Speaker 1: Time for rock news on one oh one one w JRR, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One O one one w JRR.
Speaker 2: Sing as we just heard from Metallica. We'll start off rock news with some Metallica related news in a moment after we remind you today is a Tuesday ticket takeover. If you want to get buy our Instagram at one O one one w JRR. Fabulous chance that prizes.
Speaker 3: Awaits Yes again at one O one one w JRR your chance to win Summer of Loud tickets Summer Flew of Bands on that U Loud, I prevail, Parkway Drive, kill Switch Engaged, Devilwaar's product. It goes on and on, so fair tooth on that one. Yes they are as well. At one oh one one w jr R. You know how we played Bush a minute ago? Yeah, I got some rock news for you. Did you know that Gavin Rossdale has a show out called Dinner with Gavin Rosdale. I didn't know that, but now I do. I would I didn't know it either, and it popped up on my TV. See that I took a picture of it, so I remember. But they were saying, not only is he the lead singer a bush an amazing band whatever they said, he also he's a self taught chef. He cooks with famous people and then eats of them.
Speaker 2: Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich will appear at the south By Southwes. It just popped up on his phone. Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich will appear at the south By Southwest Gathering on March eleventh from Austin. He and a dude from Apple Music are going to discuss Breaking the Fourth Wall, which will explore how the band is continuing to use revolutionary technology to connect more deeply with fans, bringing them truly inside their dynamic live performance. Lars's session probably carved. He's probably gonna need to carve out a whole afternoon for his his session.
Speaker 3: That'll be a full day almost.
Speaker 2: Lors Lars like stuff, you know, go in depth, Yam or West Scantlon. I can't believe puddle of.
Speaker 3: Mud bike Weig has only been going on since Friday and he's already in the news getting in trouble now.
Speaker 2: It's not that he's in trouble. They the band performed at Broken Spokes Saloon on Saturday. All right, now, I want to give credit where credit is due here. Their performance was part of a benefit for Saint Jude's Children's Hospital. Awesome. They banned autographed guitar that someone paid five thousand dollars for. All of that went to Saint Jude's. So awesome there, Good job, guys. The performance not so awesome? Really, uh, he clearly was not on his game. The show has been described as quote a total disaster, and that he claimed that a one time bandmate contributed to his disaster performance by roofyeing him.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah, I uh, that's a good bandmate there. It's not the dude just here.
Speaker 2: They're doing a benefit of Daytona down there, and Rufie is ask remember the one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was one bar owner or one town.
Speaker 2: It was in Michigan. Yes, that he is.
Speaker 3: He will never be allowed here again.
Speaker 2: All right, good on the fundraiser, guys. Come on, you guys, follow through with a solid performance.
Speaker 3: Yeah. There's been a few reports of this over the years. Come on, hi, if you missed a concert announcement yesterday. Offspring announcing their twenty twenty five tour with Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory. We'll kick off here in Florida in West Palm Beach on July eleventh, and I think financial and then the following day it heads to Tampa for Mid Credit or Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheater. Pre sale begins tomorrow the code to use his funk key and then general on sale is Friday.
Speaker 2: At ten o'clock. Right again, that's offspring Jimmy Eat World and Newfound Glory July twelfth. Tampa is a close estate here. R e M briefly reunited the entire band in their hometown of Athens, Georgia a couple of nights ago. Michael Shannon, the actor, he has his RIM tribute that he does. Him and another buddy they go out to Ram Tunes and as was the case last time they went through Athens, band showed up to show their support and lo and behold, this time all of them got up on stage and did a full run through of Pretty Persuasion, one of their old school tones. It's a great song.
Speaker 3: By the way, I used to be a huge Rim fan. Why aren't you anymore? I mean, I still like them. I just you know, I don't really have any tapes anymore. CDs. Oh, there's this thing called streaming. You can listen to any Rim song you'd like. I just haven't thought to like you know what it for free? iHeartRadio app could help you. Yeah, Like, when I'm listening to that at the gym, I don't think to have Arim come on. But next time it does, I'll give it a thumbs up so that it recurs like Duran Durand does in different one.
Speaker 2: Top five in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame voting fan vote remains unchanged, although increased in numbers from last week's update. Cindy Lauper at five, Bad Company at four, Soundgarden at three, Billy Idle at two, and the Fish. Fans continue to vote in droves, putting them way out in front. So we'll see you can vote. I believe voting is open through the twenty first for the fan vote for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If you want to have a saint in that, okay. Helen Grant, who is the daughter of Led Zeppelin manager Peter Krant, has jumped into poor cold water for all the praise it's being keaped on Zeppelin members Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Robert Playing and John Bonham in the reviews of their documentary Becoming led Zeppelin. She's pissed because she feels that the more needs to be said about her late father, who's hard work, dedication and overall commitment to the band. Really, you know, we're key making them what they were and.
Speaker 1: Witch maybe true, but come on.
Speaker 3: Ellen, Yeah, it's doing great all over the country and here you are because you're good.
Speaker 2: She's she's cleaning up. Don't worry with her steak in the led Zeppelin franchise.
Speaker 3: Somebody said pat at two two five, two six, a lot of my friends went to Puddle of Mud concert, which is right next to my house, said it was horrible.
Speaker 2: We were trying our best to you know, kind of no good and bad on that. There was the good charity aspect. But yeah, told you about Lars and South By South. This is this is interesting. Alice Cooper's guitarist, Nita Strauss, who is fantastic and she's a very nice person. On top of all that, she recorded a video for Guitar World where she names the guitar riffs that changed her life and I'm on board with all these. Obviously, she since she plays guitar for Alice Cooper. Alice was a big influence in his past catalog, the song Poison in particular. She says, stuck with her crazy train and the riff in the Trooper from Iron Maid, and you won't see her talking about all that. That so on you too.
Speaker 3: That's what I got for rock news. Anybody up for watching Dinner with Gavin?
Speaker 2: No, thank you for that. Tako Bob.
Speaker 3: J r R.
Speaker 1: Orlando's rock station