Speaker 1: By Thornton's on Sports Talk seven ninety. Holy crap, I don't know who the hell we think when we.
Speaker 2: Are get off our show, idiots, The kids are crying or turning off.
Speaker 1: The countries are screwing it up. Gold Play Inner.
Speaker 2: Murals, Brother, gold Play Inner Murals.
Speaker 1: They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not. Who's the kid here? Who's the kid here?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Here's Nick Coffee?
Speaker 4: All right, let's get it started.
Speaker 5: Happy hump Day. Welcome in Coffee and company. We are fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. Appreciate you hanging out with us as we get the party started.
Speaker 4: My name is Nick Coffee.
Speaker 5: Austin Montgomery, the travel chief alongside today Full Show. So the Bats already got their game out of the way. They played early this morning. And I don't remember having cool field trips when I was in school where we would, you know, miss a day of class to go to a Bats game.
Speaker 4: But that's the thing, and I'm jealous. So yeah, I was kids Day today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hopefully the hopefully the kiddos enjoyed themselves some Louisville Bats baseball out there at Slugger Field.
Speaker 4: So did they win? Do you know? Or because I wasn't paying attention? Look at me? Oh yeah, No.
Speaker 5: I feel like more often than not when I do, you know, well, I when I do. When I see a result for the Bats, lately, I feel like it's been a win. But I you know, maybe that's just maybe that's just me paying more attention when they do get the dub.
Speaker 6: Yeah they won yesterday, and uh, they're they're kind of hanging around. Yes, they one today too, set six y five yep, six' five Guys omaha is really not all that. Great they're in our. Division but you, Know louisville is they're climbing back. UP i think they're like two or three games out of the lead right. Now they're kind of hanging around the five hundred. Area but that's. Good that's not what we're used to usually when we're Talking Louisville, bats.
Speaker 5: Exactly i've been talking out of my ass a lot lately because you, Know derby just.
Speaker 4: Happened i've been trying not.
Speaker 5: To but you know WHAT i really have a tough time with is WHEN i get out there and just start sharing, opinions and you, KNOW i guess in my own, HEAD i, realize you, know this is not Something i'm really knowledgeable.
Speaker 4: Of, oh you're horse, racing so that's how it. Is horse.
Speaker 5: Racing but With Louisville bat's, baseball that's kind of the same thing as, well just BECAUSE i don't keep up with them a, lot BUT i do feel comfortable in saying the fact that right now they have an eighteen and sixteen, record eight winning, record two games above five, hundred that feels really. RARE i, mean, again Maybe i'm wrong, here but they're winning more seemingly this year than they typically, do which is. GOOD i, mean could it be because they have their games back with us At Sports talk seven, NINETY i want to, SAY i, mean, look that's what everybody's. Saying we can't just ignore, it you know WHAT i. Mean if it's our job to talk about what the people are talking, about and that's what the people have been talking. About that and THE dj that's been bringing some winning vibes through the, speakers that's right.
Speaker 4: THERE i have such a blast doing.
Speaker 6: It and of course you have to and and and it's funny BECAUSE i, mean you, obviously like don't want to make fun of like the other.
Speaker 4: Team you want to keep it, respectful but we do HAVE i love, it that's What i'm.
Speaker 6: Saying but you, know the powers that be make us want to be Respect baseball is a game of like, respect right.
Speaker 4: Class it's it's very.
Speaker 6: Much class, gamesmanship kind of just like how when we talk about like horse racing.
Speaker 4: And uh what what's the other? Golf, yes so it's definitely a hint of you, know.
Speaker 5: Classy, UH i guess that's the best word to.
Speaker 4: Use you can say old, school, pure the purests of the. SPORT i get it.
Speaker 6: Totally there's some funny on the board over. There there's some funny sounder for when the opposing team messes, up you, know like The nelson ha ha when he's pointing out it's always a fun one when an error.
Speaker 4: Happens and and.
Speaker 6: That's that's a little bit lighthearted where everybody seems to get a kick out of. It BUT i have a good. Time bats are bats are. Rolling it's it's the vibes out, there so come see. Me put give me some request if you guys want to hear something at the bad, STAGE.
Speaker 5: I, mean you show off enough from three to six here with the tunes you bring us in and out to and then you and then you, know then some nights you're in, it you end up at slug or field doing the same.
Speaker 4: Thing, absolutely it's fun, time good, stuff all. Right so, look let's just get right to.
Speaker 5: It we are in Early may, here and yet we've got a big basketball thing to discuss. TODAY i, MEAN i wouldn't call it like a big story or a big, development but it's certainly a big deal around. Here and that's When louisville And kentucky play each other in. Basketball it is one of those days WHERE i feel like a lot of FOLKS i was going to say the, majority AND i feel like that's, true but Maybe i'm way. Off SOMETIMES i just get so wrapped up, in you, know my own. World BUT i know it's not just. ME a lot of people, are especially those that are probably listening to this right now rather it's live or on. Podcasts like you, know if you're a diehard, fan you know clearly you understand the rivalry and it's a big. Deal but you, know a lot of, Us i'll just say that the world kind of stops when these two teams playing.
Speaker 4: Basketball it's it's it's it's it's a big, day big. Game we all know.
Speaker 3: That so.
Speaker 5: To hear this morning that the game will take place this upcoming season On, Tuesday november, eleventh that has a lot of, PEOPLE i guess just. Feeling some are angry about. IT i, MEAN i haven't heard from, anybody And i'm sure if, we you, know if we we looked hard, enough we'd find somebody that does like it and prefer.
Speaker 4: It but it's just. Weird it's.
Speaker 5: Awkward it's the earliest that these two teams will have ever played each, other and in, fact it's only the second time they've played in the month Of. November they played in nineteen ninety three On november twenty. Seventh so you, know just knowing that the two teams are going to play in basketball before they play in football just doesn't feel. RIGHT i, mean it's going to feel. SURREAL i think the lead up is going to be. Awkward your work day might be really. Odd but here's WHAT i feel very confident in, saying they're gonna tip this thing off and nothing else will. Matter we'll all be completely consumed by the, moment because that's usually how it. WORKS i, mean they could play this thing at two am on A, wednesday and we'd watch and be completely locked in because that's just what this game. Does it kind of feels like everything else. STOPS i, MEAN i know there are people that truly don't, care meaning like there are people who aren't into the, rivalry that aren't really into, sports and they may know of the game happening because of coverage that you hear. ABOUT i, mean it's one of those things that even you, know the news stations in town rather it be our LOCAL tv stations or you, know like even news radio eight forty whs down the, hall obviously they cover, sports but like it'll be a heavy day of uku of l because like it's just it's what we do around.
Speaker 4: Here it's a big part of our. Culture so you, KNOW.
Speaker 5: I just Cannot and, again we'll get we'll get into the THE i guess pros cons of this early, meeting but LIKE i don't know many that THAT i would consider, acquaintance, FRIEND i, mean, colleague really just ANYBODY i know much any level that like isn't end to win this game. PLAYS i, mean, again it's probably me just being so consumed and wrapped in my own world and in my own. Bubble but that's a that's a random, day Right, Tuesday november, eleventh And i'm sure the game will be at either seven or, eight maybe nine, O'CLOCK i don't, know and it'll be on one of THE espn stations because in, FACT i think moving forward there are always going to be on one of those stations because of both schools conference affiliation WITH. Espn but, Yeah november, eleventh it'll there's probably people today that have decided to go ahead and put in a vacation day, request maybe SOME pto if you've got it for that, day or maybe the day.
Speaker 4: After so you, know WHEN i heard, IT i, thought, okay you, know not.
Speaker 5: Ideal IF i had to, CHOOSE i certainly wouldn't have Picked, Tuesday november the, Eleventh but it is what it. Is AND i, know, again AS i, mentioned doesn't matter anytime any place they schedule this. Game it's gonna be a big deal and we're going, to you, know probably be lunatics about. It, Austin i'm assuming you've heard you had heard that bye by, NOW i didn't break that news to, you, Right.
Speaker 4: No, no, NO i saw it like right as soon as it came. Out what was your first reaction gross or a little. Bit that's before the football.
Speaker 5: GAME i mean that that's again that's WHAT i said a moment ago THAT i genuinely like. That that's what just makes it seem so, surreal is that to know that they're going to play each other in.
Speaker 4: Basketball before they play in. Football it just feels. Weird but you, KNOW.
Speaker 5: I feel like there Are and AGAIN i keep, SAYING i keep throwing things out there as If i'm not just speaking for, myself when REALLY i can only speak for me my own. Self but when that game is competitive and it's and it's, close and you know you're ABOUT i don't know seventy five percent through, it and you really don't know which team's going to be able to get it done like that lead, up you could tell me it's nineteen forty, five AND i would believe, you just because Like i'm, so it's it's it just consumes me in a way that really can't be.
Speaker 4: HEALTHY i, mean it can't be something.
Speaker 5: That is that is good for my life, expectancy but it is what it.
Speaker 6: Is tell you, what, selfishly WHEN i first saw that that's coming out on when it's a literally middle Of november game was kind of relieved BECAUSE i was, Worried i'm going to be getting Married december, twentieth so like that's USUALLY i figured one hundred, PERCENT i thought we avoided all the football games and not want to get married on a college Football, saturday AND i completely forgot, About oh, gosh that's usually when LIKE u OF l AND uk, Play SO i was kind of worried about. That and looks, like looks LIKE i don't have to looks LIKE i don't have to put THE tv up at the.
Speaker 5: Wedding, now, YEAH I i, Mean i'm just trying to think about because this isn't the first time they've played on a. Weekday in, fact they've done that now, TWICE i.
Speaker 4: Believe, yeah they. Played last time we beat, them it was on a. Weekday yeah it was two. Thousand, well, no that wasn't the last.
Speaker 6: Time the last, Time yeah that Was Downovan, Mitchell dangandell yeah, Team and.
Speaker 5: That felt really weird because that was the first time THAT i can think, of like in my lifetime where they weren't playing on A. SATURDAY i think it was also on A. Tuesday it was also at the and those were two really good, teams by the, way and And rick his last year, here he got. It that was a that Was do you remember who was the star.
Speaker 4: Of that game for The Louisville Quentin. Snyder that's.
Speaker 5: Right put Bam otebaio on, skates and REALLY i don't REMEMBER q had his. Moment you, KNOW q had a really good career At, louisville certainly not like all time, great played for good, teams was a good player throughout his entire, career and again played for some good. Teams his, NUMBERS i, mean he a thousand point. Scorer but you, know let's be, REAL i think a lot of people when they think of, him they're probably gonna think about that moment because it, was you, know we we we.
Speaker 4: Hadn't had many. Wins let's just be.
Speaker 5: Real we haven't had many wins Against kentucky and, basketball and that was that was of course a big one and he had a, big big role in.
Speaker 6: It so he got like the little belt that they get from THE. Mvp, Right, yeah that's that's. Right and that.
Speaker 5: Team That kentucky, HAD i think that Was cal's last really really really good. TEAM i think if they don't lose To North carolina on that buzzer beater in the elate, eight they probably win it all, because, yeah that duo Of fox And monk was really really.
Speaker 6: Tough and Remember monk was just coming off like a forty point game against Like North. Carolina, yeah went, Nuts Malik. Monk me he's still in the.
Speaker 5: League he had a rough start then he kind of then he kind of got it rolling and AND i think he's on a decent deal now with The Sacramento. Kings but like he was insanely good AT uk like he was he was he was a. Killer, Yeah like he was one of those guys that like when he had the, BALL i just felt like we were in. Trouble and WHEN i say, WE i mean like anybody playing Against. Kentucky so, yeah we got him. Then and then obviously the last one was In coke was when they played in The Freedom hall when or not for Them, hall but the Um center whenever there was you, know twenty five hundred people, there THE covid game with Car league and those. Guys that was the Year kentucky was really really. Bad, yeah And louisville of course was the first team left out of the. Tournament so then they PLAYED i MEAN i guess that was the. First, yeah the first game of The kenny maybe was the second. GAME i genuinely don't, Remember, kay it was the. Second So kenny was here two. Years the first time they, PLAYED i think it was on A, saturday but it is a real. Blur and then when they played in that you, know it was also a weak. Night and that was when the lead up to, IT kp said that he hopes to just win by one, point despite Knowing cow wants to beat him by a. Billion he mocked and, laughed could not contain his laughter when somebody asked about how you Know louisville can take steps to maybe being competitive With, kentucky and you, know he acted as if that's just unheard of because nobody could ever do.
Speaker 4: THAT i, mean did you see those All americans out?
Speaker 5: There there are things that like it's not certainly not worth getting into today and probably never because who would want to do. It BUT i swear to you there are some things that if we did like a full like recap of just not the whole, thing but just moments where we were, like wait a, second is this? Real like did you wouldn't like looking, BACK i don't think we'd believe. It we would think that there's no way that actually, happened but it. Did so it's been a real blur in recent years just because you, Know louisville's been pretty. LIFELESS i, mean they didn't play them in the TWENTY i guess it Was max last. Year, yeah they didn't play, them and that was because OF covid. Tests and then after, that of course it was you KNOW kp twice and then you, know now P k gave him a good game In. LEXINGTON i, mean that was a pretty good showing against a good team on their home, floor and you, know that was one of those moments Where LOUISVILLE i think started to show despite the, record like they can compete with really good. Teams now winning against those good teams is a little bit more. Difficult but, yeah this, year and we'll get into this coming up on the other, side BECAUSE i think it's you, know it's tough to, know but.
Speaker 4: That's what we, do right talk college basketball year.
Speaker 5: Round and now we know the day those two teams are going to, play and we're just guessing at this, point, SPECULATING i should, say as far as who this might benefit more and who it might hurt more as far as this game being as early as it, is so we can get into that, also a loaded show throughout these next two hours and forty five.
Speaker 4: MINUTES i, mean how about My pacers last?
Speaker 5: Night that was, Insanity AND i think there are some numbers that will make you realize that if you watch that, live you witness something That And i'm not just saying this because it's My, pacers but like that was one of the craziest come from behind victories you'll ever see as far as like everything that took.
Speaker 4: Place, OH i turned it.
Speaker 5: Off, OH i MEAN i had just turned it on When Nie smith got the follow up dunk for The pacers and they reviewed it to see if it was. Goaltending so at that point they reviewed it counted the basket put him down. Seven SO i literally locked in as soon as the magic, happened AND i was in disbelief after the fact THAT i think everybody clearly In cleveland was as. WELL i, mean that was that was, Insane so we can get into that. ALSO i didn't realize. It this is A it's one of those things Where i'm just, happy very happy that my wife takes care of. Me kind of Like i'm you, know Like i'm her kid as far as just you, know grown up responsibilities THINGS i would procrastinate about she gets.
Speaker 4: Done i've been.
Speaker 5: Thinking, like all, right, WELL i GUESS i got to figure out WHAT i need to do to make an appointment to get one of these real. IDs WHEREAS i didn't know, it But i've actually had a REAL id for a while. Now oh, Wow SO i these things shouldn't fascinate me because you, know it's unfortunate that that it's been an inconvenience for, folks and that the state Of kentucky is having a tough time getting this, thing you, know get making it to where people can actually get this. Done everybody wants to get it, done and you, know it sounds as if it's just been a real train. Wreck BUT i do have some you, know somebody just want to get to a little bit later when it comes to that kind of. Stuff, also it sounds Like Tyler shuck like might just flat out be the starting quarterback for The saints this year Because Derek carr has confirmed, that like the whole season for him because of his shoulder is in. Jeopardy, now we'll see how it shakes, out but, like you don't draft a guy in the second round and sit him behind backups Like Spencer rattler and whoever else it, is knowing that those guys already had to play for it Injured Derek, carr and you didn't win any. GAMES i, MEAN i shouldn't say they didn't win any, games but like they know what they have on the roster Without shuck when cars, hurt and like it didn't the.
Speaker 4: Answer so that's exciting to.
Speaker 5: ME i, MEAN i, mean if that's the way it plays, out who knows how much success The saints And shuck, have but like that's the perfect scenario for him in this draft to have, fallen you, know but to a team that you know isn't terrible but like has some decent, pieces has a new head, coach so we can get into. That and Then James scott has picked a. School i'm not sure if you guys have seen. That it was not one that had been discussed a whole, lot but we'll certainly talk about. That and then last but not, LEAST i say that there's a lot of other things we'll get, into but as far as WHAT i want to at least throw out there here in our first, segment THE acc HAS i guess confirmed they're going to make it change to THE acc basketball, schedule meaning no longer having twenty games per conference. Schedule they're going to go to. Eighteen but in TYPICAL acc, fashion the decision they decided, to you, know to make as far as how they're gonna change it, up is really, really really stupid and it makes no. Sense BUT i, MEAN i don't feel like THE acc has done much recently in basketball as far as results and JUST i, guess you, know decisions that have that have been a good. Look but we can get into that in a lot. More if you want to take us with you wherever you, go you can certainly do. That listen live on The iHeart radio. App also listen live at seven to Ninety louisville dot. Com and if you want to join us on the, show you can ellen And Federal Credit union tex line five four three eight ninety seventy three and we will open up the phone. Lines i'm curious to get your. Thoughts you like, it do you hate? It are you in? Between do you think it favors your team or hurts your? Team And i'm talking about the change to The Louisville kentucky basketball.
Speaker 4: Game we found that earlier.
Speaker 5: Today it's set For november, eleventh which will likely make it the second or third game of the season for both these, teams which again is just kind of. Weird but they could play it tomorrow and when we get to tip, off we'll all just be completely consumed by it because we're lunatics for this rivalry. Game all, right keep it lock right. Here It's coffee And. Company phil About thorton's On Sports talk seven.
Speaker 2: Ninety now back To coffee And, company fueled By thornton's On Sports talk seven nine.
Speaker 5: Day coming up here at about three forty, Five we're gonna check in with our Man Jeff milby From Racing louisville And Louisville CITY. FC i know they've got themselves a big game coming up tonight and he'll join us to talk about. That lucid is Who i'm referring, to So jeff will join, us coming up here. Shortly it Is coffee And. Company we are fueled Bout thornton's here On Sports talk seven. Ninety don't forget plenty of reasons to stop in at one of the Many kentucky and At thornton's. Locations and one of those reasons is because right now you can get the five dollars meal, deal two hot, dogs and a thirty two ounce fountain drink for just five. Bucks, also you can get Three coca, colas so for five point fifty you can get three twenty Ounce Coca cola. Bottles so again that may not sound like a, big big, deal but again go compare the retail price the average retail price. Elsewhere they're they're hooking you, up so take. Advantage as, always we are fueled By. Thornton so the decision to move the game the annual Louis kentucky basketball game this early in the, season a couple of questions that came in on the text line really were the same question as.
Speaker 4: To why they would do.
Speaker 5: THIS i don't, know but there had been some rumors that this was under, consideration AND i, MEAN i think it's It's louisville's year to. Host, therefore maybe they are more so in the driver's seat as far as when it's. Played but you do have to kind of work with one another to make sure it's a date that works for, both, Right i'm sure maybe one of the reasons why it hasn't been on A saturday in years past was because it just they had to put it in a certain spot because of.
Speaker 4: Scheduling but, also you, know this, YEAR i will, say.
Speaker 5: And AGAIN i don't want to act Like i've been behind the scenes getting updates on the date they were looking. At but it didn't sound like this was forced because they had to do. IT i think it was something That louisville wanted to do and or at, least you, know was okay with. Doing AND i Guess kentucky was as.
Speaker 4: Well BUT i get.
Speaker 5: It you, know if you're somebody that it's a big day for you on A, saturday maybe you have a watch, party you, know maybe you don't like the thought of you, know like maybe you know you're going to be very unproductive at work that day because it's going to be on your. Mind LIKE i, Understand but AS i said, earlier AND i think if you give it some, thought you'd probably. Agree we all probably have certain dates times we would prefer this game to be. Played but whenever it's, played we're going to be we're gonna.
Speaker 4: Be ready to lock.
Speaker 5: In BECAUSE i don't think we know how not to be you, know overly into this game and just you, know completely absorbed by. It one thing THAT i just thought.
Speaker 4: Of that could have been a.
Speaker 5: Factor And i'm Again i'm just you, know speculating here the like maybe this is now when the game's going to be, played like every, year BECAUSE i think what you're going to see is moving forward when you get a little bit later Into, november like you, know really Around, thanksgiving a little bit Before, thanksgiving maybe right After, thanksgiving like that stretch of you, know because you get sometimes you can get some conference games that take place like In, december like THE acc in The Big, TEN i, know would have those two random games that take place before you To.
Speaker 4: January but that event that is going to.
Speaker 5: Take, PLACE i think for the first time this, year it's basically one of those multi team. Tournaments that IS i, mean it's not LIKE i can't think OF. Mte is that what they called a multi team? EVENT i guess because that's what you had to do whenever we were trying to get games on the schedule DURING. Covid but there's an nil event that's going to take place In. Vegas that has led to certain teams like opting out of The Maui, invitational The battle For, atlantis like these Prestigious thanksgiving time tournaments that usually feature loaded fields with you, know three straight days of you playing really really good.
Speaker 4: Teams there are certain teams.
Speaker 5: That have dropped out of those because they, realize you, know, hey if we can get into a tournament where there's direct inil money set for our players and even more if they, win that will help us get more players to come and play for, us like having you having a spot in that.
Speaker 4: Tournament And i'll get the name of.
Speaker 5: IT i just and this may, not this may not have anything to do with, it but What i'm getting at IS i think there'll be more of. THOSE i think you'll, see you'll see and who, knows maybe maybe the events Like battle For atlantis Or Maui, invitational or you, KNOW i feel like there's Others i'm blanking. On but either, way like The Baja mar which, is you, Know louisville won The Baja Mar classic The Baja. Bullies remember that that was a while, time.
Speaker 4: Right, at one of the coolest.
Speaker 5: Trophies so if you you, know maybe those events find a way to round up money to where there's an nil and centive for teams to, participate and of course a bigger nil and senate if you, win because if, not teams are going to try to get in those tournaments because it'll just give them another advantage when it comes to recruiting. Players, hey we've got this nil situation set up for. You here's how much money you're gonna. Make and, also we play in this, tournament that's going to give you an added, payday maybe even a bigger payday if if we. Win so Maybe kentucky And louisville meaning Mar pope And Pat, kelsey you, know they realize this game is always going to be. Played maybe they just want to get it out of the way and know that it's going to be early every year because.
Speaker 4: Once you get To.
Speaker 5: NOVEMBER i, mean, look you could see teams play in like two of, these, right because, again if it's a chance to get IN il, money that's that's that's what you. WANT i mean that that keeps you from having to round up the money. YOURSELF i, mean you do need to have enough home games in the non conference portion of your schedule because you know those are usually, paydays, Right those are games where you you know you open up your doors and you make. Money if you're playing a bunch of neutral site, games you know you're probably you, know there's no there's no tickets to be sold for a. Game so, again just real, quick there's really no way to know for sure who benefits and who. Doesn't more, so in this game being played as early as it, Is i'll start With. LOUISVILLE i, mean when it comes to a, POSITIVE i guess you could, say BUT i guess we start with home, court home court.
Speaker 4: Advantage, Right they're gonna be at, home so maybe it you.
Speaker 5: Know and also but when it comes to the, players it's probably gonna be like an annual thing where each side will have very few players that have any like experience in this rivalry because guys just don't stick around that long.
Speaker 4: ANYMORE i, mean for, example.
Speaker 5: You'll Have Javon hadley back For, Louisville Canai ru's Back cason although he didn't play in this, game he was here last. Year and then some guys who sat out that were hurt that you, know didn't, play Like kobe And, Khalifa so you know you'll have Some but LIKE i, think it being, early like as much as it feels weird to, us because as long as we've been, alive we just we just when we think of this game and we envision the next one coming up on the, schedule we just think about A, saturday.
Speaker 4: Right that's probably what we've always.
Speaker 5: Done other than the hand you, know the handful of games here and there that have been on a different. Day these players don't, care like they're not like this is all new to, Them like they're not going to be overly thinking. It but if they, were you, know maybe they'll be a little more comfortable because they're on their home. Floor AND i would say another positive For louisville is that they've got. VETERANS i, mean you've Got Jamon, hadley who's going to, BE i, believe a six year. Senior same thing For Cason. PRYOR i, mean two of the guys you bring in are certainly. Experienced McNeely From. Virginia and THEN i don't know WHY i keep forgetting the guard's name From, xavier who may end up Being louisville's best player this. Year for some, REASON i just Completely, ryan is It? Conwell, yes, yes it doesn't sound is that, right con, Yeah, Conwell, conwell, yeah always FOR i Know, ryan for some, REASON i just want to always want to instead Of. CONWELL i feel Like i've got his, name but Anytime i'm about to say, It i'm, like well that doesn't sound.
Speaker 4: RIGHT i always want to say Like cronwell for whatever. Reason so you know you've got experience, there.
Speaker 5: AND i guess you know you should still be, healthy, Right like you know you will only have played, one maybe two games to where you won't really have to worry about LIKE i, MEAN i guess it could, happen but like it's. Not you, know you won't have thirteen games under your belt to where you've had two guys get injured like you did last. YEAR i, MEAN i guess an injury could happen in any, moment and you do have guys coming off of an, injury But caseen will be if, anything may be, rusty but like he'll be one hundred. Percent Ali khalifa's been. HEALTHY i, mean in, fact you know he really benefited from sitting out the entire year BECAUSE i think he's actually probably BEEN i, mean the plan was always for him to sit out as long as he, did and if you've seen him, LATELY i think it's for good, reason because he's completely transformed his, body he's recovered from. Surgery so you know that those are the pros For, Louisville AND i guess like the cons that might have you concern is that you really don't know a lot about your team. Yet if You're Pat kelcey and every you, know you're still getting. Acclimated like WHEN i think of The tennessee game last, year Clearly louisville just you, know wasn't as good As tennessee when that game was. Played but a big factor in that was, that Like louisville was still clearly just trying to figure each other. Out so maybe that could be a potential. Concern but you also can say the same exact thing About. Kentucky, Right so like some of the issues that you would worry about For, LOUISVILLE i think you'd worry about the same thing if You're. Kentucky and the things that you feel good, about, Meaning, okay this isn't this is an ideal to have this big of a, challenge this big of a matchup early on in the, season but you, know at least we've got. Vets, well they can say the same THING i mean With oway coming, back AND i Mean, aberdeen who's a. VETERAN i mean he's played a bunch of, basketball although more so in a backup. Role he's still a. Veteran the young man From pittsburgh whose NAME i always. FORGET i Know i've said this here and there over the. Years i'm not kidding. You there's nothing THAT i have rapidly become really really bad at than remembering. Names AND i used to be good at, it LIKE i used to be considered a guy LIKE i would consider Myself i'll remember names better than the vast majority of. People NOW i blank on like. PEOPLE i know it's IT'S i don't know WHAT i don't know what's. HAPPENING i, MEAN i don't know what it. Is but, anyways is It Loale, llewell the guy who transferred from Pitt you're supposed to know this stuff WHEN i don't know At Austin.
Speaker 4: Low right Low, Low, Yes Jalen.
Speaker 5: Low you get Like i'm not LIKE I i've probably said that name fifty times in the last two, months and it just completely is completely wasn't there in my. BRAIN i don't know what's going, on and you get my head. Checked so he's also a. Veteran so, again when you when you think about like both both teams will be relying on freshman to a certain. Extent kentucky Has johnson And, moreno but honestly those, guys LIKE i Know kentucky Wants Jasper johnson is starred because he's a five star and he's From, kentucky but, like Don't Mark pope isn't going to force it if he's not the guy that makes them best right, Away he'll come off the, bench and that's.
Speaker 4: The way it should. Be So louisville will.
Speaker 5: Rely on, freshman BUT i guess more than, anything they'll mean their point. Guard so maybe maybe maybe that is another potential concern For louisville is that they may be a little bit more reliant upon a freshman that early Than kentucky because by all, Accounts Mickel Brown junior is gonna run the show for it you and be your point. Guard, NOW i guess one area Where kentucky would be concerned about this game being so, early where louisvill wouldn't have to be worried is the injury situation With Jaden quainton's because right, NOW i MEAN i don't think there's a scenario he's even cleared to play in that game at that. POINT i could be, wrong BUT i, mean he suffered a torn acl at the end Of february Early, march one of those, two so, LIKE i feel like he probably would just be getting around to LIKE i mean, again if he's able to, play it would probably be like day of they find. OUT i, mean and if he hadn't played, MUCH i, mean do you really want to throw him out?
Speaker 4: There so, AGAIN i think.
Speaker 5: The things you feel worried about about your, team the other team's probably in the same, situation and things that would make you feel confident about this type of matchup being so early in the, SEASON i think the other the, opponent would probably say the same thing as. Well so, AGAIN I i'm not surprised there's so much complaining about. IT i really am, not just because you, know it's not, ideal it's not what we're used, to and it's just gonna feel. Awkward BUT i, mean there's clearly no changing. It, therefore as soon AS i saw, it you, know within a, Second i'm, thinking, okay well.
Speaker 4: Whatever play.
Speaker 5: Whenever i'll be a lunatic And i'll Have i'll have a panic attack leading up to the, Game i'm, sure And i'll have to remind. Myself you, Know, nick you shouldn't be this insane about this. Stuff you, know it doesn't it shouldn't impact your you, know your well being the.
Speaker 4: Way that it.
Speaker 5: Does all, right quick, break we'll come back on the other side and bring in Mister Jeff milby from LU cityfc And Racing louisville get his thoughts on tonight's big game they've got over there At Lynn Family, Stadium so stick. Around we'll take you up till six. O'clock it's coffee And, company and we are feel About thornton's right here On Sports talk seven.
Speaker 2: Ninety now back to coffee And company fueled By thornton's On Sports talk seven nine.
Speaker 5: Day that's, right coffee and company rolling along here on A wednesday, afternoon and let's bring him, in the one and only Mister Jeff milby From Racing louisville And Louisville CITY. Fc how are the, vibes my? Man we've got AN mls team coming to. Town i'm sure they're already here, now but, big big evening tonight At Lynn Family. Stadium how we, Feeling, Jeff.
Speaker 3: Nick i'm hyped, up, MAN i am fired. Up i'm ready to. Go this is going to be a fun night out At Lynn Family. Stadium as you, MENTIONED mls in, Town Major League soccer In, town And lucity with a chance to pull off an upset that we're all going to be talking about all season. Long Minnesota united is the name of the team that is here From Major League. Soccer there in second place in The Western, conference so they're a good team in that. League games at seven point thirty tonight At Lynn Family stadium in THE Us Open. Cup that's the national tournament open to, everybody pro, TEAMS mlsusl all the way down to amateur. Teams one of the most slept on events in all of sports every, year one of the best soccer events every single. Season AND i tell you, What, nick While i'm on with you right, NOW i was talking To austin a minute. Ago you guys have a text line or, something don't. You i'm gonna give away tickets to somebody who texts. In if you're okay with, IT i know it's your.
Speaker 4: Show we love to get you. Stuff here's the.
Speaker 3: Deal i'm gonna make it easy for anybody out there. LISTENING i know that you, know you guys don't necessarily talk a lot Of Loo city on your, Show So i'll make it. Easy name a Low city. Player first person to text in and name a player on the current Lou city, Team i'm gonna send you a couple of.
Speaker 4: Tickets there you, go that work for. You, yeah that's.
Speaker 5: Right The ellen And Federal Credit union text line IS fabo two four three eight ninety seventy. Three so first person to text in a name of a, Player i'll get your number, two Mister, milby and you'll be.
Speaker 4: In you'll you'll be winning tickets tonight for the big. Matchup good.
Speaker 3: Stuff, yeah it's, look it's gonna be a fun. Night we're not gonna have a full house, tonight but it's gonna be one to the die hards. Tonight we're expecting five or six thousand, fans hopefully more if the weather stays, nice and it'll be allowed atmosphere because the folks that are shown up tonight really are plugged in and care deeply about this. Thing and this is a great opportunity For lucity to pull off an. Upset and you, know by the, Way, NICK i would be remiss IF i didn't Mention Lynn Family. Stadium it is the best outdoor bar in the city Of louisville because we've got that two dollars happy hour coming up at six o'clock against the seven point thirty when the gates, open two dollars, beers two Dollars pepsi. Products the best outdoor bar in the city Of louisville Is Lynn Family. Stadium and guess what you get some live soccer afterwards against AN mls. Team it's going to be a, really really memorable. Night should be a fun. Game LIKE i, Mentioned, minnesota a good team in THE. Mls, yeah Lou city obviously the best team in THE. Usl there the only undefeated team in THE. Usl and how about, This, nick here's a fun stat for. You there are ninety seven professional men's soccer teams in The United states Of. America ninety seven Between Major League, soccer THE Usl, CHAMPIONSHIP Usl League, one AND Mls Next, pro which is like THE mls reserve. Leaue ninety seven teams that are only two two in the entire country that have yet to take a loss in twenty twenty five and Lou city is one of. Them Your Louisville city two out of ninety seven teams In america that has unbeaten to this point in twenty twenty. Five so it's a team worth coming out to see tonight as they take On.
Speaker 5: Minnesota so for those who are like myself That i'm so intrigued by the fact that you even have a chance to play AN mls, TEAM i know This with THIS Us Open, cup it gives you chances for these type of matchups to. Occur how often does it. Happen i'm assuming it's, rare BUT i know it has happened BEFORE mls teams losing two teams that, are you, know from a lower level.
Speaker 3: League it happens once or twice every year in this, tournament and Lou city's been able to do it one. Time this will be the eighth time that Lou city has played AN mls team in THIS Us Open, cup and they're one in six in their previous previous matchups WITH. Mls back in twenty, eighteen they beat The New England revolution three to. Two again that has played AT u Of Lvelyn stadium before Our Lynn Family stadium was. Built that's the one time the Lou city has been able to get the better of AN mls. Team they're relatively rare, upsets but they do happen in this, tournament which is what makes it so. Fun and a couple of years, ago twenty twenty, two we had A usl Team. Sacramento they made a run all the way to the title game of this tournament and lost To, orlando AN mls. Team so it's a tournament, that LIKE i told you a couple of weeks, ago it's got THAT ncaa tournament. Feel you got The david Versus goliath kind of matchup where A usl team in the second division can take on one of the big boys FROM. Mls and by the, way about this game, tonight it could be a trap game From. Minnesota i'll tell you why they're Playing miami on the. Weekend Lion O messi plays For. Miami you know they're focused on that. Game so they're gonna come here tonight potentially Overlooking Louisville. City and this is a low city team, that like everybody should know by, now is quality is really. Good they do nothing but, win and they'll be ready for this one. Tonight so they've got a real, OPPORTUNITY i think a golden opportunity tonight to pull off that upset against AN mls team for just a second time in team.
Speaker 5: History answered my next question a little bit BECAUSE i was, thinking if You're LOOSE cityfc and you're looking at the POTENTIAL mls teams you could. PLAY i, Mean, minnesota you know you can't take them, lightly but it looks as if one that is not super you know that you're super fearful. Of, however on The minnesota, side if they're looking at teams from THE, USL i, mean there's no way that THEY i, mean they wouldn't pick LOU cityfc if they had a, choice, RIGHT i mean they're facing one of the best teams in THE, usl and one that's been that good for many many years.
Speaker 4: Now, YEAH i.
Speaker 3: Mean Lou city is the top team in the, league right they. Haven't they've won the two. Titles they probably should have won the title last. Year it was an upset when they lost in the playoffs after they won the regular season. TITLE i mean last season's team for Lou city was one of the best teams IN usl. History they, scored they had over eighty points in the standings or over eighty, GOALS i should, say over the course of the. Season it was a, really really terrific team and they just they came up short in the playoffs in a in a really disappointing. Way but every, year this is a team that's a contender for their league. Title Louisville city every year they make a run on The every single, season we are spoiled every single. Season up until last, year they made it to at least The Eastern conference final in the playoffs nine straight years where they made a run to the conference. Final it's, unprecedented not only in, soccer BUT i, mean can you name a pro team that goes to their semi final of the playoffs every single? Year that's What Louisville city did up until last. Year so this is a winning. Organization this is a team that knows how to. Win Danny, cruz the head, coach is a. Winner AND i tell you one other thing to watch out for. Tonight it will be a really interesting coaching. Matchup Danny cruz is thirty. Five he's the second youngest coach in THE. Usl probably gonna head to THE mls one, day right with a bigger opportunity whenever that day. Comes but his opposite number tonight Is Eric ramsey From. Minnesota he's thirty. Three he's the youngest head coach IN mls. History so a couple of young coaches going ahead to head. Tonight so it'll be interesting to see which one comes out on. Top but it's two really good defensive, Teams i'll say as, Well Nick minnesota maybe the best defensive team and all Of Major League. Soccer and so far Lou city all season, long has given up just six goals in their nine. Games so two teams that know how to prevent the opponent from. Scoring but we'll see what, happened and it's going to be a really interesting one. Tonight AND i tell you Lou city has a, great great opportunity to pull off an upset and shock The american soccer world tonight and Beat minnesota at home at seven thirty At Lynn Family.
Speaker 5: Stadium Jeff milby's our guest joining us here On Sports talk seven. Ninety f they pull off the upset, tonight everybody in the soccer world will have no choice but to put some respect on the, name which they should. ALREADY i, mean we're talking LOU. Cityfc as we, know they've been. PHENOMENAL i think the racing lou is the one that really needs to start getting some. Respect but when it comes to this, event THE Us Open, cup this is the round of thirty two taking place yesterday and.
Speaker 4: Today so if.
Speaker 5: The win happens, tonight they would move to the round of, sixteen as would they continue to?
Speaker 4: Host how does that?
Speaker 3: Work they Will they're guaranteed to host their next round game Lou City is if they. Win that draw has already happened and there's the potential to host ANOTHER mls. Team if they, Win Saint louis takes On omaha and the other game that they're paired up. With omaha is from a league Below lucity AND Usl league, won But Saint louis is IN, Mls so if they Beat, minnesota you'd Expect Saint louis properly to go through Against. Omaha they'd have the chance to host ANOTHER mls team in a couple of weeks. Time may twentieth Or may twenty first is when that game will take. Place there will be a you, know have to sort the schedule out after this round of, games but it's an opportunity to shock the shock The American soccer world, tonight and then another chance to do it in a couple of weeks if they advanced. Tonight and, again this is a tournament with a lot of. History it's one hundred and ten year old. Tournament this is the one hundred Tenths Lamar HUNT Us Open cup goes back to the early nineteen, hundreds PREDATES, mlast predates every soccer league in THE us by by a long long. Time it's got a great, tradition a great. History it's a really fun tournament to be a part of and to. Watch And i'm telling, You, nick it is the most swept on sporting. EVENT i know soccer is in everybody's favorite. SPORT i know that everybody didn't grow up with. Soccer you, Know i've talked to you about you, Know i'm from. HERE i know what it's. Like it's college football at college. BASKETBALL i get. IT i understand. That but this is a really cool event to be a part of every. Year AND i think anybody out there who loves THE Ncaa, tournament loves those, upsets Loves march. Madness you got a little flavor of it here throughout the soccer season with THE Us open top.
Speaker 4: All, right last one before we let you.
Speaker 5: GO i, know just in a couple of, days there's another, big big night over At Lynn Family stadium For Mom's Night Mom's Night. Out Is racing lou is going to Host New, Jersey New York GOTHAM. Fc give me a little quick update on how how the club's been doing and what we can expect moving.
Speaker 3: Forward, yeah it's been a really interesting couple of, Weeks, nick SINCE i last talked to you About Racing. Louislle they went on the road To, portland got a three to three. Tie they were up three to one in that game and the referee Gave portland two penalties to give them the opportunity to come back and tie the game at. Home then they went on the road To houston Last friday and got a two to one Win Racing. Louisville so they're playing, well.
Speaker 4: RIGHT i like you a little.
Speaker 3: Momentum, Absolutely And, Nick i've talked to you about the slander That Racing louisville. Gets they got a little slander after That portland. Game it was a hard fought. Game the most fouls ever ever there, are including one of the players who who came out and said That louisville should be. Embarrassed she came out in her post game press conference and Said louisville should be embarrassed by that. PERFORMANCE i see nothing embarrassing about going up To portland in front of sixteen thousand fans and getting a point on the. Road nothing embarrassing about that at. All so just another example of somebody in this League's Flanders louisville And Slanders Racing. Louisville but to your, point some momentum right, now they're playing. Well Kayla fisher And messiers have scored in back to back, games of the First Racing louisville duo to score in back to back, games so they're feeling confident heading Into. Friday gotham's a really good. Team they're in the playoff picture right, now they're in the top half of the. Standings BUT i think it's a winnable game For Racing. Louisville we will see what. Happens big story for. Them Jordan bloomer taking over in. Goal Katie lund is out for the rest of the, year so a new goalkeeper For Racing, louisville and she won The save of The week after making a triple save Against houston last, week so she's a fun player to watch as. Well one of the story lines to pay attention to eight O'clock friday, night Lynn Family Stadium Mom's Night out to kick off Your Mother's day, weekend free tope bags to the first one thousand. Fans will have a card making station where you can get That Mother's day gift out of the way and make a really beautiful handmade art for your mom and then watch this team take On gotham at eight. O'clock and, oh by the, Way i'll say it, again the best outdoor bar in the city Of. Louisville The Happy hour will happen every game Lou city Or Racing louisville as gates, open so two dollars beer or two Dollars pepsi products all throughout the concourse from the winter time gates open up until kickoff for the game tonight and the Game friday, night and every game At Lynne Family.
Speaker 5: Stadium we've we've become pretty pretty used To jeff delivering and really executing and and really just doing the damn.
Speaker 4: Thing and he did exactly that once. Again So, jeff thanks for the.
Speaker 5: TIME i know you got a busy few days for you and know you'll you'll you'll be enjoying, it having fun and best of luck to both clubs in these next few.
Speaker 3: Games, Yeah, NICK i always appreciate you making some time for, us especially today with the big one we got.
Speaker 5: Tonight so thanks, brother no, problem take. Care that Is Jeff Milby. AGAIN i love the passion for my Man Jeff. Milby oh he is soccer and HE i, mean he. Delivers And i'll tell you WHAT i read the. Article an Article i'm sure there were more than one about the comments made by The portland player as far as just you, know Racing louisville should be a.
Speaker 4: Shame that kind of.
Speaker 5: Stuff AND i MEAN i wouldn't know enough to know like how outlandish those comments, were but it sounded like a lot of.
Speaker 4: Crying, Yeah and.
Speaker 5: Also like within the same like, quote they also the player also acknowledged that like racing lou like took them, off like caught him off, guard like they came ready to play and we're ready to. Go And i'm, like, well maybe just maybe just realized that you weren't ready and that's why maybe you know you got down, early but, anyways excuses, excuses, yeah, anyway but, look we still need that respect on racing lou and it'll, come we'll get. It but there's certainly a lot of respect already when it comes To LOUISVILLE cityfc because we've been so spoiled with how great they've been since they. Launched but, TONIGHT i mean another opportunity to get your second ever win against AN mls.
Speaker 4: TEAM i mean.
Speaker 5: Good stuff and As jeff, said like IT'S i mean it'll be an. Upset it's not going to be, easy but scenarios looking pretty pretty promising on both sides, there so good.
Speaker 4: Stuff quick break will come back to more hours.
Speaker 5: Left it's coffee And Company peel At thornton's On Sports talk seven ninety