Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, November fourth, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the Giant BombCast presented by Diku Deals. I'm your host jan Oh Shoah, joining me co captain of the ship. He loves deals and educating me on how to spend my money properly.
Speaker 2: Jeff Grub, I'm always here for you, jam when it comes to that.
Speaker 1: I like how you asked everything was a question November four. I'm Jeff Grub exactly. I'm just reading the teleprompter as it goes. Speaking about the teleprompter, it is scrolling, just like he is scrolling through the river sticks. I don't know why I associate him with death, but I think he likes it.
Speaker 3: Bacala, I'm happy to wear that crown. However, is the head and it is very heavy, don't you know it? It does nothing but damage to my posture. How how goes it? Pal uh?
Speaker 1: Or what's the heaviest hat you have?
Speaker 3: I don't that's a great question. Probably a helmet, a helmet. Helmet is a helmet? A hat? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yes, hat. Helmets are hats. You heard of your first helmets? Hats?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: I think if it's like a fool. If it goes over your face, it's not a hat. If it just covers the top of your head, then the helmet.
Speaker 3: Is a hat. Well, I the helmet, Yeah, they have like those half helmets, right, or like a motorcycle Yeah, motorcycle helmet can't be a hat, We can't can't be a hat? Can be a hat?
Speaker 1: What about the half kinds? Well, not like the full.
Speaker 3: Like well like right to half kids if they will long the little spike on the top. Yeah, yeah, Oh dear, we've we've covered a thing here, folks.
Speaker 1: Wait, here's our expose coming out straight after the bombiton. We're pivoting. We're no longer talking about games. We're talking about helmets and hats.
Speaker 3: Uh. But we all need to put a helmet on because we.
Speaker 1: Got the bad boy of games media. You got to put on protection when you're around him because he's knocking noggins all over the place and nothing else.
Speaker 3: I swear to God, like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Where your protection are? I'll hurt you. That's what we're doing there.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, John Merrell, kill you. We talked about you being scarier, didn't we didn't we talk about you trying to be scarier Mike.
Speaker 4: I thought that was scary.
Speaker 3: I just threatened to beat someone up, did you.
Speaker 1: I find that comforting because if, like Mike Minaughty is going to beat someone up on my behalf, I'm like, oh yeah, I call him.
Speaker 3: I think Mike is the third. Like.
Speaker 2: It's weird because I make you look a lot like Rick Steiner and yet your disposition is nothing like bark barkwolf man Rick stein Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe should open a Shonees and I'll just kind of naturally become hardened.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I think that's what happens, and that's how they became so tough. Is they bought a Shonees after their wrestling career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you guys. Go ahead, Jen a in h.
Speaker 1: First, I just want to reiterate we were brought to you today by Deco deals dot Com. Head over to Deko deals dot com slash John Boum.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and.
Speaker 1: Save yourself some money, some sch money over there. Also, you can make a fun list. And I'm not trying to incentivize y'all, but you are going You have the ability to not only fill out a quiz to see which one of us you were most similar to. Uh, you can check out a bunch of lists we made. I guess you can also vote for a specific game that we will play on a UPF this month of November.
Speaker 3: Runner right now, just dance six? Hell yeah, hell ya? How can we even do that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: They Oh boy, I thought the outlawed Waggles, So I don't know those games even still coming out.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 4: I think it's all kind of pretend to. I mean, at least by likes play it. They kind of just play the YouTube videos and dance a long.
Speaker 1: Really, I thought I got beef, and I've had this beef simmering in uh in the background, and Mike, you bring it up because you're the bad boy of games media. Sure, and I think I also want to dip my toes into being a bad boy. A couple of packs is ago, dear friend of the site, Mary Kish, sitting next to her. A gentleman walks by. He's wearing a leather vest. I look at Mary and I asked, Hey, you think I could pull that off? She almost does a spit take, looks me in the eyes as like, no, you, mister rogers coated motherfucker, you can't wear a leather vest. Go put on a cardigan or something. So I don't know what you're supposed to be on my side.
Speaker 3: We are terrified of Mary, so no, can't be on your side.
Speaker 4: Gets Mary? Are you in safe? Harry knows what's best for us. Come on, it's fine. On one of your likes on the Decue deals pages, fighting games. I mean, I think you like fighting games, but I don't know if I associate that to you.
Speaker 3: I don't remember putting fighting games down. So are you calling Deko Deals a liar?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Because I do like I like the reality is I just like about every kind of video games. So yeah, I love video Wait a second, I wouldn't have it stand out necessarily?
Speaker 3: Is what happened here?
Speaker 4: That we put down some temp once for Jeff and then he never like I definitely filled a man?
Speaker 3: Oh that could be Look, there is a world where we can update those Yeah, I mean I like to discover that world. But when I do discover it, I will let you know.
Speaker 4: Like RPGs, I mean you like RPG's fine, I don't know if that's like my good.
Speaker 1: Also was surprised by seeing RPGs, but then I thought about it more than mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, No, I didn't. I definitely didn't put down RPG are you I was like, are you guy? Are you guys being serious?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yeah, I said, you guys believe.
Speaker 2: That I would put RPGs down there. I like RPG's fine, but you know, there's no way I would have.
Speaker 4: Of course, I know that's what happened. But I'm trying to be like, just in the one percent. I want to be like, you idiot, you don't like funny games.
Speaker 2: At RPGs, Like you don't even know me, monkey, I think that uh yeah, if something must have got lost there, I got mixed up or something.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, Mike, what would grub put down? What would you put down for Grub?
Speaker 4: I mean dad games, which we have a whole section of for sure, so.
Speaker 3: We have that making my own fun.
Speaker 4: In quotations, okay, then not reading Yeah bullshit, yeah bullshit?
Speaker 1: Ye just put last he loves bulls.
Speaker 2: Terry Kavanaugh just released a game about an egg trying to get up a platforms.
Speaker 3: It looks like a bunch of bullsh What do I call that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sure either I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to be like, we're early on the reclaiming slop ass, not inherently pejorative. Uh people, people are like having that conversation, like I already feel that way. Friends, slops a great thing, and I want more of it. Uh grub, did you put weird Japanese games?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: Because of that, I can believe. Yeah, yes, I think I put that.
Speaker 2: I put tutorials and then they put bad tutorials in there for me because they didn't want me to look like a complete asshole. And I appreciate that. Uh So some of the stuff got in there. That's why I'm like confused, because I definitely put down some things and they made their way into mind.
Speaker 3: You put down.
Speaker 4: I want to see what they edited it might have been to remember such a thing. I got it, I got it. I don't worry. I know how to pull up the document. Oh you like hand held gaming devices, That's it's true. Yeah, eating burritos alone games that feel and don't think. I think maybe the problem is that yours are too long. That's probably what happened there.
Speaker 2: They had to sort of translate that into eating burritos alone. That sounds like an RPG nerd. I'm Fine's okay.
Speaker 1: With you, you know, I always seeing that you put feel but don't think shit fucking Star Wars build. Yeah, you fucking shit, you do right.
Speaker 2: I don't even I don't even necessarily mean it that way, but yes, absolutely, yeah, let me just feel and not ever think.
Speaker 1: Speak about feeling and not thinking. I feel as coach tired because last week, boys, we were all together in New Jersey. We did the bombathon. We did twenty four hours. These two titans among men, I think slept the least. I'm talking about Grub and mister Manatti here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we both slept none.
Speaker 4: But I made I was like much more obvious about probably bags. A lot of people are like, wow, Mike, You're the only person who didn't sleep at all, and I'd be like, I don't think Jeff slept either.
Speaker 3: He's just not a bit about I have a photo. I do have a photo I uploaded to our album. Okay, not sleeping, but it was, yeah, it was in France, like I like went up to the side and I did like some breathing and stuff like that. Yeah yeah, And it was like, yeah, I know for a fact Mike definitively did not sleep, and his ability to stay up is probably like the one takeaway from the trip that has me the most shook like.
Speaker 2: Because he's he's also the person to like he said to himself first to sleep last to a wake up, so they also to like that for that to be true, and then also can stay up the longest.
Speaker 3: It's it's surprising, perfectly balanced. I've I've found a way to make it make sense in my mind because it's like the inverse of like a bear hibernating and just sort of like his bear like tendency lost all disciplines. Like yeah, like I get it. Like the guy who regularly you will sleep twelve hours can like muster the twenty four hour strength to stay up. So I get that, and I guess that's how I've squared it. But I will say towards the end there, Mike, you fucking scared me. I mean you scared me just with like what you were kind of the way you were presenting. It was a Manati. It was a flavor of Manati that I was not.
Speaker 2: I think back when you were loopy, and I think Mike Manati Manatti was clinically insane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there was a point there where we could have had him committed.
Speaker 1: The number fifty nine took over Mike Manatti and oh.
Speaker 3: Was the number that haunts of my family? Yeah, the power fifty nine. Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, look, I was leading in to it a little bit, but I was definitely pretty loopy, and it was things just came to my head.
Speaker 3: Gosh.
Speaker 4: The weirdest one was when I told I told jan you're nothing but a slept to me now somewhere one, Well, that's something a friend of mine in the tenth grade used to say all the time to make me laugh. And somehow that thing popped up to the front of my head. Shout outs to Mark Craikcraft's funny guy. You guys have like that eccentric high school friend who just kind of did things. I really admired that he was always like the last day of the month, I wear a suit to school. Everyone's like, all right, Mark.
Speaker 3: You do that? You know that kind of thing?
Speaker 4: The kid perchance, No, he wasn't a theater kid. He's like, he was my star trek buddy. If that if that helps at all, he was like.
Speaker 3: He doesn't, it doesn't help anything. I speaking of help, I must help my wife get into the house because I have locked around like a fucking asshole. Ah.
Speaker 4: This is incredible. Do you guys know Backlar's offices in the upstairs. Yes, So we were at Backlar's house and we go in, and I had been there before, so of course I started giving his bathroom once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I blew up his bathroom once, that's right. And then I was like, all right, let's go take a look at the pinball machines.
Speaker 3: That was fun. But then later we were like started to looking around for real.
Speaker 2: And we went upstairs and we walked into Backlar's office, which had move like one room oversaw. I was a little bit confused, like, wait, this, this is not how I remember it. And then Mike comes in and just cannot believe that his office is on the second floor and not in the basement. So why was that so surprising?
Speaker 4: Chat Did anyone else ever assume that this was a basement office for some reason? It's not just me.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was just convinced the entire time I've been doing caught the Backlard that his office was in the basement. It just didn't like the destroyed in the discord Mike, if you looked at his door on the left hand side of our frame, the daylight hitting.
Speaker 2: That wall is so apparent to me. It's like that has to be a window right there.
Speaker 4: I think, I think in the I think in the old room it wasn't it was darker or something.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what. I don't know for a minute, been there though, both you. Yeah, Well, the only thing I do is I did move myself from the corner of the room into the center of the room, as you guys know. And I think that's it though, like the light, there's nothing else there. I mean, I don't have to tell you, Mike.
Speaker 4: Just is it just because uh grub an excuse me? Dan are in the basement song? Just like putting everybody in the basements.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You didn't think that, you thought you were the highest member of I was. I was, I was like, are you and your parents house?
Speaker 3: Mike?
Speaker 4: What about that chance? Always just in like some other robe like a kitchen or as He's easy to figure out.
Speaker 3: But no, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know why that like destroyed my whole worldview seeing Beckler's office not be in the basement.
Speaker 2: It was, and he was very like he didn't let it go for a while. Brought on this podcast like a week later. Yeah, we we we caught on video. We'll we'll, we'll cut together something special for our time out in New York. Uh yeah, I'm looking for great Oh man, god.
Speaker 1: Pizza is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's like one thing that's bob me. I want my computer real bad. Yeah computer you Yeah, I don't have. Yeah, it's not like I'm sitting on it here and fucking just blaming anybody I'm dressing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I'm gonna blame Isabella. That's the only builders name that I knew from our time in main Gear.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you.
Speaker 4: Meant I thought you meant the dog from Animal Crossing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's who he meant.
Speaker 2: Total would be the same person. We don't know for sure. She did a good job putting together those computers though.
Speaker 3: That was a lot of fun. That's great.
Speaker 1: They also like gave us spare stickers too, from like our cases. So I have like these scout blinged out stickers. Now it's great.
Speaker 3: I'm so exciting. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I guess some of my nephews and nieces and it was a good combination of like, oh well this is crazy.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh.
Speaker 4: My niece came up to me as like some kid at my school news knows who you are, and my dad likes you.
Speaker 3: And they want an autograph, and I oh, talk about like big day for getting warm up.
Speaker 4: He's already too bad. My handwriting is terrible, but here we get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did want to say, your signature is what's the word I'm looking for? Secondary level stupid? It's just whoop? Is it?
Speaker 2: Buddy back around to make fun of stuff like that, because I would be like, mine's not that great either, But I know Backgar's handwriting is good, so he could just really late you about it.
Speaker 3: I just what's going on there? But it just looks like a child's version of birds? What's happening?
Speaker 4: She was pretty bad at birds too, like you know, even like them for a bird. Wait a second, I do the fun thing where because I have the two eyes and I have the line for the team and audio to kind of make it look like a face.
Speaker 3: And that's I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Can you say that again?
Speaker 3: That doesn't make it any better? Time gangster m hm hereah, it's my sign that you see. It's like a mustache villain, a debaucherous double news. Oh man, you're speaking of main gear for real? What a tremendous. Oh my partner, and keep talking about excuses to like go back. So yeah, for sure, but you can go back now, right because I feel like we have not uh we should. We should be talking about this a lot more because it is another mechanism to support Giant Bomb. If you go to me slash Giant Bomb and you find something you like there, or you use Giant Bomb code at checkout, you are directly supporting Giant Bomb and you're also getting yourself a fine piece of PC equipment. So by my plate, Yeah, Mike's upset that no one's bought his plate yet.
Speaker 2: Mike, I legit considered buying a plate just to make you feel better, not telling you, would you do that?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't like you one hundred dollars much. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Wow, I'm gonna keep that a bike of Christmas.
Speaker 3: Mike will remember that? Remember that?
Speaker 4: Come on, don't you want to plate of my dog on stitches spaceship?
Speaker 3: Plenty of my plates, Mikey, what's up? Yeah? What the hell?
Speaker 4: I plates because they're nondescript.
Speaker 3: Because the stay Devil people love the script just arcade, person arcade. What's not to like? Bud Blow in the dark green. Is the Devil more popular than Space Mountain these days?
Speaker 2: I think the devil is definitely more popular than your dog. If you put the Devil into the Space Mountain, I think people would.
Speaker 3: Have been like, all right, you can get a marker and just like generalized Satanism. You know, it's a very progressive church.
Speaker 4: I'll have you know, right, come on, can you imagine how bad it would be if like satan was really came in. It's like, all right, first to go, all you people who bathed light of me. You thought that I was fun to know. You're the first to get the poker on the butt.
Speaker 3: I'm a chill ass dude. What's that you worship the house, oh whip where you worshiped a mouse for your entire life? Well, haven't talk like a Californian from s NL whip on Space Mountain.
Speaker 4: Hero I still haven't renewed or started up by Disney Plus again, that's how good of a person I am.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, we posted.
Speaker 1: If you go to main gear dot com, slash giant bombs the r O right backler, Yep, that's it. You can look at all the cases that we put out so you you can see the brilliance. Shouts out to Jerem, Shouts out to Tim Nicholas, Shouts out to the folks main gear that helped Dan make his Shouts out to me because I'm good at photoshop for making money.
Speaker 3: Yours is really yours really is a lot and it's great. God. I love Penn and Pixel hip hop is They're so they're so good.
Speaker 1: Gang anything else?
Speaker 3: Uh you want you want to talk about before we get going with the show.
Speaker 4: Even No, Yeah, do you guys go to Shonies when you were kids? I like what road Every road trip was like, we're going to Shony one here. It was just a change restaurant that was it's kind of a Denny's, but I don't know. It felt more like a warm hug than Denny's. Mobe just because I was a kid.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 2: I like the Betel, Yeah, I felt like a respite on the road. I don't know, it's it's a It's a nice restaurant.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was the first place where I ever had French toast sticks. And I was like, this is sweet.
Speaker 3: God, You're like, man, we are just different people.
Speaker 2: I don't remember mine too, but only because I was working at Burger Kings when the Burger King invented French toasticks.
Speaker 3: So yeah, oh no they still wow. Okay, I'm just glad. Uh. Mikey got to see his first youth hockey ice hockey game.
Speaker 4: Man, that was great because we showed up to yeah, DIM's hockey game when it was like in progress, pretty deep, and literally as we walked in, he got.
Speaker 3: A breakaway and score a goal. It was awesome. And then there was a kid fight. There's a kid fight.
Speaker 4: Later it was great.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I mean it was you know, child child violets, but.
Speaker 3: They hit a kid better another kid, right, yeah, but the best was like it's it was. It was a typical for that league, like new these kids never fight their ten right, but like your face it's like you're like, what what's happening right now? Is this okay?
Speaker 4: Were someone to jail, like we need to leave.
Speaker 3: He looked for the nearest exit.
Speaker 4: Man. That's great because like you know, everyone's like, yeah, let's let's go watch tim uh uh uh grub and jin like oh, we got to the groceries and dad was it was just straight up like I don't want to go. It sounds boring, but he would have loved the kid fight. I think, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, probably good.
Speaker 3: He wasn't there. It's probably too much. Got some stink guys.
Speaker 4: So you'd be cheering them on.
Speaker 3: Again, Bombiton, fantastic event.
Speaker 1: Shouts out to to to y'all watching, whether or not you were able to throw in a sub or a kofee uh kofi. We We appreciate all of y'all, and I also just want to give another special shouts out to the Chuck Turbo, Sean will Crosby, Tim Nicholas for helping out and all the folks in main Gear. What a lovely space. It just worked. It was just yea, all the bells and whistles and even more. And I'm I apologize for probably all of us blowing up that one bathroom that was closest to the studio.
Speaker 3: I did my best to clean up after myself when I could. Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But hey, you know what we can take away from this bagels right one?
Speaker 3: Two? Whatever?
Speaker 4: However many Coast bagels, Oh my gosh, oh gosh, guys, I they order bagels and the one time I ate three of them, you would have thought that I, like was a man versus food situation.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I want to make clear I was on your side for this, Mike being like this is not a big deal.
Speaker 3: It's not it's just there's something fun, harmless.
Speaker 4: I never had East Coast bagels, and they were super good. I was starving. I didn't really eat breakfast, and then like of course didn't. There was a special god French toast again. I like French toast flavors. Apparently there's the.
Speaker 3: French taste your family French toast.
Speaker 4: Now backward did put the bagels away, and I had to not tell him by what them, but whisper to Jeff about how I was sad the bagels were gone. Something Jeff spoke up for me, like my big brother, I have brought back out.
Speaker 1: He saw this interaction happen like without thinking grub just like Mike wants another bagel, Like Mike just looks down as like I do.
Speaker 3: Them what good stuff? Good stuff? All right?
Speaker 2: It was just a reflex like that's what like when the just like when the kids say they want something like well then I we'll just make that happen.
Speaker 3: That we have this power.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, here, my poor brother A j was you know, like the meme like oh, he asked for no pickles. He did have to do that constantly for me because I was too shy to go out myself, and my parents would make him be like, you have to remake this because my idiot brother will not enjoy the flavor.
Speaker 3: Of Where does that come from? Do you think that's just the nature of your personality or is it like.
Speaker 1: I'm pain I'm painfully shy.
Speaker 3: I think I was shy.
Speaker 4: I think and the bagel thing, I was worried about being judged, which I was correct about. That was.
Speaker 2: Everyone else in the room, anyone talked about for the rest of the day.
Speaker 3: It's true. Well, it's just because we talked to other people from the area and we were and they were like, three, huh if most people were flumm exh point.
Speaker 4: Of conversation, Yeah, you know what, because obviously I'm not a shy person, but I am deeply non confrontational.
Speaker 3: I think it's this. It was like a situation.
Speaker 4: I'm like, this person might be mad at me that I want them to make me like that already made me a sandwich, and I'm like, I don't want this one that seems deeply insulting and upset.
Speaker 1: For sure, I have all right, boys, anything else and any other like there.
Speaker 3: Is something else. There's so always something else. I you know, I don't know what wiki.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gosh, Chuck keeps asking us because I apparently it works when we say stuff.
Speaker 3: Uh, and so I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 2: There's the Wiki Street Team that you can request to join in the discord. Just go do that and help, like any sort of help is going to be welcome. You stuff out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, help preserve the because you know, we're making a new site. There's the wiki on the old site. We're trying to preserve that. But you know, help is needed. Take some hands, say whether you know how to code or that stuff or there's you don't and you can find other ways to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just join the street team.
Speaker 2: And if you were like watching that, you're like, Wow, this Chuck guy's like pick up the slack from these idiots who won't just promote themselves.
Speaker 3: And you did a really good job.
Speaker 2: We'll show him some love by helping him out with Yes, that'd be a good way to do it.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, you can head to BombCast dot com slash wiki w I k I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the repo I think on GitHub one of those get repositories.
Speaker 3: It's that's very important, you know, the site relaunch. We are closing in on a date. We're not ready to say it just yet, but it's very close. It is fast approaching. So it's also a good time to remind everybody to check those emails if you've not opted into the transfer of your user data from UH, you know, fandom serve vers to ours. That's what we need to be able to do UH in order for you to have control over your account when we make the transition, so that there's also going to be another email between now UH and the end of the year that you'll have to like get and sort of take a look at. If you already opted in, you're good. You don't have anything to worry about. But just expect another email at some point that's gonna put you in the in the right direction for for making the jump with us. But it's it's coming, it's coming. We're we're almost there. We're we're in the let's say like we're like in the seventh inning. If you want, can you.
Speaker 1: Can you say can you look into the camera and say we're an endgame?
Speaker 3: Now we're an endgame? Now?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: Thanks doctor Strange. Yeah yeah, it so yeah. Thank you Chuck, and thank you everyone for for bearing with us as we uh as we get to the finish line here, folks looking exciting though.
Speaker 1: I'm gang if you are a premium member you do have access to the Premium site beta, and I will tell you uh as someone that has spent a lot of time in the back end of the existing site. Now I am so ready to move on.
Speaker 3: It'll be I thought you're gonna say something about a cup of coffee in the big time there coffee on that server. Put it all over that.
Speaker 2: Voices everyone can do. You just have to whisper while screaming.
Speaker 1: It's that in a Kermit I feel like people can do a macho man in a Kermit voice.
Speaker 2: Everybody sports, everyone can at least say I'm Kermit. Defrog anything past that, it might fall apart.
Speaker 3: But everyone can always do that. Who's Kermit right now? Who doesn't sound like Kermit?
Speaker 2: And I was gonna be like, so sorry, but that also upsets me so sorry for us, Mike, sorry.
Speaker 3: That you guys must endure. I'm sorry. I appreciate that. I agree it should be AI voiced Kermis.
Speaker 4: You're right, fuck, oh geez alright, oh god, it's like the Coca Cola Corporation has doubled down on AI commercials and it's so a Polar Bears if they don't even do the Polar Bears because they know that would be a back comparison point.
Speaker 2: So it's just every other mammal from the Animal Kingdom, like rap it and they all you can, like obviously tell that the AI is pulling from the Koala Bear from sing when they get to the Koala Bears, it's like, oh, you're.
Speaker 3: Just copying that.
Speaker 2: It's and there's like fifty cuts because they can only have these very short clips because that's all the all these programs can do so far unless you build your own, and they're not going to fucking do that. It's terrible. It's terrible.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 2: And I say this to someone who loves Coca Cola Christmas commercials because I'm a fucking mark Yeah, and it's like.
Speaker 3: You are ruining this for me. Even the commercials are getting ruined.
Speaker 4: You ruined Coca Cola Christmas Komer Souls for the love of God with your freaking creepy AI. Santa Claus to jumps have some pride.
Speaker 1: You are the inventors of the modern idea of Santa Claus. Like that the Coca cola is like when you reach your Santa Claus. It's the Coca Cola Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: And the idea that you wouldn't like be proud of that and treat it well is insane to me. Insane. Well, I should get real problems. But still as far as our computers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Disney, you're listening for Mike, make me the new Kerment. I can hold it for a little bit longer than just saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 4: Also have to be a puppeteer, because like it is always the guy puppeting and doing.
Speaker 3: This podcast right now? So many bottle time? Can can you do?
Speaker 4: Like a Richard gear Chicago thing? Like you were, You're over us pulling all our strings as we're doing the podcast, Like oh yes, so yes, I yes, they both. I asked the both. I guess they both read for it, the gun, the gun and the gun. Yeah like that, sure, okay, thank you got all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got all that.
Speaker 3: I did not at a certain point understand anything he was saying.
Speaker 1: So it's okay, I understand, and I understand it's time to talk about video games.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, yes, so yes, they felt so Yes, they felt so Yes. They both retored the gun, the gun, the gun, the gun.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, they both retore the gun for the gun.
Speaker 1: Cicero speak about Chuck and designing in the new website, helping Chuck out with the wiki. Chuck was a fantastic DM during the bombathon when we checked out the war Frame nineteen ninety nine Operation Orias Orius Orias, there's like oreous table top configuration of Warframe. Grub Minatti and I were playing it. Let me tell you, I had a lot of fun. I had fun doing it.
Speaker 2: That's the first time I've ever tabletopped rpg'd. I've never partakeed the partook. I've never done that before, and it was a lot of fun. I love rolling dice to see if I get to do things.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's my problem, but I like whenever I'm playing one of these, I'm like, I hope there's as many like status yeah or whatever checks as possible.
Speaker 3: I just want to be checked.
Speaker 4: I think that's one of the things I liked about Borers Kate three. It was like all the times like roll a dice. I'm like, hell, yeah, I want to roll a dice.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize how much the D and D and tabletop stuff just spoke to the theater kid energy that it has been like dormant inside of me of like, oh, we were very funny. Oh thank you.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you were talking Joshua clips when you're being bent Star Wars.
Speaker 3: That was good.
Speaker 1: I don't remember referencing the Holy Spirit, but I guess I did as Ben's Star, that's right. Yeah, folks, we have been cutting out some of the segments from the Giant bombiton. You will lose a little bit of the fluff and banter in between, but we did cut out the tabletop segment as well as a bunch of the other segments. They should all be up on the Giant Bob YouTube right now. I just wanted to call out us playing this tabletop game because I kind of want to finish that mission at least, and I agree the question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have to still save a person or something, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Yeah, you guys figure out the mission stuff. I'll just keep rolling and doing all the fun stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, all of it was fun, and you know, in the future, if there is an appetite for it. I would like to do more tabletop stuff on this website.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think there's a good complimentary sort of thing through the other stuff that we do, and it would.
Speaker 3: Probably be worth looking into more.
Speaker 2: We have a lot on the table stuff we have to do, so no promises, but I just really enjoyed myself and I think this would be a good crew to run with.
Speaker 3: So yeah, let's let's try to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe maybe Dan can continue to take a nap just for the sake of.
Speaker 4: He was really being like, I want to try it, and I'm like, I don't want to discourage him trying to things, but I just don't see him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Jeff, at.
Speaker 4: This point, I want to discourage him. Yeah, we don't. You want to see him do it? Okay, No, no, no, I want to discourage him. It's like, yeah, you could do that in your own time. That's fine.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go do work over here. So Yeah, it was fine. It worked out great. I think it went really well. Yeah, it was a ton of fun.
Speaker 1: Also shouts out to our friends of Digital Extremes for a sponsoring that segment. Uh, just like the three of us were Dispatched to Go Save Someone Jeff Grubb. This morning you checked out episode one of Dispatch. I'm super curious about this game because it's blowing up.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like something like a million copies sold and a little bit over a week. I was aware of it because it has quite the voice cast. Speaking of tabletop roleplaying games, Critical Role is partly responsible for this game. Like their their badge comes up as like one of like when the credits start, it's ad hoc games, which I believe didn't look into it, but I believe that is former Telltale people and certainly feels like one of those games. And then they work together with Critical Role, who helped to fill out the cast. And I think that combination and really, like, you know, just the marketing power of Critical Role. This game just had the attention of a huge number of people. And then it is high quality, it's well done, it is quite good. So I think that those combination of factors helped us get over the top. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I had a vague idea of sort of a select your own story sort of thing, and that's certainly what it is. The setup is you are playing as the third and a line of Iron Man like superheroes. Your grandfather created this suit. You had a small fortune to sort of maintain it. But your character runs out of money, the suit gets damaged. He doesn't know how to fix it, so he's got to retire, and then this group approaches him. It's like with a proposition. It's a pretty lady, blonde superhero who's kind of flirtatious, and you're like, You're like, what what's going on here? And she's like, well, I'm here to offer you a job. Even though they do kiss or I suppose that's one of the choices you can make. The idea is they're going to set you up as a dispatcher to help manage a crew of superheroes responded to things sort of in real time. Think the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood mechanic of dispatching assassins out to missions, but a little bit more engaged. And then if you do that, they will bring back your suit and make you a superhero again. So I did the first chapter, the first episode. This is an episodic game, just liketale telltales games have been in the past, and I think that the storytelling the acting, and the sort of the setup is all super well done, and like the blocking, the animation of the characters, the visual style all really jumps off the screen.
Speaker 3: It's got a strong.
Speaker 2: Cell shaded comic book look, but with a lot of details still. And then the character designs themselves are just really strong. Although at this point we have had so many of these, Hey, the classic superheroes you know and love, filtered through a different lens, so like here's the stand in for the Human Torch, and here's the stand in for the Invisible Woman and all stuff like that. So it's another one of those. But I'll say this one's at least on par with like Invincible in terms of its character designs. The one thing that really stuck out for me in terms of like, oh this is maybe a little bit even more engaging than your typical Telltale game. It has all the you made a choice, you made a tough choice that now this person's going to remember that stuff and it's gonna have effects on the story later. All that stuff is there, But as far as the dispatching mechanics, it's got this cool thing where like you have a team of superheroes on the bottom and then you get a mission, and the mission has a description of like, hey, you need to be smart and negotiate with someone, and then maybe you have to like give a speech, and so you might want to have like charming abilities. And then the characters have a sort of one of those pentagonal chart that tracks their power level.
Speaker 3: I think the back of.
Speaker 2: A Marvel or an X Men card from the nineties, where it's like your power level, and it's it covers a certain part of this chart. You don't know what the mission's going to require, but it's also going to have a part of that chart that it fills out, like its requirements. And then so you send out superheroes that you think are a good fit based on the written description and based on their abilities, and then once they get to that mission, you check in on it and it overlays your hero or if you have two superheroes, sort of their combined power over that that bar or that that chart, and then it shows what the mission requires. And if it completely overlaps, that means you're going to succeed one hundred percent of the time. But if it doesn't completely overlap and a little part of it sticks off, sticks out, it'll tell you were, your percentage chance of succeeding, and then a little ball will bounce around inside of the requirement like the skill check, and if it lands inside of where your heroes cover, you pass, and if it lands outside of that, you fail. And I just thought, that's like, ooh, this feels really nice. It's snappy, easy to understand. It kind of still does the thing that Telltale games are strong at, where it's like I'm thinking about the mechanics in my head, I'm reading a description, I'm making choices based on what I think these characters can do, and then I get a little bit of a reflection of that in the game itself, and I just thought that, hey, this is enough to sort of put this game a little bit further over the top compared to the long run of Telltale games, where maybe that way of doing things grew a little long in the tooth.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm quite into it so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm happy you streamed that this morning. Grab I'm gonna have to go back and check that out. I'm super interested in this game. I feel like, for as much superhero content as there is out there, there still isn't like the best amount of games and based off of how you're describing this, I need to check this out. Also, it makes me really miss the Marvel Ultimate Alliance series.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was one thing I thought maybe we would do during Bonton. Maybe another time is due, like one of the X Men Legends game. Mostly just that Jan can be Psyclops. That might be a fun for a player thing to do at some point.
Speaker 3: Right, But yeah, yeah, Marvel Heroes was a thing for a long time. We got stuff like that. I think that, you know, this is not anything.
Speaker 2: Really close to that, but you know, an expression of like superheros being like, hey, people come to these characters for the storytelling as a vessel for that. This seems like a pretty well done version or take on that idea.
Speaker 1: Sure, And like I'm still excited about the Wolverine game coming out next year, But I don't know. When I think about the X Men, I think of more of them as a group rather than just someone solo Dollo. But exciting to hear about Dispatch. This is episodic, Yes.
Speaker 3: It's episodic.
Speaker 2: It's I think I just like Telltale games of the past, although I think the release schedule is a little bit more rapid than you might remember from Telltale where it'd be like two months between episodes. I think they're doing two episodes at a time, and they seem to be coming out every couple of weeks, two episodes every week.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Michael O'Leary and chat.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I hadn't really kept track of that because it was like I wasn't even really going to play this game. And then as it got more and more, buzz I checked into it, and I think five and six episodes five and six.
Speaker 3: Are out today as this podcast. What's coming out?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Going from dispatch to extractions, mister Minatti, mister Grubb, and I believe a couple of other folks yesterday checked out Arc Raiders.
Speaker 3: I'm super curious.
Speaker 1: Would I like this game?
Speaker 3: Have you played many extraction shooters?
Speaker 1: Jan No, but I hear like, if there's one to get in on the ground floor of the genre, it may be this one.
Speaker 3: It definite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, this is like the newest, spiffiest one. It's pretty new player friendly. We had Christian who's been playing a lot of it sort of shurpass us around. But even if he wasn't there, you know, you have like these missions that kind of like lead you to mechanics and you kind of guess, so, yeah, like yeah, the game just it felt really good. It it looked really good, and I was getting definitely understanding the loop where you're just going in and you are just looting things. And sometimes you're looking for things because oh, I need to make a weapons station back at my home base I can make more upgrades, or I need wires for this quest. And sometimes you're just looking for whatever, may be hoping to find a really good gun and hope you can hold onto that as long as possible. And then there's these arcs, and these are kind of the AI enemies, computer enemies, and they are machines. There's drones and those you can kind of take out relatively safely, but there's really big ones, like these giant four legged walkers, and it's like, oh, maybe we better just avoid those guys right now. I don't know if we how that fight is going to go down. Then there are also other players, right so you know, sometimes you're gonna fight them, something's gonna attack you. Sometimes you might just wave them off and kind of hope for the best. It's not like a Battle Royale. There even though like so much of it, like that it's not necessarily about attacking the other players. I mean, the only benefit to it is that you get their loot, which may or may not be all that useful.
Speaker 3: There's probably enough loot.
Speaker 4: Just in the map for you in a lot of ways, in terms of stuff you can carry, because you can't only carry so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could see the future of those confrontations where maybe you didn't want to fight the big walker, so you'll let that other crew fight it. If they win, then you attack them when they're done, when they're weak, and you take the stuff that they might have got from it, or maybe they get killed taking.
Speaker 3: Down the walker, and you finish it off. And it's like that. You can see the interesting dynamics there.
Speaker 2: I'll say that when I was playing, I was like, this is pretty good, and then when I was done, I began to I do I feel an itch to go back, especially hearing it runs really well on the steam deck, and I think that solo queuing for me would be pretty fun in this game, where it's like I'll just like run, I just want to upgrade.
Speaker 3: My stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed early on in Call of Duty just doing the like upgrading my character by playing the game and unlocking all the weapons and all the gear for each weapon and stuff like that, and this game being like, well, that's actually part of the loop of you can go through the and upgrade your character's home base faster if you go out and have a good run and get all this extra you know, mats and materials, and it'say, oh, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I want to do that.
Speaker 2: So I'm beginning to understand why the loop is so appealing. I'll go back another time and let's see if it really actually sinks its hooks into me. But at the very least, it's like this one has made the appeal of extraction shooters apparent to me.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did go back to do some solo queuing when we were done, and I did like that. It's a bit of a different experience for I think you don't, you know, And I always like this those battle royalgus or things like that, you can kind of just go it's not like, all right, let's make sure we're all together. Here's what I think we should do. What do you think we should do? Sort of a thinking, you know, it's like being at a theme park by yourself instead of being with a group of people. I have a little You don't have to have a little committee all the time. Just you just go on that side. And even like the interactions with other players seemed a bit more dynamic, whereas when there's a bunch of us, it almost it felt a little bit more shoot on site. Maybe that's just me being trigger happy, I don't know, but when I was playing by myself, there was more like, Okay, this person's literally doing an emote that says don't shoot.
Speaker 3: I guess I won't.
Speaker 4: There's another person just sitting there looting something.
Speaker 3: Why not target? Come on? That's what you know.
Speaker 4: You hear somebody trying to extract by getting on a subway, and I'm like, I'm just gonna go down there and shoot them with a shotgun as they think they're getting away in the subway. And I do that, and I feel like a little stinker. But it's fun the game. When we were playing all of us, it made being a coward more fun than it's ever been for me. Because there's one part we were in this hallway kind of surrounded by these windows looking outside, and on either side of the hallway. Other teams pincered us and we're shooting, and before I could even do anything, Jeff and Christian were down, and I was like, well, there's no way I'm going to be able to save them.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna you just got a new good gun, right.
Speaker 4: I had this awesome shotgun. I don't want to lose, because that's what happens is you lose that loots. I just like dove through the window and just started running and let those two teams fight each other and I got out of there.
Speaker 3: So that felt good.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, do you all think this is going to hurt or help Marathon when it comes out at all?
Speaker 4: Hurt big time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hurt. Like this isn't going to be like a good on wrapper for people to get introduced to like extraction shooters.
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be a good arm right for people to be introduced to art greaters and to keep playing that. I don't know, because when I tried Marathon, that was the first time I try an distraction to shooter, So maybe just the whole thing was a little weird to me. I wasn't getting it at all. It didn't, you know, even though like you know, bungee shooting feels good, and that was there. I didn't think the enemies were very interesting. The encounters I was having with the players didn't feel that good. Even the world itself felt a little surprisingly flat. The app based stuff is not nearly as nice as it is in Arc Radors or you have a real sense of that kind of place right in setting.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe they're doing some.
Speaker 4: Work over there, right because they push that thing back. There's going to be another test at some point. I'm curious what people think. But I mean, how many of these kind of teams can there be because we sort of saw what the Battle Royal is like. Maybe a few, so maybe there's a room for another one of these. But I think our Creators is going to be it for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would think that for Marathon to get a benefit here, it's going to have to have something that really sets it apart and makes it feel unique, because it can't just be like, well, we're super welcoming, so well, our creators already welcomed everybody, and yeah showed up for that and it sold really well, so you kind of have to face that. And then if it's like, I mean, my question would be like, what could that possibly be? Because if you're super into this now, because our creators and you going to try some real sick oh shit, Tarkoff is still there. Yeah, and it's gonna be coming to Steam here soon. It's not on Steam yet, it's gonna be coming to Steam here soon. And if anything, it might destroy our Raiders and Marathon will never even stand a chance because now that thing is just the biggest. So yeah, I think Marathon's in.
Speaker 3: A tough spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I feel like on top of Tarkov, there's also the other behemoth that if Arc Raiders absolutely blows up kind of takes over, like as the hot game to stream or people are watching on Twitch, that Fortnite is just going to come in and create an extraction mode for folks. And speaking about Fortnite, Mike Manatti, you've been checking out Simpsons in Fortnite.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's one way to pull my boomer, ask beck In. I suppose it did one thing if it was just like the Simpsons Battle Pass with some characters you can buy, but the whole map is spring filled. And I'm a sucker for the games where you just Springfield. It's even like when you start playing, like like it's like the intro goes through like like it says Battle Royale, but it's in the style the Simpsons introuse when you're on the bus, right, yeah, and the bus goes through and then you see all Springfield, like going back to Virtual Springfield or the PC in the mid nineties and then Hit and Run. Of course, any games that have like all of Springfield there, it's neat. So you know, just say, d were we dropping boys Camp Krusty Like that's that's pretty neat. So yeah, just seeing all of it there, realize like that is is a good amount of fun. You know, Fortnite is still a really fun game. Ill said, I haven't seen like it's not like some of these updates where you're able to introduce items from the property itself to make it interesting. Like I know, when of those power rangers you could do a megazort thing. Yeah, maybe maybe there's more here. But the only like simpsonsz item I've come across is that fish with three eyes and it does like what a lot of.
Speaker 3: Ice that game do.
Speaker 4: Let's you kind of blink forward Nightcrawler style a little bit there, but you know, I did get the battle pass because I want to be Homer, and of course Homer is the last thing on the passele. Now it's like, oh, you got me. I guess I have to play a lot of Fortnite now, I guess that's why they do these things. Huh. Most gun is coming soon as an item Joe, so his shotgun I kind of like, right, just.
Speaker 3: Have like a revolver behind the bars.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, I'm about to unlock March.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: March is like the mainly weapon she gets is a vacuum cleaner, which I'm just going to tell myself is a Simpsons Arcade reference.
Speaker 1: Do they have Homer's car as like a vehicle?
Speaker 4: I don't know about his because the whole map is springfold. I saw all the cars kind of look like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I've been to the Simpson's house one time and I was running around there and that was fun because there's you know, each room, you know, Flanders House right by it. I was even inside Millhouse's house at one point. It's just fun details all over the place. So yeah, just like the aspect of dropping on the map and riding around seeing most Tavern, seeing you know, seeing the power plant all those iconic locations is super neat Yojo.
Speaker 2: What do you plan on PC? Okay, I downloaded on switch to I'm like, oh yeah, I could just play this on switch to Cover and I'd be like a good way to check in on Fortnite.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I kind of forget I can do that as well. I yeah, no build mode still, I once I once I had that. I don't know if I could ever go back. I don't know if I ever want to build again it.
Speaker 3: Fortnite. Oh, I did.
Speaker 2: Play a lot of Fortnite in this past week, but it wasn't any of the Simpson stuff. It was K Pop Demon Hunter Live Event Tycoon, which is a community created game where it's an idle game. You have to punch a block or shoot a block to get dollars to come out, and then use the dollars to upgrade your stage and your house and to buy new instruments to record new albums, and then you sell those albums to get new fans, and then if you get twenty five million fans, you could start a live event, which just means giant versions of your characters singing with the Hunters characters around the world.
Speaker 3: It was like it.
Speaker 2: Was cool, poorly designed one of these, and yet still like a ton of fun because it's like just this free little move that someone made in the game using the assets from K Pop Demon Hunters, and the girls were happy with it, and I have to have a fun time.
Speaker 3: So is it because they license the skins like your people can community create that stuff? Is that why it's okay? Yeah? Absolutely so.
Speaker 2: Uh like when you're when we were making the albums, it's like they were recording songs, they weren't able to use any of the Hunterricks songs, so they just used other songs from the game, right, Uh, but you know, the Hunters characters were there, you know Ka Pop Demon Hunter's characters are there, and yeah, like they couldn't bring anything that wasn't already done by Epic themselves. Yeah, so it's like, oh, the producer character or whatever, the manager, he's not in the game, so we don't have him running around at least as far as I know. But yeah, they just kind of use what they had, and then there was a bunch of of genera unreal engine assets to make it to fill out the rest of the world.
Speaker 3: And okay, people do this. It's been a bit of a let's call it a Fortnite time out, and we've not I've not seen the Simpson stuff yet. I want to. I'm gonna check that out. The last thing he was really into was that steal the brain Rock game, which, right, probably will we got into this mess in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, I the kids definitely asked about something along those lines.
Speaker 3: And like, well, I don't know if they have that yet. Yeah, I'm not ready for that personally. Yeah, it just sounds like this K Pop one is the community created one is maybe a little bit more like cerebral, not cerebral charitable.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, it's a good it's a good clicker in the way that all clickers are going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gosh. The last he said clicker. The last Simpsons game was tapped out, which you just can't even play anymore.
Speaker 3: But it made a ton of money while it was going, Yeah, let's cash out.
Speaker 4: I wish they made like a non like you have to wait twel four hours to do like things version of that game. I could just play now because there's something funny out that Also, the car Homer's car apparently you can buy that in the shop, which I mean, I imagine means it's an eat.
Speaker 3: You can use it in Rocket League. Yeah, that's actually okay. So there's like a separate mode where you drop into Springfield or is that just what the map is?
Speaker 4: That's just what the map is. The map is just Springfield right now, like the whole things. There's like Evergreen Terrace, there's Camp Krusty. There's something called like the Doughnut District with a bunch of the shops.
Speaker 3: Uh, this reactor. Yeah, so what do you think? Like I get, like, you know, the Zoomers in the Alpha, they know what's the Simpsons are.
Speaker 2: So like they don't have any money, so they don't doesn't matter. They don't matter right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, I say, I've never been super duper into the Simpsons, and I'm like, yeah, maybe like a middle millennial here, but I can see the value in it and it blowing up because of all everyone else having money. Like you said, Grub, I.
Speaker 4: Forget, Disney's invested like billions of dollars into Epic games, but I think, you know, I think Epic as they know, and they kind of do one for you, one for me. So it's like your Power Rangers, Old Sup Power Rangers and then K Pop Demon Hunters and now Simpsons and the next one will be la Boo boo or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think they Oh, I don't know if one each other, you know, yeah, that'd be all right. No, No, put Fargo in Fortnite, got it? I want them muppets just have a machine gun.
Speaker 4: It is there's a part of so this is maybe this is a Laboudo that's like, oh, so Barts just that's an assault rifle.
Speaker 3: It is shooting people. Now you're you're right, it's weird. You're right, it's weird. I do think though for me, and again maybe I'm just like hyper rationalizing, but like there is such cartoonishly nonsensical gun play in for like yeah, again, like I'm not trying to find reasons. It's not even like on Charter where on charge you's obviously marking like thousands of fools over and over and over again, and it's just like that's what the game is. There's something I don't know, and maybe I'm just drinking the kool aid with what Fortnite is sort of able to just get away with with very clearly being a third person shooter. But there is something about it that I'm just like, Man, it's it's just maybe it's like a nerfification of everything. I don't know, it feels like, yeah, you're right, I look.
Speaker 4: A lot of it's just because hey, it's really popular, so the brands are just going to embrace It's. Yeah, a part of me it's like, maybe the gun should look slightly less like real guns. Maybe it should really be nerfy, just because I don't want to be like a well somebody think of the kids thing. It's fine, but there's and they can slowly kids play, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: For sure, and they could slowly do you know over a long period of time. I feel like they could just make it so cartoonish, like.
Speaker 2: I could not imagine Mario in here holding assault rifle, Like I just couldn't imagine that so weird to me, I mean.
Speaker 1: Shadow, shadow strapped up.
Speaker 4: I mean a lot of it is still just remnants are the fact that this was originally a zombie like survival co op game thing, right. That's where a lot of this is still coming from, even now with the fucking Simpson's Crossover event where you can run into Darth Vader and Peter Griffin and the Red Ranger and just all this insane stuff. So but you know that it's it's been a good reason to go back to Fortnite.
Speaker 3: Why not, that's a.
Speaker 1: That's a dream blunt rotation you just mentioned, Mike Manatta. You've also been continuing your trek through Lumio's City with Pokemon Legends zaw.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I rode credits on it, and then I was like, oh and I can move on to something else button what if? And then I kind of kept playing it and I did all the I did the main post game missions too, which.
Speaker 3: Is kind of just continuing the royal stuff.
Speaker 4: For another quote unquote fifteen ranks, you can see kind of the final story beats, and then you know, I don't want to spoil anything, but then you can do a battle and you can capture an important Pokemon, and then that's kind of really it for the main quest. There's still things that could do, like I haven't finished that Lady's research stuff, I haven't done all the side quests, but I kind of did the main endgame stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that game actually really worked for me.
Speaker 4: It turns out, even though it is still kind of janky and weird, like I like the real time battles, but there's so there is a lot of like this kind just kind of stuck on the side of this building.
Speaker 3: Is it moving properly?
Speaker 4: Like you know, there's like supposed to be stealth with approaching these people, and that feels weird and not great as I'll get out, But fighting the Pokemon it feels good.
Speaker 3: The post scheme.
Speaker 4: Stuff to scale super well. Like when I was doing like that fifteenth fight my Pokemon, We're all in like the nineties in terms of level, and I was still fighting people were kind of in the seventies, So I was like, Okay, I feel like this end game sus should be getting more difficult, and it's actually mostly a kickwalk. Even the part of the day where I had to get my challenger's ticket by fighting everybody, it's like all these trainers would still have little fifty nine Pokemon. So it's beginning to feel more like a chore that was pushing through a little bit because I did want to see the rest of the stuff there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I did it. Endgame difficulty in Pokemon has always been a problem just across the board, with all their titles, But Mikey, would you say it's worth it to go through it to finish up those the rest of those ranks.
Speaker 4: You get a couple of cool Pokemon for doing it, if you care about that. And even outside of doing that, there's a couple important Pokemon you can catch too, And I caught one of them and I had them in my party and.
Speaker 3: That felt fun. So yeah, I mean it was me.
Speaker 4: It's like I was enjoying this game. I kind of do actually want to keep playing it, and I still felt a little cheated early on when the game like skips you skips a bunch of rankings for you. It's I kind of you kind of get them back here, I suppose in a way. So yeah, but uh, there was something to this game for sure. I don't think it was amazing or anything, but it is definitely the Pokemon game that I clicked with the most since like the DS era.
Speaker 3: Probably. Yeah, so I was.
Speaker 4: I was pretty pleased all and all, and I'm excited I liked I liked the Legends side series a lot. I don't know if I still have too much hope for the main series. I'm not sure. I'd be curious to try it, but every time they kind of do slightly different.
Speaker 3: Things here with legends. I am here for it.
Speaker 4: Even though like this game was more of a Pokemon X and Y sequel than I was expecting. I kind of like digging into the lures, like, oh a lot of these characters did show up.
Speaker 3: In X and Y.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah, or like it relate to them? Oh interesting? I apparently did not remember much of what happened in that one.
Speaker 1: Speaking about Pokemon, one of the incentives was to revive grow into the Pokemon Center and revive Pokemonday Night combat with Sean and I, and that is we hit that goal.
Speaker 3: We hit all the goals really fast actually.
Speaker 1: So that will be coming soon to your internet's gang. The goal get me to worlds. I want to be a Pokemon champion, going from poke balls to ball balls. Mike Manatti, you and I have been playing ball pit. You played this last night on Mega man.
Speaker 4: I did this one's been getting a lot of buzz. It's been an insane year for roguelikes, roguelikes, whatever you want to call them, So you're not mad at me, but this one has still managed to pop off and get a ton of buzz and I didn't tylely I was getting into. I knew it was kind of arcanoid slash, breakout slash alleyway adjacent, but it's also it's a lot of Vampire Survivor's DNA, Like that's the specific brand of roguel like you're getting here in terms of, you know, you're kind of beating up a lot of enemies, you're picking up the XP, and then you're leveling up and getting boosts from that. But it is all in this kind of you know, you have these balls that you're shooting and kind of a shoot them up situation like twin stick style, but you know, they bounce around these very block shaped enemies, very much like a breakout or an arcanoid, and then you're getting bonuses like special balls, like this ball is going to make us every time you hit a block, it's also going to send a laser out to every other block on a horizontal line, or this ball is going to poison every ball it hits, so it kind of takes, you know, some ticking damage afterwards, and then the balls can eventually kind of evolve a combined with each other into super balls, and you get all this other wacky stuff so that feels great. Then there's some progression between all of it where you kind of are building out a city, so you're making resource tiles or buildings, and then you do another kind of arcanoid mini game, seending people out to these things to collect the resources or work on the buildings, and eventually, if enough people hit a building, you make that building and you unlock a new character or a buff or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that part of the game I don't like as much. But maybe it's just because I generally just hate base building of any sort.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, your base you're anti base building. I didn't see that.
Speaker 2: You're not a chance the only one I've heard say this that they're not as enthralled with that part of the game.
Speaker 3: I've heard that a couple of times. Mike, you do enjoy it, though, Yeah, I like it. I think it's an interesting flavor.
Speaker 4: I think it, you know, kind of carrying some of those mechanics into that part of the game, which sometimes can be somewhat basic.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I know what you mean, though, it is it's busier than it would be if it was just like, hey, you level it up because you have experience points, here's a new character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I was trying to debate whether or I was going to start playing this, and it was like, so, I'm at a point of the year where I'm like looking for any excuse not to play something so that it doesn't take my time. And I was like, oh, well, you know, there's other games like this that I like the whole package, so I'll just stick with those. But I don't know, it sounds like it's a little bit more split chat people going back and forth about it.
Speaker 4: You need to try ball pitch, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kind of watching you play last night, Michael Litel was like, oh, I should try this game.
Speaker 3: You, of all people grub should check how ball. Yeah. I was stucking that too. Yeah, all right, I'll do. So the part you're talking about is like, is that with the with the building stuff, is that like the it felt like it was like a farming thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a little bit like because there's there are like the resources, and like the wheat fields, your character will pass through it and collect it, but then other ones, like the forest, you'll bounce off it. You'll get a thing of wood and you'll need that to build the other buildings on there and you kind of like are moving these things around to try to.
Speaker 3: Play in it.
Speaker 4: So, Okay, my guy's gonna bounce off this building and hit that and then bounce into the forest and collect the resource. Now it's a to do. I think it's so fun to do. But I can see why some people are I wish.
Speaker 3: You could play. Yeah, I mean, no, that's what they want. That's fine. I was wondering, like, oh, I wonder why I like this still, what if this wasn't here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like the ball bouncing or people bouncing in that just feels clunkier than it does when you're actually playing the game. Game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the game super fun though, very you know, the progression was nice, like, you know, each time was like, Okay, I'm getting a little better at this, and I'm got Sometimes he plays games, it almost feels like a little too generous and easy in here. It's like, no, I just lost because my build wasn't good enough, and I have to learn more about what I should be looking for, which balls I should be leveling up and combining into better balls. Kind of. It's also very Vampire Survivors and that there's a bunch of different levels, so you know, I beat one level, it's hardly I beat the game. I'm going to unlock more of them. At the end of them, there's these boss fights that was then it kind of really felt like a shmup. Like I had this skeleton guy coming down towards me, and his weak point was in the back of his head, so, you know, very arcanoidea. I had to only kind of hit him from the back by bouncing my balls ast to the back wall and then into its crown.
Speaker 3: But they're like the.
Speaker 4: One time I had these balls that uh.
Speaker 3: I'm saying balls a lot. No, it was the implication of what you were saying, Judge.
Speaker 4: But like the one time I had like all these balls that like would just phase through things so they want to bunce around. It was very easy to came just we were doing straight shots and took them out, uh right away. So yeah, uh, I immediately got to appeal this. I think I definitely want to play more against been an insane year for these kinds of games, with Eighties two and Mega Magic and Monster Trained two and Nubby's Number Factory and just so many of these uh. And yet you know, I'm not really tired of it. As long as they keep making good ones, I'm still ready to show up for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like there was another one that we're forgetting.
Speaker 4: There was rack coin, which is more of a test right.
Speaker 3: That was the slot machine one.
Speaker 1: Oh god gosh, clover Coinstar, Clover pitched Clover clever Coinstar.
Speaker 3: Go to the bank instead and do it. Just cant Yeah, you're better off. They'll take a cut. It's not worth it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And to wrap off the first segment here, folks, we have the let me see if this works, No know, I hope it doesn't break anything. The Dad game of the Week the week Mars First Logistics.
Speaker 2: Why Yeah, people have been telling me to check this out for a while now. They're like, hey, grub here that you need another Dad game. Here it is, Uh, it's Mars First Logistics. And I don't know what I thought it was. I guess it's mostly what I thought it was, but it's a little bit more bite sized than I guess I was expecting. It's a banjo KAZOOI nuts and bolts like in that you are assembling vehicles to perform tasks and mostly take objects from one side of the map to the other and you could kind of build the the your your vehicles at any time. You just hit a button you could start editing them. And they do give you blueprints to like solve certain tasks, but a lot of times, so at least so far early on in the game, they are making me come up with my own solution first, and then afterwards they'll give me sort of an optimized blueprint to succeed at that task. There was one where it's like, just take this box to this point. I'm like, okay, I'm gonna build a little claw machine on the back and I'm just gonna drag it across the Martian surface and go for it. And then I got there, and then they gave me a little blueprint that was like, had these hydraulic lifts, so I could sort of build an arm and lift it off the ground and then drive across. I'm like, oh, okay, that's cool, and it unlocked the hydraulic lifts for me, so now I could use those of my own designs. It got really interesting when it was like take this steel beam to this space and don't just drop it off. You have to drop it off in a vertical way so that it actually like sits up and sits in this box and then we'll accept it. So I kind of had to build a claw to grab it, and I put that claw on a sort of rotating wheel, and then I had like a little catcher a bit of like PVC piping to catch it. So I picked it up, I rotated it, I loosened to drop it onto that PVC catcher, and then I had that on one of those hydraulic lifts. So I lifted it up and it began standing up and sort of leaning against the PVC piping, and then I drove into it to sort of set it upright inside of the acceptable thing. And I was so excited when it worked. It was, Oh my god, this is exactly what I want from this game. I was able to like come up with that idea, execute on it, and then like like succeed all in about ten minutes.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's about the right amount of time.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be spending hours and hours on these designs, at least not to just like do something simple like dropping off a steel beam.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's hitting the spot.
Speaker 1: I just wish I still had access to, uh, maybe a television show where you just bust idioms and and miscllaneous things and have a team of engineers to help you out because I feel like you have a top of your life.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes I would.
Speaker 2: I would love to be on a Battlebot team and just be like, can I come up with some ideas and let's see if we can.
Speaker 3: Figure them out? Yeah? I may actually be able to get us a team on battle Bots. Yeah. What a weird departure that would be this you're describing this. I was like, I feel like I need to be like huddled around a grill watching you understand, Like that could use a flip kind of thing, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely is just like, let's be clear, I am not good at these games. Uh Like, It's not like I have some great technical engineering mind. I have a simple caveman monkey brain.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Short, Well, I mean, I mean I do eventually succeed at the goals, but in an inelegant way. I just think it's good when these games are like that's that's fine, be an elegant, we don't care, just get the job done, and that still feels really good.
Speaker 1: Okay. I know that because of the Bambathon, we have several themed weeks up ahead of us. I mean, well into twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Sixty fifty two weeks a year, buddy, we can let's got well. I was going to.
Speaker 1: Say, if we can't devote a whole week to it, perhaps a day where we have science Fair project. I would like that and we just try to do stuff like throw an egg off the roof or like build a bridge out of like popsicle sticks or something like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, just for you. That looks really cool.
Speaker 2: So it has multiplayers multiplayer, and I think I decided during this that I am going to set up a stream and we're going to play some of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would like that because this looks and it has a steep kind of art style that's sort of like so shady ISHU.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know if you call this, but you're feeling I'm feeling it too. Man. I am rendered weak, I am, I'm i am. I'm no match to the draw of this game. You know.
Speaker 2: It's got like it's got that flat shading and to like have a stylish, stylish stylistic excuse me, look at like Mars, and that makes it run really well on something like the Steam deck. I think, like a real, real Dad game should be able to run on a lot of different machines. Should be able to run on an e machine from Best Buy.
Speaker 4: Yeah about Rush war games that take place on Marsh, Doom, Red.
Speaker 3: Faction, Red Faction, Guerrilla. Yeah, that's good. Yeah, a total recall for Super Nintendo. There's not a Doom part where you're on Mars. I said Doom first. I'm sorry the first Yeah, yeah, not Doom. Doom Now, Doom is very Mars.
Speaker 4: I mean Doom the twenty sixty one feels more Marszie, right, if you you could play the original Doom and not really no, you're on Mars. Let's be clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wa right, do play because it's a cool idea of like unleashing hell because you were digging for energy on Mars, like that idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the O G doo. Yeah dude, yeah, the original You're on Mars. Yeah for this episode at least. I mean, but but they're right, like they don't knock you over the head with that information. I feel like you're not Yeah, yeah, exactly, you would. You wouldn't know, you wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Look at us learning things.
Speaker 3: It's incredible. What was the fourth game for this mount Rushmore? I can't think of anything. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe this one. I guess it might just be this one.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, maybe it's this one.
Speaker 1: There you go, Mars First Logistics.
Speaker 3: Biker mice from Mars the Game folks.
Speaker 1: Oh, that about does it for the first segment of the show. We're gonna go take a quick bricky break and then grub. We'll be back with the news after this.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jan you taught me to overcome my fear of sharp objects. I want to teach you how to overcome your fear of saving money.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to. I will only ever pay the manufactured suggested retail price.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 2: You don't have to live this way because now there's Deco Deals the double D. That's right, Deco Deals is the best way to find deals on any major gaming platform or store.
Speaker 3: I don't want no bunk, out of date coupon code Grub, It's nothing like that.
Speaker 2: Deco Deals has both the hottest and the freshest deals, updated constantly. It's also just added Steam support with a super simple page to find bundles for Steam code.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I just found the Missed and Riven Complete Collection for eight dollars on Humble using Deco Deals right now.
Speaker 2: I also use dco deals to build and add and share wish list. You can even use it to keep track of your collection.
Speaker 1: You know what, I think we should all build some lists and host them on Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb.
Speaker 2: And if listeners go to Deco deals dot com slash giant bomb, they can vote to make us play a game on the November twenty first episode of Unprofessional Fridays.
Speaker 1: Learn more at Deka deals dot com slash giant Bomb.
Speaker 3: This is Jeff Grab with Jeff Crabb. Yes, it is hello, I have news. Let's uh, let's.
Speaker 2: Do something different. Just go in the order that I wrote it here. Nintendo Switch two's phenomenal launch continues as it clears ten million more than PS four and PS five the Nintendo switched and that's like. As of this point, I should say, the switch to has had a record big breaking launch, selling ten point three six million units by the end of September, surpassing the launch sales of the original Switch PS four and PS five. This led Nintendo to raise its hardware forecast for the business year to nineteen million units and its operating profit by fifteen percent to two point four billion. The America's accounted for thirty five percent of Switch to sales and Japan or twenty two point six percent. That's three point six eight and two point three five million, respectively, despite stock straits in Japan that continue continues to still very well there. This is, you know, probably worth pointing out the like the Switch two has been readily available and something like the PS five was hardware constrained, but you still have to sell these things when you put them out, and it is doing just about as well as it could be. I think the way to look at this is it has certainly continued the momentum that the Switch one built. It didn't miss a step, and it seems, you know, for all intents and purposes like it is going to do very well as long as it can maintain this rate. That's still there's still questions there, but early on people were wondering, hey, higher prices, all this other stuff. These numbers continue to say that doesn't matter, and people are showing up for.
Speaker 3: The switch to right.
Speaker 4: You know, so far, the console itself hasn't had to you know, there's the initial high price, but they haven't raised it yet, even though they were flirting with that. I know for a lot of people it's like, oh, this, you know, first year of software is as good as the switch ones. Well, sure, almost nothing is, but just looking at itself, I mean, you know, Mario Kart World. I know, like there's some people like, oh, I know this is good, but it's still a good game, and it's a Mario card bonanza. It's fantastic. Some of these switch To editions have been fun Pokemon Legendsza. I know that's on the you know, the switch one, but for me, I think a lot of people that's a switch To game. It's a ton of fun there, and there's just been you know, I think they've been benefiting so much from a lot of these heavy hitting andy games coming out in this launch window, like Soak Song and like Haiti Su and even I think Ballpit I heard is very good on a switch To. Like you know, I've been playing my switch To NonStop. I've been feeling very good about it. Yeah, and not a spoil a story. We're gonna get to you later.
Speaker 1: But Animal Crossing is looming in the background, and I could see folks wanting to pick up a switch To before it gets like super insane or maybe more challenging to get one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they could go up. Yeah, I actually don't understand. I don't get it. I don't understand. Why don't I don't understand. This thing costs so much more than it rightfully should. There's nothing really to play on it.
Speaker 4: Oh there's nothing to bonanza so good.
Speaker 3: That's not true anymore as much as it was at launch. It's just a lot of money. I just thought people have no money. I was under the assumption no one had any money, and I don't. I think there's something that's still not squaring about this.
Speaker 4: I mean, my point of view, the price of this thing is looking pretty good compared to an eight hundred dollars PlayStation five Pro or whatever, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, I guess, but not compared to like a Steam Deck. I mean, I realized it's it's the it's not they're Nintendo games. You can't play them anywhere else. I get it.
Speaker 1: I think with a Steam Deck, for as popular as they've become, even with the normies out there, there is still that added layer of like, oh, it's a PC, I'm playing PC games. I'm still kind of intimidated by versus like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's the momentum of like having the switch already and probably having a lot of games for it, and this thing playing it better, so like there's.
Speaker 3: Better than the first switch. Well that so that is almost exclusively because this is.
Speaker 2: More readily available. Yes, the supply is better. Switch one probably would have done equal to this, But I think they're I think that that this system is the first one really ever to kind of hit what is possible if you have unlimited supply. This is about as fast as you could sell if you're one of these devices at this price, So you know it's it's going to continue to do fine. I think it's just gonna probably pick up pace because, as you said back, the case is not wasn't great for it early on, but all the people that don't care or recognize that they're getting it now will be worth it because they'll have it for Bonanza and Mario Kart, and then they'll already have the device when all these other games come along.
Speaker 3: Well, all those other games are coming, and that probably will win a lot of people over. I do wonder if Animal cross.
Speaker 2: Seeing getting an update won't move the needle as much as I would expect an Animal Crossing thing to do, But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe, well, we'll talk about that in a moment.
Speaker 4: Do you think there are a large amount of people who are like, I want to get this out because I do worry the price is gonna go up.
Speaker 3: I think that's a measurable number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a fair number of folk. Yep, that may be in tune with the world.
Speaker 2: I think it's hard to think that way for the vast majority of people because it's so unpredictable. Although I think it's becoming more predictable that prices will go up, like every day there's a new reason why it might go up. And sure, I think the last update on tariffs is that we are back to the original status quo, like before what what do you fucking call it? Liberation day? Before Liberation Day? Tariffs? Like, so we're back to that point. So all those companies that moved production to Vietnam to avoid Chinese tariffs are like, well, shit, I guess we shouldn't have done that. So does that mean prices will go back down?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Now, SSDs and memory is gonna get way more expensive. I'm gonna say SSTs rams gonna get more expensive, and that's just going to keep causing all these things to go up in price over and over again.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think that the early adopters were always going to show up. I think it still is a test this holiday to see what happens next for this thing. See if the families show up for it at this price.
Speaker 4: Wait till Kirby air Riders comes out. Your son of a bitch, that's gonna You're right, it's gonna go wild three times as much as they already done.
Speaker 1: Mike, say, bitch the cool way.
Speaker 2: Its lawsuit to get slayered. He kept streaming pirated Switch games and taunted, I could do this all day, beauch.
Speaker 3: I think it's what he said, let go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did not go great for him. I think it would have been better if it was you, Mike. Nintendo has won a lawsuit against streamer Jesse Keegan letsa say Keegan, also known as every Game Guru, who illegally streamed pirated Nintendo games before the release. Keegan had streamed at least ten leaked Nintendo games over fifty times since twenty twenty two, including Mario Luigi Brothership, which is the one that Nintendo focused on. Basically, they won a case at court where this guy, now, oh seventeen five hundred Nintendo was even like, we could have asked for a lot more, but we're just gonna ask for the latest infringement, which was Mario and Luigi Brothership.
Speaker 3: This guy really.
Speaker 2: Taunted Nintendo and was saying things like You'll never be able to take me down because I have a thousand burner accounts on Twitch, So if you take me down, I'll just come back and do it again. He also said, you don't know about me. You might run a corporation, but I quote run the streets.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Wow, my god. You know what this folk heroes out there. You know, I'm live in for the rest of us.
Speaker 1: I haven't been on Nintendo's side lately with like a couple of their other tigious things, but you know what, I'm on their side of this one.
Speaker 3: It's just like the dumbest criminals, like the dumbest like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: These are they're they're warrior poets, just out there fighting for us, trying to show us how it's done.
Speaker 1: These guys who we have on the streets then fucked.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, the streets might be fucked. Actually getting off at seventeen to five doesn't sound so bad.
Speaker 2: Right, because a lot of others in similar situations. I guess this is like someone who was kind of an end user, although he was creating content, so that's a little bit different. Nintendo typically doesn't go after end users. They go after the distributors, these websites, these repositories. So those ones have been charged millions of dollars just one person who was.
Speaker 3: He's just annoying. He was just annoying, right, He.
Speaker 2: Was just annoying, and now his wages will be garnished for the rest of his life. He basically is a Nintendo Nintendo is a contractor. They just get his money, and so, yeah, this guy's not going to be in that situation. Animal Crusty New Horizons is getting that Nintendo Switch to Edition and a huge free update switch To Edition. Basically, it's tacking on a five dollars up up charge so you can get the new version, the switch to Edition complete with the game for sixty five dollars. It will it will have enhanced resolution, JOYCN two mouse controls, expanded online play for up to twelve players, and a megaphone item for in game communication where you can like, yell the name of one of your villagers and they'll be like, I'm over here.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It feels like that could just be a menu option too. And there's switch to camera support, so that's like the list of improvements. We've seen other games get those improvements for free, so this is.
Speaker 3: A little bit weird.
Speaker 2: But also five dollars feels like, well, they've charged more than that for others.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm in between on this.
Speaker 2: I guess I was a little bit excited to find out they are still doing stuff for that Animal Crossing game.
Speaker 3: Right though. And then there's the free update which adds a bunch of.
Speaker 4: Stuff yeah no, yeah, and you can go over that because I think that's the thing here. Is that really all the stuff that like the Animal Crossing heads that I know the people who aren't going to upgrade to a switch to until they need to because of Animal Crossing. I think, you know, even just I was talking to them out like a Halloween party, they're gonna be fine just with the switch one still because all the actual news stuff they care about is still coming to that version of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the atendo knows that. So this to me, feels like an acknowledgement that maybe this team, who I believe is the Splatoon team, maybe they were prioritizing a Splatoon first because both of those franchises are super important at.
Speaker 3: Nintendo now, and they're like, let's get let's get.
Speaker 2: Splatoon out early and then we can wait on the next version of Animal Crossing. So they kind of flipped it should have been a new Animal Crossing first because that the most recently got Splittoon three from them. Yes, some of the things in this free update, this is version three point zero. It will be released for both the Switch and Switch to versions. It includes a new hotel run by Kapin and his family. Increased home storage so now you can have nine thousand items I think it was five thousand before. A new dream location called Slumber Island for creating multiple islands. You can like then like edit those islands, like where the waterfall is and stuff like that in a way that maybe you couldn't.
Speaker 4: Four.
Speaker 2: Let's see here new collaboration content with brands like Lego but also the Legend of Zelda. There's and like just generalized Nintendo stuff, and that includes if you're an NSO member, you could bring a retro console into your house and play old video games inside of Animal Crossing. I think they said it was like one game per console though, and I was like Ice Climbers for the nes So, I don't know, I'm trying to get my hopes up too much of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean that was really neat in the GameCube game.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad to have it back.
Speaker 4: It's it's a little different when I could just push the home menu and now go to my NSO thing and play.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but still it's neat having it in there.
Speaker 3: Boy, it's it's wild. I was pretty I was.
Speaker 4: I was pretty surprised by this because they haven't really updated this game much. When I was a giant hit, I assumed that it was just like, yeah, let's make the next one and maybe that'll be the big twenty twenty six game. Then you know, that'll be the flagship. So now getting this, I'm like, Okay, so I guess maybe we.
Speaker 3: Aren't getting Animal Crossing next year?
Speaker 4: Is that reading too much into it?
Speaker 3: I don't want to feel that way, But what is the twenty twenty six game? Because I'm still life baby.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, it's all about that, right, Maybe they do already have Tomadacci life. That's a good point, and maybe they are thinking those overlap too much. I get the sense that this a lot of the stuff in here is probably updates that were always going to happen for when this was probably a switch pro and it was going to come out years ago, and then they delayed the switch pro and then ended up not doing it. They did a switch to instead. They're like, let's just save the animal crossing update for that first year. So I think a lot of this work could have been done for a while. Obviously they would have taken that time and done more to it to sort of specify it specifically for the switch TO. I guess what I'm getting at is there's a possibility that this work has been done for a minute and that they are also working on a new animal crossing that could come out as early as like early twenty twenty seven. So that's possibly hopium, but maybe that's the case.
Speaker 3: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah, by the way, you see there's a new metroid prime Fortow that looks amazing, and I'm assuming everyone the internet is complaining about it or something.
Speaker 2: I definitely was like, I definitely glanced at the comments and being like, all right, what are they complaining about. I have not seen anything yet, But you're right, that does not mean that the gosh, it's it's a month.
Speaker 3: Wait today, like an hour ago, I'm seeing the trailer. Yeah, trailer, Mike, are you shaking?
Speaker 4: I'm going to be able to play a new Metro Prime in a month. I am so freaking excited. Looks so freaking good. Oh my god, this looks so I think it came out at the same time that Dick Cheney did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one door closes, that's how that. Huh, gosh, it just keeps on giving. The desert doesn't have as many things in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like she goes through it in like two seconds. It's amazing and it looks super fun and gosh, the when when you shoot. She shoots out of this tunnel into the desert and it's the coolest looking tunnel I've ever seen. There's all these middle flappy things like, and she like shoots through. She doesn't cure a slide. There is so much do to this. Oh yeah, I cannot.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't like that on your SI bagel four bagels, let's go. I don't want you doing anything for bagels Metroid prime four at all.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't want four bagel deep Mikey. All right, that's too.
Speaker 3: Much more bagel for bagel, Mikey.
Speaker 4: The beyond, I Metroit Prime four beyond is for beyond three.
Speaker 3: Bagels, that true prime four bagels. Listen, what you would you have rather have done? Ten bagels or one hundred nuggets?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You know what I like. I think one hundred nugs and ten bagels are like kind of equal. That's what I'm saying. Ten bagels is a lot, a lot of bagels. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 4: Fours a lot sounds like four nuggets, though I don't know how anyone does.
Speaker 3: The forty nuggets is a lot. I don't know how you guys did that. I still think about that. I still and then didn't Vinny say like his eyes vision got blurry?
Speaker 1: Yeah he stopped.
Speaker 3: Most body.
Speaker 1: Maybe I had started that earlier, I could have done one hundred in the one sitting versus like later when we did it, because like my my body just tunes off like eating sometimes.
Speaker 3: Can I get the red Lobster expert on the on the on the podcast right now to do some back of the napkin. Math and let me know how many cheddar Bay biscuits equals one hundred nuggets? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Are you accounting for the fast Wi Fi in the cold bruise?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: I am, okay, just making sure I'm going to one nugget equals I think three nuggets equals to cheddar babis. It would be my guest three nuggets.
Speaker 3: I thought it was. I thought it would be more. But that's fine, three nuggets, I think.
Speaker 4: So we're talking about thirty three cheddar baby, thirty three. I'm telling you I probably had, like at a Thanksgiving meal without thinking.
Speaker 3: I've had at least ten cheddar Bay biscuits. Yeah, I'm gonna say I've seen someone do twelve without even missing, not even realizing it. You'd be like, oh, I guess I done, did do a dozen of these?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: The cheddar Bay's in me? Yeah, I would. That's the only competitive eating. Yeah, you're my cheddar Bay chedd Bay all day baby. You don't ever bring those up in all of your your shilling for this beautiful.
Speaker 4: I see cheddar Bay all day. Sometimes to say cheddar Bay all day supportant as the fast Wi Fi or the cold Bruise or the hot CEO.
Speaker 3: But I would take the Bay Biscuits over the fast Wi Fi any day of the week, twice on some I want to be clear, this makes me want to go to Red Lobster so bad. It's just get those biscuits.
Speaker 4: Every time we talk about we got to stop giving this juice away for free.
Speaker 3: You want to go to a crab boil now?
Speaker 4: Thigh is so fast.
Speaker 3: All the red Lobsters have closed near me though, there's only.
Speaker 4: We should not have jazz. I did see that one I was like, oh we saw that. We saw that Margaritaville that apparently is also hotel.
Speaker 3: Having its own bar of god.
Speaker 1: Vitelly just like blew my mind when he said, yeah, like people do will do a bar crawl at the.
Speaker 2: Markaville hotel bar crawl from floor to floor. You said people do that. We are going to do that one day.
Speaker 4: I want to be clear. Elevator every time, what.
Speaker 3: If we got what if we started the top and go down? Can It's fun? It's like a ride.
Speaker 1: No, we should We should just roll dice to see which floor we have to go to.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if if we went to that Red Lobster in Times Square. I just don't know how I could have ever forgiven any of you. I just like we get well on that New York he was great, very thankful. Shouts out to the homies that helped us out. And we just complaining about the WiFi. Though. Can I tell you something that would that might make you upset? And this is only going to play for us if it needs to be on the podcast, so be it.
Speaker 1: I got a text back.
Speaker 3: Oh oh okay, okay, Well maybe I'm just maybe I'm a ghost. Maybe that's where it is. Maybe I have been sixth sensed and had no idea. Well this be Will this be a thread on the video? Some people will eventually get out of this. Yeah, I don't think you should do that though. Yeah, okay, let's make it sure anyway, folks, how about it? Anyway?
Speaker 2: The US Patent Office is going to re examine Nintendo's patent on summoning characters and make them battle. It seems like people raised enough of a stink that this relatively rare thing of the USPTO looking at one that they approved and re examining it is going to take place. So what the next steps here are I don't know, but I guess that there's a chance that Nintendo could lose this, not that they were ever going to be able to like wield it in a broad way, although you know, if you have it, you could sue anyone and claim this is your basis and then it has to go to court and that could cause costs for people. So they could have still weaponized it. So maybe it's a good thing that there's a chance the USPTO will make them think twice before doing that. Nintendo is releasing a Zelda Breath of the Wild vinyl box set less engaged demand for physical soundtracks.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's thirty four tracks for the double LP, that's fifty dollars. There's an eight LP set with one hundred and thirty tracks for one hundred and ninety five dollars. This releases a test case for Nintendo, according to Bill Trennan, vice president of Player and Product Experience, to gauge demand for physical soundtracks in the US and to bring video game music to a broader audience. Trennon also mentioned the Nintendo Music app blah blah blah. This is weird because Nintendo has not really ever done this. There's Pokemon. Pokemon has had some.
Speaker 3: Soundtracks at least here separate enough, right.
Speaker 2: It's separate enough that, like, you know, although maybe it's not separate, maybe the good experiences over there translate because Nintendo's involved in the business side of the Pokemon company, so maybe they heard good things and it set their mind a mind at ease. I have always been curious why Nintendo hasn't done this. It felt like a like easy merchandising. I assumed it was them being concerned about some of the laws around if you release music physically in America, then you become open to some rules about being able to have your music covered illegally. Who That was always speculation. This should kind of be a good opportunity for people to be like, yeah, we really want this, and maybe Nintendo will start doing a lot more of it. I don't know, Mike, what do you think Nintendo music fan vinyl record?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think it's gonna be lucrative enough for them, right, I mean, you know you sell calendars, right, like, why not also do these vinyl things. They're very they are trendy, and they're fun because they almost more so than a thing to play music. They're collectible, they look nice, they have great art. It's just neat to own these things. Yeah, I think this is going to do well. I'm just going to be a lot more of them, even though like a Breath of the Wild one doesn't necessarily do a.
Speaker 3: Ton for me.
Speaker 4: I like that game's music in the game, it's not necessarily something aside from that one trailer track, right, that's not even in the game. It's not music that I'm seeking out outside of the game constantly, you know. I like, I bought a bunch of like kind of like third party unofficial Nintendo vinyls constantly because they look cool and the music is amazing, and that.
Speaker 2: What happens Awakening CD set from Japan, because they sell these things in Japan, you haven't brought them here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I would happily give that money to Nintendo instead if they just you know, put the effort in and make you know, And I hope they do, and I hope they like go back. Hope it's not just for their most recent biggest hits. I want them to give me a star Tropics vinyls things like that, right.
Speaker 1: Have they have?
Speaker 3: I imagining Splatoon being on vinyl before.
Speaker 2: It might have been, it would have been just in Japan. Well not maybe not just in Japan, but certainly not in America or the West broadly.
Speaker 1: Spell it makes sense.
Speaker 3: You can just see them doing the fun color stuff with the line all right, yeah, yeah, definitely. I do think it's much more of a collectibles kind of thing, sure, you know what I mean, like, uh yeah, I feel like starting with the vinyls yeah to me, like that is the thing that has transcended, like the fun function yeah, and more the display, you know, charm of it all. It's all I mean.
Speaker 4: Jeff got me a record player a few years ago with my birthday, and I just dove very deep into vinyl.
Speaker 3: Do you do it a lot? Do you play vinyl a lot?
Speaker 4: I don't play vinyl lot. I do sometimes, but like you know, definitely not a lot. Definitely not have to justify the money I have spent on the records themselves. But actually it feels good.
Speaker 3: It's fun. They do look nice.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 4: I like having this great box of my records and you know, it's everything from some weird Jimmy Buffett thing I saw I found a cheap too, you know, the soundtrack the Star Fox sixty four and then some weird out things of iron made in It's just like this is this is me at a box.
Speaker 3: I like that? Okay cool. Uh.
Speaker 2: Digital ownership must be respected, says the UK Parliament as it debates to Stop Killing Games campaign.
Speaker 3: Uh. Really there was a sum back and forth here.
Speaker 2: At the point is is that this is actually being discussed by people who have their hands on the leave of powers in some of these major markets, and like the specifics are still being argued. There's one side that's certainly like, hey, to do anything about this, we would have to change consumer laws and we really don't want to have to dive into that. A lot of people arguing that the current consumer laws don't do enough to protect people who spend money on a product that could be taken away from them if these companies do not adequately do the work to ensure that a game is playable after the servers go offline. All that stuff not settled, and if anything, it seems like the government doesn't seem like it's going to budge on these specifics. I think what is happening here though, is certainly these companies have got to be worried that it's even gotten this far to the point where the UK Parliament is discussing it openly publicly as a matter of public debate, and there's a strong chance that this will just force these companies to realize, oh, the money we were spending to do this is actually worth it because it avoids regulation forcing us to do even more that we wouldn't want to do. So let's just kind of step up our game a little bit. We've already seen Ubisoft bring uh. I think The Crew or The Crew two, one of those games got updated to have a little bit more of an offline mode.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And that seems to be it seems to have been a direct response to this, So some just get a little loud and you might be able to see some improvements to the way that this world works.
Speaker 3: Uh. And I think that's some good news there.
Speaker 1: Hey. Also, if you're in America, fucking go vote.
Speaker 3: Yeah you can vote today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah that I'm allowed to vote in the New York election.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, you're just there're allowed. Yeah. Listen, you tell them you had three bagels. They will probably insist that you that you vote. Yeah, every didn't vote while you were there?
Speaker 2: What the it's right, what the heck your ballot was in the bagel.
Speaker 3: It's all good.
Speaker 4: Ballot back Clark, Can I move over there and open up a bagel place called Bagel Ballot. We'll have like the hanging Chad will be our signature bagel.
Speaker 3: Oh man, hot res. I just I just like a like a like a voting themed bagel story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a pizza come out, come out that voting. It'll be fun, deconstructed like that back of art.
Speaker 3: It's not fair. So also, were you implying Mike that you're moving in with Baclar. That's the least of this stories problem. He said that Backlar is going to adopt him. Fine, we can. We can skip that part of it. That's the easiest to believe. The least believable part is that we're opening a bagel store that we are competing with every corner in New Jersey and New York. I have the hanging chad.
Speaker 4: What the hanging chad? Or our very special pizza bagel the dominion voting scandal, that's my favorite. That that's a hot ref to working the imagine imagine the lines on election day.
Speaker 3: Imagine imagining going out of business.
Speaker 1: And then Mike, you could also run a schmear campaign O a big way, jan Ship, Come I got one of those a week. Come on, wow, I feel like it was a million dollar joke.
Speaker 3: Mike Man, unacceptable that you didn't think of that first. Came every other way.
Speaker 4: Don't turn it into a negative on me.
Speaker 3: It's a positive for our business. You're like, oh, I have a voting voting themes bagels so busy.
Speaker 4: Try to get you to accept that. I could have been thinking of that myself.
Speaker 3: Man, Jim, thank you, I save the business. Don't worry.
Speaker 2: All right, let's keep going. We already talked about the Simpsons in Fortnite, so we could skip that. Amazon's Lord of the Rings mmo has reportedly also been canceled. They were going to do a new MMO that this is a company that's already done other MMOs.
Speaker 3: Like New World.
Speaker 2: They seem to be less interested in this because it was going to still require a ton of work to get it across the end, and they had a lot of people working on games in general, and they are I don't know. It seems like to me they're losing interest in that also. I just don't Lord of the Rings feels like it's in a weird spot to be super investing in. I know that Amazon continues to do a TV show, They're probably going to do more stuff in the future, but I don't know, like it feels like a low tide for that to me. But Mike, you have your finger on the a little bit more.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was sa surprised because Amazon is retreating, I think, I mean, New World isn't going to stop getting updates.
Speaker 3: Even right, So that was their break quesh.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, is in a weird place right now. You know, we have those Hobbit movies. Sorry Jen, but for most people they didn't hit. That Amazon show was expensive and people watched it for a while.
Speaker 1: There was an anime movie recently too, right.
Speaker 4: No one cares, right, So, yeah, a lot of or whatever, a lot of it's just kind of happening. It's being thrown out there, and it's like, is any that's ever gonna hit? Like there's gonna be that Hunt for Golla movie and it's you know, it's like a lot of the original people are back. Yeah. I still don't know if I have anything from that, right, really, Yeah, it's a real thing that's happening. Let's because it is stupid because it's a real.
Speaker 3: Yeah movie, come on I watched it.
Speaker 2: I watched that show and I think I got like an episode and a half in and there wasn't a single time that anyone smiled, and it just like was so oppressive. I'm like, I get that, like we are maybe going away from snarky characters quite a bit, and that's what we're trying to get away from, but that Lord of the Rings shouldn't feel oppressive from the word go, Like there should be a moment where Hobbits are doing something stupid that I can enjoy, and there wasn't any of that.
Speaker 3: It is crazy, I mean, even to the same effect in some capacity like those two like Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings. Is the speed in which they kind of fell off, Like that is kind of it is kind of wild.
Speaker 1: You know what astounds me though, is Game of Thrones, like the House of the Dragon. The new season's coming and they have another spin off in the works or whatever, and they.
Speaker 3: Keep making it, but like I know, like one person excited about it, But I'm that's the same for Star Wars, like they completed the main story and everything else doesn't feel like it matters as much.
Speaker 1: But while we're talking about all of these huge franchises and IP continuing to go and who the fuck cares y'all?
Speaker 3: The Walking Dead it's still happening. Yeah, Dariel Dixon is no longer in Paris, he's moved to Spain. He's in Spain with Carol.
Speaker 5: Now this guy, what, I'm just just becoming a space Oh that's wild, But you know, Lord of the Rings and video games have been that's been especially rough.
Speaker 4: Gallam is maybe the most famous bad video game of the last several years. That Shire game happened, and nobody like that. So all that and then yeah, Amazon like they fired like seventeen thousand people lot them from games. So you know, it's it's what always happens with these big tech people get involved in games. It makes a big push and put a lot of money into and then they just eventually retreat. In The MMO space is just also weird right now, especially if we're talking about that traditional hot bar style mm which World of Warcraft and from phasey fourteen seemed to just kind of have locked up for the most part. You can do maybe something new with survival mechanics, like that Dutent game.
Speaker 3: I've made sure to check back in on that. Are people still playing that dudent game? Is it still doing well?
Speaker 4: I don't know. There is a Lord of the Rings mmo. Now Low tro there's Low Tro and it is quote unquotably still going.
Speaker 3: But it is right, very old.
Speaker 4: It's never been updated quite as much as a World of Warcraft is. It has a very dedicated following of the people who that is their game, kind of like it's that Star Trek Online area too, right, there are these kind of games that that that is still.
Speaker 3: Is that still like blow EverQuest like in terms of the amount of players in engagement or are they probably around?
Speaker 4: I would I would guess certainly better than EverQuest too. Yeah, Lord Troch just got a new expansion. And the whole thing with Lord of the Rings online was always that it was concurrent to the game. So I don't know if they actually caught up to Frodo throwing the ring in the volcano. So I have no idea what they were thought the pitch was gonna be for this, it's new Lord of the Rings MMO.
Speaker 3: I am not shocked it's not happening.
Speaker 4: I don't think too many people ever had faith in it or are sad it's not going to be a thing. I love Lord of the Rings. I would love to see some exciting Lord of the Rings games and projects again. I'm also somebody's like, hey, I still have those movies. We got some neat games. I gotta go play Shadow of War. Still, I'll I'll just do that.
Speaker 3: What about Mike the Hobbits in Fortnite?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know they're gonna do that, but we're gonna definitely like.
Speaker 3: Give them a gun.
Speaker 4: They're gonna give Gandalf a gun at some point. That just makes sense to me and almost certainly.
Speaker 3: Hey, I just want to shoot Elijah Wood as a character. Okay, is y'all think Harry Potter and Fortnite's gonna happen? Yes, it sounds like it's going to huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's it. We don't have to talk about it. Jk Rowling.
Speaker 4: I think somebody were here. Somebody was saying when I was I could have sworn.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe I'm trying. I'm careful what I thought I heard that it's a rumor. Maybe I don't know. I think it's supposed to happen soon, but yeah, I'm not tapped into that scene. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Last story here, Kojima says that if he'd known the Watshowskis wanted to him to make a matrix game, it could have happened. Hideo Kojima denies knowing about an offer from the Watshowskis to create a matrix game in nineteen ninety nine. That is what a former Konami vice president claimed, and that they also said Kojima was like there, but maybe he didn't quite realize what was happening, or it was a little bit early for Star Trex at that point. Yeah, maybe it was starstruck. I mean we do, like we know as a matter of this is that he's going to like connect with the Wachowskis now right, and we should like probably get scans of them in that machine any second, Like.
Speaker 4: Oh sure, like you know, I mean Kujuma was doing like Zone the Anders and Melger saw it too in nineteen ninety nine. I imagine I'm glad we got those things. Yeah, instead of him matrix game. I'm glad we got entered the matrix. It's not amazing, but I'm glad that game. It's not I remember having fun with it a big deal. They market the Crazy it was Path of Neo the MMO or was that the that's the sequel. And then there was the Matrix Online, which I think is the only place you ever got to see Morpheus's canonical death was as an in game event in the Matrix Online.
Speaker 3: If I'm all that.
Speaker 2: Stuff, seriously, they all look that like all that stuff is cannon and stuff like that. And then and then the final boss fight of was it enter the Matrix was not cannon or maybe this is Path in Neo and they're like, so the Wachowskis came on screen and we're like, hey, we're gonna break cannon, but we want you have a fun boss fight.
Speaker 3: So here you go. It's like, oh it's fun, Okay, cool, Yeah, it's a good time.
Speaker 1: I know that the Waowskis are listening because I'm just going to boldly claim that we are their favorite video game podcast. Just make another speed Racer movie. Please about that movie?
Speaker 3: Rule please speed Race.
Speaker 2: I think that's like the most recent, most timeless movie, you know what I mean, Like it just feels like that could have been made at any point in history. It's just like swag it yeh, swag popping off the screen.
Speaker 3: All right, that's it.
Speaker 2: Nineteen ninety nine though, that's that's like before Kojimo was like like everyone, Dow, we watched.
Speaker 4: Lot of stuff before your solid that's right from your Solids that was like, yeah, I mean that would be like make Matrix one was ninety eight.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's like I feel like they're all too busy with other things to be worrying about collaborating already. You gotta you gotta make a bunch of sequels for the next decade or so. How fun was that?
Speaker 3: That does it for the news. I'm handing this show back over to you jan folks.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take another quick bricky break and we will be back with emails and YouTube super chats right after this.
Speaker 3: LORDA Creble's right, make a Ridge Racer movie? Do that?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm right on it.
Speaker 4: Not yeah, I mean yes, you go to that chair.
Speaker 3: Emails.
Speaker 1: BOMBCASTI giant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails to you. You can write in about and in everything. We appreciate all of the lovely emails that have been coming in to the website post bomb athon love and appreciate y'all, thank you for the very very kind words. We do read them, or Chuck will read them and then send them our way, and then we feel all warm and gide inside, and then we'll have the affirmation that we so desperately crave.
Speaker 3: It'll be enough.
Speaker 1: It'll be enough to get me through the day. First email comes from Travis and Fargo. Like always, Travis sends in five questions and I choose one of them. Travis Wright, sin, if you had no milk like substance available, what like would would be? Would best get the job done? For assembling a bowl of cereal? Travis and Fargo, so all to milks? Nothing like that?
Speaker 3: I would go with you, I'd go dry. Well, that's not the question. The question is like, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, I think it's like fine as an answer to get us started. But then let's say you did have to put a liquid on there, Like would you be okay with water?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, No, I think something about that feels wrong? Would would did ice cream be too close to milk?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's that's that's basically milk.
Speaker 2: People put beer in their cereal in movies and TV shows. They're not And I've never done that, but I wanted to. I feel like I should try because I bet it's better than I'm expecting. To me, it sounds it sounds repulsive to me.
Speaker 3: I coffee, maybe coffee. I think coffee. There's something to coffee, coffee everything. Let's go with coffee. Show me coffee.
Speaker 2: You get like one of those like breakfast cereals that's like, oh, this is a donut. It's like donut O's, and then you're stalking your donuts and coffee.
Speaker 3: Speaking of donuts, guys, we had too many donuts.
Speaker 4: It's good. We had two doughnut deliveries.
Speaker 3: Had main gear we had available to us was let me count five dozen donuts.
Speaker 4: What I'm sorry. I will not accept your indignation. There's no way you could have possibly not known we had donuts.
Speaker 3: There's donuts.
Speaker 1: There's percent possible because I was just flooded in nugs.
Speaker 3: That's striking. You're still deep in your in your nug comba.
Speaker 2: I think I was notified the donuts arrived. Did not realize it was all like that. They were like, they're there, went over to the room, found one. I had one donut and it was very good.
Speaker 3: Well, I felt so bad because Sean from Maingear, who helped design a lot of the art the packaging of like everything, brought in two dozen like, oh, I don't know, fourteen minutes after the Finelle donuts or and I was just like a donut buddy, I'm so sorry, And he's just like, uh, I'm like, ah well, someone only shout donuts. No shouts out to Brent though, and Brent's wife.
Speaker 1: Those chocolate chip cookies.
Speaker 2: My god, you know what they do with the sea salt on top that hits so good?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, easy peasy, Oh my gosh. Can I just hang out there just to get like free snacks occasionally apparently like they've got days where where ship pops off and like some real serious pizza shows up.
Speaker 1: Damn if I have a pot, look here, it's just it's just me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just a pot, you know what I mean? God?
Speaker 1: Okay. Alternatively, I would say yogurt for cereal. Yeah, yeah, I mean, look, I was thinking that to Jim. That's kind of milk. Is that kind of milk?
Speaker 3: It's kind of milk, it's kind of liquid. It's not really liquid. It's not really milk. It's a plasma.
Speaker 4: Plasma, do you guys do you guys hear her from Jim say plasma when you hear the word plasma plasma.
Speaker 1: No, I think, But now that you said it, I think of one of the Godzilla movies. I think Godzilla two thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh they, oh my god.
Speaker 4: They yeah, they think of a plasma blade Godzilla minus zero?
Speaker 3: Oh baby, I'm so fucking ready in ject that ship into my veins. Do you think coffee coffee? Are coffee?
Speaker 4: Jan Who's gonna be the other monster shows up in minus zero? You think they're going master? You think they're gonna go.
Speaker 3: Doora they can fill.
Speaker 1: They can't go to Gitara this fast.
Speaker 4: It's too soon. It's too super mecha Godzilla, but they might do. It's super mecha gods.
Speaker 3: You do Mecca.
Speaker 1: Godzilla And like World War I'm assuming it's like around World War Who's was like real like.
Speaker 3: The military industrial complex sort of style?
Speaker 1: Who is the.
Speaker 4: Only that's the giant enemy crab from Kenji to he was a burger store?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's the uh the pterodactyl?
Speaker 3: The bird that's Ralph Dan? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I think ro Dan could be. That's a good villain. Just let's just finally get that Gamera crossover.
Speaker 1: For Love of God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now's the time.
Speaker 1: You know what if I were to if I were to trust anyone, I would trust the Godzilla minus one team to introduce Ultra.
Speaker 3: Ye, I need to watch.
Speaker 4: We went to the there's like a anime figurine store in Time Square. We walked in and the one thing that I almost wanted to get was the Gamera figurine. That looked amazing. He was shooting lasers out of his mouth. Looks so freaking cool.
Speaker 3: Who's the When I had the machine in my house, there was I thought it was fake, but it was real. There's one that like eats smoke. There's there's he like sucks on like a tailpipe. He sucks on like okay, who is it? Yes, chat Chat had that. That's not me. Yes, literally sucking the smog out of like a plant. He looks like yeah, he looks like toxicity. Come to like this thing. This thing's fucked up.
Speaker 4: Like, do you have any room in your arm for like New God? Do you want to see them try to do something to you just want to play?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: I think they could do like one of each, right, like bring back a classic one in the movie and then introduce a new one and see what sticks.
Speaker 3: I'd be fine with that. Yeah, I love this ship. I got it's fine. Kind of love Godzilla. Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 1: I love Godzilla god yeah, I I I would only want them to introduce Mathra. If Mathra is just a friend from the jump.
Speaker 4: You don't want to Matha might be bad. Maths gotta be chilly.
Speaker 3: Should be the Vegeta and like become good.
Speaker 1: I know Matha is more like a Boma.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I need to see like the original Mathra movie because apparently it's actually quite a banger. I like it even before Godzilla is involved. But I need to Yeah, Matha, Yeah, most of these.
Speaker 1: Most of those are available on Max the one to watch for HBO.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they also there's also like those free channels on two bees built into your TV, like two B's, the two B's of the World and Google TVs, and there's usually just like a Godzilla movie channel. These are just playing constantly, and I try to put put that on every once in a while.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: I really dislike where they went with like the New Godzilla, like the twenty fourteen series and how now it's just hope with Kong and I like Kong, but the terrible Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like the first con Godzilla movie. I did not see the second one.
Speaker 1: Just bad, just bad, and then it inspired that terrible video game that we subject to.
Speaker 3: One of our friends inspire.
Speaker 1: All right. Next email comes from Mike from Loveland. Hello, Bombus Grandees. The funniest name for a drink is cheer wine. It's named like root beer from an alternate reality. Your challenge is to cheer wine. Some video game names like Hit New Release, Conflict, Pasture six, Love the Show, Love You All.
Speaker 3: Mike from Loveland, punch Out should be called stereotype fight. Oh, stereo fight, that sounds I still like it. I like Stereotype Fight.
Speaker 1: The most. One of those is when people would get my dear friend Mois's taveris mixed up with Austin Walker on the Bombthon and then someone just called him Houston Runner and he's just gonna stick with me forever.
Speaker 3: Now there's Austin, Austin Locker and Houston Runner. Uh, there's our boys. I like exercise.
Speaker 2: You called NHL two k or yeah, you call that iced Knes Simulator twenty twenty six, Okay, yeah.
Speaker 4: I think like ballped is already doing it. Yeah, it's straight respect to just do that right away. Mm hmmmm hmm. Monster Train is close, but not enough, because that is just what it is. Yeah, there's no there's no there's no cheer.
Speaker 3: It's just the one.
Speaker 2: Mario Brothers is also like this because it's like, that's already just Italian siblings, right, that's already the name of that, So Italian siblings.
Speaker 3: Italian siblings are right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Moving along, Let's let's read.
Speaker 1: Two more emails. Mike from Long Island rights in I just remembered Oklahoma as a state. Any thoughts on Oklahoma ever?
Speaker 3: Been? Everything? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think the only time I ever think about Lahoma is when Jr. From wrestling was talking about it. Otherwise, not so much, I think, apparently because he's got some stuff I don't like.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry to say I'm not thinking about Oklahoma. But there's that musical.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh yeah, but are you thinking about that musical a lot, mikey or you know, you know me more than you might think that. For whatever reason, that play comes up as like a plot point a lot in like stuff. I think I agree. It's just sort of like it's like, oh that I was a Broadway version off version of I think.
Speaker 4: The climax of that movie is like a Citizen's Trial, and it's like frame, it's really weird. Great to think about the citizens Trial. When I just saw like a recording of it and it was got a Hugh Jackman was the lead in it, I'm like, Oh, he's nice in that.
Speaker 3: He's a nice guy.
Speaker 1: Loves to sing.
Speaker 3: Oh I do.
Speaker 2: I do think of the clubs Oklahoma Ceity bombing first, because that happened when I was like just kind of like starting to pay attention to the world and was like, Oh, this is this is possible. Our next first building and destroy that building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the first bad news things. I can remember that and yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fertilizer does this What do you mean it's Yeah, it was a very strange event.
Speaker 3: Oklahoma is the pot state or the pan state. Yeah, it's a pan It's got a pan handle. Yeah, yeah, sorry to handle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one it's like right next to Texas in the flat part of Texas creates that handle.
Speaker 3: It's probably the state I think about the least. It's North Dakota or South Dakota. For me, I think about the least think about Fargo. I think about the hockey the lands. One of them has about Rushmore. We constantly are doing that. Uh By.
Speaker 2: Right when we were moving to Denver, stuff had to spend a couple of weeks, like doing some training in Tulsa. So she lived in Tulsa for about almost two months, so she has some experience there. But that's very Memorablesa's all.
Speaker 3: Right, fine, just that's the city motto. It's fine, It's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, folks, right in about a state or a region of the world that you barely think about that occasionally pops up in your head.
Speaker 3: Tell me more about Vermont. Vermont's amazing.
Speaker 1: Vermont.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, you're nuts. Yeah, you know Vermont is that you know about Bernard Sanders Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I just I just associate him as just like this omnipotent being that I just want to he's that too.
Speaker 3: But he's also senator for Vermont. Yeah, Vermont's dope. There's everything. Apparently Vermont has the best. I think Vermont has the longest life expectancy in the country.
Speaker 4: Low bar, but yeah, I think I respect Vermont because it took a while for it to be a state, even though it was surrounded by states.
Speaker 3: I think like for a.
Speaker 4: While they're like, no, we're good, Like they just wanted to be a country. And I think eventually is like peer pressure got to them or something. I don't know, it's something like that.
Speaker 3: When did it become a state? Oh, I mean it's right.
Speaker 4: There, nineteen eighty one. That's pretty early actually, but like it was, you know, it's right there with everybody. It's right there with all the other right exactly. There's something about the moon. There's something about Vermont like holding on for a little bit in hell.
Speaker 2: Now it looks like the last of the original because that was a thirteen colony, right I believe. So, no, not, Vermont is not one of the third yet it's the fourteenth state.
Speaker 3: It wasn't. It was the first date at it.
Speaker 4: So there, yeah, that's it, even though it was like yeah, it's just right there with everybody else, I mean yeah yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: They're yeah yeah. There are five states that became states after the Nintendo Corporation started doing business. Well that was like eighteen ninety. That was eighteen ninety is yeah, yeah, So I mean Alaska and Alaska and Hawaiian and Oklahoma wasn't a state till nineteen oh seven. Really is the forty sixth state? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, what is the state's part of the something? The states that's that your let's see Oklahoma territory in Indian territory.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not looking at the specifics. I'm just looking at a list. What are the four states after Oklahoma? Guys?
Speaker 4: Four states after ok Blahoma, Okay, the West Virginia split happened before that.
Speaker 2: For Wyoming, Wyoming is two before, it's forty four. Was New Mexico that is forty seventh, Mike right after Oklahoma. So then Arizona that's forty.
Speaker 4: Eight hey, okay, then in Alaska, Hawaii, and the last two were obvious, right yeah, last Hawaii, Yeah, yep, that's right around Maniacs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good job guy. You've had the freak Azoid theme song stuck in my head?
Speaker 1: Do you like the freak to I love Freakazoid. I think that's one of my favorite cartoons.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: Liked Freakazoid, and then as time went on, it was like, oh I like that way more than I.
Speaker 3: Really same thing, same thing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's why they only had two seasons because think all the kids didn't realize they liked it until it was canceled.
Speaker 3: No, I realized back then even then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember the villain with like that, His mart were always a kimbo.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I like that. His sidekick was just like that cop played by Ed Asner, who's just kind of like would show up like, Hey, you want to go to the fair?
Speaker 1: Do you want to go to the fair?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, check out.
Speaker 4: What's his name be? Bexter Baxter, Baxter Blackman. Their computer Ace was surfing on the Internet, then got zapped in zyberspace. He turned in to a freakazoid. He's strong and super quick. He drives the villain's crazy because he's a lunatic Dexter Douglas.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, all right.
Speaker 1: Last email of the show comes from Jacob Jacob thank you for writing in, and Jacobs prepared a quiz for us. We also got another quiz, but I'm gonna save that one for next week, when I.
Speaker 2: Hope it's not what we're the last five states added to the United States.
Speaker 3: One such am.
Speaker 1: If you were to open a bagel themed restaurant. No, that's not what they're writing about you. The other quiz will save next week when Dan is back from assignment. But Jacob writes in as a fellow New Jersey resident to Jerff, I'm sure he is aware of the dumb names our neighboring states have. If he's on this week, please have Jeff answer last for these, particularly Pennsylvania. Here are groups of three town names, and you have to find the fake one. Have fun, all right? First set of three blue ball intercourse for play. Yeah, one of these.
Speaker 4: One of these is fake. I think there is an intercourse. No, Christian, I can't play arc raders with you. Yeah, Christian, clearly not listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm play. I think four plays. The one that is not real? You are four play is fake? Hey? Yeah, so I'm just I'm just just ship here. I I have no no you answer last? What he said?
Speaker 1: Okay, got it?
Speaker 3: Next group of three big dump, bird in hand rough and ready.
Speaker 4: Oh, burd in hand almost for sure.
Speaker 3: Big.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say me too. Burdenhand sounds so much like one. I asked, what was the first one?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: Big dump? Big? Big?
Speaker 4: I want big Dump's gotta be one. I think it's that third one again? What's the third one?
Speaker 3: Rough? And ready. I don't think there's ready. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Back theah?
Speaker 3: I agree, I don't think there's a rough and ready?
Speaker 1: All right? The fake one is big dump.
Speaker 3: We were right about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright. The next group of three, I don't know how to pronounce this. Oh, Li tits, Brown's hole, Okay, Virginville? Which of the three.
Speaker 3: Big for the brown hole? Is that what it said? Brown's hole seems right.
Speaker 4: I know Virginville is real because that's where you're from. Listener, that's a joke from a Celebrity Jeopardy. I don't know if there's really a latits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's real. There was the the petite something.
Speaker 4: I'll take a or something.
Speaker 3: That's different any show. I don't know if he ever said that. It feels real.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the tits might be real? And where are the other two?
Speaker 3: Again? Sorry, Brown's whole, brown holes, Brown's hole in Virginville.
Speaker 4: I feel like he got browns hold because he saw a naked gun recently. I bet Brownce hole is not real.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna between Virginville. I think that's yeah. You are.
Speaker 6: The the the brown Brown's hole, Virginville spectrum fill there.
Speaker 3: Somewhere, yep.
Speaker 1: I live right on the border. The answer for the fake town is Brown's hole.
Speaker 4: Go alright, I know it couldn't fill meet your brown hole, shouts out to all my virgins out there.
Speaker 1: All right, A couple more groups here. The next grouping is Normalville, Cake, Pillow.
Speaker 3: These are all very believable.
Speaker 4: I guess, like what you want to be over, I'm going with pillow.
Speaker 1: But like in New.
Speaker 3: Jersey, there's also so many like I don't know, I.
Speaker 4: Don't have to was the one again normal normal vill Like like, uh, like.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with normal Vill?
Speaker 4: Did anyone else wrote I like control? But anyone else rolled their eyes when she's like, I'm from a town called ordinary and it's like, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Bet nothing ordinary happens there? Of course.
Speaker 1: All right, your y'all's answer is pillow and normal.
Speaker 3: Ville, said normal Ville and Pillow, Pillow Backler Pillow.
Speaker 1: The answer is cake.
Speaker 3: Nobody Cake is pillow? P I L L O W? Or is there some like pillow like the pillow? Damn cake?
Speaker 4: I thought it would absolutely be a town day cake.
Speaker 1: I mean, of course there has to be a cake in though maybe not yeah, maybe not in Pennsylvania. All right, next one is next group is little Kansas, East Texas, Jersey Shore.
Speaker 3: Town in Pennsylvania called Jersey Shore. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself.
Speaker 2: Although I say East Texas because I believe in beautiful things like Jersey Shore Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but although there could be a town I guess in the most eastern portion of Pennsylvania that would call itself Jersey Shore because it butts up against I guess New Jersey. So chaos is back on the menu.
Speaker 4: Boys, I feel like there might be a Jersey The idea of East Texas does sound really stupid.
Speaker 3: No, there's there's that kind of ship all over this dumb ass country. Sure, yeah, but this one there's like so many things that are so stupid. Yeah, I'm I yield my time here. I don't know I'm going to the ET. I'm going with ET East Texas. Okay, I'll get on that bammagon truck question. All of those are real.
Speaker 1: What the fow?
Speaker 3: I hate Pennsylvania more than I thought I could accept.
Speaker 4: Like the birds, it's not another thing we have in common. Uh, Jersey, Ohio is hating Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pennsylvania is so unnecessary. I just it's long to drive through it. It's enormous and mostly forgettable. I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's funny because we have very different ideas of Pennsylvania, because the Pittsburgh side and the Philly side are so different.
Speaker 3: I do love Pittsburgh. I love the city of Pittsburgh. I will, Yeah, I do, I do. And you know what, Philly, for the most part, is pretty cool too. Yeah, I declared, I'm joking around, but no, I'm not. Everything else. Can we can just delete? Just delete Gettysburg?
Speaker 4: I get just driving go to Gettysburg would be interesting.
Speaker 1: That's what everyone is saying. I gotta go to Gettysburg. You need the address.
Speaker 4: Hang out with some union ghosts.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, let's see former groups here, let's be through. Next group is Fauxville, Shartletsville, Lickdale.
Speaker 7: Lickdal, Shirtlessville is just come on the shirtless Ville or Shartlessville, Chartlesville. The thing was Shirtless's shortless and it's okay.
Speaker 3: Well that's money, it's all the money for p A. I think I need Charlesville.
Speaker 4: What was the last one, uh, Lickdale. I need Lickdale to exist by default, say that the first one wasn't real? Whatever that was.
Speaker 3: Now I'll go with I'll go to Lickdale. Why not back? Did you have any The fake one is Fauxville. That's the one the first I win, all right, Sylvania is getting me mad. The next group is Hazards Youth Climax.
Speaker 4: I bet there's a climax. H Hazards youth Pennsylvania sounds right? Actually had if.
Speaker 3: It sounds too rare, I'm going youth. I want there to be a hazard. The answer is youth. I'm trying to detect the pattern here in this game. Uh it's too late, but I am. I think are right. Next one is Natty Glow, Peach Bottom, down Dog, peach.
Speaker 6: Bottom, grow peaches is what my answer is.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say peach bottom. What's the other one? Down down Dog?
Speaker 4: I'll say don dog, peach Bottom. Wait wait, wait wait, none of the above, none of the above, none of the above.
Speaker 3: I'm going none of the above, Natty Glow.
Speaker 1: The answer is down Dog.
Speaker 3: I thought I figured them out.
Speaker 1: Two more here, second and last grouping is broad Top, Light Purple, Grimes, Grimes.
Speaker 3: I'm going with light purple. That's insane. Yeah, light purple. Love that, Oh my god, light I'll do the mikey thing. I'll say none of the above. For this one.
Speaker 1: The answer is light purple, wow.
Speaker 3: Is wild? Come alright? I thought beautiful.
Speaker 4: Somehow it was more unhinged than brown hole or whatever.
Speaker 1: And then this one is specifically uh you you may have the advantage here, mister backl are. Jacob brights In finishes off and one New Jersey one. So I'm not just ragging on p a Buttsville trash purgatory. Ah boy, is there really a trash New Jersey?
Speaker 4: There has to be, you know, you can change names, be proud of it.
Speaker 2: I'll go with Buttsville because I had that one. Of course there should be a Buttsville.
Speaker 3: I sy there's not.
Speaker 4: Out of sympathy. I'm gonna say trash.
Speaker 3: I don't know the answer. I hope it's trash.
Speaker 1: Trash is the correct answer. That'd be a bit much.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna start trash New Jersey, trash town.
Speaker 4: I can see, I can see trash down. We take care of your trash and trash down, just trash, no way.
Speaker 1: I honestly could keep going, but don't want to eat up too much time. Thanks for all the last and congrats on independent love. Jacob P. From the Mountains of New Jersey and once again, folks, you and home can write in an email about any and everything bomb cast at giant bomb dot com. Mister Minatti, any super chats delivered through pod.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 4: Just just you hear though, this is this is how I found out about Dick Cheney. Dine was in Big Crystory seven said heart goes out to grow today. Can't be easy to lose a fellow member of the Oops. I shot my friend in the face. Club stays straw.
Speaker 3: Up America and I'm so sad about it.
Speaker 4: Uh Alkavesha is off topic, but grub what were the PC specs used for the Outer Worlds? Too quick look love y all? Yeah, I know that quick Look looks a little chuggy. I don't remember it looking like that when you were playing.
Speaker 3: The I'm not sure it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something must have gone wrong with the captured and I'm sorry for not getting that fixed.
Speaker 4: It was like right after we before.
Speaker 3: It's right before we went out to the trip everyone, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're trying to do a last minute almost not a double check the settings, So yeah, don't. The PC specs were fine and it was running fine for us. When we were looking at.
Speaker 4: It, and then Chris Quinn says, is juiced fruit racing blight worthy? For a Mikey, I don't know much about that game. What the heck is that juice?
Speaker 3: Just that I think that's like a bad switch cart racer. Oh no, I think I might have it.
Speaker 1: They do much for that fruit seemed mm.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, yes, m m. You could racist, You could racist and apple in this game. Richard Scary worm?
Speaker 4: There there, Richard scary pinball board backalre, Nope, not yet. What can I be the fucking worm for Richard Scary and Fortnite?
Speaker 3: Give them a gun? I want to see Arthur from PBS with a gun.
Speaker 1: Arthur's about to be coming because they cut his funded you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right? Wow? Is that? Is that a sign for the All right?
Speaker 1: Thank you Mike for reading all of those super chats, and thank you folks at home for sending those along. What do we got going on the rest of this week?
Speaker 3: Boys? We got gay Mess Mornings Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
Speaker 1: Yes, Light Club tomorrow going to be ever so slightly earlier in the day.
Speaker 3: It is going to be out like right after game. Mess Mornings right after.
Speaker 1: Game Mess mornings Thursday. It looks like the dumb Truck is also going to be a tad early as well, just an hour earlier. And then for unprofessional Fridays, we have upf fox Hunt Fridays, and then I think we may have a special guest for that. Folks, keep your peepers peeped for potential. This is the run popping off. We gotta get some things sorted out, so that may be up and down this week. But also if you missed the giant bombit on, all of it is now on YouTube. The archives are there in full if you want to catch the inter in between segment Shenanigan's as well as we have a bunch of break out of those cut out if you just want to revisit a specific portion of the bombaiton. Hey, thanks to y'all for checking it out. I really appreciate it. I had, I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I'm sill recovering.
Speaker 1: I'm not nod.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of penis in that dispatch game. I failed you, everybody. Yeah, there's the there's a really funny sensor mode where the black bar just has to hover all around the strings. The penis is just everywhere.
Speaker 3: It's great. Is it? Is it like human or is it aliens?
Speaker 2: Because it's like a superheroes like green skin penis. But I didn't see the penis.
Speaker 3: I'm just so this is not a DIB game.
Speaker 2: I think you went on the sensor bar like you'd have to see it and like be because it's like kind of funny at that point. But I think it I'm imagining is that is portent like a portense that. Uh, it probably deals with some spicier subject matters, so.
Speaker 4: I would say it's probably I've not seen it myself. Excuse me, you ignore my question? Is there other genitalia?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was like, you mean other than penis? Yeah? Yeah, vaginas wow?
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, well all right, well you know up, what's he gonna be on dumb Truck Thursday?
Speaker 3: Once again, we're brought to you by Deko Deals to deals dot coms.
Speaker 1: Let's Shy and Bob, go make a list, go save some money on video games. That about does it for this week's episode of The Giant Bobcast. He's been Jeff, He's been Jeff, He's been Mike dan Is somewhere over there.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's a seand there's a truck.
Speaker 1: There's lots of people, and we all love them, and we all.
Speaker 3: Love you, folks at Hope. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 9: Go back, go listen, Go watch the bomba thun Go give us a thumbs up Spotify, Apple Podcast, Do all that Jazz? Tell a friend, most importantly, tell a friend and that buy them as subscribe should We love you. We'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant Podcast.
Speaker 3: Good Bye,