Speaker 1: In a world where fairways meet the airwaves, where Bertie's and Banker collide. Welcome to the show that takes you beyond the clubhouse and onto the green. There's balls and tees, your passport to the golfing universe, where every swing tells the story and every part has its punchline. Get ready to step onto the large screens and dive into the world of givens, drives and delightful.
Speaker 2: Better ladies and gentlemen. Welcomes to Bosanties once again we have the big men today and Dedrick, how are.
Speaker 3: You very well? Seople, Thanks for having me on. It's a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 2: Hi, Diddric, I know that you've just assumed the position of CEO for Can you please tell us a bit more about it and yourself with the PGA.
Speaker 3: Sure, maybe I'll start with the PGA, because that's a little bit closer to my heart. The PGA is a nonprofit organization and we essentially look after the professionals that work within the golf industry. So many of our members. We've got about seven hundred and twenty full active members with the association, and many of them work in all sectors of the industry, other being mainly coaching, you know, coaching people to play golf. Management, so either managers or golf directors at golf clubs that manage these things. And then there also a bunch of other sort of areas that the guards go into and ladies go into, so they either do rules or there's travel. A lot of them do social media. So it's a vast, vast different sort of job description that our members has. And we're we're also a non gender association, so mail and email we look after both of those. And you know, our members are very successful at what they do and they may be turning to me. I'm forty five years old. I come from a little town used to be a town, but it's a kind of a city now in Jobur called Kempton Park and it's probably more commonly known for Ernie Els, which is one of our two golfers legends of the game on the tour, and he's also an honorary member of the PGA of South Africa. So I come from there. I joined the PJA slightly different to quite a lot of people. A lot of people either had a great amateur career and they moved into sort of the teaching area and joined the PGA. But there's also professional golfers that played on tour that joined the program a little later to be able to move into the industry and then work with people to enjoy the game of health. I mean I started my dad worked it in a stainless steel company and he just made golf clubs out of steel rods and flat part for me, and I had ping pong balls in a back garden that I just used to hit so I don't break any windows of the house. And from there on in my mom saw a program that I did which was a provider of education of the PGA. I started there, did my three year course through them, went through the practical stuff, and then I was able to qualify. So I've been a member of the PGA now for twenty odd years and I've on a class what they would call a Class Advanced Fellow PGA Member, which just starts at Class A and it goes double A, Triple A Fellow Advanced Fellow, and then it goes to your Master Professional, which is the most recognized one that we have. So that's a little bit about me.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, he assume that you've been dead with the pgo in the perfect fertinity. But I mean, golf is evolving faster than ever, so if you're not paying attention, you might get left behind. You know, what, what was there that PGA is doing right now that every golfer, then industry players and needs to know.
Speaker 3: Well, we work with quite a lot of stakeholders with in South Africa. There's a there's a vast sort of a packet of our stakeholders in South Africa that we work with too, you know, from the Sunshine Tour to the Club Managers Association to Golf or s A which looks after the amateur body. So our members work with pretty much all of those in terms of what they do for them. So a lot of our members coach professional golfers so that they play better on tour. A lot of our people, our members, coach amateur golfers. And what we really do in terms of the PGA is we are there to grow the game of golf through our members. And you know, it's a funny thing how these things work is that if you play better golf, you're going to play more golf, You're going to enjoy your golf more. And the idea behind that is that our members do that and then grow the game of golf, where those beginners that join into sort of the golfing fraternity then join a golf club and then make the golf community a lot stronger. So that's pretty much what our members do and what we do from our side. But we work also globally with what we call the PJA World Alliance, which is the pg of America, Great Britain and Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. Just to knowme a few but yeah, as you say, I mean, since COVID golf is just boomed and it changes every single day from launch monitors to technology, it's just incredibly how fast it's moving at this point, and our members are at the forefront of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you're speaking more about the changes in golf, you know. I mean we can clearly see all these big changes coming to the game, the new formats, new stars, new ways of how people can play. Can you give us an inside or scoop on what's necked for the golf in your view?
Speaker 3: Look, we're not so close in terms of what happens on the professional tours, so so as we if I can give you a little bit of a step a little bit back. You know, there's two sort of sections. You have what we call the Tour Player Section, which is used to be part of the PGA, and then in the mid eighties the two bodies split, so you had what they call the Tour Player Division and then you had the Club Pro division, which is two different sections the Tour Player divisions now now known as the Sunshine Tour, and the Sunshine Tour looks after the professional golfers and what they do within their area. Our aim on the other side, from a club pro perspective, is we look after the game at golf clubs, at golf facilities and grow the game through that, so through kind of amateur golfers and through the professionals. But if you're talking about sort of more the live and the PGA Tour sort of roles and what's currently happening there, I think there, I think it's an interesting time for golf. You know, golf. Golf is a in a space where at least people are talking about the sport, and we love that because that's the way it should be. But I think at the end of the day, the right thing will happen because people want to see the best players played together. So I can't give you the end game because I absolutely do not know what the end game is. We look after we look after our members and what they do with industry within South Africa to grow the game of golf, and we hope that, you know, we hope that they so that out from a professional golf perspective at the top level.
Speaker 2: Not fantastic. I mean, you know, some says equipment is making the game too easy. Ata says it's helping to grow the sport. Where do you stand on this debate? And could use could we see any rule changes around clubs golf balls in the future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think currently there's not too many. Too much talk about changing rules and that they used to talk to roll back the ball a little bit, but that's just in the beginning stages and we're not sure where that's going to go. But I think if you talk about equipment equipment, I mean, as you said earlier on, it's moving fast and an equipment equipments they essentially to try and make the game of golf easier for people, and I think they've done it essentially over the past ten fifteen years. They've done it and We've seen a lot of people get into golf. It is unfortunately an expensive hobby to start playing. But as soon as you have the equipment, the equipment last you a lifetime. So you know, equipment is changing, but it's day to make you play play golf and make it easier for you. So I don't think there's any rule changes really on the rise and very soon, apart from just maybe the roll back of the golf wort.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you you spoke a little bit more about the PGA, but you know a lot of people don't really realize just how how much the PGA is doing to shape the future of sports, particularly maybe let's say in South Africa. So what's one thing that is happening behind the scene that is going to change the golf as we know it from the PGA perspective?
Speaker 3: If I tell you, I might have to kill your supports. Unfortunately secret I mean, I mean, as I said earlier on, it's there's no secrets to it. I mean we we as the p GA, we just offer our members and education. So we we do continue to education with our members so they stay up to date with the latest and greatest teaching techniques. You know, from a fitness perspective, our people have to look after their bodies to be able to play golf. Nutrition. And then also you know, from a from a business perspective, we give our members the tools to be able to run golf clubs uh successfully. You know, there's there's unfortunately fortunately and unfortunately I think golf clubs have got a committee sometimes in place, but the experts within those industries is the club managers and the golf directors, the retail guys on the floor that are at the forefront, and they're there every single day. And I think, you know, the changes come at some stage where it would be better to just work together better from a committee's perspective, with the management at golf clubs to make it successful. And and and that's what our members does. I mean, our members are trained within those areas and they are experts within those areas, and we look forward to expanding that within the golfing market so that our members show what they can do in terms of you know, running facilities, retail facilities, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean you you look at what you speak up art mostly of the work that the PGA is doing. And I mean as you look at the the play today of golf is changing. You know, players are driving longer, play, they are playing smarter, and they they are training as our clients as well. So so how has that strategy changed in the last decade? And then what's next for modern golfers because you're looking at the training side of it, but to train these professionals putting together the whole logistics of very chain of golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, as you rightfully said this, I mean people specifically golfers. And if you look at two level golfers, and I think at any sport, I think everything, all of those people are just becoming stronger, They're becoming taller, you know, they just swinging the club faster. So you know, I think as good as that is, you know, I'm a bit of a traditionalist, so I enjoy the you know, the long eating is nice to look at sometimes, but I enjoy people actually playing the golf course. From a strategic perspective, I don't think you're going to stop that in terms of people hitting the ball further, but there is going to be a limit some point. You know, you can only hit the ball so far, So you know, in terms of that sort of thing. From a fitness perspective, technology perspective. You know, I think it's just going to continue going, but I think it's going to be to the good of the game because it's got to keep the game interesting for people.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, did you see people playing now we have a lot of more indoor golf, and we have the traditional outdoor golf. But you know, if someone isn't really following golf closely right now, what's the one may achieved that they're going to recret missing out in the next few years.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can see it happening in America seper right. It's you know, with the start of this tg L movement, which they have the indoor facility with teams playing against each other, and as you rightfully say, I mean, indoor golf is becoming one of the most popular pastimes for golfers globally. So you know from recent studies that's done globally what they call of course golfer. So these are either people doing you know, playing on a simulator, doing putt putt, just hitting balls on a driving range that's not physically playing on a golf course. That number is actually exceeding the number of players that's playing on a golf course. So you can see there's there's huge demand for golf. But I think from a time perspective, a lot of people are choosing shorter versions of golf and also potentially less intimidating versions of golf to be able to get into golf. But for us, I mean to be honest with you, anybody that plays any version of golf for us is amazing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good for everybody. So you know, we would love them to join a golf club and join the community of golf. But you know, if they not as confident yet, I think they must make a time go down to the local PDA professional and just go and maybe spend some time with them so that they can show them that it's not as intimidating as they think it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, Didrick, Now I would like to put you on a sport right, What's what? What's one golf rule that you think, oh, maybe have had players secretly wish that it would disappear, but probably it will never disappear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, you're oputting me on the spot because I've got to be pretty diplomatic about this simple but I've always I've always thought, you know, and and it's something that I believe in from my side, you know, but we also cu custodians of what happens. But ultimately we're trying to make the game easier for people. So for me, the one rule that really doesn't make sense, and it's a bit tongue in cheek for me, but it's the it's the you know, the ball in the divid rule. You know that you if you hit the ball in the middle of the fairway and you land in the divot, that you're not allowed to drop out of that divot. So for me, it's not necessarily I understand that the rules of golf, you know from the RNA is you know, you play the ball as you find it, yeah, and as it lies one hundred percent. But if you're looking to grow the game of golf, you know, if somebody is a twenty four handicapper and they've you know, they've hit their best drive in five rounds and they hit it for the first time in a fair way and they get there and it's in a divot, yeah, I just worry that it might demotivate that person. But that's that's my opinion. You know, I don't make those rules, so that is one that I would potentially I could potentially look at.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, nice one, nice one. I mean, so golf is growing in your my case, you know, Asia, the rest of Africa, especially a any environments as well. Where do you see the biggest opportunities for the game in the next decades?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you say markets. I mean there's there's obviously geographical markets that it moves into. But we were very passionate about I mean, we've got the rights of of the of the PGA within Africa, so we do a lot of work through the RNA and through our members where we move into Africa and we do what they call the African High Performance Project, which is moving into Africa through our members and they grow the game with some of the players within Kenya and Zimbabwe, et cetera, et cetera. But those are geographical areas. But what we also, what we're also quite passionate about, is just our membership base. So I set to you early on we are non gender membership base and you know our ladies and ladies golf within South Africa is also a big market. So so I see I see a lot of that happening. And also, you know, gender and race. We also see quite a lot of black, Indian and colored people moving into the space of golf, which is just amazing. I mean, wherever we can grow the game of golf, we happy, happy to do it. But yeah, so from a geographical perspective, I think Africa is a big one. But also from a demographical perspective, I think the you know ladies, colored Indian men, color, you know that sort of that sort of markets are growing definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean, just to put you on this maybe just before we take a little bit of praying. So with all these changes that were discussing and happening around, and there's both broadcasting is also changing. For example, what we have right now in comparison to the tra traditional brodcast, And how does the PGA pland to tap exciting, educational to the next generations of fans. Where are people hearing it on digital media, people being able to see it on social media and all of all those environments.
Speaker 3: No, look, don't we don't really have a big presence within the TV space. I think that's more Sunshine tour space. They obviously run tournaments we really haven't explored, and many things. We obviously do social media, which we try and promote our members, but we are going to do a little bit more. You know, these sort of platforms that you guys do seeple from a podcasting perspective, we know how powerful these things are and it also it also tells people a little bit more about the background of what the PJ is, how they play their role within the industry. But yeah, I mean, I think YouTube, social media, podcasting, that sort of thing I think is going to be important. We see how big youtub has become from a golfing perspective, and we hope we can contribute. Yeah, but as I said earlier on, I've got a face for radio, so maybe it's nothing new.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no problem. Can you just take maybe two minutes break so that you can some water?
Speaker 3: Perfect?
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Invisible in Consulting your gateway to financial success. We specialize in providing the best solutions to manage your finance and accounting, ensuring a better life for you and your business. Our expert team offers top not accounting and tax consulting services tailored to various industries, including but not limited to, engineering, medical practitioners, in construction, nonprofits, devents, management, attorneys, and financial services experience the power of best analytics, backed by a commitment to our clients in a higher level of knowledge and Invisible Ink Consulting, we strive to deliver the best service you can get, making your financial journey seamless and rewarding. Choose Invisible Ink Consulting for a brighter financial future your success out priority. Please visit us at www dot invisibleink, dot co, dot seta to reach us www dot invisiblelink, dot co dotzt A.
Speaker 2: Welcome back again for the lovers of golf. We hear talking with District, the new CEO of PGA, talking about golf realizing and lending a little bit more about the PGA today, Ditric, I mean, I see you've got a Tattleis back behind you. You really really listen to be someone who has a relationship with the Taitleist, do you, well?
Speaker 3: The PGA is a relationship with Titleist and what we call a kushnet, which is start Joy and they they the patron of our Pathway to Membership program and what that is is there's sort of two ways to get into the PGA as a member and to study the PJ program. So you can either do as I said, two pathways. The one is what we call an associate pathway, and the associate pathway is you have to find a job within the industry. You've got to have a handicap less than four, you have to go some through some sort of safeguarding process which which just allows us to make sure that you don't have a criminal record, you know, you know, the normal safety things, and then you are able to join the PJA as an associate. So you do that as a full time employee at a club and then on a yearly basis that they go to a residential where they then study for the week and then they go back to the workplace and they work within the industry. Now, the other partway is what they what we call a provider pathway, which is what I did. You we have seven providers throughout the country that that give our education and then there's students that join those providers. They stay amateurs so they can play, but they study full time, full time. They don't work within the industry. So they do their studies for the three years and then after that they would then join the PGAs as a member, and then they would start their process. They do one thousand hours at a golf club and then they would either do a teaching ability test and a playing ability test, and then they would become a member. So sorry I diverted a little bit there, but but your titleist is our patron of that program, which which allows us to do the good work we do. So we're very thankful for their for their support in that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you sound like someone who's very, very busy. How often do you play golf?
Speaker 3: I think you you play more golf than what I do. I mean, I come from a I come from a management background, so I for the last eighteen or twenty years, I've worked either in a golf club. So I started as a person that just you know, cleaned golf carts, you know, that sort of thing, and then I work myself up into the retail space at a golf club, then into golf directorship, and then into a general manager position, which I had just before I came to the PGA. So my background is management. So yes, I've been busy, but you know, if you love what you do, you don't get busy. I mean it's we're passionate about what we do. So from a playing perspective, if I play twice a month, that's maybe a lot. So a lot of people think we work within the industry and we out on the golf course every day because I head officers yet Royal Johannesburg, which is a lovely facility. They think we go out there and play golf every every single day at lunch hour. Player I olls, but it's totally the opposite. There's so much to do and if we get the chance, we love it, but we unfortunately don't get the chance too often to do that.
Speaker 2: No, thank you. I mean you know there's a c you you also have a classroom, right, and then there's a say that tool here as an h us when you get the lessons where people are saying that golf is a mental game. So so what's one of of aspect player development? Is that going to separate future champions to to the rest based on the mental of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean mental. The mental side of the game has also taken a huge leap forward as much as the technology side has done. So there's there's lots of very good psychologists that work with with players out there, and it's a huge part of golf because I mean I've always set up I played many sports within my life, which is which is mainly you know, a lot of sports involved moving moving balls. So it's other rugby that the ball moves, or cricket that the ball comes to you, or tennis that the ball moves. But golf is such a psychological sport because the ball is sitting stationary on the on the ground and you as the person, have to try and move it. So there's all these thoughts that run through your head. You know, don't miss it right in the water, don't eat it left out of bounds, or don't duff it. But from a mental perspective, I personally, I am quite bad with the mental side. So that's why I never turned professional to go and play on tour. I'm a social golfer. I really love going out and playing golf with people and enjoy the day with them and try and make them play better. But yeah, from a psychological perspective, there's so much happening within that space and you've got to be so good at it. If you want to play at the at the highest level, you know you've you've got to shut or all the noise that goes goes in around you and what people say and and what you think. But it's all about process. You know, if you've just got a good process, a good pre shot routine, you're always going to be successful if you do that. So if you want to play high level, I definitely suggest that you go and go and search for somebody that that can help you with that, because it does definitely help.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you as you elaborate that you've been around the golfing environment for at least two decades and then you just assume that one of the big roles in in the golfing fertinity. I mean not to go into details to end for for for us as the amateur golfers, social golferst and probably even from the people who are coming into your program. What are the things just a few things, uh, maybe we need to look out look out for from your direction and then also from the this this position that you you would probably like to see that can even attract young young people, young players and even the players of color and orda. Look.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've we've done lots of good work also with the previous CEO that was in place. There's been a lot of work done in terms of you know, diversity and inclusion that we have within the industry. So there's our base of ladies, our base of races either being black colored India, and that base is definitely grown and there's a lot of work that goes into it from us. We we as I said earlier on, we were very inclusive. So we want people to join the program. But unfortunately, it's like any program that you have to have some sort of criteria to allow people into the into that that space. You know, the PGA worldwide, there's only sixty thousand PGA members. If you look at it, that's such a small it's such a small niche membership base around the world that really do touch so much in terms of a global fraternity. I mean so so, I think from our side, we just want to make sure that we grow the game of golf through our members. We support our members, and we would love to get more and more young people to join the PGA to experience what I've experienced from the game. I mean, the game has given me so much, not just from a you know, from a growth perspective, but also just from a relationship perspective. You know, it's such a wonderful game. And you know, I think if I talk to people that want to do the PGA membership, of course they must definitely look look for us. But I think if you're looking just from an amateur side that wants to play better golf or understand better golf, I mean, there's no there's no better person to go and speak to other than a PGA professional at a golf club or a golf facility. These guys and ladies are so passionate about what they do and hopefully we can wrap that off onto the younger generation or just the amateurs that's out there to be able just to play better golf and enjoy it more, because that's ultimately what we want to is get people to enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you know that you when when we see a look at golf and how people really got introduced into into into the golfing environment. Sometimes people come to golf not really by the PGA program. So I have friends who play golf, they will invite me and someone and then the next time I invite a friend of mine. So but and then now I am I'm not a professional coach or a professional from a PGA. But I've introduced myself my friend to golf. But how important are the rules of golf in that part? Because I mean, if I've been introduced by someone, then I introduced another person, I might have a lot of pending on the rules of golf. But how important is it are the rules of golf for for for amateurs, especially the ones who are introducing their friends, who are introducing them and their families who won't necessarily go through the pg A coaching system.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the rules are very important. I'm not sure if you're talking about the rules of golf as in, you know, from the r n A side, or if you're talking more from an etiquete perspective, but both are equally important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, I was just saying about the rules from Irene for for example. Is there a role that the PGA is playing to really get the people who just that team to play golf to understand the rules and the ety kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. I mean the PJ is not the custodian of the rules of golf, so we just play our part to educate people of the rules of golf. I mean, golf is the custodian of it in South Africa and the RNA obviously support them. But I mean, the rules of golf is incredibly important. I mean, you've got to have a set of rules that you play any sport by. I think if you if you go out with your friend on a Friday afternoon and you're just having playing a nine holes, I think you can be a little bit more lenient on the rules. But unfortunately, when you do play in club competitions or competitions with your friends, or competitions in a golf day, et cetera. Of golf is incredibly important because unfortunately, golf is a you've you've you've got to you've you've got to kind of look after yourself. You you manage yourself when you're out there. There's no rules official that walk along with you every single time you play. So you've got to be honest and and and I mean that's the beauty about golf. The beauty about golf I've always said is, you know, teaches you so much more than just golf. That teaches you to be punctual, that teaches you to be respectful, you know, honest, there's there's so many values that you get from golf that you don't get from any other sport. And that's why I love golf, not necessarily about golf, but because all the piper peripheral stuff that come with it.
Speaker 2: No, no thank you for for that, did you? So? I just want to get a little bit more controversial question, just to get the CEO insider. How does coli success of the game balance with its intracrity? Is there ever a conflict between tradition and business growth around golf? You know?
Speaker 3: I mean if there weren't sponsors and partners within golf, there wouldn't be golf. I mean there's a lot of people that play, you thought, either being with us and our partners that plays a massive role in what we do to travel around the country to support our members, to be able to get the message out and grow the game of golf, but also to all the other bodies within South Africa. So corporate South Africa is usually important. But it's you know, it's like anything, you've just got to be when you have those partners, you've got to treat them with respect because a lot of them have you know, are also passionate about golf. I mean there's so many people that are passionate with about golf within the golf in fraternity that love just supporting either us or any other of the the bodies within South Africa. So you know, it's I think it's crucial. It's just the way you manage it within your business as an entity.
Speaker 2: You know, as I said, the tradition and the controversial around this, but the you know, with my perceptions. So what I've realized is the traditionally if we look at the corporates that have a tradition of golf, so oftentimes now based on the empowerment women are literally in big corporates holding key positions. For example, the marketing. You find that the marketing executive in a particular company doesn't necessarily play golf. When they look at the golf, they see golf as an environment where people who play golf are reach so they don't have to put their CSI projects around golf. But when you look at a lot of social golfers, they play golf for social cohesion, so they raise money to put that part. So in your perspective, what is it that you think we need to do to really educate the people to get golf closer to the people I mean from our side, there's a media that is driving the growth of the game. There's only enough that you can do. But in your perspective, what do you think we should probably do to really engage the people who might not necessarily know anything about golf, but they will be sitting on those budgets to say way, I mean, they support different types of sports, they support education, but when it comes to their view around golf, they say, well, why should we support the golf because people who are playing golf already have money, but they don't really see the way that the golfers are doing behind it. Social golfast golf itself where they go there, do the charity work and then contribute for for social coersion.
Speaker 3: I mean, social careasion is obviously very important, and I think you know, it's not for us to tell corporates where they need to spend their money. But you know, if I the only thing that I can say to corporates is, you know, if you if you want to if you want to get people to understand golf, you've actually got to come and play the game before you actually have to sort of have an opinion about it, because it really is such a great game. Everybody loves it. It It sounds intimidating and it looks like it's rich people that that that play the sport, but it's essentially it's not. I mean, there's such a wide variety of golf facilities within South Africa that can cater to anybody within any range of economic sphere. So so for me, you know, it's always difficult to get corporates to come together to some sort of main cause, but I think a lot of them also have their own interests. But the only thing that I can say to corporate South Africa is that you know, if you want to if you want to spend an afternoon out with your staff and the office, there's no better way just to bring them down to a golf course. Search and look for the nearest PJA professional close to you and let them do a clinic for whomever is there. You know, if it's a clinic for ten people or fifteen people, put them down, tell them a little bit about golf, the rules. It's not as intimidating as people think, but yeah, it is challenging. I think we're also in a challenging economic environment and people are looking at spending their money correctly. According to what they need to spend it to. So you know, they also look at a different sort of return on investments. But you know, sometimes the return on investments also just creating something at us, at a place for people. You know, the golf club is a community and if you can help that community to thrive, it also helps your brand at the end of the.
Speaker 2: Day, No, thank you for that, did you sow? I mean, we come into our confusion over show. So, but I just want to get this. As a CEO of the PGA, you play a major role in shaping Gold's future. What legacy do you hope to leave behind in the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know, legacy is such a big word. I'm not I'm not really you know, I'm not really into those leaving legacies behind. I think I think if you do what you need to do, you leave a footprint behind for somebody else to take over and move on. I don't think there's a specifically legacy that I'm searching to do. I mean, we as the PGA and the body of professionals within South Africa, we're just looking to grow the game of golf and let people enjoy the game of golf. So I think if we can do that as a as an association and I can be a little bit of a part of that, I mean, that would be that would be great. So I don't I'm not begging to leaving legacies behind. It's you know, I know a lot of people want to do that, but it's not something I personally want to do. If it comes with a territory after I've left, that's great, but it's not something that I'm that I'm striving towards. I'm striving towards making our members understand that we grow the game of golf through you know, getting the amateurs to play better golf, them joining golf clubs, and then letting the whole community thrive. I mean, that's, at the end of the day, what we want. So I don't know if that answered your question, but yeah, that's ultimately what I think I would want to do when I leave here one day.
Speaker 2: No, No, definitely, I mean thank you for for for for that insight. I mean, I know that trick. You are very busy individual to really make sure that our game grows. So any advice would like to live with our audience, the young players of the amateurs, beginners and and those that wish to start playing the game and all those things. So just the fun facts around around the game.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't I don't think there's too much to say. I mean, all I'm going to say to everybody that's to join. You know, if you want to join a journey to become part of the golfing community in terms of getting people to play better golf, so become a PGA professional, You're more welcome to go to our website and go and have a look at at the educational side of things, which is www dot pg A dot do z. And if you want to start a journey on that direction, we would love to have you pease engage with us. But then just from from another side, from the beginning that doesn't play, even just a normal amateur. I mean, I invite you go down to your local golf facility, look for your nearest pg professional, have a chat to them, get them to to take you out and you know, get get get a little bit of practice and see what golf is all about. They will give you the best advice. And that's kind of the only advice I can give people. I mean, they have to go look for your nearest PG Professional and just go and visit them.
Speaker 2: Didrick, thank you very much for your time. Ladies and gentlemen you had today we had Dittri, who is the CEO, the new c of PGA. This is the man who is going to make sure and help us understand a bit more of golf. Ditrick, thank you so much for the work that you guys are doing at the PGA. Please keep on doing their good wik so that we can clode the game to get more amateurs, to get more players and getting more members to quote the sport that.
Speaker 3: We love perfect. Thanks you, thanks for having us and we hope to see you on the fairways at some point.
Speaker 2: No, no, definitely no, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you everyone, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bye bye