Speaker 1: You see, something's going to happen.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen?
Speaker 3: I'll take one?
Speaker 2: What help? Welcome to the Occult Rejects this episode. We've got a couple of us here. We've got a special guest joining us tonight. Very excited. Uh, we got Julia Covering joining us to talk about gremlins. But uh, before we get to everybody else, Before we get to Julia, let's introduce the other people. We got my boy, Headless Giant. What is going on?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 2: How are you? Hi?
Speaker 1: You doing? If you want to check me out, you can go over to YouTube, Instagram or Twitter Headless Giant Podcast. Look that up. And also, if you have any sort of occult, sort of mysterious slash strange dream stories, send them to my uh and we'll put those out on Thursday. Headless Giant Podcast at gmail dot com. And uh, that'll about do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you awesome, Thank you very much, sir. I appreciate you making it. And my man, Jules, how are you, sir? What is going on?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Guys? Yeah, I'm Jewles, host of the Great Pill podcast, The Mississippi Mystic. You know who I am. Haven't done in a cult rejects here in a couple of weeks, I think. So it's uh, it's good to be back, especially around the holidays. And it's good to see Doc here as well as Julia and YouTube gentlemen, Headless and Nick. So Happy Yule, Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas, and I'm looking forward to tonight.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, thank you very much, man, man, and we got Doc Brown in the house. What is going on, sir? How are you? Thank you very much for making it with us today.
Speaker 5: No, man, thank you for inviting me.
Speaker 6: Man, It's just most of the time, with work and everything else, I can't make these things.
Speaker 5: So but now I have no excuse, guys.
Speaker 6: I'm officially full time now, so I'll have a lot more time to hang out with you guys. But Prometheus Limb's podcast anywhere you can consume content, you can find me there. And look forward to hanging out and discussing some stuff with tonight. Let's get weird and green.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, thank you. I love it. Thank you, sir. Hey, we got the Julia the cosmic Peach. What is going on? How are you?
Speaker 7: What's up? Yeah? I'm excited for this one because it's one of my favorite Christmas movies, and it is a Christmas movie, not Halloween. Okay, the whole fucking first beginning of this shit is Christmas music and Christmas trees. And it's definitely a Christmas movie. I know some people are like, oh, that's not a Christmas movie like Diehard. Did they put it in like the Diehard category. It definitely is a Christmas movie. But I'm excited about tonight for having.
Speaker 2: Me, of course, thank you. Uh yeah, I would always I would say I remember that even growing up that was like synonymous with Christmas. Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, I remember, like it was even like there's parts I remember all the snow and the fake town and everything for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And what's her nuts? Phoebe cats Her dad died playing Santa Claus, remember, and she tells like this horrific story about him getting stuck in the chimney and his fucking corpse got stuck in there and was just like they did somebody leave eggs out?
Speaker 4: Now it's wait, Dad, I tried to go down for chimney.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he tried to go down the chimney like Santa and he got stuck in there and that and literally the only reason that they figured that out is because this corpse started stinking in the chimney and they were like, oh, somebody better go.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, oh it's Dad, Hello, dead in the chimney.
Speaker 6: That town set up just like it was the identical one for Back to the Future.
Speaker 5: Was that right?
Speaker 7: It does look like that, Yeah it does. It's almost identical to the downtown in Back to the Future, And I never thought about that.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 7: There are plenty of conspiracies with Back to the Future, but this one in particular I thought was interesting because there are there's a there's one character. He's kind of like the town crazy guy, and he's always talking about how there's there listening to us. And there's Grimlin's quote unquote in all of like the technology. Do you do you remember that?
Speaker 4: Nick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember. I think I remember that guy. Yeah, he ends up getting it. Yeah, yes, I was going to say, had a truck is some ship? I remember that?
Speaker 4: Yeaheah.
Speaker 2: He was like the conspiracy thing.
Speaker 7: He's a conspiracy theory guy, and they're always like making fun of him and saying like, oh, it's right or whatever the fuck his name is. But he literally he talks about how they're always listening to us, and they put like bugs in our houses and our TVs and our phones. And the reason he drives the tractor is because he can't trust like foreign made vehicles. And literally he's the conspiracy theory guy in the movie. And spoiler alert in case you haven't watched The Grimlins before, which if you haven't, fucked you like who hasn't watched The Grimlins? But he dies and you know, but I just thought, you know, we could talk a little bit about it if you want, Nick, we could go around and just say when we first watched it or whatever. I was a little kid and it was nostalgic for me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, trying to think what did it actually come out?
Speaker 5: Let me pull it up really quick, old eighty eight or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I've always kind of gripped in with movies like back uh, you know, Back to the Future, the Goonies, and just so everyone knows, this is the closest we could get to a Fridgian hat right now. But we will be working on models those for the Gray Pilled store.
Speaker 7: So I love it.
Speaker 4: Look, never mind, I was about to start gripping stickers again.
Speaker 5: That guy he was driving that tractor, he had four duys.
Speaker 2: Didn't know. No, I can say that the show kind of funny.
Speaker 7: They said that in the movie he had forty d u.
Speaker 4: Y s No. I was just you know, being caddy.
Speaker 5: You know, he need a license to tractor.
Speaker 4: They do. He was.
Speaker 7: He drove the tractor to the bar and they wouldn't let him leave in it because he was drunk as a scoon. And I thought, yeah, I thought maybe that was really part of the movie that he had fourty yo.
Speaker 2: Didn't they get them with his own tractor?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's yes. Yeah, they came through the houses window, through the house and literally ran him over. Well did you see it?
Speaker 6: I seen it when I was just a little kid, man, but that's probably It's probably been probably twenty years or more since I seen it, but I remember bits and pieces of it. And where as a kid, just seeing those little dudes, you know, freaked me out.
Speaker 5: But the furry You're like, oh man, those are cute.
Speaker 4: I want one.
Speaker 6: And then they get wet man, remember all the little warts. That's there's two things that stood out to me in that movie was I can't remember if it was his grim Len or if it was another one, but one of them got wet and just all these little boils and bubbles started popping the ball over their back like eggs, and all these eggs just kept bursting like pimples and goog going everywhere and that, and then I talked about pre roll the I don't remember if that was the first one or second one, but where they're in that big corporate building and they go all the way to the top level and there's the female gremlin with the boost the air and push up.
Speaker 5: Brad Lipstick and Peach brought to my attention and said, no, that was a male gremlin. It was just a trip. Would you call it a tremblin, a trans grimlin?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a grip.
Speaker 1: Or as we call them in reality, gremlins.
Speaker 7: What when's the first time you saw it? Oh?
Speaker 4: I saw it.
Speaker 1: It had to be back in the eighties. It always sort of stuck out to me as kind of like one of these big marketing movies. So they had all these spin offs, all this really interesting merch about it and stuff like that, and it had a really iconic feel with the whole water after midnight or feeding them after midnight thing, and you know, that sort of stuck around in the popular consciousness for a long time. It was also produced by Steven Spielberg, so he was kind of.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm saying. It's a Spielberg and he like put little like weird things in there. The guy who did the soundtrack, his name is Joe Dante. He also did the soundtrack for The Burbs, and there's a lot of weird stuff in The Burbs. I don't know if you guys have seen it recently with Tom Hanks, but yeah, he's a weird guy. Spielberg is obviously a weird guy. But my thing is, like it's on Hulu right now. You can watch it for free anybody who has Hulu. But I forgot how actually creepy it was until I just watched it back. Like it's a legitimate It's like Crampus or something. It's like a legitimate Christmas horror movie. Especially after they get wet and the mom goes upstairs and they're they're they've already like hatched out of their eggs or whatever, and they're like hunting her throughout the house and there's like this weird, creepy music. I was like, I can't believe I used to just watch this as a kid like, no, big, this is creepy, Like this is actually like and then they go to the YMCA and they all jump in the pool, uh and there's they make that weird noise like ray and it's actually like legit fucking creepy as fuck. But my question to you guys is do you feel like he snuck like some little weird stuff in there? Like, mind you, this is nineteen eighty before like all the conspiracy stuff and like everything we know about right now, do you feel like the story and like I get I guess the premise of the movie, like, do you feel like he snucks some stuff in there?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, I mean, so you first see these little guys at when he goes to this shop, right, this is this shop and there's this magical like Japanese say, working there, right and deal like China dah yeah yeah yeah, and he makes this bargain, right, and the guy tells him, so he kind of tells him that there's these rules uh to these these kind of creatures, you know, don't feed them past a certain time and make sure that they don't get wet and all this stuff. So already he's presenting him with this supernatural creature right that that you know, who knows how ancient it it is, and there's all these rules and kind of guidelines to it, these like magical you'd even call it, like you know, I will when when I was younger, it really reminded me. Now, well now kind of still reminds me of an elf or like a leprechaun me doo. And if you look into the lore of the elves and the dwarves, there's light elves and there's dark elves and lights, so like there's different forms of So basically what I'm saying is these grimlins could be like an elemental, uh, but as it an astral elemental that attached on to I don't know what I'm trying to say. Basically, it's it's this magical creature. Headless can maybe explain it a little better than me.
Speaker 1: Well, if I was going to classify it as as some kind of a cryptid, I would I would definitely be going for more of like a you know, kind of a definitely like an ancestral spirit. It's got that feel to it, like there was some sort of a linkage back to the place that it was from, so Chinese at least, and some kind of a yeah, a feeling in that regards. But I don't know, I have to I have to actually see, like is this this seems like a homunculous type right, because.
Speaker 4: That's what I say.
Speaker 7: I didn't want to say it, but yeah, you know this this I can and a cat fucked you'd get a mug why, which is what Gizmo was right, because there's grimlins and then there's the mug why, which is what they start off as when they're all furry and cute and they're big little giggly eyes. But let's like, let's just let's just take this and like unpack it for a second. Maybe it was just bad acting, but this guy's like, oh, I needed a last minute Christmas gift for my son, and I went to Chinatown in this weird little Chinese kid told me to go underground, down an alleyway through a pathway down underground into this shop with a bunch of like incense burning and a weird Chinese guy with one eye. And he told me about this cat hamster thing that could sing, couldn't get wet, could talk, shouldn't eat after midnight and what was the last roll.
Speaker 4: Food?
Speaker 2: Sunlight and can't get wet.
Speaker 7: Can't get wet. Yeah, So like no questions for the Chinese guy, Like, no questions. If you went into Chinatown and you saw this fucking thing in a cage, singing, talking, looking around, looking like a half cat, half hamster, You've got no questions. You're just like, name your price. I need a gift for my kid for Christmas. This cat hamster that singing and talking, Like what's going on here? He was like, Oh, that's really cool, this half cat hamster thing that sings and talks. But hey, would you like to buy this bathroom buddy?
Speaker 2: And then I try to sell him.
Speaker 7: This toothbrush thing, like what's good? Like that's that's like your main concern After you just saw that creature, I would say facetiming people. If somebody pulled that out, I'd be like.
Speaker 4: Look at this, Look at this thing.
Speaker 7: It sings and talks. And he was like, with a mug, why comes much responsibility? I can't sell it at any price. And the little Chinese kid is like, oh, fuck him, we need the extra money. Sold it to him for like two hundred dollars or whatever, and he just takes it home, just takes it home. No questions asked. Don't get it wet, don't feed it after midnight, and don't get it in bright lights. This thing could be like a caged monkey that when you let it out it rips your face off. No questions, unidentified creature. Somebody needs to call National Geographic on this thing. No questions asked. He puts it in the car and he takes it home to his family.
Speaker 2: I just think it could have came up. I guess better structure, better introduction.
Speaker 3: Is weird.
Speaker 1: Straight home from the wet market.
Speaker 2: Yo, Right, that's funny. I mean one thing I do find well, I mean, I guess you're looking at the movie now too. I mean the whole idea of the Gremlins. I mean that was already like he already took that from Twilight Zone. But the one thing I do find like interesting even with that, like in the movie it was kind of like a plane failure, like there was a mechanical failure going on the plane. Now I know not all of it. It always is like that, but in the movie you always do see them also like toying around with electronic devices, the TV, the fucking toaster lights, like breaking things and always fucking shut up. So I even you do kind of see almost like that grum when now crossing over into that movie, it's still closing up. Yeah, problems with appliance isn't just breaking shit for no reason.
Speaker 7: Especially with like the dad's weird inventions. He's like, oh, I made a juice maker that sprays fucking pulp all over the kitchen, or like he has like, uh, something that's supposed to be a can opener. Maybe I don't know, but he's just got all these inventions that don't work. And he brings the.
Speaker 2: Weirdspect to gadget.
Speaker 5: Yeah literally, yeah made all those weird gadgets.
Speaker 7: He brings this thing to his house, wraps it up it like with wrapping paper because it don't need to breathe or anything, I guess, gives it to his kid and he's he's like, oh, is it a puppy. No, it's an unidentified creature I got from a blind Chinese man in an underground cave in Chinatown, like no questions asked, Like that's just supposed to be normal. And he opens it up and he's like, yeah, it's a mug. Why And then he tries to call it the Peltzer pet, like he wants to make more of them and like market them and like sell them to people. Wow, it's it's just it was weird to me because again, what the like if somebody brought that home to you, would you just be like, yeah, let's just start trying to breed them, just like sell them to people. It's Christmas gifts And no, no, nobody's calling National Geographic on this thing. It literally talks and sings and can play the piano.
Speaker 2: I'm almost positive the name too, goes back to like, oh man, some Asian language that spirit demon.
Speaker 4: These are the spirits right here. And if you notice, you see serpents, you see crescent moons and horns, well horns in the shape of crescent lands. But you know, so you see a lot of symbolism here already. I mean, that doesn't really look like what they look like in the movie. I'd like to see a movie with with these guys. Looks more like the teenage mutant. Uh, teenage mutant? Who are the two guys from that one movie? Oh god, who I'm talking about right there?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, But you know, mag white is Cantonese for demon, a spirit, a monster. Shut up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, so that's just one depiction of them.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, it's a spirit, of.
Speaker 4: Course, it is all all these things are spirits that physically manifest and that that's what I was saying. So when I was a kid and I saw this movie, like it really scared me, but it just reminded me of like you know, like I said, like just this little creature, like a little elf or something. But as I kind of I think, I saw it a few years ago with my son, and you know I kind of got, you know, picked up on these magical little undertones here here and there that I should have done more research on the ancient Chinese aspect of it. But you know, bringing up them the magwa being, I think that that's how you say it, right, being ancestral spirits. It goes along with what Headless was saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you remember the movie the Chinese movie with well, it was the Disney movie about the Chinese girl what was like Mulan right where she's in the temple and there's all these sort of deities on the wall that's associated with their family lineage. That's sort of the same idea here. He's got it with them. So he's keeping it fat, and then it's giving the family line good luck because they're like immortal beings and just as long as he goes by the rules, they keep getting good luck from it.
Speaker 4: Right, And.
Speaker 7: That was like an ancestral spirit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it's a portal and he's got to keep it with them.
Speaker 4: But with the water, you know, you see a little bit of alchemy there, like you go through this alchemical transformation. Also, you know there's an elemental aspect to it as as well. That's why I had brought up you know, are these some kind of like elemental spirit that had manifested or you know, conjured into something long ago?
Speaker 1: Toys all about the four elements. So if you got averse alchemy too.
Speaker 6: You know in alchemy you get you take something black and put it through the process and whiten it and purify it. But here you had something white and purified that you had turned black.
Speaker 4: Right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: All the little mugwise that like popped off of GisMo, where evil from Jump Street. They were like messing with the clocks and how so they could get fed after midnight. They had like a whole agenda so they could transform, and they were they were all evil. The one set, and maybe maybe I took it as this is what they were implying. But he takes one to school with him in a box and gives it to his teacher, and I'm pretty sure that one killed the guy, the black guy, the professor guy. I'm pretty sure it murdered him, So I think I think he was the first one to die. And because he had it in a cage and it ate like a turkey sandwich or something, and when he came back into the school, it was like up in the ceiling and like jumped down on him and decapitated him or something. But it's just like it's it's one of the weirdest and of course it's Spielberg. But I think the fact that Corey Feldman is in this movie is a little bit telling, because he, of course has a lot to say, but he was so young. The Grimlins was one of his very first movies. And I actually watched his new documentary last night. It's called Corey Feldman Versus the World. You can get it on YouTube. It's like an hour and forty minutes long. I yeah, he's a money grubbing, grifting, bedazzled, crotchless panty wearing like.
Speaker 5: Ed Hargie.
Speaker 7: Oh, he's got a lot of problems, but he does talk a lot about like the age he was when he did the Grimlins and like people messing with him and molesting him and he I mean, this was a Spielberg and he was in The Goodies, which was also a Spielberg. But I can only imagine, like what was going on. Like, I don't know, the guy, the the main kid in the Grimlins never really did anything after that. I'm pretty sure that's the only thing I ever saw him into.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 7: It just it's all weirdness.
Speaker 6: And one thing I was thinking about as you guys are talking, Like I said, it was many years since I've seen it, but as you guys are talking, I'm getting, you know, some flashbacks and stuff. But uh, one thing that stood out to me. And tell me if I'm reaching a little bit, guys, because uh, I'm kind of new to the esoteric kind of stuff. But it's like it's almost like a duality with them. Yes, you have this you know, good wise sage, and then on the other hand you have the evil trickster spirit. Like you said, they were changing the times on the clock mess with all the electronics, and uh so it's kind of like this this trickster element to it, and you have the whole ayahuasca trips and stuff, and they talk about these mechanical trickster elves.
Speaker 4: You know, could this you know?
Speaker 5: Maybe so I took some bad.
Speaker 6: Mushrooms or something back then and seen these little guys and maybe that was the inspiration.
Speaker 4: So I said, it kind of reminded me of some dark elves or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they because they they string the dog up outside and try to kill it. They just do like all kinds of weird stuff. But I do have two references. And I know it's been a while since you guys watched this, but anybody in the comments who has watched it recently will get this. But I've always talked about how I think the Wizard of Oz was probably one of the first MK ultra movies ever made.
Speaker 4: I talk about how the.
Speaker 7: Colors, the storyline, the disassociation, she's leaving and going to this magical place, and it's kind of like before Alice in Wonderland, there was Wizard of Oz for kids to watch, and it's along those same lines of like disassociation, hallucinogenic weird stuff, and the beginning of the Grimlins is kind of telling the story of Dorothy and the mean lady that lived down the street that wanted to murder her dog.
Speaker 4: Do you remember that?
Speaker 7: So in Grimlins, the mean lady, the kid's dog knocked over her snowman or something. Her name's Missus Deegle, and she goes and she finds the dog and says she wants to give it a slow, painful death and she's gonna get it and she's gonna like torture the dog and stuff like that, and she's always coming after the little boy and his dog. And she looks, yeah, she literally says something like that, and she looks like the Wicked Witch of the West. If you pull up Wicked Witch of the West and Missus Deegle, they both have like that long, pointy weirdness. And I just thought it was it was odd that he would have started the movie with almost like because that's how the Wizard of Oz starts, because she's like, I'll get your little dog, and then she turns into the Wicked Witch of the West after she goes to Oz. And that's exactly how The Grimlin starts out. Is this mean pointy nosed lady coming after his dog, saying she's gonna torture it and give it a slow death and she's coming after it and blah blah blah. And then later on in the movie there is a scene where they go the Grimlins like take over a movie theater and the movie they're watching is Snow White and it's about the Dwarves or the Elves or whatever the fuck they are, those little tiny guys. Yeah right, yeah's alchemist. Yes, I just feel like he put little weird stuff, like a little Wizard of Oz reference and a little bit of like Alchemy reference and a little bit of Dizzy Knee reference with the Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. And then it's like Doc said, there's a trans grim in there, and there's a weird conspiracy guy that keeps saying like the government spugged to his house. And I don't know, there's just like so much to unpack with this movie.
Speaker 4: I'll let you guys go.
Speaker 1: Well, in the narrative arc, you've got the idea of leaving home and going into the call to adventure, right, so that's sort of like a departure. And then once this thing shows up. It's like they're in a different world because the rules that they used to have didn't work anymore. So in essence, it's kind of the same thing, like everything's been shifted to a different plane of existence, kind of like the Wizard of Oz. So that could be the pattern between the two of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it's like where's after they kind of attacked the mom in the house? Where are the fuck? Where the fuck are the parents for like the rest of the movie, because it's just the two older kids and they're literally downtown doing all this stuff, trying to catch all the grimlins and like cook them in microwaves and blow them up and stuff, and it's like, where are the parents when this is going on? Like literally And he even takes Gizmo to the police station and he's like, look this. Watch when I put water on it and these little things pop out and they're evil and they're taking over the town. The police officers are just like laughing, like oh ha ha. It's like who what, Why the fuck are we not calling National Geographic on this shit. It's like if somebody brought that into my house, I would literally have a conniption. This is an entire mystical creature being. And they're just like, oh, it's a grimlin whatever or a mug why? Uh yeah, what the fuck is it? It's a hamster cat that sings and plays the piano. And nobody is upset about this. Nobody's upset about this.
Speaker 4: You know, I never thought about that. How they called the witch from the West the wicked one? Right, nice play on words. There another thing I was going to say. And I know, you know, I'm the kingdom beating dead horses.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: We talk a lot about Tulpa's on my show. And this is the thing with the Grimlin, the idea of it. Uh, these kind of rules and these guidelines. It's the same idea with the tulfa. You know, you you you have the consent or you give the consent to buy this grimlin. Right, you're you're it's this transaction. You do the same thing with the tulpa when you meditate on it, right, you're consenting to creating it. Now you look away. You don't take care of this thing.
Speaker 2: You may you know.
Speaker 4: And in the case of the gremlins, they eat after a certain time, right, they get wet, uh you know you then they start to kind of get a little uh malicious and start to have you know, like you said, act like a little tricksters and whatnot. It's it's the exact same idea when it comes to the Tulpa. So interesting and.
Speaker 7: Their murder is they're literally murderous.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, doc Oh, I just want to say, there's something about that time period too with these little grimlin little monster dudes, because you guys remember that film, uh, the other one.
Speaker 4: There, there's I just pulled up a depiction of one, an actual stone carving of a magua in China. That's I mean, it's a grimlin literally heads under his paul.
Speaker 1: Right, there's an egg there's where this uh the lions have their their their paws on this like what's it called flower of life motif. And it's interesting that it's using that same sort of pattern.
Speaker 6: And he has that thing, that thing around its next, just those little demon dudes off the Gate, That's what I was getting at.
Speaker 4: You remember that The.
Speaker 2: Gate, Oh my god, that movie The Gate with that hole in the backyard. You remember that ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all them little brown dudes running out.
Speaker 4: I got it.
Speaker 5: I got the three.
Speaker 2: I've thought about covering that on the fucking show. That ship is classic.
Speaker 5: I have to tell you.
Speaker 2: That's why bother know that is funny as hell, dude, that you thought, yo, that is classic. That was like playing the record backwards and everything like oh yeah, yeah, be Gone, be.
Speaker 4: Gone, and.
Speaker 2: The movies were fucking cleazy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But you know, I do want to kind of go back to something that Doc was saying earlier that I was actually thinking about. As he said it kind of with uh, you know, with the Maguay and the Gremlin. I would kind of almost look at the Maguay a little bit more like almost like the hermit, kind of like somebody who was very withdrawn, you know, not really. I mean, if you go by those rules, you're not really you're not eating much, which would be kind of like a magician possibly working on something serious. You know, you're not going out as much. I mean, if you're doing an Abra Mellen ritual, you're stuck inside that house for fucking how long. So it's almost very like almost very like serious made of maybe people that are devoting themselves to a magic act or ritual. And then you have the tricksters, who, in my opinion, would almost be like the complete opposite or the person that has experienced it now and comes back and understands the joke of this reality, and they understand how to play with people and fuck with people because they understand psychology. But I do see like almost like very Yin and Yang too, like Doc was saying, like very extremes, you know, I see that very much. I think with those two.
Speaker 4: Characters, the duality. Yeah, man, the doctor Jackyll hide thing going on, right.
Speaker 7: And I so the guy who did the soundtrack for The Grimlins, I mean earlier. His name is Joe Dante, and I think Dante. I don't know if that's his real last name or not, but you know, sush, he did the soundtrack for The Burbs, which is a movie about It's got Tom Hanks in it and Corey Feldman and it's another Spielberg and it's about a family of murderers, serial killers who move into the suburbs and all the neighbors are trying to like oust them because they feel like there's something where they're like digging graves in the backyard and shit.
Speaker 1: Literally satanic panic head, have you seen it?
Speaker 7: Can you help me here describe it?
Speaker 1: Because well they're all convinced that these guys are like into his evil shit. They start having hallucinations about it too. It's it's very strange. And the whole time they're just freaking out that there's like bodies in the backyard or they're up to really strange stuff at night. So Tom Hanks is in this total paranoia mode. And it's funny because that's right in the middle of the Satanic panic as it's going on. And I don't know, I think the Urbs maybe either it was before or maybe a little bit after the whole phenomenon, but play right into that.
Speaker 7: The Burbs came after the Grimlins, and I have I don't know if I can do a share screen because I'm not logged in, But there is a scene in the Burbs where Tom Hanks is in the kitchen with Corey Feldman and they're like talking, and there is a scene where it like pans across the kitchen and it zooms in kind of on this box of cereal and it's the Grimlins and it's this it's the Steven Spielberg, Joe Dante, he did the soundtrack for The Burbs and the Grimlins. Corey Feldman is in the Burbs and the Grimlins, and then there's this this box of cereal. It's actually so cute, but I wanted to show you. Can I do a share a screen? Let's see.
Speaker 5: Is it Captain Crunch Gremlins? Good least, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Did they have that? I don't remember.
Speaker 5: They should.
Speaker 2: What is it again that you're looking for? Maybe I can find it.
Speaker 7: I got it right here. Can you see this? See the box of cereal in the back? I think there's two. This is the box that's in the background, just for reference, and it's literally like consuming little mogwise.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's weird to me they made a cereal Huh, yeah it is. It's weird to me because like this scene right here, this is a completely different movie, and it's like they just put that in the background for you, those little box of Grimlins cereal. And it's kind of like what Headless was saying. The movie has a lot of like weird occultism and like satanic panic stuff. But let me see, how do I stop?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a scene where they're in the basement and it's they're talking about do you remember this, Headless? And they have this big book with a bunch of occult rituals in it, and they're talking about worshiping the devil and stuff like that, and literally in the background in the kitchen is this box Grimlin Cereal. And I think that they just put that in as like kind of an easter egg, Like these two things might be connected, like the stories might be similar, this story of weird satanic serial killers that live in your neighborhood and weird magical devilish creatures that you can just bring into your house, and like, it's it's odd to me that. And Corey Feldman's in both of them, and I don't He's never said anything about Tom Hanks, but there's some weirdness that went on between those two because Tom Hanks was like, I will not be on a set with children, and they made him be on the set with children. He and he he didn't even want to do the movie because Corey Feldman was going to be in it. It's like, oh, what, you can't be tempted? Is that too much for you?
Speaker 2: Like, like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 7: I don't know, It's just weird, dude.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he made so Corey Feldman made this movie. It's like the Life No, A Tale of two Corey's and uh it was about him and Corey Headless and uh it's just it's awful, Like it's just a terrible movie. But uh he he depicts like in the movie how like Corey Haim was like gay and he wasn't Like it's really just like kind of a hack job on his dead friend, to be honest with you, But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually saw that one. It was terrible.
Speaker 4: It was terrible. He wasn't doing anything, was getting his hair pulled graphic graphic. It was fucking and and you're you're thinking, like, why is he portraying his friend like this? But he's like he got he only uh sub to do you know, to do it all or something, and it's like, oh, okay, why it was on the Lifetime too. I was very surprised.
Speaker 7: It was like documentary style or like a movie.
Speaker 4: It was like a documentary.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It was like, yeah, oh Jesus, well, I mean, if you've watched that when you should just go ahead and watch this new one that just came out, because.
Speaker 4: Oh my, that was and he went on Good Morning America.
Speaker 7: He got roasted by the way.
Speaker 4: He shouldn't have gone on He just that. I mean, he just should have been on there.
Speaker 7: I a million dollars, that's what he said. Oh yeah, he said, he said, I need to raise ten million dollars so I can give out the names of the people.
Speaker 2: I remember that. Yes, security, he kept saying too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, no one was with his bedazzled crotch pants in his age.
Speaker 4: Well he euld go and get these drug addled women off the streets of l A and then like get him on like methadone and fucking like put him in his house and then be like, Okay, there's these rules. You can't eat meat, you can't do this, you have to call me like sir and like all this really like there were some girls that that like, uh escaped. I guess you could say it's like a colt, Like seriously, they.
Speaker 7: They compared him to like Charles Manson and ship and honestly there was the yeah, they he has all these rules for the girls and they can't like leave the bus without him, and they can't like drink water without him and like stuff. Yeah, and he calls him his angels, but.
Speaker 4: He breaks those rules, you'll be a fallen angel.
Speaker 1: Guys, do you want me to read the account The rape of Corey.
Speaker 7: Haim as told by Corey Feldman.
Speaker 1: As told by Corey Feldman, Okay.
Speaker 6: You say, Julia, she's all about anal bleeding and stuff, the b whole action.
Speaker 4: We gotta get.
Speaker 2: That point. I was like, we need a pink.
Speaker 4: So somehow I was gonna say, are we going to go one show without talking about Phallis or buttholes?
Speaker 8: The hole for Christmas married, We backed right into it with Corey Feldman. Literally no, told by Corey Feldman, Let's hear this.
Speaker 2: Let's the first time.
Speaker 5: It was the first poke.
Speaker 1: So Charlie shed on the set of his nineteen eighty six film Lucas Uh between two trailers where she'd allegedly bet ham over and used criscal oil as lubricit, and did it broad daylight before.
Speaker 3: Did he.
Speaker 7: Chrisco for the tiger's blood? Yeah, Chris Cole so that was supposed to be Cory Caine.
Speaker 4: He got.
Speaker 1: With Crisco. Charlie, she just I guess that's just not a ramp I don't know.
Speaker 2: He went on a ramp man.
Speaker 7: He rampaged through his people.
Speaker 9: Did Oh my god, I just imagined Charlie she going here? He is cris and then running out there.
Speaker 7: You had to be like comp repaired. Though, if you just like had Crisco after Reding, you know what I'm saying, you just had Crisco after Ready. I asked him for some Crisco when I was in labor. I said, you better put something down there. I guess Chrisco loop that ship up because I ain't trying to bust my taint wide open. They didn't have nothing. I wish Charlie Sheen would have been there, because he would at least came prepared.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna come, Julia, Well, I'm just saying that's all.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm serving woman's thinking about that. Honestly, I went to.
Speaker 7: One hundred, Jules, what you got? What was you about to say?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 5: I'm crying.
Speaker 7: So the Grimlins, it's a.
Speaker 5: You're just training back on the track.
Speaker 7: No, for real, though, I do think it's a fucked up Christmas movie. I think it's weird. It's got some occultism and shit in it.
Speaker 4: Came from.
Speaker 7: Right great, but I mean and Corey Fillman, he was so little in this movie. And the the guy, Oh yes, of course, we're best friends. I feel like I'm best friends with everybody that listens to my show. If you listen to my show, we would probably be best friends because it's either you love me or hate me, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, I so just and I don't know how how much you can take his word for it, because it's, like I said, with this crotchless panties or whatever. He's just so hard for me to believe. But he said so weird stuff went on on the set of Grimlins, and obviously with the birds and the Tom Hanks thing.
Speaker 1: It's obviously with the Gremlins, right, Yeah, yeah, no Crisco references in the movie Gremlins.
Speaker 7: I bet the dad came up with like a Crisco applicator, because you know, he had the bathroom buddy and the Peltzer Peeler dispenser.
Speaker 4: Oh doesn't Felman have like a reference in the Goonies where he refers to Martin Sheen or something. Oh? Man, I wonder if they did that, like fucking with them.
Speaker 7: There is a reference. Actually, I wonder if I could google it.
Speaker 1: Hang on, Martin she reference ins in the Goonies circle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you ever think the time or anything like that has any kind of a type of cult significance anything. I don't know the whole Midnight thing. I always wonder if there's just where they just made that up, just threw that.
Speaker 7: In there, wishing well, look it's Martin Sheen and he was like, no, that's President Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he played Kennedy once.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's just weird though, how they uh was that releast after there? What came first? Lucas or the or the Goonies?
Speaker 7: Uh, Grimlins came first and then Goonies.
Speaker 4: I want to say Lucas, but we can we can uh in that talk about about his.
Speaker 6: Lucas that movie where they put the icy hot in the dude's jockstrap he's running outside naked and stuff.
Speaker 1: Ye, I don't know if.
Speaker 7: Is it Corey Feldman in it?
Speaker 4: It's got Corey haymn it.
Speaker 7: Oh well, oh oh, I bet he did need some icy hot after all that.
Speaker 5: He was a kid that wanted to play football, so.
Speaker 4: He probably needed a dash dock strap and just loaded it down with it.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The only people that go to see Corey Feldman in concert with his Angels or whatever, they all bring posters of the Goonies.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure Dan Soder and Big Jay Oakerson went with their whole like casting or their whole crew from The Bonfire back when they both did The Bonfire on Comedy Central. That's when I first I used to listen to that show sometimes because they're fun. They went and sawn and that's when I first like saw the whole Corey Feldman than they would like rip into him. That's why I'm laughing so hard.
Speaker 7: But they heard the ship.
Speaker 4: They all went to his concert, and we're all out there just like like singing along. It is just but they were just there because they were just like, you know this roll, but we're here for you because you know, someone has to cheer any moan just so they can get a better show. They were live streaming it too, I think, yeah, Well, I.
Speaker 7: Mean the only people who show up there are just like, oh, that's that kid from the Goonies. Like literally they're not there. He literally is so psychotic. If he can't get his moves down, he'll just break out of power wheels. He'll just get on a power wheels and just like write it to and fro across the stage a power wheels. Literally, I mean the guy the guy lost his mind. But it's like the chicken or the egg. Has he lost his mind because of bee whole stuff?
Speaker 2: Scott?
Speaker 7: Sure, you know what I'm saying. He had already lost his mind and then got be whole stuff done to him, and now he thinks he's Michael Jackson and he does this stuff. Maybe he thinks he's a kremlin, I know.
Speaker 2: Then you have the glove going on too.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's got the hat and the jacket and the crotchless panties and the glove and all the stuff. And then he he says stuff like Michael Jackson was not a child molester or a pedophile. We just used to go to Disneyland together and watch pornography. Totally normal stuff to do with, you know, a forty year old guy who has a Neverland ranch and drinks milk and cookies with kids for Christmas. That's totally normal behavior. Sleep in the bed with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you know, people can say all the day along like MJ was. I mean, look, the media was portraying him as this this freak, this this monster, so you gotta like think, you know, can we trust what they're telling us? But then at the same time, you know, look at this guy. I mean, I feel bad because it kind of you know, it was forced on him at a very young age. I don't know if y'all know the story with Bob if you know, you know, with the Jackson five and all that stuff, what their dad did to him basically pimped him out. And it's very well known politicians and actors and musicians. But I digress. And it's just sad, you know. But at the same time, you know, you got to hold him accountable because he was an adult, even though he thought he was a child. I legitimately think he thought he was a child. He was that damaged and broken.
Speaker 7: From like, yeah, he was in like a permanent disassociated.
Speaker 4: It'd have been k ultra just yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: With the Neverlin ranch and stuff. I really do think. I mean, just just watch any South Park episode where they're making fun of him. I mean, it's just like totally clear to me that, uh, everyone knows, like he was almost insane a little bit, but he was Michael Jackson, so he was child. That's what That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're gazy, bro like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like borderline insanity, cutted his nose off, and then got like a plastic one stabled on. There's just so much to unpack with that guy. But Corey Feldman did say like he used to take him to Disneyland and like let him buy whatever, and then would go back to his house and they watch pornography together and drink milk and cookies and have a sleepover in his bed. But he wasn't a molester. It's like, come on, man, like that's if I found out anybody did that with my kid.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he did, his head would be on a pike, sane, you know.
Speaker 1: But here's an angle. So let's say that maybe this was Corey Feldman's image of cool was a guy who did that. And so a guy who never grows up, who you know, watches porn whenever he wants to and then has milk and cookies, And then maybe that's the guy he became for the rest of his life.
Speaker 4: Is that very person? That's why he still dressed mimics Herman. He dresses the way he dances in his music videos, like it's all Michael Jackson. Like you can say, I don't know, man, do you have a part of Michael uh, you know attached to him? Spiritually, I think, I think yes, But you know, does that that you know? Are they summony? Are they summony? Michael's ghosts?
Speaker 1: Did you see the video of the burn victim that was interviewed after Michael's Michael's death that sounds exactly exactly like him.
Speaker 4: His name was Dave Day. Yeah, yeah, and yeah, no, you're absolutely right. And I was going to say, if he's even dead, right, because you got to ask that question these people.
Speaker 7: I was going to say if mm hmmm, yeah. I think he made it, maybe made it like a weird Faustian bargain, because I don't know how long you can live as Michael Jackson. I don't think he was allowed to leave his house and shit like that. But I also know there was something weird about the doctor who gave him, like that last dose or whatever. Maybe he dosed him up a little too much on purpose.
Speaker 1: Well, the courtroom, the courtroom for his trial, that just sort of sealed the deal for me because I went back and watched some of those videos. The entire courtroom is filled with stuffed animals. They don't do that, and this is a murder trial. And then if you look at the seal behind his head. They don't have the right number of stars for the actual state of California, so they're just, yeah, the whole thing's fake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's almost as as if there is this uh like shelf life to his persona and he had to die. There had to be that mass energy drain of the world, right, I mean, Bill, you have to say billions of people were affected by that, not I because I was never a fan of Michael Jackson. Same thing with the Beatles, guys. I it's just not good music to me. Sorry, fair enough, you know.
Speaker 1: I think what he did was he just figured, you know, I either do this or they're going to do it to me, so I might as well think it myself. And so the guy the doctor supposedly got convicted but never did a single day of time, like it was all commuted sentence of course.
Speaker 7: Well, and there's someone in the comments who just said autopsy doc was the same one from George Floyd.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so.
Speaker 2: That is wild because even George Floyd that that same person also lines up with the lady bird Lake a smiley face killer drowning. Why that's like three three cases now that that same persons cases shady motherfucker. That's a shady motherfucker.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's like the three strikes rule right after three.
Speaker 4: George Floyd and they take you out after you kill three people or they program you too. Is that you're I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I'm saying, like, I'll give you one suspicious death, maybe suspicious death, but you get to three and it's like, Nope, you're confirmed in.
Speaker 1: On this ship.
Speaker 4: That's his career, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 7: How many bodies have to pile up before we're like okay, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: They're in on this. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, no, oh.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, random weird, weird? I guess fun fact with the movie Gremlins. I didn't know that that and Ghostbusters came out in the same night too, the same night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, why would Ghostbusters come out during? Did it come out for Christmas? What month did it come out? Because that's like a Halloween movie and a Christmas movie coming out and like the same night. That's weird.
Speaker 2: June eight eight, nineteen eighty four, and open the same day as Ghostbusters Ghosts versus Gremlins.
Speaker 7: Why would you put why would you release a Halloween movie in a Christmas movie in June? In the middle of the fucking summer when nobody wants to see that shit. That's not good marketing to me.
Speaker 4: But I mean, I guess.
Speaker 5: Running up in July, I'm thinking of cooler weather to come.
Speaker 7: But I guess so, I guess though, I just I don't know. I wouldn't release a Christmas movie or a Halloween movie in the middle.
Speaker 2: I don't know they could have been even marketing reasons for all that.
Speaker 1: Do you know what movie I want to break down when it comes to like symbolism My last action Hero with Arnold Schwarzenegger, remember seeing Did you guys ever see that one?
Speaker 2: I've seen?
Speaker 7: Amany birthday, Julia. That's so nice of you.
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Is it your birth birthday?
Speaker 7: My birthday is November thirtieth, So maybe they didn't see me before now and they're just saying it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Good to see.
Speaker 7: But yeah, no, I just think it. I just wanted to do something fun for Christmas, though, and I thought this movie was especially like drenched in weirdness, you know, compared to what Christmas with the Cranks, there's not there's not a lot of like good Christmas movies to break down. I mean, there's Crampis Crampish.
Speaker 4: We could even I was gonna say he couldn't do it to YouTube, you can always do a watch party of Crampish.
Speaker 7: Frampis is a weird story for sure.
Speaker 4: The vocal behind it's even weirder.
Speaker 5: You know, I got a whole chapter about him in the book.
Speaker 4: Well, dude, it's the duality of Santa, right, it's the it's the dark side to Santa, his shadows.
Speaker 7: So wow, man, yeah, man, what about did you guys see I think it came out last year actually Jack Black and it was called Satan Clause.
Speaker 5: Did you see remember that?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes, Jack Black Is.
Speaker 7: He's trash ash, he's turned. I mean I used to love watching school.
Speaker 4: Uh yep, shallo owl. Oh man, I mean there's a few movies that I really liked him. Man, But you know, he's just he's just a.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, Teresa said, Julia, didn't we do a Crampis episode a couple of years ago? I totally forgot about that shit. Thank you for reminding me. We definitely did do a Crampus episode. I think actually Teresa talked about it. I didn't because I looked up something else, But I think we did like weird traditions for Christmas or something like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's me and Teresa and a couple other people. But yeah, So that Satan Clause movie is about like a dyslexic kid writing a letter to Santa and instead of putting Santa, he put Satan. And then Jack Black supposed to be the devil and he shows up and he like gives them some wishes or something like that. Why that's appropriate for kids.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Yeah, there's there's another movie that came out with the dude from Stranger Things, a guy that plays the cop. Oh yeah, he's a fucking communist faggot. I mean he's he's like and he's he's he's a bitch. But uh, he's a good actor, you know. But he he was Santa in in this one movie. I don't I think was it called Deck the Halls maybe or some dead he's killing everybody. It's just it's just it's the kid's movie, you know. No, But it's just like why, I don't know, bastardization of culture. I mean they've already bastardized it, you know, as much as they can a good scary Christmas movie. Jack Frost about Snowman and the serial Killer. It's very thet very similar to Chucky the serial Killer. Uh you know he's a snowman. Well, they're in their transporting him, yeah, and he gets uh you know, like they have a wreck and then he gets covered in all this like acid or something and melts into the snow and then reincarnates as the Snowman. And it is so good. I saw in the third fourth grade, scared these ship.
Speaker 2: Out of me.
Speaker 7: I totally forgot about that one. That one's on Hulu right now.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't have watched it.
Speaker 4: Who cares aught at a friend's house? Shouldn't have watched it? Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: So have you guys seen the crampst parades that they go on over in Austria.
Speaker 4: Wow? All that Adam Green had posted, uh that he was over there and he had.
Speaker 5: One in Atlanta too, Demons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're starting some more cities. There's one in Richmond, Virginia. There's one in Des Moines, Iowa. There's one of did you say it was in Georgia?
Speaker 4: Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Atlanta. Yeah. So that'sprellos.
Speaker 7: Because he's like what he's supposed to be, like unchained right and he's like, let loose.
Speaker 4: Well on some cultures, you know, the kids, I think they enjoy it. You know, my daughter likes it when I like, like, I don't know, do scary faces with her and stuff. It's real weirdy, it's it's odd, but she thinks it's funny. So some kids are I think if you don't like I don't know. I think if you let him see too much horror, you know, then they'll start to But I mean some things, you know, just I think it's good. Maybe if they don't perceive some things as like monsters verifying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So I guess we should go around for Christmas and just say what our favorite Christmas movie is. Doc you Go first?
Speaker 5: Oh, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Speaker 7: Oh fuck you you stole mine.
Speaker 10: Leave the Neck for me Clark, Yeah, that is my absolute favorite Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: Dless you go, I don't know past come back to me.
Speaker 7: Okay, and mind you this. You can only watch one Christmas movie for the rest of your life forever. This is the one Christmas movie. So don't say something shitty like Christmas with the Cranks. Okay, really think about this. It could be Santa Claus with Tim Allen. Loved that when I was little, it could be literally home alone, whatever Christmas story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was Christmas story too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was gonna say bad Santa. But it's a wonderful life. Oh okay, very very cliche. But every time I watch it and it's it's a little esoteric as well if you if you pay attention, especially when they're like talking as like in the Constellations as angels, it's like, yeah, actual depiction of what you know, like I don't know, uh, very interesting.
Speaker 7: But I love that answer. That's so classy of the Jewels.
Speaker 4: I was not expecting that. Pretty cliche, but I was gonna say bad Santa because I just when I think of Christmas, I think of that movie and just the relationship between him and the kid is one of the funniest things. Ever, how the kid is is just like what about Jesus and Joseph and Mary and the donkey and the talking walnut or something, And he's just like, what the fuck is wrong with you kids?
Speaker 5: So fucking funny. I love women's section scene.
Speaker 4: Is Granny's fry, Nick.
Speaker 2: You have to go now? Uh play say maybe a Christmas story?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I like that one too.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm, yeah, gradually.
Speaker 5: The major award.
Speaker 7: Oh just said the Night Before. I haven't watched that yet.
Speaker 4: I love that one.
Speaker 7: It's got like uh Seth Rogan and the one guy's name from.
Speaker 2: Oh what is it?
Speaker 7: He's like a famous guy hang on the night before.
Speaker 5: I got out what mine is?
Speaker 2: So uh got to be.
Speaker 1: It's got to be my favorite Christmas A.
Speaker 4: Good one home alone.
Speaker 7: Yeah they h it has a solid soundtrack. I will, I will give you that it has. Oh yes, George Joseph Gordon Lovett, sorry that yes, the night great movie.
Speaker 4: Muppet Christmas Carol.
Speaker 2: I just watched it.
Speaker 4: Underrated. Yeah, it's so good, dude. The music in it, like everything about it is so good.
Speaker 7: I love the Muppets, my favorite Christmas Carol. My kids won't watch it's that.
Speaker 4: It's like it's like, damn man, it's it's a different time. Yeah, man, I know, it's weird. Muppets.
Speaker 7: Christmas Carol is my favorite Christmas Carol. They do have one with Jim Carrey, but it's and it's like animated and it's pretty good, but it's not like the Muppets. The Muppets is my favorite.
Speaker 1: The most bizarre Christmas movie. Unintentionally, it has got to be Polar Express.
Speaker 4: What I just Okay, first of all, just watched it two nights ago and it was just about to say, uh, yeah, I never did from this movie. But and because I had, uh just watched this thing on the similarities between Odin and Santa, and so it's I just I saw a lot of symbolism in the movie. I was like, wow, dude, this and then the soundtrack to that is awesome. I think it is very Christmasy and gives you holiday cheer, but it's a great movie. You're right, they have this thing.
Speaker 7: I just went with my sister literally yesterday, and I took baby Hankster with me. He obviously got overstimulated because he's two months old. But they put you on a train and they literally have decorated it like Polar Express, and they play the music and they do like all the hot chocolate, and they bring you hot chocolate, and they bring you snacks and stuff and that you get a bell at the end of your trip on the train or whatever. It takes you to the North Pole, and all the little kids were like, oh, this is cool, this is so fun, and all the adults that are our age, we're having way the fuck more fun because first off, we understand like the concept of what we're doing. Second off, we've watched Polar Express a million times and they even have like the conductor all aboud, and yeah, sure the kids have fun, but the parents were all having a fucking blast. And I was like, oh my god, this is I can't believe about the Polar Express. And I don't know, I just think it's weird because it's supposed to be for kids and they were having fun, But it was like all the like parents our age who have watched it like year after year after year, who were actually having the best time.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, hot Chocolate, that's got to be the biggest MK ultra movie of all time.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know, with Tom Hanks and everything. Kobe won't even let me play it in the house.
Speaker 1: Well fucking hard.
Speaker 4: Well I like it, and so.
Speaker 2: I never saw the movie.
Speaker 4: Shut up either really get those vibes from it. But I can see I can see. Uh, I can see what you mean.
Speaker 7: I bet if you watched it, you would pick out a bunch of stuff from it.
Speaker 1: Now you ruin your childhood. Let me pause the movie and tell you exactly what's going on as they're going through it, because that's it's rough.
Speaker 4: Express trafficking children on orphan train.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is it the orphan train thing?
Speaker 1: The whole fucking thing. It's all like if think about the motifs that you get from the Wizard of Oz and uh, you know Dorothy, No, not Dorothy, the one where she goes into the rabbit hole. What was that Alison Alice in Wonderland. It's the same type of movie and they're just packing in a bunch of stuff to make the subject more pliant along the way.
Speaker 7: That's yeah, I can totally yeah, yeah, I can totally get that vibe from that incubator. Baby's Galore, said someone in the chat.
Speaker 2: I have not seen that one.
Speaker 7: You should watch it just because I think you would, as someone who dissects stuff, you would like it. I think there's a lot of little stuff in there, just especially with Tom Hanks. He plays like four different characters, and he's Santa, you know what I'm saying. He plays like a homeless guy. He plays the conductor, he plays Santa. Yeah, he's the homeless guy too.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of disguises, huh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I feel a little differently now, why because of the whole it does that? No, because of Tom Tom Hanks, I'm not a I can't watch Toy Story anymore. Uh you know, you know that I know the guy's true nature and dude's a fucking sick of Yeah. No ship.
Speaker 7: But that's also why I brought up the Burbs with Corey Feldman, because he did that right after Grimlin's and they put that Grimlin cereal box in that movie, and it was all about like weird satanic serial killers and like just a bunch of weird stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: We should, we should ruin your entire childhood. Let'st watch a long party Polar Express. I just hit the poet.
Speaker 4: That wasn't really my childhood per se. It was more of my little brother's childhood. I was a teenager. But would you all consider Harry Potter a Christmas movie?
Speaker 7: That's a that's the question of the season, because I watch it for Halloween. Oh well, yep, I watched one through seven, well eight.
Speaker 4: Before Christmas, Christmas or Christmas Halloween Christmas?
Speaker 5: You think both both?
Speaker 7: Because it starts off with this is Halloween, This is Halloween, and then by the end of it, you're like, oh, I can't wait for Christmas, so it could it could double. I mean, Grimlins can double.
Speaker 2: Die Hard.
Speaker 7: Christmas. How long?
Speaker 1: How long they've just been selling NonStop Nightmare before Christmas?
Speaker 2: Merch?
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 7: If I see a fat lady at Walmart with Jack Skellington leggings on, I just leave.
Speaker 4: I just leave.
Speaker 7: I'm so sick of it. I can't take one more Jack Skellington merch item in my life. I don't want to see it on people. I don't want it in my house, I don't want it any even anywhere. I'm sick of seeing it. I'm sick to death of seeing it. It's always a blue haired lady with long pit hair and in Jack Skellington's Stanley Cup and I just can not. I mean, they must make a million dollars off that movie. It's like, out of all the Tim Burton movies, I think I would like to see Corpse Bride a little bit more, or any of them, Edward Scissor Hands, Beetlejuice, But it's always Jack Skellington, right, It's always Jack Skellington.
Speaker 1: It's because it merches both holidays.
Speaker 7: Oh, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, Christmas.
Speaker 7: Edward scissor Hands is a Christmas movie, so debate me on that. It is he cuts up the ice at the end and the little snowflakes and all the shit in the Christmas tree you remember. So Edward Scissorhands, unpopular opinion, is also a Christmas movie for anybody out there wants a little darkness for Christmas.
Speaker 2: The Rings trilogy that come out around Christmas. A little of the Rings I.
Speaker 4: Think of some more, not as much as Die.
Speaker 2: Hard for Christmas.
Speaker 5: Of course, some planes, trains and automobiles Christmas.
Speaker 2: It's a good one reason I associate that with Christmas.
Speaker 7: Yeah, some people really like Love Actually for Christmas. I'm not a love actually kind of gal. Or what are some of those dopey ones. There's one with like.
Speaker 4: Oh the Family Stone.
Speaker 7: Oh the Family Stone.
Speaker 4: You liked that Family Stone? Yeah. I watch it with my mother in law and my wife.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, that's definitely a female pick.
Speaker 4: It's a good movie.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 4: The fucking mom gets breast cancer. It's set.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really sad.
Speaker 4: It's like God and uh and uh.
Speaker 2: The yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a good movie. It's a good movie for family guys. Screwge great. I haven't seen that man and he watched that with my son. I think you might see now.
Speaker 2: That I thought had some cult undertones to it when I watched the I did too.
Speaker 7: I just watched it last night. It's on Amazon Prime. Oh mm hmm, yeah, it's free on Amazon Prime. Somebody should just hit me up. I know where all the Christmas movies are for free.
Speaker 4: A good movie to Rise of the Guardians with Santa and he's like all tatted up, and then you got the Easter Bunny. The you have the Tooth Fairy, Sandman and Jack Frost and they're fighting this guy named pitch Black and it's so it's very uh probably a lot of esoteric and themes in that movie as well. A great kids movie though, and it's it's a Christmas movie. I'd say it's a Christmas movie. But they basically guard uh like I don't know, they guard like the Holidays. I don't know. They had their own realms and uh, you know, they exist based on how much believe in them.
Speaker 7: Was it on Netflix?
Speaker 4: I don't think so? Okay, never mind if it's may have a long a while ago, but but it's not on Netflix anymore.
Speaker 7: Were they murderers?
Speaker 4: Wait? What? No?
Speaker 7: Okay, no, I'm thinking of something else. You look how twisted my mind is. I watched something. I watched something that sounds like.
Speaker 4: The tooth Fair.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they show up and they kill the kids. Okay, yep, see this is a totally different thing.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna have to but uh no, I know how old is too old to still be believing in Santa.
Speaker 4: Hey, look, I've talked about my experience with Santa.
Speaker 5: It's not real.
Speaker 7: Doc, shut your mouth.
Speaker 2: Doc.
Speaker 7: Is Santa my bad?
Speaker 4: Or do we just perceive him as Santa? You know he is Santa?
Speaker 2: Sit happens.
Speaker 7: I found a bunch of presents in my mom's closet. That's how I knew.
Speaker 2: I can't remember was up, So yeah, it was because of that too. Honestly, I think it was because I sort of find shame.
Speaker 7: You found presence?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like what stuffs already here?
Speaker 7: Headless never believed in Santa? Look at his face.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I went along with it because I wanted the extra presence, went along with right, Headless if you believe in Santa, you know you'll you'll get some extra gifts.
Speaker 4: You just gotta have faith, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my parents were strict Christians. They didn't believe in telling kids about Santa.
Speaker 7: Really. Yeah, my parents were Pentecostals, and they was all up in Santa's bie hole. They was putting out milk and cookies and little reindeer snacks and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 7: A little reindeers.
Speaker 4: Now I eat and drink the milk for my kids.
Speaker 2: Sost those are classics.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and Santa Claus Is coming to Town. I love that one.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh what what's what's another?
Speaker 7: Both of those are free on on Hulu. By the way.
Speaker 5: What about Christmas songs?
Speaker 7: I like to go classic, like so you should appreciate this doc but like that one. I think it's Ray Charles Spirit of Christmas from National Lampoons when he's up in the attic watching like the old Home movies. That's like my ultimate favorite Christmas song. That and like Carol of the Bells, m.
Speaker 2: Charlie Brown Christmas. That's a classic to Charlie Brown Christmas.
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good one, man. You have to say, I have to say.
Speaker 7: Your favorite, yeah, your favorite Christmas song and then sing it with the elf hat on.
Speaker 4: I can't. I have to have to take the hat off and do the jingle. I have a bell, I have a whole percussion. I having two drum sets over here. I don't know.
Speaker 5: They put me on the spot.
Speaker 7: Oh, you can only listen to it for every Christmas for the rest of forever. And if it's last Christmas by Waam, that's okay, or if it's Mariah Carey, we're kicking you off the podcast.
Speaker 8: I won't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Christmas.
Speaker 2: Rules on this show, but that's one of them that we just can't deal with.
Speaker 4: I don't know, probably something that being Crosby saying, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, from your favorite movie The Rape, the Rapel Rape, So maybe it's cold outside.
Speaker 3: Where are you guys?
Speaker 4: Happened?
Speaker 7: That is the rape song?
Speaker 1: Corey Feldman, do you think that's what happened?
Speaker 7: Listen to it? He listens to it every year. It's been putting the hip in row hip noll since nineteen forty two or whatever, whenever the fucking came out.
Speaker 2: Like maybe it's warm inside, right, Fuck, that's gross.
Speaker 4: But now I have to your back door Man, Backdoor Santa. No man, fuck, I have to go back and rewatch Gremlins now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, everybody should rewatch it because it's it's definitely full of weird stuff. I plan on watching it and it's it's one of my faves for Christmas. But yeah, we can wrap it up whenever. That's really all I had for you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think that was great. That was fun. Definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I definitely a cult undertones in that movie for sure.
Speaker 7: Mm hmm, I think so too.
Speaker 4: And we learned about the Maguai. There's always some ancient folklore behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe.
Speaker 7: By your kids Christmas presents from a one eyed blind Chinese man in an alleyway, yo.
Speaker 4: Reminds me a lot of the labooboo thing. If you think about it, the gremlin.
Speaker 7: What's a boo boo?
Speaker 4: The lit boo boo little things that all the all the rappers carry around. I don't know what is, Okay, never mind, you guys don't know what the la booboo is. They're the little they're a little like they're fucking demons. I mean, they're they're these little creatures that people carry around on like their belt and stuff. Look it up. It's real weird.
Speaker 7: To the end of us, like little spiritual totem things.
Speaker 4: That they Yeah, I think there's something else, especially with the name La Booboo. It comes from I did. I went on nephliin dep squad and we talked about it.
Speaker 7: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean the ones I'm seeing they look very cartoony. They almost looked like animation type pikachus. Oh, that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: You're kind of like horns, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, somebody said that the they look like ferbies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sadistic grin. Oh yeah, ferbies. That's another gremlin offshoot, right, you have a Ferbie in the bed room like three in the morning. It's just like I love you.
Speaker 7: That mine did that too. It would just go off randomly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gremlin, a little mogul.
Speaker 5: I read that.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, married little uncular gremlin. That's yeah.
Speaker 2: You think like the the gremlins were like almost like like reptilian, like for the conspiracy guy.
Speaker 1: Both they were, you know, they had the idea of being warm blooded and reptilian and at the same time.
Speaker 7: So yes, they shaped shape shifters. Yeah, everybody should go back and watch it, especially since it's free on Hulu right now, you have no excuse whatsoever.
Speaker 4: You know, someone saying it's a Celtic spirit. M hmm, this thing right here, I think that's what young Stitches is saying. I'm pretty sure you're right. But anyway, that's a whole y'all should look into that. It's pretty interesting if you have time, you know.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, they don't look, they don't look. They look for.
Speaker 4: Real e very creepy. Yes, I'm not getting one. It ingreens son, Look No, I don't want a boo boo. I don't want one. Yeah I had we had done an episode on it Stitches. You can go watch. I don't know which one I had done. Is that Flow death Squad? But interesting topic. But yeah, guys, this was fun.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I had fun to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you all for jumping on.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Also, tomorrow we're gonna be uh at four point thirty We're going live with uh Gregg from a Cult of Personality. It's pretty pretty big occult podcast. It's been around for a long time. UH So if people want to check that out, we do have that going live tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure I plug that pretty uh, Nick, pretty impressive to get that guy on.
Speaker 4: So is our stro live tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, yeah somewhere. I totally forget the Vulgein's podcast. I think me and Jules are going live at two o'clock with him. I think he already has us up on YouTube already, so people want to check that out. Cool. And then at four thirty the Occult Rejects has Yeah, Greg from a cult of personality so interesting. Should be fun. Uh And thank you all everybody in the chat. That's what's up. There was a lot of people here bullshit and chopping it up. Julia, thank you very much. I really appreciate you bringing up the idea and getting this all together. Let everybody know where they can find all your amazing stuff.
Speaker 7: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I don't usually like take the time to plug properly, so let me just take a second. I'm not on YouTube anywhere that you can listen to podcasts that's not like a video, So if you want the video, you have to go to Patreon. If you want to work with me, stop sending me messages on Instagram. I love you, stop it. My email is ghost dot Peach at outlook dot com. I don't check my inbox on Instagram. Love you but stop and uh yeah, just iTunes, Spotify wherever you listen to podcasts so you can get the audio version and video is available on Patreon in room two three seven. So thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Name of course, no, thank you, Julia. It was appreciate it, my man, Headless Giant. What is up, sir? How you doing?
Speaker 1: You can find me on Instagram, Twitter, x, YouTube, check out Alchemy mondays. I do it with arrows Ethos on Monday nights and then I got seven seven seven with Nick on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We've got the Headless's Magical mail Bag. Send those stories to Headless Giant podcast at gmail dot com and we will read those on Thursdays and then on Sundays I do the trialogs and I'll probably be on tomorrow as well.
Speaker 2: So che that out. Thank you, yeah man, thank you very much. And we got Jeles what is going on? So please let another great.
Speaker 4: Show man always h It was good seeing everybody here. Guys. Follow me on Twitter x at Great pill Pod, Instagram, Great puel To, Underscore podcasts Twitter or Twitter, fund Rumble, YouTube, Apple Podcasts, Spotify and if you want to support the show, you can go over to Patreon. I just got five to six stickers, new stickers printed and on the way. I'm sending sticker packs out this week. Yeah, patreon dot com slash Great pul podcast tomorrow morninges so Terry book review and I'll send the link out to you guys. If you can't make it, no big deal. Me, Me and Ratt will be there. I don't know. I forgot what the wheel landed on, so we may spin the wheel again and may not stream it out to the public. So you guys go over and subscribe to the Patreon. It's also a great way to support the show. And then yeah, Divulgence podcast at two Central I think to Central to Eastern. Uh, me and Nick are going on and uh, maybe I'll have something else this week this weekend. Uh, I forgot Could of Conspiracy. That's the date. Cold of Conspiracy is Sunday, so I'll be putting that out on Patreon probably, And uh don't have any other shows rust at Gods maybe sometime Headless, I don't know, we'll.
Speaker 1: Uh anytime you got up and spot there.
Speaker 4: Oh in Austin Picard on January ninth, everybody is going to be and we're getting closer to the second year anniversary. You guys know what time it is. Let's fucking go anyway again, thank you Nick for for hosting this tonight.
Speaker 1: This was fun.
Speaker 2: Of course, I had a place way.
Speaker 4: Me and Doc got a show coming soon he has he's he's going to be dropping our episode on his channel and Headless too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I had some bangers headed y'all's way, guys, and he just came on my show as well. So y'all go check that out. So did Julia.
Speaker 2: Yeah I know I saw that.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so y'all, y'all go check that out. If y'all I'll have it.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, good stuff for sure. And Doc Brown, thank you so much man for jumping on and joining us today.
Speaker 5: It's so it was a pleasure, no, man, I appreciate the invite.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: I don't get many opportunities to sit down and hang out with all you guys. You guys are some of my favorite people in this sphere, so I enjoy I get to sit down and shoot the ship with you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I had a really good time.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: I didn't add a lot to the conversation, but I was glad to just be here and uh key in every once in a while. But yeah, my show is prometheous Lynn's podcast anywhere you can see content. Same thing with the social media's websites promitos, lynspodcast dot com. Uh my book epic up Esol, Birthright, and seed War. You can get that on Amazon, UH twenty for the hard copy, ten for the digital.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: If you can't read or don't want to read, you can get on audible. I read the uh book to you, so it's no AI stuff. You get to hear this Southern draw read it to you.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to thank you great yep, and that's it.
Speaker 2: That's great stuff. Man, Thank you very much for joining us. But dude, I always appreciate it. And uh yeah again, I love you guys.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: Hell thanks yeah uh and again thanks to chat everybody for that was here from the beginning to end. There was a lot of you. That's why we do it. And uh until the next one, everybody be well later.