Speaker 1: Hey, it's me Mike again. I wanted to talk about something about relevant to Toledo instead of P Diddy real quick. Hey, you know that murder that happened on Dixon, I do not well anyways. You know where Dixon is by Whitmer High School there.
Speaker 2: I do not well.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it's between Whitmer High School and Chekhor and Douglass and Alexis. But anyways, I live right there. And there was a murder that a couple three days ago. They found a body right on the corner of Dixon and Alexis and it's like right in front of practically Whitmer High School there, and they found some seventeen year old kid with multiple gunshot wounds and he died in the hospital he was laying there.
Speaker 2: On that story, I know, I didn't know it was on Dixon, that part of the story, I know.
Speaker 1: But anyways, and it's like you and a seventeen year old kid got killed right in front of Whitmer High School and I just heard about the news. Story was on the news for like one day, and I never heard a thing about it again. I mean, don't you think that's huge? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, Mike, let me ask you, what do you expect to hear about once they find the body and they start and they start an investigation, and they're following the clues and they're asking the public for help, what do you think the report should be. Should they report something that there's nothing to report?
Speaker 1: I think following up on this thing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they're following up on it. They're doing an investigation into the murder of a seventeen year old. But that's not okay, that's not a news story. What do you expect the cops every day to come out and say, yes, we're still investigating it. That's not how it works.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you know, I grew up here. It's such a nice neighborhood. It's like right below the twenty mile an hour school zone, you know, and you know, there's a there's a traffic, there's a bunch of there's a bunch of cameras right there on se Corp or Douglas and Election, and then there's two streets my street, Everwood and Dixon is right there, and there's all sorts of cameras right there where the you know where you know, the twenty mile hour zone. You get a ticket in the mail if you go through there. So they did it right in between the camera, and so they must have known what was going on, you know, they must have known they could get away with it, because like there's a bunch of cameras on the corner and a bunch of cameras right there catching you speeding, and they did it right in between there. And it's like it'll never get solved. It's like it's probably on the back burner. They probably already forgot about it. But it's unreal.
Speaker 2: What makes you think that they already forgot about it?
Speaker 1: If so many murders, if somebody got murdered right in front of your house, don't you think you would hear more about it?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I think the police. I think the police would do an investigation. They wouldn't come to my door. Hey, Fred, we just wanted to update you on what we did today. In regards to the investigator. They do their investigation, they keep it quiet because they don't want people to know they're being looked at. They don't, you know, they go out and do questioning. They if there are cameras in the area, they search out the video. They go to the local stores, they go to the homes. Hey do you guys have a ring camera on your front porch? Hey does this business have a camera facing the parking lot? Can we take a look at all of that. They gather all the information first before they do anything. They don't keep telling you what they're doing. That's not how it works.
Speaker 1: Anyways, they did a good job because those houses right there are set way back in and I don't think it's hardly any street lights, so it was planned out good. It's like, man, what's this world coming to? I used to live in the old Dead Man. There was murders like all the time over there. But anyways, it's like, what's this world coming to? It's like a murder right in your neighborhood. And I was talking to some kids that went to Whitmer, sixteen year old kids, and they didn't even know about it. Damn, somebody gets high school kid gets murdered right in front of the school and the kids don't even know about it.
Speaker 2: Well they're well, they're not they're not in school, and sixteen year old kids don't normally follow them follow the news. Mike, thanks a lot for the call. I got to hit the brake real quickly