Speaker 1: And now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech tam Case.
Speaker 2: Hi, everybody, welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: Hope you're well on.
Speaker 2: This hot Wednesday night here in southern California. The weather heating up here in this first week of September, also heating up your Los Angeles Dodgers eighty four and fifty five on the season, first place atop the NL West after taking three of four over the weekend in Arizona. The Dodgers kept the winning going last night with an extra innings victory at the Big A in Anaheim. As they beat the Angels tonight, they look to do it again and sweep this two game Freeways series. Bobby Miller on the mound, first pitch from the Big As coming up a little bit before six forty. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck, including your chance to win sweet tickets to an upcoming Dodger game at Dodgers Stadium in our zen Ship Sweet Life Challenge that is coming up in thirty minutes, we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David vats Say will join us throughout the show. He'll go one on one with Miguel Rojas that's coming up. In forty five minutes, we'll head down to the field with a live checking with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we're gonna head out to the Gallup and Motors broadcast be in here from Rick Monday and Tim Nevertt.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Last night out at the Big A, it took extra innings, but the Dodgers got a little mooky magic and beating the Angels.
Speaker 3: Walker Buelder got the start.
Speaker 2: He went five innings, allowed two runs on five hits, struck out six along the way.
Speaker 3: He got into trouble.
Speaker 2: On the bottom of the second Logan o'hoppy a solo home run four hundred and thirty eight feet. He hit it far to give the Angels a one to nothing lead. However, in the top half of the third inning of the Dodgers were right back at it against Reed Detmers show Hey o Tani with an RBI triple down the right field line that tied the game at.
Speaker 3: One, and then Move Betts gave the lead.
Speaker 5: Rae Depvers out of the stretch, delivers home breaking ball in the left fielder base hit Dodgers lead Hooky bets drives him in.
Speaker 6: It is two to one Dodgers on.
Speaker 5: Another hanging curveball, Betshells one hundred and ninth hit of the season is fifty ninth run batted.
Speaker 2: In Mookie Deliverers with the RBI single to the left, Dodgers up two to one. The lead, though, would go away in the bottom half of the fifth inning. Taylor award with a solo home run off Walker Vieler. Two solo home runs did in Walker, as he would leave the game in a two to two tie. The game remain tied going all the way to the top half of the tenth inning. With the free runner at second, Miguel Rojas singled him in. That gave the Dodgers a three to two lead. The Dodgers had Kevin Kirmeyer on bass Otani was intentionally walked by Ron Washington and the Angels they wanted to get to Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: That was a mistake, Oh Tony.
Speaker 6: Huge lead at first base. Here's the pitch from Contraras. Lookie Swains hits a dry key plet failed.
Speaker 5: This ball's back, this ball's got a home run.
Speaker 6: Looky Betts with a murky moment. Andanana Haim a three run shot and the Dodgers have opened it up.
Speaker 5: In the tenth Oh, Mookie Bets with his fifteenth home run.
Speaker 6: It is six to two Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts said he took a personal walking o' tawny to get to him and he made the Angels pay with the three run home run. The Dodgers scored four runs at the top half of the tenth inning. They go on and beat the Angels six to two. Michael Kopek gets the winning relief he pitched the ninth inning. The Dodgers' bullpen five shutout innings, did not allow a hit while striking out three along the way. They were really good, picking up Walker Buehler, who gets a no decision. The Dodgers get their eighty fourth win of this season. They now got a five and a half game lead over the Padres and the NL West, and tonight they go for the series sweep that the Big A and Anaheim. Bobby Miller on the mount and with more, Let's head out to Anaheim as we say hello to the Galbu Motors Broadcast booth in Rick Monday, Tim never guys.
Speaker 6: Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: So a very warm afternoon into the evening here in Anaheim is the Dodgers and Angels will play Game two and the final game of the Freeway Series in twenty twenty four. Dodgers winning last night by a six to two score, late ining heroics and the tenth by Miguel Rojas driving in what would be the game winning run, and then the insurance provided by Mookie Betts with a three run homer. And when you look back at last night's game, will Ree Dettner's really pitched wonderfully for the Angels. He has pitched two very good games against the Dodgers this season. Walker Buehler pitched well enough kept the team in the ballgame, but the bullpen came in and they were absolutely a shutdown group of pitchers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he've been an upgrade for the Dodgers. When Detmus was taken out after the sixth inning with a score tied at two, all that particular point, Walker Buehller a better outing last night, going the five innings two runs, both on solo home runs on five hits, did strike out six batters in that fold as well. So that's a strong vote for Walker Buehller in progressing. We have seen him get better and better each of the last three starts and trying to make sure that he can claim a spot on the roster for postseason plays. So that was a very positive thing. Then the ending of the game, it was amazing. In fact, you know, everybody talks about Mookie Bentz and for good reason hit the first pitch thrown to him after the intentional walk to show hey, Otani and four bets hit the home run on a slider. But don't overlook the fact that it was Miguel Rojas who drove in which you're alluding to, is that was the winning run. He hit the first pitch for an RBI single also in that ten.
Speaker 5: Then, so the Dodgers took Game one. There now eighty four and fifty five, a season best twenty nine games over five hundred overall, they've won twelve for the last fifteen and in the Freeway Series they have won twelve of the last thirteen ball games, and with a win tonight would tie the all time series with the Angels at seventy four wins and seventy four losses me time the Angels fifty seven and eighty one. They will not have a winning season for the ninth straight year, and they are eighteen games out now in the American League West, dead last in the division. Sho Hey Otani with forty four home runs, he gets a crack at forty five here tonight. He's got ninety nine home runs in this ballpark. He also has ninety nine RBIs. Let's not lose sight of the fact that he has driven in ninety nine runs. He's won off the league lead, as Williadamis of the Brewers is the only guy in front of him with one hundred.
Speaker 4: And for Otani, every time he comes to home plate, there's about a million photographs that are taking and also nobody leaves their seat. We'll see it again tonight Otani. I think he was also enthusiastic about the fact of his reception when he came to home Plea. Obviously there's some sadness of Angel fans. He's no longer with them. A lot of the Dodger fans here last night kind of celebrating on foreign turf.
Speaker 5: So the Angels will send Griffin Canning to the mom Canning is four and twelve with a five nineteen earned run average. Bobby Miller gets the start for the Dodgers. Bobby gotta win last time out. He is two and three with an ERA of seven and a quarter, looking to lower that against the Angels here in Anaheim tonight, Dodgers Angels Game two on a warm night in Anaheim, tim.
Speaker 3: It is a warm night indeed, Dodgers looking to stay hot.
Speaker 2: As we counted down to first pitch, Dodger fans get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parler. What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken to Mojo's right now Shaky's dot Com coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, You're gonna hear for the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna hear from Miguel rohas Well. Dive deeper in this pitching madgeup. We'll get you the latest injury news. Your chance to play the zen Chee Sweet Life Challenge is coming up as well, but up next year TONI rewind an, We'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field the Big A and Anaheim. As we lead you up to Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Katson's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Angels.
Speaker 2: Game two of this freeway series from the Big A and Anaheim Bobby Miller, Griffin Canny in the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 7: This is the free.
Speaker 5: Wid falling two strikes. Rohash leads at first. Dentner steals home.
Speaker 6: Curtball Roup down the right field.
Speaker 7: Sir, that's O.
Speaker 5: Pace hits on the roll to the corner. Round second is Rohish, He's headed to third. He's gonna get a way home, ro Hass on his way to the plate. Ball still on the right field corner. Ro has will score standing and show Hey Otani is in with a run scoring triple to tie the.
Speaker 6: Game at one.
Speaker 5: Oh tony seventh triple of the season, and that ball was absolutely smoked into the right field corner.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani with the RBI triple last night in the third inning. It was the seventh triple of this season. RBON number ninety nine for Show Hey who's still looking to get to fifty to fifty on this season. Ko Tani rewind brought to you by eto Inns Oil on Chut, Japan's number one green tea and the tea that showy Otani loves and drinks. There'll be a local diso stores Amazon etoin dot com.
Speaker 3: That's I T O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey, Kirston now joins us from the field at the Big A and Anaheim before the second game of those two game Freeway Serious Dodgers, when the opener last night. Here some of the Dodgers back at it tonight, Bobby Miller on the mount and just like last night with Walker Buehler, the Dodgers are trying to see what they got and here in Bobby Miller in the final month.
Speaker 7: Of the season exactly.
Speaker 8: You know, for both of those guys, both Bobby and Wells Walker, right now it's about not only just salvaging the season, but comparing themselves for a postseason run. Either two really important arms to this organization. And so if they can get going and kind of get and catch their stride right now and put them in a really good spot called October and that is best case scenario. And so for Bobby today, the plan is for him, you know, And it had just took quality started to get ahead in the counts to have that command that we want that we've been seeing from him that he's kind of missing earlier this year. And he said, I was talking to him yesterday that yes, there was some injury, whether it was you know, dealing with a little bit of a meat injury here and there, or his shoulder early the season having to come back from that, to them being optioned, you know, a lot of things for him was he just felt like his confidence was altering, and so he didn't feel like he could execute his pitches and so for him to go back down and kind of reset, that was really hard for him. But he also knew it was the right thing for him right at that time. So he is starting to feel really good and he feels like this man is in a much better spot. So hopefully you can see him have a book start today and then just see a continuation of building on that. Dave Roberts today was saying that when you look at Walker, he felt like last night and even to start before the line score maybe wasn't the best, but watching him on the mound, you can see that he has kind of splits the gear in and knowing that, you know, he's returning to being that guy out there. He wants to see that in Bobby. He hasn't seen it just yet, but he's feel like it's going to be very soon. He sees that kind of switch happened for Bobby Miller as well.
Speaker 2: Dodgers looking down the road, Yoshinobo Yama Moto, I see him on the horizon.
Speaker 3: He's going to be back pitching for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: He's going to be back.
Speaker 8: So he had his last three half start yesterday. It was a shorter start. He only was able to throw two innings. He got out to fifty three pitches, but if you look at that pitch count, it was because of a really long at bat actually with a big league catcher, and it was about seventeen pitches. So that's what really led to that super high pitch count which took them out of the game early. They were hoping for him to get their three, but they wanted to do that up down. But they do feel good that, you know, fifty three pitches is a good number at least to be at, and so they feel confident that with the off day coming up that when he has this outing, which is going to be on Tuesday, they feel good that he will be in a good spot and will be able to be protected by the bullpen because they will still need to cover some of the game, but the hope is that he can be efficient to probably get your four innings. So yeah, his next outing is going to be a big league start and hopefully Dave Roberts was saying, now it's time to card getting him ready for October.
Speaker 3: Kirsten, we appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We will check in with you after the game, hopefully another Dodger victory. Dodgers Baseball and Kirsten brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of you all the cards.
Speaker 3: Don't eate today.
Speaker 2: Your car can be picked up tomorrow and eight now Carsfrokids dot Org.
Speaker 3: That's cars with a K still to come.
Speaker 2: Here on Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this bitching matchup. David Vass goes one on one with Miguel Rojas, but up next an injury report animal here from the manager Dave Roberts, Dodgers Angels.
Speaker 3: Big an Ani.
Speaker 2: First bitch a little before six forty of Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere, Well, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers hunts on your home for LA Dodgers Faseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Angels.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck continues, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand Slam for good times. First pitch of the big A coming up a little before six forty.
Speaker 7: It's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical Partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Clayton Kershaw on the iel at the swelling in his left big toe turf toe, Joe Kelly on the ielt the right shoulder inflammation, Tyler Glaston the iel at the right elbow, Nini Bruce ar Graderol went on a minor league rehab assignment, and Oka see he's on the il working his way back from.
Speaker 3: That hamstring strain.
Speaker 2: And Yoshinobu Yabamoto, as Kirsten Mention, is going to rejoin the Dodgers next week on the home stand. All right, let's head back out to Anaheim and check you with the Dodger Skipper anything else?
Speaker 9: Da do you think the questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 10: Can you talk about the pressure.
Speaker 7: In the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: Bobby obviously had like the shoulder earlier, and then like the knee thing that he's been dealing with, Like has he just kind of has it been a struggle for him to get kind of comfortable on the mound the way he was last year when he was kind of more consistent with the command and everything.
Speaker 12: I think that's certainly a part of it. You mentioned the knee thing, you know, there's just at times it just kind of flares up on him, you see when he's trying to cover first base, you know, and then the shoulder just kind of Now he's in a good spot where he can keep his delivery consistent, So I think that that's help. But certainly those things that have been unforeseen we've had to kind of deal with.
Speaker 4: But he's done a good job managing it.
Speaker 11: How close is he to kind of being that more consistent version of himself that you guys saw last year, like the kind of guy you can't truss going into October.
Speaker 12: I honestly think he's a starter or two away. But it could happen to any.
Speaker 4: Moment, you know.
Speaker 12: It could be an inning or a pitch where that player can say I'm back to who I am. And I think it happened with Walker last start, where he just said, you know what, I'm back.
Speaker 10: And that's something that is.
Speaker 12: Not always quantifiable. You can't always see it, but that player knows that he felt something or feel something. Yeah yesterday, obviously that that at that took a long time to get through that seventeen pitch at bat, so he only got through two innings. But the plan is for him to join us on Tuesdays.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts saying, all right there, he'll be back on Tuesday to join this Dodger rotation. But again, still working his way back and building up for the postseason. Dave Roberts down the duck got brought to by Service Titan. Dave Roberts is tightening his own hite. He's kind of planning before his team hits the field. You need one too for your growing contracting business. Let Service Titan help you implement it. Learn more at Service Titan dot Com. Coming up, we got our Zinchie Sweet Life Challenge. We also got a dive deeper to this pitching matchhow but when we come back, we'll check in with David Vasay. It leads out to first pitch Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Katsu's Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 4: At the time.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 2: Law, Dodgers Angels, Bobby Miller and Griffin Canny in the pitching match. First pitch coming up a little before six for you. Don't forget coming up these she Sweet Live Challenge coming up in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Your magical moment as well.
Speaker 2: The umpiring crew for tonight's came brought to my friend Loyer Insurance, celebrating fifty years while providing reliable and affordable car insurance for you and your family.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 7: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 3: All right, DV.
Speaker 2: Going back to the last night Dodgers win in ten innings, Mookie Betts with that three run home run and he was pretty fired up, come up around the bases after he got intentionally walked Otani in front of him to pitch to him, didn't.
Speaker 13: He He really was, And the greatest evidence of that was what we saw on the field when Mooki crossed home played. He was very animated in a boisterous way after hitting that three run home run. But also Dino Ebol, the Dodgers third base coach, told us before the game today that he knew Mooki took it personally, and the way he knew even more was when he rounded third base. They usually high five, obviously, the third base coach, but he said the high five from Mookie Betts was a little extra when he was rounding third base last night, So there was no question about it. Mookie Bets took it personally when they walked Otani in front of him.
Speaker 2: Dave is Dodger team after taking three or four in Arizona, come when the series opener last night, the team's playing well. Certainly when the big three deer there thing that's certainly well. Freddie Freeman last night, what did you think of the antics late in the game from that Angel reliever.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that was jose Kihata in the seventh inning where he struck out Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 6: But it took twelve pitches to do so.
Speaker 13: And I guess Freddy when I asked him about it during batting practice, he said, yeah. When I was looking at video of Kihata, he does that all the time. That was not something specific directed towards the Dodgers or Freddy. I guess there was a game where Kihada did those type of antiques in one inning and then had to come back out for the next inning and gave up six runs.
Speaker 6: So I don't know, maybe you want to just be.
Speaker 13: A little bit more tone deaf than what we have seen Kihada this season, especially where where the Angels are in the standings. I don't think he could be that tone deaf, but Kihada certainly appears to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a time and the place, and certainly when you're the Angels right now, it's not the time and place, but doing those antics.
Speaker 3: David is German by Ford. There's one thing we like, its choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough. This mark can only be called the Ford F one fifty. Bobby Miller gets to start tonight DV and last time out we saw him hobbit a little bit with that left knee.
Speaker 3: What's the latest. See, obviously he's good to go.
Speaker 13: Right, he's good to go, And talking to him yesterday, he told me that he feels better with his left knee coming in to tonight's start than he did back at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 10: In his last start.
Speaker 13: He found some treatment therapy that really has helped his.
Speaker 10: Left knee bounce back.
Speaker 13: And remember he's been dealing with this virtually all season long, but it came to light in his last start in the second inning when he was going over to cover first base, he yelled out a primal scream in pain when he was going over there. And in the fifth inning of that game against the Orioles, he told me the left knee started to stiffen up, and that's where he walked to hit her and eventually gave up a three run home run, the only mistake in his last start. But he feels confident the left knee has been managed as best as possible and he'll feel good to go tonight. And remember that's his landing leg. He cannot be apprehensive to just let it rip and land on that left leg. But he felt that way in the fifth inning of his last start. But he feels pretty good about things tonight.
Speaker 2: DV appreciate it. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Dodger fan and hands. You're listening to experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening to Dodger games and HD.
Speaker 3: It's really good. It's crystal clear. Take it with you on the go of your mobile device, in your car wherever.
Speaker 2: It's all powered by LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinas lacare dot org. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Miguel Rojas. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't forget we got the Zenshe Sweet Lime Challenge coming up and just a little bit as well. As we're leading you up to first pitch, Dodgers and Angels, your magical moment is next.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Angels Freeway Series wraps up tonight after a win last night by the good guys. Bobby Miller Griffin Canning pitching matchup tonight, first pitch a little before six forty.
Speaker 1: Who wants It's time for the Hawfy.
Speaker 7: Magical Moment ditch Magical.
Speaker 4: By Hawpy Hot Times.
Speaker 2: We go back to July seventh, last year, Dodgers taking on the Angels. It was a slugfest for the Dodgers, who absolutely tore apart Tyler Anderson and.
Speaker 3: The Angels Dodgers four to three.
Speaker 14: Tyler Anderson, on in relief of Griffin Canning, had a line drive.
Speaker 6: Deep to left field and didn't get over the.
Speaker 14: Wall yet did It was a line drive got into the first maybe the second row, and then into the bullpen and the Dodgers now leaded five to three and Pets is getting hotter and hotter.
Speaker 10: If it's all at all.
Speaker 2: Possible, Mookie Betts goes deep off Tyler Anderson five home runs that day against Griffin Canning, Tyler Anderson and the Angels pitchers. As the Dodgers beat the Angels last July eleven to four. This Hofey Magical moment brought to by Haffey Hot Dogs a so Cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hofeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase Creve Malicious Haffey hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: All right, who.
Speaker 2: Wants to live the sweet life in a Dodgers game? Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy ninety three contestants right now to play the Zen Sheet Sweet Life Challenge.
Speaker 3: All you do is tell.
Speaker 2: Me which player will be the fresh player of the game tonight, and if you're correct, you're gonna win two sweet tickets to a Dodger game to hang out in the am FI seventy LA Sports Sweet eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two five seventy It's the Zen Sheet Sweet Life Challenge. Will we continue? We'll get to that and we'll hear from Rick mondays. We'll lead you up to Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Loronzo Casino, Dodgers on the Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers an Angels, Bobby Miller, Griffin Kenny. The matchup first pitch coming up a little before six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Zenchi Sweet Light Challenge. One lucky winner and a guest get to watch the Dodgers from the Zenschi Sweet all made possible by Zenchi Sushi, Fast, Fresh and easy.
Speaker 2: All right, we have our three contestants ready to go. Tell me the fresh player of the game tonight, and if you're correct, you're gonna win two tickets to watch a Dodger game in the am FI seventy LA Sports Sweet All right, Marcos is first up, Marcos, what is your guests?
Speaker 13: My guess is show Talent sho Hey, Tony, oh.
Speaker 2: Tony, it is good luck to you, Marcos. Jason is our second contestant. Who is your guest?
Speaker 3: Jason?
Speaker 5: Hey, Vessy, I'm thinking Max Monts.
Speaker 10: He's gonna have a big game tonight. Man.
Speaker 2: Well, if you're talking Tossay, that would be cool because I'm Tim. But we'll put you down Jason. That's okay. I'll put you down Jeff or Jason, whatever your name is, hold on, we'll get you down for Maximuntsey. Caesar is our third and final contestant. Caesar, welcome with your guests.
Speaker 5: Hey, it's Tim.
Speaker 8: A big shout out to you.
Speaker 7: Go Burrows.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna say, Oscar.
Speaker 3: All right, awesome, Caesar, appreciate it. Shout out to you. Go Burrows as well.
Speaker 2: Caesar, Jason if that's his name, and Marcos are three contestants in the contest tonight.
Speaker 3: We'll do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It's is Zen She Sweet Live Challenge presented by Zen She Handcrafted sushi, made fresh daily on site. Pick up delicious sushi before the game. Find zenc Sushi at your local supermarket right near the deli counter.
Speaker 3: Had some today.
Speaker 2: Love the mango con chili, the chili serrano. Love the spicy tuna roll, the spicy tiger tim pearra shrimper.
Speaker 3: It's all good. Can't go wrong with Zen She Sushi. All right.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we will check in with Miguel Rojas. Will also dive deeper into this pitching matchup for first.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David bass Sing. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Brick Monday.
Speaker 13: It's steaming high here in Anaheim, Rick, but it was electric in the tenth inning when Mookie Bets hit that three run home run.
Speaker 10: What a vibe here in Anaheim?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, was it a home game or a road game.
Speaker 6: For the dog right, it felt like a home game.
Speaker 4: Well, it may have a little bit and interesting kind of a scenario. A lot of people are saying, well, why on earth would you walk? Show Ayotani, You're going to get the mooky bench where you go in percentages. You also have some force outs in case of ground balls hit got an extra base, you can get the force out. But it's kind of interesting in what happens. Eric steven I saw a post that he had today about the Dodgers, in particular with intentional walks. The Dodgers have had twenty eight intentional walks this year. Okay, so they pitch around that hitter to get to the next one. How well has it worked out? Well? The next batter they've hit three ninety one with three home runs eighteen runs batted in. Now that includes in those nine hits there's been one double, two walks, which is not an official at bat, one hit batter, one sacrifice fly. So the twenty eight times the Dodgers have had an intentional walk, the next guy has come up and hit three ninety one. That ain't bad.
Speaker 10: That's not bad at all.
Speaker 13: And since you played the game, maybe some teams walk the person ahead of you to get to Rick Monday. But Dino Ebol was saying when Mookie Bets came around third base, there was a little extra handslap from Mooki Bets.
Speaker 4: He took it personal. We have not seen that, and that's what you have to do as a hitter. And I mentioned it last night when Tim was calling the fact that they're going to pitch around Otani. That's where a hitter has to say, Okay, fine, that's your choice. Now I'm taking it as a personal matter. You have to be able control on that end of it. But he didn't waste any time. He got the first pitch. Yes, granted he got a terrific slider to hit. It was out over the plate and for Mookie Betts hit it out over the fence, and there was a little bit of celebration, a little bit of dance that took place with Bets that we normally don't see. And if we do see it, we see a much more controlled area. It was interesting though, David as soon as he crossed Tome plate got back in the dugout, you wouldn't have known he just hit the big home run. Just looking at him. In the dugout. He was alone with his thoughts, but it was not in a celebratory kind of a stance.
Speaker 13: Speaking of that, I was taken off guard, as I'm sure many in the stadium was. After Freddie Freeman struck out on a twelve pitch at bat by Jose Keihana. I was a little surprised by the way he celebrated. Maybe you know, you got to take inventory of where your team is in the standings and that the hitter just made you work for twelve pitches before you celebrate.
Speaker 4: I will repeat what I said last night. I hope that picture that you're talking about does not get perturbed when he gives up a real long home run and that batter celebrates as he did last night in finally getting it out.
Speaker 13: It reminded us of when Hector Naris was barking at the Dodger dugout back in twenty nineteen in Philadelphia after a save, and the Dodgers took note of that and did not retaliate, but they took.
Speaker 4: Note, Oh you do, yeah, you kind of file it away. I've told the story before. It's a lot like Dusty Baker with Joaquin andhar who would strike out a batter and then pull out what a make believe pistol, a six shooter and blow the end of the barrel to clear the smoke out of the barrel and just kind of smile and maybe even look at you. And he did that a couple of times. A Dusty Baker came back into the dugout once stood there for a while, said yeah, go ahead, Yeah, next time up, I'm gonna knock the spit out of your mouth. That hit the ball so hard. Bake just stood there, stood there. The douga got very silent, and then Dusty realized we were all the verge of cracking up. He turned. I goes, that was pretty weak, wasn't it.
Speaker 13: That the story does not get tired? But yeah, hitters don't like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: No, And this is something you don't see a whole lot of retaliation, you know, fights. You're trying to keep people healthy. I get that. I think it's a wonderful thing that they're doing. But you tuck away little things here and there, and eventually maybe you'll go full circle and have the same situation where maybe it's your turn to celebrate and watch how the other guy reacts.
Speaker 10: There's one more game tonight. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's what we came here for.
Speaker 10: One thing.
Speaker 13: We know it's gonna be hot. Thanks a lot, Rick, appreciate the time. We'll check back in with you and Tim Nevertt a little bit later. For now, we'll send it back to Tim Kates in the air conditioned studio.
Speaker 2: Yep seventy two and feeling good. Dodger fans. Start your future to California Community College.
Speaker 3: Financially.
Speaker 2: It's available to help you with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill it quickly. So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Coming up, we're gonna hear from Miguel Rojas. You go high and tight with the Dodgers shortstop. Next leave, you have to Dodgers and Angels. I'm Tim Kates is Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunted on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Angels Bobby Miller on the mount. First pitch coming up at six forty. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, go to Children's Hospital Los Angeles, rank number one in California for pediatric care by the right Dodgers h LA dot org.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This this high and tight.
Speaker 13: The Dodgers and Angels closing out the freeways series and we're joining right now. A Dodgers shortstop, Miguel Rojas. Miguel, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it anytime. Man always here for you. I know you are, and you were here for the Dodgers last night too, in a number of different ways.
Speaker 10: Tenth thinning, go ahead base sid.
Speaker 13: And I'm still amazed that you scored all the way from first base on that Otani tripple.
Speaker 10: Did you believe it was going to be in.
Speaker 13: Play for that much time or did you feel like it could be stuck under the wall?
Speaker 10: Uh, no idea.
Speaker 9: I was just paying attention to the you know at third base, and when I saw him waving, I felt like I have to have to fit and I have to get to home play.
Speaker 10: That's it. That's always important.
Speaker 9: You know, scoring, scorting early in the game, especially after being down one nothing, got the opportunity to get back in the back in the board and especially show her, you know, hitting any time he can put a ball in the gap, you're always ready for for that situation. So for me, he wasn't. He wasn't as hard as you saw it from from up there.
Speaker 10: I was ready to score.
Speaker 9: And when you know, wave wave me home, I was ready to score.
Speaker 13: I've resisted the temptation of asking you guys what it's like behind the scenes to be teammates with Otani, But since we're at this stage of the season, he's chasing history, he's having unselfish at bats.
Speaker 10: What has it been like being teammates with him this year? It's been amazing.
Speaker 9: Everything that you see every single day is uh is pretty much what you get. You know. The guy always come to the field prepared to play a baseball game, which is really unboliable, regardless of him getting ready to pitch next year and recovering from an injury. And actually, like I'm you know, like he's a pitcher too, so he have to do his work for the pitching side. But anyways, that that's not affecting him on what he needs to do, plus all the attention international attention. We went overseas to Korea. He treated people over there really gray and he handled stuff like in an amazing way. And I think it's social professional and for us teammates, is a privilege to to call ourself like teammates of shoal Tany one of the best players that I ever gonna play this game.
Speaker 13: I know Miguel Rojas and the Dodgers have a lot more season to play, but your season has been amazing. You started the year helping Mookie Bets learn shortstop. You waited your turn here, you are not missing a beat. How have you been able to do this from start to finish?
Speaker 9: I think what you mentioned for for me, helping Mookie with a new position and trying to get in comfortable a short stop kept me kind of going and kept me motivated to keep working every single day, and that helped me to h to come to sprint training prepared because I know my role will be changing a little bit. But here we are now trying to trying to find a way to win a championship, and I'm I'm centerpiece, play short every day and I hope I can catch us out of the worst series too, So that's that's my goal right now.
Speaker 13: It's a beautiful game when it pays you for being patient and being a team player, like Miguel Rojas has been. Thanks a lot for the time, and like I told you last night, you're a problem too.
Speaker 10: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 9: I'm looking forward to continue to do what I'm doing, and hopefully the team can clinch the postseason birth that's the first goal. And then after that goal deep in the post season sounds good.
Speaker 10: We'll be with you all the way. Thank you for the time. Thank you.
Speaker 13: There he goes Miguel Rojas, one of the best, and certainly the game of baseball has rewarded him this season.
Speaker 10: We'll send it back to you in the studio, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Miguel Doctors.
Speaker 2: Baseball is brought to you by Shanky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group Knight at shankys dot com. Lead you have to first pitch Dodgers and Angels up next will dive deeper into this pitching matcher. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kason's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all.
Speaker 2: Season long Dodgers in Ana. I had to take on the Angels final game of this two game freeway series. First pitch coming up. We'll be four, six, forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup for.
Speaker 2: Hit about your Southern California Toyota Dealers turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality and an all new twenty twenty four Tacoma See your Toyota dealer today.
Speaker 3: They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Griffin Cannon on the mound for the Halos four and twelve with the five nineteen e R twenty eight year old right hand or former second round pick out of UCLA, making his twenty seventh start this season last time out, five innings, three runs, five hits for strikeouts and a loss to the Tigers. He's one and one with a five oh two ERA, nine strikeouts and three career starts against the Dodgers. Bobby Miller on the mound for the Dodgers, looking for big things out of him here in September two and three at the seven twenty five E twenty five year old right hander for her first round pick out of Louisville, making his eleven start now at the big leagues last time out. Three runs, two hits, three strikeouts and three walks for Bobby Miller, who is looking to come back and have a big outing tonight and that was against the Baltimore Orioles and a no decision tonight, first time ever facing the Anaheim Angels. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. Dodger fans and Hanier listening experience. Download that iHeartRadio app listening to h D. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans, serving all angel Knows la Care dot Org. Keys ore Next, I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers all your network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, it's Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Angels final game of the Freeway Series. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Speedy Cash, official sponsor of every LA Weekend. Find out more Dodger fans at speedy Cash dot Com. We're stopping in La Area, Speedy cash store. Let's head back.
Speaker 3: Out to the booth rick Monday, Tim never guys, sim thanks very much.
Speaker 5: We continue to count you down to the first pitch of the ball game the Dodgers and the Angels. This is the fourth game of the season long Freeway Series, second game of this part of the series, and the Dodgers winning last night, looking to sweep the Angels in this two game set. Bobby Miller gets the ball last time out Thursday against Baltimore. He was the winning pitcher in a six to three Dodger win. He's been pitching better for the most part, and looks like each time out things are getting a little better for Bobby.
Speaker 4: Miller, a little bit better. Anxious to see what he does in the first pitch of it bats tonight. And the reason to bring that up it's the four seventy eight batting average against him. Right handers have hit three fifteen. The other part two is he give me a lot of base hits, more hits than in the he has pitched. Trying to look for more consistency and maybe pick up his first win on the road this year.
Speaker 5: He will oppose Griffin Canning. Canning has had a rough goal of it this year four and twelve, and last Wednesday, he gave up three runs over five innings against the Tigers, including a home run. Took the loss in that ball game, but he has allowed twenty five home runs that's tied for seventh most of the majors this year. On a warm night, the ball could be flying and Canning could get victimized by the Dodger bats.
Speaker 4: And Canny has had better success at home where he's four and three versus on the road where he's zero to nine. But the Rnbren averages both at home and on the road are over five. Will find out what the Dodgers dude tonight to the former Bruin out of UCLA.
Speaker 5: Griffin Canning against Bobby Miller. That's the pitching matchup as the Dodgers and Angels wrap up this two game freeway series set in Anaheim.
Speaker 2: Tim all Right first pitches next Dodgers and Angels. David Vasse's got you covered on the postgame show and enjoy it. I'm Tim Kay has been Wrongo Causino divers on deck on the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network