Speaker 1: Uh, we got sports coming up next. Is Jason Kidd about to leave Dallas? Is he going to be the head coach of the Knicks. This is a crazy story and it's not going anywhere. It's it's it's courtesy of the great Mark Stein. But it is still out there. What is going to happen with the Jason Kidd situation. We'll get into that momentarily, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Give me that news quickie. All right, I thought you guys would like this story. So Governor Greg Abbott has signed a bill. There's a lot of bills on his desk right now. He said, there's like a thousand of them that he's got to look at, and that's it feels like that wouldn't be fun to read a bunch of bills. He signed a bill last month that would allow a referee, a judge, or other official of an extracurricular athletic activity to remove spectators without warning, meaning if someone's being a ruly you know, things like that. So previously, these officials could not eject a spectator behaving inappropriately unless they issued a verbal warning. And then there's a behavior persistent, it just keeps going. So now they can actually do that. Like, if you've ever seen an umpire or official throw a parent out of a game, they've never been legally allowed to do that really until now.
Speaker 1: Now were they legally allowed to do it as long as they gave a warning.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's well with this hold on.
Speaker 3: I mean you may have more details here, but what this really comes down to is enforcement. Like I could, I could walk up to someone and go, you know what, you're out of here? Like no, I'm not, Like, how do you enforce this sort of thing? Because I've seen parents get ejected from games, and if they wanted to be a real horses ass, they could have said, no, I'm sitting right here watching my kid.
Speaker 1: Isn't there is there a law enforcement at every game?
Speaker 2: I guess? I doubt.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've seen some questionable situation. I've seen a lot of weird situations with parents behaving really irrationally at sporting events, youth sporting events. But there was one. I was at it as a JV basketball game, and who was a mom and dad and and it was tense, like they were both like about it, like they were looking to have a fistfight in the stands if they needed to mm hmm, and it got it was so wild they were asked to leave, and then there was a lot of trepidation about okay, are they lingering outside? Like it was scary and apparently they had a reputation for it, like they'd been kicked out several times. Yeah, and like you're just like, man, are we all gonna get shot over a bad call in a game? Like what is happening here? But some people get so caught up in it they they can't help, but just ruin the entire sporting event for everyone there.
Speaker 3: That's what happened to a keep to Leeb's brother. He's in prison because he shot a guy at.
Speaker 1: A football game.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: But like, like you understand what I'm saying. We've all, I mean, I've coached little league teams, been as coach little league teams. So the ref who makes you know, fourteen dollars an hour as a part time job, goes all right, sir, you're out of here.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, so on this bill, it's just UIL events, I guess. So you know, youth sports completely if it's UIL baseball, it's not right. Okay, that's different. Ui L is sanctioned, and there's probably a.
Speaker 1: Cop there, so that's like legit high school games. Yeah, I'm just imagining that if that that's a good question. Is there a security guard cop at Yeah? I would not know, because they can get to a lot of big, you know games. No, there are.
Speaker 3: If it's a if it's a place that's going to have more than one hundred people, it's not that uncommon for there to be a police officer there, especially in you know whatever community. It's like they know, they know the schedule, and they can account for that. I mean, every school has a cop there.
Speaker 2: Boy, doesn't this feel like it's they're already in a tough spot because they don't get paid a lot and it's really a thankless job. But doesn't this feel like a dangerous thing to give a little more power to the official?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Realized that if something's happening, but I don't know, enforcing it almost feels like that escalator things are trying to enforce it, or even I don't know, doing the actual ejection, going through with the process feels like that would escalate things. More than just kind of riding it out. But that's you guys know me, I ever write it out mentality.
Speaker 1: I feel like these situations get worse and worse and worse, and it's almost like an official having control over the game and the environment. If you're allowing that to happen, it's if one parent is chirping on one side, the other parents feel like they've got to now get involved, and it could just escalate and get worse and worse and worse. So I like the rule, I don't understand how it can be enforced. But if the official is like, look, you're out of here. You're ruining this game environment, it's we can't even have competitive sports here. You're ruining it for everyone. You're out. And if they refuse to leave, that team forfeits the game and it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And there's also there's the issue of standards, like what are the qualifying standards for this action that an official can take, right, because if you leave it up to the discretion of the official, you might get a guy who is unhappy at his day job and he's going to take it out on a game, like I've seen that with officials before. Yeah, you know again it's a part time job, but you know it's all ideas. Does someone care. This is the same thing with regulating police officers. Are they bringing a bad home life onto the job where they have all this authority and a weapon. You know, it's just it's human behavior. And the other thing too that I think maybe it's different, maybe it's not, maybe it's more noticeable. But one thing in general with kind of human behavior is a platform tends to or any platform and or authority tends to embolden someone, right. It gives them strength to do more, whether that's a good or bad thing. And we are in the day and age where everyone has a platform now through social media, and so I think it's exacerbated behaviors that used people used to suppress a little bit because now it's so easy for me to Like I was asking my wife last night about I was like, what do you think about this next door app? I'm just looking at the behavior on a next door app cause I get the emails and it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The by the way, human behavior great buyork song. Oh, I love it. To your point about people being in bolden and taking to social media into a platform. One area that I see that quite a bit. Is the person who wants to challenge a police officer over the law with a basic pullover, like you're just pulled over and like hey, can I get your license and registration? Like you don't have the authority to ask me that under this code, you have to know I need your badge number. And it's just immediately like so confrontational. It's like wait what and they're videoing it. They're videoing it, and it's like I'm gonna tell I'm gonna put you on trial. No, you tell me your boss, And they're just suddenly the police officers like, uh, I don't you have a tail light out? Like I don't know what's happening, Like it is out of control. Well, let's do this.
Speaker 3: Let's take that same circumstance and let's apply it to Jason Kidd next right here on the Beninskin. We will go around the sports here on the Eagle