Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 3: That's who you don't help, come running just as fast as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 2: Come, Ma Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino. Here on the Troubleshooter Show, the longest running show on the air, still on the air with the same host running forty five years. Are actually more than that, but forty five years in Denver. So that's uninterrupted. And we welcome you. Why because this is really the only place in media to get real help, truly on big and small problems.
Speaker 2: Direct help.
Speaker 5: And what we do is take your problem and tell you where to go or what to do or we help you. Now in the studio you'll see in the big picture in the back there if you're if you're streaming us, we have a Mark at the helm there, Major Mark Major, and then we have Deputy d for Dmitri, and.
Speaker 2: Of course Lovely sues the uh chief.
Speaker 5: Bottle washer, and everyone else reports and then oh behind the behind my little cutout there who just raised his hand. I didn't he's behind me. But then's okay, I don't think we can Okay, Deputy I can adjust it. Oh right there, Thank you, sus. And then we have Hannah Hannah Hannah Bobana Banana Fanna Bofenna. Uh, that's a fun name to play the name game with. And anyway, Hannah is with fix It twenty four to seven. Somebody, by the way, just on a quick note, you somebody just.
Speaker 2: Ask this.
Speaker 5: Bye, yes by text? Somebody just asked by text? Do you go to Greeley?
Speaker 2: Hannah? Dude, does fix It go to Greeley?
Speaker 6: Yes we do, sir, you know, yes we do.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm telling tell this guy who just texted me, Yes, they go to Greeley for.
Speaker 6: The exam clean in that direction.
Speaker 7: Yeah, north Fort Collins. We don't go to Fort Collins, so pretty much up to Fort Collins.
Speaker 2: Pretty much.
Speaker 6: Yes, we get a lot of calls from Fort Collins.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 5: Fix myhome dot com and then just hit book now and that's or fix at twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: So welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Number of things I want to talk about it first, I'll always talk about your problems and complaints. First, phone calls take precedent on the show. But I every day I sit here, we're weekdays mark or I sit here and we take calls and then we get comments. The comments come during the call, sometimes on YouTube chat, or they text us and you can text us as well. At here's my favorite number because it comes to my cell phone twenty four to seven, so if you want to text me directly or the show seven four seven eighty seven four seven eighty. And by the way, that number was filled up with well wishers when I was in the hospital undergoing this cancer surgery and I had a successful outcome and Mark talked about it. I had hundreds and hundreds and they came right to me and I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty.
Speaker 5: Then iHeart has a number, a short code you can text five seven seven three nine. Just put Tom there, It'll come to me. So one of the things I wanted to talk about is we hear about problems every day, and one of the things we will get will get comments. Some of them are off the wall, some of them are right on, some of them are ingenious, and I call them pearls of wisdom. Many times I take notes of these even though I didn't air them. So your comments on calls are important. But today I'm going to ask a favor. Today I'm going to ask you to verbalize. I'm not verbalized, but call in with them or text me. Because I love wisdom, and wisdom comes from all over the place, everywhere. So I want your pearls of wisdom. As al Pacino said, Incent of a woman, pearls. I'm spitting pearls here, pearls of wisdom.
Speaker 2: I want you.
Speaker 5: It doesn't have to be about a caller at hand, but even if you recall a past problem where you wanted to chime in, I truly want to know what's on your mind and what kind of solutions you may offer. So give us a call if you have pearls of wisdom or little things that always work for you always. I want to give you a quick example. But I'm going to take a call first. Things that always work for you that you'd like to share with us, little hacks that you've come up with, or little things that you do that serve you well.
Speaker 2: Share it with us.
Speaker 5: It could be something like getting a low price plane ticket, or taking advantage of coupon deals, or say anything. Just let us know. Now, Rick, he wants to talk about a drywall issue. So we'll start off with Rick, Rick, what is going on.
Speaker 8: Hi, Tom, thanks for taking the call back.
Speaker 2: In What's going on?
Speaker 8: Twelve eleven, But twenty four I hired a contractor to do some drywall for me and he came up with He delivered fifty five sheets out of one hundred and sixty seven. There was supposed to be eight footer or twelve footers or eight footers, which I let him go. I came home from work and uh, it was a mess. He didn't even have a drywall square. It was all cut up. They had two three screws in each sheet. It was covered up all the outlets. It was a horrible mess. So I called him and he came by the.
Speaker 9: Next day and I let him go.
Speaker 8: I said, you know a drywall or don what's going on? So I get Rick?
Speaker 5: Rick, I want to ask a couple of questions, how did you How did you find this guy?
Speaker 2: To begin with?
Speaker 8: I found him through a friend out in Cheensburg.
Speaker 2: And where are you located?
Speaker 8: I'm located in Strasburg, Colradel.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the bottom line is you hired a drywall contractor who did a bad job. But if he wasn't finished. Many times, drywall to the untrained eye may look like or screwed up. Like I remember one time coming into my new home. I was building at one time, and I saw exactly what you're talking about, and I saw rough edges and around the outlets I saw.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know. I didn't like it.
Speaker 5: So but when it was finished and taped it, it was fine.
Speaker 2: So what what do you know about drywall?
Speaker 5: And what was really defective about the rough drywall job you looked at?
Speaker 8: Well, what was defective is tom is that when he cut it, he just ripped the paper right off it and then the pieces and pieces yip.
Speaker 5: But Rick Rick, Rick Rick, they cover all that up with mud.
Speaker 2: I mean what I'm trying to discern here, I'm trying.
Speaker 5: To figure out was it really defective or how do you know it was defective?
Speaker 2: Did you have someone look at it?
Speaker 8: I did. I had another professional company come out and look at it.
Speaker 5: And what did they say? I know what they said? It has to be all redone.
Speaker 8: Well, what he said was he says they definitely weren't a drywall company, didn't know what they're doing. And he said, uh, we can we can fix what they what they put up. But I already tore it down.
Speaker 5: Rick, I don't know what to tell you. Man, how long ago was this?
Speaker 8: This was a twelve eleven.
Speaker 2: Of last year, so in December?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Here, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Rick, let's let's just look at this. Let's look at this logically. Do you have any pictures that there was a dry wall job?
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 2: Mark?
Speaker 7: I was just wondering if he had a picture of it that he could send, because I'm kind of yeah, that's what I was going to add. Dry wall looks. Dry wall can look horrible to they finish. Yeah, that's that's exactly right. And here's but let me just go over the problem.
Speaker 5: Let's assume Rick was right. Okay, what we have is a guy that roughed in drywall. Rick came home and didn't like it. Rick said, I'm not going to I don't want you to finish the job. You don't know what you're doing. He has another guy come in after the fact, which I love when businesses do that because most of them, no matter what, we'll say, yeah, we got to do the whole thing over blah blah blah. So now we have somebody telling him has to be redone and he meanwhile out the whole job. So Rick here's what I'm saying to you. I'm gonna tell you the truth straight up. There is no way you're gonna go back and get reimbursed for something when you did not give them the opportunity to fix it, and when you tore it down, and there's no way to examine. There's no way to say, wait a minute, this is fine or this isn't fine, whether you're right or wrong, there is no way now to reconstruct this case. Do you have any picks we can at least look at.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Tom, I forgot to tell you he did the walls first instead of doing the ceiling, and he said he was gonna cut it a half inch off the ceiling and chuck the side wreck.
Speaker 5: None of that, it matters, Rick, None of that matters. The only thing that matters is the finished job. Okay, I don't understand what made you want to quit on this guy, Like, what was so bad when you came back and looked at it. What was You're not a dry waller, How do you know it was a bad job?
Speaker 8: Hey, Tom, when he didn't do the sewing first, that's that's when I knew he was in the drywall. You always do the sealing first.
Speaker 5: Okay, Rick, that is not sufficient reason to breach the contract. What what are you? What are you calling about today? Is this guy coming after you for payment?
Speaker 8: No, he took six thousand dollars from me, and uh, he refuses to give me my money back for the drive. I'm willing to pay him for the drywall and the time that he spent doing it. But other than that, he's still and that it was fifty five dollar yes, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Rick, the entire drywall job quoted was how much?
Speaker 8: The entire dry drywall job was twelve and eighty dollars?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 2: Okay? And you paid him half.
Speaker 8: I did when he when he delivered fifty okay.
Speaker 2: And you believe you should get that money back.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, because he didn't finish the job. He put twenty sheets up.
Speaker 5: Okay, you quit You fired him, Rick, You fired him, you didn't let him finish, right, Well, So, Rick, if you suit him a small claims court, which would be the logical venue, I'm going to tell you what's going to happen. Mark's going to tell you he's a veteran of small claims court and as far as evidence and all that, hang on, I'm Tom Martino three O three seven one three eight two fivey five. Waterpros dot net the best water systems at the lowest prices anywhere. And I mean that you call Waterpros, you call no one else. Around forty nine hundred dollars, you get the whole house Forever, chemicals, plastics, all of that removed. Waterpros dot net three oh three eight six two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two dirty.
Speaker 2: I'm Tom Martino. You're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 5: Dan McKenzie is a state planning attorney. And if you need a will, a trust, if you want to stay out of probate, or if you're in the middle of probate. That's McKenzie law on a referral list at referral list dot com.
Speaker 2: McKenzie law. He's a great guy for eight.
Speaker 5: Three three COE plans eight three three coeo plans. Okay, so basically he hung up right because he's he's the guy with the diywall. Here's the DELP. I'm just going to say this. In every single case, No, not every single but in the hard to solve cases, people have done something. They've gone in, they got pissed off at the contractor and fired him on the spot, unless it is so totally egregious where they're doing irreparable harm to your home, or it is so obviously bad that they don't know what they're doing. Short of that, you can't just breach the contract, and before you do you have to have professional documentation. But he not just from people that wanted he did something way worse, way worse. Yeah, destroy the evidence.
Speaker 7: No, he paid up front, or else he wouldn't be in this position. He paid the guy sitting other rand up front. He should have just paid for the drywall when it showed up. Then pay the guy daily as he's hanging it now. People, when we bring this up.
Speaker 5: Inevitably, I'm going to get texts about paying up front, both from contractors and consumers. Contractors say, well, I want to make sure they're not just fooling around, because I got to keep that slot open and I want to make sure that they're real. The other ones say, some contractors say, if I don't get money upfront, I'll never get paid, or homeowners are tough. Then homeowners will say if I don't pay money upfront, they won't start. Or if I do pay money upfront, I checked the guy out and they never really check him out.
Speaker 2: Here's the bottom line.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to because people ask me this all the time, and I have to lay it out first and foremost. In my opinion, the best scenario is not to pay a penny upfront, not a penny now. The only exceptions would be if they are ordering materials for your job. If you can verify that, then you pay a deposit on the materials and that would be it now or when materials.
Speaker 7: Are For example, I paid Gravina upfront. We got a beautiful sliding door from them, and it was a custom They had to measure it and they had to order it from the manufacturer. And I think we paid twenty percent down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now, Or when materials are delivered to your home and it's earmarked for your job, it's okay to pay when they're delivered. The other one is when work begins. Part of that work could be plans. If they're drawing up plans and they visit you several times before they actually take a hammer and start doing stuff, Yes, it's okay to pay as you go, but don't ever pay more or don't ever pay substantially less. You don't want them to go broke either. But there's got to be some give and take. So then people say, well, Tom, you might say that, but people on your refer list some of them demand money down. Yes they do, and it's not against the law. It's not unethical, it's not there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 2: It just puts you at risk.
Speaker 5: Even a great person who takes money down, if they're hit by a bus, it's over in many cases. So I just say, try not to pay anything upfront, and definitely don't pay just to get a slot in line. Contractors, Look, I'm not paying you upfront. I'll pay you when work begins or you show me where you're ordering materials and I'll pay and that's.
Speaker 2: Just the way I do it.
Speaker 5: There are exceptions to everything. There are good people that don't know how to manage money because most tradesmen are not good businessmen, and good businessmen don't have the wherewithal to do the trade. The most successful business is a business where the people who are knowledgeable in the trade do not try to run their own business because they usually don't have both sets of skills. If you do, more power to you. But what I try to get over on people is you have two completely different sets of businesses. One is common to all business that's the acquisition of leads and the closing of sales. No matter what business you're in, no matter what business you're in, that is the first thing that happens, and it's common to all businesses. Carl Shibe one time he had gutter helmet. He owned gutter helmet at one time, and he said, Tom, I'm in the business of gathering leads. He was not in the gutter helmet business. He said that was the trade and he left that up to his tradesmen.
Speaker 2: So you have to have that mindset.
Speaker 5: You are in the business of acquiring customers and keeping them happy. Then your tradesmen do the work or tradeswomen. I don't know what the proper term is now, but if you want to do both, you can. If you want to do both, but you must run the business like a business, and too many times people don't do that. Now, here's the deal. If you're in business and you want some ideas, give me a call. Most businesses, like Mark, we've had it happen where we deliver leads to people.
Speaker 2: They advertise with us, and.
Speaker 5: Then all of a sudden they say, well, I'm not so sure the ads are working out. We might be spending too much money. And what do we find, Mark, What do we find in those cases? Most of the time, well.
Speaker 2: Know what we find? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean a lot of the time. Say it again, Tom, I think I missed you. Oh yeah, no, no, that's gay.
Speaker 5: So when people come to us now and then they say, well, Tom, Mark, the ads aren't working you know, I mean, yeah, we're not getting many jobs.
Speaker 7: They end up coming back. And I'll tell you why they end up coming back. We're in a very unique situation the way we advertise. When we talk about a company like I just talked about Gravina and someone out there might go, wow, he was really happy with that door blah blah blah, or I do a commercial for him, or Tom does a commercial for him, or we do a commercial for fix It twenty four to seven. That's in here. They hear it, they want the deal. They don't remember the phone number because most likely they're driving. They get back home, or they get to the restaurant or wherever they're going, and they Google fix It twenty four to seven or Gravina Windows, and then they take that link from Google over and it looks like more than not that Google sent a link. So what happens is when they stopped the advertising with us, the Google slows down. They got credit for everything we did. And that's just a fact. That's not just this show. It's virtually anybody on the radio or television these days. Google gets credit for everything.
Speaker 5: Now, now here's another thing I want to say. One of the things that we teach people because they say, when the ads aren't working, we have founded many cases. I'm going to give you a carpet company. One time, this carpet company over on sata Fe they were advertising with us, and I do what's called rejection research. You know how many people do surveys on customers, satisfied customers or just customers. After you do business, you get a survey, how did we do blah blah blah. The most important research is not from customers who bought from you. It's customers that rejected you. So I said to this carpet company, let me do you a favor. I want you to give me the leads that you had from our ads, and then I want to find out I want an interview. Oh, he says, wait a minute, you don't have to interview to them. We have our questionnaire as we send to all customers. I said, no, I want the ones who called you and said we decided not to move forward, or people who rejected you on your first call or visit, because that told us more information than people who used you. So here's what happened. I took a bunch of leads that did not move forward, and I start asking questions. And in this particular case, it all went through one particular person. When they got to that person, they got a bad taste in there. So all of their rejection was coming from this one person. After and I said to them, you're getting leads you're not closing leads. That's not Tom's fault, that's not Mark's fault. When we do a commercial, if people call you and you can't close the deal, or something happens that makes the consumer reject you, you better find out why. Sometimes it's simple, sometimes it's complicated. Sometimes it's your process, but for some reason or another, they rejected you. So I'm telling businesses right now, keep track of people who have not used you. Keep track of them and do what's called rejection research. Because another thing they don't mind telling you because they didn't use you.
Speaker 2: They're not afraid of.
Speaker 5: You being angry, and they're not afraid of you not finishing the job. You can say, listen, could you help me out. People love doing this too. If you say to a customer, Mary Jane, I noticed that you didn't use us, Could you tell me why? I'm really trying to improve my company? What was it that turned you off? Or what was it that you found better somewhere else? And they'll be completely straight and open with you. So many times it's price go ahead.
Speaker 7: Something interesting. When I went to good Year Store manager school, I mean, I'm you know, I'm like twenty two at this time or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 7: They taught exactly that, and then as I bought good years and owned them over the years, I would force my salespeople to do it. So someone comes in looking for tires, You go out, you talk, you measure their tires.
Speaker 2: Everybody's bought tires, you know how it goes.
Speaker 7: And then you give them a price and then they're like, okay, well i'll get back to you. The hardest thing to do, but the most important thing to do right then and there.
Speaker 2: Is walk out as they left the store, catch.
Speaker 7: Them up by the car, and ask them why did I lose this sale?
Speaker 2: I'm just curious.
Speaker 5: And that's great, that's absolutely and I learned that. Yeah, people loved telling you what.
Speaker 2: You did wrong or what you did today.
Speaker 7: I was on a call, well hold on, hold on, let me a lot of times, it'll be priced. They had looked at the price, they were happy with me, the salesperson. They look at the price and they go, well, I want to shop around, which then gives me or my salespeople an opportunity to say, well, if you do find a lower price for the same tire, well then I'll be happy to beat it by x amount. If it's valid, I really want your business, or I'll throw into free oil change or added value of a free alignment. It gives me a second chance or my salespeople a second chance to bring that customer back in. You guys must go through.
Speaker 5: So if anyone wants rejection, if anyone wants rejection, research, we'll do it.
Speaker 2: But now I'll fix it.
Speaker 5: By the way, speaking of fix it, the HVAC, business, plumbing and electric, all of that, they are so price conscious people. People are shocked at prices. Okay, that's the first thing, and then they try to figure out what it should be. And people who are in business correctly with the right equipment, insurance laws, compliance with local laws, building departments to run vans, and there's a cost of doing business. One thing we have found there was a guy advertising furnaces one time at a ridiculous price. This was many years ago, but it was twelve hundred dollars and all the others were four and six thousand. So the guy that went out for twelve hundred dollars did furnaces. He crashed and burned. He could not keep up with the demand because it was so cheap. But once he did it, if there were any problems. He had no margin there to come back and fix things. He crashed and burned, and people ended up with a lot of stuff that wasn't working properly. Anyway, today, speaking of fix it, Hannah helped me out here. You have ten slots open, ye for this is one, and I hope I can be the eleventh. I don't want to take away from my consumers, but I hope I can be the eleventh. Now, what they're doing, this is something everyone should think about.
Speaker 2: Tell them what it is? Ten percent off?
Speaker 6: What so this is ten percent off like you said, ten spots only for an installation for a home stand by generator. What you're also going to get for this is a free consultation designed so our technician is going to come out Tom. It's fascinating. When we started doing the service, we thought this would be just for rural homeowners. It has become one of.
Speaker 2: Our Now are weirdos that are waiting for anarchy?
Speaker 5: You're right many backup generators but you don't know, but backup generators used to be for people who were paranoid.
Speaker 2: I mean really well that that.
Speaker 6: Was what we thought, right when we look at the numbers, the majority of our clients are folks that are in the metroplex in cities. They are nervous about those rolling blackouts. They don't want to deal with it, and they don't want to be dependent on the grid. It's fascinating who the demo is and what it's doing for their peace of mind. But then also, I mean I could talk about this forever property values. One of the best things you can do for your home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and by the way, they have a great electrical department, a backup generator.
Speaker 2: Can they can handle that?
Speaker 5: And so right now, ten slots for ten percent off and it's complete from beginning to end. And that's fixmihome dot com book now, Fix Myhome dot Com book Now. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Call with any problem, question or complain and I'd like your opinion or I'd like your pearls of wisdom. What works for you when you're shopping, what works for you when you're doing business. Have you found anything that works every time and you want to share it? Please give us a call three oh three seven to one three talk go with a sure thing. Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Rand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Marks you know here three all three seven one three talk seven one.
Speaker 2: Three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Frank Rand the real estate Man will do an evaluation of your home on what it will sell for without hooking up or listening or anything.
Speaker 2: You have no obligation. You call him.
Speaker 5: He does a worksheet comparables, neighborhoods, and of course the same kindness of houses, supply and demand. All of the factors are written down and analyzed and it's really accurate. Get it free of charge. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Frank Durandereestateman dot com. So we're having interesting topic here and I got a text here saying that they have found that if you put money up front, Sometimes you're put to the back of the line because they already have money on you. And then people who won't pay upfront but will only pay when the job is done or the job is started, they start, they tend to go to those people first. Now I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know that most every single problem that we have had that's complicated starts. First of all, I'm going to tell you the anatomy of the problem, the very first problem. If you took a universe of problems and picked out ones, the most common characteristic of a consumer ripoff is first, the consumer is solicited. Now I'm not saying in all cases when you're solicited it's bad.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's the first sign usually.
Speaker 5: So if, in other words, if you took a thousand cases of ripoffs, you would find that the vast majority of them were when businesses contacted the consumer, not when the consumer went.
Speaker 2: Shopping and contacted the business.
Speaker 5: That's because your chance of finding a ripoff is pretty small when you go shopping, because most businesses are not ripoffs. But if a company contacts you, that means either they don't have enough leads, they're doing something wrong, they're not growing, so they contact you when you get a phone call or an email or a text from a company that's being solicited. And most problems that are ripoffs start out with consumers being solicited. That's number one. Number two would be the money upfront. Almost every single major.
Speaker 2: Problem we have is where the consumer paid money upfront.
Speaker 5: And that's again because businesses don't know cash flow. They take money, and many times that money is used for the current job they're on and not it's not put away for yours. There is a law in Colorado called the Contractor's Trust Act, and it simply says, if you take money for Marc and Suzanne's deck, you better put it away and use it for their deck. You can co mingle funds, but you should have an accounting of each and every deposit and what it's being held for. And that is an enforceable law that can actually become a crime if a contractor continues to do it. Most people don't pursue it, and frankly, most most.
Speaker 7: The issues go ahead don't pursue it. Most yes, right, police don't pursue it. Hey, Tom, Yeah, they don't take They don't know what to do. With problems like that.
Speaker 5: But if contractors take your money and they don't put it in trust, it is more than just a civil problem. Go ahead and dot.
Speaker 12: Theh somewhere between one and two.
Speaker 13: I think one of the biggest problems is people not having or not reading the contract.
Speaker 2: Oh after, I'm absolutely you know.
Speaker 13: Even if it's a reputable company, you want to know what the terms and the conditions are so that you're aware of what you kind of cannot do.
Speaker 7: I want to say something to that, and I agree with Doc one hundred percent, especially if you don't know the people. But I just had Genesis repaint the entire inside of our house. You know, we're talking like a twelve thousand dollars deal. I never looked at a contract. I never signed a contract. I know Mark, I know the owner, I know Genesis. They finished it looked good. Yeah, but that's not it.
Speaker 2: But say way with Excel.
Speaker 7: Roofing when they came out and did my roof the same way if I had fixed it out to do my furnace. I mean, I know, I mean they have those tablets and stuff, but I wouldn't reach through it.
Speaker 2: I just sign it. The people I trust.
Speaker 7: I trust, But if I'm dealing with somebody I've never dealt before, or someone someone maybe I've dealt with before, but you're kind of a small time I would definitely read through the contract, absolutely, absolutely, And I wanted to say something else when we were talking to Hannah. You know, one of the things with HVAC and Tom, we talk about this all the time is the pricing, and I truly believe it is an educational part to the consumer around it. I was thinking about something I used to go. I mean even a couple of years, I'd go Man Home Service, hold on to the mark, hold on.
Speaker 2: To that thought. Well, we'll come right back to you. Hang on, we'll be right back it.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with remax as three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom Martino. Mark was telling a story. Go ahead, Mark, Well, here's the deal. I was singing about home services. A lot of people call up and they constantly say, I can't believe it. Last time I bought a furnace, it was three thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Now there's six seven, eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Well, I started thinking about if you go back, it's one of those items you buy, whether an ac or furnace, typically they're gonna last fifteen years, maybe even twenty. So the last time people bought them was like two thousand and five or two thy ten. You know, in two thousand and five, I could buy in brand new Hondai Elantra for like eleven thousand dollars. Now they're twenty three thousand. Eggs were like eighty nine cents. Bacon was ninety nine cents a pound. I mean, think about it. We kind of complain about prices, and the reason people complain about big items, including cars, anything that's over a few grand is because it's massive. But when something used to cost a dollar and now with seven dollars, it doesn't seem to bother us as much.
Speaker 2: I mean does that make sense to you? I get it.
Speaker 5: It's the it makes absolute, absolute, complete sense to me.
Speaker 2: Pricing.
Speaker 5: But listen, it's it's always been the most tricky thing in the world is pricing. And Hannah will tell you fix it twenty four to seven knows that. That's why when they do that thirty nine dollars Extreme Clean, they're losing money on every one of them that they just want to get into a home to show people what they can do. It's all about getting customers for the future. And they don't make money on that forty nine dollars some pump service or the thirty nine dollars Extreme Clean. And by the way, if you're interested in any of them, fix Myhome dot COM's the website hit.
Speaker 2: Book now for those services.
Speaker 5: Again, take advantage of these kinds of things when companies want to show you what they can do.
Speaker 2: It's a real deal. Anyway.
Speaker 5: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three zero three seven, one, three.
Speaker 2: Eight, two five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Three time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Rits need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come runs as can. Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is.
Speaker 2: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez. All right, I'm.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino, and I welcome you to the only show of his kind anywhere in the universe. And I've been talking a lot about well not a lot, but I've been talking about my surgery.
Speaker 2: I had surgery.
Speaker 5: It's called the Whipple procedure, and it's because I was basically diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and we had and we kept it quiet in the beginning, of course, and then I took several rounds of chemotherapy and then had surgery and I was declared cancer free, one of the rare cases where they can get it all. It was totally operable and isolated. But through that all I would talked about my sisters coming out. One is a nurse, one as a registered respiratory therapist, and I said, they're going to come out and take care of me. So Mark was talking to him off the air and for my YouTube morons, I'm going to put a photo up here. Not a photo, I mean, I'm going to put up a picture. And there they are my elderly sisters. That's what you the way the baby, aren't you?
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 5: They're both still I'm next to the baby, but they're both still practicing. So you see those are my sisters. If you are in full screen at wide shot, there you go. Yeah it is, it's coming up full screen. How come they look so much better than you? Are you adapted?
Speaker 2: Well they do? Yeah, I know. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: Anyway, they've been taking care of me, and part of that is getting used to getting used to a new stomach, because twenty five percent of my stomach's gone. But hey, it's happening. It's just that I'm so used to scarfing food. That's my biggest problem. I eat eat before, I before I I don't know if you guys do that, but if you eat slowly, you get a more accurate representation of whether you're full or not when I slam food. I'm so used to slamming food. I don't know why I've always done it. I think part of that's being in radio. You know, you get a break for you know, when we have pizza day, for example, Mark on a card day. You know we have two minutes. You got to you gotta take a piece of pizza.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: So anyway, there they are, Hey, wilcome with Tom Paine in the ass as a kid, I I really want to know.
Speaker 2: Put one of them on a mic.
Speaker 4: No, No, not at all.
Speaker 15: I don't.
Speaker 7: Okay, my lad detector's blinking.
Speaker 2: I am going to discuss.
Speaker 5: I'm going to give away one secret that is an honest to God's secret of how I was as a kid. I was a weirdo about privacy, even as a three and four year old. Okay, Now they're going to tell you what I demanded when I went potty.
Speaker 2: And now we did not.
Speaker 5: Rehearse this, so tell no seriously, this was that we're talking four years old, okay, or whenever you go potty two or three, tell.
Speaker 2: Right in there, get get right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we had to make a tent over his potty chair. Oh lord, so he would have his privacy and he wouldn't come out until he was finished.
Speaker 2: You know, he still does add into studio mark make a tent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 16: So if you ever visit and he has a tent over him.
Speaker 6: Run, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So seriously, I had a potty and they would make a tent with a blanket, now, or I wouldn't go.
Speaker 7: Now, I got Dmitri next to me, and I've got Doc across from me, and this is very in line with that.
Speaker 2: There's one bathroom in his house that no one can.
Speaker 7: Use except for Tom, so that basically is the same thing as a grown up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just called.
Speaker 5: The yeah, the executive bath anyway, So give us a call three h three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five questions, problem complaints and one of the things that I wanted to talk about. And let me let me bring up the window because people are paying. Let me let me grab it here for for streaming. Right, Okay, there are so many different what do you call hubs?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You have hubs that are built into the Samsung.
Speaker 5: You have hubs that are built in, well not built in, but they're hub sticks. So you take any TV, you put a stick in, a USB stick, and that USB becomes your hub. And one of the big problems people are having that they they're outdated so soon and they're not easy to update. But if you have a hubstick, I'd like to know from people what hub do they use and is there one that beats the hell out of all of them? I would like a super stick that you can put in and not have to worry and when you change TVs, you simply plug it in.
Speaker 2: And it works. Fire sticks, smart hubs. Is that what you like?
Speaker 7: Oh, we have them everywhere stick Yeah. Yeah, you can go to a hotel and plug it in. I mean, there's nothing to it. It's a USB stick. We take it, you take it with you. Yeah, we generally. I generally always have one. It just anywhere I'm at, Yes.
Speaker 2: Where I'm at, yes, Okay.
Speaker 5: So these hubs give you access to all of the apps. I don't watch regular TV. I don't even have regular cable streaming.
Speaker 2: What I use is.
Speaker 5: YouTube TV for what they call live TV, and then I use all the apps, the different apps and my smart hubs. The one problem that I don't like, I'd like to have the same hub on every device, because.
Speaker 2: Really, fires go to your home, your other home.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just one stick if that and that's what you're saying, you do you have a stick every that will duplicate exactly.
Speaker 7: Every monitor we have has a fire stick in it. Other people use just Ruku. I mean it doesn't matter. I mean, but I know what you're saying. Every I don't use the Samsung hub built into the TV. We use a firestick in every TV. We have every TV in the Thomas during Prime day they're like fifteen bucks man.
Speaker 5: Okay, this is this brings up why I brought this up. That smart hub is on my TV. And I have Alexa is that what it's called?
Speaker 2: Amazon?
Speaker 5: It's a fire stick whatever? And I have Google Home. I have all kinds of stuff around my house. And Dimitri he comes to the house when I'm up and running normally.
Speaker 2: He's here a lot.
Speaker 5: And Deputy D swears to God that every one of these devices spy on you.
Speaker 17: Oh hold on, Mark, you weren't there. A few months ago when I helped Tom set up his new ginormous TV that serves as the backdrop to his set. It's a giant LG And when he first powered up, it would not let him bypass a couple of parts in the setup.
Speaker 12: It wanted to know his birth date. Yeah. Why do you think a TV needs to know your birth.
Speaker 7: Date just to gather information to report back to Big Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's a lot. I don't have a problem with you. Do you think, though? Do you can put in? Truly?
Speaker 5: Dimitri is convinced that for a normal person who doesn't watch what they're doing and just goes through normal life, he's convinced there are dozens of things spying on us.
Speaker 2: My father right.
Speaker 7: Now is spying on me. I mean, there's no doubt about that. We agree to that in every act about your car. Oh, my Mark is your tesla, dude, Mike tesla. My tesla knows everything about us. It knows my driving habits, it knows where we go when we charge, when we're at home, where our work is, our favorite movie theater, our favorite restaurants.
Speaker 2: But it's crazy, it knows every there's a way to stop it.
Speaker 5: Dmitria is pretty cautious, but I don't think there's any way to stop He still listens to CDs.
Speaker 2: He's got an eight track player next to him.
Speaker 6: But the next level thing about Airi'm smart on your TV.
Speaker 7: Okay, I gotta tell she gets brought up. Ai, I gotta say something real quick. I have this program now at home called Runway Tom. It is absolutely incredible. So I'm creating this ten to fifteen second video that is going to go out through Instagram and YouTube basically all over the country to different demographics. I choose saying we give free help called the Troubleshooter Show, etc. So I said, I want a video of a bad plumber working on a toilet and all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: There's a huge leak and it floods.
Speaker 7: Then I wanted to cut over to a guy working on a furnace and he accidentally puts a hole in the wall and the whole house catches on fire. Then I want you to flash to me saying this it created that. I can't even explain to you the best fifteen second commercial that looks so realistic. It's unbelievable. Base step on my tight description. It is crazy, Mark, it is the most I don't play why we have jobs right now?
Speaker 2: To be quite honest, I mean, Mark, let's just play that. I would love to see that. Here's how I know Mark got Ai.
Speaker 5: Here's how I know, Susan Oh shut it, got Ai got it When when his emails actually started making.
Speaker 7: Shout it, I knew we were going to say, this is are you saying that email?
Speaker 2: I said the other day I read through it.
Speaker 5: And there was more than a one syllable word.
Speaker 2: There were capitalizations.
Speaker 5: Go get your really his letters his letters improve one thousand percent and take you real quick. Andrew, you have a comment on paying contractors up front.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Andrew, Yeah, I was just going to say, in my mind, I think it's it's a good practice to UH to pay half up front on a project, just because I think it's a give and take between sides.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're showing that you you have money to put towards this, and and I think the contractor saying that, you know, we'll do the work. We'll start the work if we've got the half, and then we'll finish it and then at the end you get paid the full amount.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't but when when would you pay the first half?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: When would you put when would you put off the first half right in the beginning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just did it for we had a new garage door from the one Clear Choice and so we paid half upfront to have the door made, and then at the end when it was installed, then we paid.
Speaker 2: Well, I agree one hundred percent with that, Andrew.
Speaker 7: If it's a custom job like that, I even explained I paid. I think it was twenty or twenty five percent down from Gravina on our new sliding door. But that's that's custom stuff. Would you pay if you hired someone to come over and do landscaping at your house and they were gonna, you know, trim up the bushes and plan it tree or whatever they were going to do, mow your lawn, would you pay them half upfront or wait till it's done.
Speaker 1: I think I would pay half a print.
Speaker 2: Yet I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean, if they're reputable hey by by one.
Speaker 5: Clear Choice garage doors by the way, obviously we advertise for them.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 5: They're great people, twenty four to seven service and they can do all of that.
Speaker 2: I would trust them too.
Speaker 5: See, the problem isn't that everyone's out to get your money. The problem is just unforeseen circumstances can befall everyone, and I just think it's safe for not to do that. But if one Clear Choice Stores came to my home, I would have no qualms about putting half down. In fact, I would say that with my referral list, I would have no qualms with any of those businesses because we go to such great lengths to clear them. However, mark we have had. I believe there were two in our history.
Speaker 7: That went out of business after taking money not on purpose solar market in magic floors or something like that, what called garage magic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so two in our complete history had situations where money had been taken and they didn't start the jobs. But it wasn't engineered. It was truly, you know, just unforeseen circumstances. But here's by the way, speaking of one Clear let me throw this in real quick, just for Andrews since we have them up Andrew. If you're dealing with a bigger company too, Like if I'm ordering something from Costco, I'm gonna pay up front and they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna ship it to me.
Speaker 7: I know Costco's been around forever, but just like you said on the landscape or if they're reputable, yeah, if they've been around twenty years, maybe so.
Speaker 2: But you're doing business with some guy, some HVAC guy.
Speaker 7: You never know he's a one or two man show and he wants three thousand dollars air half down to put a furnace in. I think you're insane. You could give him the three thousand. That guy could leave, get hit by a truck and you have no idea.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happen?
Speaker 5: Right, yes, exactly right, by the way, One Clear Choice. I want to say this because One Clear Choice stor is honest to god, I have never seen a company so so wonderful. I mean, they have flat pricing upfront everything you want done. There have been times I've called them in the in the late evening because my garage door wouldn't close and they're out there twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: So why we were talking about them?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to let people know about him One Clear Choice Stores. And also every single thing they do is listed on their website along with.
Speaker 2: The price, which is crazy. That's what I love.
Speaker 5: Hey talk, Yeah, seven two zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. I just want to give that number this seven two zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Doc, what did you want to say?
Speaker 13: Does it ever pay to set up an escro account? Let's say you have a big project, stick to sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, so you have your town somebody? Okay, but how do you do that?
Speaker 5: Would anyone know how to set up an escro account? That's a good topic. We'll bring it up. By the way, just hang on a Larry wants to talk about software and cars and all of that.
Speaker 2: So stick around. I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven to one three eight two five five. Renew Home Innovations will do the most beautiful showers walk in showers. They convert the old tub shower combo. Those shoves or oh they're terrible anyway, they make beautiful big rectangle walk in showers with porcelain sheet porcelain.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: They do it in just two or three days, and all kinds of repayment options with no interest even renew home Innovations dot Com three or three nine zero four two thousand, nine zero four two thousand.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Jr. From the road, Oh, excuse me, Larry.
Speaker 5: First, Larry wants to talk about new software law for cars, and I'm not sure what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Larry clu Us in here, what are you talking?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 9: Well, first of all, I want to say you sound great. Tom. We're so glad that you're doing well.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 9: It's an actual law that many people haven't talked about, and I believe it was passed as part of the New Green Deal under the Biden administration. I'm not sure about that, but it is an actual law. All cars from twenty twenty six and on, we'll have a program in them from the manufacturer that will allow the federal or state government to shut your car off remotely. Now it sounds why ridiculous, Yeah, it sounds ridiculous. I looked it up. It's an actual law. There was one Republican senator about eight months.
Speaker 2: Do you know do you know the name? Do you know the name of the law, Larry, do you know the name of the law.
Speaker 9: I don't know the name of the law. But if you just google, you know, twenty twenty six cars and beyond program to shut off, it'll come up.
Speaker 7: Well, it was part of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, But I don't know if any manufacturers have actually done it. I don't know of one car that the government has access to remotely shut off. Most manufacturers do, but I don't think the government has access to that yet. But that was definitely part of that Jobs Act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait a minute, Mark.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Mark, you said, but Mark, you say that right now?
Speaker 2: Manufacturers have that?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, any car out there that has like on Star or any kind of connectivity, which is almost every car that I know of that is made at least in the last five or six years. I can't think of any car that doesn't have something like that. I mean in the United States and Mexico and other places they do. But yeah, so if your car's stolen, they can remotely shut it off. Most cars they can tell if it's stolen where it's located.
Speaker 5: Lamar, I mean, but I want to tell you, Larry, Larry, there is no According to my boyfriend Cat Gpt, they said there is no actual law. As part of the Investment in Jobs Act, as Mark said, they said that must be equipped with advanced drunk and impaired driving prevention technology.
Speaker 2: To reduce accidents.
Speaker 5: And it's intended to monitor the driver's performance and it will shut itself down.
Speaker 2: It's not remotely done.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I don't even think that's in effect yet, right, well, like if.
Speaker 2: It I noted erratic driving?
Speaker 9: Yeah, come, I will look up the article that I read based on the Republican senator and I'll just email that to you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want I want to see it because according to Jack Gpt, the technology what you're talking about exists, but it's for detection of erratic or dangerous driving.
Speaker 7: And I have never I have never seen that in effect on a Tesla or a Hondai or any vehicle I've owned ever.
Speaker 2: I've just never seen it. Like if I like, in other.
Speaker 7: Words, if I get in and just start swerving on purpose, the car doesn't care.
Speaker 2: It just simply doesn't care.
Speaker 7: So I mean, I don't know of any car that cares.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 5: They say it's not an effect yet. It'll be twenty twenty six.
Speaker 7: And I don't mind it, but I'll tell you what I like better. And you know, this just the full self driving. I think everything should go to that. We're not gonna have accidents, We're not gonna have deaths. John Fuller's can I have to find a new job? Dan Kapla is going to have to find a new job because, honest to god, car accidents would be gone.
Speaker 5: It is amazing to me that technology. When you took me for the ride and stop set intersections.
Speaker 7: You kept asking questions like, wait, wait, there's a car coming.
Speaker 2: Do I got to hit the brake?
Speaker 7: I had to tell him in a ten to fifteen minute drive one hundred times, you don't touch anything. Let the car do it. It's I mean, terrifying. Though it was amazing, it's amazing to me.
Speaker 2: It's just absolute.
Speaker 5: And then I wonder how does it judge, Like one time it stopped for an oncoming car when we were going to turn right.
Speaker 2: The next time it did not stop.
Speaker 5: And I want to know how do they calculate how fast that other car is.
Speaker 7: Going it's got and if we can make it or not, it's got Tesla Vision on the new one. So that car you were in his computer four is what Tesla calls it. There's so many sensors and high definition cameras. It simply can shoot radar route, see how far that car is, and then it's got to camera to determine, you know, where it's turning, when it's turning, where the stop sign is. It just literally does it all on the fly. It's remarkable.
Speaker 5: Do you think there will ever be technology in a car that and don't be I'm not being silly. I mean that will have some kind of a some kind of a force field for example, for maybe a rock chip or or hail damage or something. I'm wondering if ever there could be any kind of a protective field.
Speaker 7: I think there will. It may sound crazy, No, I think there will be, but it's not. I don't see that in our lifetime. But of course, I mean, you know, if we went back to nineteen forty and said we'd have a little phone like we do now that can connect anywhere in the world, or we could fly up to the moon and just camp out for a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, ye, yeah, of course, we'll have a force field.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 5: By the way, fix my home dot com book now. I want to tell people about that because somebody just texted me and they said that there are a number of specials going on right now. And Hannah, what they want to know is when I haven't gone there to fix my home dot com yet. I mean, I'll go, but do you pick the special? Are they all listed there because he wants the other one? Are you still doing the Extreme Clean?
Speaker 6: We're still doing the Extreme Clean. I'll tell you. Folks are calling in like crazy for that. They're prepping for the summer. Call in, say that what you're looking for. If he's a first time customer, he'll get that thirty nine dollars Extreme Clean and they will work with him on getting that on the calendar before the heat hits.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm here now, and what they ask for is your number and your name. I want to see what choices it gives you. I want to do this live and just see. So Tom at Troubleshooter my my email. So when I hit continue, I put my name my number. It says the address. So I put down my address and I am the owner and then okay, so you can book almost anything here, not just not just the Extreme clean, but basically anything.
Speaker 2: You give a problem description.
Speaker 5: And then they and then they they direct you to the special that's in effect. But here are the specials to sum them up. A thirty nine dollars deep extreme clean. I call it for an AC tune up before the heating season comes, and that's like a complete refurbishment of your system to the extent they can take it apart. The other one is the forty nine dollars some pump special, where they'll clean and service the some pump. And most people don't even know they have a some pump, let alone service it, and the only time they find out is when it fails and all of a sudden their basement. Their basement has an inch of water. So if you're not sure you have it, you should call and they can detect whether you have a sum pump or not. Obvious there wouldn't be a charge if you don't have one. And then then the other special is the generator.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 5: So the electrical department division, they're busy doing auto start generator backup systems and you're giving ten percent off, only ten slots available for that. So if you're looking for a generator, you have a company.
Speaker 2: You know and trust that can come and do that.
Speaker 5: Now, the generator that somebody asked about the price of a generator, it depends on the size of house. I would imagine that's exactly if you have so tom the way this is how much they have.
Speaker 6: The way this one will work is they call in. We're going to send out our technicians, and we have technicians that specialize in this and only this. They're going to do that walk through, they're going to give their recommendations. They're going to talk about the design, the layout, and then you'll look at that. Then you're going to get that price right, nothing hidden obvious, it's guaranteed, it's not going to change. And you get if they are part of this ten you get that ten percent off. But the first step is getting that technician out there to look at that, right.
Speaker 5: And there's no charge to get there's no charge to get the evaluation. That's the main thing. No charge for that evaluation. Correct, Yeah, for the first ten. So so you can just go to fix myhome dot com book now or seven to zero five two, six thirty nine, thirty nine, seventeen zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine Jr.
Speaker 2: What is your comment on express lanes?
Speaker 15: Hey, so you are asking for some words of wisdom. I'm gonna save you guys some money. The express lane on I seventy pay attention to lineage and signage. You they got a call last week by the guy that got a seventy five dollars fine for exiting the express lane out of out of the exit lane. Right, so, right, you've ever used the express lane. There are two sets of lines. There's a solid line or double solid lines. There's a solid line with a broken line.
Speaker 2: Oh, we know all too well.
Speaker 1: My friend.
Speaker 7: I got a picture of Tom crossing that double line that he he actually said he didn't do, but then I saw the photograph.
Speaker 5: Also, Mark, you have the because we have all our corporate all our corporate mail going to one spot, and my vehicle is registered in my corporate name.
Speaker 2: But so, Mark, was it a citation? How long ago was it? No, yours was when it was the freebie. This is a warning.
Speaker 7: But JR. Here's something interesting, man. Well, you listen to the show all the time. We had that attorney on that fought that if you paid the toll. In other words, if they dinger license plate or hit your transponder and you.
Speaker 2: Paid the toll.
Speaker 7: He took it all the way up to the top in Douglas County in front of a judge, and he ended up winning because that fine they give you for seventy five bucks is toll of aasion, and technically, if you paid the toll, it's not toll evasion. They've got to create a new CRC that talks about crossing the double line, which they have not done yet because they just.
Speaker 2: Want to rip us off, honestly. Okay, so yeah, but this guy took it all the way.
Speaker 15: Yeah, when you're heading eastbound on I seventy, you come up on Peoria, there's a sign overhead, a big eight foot by ten foot sign that says exit for Chambers and Penya Boulevard. That's where the double that's where the broken line and the solid line starts. And he could have got out there to be able to exit at Chambers or Pennon Boulevard. If you go past, it's at at Havana. If you go past Peoria, there's another sign that says no exit available for Penya. He said, there's no exit, but there was a mile of broken line with a solid line.
Speaker 2: All right, gotcha, JR JR. Real quick. I got to take a break, but JR. Hang on. I want you to hang on for a sake.
Speaker 5: By the way, Genesis Tootalexteriors dot Com also does interior work bathrooms, and they do kitchens, and they do basements. Great company, Genesis Total Exteriors three oh three six seven nine eight five zero nine. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, don't forget K ANDH Home Solutions Now painting with KNH Painting Pros.
Speaker 2: People are always looking for dependable painters.
Speaker 5: That's Kwindows dot Com.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jr.
Speaker 5: He texts me a lot and he calls a lot and it's always from the road. So I've never asked you this before, JR. What does from the road? Do you work out on the road all the time or what is that about.
Speaker 15: I've been working for a company on the road local for thirty five years. I've been listening to you on the road for thirty five years.
Speaker 2: Wow, Now what do you do on the road? I mean, what is the job description?
Speaker 15: I work for a trash company. I'm a commercial driver, so I haul the big commenters that are behind behind the stores and medical ways and best bustiness and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, your your your business is picking up I hear?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Anyway, we have Deputy d is in the trash business. Yes, so you guys can get together and talk trash.
Speaker 2: D is in the recycling business, right, d I.
Speaker 1: Haul a lot of recycling.
Speaker 17: Oh it could be the JR halls. Some of the loads on my company's behalf.
Speaker 2: Hey, JR. Be honest, don't be asked.
Speaker 7: Do most of those recycling halls you do go directly to the dump.
Speaker 15: So, in all honesty, if if the load shows up at the recycle center with trash in it, when it's specifically supposed to be a recycle load, it will be sent to trash.
Speaker 7: So how many out of that, how many out of ten end up going down the road?
Speaker 9: The ones that I deal.
Speaker 15: With are clean, they're clean, But I would say I would say for the most part, I would say probably two out of ten.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's a lot better than I thought, because it costs the customer the hall to the recycle center, and.
Speaker 15: The hall to the landfill, and the landfill charges for the disposal where the recycles down a minimal.
Speaker 5: You know, I asked this a deputy D. Hey, Deputy D. It almost feels like you have to have an instruction manual for what goes into recycle, Like, for example, if something is food stained or food residue, can you put it in recycling or do you have to rinse it off or rinse it out?
Speaker 17: No, you don't need to rinse it out. But let's say you're just you're you're throwing away like a mayonnaise jar. You don't need to rinse it out even though there's mayonnaise stuck in it. Okay, as long as it's like the stuck mayonnaise.
Speaker 2: As long as there's residual you're saying you don't.
Speaker 5: You don't throw out a whole bottle residual is okay, But if there's like a quarter of the jar left in there, then just throw the whole thing in, Okay. So what about this is another thing constantly I'm having a discussion about with my wife. Sheet plastic like saran wrap or plastic that comes on your Amazon package or what about plastic?
Speaker 12: Yeah, the sheet plastics.
Speaker 17: So in our industry it's called film, and film is going to be total garbage unless it comes out. So residential films are garbage. Commercial films like let's say you own a distribution center and these palettes of goods are wrapped in streatch trap. That's this, and that's actually very valuable. We sell that material to trecks, and treks makes plastic, lumber, plastic decking out of it. But residential sheet plastics throw that.
Speaker 12: In the garden.
Speaker 7: Is that because that's like the last part of what's already been recycled.
Speaker 2: I mean, why is one okay and the other's not? Oh?
Speaker 17: Because stread trap is made of one predictable type of plastic, so treks knows what they're getting how to process it. But the stuff you get at home. It could be dozens, if not hundreds of different plastics into film.
Speaker 15: What about styrofoam, so separate all that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so styrofoam is recyclable, but unfortunately here in Colorado will only have one company that recycles it. It's called Sinoco Packaging in Colorado Springs. They're a manufacturer of styrofoam. So they have a public drum up off over there. You can drive your styrofoam to them and they'll accept it. But there are no commercial recyclers that I'm aware of who accept styrofoam that hasn't been densified.
Speaker 2: And it's time we got to take a break. Thank you Jr.
Speaker 5: For answering, and thanks Dmitri for the information. I'm always so confused when it comes to recycling, I really am, But at least it's better than nothing.
Speaker 2: I think Compass insurance right now, free insurance.
Speaker 5: Checkups to see if you're not paying too much, to make sure you're not under insured or possibly even over insured. They can take a look and give you free information at three oh three nine nine six nine thou go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing Dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hi Tom Martine here.
Speaker 5: Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five to five. So here's the real deal. When it comes to uh, I want to sum this up. To pay money upfront, I would say, if at all possible, do not pay money upfront.
Speaker 2: Just don't. If you must pay money upfront.
Speaker 5: Somebody asks about ESCRO accounts, and I want to I want to talk about that. Most banks won't know what you're talking about. If you say, I want an ESRO account for this building project. Some banks do have what's called a construction department. That's where where they do construction loans. If you go to one of those things you asked her you do construction loans, you can then deposit the money and have them dole it out as a service. Another thing you can do is go to a title company. Title companies will gladly set up an ESCRO payment arrangement with you for a small fee, so if you ever want to pay as you go, you can do it that way. Of course, the best thing to do is to go to trusted sources like referral lists dot com. That's referral list dot com. We have no qualms with those people. Save all your problems from the house. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to listen your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Ripped off News. You need advice? Who you don't help?
Speaker 18: You come running just as fast.
Speaker 4: As we can show Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 19: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 2: Welcome my friends to the only show of It's kad.
Speaker 7: And we're here to south problems, answer questions, take complaints. Maybe you've been ripped off, Maybe a contractor's giving you the business and you need a little help. Maybe you just need advice. Maybe you're looking at buying your first house. Maybe you wonder if you need a real estate person only, or maybe an attorney.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe, maybe that's what this show's about.
Speaker 7: We have a list of experts at referralist dot com that are extraordinary. Whether it's legal advice for say, personal injury like John Fuller, or maybe it is a issue with a will or a trust. Maybe someone cuts you out and you can't figure out if you were in the will or not. Uh, maybe a plumber screwed you over, took money down, never came out and fix a problem you name it. We get directly involved, in fact to the tune of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges and refunds seriously directly due to the show over forty five years. Tell your friends, Tell everybody, out there. It doesn't matter what the problem is. Hell, we get involved in school board issues, we get involved in parent teacher stuff, you name it, we get involved. We have an expert three zero three seven, one three eight two five five, three oh three Martino in studio with me today, Hannah Davis fixmihome dot com Fix at twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Welcome is always Annah.
Speaker 7: Afternoon, Suzanne, my beautiful wife, to my left.
Speaker 2: Howdy howdy, Deputy Doc. Deputy Dmitri.
Speaker 7: We have Dragon on the other side of the glass and Kelly answering your phones. We do have three lines open three oh three seven, one, three eight two five five. I want to tell everybody about a very very important date coming up. Everybody should have received and probably the past week or so, the valuation from the county on your house. You only have a very small window to fight it. I try to do this every single year, so you know, and if you look at that valuation, most.
Speaker 2: Of them are insane. Mine was insane.
Speaker 7: Our home apparently went up three hundred thousand dollars in two years, and I simply know I can't sell it for it. And that's what Douglas County's trying to tax me on. So Frank Duran, the real estate man, I have him on and I'm gonna explain why in a second. But Frank, what are the dates? I know you did some research for me last night. When when can you actually go in and dispute the valuation?
Speaker 20: So my understanding, Mark is it's by June eighth. Although what I'm telling people is, look, if we're gonna help you, let us know pleice sooner than later, and I will do my best to get that report out to you here before the end of May. That way, you have a little bit of time and you're not going under the gun.
Speaker 2: And that's pretty much all of Colorado.
Speaker 7: It's not just Douglas County, correct, Frank, everybody's getting them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 20: And what we cover mark for us is Denver Metro surrounding areas. Now if it's out of our area, we're happy to get your referral for out of the area too, if you need some help.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So here's the deal. I saw ours about. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Susanna came in maybe a week ago and I was like, what, So I hop on Zillo and I know what the home next door they we just got new neighbors probably about a month ago.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I kind of have an.
Speaker 7: Idea of what the value of our house is, and all of a sudden, this thing goes up three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Frank, and I went through this two.
Speaker 7: Years ago, and you helped me two years ago. So I called you up and I said, and Frank, I need another valuation. These guys are trying to hit me with a three hundred thousand dollars higher value. And if everybody out there, I don't care if you're in Denver, Douglas, Adams, you name it a rapo.
Speaker 2: Look at that card. I'm telling you right now, I don't.
Speaker 7: Even believe what these what these counties are doing. They're inflating it so we pay more taxes. And honestly, in Colorado, I think we pay almost the highest property taxes.
Speaker 2: In the country at this point. I mean, it's crazy.
Speaker 7: The levy is insane, the valuation is insane, the whole thing is insane. So I got together last night and called Frank up, and Frank's gonna do something for you if this is crazy, because typically Frank does the opposite. Typically Frank gets you the most amount of money for your house in fact, he does it better than any realature I know. But for the purpose of what we're talking about here, he's got a little secret sauce he's going to put into the mix, and he's going to do a free valuation on your house. If you think your property tax taxes are assessed to high, and I'm telling you it's insane, but you have to go to your county and tell them you're fighting it right now. You got to do that by June eighth, and then what you'll do in Douglas County you can upload evidence at the end. What I did already is I uploaded what Zillo says, what realatrure dot com says, and what Frank sent me, which is comps of stuff around my neighborhood. And Frank, I don't want to get into numbers, but we were at least one hundred or two hundred thousand dollars less on your valuation than they want to assess me. Is that correct?
Speaker 20: That sounds right, Mark, And I'll tell you two friend to put it in perspective, you know, because a lot of people sometimes they'll say, hey, can you do an appraisal? This is definitely not an appraisal. This is just our market analysis we do. And I'll tell you too.
Speaker 7: Mark, But Frank, I promise I'll let you put. The county doesn't do an appraisal either. It's not like we're fighting an appraisal from the county. They just arbitrarily and in my well, I won't even say understanding. In my opinion, they simply go, oh, we're going to charge. We're gonna tell everybody it's worth more so we get more money.
Speaker 2: But go ahead.
Speaker 20: Oh no, I hear your friend. Absolutely they're not doing an appraisal either.
Speaker 1: What I was just gonna.
Speaker 20: Mention Mark is will always shoot straight with you, because I had a gentleman he came to me and he thought that he was being overtaxed. But when I looked at the comps, I said, look this comparable wise, this looks about right. So sometimes it's right on the nose. Sometimes they're high, sometimes they're low, Mark, But one way or the other, we're happy to give you an honest market evaluation. That way you can make a decision if you can challenge this or you have you know, the comps or not.
Speaker 7: Plus you're going to figure out how much your home's worth. I mean Let's face it, if you've lived in that home ten or fifteen years, you might have no understanding of the value of that house.
Speaker 2: Believe it.
Speaker 20: Hey buddy, we just closed two properties. Now let me tell you about this. This this one Zillo said five oh five what the home is worth? Well, guess what we sold her for? Five to seventy body. We really got great a price on that one. We had another one we just closed, I think within a couple days of each other. We sold it so high we sold it over even the appraised value. So we had to challenge the appraisal because they came in short, and thank god, we won the challenge and we got it to a praise. But I'll tell you something, just because you see something online that doesn't necessarily make the actual market value. So we're going to show you a real honest analysis of where you can reach peak value in this.
Speaker 2: Market as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's really important. So on the sales side, if you need someone to sell your house, I mean, Frank's the man. He sells more homes in one month and most realtors in Colorado selling a year, So I mean that's it, and he sells him for more money sells him quicker. He knows how to price him, he's got the secret sauce. And more importantly, he knows how to advertise him. He knows how to get him out there, get people looking at him, find the people, get the bidding war. But for this particular case, I want everybody out there. If you look at that assessment on your property and you really think there's no way, I want you to reach out to Frank.
Speaker 2: He's going to do and it. You can do it. Do you have to go out there? Frank?
Speaker 7: Do you do most of them? I mean, if you have thirty people call you, are you going to go? Do you have to go to the house or you can do it right from your place?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 20: So basically what people are asking us in general and under this circumstances, Hey, can you just send me comparables based on similar homes to mine? And they'll tell me, Okay, I've remodeled the kitchen, sins, I've done this, I've done that. We take that in consideration. We will get that to them in an actual report. Now, some folks say, hey, Frank, I'm actually thinking about selling the home. I'd like you to physically come out would you do that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 20: So whyn't you had a number of different ways. I had one gal where she has a tenant living in there, and she says, Frank, I don't want to deserve the tenant. Can you just do something over the Yeah, sure I can. So we'll do this anyway you want us to do it, and we'll always make it work.
Speaker 7: Two years ago, so they did the assessments on odd years. So in twenty three, Douglas County tried to pull the same thing on me once again. I'm not going to get into numbers, but they said my house was two hundred and fifty thousand dollars higher or assessed higher than I thought it should be.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 7: Frank did this analysis for me. He didn't even come out to the house. I mean, he found my house and he did the entire deal for me on the house, and he sold my.
Speaker 2: House before that, but so he knows the property.
Speaker 7: But he sent me that over and I went through the first part of trying to get it changed. And it's basically a zoom meaning in Douglas County. In fact, mine's coming up on the I think the the twenty seventh, So on the twenty seventh I'll spend about twenty minutes on a zoom call. They'll have what I get from Frank updated, same thing I did two years ago. And two years ago they agreed with Frank. They said, yup, you know what, these comps are right. We did overvalue the property. We're going to reassess it, and sure enough, we ended up paying a lot, well, I won't say a lot, but less taxes than we would have without this free report. So you're not going to get a better deal. And it doesn't matter if it's Douglas County, a rapo ho. You get the idea. I mean, if you're listening in Texas, it's not going to help you. But that's the deal. But Frank, what number should they call at? Just your normal number?
Speaker 20: Sure so, our main line is three zero three nine two zero one six two to two, or you can send me a text at seven to zero four three six eighty one fifty one.
Speaker 7: Give it out. Give them both out again, Frank. And here's the other thing, Frank Durant Holmes dot com. It's that easy. If you're in your car, Frank Durant Holmes dot com, you can get all the contact information there, the email, everything, but you're crazy. You're you're crazy not to do it. It's one hundred percent free. You're going to get to talk to Frank. You're gonna find out what the true value of your house is. There's no contracts designed, there's no tricks here. I mean, basically, Frank has done this for me. This will be the second time, and both times I'm telling you straight up, Douglas County said it was worth more. Did you get yours in yet, Frank, You're evaluation of your new house?
Speaker 21: I did.
Speaker 20: And here's the funny part. Mark mine actually went down. So I certainly was not gonna argue with that. So if that's what they feel, then we'll just leave it at that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, see that's crazy. Mine goes up by three hundred thousand. Two years ago, it went up by two hundred. Maybe it's the area I'm in. It seems to swing more than most areas. In other words, and I'm talking just Zillow Zillo seems to really change on my property a lot. Is that because there's so few properties out there? When just the couple sell, I mean, really, the whole thing changes. What why does it change so much? In small neighborhoods with property and stuff.
Speaker 20: Well, you know, market's funny. They I've read their page before where they have this formula they use and they'll base it, I think on the trends of the market. And of course there's not been home sales have been down a little bit, but there have been more inventory in the market, so I think that plays into it as well. But I think overall, I've been seeing this mark area to area and it's a funny thing where you can go to one area, take one home. If you could physically move it to another, you'd probably have a double the value. It's just crazy like that.
Speaker 7: That is crazy man. And well, Frank, I really appreciate you doing this for the listeners. It's it's just such a good thing to know. And then the other thing I'm going to tell people another reason to do it, even if you think devaluation is right or it didn't or it went down like Frank's did. The other thing is the insurance aspect of it. If you haven't seen the value the rebuild price of that house. And I don't care where you live. You can live in Castle Rock or Highlands Ranch or thirty five acres in the middle of the woods. I don't care where you live. But if you haven't checked evaluation, and that home that you love is insured for six hundred, but yet you can sell it now for a million in the rebuilds eight hundred.
Speaker 2: You're so underinsured. You're insane.
Speaker 7: If that, if it burns down or floods out, or whatever happens to your house, I mean, you'd be so underwater. Like all these people in Boulder. When the Boulder fire hit a couple of years ago, ninety what was it, Frank, ninety six percent of the people were uninsured.
Speaker 2: It was remarkable.
Speaker 20: That was rough. In fact, I held the poor lady who went through that. Now, thank god she was ensured. They rebuilt her home. But that was a tough situation, Mark, you know. But I'll say this, I'm thankful to you and thankful to the listeners because you know Mark, you know you know my story. Guys, when I used to work at Sears and I was the janitor when I was nineteen years old.
Speaker 2: Anny, you listen to this.
Speaker 7: This guy is one of the In fact, he might he might sell more homes than anybody in Colorado.
Speaker 6: I'm listening intently.
Speaker 7: And he started as a janitor. How old were you, Frank had Sears.
Speaker 20: I was eighteen.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on, Dragons, hold on, hold on, I.
Speaker 20: Got a company across the street.
Speaker 2: Okay, Frank, Frank, I got to put you on hold. Hold on.
Speaker 7: I want people to hear this story because Dragon's ready to throw me off a cliff because I'm running so late. Everybody, hold on. I promise you, Frank's story is amazing.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Duran, the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three, Martino, we do have lines, hope, and I'm going to finish up with Frank Duran. You know we have been talking about Frank Duran on this show forever. Frank has become just a wonderful, wonderful friend over the years. In fact, I love getting together with him. Suzanne loves it. He has helped to show out in so many ways. But his story is kind of a amazing I think years ago I asked you about this, but I bet it's been about fifteen years because I had automotive shops forever and when we first met fifteen years ago, Frank, you told me that you worked at Sears in their automotive shop.
Speaker 2: I kind of forgot though. You were like the janitor there.
Speaker 20: You know, Mark I did. I started because that's the only job they had available and I needed a job, man, so I took what they can give me. And my mom and dad laughed because they know I'm not very mechanically inclined, and they thought that was crazy. I'd work at an auto center. But over time I became a service advisor and moved up to a position to be in a management position. But my dream was real estate. So there was a company across the street. And this even sounds kind of corny, but I used to just dream all the time, I'm going to be there someday. That's what I need to do. That's what I have to do, and I'm going to be in this business. And I was always very passionate Mark. So it's just a blessing because thirty years later, now you know all the doors I knocked on, all the calls. It's a blessing when people call me and say, hey, Frank, we need help, Mark, Because believe me, when you start out of business knocking on one hundred doors a day and hearing the word know all day and you get one person out of one hundred and fifteen, that says, maybe you're thankful for that person. So fast forwarding all these years later, we're so thankful for the people, and God bless each and every one of them.
Speaker 7: And your team is so great. You have kept the same team. I'm so glad your son's on board with you now. And these guys did you know this? Every morning they work out together, him and his son, Like five am.
Speaker 2: What time? Honestly, Frank, when do you guys get up and start moving?
Speaker 20: We're going about six six thirty in the morning. But I'll tell you this, I have learned to put patting on because we do sparring.
Speaker 1: Glad.
Speaker 20: I don't want to get hit by this guy. He's the dark marked. So I've kept me going though.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: You know what's killing me our kids.
Speaker 7: My kid's a little older, but miles like, he's taller than me now and it's so weird just thinking back when he was younger and I could pretty much just beat him in everything, and those days are over. It It's like, oh man, it's like I kind of miss him. But I love watching him mature and grow. I love it.
Speaker 20: It's incredible, buddy, and it's a blessing. And I can't imagine not being there for my boy, just watching him grow up. It just it goes by so quick, as you know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 7: I know, man, And listen, everybody out there, once again, get that valuation.
Speaker 2: This isn't a sales pitch.
Speaker 7: It's if you're if the county's trying to oki dok you like they did me. Frank will do a free valuation or if you want it for insurance purposes or whatever. He doesn't necessarily have to come out at all. Just give him the address, talk to him. You'll just love talking to Frank anyhow. I promise you. In fact, if anything, you'll end up with another friend in life. How's that three oh three nine, twenty sixteen twenty two. Three oh three nine twenty sixteen twenty two or Frank Durandholmes dot com.
Speaker 2: Frank, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 20: Man, same here, friend, God bless you have a great date.
Speaker 2: Thanks Frank.
Speaker 7: All Right, folks, three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. I'm gonna take another quick break. We'll get back on track. Fill those phone lines up. You've been ripped off. Taking advantage of any questions. We're gonna talking to Hannah Davis. I'm gonna driller down on these specials. Fix it has going. But if you've been ripped off or need help, three zero three Martino. If you're listening to a podcast, please tell your friends, your family, your neighbors.
Speaker 2: I don't care what state you're in. Three oh three Martino.
Speaker 19: All this is Denver's Talk station with Michael Brown in the morning and Dan Keplis in the afternoon.
Speaker 2: Six thirty KHW.
Speaker 19: Denver Now Impact Traffic.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Rapid Radios. Pretty Easy Driving Drought the Denver Metro.
Speaker 3: To start off your Wednesday commute, I twenty five more in southbound training highway speeds for the most part some brief slowdowns. Both directions through the downtown area out west end of the High Country I seventy east and westbound closed through the Veterans Memorial Tunnel at least for the moment for ongoing road construction.
Speaker 2: Watch out.
Speaker 3: We are having some intermittent holds. Maybe reopening within the next few minutes.
Speaker 12: Back to town.
Speaker 3: He's driving on IX seventy's found at DIA which traffic on Mark Swan.
Speaker 22: Rapid Radios are instant push to talk walkie talkies offering national LTE coverage and no subscription ever. Perfect for instant contact with an aging parent. For a limited time. Go to Rapid Radios dot com and you'll get an extra sixty percent off, free ups shipping and ad code radio for an extra five percent off.
Speaker 7: Brad Oh Brian, I'll tell you what real estate is his game. It doesn't matter if it's residential or commercial. If it comes to buying property, if you just need some contract reviews, he is a real estate attorney that does it all. He can do property line disputes, fence issues, easements, access, adverse possessions, leans, you name it, this guy can do it. If you're a landlord in Colorado, and you have not updated your lease with your tenants after all the rule changes since COVID.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely insane. Send it over to Brad and make sure everything's up to snuff.
Speaker 7: So if you need to kick someone out, you can. And if you do have a tenant not paying and need someone to help with the eviction process, he does them all the time. Maybe you're a tenant that's having problems with the landlord not returning your deposit or your security deposit or charging you a pet deposit when that's no longer legal or at least certain cases aren't. Seven two zero three seven zero seven three eight eight seven two zero three seven zero seven three eight eight that's Brad O'Brien orlslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Now this one is interesting.
Speaker 7: You know, people with hair transplants or people that want to get a hair transplant or thinking about it, shop around and what you're gonna find out is the prices are amazingly high. It could be twenty nine thousand. That's what happened to Nick Turner. He's the founder of recoveryrhir dot com. He went out and started researching, where can I get it done better, quicker and cheaper?
Speaker 2: And you know where you've found.
Speaker 7: He found the BAC Clinic and it's in is Stanbul, Turkey. And by the way, that is emerging as a capital of medical tourism. And what I mean by that is people actually turn it in to a mini vacation. You fly out before the procedure, you have it done, wait a couple of days, you get to see the town, then you fly back.
Speaker 2: He did it.
Speaker 7: He met doctor Nurrey and he kind of made a deal with him, saying, hey, this was such a great bargain and such a great outcome, I can't believe it. I want to start sending people towards you. And that's what they're doing now. And let me get to the price. Now, remember that twenty nine thousand, how about seven thousand dollars and that includes a hotel, the mini vacation, the airfare seven thousand dollars, and the staff is professional doctor Nurry's, the best after care is world class, and once again the added bonus, it's a fun trip to Turkey. Check it all out at recover Yourhair dot com. If you didn't think you could afford that transplant, maybe you can now Recover your Hair dot com.
Speaker 23: It's Jeff Junior from Trajan Wealth, and I've got something important to talk to you about your four oh one k. If you have changed jobs, there are two very important considerations. You don't want to leave your four oh one k behind and you don't want to roll it over into your new company plan without consulting Trajan Wealth. First four oh one k's will often have limited investments or age based options. Since companies have to make choices to suit all employees, they may not be suited to you, which could cost you fees and money. When you roll over your four oh one k into an IRA, you not only keep your money growing tax deferred, but you also gain access to a world of investment options specifically designed for you. Trajan Wealth and our fiduciary advisors have helped thousands and we can do the same for you. Call Trajan today at seven two zero four zero five thirty three hundred. That's seven two zero four zero five thirty three hundred.
Speaker 6: Devicey services off it, tra traitionon Wealth else and sec registerant the.
Speaker 5: Best deal anywhere on countertops from the Artofgranite, dot com any natural Stonerman made material. They do it all, Plus you get a free backslash free sinks, a free cutting board, and a free bathroom. Vanity free tear out and halloway is always included and always materials at cost. Even better now ten percent off labor for a limited time.
Speaker 2: Get prices on the phone.
Speaker 5: Three oh three three eight six fifty nine nineteen three eight six fifty nine nineteen.
Speaker 2: The Art of Granite dot com.
Speaker 21: Ah Spring in Colorado and a feral business owner that hates to paint, do what business owner steam did.
Speaker 12: He called Rhinoshield.
Speaker 24: The filling itself is made of concrete block.
Speaker 2: We've had it painted.
Speaker 24: Once before, and I heard the ads for Rhinoshield and that piqued my interest.
Speaker 21: Rhinoshield ceramic technology is specifically formulated for our unique climate right here in Colorado, and it's Class one fire rated.
Speaker 2: So the Rhinoshield crew that came out was really good.
Speaker 24: Next to our building we have some automotive repair shop.
Speaker 2: There was no.
Speaker 24: Paint, no overspray anywhere that I could see, even on the concrete.
Speaker 21: Business or residential Get the twenty five year guaranteed protection of Rhino Shield right now for fifteen percent off the regular price.
Speaker 24: I don't take a paint as an investment, but when you don't have to worry about painting your building for twenty five years, to me is a no brainer.
Speaker 21: Yours, owner Jim Williams.
Speaker 7: This offer is limited, so call me at eight four four three one seven four four sixty six.
Speaker 23: That's eight four four thirty one Rhino or RHINOSHIELDCEO dot com.
Speaker 18: Hey, is credit card debt ruining your life? Did you know you have a right to settle that debt for much less than you owe. Debt flu has helped people just like you resolve millions of dollars of high interest credit card debt. They can help with payment relief, the burden of rising inflation, and have a large portion of your debt wiped clean. If you have ten thousand dollars or more in credit card debt, a free ten minute phone.
Speaker 12: Call could save you thousands.
Speaker 18: Discover how to reduce or completely resolve your credit card debt. In fact, we're so sure that we can reduce your debt that we offer the Debt Blue Success Guarantee. We don't get paid unless your debt gets reduced or resolved, so there's absolutely no risk to call for your free debt resolution plan. Call eight hundred three seven five eleven fifty eight. That's eight hundred three seven five eleven fifty eight. The call is free, the consultation is free. The more you owe, the more you can save. Call now eight hundred three seven five eleven fifty eight eight hundred three seven five eleven fifty eight.
Speaker 3: Need a new roof Call excel Roofing three ozho three seven sixty one six four zero.
Speaker 19: Zero six thirty K how and iHeartRadio Station Go with a.
Speaker 5: Sure thing Denver's best roofer excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay two much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, folks, three zero three seven one three eight two five five. We were talking about a kind of deep fakes in this program called Runway and David, I'll go to you in one second, I promise, But I've been playing around with Runway. It is the most incredible program. Dmitri was asking about it. You can download it. It's not free by any means. You buy credits, and everything you do costs a certain amount of credits. So let's say a thousand credits is a hundred bucks whatever it is, I don't remember. And then let's say, in order to do a thirty second scene in a movie, you have to upload a character. Now, if you don't have a character, you can actually create a character with other AI platforms. So let's say I want an eight foot squirrel that's very friendly looking that wears a top hat but it looks kind of human, and it has a magic wand and wears yellow nikes. It'll create this squirrel. Then I import the squirrel into Runway, and I tell Runway, okay, I want to create a twenty minute kids cartoon with D my new squirrel, and in the first episode D starts chasing a cat. And by I mean whatever you can come up with, and it creates this cartoon, or it creates if you're using a human as that character, it would create or both. It doesn't matter. You could have a human in a cartoon setting. Whatever you can imagine, it actually creates. So how like Disney and how a producer, how a movie producer or a commercial camera guy, how these people are going to have jobs?
Speaker 2: I just have no idea. But it's crazy.
Speaker 7: I basically said to it, I want, I want.
Speaker 2: I did a couple things.
Speaker 7: I said, I want a roofer, a bad roofer that shouldn't be a roofer, and he's up on the roof and he's putting a shingle in and he hammers right through the house and then he falls in. And then I also want a bad contractor that's working on a furnace and he punches a hole in the wall on accident, then the furnace catches fire. Then I want you to flash to the entire house on fire, and it just creates it. And then you've got to go back and edit it because it's not going to be exactly what you want. So then you go back and it costs more credits, of course, and you say, okay, well, if five seconds in, I want to change this, or I want the fire to look different, or whatever you want to do, and you could literally build an entire movie off of it.
Speaker 2: If you want it, so mark.
Speaker 17: So how much do they charge for a short video, let's say twenty five seconds?
Speaker 7: I realiz I want to say I bought twenty five hundred credits, and I get twenty five hundred credits every quarter, So I get ten thousand credits a year, and you can always buy more. And I think I pay about one hundred bucks every quarter. But in order to do what I'm doing a fifteen second video that I'm going to push out on Instagram all around the country for people that need free help, free legal advice. Basically for the show, I only need fifteen seconds. But to build a movie, I mean, you could spend yet maybe five grand, ten grand, but you could build Think about that, you could actually create a movie. You could use yourself as a You could take a picture of yourself and you're the superhero.
Speaker 6: I'm signing up. As you guys talk right now, I'm gonna report back in real time. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 2: So let me tell you how I found out about it.
Speaker 7: So we had new neighbors move in and he's a pilot for United and he's cool guy.
Speaker 2: Man, I like him.
Speaker 7: I was nervous because they're Coornians, They scared the hell out of me. I didn't know what to expect, but they're great people. They're great people. So we go over and we're having a little into production, just kind of a pretty small group of us where we live.
Speaker 2: There's like six, eight of us whatever, and our daughter happened to be there.
Speaker 7: So I'm talking to him and I'm like, yeah, we love our VN will be gone a lot. You know, we'll let you know when we're gone for six or eight weeks in case see anything. Blah blah blah. And I said, what do you guys like doing scan? He goes, no, I am so into AI it's crazy. And I'm like, well, what does that mean. He goes, well, I'm a pilot. As you know, pilots always tell you they're a pilot quick. I mean it takes like thirty five seconds. So anyhow, he says this. He goes, you hear of plane crashes and maybe people live, maybe people die. They happen all over the world. They've happened ever since there's been planes. He goes the ones where there's no actual video of what happened. He goes, I always like taking all the information from the FEDS what's it called, the NSTBI NTSB. Yeah, I like taking all the information and I'll feed it into AI. So let's say it was a seven twenty seven, or let's say it's say whatever it is, a MAX, something that we have no idea what happened to, Like the one that disappeared, we still don't know what happened to.
Speaker 2: He'll take all the flight.
Speaker 7: Recorder information that he can find, all the data from the NTSB. He'll start off on runway. And it's not called believe it or not, just because the program's called runway. It has really nothing to do with airplanes. That's just what he's doing. Weird, Yeah it is. So he starts out with whatever actual plane it is and he puts that into runway and then that's his character.
Speaker 2: Then he feeds it all this data, just.
Speaker 7: Constantly feeding data, and he'll recreate something as best as he can to see what that accident actually look like. It's cool as hell. You used to have to hire you've used to X where its used to spend millions of dollars coming up with these videos of what happened. Now a guy that understands AI and understands the industry can literally create.
Speaker 2: It in no time.
Speaker 7: I mean it's it's well, I won't say it no time, but on his spare time.
Speaker 17: So Mark, if we could, for just a moment, circle back to your video with the eight foot squirrel. So let's say you wanted a twenty five cents.
Speaker 2: No, they don't know what we're talking. Did I say that on air?
Speaker 7: Off?
Speaker 2: I forget?
Speaker 12: Sometimes you know I think you said that on air.
Speaker 2: Okay, keep going there.
Speaker 12: The eight foot squirrel with the top had in the yellow sox.
Speaker 17: So if you wanted to make that into a twenty five minute cartoon film in this case, they're not cartoons, right, well, you can do either. So and let's say you have three or four revisions along the way. What does a guy budget for something?
Speaker 2: I've never done one?
Speaker 7: So the fifteen seconds is probably going to end up costing me let's say a thousand credits, So a thousand credits, and I'm paying a BA basically one hundred month a quarter, so it's going to cost me less than one hundred bucks. Yeah, it's going to cost me five thirty bucks. You're asking me to do math on the air.
Speaker 17: Super reasonable pricing, and that sounds fascinating. I can't wait to see an example of this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's another one out there. I haven't done it, but it's advertised very heavily now where you can create a book. So you go on and I could say, I'm Dmitri and I want to write a book about my life, and I can literally answer a few questions and then give it direction.
Speaker 2: In other words, Oh, I remember when I.
Speaker 7: Was five years old, I grew up in blah blah blah, and do all this and answer questions.
Speaker 2: It'll actually you'll give it stories.
Speaker 7: And then it'll ask you questions about these stories and bring you through reading a book and next thing you know, your memoir is done.
Speaker 17: You know, this reminds me of a story from just a few days ago about a guy who was killed in a crash his and there was a subsequently, there was a lawsuit against the you know, the defendant who caused the death, and they created a victim impact state AI, it is that guy.
Speaker 2: It is the dead guy, grave from the grave. Did the judge allow it?
Speaker 12: Yeah, they allowed it to be.
Speaker 2: Judge allowed it.
Speaker 6: The family created it. That was I think there was the argument that they made this was the family communicating their loss.
Speaker 7: So there was one with the Trump team, uh not long ago, fighting one of these court orders on deportation or something.
Speaker 2: I forget exactly what it was. And they used AI.
Speaker 7: For a brief and what they quoted in there was AI literally made up. You know, oh you're honor please look at Smith versus Jones in case number whatever. AI literally just made one up. In other words, the AI they used made up something that never existed, but it worked perfectly for what they wanted.
Speaker 6: That as a reminder you need to check AI.
Speaker 2: And then the judge found out that it was all BS and was like, okay, this is not right. There is no Jones versus Smith.
Speaker 17: Yeah, they got in trouble. I think that was in federal court here in Denver. Actually, God was a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 7: I thought it was funny because I really don't think they knew. I think if you don't, That's what I'm learning with Runway. The hardest part is learning how to communicate with AI. And I think what's even weirder about a program like Runway because it creates AI. It's learning you and what you want by all the revisions. So the more you use it, the more it understands who the hell you are? I mean, it's pretty crazy. I got to take a break. Any any questions or any thoughts you have on AI, I'd love to hear him. Three oh three seven one three a two five five Hold on too, We're gonna be talking about some great deals from fix it as well.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right three o three seven one three eight two five five three oh three seven one three a two five five. Hannah, you've been playing around with Runway.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 6: I'm I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you. What would fix it? Twenty four to seven.
Speaker 7: You're basically the marketing person yep, So honestly, what once you understand and learn the program. And I'm sure you've used lots of programs, maybe not like this kind of powerful, But.
Speaker 2: What would you really use it for?
Speaker 7: Where do you see it benefiting fix It twenty four to seven or any business like that.
Speaker 6: Well, you know what we want to do in any business is it's better to show than to tell. Let's show what the value of a business is. So I'll get photos from technicians all the time. They're showing what a system looked like before a clean and after and after a clean. Oh, that's very smart uploading those images than prompting what the process is to actually show that or have it describe what is in your system, what that means to your lungs, what you're breathing in. I mean, the options are endless. Also, it's just super fun to play with some of the photos of the technicians. Turn them into superheroes, that's cool. Or if they've made me angry, you can turn them into something else.
Speaker 7: How much would have let's say three years ago, Oh and you guys wanted to do like a realistic kind of cartoon, but it looks real. One of your technicians with the Cape Superman flying in cleaning the furnace thirty second television commercial. Honestly, how much would that have been three years ago? Production?
Speaker 6: All in fifty sixty seventy eighty thousand.
Speaker 7: Think of that, Dmitri, sixty seventy eighty thousand. Now, I mean you, once you get it down, I bet you can knock that out for less than less than five hundred bucks.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 6: Now this is absolutely fascinating, fascinating.
Speaker 2: It is fast.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thanks.
Speaker 7: Three oh three seven one three A two five five Another hour going. Look, I want to talk to you. I want to hear your calls, your complaints, your questions. Three oh three Martino, light up those phones for me. We'll see you on the other side.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven, seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two, ripped up.
Speaker 11: News.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 11: Come.
Speaker 4: Run in as as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 19: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 2: Welcome all to the only show this time.
Speaker 7: We're here to solve problems, answer your questions, take complaints. We love education, we love educating you, we love being educated. We've got a bunch of deputies here to help. We've got referral list dot com that has some of the best members out there. But the bottom line is this, if you've been ripped off, if you need help, that's what.
Speaker 2: We're here for.
Speaker 7: We've been doing it for forty five years, to the tune of well over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges and refundsers. No other show like this. We go directly after the bad guys. We call them out, We warn the public. We help people like you that need help. Three zero three seven one three A two five five. One of our members is actually in fix at twenty four to seven when George Donaldson, the owner started here. I want to say it's been seven, eight, nine, ten years.
Speaker 2: Hannah hell long.
Speaker 6: That sounds right.
Speaker 7: It's been a long time. George is incredible. He built this company up. Yep, and you guys just knock it out. But you've got this new product that I love. In fact, I know the product very well. Generak probably the number one home generator in the world.
Speaker 2: Definitely in the country.
Speaker 7: Most people that have a home generator are going to have a Generak, and they have different kinds.
Speaker 2: You can have.
Speaker 7: Diesel, most people, if they have natural gas, will have their Generak on natural gas. That way, if the electricity goes off. But you guys are doing something amazing. But it's only the first ten ten collars, Yeah, the first or this show only.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for this show only. They're offering ten percent off.
Speaker 7: So maybe you got a solar system and you want to back up. Maybe you just want to back up if the power goes off and you don't have solar or battery. Maybe you're thinking of off grid. I don't care really what you're thinking about. These guys can come out and tell you exactly what you can get in the Generak line, and it's incredible and I've looked at them. They have ones that will automatically come on, so you don't even skip a beat.
Speaker 6: So that's exactly what we have. It's within fifteen seconds, yep, power goes out. So let's talk about you know, food in the refrigerator, if there's medications, fires all back up, exactly anything you need within fifty teen seconds, it automatically kicks on. You don't have to press any button.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 7: And they do all the electrical I mean, fix it twenty four to seven. Of course they do electric, HVAC, plumbing, drain cleaning, they do all that stuff. So it's a perfect fit for what they do because they already have the electricians. They don't have to. When I was looking at generators, it worked this way. I would buy the generac and then basically I had to hire everybody else to hook it up. I had to have a plumber to come out and hook up the gas lines, I had to have an electrician, and it ended up costing me a fortune. So the fact now you're dealing with a company that does it all in house, all of it. It's an incredible bargain and they'll come out, they'll talk to you about it, they'll give you the different options. More importantly, they got to size the load, figure out what do you want on the generator? Do you literally want everything on it or you just want some rooms on it. They'll figure out whatever you want done, and they'll educate you on how they were.
Speaker 6: So essentially, how today is offer works ten spots. I think we've had five fill ups so far as a five at this point. How today's offer works is folks are gonna call in, They're gonna call fix at twenty four seven. They're gonna say, what I want is I want a technician, one of the expert teams to come out for this consultation. They're gonna show you that design. They're gonna show you which unit that they would select.
Speaker 2: But they design it, uh huh.
Speaker 6: And that consultation is on the house, did it, braebe. If you're part of this ten then what they designed for you it's ten percent off And you see every part of that quote. It's a we have never done this offer before, but it is becoming one of the most popular services that we.
Speaker 2: Provide, especially in Colorado.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, absolutely where I live.
Speaker 7: Out in Franktown. There's quite a few people. The homes we've been looking at in sly Dell Louisiana and people in Florida. It's not it's it's very likely if you live near some of the water, you have a generator. And it is becoming so popular because people simply don't want to be without power. The rolling blackouts are a big one, you know, and they have generators that all have no problem powering your AC. People don't even know that. I mean, these things are amazing if you can yeah, I mean the whole house absolutely entirely. And what I'd suggest so big time is the natural gas. If you have it, then you have all the fuel you ever need. But if you don't have natural gas, you can do a pro paine tank, you can do diesel. They probably have gasoline, but that would be the worst out there.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Well, what we do is natural gas and propane. Yeah, and that's what we suggest across the board.
Speaker 7: And some payers will actually do a backup and listen, I've got a neighbor that did this, so he's got natural gas coming in. If the natural gas supply goes, he's got another feeder from a propane tank. So I mean, you just can't beat it. Hopefully you never need it, but man, is it.
Speaker 12: Cool to have yeah.
Speaker 17: I mean it's just like insurance, right, I mean, you hope you never need it, literally.
Speaker 7: And they're not nearly as much as you think. I mean, when I first started looking, I thought these things were going to be fifty sixty grand. I mean, you're going to be impressed by the prices, especially with that ten percent off.
Speaker 2: But uh, seventy two did they.
Speaker 6: Call the phone number the seven two zero five six thirty nine thirty nine to get signed up? Thank you, Susan. That's exactly what they do. And I want them to mention this show. Yeah, you have to because we've never done this special before. This is brand new, first of it's kind.
Speaker 7: Seven two zero five two six thirty nine thirty nine. You know one time, by the way, I'm going to give we've got three lines open, Joseph, I'll go to you in a second. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. When George was in one time, him and I did this special. I think it was a nineteen dollars clean Okay, he forgot to tell home base, so he had like fifty sixty seventy trouble.
Speaker 6: He was in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was easy owner.
Speaker 6: Luckily, it's the boss.
Speaker 7: So people are like, no, I just heard it on the radio. They're like, we don't know what that special is. And so we had someone call up while George was here and goes, well, your people don't know what that special was. I assure you his people knew what that's special was in about thirty seconds.
Speaker 6: And trust be assured. Everyone our team back at the offices they know this special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's an unslakable deal.
Speaker 7: So if you've ever even thought about it, and really you're thinking about a generator, you know, you get a free entire quote, you get to free design.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: One of the interesting things for me also was looking what this does for home value big time on average increases it immediately five to eight percent out the gate. It's also something that people look for when they're purchasing to have that already installed. You know, you don't install it just so you can move. But that was fascinating to me what that does for the value big.
Speaker 7: Time, especially in places that are hurricane Of course, that's if we get a hurricane in Colorado, we got bigger problems in a generator.
Speaker 12: I think so.
Speaker 7: But the bottom line is it's crazy how much they add the value.
Speaker 17: Hannah, if ID said this correctly, does your generator get connected to the existing wiring infrastructure.
Speaker 12: Within the home?
Speaker 17: Where do you run all new yas and cables and break CERWS system?
Speaker 6: I said, that's about my pay grade. That's always send up. The technicians that do literally specialize in this, I.
Speaker 7: Know enough to be scary. If they have to run new stuff, it becomes crazy. You don't want to do it. So most homes they're going to be able to use your infrastructure. Yeah, and there's something else they can do that Hannah probably doesn't know. But if you don't want to wait that fifteen seconds, and most people would never do this, but let's say you had a solar system and you already had a battery backup, they can actually wire it to the generator. It knows the power goes off. That's going to be the smart box. It sends, the battery goes out and does everything while that fifteen seconds the generators starting and you don't skip a beat. That kind of system is really not necessary unless if you're in a commercial.
Speaker 2: Like a hospital. This building right here on top, or wait right outside.
Speaker 7: If you look down here, there's a thing that looks like a tractor trailer that's generator and how it works in here. If we lose power, we're still on the air while the power goes off because there's a battery in between.
Speaker 2: While that generator's firing up. We don't miss a beat.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mark. But as far as the backup to the backup like that, it could be crucial for someone on who using medical equipment at home residential, if they're on oxygen, I don't know.
Speaker 7: No, that's a great point, Suzanne, because even with that fifteen seconds, imagine if you are on oxygen at home or on a seapap. You know, people think seapaps are just for snoring. I've talked to people like I don't mind snoring. People die, people dock. I mean you know this, people stop breathing and die.
Speaker 13: We'll tell you when I first got out of the hospital leftter COVID. Oh yeah, and I was on oxygen. They gave me a big tank that was good for twenty four hours just in caves, right if the electricity went off, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure battery would work. Well, no, no, it was a tank.
Speaker 7: No no, I'm saying, but it was good for if the electricity went off.
Speaker 2: It took over, right. Yeah, so but that's another thing I didn't even think of, Susan And I mean, if.
Speaker 7: You have, you know, any kind of medical equipment, anything that's mission critical, having that generators insane. Almost every house we've looked at, not everyone, but everyone in Slide Dell pretty much on the water had one.
Speaker 6: Or even like having an electric vehicle. You can't charge your car, you're not going to work or something.
Speaker 7: That's another good one there. I would be a prophet good about that. You lose electricity and you have a Tesla and you didn't you don't have a gas vehicle, Yeah, you have no way to charge it. Bam, you fire around that generator. Your fifty amp is just cooking away.
Speaker 6: We're also talking about earlier the clientele and people are selecting this. When we first started doing the service, we thought it'd be folks in rural areas.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, say it for what it is.
Speaker 7: Preppers, the people that order the people that order buckets of corn that's been freeze drive, the preppers.
Speaker 6: Well, we thought there would be a very specific clientele.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: What we have learned is the majority of folks doing this they are in the metroplex they're in different city areas. They're concerned about those rolling blackouts, they've been impacted by them. They are people like you just said, somebody in the home has a medical issue or they don't want to be reliant on.
Speaker 2: I think Ted Kazinski had a generation and Mark Mark.
Speaker 6: Let's not call them preppers. We'll just say they're experiencing prepping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a neighbor. I love them. Neighbor.
Speaker 7: Dave's probably my favorite neighbor. I've ever had no offense other neighbors. But he was a prepper. I mean big time buckets of food. He had enough. At one time I drove home. He had a deuce You know what a deuce and a half is. Oh yeah, full blown military vehicle he bought. I don't know what he did with it or.
Speaker 2: Where it is.
Speaker 7: It's probably in his underground bunker. Anyway, everybody hold on Joseph real quick. What is the question with ho Way in case five got to get one of our experts on.
Speaker 2: Joseph right, Yes, sir, you're up. Joseph.
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's typical. You and Tom get these calls all the time. The HOA acts like their god and uh, you have no way to fight them.
Speaker 2: What are they trying to tell you to do? Or what are they finding you for?
Speaker 25: They're finding me for an inoperable vehicle that I repaired and won't let it go. And it's like, well, what what do you guys do? You guys don't do your job? What am I paying?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 7: Hold on, hold on, I get the idea of it. We'll talk about it right after this. Three oh three seven one three a two five five three oh three Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, Wait on time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you've been ripped off or taking advantage of I'm going to jump right back to Joseph. Basically as a car. Where do you live, Joseph, I mean like, uh, just like little Tin.
Speaker 25: Where Westminster Church Rance and one hundred and fourth.
Speaker 7: So you have a car that has been broken and basically the ho Way said, you've got to get rid of it because it's it's not movable, right.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I'm rebuilding a mini Cooper with budget ay one, so it's stripped down, the motors pulled, and then I got it operable and then they came back and said no, no, you opinion.
Speaker 2: What does that mean? They said, no, you didn't. I mean, is it operable or not?
Speaker 25: No, it's not right now, but it was so and then it broke again.
Speaker 7: See here's the main thing, man, how much are they assessing you so far?
Speaker 25: Right now it's two hundred But they have a meeting with me and they're saying you never fixed it, and we're going to go back and leverage more fines on you or lean your house.
Speaker 2: Well they probably will too. They can actually put what's called.
Speaker 7: A super Liane on it, which to me is just the most insane thing in the world because in a bankruptcy and I'm not saying you'd go bankrupt over something like this a few hundred bucks. But in a bankruptcy, that's one of the things that doesn't go away. They can continue to assess fines and it's crazy. It's called a super lane. It's almost like the irs in some ways. Your best bet, and the best advice I'm going to give you, is get the car moving so the fine stop. Talk to them very nicely when they come out, and pay them the two hundred bucks. And I'm being straight up, I don't care if that's your hoa or most you have someone running that hoa or a management company. Some of them are horrible people. Some of them are like Nazis. They're just horrible. They have this little bit of power where they can assess stuff and they're going to use it. And when you pick a fight with them, they don't want to lose. They have to have the last word. So really, my advice to you is get it taken care of. I don't know where you put the car. Where can you put it?
Speaker 25: I can move it into my garage.
Speaker 2: That's what you need to do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and out of curiosity, why didn't you do that before?
Speaker 2: Because you use it for a car, you're.
Speaker 25: Using Yeah, it's been musical cars. And the question that always becomes is, well, if they're not maintaining the neighborhood and if they're not doing this now it's like the old It's like the old argument.
Speaker 7: When the cop pulls you over, like Suzanne used to get speeding tickets like Pez candy.
Speaker 2: So when the.
Speaker 7: Cop pulls you over and you go, yeah, but that other guy was going faster than me, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's just simply it simply doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: You could have a guy with a sofa across the way that they're not finding in his front yard, but that has nothing to do with them finding you on the car.
Speaker 2: That's just how it works, man, And.
Speaker 25: That's exactly what it is. This neighborhood has really gone really bad because of lack of maintenance. But I wanted your advice.
Speaker 2: And I kiss my advice. And I'm not kidding.
Speaker 7: When you have the meeting, would I would literally say this, and I kid you not man, I'd be like, look, i've been in a bind lately. I mean it just makes up up. I mean seriously, like, hey, I've been in a bind. I'm just getting back up. I finally got the transmission done. The transmission shop had it for a while. I'm gonna push it into the garage. I really just don't. I don't want this battle. I understand the rules. Just you know, if I pay the two hundred, can we just move forward? I mean, really, I did do that, Dmitri, What do you think?
Speaker 17: No, I think that's it. It's nobody wants a junk car in their neighborhood break.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he's saying like every other house has got something.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I mean that's probably not the defense, and I'll just do away with a car. I would hide it in the garage and then try to negotiate down whatever it is that they're trying to find you. I have a feeling their primary goal is to get rid of the junkie car that's in plane view. It's not the two hundred dollars. It's important to them. Yeah, I'm sure I would clean everything up and present the really good image, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Very good image, and just be nice to him. Hannah, what do you think have you ever been in trouble with an hoa?
Speaker 6: I've never had an HOA. I think being transparent. I wouldn't they transparent in this case? I think playing into the Mersey asking for that. Yeah, I think that is the way to go.
Speaker 7: I think it's his only way to go. When you get some of these people, the reason they run for HOA is because, honestly, there's something wrong with them.
Speaker 2: So I'll just say it. I probably irritated a lot of people.
Speaker 7: But either they have a lot of time on their hands and they want to fill time, and or or they want to be a policeman.
Speaker 2: They want to police their neighborhood.
Speaker 7: And if that's the person you're dealing with, the best way is to get on their side.
Speaker 2: Simple as that. Three zero three seven one three talk.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 7: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey, I just got an email at Suzanne sent me from help at troubleshooter dot com. Michael says the super lean and I did know this, I should have mentioned it. But the superleen is available for up to six months of assessments, so if you do have a bankruptcy, it's basically only going to be six months. And he went on to say something that's very interesting, and that's my law. It's often the only way in HA gets paid anything from dead beats. Assessments in the normal course can continue to accrue, but the superleene never increases. So it says it that six months, and that is correct information. But it made me think of something. When I talk to people like that guy, I'd be curious what Michael thought. The guy that emailed that great information. I assume he's on an HOA board just because not only because he knows the information, but because he said paid from the dead beats. So I do want to say this, there are dead beats and neighborhoods. I've been in a neighborhood before where I couldn't believe it was Clark Farms. I'll tell people where it was. It was in Parker and it was in the early nineties and there was some neighbors that painted their house a crazy color without anything, and eventually.
Speaker 2: They had to redo it.
Speaker 7: But we had some issues like that, and there is a need for Hoa's my point in that last call to that guy. First of all, I think my advice was spot on, meaning it's time to play ball.
Speaker 8: Dude.
Speaker 7: You know you're not going to win this fight. Get the car inside and or get it mobile, get it moving, and pay the two hundred bucks and beg for forgiveness. That is probably the best advice anybody could give them. But I think I beat up on Hoa's too much. There's a reason for that. It's because the nature of this show. We get calls like that, and the ones that are frustrating are frustrating are like that guy because he's going, Hey, they're picking on me over this car. It's hard to I'm sure what he's saying is, how do they even know it's im mobile? In other words, it's a car as long as the tires are on it and the license plates in How do they know there's a transmission or not.
Speaker 12: Told us he had torn apart.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well that's a big deal. But his point was what sucks is they're not doing things to other people. Well he might not know that actually, I mean.
Speaker 12: Know if they're getting fined or no.
Speaker 7: I mean, but really there is reasons for HOA and Michael, I'm going to tell you this. I do appreciate that. Even though that wasn't your point of the email, it was the information. It really did make me think of it. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I've ever have we ever had an issue with an Hoa, Suzanne. I had an issue with the apartment complex, but that's different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so.
Speaker 6: I don't think we ever got like fined or I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I never got into it with an HOA. I did get into it with a management company of an apartment and I've told the story before, but the bottom line was this. Basically, we had a car that's transmission was out crazy as that sounds, and Suzanne was probably I don't know, maybe seventeen.
Speaker 2: I was nineteen, yeah, and it was.
Speaker 7: Our first apartment, literally our first apartment together, I should say that, and they.
Speaker 2: Towed my car.
Speaker 7: My friend Lonnie came over. It was a nineteen seventy nine Ford Granada and it was a C four transmission and they towed it. We ran up to grab a part. When we came back, the car was gone. We only had it. We only had the transmission out. It was just a remove and replace, drop it, put it back in. We're not like rebuilding it. But anyhow we were working on it.
Speaker 2: That was a no no.
Speaker 7: And they towed the car like within a three hour window. It was insane. So I had a big We owned a cake route at the time, so I had a big Hostess truck the size of just massive, like a UPS truck. So I put on it vector properties. The management of Sugarberry apartments are deadbeats, do not rent here. And I do remember the name of the management company in the apartments, but.
Speaker 2: I put this properties. I remember, yeah, vector Property, Sugarberry.
Speaker 7: So what I would do then is I started parking right at the leasing office up front. So within about twenty four hours or one day of doing it. And this was the kind of apartment complex they drive people around on golf carts. I'd follow people around with my Hostess truck with the message behind their golf carts and I would talk to people. Well, what happened was they got my car towed back and we put the transmission back in, and I was happy that's what happened, but I was made I had to go through all that. Think of all the time I went through to prove my point. But anyhow, I just stand your point. But I don't understand what the giant Hostess truck had.
Speaker 12: To do with it.
Speaker 7: Well, it was a big area because on the side of it, I put a massive message on it.
Speaker 2: What was the message that the apartment complex sucked?
Speaker 7: And I parked it right in front of where people go into leasey apartments.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense now?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's impressive.
Speaker 2: So within twenty four hours they had my car towed back and allowed me time to put the transmission in.
Speaker 7: So you know, that's maybe that's why I do a show like this. Hey, Gordon, what's going on with you?
Speaker 26: Sir? Yeah, thanks for taking my call. Of course, Gordon, I had a comment about that sixteen year old kid that got arrested for DUI. I heard it on the podcast.
Speaker 23: Oh yeah, from a few days ago Mark and the dad was really upset and his son was completely sober.
Speaker 7: Let me do this, Gordon. I'm going to put you on hold. I'm going to take you right after the break, but I'll recap for everybody. A couple of days ago, guy calls up Parker Police Department pulled his kid over. He was coming back from a lacrosse game. Sixteen year old kid, new driver. Of course, the cop pulled him over because he had his headlights off and it was dusk and possibly dark.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I didn't even get into that part, but he pulled him over for that. And I guess the kid when he was pulling over might have scraped one of his tires. Pulled him over, and what happened was he had bloodshot eyes. According to the cop, he did take a roadside sobriety where you touch your nose and walk or whatever that looks like.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: So they did do that, and then the kid said he hadn't been drinking. The cop arrested him, brought him down to the police station. He blew zeros, He had no drugs, he had no alcohol, nothing. The cop said he made a mistake and the father came and picked him up. We had police officers calling about in a lot of things. I'll be curious what Gordon has to say about it.
Speaker 5: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: All Right, Gordon called up.
Speaker 7: He had a comment about the kid that got arrested for DUI the blewe Zeros in Parker.
Speaker 2: Gordon, what do you say, sir.
Speaker 26: Well, first of all, I'll tell you where I'm coming from. Sure, I'm a held a CDL majority of my life, and pretty much every company I worked for required us to take defensive driving courses, probably.
Speaker 9: At least once a year.
Speaker 2: Got it and that part.
Speaker 26: Of the part of those courses were too kind of read what other drivers are doing? Okay, and this kid had three strikes against him.
Speaker 2: Well, he had his headlights off, he also had he hit the curb, and I assume you're saying the third strike was the red eyes exactly.
Speaker 26: Yeah, I agree, and that's and yeah, I would be mad too. I don't blame him for being mad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the father, the father was mad as hell. He wanted to sue him. I don't know what you would possibly sue for. I thought that was silly. But I will say this, I would be upset at as a father too. First of all, I'd be relieved because i'd probably kill my kid if he was drinking at sixteen and driving. But when they blow zeros, I'd be very Imagine the phone call Dad, They're getting ready to take me to the police station for a DUI, and then you've got to go down and get the kid. Then you get down there and find out he wasn't drinking. I'd be pissed.
Speaker 25: Man.
Speaker 26: Oh yeah, I would too. But you know, everybody that gets pulled over, that's one of the first things they ask you is you've been drinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he said no.
Speaker 10: Say no.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 26: Everybody says no.
Speaker 2: Sweet And I get it, Gordon. And the CDL is a big deal. Man.
Speaker 7: If you get caught with any alcohol in your system with the CDL, you're cooked, right, I mean even under the limit exactly. Yeah, that's a big deal, and I appreciate the comment. The only reason if you want to call back in tomorrow, I'd love to talk to you, but I got to talk to Steve Moss real quick.
Speaker 2: Rock and Roll Brewery. Rock and Roll do beer, Steve.
Speaker 7: I know you're doing a cornhole tournament in the next couple weeks, but what's going on this weekend.
Speaker 2: At Rock and Roll Brewery. I've been up there, Susanna and I went up. Babe. You had a great time, didn't you.
Speaker 6: Wonderful time.
Speaker 7: It is the coolest place. It's like a micro brewery. He's got seventeen different kinds of beers. Whereabouts you located. What's the easiest way for people to get up there, Steve? Or just go to the I think they just go to the website and find that out, but please talk my friend.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the address will be on the website. It's right. It's actually across the street from iris Stone city limits, so it's a long amount address, but it's not incorporated, so it's you know, a little bit about three miles east of I twenty five from exit two forty exit. Basically, we were going to give away some NASCAR tickets for the good for Colorado National Speedway. Now, we're a sponsor of THEIRS and they sponsor UP and we kind of do things together. So for your callers, if they register this, you don't have to have reservations to go to the beer garden, but it's recommended because we only have a twenty five person capacity. They go on and register and let me know when they show up on Saturday, anytime Saturday and mention their name and you know, show their idea or whatever. We'll give them a free VIP NASCAR ticket good for this season.
Speaker 2: That is really cool.
Speaker 7: A lot of people don't even know we have NASCAR here and it's just unbelievable. Now I do we want to tell people this man, it is the coolest brewery. Suzanna and I are brewery people. We travel a lot. We always hit breweries. This is one of the most unique breweries. They're only open on Saturdays, though, please check it out. There's other breweries around him too. Put them on that list so you can hit two or three different breweries. Steve is a great guy. In fact, he does our theme songs. That's why we have him on all the time. And he did the tree farm. Everybody he's heard of that rock and roll, rock and rolled out beer, rock and rolled out beer.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we see you there