Speaker 1: Rick Wilson, Hello, Molly.
Speaker 2: We're just talking about the incredible performance by the Trump administration at a political rally for a candidate. So this is yesterday's excitement. Donald Trump had his head of his FBI, Cash Cautel. You may remember him from drinking at lots of big events at the poolroom and with the US Olympic team and wherever he can have an opportunity to throw a few backs.
Speaker 1: He does love a cocktail.
Speaker 2: Apparently he does love a cocktail. And Donald Trump's new sworn in Attorney General doing a rashley for a candidate who has no chance of ever winning.
Speaker 1: Discuss Bruce Blakeman. I have as much chance of being named the next Pope as Bruce Blakeman has a theem governor of New York. But I mean, look at it really strikes Catholic, aren't you Catholic? Yeah? Well again again, the chance of me becoming pope is rather remote, and Bruce Blakeman has less of a chance to becoming New York City governor. The problem for me is watching the head of the FBI and the head of the Department of Justice, who just got confirmed by a fraction by a hairy going to a political rally, and the thing that offended me the most, set aside, like the meta part of it, when that son of a bitch went out there and said, well, if you touch a law enforcement officer, we're going to go after you the full extent of the law, unless you're a January sixth terrorist. Of course those people are fine. Those money, Yeah, gonna get paid for attacking cops. And yeah, so I don't know if you caught meet the press this morning, but Blanche was on there with Welker and he said, and she said, well, you know what if Doronald Trump asked you to break the law, and he's like, he would never do that. Oh no, oh come on.
Speaker 2: Man, I think it's worth actually just pausing for a second and going through it, because during this thing he didn't even.
Speaker 1: Just say that.
Speaker 2: He also said, so Walker said, can you pledge the DOJ will always act independently of the White House, which is like what we consider to be the baar fucking minimum.
Speaker 1: Pretty yeah, pretty much like the baseline, right, and.
Speaker 2: Bland says, no, I'm not gonna promise that. And no attorney general ever should totally disqualifying like every attorney general should do that and did do that until this fucking guy. Okay, Welker said, So if the president and this is my favorite part, So the president asked you to do something that you feel cross as an ethical or legal line, do you do it? And this is what all of Trump's people have said at every like they figured out a what they figured out a workaround, right instead of saying no, you know what, they what the proper answer is, of course I would never do anything illegal. But Blanche says what everybody says. He says he would never do that. He never has and you never will.
Speaker 1: Oh he has, he many times. And what I have to tell you I texted with a US senator about two minutes before we came on the air, the Democratic US senator, and I said, this is the fundamental grounds for your appeachment proceeding against Todd Blanche And he replied, yes, it is, because.
Speaker 3: He's gone out there and he said he is absolutely going to serve Donald Trump no matter what he wants, no matter how illegal it is.
Speaker 1: This and the and the idea that the DOJ is subsidiary to the White House and not an independent judicial or an independent federal law enforcement agency, is an astounding abrogation of his duties. Astounding. I mean, I keep thinking that we can't get worse for Blanche, but it's going to get worse for Blanche.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let's just talk this through for a minute. Some of what's happened here is that there is a theory behind this. It's called the unitary executive theory, correct, And what it means is that you can just the president is a fucking king. And the Supreme Court loves this theory because it's filled with right wingers and this is their guy. But the reality is is that the justice system, nothing is set up to make this work for Trump, and ultimately the idea and watching it happen in real time is disturbing all of our every the whole way the government is.
Speaker 1: Set up, Malli. The fundamental structure of the balance of powers, between the tripartepe division of powers, between the branches, the long legal frameworks that exist both in the Constitution and in the rule of law in this country, all of them are built to resist unitary executive power. They're built to resist a king. That was the fundamental design speck of the constitution. No fucking kings, right, Russell Vaught and a number of these weirdos inside of Trump's universe. Boris Epstein and others are really pushing as hard in as far as they can, and then Todd Blanche is now their eager handmaiden to say, there is no universal there is no bounds on the president's power. His power is unlimited and universal, and he can do whatever he wants, anytime he wants, on any issue he wants, and every part of government must in fact bend to him no matter what the law says. Listen, We're going to have a collision here. It is going to happen sooner than later. It's happening right now because our friend Katie Fang is pushing Todd Blanche over the cliff, winning every single one of these motions on the Epstein materials, as Blanche continues to illegally cover up the Epstein materials that in order to protect Donald Trump and solely to protect Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also probably to protect Donald Trump's friends and yeah, I mean, yeah, there are probably a lot of people you know, the how but our lond Nick's in there are all sorts of other.
Speaker 1: People from Trump or older, and Steve in there.
Speaker 2: Steve Bannon, Yeah, so I do think and do not forget Michael Wolfe, who is very mad at me because I always write about how he's in there, but he is very much in the Epstein files. And even like Michael Wolfe who had extensive in the Epstein many emails and text messages for many emails, and.
Speaker 1: And other people that and other people that Trump. Now, if there are still people that are that are active financially or politically, I'm sure Trump is is nodding and winking at them like, hey, I'm helping you out. Where's my vig pay me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and that is a larger question of the presidency. But here we are in August. We're about to or less than one hundred days from the midterms, and it's interesting to me, like we're cruising into the mid RUMs and polling for Republicans. I mean, Donald Trump is pulling the worst of any president in history.
Speaker 1: Barnatur.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, well, I mean I assume that they're probably Andrew Jackson. Donald Trump's favor did not pull so well.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that was Listen. Here here's the thing, folks, I've been I have paid in my career for many, many millions of dollars worth of polling in hundreds and hundreds of races and issues and corporate assignments, all these things. I have consumed polling professionally for my entire career. There is a technical term as to where Donald Trump is right now. It is America fucking hates Trump and the depths of his collapse politically in this country. Do not be fooled by Twitter. Do not be fooled by even the sort of mainstream media repetition of saying, oh, everyone loves Donald Trump and the Republican Party. Even the Republican base is cracking. They're down from the nineties to the fifties in supporting Trump, in strongly supporting Trump. This is a guy in complete political collapse, and the the impact is going to hit the party. They all know it, they all, they all, they're all making their contingency plans now for what happens in November when he goes completely off the rails and blames all of them and Molly. I have a theory. I have a theory of the case that's going on right now. Remember how much money he's sitting on between MAGA Inc. And the r n C and other super packs he controls it's it's like eight hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have a theory that he gave away the game the other day when he said, well, they gave the money for me. They like me, but they don't like other Republicans. I think he's going to sit on a lot of that money and keep it. I think he's gonna say that I'm keeping this money. This is my money. I raised that, Haha, he did.
Speaker 2: He has really differentiated between himself. Oh yeah, and the Republican Party knew his times. I've seen him say even in that interview with Jake Sherman where he said, you know, they don't like Republicans, but they like me. Yeah. And remember a lot of Republicans are trying to get that maga inc mind.
Speaker 1: Well, Ken Passon is a calling every day begging please come in. I need one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 2: Good lad Jackson. Is it really interesting in my mind that they're not that nobody has come to Ken Pattin's age because early money and you know this better than anyone, explain to our listeners what the difference between early money and late money is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, the more you can get in the door faster. First off, it's cheaper to buy media earlier than later. In the October media is very very expensive, whether it's digital or cable or god forbid, if you're still doing broadcast broadcast, the early media is a lot less expensive. The The other thing is, in this environment, this media environment, you have to beat the message in for longer than you think. You have to really convince people, and you have to hit him over the head a number of times, not just like not just like two weeks in a cloud of dust at the end of the campaign. All of this stuff really adds up to putting people like Ken Paxson in a very deep hole. Paxson's not raising the money tall Rico is. He's not spending the money on the air like Tall Rico is. I will give you a little bit of an inside like secret Republican infighting that's going on here. Kim Paxton's consultant is a guy named Jeff row and jeffro is a notorious pirate when it comes to Republican campaign like he brags that he takes sixty seven percent of every dollar in the campaign spends for himself.
Speaker 2: And didn't you work for you work.
Speaker 1: For Desantas and that worked out really well for Dissantas he's president. Now, yeah, oh absolutely, President Desantas is doing great. But the Republican establishment in DC hates Jeff Row so much that they're like, no, we're not wasting our money with that guy. We're not letting him take. If they do spend one hundred million dollars and Jeff Row wants to keep two thirds of it, that ain't gonna work for them. So Jeff Row is a is a cancer on Paxson's campaign, above and beyond Paxton being a degenerate criminal, corrupt, an adulterer, a weirdo, and probably engaged in some really weird shenanigans. Because a guy who makes one hundred and seventy grand a year, who owns fourteen multimillion dollar properties around the country, something may add up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm really interested in Paxton's total inability to campaign in any which way. I mean, this guy killed Cornan, right, I mean he just killed Cornan in the primary. I mean they spent and spent and spent and he creamed him. And then now he's the nominee and he seems, you know, he's in Europe, he's got a.
Speaker 1: Girlfriend, he's on vacation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, what do you think is going on there.
Speaker 1: That I think he's already checked out. I think he does not feel like he could win, and he's checked out. But he also molly represents weirdly. It used to be the Republicans who would catch a populous wave early and try to ride it, and he's trying to ride something now that feels like it's from twenty ten rather than from twenty twenty six. Tal Marico feels very of the moment. He's engaged, he's he's warm, He's a guy who's talking to people where they are at on the economy and on and on what they need. He's not taken the bait from Paxton. Paxton's gonna go in the next couple of weeks, guys, just he'll get some money in the door eventually from his billionaire oil and gas guys, and he'll go up and'll be transpillionaire. That'll all that's gonna be always got and it's not gonna work.
Speaker 2: But he but he does have like I mean, remember he has a Texas or two big Texas billionaires who funded who have funded his impeachment trip.
Speaker 1: Correct they bought they basically bought the Texas Senate majority. They went in and said, here, if you but if you'll, if you'll kill this impeachment, we're gonna give you all a you know whatever amount of money. Yeah, stop, and they did. These guys are are like they're also the people who fund a lot of these right wing news sites and they're the classic Maga hate machine billionaires.
Speaker 2: So what do you think right now, because it's a weird moment. We got Trump Trump versus Iran. The Iranians seem to be winning. Every time he says we're near deal, or he went on TV and he said we're gonna crush them, and then they tweet, you know, fuck you, or try try moving your stuff through the straight buddy, and you know, you never got to hand it to a murderous regime. But they are really It strikes me like there's a parallel with the Ukrainians there, like they are they shouldn't be winning, but clearly they are there.
Speaker 1: They are absolutely winning this battle. And again, you're a right Nobody here is a fan of a regime that hangs gay people from cranes in the street. Nobody here is a fan of a regime that treats women like cattle. Nobody. Yeah, but they have strategically figured Trump out. They understand that he's not smart. They understand that Pete Hegsetts should not be running a seven to eleven, much less the Department of Defense, And in all these regards, they now understand the time is their friend. They can wait it out. We don't even have the missiles left to attack them now to cause them enough harm so that they will would capitulate. And even if we did attack them and we knock them back in the stone age, they don't care. That gives them regime more power over the people of Iran, not less power. They care about their survival and they're gonna survive. They figured this thing out. None of them are using cell phones anymore. They're all using They're all using messengers on motorcycles, taking handwritten notes back and forth. Does it slow things down, Sure of course it does. But does it make it so we can put them down and target them and kill them, Yes, it does. So we got into this war in part because net and Yahoo Wamma Jam and Trump into it. But Trump also did it because he wanted to be the tough guy. He thought he was going to scare them or intimidate them, and that except that an ironclad plan to beat them. And like we've talked about before, every professional who has studied the Gulf, who has followed along for the last forty years in that region has said, you know what, going to war with Iran has consequences that we can't control. I mean, so let me just say this to your audience here.
Speaker 2: Anyone who's read The Economist knows it closes straight in is a country of eighty million people. And we don't have to be a genius here.
Speaker 1: Here's here's a funny thing that people, you know in this audience may not may not immediately grasp. Even Dick Cheney was like, no, no, that's too much. We're not going to go to war with Iran. Yeah, even Dick Cheney, oh yeah, okay, who was surrounded by a bunch of boots who were hockeier than Dick Cheney, who people who really wanted to turn Iran into a parking lot. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We deconflicted with Iran in the in desert storm. We deconflicted with Iran during during the Iraq War. I mean, we had we sprints back and forth at the lower levels, But everybody realized what would happen to the world economy if Iran decided to use cheap sea minds to close the straight, which is what they're doing. And Trump is Trump is the greatest fool in American foreign policy history. There's literally never been a mistake in our foreign policy or military history bigger than this one. Vietnam looked like a great decision compared to this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now we're saying you can't get out of it, which is endlessly I mean, and gas prices, and so the question will be will voters vote for me? The thing that I'm so struck by is, like we see voters really are the thing that has made them so sour on Trump. Not the anti democracy thing, not the racism, not the sexesm, not the allegations, but literally the gas prices.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, it's the it's the unspinnable molly, even maga. Voters can't go to the gas pump where they're putting fia gallon gas in their truck and say, wow, I'm paying two dollars like Trump said, I am, Because then I am, then you're Trump in the day was like gas is an average of a dollar eighty nine. Show me, show me, show me where it is? Donald and nobody else believes it either, because even even the and look, you can't spend the price of gas and the price of groceries for everyday people, no matter what Fox tells them, it's more expensive than it was. And it's Trump's fault. There's no other nothing else caused this magical rise in gas prices except the war that Trump didn't have to start and cannot win.
Speaker 2: Yes, the only thing that's cheaper is the diarrhea lettuce. Oh wait, not even that is cheaper.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, the diarrhea lettuce, to my mind, is such a symbol of this country at this point. The company that has the diarrhea lettuce just to get deregulation so they didn't have to test their poop lettuce to make sure the West didn't have poop in the poop lettuce. And so now they got their wish. They got their wish. We stopped testing for those things. We gave them, We gave them the power they wanted, and now they face a brand killing catastrophe because the regulation they thought was costing them money was actually saving them money in the end. And now now tailor farmers are gonna have to rebrand as something like definitely not the poop lettuce that will cause you explosive diarrhea.
Speaker 2: Support Trump, support anti regulation, and in the end, get the poop lettuce.
Speaker 1: Ritt Wilson, mollifast. I'd love to see as always. I hope I can come back next week.