Speaker 1: Yeah, I got Oh, thank god, Okay.
Speaker 2: I was kind of hoping it wouldn't work and we wouldn't have to do the show, you know, Dame.
Speaker 1: I had a very crazy day myself, and I had to get ready just for you. I'm like, I'm not curling my hair. I'm in protest.
Speaker 2: What are you protesting?
Speaker 1: Getting ready? I have im like I was supposed to be out of beach this week. I don't know if you remember, Brett and I were going to go on our ten year anniversary trip and then some other things happening.
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: What We're gonna go to police? And uh then we got a new dog, and then you know, other things started happening. And then I found out we have this wedding we're going to in May for two weeks in Italy, and it's like, how much time? How much time can I get off? How much time is Wager talking to let me have off? And I think the answer is not that much. So I said, all right, bleeze on the back burner. Stop yawning. We got a long show ahead of us, unless you just want to like recap the refs and I'll sit here and then we'll just say goodbye to everybody and then come back from March madness.
Speaker 2: No, speaking of dogs, you mentioned you just got a new dog. I was a little wounded. On Sunday you texted, Yeah, you texted our group, which is me, So it's me and you as Johnny Hugland. You guys probably know him as the Unit. And then Louis Denofrio and you texted the unit and you said hey, or he texted me and said, I can't believe you're making John work today. He should be watching the super Bowl with his boys. And what I want to know is what are me and Mario? What do we chop?
Speaker 1: Liver?
Speaker 2: You was watching the super Bowl his boys. He was right out there on the couch. Me, Mario and John watch the game together. But we're not his boys.
Speaker 1: What a snooze fest.
Speaker 2: The NFL or that game? Or Mario Mario and.
Speaker 1: You're watching it? I mean, listen. I watched it in a backyard overlooking the Gulf of America beautiful sunset. I posted, Yeah, the projector is as old as me, but it's not my projector and it doesn't matter. I'm overlooking a gorgeous West Coast, Florida sunset. And as the Super bowls kicking off, I had a nice blanket because it was freezing cold, and Ryder was sleeping with me for a change, because usually he hates me and he's with Brett.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind the game, I mean we I was watching it. I was watching with John and Mario.
Speaker 1: One of the worst goals I've ever seen. What do you mean? That was an awful Super Bowl? Okay, fine? I had the Patriots plus five and a half.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 1: I didn't end up taking any Seattle money line because it just went shot up into oblivion and I was like, never mind. Besides the fact that I lost money on the Super Bowl, I didn't lose that much money. I just thought the game sucked really really, really bad.
Speaker 2: You know what's tough is I thought, I really thought all the people they were saying that New England sucks and they didn't deserve to be in the game. I thought, correct me. I thought they're all being a bunch of babies. I thought they were all being a bunch of cry babies. And I was wrong. New England had no business being in that game, and they got their bust.
Speaker 1: Here's the problem. We either got hurt. Drake May because clearly he was hurt, right, and they left that off the injury report, which sucks in itself. We either got hurt Drake May or we got Jared Sidham backup quarterback. I mean, I don't think there was a win for the AFC either way.
Speaker 2: The only the only possible outcome would have been if they don't completely fucked the Bills in the second round game, screw them out of the game.
Speaker 1: But I don't think it doesn't get hurt me.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think Buffalo would have beat Seattle. I think Buffalo deserved I think Buffalo is the best AFC team, But I don't think they would have beat Seattle. I really don't. I think Seattle was just really good. You know, they won that game pretty easily on Sunday. The only they didn't even the only time I really, the only time I really had to pay attention was Seattle is up nineteen zero. They got the fumble, they scored the touchdown. It is nineteen nothing new. England goes right down the field, boom boom, touchdown, nineteen to seven. Seattle goes three and out like a heartbeat. I even said to John and Mario, he was sitting in John's lap. I said, man, I wish Seattle would use more clock. They punt it back, and there's like this moment where you're going, oh my god, if if New England scored a touchdown and they got the extra point, it'd be on five in the fourth quarter. We don't want the game to plan five. Obviously. Luckily, Drake May threw an egregious interception, Seattle kicked a field goal to make it twenty two to seven. The defensive touchdown costs US a lot of money. That was that was by far the worst play of the game for us. That costs a lot. But other other than.
Speaker 1: That, anything after the coin flip, I had. I had Seattle to call tales. Right, if you look on the road, Seattle's called tails like the last like seven or eight games in a row. I got a tax, Hey, lay the minus won ten tails. They're calling tails, No problem easy. I'm cheering for tails, and the people at the Super Bowl party going we landed heads, and I'm like yeah, yeah, But Seattle called tales. So I was already cheering before the coin even hit the ground. It was perfect, and I was like, all right, this is gonna be super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Why are you making such a production that, like everyone around you is asking you what you bet? Why don't you stand there and be like, oh good, I don't.
Speaker 1: I got excited out of the gate. That was fun. U The only other thing I think at cash was no fourth down conversion attempted for Seattle like plus one seventy. I got that one like early on and I was like, all right, I'll bet it. And other than that, I mean drag may over rushing attempts. That sucked. I mean I didn't know it was hurt first and foremost. That was not very much fun. I had Matt Collins under reception woolf. That was probably the worst bet. That was probably the worst bet I made. I will say this, Aj Barner Ariel said to take his I think it was over. Maybe I should actually listen to my own stuff and put my phone on. Do not disturbed for a change. But as you can tell him out my office, it's weird. Everything's a little discombobulated. But I think she said first reception, first reception, longest reception. I don't know, but it hit like right out of the gate. It was like twelve yards. I think we laid eleven and a half or whatever it was. So that was great. But other than that, the Super Bowl was boring. Everybody bitching about the halftime show, whichever one they watched. I'm like, you guys are a bunch of losers. You're you're doing exactly what they want you to do and talk about shit that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I actually I have some thoughts on the halftime show. Hear it, I really do, I because.
Speaker 1: I didn't like, did you say anything that he was saying?
Speaker 2: I didn't understand anything Kendrick Lamar said before.
Speaker 1: Dick Oh, I didn't either see something about That's all I know in Spanish is all the bad words. So I'm laughing going. If this was in English, they would have to bleep every other word, but because it's in Spanish, we're all just jamming out.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not the target audience. I wasn't the target audience for Kendrick Lamar either. I'm an old person. Although I did. I enjoyed the one when it was Eminem and Doctor Dre a few years ago. Now, I like that one a lot. I didn't understand. I didn't understand one word Kendrick Lamar said. I didn't understand one word bad Bunny said, But neither of those things are my complaint. My complaint is the videos of the of the people that were at the game. From the stands, you could tell that the whole show was just for the TV audience.
Speaker 1: Were like, yeah, and I think that's and.
Speaker 2: I get it because, like I understand that way more people watched it on TV. I understand that. But if you paid like five grand to go to the Super Bowl and then the halftime show was something that was for the people watching on TV and made like no sense from your vantage point, wouldn't you be annoyed with that? I think that would be horrible.
Speaker 1: I don't know when the Broncos went to the Super Bowl twenty fifteen, I watched this super book. I think we were in the conventions and I think you got me like J. It was probably definitely J. Jay took better care of me than you did. But Jay had like a table for me for like ten or twelve people, and it was awesome. It was like all you can eat, all you could drink, and I'm.
Speaker 2: The party is the party is pretty cool. It's invite only though every year when every year when I walk over there I'll be walking through saying hello to people. I always make a point to go say hello to Cammy. Gordy was there, you know, Gordy, who we both love, and I was saying. But every year I'm walking through there like how you doing? What's up? And I see a few guys and I'm just like, how did JABRONI get in here? You know, there's always a couple of people.
Speaker 1: I'm like this guy that's me. Usually no story. As much I've been a ton, I've been to the super Bowl party at the d I've been to one at Cosmo, I've been to one at Caesar's. Like, I've been all over the place.
Speaker 2: You're just you're bragging.
Speaker 1: No, what I'm saying is never once have I been like, Damn, I wish I was at the super Bowl, Like I didn't even want to be in San Francisco for as long as I was there, with just the traffic and the headache, and we weren't even anywhere close to Santa Clara. I get it, the super Bowl is a C and BCN type thing, but I cannot imagine spending five thousand dollars on the ticket. I mean, I saw some people posting and I get it's for content, but like, you can't see anything. You're in the freaking nosebleeds.
Speaker 2: Could you? Could you buy a ticket? Hear me out? You buy two tickets for ten grand you are hold on a second hold on.
Speaker 1: For two weeks to day, and that's about what it's costing me.
Speaker 2: What did I say? I said, hear me out, you buy two tickets for ten g's. It's nothing for somebody like you. Then you go into one of these prediction markets and you and Brett, Brett's the guy you're going to the game with. You and Brett bet On Kelly and Vegas being at the super Bowl and win like twenty g's Can you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I got an interesting text. Actually, Bret got a phone call and then I got a separate text from another body saying, Hey, Mark Wahlberg is not going to be at the super Bowl. You should get this down on a calshie as Brett's like on the phone and I said, how do you know? And he goes, he's at the same location that I'm currently in and it's on the East coast. And Brett got a call from the guy who runs the private jet service saying, yeah, Mark's markedin' book is private jet for the super Bowl. So it's like, listen, there's a lot that we can get into with these predictive markets. But like even the guy that supposedly bet that there would be a streaker and there hadn't been a streaker yet, so in the second late in the second half, he decides, screw it, I'll be the streaker. I'll pay the fine, I'll go to jail so that I can make whatever bet.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like you just outed the private jet guy there with that story name you don't know his name, company.
Speaker 1: No idea, okay, I have no idea. It was like Brett's friends with the guy who's friends with the guy, and it was like, hey, by the way, Mark Wahlberg is not going to be there, and everybody who bet bet you know all how to call it betting. Everybody predicted everybody who predicted that Mark Wahlberg wasn't going to be there, and they're only The thing is is that they're all who's taking the know how do you and and how do you prove that?
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I don't really understand.
Speaker 1: I don't understand any of it. I really don't I don't mean to bash those markets. I just don't. I have like lots of things that I think are I won't call them fraudulent, but I think dishonest, and I think that they create bad looks for our industry. Right Like, I'm not going to get into some of it right now, But like somebody said the other day to me, They're like, wait, why would a winner of a contest tip up podcast? And I'm like, yeah, I I don't know.
Speaker 2: Right, there's funny winner of a say that again, a winner of.
Speaker 1: A winner in the circuit contest tipped a podcast host?
Speaker 2: Okay, was he you?
Speaker 1: No? Why would they tip me? What did I do to help them win? The circus Survivor?
Speaker 2: Was it Mitch?
Speaker 1: No? It was the unl V girl Mitch?
Speaker 2: Oh anyway, No, I Mitch was the podcast guy.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is it like there's weird things that like happened that I'm like, that's kind of fishy. And the predictive markets make me think you're only going to get people putting down these large wagers on things they already know the outcome of. So why would I want to dive into that? Why would I want to put myself in to a market Samper's want of bad NBA right now. I know plenty of people that are still doing It's still plenty of making money. But like, why would I want to put my money on if some twenty eight year old kid decides five minutes Darren Peter send ku just happened the other day in college basketball. Oh, I'm choosing it's not even the NBA, that's college basketball that sucks. Now. Granted, k you still won the game, so I'm not.
Speaker 2: Compelling thanks to him. Thanks to him, I told.
Speaker 1: My buddy, I said, you know what, I'm not mad. I could have had six in pocket instead of four. But the reality is he hasn't been playing all season long anyway, So screw that guy.
Speaker 2: But I don't I feel like you've got I don't even remember what topic you started.
Speaker 1: On again, which iking about predictive markets. My point being is I don't because I don't like putting my hard earned money on things that I don't understand what the possible outcome could be. Right, I can spend three hours.
Speaker 2: I feel like you've bet on a lot of bullshit.
Speaker 1: Not like that I don't have good intel on Remember I had great intel on the Pope bet I feel if you have great intel, you want to put your mon. If you are handicapping a game, it's because you went through. You've given yourself a game script, You've power rated certain teams you don't. Nobody wants to play in a fixed market, and I kind of feel like there are some things that are starting to happen that I'm going Why would I want to get involved there? If I'm not the person in the know, Why would I put pony up my money.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to look up this thing that me and my buddy bet On. I feel like it was in Sweden, like they they try to destroy something every Christmas. But the god this could be a very funny story if I can remember what it was. Ah boy, that's it.
Speaker 1: The predictive market.
Speaker 2: The Gavel Goat. The Gavel Goat is a famous Swedish holiday tradition where where a giant straw goat is erected in Gavel's Castle square for advent, only to be frequently destroyed, usually by arson by vandals. Since nineteen sixty six, this thirteen meter tall straw figure has been damage destroyed over thirty five times, becoming an unintended tradition of destruction. So we bet this is in like two thousand and four, we bet this pin pedical because remember this is before all those offshore books got shut off to the American customers in two thousand and seven. This is when we're like in college, and we bet this gavel goat would be destroyed and you could watch a live stream of it on the internet, and we'd go on the internet and be like, ah shit, the galvel goat still hasn't been destroyed. So people are trying it was fun. I bet you can. I bet you could do that on Calci.
Speaker 1: I guess that's where I'm at with Calcie. All these things. Will the soft market be this well that Like, I get that there's there's fun things that people can do.
Speaker 2: I just you're not very You're not that fun though you don't hear you're no, You're not like when it comes to bet, you're not fun, you're you're pissed.
Speaker 1: No. I want, like, I want the same text that I got that it's like, hey, Seattle's gonna call aheads just so you know, like it's no longer the anthem because somebody's outside recording and got the exact time. It's no longer here's what the halftime show is going to be. Because somebody was there at rehearsals like that.
Speaker 2: It wasn't there. It wasn't there a bad intel about that this year. Didn't they say it was good?
Speaker 1: It was bad intel about that this year. Everybody who steamed the under, no matter what number you got, if you took the under on the anthem, you cash. I got a text. I could only get three hundred dollars down, and then it was off the board, and then it moved like three or four seconds, and I was like, I am not betting it again. Been there, done that, and of course it's still one under.
Speaker 2: Do you feel any shame that you bet on the pope thing? Do you feel like any imbursement? No?
Speaker 1: I basically getting all that money back to the Catholic Church.
Speaker 2: That's good. My review of the game was I thought it was a very forgettable game. It's a forgettable result for us at the book. We won, we won some money, We did fine. We did find that the interception really fucked us. The interception of the fourth quarter. Because it was a defensive touchdown, it was also ruled an interception, which really hurt us. That was a really bad play for us. But whatever. I mean, the game was fine. Now, if they hadn't called holding on the Seattle Center and Kenneth Walker had run that all the way to the end zone, the game would have gone over. That would have been no pointo. But they called holding. It was okay, just a boring game, forgettable game. Everyone's asking why you know the handle was down for everybody though, all that for the state, all this hand ringing about the handle, Well A, you can bet money on sports all over the United States now legally b and I know people don't want to hear it, but it wasn't the greatest matchup. I mean, I've probably been out here for twenty Super Bowls, and almost every one of them had Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes or Peyton Manning. I mean one year Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes playing against each other in the Super Bowl, and even the years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the Bucks, every yeah and that too.
Speaker 2: But even the remember one of the Super Bowls I was out here had none of those guys in it. But it was the Packers against the Steelers, two of the most iconic franchises, and Rogers and Roethlisberger are also Hall of Fame quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: So he also made me some money in that game. That was fun.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't a great Here's a question that somebody posed to me. Who they would play it on Sunday is going to be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I mean a super Bowl without a slam. I give it. I gave a name.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling in like twenty years we're going to talk about even Sam Darnold has a Super Bowl ring, right, Like I have a feeling like that, Like you know, like it's what's his name? Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the only name that I could come up with. And he's got a very long way to go, but he's on track to be a Hall of Fame player. Is Jackson Smith and Jigba who was the NFL Offensive Player of the Year who was got a first round pedigree. He's probably the best receiver in the league, but he's only played in the league for three seasons, so he's got an extremely long.
Speaker 1: Everybody who bet his overs was not very happy because he got knocked out of the game.
Speaker 2: Forgettable game. Glad the season's over, Glad I mean, honestly, it's it's a I just I don't know. I'm happy that it's over. Are you ready to turn the page? What do you? What are we going to talk about? Are we? Are we still gonna? Are we still gonna talk? Period?
Speaker 1: Like? Are we still gonna? I'm gonna be there for March Madness, and we're gonna do a live show. Crack and our to do a live show either before or after our show, and that's our next show. I don't know what am I contractually obligated to do.
Speaker 2: I don't know what are you contractually are we going to do?
Speaker 1: On things?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I've had I've had a long day and then I just had a really long traumatic. I took a brief two hour lunch to watch the Liverpool game, and Liverpool more like two hours and fifteen minutes doesn't two hour martini lunch or just oh, we just sat there and watched Liverpool and one one zero.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do the show every week and me and you, Me and you and Cracker aren't doing anything till March. Listen, we've talked about the Westgate parking situation at nauseum. We have talked about how everybody else is getting ripped off in Vegas at nauseum. We need some time for some new stories to develop, and I think March Madness will be perfect cracking me all of his sharp stuff. You know.
Speaker 2: You know what, Vegas and I don't have the power to do this, but I do think that I will give this criticism of Vegas. And I think one of the contributing factors to the Super Bowl. I think this city may have rested on its laurels a little bit too much. You know, they used to do a big UFC event on a Saturday night before the Super Bowl every year, and maybe they should have. You know, there's a lot of big concerts coming to Allegiance this year. Let me see if I can find that list.
Speaker 1: Do you have to have two extra tickets for that suite? By the way, Arielle somehow thought she was in the suite, and I said, no, you said you couldn't ditch your friends. So I have two sweet tickets for me and Alex And she goes, oh, that's okay, John Murray, get two more Igo. Oh yeah, I go, I don't think it works that way. I go just be happy that he's gonna let you ride ride in the suv with this over to Allegiance.
Speaker 2: Well can't. I'd have to ask somebody as powerful as Cammy about something like that. I don't have that kind of authority. That'd be a Cammy thing. But like, here's the list of concerts you guys are going to. Luke Comb's on the twenty first of March. Bruno Mars is doing two shows, Morgan Wallin's doing two shows, and Morgan wall And is May first and May second. Maybe that, Oh yeah, May Second's Kentucky Derby Saturday, by the way, and then you've got a CDC Guns and Roses. My point is there's all these huge shows coming to Vegas this year. They are going to be massive events at Alicia Stadium. Maybe tie one of those in with Super Bowl weekend, maybe do some huge event at the Sphere on Saturday.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's just like something to be like every I was explaining to somebody the other day, Oh, when we're in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're you're always I feel like you're always talking down to people, you know what I mean? Like I was, I explained to him.
Speaker 1: That yeah, no, no, no, we were Ariel and I were having dinner. The guys next to us were like, hey, can we buy you guys a drink? And I'm like, I was just getting ready to buy a bottle of wine and he goes, that's fine. It's like okay. Anyway, we ended up having to talk to these guys because they bought wine, and they ended up being actually rather interesting. They both used to play in the NFL whatever, right, Yeah, they were really cool, like old guys like sixty five, like played for the Rams whatever. So we were talking to them, and thank god, because otherwise I would have probably set the place on fire. It was two and a half hours before we got our steak. It was a four hour dinner. What yeah, it was it. The service in San Francisco was so insane, and I told him, I said, here's my problem. I lived in Vegas, so like I expect that really high level of service, and when you have an event like the Super Bowl, it better be like all hands on deck kind of like make have your best people. And I felt really bad for our service because I knew it wasn't her fault. So anyway, these guys complained and I was like, don't complain, but they.
Speaker 2: Didn't what kind of tips you give that girl?
Speaker 1: Uh? I gave her a twenty percent tip. I just had a run. She ran in my credit cards for a penny and I gave her one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Was that tip?
Speaker 1: Lie?
Speaker 2: Or was it was it?
Speaker 1: I did tip her?
Speaker 2: But I no, no, no, no, no, I said, that really was the tip? Were you lying with the tip? Or did she really deserve it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I know you? Okay, So here he was very generous.
Speaker 1: It was normally a lounge cocktail waitress, and she was serving food in the dining room. That's how bad it was at this like really nice steakhouse. And so I felt bad for her, knowing that a she wasn't doing only her job. But the kitchen was You could definitely tell was the kitchen because guess what. She brought out our bottle of wine. I never had to pour it glass myself. We never ran out of water. She brought out our salad, which I'm sure she was in charge of. But then between the salad and the steak was like a long time. And I say this whole story because I was explaining to these guys, like living in Vegas, you knew, you knew the big events right, Every year there were massive whether it's March Madness, whether it's Memorial Day weekend where there's Labor Day weekend, whether it's opening week of the NFL, whether it's Mexican Independence week and nothing. Well, yeah, New Year's Eve is different because people stay at their same table, right, they buy a like a package versus like Mexican Independence Weekend would be insane, and they would always have a Canelo fight. And so when you're saying this, I'm like, it makes sense because they used to market these nfr They would always have country concerts, Cell Point, Casgate, Team Mobile, right, Thomas and Mack. They always had all of these different events. So I don't know who was in charge of booking for the super Bowl this year, but that sounds like they really dropped the ball.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they did have Backstreet Boys the sphere and somebody told me, although I don't know what what's the crossover between super Bowl and Backstreet Boys? I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I think you're right the Backstreet Boys so you can spend the whole day in the sports book on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I don't know that's fair good point, but I feel like the city maybe needs to be a little bit more aware of how easily people can legally bet on the Super Bowl now, and maybe they got they got to level up a little bitter.
Speaker 1: I think they need to do more than that. I think they need to realize a that they are gouging people like it is bad listening to some of these stories, like and some of the things Crack said, and things that people said. He showed me a receipt of Caesar's. Somebody took twenty dollars out of the ATM. I don't know why you only take out twenty dollars in cash, not my business, but they took out twenty they got charge twelve dollars in ATM fees.
Speaker 2: I think that that person was just trying to go viral. Who would take twenty dollars a nak.
Speaker 1: If I took out twenty dollars twelve dollars, that seems excessive.
Speaker 2: Companies will charge what people are willing to pay.
Speaker 1: I get it. But I also think that some of these room rates and some of these other things, I think I think pre COVID Vegas was headed down a bad track. COVID derailed everything, and then I thought, Okay, they're gonna take better care of their locals. They're not gonna charge for parking. They're not gonna do all these things. I know why the west Gate charges for parking in that back lot, and I explained to somebody the other day because of the conventions, they've gotten to that over there, so that somebody. My buddy Joe was like, I just run in and run out so I don't get charged for parking. And I'm like, why don't you just get it? And he's like, I didn't know that was an option. I'm like, don't talk to me. You claim to listen to my show every weekend. Don't talk to me.
Speaker 2: But those signs everywhere about parking validation.
Speaker 1: Correct, He's a bird brain, but you knew this. The bottom line is is that it's if you're there for the convention, you're paying. If you're there to use the sports book or to eat at one of the restaurants, you're gonna get a validated and having to go downtown and pay the park or having to go other places. It's I see where people are kind of getting a little vegas fatigued. It's like you're on the desert.
Speaker 2: You've got vegas fatigue. That's why you moved. Yes, yeah, yes, Ariel wants two free tickets to us uh.
Speaker 1: SE for this cont No. I think Ariel was like, okay, like Kelly's got the sweet and I'm like, yeah, but I told you in the beginning it was only And now she's like, oh, you're gonna sit in there with Alex. I'm like yeah, because you're gonna go with your friend. And she's like, can you let me know? I'm like, I'm not asking on your behalf. You have to ask John Murray and I'm gonna you just no, no, no, I did not ask for her.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 1: From Mark that she should ask you.
Speaker 2: So what happened with these guys at the San Francisco dinner? The football players?
Speaker 1: They bought us two bottles of wine and that was it. We went back to the hotel room. We had to work early. The time change really kicked my ass. I think I'm getting old.
Speaker 2: How are you gonna make it up to Sam? Panny out of it? And Joe Strowsky that you want in the show? What are you? What's your plan there? What's try to offer?
Speaker 1: To take Samy Pete to dinner for his birthday while was in Vegas and he and you both respectfully declined. So I'm going to also ask you for a comfert Edge steakhouse.
Speaker 2: You can ask say no, yeah you can, I'll just say no.
Speaker 1: I'll ask Mindy. She can forge your signature. I'm sure she's gotten really good out of by now.
Speaker 2: You know. It's funny Mindy and I. I had meetings all day yesterday and I wasn't here Monday. So today was the first time that Mindy and I were able to really talk since the Super Bowl, and one of the first things I told her we needed to do was go through the reservations for March Madness. So we've been doing that today.
Speaker 1: And you guys out yet.
Speaker 2: Friday is just it's already just like yeah, Friday's yeah, already sold out. Thursday, Thursday, there's a couple spots left. Actually, funny, I.
Speaker 1: Have a spot for Thursday, correct because I've been by people.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely not, okay, No, it was funny. Cammy called me last week and she's like, hey, do you have any spots for March mad for No, She goes, is there anything going on? Is there anything I can reserve for March nineteen through twenty two? And I was like, yeah, of course. I mean that's that's marsh Madness, and and she's like, well, can I have a spot there? And I was like you might have what. I was like, you tell me what you need me to do, and we'll give you one of the spots. But I mean, it's pretty darn packed. Yeah, March March Madness. I think I think March Madness is even more fun than Super Bowl. Oh my god, yes, I think it is better. It's it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I think what we're gonna do is, we're gonna go to you guys on Thursday, and then Friday, we're gonna need some vitamin D after spending an entire day indoors, So I think we're gonna go to a pool and uh, then Saturday, I think we're gonna probably be really hungover from the pool, slash whatever, and we got to get like ready for Luke Colmbs. So I don't know, maybe I'll come down there see who I know, crash their party for a few hours while everybody else is doing whatever they want to do.
Speaker 2: Sounds like fun? What uh is? What else are we what are we going to talk about? How are we going to get through the next couple of weeks. My my college basketball future bet on b YU took a turn, Yeah, in the in the bad direction.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: They lost Oklahoma State.
Speaker 1: I bet against last night. I have Iowa State and I was like, I like TCU zero money line.
Speaker 2: Dollars TCU one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, outright, and I almost lost for due after they were up twenty two.
Speaker 2: Saturday was a tough day here. We had a lot of people in the book, We had a lot of business and there were three college basketball games that we had big decisions on. We needed. We needed Illinois against Michigan State, We needed Tennessee against Kentucky, and then we needed b YU against Houston. We got none of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was on Houston and Michigan State.
Speaker 2: I really really we really needed Illinois would have been huge, and they were winning the whole game.
Speaker 1: That was tough, sporty one in overtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I like that Illinois team. I like that Illinois too. I think they're pretty good. We got We talked about this on the show last week, Looking at the White Sox, looking at the Braves, looking at the Pirates. Pirates signed marcel A Zuna this week. It looks like the Pirates are at least trying to be good. I don't know if that's like because they're afraid that Paul Skeens is gonna ask for a trade or something. But they're finally, they're finally signing veteran players. They're like attempting to be good. Okay, but no, there's not There's not a ton to talk about this this time of year. This is like me and the guys are talking about this this morning. This looks like about the slowest weekend that you could ever have in sports outside of the summer. The NBA is going to be on its All Star break, hockey is on its Olympic break. The UFC not doing an event this weekend, which is pretty surprising because it's kind of an open weekend. It's it's very it's going to be very quiet this week. Don't have a ton to share with you, guys. Just happy that football is over. Another brutal season of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I'm looking at some of this baseball stuff. White Sox twenty five to one to win the Al Central. Ooh, do we like him that much?
Speaker 2: De Troy looks like they're pretty good. Detroy signed Justin Verlander this week. They also have Okay.
Speaker 1: Justin Verlanders is as old as I am. What are they doing?
Speaker 2: I think he's actually literally as old as we are. I'm pretty sure he graduated college the same year.
Speaker 1: You graduated college, a year earlier than me. It took me five years.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's not official, but yeah, I think I think Verlander is actually the same age we are. Let me see.
Speaker 1: But you can.
Speaker 2: You can pitch even when you get older. Okay, Justin Verlander is forty two years old.
Speaker 1: I told you I was think he's old.
Speaker 2: That is old. The Tigers should be good. I think Cleveland'll be okay as well. Kansas City had a really bad year last year. You know, Kansas City made the playoffs two years ago. They really fell off last season. Minnesota, it's hard to believe the White Socks could be with a division, but I do like the White Sox. I think they'll be pretty competitive. Don't have any UFC picks. There's no event this week? What do you people want from me? What do you people want?
Speaker 1: Somebody something or another? What do you guys got going on over at west Gate minus one?
Speaker 2: On nine Jews? How'd Art do on Saturday? How to Art do Saturday?
Speaker 1: And his picks twelve and seven At twelve and seven. Yeah, Art did really good. Two days ago we went five and oh. I didn't share them with anybody. Sorry, guys, Well that's nice. What the hell didn't I just asked Art. I was like, hey, any sharp stuff came over, Let's see what he sent me. He sent me a bunch of stuff. He's actually off today and tomorrow, which sucks because I'm excuse me, Art. He gave me Arkansas Pine Bluff, Northwestern State, Indie, Biana, which I did give out Indiana, No, I didn't, did I Yeah, Delaware State under and Florida A and m over easy five and oh. I text him you was the best. Oh, I'm sure it's not because not, Randy.
Speaker 2: I'm sure your fans and the listeners to your show will be thrilled to hear that you in five and oh on five picks I play.
Speaker 1: I have been giving them free picks. We're on a seven and O heater. We were two and two for like ever one and one, two and two, one and one, blah blah, fifty percent. Now we're seven and oh since Saturday. I don't want to hear anybody complain.
Speaker 2: I know, Randy, really likes. You know, Randy really likes the White Sox. So I'm just saying, if the White Sox don't deliver, I would I would blame Randy. I would I would point the finger at Randy.
Speaker 1: I you know, that day that I asked Randy for sharp information was not very good.
Speaker 2: You know, Randy is the guy who nickname John Hoaglan the unit. Oh yeah, we were at work and uh, I told remember you know Kristin Mackie, She's one who hire John. And I was like, man, I was talking to christ and I was like, this, this social media kid, you hired. This guy's a unit. And then Randy heard that, He's like, maybe we should call him unit and just took off.
Speaker 1: So actually you called him that, and then Randy said, we're going to keep it.
Speaker 2: That's a Seinfeld reference, t Bone. Remember that nod that.
Speaker 1: There was lots of derogatory slurs hidden in Seinfeld. I learned about on Radio Row with Ariel because I was laughing about all the new derogatory slurs that are coming out and I told her how hilariously funny I think they are. So she was teaching me more Yiddish, and apparently if I just watched Seinfeld. I could hear all those words in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Who knew Well, Remember George wants everybody to call him t bone, so he orders a t bone and then then Neil Watkins from accounting orders a t bone. Is Watkins, you like t bones? Well, the man, we should call you t bone.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the episode where they call Elena shifts. I don't think calling a girl uh funny are making me laugh? She was teaching me all sorts of I told you, just like Spanish, I know all the bad words. That's all I care about because it's bad words are funny.
Speaker 2: I hope that when we do our I agree with that. I hope that when we do our next show, we have more to talk about.
Speaker 1: But they're just want to do a show today.
Speaker 2: But it's not your fault. It's not your fault the Super Boys. It was a very boring super Bowl. There isn't a lot to come out of the game. I think the better team obviously won, and I think it's very I think it's very impressive that the NFC West went undefeated in the playoffs. The only the only time an NFC West team lost in the playoffs was to another NFC West team because Seattle knocked out San Francisco and the Rams then won the Super Bowl. That that that Seattle team was just really really good. It was a lot. I think it was better than any of us realized all year long. New England kind of won the AFC by default, and it was a crappy super Bowl. There isn't there isn't a lot to say about it. And this is a very slow sports weekend. I hope that the golf picks start to pick up. You know, tell Brett feel free to send me.
Speaker 1: Some sea He gave me justin Rose for the splash contest. We are. We had Matsuama last week had Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had Maverickly. You know what one thing I do.
Speaker 1: Enjoy contest Because your boy Joff forgot to sign you guys up.
Speaker 2: Well, Jeff has a lot going on. Jeff is a yuppie. You know, he's been.
Speaker 1: Yuppie putting our government for overpriced contracts.
Speaker 2: You doing yuppie activities in Northern Virginia. He doesn't have time to be in a golf pool.
Speaker 1: He's like in.
Speaker 2: He probably is, but yeah, the only the only enjoyment I'm getting out of golf is like I follow all the West Reynolds picks. I really like Wes and then when whenever, like the whenever the guy that I bet on missus a putt or it's a shitty shot, I can just be like, oh, thanks Wes pick, Thank you Wes.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing with Randy. Thanks Randy like that, it's like thanks Randy. My text message. Yeah, but Brad gave me Justin Rose. So that's who I played this week in the splash contest. That's all I got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we didn't get very far our our team. I I recommended, Uh, I'm a different splash contest. I recked him. I recommended Victor Hoveland Hoveland because that's who West liked, and my partner texted back, isn't Victor Hoveland Diapers? And then I never texted back because I was watching Little Pool. I don't so I never just like I don't understand bad Bunny, and I don't understand Kendrick Lamar. I don't understand what that means either.
Speaker 1: Old there are some other weird things coming out, like I've been siting on social media, like maxing, and like I don't get any of the stuff that kids are talking about.
Speaker 2: The guy who texted me that is forty one years old.
Speaker 1: Maxing apparently looks maxing. Is that a thing like if I turn on this filter, like on the computer, and I just like make myself look like twenty years younger? Does that look look maxing? Is that what that means?
Speaker 2: Isn't that what girls do on Instagram? Don't they like have all these filters to make themselves prettier.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but my lighting is getting out of control because it's getting dark. That's that means it's time for the show to be over.
Speaker 2: Hopefully next week we'll have some more baseball information.
Speaker 1: And I don't care about baseball. I care about college basketball. Can you can you walk into the wriskroom and ask anybody but Randy for tonight's sharp plays, please, and then all at the unit out. I'll let the unit tweet it out from the Instagram or not the Instagram to Twitter.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea, the X look. The best I can do is I can go ask an anonymous person in the risk room. One of them might be Randy. Randy is back there, and it couldn't y give me the picks. That's what I'll do. I can do. That's the best I can do.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll take it.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you. When do you want to do the show next Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, that works for me.
Speaker 2: Oh next Wednesday, I'm going to Naked City and then Colorado State at UNLV. What's up? Oh yeah, that's my first UNLV game of the year. Haven't been there this season.
Speaker 1: That'll be fine. The following Wednesday, we're gonna have to regroup. Just so you know, I gotta go to Orlando for my dad to go see somebody for an echo cardiogram. And I'm like, Dad, do we really do we really need this? No? Just the VA sending you through hoops again. Yeah we can.
Speaker 2: I can move anything around for you, Kelly. It's it's my pleasure to accommodate. You're a very busy schedule. You just let me know what you need and keep sending those golf picks because I need them because I'm losing all my money in crypto. But I'm gonna keep this break.
Speaker 1: Even looked at crypto. Why do you have to say that I purposely have not opened the app? John Murray, why do you know? And I'm gonna be really mad at you.
Speaker 2: Why do you think. Why do you think I said say that now?
Speaker 1: I gotta look.
Speaker 2: The only reason I said I do the show this week is because I need to keep working. Because I'm freaking crypto. I gotta I gotta stay. I'm gonna cry, I gotta stay.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, z Cash is like thirty eight.
Speaker 2: These are not the good times. These are not the good times they told us about. But it's okay. We when when by U ins the national Championship, I can finally hang them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would say it's not winning the national championship. I would say team I watched last night and bet against.
Speaker 2: Wow, let's do uh. Let's plan on Wednesday, the eighteen before I go to collegorad and say UNLV and hopefully we'll have made a little bit of money between now and then.
Speaker 1: I highly doubt it.