Speaker 1: Hey, good morning, everybody, Happy Friday as we broadcast live on the road today. Mercurial Wealth Advisors, Uh, you can stop by tomorrow they're gonna have a shredded event, which means if you have documents you need shredded. Most companies charge, but tomorrow it's gonna be free, right out front of their office and their lobby here at ninety one hundred Shelbyville Road.
Speaker 2: Can be located a stone's throw from Skyline Chili.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that's true. You go right down that road.
Speaker 2: You come by, you get all your business shredded, and then you know what you do what you reward yourself with a large five way And you think I'm will say you think it will say cheeze coney.
Speaker 3: You're ready for the curveball?
Speaker 1: What Chiledoh chalito chialito with the sour cream? Yeah, yeah, yes, No.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say eighty six to sour cream, but anybody would freak out on.
Speaker 1: Me because that's restaurant lingo, that's for sure. Mercurio Wealth Advisors, Alan Troy Bolton, they're your financial advisors. Folks. You need a coach. Even Michael Jordan had a coach. You need a coach to get you through it. Whether you're barely towards retirement or you're already retired. You it's like a boat. You got to have a wrench on it all the time.
Speaker 2: And you don't want to start at the last second. It's never ever too early to start saving. I wish someone would have got a hold of me at eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: Well, thank thank god.
Speaker 3: For our wives. Yeah, no, kidding, right, our.
Speaker 1: Wives said, hey, we need a plan absolutely for what. Now is the time because Dwight and I always said, well we only need some board shorts and some flip flops, but we're gonna need a little more than that.
Speaker 2: Well, neither one of us, to be truthful, thought that we would be alive at fifty seven.
Speaker 1: That's true, so you know, well, yeah, neither one of us supposed to. We're you actually, I know, I actually really tested that theory. I really tested that theory. But it is retirement is weird and uh we I don't want to say. Jack, They were like, look, how what you spending a month? And Jack and now look at each other. We're like, we're not really.
Speaker 3: Sure at all.
Speaker 1: So we sat down and did a couple of months and then averaged it out and they're like, you're gonna need that mostly in retirement. And we looked at each other and I don't want to say the number because we were like, we couldn't believe we spent that much a month. We were like, that's how much is going out. We're gonna need that per month, which is scary.
Speaker 2: Right now, my net worth is twenty three, but susans Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Susan's a little higher, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's a big weekend folks. Crusade for children or at Crusade for children, not just the trivia is happening this weekend. I'll be out there Sunday with Terry Minors. Terry will be on TV tonight a on WHS eleven. Of course there's the seventy fifth birthday of Saint Matthew's with the bands in Brown Park, and of course the Shredded event tomorrow from ten am until one pm. Again, there's a tent set up right out front of me. Curia Walter Advisors, ninety one hundred, Shelby bill Road Plus we'll give you the phone numbers and everything. They've got choice Toroy's got a book. Uh, and you need that book. It's a guide book. It's a rule book to say, hey, here's what you want to do, don't do this, and some advice as you kind of navigate getting to retirement because the big questions are taxes, how much more taxes? A you're going to be paying? I just finished Yellowstone last night and Jack and I was like, you know, the sad thing is is that is that one of the worst things for America is people can't keep their land, can't keep your house because taxes go up every month, and the government can't wait to say, oh you can't afford that. Okay, you're gonna have to sell it. Do people that want to do something different with it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I'll live off the grid, so under an oak tree out of the woods.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, but no way, I am or the grid. I am the grid. No, but it is serious business. It is nice to know what you need, how much you need. More importantly, when you can retire and factor in all those factors of taxes going up, oh my god. I mean, because that's it's so out of most people's league unless you're in that industry.
Speaker 3: It just makes it easier for you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I won't have to worry about inheritance tax for my family.
Speaker 3: You have that money.
Speaker 2: Did I tell all my niece, all my nieces and nephews, they know that they're in my will in pencil, so they can be at any time.
Speaker 1: Any day now. But to get back to that point, if you do your what you're spending every month, Let's say it's eight thousand dollars a month, you're spending eight thousand dollars as a family or a couple, you're gonna need at least that because things are gonna get more expensive and everything else. You're gonna need eight thousand dollars a month. How are you generating that eight thousand dollars a month in retirement? That's scary. But the best thing about this place is that you get to our age. I'm fifty six, Dwight is sixty three, and you get you get to a point to where you can choose your retirement date February twenty four of twenty thirty three, right, whatever it is, and you're just like I have now, I have a date. I have a date to retire. That's a really good date.
Speaker 3: I when you start the countdown, start the.
Speaker 1: Countdown clock and that's what a curio can do, is set that date for you, so I'd come on by again. The shredded event is tomorrow, all right, So lots going on Crusade. We got Saint Matthew's birthday. They've canceled the B twenty five that's taking off from yas Field with the Honor here a Bluegrass Honor flights. They I don't know how many World War Two vets they were putting on that ding, but we talked about it last week. John and I went and saw it last year and John and I were like, of course the World War two vets. They're like you punks because we were like, we were like, I'm not sure I'm getting on an eighty year old plane. Because it took a little bit. They went can can can can Can Can Can can can't can't can can can can can't can't. Boom, the explosions went off, boom, and all this black smoke came out of the engines and then downed it out. We're laughing, but it looked cool. It looked cool. I'm not sure if I want to get on it.
Speaker 2: And the only way I would get one one if they let me wear the little leather helmet, you know, with the goggles, and I can run out to it with a leather jacket on and a scarf.
Speaker 1: Oh look, it's make a wish. He used to fly in the plane.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know what?
Speaker 2: So so I've got a torn achilles tenn't wait what happened? I might contact the dream of wish.
Speaker 3: It's foundation.
Speaker 2: Dream of wish is set wish. Dream of wish is set.
Speaker 3: Up for guys like me. Yeah, that have overcome.
Speaker 1: No dream of wish? Was you going to a bar late at night.
Speaker 2: In the eighties, Hey, we got to talk about it. Normally we don't talk about national politics on it. Sometimes we do.
Speaker 1: I know what you're gone, let's say.
Speaker 2: But yesterday when the Department of Agriculture released their study on cherries, I thought that was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you never sent me national politics.
Speaker 3: And I said it yesterday yesterday, Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was Elon going on and saying major bomb drop that Trump is uh is involved in the Epstein files.
Speaker 3: But here's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: And I'm maybe I'm wrong, and I usually am. I think they ricahoots together and it's a big show. I don't know, but I just don't know what to believe anymore unless I see it with my face in person. AI has made it where I can't. I can't watch a video and say, oh, yeah, that happened.
Speaker 1: Well, who could have predicted that. Donald Trump and a bunch of billionaires that never hear the word know we're going to last more than six months. I mean, these billionaires get to be billionaires because they push people around. They get what they want their they're manipulative. They are very good at what they do. But they also don't here. No, they have a whole team of people that have great idea. Sir, I don't like it. I love it, and hey, that's our phrase. I get that. But who knew that after a while it was gonna be But he's got a good point. Elon Musk, I think he's got a good point. His job was doze to kill, to not kill, but to cut expenses, and then the big beautiful bill came out and he disagreed with it, and that's when the seed of discontent was planted. Okay.
Speaker 2: I also remember when Handsome Jimmy Valiett got in a feud with Billy Superstar Dundee and he trashed his car with a baseball bat and different examples like that on Saturday Morning Wrestling.
Speaker 1: He wasn't really Billy Dundee's car.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, no, but I'm just saying it's all a big show.
Speaker 1: Didn't Billy Dundee have a like a Texas star on the butt of his head?
Speaker 2: He was Australian, Oh is Australian.
Speaker 1: He had a star on all these little panties that he.
Speaker 3: Wore when he wrestled.
Speaker 2: Panties, Man, they kind of looked like pannies. Man, they were wrestling. Oh, no, wrestling performance shorts. Hey, you know Billy Dundee is still out there. Uh, Joey Strader sent me a thing a while back. It was just like him at some show. I don't know if he surely he's not wrestling.
Speaker 1: No, man, you're talking about that was forty years ago, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But people said I would never survive this Achilles standing and look at me here right now.
Speaker 3: Everyone said, you know, they did neither, not even the doctors that.
Speaker 1: One said we all around you wouldn't survive.
Speaker 3: No, that's not what they said.
Speaker 2: I was on the table and doctor Ellis and doctor Bodenhausen came in and both.
Speaker 3: Of them it's the look on both of their faces.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, let's talk about Okay, I'm gonna give you a guess. I don't know if you saw the story. If you saw the story, then don't then you can't be legitimate. And guess how how many years has Little Garden has been closed?
Speaker 3: All right, let me do the walk back on this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, Okay, I'm gonna kind of come within a window or to have these.
Speaker 1: Guess you're right on it. It's nineteen twenty, it's nineteen years two thousand and six. So when I saw that, I was like, it's been closed since two thousand and six. And I was like, I thought I went to a show or did an event there after two thousand and six, But I guess I didn't. And God bless the people that have to fix that place up. Do you understand nineteen years of nothing.
Speaker 3: That's the city's fault.
Speaker 2: Oh if if you ask me.
Speaker 1: That's three mayors, by the way, that's three mayors of letting that go.
Speaker 2: You talk about all of these initiatives that we have had in the past. Hey, it's you know this and that and the other deal or whatever. You know, the city builds up something I would have loved to have had Louisville Gardens just semi restored. Listen when I went to Louisville Gardens for concerts, yeah, in the eighties, Yeah, it wasn't all that. Uh, it was pretty worn down then.
Speaker 1: Man, you know that's a great point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like Woisville Gardens, same with Cincinnati Guards. You don't walk in and go, wow, look at this. No, everything is smoke stained, everything has a tinge of brown on it.
Speaker 3: But I love Destroyer.
Speaker 2: The roof always had missing tiles, always, whether if you were there for wrestling on Tuesday nights, if you are for a concert, graduation. It never looked good. But I loved the venue. I know so many great concerts there and there was not a bad seat in that house. I was hoping they were gonna revive that with a hockey team or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but no, so yesterday they uh.
Speaker 1: And I will say this, Uh, Robert Stuivers, the President of the Senate. I get if you don't agree with his politics. I understand that that's what America is about. But if you're a little villion you have no idea. Robert Steivers, the President of the Senate in Frankfurt is the most Louisville friendly. Oh, Frankfurt leader. Now I'm gonna say contemporary Louisville history, because I'll go back about fifty years. I go back to Harvey Sloan in the seventies. So I don't I can't tell you the sixties or fifties. But he is the he's the friendliest. He's he remark, what was the last not this past session, but the one before, two billion dollars to Louisville. Louisville's gotten zero from Frankfort.
Speaker 3: Viever.
Speaker 1: All right, he's the first guy that said we're gonna work with Louisville. Not just work, we're gonna help them get where they need. And he's part of this initiation, and.
Speaker 2: He's part of the initiative. And here's another part of that initiative. There's been a lot of people in the Republican Party to start winning these House seats, right, these Senate seats. So he's recognized that, hey, you know, and so things are actually starting to get done in Louisville through Frankfort in the General Assembly.
Speaker 3: But my wife was down there, she was part of this.
Speaker 1: She was part of that, and I was so proud to see her there.
Speaker 2: So Susan was there, you know, and I was I was being brave yesterday. Oh right, but I wasn't that brave. So she went down there. And then last night I talked to her. I said, how the guardens thing? I said, what did it look like? She said, it looked like the last time we were there. And then I said, I said, I what because I carved my name in one of those seats in a Judish priest concert.
Speaker 1: Because the people don't understand the back of the wood there wouldn't seats.
Speaker 2: Woulden't there seats? Yes, And I carved my name in one of those wooden seats. I said, I wonder she goes. They were all the wooden seats. Everything's the same.
Speaker 1: Uh, Tom Petty, I saw him there. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had to work the station.
Speaker 2: That was the Wildflowers tour, and they said the entire one before that, Oh I remember Wildflowers.
Speaker 3: He kicked it off in Louisville. Everybody got to go but me.
Speaker 2: Gary Guthrie made me stay home or stay home, stay at the station and work.
Speaker 1: Where was I backstage with some girls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the bass player and his name was Kenny bart Hen Henderson Fould and fall.
Speaker 1: As the weird looking guy in the in the track matching track suit and blonde hair guy.
Speaker 3: Which which are you? I don't know you hear me? I can't hear myself?
Speaker 1: Is with us here at Mercurial Wealth Advisors ninety one hundred, Shelby a little road, UH Saturday tomorrow ten to one. They'll be doing a free UH shredding event and they'll have some lunch for you too, if you want to come by and say hi to us. Today we have Chrispy Krean Donuts.
Speaker 3: I'm already sure. How mey? Have you had UH two so far?
Speaker 5: The count is going White calls them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a lot.
Speaker 1: You have two. There's two reasons why you're coming on it here. First, you're gonna do the joke of the day.
Speaker 3: We're gonna go to break, okay.
Speaker 1: But then you found your fiance on grinder. Yes, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, hinge, I apologize. I don't know any of these sides.
Speaker 3: Which name stay, which fiance? I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you can't do this to us because we're listen the jury's out. Tony our convinced she's gonna leave you at the altar, right, Yeah, we're just bet on.
Speaker 3: We just beat honest with you, bro, You're gonna get a free party.
Speaker 2: So we thought at least you would let you get the bachelor party and then she's gonna have the wedding shower with.
Speaker 3: But you freaked this out.
Speaker 2: Man, We thought she already dumped you.
Speaker 1: Well, sorry, grinder, it's a hinge yes, all right, uh my, apologies. We'll talk about that how that works out. Let's do the joke of the day. John back in the studio. John, you know what I'm doing?
Speaker 3: Just fine? Oh, good to hear you.
Speaker 1: Are we not We're not overmodul.
Speaker 3: No, no we have Yeah, we're on. Yeah, you guys sound great.
Speaker 1: Proper modulation. Thank you, all right, Austin. Joke of the Day, June sixth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: That's right, it's good to be back on here, guys, Happy Friday. Well, I love the immunity music to always do.
Speaker 2: I love well, you gotta have the immunity music because listen, some people, I'm not naming names on this show.
Speaker 5: Some people put in some turd. Joke of the Day interesting. I wonder who that can be. We gotta we gotta find that out.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, hey, fellas, you got a country music joke for you. Yeah, I was kind of feeling the room when I walked in and thought that that would be apropos for a Friday that listen, that wasn't.
Speaker 1: The room apropos apropros?
Speaker 5: All right, what do you get when you play a country music song backwards?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Ahead, you get back your wife, your dog, and your.
Speaker 3: Friday. Baby.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about, number one. When we're talking about highest quality number one and highest craftsmanship number one, and it's value plus. Pellow windows and doors. They're not just made right here in the USA. No, they're right here in Kentucky as a matter of fact, by your friends, your neighbors, and you. Compella now and pay later. Go look at these windows right now while you're at work. Go to Pella Louisville dot com. Make your life brighter, and Pella now and pay later.
Speaker 3: We'll be back. Oh no, lots of I love lots of.
Speaker 1: Jackie said this morning, are you gonna eat the chicken sweet that's in the refrigerator? And I was like, yes, she goes. I said you can have it.
Speaker 2: This is actual giver, this is actual audio John Olden, Yeah, he goes the extra mile.
Speaker 3: I know I'm here, all right, all right?
Speaker 1: Uh go a loft Apasta three six h thirty seven seventeen Lexing Road in the heart of Saint Matthew's. I know that address because it seventy years ago. My grandfather had it add an appliant store. There is that kind of weird or what at thirty seven seventeen like studs in row.
Speaker 2: Hey, lady, you want to dishwasher and stuff, get in here.
Speaker 3: I'm Grandpavanedti.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Man Tonynetti or bad Grandpa Benetti. Back after this. News Radio eight forty whs Hallo, Joe Bosh, all right, welcome back news Radio eight forty whas the Tony and Dwight jo brought you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Come on by tomorrow mer Curi your Wealth Advisors a free shredding event from ten am to one. It's set up right on the sidewalk. Actually, you could probably pull up Troy and just hand the stuff and then they'll shreddit or you have to get out of the car and all that.
Speaker 6: Oh no, we'll have a well, the truck will be right out front. You can pull right up there, drop everything off on load park, come in with some barbecues.
Speaker 1: So what are you suggesting?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Well, what stuff do we shred?
Speaker 6: Any documents that old? Documents that are too old, usually keep tax returns for about five years. Okay, And let's be honest. Most people have everything digital these days. Yeah, so having them in hard copy printed is a little outdated. So just bring that stuff in. We don't need that those records in house. Let's bring everything in shred.
Speaker 1: Got some stuff in the addict I needed to show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the secret to getting ahead is getting started.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, look at you. Is that your quote?
Speaker 2: No, that's Mark Twain. And it's in the book Retirement three to sixty Game Planned by Troy Bolton. Uh and it covers longevity.
Speaker 3: Call this thing.
Speaker 2: It covers everything that you need to know for guys like my age and younger or older even.
Speaker 6: It's basically a roadmap into our retirement planning process.
Speaker 3: How do people get this book, Troy?
Speaker 6: They can text in the word book to five eleven eighty eight.
Speaker 1: Two seven eleven eighty eight. The Word Book it's it's printed, by the way, in larger print for me, for for uh. It's perfect for guys like.
Speaker 6: Us, Allen mind, just to make sure.
Speaker 2: But you know what I do like it that way, man, Yeah too, you get it easy read.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to read this thing. All right.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about planning for retirement. Because I'm fifty seven. I plan on retiring as quickly as possible. I'm gonna do an extra year with Tony if they don't fire us, so we can go out together house. I mean, I'm guessing in your teams you can start, or even later in life you can start.
Speaker 3: Let's talk retire.
Speaker 6: You definitely need to start saving in your early years, Okay, as soon as you start working, start saving, Start building up that emergency account, Start investing as soon as you can. There's nothing more powerful than compound interest over twenty thirty, forty fifty years. It's amazing how much you can build if you just start young, start later. It's a little bit hard. You gotta play catch up. Gott to save a lot more at a time. But then when you get to what we call the retirement red zone is fifty and up, you're ten to twelve years out from retirement. That's when the planning really gets excited.
Speaker 1: Here's what he's gonna tell you about the stock market, right, Yeah, stock market pays off three out of four years? Is that on average?
Speaker 6: It's actually about.
Speaker 1: It's higher than that, Isn't it six out of eight years? Six out of eight years. You're gonna win in the stock market. It is. It's the It is a It really is a payoff. And whether it's six percent or some years twenty five percent.
Speaker 6: It can be huge depending on your risk tolerance. But the worst thing that can happen if you're ten years out from retirement, let's say a two thousand and eight happens, you lose forty percent of your portfolio. Your playing just changed. Yeah, you're not working. You're not retiring when you want to. Now you're working another three to four years because in two thousand and eight, when the market dropped, it took four to five years just to break even.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Troy Bolton is our guest his book Retirement three to sixty Game Plan. Troy, I will get back to what you said about compound interest, because it's absolutely fascinating and I'm sure you're familiar with the charge and you'll correct me because my mouth will be off.
Speaker 3: But it shows on this.
Speaker 2: Someone at eighteen years old putting in two thousand dollars a year, and then they stop and I want to say age twenty.
Speaker 1: Five thirty or so, let's say thirty thirty.
Speaker 2: Then to show somebody picking up at that age eighth or age thirty, whatever it might be, and contributing that amount all the way to retire it. They never really catch up. I think it's amazing.
Speaker 1: On this compound you're saying, you're saying the guy that invested early, it has more money or the same. Yeah, and stop investing.
Speaker 6: That's so much more because he started early and he has more time for that to grow. And it's even the same way when we look at our kids. Some walls that they change here recently with the five twenty nine plans used to only could spend that on educational census. I know, well, now you can take that money and put it into a WROTH plan for your children. I mean think about that.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, if thost corporations limit your WRATH contributions to right, because again the government wants their money. Oh all right, So if you do the tradition four to one k, which is Dwight and I. My wife has been doing WROTH, but only a certain percentage for her corporation, but they only allow her to do a certain amount of Once she hits that number, she can't put any more in for the rest of the year. I find it fascinating because and we will only know until we retire and go, well, I'm glad you did that WROTH because you already paid the taxes on it, but you're forced to take I don't know, Dwight. Are we gonna do seventy two and a half? Are we gonna make it?
Speaker 6: It's seventy five for you?
Speaker 1: Is it? Well, it's you mean the mandatory withdrawal is seventy five seventy year and then what do they have to take out?
Speaker 6: You have to take out? It's about four percent starting at seventy five, and the increases.
Speaker 1: Of your total money you have in there pre tax money, okay, because they want their money.
Speaker 6: They want their money even if you don't need it, and that becomes a big issue.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: We have some clients that have let's say there's social security, a decent pension, and they have all this IRA money, Let's say a million dollars setting in an IRA pre tax account.
Speaker 1: Are you okay, Dwight. Dwight thinks. Dwight thinks there's an ice cream truck. I wanted, Troy. I wanted to warn you because even with the cast, he was going to start running. He was going to start running for the ice cream.
Speaker 6: I heard something. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: Moll always told me when I was young, when you hear the noise the music, it means he's out of iye, you were fat.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Troy, I'm sorry, no, no, no, So the taxes so you mandatory four percent out. But here's the conversation that you and I have had on the show before, which is we know what the taxes are, now we don't know what it's supposed to.
Speaker 6: Change at the end of this year. I heard you all talk about the big, beautiful bill that's supposed to extend those maybe make him permanent. But we've also seen the backside of that that it could cause more and more debt on the country, so it could cause bigger issues. So our focus is to focus on us, our personal economy and make sure we're paying as little tax as possible. I mean, think about if you had a wroth. When you first started investing, you paid the taxes, which CPAs hat this pay the taxes now while you're young, start investing thirty forty year career of you saving after tax tax free money. Now you have a million dollar portfolio of completely tax free money that's all yours, A traditional four one K. Let's say you're at a million bucks, you own seven hundred and fifty thousand, the government owns the rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's true. I think because my kids now are twenty two and twenty and they're cause we're going to make sure they're going to do that right, because they have parents that are saying, hey, we're doing this, you're doing this. John's already put twenty thousand in he's twenty two because he got a bonus from the Navy and all that, but he's gonna he's invested it. I think of the advantage he has going forward, and the other kids that have a student loan debt and all that that they can't get involved. It is an insane concept to start as young, because I didn't. I didn't start till twenty nine or thirty years old, but I caught up pretty quickly. But it is you have to have a coach, and that's what you guys do. But I love doing the show. I got it. I'll be honest. I've told you this before. I was not thrilled that I wanted to do a financial show. It wasn't a sports show, it wasn't an entertainment show, and I was like a financial show. But after two weeks, what did I say to you on the show? I said, so, this is fascinating. It's fascinating to dive in to all this because it is a game and you need a coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think the reason you didn't love it as much upfront is because we have a lot of compliance that we have to watch.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. I know it can be a compliance of a compliance buster.
Speaker 2: Hey Troy, he's a stickler for the rules. I want to go back to your book and I want to listeners know how and can get it in a retirement three to sixty game played by Troy Bolton, and this literally it does cover everything when you're playing it. Medicare, Medicaid, this book.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I don't think anything's left out of this. Man.
Speaker 6: We tried not to leave anything out of it. Where Allen and I have been in conversations about updating it, doing a two point zero version just to give some updated information, But really what kind of set it all for me? And after we did the book, I'm like, Okay, it's great. What's this book going to do. It's not like we're selling it to make a profit. We give it away for people to learn. I met with a guy probably six months after I wrote the book, and he said I read the book. He reached out on the radio show that we do every Sunday on WHS eleven, and he wanted the book. We called him, said do you want to meet with an advisor? Not now? He said, I want to read the book. So when he called back in, he said, you know what, a few things that you said in there just just hit home with me, right bulls up. I need to set down with you. Because I've been with so and so financial advisor for thirty years. They mentioned none of this. They don't talk about planning, They don't talk about tax planning, income strategies, medicare planning, where do I go to get my health insurance if I retire before sixty five? None of that is mentioned with a regular find.
Speaker 1: Well, let's be honest, people are people businesses or businesses. When they've got a client, I don't even it's been with them for twenty five years, they're setting and forgetting it right. I mean, that's that's what happened. They're not bad people. It's just that's what happens. You're like, oh, well we have that client. They're never leaving. I'm not going to put a wrench on that. And that's not the way you all do it at me, Curia.
Speaker 6: Well, and just to twist a little bit what you said, or to add a little bit what you said. When you look at you have two different types of advisors. You have your accumulation specialist, somebody that you're going to start with young and just grow, grow, grow, grow grow. But then we get to the point where how do I start taking money out of this? They'll say, well, you can just take a distribution. We'll just take money out, right, But we set down, figure out what your goals are, how much you need on a monthly basis, and build an income plan that's based on your risk tolerance, build on how much you have, but that's built on exactly what you say you and Jackie want to do. Yeah, So it's more customized to you, and we look at those strategies. So we focus on distribution side of advising more than in it growth side of it.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing I don't want to igno or either is people think the retirement is a finish line. It's just starting like it's halftime. So you people go, oh, well, I'm retired, We're good. No, that's maybe the most time you need or retire somebody like mycurial to come in and and and guide you through, especially when you get up to the seventy eighty years old, when you're starting to maybe get in inheritance and how to handle that is insane.
Speaker 6: Oh, there's a lot of different rules that you got to look at and you got to stick with because you can get penalized by the irs pretty heavily. So getting a retirement coach is very important. It's fight out to your retirement plan. I mean, I think you know that just from talking with us for so long. You've been dealing with Allen for what ten twelve years now? Oh yeah, so and I've been working there for been here thirteen years now, so it's been good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been doing what you're doing in the industry for almost twenty years and then you write this book. It covers HSA and everything.
Speaker 1: And by the way, in this book is it a chapter Dwight And.
Speaker 2: No, this is it's just a little as part of just one part of a chapter in this book. Is there a perfect product when it comes to financial strategies? You can find out by getting this Oh I like it. Find out if there is a perfect product when it comes to financial strategies by getting this book by written about Troy Bolton Retirement three to sixty game plan.
Speaker 3: How do they get this free book?
Speaker 6: Easy as possible. All you do is text the word book to five two two seven three eleven eighty eight. We'll respond with the automated text messages text message, give your name address, will send that book immediate.
Speaker 2: Can you give the text number again one more time.
Speaker 6: Zero two two seven three eleven eighty eight this textbook and you'll get the book.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And here's the other thing before we go to break. I think people want to know who their advisor is. Alan has started this company a long time ago and it's morphed into different things, but he has been He's South End boy from the valley, from the Valley. This is his home. The you know, he started in the South End. That's what he is. You have two kids, small kids, three sorry, three three boys. You're gonna need the money for extra furniture, Sam's furniture and mental health care. Yeah, that's but I think it's important people know that this isn't an outside this isn't a national company that is going to cookie Cutter you. You are local guys, and they're not going anywhere.
Speaker 6: We're local guys. My family, Alan's my uncle from South End, family owned company. We want to keep it that way because that's how we treat our clients as we dream like family.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 6: I have multiple clients that ask me, well, what would you do for your mother? That's exact play.
Speaker 1: Amen. Amen, all right, Troy, thank you. We're gonna have you on again to talk about retirement. Three sixty the game Playing the books written by Troy Bolton. You're gonna have a follow up book soon and then we're okay. I figured that I have a story of the worst that's coming up next to the worst decisions in corporate history for the United States. The top one is New Coke. But there was a speaking of books. There was a publisher. Everyone passed on Harry Potter. Oh really, and some small publishing group because the eight year old daughter said, dad, you've got to do this. They had like two writers on their list. They published Harry Potter and that's a multi billion dollar deal.
Speaker 6: Now life changing.
Speaker 1: It is life changing. But the list is crazy, and you know, and this is why you need an advisor. You never know. You never know what companies are going to make. Good decisions are bad. But Troy, thank you so much for what you do, bro. And the shredding event is tomorrow ten am to one right here at ninety one hundred Shelbyville Road, just to take a write off Shelby Road if you're coming down towards Hurstborn Lane, and you'll see the tent as you pull up, and they have a big truck and they'll shred it off for you. And you might have some sandwiches or donuts.
Speaker 6: So we have a full barbecue caterer.
Speaker 2: And I want to hit this book one more time by Troy Bolton retirement three to sixty Game Plan text textbook to five.
Speaker 6: Two, two, seven, three eleven ab eight.
Speaker 1: I love it all right, man, short breaking the go ahead.
Speaker 2: You can invest the thousands that you save at the simple body Shop dot com by reading this book. Listen Thesemplebodyshop dot Com. I came out of parking lot and my jeep had been destroyed. Baby, the tailight was gone, the bumper, the quarter panel.
Speaker 3: It was horrible, typical da cart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what had two different estimates on was thirty eight hundred, the other was forty two hundred. And by the way, I had to go through the body shops get that done. Then I just text, uh, the simple body Shop. They said, oh yeah, text us some pictures of the damage. That's what I did. Vsimplebodyshop dot com. They got an estimate back to me the very like with an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: It was only nine hundred.
Speaker 2: I saved thousands of dollars and I kept it off of my insurance. And by the way, I had my car back the very next morning. You're gonna love v Simple Body Shop Vsimplebodyshop dot Com and b K Plumbing.
Speaker 1: H b K Biding Supply. Yeah, dude, John Bergen owns b K Plumbing Supply. He has hinted there's a possibility you get the Toto Nexus. What yes, Oh, yes, So what happens is this is next level and it's gonna be hard even to use another toilet after you use this one. The seat is heated and it's I can't tell you how the seat is designed. So when you sit down, it fits perfect, more than in all the cookie cutter seats that you have. It's it's heated, the water is heated. It's a day system. There's a remote control. It hangs on the wall next to you. You pick it off and you and you can you can decide how fast the water is, how warm it is. And then of course there's boys and girl parts, so there's different streams. I'll tell you what those are.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to go home and see my toilet.
Speaker 1: And then there's an air dryer. You hit the air dryer and it dries you off after you're finished. You cannot, you will. This thing will change your life. John, John Durgin, My stupid toilet just sits there. The seat's cold, it's hard, it's not even butt shape. The cold is his heart. Yes. BK Plumbing supply called four Asks for John. He sells toilets and a lot more. But it's the Toto Aqua seven back after this on news radio eight forty whas