Speaker 1: Let's say good morning now to the host of Rich on Tech on KFI KTLA's tech reporter Rich DeMuro.
Speaker 2: Morning, Rich, good morning to you. Amy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to talk jobs first, because you know, some people need a job and they don't want like a full time salaried position. They want a good hourly job and you can help them there.
Speaker 3: And there's a new way to find this website called bandana dot Com. Interviewed the founder on my radio show, and the idea behind this is there are so many sort of like opportunities out there that lead nowhere, and so he said, look, we want to build a job site for people that are just working class, entry level and the jobs are actually real. So what they've done is they've gone out to all these companies interface directly with their websites on the back end, so they know that the job listings are legit. And the best part is they add a whole bunch of information to the job listings, like the exact locations you can find stuff in your neighborhood if you don't want to long commute, pay range, and they will tell you your estimated taxes and take home pay. Because I don't know about you Amy, but my first job, get those taxes. You're like very surprised. Wait a second, what how much?
Speaker 1: I thought I was making this much and I'm making a third less than.
Speaker 2: That exactly, and that never ends, by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, So it's and it's some decent paying jobs too.
Speaker 4: It's just for people who want hourly work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's just I think it's just, you know, a lot of these job hunting sites are either focused on, you know, the typical jobs that you would see, like the salary jobs, or if you're looking for a job at say, you know, I'm looking at like jobs at Trader Joe's, jobs at the you know, at the various transit agencies. I mean, there's a whole bunch of them on here. But the reality is a lot of those jobs and those big websites lead nowhere and so here. It actually leads to jobs that you could get.
Speaker 4: Very cool Bandana dot com.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we've got chat GPT, and there's co Pilot, and now Meta's got its own AI app.
Speaker 3: I find this a little ironic because you know, we understand that AI is a huge competition right now, right every company Chat gybt is the clear leader, Google, Gemini, you've got Microsoft with Copilot, You've got Claude, you've got deep.
Speaker 2: Seak out of China.
Speaker 3: Meta has their own Meta AI, which they've built into all of their apps. You've probably seen it, you know, when you're on Instagram or whatever. But now they made a standalone AI app so that you can access this even faster. And so it's just called Meta AI and you can download it from the App Store or from Google Play. And it's the same thing as CHATCHBT. You can talk and generate images or get web results. But I find this interesting because so many people when Meta built this into their apps were like, rich, how do I turn this off? So now it's like, maybe you know what, Amy, I'm gonna be positive here. Maybe they'll give us the option to turn it off in the apps. Now that we have a standalone app, so if you want this, you can go get it.
Speaker 2: But you can turn it off in like Instagram and Facebook. I'm hoping for that, Okay, but.
Speaker 4: Well I like your optimism. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, well, then tell me about this AI podcast tool that Google has.
Speaker 2: Okay, have you heard of this? This notebook? LM no?
Speaker 1: And it okay, yeah, just tell because it sounds like you're just taking all.
Speaker 4: The work out of work.
Speaker 3: No no, no, this is this is not this is not replacing you. So this is this is basically Notebook LM is Google's sort of smart notebook tool.
Speaker 2: Started out as an experiment.
Speaker 3: It's been around for a while, but you basically feed in information. So let's say you're going on let's say you're a student, right and you're taking a class. All your class notes you just dump into this notebook, right, and you can ask questions about those notes, just like you would AI. But it's programmed only on the information that you feed it. But it takes to a level further. You can generate a podcast based on your information that you've uploaded, so these two podcasts hosts will talk about your information. It's really cool. It's sort of gone viral. It's very popular among students and anyone who's studying stuff, and you can use it for pretty much anything. So for me personally, when I get all my reviewers guides and things.
Speaker 2: Like that for the products I test, I'll.
Speaker 3: Dump it into this notebook and then these two people will talk about it, and it's like you're listening to someone talk about the product all the features of the product.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then here's my question, because you and I have talked about this a couple of times, how sometimes AI is wrong. So have you found that or is it because it's only using your notes, it's what your truth is, see what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying exactly. So that is the idea.
Speaker 3: The idea is that it's not going outside of the information that you feed. So if you feed it your journal, it would just talk about your journal.
Speaker 2: Is it really? How? I doubt it? But that's the thing.
Speaker 3: So that's and of course all AI can hallucinate, It can always make mistakes, but that's the whole idea of this is that you know that this is rooted in your information, so technically it should be more factual. Now here's a super easy way to do this. If you don't want to go into notebook LM, just go to Gemini. Google's Gemini, you know, you can go to their AI, upload a file any like PDF or whatever and just wait for it to say generate audio overview and then it will generate that podcast right from their AI tool. And so it's really fun, Like once you try this, you kind of get hooked on it. It's really really fun to hear these people talk about your information.
Speaker 1: Okay, and you're going to dig into this a little bit more at your segment on KTLA this morning.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's coming up in just a few minutes, or you can get the link on my website.
Speaker 2: Rich on Tech dot TV. I'll put it there.
Speaker 3: This is just such a cool little tool to kind of have experiment with AI a little bit.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's kfi's tech guy, Rich Demurro. You can hear him every weekend Rich on Tech Saturdays from eleven to two right here on KFI.
Speaker 4: Of course, you can watch him on KTLA.
Speaker 1: And follow him on Instagram, Rich on Tech and everything he talks about. He puts it on his website, so if you missed it, or you're driving or something, you can always go to his website.
Speaker 4: Check it out. It's Rich on Tech dot TV. Thank you, Rich Demurro.
Speaker 2: All right, have a great day, all right, talk to you soon.