Speaker 1: Thank you very much for being a part of the best part of our day. Find us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio and grab the podcast version of the show as well. Just search the Sandy Show where you get your podcast. My name is Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat a cerbic wife who is sad in her heart today that today is National Pie PII Day and not National Pi E Day.
Speaker 2: Truth, that's a fact. Oh my god. I love pie.
Speaker 1: Oh you you. You haven't had pie much lately.
Speaker 3: It just was talking to somebody about key lime pie yesterday, really talking about key pie and how it's my favorite.
Speaker 4: It is your favorite.
Speaker 1: So if you could have a pie magically land here in the studio by snapping your fingers, it would be pie, key lime pie.
Speaker 2: Yep, it that much?
Speaker 1: Ysh oh.
Speaker 3: And I haven't had any in a while, and now my mouth just filled up with spit thinking about it because now I want it.
Speaker 4: I do not like pie of any kind.
Speaker 3: Like I understand you have a weird thing about texture, like a custard pie or putting type pie, but not even like an apple pie. No to gelatinous but your two and apples are cherry pie.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's the worst. Cherry the worst, and I love cherries, don't get me wrong. Pie it's but it's got. It's the go that holds everything together inside the pie. That's the worst part.
Speaker 2: Magic, it's the power of the pie.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I will argue that I'll take cake any day of the week.
Speaker 3: Oh, I feel like your life is so sad without.
Speaker 1: I feel like cake is for the young at heart and pie is for the old at heart.
Speaker 2: It is what who?
Speaker 3: What is kind of heart does the person who likes to eat them both have? Because that's me a fact, I'm helping disease at heart.
Speaker 1: That's what's first thing made you laugh.
Speaker 3: Today, Imagine getting kidnapped with a stuffy nose and they tape your mouth up.
Speaker 4: It took me a second.
Speaker 3: You're not worried about if you even kidnapped, that you can't breathe. There's nothing worse in not being able to breathe out of your nose. Yeah, and like trying to chew right, you know, you're trying to eat in your noses and you have to like stop in gas, take a little gasp of air, and then continue chewing.
Speaker 1: That That funny. Took me a second to get that is funny. Kidnapped with your mouth? You know what I've never understood. You ever see in movies, like a bad guy get someone and they just stuff a towel in their.
Speaker 4: Mouth and you just hit it out right?
Speaker 1: How far in there do you have to push it? Do you like go to school to learn how to do that?
Speaker 3: Or if they tie like a bandana around your neck and it's in your mouth, Yeah, you can still make sounds with your mouth. Was it just like for a movie effect?
Speaker 4: I guess it is. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I've always wondered about the just stuffing a washcloth in someone's mouth.
Speaker 2: Spin it.
Speaker 4: Let me try it with.
Speaker 2: You, and we're not going to do that.
Speaker 4: That would make for a bad radio show.
Speaker 2: It would not be Okay.
Speaker 1: Hey, stick around, We've got more coming up. This is the Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station one O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot com. Hey at Sandy, you want to take in a free event at south By Southwest, Well, there's one going on at the purpleb Studios in Valente, Texas, which is just ten minutes away from six twenty and twenty two twenty two. It is called Susto by Custow and all day music showcase that has been put together by Justin Osborn of Susto featuring his Custo String Band and other artists like Judy Plank, gold Star, Johnny Delaware, and a whole lot more. If you want to go, admission is absolutely free with an RSVP all right. Go to purplebe dot org for details. You get RSVP there. You can also reserve a spot on a party bus that'll take you from Austin to the Purplebe Studios. This is a great event and something that you're not going to get caught up in a lot of the crowds at south By Southwest And the best part, it's absolutely free and purpleb Studios are fantastic. It's an indoor outdoor venue and what they do on the inside part, it's a recording studio, so they record the performances and then they're going to give away a one of one vinyl to one of the members of the audience.
Speaker 4: Check this out.
Speaker 1: It's a great way to spend your Sunday afternoon. Get more information at purpleb dot org. Hey, before we tell you what Chris has got coming up in the story We Love, want to give a little bit of love to one of our web all time big time.
Speaker 3: Listeners, Big time listener, mister Felix. Mister Felix told me that he had a birthday present for me. We tried to meet up, but sometimes schedules get crazy, so he left the gift for me at a certain spot.
Speaker 2: I went inside picked it up.
Speaker 3: It is a photo of our daughterly Injury, standing next to Admiral Frank Ketty, Lisa Frank Ketty.
Speaker 4: The director direct Naval Operation.
Speaker 3: Right, she's no longer the director anymore, but we had a picture of them together that Sandy posted in.
Speaker 2: Mister Felix printed it and had it framed.
Speaker 4: Is that cool?
Speaker 3: Yes, and loved it for me. Is a gift so so nice. Thank you, mister Felix.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mister Felix. You're preciad. It's very very thoughtful of you. Yes, it is very very thoughtful.
Speaker 4: Up you.
Speaker 1: Trisa's got a naked foot race story, but chase, Chase, Chase story coming up in the story We Love.
Speaker 4: In just a little bit.
Speaker 1: Uh if you guys maybe don't know this, But ever since it was announced that Lester Holt is leaving the NBC Nightly and as Tricia has been real.
Speaker 2: Sad, so sad in my heart.
Speaker 1: She loves, loves, loves Lester Holt. So we have decided that we've When Tricia does the stories we love it's from the Lester Holt Studio. Yeah right, she settles into the air chair in the Lester Holt studio. Well, one of our listeners, Paul Benson, sent me this message yesterday. You can text us any time, by the way, seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred, he says, recorded this morning when you all were talking about renaming your studio, using my radio voice, and this is what he.
Speaker 4: Recorded, Welcome to the Lester Holt Studio. He does have a radio voice that's pretty good. Paul.
Speaker 3: You know what it's at the beginning. It's welcoming you before I do the story. Because I keep having a hard time remembering to say it at the end of the story.
Speaker 1: I need Paul to redo that though, and just say from the Lester Holt Studio, here's Tricia, Tricia Deliciou and anyone else that wants to do that, we will play them on the air.
Speaker 3: Yeah maybe, yeah, maybe we should have a contest for the Lester Holtz Studio.
Speaker 1: Right, Paul, if you're listening and you can redo that and send it to me, please do if you want to do it, all you have to do is say what do we just.
Speaker 3: Say from from the Lester Holtz Studios. Here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it. That's all you have to do, and we'll play it on the air.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I wonder if our guide ship who made our care don't care song.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he's going to get in on that. I bet he will put it to music.
Speaker 4: It'll be pro for sure.
Speaker 2: My gosh, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: So how do you do that?
Speaker 1: You can text us at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred d m us on Instagram at the Sandy Show Official or Facebook us all right, that's at the Sandy Show Radio. And again what you have to record it onto your phone. It's simple, just say live from the Lester Holt Studios, here's Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 4: His stories. It will get rid of this. Yeah, we've had this for four years, five years. Get rid of that. We do.
Speaker 3: You need something new, and the hope is that Lester Holder he'll hear about it and he'll do it, and he'll do it.
Speaker 2: Oh God, I would die.
Speaker 4: Oh I see if I make that happen. That's from me.
Speaker 2: You know your dad went to preschool with Lester Hol.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I went to the same nursery as Lester. Oh, my dad worked with Lester Hold.
Speaker 3: That's what it was. Your dad worked with him. I've heard that story a million times, and don't how I messed that up.
Speaker 4: Okay, here, you have time constraints. You got to move along, cord.
Speaker 2: Okay, here, we're gonna go. We're gonna go quick.
Speaker 3: I told everybody that it's been a while since I reported on people doing things naked outside, and it's because it's been cold. And my prediction was and when it gets warmer, we're going to get more naked stories.
Speaker 2: And we have one.
Speaker 3: A man from Indianapolis is facing four charges after leading police on a chase while he was naked. Police were called to a car break in and found the guy naked inside of a vehicle that.
Speaker 4: Was not his.
Speaker 3: He led them on a fit chase before he was arrested. The guy has been charged with theft, unlawful entry of a motor vehicle, resisting law enforcement, and disorderly conduct. And I feel like there should be a nakedness charge general nakedness.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Should I do my closing that we did the intro?
Speaker 1: No, you need to do what I almost called you, Liz, my sister Tricia. Stories have beginnings, middles, and ends. Okay, we've got the beginning. Yeah, got the middle.
Speaker 2: All right, About to end it. From the lester Hold Studios, I'm Tricia Delicia.
Speaker 4: Now go more, coming up, more, coming up. One O three point one Austin.
Speaker 1: One of the most searched abbreviations or acronyms of the year so far. We're gonna tell you, and then when we get done with that, I'm gonna share with you why I hate an acronym so much. It all goes back to my childhood because I was just surrounded by them.
Speaker 4: And I'll tell really weird. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Number one on the list was these are not really in order, but here's a bunch of them that were searched a lot f a fo f around and find out that's might be my favorite one.
Speaker 4: It's usable so often, especially with your kid. I say that to our daughter all the time.
Speaker 2: Really, I've never heard you say that.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: Which one our daughter says all the time. PMO pisses me off. Oh yeah, she says it. She'll go that PMO.
Speaker 2: And then the other day I said it and I was like, oh god, it's happening.
Speaker 4: TBH was also on the list.
Speaker 3: To be honest, Yeah, I RL, but because I like to freak our daughter out, I call it the IRL. IRL means in real life, and she's like, it's not the in real life.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Here's some other of the most searched acronyms. HMU hit me up. And I think at a certain age, like at my age, I'm I'm matured. I'm a dull, grown, professional, handsome man, and I think that's too juvenile, right, Like if I'm corresponding with a colleague, business person or something, or even a.
Speaker 3: Buddy, Oh, you're not going to text that to them or say that tim. Yeah, I'm not going to say HMU. But I see all the time on social media ISO in search of or IMO. In my opinion, I think it's okay, Like LMK, let me know. But I also think that you can just make any of them up, like I could be like, Sandy, did you FTD?
Speaker 2: Did you feed the dog? Like I could just totally make it up.
Speaker 3: But somehow there's this pressure that when you see an acronym, you're not cool if you don't know what it stands exactly. That's what's stressful, all right, now, that's just some of the most search ones. Would you like to know why I dislike an acronym so much? Yes, because, as a small child and the son of an Air Force officer, conversations had all kinds of acronymsman's acronyms, and then because the government and the military uses so many acronyms. So I'd be sitting at the kitchen table as a small Sandy eating orange juice, pork chops and wild rice, which I love and still do, and my dad would be explaining something on the phone or to my mom or something like that.
Speaker 4: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: It's like they're talking in code.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no idea what the sink was like that was an acronym or something, right, I had no idea what he was talking about, And to this day it just strikes me nuts when people use acronyms that you think they think.
Speaker 3: You know, right, but they say it in a way that you feel dumb if you don't know what it is. My friend Sean, she and two of my other friends are in education. Oh yeah, and when they get together, there's a million acronyms in the education world, and they're just chatting it up and I'm like, hello, I have no idea what code y'all are talking at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're using like PK twelves and just different forms.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh yeah, exactly. It's just part of their vernacular being in that field.
Speaker 2: And if you don't know.
Speaker 3: But I hate it when work jargon, you're just expected to know, and you somehow feel like you're a nerd or dumb if you don't know.
Speaker 2: What they stand for. And I think people are just making them up.
Speaker 1: I know a guy, really, really really smart, successful guy. He'll stop, he goes, what's that mean?
Speaker 2: Right, Bill, I'll say, I'll go, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know what that means, right, I don't know what that means? Yeah, And then they have to explain it to you. Yeah, Sometimes you feel silly. Were there any oh uh, were there any other ones on here?
Speaker 2: I like this one. M K is short for kay. I think that's funny.
Speaker 4: She's Trisha.
Speaker 1: My name is Sandy Moore coming up on Austin's Aides station one O three point one. Hey, it's Sandy And if you've ever thought about taking a self defense class, I need you to listen up because I'm gonna tell you about Cooper Mma. I met Sean Cooper and it's been taking some classes at his gym and it is awesome. Tricia and our fifteen year old daughter also taking classes. They're doing kickboxing and they absolutely love it because not only are they learning some self defense skills, they're also getting a great workout in. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner you're just looking to get in shape and learn how to defend yourself. Cooper MMA has something for everyone. Kickboxing, Brazilian jiu jitsu. They've also got judo, They've got boxing, and if nothing else, you're gonna get a great workout.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 1: I know it can be a little bit intimidating, but don't let that stop you. Check out coopermma dot com. Go in take a class. You're gonna get a great workout and you're gonna learn how to defend yourself. Go see them COOPERMMA dot com. Tell them Sandy Sincha, It's the Sandy Show on Austin's eight station on three point one and streaming on my iHeartRadio. Out Hey, just a little reminder, Saint Patrick's day is Monday.
Speaker 4: Be careful because people start the day drinking.
Speaker 2: Oh they do, and all things are green.
Speaker 3: I went through canes in order to lemonade, and I got a Leprechaun lemonade. They just made it green somehow. It made it more fun. Of course, it didn't tastes any different. It just was when I came in and immediately found our daughter and.
Speaker 2: I was like, look, am my lemonade.
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: I was excited.
Speaker 4: Does the Shamrock shake around?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I haven't heard about it at McDonald's.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't really keep up.
Speaker 1: With you know, the Shamrock Shake scared me death from as a child because it made me poop green.
Speaker 2: Right, you're not prepared for that. Yeah, I think you're dying.
Speaker 4: Scared me. I thought something was really wrong.
Speaker 3: So satisfying, all right, here we go, Sandy. Do you care or don't care? To find out what a woman did.
Speaker 2: To receive the world's longest prison.
Speaker 3: Sentence in world history back in nineteen eighty nine, and how long it was it she.
Speaker 1: Heck, yeah, I do because women sentencing and men's sentencing very different.
Speaker 2: This is very strange.
Speaker 3: A woman in Thailand received the longest prison sentence in the world in eighty nine. It was one hundred and forty one thousand and seventy eight years, and it was for renting a two hundred and four million dollar pyramid scheme. Good, one hundred and forty one thousand years.
Speaker 4: Did you really have to go over one hundred gotta.
Speaker 3: Be right, Yeah, it's just kind of symbolic. But then she was released just four years later. Really yeah, I mean, I it's maybe a little overkill with one hundred and forty one thousand years, but then she got out after four Would you.
Speaker 1: Not like to know who spent the had the longest sentence the longest time on Alcatraz?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anything with Alcatraz automatically, I want to know if you were paying attention, you would have known this when we did.
Speaker 4: The tour of it a long time ago.
Speaker 2: I good goat.
Speaker 1: It was a guy that stole a goat, and he kept escaping or trying to escape the goat. No, and man, once he got he kept escaping all the prisons he was in.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Then he finally just stay threw the buckhet him and sent him the Alcatraz.
Speaker 2: And the goat got him there. Just stole a goat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, that was a fun tour.
Speaker 4: I do it again. I've done it about four times. I do it again.
Speaker 2: I've only did it that one time.
Speaker 3: I totally do it again, except I got a little nose just on the ferry right out for there.
Speaker 4: Everything's difficult with it, I know.
Speaker 2: I just don't know, Sandy.
Speaker 3: Do you care or don't care to find out what a couple found written on a piece of paper that was outside their home that in some cases people would find terrifying that in this case, the couple thought it was funny, so they had it framed and hanging on their wall. Sure, they found a piece of paper that said, in all capital letters, destroy with mouth.
Speaker 4: That's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I feel like some people would find that and be like, holy crap, call the cops. Somebody's threatening me. Imatically like this couple, because they immediately thought it was funny, like I did.
Speaker 4: That's good, destroy with mouth? What is it?
Speaker 2: I need more information?
Speaker 3: Finally, do you care don't care to find out about the Japanese app that will call misbehaving children to keep them in line?
Speaker 2: Do you want to know what it is that? Who it is that calls you?
Speaker 4: Well, this is what I have to care about, so okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the app is called phone Call from a Demon.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Simulates a phone call from a demon trying to encourage children to behave appropriately. And I can't imagine it as anything but terrify and permanently, permanently scar the small children whose parents sign them up to get these calls.
Speaker 1: You can get a phone call from a dead person. You can get I'm looking at all the different phone calls from you can get.
Speaker 3: They say a phone call from a demon is to assist parents in managing their children's behavior.
Speaker 4: If you've got to go to that, then you've got a big problem.
Speaker 3: Oh that is for sure something that child will be talking to a therapist about down the road.