Speaker 1: There are people that are calling for Glenn beck an end to modernity.
Speaker 2: Weekdays at nine on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: The Talk Station, and now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KOs the Talk Station.
Speaker 4: I'm right for.
Speaker 5: Five minutes time for five o'clock, and as you can tell, I am not Brian Thomas. Brian uh Well. To be in full disclosure, watch if you go to my Facebook page, I always put out a post in terms of who the guests are when I'm filling in and so on, and quite honestly, I hope I'm not outing him too much, but I have been ben Binge watching Hallmark Christmas movies ever since they started running them. I think it was towards the end of October and so on, and of course the Christmas in July stuff and whatever. And I think Brian wanted a couple of days off after all the election coverage and everything so that he could get caught up on bin Wak Binge watching some of these movies. So I'm here today, and by the way, to all you veterans out there, Happy Veterans Day. I do not want to go any further than to talk about that and to talk about my deepest respect for all veterans out there. Thank you so much for your service, and as many of you as can call in today, I want to give you a shout out and let you know how much I appreciate you. But we cannot forget our veterans. And I want to talk a little bit later on about an organization that as as you may know, I'm a host of America's truck and Network, which is Monday or Tuesday through Fridays midnight till one am. And one of the sponsors or one of the people that we affiliate with is Reese across America. I learned about them through the trucking industry, and we'll talk about them and their upcoming event and just it's a fantastic organization. So again, if you went to my Facebook page, you know that I've posted what our topics for the day is and it's who the guests are. Between now and six fifty five or six fifty five, it's going to be you, me and the phones. A few opinions on my part, because as you know, I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to use it. Coming up at seven oh five, we're going to be talking to Ken Blackwell, who's a former mayor of Cincinnati, Senior Fellow of Family Empowerment Family at the Family Research Council, currently Vice president of the Executive Committee of the Council for National Policy, and as a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. Also it was anyway, So anyway, we're going to be talking about presidential election and talking about some of the Ohio politics and so on. And also I want to talk to him a little bit about, you know, the fact that we're both Xavier alumnus alumni and the fact that he was on one of the last football teams at Xavier and I was on the last team. But he's I think he's about four or five years of head of me in school. So he was on that football team and was an outstanding athlete. So looking forward to talking to him. At seven twenty. Let me talking to Christopher Smitherman with the smither Event this week, and then at eight oh five we're going to be talking to the of course the Monday Monday and Brian James will be in talking about pretty much the markets and everything that's going on as far as the economy and man I'll tell you what you talk about. A bunch of good news ever since Tuesday, well Tuesday night early Wednesday morning, and what we have seen since then in terms of some of the news and stuff going on overseas and so on, it is just very encouraging and I'm really excited about what's going to happen over the next four years. So let's start off and go to the phones here and let's talk to Linda. Linda fifty five case. Thank you so much for calling. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Good morning, keV. Haven't seen you for a while. I saw the attention that you gave the smoking ban and the event spence Bridge, and you did a good job.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: I wanted to call because they have Mitch McConnell has called for a snap election in the Senate. This is for the head of the Senate. The head of the Senate, they decide who, what and where will be brought on the floor, what will be voted for. There are three people in contention, Corin, Zoom and Scott. In our opinion, Scott is the only conservative in there. That they're putting up the rest of rhinos and what I'm hoping is that people will call their senators, right to their senators and tell them that we have a mandate for President Trump's agenda. And we already did this. They are voting on Wednesday, and I hope other people contact their senators. And you know, we want a battle, but we didn't win the war. And I think it's going to take vigilance on all our part and work on all our part to see things really change in Washington.
Speaker 5: And I think, well, I want to continue here. Don't don't hang up yet. I hope this continues with the fact that you know, as the current sitting senator, the JD. Van sits, puts some pressure on Mitch McConnell. I hope the other Senator, Ran Paul from Kentucky, puts some pressure on him. And I hope that there is a movement that puts pressure on Mitch McConnell to do the right thing. Now, as far as what is normal, that you kind of got me at a disadvantage here, I don't know what the norm is because I know that as far as the Speaker of the House, that doesn't happen until everybody is sworn in. And I'd be kind of interested in the fact that if the Senate, the new member Senate, which is going to give the Republicans at this point, it appears fifty four seats. If I'm not mistaken, there may maybe another one that dropped overnight. Those should those people should have a vote, after all, they are going to be there for the next six years. So I don't know if this is too early. It sounds awfully early. I don't ever remember hearing a situation where this vote is done and so with a you know, they're not even in the majority. So obviously McConnell is the minority leader in the Senate, and right now, from what we've seen in the past, there seems to be a few rhinos in there, so who they vote in at this present time, I'd be very suspect. So yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Am also the only thing, the only credibility I heard on this was Tucker Carlston and he was saying that he hopes people around Trump get wind of this.
Speaker 5: So oh, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not a conspiracy person, but it does not hurt any of us to contact our senators. Of course, minus is McConnell and Graham Paul, But it doesn't hurt any of us to keep in touch with those senators in Washington telling them what we want. Absolutely, absolutely, that's that's the only thing that I had. I just I heard that, and I thought, how can this be? How can you have a snack election? And like you, I thought, how you know people aren't even there yet exactly, But evidently he said he's stepping down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he did announce that, so we do know that.
Speaker 6: Anyway, pay attention.
Speaker 5: Okay, you bet absolutely, Linda, Thanks so much for the phone call. I certainly appreciate it. You have a great day, and let's enjoy the next four years. Huh. Anyway, Yeah, that's kind of a wrinkle that I've seen. I did see a story earlier something about John Thune, and I did hear something about John. And I'm going to have to dig into those particular stories because I know, at first it seems to me and I guess I'm I don't know if I'm I may be mistaken, but I think early on in twenty sixteen and twenty seventeen, I think Cornyan was on board, but somewhere along the line he got off the Trump train. Now, John Thune has been an ardent critic of Donald Trump, and I think, if I'm not mistaken, he may have even been a never Trumper. So I don't see and I don't understand why you would want somebody like that. And I was discouraged and very disheartened by the fact that Mitch McConnell the week leading up to the election just really ripped into Donald Trump and just kind of bought into all the conspiracy theories and all the crap that the Democratic Party has been saying, and then at the end said we need to get behind him and get him elected. So it's like, how do you how do you reconcile that? And quite honestly, any liberals out there, and if you're a liberal and you're listening to this program, I know there's a bunch that listen to this program. I would encourage you to call in. I want you and and Sean is in the control room, and Sean a little shout out to you, thank you and appreciate working with you today. But if there's a liberal that calls in, I don't care if we got fifteen calls on hold. If there's a liberal that calls on, they move to the front of the line, and I want to hear their justification as to how they believe what they believe and so on. And I want to put this little thought before we go to our first break here, that all this talk about the existential threat, and let's analyze that for a second. Because when you say existential threat, you know, I'm sure people just think, good, oh, it's existential and whatever. But you define the word existential threat means that they are a threat to the existence of And so if you're calling somebody an existential threat to democracy, you are calling them a threat to the existence of democracy. You heard all the comments about Hitler, Mussolini, dictator, all this sort of stuff, all the conspiracy hoaxes and all that sort of stuff that was said during the during the campaign, Kamala Harris being asked directly, do you think Donald Trump is a fascist? Yeah, I don't believe he is.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 5: Now, if he is a fascist, if he is a dictator, if he is Hitler, why in the hell is Joe Biden inviting him to the White House on Wednesday. If somebody is an existential threat to democracy and is Hitler, would FD well, maybe FDR would have invited Hitler to the United States because looking at his background and so on. But would church Hill have invited Hitler to attend Downing Street? Hell? No, So were we being lied to all this time? Were we being hoodwinked? Were they catering to their base? Were they as they accused Donald Trump of doing? Were they doing the dog whistle that they always accuse the Republicans of doing. I want to talk about this, and of course we'll be talking about a lot of this today. Uh coming up five by the way, phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty on your AT and T wireless phone. Pete, you will be up as soon as we get back. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC, the talk.
Speaker 7: Station, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 4: Have you.
Speaker 5: Five point twenty in the morning. Absolutely, we won't back down. I will not back down. Donald Trump will not back down. And how appropriate Tom Petty on this Friday morning, and especially any of you veterans out there. I know you didn't back down and you won't back down. Let's go to the phones. Pete, fifty five krs. Thank you so much for calling. I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: How are you this morning, I'm good, thanks to taking my call, my pleasure. I had heard that same segment from Tucker that your previous caller was referring to, and it was amazing. Tucker really shed a lot of light on the whole subject. Mitsmocconnell that Thumb and cornn all hate Trump, just like the Cheney's Liz Cheney, and they're all bought and paid for by the military industrial accomplished, just like Mike Pompeo and the lady I can't think of her name, No, the the girl, it was the ambassador. And he already he already excluded those two from his cabbinet because they're like undercover. But miss McConnell is trying to slide one of those people into the head of the Senate because the Senate, whoever is the head of the Senate, determines what legislation comes on the floor, so and so if if they're bought and paid for by the military complex, they use that leverage to force Trump to do stuff. He was telling that Miss McConnell threatened Donald Trump to not to go through with the impeachment if he if he pardoned Julius Assange, Trump wanted to part in him and like and McConnell basically forced him not to. And that's what he's got to perceive now. And so I hope that that.
Speaker 9: That they see that and they prevent those two clowns from froun of the Senate and get Scott in there because he's actually on board.
Speaker 10: But his points was.
Speaker 9: There's still a big cabal of Republican rhinos who are bought and paid for by corporations and especially the deep staters and the military industrial complex.
Speaker 5: And that they are not on board with Trump.
Speaker 9: They pretend to be and they go along for the ride, but they're they're just not with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, absolutely, And there's a lot of people out there, and you know, if you got and hey, if you're on Facebook, you got friends in other parts of the country, you got friends in other states, you got family relatives and stuff. It'd be a good time to get in touch with them and have them call their congressman or senator. And you know, when you call Washington, and I'll dig out the phone nubers because I got them somewhere. But when you call Washington. You can call the main number and it's the Senate. Those people are extremely friendly. You're not going to be on somebody's watch list, You're not going to be on somebody's you know, target, They're not gonna be a target on your back. All you do is you call that number and you tell them who you're senator is and who you want to leave a message for, and they are extremely helpful. I've called them several times. And the thing is is that when you call a congressman or a senator, the people that take the time to do that, or if you email them, they will get those first. Don't send them a letter because after nine to eleven, when letters are sent, they go to a holding facility and they got to check them to make sure that there's no toxic substances or any what is it saren or whatever that stuff was that they put on these letters to try to poison people. So they have to do that and it takes about two to three weeks for that letter to get to your congressman or senator. So emails are very effective in solar phone calls, they get back from launch or they start their day with a stack of messages from their constituents. And it only takes about fifteen to twenty of these for people to hear from their constituents, and that puts on the alarm bells with them and they generally sit up and take notice. So again, I would encourage everybody ready to do that. And uh, we don't want Mitch McConnell pulling a fast one here, right here, right now. Bete, thank you so much. I certainly appreciate the phone call. You have a great day coming up. We've got uh, let me see who we got a hold a home. We've got Dick. We've got Dick from Dayton. We'll talk to him coming up. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR S the Talk Station.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 5: Five point thirty one in the morning. Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR the Talk Station. Yes, don't bring me down. We're not going to bring you down today. We're gonna be uplifting because we have a new Well here's here's five words that ought to put a big smile on your face today. President Elect Donald John Trump to me, I got to tell you I've it's been very tough for anybody to wipe a smile off my face since one forty one in the morning on Wednesday morning. And I've got a little story about that later on that we'll get to. But let's go to the phones and talk to Dick from Dayton. Dick, how the heck are you, my friend?
Speaker 12: All right? How are you?
Speaker 5: I am happy, happy, happy, yeah, extremely happy. As far as what transpired.
Speaker 12: All election day dream, I loved it. I loved every bed.
Speaker 13: At of it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely incredible, absolutely incredible, was great.
Speaker 12: It was great. I'm telling you, I'd think America is going to be back to.
Speaker 5: Normal now, you know, let's hope.
Speaker 12: So yeah, Oh, I wanted to salute my dad's family from up north. They were from Lorraine County that all served the country. My uncle Tony, my dad, my cousin Gil, my uncle Charlie, and dad was in the Navy. Uncle Chuck was in Okinawa, Gil was in the Air Force, Gary was in the Army, and you know, the family. I all love him because you know, as you probably know, I followed the tradition of music, you know, uh, playing music, and well you know, started the band Joe. Now I'm just since I retired, just having a lot of fun playing everywhere, you know, and that's a good thing. And I'm going to school taking some political science courses at Sinclair College.
Speaker 5: Oh great, how's that going? You like it?
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 12: Good, good good. Another thing I wanted to ask, you think the Bengals will win a couple bore games where Joe Burrow's been looking pretty good, hadn't he.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been looking really good. I just wish the defense and some of the other players would kind of step up to the plate. But you know, I didn't watch the game the other day. I forget what was I know, I was watching a lot of coverage just far as what was going on and kind of doing a victory lap as far as the news was concerned and so on, and so I didn't watch the game. But seeing the score and how it came down to the end there and they went for two instead of going for one, I applaud that decision because it appears as though the season is pretty much on the line, and so it shows a little bit of intestinal fortitude, if you will, on the part of the coach, which we haven't seen much of so far. But yeah, I mean the Bengals. I, you know, it's sad to see that they're they're they're wasting talent like Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase and some of these other people that are on the team that should be super Bowl content, should be on a super Bowl contending team, but are not surrounded by enough talent to get them there. So, yeah, it's interesting this.
Speaker 10: Morning, Dick.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. I certainly do. And you take care of yourself and enjoy what you're doing, okay, which sounds like you are coming up. We'll get into some other mischief here. Our phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station if you're.
Speaker 7: A business owner.
Speaker 14: The holiday, five thirty.
Speaker 5: Nine in the morning, Tell a song out to all my frenemies out there. I know a lot of you tune in that are liberals and probably don't like my opinion and this sort of stuff. It's but this is from Joan Jet. The song is I hate myself for loving you. So this is to all my friendemies out there. Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Bobby, Bobby fifty five k see. Thank you so much for calling in appreciate it. How are you this.
Speaker 15: Morning, my brother.
Speaker 16: It's a beautiful day. It certainly is. Okay, I'm so happy these progressive is a big kicked.
Speaker 2: To the curb.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely, absolutely yeah. I just it was. I you know, I'm gonna be talking about this a little bit later on, but kind of give you a little bit of preview unless you got if you want to say something or whatever, because I can go on to a little diatribe here if you will.
Speaker 16: You go right here, Bob brother, good to hear you.
Speaker 5: I tell you. I go back to nineteen sixty four, when I was eleven years old. The first election returns that I watch. I watched with my mom during the gold Water year and we sat there watching the elect Course it was a short night because he got trouns. And every year, every presidential year since then, I have stayed up as late as I possibly could to watch all the results coming in. Whether I was going to school with a high school, college, professional career working, I would be sleep you know, being sleep deprived. I'd you know, do it. I'd you know, watch the election results as long as I could. Now some of them, you know, drifted on over into a couple of days and weeks. You remember the two thousand election with the Al Gore type of thing down there in Florida. But it's been kind of a tradition with me where I stay awake. And you know, I was excited in seventy two when I was able to vote for the first time with Richard Nixon running for office. And then I was even really excited about voting for Ronald Reagan and when he came in. I was excited about George W. Bush when he came in. I was over the moon excited when and of course I was disappointed with what Bush and Cheney wound up doing. But then in twenty twenty sixteen, I was extremely happy with the Trump But I'll tell you what, last Tuesday night, this well pun intended here trumped them all. I mean this, to me was one of the most exciting elections, one of the most encouraging and uplifting that I have ever seen in my life. And it is a testament to this man, his courage, his intestinal fortitude, and all he went through to get reelected. And for these liberals and these Democrats to say that, you know, he's not for the people, he's doing it only for himself. Are you freaking serious with all he's put through. They tried to impeach. They impeached him twice. They tried to throw him in jail, They tried to bankrupt him, they tried to keep him off the ballot in certain states, and they tried to kill him. And he still kept fighting and won the ultimate prize. And I you know, if he's if he's got an ego that big, that he's doing it just for himself, he needs to be committed, because nobody would go through that, anybody in their right mind.
Speaker 16: He's the tip of the spear of my brother. I've had so many people mentioned to me, oh, I'm so glad this election's over. That shows how naive they are. These progressive democratic Marxist individuals will not relinquish power.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 16: Then I tell everybody this, it's the beginning of the end, and it's the end of the beginning. Yeah, we got a whole future ahead of us.
Speaker 2: Donald J.
Speaker 16: Trump is the tip of the spear. He'll be gone eventually. You know, Biden's going to be gone. You know, old girl is going to be gone. The movement is going to go strong. And that's exactly where it's going to go.
Speaker 5: And when out of and when he looks in the camera and he says, the only reason they're coming after they're not coming after me, They're coming after you. I'm just in the way. That is no truer words have ever been spoken, Bobby. Thank you so much.
Speaker 16: Oh go ahead, I just wanted to tell you congrat though it won't take a second here, my friend, I just want to congratulate you on the election and thank you with my whole heart. You carry that torture freedom. I'm right every day, my brother.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. I appreciate the kind words. Uh okay when we had somebody to drop off some news on the line. But thank you very much for that phone call, Bobby. I certainly appreciate it. It just, you know, when you when you look at all he went through and what was going on during that election cycle and all the stuff that was talked about, it was just incredible. I'll tell you what, let me, I'm going to go to a Sean. Should I take this phone call or should I? Okay, let's go right to the phone call here. Let's talk to Tom Tom fifty five. Care see you're on their Thanks so much for calling.
Speaker 18: Hey, good morning, Kevin, Good morning. Yeah, I'm I'm feeling fairly fairly decent about last week's selection. But I am in no means in the mood despite the football, because as you probably have already pointed out, and you know, there is still a lot of idiots out there that can can do it, and we've been listening to it since the election was over, and all the excuses and then you know, even the craziness of hey Joe should step down so Kamala could be the first woman president and all this other garbage. So anybody out there just thinking, hey we can we can kick back and we got a nice decisive victory.
Speaker 19: No, there is no kicking back there.
Speaker 4: It is it is.
Speaker 18: It is game on. If nothing else, they're going to come at us even harder than they ever did. Oh with all of their crazy.
Speaker 5: Why absolutely absolutely yeah. And I want to say one thing here right off the bat, if I if I were in charge of Facebook, or if I were all like we've seen with Elon Musk with Twitter or X. The fact that all the opinions unless you know you're threatening somebody, you're threatening bodily harm, or you're you know, threatening to blow someplace up, like oh Madonna did back in twenty sixteen, yeah that doesn't count. But all voices. In fact, I always encouraged, you know, when people say, well, why do you let this guy on the air, or why do you talk to these people? I want to know what the left is. I want to know what the opposition is thinking. I want to know. And if I have the opportunity to broadcast that over the air here and point out the lunacy from some of these people, I am more than willing to do it, because you know, people kind of get consumed and they get kind of in their own echo chamber where they hear themselves and their friends talk and they don't realize how crazy. Because you know, we were content thinking that our teachers were being okay until we learned during COVID what the hell they've been indoctrinating our children with. We thought that the medical establishment had our best interest at heart until we saw what doctor Fauci did to us. We thought that our Food and Drug Administration was looking out after our food. But the next time you have some time and you want to spend a couple hours in the grocery store, look at the back of these the ingredients on things, and look for the artificial colors. Look for these dyes, look for you know, red dye this, red dye this, and look at how our processed food and and how bad it is. It's you know, we've trusted these institutions, and you know, Lincoln said, you hire the government to do for you collectively or what you can't do individually. And we've done that and we have been lied to and disappointed forever. And it's time to turn this ship around.
Speaker 18: Well, one of the things that contributed to that was our laziness and are just feeling content. You know some of us, you know, all of them, a lot of these people, a lot of us. We have we have lives, we have things to do, but I don't have time to pay attention to that. Well, you better pay attention exactly exactly, pay attention and stop being lazy and make sure you continue to talk to people and share all the stuff that you know, and don't let anybody just shut you down. I don't mean if we don't need to be rude or mean about it. We just need like we were been doing for the last few years. Hey, you know what they're saying. Look at what they're trying to do to us, Look at how they're trying to do this, and point it all out like you said, and make sure you tell everybody don't vote Democrat.
Speaker 5: Hey you too, Tom, Take care And oh, by the way, it's Kevin. It's okay. I've been called worst things. Coming up, I got a couple of thoughts that I want to add here before we get to the top of the are I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR. See the talk.
Speaker 7: Station, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Booster your festivities this season with a half.
Speaker 5: Five fifty two coming up on five actually five fifty three in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR, see the talk station. I'm talking about a couple of things here before we get to the top of the hour. By the way, phone numbers five one, three, seven nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five or pound five point fifty on that AT and T wireless phone, you know, finishing up a previous phone call, and I was Tom, and uh, you know, we need to be bold, we need to speak out. And I'll tell you why because, as you may know, I've talked a couple of times where I live in a condo, and uh, in our side of the building, we have six condos. Of course, obviously I live in one. Other people live in five five of them. And two of the people in that building or on our side of the building are Democrats and very very very liberal Democrats. Okay, Now I make sure because I do a lot of work from home and uh so on. But I do know that my neighbors go out, and you know, my one neighbor goes to work around nine o'clock in the morning, and so on snowy days, I make sure that I shovel our sidewalk off to make sure and put the salt down because she is a bit handicapped and if they're not very steady on her feet, and I do a little pathway from the one side of the driveway all the way over to the other clean her car off and make sure that you know that the pathway is safe. Okay. I have another neighbor who lives across the hall from me, and she knows my political affiliations and so on. I'm not shy about it. But two cases in point, during the weekend before the election, my one neighbor, who I clean her car off, says to me. I walks by and says, I certainly hope you're not too disappointed when it comes on Tuesday, And I'm thinking, why any hell would you do that? Right now? Why would you go out of your way to kind of poke me or needle me because you think your candidate is going to in and you want to rub it in my face. I don't have time to get to the other story, but it basically boils down to where I was. Well, anyway, they are bold, they will get in your face. They will tell you where they stand, and do not be shy. Give it back to them, politely, definitively, and sternly, because we cannot sit by idly and take this crap anymore. Phone numbers top of the hour five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest news and trending news events from around the world. At the top end and bottom of the al this is fifty five krs the top seas. Welcome your family guests into a fresh hum It's the stock they are pushing. People are talking about violent.
Speaker 15: Rhetoric against us, but if we dare to fight back, we are the violent one.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRS The Talk Station.
Speaker 3: And now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KOs the Talk Station.
Speaker 5: Five minutes after six o'clock. And as you can tell, this is not Brian Thomas. Brian has the day off. As I posted on Facebook, this is kind of unofficial. I'm not sure that he wants me to tell everybody this, but Brian and I are switching roles today because since the beginning of the Hallmark Christmas Movies series and stuff, I have been binge watching Hallmark Christmas movies and in between election coverage and doing my show on america'struck A Network, and so on. So Brian decided on this day to take the day off so that he could get caught up with all the Hallmark movies, so that he could get into the holiday spirits. So anyway, talking about the show guests, if you went to my Facebook page, you'll see that we've got a line up today. Starting at seven oh five, we're gonna be talking to Ken Blackwell, former Mayor of Cincinnati, Xavier alumnus. I might add a fellow senior Fellow, Family Empowerment and Family Research Council, and so on, and we're gonna be talking about presidential politics, presidential election and Ohio politics. Seven twenty, we're gonna be talking to Christopher Smitherman during the smither event, and at eight o five we'll be talking Doing the Money Monday with Brian James. Now, today also is Veterans Day, and I want to give a shout out to all of our veterans who are out there. And I want to call attention to everybody out there. If you see a veteran today, if you know of a veteran, do us a little service, give them a call, thank them for their service to our country, find out how they're doing, and so on. If you see a veteran out, make sure you thank them for their service to the country, and that definitely always puts a smile on their face. Now the meaning of Veterans Day it was, and now this is celebrated and not celebrated, but honored on the eleventh month, the eleventh day, the eleventh hour. And I would encourage everybody at eleven o'clock am this morning, take about thirty seconds do a moment of silence for all of our veterans and recognize their accomplishments and what they have done for this free country that we live. In ceremony, there is a ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery. Ceremony Commemories precise commences precisely at eleven am with a wreath laying at the tomb of the Unknowns. I think Biden and Kamala Harris are going to be there, and continues inside the Memorial Amphitheater with a parade of colors by veterans, organization, remarks by dignitaries, and of course there are different ceremonies going on around our areas, so if you might want to take a moment to check some of those out, Veterans Day, originally called Armistice Day, began on an occasion to reflect on the heroism those who died in our country service. It falls on November eleventh, the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice the end of World War One. In nineteen fifty four, the name of the holiday was changed from change from Armistice Day to Veterans Day in order to recognize veterans of all wars. We celebrate in honor Americans veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good. A Veterans Day is a time for us to pay our respects for those who have served. For one day we stand united in respect for you. As I would say, not only one day, but every day. A Veterans Day is a time to honor and thank all those who served, and so on again. You can pull up some things online to find out what's going on. Today is a federal holiday, bank holiday, and in most states a state holiday. Means federal employees, including military members, are typically given the day off, and the most states state workers are as well. So you might want to check if you've got any banking to do, make sure that they're open, and I just want to thank every one of the veterans out there. I know there's a lot to listen to this program, and I cannot thank you enough for your service to this country. I want to talk a little bit about election day. I had mentioned in the previous hour. By the way, phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. The first time I ever stayed awake for election results was in nineteen sixty four. My mother was a always conservative, always let her political leanings be known at the dinner table and so on, so we knew our my parents were stus. But it was interesting that mom my mom actually for the first time had some campaign literature and went door to door on behalf of Barry Goldwater. Now, in terms of that, I've read some of the literature. I read some of the stuff about him and say, hey, you know, I agree with this guy has to say in his policies of low taxation, less government, less deficits and so on. If we enter into a war, we should make sure that we win. We shouldn't just go in just for the sake of going in, like we had been doing in Korea and so on. And so that was his stance, and of course the media painted him as an extremist. Does that sound familiar to you? And so I stayed awake to listen to the you know, because my mom was going to stay up and watch the election results. Of course, that night didn't go too long because he got absolutely trounced in a landslide victory. First election I could vote for was in well, going back to that Goldwater election, my first political debate actually was when I was eleven years old, about a month before the election. I was at a lunch counter in my city and it was I think it was on a Saturday, and I was over there having my favorite, my hamburger, hamburger and fries, and I was sitting there and a group of adults were talking about the upcoming election and started talking about how great Johnson was, and I, you know, I just you know, piped up. I said, have you looked at Goldwater's record? Have you looked at what he stood for? And all this? And they turned and kind of looked at me like, what the hell, who the hell are you? And so I actually got into a debate with them about how I thought a gold Goldwater presidency would be better than Johnson. And the people that ran the lunch counter were kind of piping in too, and they were kind of looking at me, kind of weird and stuff like that. So but fast forward about seven years later, we were at church, my mom and I. We were going to come leaving church on a Sunday, and they came across the church and actually came up to and wanted to talk to my mom and said, you know, I remember him when he was young, and he was debating us at the lunch counter, and I can't believe how right he was, and I wish we had listened to him. And so, you know, I had that election experience, and then every election thereafter I'd stay up as late as I could, sleep deprived and so on, I would listen to all the results. And of course there are certain times when those election results didn't come in by the morning, so I just got cleaned up, either went to school, went to you know, high school, college, and then on to work. There's something along those lines. And so I was. You know, I always knew that I was going to be sleep deprived that one day, just because of the fascination with the election returns, and so of course, you know in twenty in two thousand, the election results went on for days, so I did get some sleep there. But going back to I was excited in seventy two when I voted for Litt Nixon for the first time. I was excited in eight nineteen eighty the Reagan Revolution and what that brought. I was excited in two thousand when I thought Dick Cheney and George W. Bush were going to be very conservative and do certain things and change the course of this country, which I think was in looking back, was kind of somewhat of a disappointment, a major disappointment, and looking at how they've turned out since and the stuff that they have been saying really bothers me even further. I was very excited in twenty sixteen. I was very happy with the way those election results came out, and of course disappointed in twenty twenty. But I'll tell you of all the elections that I have been pushing for, all the elections that I have sat by and watch Tuesday night last Tuesday night was one of the best ever. I cannot I mean watching those election returns were I was sitting there with my wife. She was saying, I don't know if I can you know, because she was, you know, there was all this lot run up to the election of all these posters were changing at the last second, saying, you know that it looks like Kamala Harris is going to win. And she says, I don't know if I can sit here and watch this. I don't know if I can tolerate this. And so she sat down and we started looking at some of the election results. And of course, when they started putting up the initial election results in a state like Pennsylvania or whatever, you know, it starts off with one percent of the voter is in and all of those are mostly absentee ballots, which are mostly Democrats coming voting. And so the election results were sixty percent for Kamala Harris and twenty percent or thereabouts or thirty percent for a Trump. And she was going, oh my god, she goes is this and I said no, no, no, I said, just look at the thing and so on. And there were a couple of times during the night and I know on Fox News, they had this analysis where they said, well, here's the lineup, here's how these states are going to go. We pretty much know these states are going to go to Harris, and we know these states are going to go to a Trump. And they had the seven swing states and they started doing a combination, well, you know, Kamala Harris, if she wins this and this, and it's kind of leaning that way, she will become president. Now, on the other hand, there's some analysis and the Fox opinion poll and stuff that came out that day in terms of preference, what people were interested in, the economy, the border, and all these sort of things, and how that was trending. So they were starting to move some of the states into Trump's column, and by the time they were done, they were saying, he's got a very good chance of pulling off all these swing states, but he could lose a couple of them. They put them back and forth, and so as we're watching this develop I was watching these swing states. When the results for New Jersey came in, I was kind of disappointed because I thought he had a real shot of New Jersey when that didn't happen, And of course Virginia came in and that didn't happen. I thought he had a good shot there with Governor Younkin and so on. And then all of a sudden, some of the other states started falling in place and whatever. And then we started seeing Florida big time, and then Georgia and so on, and got a little bit more comfortable with it. By one forty one in the morning Wednesday morning, the election was called by Fox News, and so we watched Donald Trump give his acceptance speech and so on, and talk about it up there with his family and so on. And then about three o'clock my wife went to bed. She said, wow, this is great. I've got to get some sleep though, and so I, you know, make sure that she was okay, and I actually tucked her in and so on. But I went back out in the living room. I said, you know, I've just got to flip on CNN and I've got to flip on MSNBC just to see what they're talking about. Talk about that coming up. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five K.
Speaker 3: The Talk Station, fifty five the Talk Station, the Great American Here for my buddies that coordated financial planning.
Speaker 5: Are you thinking about retirement? Do you worry? Six? Twice in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five K see the talk station five phone numbers five seven, nine, fifty five eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five fifty AT and T wireless phone.
Speaker 4: Ken.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get to you very shortly here. I hope you beg my. I want to beg your indulgence here. I want to kind of finish up this story. So anyway, I was my wife went to bed. At three o'clock, I went out and watched CNN. I was especially turned on MSNBC. Jensaki was the host of the show and had a panel of guests and so on, And it was interesting that she started talking about immediately when I flipped over. She was talking about Trump's speech and so on, and that how there were members up, there were people on that stage that had nothing to do with the campaign, and it was amazing that some of these people were there. And she decided Avanka Trump, who was there, she didn't have anything to do and she distanced herself from this campaign. Hey, hey, Jen, that's his daughter. Okay, of course she's going to be there. Are you that dumb? Now, as far as the election results itself, see I'm sorry MSNB and CNN. One forty one is when is when Fox News covered that were called the race. It wasn't until five forty five that MSNBC called that race finally, And up until the very last second, this guy was up on the board and he was going, well, you know, there's one hundred and twenty thousand votes down here, and I think Kamala will get about ninety of those. Trump's lead currently is one hundred and sixty thousand. And then we got about ten thousand over here, and we got and she goes, ah, wait a minute, wait a minute. When we got this called and all this sort of stuff, and it was like the balloon of the air went out of their balloon, and she began to go into this diatribe. I don't know if you've seen it. At this point, she goes, we have elected a person refused to concede inside of a violent insurrection campaign while facing criminal indictments to and for overturning the two thousand election results, ran as a convicted felon and just on on down the road. And it's like you know there is going to be no compromise with these people. It is going to be bit to the bitter end. They're gonna fight. They're gonna fight, They're gonna fight, and they're gonna do everything they can to be an impediment to this president. And then, of course I did my you know, I stayed up until then, and so then I got about a couple of hours of sleep. I went to sleep about seven o'clock and made sure I set the alarm to get up at eleven o'clock so I could watch the view. Actually, I stayed awake. I didn't go to bed till seven because I had to watch Morning Joe. Is that fun to watch? And then of course I had to watch the view, and so at eleven o'clock and to see the meltdown, to see what was going on there. It was worth the price of admission, let me tell you it just it did nothing but to make my night even better. And it was an amazing night and I really enjoyed it. So let's get to the phones real quick. Let's talk to Ken. Ken fifty five k R. See you're on the air. Thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 17: All right, Kelyn, thanks a lot and I want, first of all, I want to thank all the veterans out there and thank them for our service, for their service, and also to the youngest one I know, and that is the son of Christopher Smith, and he serves our country.
Speaker 5: So definitely, isn't he.
Speaker 20: No, he finished, he did, I'm not miss well, I will ask so definitely and always great hearing you and.
Speaker 5: Always great hear in your voice. I want to tell you I'm very happy you called, sir.
Speaker 20: And the thing is with the election results. You know, the Democrats are always talking about, uh, you know, we need to save our democracy, and but now they're just being very obstructive. And you know, we we had a democratic election. You know, people overwhelmingly voted for Trumpet, and they should just you know, accept the results.
Speaker 2: And move on.
Speaker 20: But I really we call the twenty sixteen protests of the women with the hats in the streets and falling out and yelling and screaming, so I probably wouldn't be surprised if they're trunk going to try to get that stuff kind of ramp back up. But the thing that really disturbed me the most I heard the governor of Illinois and he was saying Hey, Trump, if you come after my people, you're coming after me. I'm like, where is all that coming from. So I'm just putting a call out there. You know, they need you know, it just needs to stop. We're one nation and one nation under God, and we should be indivisible. And so I'm just putting a call out there, and I just want to thank everyone out there. And I do honestly believe in a spiritual solution to our material problem. And second Chronicles seven fourteen says if we do what God wants us to do, he will heal our land. And I just want to pass on love and healing to everyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, God bless and I want to finish with also this thought is that if nothing else, I mean, one of the things that was proven by this, and I just amazed that we finally found out. I mean, I've known this for a number of years and I've called it out. We see that. Oh and I'm going to start calling her oprah win Fee because she got a million dollars for endorsing Kamala Harris and all the money that was sent out to pay these entertainers to endorse and to do a song or two of these concerts which I find horrendous. And the fact that they raised over a billion dollars for this election campaign and they are twenty million dollars in debt. And as I said, Oprah win Fee has been proven to be a fraud, and so has Barack Obama when he started going after the Brothers as he called them, and started talking talking the whole line that you know, if you know, you ain't black, and all that sort of stuff, and then he got on the stage and started all the conspiracy hoaks that have all been disproven. When he repeated those in front of the audience in the final day of the election, he proved himself to be a liar and a fraud that we all all knew that he was. Ken Thanks so much for the phone call. I see that dropped off, But coming up, we'll be talking to Gary. Coming up, but we've got to take a quick break here five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five one eight hundred day two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC DE talk Station.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC dot Com turn out your radio. Here's the Sean Hannity Morning Minutes.
Speaker 21: Legacy media is dead. I said in two thousand and seven, journalism is dead. Legacy media is dead. It is done, it is gone, it is buried, it is over. And these late night comics basically, you know, just start counting the days. If they're going to be off the air, it's going to be because nobody watts is them, because they're not funny. If the view has ever taken off the air, it's because the show sucks. Legacy media people, their influence is gone. This landslide victory on Tuesday, where he wins the popular vote, and I did ask many of you in blue states please go out and vote, even though your state likely isn't gonna go blue.
Speaker 5: A lot of you listen.
Speaker 21: I'm glad you did, because that led to mandate election in this country.
Speaker 22: Check out the Sean Hannity radio show later today right here.
Speaker 21: Hey, if you served our country or communities, there are massive benefits waiting for you. That's right, current and former military, law enforcement, first responders, teachers. You qualify for a free membership at gov x. That's goovx. They are the largest online marketplace exclusively for those people that serve right now. You'll save up to forty percent off the most desirable brands ray Ban, Oakley, Yetti, Stanley, north Face. Save up to forty percent off cruises, hotels, theme parks, concerts, even sporting events. If you want to save, you need gov x and you join nine million other members who are saving millions of dollars on their favorite brands every month. Go to govx dot com use the promo code Sean s e a N. You'll get an additional fifteen bucks off your first purchase. The sign up is absolutely free, no membership fee. Go to gov x dot com promo code Shawn s e a N gov X Savings for those who serve.
Speaker 5: Six thirty one in the morning, eight Kevin Mordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr se DE talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two, three eight two five five and pound five point fifty on that AT and T wireless phone had a little point of order to day for those of you that may be sending out Veterans Day greetings to folks and so on. Make sure that you don't do with some of our people in the spoon feder regurgitators in the mainstream media do when they put out these notifications. It is Veterans plural day, not veterans apostrophe s. Veterans Day, not possessive. It is Veterans plural day. So just you know, a little point of order there, because I, you know, it's what I do. Going to the phones, let's talk to Gary, Gary fifty five k see, thank you so much for calling. I appreciate it.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Kevin. I've got an interesting map for you that's going around on TikTok. It shows Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, New York, West Virginia, Maryland, and all the West coast California, Oregon, and Washington, as well as Illinois. They all have something in common. Besides, they were all voted bloom for Kamala Harris. All these states either have no voter ID required or no photo ID required. Interesting, You've got to go to X and pull this up. Every single one of them flipped for every single state that does not require photo ID or an ID to vote, all went blue. Yeah, every single one.
Speaker 5: I am. I you know, I support and love our constitution, and according to the Constitution, the states determine and decide how their elections are going to be conducted. But quite honestly, I think there ought to be somewhat of an exception to that. I wonder if there could be a national law passed that says that there needs to be a voter ID in. You know, you can have as many electors, you know, election facilities, precincts, all that sort of stuff. The legislators can do all whatever they're supposed to do according to the Constitution, but I think insisting on a voter ID and the fact that somebody proves their citizenship in order to be elected is necessary. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this of getting this stuff in bits and pieces. But I know of an individual who isn't I guess you would call them a low propensity voter or a low turnout doesn't vote that very often, but is a registered voter and went to vote on Tuesday and was told that he had already voted and that they he said, well, I haven't voted. I didn't, you know, ask for any ballot or whatever. And part of the discussion that I got and I don't know. Again, this is what it was told, was that they told him that somebody has been voting for him in his name for the last nine years. And I wonder how many and more of those are out there. I mean, if in my little circle of the world that I can that I know of at least one person that has happened to I'm sure there's a lot of people out there. And that's one of the reasons that I stringently oppose this whole business of early voting. You know, maybe in the last couple now, in the state of Kentucky where I live, open voting for people that didn't have absentee or excuse that they were going to be out of the city or whatever, we weren't allowed to do any early voting until Thursday. So we did Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I think that's plenty of time. If you can't get off your butt and go to vote, you don't deserve to have your vote counted. I'm sorry, but this business of having these elections open for weeks on end, that kind of gives the other side, to a certain extent, or anybody a chance to say, well, these people haven't voted. These people haven't voted, maybe we should vote for them type of thing, and I just too much, too much. I'm sorry.
Speaker 13: Actually to be follow o'keith on Twitter. There's a thing called smurfing and they're finding out people who have donated to pack blue Yeah, like one hundred bullets in that they've been finding out that a lot of people have unknowingly in their name, donated hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is how the Democrat Party raids a billion dollars.
Speaker 5: Amazing a matter of three months, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 10: Height you guys have a nak you.
Speaker 5: Do the same. Thank you so much for the phone call five to one three phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in. By the way, Dennis, you will be up right right now shortly. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Are you paying two sex forty in the morning. Kevin Gorton in for Brian Thomas fitty five krs the talk station. Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Dennis. Dennis Fitch your five KR. See you're on the air. Thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 19: Hey, good morning, Kevin. Happy Veterans Day to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you same to you. Did you have the honor of serving? I did not.
Speaker 19: No, I did not, And I have some good friends and good neighbors who did. And I want to carry on my point about that that I'm the ones I know are all conservative, So I'm sure they're very happy about the most recent election. And I hope that this does a lot to encourage more people to sign up. You know, a foreign policy is a mess right now. And I knew people who were serving under Jimmy Carter, and I got to vote for Reagan and eighty and they did two and let's just say that morale went up. You know, if we saw after that, you know, asconder foreign policy, evil people in the military. And obviously Reagan did a great job, and Trump has long coattails. And I think the same thing's going to happen.
Speaker 5: There absolutely, and I think I think parents will be a little bit more encouraging of their children that decide to go into the military because I think they believed or will know that Donald Trump isn't going to send their kids off to war for no reason at all when we saw this military industrial complex and these endless wars that we had had, and of course with the woke military, I'm not sure a lot of people and that's why probably recruitment has been down. And I would think that that might turn up because there are an awful lot of people that I know that volunteered and that served, and they said it was one of the best things they the best decsion they ever made, turned their life around in certain instance, gave them a certain amount of discipline, and taught them some skills, and gave them the ability to use the GI Bill to pay for their college. And so yes, I think a lot of people and a lot of parents will be more willing to have their children and lists that will have that patriotic calling.
Speaker 19: Well, Kevin, if I could just segue to one more thing real fast. I've talked to you once before on the phone. I usually talk about education, immigration. I'll tie the two in very quickly here. I think that the Latino vote and the young people vote in the last election was very encouraging that this is going to be kind of like what we saw after Reagan's victory in nineteen eighty that more young people and the older Democrats figured out that the country was heading in the right direction. And you know, this is going to carry on. And I've known this for many decades. We're dealing with Latinos that they become increasingly conservative or Republican as they spend more time in this country. And the people that I know who were granted mnesty back in eighty six and eighty seven are conservative, okay. And on my street one of my Mexican neighbors has an American flag, you know, he has Mexican you know, decal on his car an American flag symbol as well. Ones I know are very patriotic. And we should be doing more in education to teach American history and dispel Democrat and myths. You and I talked once about the myth of the Southern strategy. Well, they'd like to say that Reagan created deficits by tax cuts, and that's not true. He also had it was military spending, which was hugely important then. And that if we can dispel the myth of the insurrection and some of the other things these people are promoting, and get them to simply stop hating Republicans, that some of these Democrats might become like the older Democrats who reflected and said, you know, like, hey, you know, this is a better way to go, because they're buying a lot of nonsense.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 19: It has to start in school, though, we have to just you can teach both sides. You can teach critical race theory as long as upset it with like, you know, this is a friends ideology coming from some sociology departments, but you know, mainstream sociology and political science says that, no, this has not been the basis of the history of the United States institutional discrimination exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that that has been sold to a lot of people and they actually believe that, which is sad. But Dennis, thanks so much for the phone call. I really appreciate it. Thanks so much for the kind words. Coming up, we'll have Mike coming up. But phone numbers, by the way, five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty on that AT and T wireless phone Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk.
Speaker 2: Station fifty five KRC the talk station. What if you could get the best?
Speaker 5: Next forty nine in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fits about Kerr see the talks station. Let's go to the phones and talk to Mike. Mike fitty five hare see you're on the air. Thanks so much for calling.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Kevin, and I want to wish all my fellow veterans a happy Veterans Day. I served in the US maybe Submarine Service, and I'm here to say I have the utmost confidence in our next Secretary of Defense and the Trump administration to use a submarine term will torpedo the current woke agenda that permeates across all branches of our military getting core values.
Speaker 5: And Mike, thank you so much for your service to the country. I certainly appreciate it. I wish I'd had the honor of serving, but I did not, and so I appreciate your business.
Speaker 1: It was indeed an honor and memories memories that all lands forever. I enlisted in the Submarine Service in nineteen seventy five, right out of Elder high school and I've served for twenty nine years, so between being the post Vietnam era and the Jimmy Carter administration, the market difference between nineteen eighty and nineteen eighty eight were off the chart. Recruitment re enlistments during the Reagan era was was hoping. I'm hoping is what we're going to see here coming up here in about three months, that when new people are put in.
Speaker 5: That would be that would be fantastic. I would love to see that happen. And of course, when you have an administration that proved in the previous four years when they were in that didn't involve in foreign wars and have kind of sent that. I've been seeing some very encouraging things. I mean, he's sent out a tweet or something and informed that, you know, those hostages that Hamas is holding better be back before I take office. He's already a shot across the bow of Putin that do not escalate this war. And I'm very encouraged by what I'm seeing there. I Mean, we saw how few missiles were fired during North by North Korea during the last few months in the last year of the Trump administration, versus the number that have been tested. Now it's it's you know, I think it. You know, it's going to be an interesting era in world tranquility, if you will, world peace, yes, sir, and what we were being experienced. I saw somebody online, a friend of mine who's in the commodities business and very into oil and gas. He talks about the peace dividend that we're going to be seeing, and I certainly hope, so good.
Speaker 1: Ope, And if I may, real quick, guys, I got a real short poem here that I think sums up what today is all about. It is the veteran, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the veteran, not the campus organizer that has given us freedom of speech. It is the veteran, not the politicians, that ensure our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And it is the veteran who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and who's cough and his drape with that flag. God bless America.
Speaker 5: Amen to that, Mikey, Thank you so much. That was a great poem. Appreciate it. Coming up. Well, we're getting in to the top of the hour. We're going to be talking to Ken Blackwell, but I don't think I'm late for a break here. I've been. I'm distracted here, I didn't pay attention. I haven't missed a break here, have I Okay, I'm good. Okay, So we can take this to the normal top of the hour. But this Veterans Day, I just want to make sure that everybody, you know, make sure that you honor a veteran take that time at eleven, eleven eleven or eleven o'clock this morning to take that thirty seconds or so and just kind of say a prayer or whatever, at least a moment of silence for our veterans out there, you know, Veterans Day, the eleventh month, the eleventh hour, the eleventh day, and so on. It is one of those things that is just again, as I said, I wish I hadn't had the honor of serving one of these days. I'll talk about that. I actually got a draft notice, but for some reason there was a postponed it for six months, and by that time they stopped taking people, so unfortunately I did not get called up. And so it was when I look back on that, to a certain extent, I wish I had gone and served. But anyway, but this election has been extremely gratifying to me and looking at all the stuff that has happened, you know, you have a situation where it's very few times where you have in the history of this country. There's only been one other time when somebody other than FDR but somebody that ran for office three times, and you have to go back one hundred years to Grover Cleveland, over one hundred years to get to that. But what is fascinating by this is that Donald Trump not only got the number I mean one in twenty sixteen, got twelve million more votes than he did in twenty twenty and got up to almost a million more seven hundred thousand votes I think or whatever, more than what he got in twenty twenty. That is unheard of. Barack Obama. I've got sixty nine million votes, and the second time he ran, he lost for I mean four million less people voted for him. So it is amazing to me that we have never seen a movement like this. We have never seen a politician like this, and we have never seen, as I said, a movement like this, And it's incredible and I'm very encouraged by what we can possibly see coming up. We've got Ken Blackwell at the top of the hour. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five krs the Talk station.
Speaker 2: Look what it happened.
Speaker 21: This is the greatest political comeback of all time.
Speaker 2: This has ever been two, three.
Speaker 15: Four times today fifty five krs the Talk station, this report.
Speaker 5: Five minutes after seven o'clock. I want to welcome the program right off the bat. Here a person I've been wanting to talk to for a number of years, and I am honored to be able to speak to him. Finally, Ken, I'm Blackwell, stand out three year letterman and lineman for my alma mater, Xavier, who was on the football team before I arrived there in seventy one, so we have that in common. He is former Mayor of Cincinnati, Senior Fellow of Family Empowerment, the Family Research Council, currently Vice President Executive Community the Council for National Policy, and as a member of the Council of Foret Relations. Thank you so much for being with us this morning. Can I certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Kevin.
Speaker 10: Good to hear your voice.
Speaker 5: Thank you, I appreciate it. Glad to talk to you. Like I said, I am gushing this morning being able to talk to you. You know, I can't help myself.
Speaker 10: One fall awful one.
Speaker 5: There you go. We won't launch into the fight song here together.
Speaker 10: All right, brother.
Speaker 2: So we had a little bit of an election in America.
Speaker 10: Kevin, it is morning, and it is morning in America. Absolutely, men do tremendous election in twenty twenty four. And let's just dive into some of the questions you may have about at least my observations of what happened and why those things happened.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, are you there? Yeah, Okay, go right ahead, as just buy it.
Speaker 10: Look. Look, one of the things after twenty twenty that I understood, just from a decade of being involved in not only national and state elections, but being involved in elections across the globe is that the left in national elections had a strategy of running campaigns to make sure that their votes fell within what I called the margin of litigation, and then the Democrats had a superior litigation strategy and they would pick off those closely contested elections. Uh. This time around, we in fact had a counter strategy, and that was to make the turnout and the margin of victory UH two too big to rig UH. And that was coupled with something that we've been working on UH for for at least four years, and that is to make sure that state by state, county back county, we made it easy to vote but hard to cheat. And when you begin to look at that, we we we think that election administration, transparency UH and a tremendous turnout efforts across the country gave Trump a victory from a From from a veteran standpoint, I started to see a substantial siege change in voter perception and state in the November election actually took place when a guy massacreading as a woman in the Olympics hit a woman so hard that she in fact said enough is enough. All of a sudden, you know, Americans across the country started to push back against the hard left transgender advocacy men and women's sports men and women's locker rooms, and all of a sudden, I saw the intensity of the of the get out the vote effort start to formulate. And so look, I think one, if you go back and take a look that Trump got about seven million, six hundred and fifty thousand votes this time around, which was about almost a half a million more votes than he got in twenty twenty, and his twenty twenty take was a miraculous twelve million more votes than he got in twenty sixteen. And so from the campaign standpoint, identifying their voters, talking to them and then tying them into the intensity of voter reaction to the radical lifts agenda gave him a substantial victory in twenty twenty four where he is right now at three hundred and twelve Electorial College votes, and that was the result of the most miraculous return I think in modern one.
Speaker 5: Of the absolutely best run campaigns ever. And yes, you are absolutely correct, Ken Blackwell, the miraculous fact that he was able to get as many vote since he did survive everything that he survived just to get to this point. And you made a very good point that you know, and it kind of was low. I thought it was lost on a lot of people, but as you mentioned it, that punch of that Olympic athlete by a man, it was a wake up call for a lot of people, and I think it kind of served up on a silver platter to everybody what we had been hearing, what we had been seeing, and what we had been hearing about, but it was there in front of us, as opposed to, oh, it's just a story somewhere back on page fifteen or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: And then and people were aware of the results of illegal aliens coming across our border in waste of millions. And as a consequence, what the radical left tried to get folks to believe was that there was no connection with these open borders and spiking crime in our cities and in our even in our suburban and rural areas as a consequence of illegal aliens flooding our country borders. And I'll tell you what happened again is that people started to say uh, particularly when it was in the waning uh moments of the campaign the federal government had to admit that they had short changed the spiking crime in our cities. Well, we didn't really need them to give us honest elections. People were I mean honest numbers. People were experiencing that in their in their in their homes, in their neighborhoods, in their cities.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 10: And as a consequence, that too, uh intensified the turnout. But I will give I will give a Trump campaign credit. They targeted they did a lot of targeted marketing. They actually understood where their voters were. He, in fact, through his personal leadership, inspired folks to turn out. I'll watch what happened in those devastated communities in North Carolina. People pushed through that devastation and had major, significant turnout to punch their ticket for Trump.
Speaker 5: Exactly the amount of intensity when you saw the crowds, the lines, the people that were just euphoric about getting to the polls and voting. And you know, it's amazing that the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media as I call them, because they are basically a propaganda arm and or spoon fed the information from the Democratic Party, and then they regurgitated to us the fact that they we're gaslighting us and trying to tell everybody that, you know, everything's fine, the economy is great, this type of thing. And yet people are sitting there and they're saying, well, wait a minute, my paycheck isn't as long as the month, and something's wrong, and prices are a lot higher, and I'm not you know, I'm not having as good a quality of life. And I think all those things coupled together the crime, as you mentioned the immigration was just incredible.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm kevin out, just tell you, and I don't want to close out without saying this, Ohio was the heart of it all. Again, Alex and his team at the state level the do check again, We in fact beat back the radical left attempt to change the way district lads are drawing. We were outspent six to one. We got it done. A Trump got what his margin to victory was eleven and that and he had Cotaales and they have Bernie Win that sentence seat. And I tell you know, Ohio level of organization is a model for other states across the nation.
Speaker 5: I know we got to let you go. We only have you till seven fifteen, But can we squeeze in one quick question about the replacement for jd Vance and what Dwine might do. I've been hearing a lot of rumors and so on. Do you have a.
Speaker 10: I don't want to put the kiss a diff on anybody?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, oh you diplomat, there you go, There we go. Ken, I know you got to go. I really appreciate this opportunity to talk to you, and I really want to contact you. I think if you don't mind. I can get your contact information from that. Yeah, and to have you on again. Thank you so much for all you've done and all you do and go Muskies, all right, take care. Thank you so much. Ken Blackwell, I'm telling you what you know. You have certain people that you really want to meet, and certain people that you've kind of brushed up against or been introduced to, and some people that you really want to interview on air. And up to this point today I hadn't been able to do that. I was so glad when they asked me to fill in and they said, oh, well, you got some guests, and when his name came up, I was just so I was over the top excited to talk to him. And I hope you have him on again and sometime soon. We're got to get to Chris Smitherman here coming up. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Seven in the morning. Welcome to the program. One of my new found friends, Christopher Smitherman. Welcome back to the program. Let's getting to be a routine with us on Monday mornings.
Speaker 4: Here. Hey, Kevin, I'm glad to be with you, and what a beautiful morning, I tell you.
Speaker 2: You know, this has been a this has been.
Speaker 4: The most interesting election cycle of my lifetime. Oh Iah, to tell you, and I have so many observations, many that you've made and others have made. But let me start off by saying.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry. Before before we get going, I want to mention your son is still currently serving.
Speaker 4: Correct he he he did four years? Okay, and yes he did, and then he just got out about oh he did go okay, and then and then rejoined the Air National Gold cool another three year commitment. So yes, make.
Speaker 5: Sure, on the part for me, wash him a happy veteran's day. On my part, I certainly appreciate his service.
Speaker 2: So I really do appreciate it.
Speaker 4: You you're saying that, Let me start off by saying, I've been watching you know, all different types of news, you know, mainstream media, and you know they're really having a miltdown over the over the weekend regarding the results. And what I what I really wanted to say, kind of in a nutshell, is it seems like they still don't understand what happened. They're still in denial and what I'll say about that is that this election was all about the economy. It was all about people surviving, trying to pay their rent, trying to pay food, trying to buy gas, trying to send their kids to school, whether that's high school or trying to send their kids to college. It was all pocketbook issues. And it just seemed like the Democratic Party, Kevin like they just totally missed it. And they were there talking about issues like abortion, or they were talking about issues like transgender people swimming and competing against against girls in sports, whatever the issue was. Now, these issues were important. They you know, might might have been in the top five, might have been in the top ten, but people were talking about the border, they were talking about the economy before any of those things. And so I think that's where they missed it. And when you look at the map, you know, it's very rare to see if presidential candidate do that well, meaning just for sure, just the entire map is read except about four or five states, and on top of it, when the popular vote and the electoral vote, and it looks like has wrong the Senate and most likely will win the House at two eighteen. So this is like a clean sweep. And what's interesting is when you listen to some of the mainstream media, Kevin, they're blame the voter, like they're blaming the public. I don't understand it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like you are your company and you sell a product that nobody wants, and you're blaming them because they're not smart enough to buy your product, rather than looking at it and saying, well, let me see, we've had this number of recalls, We've had this number of things failing, We've had a food item that doesn't taste good. But you know, it's the people's fault for not buying into our advertising. Christopher Smitherman and I, you know, I think the immigration and the whole economy we're you know, the top two items. And when you're talking about the stressing of abortion and you're talking about you know, I think the abortion issue, even what they were talking about was extreme, even for people that consider themselves pro choice. They were looking at the immigration policy and the open borders and the fact that you know, here's somebody that's saying, you know, whatever your problems are, whatever's going on, we're going to turn the page. We'll turn the page from what you've been there for four years and we're going to do something different. We're going to Well, you're the one that fixed it. Are you really serious about that, You're the one that's going to you broke it, You're the one that's going to be fixing it. It's just insanity.
Speaker 4: It was really, really unbelievable. And when you think about things like Lake and Riley, who was murdered in Georgia by someone who was in the country illegally, that totally changed the direction of Georgia. Georgia only went by twelve or thirteen thousand votes to President Biden four years ago. But if you're in Georgia and you're thinking, oh, the southern border doesn't have anything to do with me, but uh, oh, we have somebody who was in our country illegally coming to Georgia and killing one of a Georgian resident who was a nursing student minding her own business out Jawg on some random day and comes across this person who's a barbarian who kills her. It changes how Georgia thinks about the election. When the hurricanes happened right North Carolina, Georgia and Florida hit and you had the White House say we're going to give you seven hundred and fifty dollars, right, And people are saying, I just lost my entire house in a month fight. I lost my family, my parents, my wife, my dog, everything wiped out.
Speaker 5: And there are still five there are still five hundred people that haven't been found.
Speaker 4: Unbelievably.
Speaker 5: I've heard that over the weekend and I was shocked by that.
Speaker 4: But Kevin, these are the big things that the White House missed, meaning you had these opportunities to show that you were going to put America first. And what did they do. They sent I think it was one hundred and seventy million dollars to let right in the middle of this hurricane. They act as if the American people are stupid and were not. This was about the working middle class, meaning the everyday person getting up every day trying to feed their family. And I'm going to say this, and it didn't matter race. It wasn't about Latino or black or white or Asian. It was about the economy and how the economy was impacting the American family. And then those people who were here illegally, why they were being prioritized with resources the while Americans were suffering. It was such an easy message. But what happened is these guys are in such a bubble that they're talking about all of these other things that do not matter to Americans, and they lost this race.
Speaker 5: Big, bigly. Christopher smither and you know the drill here. We need to take a quick break and when we come back with pick up the conversation on this smother event. And did do you see the article that there was some FEMA agent that went around and told a supervisor that told people, if you see a Trump flag or a Trump sign, don't go there and offer assistance.
Speaker 4: We will talk about it.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable, absolutely, Christopher smither and my guest will pick this up on the other side of the break. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the.
Speaker 7: Talk station, fifty five KRC, seven thirty.
Speaker 5: One in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs in the talk station, continuing our conversation with Christopher Smitherman the smither event this morning. And well, we talked about this FEMA situation, but I want to ask a quick question if there were if the Democrats had gotten three hundred and twelve electoral votes one the popular vote won the Senate and increase the margin by four or five seats. Looks like they're going to take over and increase their a majority in the House. Wouldn't you think that the pundits out there would be saying to the Republicans folks, this is a mandate. Shut up and sit down.
Speaker 4: And whether they and whether they say it or not. Again, you know, people listening to me, I always like to give this disclaimer. I watch politics like people watch sports. I'm just giving it to you. I'm just giving it to you like it is. And so Kevin, Yes, this is a mandate. Whether they have their head in the sand like an Ostrich or not for the next two years, this is a mandate. And what I will say about FEMA is this is a smoking gun, meaning people had suspicion that these kinds of things were happening, and think about them doing it when Americans are at their worst. House has been devastated. And my political view is different than yours. But I'm going to allow you to suffer. I'm not going to help you. I'm not going to give you the raft to get to the to safety because of your political position. That is what is so horrific, and the and the lack of humanity criminal by what FEMA was doing here. Yes, absolutely, it's criminal. People have the right in this country to support whoever they want to support. That's what's missing many times on the Democratic side, no matter what your position is. I've been a registered independent for for decades, but whatever whatever your political persuasion is, you have the right to have and FEMA shouldn't say, well, your house was devastated, you have a a Trump side, therefore we're not wanted to help you. This is a very big deal and I would suspect that the Senate or the House or both are going to hold hearings on this. And I would suspect that the FEMA director, DHS, FBI, CIA, Education Director, i r S Director, all of them are going to be resigning here very very soon. I would suspect that the new administration is going to clean house and this is going to be one of those examples of most likely why they need to do it. Kevin, I want to say this about this election. What President elect has shown the Republican Party is if you do the outreach, if you show that you care, Americans will vote for you, no matter their race or jender. And so what is happening in our own county, meaning in Hamilton County, I mean.
Speaker 5: The People's Republic of Hamilton County.
Speaker 4: Saying I've been saying this, Kevin for a long time, and I hope they're listening. That I've shared this with with Alex Tramp and Felo. I've shared it with Chairman Tramp and Felo. I shared it with Chairman Mock. If you do the outreach, if you're sincere about it, if you go to the barbershops, the churches, the festivals, and you tell your story, you will be able to expand the map right because what the Democratic Party has done to most of these communities is get their votes and then walk away. So what I'll share with you, what I'll share with you, Kevin, is if this administration meets their commitments, meaning they go back to those barbershops, they go back to those communities, they really deal with the public policies, like like a former at the time now president elect, but he was former president then when he provided funding to historically black colleges and universities that made them permanent. If he delivers the public policy he follows it up, not with handouts, but real opportunities raising the economy where people feel like there's more money in their pocket, they can pay their rent, that they see their food prices going down, they see oil prices stabilized. Then they'll get another shot and they will expand the map. Yet again, I feel like the Democratic Party Kevin hasn't learned. They're still saying the same thing. They're basically saying anybody who voted for President Trump, and particularly if you're ethnic, meaning you are in a minority, that you are stupid. That message is being radiated out of the Democratic Party right now. And I would say, if this administration can capitalize on it and actually deliver the public policy, the map four years from now will expand to.
Speaker 5: Get absolutely And I've seen this in my home state of Kentucky and Mike County. There are certain pockets in a Newport in Bellevue and Dayton, Kentucky that are a very strong Democrat and just because somebody as a Republican can win the county or win certain areas because the population is bigger or whatever, I have stressed to them that they need to make an outreach to those communities and expand the tent and build up the Republican Party in all facets. And that's the missing link here as far as Hamilton County, because you've basically said we're writing it off. It's just not attainable. It is attainable. Your paycheck if it doesn't go as long as the month, you're having a problem. If you've got crime in the streets, it's a problem, and you know, fix that problem, Christopher. We need to take it. You know, we need to take quick break here and we come back and want to explore this a little bit more and continue our smither Vent. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. My guest, Christopher Smitherman. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR See the talk station.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Steve Perrin's coordinated Finance seven in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station. My guest Christopher Smitherman. Christopher, I was listening to your interview last week, or your smither Vent with Brian last week, and one of the things that that came out and I've been hearing more and more about this, because I've you know, I've been talking about for years now that when I look at what the Allegiance and the Democratic Party, the African Americans and Black Americans and so on to this, and you hit the nail on the head, this plantation mentality, the fact that if you go back to the history of the Democratic Party, the part of the Democratic Party is party of racism, a party of Jim Crow, Jim you know, KK Clay, the KKK, the whole nine yards, and the more and more this history of the Democratic Party, and I've got these deniers and so on that I'm trying to school and all this sort of stuff. You know, a couple of them may talk off air sometime or I'll get your phone number and we'll talk about this. But there's a couple of people that I've been talking to and it's amazing how it seems like they don't want to hear any of this stuff. And the fact that you mentioned the fact that you know, you know, blacks and any whether it's Latinos, whether it's whites, whether it's Irish, whether it's whoever. We're not monolithic. We all have the same kitchen table issues. We all have the love of our family. We want our kids to do better than us. We want them to get a good education, and we want them to live in a safe neighborhood. I don't think it's you know, it's much more difficult than that. But when you've got one party that's been promising this for fifty years and never delivered, it's about time to maybe say, hey, I've been lied to.
Speaker 4: No, I think that's true, and I think that in the campaign we're finding out, you know, personalities like Oprah Winfrey.
Speaker 10: J Low.
Speaker 5: I interrupt you here. I'm sorry, I'm calling her Oprah win Fee now because she was paid to her.
Speaker 4: A million dollars, yes, a million dollars to do that interview. But my point is all of these stars, all of these stars, Kevin could not deliver the election because it was about public policy, meaning people continue to ask the vice president about what your public policy positions were, and we were getting unclear answers. And so what this shows you is the electric is much smarter, much more tuned in than the demmer crabbing party thought they were. They thought that the media could lie about this, lie about this, whether hey, I got thirty five felonies, which was all a hoax down down in New York. The four hundred and fifty million dollars, let's try to take his property, let's the assassination attempt, and then the foiled assassination attempt during it. I mean, they thought that all of that kind of stuff going on wouldn't impact the election. It was just they thought that the media thought they could just say these these touched this is a KKK member, this is really Hitler, this is really a fascist. And so now this week on Wednesday, Biden has to sit down to a guy he said was a fascist and Hitler, and he's got to welcome him to the White House.
Speaker 10: Right, was playing us with he?
Speaker 5: What was he plan us? I mean, would Winston Churchill have invited Hitler to ten Downing Street at any point?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, so what they say or were they lying to us?
Speaker 4: They were lying to us the whole time, and we will continue to see that they were lying to us the whole time, and the public understands that. Here's what I want to say. We lost Militsa powers as a Hamilton County prosecutor here in Hamilton County. I want to commend her on a great election. Hamilton County has clearly turned blue, whether that was Sheriff Neil and some other very very important races. But now city council is all Democrat, all council members, the mayor Democrat, the county commissioners Democrat, the prosecutor Democrats. And so I look at Cincinnati and Hamilton County and say, probably not good for us to have one party running our entire region, in our entire county. And these are the kind of things we're going to have to think about public when we're voting that we're just not voting down one ticket, actually trying to identify who are the best candidates to run our county. And so I'm very concerned about that. I expressed that concern. So even though the state went a direction, the federal government went a different direction, went a different went a direction that Hamilton County here went all blue. And I'm just very concerned about that. And I think Melissa Powers was a great candidate. I thought that Orlando Sanza was a great candidate. You know, Happy Veterans Day, west Point graduate wife, west Point graduate. I just think we miss it sometimes when we're talking about our local politics, and I want to encourage anybody listening. Please, when these elections come up again, don't just vote party. We want diversity around our county. It's healthy for all of us, exactly just one. It's healthy.
Speaker 5: If your life and the people's Republic of Hamilton County doesn't improve, you only got one party to blame, folks, One final thing before I let you go. It made a comment about people whole their nose and voting for Donald Trump. Do you I don't think that was on a massive scale. I think it was some a small percentage, but I don't think that was a massive effort, do you.
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 4: I think that suburban white women in particular, who were concerned about uh, President Trump's rhetoric, which, by the way, at times I'm concerned about President Trump's rhetoric. I think he has to who would he has to pull it in and and be the president of the United States for all of us. But I think that they're voters that went in and I don't know what that percentage was. Was that said, listen, I'd got to vote my economic situation. You know, this guy is far from perfect. I didn't vote for him the last time, but I'm voting for it for him this time, and so that's what I described those voters. I heard so many voters, you know, say the Democratic Party left me. I didn't leave the dimactly. I heard that all over the election day. So the Democratic Party is going to have to regroup itself. They're gonna have to change what they're doing, and they're gonna have to face reality.
Speaker 8: Kevin, thank you so so much for I appreciate your time at votes.
Speaker 5: There you go say that again for everybody, vote at vote. Okay, he's gone at votes Smitherman. I think this is uh X account. Anyway, coming up, we got to the top of the hour and then we'll be talking Monday Mondays. But between now and then we can take your phone calls five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred day two three eight two five five pound, five fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk.
Speaker 7: Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Prescription products require completion seven fifty two in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR, see the talk station. Coming up to top the hour, we're gonna be talking with Doing Our Money Monday with Brian James. Yes, Brian James, I had that written down, but there it is right in front of me. You know, boy, I'll tell you. You know. The thing is when I come into the studio and if you look in here, I've got papers everywhere and trying to keep everything straight and organized and all this sorties of My wife will attest to the fact that I am a bit cluttery when it comes to certain things. But anyway, so we'll be talking to him at top the hour. Looking forward to talking to him. I don't think I've ever talked to him before on the air, so that'll be good. Probably, look at what we're seeing as far as the markets are concerned. I've seen a lot of things happening as far as the oil markets and some of the at least OPEC and some of the stuff that I'm looking at around the world. In terms of the world leaders, it's kind of like whatever we we're being told up to this point by the uh spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media, it's not coming true. And I think, well, I think I hope and pray that we take this opportunity and that the Republicans don't do what they normally do is, you know, fail to deliver. They have a unique opportunity here to really do some good. And you know, one of the things I'll say to anybody that's an elected official for once in a while, put the people first. Make sure that you do everything, and remember that when you go to work every day, you have earned the honor and the right to be in that position because somebody gave you something that is the most precious gift that they possibly give to you, and that is their vote. Do not trash that. Do not trash them. Listen to what the people tell you, and whether you want to hear it or not, at least hear it. And look at who puts you in that position in the first place. And as I said, put the people first. None of this, you know, party above politics, any of that sort of stuff. You are there for the will of the people. Coming up with our money. Monday, I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 23: There we go again.
Speaker 2: Hear about it.
Speaker 16: Understand the ignorant on the campuses talk about it.
Speaker 22: They're just getting away with all this rather.
Speaker 3: Than know in fact fifty five KRC and now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KOs the talk station.
Speaker 5: Four minutes after eight o'clock Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five care see the talk station. We are awaiting our guests at the top of the hour, Brian James for our money Monday, and we seek to connect with him. But in the meantime you have me. So one of the things that is being talked about is this whole business of what the economy is going to do and how the economy is going to perform under Donald Trump. And this was the rhetoric that was coming from the Democratic Party and of course the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. And one of the myths that was from actually an outright lie. They said that Goldman Sachs had actually reviewed her policy versus his policy, and that his policy would lead to more inflation than hers, and that it would cause money for the American public. Now, based on that analysis, it was only a couple tens of percentage points different. But what was happened, what happened later on, is that the CEO of Golden and Sachs came out. I don't know why it took him a couple of days, but it did take him about forty eight hours to come out and say this was one of our analysts. That he was not speaking on behalf of the corporation, and we don't agree with his analysis. Much like what we've heard from all these so called experts that that you know, Nobel Prize winners and so on. You know, that's all well and good, but look into their backgrounds and look where their political affiliations. The Nobel Prize anymore is not as significant or as great an achievement as it once was. It is more of a political opportunist going towards a particular agenda as opposed to giving that prize to people that have the right or that are actually doing good. I mean, let's let's not forget that Barack Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize before he even took office, before he took office, based on hope and change, and then what wound up happening is that he started wars. He so anyway, he prosecuted wars around the world, and so it wasn't very peaceful under his presidency. Hey, we've got in touch with Brian James here, Brian, welcome to the program. I think this is the first time you and I have had the opportunity to talk. So glad, welcome to the program, or welcome to my program, or me here whatever I'm trying to say.
Speaker 15: So whatever you're trying to say, apologies for the little hiccup there getting connected, but here we are, and I can hear you, you can hear me, so.
Speaker 5: Good, good, good good. So what are we saying as far as the financial markets and what are we seeing? And first of all, if there's any hot topics you want to talk about, but mostly I'm kind of concerned about the new administration effect on the economy. What you're thinking, what you're seeing, what you're expecting, and so on, and we'll take it from there.
Speaker 10: Sure.
Speaker 15: Well, you know, pretty quiet week for news. Not a heck of a lot going on out there, is there. No, No, that's obviously not true.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So the markets, as far as the markets go, yeah, the markets got pretty excited about the Trump administration coming in. And that's because with the Republicans being on the verge of controlling the presidency sent it in the House that that not all of that is in place yet, but it looks like there's a real solid chance that the Republicans could control all free components there. So Wall Street feels like the proposed economic policies are going to be aimed at reducing corporate regulations and taxes and hopefully accelerate economic momentum and and expand profits as well. Obviously, whenever we have a business friendly administration, the stock market prefers that. Now, as we said oftentimes on these airwaves, and that all worth financial. We have a report we send out to our clients every single time there's a major election to remind us everybody that ultimately the market does not care, period, end of story, what flavor we have in the White House. Yes, it goes up no matter what they are. They are the ultimate Green Party.
Speaker 5: And I don't mean that they're right, and I don't mean that from environmental standpoint.
Speaker 15: Yeah here, listening to you back walking that already.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, you know when you say green party, that has certain connotation to it. But I'm talking about investors. Are the Green Party for money purposes so.
Speaker 15: Exactly, and so are publicly traded corporations. They have a red playbook and they have a blue Playbook. They know what plays they want to run, they just need to know what environment they're in. So but regardless, what tends to happen historically is that we get a good run up in the first In the first it's kind of almost like a sugar high in the first year of a Republican presidency, because there does tend to be a bit of a you know, a tailwind from the standpoint of it's going to be easier to make profits because presumably less regulation and hope more focus on the ability to expand profits versus a focus on other different things that aren't quite so so profit friendly. But then in the last two or three years of Republican presidency it tends to back off a little bit historically speaking, and a lot of that has to do with the number one consumer of goods and services on the face of the earth is the US federal government itself. So if we're going to be spending less and doing less things as a government, that's not a bad thing, but it does tend to have a little bit of an impact. But again, regardless, the market doesn't care. We can be profitable in any environment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the market is interesting. Brian Brian James. Is the fact that the markets don't like uncertainty. If you tell a company what the regulations are going to be, if you tell them the environment that they're going to work in, they can deal with it. It's the uncertainty of will there be this regulation, will there be this regulation? Are they going to clamp down on this industry or pick and choose winners? As far as the economy is concerned, and as long as everything's on it, even as long as they know where they stand, people are you know the companies are going to do.
Speaker 15: Well, that's true, and it's just that it's just what is the environment? They have to know what the what the situation is. So now we know, of course we're going to be looking.
Speaker 5: At things like tariffs.
Speaker 15: Well, fortunately tariffs are no longer something that you studied in the fifth grade and have forgotten about ever since. Right now, now it all makes sense. Why why missus Teith over at Sainting Nacius on the West side explain that to me? I didn't get it back then in nineteen eighty five, but I sure as.
Speaker 2: Heck do now.
Speaker 15: But so let's look look, look a little bit of history. The last time we had this type of situation was of course the first chunk of the of the first Trump administration, where we had we did have a some tax cuts, We'll talk about that in a second, but also we had some the introduction of tariffs against a lot of the countries, including mostly China, who was the big target back then likely will be the big target this time around. But time you can see what happened in the market. So in twenty seventeen, which again that was that first year of the Trump administration, the first full year, the market was up about twenty percent. Twenty eighteen, the market was down about six and a quarter. And I remember this being very rattling to investors. I've been doing this about thirty years, so I've kind of I've gotten to see pretty much everything there is to see. It'll be good, bad, and different. But I remember that being very rattling to investors who thought, well, wait a minute, this is a business and friendly environment. What I thought, why isn't the stock market performing better? And we took a year to let the dust settle until companies can figure out what are we going to do? How are we going to deal with the fact that it's cost more to do business, and it took about a year for that to happen, and then by twenty nineteen we were up about twenty nine percent. So the pendulum is going to continue to swing, and nobody should be shocked by that. We've had a good bounce here in this past week if you're looking at four to oh one k and we'll see what happens next year. But if we're going to raise tariffs and make it more challenging for other companies to sell stuff to the United States, that means prices for US consumers are going to go up. So nobody should be shocked when the market does wabble a little bit here the short.
Speaker 5: Term, yeah, for sure. But I think one of the things that we'll see too is a little bit better. You know, when you look at the teriffs that are being charged on American goods going into some of these countries, that they figure that, okay, that if we're going to be if we're going to be issuing tariffs on them, you know, what goes around comes around, and we may get slapped without ourselves. But also you know, when you put America's on the even footing with the rest of the world in terms of the economy and competition and whatever. I mean, let's not forget the fact that when you're talking about China, you're talking about basically slave labor. So you're talking about the goods, the cost to manufacture those goods, at least from the labor standpoint, isn't cost as much as in the United States, and so that gives them an advantage as well. And of course they're able to give subsidies because they're mostly control you know, country owned companies over there. They're kind of a quasied capitalistic or they're getting a little bit more towards that, but for the most part it's still a communist country and so competing on the world level with that sometimes it is a little difficult.
Speaker 2: That's very true.
Speaker 15: And make no mistake about it, there's nothing about tariffs that is deflationary. Prices are not going to drop because we have tariffs. If anything, they're going to go up. And any business worth its salt is looking for the cheapest way to create the goods and services that it sells. And I would point to the Trump business empire itself. Remember those bibles and shoes and all that other stuff that there was the sort of promotional things you did during the election. But there's also there's furniture out there. There are suits and ties and all this stuff. A lot of that stuff is made overseas a matter of fact, I believe the suits are made here. Just about everything else now made in Mexico, Bangladesh, and China. So you know, Trump himself has taken advantage of the fact that it's cheaper to produce goods outside and import the men. Now, I think that something else to pay attention to if we raise tariffs on other country. Ultimately, at the end of the day, we're you and I are the consumers, right, We are the ones who will ultimately pay the prices. When you're a producer, you pass the cost on to the to the consumer. So I think it's also possible. What we could see is we would raise tariffs on other countries, and local companies here in the United States could say, wow, it's a lot more expensive for you know, for our customers to buy from our competition. If we raise our prices by fifty percent of what our competition just had to raise prices, then we can make more money and still be the cheapest option on the block. So it wouldn't shock me in the least if we saw a little bit of of opportunism happening in terms of increasing business that way.
Speaker 5: Okay, one of the things that you know, we keep you know, when you know people were talking about inflation, and one of the points that I made all along is the fact that you know, when you see inflation go up, you know when they talk about, well, the last month inflation went up three percent or on an annualized basis or whatever, and then it hit nine point one percent in June of twenty twenty two, and so on, those are all cumulative effects. That's why you have at the market, at the grocery store where you have items that were X and such back in twenty twenty and that are now twenty percent twenty five percent higher. That's why we have gasoline now that is forty percent more for a gallon of gas and fifty percent more for a gallon of diesel than what we had back in twenty twenty. But I think one of those things that will push a lot of that down is energy costs. And when you look at the energy costs with the drill baby drill thing, a Keystone XL pipeline, of drilling on federal lands and getting that energy cost down, you reduce those barrels of oil down to that fifty dollars range as opposed to seventy five eighty dollars a barrel. That's where you start seeing the cuts in the actual cost of these goods being manufactured. So I wanted to throw that out there, and I think we need to take quick break here. If you can hang with us, certainly appreciate it, and we'll respond to this when we get back. My guest is Brian James was all Worth Financial Money Monday. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRC, the.
Speaker 7: Talk station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Eight twenty in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station. My guest Brian James, all Worth Financial on this Monday Monday segment. Thanks for hanging with us to the break. Brian is certainly appreciated.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no worries. I appreciate the chance to talk to your listeners.
Speaker 5: Okay, before we took a break, there was talking about inflation rate and the possibility of that coming down with energy prices decreasing. What are your thoughts on that. What do you think is going to happen as far as that's concerned.
Speaker 15: Well, as you mentioned before we broke there, you know, one of Trump's major goals is to open up a lot of places for more drilling, which will think back to your economics classes from years ago, supply and demand. If we're going to drill places we weren't drilling before, then obviously that increases supply in that that should reduce price in theory that this is probably one of the places where consumers can expect to see a more immediate impact from a standpoint of once all these things occur. Right now, we're just talking until January.
Speaker 5: So sure.
Speaker 15: But this is something that comes out of the ground, of course, and consumers buy it at the pump, but it's not going to I don't think we're going to see it as readily in other areas just yet, because remember we're not really talking about our price is going to drop back to where they were in twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen. That's not really what this is about. Because a lot of this is baked in now. Companies that know what their profit margins need to be and they're not going to voluntarily reduce prices unless they have to. They will only only only do that if competition forces them to.
Speaker 5: No, we've had a lot of We've had a lot of union contracts that have been settled in the last year year and a half. We've got a potential dock workers strike pending or at least an increase there and their way just come out in January. But we had the UAW, we had ups, we had the dock workers out in the West Coast and railroad workers. So all as you say, that's already baked into the numbers, because those numbers are already in there as far as their labor costs.
Speaker 15: Right, and so yeah, so no boardroom is going to say, oh, thank goodness, the Trump administration has changed some policies and it's a more business friendly environment. Finally, finally, finally we can reduce prices for our poor consumers. That's not going to happen. They're going to pocket a good chunk of the difference unless they can get some attention and create perhaps a little bit of a of a price war within their industry.
Speaker 5: But only if it's going to.
Speaker 15: Benefit them directly. Now, now these are still these are still positive business. You know, it's going to be an easier business environment than it has been. But at the same time, you know, we were just talking about energy prices, price at the pump.
Speaker 5: It hasn't been a topic.
Speaker 15: This was a strange year for that. Yeah, I really don't remember talking to Brian about it, you know, all summer long, other than the normal hike that happens in May when we hit travel season.
Speaker 5: Right right. But I always well, I do America's truck of network on our sister station, and energy is always a big factor there. And one of the things I've always looked at is what the gasoline prices are nationwide compared even back to twenty twenty when we were energy independent for the first time since nineteen forty nine, and we saw what those prices were, and even based on that, I mean, granted, back in June of twenty twenty two, gas got up to a nationwide high of five dollars and one cents a gallon versus today where it's around what three twelve something like that nationwide, But back then it was round two and we're still paying forty percent more than what we were for a gallon of gas back in twenty twenty, so we see that already baked into the numbers. You reduce that, and of course, you know, energy goes across all sectors of the economy. Fact that we got lights on here in the studio, we depend on energy. We've got lights on at home and saw it so anyway, But I think one of the things that we might see too is a bit of a break. Brian James on this, on this regulatory situation, I would like to see a lot of cutting there and rollbacks and so on. Do you think we're you know, because that's one of the things I don't think a lot of people talk about in terms of how that is baked into these costs that we're seeing to the consumer. Yeah.
Speaker 15: So, so Trust's been known for rolling back regulations and that's been generally welcomed by businesses of course, because that makes life a little bit easier. However, some companies are going to find this a little too impulsive in leading to more uncertainty. We talked about that, right. We don't like uncertainty. We like to be able to know what to predict. But yeah, there are some industries that are probably going to just like we talked about the energy industry, it's going to be a heck of a lot easier to go find new places to drill for oil.
Speaker 5: That was, you know, the.
Speaker 15: Words right out of his mouth, and so hopefully there'll be some benefits there. There are other interest industries, such as the banking industry, which where the last administry. One of the big things that Trump did was roll back some of the consumer financial protections, which on one hand makes it easier to be a bank. On another hand, those came from somewhere. So if you were a bank consumer and you were frustrated by what banks had done over the prior fifteen to twenty years just looking for profits under every stone, just remember remember to be paying attention and read that fine print, because it's going to get a heck of a lot easier for them to do what has been successful in the past. So I'm not going to argue that all deregulations is.
Speaker 5: Right right, and I think this is one of these topics that been talked around and back as far back as two thousand and seven, was this proposal that was done. As a matter of fact, it was proposed by a resident of Campbell County, Kentucky to at that time, Oh gosh, Jeff Davis, this idea of what they call the Rains Act, and basically, in a simplified form, this Rains Act would say to the federal government that if there's any regulations that's going to cost the taxpayer more than one hundred million dollars that has to be voted on by Congress, they just can't willy nilly put forth these regulations they are going to cost. Basically, it's a taxi increase, if you will, in terms of the American public. Now, this has been passed by the House several times since twenty two thousand and seven, I think got to the Senate was putting a you know, on the desk and never voted. I would like to see that go forward in this administration, and I think that would go a long way to help our economy considerably.
Speaker 15: So yeah, right, So the Rains Act will if it survives you we'll see it if it if it surfaces again. The last version passed the House back in June, but like you said, not yet passed by the Senate, so it's not in law yet. But if we see you know, we are still deciding who controls the Senate, right, I think there's about five seats left last time. I loved We'll see you know which way that goes. That will interestingly to me, that is it's a level of bureaucracy I think. On I agree with you on its On its face, it seems like it would be helpful towards the ultimate outcome. However, it's a level of bureaucracy that I can't imagine Trump is super excited about supporting. So I don't know, We'll have to see which way that goes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and again, you know, you hope that some of these companies that when certain things are deregulated, that they have a certain amount of ethical core, that just because something is not against the law doesn't mean that it's ethical, And so hopefully that I think that's wishful thinking on.
Speaker 15: My part, a fine line, that's a very very fine line in some gray area.
Speaker 5: But exactly well, Brian, thank you so much for spending time with us this morning. I think I've went a little too long with us here, but I certainly appreciate your time, and hopefully we can do this again sometime, and certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, you have a great week.
Speaker 5: You do the same, Brian, James all Worth Financial on our Money Monday segment here coming up once you me and the phones between now and the top of the hour. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR. See the talk station fifty.
Speaker 7: Five KRC the Simply Money min.
Speaker 5: Eight thirty three in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, The talk station. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five, hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Let's go to the phones here, let's talk to h J fifty five krs. Thanks so much for calling. How are you this morning?
Speaker 22: Hey, I'm doing good, Kevin. And as always, man, you do a great job. When Brian is out.
Speaker 2: He's a uh he's a hall.
Speaker 22: Of Famer host, and man, you you are a hall of famer as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I appreciate this out. I appreciate that when you're well. You know, Brian had to take some time off today because you know, I've been binging on those Hallmark Christmas movies and it's time for him to take some time off to do that himself.
Speaker 16: You know, man, your.
Speaker 22: After good level is like going to be peaking. You better get some of that testoster and stuff that I keep hearing about.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you know, I don't think I've got to you know, turning my man card quite quite yet.
Speaker 22: But you know, well, well well maybe that's debatable, but that's really not what I wanted to debate.
Speaker 5: You a man to be gentle and yet firms So anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 22: Hey, wanted to make some comments on Alex Trantafilo. I'm sure he is a good guy. I'm sure he worked his tail off, but here here comes the butt. Last week I heard him, Uh, Brian had him on and he asked the same really good question you asked. Because we're all hearing the the Wine the Rhino is going to do. Uh, he's going to install one of his buddies, which is going to be Matt Dolan, who Ohio voters have soundly rejected in the past two Senate races. We don't want him as senators. As a senator, we don't want Jane Timpkin as a senator. And yet the Wine could reach out and and and bring in somebody like a Warren Davidson or Jim Jordan, a proven conservative Republican h and asked them if they'd be interested in that Senate seat versus going after a retread and uh, but you know it, it sounds like he's going to go for Dolan. And if they do that, then the Republican Party did exactly what the Democrat Party did with Kamala Harris, where they where they installed somebody who the voters soundly rejected. Yamula couldn't get more than two percent during the primary. Dolan never came in higher than third.
Speaker 5: Kamala didn't get any votes in the primary, that was all just poland she got no votes in the Yeah.
Speaker 4: Great point. Great point.
Speaker 22: So when Alex was asked that question by by Brian, Alex's answer was, well, I trust governor to wine and it's going to be his decision. And it was a love fest for Mike DeWine who locked down, locked us down during COVID raved our gas tax by ten cents a gallon and when he was about ten seconds ten you know, fifteen minutes into office, he did that along with all of the other things. You know, you can't have a drink after ten o'clock got to shut the bars down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because COVID. COVID only ruers of ugly head after ten o'clock, you.
Speaker 22: Know, Oh, right, right, and darn remember that the he wanted to extend his emergency powers and took the Republicans in Ohio government to override his veto where he was saying, no, I want to keep my tyrannical powers doing this lockdown, and they had to put him back in his place. Now for Alex Trantafelo last week today, I trust the governor. He's a he's a great leader, and whoever he picks, I'm going to be behind it. I would say, let's let's cut the Alex Tranta Filo LoveFest. And if he's not with us, then he's against us. And if we can't call out what Mike the Wine is, the leader, the leader of the Republican Party for Ohio can't do it, well, then we're going to continue to be an embarrassment in which I believe we are. Nationally, do we have a super majority bigger than what Ron Santa says in Florida, we can't get a damn thing done? Yeah, well, Jack, the other Red states, look at Ohio, and say you're not really red.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well Jay, you're red.
Speaker 22: You got your a bunch of damn rhinos.
Speaker 5: Well, Jay, what we have is an electric out there electorate out there that went a certain way. There are grassroots organizations that are out there. What they need to do is they need to take the reins here and call the governor's office let him know what your concerns are. Jd. Vance doesn't take the oath of office until January the twentieth, so I would imagine that he may be tasked with coming back to Ohio and kind of trying to force some things too. We need to call his office. We need to call the Senate office. We need to call our senators and you know, everybody else involved and let them know where we stand. Bernie Moreno is a good one to start talking to. You know, he's gotten elected, he's going to be voted in. He should have a say, and it's up to the current and you know, let's face it, all right, we've got mayors, we've got council people, we've got county commissioners, we've got state reps, state senators. Let them know where you stand and let them know that if this doesn't go the way we think it should go. And if we wind up with a retread as people are talking about, they are going to suffer the consequences. At the polling booth. We hold the ultimate authority here. We need exercise.
Speaker 22: I take that idea and I did exactly that. I got a hold of jd Advance and because he has the bully pulpit now and by the way, remember Mike the Wine did not support jd Vance, that was Trump's pick. Wine went against them and back Matt Dolan.
Speaker 5: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 22: So you know, all I'm looking for is the head of the Republican Party has a lot of way influence money behind him. And honestly, I think if Mike de Wine was to run for a third term, you'd see Alex Trantafilo at grobbling in his feet asking him how he can help and how much money does he need? And that's not what we need is as Ohio Republican Party leader, get in tune with read the room, take a look at what what the rest of us take of Mike to one exactly, but I'm with you, man, get a hold of jd Vance. I think there is our play. Does Dad Vance want to be working with fricking Matt Dolan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pick up the phone, folks in.
Speaker 22: Jordan, or Warren Davidson or somebody better.
Speaker 5: Pick up the phone, folks, make those phone calls. So, Jay, thank you so much for calling. I certainly appreciate it. Have a nice day well. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, two, three eight two five, five pound five fifty A T and T wireless phone coming up. We'll kind of wrap up the show and see where we go from there. Maybe some other mischief we can get into. I'm Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 11: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station, prescription.
Speaker 5: Eight forty three in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see in the talk station. You know, one of the things I'm pretty sure that Brian and I are on the same page on is this whole green energy hoax that we've been climate change and so on that we've been fed over the last several years. And you know, I take you back to and you've heard this before. I'm sure that going back to the first you know, Earth Day back in seventy nineteen seventy six, we're all talking about global cooling, that we're going into this ice age. Well that didn't pan out, so then it had to be global warming, and it had to be acid rain and all this sort of stuff. And then well you know that didn't pan out, So now we just got to call it climate change. So anything that happens has to do with climate change. And we've been sold this bill of goods. As far as EV's wind. Now I'm not opposed to wind, I'm not opposed to solar energy, but it is not ready for prime time. And these EV batteries, these electric vehicles that are coming along, it's just it is not a technology that's ready for prime time. And so one of the things I hope that we see with this administration, the Trump administration coming in, is some of the turning back away from this all this what I call, well, I just call it what it is. It's climingism. You know, if you look at what is being talked about, it has nothing to do with cleaning up the environment. It has nothing to do with making our lives better. It's all about control where you live, how you live, what you eat, when you eat, how you cook, your food, where you live, what car you drive, how far you can travel, when you can travel, and everything. It's all about control. And that has more to do with communism than it does environmentalism. So I just mashed the two. You know, communism has or environmentalism has become the new communism, and I just mashed the two together and just call it climmunism. And climunism is one of the things that needs to end. And I don't pick this. I'm going to kind of clarify that a little bit coming up. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the talk.
Speaker 7: Station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Most people think nine first warning. Weather forecasts Today rush hour, clear, skys calm, wins low forty five Veteran's day. The rest of the day mostly sunny, pleasant, the high of sixty three. Monday night mostly clear, colder but dry. Look for lower thirty six. Tomorrow, mostly sunny, high of fifty four and a low of thirty five. Right now forty eight degrees fifty five five kr CE DE talk station Chuck ingram S has our final look at traffic.
Speaker 24: From the UCL Tramfic Center, the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is Humed and Nastley recognize pank credit cancer experts who offer personalized care plans and new treatments through innovative clinical trials called five one three five eighty five U see see seed cruise continue to work with a couple of brecks on two seventy five stop bound thirty two at East Gate, right Lane's block west bound at near Montgomery Road over on the right shoulder. Chuck ingram On fifty five krz the talk station.
Speaker 5: Eight forty nine in the morning. Kevin Morton in for Brian Hammas, fifty five kr see the talk station. Let's go back to the phones real quick here and talk to Evelyn. Evelyn fifty five krs the talk station. Thank you so much for being there. Certainly appreciate the phone call. How are you this morning?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 23: Thanks Givin. Would you explain how to I'd like to call JD Van's and tell him to not choose Kevin Gordon and to suggest Orlando's Sandra.
Speaker 5: But exactly wait a minute, don't choose Kevin Gordon, you mean Matt Dolan. Now if he chose, if the wine chose me, I mean I would make the move over to Ohio from Kentucky to do that. But uh, you know, I haven't been called, so yeah.
Speaker 23: I like that, so by goodness, well, I just I'd like to know how to explain it. Uh would I make a call to their office, to JD. Bean's office. I'm not sure I know exactly how to approach that. Quick call. I'm sure it wouldn't be too well.
Speaker 5: If you call. If you call the the the office of the of the Congress, the Congressional Office, it's a two oh two number. Just say I want to leave a message for JD. Vance and say that, you know, we want to make sure that and just say we want to make sure that the decision that Governor Dwine makes will help the Trump administration and advance the agenda of the Trump administration and not one of a squishy rhino. I don't know if you want to say rhino, but somebody.
Speaker 16: Who is not like.
Speaker 5: But not and that's kind of offense, so you know, they may take offense to that, but say that we want somebody who is a conservative to replace a conservative that's we're losing being advanced to vice president, and we like him to make sure that he that he you know, lets that be known.
Speaker 23: Okay, great, So I should not use rhino as that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's you know, it's kind of well, you know, we know what it means, and some people may take you know, if somebody sees that in a message, it may you know, kind of discount it. But just you know, hey, you know, we have a senator, we have a good conservative senator. Now we're going to have another good conservative Bernie Moreno, and we want to make sure that we keep the momentum going and somebody that will be there to support the Trump administration as opposed to any other agendas. So yeah, that's great, great, great, all right, not a problem, Thank you so much. Appreciate the phone call. I want to wrap up here. We've got a couple of minutes before we get out of here. I want to make a stress to everybody. At eleven o'clock today, make sure you take that opportunity to do a moment of silence the eleventh eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, in honor of Veterans Day. And I want to when I talk about climbingism and so on, and I talk about this business of being somewhat of a when I say it's a whole and so on. You know, none of this stuff has been proven. And I saw this story last week. I find it very interesting. And this is interesting on two counts. Okay, a vast ancient Mayan city is found in the Mexican jungle. By accident, a graduate student analyzing publicly available drone data in Mexico unexpectedly stumbled across a huge ancient Mayan city buried beneath dense jungle for centuries. The city lay hidden in the amid the jungle canopy in the state of Campeachy on the Gulf of Mexico. New research published Tuesday in the Journal of Antiquity reveals sites that in total cover an area about one and a half times the size of Washington, d C. That's how big this place was. And first of all, the first lesson here is a graduate student. Think of all of the academics that went before him, all the doctors, all the PhDs, all these so called scientists, and it took a graduate student to look at these documents and say, hey, you know, there's possibly a city here, which it borne out. Okay, the researchers uncovered a densely packed area containing six thousand, six hundred and seventy four structures, including pyramids resembling those in Chichen It's A in the Mexican state of Yucatan and Tikal in the ancient citadel and rainforest of northern Guatemala. This graduate student, Luke Ald Thomas, PhD Candidate at Tulane University, discovered this. The researchers said that this city and they've may have had been the home to thirty to fifty thousand people at its peak between eight hundred AD and one thousand AD. Folks were talking about a city that existed sixteen hundred years ago or fourteen hundred years ago. Okay, now for a Now, this city disappeared for a complex of reasons, including climate change. Okay, so, how many coal burning fires were, plants manufacturing plants were back in Mexico at eight hundred AD, how many diesel trucks were rolling down the highway at that point, how much pollutants were in the air at that point? And climate change eliminated the city of thirty to fifty thousand people. Climate change has been ongoing. The Earth can handle it, at least now we know the technology that we can deal with it and contain it and actually adapt to it. So with that I'll leave that with you. Thanks, thank you all for the phone calls, Thank you for being here, Thanks to my guest Ken Blackwell, and of course Christopher Smitherman and Brian James with all Worth Financial Christopher Smithers Well. So anyway, folks, that does it for me. Thank you so much, have a great day and honor of that. Today I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talks station.
Speaker 4: When you want to know, when you need to know, when you have to know, you can be in the know right here on fifty five a talkstation.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by