speaker 6: That the perpetual issue of a salaried employee No.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, after he was signed Bykins in a podcast with Punjapkins team. He said that he was approached by d C and Punjapkins both before the auction.
Speaker 1: So how does this work.
Speaker 5: Did these teams take permission from KKR or did they wait?
Speaker 3: Probably by the time once he was released, I think I think the relationship had fallen apart by the time when.
Speaker 4: But I think it was I think that one moment where a team directly approached a player and they had a deal going on, and that was so I think, like you said, like take out this whole thing, Like let a put a release class maybe for players, put a release classe for Sancho Sampson, say that, Okay, if you're ready to play paid twelve upfront, twelve cross upfront for Sancho Samson, Okay, you can talk to the player, give us the show us the money, talk to the player and if he wants to move, let him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is something that you should bring it in and all of that in that hundred cored capsule and in the which is which is which walks out so well because football has so much f FP issues, because some teams have like very very bloated te sides and with humong a amount of money at least in Ipil.
Speaker 4: You know that the FP is under ten crew. Yeah, and that makes a lot of sense, right, you can bring it in. It makes I feel more exciting. Like, I understand that the auction is something that teams are divided on. Some teams don't want to lose their core. They find the core probably in the last year of the cycle, and then this happens a lot.
Speaker 3: That happened with k We found the perfect core and then we had to let go of it.
Speaker 4: Why not why not have that thing where you have auction for a couple of players and while you retain the core. Now, if a team management or a player is not happy, which is the case that is being set about Sanju here that he's not really.
Speaker 3: Happy with the r play several games last season. Yeah, it was said that he had an injury, but like ra was asked again and again about this Wyse and he playing when will play, and there were reports that there were disagreements between him and the coach as well.
Speaker 4: So it makes sense. No, if a player is unhappy with like, yeah, I get it that you play once in a year, appeared, but if you're unhappy with the setup, you're unhappy with the setup, might as well move on find something new. Sanju Is x KKR person won the title also without playing, without playing.
Speaker 5: And and you know, this strade has worked a lot well for a couple of teams, like, for example, the lead Capitals and we got they got Wi a hunker and Sugard was very good for us in that cycle.
Speaker 1: He scored we got was always.
Speaker 6: I think two players we got. I know you're right, we signed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and and and it has worked well for a lot of teams. So I would love to see getting scored more. Like we all wait for the auction.
Speaker 1: To come.
Speaker 6: Auction.
Speaker 1: Let the ipeal become.
Speaker 5: More blow yeah, and let players decide that they don't want to play this or they're getting something which is very good for their career.
Speaker 1: The money is good and they can move out.
Speaker 4: And that also, you know, it's an interesting thing. Imagine a trade. Have like a player from CSK being post by am I and the player decides, okay, I'm done with CSK going to That increases the rivalry between both teams as well, you have the whole Premier League situation playing out in the i p L as well. Absolutely, why not bring it in, bring it on?
Speaker 3: This is what I keep telling Akshe that thirteen minutes we have improved IPL Yeah. We have solved India's dilemma of the injured pace rolling attack.
Speaker 6: We said, don't do loose pinner. Yeah, problem solved.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We have figured out why WTC Final was awarded to England because they wanted a neutral venue.
Speaker 4: Everywhere and their team does not make it to the absolutely, so we've solved everything.
Speaker 3: We've solved cricket for this week. So thank you for watching us Akshay. It's not that sad out there. We India are going to do a BGIT twenty twenty twenty one thing because all sorry, election is going to that same way only, so don't worry, be happy. Twenty third is when the Test match starts and we will be back once again right after one.
Speaker 4: One small word for Andre Russell, who's retiring from T twenty is we've been a great servant to West Indies cricket, great servant for KKR as well. Happy retirement, have a great don't worry Kre're going to play him to he died. Yeah, yeah, he's coming back us.
Speaker 6: I'm very happy that is that's going to happen.
Speaker 1: He's going to be a gay cass forty throughout.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is I'm very happy, but happy international retirement for Andrew Russell, a brilliant, brilliant player, probably not well recognized by the West Indies cricket board. That is their issue, that is their loss as well.
Speaker 3: They've lost two major big hitters in.
Speaker 4: The span of a couple of months. But happy retirement too.
Speaker 3: And so that's it from us in this episode of Sledging Room.
Speaker 6: If you you can give.
Speaker 3: Your thoughts on eight five double eight nine, double six, double nine six. If you're listening to us on Apple and Spotify, do rate us. If you're watching us on YouTube, please do comment, like, share and subscribe.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Catch up the next one.