Speaker 1: You're listening to Big for Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's account is from a man who grew up with Bigfoot in his backyard and never stopped chasing the mystery. From screams in the night to broken branches deep in the Blue Mountains to a roadside encounter outside Packwood that left a family speechless. These are the accounts that Kevin is sharing that spanned decades. Somewhere in the middle of all these years, something happened that changed how Kevin looked at Sasquatch forever, and maybe it'll change you as well. This is one episode you won't want to miss, so stay with us, all right, Big for Society've got the privilege of talking to Kevin Kevin's I guess I could say Kevin is a friend in an individual that I met at the Sasquatch Summerfest festival in Oakridge, Oregon. I came over to the table and we started chatting, and he knows his stuff in multiple different ways. He's a lifelong Bigfoot researcher and also a pastor from Oregon, so really connected.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: But welcome to the show, Kevin. How are you doing today?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, fantastic looking forward to this absolutely. Man.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the map that you gave me right now. I'm gonna get it all up on the wall looking good. Had to send it in the mail from sisters and I was like, man, I hope, I hope this gets through. And it got through with no issues. So we are good there. But you know, Kevin, We've got a lot of ground to cover today. You have really been in it for a long time, and so I'm going to say, let's start with this. You know, what was it that first got you into the Bigfoot at into Bigfoot at a very young age?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's yeah, that's a good place to start. I believe it would have been about nineteen sixty seven sixty eight, right in there, and he had moved up from California. My dad was an optometrist, and we bought a place out on South Hill, pew Wallup, and at that time it was there were a huge set of power lines that ran by evergreen forests, but there really wasn't anything up there. It was just woods and I can remember the trees lining Meridian, which is the main drag that runs through pew wall Up and up over South hill and all the way out to the mountains, and it was just trees and big trees, lots of trees everywhere, and there were no housing developments. It was just this one housing development, and then there was another one to the west of us, too, but it was just uncut ground, uncut area. And we lived at the very back of this Evergreen Forest housing development. And Dad had bought a three bedroom, two bath with a garage home and it was right back on the corner. And I can remember playing in the woods and I just loved it there. I learned how to ride my bicycle. I can remember crashing on my bike a couple of times and getting pretty beat up. But the cool thing was my dad came in one night and he opened my bedroom window all the way and he said, listen to this, and outside we could hear this is what I call now their signal calls, and they're signaling one another figuring out what it was. They were figuring, I'm here where you at, and don't go wandering off and getting in trouble. That's what the signal call is. And it was it's kind of a beak and almost a almost sounds metallic. If you're really close to it, but it's a screen and it was echoing through the woods. And then another one different voice, and he said, those are bigfoot. That's what my dad told me. And I was probably seven at the time, maybe eight, And it was impressive because he would come in several nights a week and open my window and set by my dad wake me up, and we would listen to chatter, the samurai chatter. That was the first time I ever heard that, And you know, it was just it was cool because my dad would read the newspaper every night and he would pull bigfoot articles. This is this is now the late sixties, early seventies, and he would pull these articles that were common in the newspaper. People would send in their reportings. A reporter would go out and they would write a big article. And so we started keeping a scrap book together, my dad and I did about the big foot phenomenon. He was also interested in UFOs at the time and I wasn't at the time, but I mean, it was still interesting. But for him, he liked the bigfoot and the UFOs. He didn't ever tie them together. That would come years later where he would start to tie that together. But anyways, so that's how I got my start. And so all the articles I remember Pierce County Sheriff's Deputy, if they're still alive, they're probably listening to this, which is kind of interesting. But he stepped out of his patrol car at the end of a cul de sac of the housing development was starting to go in and there was still mostly woods in the area, and he got out to relieve himself, and as he was relieving himself, apparently he had actually relieved himself on a sasquatch that was in the brush right there, and it stood up to its full height and screamed at him. And it was one of those war screens. It's like that scene and Harry and the Henderson with the girl's hair goes flying. I could see the guy's hat anything go flying back. But anyways, he jumps back at his patrol car because this thing is going away from him and it's continuing to roar and to scream and to make all these this rackettest noise. I think that's a good word, rackettess noise. And he said, can you record this to the dispatch lady and she says, yes, I will, And that was the first of many of the pewall Up screams. Oh, and I still have an old copy of that from the dispatch, and it was a really clear because the animal was really close to him and his patrol car, and so it really came out pretty good and then it got quieter as it went. But the pewall Up screams, the Snahoma screams, the Ohio screams, I would say all of those are those signal calling where they're trying to identify where one another or at as they're feeding through the night, just trying to keep tabs on each other.
Speaker 1: So Kevin wrote real quick man that that is wild. Should is it like an old cassette you have that has that on it?
Speaker 3: No, I don't have that, but it's part of who is it that explain that to me? I think it was Bob Timmas Oh wow, Because Bob Titmus slept under a bunch of equipment out at South Hill Pewollip and he had the original copy cassette that they had recorded, but he went out and got his own that were just as good, and I think those are the ones that are on the BFR website. Still, the pewoll Up screams, they sound like coyotes going off, and I think that was Bob Titmas's recordings. I'm pretty sure. I mean, Bob's not around anymore to ask him, were those your recordings, because I can't quite remember, but it seemed to me like his were the ones that they used on the BFRL website.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I remember us talking about this at the festival, how you used to hang out with Bob Tiitmos, and I was just like, this is absolutely crazy. So this is like mid mid seventies that you're hanging out with Bob Timmos.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, this would come years later. Okay, Yeah, he was just living for me because I'd set in his kitchen and he would tell me stories about the past and anyways, he was talking about the Puolu and how that was one of his best because he was able to get really good recordings of these vocalizations. And the sasquatch would do a sounding and as they would do a sounding, the coyotes would just rrupt. They would just start hooting and hollering and yipping. The coyotes would and then the sasquatch would scream again, a sounding scream and in all silence right down all of this stuff and going, wow, I never even thought of that.
Speaker 2: That's incredible, that's.
Speaker 3: What and yeah. And then later he had mentioned to me that why do you think that the coyotes follow the elk? And I went, I don't know, I never thought of it. Said, well, the elk stir up the mice, and the coyotes are scooping up the mice as they're following the elk. And I went, WHOA, would that be the same thing with sasquatching. He's a bengo, you got it? Oh wow, isn't that awesome? But you know he's a tracker. He was the one that showed Jerry Crew how to pour the plaster of Paris castings of that first footprint that went on the AP in nineteen fifty eight and hit the Worldwide AP Service and showing him holding this big cast. And that's where the title Bigfoot came from, because it was on that article at AP wire. It came out about Jerry Crew and he was the head cat skinner there. He was the bulldozer driver clearing that road in Bluff Creek and made that casting after Bob told him how to do it. So he was the local taxidermist.
Speaker 1: Bob was a tax exactly right, right, And there's not I mean, you can find some info about Bob, but he never wrote a book or anything.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why that's why it's so important. He is mentioned in it. But when you can find more info about Bob, titmus it's very you can get very interesting.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 1: So you were in Pialla and then your dad is you know, listen to this. You've got the scrap book. You guys are you know, working through stuff? And then so does that set you on just a lifelong you know, Okay, I'm really going to figure out what this is. I'm totally into this bigfoot thing from there on out.
Speaker 3: No, I really don't think so. It was more like I was always fascinated with the subject, and you know, there would be in search of what them on and Lennard Nime why would come on? And all the TV stuff, And then you've got the thing down there in Louisiana, the Falk Monster and all of those things that a lot of the kids in my my age, even kids younger, would watch them because they would reshow them. But I remember going and seeing the legend of Bogey Creek at the Auburn Theater in Washington, and that was quite the thing. I came out of there really impressed. And I still had nightmares since I was growing up of a hand coming in while I was using the bathroom scared the whoopy. I don't know if you've ever seen that, Jeremiah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: It it really is talk about getting personal. But anyway, so for me, it was it was something my dad and I did together. I loved it. And then all of a sudden, they're just I didn't even really think about this, but they're just weren't any more newspaper articles coming out. And you know, I went up through junior high and high school and nothing. I go to college at Central Washington University on Ellensburg, Washington, and I'm playing football over there, and then I'm also becoming a teacher, studying to be teaching. My wife and I both were at that time. And my dad calls me on the phone and says, hey, there is a Tacoma News Tribune article today about a guy named Grover Krantz. He's a professor of Washington State University. My dad attended Washington State University. That was one of his colleges. But anyways, so he was pretty excited because he says, they're talking about dermal ridges. And I said, what are dermal ridges? And he says, well, why don't you go see if you can get a copy. It's today's paper, it's the Tacoma News Tribune, and you should have something there on campus. He said, just go up the library. And I say, I know right where the newspapers are. They have all the newspapers. So I went down to the library that evening and rode my bike down there and went up and talked to the library and she says, yeah, I've got the copy of the tant here. I got several copies of it. You want one? And I said, yeah, I love one, and so I did. I grabbed that original copy and I went home and I consumed him and I read it a second time. I read a third time, and I'm going, wow, this is cool. There's there's dermal ridges, there's fingerprints on the footprints. And in that article he was talking about Grover Krantz was they were interviewing him. They was talking about how he had contacted some of his sources that have lots of plaster casts and had them go through their collection. And when they did, they called me back and said, yeah, there's there's a good number of them that have fingerprints on them, because this guy didn't have any clue what they were. And the guy was Bob Chedmus. He had the world's large fats collecting, you know, he when he was young, he would he would go all over the United States poor cast teach people how to do that, but he would collect them and he even drained one of the ponds I think it was upon Blue Creek Mountain down in the Bluff Creek area. He drained the pond because he saw there were footprints and when he did he was able to cast leg and butt prints. So the Scukum cast that was taken in two thousand wasn't the first butt cast that had ever been taken. And then I met another guy who actually he didn't cast them, but he took lots of pictures and measured and put his AR fifteen down next to the to the butt prints. There were two butt prints in the snow. And this was in the Blue Mountains, really close to the ski area down there called Bluewood. And I was a skier too, so we'd be up skiing on the different I knew all the different ski areas, and in the summertime I would walk around some of these skiers and look for Sasquatch stuff like Stevens Pass no Qualmy paths. I'd be up at Alpa Pol climbing the hills because I love the hike and looking for Sasquatch stuff. I never found anything on those trips, but I've heard lots of great stories of people who go in and they clean those trails during the late summer to get ready for the ski season, and they do bump into them, or they actually found tracks in different evidence and so forth. So that's just fascinating to me coming from that that era. I was a ski instructor for a lot of years also, and then I raced up at Crystal Mountain Athletic Club up at Crystal Mount, Washington when I was in high school. But so I was always kind of tied to the Eskiri as well. Skiers right in the middle of Sasquatch country, especially in Washington.
Speaker 1: One hundred per one hundred percent, I mean you are right right there where where the action should be should be happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that launched everything and that article on Tacoma News Tribune started off with Grover Grants talking about something that happened on Tiger Canyon Road in the Blue Mountains next to a watershed. It was the Wall Wall Watershed and that at this place called Bear Saddle, which you don't find it on a map or anything. You just got to know where it's at. They found a bed. They found fifty sixty tracks, different size, three different individuals, which was amazing to me. And I mean, all this was in that article, that Tacoma Newstribune article that I went and got the CWU library that my dad told me to go check out, and all this information was there. And I can't even remember what there the week it was, but I made plans. I was taken off. I was cutting class on Friday and I'm hento the Blue Mountains. I want to go find this Tiger Canyon Road. And that really launched me into it. So here I am a college student, you know, football player at the university, and I'm running off to look for Sasquatch.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So you went after it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah I did. And I went down there by myself and then my brother was playing football at Walla Walla he was there on a scholarship too. He was a running back, and anyways, he went with me the second time I went up and we had some pretty amazing experiences up there. We found broken tree branches and this is on the north side. This was up by Stuart's cabin. They call it. It's up by Lewis Peak. Those that are from the Blue Mountains area, hey, you know it. And I ended up spending while I was in college, probably about four years, really doing in depth. Every other week I was down to the Blue Mountains again, my wife would go with me. And after a while, my wife said, I think they know when we're coming. They seem to be all gathered around our camp area and they'll vocalize, they'll leave footprints, they'll leave out gifts. All this stuff was going on in the eighties and I cast quite a few nice footprints from nineteen eighty seven forward. But that was in the Blue Mountains and I did a lot of study back there, a lot of running those trails. And that was when I was young, so I could I could move really good at that time.
Speaker 2: So what kind of no.
Speaker 1: We all are getting there? So what kind of gifts were you? Were you receiving in that area.
Speaker 3: It was interesting because I would walk along past something like a sawd off tree, and so you got a big tree trunk. And in the middle of that tree trunk. The next day there's a rock that's about six by six sitting on it. It's just a round river rock and you're up on the mountaintop and it's all jagged rocks up to there's no river rocks there. They carried that river rock from down to the south fork of the walla wall and put it on that stump for me, right and I had to walk by to go to my camp, and there's nobody else camp there. This was a d duck springs that happened. And I said, Alison, I think they left that rock for us, and she said, no, they wouldn't do that, and I said, well I would they. I didn't know anything about gifting and never heard anything about it, and so we would do things like we would make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and set it on the stump and it'd be gone. Well, you know, a bear could have got that or anything. We're looking around for sign maybe a raccoon grabbed it. You know, it could have been a raven because they're big enough to fly down and carry off a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But then if you do that and you have a rock setting there afterwards, that's pretty good indication there was an exchange.
Speaker 2: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: So you're having stuff happen at d Ducks Springs prior to when the Freeman Foodage was filmed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was usually our camping spot we would camp, and the reason is because the pond was nice. It was great for I mean, after two days you get pretty starchy, and it's kind of nice to be able to jump into the water that's deep enough that you can actually get cleaned up. So, yeah, we had a lot of activity there. We had a big stump. It was a cedar log of bullet and what they do is they take those in and they cut those into shingles or whatever. Anyways, it was by itself been there for years, and the dirt had kind of piled up around the sides of it, and the sasquatch had taken and got his fingers underneath it and flipped the thing over and then apparently was eating the bugs underneath it. That's the only thing we could figure and it looked like he worked over the log too, because there were like beetles and things like that all over. And I'm sure that was was just a snack form. But I had a great footprint, and that would have been June twelfth, nineteen eighty seven, and that was a cast of Earl. And I say Earl. I'm not even sure if it was West Summerlin or if it was Grover Krantz and Greg May that had named him Earl for sure, but it was the only time I ever saw his footprint, and I never cast it again, just that one time, and it was it's a very strange foot his. You know, a lot of people think that Sasquatch footprints are like ours, all the toes are together, But the majority of prints that you find there's going to be a lot of movement in the toes and a lot of spreading. Their feet are wild. They're not contained in a shoe, and so they don't become what would you say, confined, and our feet when we walk, we can see, you know, the peas of the pod going across it are all nice and neat, and they look like a human track. Well, you do get those with a Sasquatch. But their toes, I mean, they can pick up pencils and throw a match you with their feet if they wanted to. They're very They can do a lot more than we can because they've never had that restriction of shoes like we have. But yeah, so anyways, when I found that I cast that immediately West Summerland Swede recognized it. Sweet Summerland Grover. I showed him and he said, oh yeah, and then he pulls out a drawer full of about five or six casts that were the same one. And the track that I have is eighteen inches long. It's fairly good sized, and it's a narrow foot. And typically a narrow foot accompanies a female sasquatch, and that the males are a lot whiter in the feet. But this Earl guy, he has a real narrow foot, or had a really narrow foot at least in nineteen eighty seven he did. And then later up above DTA and if you look on a Google Maps or a topographical map USGS topic graphical map, you can see just above where the junction of Skyline Road and Tiger Canyon Road come together, and it is literally not even a quarter mile from d Duck Springs. You're really kind of in that area where several you have the Walla Walla Watershed, which is part of the drainage into that watershed starts right there at that junction of Skyline Road and Tiger Canyon, but also the south fork of the Walla Walla and also all the things flow off to the east there go down into the Milk Creek Canyon, which run into the Winnaha or the Wanaha River, depending on who you're talking to, So they pronounce it different over there, the Wanaha or the Wennaha. And I never did get a saul at which one it was. Dance Ortune would call it something else, and then Swede would call it. So I've got you guys are the locals, and you don't even call it the same anyway.
Speaker 2: That's really funny.
Speaker 1: Did you have any sightings during those college years prior to the nineties.
Speaker 3: No. Actually, the only time I can actually say I had sighting was when we were at Lake Plaza trailhead, which is in the Indian Heaven Wilderness above Scuok of Meadows, and it was early in the morning. It was not light, but it was kitting light. You could tell the sky was starting to change. It's kind of that tweener. And something went busting through the woods. It was right by our camp and I'm using the bathroom and I'm getting walking back to the tent. As I'm walking back, there's this loud noise and the first thing you think of is elk. But when you look at what's moving through the brush, you can't see. It's still too dark, but it's upright, and I'm going, well, that's not a human. And that was much bigger been a human anyway. And so I think at that point I could say that I actually had a sighting. And like like just like in the Blue Mountains, when we would go down to the Indian Heaven Wilderness and we would camp at the Lake Placid trailhead, we would have gift exchange. They would vocalize we learned a ton there and that was that was my favorite camp when we were in the in the Scuoka Meadow area and we had a lot of activity happened there over the years. What happened as as a school teacher and football would start typically around the tenth of August, you know, the eighth to tenth, the sixth, somewhere in there. So that last week in July and the first beginning of the first week in August, we would go up ten days, fourteen days. The kids because they would be in football when they got into high school, but we would go up there and we would camp during that time and pick wild huckleberries, and we'd look for sasquatch stuff and call blast and I'd get out call blasting speakers from the BFRO because I was part of the BFRO then, and my kids grew up thinking that you didn't just go camping somewhere, you went looking for Bigfoot. Don't doesn't everybody do that? No, it was just the Lindley family.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. And I can cut the name out too if we need to. I'm just reminding myself during editing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you don't need to. That's okay, okay, because it's it's a trail head that is really popular and the lake is beautiful. It's it's just a small lake. It's I don't think it's deeper than twelve feet at the deepest point, but it's warm water, great for swimming. And it was only about I'm thinking I was a half mile. I've been three quarters of a mile to the lake and then back out again and it's pretty flat and you're in all this big old girl timber. It's just beautiful in there. And so yeah, it's a great and it's that it's such a hotbed. That's whole Scuokum, the whole area, that Scuokam meadows area that drain comes into the Lewis River that is in Washington State. It's just a phenomenal place. So the Blue Mountains was a major research area from you, especially during college. But we would go back often, and that was where I met Paul Freeman too, and spent quite a bit of time with him. The whole time that I knew Paul, he was pretty much crippled. He couldn't get out and do what he used to do. And so I was the young kid and he would say, now, if you go right down there in the south Fork, he says you when you get down there, I once you get right in the bottom, there's a grassy area down and then there's usually footprints right along the south Fork. So go down and check that out. For me, I was the one with the mini backpack, threw it on and down over the hill I went. But that was when I was younger, Paul would sit and wait for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, my goodness, that is so wild. What So that's it was that late nineties.
Speaker 3: No, that would have been eighty. See, I was at Central I graduated in eighty eight and I started in eighty five at Central Wash University. So got my teaching degree and then started coaching football and track and teaching history. I was teaching history at Person. Later they switched me over to doing shops, so I did woodshop, metal shop, drafting, you know, all that stuff. So I loved teaching. Teaching was my thing. I did that for fifteen years. And I've told people before that I didn't leave teaching because I didn't like it. I loved teaching. It was. It was really awesome for me. And those were some of my most productive years with Sasquatch research too, because of students. My goodness, I had ears everywhere. You know, You've got I don't know, one hundred and twenty kids that are seeing your class every day, and you're living in a place like Morton, Washington, where I was teaching, and the Sasquatch activity was just all the time. I mean, it was absolutely phenomenal. Some of the stories that I've got from from those years when I was teaching, So Morgan kind of became the Highway twenty twelve corridor kind of became the research area later. But when I was in the Blue Mountains, it was when we were in college, and so that would have been from eighty eight to about eighty six. I think eighty six to eighty eighty eight. Yeah, that would be right, because it was December of eighty eighth that I graduated, so did my student teaching I was done.
Speaker 1: So just to make sure that I have this correct. So you were hanging out with Paul Freeman prior to when he recorded.
Speaker 2: The video in ninety two.
Speaker 3: Yes, when that was recorded, I knew right where it was. I know that tree. As a matter of fact, the stump that Earl ripped out of the ground to eat the bugs underneath it is lane right in front of that tree it walks by, looks like a Christmas tree. That's it's right below there. After he ripped it out of the ground, that somebody cut it up and used it for firewood. Right there, there's kind of a cool little campground just right there where the sasquatch went into the brush and then picked up the baby. I don't know if you've talked about that at all or anything else, but there's definitely a baby there, and nobody knew about that for years. I'm not even sure. Michael Freeman and his book talks about it and then has a picture of it and what he shows on his little barcodes in his book. Oh my goodness, that was so well done, and I'm really proud of Michael. Michael was just a little kid though, when I knew his dad, and usually the first place I would go is I would go over to West Summerland's house because I always knew I had to bed there if I needed a place to stay. And the next place that goes over to Paul's. And when I came into town, I would usually call Paul and he'd come over to West's and so we'd all be there together and we'd spend time. But they were kind of my action. Later Vance Orchard would come into the scene, but that would be a few years later. They would talk of me, but we hadn't met or anything, so that would come later.
Speaker 1: So you're saying that before in the late eighties, there was a time when Paul wasn't able to move around. He would have you guess certain areas and you would do it. Okay, okay. At a later time he was able to record the footage. Yeah, yes, okay.
Speaker 3: That was much later. Yeah, he walked around with the cane even then when I was in college back in the late eighties, and he was pretty much stoved up. I mean, he knew right where to go. His map on the wall at Cliff Barackman has now down at his mount Hood museum, and but that was his his map, and he had that on his wall, took up a whole wall, and I copied Paul. I went and got a bunch of USGS maps of areas that I would be researching, like scucer meadows, and I'd put them on my wall. And I remember when we bought this house here in Roseberg, my wife said, you can't put maps on the wall here, honey, I love you.
Speaker 2: Just one, just one wall.
Speaker 1: No, So anyway, yeah, no, no, that's true though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, so me mullti filed with a map.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you've got the time when you're hanging out with Freeman, and then after that then you move up to Morton to become a school teacher, where then to have the kids bringing you in these accounts all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Yeah, I mean story after story. You know. I saw where John and Sarah Brown in Highway Highway twelve quarter, which was really well done, and I know at least two of those are my my research that they pulled from that. And then they were talking to Taylor what's his first name something Taylor, And I guess he's the biggest BFR Scott Taylor, Thank you. He's the biggest BFROX investigator in Washington. He's done more investigations than anybody. I'd like to meet the guy, but I would like to compare notes more than anything. Because I got when the Chronicle, which is the newspaper, it's a local newspaper from Centralli and Shahalis did the interview with me. I took my BFRO work because the BFR, when you put an investigative report in, you might get one out of ten that actually goes on the website. So nine of those are setting out there in what's called the flats, and the flats are the real the real dot documentation what's going on in an area, and you don't get that. You only get like a taste and they'll put more recent ones up too, and they'll take some of the older ones off. But then you're kind of losing some of the importance of where you're seeing characteristics repeat themselves over and over, and if you're doing research on that and you're trying to just you know, learn more about the actual family group that you're that you're researching, you lose a lot of that because history they just keep repeating. It's just like we do we have family traditions, and so do they, and so there they have patterns that you can see in areas that are unique to that group, even though they're the same with groups all across the United States and probably around the world that are very similar. In a family group, they all have little nuances. Some family groups hate humans and don't want anything to do with them. Other ones think it's fun to play games and you know, doing pranks on you. Others like the gift. They all have different things. Some of them like to sing, apparently, the ones that are down by John and Sarah Browns. I've listened to some of their recordings that they've gotten, and that fascinates me because I've never been around singing sasquatches. If I did, it would have been when I was a little boy on South Hill Pewallup, because they had stuff that sounds like John and Sarah's where it's almost like there's a female singing, and I don't I think the males probably sing too, But I was just really fascinated listening to John and Sarah talking about the singing that they were recording, and then listening to it, I'm going, you know, that might have been out there in South Hill Pewallup. We may have had that singing going on too. But each family group point is, each family group is so unique to itself, and generations pass and they're still doing the same type of things. Then there's another thing that happens. If you've got a research group and it seems to be really open and all of a sudden, everything closes down and stops. Typically what's happened is whoever the lead female, the dominant male is, they've passed away. And now the policy changes, and usually it'll be the policy changes to whether it's going to interact with humans or not. And for the most part, they really are scared of us because we do stupid stuff. We get scared and then we shoot and when don't we worry about asking questions later. We just shoot. But that's the bad thing for him. And so a whole tribe, a whole family group of Sasquatch can turn on you, and all of a sudden, your research area is really worthless because they're not going to interact with you anymore because someone's passed away in the family and they don't approve of that anymore. So it's kind of like our families, not much different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure I'm gonna hold off on that question for later. So then, so you have this time where you're a teacher, you're getting reports. Did you get any reports out of Packwood?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, yeah, really good, really good reports out of Packwood. That's kind of an interesting area because there's multiple rivers that come together in the Packwood area, especially upstream from Packwood. But man, I've got some that are just astounding. Let me give you this a real quick example. There are two teachers from I believe the South Kidsap School district. One of them taught the high school, and I think it was the husband. He was like a football coach like I was, and his wife was a middle school teacher, and so they have a cabin. Their family has a cabin over over the other side of White Pass. What's the big lake over there before you get to Yakama. Of course it's Uh. I can't think of the name of the lake. There's a great big lake there. Anyways, there's cabins and stuff and they have a cabin there. So they were on their way to this cabin. They had two kids, and each of their kids had a friend with them, so there are four kids in the car. It was a mini van. And as they got out of Packwood, they were talking. They're good excited because they know they're going to go for White Pass. It had just gotten dark, the sun had just gone down, and as they're going up the road, there was a sasquat standing by uh right along the side of the road, and it was about eight feet tall. Black. The headlights hit it, lit it up, and they went by it without even slowing down, and the whole car just went silent. When they supped, they were all talking and they were excited about going to the cabin and they're going to be a White Pass pretty soon and it's getting dark and it's just the electricity and the car was phenomenal, but they all went silent when they saw this thing standing by the side of the road, lit up by the headlights, and they went by it about ten feet away from it, you know, going fifty five miles an hour, and immediately they got maybe fifty yards down the road, they'd got to a stop and they flipped around. But as they did that, another car went past them, going the opposite direction, and they looked in the head and its brake lights came on and it slowed down. They flipped around, got in behind the other car and started going back to see if they could see it again. And they were all looking now on the left side instead of the right side, but it had crossed the road and it was on the right side now. And the wife said, I was in a passenger seat, and if my window was rolled down, it was walking so close to the line on the side of the road that I could have reached out and slapped its leg as we went by. And when they went by, the kids all said they could see the hair part, the long hair part as they went by from the car. And it was only going about thirty miles an hour at that point. It's going slow, but that's how close it was. To the road and they all saw it, all four kids and the two adults. And these are two school teachers. And I won't mention names.
Speaker 1: Right right, that's incredible, that is I mean, I've also heard there was an interview on the show where very similar where gentlemen was just driving through this Packwood area and death there was one right there, right on the side of the roads. Is so crazy, dude, my goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. There's a place up there called Palisades and it's where the rock formations. It's really cool geological place. But the rock formations go up along this cliff, this huge cliff. And someone said that they did the rock not rock, but Sylvester Stallone's movie First Blood, when he's hanging off those palace, that's that's the Palisades. That's right there. After we get about Packwood and anyways, that area, there was a guy from Washington State Universe who's coming home from college. It was, you know, December. He's off for school and he's going back I believe to Seattle. Maybe he was going to tom I know he was going somewhere in the Pewtetownd area and that's where home was. And as he comes around the corner. This is up by palisades. He sees a bear squatting in the middle of the road, and it's it looks really funny the way it said. He's never seen a bear look like that before, and he's seen lots of bears, he said, and he's a hunter. Anyways. The thing is, he got he's slowed down because he wanted to really look at the bear. I mean, it's like two o'clock in the morning, there's nobody on the road. There's nobody there, and it's like December, and the thing stand up on two legs, turns and looks at him, and it's in the headlights, so he's getting a good look at it again. This is right a palisades, just above Packwood, and he he slowed down to almost a stop, and the thing finally turned, took one step and then another step over the guardrail and went down over the hill where the embankment is going down into that river down below. And he backed up to the spot where it was because he thought he saw something. And he looked and it had peeded in the middle of the road, and the pea was running down the road towards the side, you know, because the road slopes on those high high speed corners of the stuff, there's a slope to it, and the pea is running down in streams like a little river. And it was like a confirmation. I did just see that. I did, And he thought it it's funny that it was squatting. He was always wondering if it was a female, but there was no indication it was a female. It didn't look like it had breasts or had any shape to it. When I talked to him. He was talking to him on the phone, and you could tell his voice was quavering. The fear was coming back what he had experienced that night, and that almost a terror, and it was in his voice. You could hear it. I says, you sound shook up, and he says, yeah, I'm reliving it. So yeah, things like that. You watch people's are you listen to the way they're talking, and you can hear a heightened sense of urgency all of a sudden, as it all comes rushing back to him and they're remembering that night. In nights, the smells everything that that was involved in that, and sometimes they come to tears. As you're doing investigative work and talking with people it's pretty interesting. It can be quite like changing.
Speaker 1: It really can be. In especially when you're able to talk to that person face to face and they're right in front of you. It can get very intense very quickly. I remember that from my first year at Oakridge. So then after that is that when you start getting involved with the bf R O. Then after that period.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. Boy, there was a lot that happened when I got into the BFRO that was, like I say, it's a it's a mini chapter in the right chapter. But it was at that time I'd been involved with just a lot of people and not really an organization. I didn't want to necessarily be attached to anything. I had a guy who was a weather man up in Seattle and his name was Bevitocaranta. I don't know what happened to him. I tried to find him, but I can't find him. He had a buddy named Steve Hack who saw a sasquatch over in the Potholes Reservoir in Washington, out in the middle of the desert, walking along the ridge line as he was fish as he was crappie fishing out on Pottles Reservoir, and he was with several people, so all three of them saw it, and you know, you could see they had shorter legs, long body, long arms down to the knees walking along this ridge. It walked like a human, but it didn't walk like a human. And at that point he got involved in this. His name was Steve Hack, and so veto and Steve kind of joined me, and they kind of kept me tied in because at that time I was involved with school at the university, and so we at that point we went more universal. I mean, we would go down and we investigate stuff down by Mount Hood, we'd be up by Steven's Pass, we'd go up to the Mount Baker area. There were just other places that I took them because I was aware of what had happened up at Scenic multiple times with my cousin who lived up there with her family and raised four kids up there at Scenek her her husban and worked on the was it the Pacific the Great Northern Railway anyways, the big tunnel that goes through Steven's Pass goes underneath the rocks and pops out the other side, and the ski resorts up on top. Anyways, they lived right there at scenic and they had sasquatch. Stuff happened all the time today, So I took them up there. I took Steve and Vido up there and showed him this area. Well after that they would make return trips up there. And just shortly after that, there was a guy that was camped out in his I think it was a station wagon, and he had he had the tailgate of the station wagon down the old station wagons, and he had his sleeping bag and he was sleeping back there and he had his feet out towards the out and then his head was inside in case it rained. You know, if your speed get wet, no big deal. But he's sleeping in his car, and a sasquatch grabbed him by the feet in his sleeping bag and rip him out of the station wagon and drug him across.
Speaker 4: The dirt this camp area, and then left him there and just started jabbering, I'm doing that right, chatter as it's walking away.
Speaker 3: It's like, okay, now you get out of here.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's really not funny, But in a way kind of is because I get I laugh when.
Speaker 2: I'm neus, But my goodness, that's wild.
Speaker 3: I know. So Vito and Steve, they started they started cruising up there a lot more without me once I showed him that area.
Speaker 2: So did you get to talk to that guy?
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, I didn't. That was just a report that came through and that might have been you know that that was all pre b f R. So I'm not sure how I got that information, but it was fascinating. I don't think I got it. I think Steve and Vito got it. And I had just showed him the the area of the scenic area, and how my cousin's stories about sasquatches when maybe out picking huckleberries, and and they'd be right in the patch with them, the sasquatch would be on the other side picking berries, and they'd be on one side all the kids, and Mom would just okay, I want everyone just to slowly pick berries, and let's back out of this patch. It doesn't belong to us, it belongs to this thing. And all the kids would do it, Mom said, And I think that they had some interesting things to my one of my cousins, she's just really fascinating with the whole sasquatch thing, and she'll call me and talk to me about it every once in a while and her husband just puts up with their kind of like my wife does me. She grew up there on the up in the scenic area by Steven's Past, okay, and so she was pretty much into it like her mom was a But all the brothers and stuff, I don't think they could really care less. And again I grew up I was all about Bigfoot. My dad was too, And so we'd sit there and listen to Judy tell all the stories about what had happened. Other things too, like running a bear off or porch and electrifying the garbage can to get the bear to leave it alone. That worked anyways. Just living out in the mountains, I mean, if you're living it, you know, three thousand and thirty five hundred feet elevation, and you got a railroad going by all the time and sasquatches around, you're not to mention bears. It's pretty pretty interesting for stories, just regular life stories.
Speaker 1: I learned that after I left Oakridge and start driving around how high the cascades really are. You're not up in them when you're in Oakridge, but when you start crossing the cascades, it's a whole different ball game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it passes forty five hundred feet and five thousand feet some of them. I know it's close to six thousand down by Diamond Lake and Crater Lake and doesn't look like that. And you know, now that's kind of where I have focused my attention. Had we had I got to reconnect again with Jeff Meldrum and at the Glide Sasquatch Festival, and I had been let's see, this is my fourth year I attended that. I was there for the very first one. I was the only one that got there, and I had clap plaster cast, I had Sasquatch stuff, and it wasn't really about Sasquatch. They were just using that to raise money for the fire victims, right and the people there, So they continued to do that. That's what it's. That's where the money goes. But I was the only one there, and so I come in with my six suitcases of casts because before this I used to go It's I don't even know how it started, but I started doing universities and it started out I lectured in front of the whole anthropology department over at Eastern Washington University. But Central I started. Maybe it's central right where I was going to school, because I know I did several of them there where I would do the you know the halls, they would have a hall and then they would advertise me. I would say, that's the only thing. I don't want any pay. I'm not doing this for money, but I am doing this for reports, and I would like to get as many reports as I can while i'm here. So I want you to advertise, and I want you to take out an advertisement and be running that advertisement for at least a month before I give my presentation. I want people coming in from outside. And they were always standing room only. I mean it was just packed and people would come in because people have seen these things and just looking at the advertisement, they would think, you know, maybe this is where I can get this off my chest. And they would come in and they were it's almost like a confession, but yeah. And so they would come in and I would get all these reports. And that was really good with Vito and Steve because they could follow up a lot more effectively than I could. Have more time free time that they could do that. But with three of us going at it, you know, Steve would take one and I would take one, and veto would take one and then we'd we'd go and we talked to him, call him on the phone, get information, go out and meet him at the spot, and so there was always something going on. We were pretty active at that time. This was all before the VFRO. Then I'm trying to remember when Russ's or when ray Crow's Bigfoot conference in Hillsborough was. He probably had several of them there. I only went to one, but that was where I met Bob Titmas and at that meeting, Rick Noll and Tom Powell and Jeff Lentley would recommend me to Matt Moneymaker to become an investigator with the BFROS. So I'm thinking it was ninety nine that took place. But as they were cleaning up and people were picking up chairs and picking up tables, I sat right there it Ron mooreheads booth, and he and I talked for two hours. He was a Christian, I'm a Christian, and we're talking about Jesus Christ, but we're talking about sasquatch also and what he felt they were. And at that point I was very very strong, this is gonna be maybe one of your questions. I was very strong into the gigantopithecus. I believe this was a biological hair leaves, you know, scat. You can hear them. The evidence is obvious that this is a physical being. There's I still believe that today this is a physical being we're dealing with. But he was telling me about you know, Genesis chapter six, verse four. But actually Genesis chapter six all the way through about eight it talks about this inner coupling of fallen angels with human women and producing an offspring called the Nephelin. And its kind of interesting today. I pulled up the Passion translation just wanted to see what it said about it. And it's interesting because in verse two it says, I'm reading right from the Passion. Divine beings found them very appealing talking about the women, the daughters of men, and so they took the women they wanted as their wives. And Ya always said, my spirit will not strive with humanity, and definitely for their mortal and the lifespan shall be shortened to one hundred and twenty years. Back then and later there were giants on the earth who were born as a result of this unholy union of heavenly beings with human daughters. And they were the mighty ones of old, the warriors of renowned, And that's actually that's verse four where it talks about that, and then they talk about how mankind was evil all the time, and so God brought the flood. The point is is that that was Ron's position, and he was trying to explain to me and convince me. And then he talked about the Anakin and he started going down the list of all these different names that the Nephylin went by afterwards, because you know, Goliath and David, that whole story that was he was part of the Anik family, and the Anek were part of the Nephilin. They were the sentence of the nephilin anikwork. And then there was the Edomites and they were giants, and the Edomites were actually referred to as harry beans. And then if you read in the Book of Enoch, there we go, right. So the Book of Knock has quite a bit of reference to it as well. Also, Arba was the father at Kyria, and he was the greatest amongst the Anakites, and it was said that he was as tall as eighteen feet according to the Book of Enoch, eighteen feet tall. That's that's it's amazing. I mean, Goliath was like nine feet tall, so to have this arba of the Anakites being eighteen feet tall, that's just scary. Take how big man's hands would have been. But anyway, so that's the biblical account. And Ron was really trying to convince me that's what it was. And I just I left there just shaking my head, saying he's deceived. It's definitely a gigantapithe because it's you know, it's a big ape and out there in the woods. And I have since changed my mind. I came to the realization when because one of the things that he had talked about was that the day's going to come with this DNA. He said, that's where it's going to be. It's going to be in this DNA. And when they discover this, they're going to find out that they've got a hybrid that's part human in part fallen angel. And they don't say that. They say that the nuclear DNA is actually no, they don't know what it is. It's higher than anything they've ever seen. There's nothing on Earth that compares to it. It is totally unique. But the mitochondrial DNA that comes from the female is one hundred percent human. So now what Ron had told me was not only true, but it's being repeated scientifically, which is important for the scientific method. You have to have a hypothesis. Then your hypothesis has to be able to be tested again and again, and you should be able to repeat the test. It shouldn't be a one time thing. And that's what they're finding is the more DNA samples that have been tested, you know, by the Olympic Project and those guys over there, Derek Randalls and his group than Melba Ketchum, and there's there's other geneticists that have been involved in that had an interesting discussion. I probably shouldn't with the geneticis I'll just say that. And his his comments were about Melba, that she created a lot of enemies and that she never had before before, that she was a renowned geneticist, but then when she started to get involved in the the bigfoot stuff, it turned on her. But the problem was she didn't even know she was getting involved with the bigfoot stuff. They kind of tricked her into that, but hers came back being it was one hundred percent mitochondrial human and that the nuclear DNA was from something they've never seen before. It's off the charts. And the sequencing that they did in the DNA sequencing was astounded. When when I talked about getting in with the BFROL, that was that was good because they got me organized. That was where I really started taking what Steve and Vito and I had put together and doing our reports, and they did it cleaner and better. The only problem I had with it is my reports. The majority of went into the flats for Lewis County, in King County, in Pierce County, and these counties that I that I grew up in in South Hill, pew Wall Up. I mean I continued to have my fingers dabbled out down there too, or up there, I should say. But I lived in Massi Rock for fourteen years and I taught schooled in Morton, and we had lots of Sasquatch activy happening around there all the time. So when the Browns came out with John and Sarah Brown came out with their Highway twelveth thing, I was so excited because I knew exactly some of the places where they were talking about. One of the couples that lived in a trailer I know right where that junction is. I packed parked my car there and then walked up the road where there's a gate and I shot a really nice three by three mule there, or not mule there. It was a blacktail right up that road. But I've hunted in that area. I know it. I know where the the duck ponds are there. And Morton there's a little pond right up by the turn off where you go up to the backside of Peterman Hill, and that's there's that pond down in there has had all kinds of sasquatch activity because they'll they plant trout in there, so people will get in, go down fish around this pond, excuse me, and it's probably about I wanted to say, it might be two or three acres of water as far as surface water would go. And so it's always it's always good or actually plant it. But people been run out of there by sasquatch. And you know, it's like getting in to the evening or its first thing in the morning and they end up not fishing there because something didn't want them to, throwing rocks at him and sticks at him and screaming at him. And you know, the roaring scream, that roaring scream that they give off.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh it just it's wards.
Speaker 2: You it does. Yeah, I've heard it. Yeah, yep. I was passed out.
Speaker 3: It's like a dinosaur. I've heard people describe it that one. Yeah, that's pretty good. Scratch a dinosaur and uh wow. Yeah. So anyways, they would run them out of that little pond right there on Peterman Hill and people that are from the Morton Mossy Rock area.
Speaker 1: There's there's something I want to backtrack a little bit to just to clarify. So when we were talking about the DNA studies and so the results of the Ketchum study, are you also saying that other people got that same result as well from their studies or that was just from No.
Speaker 3: That's developing now, that's going on now, And that's that's what I found out.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Really that's that's Yeah, there's there's more going on. I mean, there's people who are afraid to go where others have gone before them to be ostracized, can run out of the community of the geneticist.
Speaker 1: There's no way this is public Like, this is not this can't be publican but this would be way bigger, right.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's huge. It basically seals the deal. The Sasquatch is real. It's over if they would just accept the results. And that's one of the things is if people who are like double checking what Melbourn did and they're running their own testing and running their own sequencing, they're finding the same thing. And then there's been other labs that have found the same thing, and they're going, well, our sample was spoiled. It had human DNA in it. Well, yeah, they don't. They haven't studied Melbourne work. Because the mitochondrial DNA is one hundred percent human. The nuclear DNA is something we don't know what it is, but spoiled because human interaction has caused that ample to be spoiled. It's human tissue that they're they're registry. Well that's what they should. So is this.
Speaker 1: Is this just stuff you've heard or you've actually read this somewhere? Who the who the other people are are getting these same results.
Speaker 3: I've gotten it from multiple sources. I think that the biggest one is the guy who's passed away a cancer. Steve talks about him all the time. To Carpenter, Scott carpenter who just passed away, and he's he you can actually get his stuff still. His son is still running his Website's his stuff. Yeah, he looks like him. My goodness, sounds like tell that's the son. But anyways, Uh, he really broke it down the best I've ever heard it to understand it. I've also heard Todd Standing talk about it. I've heard other people including I talked to Jeff Mildram about it in pretty good detail. We had our booths right next to each other two years ago up at Glyde and saw her was asking him a lot of questions about that, because he does genetic sequencing as well, he's very aware of how that all works. And he said that a lot of it was because she was self publishing. People are using herself publishing as a reason to see They never complained about herself publishing before. It was only after the sasquatch samples came out. Now all of a sudden that that's illegal. You can't do that. You got to have other people publish for you, and you can't do it yourself. But she's been doing it for years and it was always accepted, and so you know, she she is was a well well known geneticist, and she basically has been thrown under the table, thrown under the bus, whatever you want to call it, because of her stance on this. And so yeah, it's too bad. But at the same time, it's gonna come out and there'll be more people, there'll be more studies. But part of the problem and I really feel this is true. This might answer another question you probably have. I really feel it's economic more than anything. The reason the sasquatch has not been declared a species and the government's hiding it because it would destroy vast portions of economies around the United States and in Canada, the logging industry, the mining industry. There would be that they would shut down the forest because of it. And the last thing they need is more hindrance of the government trying to protect you know, a spotted hour or a little darter fish. And now you put the sasquatch in there, something that may be part humid the hybred, and I just see the government wanting to cover it all up. Talk about it now, there's nothing to see here, just keep walking. But yet there's tons to see and the evidence is so overwhelming. But at the same time, you know, it would just it would just tear our economy apart and the whole town's and would have to close up because you know, you rely on the log industry or the mining industry or whatever it happens to be. And the Pacific Northwest is riddled with resources, amazing resources that we have accessible. But once the Bigfoot is cataloged as a as a creature that's real, the protection for them will be the next step, and then that's where the economy gets destroyed. You can't let that out.
Speaker 1: When you were in the BFRO, Is there an event that you were involved with that really sticks out that you're like, I can't believe that I was involved with that event in history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that. My family and I doing our annual late July going into August Huckleberry and Sasquatching. One of the year after it would have been I think it was two thousand and twenty two, two thousand and one, we were there and they did that was when they had started the filming on Sasquatch Science Meets Legend, and I was involved with the whole crew there and behind the scene my kids. It'd be in the truck with me and they'd fall asleep because it's like two o'clock in the morning. We're call blasting and doing night walks and they're sleeping in the truck. But they lived through all of that. But yeah, that was that was It was the year after the Scoo Combe cast, which they poured that scookom cast in two thousand and so the site we were right on site and filming. I was in the background. I was part of that, and we had a balloon, a large balloon that was tethered at one of the camps and that we could raise it way up with you know, with infrared and night vision stuff on it, so they could and they would pan the area. But the Sasquat seemed to know what we were doing and they stayed out of reach. However, we had lots of whoops during that time when we were doing filming that We had tons of people coming up and giving us stories after story. Campers were coming up there and you know where we were camped and where they set up their camp. I was actually over at the Lake Placid trailhead my family and I and we would just come over and join them during the day and then the night I would go join them and the rest of the camp. Most of my family would be sleeping, except maybe one or two boys. I want to go to Dad, and of course they'd fall asleep in the back of my pickup truck, but that was fine. But anyways, during that time, that area is called the Crazy Hills. You got Scuoka Meadows right there, and then you've got the Crazy Hills just below it. It's actually above it, and that's where we were lifting that balloon up. And it was interesting the first time I drove in there with the BFRO and this was before we this would have been snow was just coming off those high hills around Crazy Hills, and we couldn't get all the way in, but we got most of the way in. At least we made it to the creek. There were scook of meadows drains out of the meadow itself, and that's as far as we could get with the snow still. But the first time I went in there, here's this camp, this beautiful expensive dome tent, and there was all this camping equipment that was just stung all over in this camp area. And someone left all their stuff never came back for it, which is a story you hear lot and it was in the Crazy Hills, and those campers were gone and left all that expensive equipment looked to me like it was new. And then over the next couple of years it all kind of stayed there and the grass grew up around it. And you know the tent that was brand new when I first saw it, it was faded and things were getting torn and the animals, I guess were chewing on it and so forth. But all this equipment was left behind. They're in the Crazy Hill. Something ran them out, and it was obvious they never came back for it. That was right where we were doing all that that stuff for Sasquatch science meets legend. Wow. And that was when I got to meet a lot of people. When I joined the b f R, I got I got to spend time with Derrek Randalls up on the mountain camping and Jeff Linley Tom Powell. These guys were kind of the Bigfoot people. Rick no man, he he was awesome and I learned a ton from him. The other one was doctor Leroy Fish out of Oregon State University, and he was really into the Sasquatch stuff too, and so enjoyed that meeting Doug hihcheck Autumn Williams. That was all part of that BFR thing that we were doing at the time. I found two beds. One I didn't find. I didn't find any of them. I had people point them out to me, saying, hey, you need to go up here, there's a there's a bed there, And so I would go check them out, and sure enough there was a bed. When one of my football players found a bed up above Mossy Rock, overlooking Mossy Rock, he went in the backside by Morton, but now you can go in the front side because they've opened They've opened the gate that used to be locked. But there was a huge bed. I was. I was astounded. And one of my football players told me about this. He didn't give me much detail. He just said, hey, we were up scouting for deer and we found a bed and this is how you get in there. And he drew a quick back before me, handed me the paper and left. I didn't know much more, so I went. I followed his directions and went right to the spot. It's this giant cliff, probably one hundred and twenty foot drop rock face and up in the woods above it, it's on a steep hillside and they're trees that are Oh, they weren't reprod. These were some good sized trees. They were probably, you know, twenty four inches eighteen inches through, and they had woven a bed on this steep hillside, making that spot level. And it was probably twelve by eight feet that they had made this thing. People asked me, was their hair in it? I looked at it really close, and I couldn't find any hair. To me, it looked like they had made it and hadn't slept in it yet. In other words, they got caught making the bed. And when I saw this thing, I'm going, WHOA. I didn't have a camera, we didn't have phones that worked like that then, and I went back and got my camera. We went back up the next day and it was gone. The remains of it. You could seem way a blow one hundred and twenty feet down there was a pile of sticks and brush and furboughs. Yeah, they had pushed it off. They had to first of all unweave it from the trees that were there, and then push it all off. They probably did it really fast because there's some big you know, they it's not that big of a deal for them, But for me, it would have taken me probably an hour or two to get that thing chewed up. And I would have wanted a buck saw in a couple of things, because they were really locked together, it was woven. And yeah, that was I was in the BFR at that time too, and so yeah, that bed. And then the other one that I saw was the one that was at Bear. This is back in the Blue Mountains again, right, and it was in the watershed. You're not supposed to be in the right, at the top of the hill, and so it was the high point right where the intake trail is where they rode the horses to make sure people weren't going in and out of the watershed. And just down on the tree line below the ridge top was this well constructed bed. It had been there were pieces of it still that were constructed. The rest of it had been taken apart. And they did find hair in that, and Grover Krantz and his team with Greg May and the rest of them took most of the stuff back to the university, back to Washington State University for further study. But I never did hear what the results of that were. It just that the bed was, that it was a bed, and that it was legitimate. But I can see how they constructed it. When I saw the other one in Washington, up above Morton and Mossy Rock, it was the same kind of structure. It was they had done the same thing. They were weaving this thing together, and it was it was interesting because it would take hands to do that. You would have to have the extery of a hand to be able to form that kind of a structure. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I nest It's just wild.
Speaker 1: It's it's wild how in this subject history kind of repeats and people forget stuff that has happened before, and then oh, look what these guys felt. Well it's kind of been found before in that sort of hold. Yeah, it's very very interesting. It's worth it.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, yeah, but it's there. It's been going on for years.
Speaker 1: So I want to get back to the nephylum thing for a minute. So I'm going to go down the road with you for a bit. Okay, So how does it? So let's say, if these are nephilim, and so we're saying nephilim are not good, they are very dangerous.
Speaker 3: Correct, Now you're getting into something.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well I haven't even to stopped the question yet, so I know, but I know.
Speaker 3: We're so then go ahead.
Speaker 1: So it's like, so, why then are we going, uh, why are we trying to figure out? It seems like a very dangerous proposition both to us, to humans physically and spiritually.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it can be. Okay, I when I when I look at yeah this, you're dealing in the spirit realm, but you're also being dealing in the human realm. And that's the part humans have a hard time with because we try to separate the spirit from the flesh, but they're both, and the Native American believe it that way. And if you're a Jew, the cultural Jews, the the Jews see it as the spirit and the body are not. You can't separate them out. We in the Western world try to separate that out, but the Sasquatch would never do that. And just like us. Now, I'm gonna say this because I think it's important to kind of give lays that foundation. Ron Moorehead told me back then, and I just read it again in his book on the Quantum Bigfoot, and he makes the come in and there and there It was because I've said this before too, and it's that when we fell in the garden, when we sinned and we did what God told us not to, we believe the devil. You know that did God really say? He questioned what God said, and then we disobeyed. There had to be a conce sequence for us to be a sension being. We had to be able to choose. If we didn't have a true choice, then there couldn't be a real relationship between God and us. But He is the God of relationship. Now how does that tie over to the Sasquatch, to the Bigfoot? I think it ties over perfectly. I think that the human side of them are just like us. We are longing for a relationship with a creator, with a God who has a beginning, who has an end, who gives us an identity. But when you have the nephilim, you have pure rebellion and witchcraft, and you have because which witchcraft is is the controlling, trying to control your environment. And that's that's where you're not trusting God. You're trusting in a spirit realm that is real. I mean, I do deliverance ministry. I've seen people say free left and right. We've had all kinds of supernatural things. I believe it signs wonders, miracles, and healings, and I believe that we had the same things that the Sasquatch have today and we've lost it because of the fall and because of sin. The God intended us to be as the Sasquatch still are in a lot of ways, but to worship him and not to turn from him. So saying that someday we're going to have a glorified body and all of those things that we lost are going to be restored to us. And I could probably just read through the quote that might be the best way to do it. It says the attributes. This is Ron Morhead. The attributes could entail the ability to work within the quantum level of consciousness. Now, for a lot of our listeners, they're going to have to look at quantum level of consciousness just as humans, in my opinion, were originally designed to do the Sasquatch. In other words, Ron is saying have an ability in a quantum level of consciousness. That Ron then goes on to say, just as we humans had at one time before we fell into sin.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, okay, that's huge.
Speaker 3: That's huge because that's why someday we stepped back into it with the glorified body. And now people say, well, how can you say that so authoritative? In two thousand and one, I died three times. That's why I left teaching and coaching, because God called me into the ministry at that time. And I've been in the ministry for twenty two years now, but he he said, you're going to leave teaching and coaching and you're going to follow me in the ministry, and you're going to do it and you're going to teach people to know me as you know me, Kevin. And so that was my call into the ministry. When I look at the Sabsquatch and I'm seeing this mix of human and fallen angel and I'm seeing they have what we once had. But yet here's the other part, because I almost need to shift because I feel like I'm going down the wrong trail. It's I believe the human side of them long for the things of God, just like we do. But I believe that the occultic side is also drawing them stronger than we do. And we are really drawn to the occult, we are really drawn to the spiritual side, but only the spiritual side, not the relationship side, because the spirit side is not wrong if it's done in a relationship with him, but if it's done outside of him, now it becomes a cultic, it becomes me, myself and I and the center is no longer on God, it's on you and wrong. Was basically saying, we had all these before and someday we'll have them again. And I agree with him totally. And I'm pretty sure he brought that bomb on me back in two thy or nineteen ninety nine, whenever Gray Crow's conference was there in Hillsboro, Oregon. I'm pretty sure he dropped it on me then, and I remember chewing on it because it keeps popping in my mind and I'm thinking that had to been where Anyways, I was talking to Ron. I never got the chance to ask him, do you think we talked about that? Because that's so many years ago. I mean, I was eighteen years ago that Ron and I talked about that, and I poo pooed most of it. And now I'm right back to that spot. And there's a lot of reasons for that. My death being in heaven, I was there three times. I died three times. They had to resuscitate me, put the paddles on me, and the restart my heart. And so I had some interesting encounters in heaven. But I do understand that we the glorified, mine the glorified spirit. Everything glorified and on the heaven side is so much more than here. The colors, the smells, the experiences, the sensations in heaven is part of the glorified. That's what Adam and Eve lived in. And I believe to some extent the Sasquatch still live there because they've tried hard to stay away. I also think that there's many different offshoots of the Nephelin, and the Sasquatch is only an offshoot. They're not the methylin Does that make sense? But I do know there's there's a great story, and I think I started to talk to you about it, but I'm not sure. I might have been talking to somebody else. It's about Glag in North Idaho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hen you had mentioned that, yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And in that in that when he's talking, he's talking about how Glag would get really excited when Kevin would read to him in the Gospels and the words of Jesus. He would start bouncing up and down in the jab because Glag could speak English. Kevin had taught him how to speak rudimentary English, but he could speak and he can understand him, but Glag's language itself. Kevin explained his.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, hold on, Hey, are you there?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, my h.
Speaker 1: My stuff just went crazy when you start talking about the Gospels. Yeah, the bluetooth, the bluetooth just went crazy on me. So hold on, I'm gonna need to I need to call you back in like two minutes. Sorry, all right, So my stuff just went crazy when Kevin started talking about the Gospels. It just went and shut the phone off or kick the phone off the connection. So we are going to try to get him back here. Okay, hey Kevin, So we're back. We're recording. So we just got dis kind of a weird bluetooth disconnect when you start talking about Gleg and him learning English and hearing the Gospels and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so Kevin would make mention, let's let's see what happens. Let's experiment with this, because I've heard this happen before. Yeah, it's it's crazy. All of a sudden, you'll have him cut out. Yeah, well, it's happened again. Are you listening, Yeah right, yeah, exactly. Now we're back to the men in black suits. Uh huh. Anyways, he would get really excited. Glag would get excited as Kevin would read the Gospel, so he would take his Bible up and he would read out of the Gospels to him, and that's where he always wanted him to read, was about Jesus. And he would start talking so fast. Kevin would say, slow down, slow down, pronounce your words, because he would just slur them all together, you know, a whole sentence would just be like one. Anyways, he would just get really excited and he would talk too fast. And when you were talking about anything Jesus, he would just get excited, and it wasn't like an agitation. It was more like, this is cool, this is what I want to talk about. And that was Glag and he was just a young child Sasquatch. His parents had been apparently shot, is what Kevin concluded, because over on the Montana side of the border, because he was on the Idaho side where he grew up, but the Sasquatch were known to be quite rough over there, and apparently there was talk that two sasquatch were killed and buried up in the woods, and then like the week after, he finds this starving baby sasquatch. That is just a little guy, you know. He's like three feet tall or something like that. I can't remember the details of how big he was, but he certainly was. He was smaller than Kevin was. Kevin was in junior high at the time, and he was this was his scouting area for hunting. That's where they shot deer every year and they had never seen anything bigfoot wise until this little blag guy shows up. And it would be a few I think it was months later when Kevin had met this little sasquatch that he finally got his name was Glag And that's the whole story. I said, Dutch, Is that then? I think you said it? Dutch? Does this podcast also? Does that sound right?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I know it's old Bigfoot Central and I'm gonna have to edit this sound.
Speaker 2: Like I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Duke hold On, Yeah, that's Duke from World Bigfoot Central.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes, he was the one that was doing the interview with Kevin. Okay, and I don't know Kevin ever put it in a book for him. I wish he would because there was just so much information. I've listened to that twice, kind of like I've listened to the whole Fox story the fifty years with Bigfoot in Tennessee. Sure that was fascinating read too, and yeah, but anyways, you can learn a lot about these that have been habituated over time and they've spent time with them. And I think a lot of the stuff that Kevin talked about with Clagg and what he experienced really lined up a lot with what the linguist was talking about with Ron Moorehead, the guy who you know, was the specialist that really took it to the next level and he's still aloed today. He stepped all in. Scott Nelson, Thank you, Scott. I'd love to meet that man sometime. He just the way he approaches it and he can simplify the language. He's it's easier to understand him than other linguists who he mastered. The linguist a side of it well, and he presents goods. You can understand what he's talking about, and I really appreciate him. But the thing that he brings up is how fast they're talking. That there's a speed and a cadence that's way above human level. We can't even talk at that speed. The cadence that they use is remarkable, and it's outside the possibility of us being able to repeat. And that's what Scott Nelson says, and I agree with him. I think that was exactly what he was talking about with glag when he would get excited and Kevin would try to slow him down because he couldn't understand the English because he was talking too fast, and Glad could actually put words together way faster than Kevin could, so he couldn't even understand what he was saying that when he was talking too fast. But Kevin had identified long before I'd heard about Scott Nelson, and the Sierra Sounds had identified that these things they speak when they're doing their Samurai chatter in a language, a known language to them that apparently is very similar to the Native American languages in America. And you know, the Chinook jargon was a language that was spoken here in the Pacific Northwest by the Indians that most of the tribes could understand Chinook jargon at least part of it, and that would give basic rudimentary communication skills to different tribes that weren't part of the same tribe, and here the Sasquatch seemed to be able to do the same thing. And that comes down that fifty years with Bigfoot. I think it's Channis Carter Koy.
Speaker 1: Does that sound right?
Speaker 3: But you know she she's done all kinds of research and study herself and on linguist stuff, and uh, I believe she's a doctor in linguistic linguistic stuff. If not, she's a doctor of something biology. I don't know. I'm not really sure now I've it's been a while since I've re listened all the way up to like episode seven, and I need to keep going because that's when they get into the Nephilim thing and what her grandfather thought it was. He thought that they were the Etomites, and which is kind of interesting because they're on my list here too. The Etomites as giants, but the Moabites called them etomites. They were they were rapidites, and Anakites they were called etomites, and he called them etamites with a D. But that's yeah anyway, so that whole lineage of the giants has been passed on them. We know about the Afghanistan giants where you know, that's that's questionable too. But we have the giants that have been found and the footprints and the Lubbock they say human tracks in the Lubbock, Texas area that are you know, petrified into the rock that at one time was just mud along the river, the Plexi river bed. And but those those footprints are anywhere from eighteen to twenty two inches long.
Speaker 2: Wow, Oh that's wild. Yeah, I got that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Plexi River and it's it's yeah, the Plexi River. The footprints, the human footprints they call them, and you look at them and you're going, well, they got narrow heels like a female sasquatch or a little bit. They actually have an art to them, but they're giants. They're huge. Yeah they don't. They don't kept say that, but that's you. It is in the writing. You'll see it. It's eighteen and then twenty two inches, like there were two different individuals where they come from?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So does this kind of explain then? So there's a pattern from people I've talked to over the years where they have an interaction or they're in an area where it's very known for bigfoot and et cetera. And then they start having things happen, like they start to hear things or et cetera, et cetera, or could that could be something completely different. They start to hear like the experienced mind speak or you know, telepathic type things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost like the door has been opened, right, and now they're now the receivements that they it maybe was there, but they never noticed it before, but now they do. Yeah. I think it's both. I think that they're realizing for the first time and the I think that there has to be some doway that you got to walk through to be able to embrace that. And oftentimes the sighting is enough to shake you to the point where now you're being sensitive to before you know you walk by. And I've talked to fish and gain people. I've talked to police officers and they say, I've been out in the woods my whole life and i have never seen anything that would indicate a sasquatch. Well, there's a psychological response for that, and typically what we do is we don't want to think about it. It's in a terror zone that we don't want to visit because we're not in control anymore, and so we lock down and shut it down. We don't walk through those doors, and so we're not going to accept it. So if you find a footprint, you may have found a footprint years ago and purposely forgot about it. You may have heard sounds in the middle of the night that you couldn't explain and then all of a sudden it comes up and maybe they're a recording is coming over the TV and you're hearing that, going, I've heard that before. All of a sudden, there's an identification. There was a door opened at one point in your past when you saw the evidence in the woods of these things and you blocked it out. Number One, it wasn't convenient. Number two, you're no longer in control. Those are scary topics, and I really think there's a psychological into that, and that humans have a very strong desire to be in control, and when we're not in control, it terrifies us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree, it would be.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a whole funny deal because it's like, so let's say, if this is an philim, then if there is discovery of sasquations proved to be real across the board, then in essence that proves the Bible as well.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that either. Yeah, yeah, that would be another.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is so wild. Okay, what what a what a conversation. This has given me a lot to think about.
Speaker 2: Kevin.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for chatting today. I mean, I feel like, you know, we we had such a good conversation at the festival just a few months ago as well, and I just appreciate you coming on the show and for sharing what you've been through your thoughts on things. It's been a very enjoyable conversation. Good, good, good, all right, Kevin, Well, yeah, have a good one. But I just wanted to take him in to say thank you for listening to this episode of the Big for Society podcast. Kevin's encounters are the kind that stick with you, not just because of the screams or the footprints, because of how deeply they weave into a lifetime of searching. It's a huge thanks to Kevin for sharing his story from the force of the Pacific Northwest and for finding us that sometimes the mystery follows you from childhood into the rest of your life. And if you enjoy this conversation, please subscribe to the show on YouTube. Hit the bell icon so you don't miss new episodes, and share this one with a friend who's into Bigfoot, the Pacific Northwest or good old fashioned mystery. And if you're listening to the show on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, hit follow and if you'd be willing to leave us a five star positive review, it helps more folks find the show.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you or someone you know has had a big Foot encounter, especially around Packwood mortin the Blue Mountains or anywhere in the world, I'd love to hear from you, So please send me an email bigfo Society at gmail dot com. Your account is the account that might connect everything and that will break this damn called disclosure and put it all wide open. So please send me your account and let's start the conversation. And if you don't send it to me, send it to anyone else. Wes Miguel, I don't care. I would love to talk to you, but at the end of the day, we need to get this all out in the open. And if you haven't had a chance to look at our new membership community yet, please check it out Bigfoot Society podcast dot com. You can check out the members login area and that's where you can find early ad free release episodes, members only episodes once a week, and much much more that you won't want to miss. But thanks again for following us at the Bigfoot Society, and until next time, keep your ears open, trust your gut, and never stop asking what else might be out there, And see you in the woods.