Speaker 1: What do you say we give away some BFD tickets May twenty fifth, os Eki's Pavilion. Marilyn Manson and Chavelle are your headliners. It's going to be a big deal and we're gonna give away tickets right now using the iHeart app. That's the new and improved iHeart app. If you click that little microphone on there, you can leave a talkback message the first person that clicks that microphone and leaves their name, their phone number, their email address, and the answer to this question, what specific type of restaurant were we talking about in the first segment. We had this whole segment about it. We were talking about it. If you were listening, you know, and you can tell us. That's why you need to listen to the show, the whole show. Listen to the whole show for your chance to win BFD tickets. Make sure to log onto Beninskin dot com and get signed up for our newsletters. You can know everything that we're doing. We don't spam you, just an email we send out every few weeks or so. But be a part of our thing. Listen to our thing, tell your friends about our thing. Be a part of the Ben and Skin movie right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. Also, we should probably celebrate something. Did you know that one of the members of this show was nominated for Best Radio Personality at the Dallas Entertainment Awards. No, did you know this?
Speaker 2: Kat? I did not know this. Did you know this? Christina?
Speaker 3: I did know this because I got this news this morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, who was it?
Speaker 4: Really cool?
Speaker 3: It was me?
Speaker 2: Well, let's go.
Speaker 3: I was blown away. I was like, wait, what how did I even get nominated one time? But to end up as a finalist is huge? So where people hear you on the Bit and Skin Show? Where else can they hear you?
Speaker 2: At nights?
Speaker 3: Right here on the Eagle from six to ten.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, our own Christina Kray Ray Ray.
Speaker 1: So who else? Who else was nominated? Who do we need to sabotage?
Speaker 3: No, you don't need anyone. But there's some KXT people up as well.
Speaker 2: What's here? I think Jessica Waffle Waffles and Paul Slaven's Man. Slavens can stop winning the awards. He's an OG legend. Though.
Speaker 1: It'll be great. No, no, it'll be great when Christina topples him.
Speaker 3: No, I won't. But just for my name to be right by his I'm like, wait, what, it's really cool to.
Speaker 2: Get out you think this is a segment later in the week. All the nominees in the Dallas Entertainment Awards. Yeah, we'll do.
Speaker 3: Best cover Band, right, Best tribute Yeah trip, best tribute band, cover band?
Speaker 1: So uh we will Okay, k T will fashion this into a segment later in the week. So everybody hang tight and just whip it out in the meantime. But right now it's time for this news.
Speaker 2: Hot God, I come stay on top in the shovel our lead story today in the Hollywood Shuffle, Christina Ray nominated the Dallas Entertainment Awards. You can go to uh Dallas Entertainment Awards dot com to vote. Thank you, So everyone go vote for Christina. Now where do they vote? It's time to end the reign of Paul Slavens. I'm actually gonna try to get Paul Slaven's on the show tomorrow. How many times has he won this? Well, this is the second one and I don't know who won last year. I think R J. Shoppy won once.
Speaker 1: I actually think Paul Slaven's won the Year and the Observer of the Year.
Speaker 2: After Black Nitral, Well, that's the Observer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm talking about I'm saying this. Yeah, this is only the second year of the Dallas Entertainment.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about the prestigious Dallas Entertainment awards. Who is where are those coming from? The Dallas Entertainment What is that? Like? What is the entity behind these? I think Dallas? I think I.
Speaker 1: Think it's a bunch of local music entities like venues and publications and things like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what this nominate?
Speaker 1: In my opinion, what this nomination means for Christina is that she is highly regarded and revered in the Dallas music scene. Hell yeah, it's bad ass. That's bad ass. This is us, not the Observer. It's not like it's much better than you. So she wins, and you know, this power couple at home, and she's sitting there talking to Mike Stroy about winning.
Speaker 2: Does he go, yeah, but I won the Dallas Observer.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lot like James Carville and the lady he's married to. I forgot her name when he was running the Clinton campaign and she was running the Bush campaign. And yet they're married, right. You know what I'm saying, It's like they just don't take their work home.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, is there a website where this exists or is it on just one of the creators' social media.
Speaker 2: Accounts Dallas Entertainment Awards dot com. Okay, so it's a whole same website built for this.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what I you know what I I'd like to book the Dallas Entertainment Awards for the show to I think you can.
Speaker 2: Get them on. Get the I got a contact, right right, Okay, get them on. Okay. So best Tribute Act will be our lead story in the Hollywood Shuffle Today Oatmeal pizza. Yes, Josh, Joey my guy, Nick, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You are not your guy, Joey. Joey's bit got tired. He'd always go whoa, whoa. I don't understand why those are just guys that you mentioned, but that other guys.
Speaker 2: I saw Josh yesterday. He didn't see me, but I saw him blind joke. He actually guy's blind. If y'all checked the Hot Show Round Ball Talk, Josh wrote a song called the four Game Losing Streak Blues, and then they lost. So this song is absolutely we also have Lover Taylor tribute. I'm guessing Taylor Swift. I don't know. Yeah, she had an album called Lover, so that would make sense.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it's that Gal We them Grays, They're dope. You're going up against we them Grays. I know it's uh kJ and Quinton and I think her name is Kiara.
Speaker 2: What are they attribute? So they do this tribute to like Disney stuff? Oh cool? Yeah? Did they do the Bear Necessities? They do not. What about the band that olid do's eighties Billy Joel Town Uptown Girl, The Clinton Years, which is my homie, met Trimple Trimble from Bastards of Soul and other stuff, and Captain and Camille Right, they have the Clinton Years. They're good.
Speaker 1: Now, Christina, why are you going double thumbs down every time you mentioned it?
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm definitely not doing that. I don't know why. Well, those guys are good like the other one. I'm like, I don't. I don't even know how we're in the same vicinity as these people. But whatever we have played with the Clinton Years before. They are incredible.
Speaker 2: So cyber pro Cumbia, sir. It's called Cumbia. Oh good to know. Good to know? So I will vote for oatmeal pizza. Me too, me too?
Speaker 3: You're not actually Katie is actually voting right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm actually voting on my phone. Yep. I just pulled up the Dallas Awards.
Speaker 1: Yeah dot com our best record story.
Speaker 2: I'll just hit Josie Records about pizza? Is there anything for pizza? Or what about beer? Okay, hold on.
Speaker 3: There's the best music venue, like right after now DJ.
Speaker 2: Of the Year. Well, the first person on the DJ of the Years is Christy Ray.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's shake Christina Ray DJ would be music DJ.
Speaker 2: But Christy Ray is the daughter of Spinderella front. Oh that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Also Red Eye, which he's dude, I seriously know him.
Speaker 2: Scott East Well, he's he's he's a legend. He's he's a little bit younger than me. But he ain't no spring Chicken. Good thing he's doing with Brown Eye, I know what I'm saying. Or Pink Eye. Oh that is a sweet princess playing a fart drop after and nominated for Best Music Host. I'm trying to get to it. I'm trying to and get to it on this thing. Oh they're they're they're refreshing. Well, let me say Best Radio station. We got snubbed? What we're the most entertaining radio station. That's impossible. Who do you get snubbed? Christina got no? Well we'll see radio stations mentioned. Okay, kuzu, what k and o? Ye the range? Okay k x T and the beat and the beat goes on best radio show. Here we go. This is our chance. All right, let's go, let's go. Let's do it the catacombs. What kno in Flash forty five's yep k and o in in house radio like h a U s kuzu sounds real German kick push radio? Oh got loop a fiasco? There's homegrown music show with Waffles. There's no way they're playing more Metallica than us. There's that way here it is best radio host. All right, yes, Jessica Waffles, it's not a real last name flash for Christina Ray with an exclamation point after Ray. That means you're the leader to get this.
Speaker 3: I think, I don't know. Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: It means you're emphatic.
Speaker 3: That's that's really sweet.
Speaker 1: Oh do you have that like in your name? Like Prince you had changed the name to Amble. Did you put an exclamation point on your name.
Speaker 3: If I win, I'll add an exclamation.
Speaker 1: Hell, yes, dude, KT you should add a question mark Kevin Paul Slavin's the Gritty Bet and then h K one or.
Speaker 2: Four Little D yeah, man like l I L Yeah. Little D is D with two e's after it. Not just d ye little D. That's little do all.
Speaker 3: Right, Still skylarks in area.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, I didn't go through all of it, but you know, we'll see. I'm sure they're in it. There's a lot of good stuff in here. This is exciting, all right, Nikky glazier, glazier, glazier. It's really tough. I think it's a glazier. She's a big alcohol distributor, right. Yeah. So she went on Howard Stern. Okay, so she hosted The Golden Globes, who played you some of her jokes yesterday during this segment. But she also has what she calls a Stern file, jokes that were too edgy she thought or didn't really fit the Golden Globes room. So here's some jokes that she didn't tell. Okay, this is what got cut from her set.
Speaker 4: The Golden Globes is the only show where you can see the biggest stars in movies and television joined together with the same goal getting out of here tonight before Dax Shepherd asked them to do his podcast.
Speaker 2: Pretty good, that's good, Pretty good, that's awesome. You know, everyone's beaten down by Dax at this point, like, dude, no, I gave you three hours. Oh he tells so many personal stories. Oh, it goes so long. They're all like, who's Gordo? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 4: This is the last time all of you will be in the same room together until the Diddy trial.
Speaker 2: Why did she not do these? You should have done that.
Speaker 4: Whoa the Wild Robot is nominated tonight, and by that I mean Nicole Kidman after two white wines.
Speaker 2: I wish she had done that.
Speaker 3: If she makes a faith and I think she would have been cool with it, but you never know.
Speaker 4: Daniel Craig is nominated for his performance in Queer, which is a movie and not just what my uncle Chucky calls wicked.
Speaker 2: For good a few more, but that was, uh, that was that was the gist of it. Yeah, and uh yeah, that's pretty good. We learned Sunday morning, Aubrey Paza's husband found dead at their La home. That is very sad. He is forty seven years old, or was forty seven years old. He was a director. She'd been in a bunch of movies that he had made, really, or a few movies. None of them are Indie fair small indie. Yeah, my nephew knew him really. Yeah, that's how he knew. Yeah, okay, yeah, it makes sense. Alison Brie also was you know, put out of the thing a statement they're saying it's suicide. Don't know specifically, how, what, all that stuff. So that was a weird one to see that one on a Sunday morning. She's forty, he's forty seven. They've been together for like ten years, wow, and just recently getting married a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: I saw a story. Maybe we talked about this on the air. I had no idea that she used to date Michael, the funny guy from Rusted Development, Michael Sarah. Yeah, that her and Michael Sarah were a couple first. Yeah, I had no idea because she was in Scott Pilgrim Versus the World.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, I always wonder all that, you know, meeting people on set. For instance, spider Man Tom Holland has put the ring on Zendia and I know a lot of people won't care, but I think this is a victory for short kings everywhere. He got one of the most beautiful women in the world who's hotter than him, not that he's ugly, who's way hotter than him, and he got her to say yes, despite her being about a foot taller than him. Well, what I'm looking at three?
Speaker 3: Do you know their height?
Speaker 2: Let's guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say Zendia is five to seven and Holland is five six.
Speaker 2: Fizzle, Okay, I have for Tom. I don't did you look at it? I'm looking it up, so the hell you're terrible at that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say Zendia is five ten, and I'm gonna say Tom Holland is listed at five eight.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're looking it up.
Speaker 3: Well, I looked up his, but I don't know hers, so I know his. I won't guess his.
Speaker 2: Well, I know his now because I was looking it up. So he got me.
Speaker 3: I guess Zindaiya is uh, I'll guess five eight.
Speaker 2: I think she's my height five five five, Come on.
Speaker 1: Five seven right now, because your hair is all pushed up. Come on, Ernie, when your hair is that tall? You're a little taller like I went into Barkley five eleven, five eleven.
Speaker 2: Let me see your driver's lives.
Speaker 1: Let me see the thickness of the soles in their shoes, whatever.
Speaker 2: The driver's license. This is what the DPS says you are when we're trusting the DPS. Yes, let me see, let me see, all right, the DPS says.
Speaker 1: Let's even stand for Kevin. Let's see Kevin Ryan Turner five foot six.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: He did not want his middle name going out over the air on man Now, people are.
Speaker 2: Gonna find me, all right. It does say five eleven. Really, yep?
Speaker 1: How'd you pull that lie off? They got my eye killer wrong though? How tall a spider man?
Speaker 2: Five eight? I win? In Zinda's five ten?
Speaker 3: I saw five six and a half.
Speaker 2: I saw five six and a half too, though, so I didn't win. The Internet might be trying to help him out a little bit. Also, I don't take the Internet. I'm saying, this is a guy who bought a ring in the last year. Did he skimp out on his wedding ring? Because didn't say too much for mine? Why it didn't seem for Zindia? She should have the biggest or most impressive rock. How do you know what it is? Maybe I saw a picture of.
Speaker 3: It, but he didn't want one like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe she said, just save money on my ring and get you a c ring.
Speaker 2: Maybe she wanted hay like a Hay ring.
Speaker 3: Well, they were talking, so I stopped. Whatever I'm going to say is not.
Speaker 2: Important, say it.
Speaker 3: No, I was just gonna say. Maybe she just didn't want something huge and extravagant, because I don't know.
Speaker 2: They probably talked about it. Yeah, Kevin, I think he did it like in front of her family. They did it in front of frantic all that. It's also weird when he asked for her hand. I'm sorry what I don't think so, Spider Man.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, thank you for all that Hollywood news. Kevin, fantastic, all right, coming up, Naxon around the Sports. This is fascinating. This happened before the show. Katie told us that he has heard a new name as a head coaching candidate for the Dallas Cowboys, and it is a name that really shocked and surprised him and had him thinking. And he has refused to share it with us until he shares it with you on the radio. Next, do not miss this Next on The Benskin Show.