Speaker 1: We come here, we come here, we come.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Hee.
Speaker 4: Right right, okay, rakey raikey, hands off those snakies.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show checking in. Free beer Friday, twentieth Anniversary Party eve, your absolute last chances to get into the bash tomorrow. Free beer Friday. Every case of beer comes with a six pack of tickets that'll get you into the Carbox Brewery to the twenty anniversary party straight up at six, seven, eight and nine beer and a six pack of tickets. And then Chilly you knew he was gonna do this. The absolute last pair in existence are coming your way on No the Show. The last thing we give away at the end, as we're wrapping up open phones Friday, which seems like ten hours from now, it's only four, we will give those away before we leave. We'll get one more of you into the party. And then that's if we part ways, and then we do the damn thing tomorrow, all right. Ten percent chance of rain sunny hip ninety one on Tomorrow, Party day sunny, low chances of rain ninety one, perfect party day. It's an outdoor party Tomorrow, same thing goes for Sunday.
Speaker 2: Pretty good looking weekend morning, Tesla.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Tessa.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks good.
Speaker 1: What's Houston's headline?
Speaker 6: I'd like So around half a million customers in Tampa are still without power following Hurricane Milton. Overall, nearly two and a half million are still in the dark. So it's kind of a dire situation over there. Di rus As. It's putting a rush of four hundred thousand pandemic aid claims to businesses hit by Helene and Milton. The total man claims there comes out to be about ten billion dollars and they can't really provide a specific timeline. Motorists in California and Texas should be on the watch next year for self driving Tesla CEO Elon mussaid the Model three and Model y electric vehicles will be up and running in California and Texas. He also showed off the company's cybercab Robotaxi.
Speaker 5: There was an invitation only.
Speaker 6: Event yesterday at Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, California. Robots included guys, we'll be talking about this more.
Speaker 5: Also, uh, crocs for dogs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who let the crocs out?
Speaker 5: These are going to debut later this month.
Speaker 6: They're like normal crocs, but smaller, and they come in sets of four. There's a strap around the ankle so they won't slip off. We've got a picture, they say. Fans have been asking for dog crocs for years, so finally they caved.
Speaker 5: They went for it.
Speaker 6: They're already listed on Croc's website for fifty dollars, but you can't buy them until October twenty third. I never watched the eighties cartoon Voltron, but apparently it was super popular and people are very excited.
Speaker 1: I looked it up this morning, and yeah, I remember it. It wasn't like we didn't love it, it just was on.
Speaker 6: It's popular enough that it's being the turn into a live action movie, and all we know so far is that Superman Henry Cavill former Superman Henry Cable will star in it. He's really hot, he's a big time actor, so it sounds like a big time project. Oasis member Liam Galla shared that he and his brother Noel have no plans to do joint interviews anytime soon. They apparently have some concerns about the media asking interest.
Speaker 5: Some questions that constrain their relationship, so.
Speaker 6: The Oasis reunion did happen fifteen years after the band stopped touring, reportedly following an argument between the brothers. We don't want to do interviews because they're going to try to pick holes in our relationship and it is apparently not strong enough to deal with that.
Speaker 5: So no Oasis interviews. Those are Houston Sidlites.
Speaker 2: Take it Alex. On Thursday Night Football, the forty.
Speaker 7: Nine Ers beat the Seahawks thirty six to twenty four. San Francisco's Brock Party through for three touchdowns in the game. Texans will be on the road on Sunday. They're going to play the Patriots. Texas come into this game is six and a half point favorites. Kickoff is going to be at noon and you can watch the game on CBS. Tomorrow maybe the biggest college football day of the year. The most notable games on the schedule for tomorrow's slate. We got number one ut against Oklahoma in the Red River Shootout, Number two Ohio State. It's going to be at number three Oregon, and then we have number thirteen LSU taking on number nine Ole Miss.
Speaker 1: And the MLB playoffs.
Speaker 7: Last night, the Guardians got by the Tigers five to four to force the Game five in that series, and the Yankees beat the Royals three to one, who advance to the ALCS. Tonight, the Dodgers and Padres are gonna play Game five of the NLDS. That's a winner take all. Right there first pitches at seven, and you can watch it on Fox. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna clear out these fall lines.
Speaker 2: Clear them out myself.
Speaker 1: I didn't say the call just yet. There we go. Clearing, clearing, clearing, clearing, clearing, clearing, clearing the fall lines. Okay, guys, free beer Friday, your last chance to get into the party all morning long. Strap yourselves into the most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 2: Starts. I love you, mister rug.
Speaker 5: Good morning Friday, Friday.
Speaker 2: Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday and Friday Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: You should have seen everybody's eyes light up in the studio. You guys all thought Robbie got through.
Speaker 2: I got Robbie on tape.
Speaker 5: It's just nice. It's nice to hear him check in.
Speaker 1: Let's see who's really on the phone here. Good budding rod Ryan Show. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: That's right?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now this I don't have on tape. This is a real live phone call.
Speaker 2: Here, are we sure?
Speaker 9: Ray?
Speaker 1: Yes, this is you calling in right now?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 10: That is absolutely positively true?
Speaker 1: Yes, so this this is Robbie on tape. Mister Ray, your caller number ten. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: Oh it's gonna be a.
Speaker 11: Good weekend, Bro.
Speaker 2: You a case of beer.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our friends over at Specs. And you now have a six pack of tickets to the Rob Ryan Show twenty te adversary party tomorrow.
Speaker 5: That's wild.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Where you're from? Ray?
Speaker 12: I live in a little town outside neat Field.
Speaker 2: Oh god, okay, all right, I like this.
Speaker 1: Can you scramble up five people to bring to the party tomorrow?
Speaker 8: I will be able to possibly.
Speaker 2: Maybe do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, I look forward to uh hanging with you and your crew. Ray, Thank you for listening. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: This is a huge.
Speaker 1: Huge freevieer Friday win for you? Ray? Is it your first time winning free beer Friday?
Speaker 13: I see it is last time I want.
Speaker 12: Something but year ago?
Speaker 1: No kidding? All right, dude, Well you won big today? Can coratulations? Can you hang on for me, I'm all right, hang on for me, all right, I'll shoot you over to Chile and he'll set you up with all your goods. Thank you, brother, thank you. That's Ray over there.
Speaker 5: That's Ray, Raisin Gray plus five Raisin.
Speaker 1: You're right, Raisins. Six six pack of tickets coming with this seven o'clock beer, a six pack of tickets coming with the eight o'clock beer, a six pack of tickets coming with the nine o'clock beer. And then Chili just being the swell guy that he is. You're right, he's swelled. One final pair of tickets on Know the show before we get out of here. Turn you loose for the weekend. One more of you will get in. So that's your ticket lineup. Hey, we got to do some other things today on the show. We got to get the other Matt guy like he is like the third mat for me. He might be the fifth mat, just fifth Mac. He's going for win number two, fresh out of bed.
Speaker 2: Head to head.
Speaker 1: I've got Tom Sagro tickets. They're going on sale today at ten am. We have win them before they go on and sale, because we made the announcement we'll have those for you on the Fun Fact flashback. We can get you into Monster Jam. We're gonna be talking a lot about Monster Jam next week, and we've been doing it all this week. I got a four pack of tickets with pit passes coming your way at around seven twenty. And then, you know, hopefully we have a few laughs along the way and we take your mind off of the nonsense that is the morning commute, and we'll do all that sort of thing together. So that's kind of what we have planned here for you today on the show. Tessa birthday today, Happy birthday, Thank.
Speaker 5: You very much.
Speaker 1: Celebrations, I mean, the party is tomorrow. How convenient it is for you to have your birthday on the twentieth anniversary party? Yeah, I kind of a built in, built in celebration.
Speaker 6: I didn't lock that date in, but I'll be very happy to drink some beers on the weekend of my birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, you haven't said much about it. I know this one mentioned it the other day, But you haven't been pulling a or have you been pulling a birthday week? You doing that again?
Speaker 6: No, And if I was, I would not tell you, either of you. Right, We don't we look down on anyone that celebrates your birthday, So maybe I am doing it.
Speaker 5: Just in privacy.
Speaker 1: You are, well, yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 6: Just mega, like it's all about me. I'm wearing sashes, but only when you guys aren't around crowd.
Speaker 5: I have tiaras. I just won't wear them in front of y'all.
Speaker 1: I'm calling you celebrate.
Speaker 5: You know, you guys are super cool.
Speaker 14: We me.
Speaker 1: I mean when you take off for your birthday.
Speaker 5: Off, I would have loved off and then I just show up at the party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: That would have been great, but I'm here.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 5: I'm here.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So you got the lineup for what we're doing on the air CHILEI has a ton of stuff over on links and guests today, so that's going to be absolutely packed. Last night Luckies, well I'm sorry it's little Woodrows. It was formally Luckies. But hey, how was that eight o one stint Emmanuel? It was really good. It was really good. It was manageable good. Okay, like not, it wasn't like insane. It was packed. It was absolutely packed.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's just different when we go to the suburbs. It's different the further we go away. From the radio station.
Speaker 5: The more the community comes out, the.
Speaker 1: More crazy the people are. I mean crazy in a good way. I do crazy tho. Yeah, I mean, you know when you look at what happened at Porky's when we were in in Humble, people were just like, I can't believe you're here. I can't I live down the street, Rod, I cannot believe you're here. I had that same experience when I was young. I remember the radio station that I listened to. It was obviously a station that was in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: New York, in the city, but when they came.
Speaker 1: To a bar in north Tonawanda and Iron Mike Benson was at a bar in north Tonawanda, I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know you.
Speaker 1: Knew where this was, Iron Mike Benson. He was at a bar, a bar that I go to in north Tonjana.
Speaker 2: It's twenty minutes away.
Speaker 1: Okay. I couldn't believe that Iron Mike Benson knew where I lived, which he didn't, but he just happened to be at a bar in my hometown. It was the same thing in Humble, Katie. It was wild, Okay. People inside the loop and people you know, in Edo like it's Rod We've seen him before, the biggest, don't get me wrong. Took a hundred pictures, got to shake a lot of hands, met a lot of new people, a lot of people that had been to all these parties and were just trying at each and every location that we went to.
Speaker 5: So then the odds were a little better for them.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was pretty packed.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you had better odds. It's just people were not as excited. You know, Houston people like, yeah, Ron, you're here.
Speaker 5: We know, yeah, You're just like we get cool stuff in here in the loop all the time.
Speaker 1: But Rod Umble, we're coming, We're coming to that. So that was the difference.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a really really fun party last night. I want to talk about the t shirts that Mundo and Victor came up with. They made their own shirts, and you were.
Speaker 2: Talking to cute tops. I found my cute top.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to share pictures to have been listening and a bunch of them. But these two guys have been around forever and they made up a dream rod Ryan Show festival. They took all the bands. That means we're gonna have to go with you have the band list.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I gave it to Okay, that's how you got it.
Speaker 1: They every dumb band starting with Itchy Pickle and and Chas Bono's Beard and Scabby Gina and every dumb name that we've ever come up with. This is going back all to Teresa on the show and through Dinah in your era. These band names. They put them on a T shirt.
Speaker 7: It's so good, and they're.
Speaker 1: Like, you can have these. They just made. They made twenty t shirts. They just made twenty shirts up and Alex said, you're wearing that to the You're wearing the anniversary party. It's so great. It's so great.
Speaker 2: So I want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: There is and I'm also going to release a T shirt that you got can purchase tomorrow. I'm gonna show you what that looks like. There is a T shirt that is commemorating the party that will be only sold at the party. We'll pull it off really quick. Dev did such a great job on it twentieth anniversary party. I was there. We're making I had originally ordered three hundred of them because the day after the show, it doesn't mean anything. You can't who once an I was their shirt. If you weren't there and it's Monday, I do well, but you were there, so I uped it to five hundred. I'm gonna have five hundred of these on sale at the anniversary show tomorrow, and it's got the twentieth anniversary logo the Buzz but yeah, Twentiethanaverse. It's a it's a party specific shirt that we're gonna be selling. We'll be selling Boobs Rock merchandise out there, and all the money, of course, will go to our campaign to MD Anderson. So there's a lot to talk about today on the show. There's a lot of winning today on the show. There's a lot of beer. There's a lot of everything.
Speaker 2: Man, let's take a short break.
Speaker 1: Let me come back in a rec check for you'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the fresh out of bed Head to Head fifth, Matt, You've better be ready.
Speaker 15: Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them of the rod Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 1: But ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Happy Free Beer Friday, Everybody Beer.
Speaker 2: Provided by Specs.
Speaker 1: Tickets to the show tomorrow provided by US. A six pack of anniversary party tickets with every case of beer. We'll do it again. At seven, eight and nine. You see nothing over a ten percent chance of raining this entire weekend. Sunny skies, beautiful low nineties.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: What's trending.
Speaker 6: The Sunday Night Football blog page is still the number one blog page by this morning alone.
Speaker 5: It's been hit ten thousand times.
Speaker 6: Yesterday when we left, it was at like one hundred and sixty five k oh The carry under Yeah clicks, so that Carrie Underwood, the fact that every time the Sunday Night Football theme is aired, she makes a milli people. I've been clicking on this. It's gone completely viral. Now after that, you have a Fanny Friday, so that's normally the number one link, easily the number one link. That's what people are clicking on as well, probably here locally.
Speaker 5: And then the Fistagram.
Speaker 6: Thursday, and you're looking at girls blog page also doing well if you go to links and guess that's what trending for us.
Speaker 5: On ninety four to five, the.
Speaker 16: Bus No, come on, Robbie, get out of here.
Speaker 1: Where is my guy? Matt?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Got him?
Speaker 9: Good morning everybody. This is former Fresh Fish Matt. Now, I've been listening to this silly show forever, and I've won my fair share of free booty, but this is my first time winning the fresh out of bed head to head, so I'll sell you what the heck. Let's go for the Hall of Fame. Join me on free beer Fridays. I make a win number two.
Speaker 1: Popies seven one three, two, one two, five, nine four five. If you think you can beat this guy right now, it's thirty seconds of Mars. It's the buzz ninety four or five the buzz. Good morning rod Ryan's Show, Good morning home Room. Thank you so much for being up dark and early with us. Pretty good looking weekend here, A great looking weekend here. I'm sure we all wish it was a little cooler, but man low nineties, sunny, no rain. Party tomorrow rod Ryan Show, twentyth anniversary party going down to the carbob Breweries. Finally here. We've been talking about it forever. I know panic is setting in for some of you that don't have tickets yet.
Speaker 2: Top of the hour, which is seven.
Speaker 1: O'clock and then eight o'clock and nine o'clock beer and a six pack of tickets to the party, and then Chili's got a one final pair, the last one, the last pair of tickets will be given away. I know the show. Then we turn you loose for the weekend, and then we.
Speaker 2: Roll with a couple thousand of you tomorrow out there at the brewery.
Speaker 17: And now it's time for the Fresh out of Bed Head to head Challenge. Listeners to your corners, Yo, Matt, good morning.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning, brother Rod. What's going on?
Speaker 1: So it's up just one of our mats, just another one of our mats out there.
Speaker 2: You were a fresh fish yesterday? Is that true?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Where that is correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bro, see if you can string together a couple of wins. Dave Conaway says, uh huh, I got this. Hey Dave, bro Bro, I don't remember you playing this game. You're commenting all the time. I know your calls and everything, and we've got a great history together with the band. I don't remember you playing Fresh out of Bed. When was the last time? Oh it's been years. I've played three or four times over the years.
Speaker 9: Okay, I got knocked out Day four twice.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got knocked out. Okay, Well let's see how rusty Dave is. Matt's a fresh so we don't know much about him. Oh, then he's got a great voice. Although he's calling me on a weird does he sound different today.
Speaker 2: It's a satellite phone.
Speaker 1: Yesterday he sounded like this on the phone. He always do. Hey, oh there you are?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 9: Is that a little bit better?
Speaker 1: That is a little bit better? Thanks? What are they playing for?
Speaker 6: I have a pair of ticket seen Tony's at house and boe.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. We're listening for Dave. We're listening for Matt. Here we go. What is the chemical symbol for water?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Dave? Two h two oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Haul and Oates H two oh. I think one of those guys is having I think Darrel Hall Darrel Halter is like seventy eight this weekend.
Speaker 2: It's like, what.
Speaker 1: My Dave, you're on the board, Dave. He just I'm telling you what Matt he Us got in there before you. You were close? All right, say your name before the other guy. Here we go. What organ in our bodies is responsible for pumping blood?
Speaker 12: Matt?
Speaker 1: Matt got through first on that one. Hello, Matt, go ahead, heart correct answer. We got a pretty good game here on a Friday, got a good game. Who is going to get through first and then have the correct answer. I'll give you two choices. It's Matt and Dave. Those are your choices. Here here comes your question, fellas, what is the tallest animal on earth?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 1: Matt, Matt, gotta go with giraffe. Go with it.
Speaker 2: If you go with the giraffe, you're correct.
Speaker 1: Let's go dude. Okay, he went with the giraffe. He got your those your gay man, he got you.
Speaker 18: Dave.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, all right, brother Dave, have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Matt. You just punched your ticket to Monday's show.
Speaker 9: Outstanding man.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for you. You got Tony's tickets. Now added I think you probably got a T shirt yesterday. You can keep winning crap from us for three more days. So keep it going, all right, all right, my brother, to make it happen.
Speaker 17: Good luck away le Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: Ninety four The buzz Incubus Rot Ryan Show, Home Room, Love you guys. Six thirty four ten percent chance of rain today tomorrow Sunday sunny today tomorrow Sunday low nineties. Today Tomorrow Sunday, great looking weekend. Another case of beer in a six pack of tickets to the Rob Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party coming up at seven, at eight and at nine and uh this guy he won again a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 9: Good morning, everybody former fresh It's Matt here.
Speaker 1: Now you're fresh out of bed fits ahead.
Speaker 9: Two today champions, So sorry, no one pump shop this morning. Join me on Monday when I make you win number three my bees.
Speaker 1: Definitely it's sexy James Brother definitely giving off a vibe over here for sure. Um Tom Sigoura tickets going on sale today.
Speaker 2: We'll get you into his show in a minute.
Speaker 19: But first, it's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart and funny here, buddies, it's the funk back.
Speaker 1: To the day. Heart Brother is a fun fact for you guys today. Tell you buddies all about these today and you look real smart, like Hal does Hell looks very smart repeating these to his friends over there at Raymond James Day. Bring it like do you get everybody like on a like a zoom or a teams meeting? Like at Raymond James and then you say, here's today's fun facts on Zoom. Yeah, that's awesome. How about I love helping you out like that helping out a brother. You can tell your team today that the Harlem Globetrotters we're founded in Chicago. Their offices are now in Georgia, and they've never been based anywhere in New York, let alone Harlem.
Speaker 2: Disappointed.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm disappointed Harlem. They've never ever been located in Harlem, but they do represent. In twenty twenty two, Samsung ended IBM's twenty nine year streak of securing more patents than any other company. In twenty twenty three, IBM was third behind Samsung and LG.
Speaker 5: That is fun.
Speaker 1: Whoa final fun fact for you today? I feel like you guys haven't been very impressed with these so far. Just the vibe. Just the vibe I'm getting. The YMCA sued the Village People over the song YMCA That's neat. It couldn't be successful. They dropped the suit when they found their memberships had more than doubled thanks to the song. It was a pretty good advertisement for the YMCA, so they just kind of bowed out of that.
Speaker 19: It's the fuck that's of the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about these tickets here.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: Tom's Saga is playing Energy Arena April fifth. We've got a pair of tickets which go on sale after the tickets go on sale after the show at ten am.
Speaker 5: But we've got to pair right now for someone.
Speaker 2: All right, sure.
Speaker 1: Fun fact that.
Speaker 2: The Beach Boys.
Speaker 1: Had a big hit number of years ago. They had a lot of hits, but this was a little bit later in their career, and they sang, what we found out is a fictional place. There is no island off the Florida Keys or the Caribbean with that name. They made it up seven one three two one two five nine four five. Now time for rack out with your stock out with Captain k Oh. I hope that's a I hope that uh was a little foreshadowing what you're about to say. Get a little heavy yourself. Yeah, Okay, what's going on?
Speaker 2: What happened on Wall Street yesterday?
Speaker 20: For yesterday the Dow was down fifty seven points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand, and four to fifty four NASDAC down nine to eighteen, two hundred and eighty two benchmark ten. Your treasury set a four point one percent, and oil stands at seventy five dollars twenty three cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs, United Health, Amazon and Salesforce, the big duds Boeing Home Depot, and three M on the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on the Producer Price Index for September right now, futures barely on the upside. Hang on to this would be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm out of here.
Speaker 20: This is holl And Manage Director with a Ramon James porter for the Rod Ryan Show from Ramony James on the same flip and Augusta and no, if you get toys rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 15: Opinions expressed are those of hell Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nat AS, IBC, IART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer, or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is for educational and informational purposes. On the studs and duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 2: By the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show. Yeah sure, yeah, let's do this. Good morning, who's on the pun? Good morning?
Speaker 2: Hello? Who's this Emily?
Speaker 1: Thanks for being up early with us. Emily appreciate you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, agree, beat, thank you.
Speaker 1: Beach Boys saying about this fictional place. I I mean, up until yesterday, I really thought it was a real place. There is no island off the Florida Keys name this. This is easy? What is it? Cocomo? Hey, when you think what, let's think about a place that I can actually go to. Beach Boys can win. What are you giving her?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 5: I hope you like comedy.
Speaker 6: Tom Sigraz doing Energy on April fis and the tickets are for you.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: Tosat tickets go on Sam through ticket Master locations today at ten a m. That's it for us. Emily took the last ones. Have a great weekend, Emily.
Speaker 6: Can you see also you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh you're into the party too. What I'm in.
Speaker 1: I got guys with you that haven't won anything in twenty years. You're just winning stuff all the time from us apparently.
Speaker 14: Oops, same game, fun fact flash back, No kidding.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll see you tomorrow twenty years of May m in the morning with the Run Ryan Show only on ninety four.
Speaker 2: Or five the bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the bus? All right, A couple skate from Papa Roach. Let's leave a light on Rob Ryan Show premiere Friday. More tickets, more everything, but more tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party, which is going down tomorrow at carbonk Brewery. Six pack of tickets coming with that next case of beer. We'll do it at eight, We'll do it at nine. You guys know, I know why you're listening. I know why you're listening. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies, low nineties. That's what we're calling for the entire weekend. Let's find out what's going on in the world. Birthday girl, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 6: At least fourteen people are dead after Hurricane Milton ravage Florida's West coast. Milton made landfall Wednesday night is powerful Category three hurricane. It brought torrential rain, powerful winds, and several tornadoes. The damage is extensive and roughly two and a half million customers are still without power here in Houston. One person is dead and several others are injured following a chemical incident involving the release of poisonous gas at a Pemex refinery that's in Deer Park. The Harris County Sheriff's Office says one of the refineries operating units experienced a leak of hydrogen soulfide was about five pm yesterday afternoon, and that prompted a shelter and place order for everyone in Deer Park everyone in Pasadena. An investigation into this leak is ongoing. Some parents love to go trigger treating with their kids.
Speaker 5: Some love to stay back home and hand out candy. But what if you're torn because you want to do both.
Speaker 6: Oh, there's a solution online that's going viral, calling the called the trick or Treatable Costume.
Speaker 5: The worst part is you have to make it.
Speaker 6: But it's a costume that turns you into a Halloween candy ball, So you walk around with your kids and you could be a mobile candy dispenser along the way. Got everything you need, all the instructions, it's all on our blog page.
Speaker 1: The intentions are great. Here stand what they're doing.
Speaker 2: A man.
Speaker 1: A man cannot walk around, oh yeah, and have a candy bowl around his waist and have kids and have kids grabbing candy from that area.
Speaker 5: I did not think about that, I understand.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say it. This is a solid no. Okay, I know it's on links and guests today. No dude can get away with this.
Speaker 2: Let me just carry the bowl around. Think about d in a box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what you do that that bit from Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen it. I haven't clicked on it. I don't know what it looks like.
Speaker 7: It sounds amatic, very I mean, it's just maybe we just avoid that.
Speaker 2: That's just when we avoid.
Speaker 5: Here's what you do.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you to not click on that link today. There everybody has a pass from clicking on that one. Perfect don't make this costume fellas.
Speaker 6: If you're a fan of horror movies, then you know all about the Final Girl. She's the woman who survives the killer and usually kills him or her until the sequel.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this is such a funny list because it's so specific. It's the last girl standing in the movies, the last one.
Speaker 6: There's always murders before, you know, like in Scream, Drew Barrymore as the first girl to go.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, they kind of explained it in Scream, right, there's always like one chick that makes it out last one. Uh huh.
Speaker 6: Well, we have the top ten. I'll give you a couple from the first five. But Laurie Strode from Halloween played by Jamie Lee Curtis is being voted on. Now this is this is at rinker dot com, so this is constantly being voted. If you don't like this list, go vote for who you like.
Speaker 5: But she's number one.
Speaker 6: Sidney Prescott from Scream played by Nev Campbell. Neve Campbell is number two, Ellen Ripley from Alien played by Cigourney Weaver, and Grace s Lomas from Ready or Not. I haven't seen that one. I don't know what that one is. And then Nancy Thompson from a Nightmare on Elm Street. Those are your top five final girls. James Hepfields has Metallica will never be a legacy band that just plays the hits.
Speaker 5: He was giving an.
Speaker 6: Interview the other day with loudwire or doing the Metallica Report podcast, and he was talking about what it's like adding songs from twenty twenty three seventy two seasons into their set list and why they will always mix new material into their performance. They said, you know, we want a people, we want people to hear the best of but we've got to challenge them to listen to some of the new stuff as well. You can go read his whole reasoning of not wanting to be a legacy band that just plays the greatest hits. He says playing new material is really part of what they do.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston headlines.
Speaker 1: They're a unique band is in the fact that they've been around forever. But look, listen to this right here, luxA Turna. Is there anybody that's a Metallica fan that doesn't think this is a great newer song from them. Yes, it's a great song, awesome, But when you go see and I'm going to compare them to the Rolling Stones, when he goes see the Rolling Stones, nobody wants to hear that new crap. Nobody knows that, but you have to allow them to do it because that's where they stretch their legs and they're still musicians and they want to make they want to make new music. So what James is saying is, we're not going to just go out there and be you know, Journey's not playing any new songs. Okay, they're just playing their catalog. They're playing the hits. So they're saying, we're not going to do that. Okay, I mean if you love the band, I mean what I'm trying to think of a band for alex Incubus. Okay, Incubus, they.
Speaker 2: Just did the they just did the best hits too correct.
Speaker 1: But you'll continue to go see Incubus onto your later years. You're gonna give them a pass and let them play three or four new songs every time you go see them moving forward? Or do you just want to hear the hits.
Speaker 7: I'd like to hear the hits, but i'd like to hear like if it's a new song, I'll check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you guys all new.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, what are we doing now?
Speaker 1: You can't expect musicians to stop musicianing.
Speaker 7: Especially when you just have so many hits, like Mentalica could only play hits, and like if you like no matter what it is, somebody's gonna be disappointed.
Speaker 2: That you left out one of their songs and you have like five hundred hits. I mean, roll my favorite one. You didn't play fuel. It's like, well they had three and a half hours, they could only play so many songs.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna try to do his voice. But Mick Jagger comes on and says, all right, this is a new one, and you just see everybody going for a beer. You see a mass exodus. It's it's time for the bathroom. It's time for a beer. A new song by the Stones. Okay, let's go get something to drink.
Speaker 7: That's what's crazy about the Taylor Swift stuff. Just like everybody like just lost their mind on every.
Speaker 2: Single time.
Speaker 5: That you can't pick a time to go to the restroom. It's awful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta wear a dieper a Taylor swiat h Absolutely what's going.
Speaker 2: On in sports on Thursday? And football?
Speaker 7: The forty nine Ers beat the Seahawks thirty six to twenty four. San Francisco's Brock Party through for three touchdowns in that one Texans are gonna be on the road Sunday to take on the Patriots. There's six and a half point favorites coming into that game. Kick Off will be at noon and you can watch it on CBS. And college football. You got a huge day on the college footble slate tomorrow' some notable games. Number one ut will play Oklahoma at two thirty. Ohio State's gonna take on Oregon at six thirty, and also at six thirty will be number thirteen LUs against number nine Ole Miss in the MLB playoffs. Last night, the Guardians got by the Tigers five to four to force a Game five in that series, and the Yankees beat the Royals three to one to advance to the ALCS. Tonight, the Dodgers and Padres are gonna play Game five of the NLDS first pitches at seven and you can watch it on Fox.
Speaker 2: That is going on in.
Speaker 1: Sports, A lot of those games during the day, big games. You're you're talking about these college games. Yeah, So not one listener, not one like fan of the show, people that are dying to get in to win tickets, Not one person has asked me about, Hey, are they're gonna be TV's on, or there's gonna be games on. I go over to our sales pit over here. Yeah, they're all asked, hey, are these games.
Speaker 2: Gonna be on?
Speaker 7: I'm like what, Obviously I don't know about the answer to that, but like, do you.
Speaker 2: Have an answer to that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the beer garden that they have there, they have TVs. I imagine they would be on. So now if you need the sound up, yeah, just cho some obscure college game. No, there's not gonna be sound up. We have a concert going on. No listener asked me about that. Two salespeople ask me about it.
Speaker 2: They've been here a couple of times, but it's like, dude, it's a show. You're the sports guy. They should ask you.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's TVs there.
Speaker 2: I guess games will be I don't know. You're better. I don't even care.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 14: The bus go.
Speaker 5: Let's go Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: He's got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday' Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. We're rod Well Well well, who is this?
Speaker 1: How are you today? Dude?
Speaker 11: I'm about to be a heck of a lot better, I think.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, I don't know, Chilli.
Speaker 1: This is because this is the.
Speaker 22: Guy one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, There was nine and then yeah you're ten, dude.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Roger a case of beer, Thank you, Specs, and a six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty ten versary.
Speaker 11: Pay man.
Speaker 2: That's aw that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: It is pretty awesome. Six tickets is a pretty unique thing to be given away for and people who just would be happy with one. Right now, I'm hearing a lot of like, dude, just one, can.
Speaker 2: I just get I just don't care.
Speaker 1: I don't need to bring anybody. Just can I get one? Well, Roger has a surplus of them right now. How do you get a brand?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 11: I have four kids, so the whole family's con playmate.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, all right, bro, Hey, congratulations, Roger are you from I'm in conversation? Okay, dude, we'll see you at the party tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm so looking forward here.
Speaker 11: I've been watching Blue October since the nineties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I got no reason to believe that. Justin is just going to be absolutely so ready to go. I haven't talked to him, but he's just he's never ever disappointed me once ever. Justin and Ryan are going to be there and that set is just going to be I've seen it before. I've seen them do acoustic things before, so I know it's going to be absolutely nails.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're in. Robert or Roger, congratulations, dude, hey man, have a great rest of the show. See on tomorrow. Thank you, thank you. We'll see you and the fam out there eight o'clock, nine o'clock, beer and tickets. Know the show chill. He's got one final pair before we say okay, that's it. We'll see you tomorrow. That's all, folks. So those are your chances.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Well, Rodnie're gonna be out later today with tickets.
Speaker 9: No, no, no.
Speaker 1: Last night was the last party we were at Little Woodrow's.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for coming out. Keep sharing those pictures with me from last night. It was really really fun. You know, listen, it's not fun for me at all to have somebody come out to these events and then just see there, just see them like just fading because they're not hearing their name, and it's just it's going. It's like, oh damn, oh my god. And then when it came down to the last name to see it was like Rolling Stones playing a new song. I called the last name and then boom, a line of people are just walking. That's not fun for me, it's not I wish we could have done this thing at Energy Stadium, you know, but we have a limited number of people that we can get in a lot of questions coming in. Eddie's a big college football fan. He said, listen, you brought it up. I don't really care about the games, but University of Texas versus Oklahoma, I don't need the sound up.
Speaker 2: Just please have that one on. Yeah, some of us specific games.
Speaker 1: Is that the big game tomorrow?
Speaker 23: He said?
Speaker 2: There was a bunch of big games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean number two and number three in the country play each other, right Ohio State Oregon?
Speaker 1: All right, Eddie, I hope your game's on.
Speaker 2: I don't know it.
Speaker 1: I'm more concerned with Brent and Zach of Shinedown that I agree.
Speaker 2: I'm very you know, as you should be.
Speaker 1: My eye is on that prize.
Speaker 2: I've never met Jacob Noel before Sublime. Uh, and I don't I still know.
Speaker 1: I still don't know who's going to be there with him. I don't know if he's bringing anybody else, anybody else from Sublime, or if it's just going to be him. There were rumors early when he agreed to it, he said, and I'll see if I can get a couple of well, there's only two other guys. I'll see if I can bring somebody with me. So I don't know what Jacob's doing. I have no idea, but I guess I'll be there tomorrow. I guess I'll find out. You know, Blue October I just talked about how great they are Theory of the Dead man X's and Rosie Rosie played last night. Man, they were good. So many people backed up us, and they said, oh, I see why you like these guys so much. They were killer last night and they seamlessly go between there's no there's no going and speaking of Rosie and bands and playing stuff, there is nobody tuning out from their amazing cover of Journey to an original song of theirs. There's no like, oh now this is just their song. I can tell this is the energy and the greatness is there. They're so great at the cover songs that they choose to do, and then they seamlessly sprinkle in all of their originals and those are hit songs now to me, I mean Rosie's originals, cry like a baby, All those those are hit songs to me. You know, I love them. So they're going to be great, they said. They actually shared with the audience like a couple of the songs that they are going to be doing live as they get things. They open things tomorrow at the twentieth anniversary show. So Rosie very very excited, and they are just they are firing on all four of their cylinders right now.
Speaker 2: Doors open at three.
Speaker 1: The chair policy is you can bring one of those fold up chairs, you know, the chair in the bag or whatever. Bring your own chair you can, but you're not gonna park that in front of the stage. There's an area where it clearly says no chair is past this area.
Speaker 2: Can I bring any kind of chair?
Speaker 7: Is there a specific like the folding chairs, maybe those camping chairs. Can I bring a bean bag, even a stool, one of those giant chairs, Maybe.
Speaker 1: Bring your couch, don't don't don't do that. Okay, a fold up chair apparently you can bring those. There's no outside food brought in. There will be food trucks there. The pizza joint will be open with a limited menu. There's going to be water, okay, Liquid Death is the official sponsor. Of course, there'll be bottled water. And then it's a brewery, so there's going to be beer, and there would be plenty of Love Street Bald on tap, which people were drinking last night, which is very good. And I do want to thank the guys over at Little Woodrow's. They gave a buck back for every Love Street Bald sold last night, So I have no idea what the but people were drinking beers like it was a Saturday night last night.
Speaker 2: I may have had a few myself. What else I mean?
Speaker 1: I know you guys have questions, you know it's all ages. Does your kid need a ticket? Yeah, your kid needs a ticket.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 7: If you show up with oh, were just meeting my wife and our kid when you don't have two tickets, that's dad, Yeah bad, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What am I drinking? What am I eating? Where am I sitting? Those are the big questions is.
Speaker 7: There going to be a roof over the whole brewery, or will be outdoors meet doors.
Speaker 2: They will not be a roof.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're bringing your kid man slather around the sunscreen, you know, bring a small bag. Sure, you can bring a bag. Doesn't have to be clear like at the Energy Stadium. Gonna expect them to go through it.
Speaker 2: No fireworks, no lasting explosives, do none of that. And I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people coming to this thing. Use a ride share. There's a deal with Alto. I'm gonna have I'm gonna have chili to eat it out. There's a chance for a we I think we might have even a discount coupon. Yeah, the brewery. The brewery is working with Alto now and uh, whether it's Alto, uber Lyft whatever, that's gonna be your best bet to getting in and out of there. Okay, you're gonna drive your car. I get it. This guy Roger's probably driving in from what college station. He's got a family, he's driving. He's not al tooing from there. I'm just gonna have to find a parking spot and probably walk, drop off the family and then do what dads do. They park the car ten miles away and they walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what Dad's do.
Speaker 1: Somehow we got parking and we're walking.
Speaker 5: We got stuck with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, no lifeboats, we don't get the we don't get the rafts, and we got to go park the car and walk a mile.
Speaker 2: And to the gig at any point in time.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 2: So that's some of the.
Speaker 1: Questions that I've been getting asked. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow, and I hope your your college football game is on. I I don't care. And the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show. Fretty Beer Friday.
Speaker 1: Thank you Specs on board with us all year allowing us to get you a free case of beer every hour on Fridays.
Speaker 5: But this.
Speaker 1: Like we've done for like to think the last four weeks now six pack of tickets. So the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party coming at you straight up at eight and nine o'clock. All right, Bert the Girl, what's trending?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: So speaking of this day, ten eleven, it is also Coming Out Day. National Coming Out Day is raising awareness for individuals in the LGBTQ community, and they want to champion the idea that homophobia thrives in silence.
Speaker 1: So I always thought it was closer to I always associated in coming out with the holidays. Kid goes off to college. First time, they're leaving home, having a little fun finding out who they are. They come home for Thanksgiving dinner, Hey can I have some more that green bean castrole? Oh I'm gay?
Speaker 6: Well, I just always associated with gone two months well, my very best friend in high school came out to me. I could tell how much nerve she had worked up to have that conversation. So I think, like, whatever day you're feeling like the bravest, I guess.
Speaker 2: But you knew.
Speaker 23: I did know.
Speaker 17: We knew.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm like, yeah, dude, cool, Like you want to go like shoot some baskets like that's we were basketball friends.
Speaker 1: This only happened to me one time, and that was my response, Dude, we knew, right, And so I can on both changes.
Speaker 5: But like Rod, not everyone's like that. Not everyone's like you.
Speaker 6: Where it's like, oh my gosh, it's gonna be this huge deal and you're gonna get disowned, Like imagine having that pressure on you, Like is my are my friends and my family? Gonna love me the same way they love me if I tell them that I'm different. So I wanted to sign a little bit of light on that so and you sent me that earlier, so thank you for reminding me of that. Northern lights were visible across some parts of Texas.
Speaker 5: Now apparently some major solar storm hit the earth, but you could see like this beautiful purple sky. It was pink in some areas. It was like green and purple. It was really really nice.
Speaker 6: So pretty cool, pretty cool happening across our Texas skies. I always say we have the most beautiful sky. And then Fanny Friday trying to compete with that Carrie Underwood blog, but it is happening. There are a lot of people clicking on the Fanny Friday link. That's what's trending on eighty four five.
Speaker 14: Of the bus.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, Monster Jam, I mean you think we rest well, you think we sleep and just you know, we don't do. We don't stop here, that's for sure. Look at it what we've got for you this weekend, the big party. We have the golf tournament next week, then we go to Monster Jam next weekend. Energy Stadium October nineteenth. You get your tickets through ticket Master locations. You got all the new Marvel Monster Jam trucks that are going to be there, The Amazing Spider Man, Ironman, Black Panther in four Sparkles, Smash is going to be there. That's the Unicorn Rainbow truck that all the kids are you can out mine included, and oh yeah, and then the Rob Ryan Show Monster Jam truck and oh yeah, Grave Digger also going to be there. We're gonna be down there in the pits. If you'd like a four pack of pit passes and four pack of show passes, I'll take caller number ten seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: Ryan celebrating twenty years on.
Speaker 21: The Buzz, twenty years of the most beautiful man any of us have ever met. Yeah, yeah, ninety four five the Buzz jumping around with the Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: It must be free beer Friday.
Speaker 1: I hope that made your morning just a little bit better. It definitely worked on me. Thanks for joining us. Sunny skies today, low chances of rain, low nineties. That's today, tomorrow, and Sunday. That's what you're getting for your entire weekend. Over to the phones, good morning.
Speaker 23: Who's this?
Speaker 6: You have funny?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 1: Your caller number ten?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Also, I'm gonna get you a four packup tickets to moster jam with the pit passes. All right, so hopefully you can bring the family out there and have a good time. Come see us in the pits, get the pictures, get the whole thing. Let us sign your kid's face. We won't sign your kids.
Speaker 12: We might.
Speaker 1: I have signed a forehead before. I'm like, you don't want that. I'm like, and I had to go to the parents. I'm like, really, you good with this? I'm not gonna a kid says sign my face.
Speaker 2: You have got to go to the parent. That's fair.
Speaker 1: I got nah, let's not do that. And I look at the parent, I'm like, you good with this? Mom's like, yeah, go off, king do it?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 1: What my name's on your face? What are you gonna do with that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 23: We'll see you and the pits.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 12: Thank you so much, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: We've signed sneakers the backs of phones. Did that make it till the end of the show. It rubbed off, didn't it. There's one person out there probably and I'm you know, we're always You're always fortunate to sign an autograph.
Speaker 2: It's a huge thing.
Speaker 1: Is there one phone case out there in existence that still has anybody from the Rod Ryan Shows name on it?
Speaker 2: It wipes off. You put it in your pocket. The thing's toast. It's done. But we'll sign some stuff.
Speaker 1: We'll take pictures. The autograph. The autograph thing really has gone away. Everybody just wants to picture.
Speaker 7: It was like it used to be at the Woods when they had those tickets, because I remember the ticket mastered tickets specifically, but people would just get their individual tickets signed by like all of the Buzzfest bands, and I always felt like you're gonna smudge that at some point. But there are people that just had like immaculate autographs. I would have absolutely lost that ticket the second I walked out.
Speaker 24: You know.
Speaker 1: Always fun. Rosie signed a lot of autographs yesterday. They're the big stars, yeah, the house band. And then I'm walking around and people are wearing Rosy t shirts. They had their merch set up. They have rock stars. They have awesome merch, they really do. I mean you look at our table and we have like a sticker and Cruz and then you look at Rosie's table, and it's like being at Taylor Swift or something. They have everything.
Speaker 6: They have the slim can like hardcovers, Like that's better than a koozie. Like you unscrew the top, you can put your slim can in there.
Speaker 5: It's black and white.
Speaker 1: I have that.
Speaker 5: And then I love my Rosie shirt. I have worn that on TV before.
Speaker 6: Their logo is so cute, Like it's not not cute, it's like badass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were very last night. All right, so more beer straight up at eight with tickets to the show. You know what show I'm talking about. We'll do that at eight and nine.
Speaker 2: What is the saying.
Speaker 1: Boss makes a I make nickel, The boss makes a dime. That's why I poop on company time?
Speaker 2: Am I saying that?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: You're not, But that's the gist.
Speaker 2: Is it something like that?
Speaker 1: That's very boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. Boss makes a dollar.
Speaker 2: I make a dime.
Speaker 1: That's why I poop on company time. It's something like where they.
Speaker 7: Go with that.
Speaker 1: I think that's the closest. A Swiss court just ruled that workers it is legal for the employer to ask you to punch out for bathroom breaks. What hard times for the people of Switzerland. A court just ruled you can't hide out in the bathroom anymore at work. You can't just go hang out. And I know there's people that are listening that do this all the time on the rag. Okay, I think a lot of our emails come we yeah, I am.
Speaker 2: I wonder how many.
Speaker 1: It should almost be in put the law that if you are texting or emailing us from the potty, you have to tell us, like you have to.
Speaker 7: There's a whole discreet way that like it like pops up with like a blue dot next to the email.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I wouldn't even leave it up to them. It would be some sort of a GPS tracking thing like with a toilet. It would be installed in all toilets that we would know that it was coming from the pot So the Swiss luxury watch brand Singer, they changed its policy and told workers that if they need to use the restroom, you have to clock out. You don't get paid for that time. So they started doing this a couple of years ago, and labor inspector said this is illegal. They said it violated labor laws and you know it's you can't have your workers holding it and not hydrating that could lead to some serious health fishers, a court ruled it's not illegal. They are free to go back to making people pee on their own time. It is legal for them to do this, not here in the States. I don't know what the ruling is here. But Swiss labor laws are obviously different than ours. They say all sorts of weird stuff about bathrooms and how clean they have to be. There is nothing about workers having the right to go while they're being paid.
Speaker 2: Up to a clock company to worry about time.
Speaker 1: Right, But what company here is going to get a whiff of this story today and say all of them, let's uh, let's run how working on it?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: Let's run this one up the flagpole and see.
Speaker 6: I mean I thought the Swiss were like, is that one of the happiest countries or aren't they always in the top of the chart for.
Speaker 2: Last you put your banks?
Speaker 1: They it's a loophole.
Speaker 2: You can do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: So it's just some sort of loopholes coming to your work soon. It's free beer Friday, free deer Friday. No what let's sell it? Who The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five, The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz that Shine Down and Dead Don't Die. Brent Zach in town tomorrow from Shinedown performing an acoustic set at the anniversary show. Twenty minutes, twenty minutes, We're gonna give you a take. Twenty two minutes from now. Another case of beer will be offered up. Thank you, Specs, and another six pack of tickets to the show tomorrow. Two more opportunities eight and nine, and then chili put one final pair I mean, just that little chef's kiss of chili at the end of the show. One final pair of tickets and then that's it. Nothing online, no hidden links. I shouldn't tell you that, but I didn't hide a link that I This is it. Gotta listen, Gotta listen, man, good luck. Can't wait to party with you guys, Borrow. Bull of Drock is always just an insanely busy month for us. For me personally, it's an insane insanely busy month kind of you know, run in the charity and then the events. We already kicked it off. We had an amazing turnout, We had an amazing time at the car show. We bet the golf tournament next week then we have monster jam. It's just there's one thing after another after another.
Speaker 2: What I don't have in my house right now?
Speaker 1: I got decorations up. I'm pretty good on that. I don't think I have everything that I want out yet, but I'm I'm at eighty five percent. Marry a pumpkin at my house.
Speaker 2: Not one pumpkin.
Speaker 1: What do I get my pumpkins?
Speaker 2: You'll die? Do you want me to do it?
Speaker 1: You can have them, you just can't carve them.
Speaker 2: That's the whole.
Speaker 1: You carve them right before Halloween.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't just have pumpkins sitting outside and doing nothing.
Speaker 1: That's what you do.
Speaker 6: Rod, Give me five hundred dollars and I'll decorate your house with pumpkins, and then you can reckon end it to your neighbors, and then I'll do theirs, and then i'll give you twenty five dollars off.
Speaker 1: You know it. You know it's heavy, rotten pumpkins. You're heavy.
Speaker 5: I'll get those. I'll get them when the seasons is over. Well, that's what I'm saying. And I'll decompose.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll give them to Alix and I'll smash them and then we'll put them back in the environment, much like the.
Speaker 1: You know, the guys that have the business model to come and light your home because you don't want to You no longer want to get on ladders. Is there a service that will absolutely there is deliver pumpkins and then will also come the next day and get rid of them.
Speaker 5: There actually is. There's a group of women and they're all there's a couple of no, no, it's ladies.
Speaker 6: It's ladies, and they do like you go down you know, river Oaks and you see these elaborate pumpkin displays.
Speaker 5: These ladies started at a business with their house.
Speaker 6: It's like they go, they decorated, elaborate, and then they have someone to pick them up at the end and they get it.
Speaker 5: They haul it all away from you. And I saw this and I thought, I wish I would have thought.
Speaker 6: Of that business, which is why I asked you could I you could? I do your house first, and then everyone will see how good it is, and I'll be like those ladies that make a.
Speaker 5: Lot of money.
Speaker 1: Here's where I don't trust them, because I just typed in pumpkin Chicks dot com and they don't own that.
Speaker 2: Why don't someone probably bought it don't just do it.
Speaker 5: They don't need they have they have the system down.
Speaker 1: When when.
Speaker 12: How smart is that?
Speaker 1: I like, you got to learn this part of the season is going to pick out a pumpkin. It's not right next to a pumpkin patch. It's not having somebody do it for you. You have to take your kid and have the experience of them picking out the pumpkins.
Speaker 5: Okay, well El can't pick it out yet. She's a baby, right.
Speaker 1: I just don't know where the time is going to come in. I don't have pumpkins picked out, and we might be going to the H. G B Pumpkin Patch.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, pumpkin patch for kids who can just look at like their dad and it'll be like prime pumpkins.
Speaker 1: Pumpkin here's what we have in the showroom.
Speaker 5: A green one.
Speaker 6: You get a gourd, a green gourg yet one with a weird stem, and I'll have it at your house in forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: I used to own Flamingo Dudes dot Com. I thought I was going to start up a business that you would hire me and if somebody, you know, you woke up and it's like, oh, you know, you're fifty years old. We come in the middle of the night and we put those student pink flamingos in your yard and you wake up and there's fifty of them there. Yeah, that's from the Flamingo dudes. And then and then we would also come and pick them up. But again, it just it's like the idea of you know, my idea of getting your windshield done in your prescription so you don't got to wear glasses when you're driving. It's in that folder. It's in that folder with the fork fan.
Speaker 7: It's pretty good. I don't hate that at all. Pork Fan was one of your best ideas. Yeah, just you know, I'm an idea man.
Speaker 1: I'm an idea man. What if you fed the tuna mayonnaise also works? And then call Starkist, Sorry I stole the movies. All right, guys, I'll just set up whatever. I'll be there later, Okay.
Speaker 21: Cool Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Friday's the day that new music comes out. And this is just something that I was observing. Justin Moore has an album out today. I'm assuming he's a country Guy.
Speaker 2: His guests on his.
Speaker 1: Album Dirk's Betley Blake, Shelton, Randy Hawser. Charlie XCX has a remix album out today and her guests on her album include Ariana Grande, The nineteen seventy five, Troy Sylvan, Lord Addison, Ray, Billie Eilish, Bonnie Ver and a bunch of others. Glow Rilla has an album out today. Also on that album Megan the Stallion, Latto or Latto, t Paine, Sexy Red and Munie Long and the Offspring album out today. Doesn't look like there's any guests on that album. It's like the Oh No, Miles hang On. Miles Kennedy also has an album out today.
Speaker 2: You know him.
Speaker 1: He's a slash uses him as his lead vocalist and he's the alter bridge singer. He's got just one of the greatest voices in rock. He also he has a new album out no Guests. Offspring have their eleventh album, Ount No Guests. Jelly Roll has an album out today.
Speaker 5: I bet he's got a bunch of features.
Speaker 1: Well, that song with MGK is on there, They take Me Home, Country Road, whiz Khalif is on there, and I think a bunch of others. It's just what people do now. I mean, every album that comes out, you're looking at who's also on this album. You're not just buying that artist album anymore. You're seeing who's got the most special guests. Rosprey Supercharged in stores today. I guess online today some scots ten percent chance of rain, highs of around ninety one. That's today and the rest of the weekend. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 6: Okay, we're gonna start with Hurricane Milton, and I just got to get up to the top here. Around a half a million customers in Tampa are still without power following Hurricane Milton.
Speaker 5: Overall on Florida, nearly two and a half million or still in the dark.
Speaker 6: Milton made landfall on the Gulf Coast Wednesday as a Category three hurricane and it's now out in the Atlantic Ocean. Meanwhile, the IRSA it's putting on rush four hundred thousand pandemic aid claims to businesses that have been hit by hurricanes. This includes Helene and Milton. The total amount of claims comes out to about ten billion dollars. IRS didn't give a specific time on that, but I know we can surely empathize with our neighbors in Florida because we were without power for so long. We know this is just such a worst case scenario right now, so we just hope everyone gets to who they need to get to.
Speaker 5: I also read a report that at least fourteen people.
Speaker 6: Did die due to Hurricane Milton ravaging the Florida's west coast.
Speaker 1: So we have kind of a round up page. You'll see Troupic Canna Field. That's where the Tampa Bay Rays play. They didn't make the playoffs, but I'm not piling on. I'm just saying their roof got completely shredded. It's unbelievable to see that. Anderson Cooper was on the ground in Florida. He got hit by debris during his segment, so that video has kind of gone viral. I don't know this Lieutenant Dan guy. I haven't seen him yet, but I know everyone's talking about him. He's gone viral. He wrote out the storm on his boat in Tampa, and he refused to evacuate, so he kind of picked up a nickname during the storm. So there's a lot of Weather Channel stuff, a lot of that guy in Tampa that strapped his whole house down. I thought that was an AI picture. Apparently it's real, and apparently it worked. I guess to keep his roof from flying off, and it worked. So I got photos and I've got all this stuff for you on links and guests today. Of course, our thoughts with people in Florida.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, absolutely, let's talk about Tesla because motorists in California and Texas should be on the watch next year for the self driving Tesla's CEO Elon Musk said, the Model three in Model Y electric vehicles will be up and running into states.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've gotten to see this yet, Rod, but Elon.
Speaker 6: Musk was showing off Tesla's new cyber cab Robotaxi.
Speaker 5: He had an invitation only event yesterday. Now.
Speaker 6: It was in Burbank, California. Was on one of the I believe, on the Warner Brothers studio a lot. And they look pretty awesome. They look pretty awesome, these self driving cars. Now, granted, the lots mapped out, it's it's it's it's in a safer condition. It's not on the Houston Highway by any means.
Speaker 5: But they look really cool.
Speaker 6: He also had like robots working the event. Like dead ass robots like I robot. There was a robot bartender. There was robots just on the street interacting with people. It is the future is now, guys, the future is here.
Speaker 5: It is weird.
Speaker 6: And you know what, Alex, you're shaking your head and saying, when I was watching some of these things, the bartending didn't creep me out. The back and forth talking to a.
Speaker 5: Robot, like having a casual conversation, trying to be a human.
Speaker 1: Elon Musk is Tony Stark. He's Tony Stark.
Speaker 5: So crazy, it's so crazy.
Speaker 6: If you haven't seen clips of this event, i'll'll read tweets some stuff out.
Speaker 5: Who let the crocs out right? Crocs for dogs? Will they later this month.
Speaker 6: They're like normal crocs, but smaller, and they come and said, so fore there's a strap around the ankle, you know, sport mode so they won't slip off. Crux says, look, you guys have been asking for dog crocs for years, so we cave were going for it. They are already on crocs website. They'll cost you fifty bucks, but you can't buy them in October twenty third. They come in three sizes and two colors. You can get them either green or pink. There's also a matching pair for humans. If you want to coordinate, you want to do a little coordination with your dog, you and Weezy some green crocs on the little walk.
Speaker 1: I have the dog's ancestors on the phone of the wolves.
Speaker 5: Okay, checks out. I checked out that boy for the wolves. Checks out.
Speaker 1: The wolves are laughing at your dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just so you know that.
Speaker 1: Okay, wolves are laughing.
Speaker 2: They're like that never came from us. Yeah, okay, your dog and your crocks. All right.
Speaker 6: Well, they're also selling crocs Halloween costumes, so just go just go the blog page for into this, so we have it for you.
Speaker 5: Voltron was an eighties cartoon for Japan, and.
Speaker 6: It seems that we are getting a live action Voltron movie now. Now before you say anything, it's like, okay, it was robot lions. It could join together to form a gigantic humanoid mega robot, and that was Voltron.
Speaker 5: If you don't know what I'm talking about, this it's.
Speaker 1: Very popular, very transformery.
Speaker 6: Very transformery, and it's popular enough that maybe this should have happened a long time ago with all the reboots happening.
Speaker 5: But they did get an a lister.
Speaker 6: Henry Cable is going to be in the Vultron movie Former Superman Henry Cable.
Speaker 5: That's the biggest name. That's the hottest guy in Hollywood right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's probably the most handsome man on the planet for sure.
Speaker 12: For sure.
Speaker 5: So that's all I have, Like, I don't have any plot details for you.
Speaker 6: I just know that he's on board and seems like a good enough reason to get in.
Speaker 5: Theaters for me.
Speaker 6: Oasis member Liam Gallagher has shared that he and his brother Nol have no plans did you.
Speaker 5: Joint interviews anything soon?
Speaker 6: They are like, Okay, they're concerned because the media is going to ask them in truesive questions and then they're going to try to pick holes in their relationship and then they're just probably gonna.
Speaker 5: Break up again. So let's keep Oasis together as long as we can. Let them do the tour. No intrusive questions allowed.
Speaker 1: As a ticket holder for a concert that's happening in I think July of twenty twenty five, I don't want them in the same room together. Yeah, except for the shows.
Speaker 5: That's fine.
Speaker 1: They can practice over zoom. They can you know, rehearse but I do not want them in the same room. Of course, I don't want them doing interviews. No, you can't talk to them without talking about them.
Speaker 2: What do you talk about?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, so you used to hate each other? You called them a potato last week?
Speaker 14: What up with that?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts on your brother?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: You can't yo, this is the right thing to do headlines. I'm just praying that they make it past the first show, and then every show is going to be like how they do Did they get no fight?
Speaker 2: Did they get no fight?
Speaker 1: Every show is going We're gonna have to do an update, all right? What's going on in sports?
Speaker 7: On Thursday, forty nine Ers beat the Seahawks thirty six to twenty four. San Francisco's Brock Purty through for three touchdowns in the game, and Texas will be on the road Sunday to take on the Patriots. They're six and a half point favorites as of right now. Kickoff for that game is at noon and you can watch it on CBS. Tomorrow maybe the biggest college football day of the year. We got some notable games on the schedule, like ut against Oklahoma, Penn State plays usc Ohio State, the second ranked team in the country take on a number three Oregon and LSU playing Old miss and the MLB playoffs. Last night, the Guardians got by the Tigers five to four to fourth of Game five and that series, and the Yankees beat the Royals three to one to advance to the ALCS. Tonight, the Dodgers and Padres are gonna play Game five of their NLDS series. First pitch of that games at seven, and you can watch it on Fox. That is what's going on in sports for.
Speaker 1: Gary that's listening this morning. I know who Lieutenant Dan is. I saw Forrest Gump.
Speaker 5: I know what did he say? What does he say?
Speaker 2: It's like bro Forrest Gump, Lieutenant Dan.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know that right. He wrote out a storm, which is what this guy did, which is why he they're calling.
Speaker 2: Him there, Dan. Storm was just Vietnam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a guy in Tampa that they're calling Lieutenant Dan that apparently is viral. I have not seen his videos, but I have heard of it, Okay.
Speaker 5: And I also already has a rap sheet the size of Texas.
Speaker 23: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I did see that too. Oh, that was the guy that had all the all the times he had been arrested.
Speaker 2: Yea, and he was just smoking a jay after making it through it, of.
Speaker 1: Course, of course he's going to write out the storm. Okay, that's the Florida Lieutenant Dan Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 14: The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 24: Noon, Smoot It, fro bona Cold Bus song called him by Cook, the Phone, Nam Box, the Cone, Bayam Friday's Free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 5: You got a free Bam Friday, Free.
Speaker 8: Bad Friday, Right Bam Friday, Bam Friday, and.
Speaker 1: Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hello, don't come me on callers, Tim, can you hear me?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can hear you?
Speaker 23: Great?
Speaker 1: Who is this? This is Gilbert, like the Gilbert Show guy Gilbert that plays fresh out of bed head to Headbert. No, No, this just a regular Gilbert Gilbert, just another Gilbert.
Speaker 5: You still get the driver.
Speaker 1: I mean we have something for Gilbert's right, I mean I don't think that one Gilbert owns this, does he Bert? It's the Gilbert Show other Gilbert your color ten.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm trying so long to get these tickets.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, I got a case of beer.
Speaker 2: For you from spec.
Speaker 1: I know that's exciting, but a six pack of tickets to tomorrow's twentieth anniversary party. Gilbert, you're in, you and your friends or family or I don't know who.
Speaker 12: Do you bring to this?
Speaker 1: No, I'm bringing my wife for sure, her sister and the other three.
Speaker 3: I gotta figure that out.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we'll see you have from now until you know tomorrow to figure that out. Dude, clutch clutch winter.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I am.
Speaker 10: My heart's give them beats right now.
Speaker 1: Where you from? Where are you from, Gilbert?
Speaker 12: I'm right here in Houston.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Hey, congratulations. I hope to meet you out there. I don't know how we're I mean, I don't know how I'm gonna say hi to every single person, but I may just do it on microphone and like take care of everybody. I was, yeah, but I'm so glad. I'm really, I'm really really glad you and the and the wife are in. Okay, Gilbert.
Speaker 3: I appreciate him.
Speaker 1: He made my friday.
Speaker 3: I really really, I'm just like great.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you, thank you, thank you. A lot of happy people yesterday too, we were at Little Woodrow's. I just got an email, and Leona's been listening for a long time. She actually sent me a picture from two thousand and eight from her doing me probably making her do something stupid at a Saint Patrick's Day event.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, that's all I see is.
Speaker 1: A plate in front of her and there's some glitter and I don't know what was going on there. I don't even remember some of the dumb things. But Leona said, I've been I've been a fan for a long long time. And her and her dude signed up yesterday and her dude is Edwin. Now she's obviously been here a long time. He is from New York and Mexico City. I believe this is where he was born, and he's been here two years. So she's kind of like introducing him. Hey, this is what do here. Okay, I listened to the buzz, I listened to The Rod Ryan Show. We go to events. We're doing this, so you know, he's tagging along. She's dragging around this six foot nine beast of a man, six nine and fit af He won the tickets, so she's so excited. So that was just that was one of the fun stories. They just sent me a picture. If you want to see. I just edited it, so I've been kind of adding pictures I put up on our Facebook page.
Speaker 5: I think I retweeted it maybe because there's a really tall dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, six nine. I mean he's he's a beast of a man. It was Cameron who also. He sent me a picture and I did the side by side. He sent me one from twenty fifteen of him and I hanging out at then Lucky's. And now it's twenty twenty four and he's a he's a cop. Now he's a man. He's got he's got he's got a beard, and he's got a full sleeve of tattoos. But he has none of that. In that first picture he looked like a little boy. I don't know, you know how he got into Luckies. He's like Ron, I've been listening to the show my whole life.
Speaker 2: He's you know, and I know he's out there.
Speaker 1: And we backed the Blue. We love the Blue. But it was really really fun, So I appreciate you guys sharing those pictures with me. I get so busy, I don't really take any of myself. I'm just I'm just running around and taking pictures with you guys. It was so much fun. Okay, that was the last party, and then now we're coming up on your really really, I mean, your last chance is a case of beer at nine o'clock, a six pack of tickets, just like you heard, Gilbert and then Chilly put a final one, final pair of tickets on Know the Show, that lucky sob we're going to find that out closer to around ten o'clock this morning, like nine point fifty.
Speaker 2: We'll do like to know the show segment.
Speaker 1: So still a few chances, guys, hang in there. Rock and Alternative, The rod.
Speaker 14: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. I'm getting the desperate emails, get a lot of email. Yeah, yeah, yeah, listen, I understand.
Speaker 2: I understand.
Speaker 1: It's a pressure cooker today for people that want to get into that damn party tomorrow. Beer and a six pack of tickets straight up at nine o'clock, Know the Show, the last pair of Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. That's it capped, don Boom. When this show ends today, the free tickets for tomorrow's show ends as well, so final it does. It's That's why I'm very sympathetic to all of these emails. There's people that have just been listening for a long long time and they just brought it.
Speaker 2: I want to be there.
Speaker 1: I understand that I wish you the best of luck. I do all right. Birthday, girls, that's a I see on our Instagram a lot of people wishing you a happy birthday. I don't nice trending yet, but it seems like, well, don't make me a liar. Yeah, there is. Yeah, a lot of people wishing happy birthday.
Speaker 5: That's very lovely. I'll go read those messages soon.
Speaker 6: Rally girl who we love, just dropped off like tacos.
Speaker 5: And I think there's a cake in there.
Speaker 6: And the other John dropped off some one of these for Elle and my knee, Sophia. These are dope. So yeah, my birthday. It's also Cardi B's birthday. She's on the Look at a girl's blog page today, Look at a girl's blog page doing well.
Speaker 5: You have Landy Wilson on there. Yesterday was like Mental Health.
Speaker 6: Day, World Mental Health Day, and Selena Gomez and Sephora were donating global sales of Rare Beauty's products to mental health resources I thought that was.
Speaker 5: A really cool move. And then there is a tribute band.
Speaker 6: There's a chick who is in a Taylor Swift tribute band, and she says she quit her day job because her and the band are making eighteen grand per show to cover Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Songs, probably more at company events. I mean, it's that's wild. Yeah.
Speaker 23: So I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yesterday and I said, okay, I'll throw this on the Looking at Girls blog page, and then I clicked on because I wanted to read more into it.
Speaker 2: And why would you work your day job.
Speaker 5: Right when you could just sing bike space all day?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they gotta be good at it, all right, and she kind of good? Does she look like her?
Speaker 1: You know, there's some similarities. You know, there's a difference between a tribute band and a what's the difference and.
Speaker 2: A cover Bandman? A cover band you do other bands, multiple bands.
Speaker 1: Tribute is that tribute You try to get that lead singer looking like that person, and she does just enough to look like Taylor Swift. So eighteen thousand dollars a gig, that's wild.
Speaker 2: I mean, tribute bands are very high right now.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's so cool.
Speaker 6: Okay, Also, Eminem's Real Some Shady video surpassed a billion views on YouTube and then one more music.
Speaker 5: Note I saw for you, Rod Did you see that?
Speaker 6: Disturb is going to celebrate their twenty fifth the twenty fifth anniversary of their their debut album with a tour next year. The Services are going on tour next year, so I don't know if you've seen that yet. Oh yeah, we announced that they'll be joined by Three Days Grace and seven Dusks.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's what's trending. On eighty four five to the buzz.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is Gary Clark Junior.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: We have some tickets to give away to go see this guy.
Speaker 25: We sure do.
Speaker 6: He's going to be at seven to one three Music Hall March first.
Speaker 1: He's just one of the most badass guitar players of all time. He's really that good. If you want some tickets to go see Gary Clark Junior, I'll take call her ten seven one three two two.
Speaker 2: And his boys to cut through a chaint.
Speaker 1: He wants us to cut through a s This is the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's the Struts and could have been me rod Ryan Show eight twenty eight, thirty minutes away from that last case of beer in the last six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Guys, we're exciting too, I am. I can only speak for myself. I'm super excited. People asked if I reached out to people that had been on the show before. I think Teresa's out of town. She she already informed me, and she said, listen, I really want to be there, and I just I absolutely cannot make it.
Speaker 2: I don't know that Jeremy going.
Speaker 1: Jeremy was an intern on this show.
Speaker 2: That's how Jeremy got his start.
Speaker 1: Here in the building.
Speaker 2: I reached out.
Speaker 1: I have no way of getting hold of Travis Golightly. If anyone knows Travis, Bryan knows him. Yeah, I know people that know him too, and then good luck getting a recent phone number for that guy.
Speaker 5: Okay, let me ask Brian is in.
Speaker 1: The Merchant Marines or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he does.
Speaker 1: He's a train conductor, he's a cop, he's the FBI, he's a CIA agent. I don't know what the hell like.
Speaker 5: Guys doing the most interesting man a lot who he really is.
Speaker 1: I Jessica is coming, who spent a lot of years on this show. Mark Wiggins has promised me an appearance tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Family man.
Speaker 1: Mark Wiggins married two beautiful kids, didn't go into sports, went into broadcasting, and you know, and then now he's he's like a political guy.
Speaker 5: Is he season for him?
Speaker 17: Right now?
Speaker 1: He's a lobbyist. I don't even know what that does.
Speaker 5: I already does that.
Speaker 13: I don't know what he does.
Speaker 5: I said, kind of do, but not really.
Speaker 1: So Mark Wigans said he's coming tomorrow. So those are some of the other things that I'm you know, I want to see how you guys out there, but to see, you know, some of the people that have come through here. You know, Phyllis lives out of town. Doug is Doug.
Speaker 2: Claire is Doug is Doug Claire.
Speaker 1: She's a mystery to me. She spent a year on this show. I know I'm missing a few people.
Speaker 5: It is Claire.
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 5: When you got here?
Speaker 2: Claire?
Speaker 5: No, Claire was in between Teresa and Dinah.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no. Claire was Chili's job, answering the phones and doing the web And.
Speaker 5: Who was the who were the hosts? When she was doing that.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: A timeline.
Speaker 5: Is this a good question? Is this a good quiz?
Speaker 2: Claire was so it was Claire then Phyllis.
Speaker 1: It was Claire might have Claire. I think was pre Jessica. There's post Jessica, post Jessica pre Phyllis.
Speaker 2: Jessica to Clear to Phyllis to Chile.
Speaker 1: Because Phyllis was an intern, came got hired.
Speaker 2: Right before Phyllis got hired full time with the Little Heads.
Speaker 1: I don't know other John, can you put together a time whine other times of everybody in stack, every intern that's ever been through here.
Speaker 2: We used to have interns.
Speaker 5: Michelle's going to be there.
Speaker 1: Oh, intern, Michelle's going to be there.
Speaker 5: You're right, she messaged me. She said, stop hating on me for collecting.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's funny.
Speaker 6: I'm sure you collect something former collect the tears of men.
Speaker 1: I mean still still currently blind. I say former blind intern. It means like maybe sure her vision was restored, still want she can't see the hand in front of her face, but she still former interns.
Speaker 5: So like, we'll see Michelle there, but she won't see us there. She's awesome, she'll know, she'll peel.
Speaker 1: Be she's been coming out to a lot of events. It's good to see her.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning rod Ryan's.
Speaker 1: Show, Good morning on it. Who's this?
Speaker 23: This is David.
Speaker 1: You're calling about the Gary Clark tickets?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Bro, he is a guitar beast. You're in to see him. Seventy one to three views a call on March first.
Speaker 12: Awesome, awesome.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow is my birthday, so this is an absolute great gift.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Happy early birthday, David. Have a great birthday.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being a part of the show today.
Speaker 12: I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I had listeners. Thank you, David. Send you over to Chili.
Speaker 1: Tom. Yeah, Jessica was the first one to do Chili's position because I created that position for her. And that's where I got four people on the show.
Speaker 2: It was only three.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, so you needed a four And I said, listen, were you taking the calls before?
Speaker 5: I mean, how is it going?
Speaker 1: We were doing it like in between songs, okay and stuff. Ok yeah, there wasn't anybody. We were just doing it. It was you know, me and uh Teresa and go lightly. And if I said take caller number ten, we would just sit here and go one three, nine, and then.
Speaker 2: Put the tempone on hold and then put them as the torture ten in real time, every single little giveaway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would go through all the calls we have to drop.
Speaker 2: I never did. We'll take call her ninety four. I only do that when Chili is working the phone.
Speaker 14: Sorry.
Speaker 6: Remember at the other studio, there was a phone by the mic right there, oh there, you could like, I couldn't answer the phone if I want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a phone that I would hit the buttons and do all of that, and we could go in and then sometimes Teresa would pick up. Teresa would do it. Teresa would really go through all of those calls, and she could pick up the cradle too and talk to people and then put them on hold. Then I would bring them on the air. So I created that position because it was it was shortly. It was after Katrina and Jessica had moved here, and then I had to beg for a fourth person on the show.
Speaker 2: And then they love hiring people here.
Speaker 1: It's a super inside. Then I got the idea. I'm like, I need to put this in my contract. It's in the contract that this show has to have four full time employees. So they can never say you don't need that web person. We'll just handle that nationally. No you won't, No, you won't. You have to have four it now. There's things that I can and can't control, But yeah, I have to have four people on this show. I wish there were six. They would laugh me out of.
Speaker 7: A tilly sometimes, Like the Pat McAfee show will be on TV and on the channels around here when we're walking out and it's like they have forty five dudes behind that glass, and like that's gotta be awesome. Like there's one person that does this one job, one other person does this one job, and chill, he's doing literally everything else in the entire world right.
Speaker 5: Now, Killy's our forty five people.
Speaker 1: There's there's a guy that is one of the darlings of our company. His name is Elvis Durant. He may have he may have run through here on the air at some point, you know, maybe like a one hundred years ago at KARB or something. But he's a he's a he's our big like top forty guy in New York. I bet she's got fifteen people on that show. I bet he's got fifteen people working for him. He probably got his he's he's at the level where he has his own assistant.
Speaker 5: He was like a hand.
Speaker 7: I think, yeah, and he's got he does booking, somebody does social media, somebody does taking calls, somebody does schedule and stuff like.
Speaker 1: There's yeah, and then there's like five people talking at the same time on the air.
Speaker 2: You don't know who's talking.
Speaker 7: You know, I got a political discussion like like pre I post debate, were like, let's have forty eight people at this table.
Speaker 1: That's the worst for me when I listen to these shows. This show just because I have a weird voice, Alex has a pretty distinctive voice, Chili obviously a man, and then you got Tessa. There's really never I don't think there's a time when people are driving in because it happens with morning shows with a big team like that. Sometimes somebody's giving their opinion and they don't you know, you're getting comfortable, you're having conversations. You're not, say, Rod chiming in with this thought. Right now, I've listened to the morning shows and you don't.
Speaker 2: Know who's talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't know whose take that is. If you don't know the person that well, sometimes you learn the characters and you kind of know what they're gonna say, or you know who that person is. This show everyone sounds different.
Speaker 6: These are I've never thought about how weird. Everyone's voice on this show is, Oh, my god, weird. You have a straight up weird voice. Ever, weird voice does, and so does Chile. And I have been told from the time I was born that I have a weird one.
Speaker 7: I feel like I have the most like nothing voice ever that like, my voice would never ever stick at It's like, it seems very monotone.
Speaker 2: Whenever I listen back to it.
Speaker 1: Your voice has deepened in the time that you've been on this show a real man. Yeah you got hair and pubes though, you got pubes on your balls. A couple of Yeah you got hair in your pubes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pubes on your Yeah. It's a cross party all up in here.
Speaker 5: My god, all right, we were talking about wacky voices.
Speaker 7: If we're talking about former members of the show that are going to be at the twentieth innovation, So Jessica will be there, Wiggins will be there.
Speaker 1: That's all I know for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't Golightly might just like Chopper is, It's very likely He'll probably be there just somehow. He'll like he may not get an invite, but he'll just show up.
Speaker 1: If you don't, Travis invite him, I'll get I'll find him a ticket. I promise I.
Speaker 21: Will run run show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five ninety four or five the buzz concert of the summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah for me, I didn't go to all of them. I missed a lot. I miss I missed more than I went to. People want to fight me. They say Creed was the best show of the summer. Olympuskit was the show of the summer. They were awesome, they were really it was fun. Corey Feldman. Anything with Corey Feldman, you have to use him of the summer of the year. Maybe, okay, we'll go that far. But it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was a fun one.
Speaker 1: I saw a lot of you guys out there for that one guys, beer straight up at nine o'clock. Thank you, Specs. Six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth aniversary party. And then we have the last pair that are going to be on know the show. Steve the Squid is emailing me. What do you think, Steve the Squid is emailing me about squids fishing.
Speaker 5: Lieutenant Dan.
Speaker 1: Warm kind of brother Rod, We're getting shafted. The two and forty ninth birthday of this nation's premiere maritime force is this day. Let's not forget and remind the Marines whose department they are under, See y'all Saturday, Steve the squid. The Navy is having their birthday on Sunday, and he wanted to make sure that we gave them a mention. We got some Navy, maybe we get place.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like letting the Navy steal your birthday?
Speaker 5: Not really, but I guess, I mean, what did they do?
Speaker 2: We're not going to be here on Sunday.
Speaker 23: So I like the way that I do.
Speaker 5: That's so typical.
Speaker 1: If you know me, you know that I love the jabs and the barbs between the different branches of the military. And that's the one I hear all the time that there's a there's a I don't know what the comeback. Somebody a Marine will email me to comeback because they're like, hey, you see whose logo is on your check, don't you? When the Marines get their paycheck, the Navy logo is on there. So the Navy loves that you're like you work for me, know they do all that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna paycheck from the Navy.
Speaker 1: Here you go, squids, so take it home, all right. Shout out to all of our Navy currently enlisted and our Navy vets out there. Hope some days a great birthday for you. Rock and Alternative very used The rod.
Speaker 14: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Green Day, rod Ryan's Show, Free Beer Friday. Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick. That's a countdown clock to the last case of beer and the final six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party. Of course, we'll have one pair of tickets left for you on no the show, so we just got to do the damn thing.
Speaker 2: Ten percent chance of rain sunny skies today highs.
Speaker 1: Up around ninety one. That's what you're getting tomorrow and Sunday. So if you are lucky enough to be joining us for the anniversary party, dress accordingly. You know you're gonna be out there. It's outside, there's not a whole lot of i mean shade, so just start thinking of those things. Hey, bring an umbrella, rod it looks it looks like it's gonna be a pretty awesome day.
Speaker 5: Can I bring a turbine to keep myself cool?
Speaker 2: A horrible fan? All right, Tessa? What I use in headline?
Speaker 6: We're gonna start with the serious stuff. At least fourteen keyp are dead after Hurricane Milton. Ravage is West Coast. You didn't know Milton made for landfall Wednesday night. It was a powerful Category three hurricane. It brought torrential rain, winds and several tornadoes. So the damage is extensive and basically today is another day of damage assessment and cleanup across Florida the parts that were hit by Milton. Officials say more than five hundred people had to be rescued yesterday from a flooded apartment complex that was in Clearwater.
Speaker 5: I thought this was actually pretty cool. We have a blog page for this.
Speaker 6: Out of all like the key takeaways, like the viral moments that happened. You had Anderson Cooper getting hit by a piece of debris, you had Lieutenant Dan on there. But there's also tickets on sale for a concert for Carolina. Luke Colmbs is from North Carolina. Remember he canceled a concert when they were going to the Final four when North Carolina. Yeah, and Eric Church. Eric Church also from North Carolina. So they're going to help headline a concert there that will all go towards hurricane relief. You also have the owner of the NFL's Panthers, David Tepper, offering up.
Speaker 5: That stadium as a venue for the event.
Speaker 6: But Cheryl Crow, James Taylor, Billy Strings are all going to perform and try to help raise money because when I say it's a catastrophe in the area is devastated, Like it's really just an understatement, guys, there's so much devastation there.
Speaker 5: All right, Let's move on to Houston.
Speaker 6: One person is dead and several others are injured following a chemical incident involving the release of a poisonous gas. This happened at a Pemex refinery that's in Deer Park. So the Harris County Sheriff's Office says the refineries operating units experience. One of the operating units experience a leak of hydrogen soul fide around four forty yesterday afternoon. So this prompted an order for all of Deer Park, all the Pasadena residents to shelter in place. That's what was going on in those neighborhoods yesterday. The investigation into the leak is ongoing. All right, let's switch gears here in tap Halloween. We've already said, I mean, but why do.
Speaker 5: I even say the story?
Speaker 2: This is guy a viral.
Speaker 5: This is a viral costume.
Speaker 1: Beware, do not wear this. Okay, you will be somebody will You'll be called creepy guy, and it'll never stop after that. You guys cannot wear this costume. Go ahead and you can explain it.
Speaker 6: This is a costume that turns you into a Halloween candy bowl, so you can walk around with your kids and then you're like a mobile candy dispenser along the way. Uh you Basically it turns into it into a human candy dish and.
Speaker 5: You attach shoulder shraps, bubble wrap. I don't know, I don't know. Go look at it on the blog page.
Speaker 1: It's like it's like wearing looks like a big martini glass and it's around your waist and it's held up by suspenders. You have to reach into your crotch area to get the candy not.
Speaker 5: No one wants that candy anyway, guys.
Speaker 1: So well, it's but it's put out by kit Kat and Reese's everybody wants that candy perverts. So I get the intention was good on this one, but guys, misfire. I don't know what boardroom that this made it past the people that are in charge. Yeah, let's go with that so people can reach near your junk and get candy.
Speaker 5: This is the one blog page Rod put up that said, you know what, don't click on it. Yeah, no one needs this is fine. I wouldn't just pass pass.
Speaker 16: On this one.
Speaker 6: If you're a fan of horror movies and you know all about the Final Girl, she's the woman who survives the killer and usually kills him or her until the sequel.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 6: Well, people over at rinker dot com are voting for their favorite Final Girl, and Jamie Lee Curtis, who plays the Worries Show from Halloween, is number one in the lead. Number two Sidney Prescott from screenplayed by Neid Campbell.
Speaker 5: Nev Campbell, I who say that wrong? She's number two.
Speaker 6: Ellen Ripley from Alien that's Sigourney Reaver, and the chick from Ready or Not is number four. Nancy Thompson from A Nightmare on Elmstreet is five. If you want the rest of the list, just go over to that blog page.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about.
Speaker 6: Metallica because they say, well, James Hetfield specifically says they will never be a legacy band that just plays the hit. So they are on their podcast and they are talking about how it feels to work in.
Speaker 5: Their new music that they're playing into.
Speaker 6: The crowd, like, how does that How does the crowd receive it? Like really, it doesn't matter, Like it doesn't matter how the crowd receives it. It's a part of us, how we tour. We're always trying to intertwine this new music. And they're like, look, mistakes are made on stage, that's part of the live music show.
Speaker 5: You know, we know what the crowd likes and is expecting. But we're going to play our new stuff too.
Speaker 1: They've been playing for Home the Bell tolls for over thirty years, right, Okay. When they put out a new album, the guys in the band, no one else is, but the guys in the band are excited. They want that's like fun for them. It's a different thing that they haven't done yet. In front of people and they want us to feel the same. Some bands get away with it. Metallica does get away with it. People buy their new albums. You know, heritage bands will do this.
Speaker 2: Rolling Stones. Yeah, it's silly that the Rolling Stones.
Speaker 1: They put out albums before they go out on tour.
Speaker 2: I just like the who's buying it?
Speaker 6: I like this part of the debetw where he says all mistakes are part of the show. That's what we say before we go out. Hey, all mistakes are free, and it's not a mistake. Really, the word is kind of ridiculous. It's just a unique way of playing a specific song that night. It's good to know the Metallica still makes mistakes.
Speaker 1: Well, he's talking about Lars. Yes, it's just Lars's okay. Those other guys are all amazing musicians. I was like, yeah, sorry about the drummer. What's going on in sports?
Speaker 2: On Thursday Night football, the forty nine.
Speaker 5: Ers beat the Seahawks thirty six to twenty four.
Speaker 7: San Francisco's Brock Party threw for three touchdowns in the game. Texans are gonna be road Sunday taken on the Patriots. They're six and a half point favorites coming into that when Patriots are starting their rookie Drake May the third overall pick of the draft, so welcome to the NFL. Let's give him a couple of those shots. Yeah, This Sunday, all right, kickoff is at noon. You can watch the game on CBS in college football, maybe the biggest college football schedule of the year. Most notable games on tomorrow's slate. We got number one ut against eighteenth ranked Oklahoma. Penn State's gonna take on US Seed, the number two Ohio State is gonna be at number three Oregon, and LSU is playing Old Miss at six thirty.
Speaker 2: And the MV Playoffs.
Speaker 7: Last night, the Guardians got by the Tigers five to four to fourth a game five in that series.
Speaker 2: Yankees beat the Royals three to one to advance the Alcs.
Speaker 7: Tonight, the Dodgers and Padres are gonna play a winner take off Game five in the NLDS.
Speaker 2: First pitch for that. It's at seven o'clock and you can watch it on Fox. That what's going on in sports, US Rock and.
Speaker 14: The Rod Ryan Morning Show'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Bam Friday. You got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Bam Friday.
Speaker 8: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Man right, Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: And day Bam Friday, May free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Ryan Right right, Ry, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Who is this, Trevor Man?
Speaker 1: How are you doing this morning? I'm doing right, dude, your color ten. I'm not even gonna try to mess with you, dude.
Speaker 2: Your collar ten.
Speaker 1: So case of here from Specs, a six pack of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party.
Speaker 2: Trevor, you made it, You're in.
Speaker 9: I'm so excited, man. Been came to a couple of remote and uh, you know, didn't get lucky there and it's been time to call in and it's great.
Speaker 1: So I'm too grappy, unbelievable. I'm so happy for you, I really am. And then there was one. There's one pair of tickets left. We're gonna give those away. I know the show, but Trevor, you and your gang man you are in and you get to see Brent and Zach for Shine Down and Justin and Ryan of Blue October.
Speaker 2: And Jacob Nole. The wild card for me is Jacob Nole.
Speaker 1: From some line right yeah there.
Speaker 9: Out in front of a there the.
Speaker 2: Dead Man XS. I've seen them.
Speaker 1: I've seen everybody acoustic. I've seen everybody do acoustic sets. We've had him at some point, we've had him here at the station. Just Jacob. No is the one that we don't know what's going to happen with that Rosie who I saw fully plugged in last night Local Favorites. They're gonna be opening things up tomorrow, Trevor, doors open at three. I'll see you and your gang, all right, we'll.
Speaker 2: Be there, all right, bro, thank you, Thank you, Trevor.
Speaker 1: I can feel it. I feel it. I feel you out there just going, oh god. I can't imagine if you were a caller seven, if you were eight, if you were nine. I'm hearing every story possible. I'm hearing it all. One pair of tickets remain for the show. I know the show today right It around nine fifty Open phone Friday, open phone Friday. More like open phones Friday.
Speaker 9: Yay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we can't turn around the calls. Everybody's calling for the tickets, even though there's the delay and stuff. Chillie, what am I looking at on the phone here there?
Speaker 2: Let me take this call?
Speaker 1: He said, He's like, we're here, to pick up this. That's not suspicious at all.
Speaker 2: Rod take this line.
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 24: Is it me?
Speaker 7: I on?
Speaker 16: You are on?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 21: Man?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: My name is Chris, but you might call me Hustle.
Speaker 1: Oh god, how did you Rosie's manager?
Speaker 2: How did you get through on the phone? Joker? Hey, the bat line?
Speaker 3: You know what I got? You know I got access to the bat line.
Speaker 6: That's not a good promise.
Speaker 1: I never gave this clown the hot line. I don't know that this is a fake number. Actually, hang on, Chili, what is this guy? Why is this guy on the radio right now? Chili?
Speaker 21: Hustle, what do you do?
Speaker 17: Actually?
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm actually at the Special Olympics breakfast, but I wanted to jump out take a second to tell you congratulations on twenty years that you've been doing this.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I've got to be I've got to be besides you for a lot of it. It's been super cool. You know, a lot of people know we're cool, and they asked me. It's really is nice as he appears to be. And as much as I want to tell him that you're not, you really are you are? You are one of the most generous for people I know, and you deserve everything that you, you know, accomplished, and the city loves you. I love you, My family loves you, and I just want to tell you congratulations and I can't wait to celebrate you and the team and the show tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Thanks bro. Okay, I don't even know how to process this to make out now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, get a room, dude.
Speaker 1: Do you know how to get a hold of We've ever been nice to each other before, but you know, before I knew you, Travis Golightly knew you. You do you do you have any way of getting a.
Speaker 2: Hold of him?
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 11: I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me see if I can make something happen. Isn't a ticket? Can I win a ticket?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We'll get him in.
Speaker 2: But is he in this hemisphere? Do you know anything about it?
Speaker 1: Is he local?
Speaker 3: My brother talks to him still, so I'll have fall see what he said?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, are you guy?
Speaker 23: Are you still around here?
Speaker 1: Was like, he's a ghost, dude, you got twenty four hours? Bring me go lightly and then I'll believe everything that you just said, all the nice stuff. All right, Thank you, Chris, love you? All right? Thanks bro? All Right, I'm like what this can't be good?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you? Yeah, he's managing Rosie.
Speaker 1: So he's the one that took Wizard out to lunch, Like, hey, let me throw a little something by you nice? What about Rosie on the bill? Well, I don't know. We'll see. Were you taking me to lunch?
Speaker 2: Sub lunch? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Under the sea all right.
Speaker 1: Chili just backed out of that whole thing. I'm like, Chillie, what is this phone mysterious phone line? And he just would not talk to me at all.
Speaker 2: And he's still not talking to me.
Speaker 12: All right.
Speaker 1: We will take your phone calls Open Phones Friday on the flip. We don't we're not giving away tickets right now for the anniversary show. We are giving them away on know the show the Last So it's your phone calls and whatever it is that you want to talk ninety four five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. Okay, we'll get to your calls. It is open Phones Friday, and it's everybody calling on the regular phone line. We'll get you on whatever it is that you want to talk about. Uh, you're up right after aol here online, Kid's Alix Online. Ninety four five The Muzz beg it all right.
Speaker 7: This is I thought maybe appropriate for this weekend. It's called drunk Walk and a little game you're gonna play today. It's pretty simple. You just use your mouse or your finger if you're playing on your phone and you are playing the part of an inebriated person. So I had to walk down the street. You just got to make sure that as this guy leans to the right, yeah, centerum a little bit, and it gets harder the further you go.
Speaker 2: You just try and see how fire you ge him. I just I just did it right before we started, twenty three meters.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you're a world record holder, Like in real life you are a world record holder. I've never seen you go down. I've never seen you fall is it chakes me not how wet, But this guy, the fact that Alex sometimes someone else is driving the bus, I'm looking at him after a buzz fest or something, and the dudes, I go, how are you buy pedle right now? How are you standing?
Speaker 14: Power?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. You must be the best at this game.
Speaker 2: Great determination are you?
Speaker 1: Were you like did you go into a studio with like ping pong balls all over you?
Speaker 2: Were you the guy that to make the game, they had to outsource this. They wanted me to do that ahead of time.
Speaker 1: But go check this out.
Speaker 2: You may not be You're not walking home drunk tomorrow. We're not driving home drunk. We're drunk walking to our alto tomorrow. That's what we can do. We've got that. I deal with him. We go check it out at the finished right, Ryan showpages dot com.
Speaker 5: David, All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Richard is gonna be next up on open phones Richard, Good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 2: That's going up. Man.
Speaker 1: How are you You got the floor? It's you're on the air.
Speaker 2: What do you got hey?
Speaker 12: First of all, I want to say happy birthday. It's my beautiful wife Rina, and we are live from London, UK right now, right now.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 5: When is it over there?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Time later six four, three.
Speaker 12: Three o'clock. So I wanted to say I was the one that emailed you the other day about we were in the Guinness Brewery and try to get in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 12: That was amazing on the faces of the beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So we're Kevin tomorrow.
Speaker 12: We're coming tomorrow. We fly in and land at two and then we are going to the party. We have tickets, bring your log in.
Speaker 1: It affected your London trip this party. You're coming back in time for the party.
Speaker 12: Well yeah, well I wouldn't miss it. That's amazing flight just for you.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable. All right, Richard, I hope I hope to see you. Guys. Tell me your wife's name again?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 2: Rina? Rina?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 2: Happy birthday? Rina? What a what a, what an amazing thing to come back to our Times show.
Speaker 7: Did you ever think somebody was gonna move their flight from England up so they could hang out?
Speaker 2: Never crossed my mind, not even once.
Speaker 11: Kelly, good morning, Good morning, a happy twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: Glad you're stuck.
Speaker 11: Around this ball.
Speaker 1: Thanks Kelly, thank you so much what you got for Open Funds today.
Speaker 11: I liked invite you and everybody else out to our second annual suicide Prevention benefit on Sunday out at Wildcatter Saloon. I'm gonna have garbage, girlfriend playing, going to have three oh seven departure and loocid illusions.
Speaker 2: Co head lighting.
Speaker 11: And one of your old friends from twenty years ago is our mc Remember the name Pam Kelly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pamp, she is our MC.
Speaker 1: Oh really you have you have a way of getting a hold of Pam obviously.
Speaker 11: Obviously, yes, I kind of been friends with her for a while.
Speaker 1: Ascar, I mean, ask her if she's I would give her a pair of tickets. She was the first co host on this show before Teresa exactly. She was on for about eight months and then up and then that was it. But it was always real cool with her. I just I don't have a way of getting a hold of her. I don't even see her on social media or anything. Have it reached out to me somehow? I don't know. I would love for Pam to come to the party tomorrow. But thank you for your invite Wildcatters. You got some really good bands on that thing.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, five bands in all. We start at noon.
Speaker 1: We've got raffles, We've.
Speaker 11: Got auctions, including a collective Soul autographed guitar too.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, all right, Well, thank you, Kelly.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. And if you can somehow reach out to Pam, I would love to invite Pam to come. The very first co host of The Rod Ryan Show went on the show with her. I met her that morning the first day of the show.
Speaker 2: You had never like, have you spoken to her before that?
Speaker 1: On the phone? One time she was sick. They made me go on the air and then she couldn't get together over the weekend.
Speaker 2: We went out on a Monday.
Speaker 1: This was after I got lost. That was a Friday show. Then it was a weekend. She was sick. She came in on Monday. She looked at me, she said at the deush, She's like, so, what are we doing? What do you What kind of morning show is this? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: That's how we met. He came in on a Monday.
Speaker 1: Wow, you gotta learn Tessa from Austin. Tessa, good morning, Good morning, y'all.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you? You're coming in for the party?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You got tickets?
Speaker 25: I did.
Speaker 1: I will be here tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I'm leaving bright and early and staying with some gravy gangers.
Speaker 2: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't be driving back to Austin after tomorrow nights after tomorrow's party. There's no way, no, no, I already get I already get into enough trouble when I try to drive mychelth places. Yeah, you don't want to do any of that, all right, Tessa?
Speaker 2: Thank you man?
Speaker 1: I know you guys, Tessa, is this Tessa here from Austin. I don't you must go to a live concert? You guys must go once twice a week. I feel like every time I see you, you're at You're out at a concert somewhere.
Speaker 3: We love to go to live music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and that's that's a lot of people like that's what they love and that's where you spend your money. Yea God rest his soul. A friend of mine from back home, you know, he said to me one day and he's like, Rod, I don't have things. I don't have a lot of really nice things, but I have are ticket stubs. And I said, that's what he wanted to do. All his money went to go traveling, to go see The Grateful Dead and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: He just wanted to go to concerts.
Speaker 23: That was his thing.
Speaker 1: That's where he wanted all his money to go. All right, Thank you Austin, Tessa, Brandy.
Speaker 13: Burnder, Hey, well Ing family.
Speaker 1: Hey Brandy, you're on what you got for open phones.
Speaker 13: I just really wanted to wish Tessa on happy Birthday and tell everyone if y'all don't make it out to the Rod Ryan's Chiny Anniversary, come out to the Character Festival in Chapel Hill and support all of that business.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the birthday wishes.
Speaker 6: I hope everyone goes to support y'all and spends a million dollars with y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Brandy. Robin, you're next up on open phones. Hello, Hello, Robin.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to say happy Inniverse three, Happy twentieth anniversary, and I'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: And happy birthday to Testa.
Speaker 2: Thanks, it's my birthday.
Speaker 9: Two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, remember.
Speaker 2: Your birthday.
Speaker 6: Tell my dad remembers his anniversary with his second wife.
Speaker 5: He's like, I know, if I get it on this date, I can remember both things.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Robins, Thank you so much. Although it's not my anniversary. The anniversary show is tomorrow. Wizards in here, Wizard tell me about the Do I have to do?
Speaker 12: Do I have to do?
Speaker 1: Me doing me?
Speaker 2: That was a nice crowd you had off the land on this date.
Speaker 1: I imagine it dealt with like dealing with the bands when they were free the routing. Because the actual anniversary of the show was January second of this year, Yes, right after New Years, so that was the twentieth anniversary. But you know then you get to do that victory lap.
Speaker 11: For a year.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh twenty years, you know. So the party not necessarily the date of the anniversary, but I'm assuming it dealt with band.
Speaker 10: Yeah completely when when they could do it, and the and we were trying to figure stuff out because we had some you know, we've got Monster Gym coming up. We had all this other stuff for boots, rocks and stuff. So it was really fine in the window with Blue October because we knew they've just been the house band forever we wanted them. And then the whole thing opened up with Shine Down and uh, and then Sublime just kind of dropped in our laps, and so that that really became kind of a it just kind of came together.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to know, are you doing any kind of bands? Are going on in this order? Are you doing any Yeah?
Speaker 23: I'm putting you on the spy.
Speaker 2: I don't know because I don't know. Yeah, so okay, yeah, all right, all right, set time?
Speaker 1: Are you doing this right now?
Speaker 11: I get.
Speaker 1: What did I okay?
Speaker 10: All right, okay, Doors at three, Yes, Rosie three thirty, Yes, Exies, Scott Stevens four thirty. Okay, remember the thirties. It's going to be really easy. New band every thirty so so four thirty, the Exies, five thirties, Theory, six thirty, Blue October seven thirty. Uh, Jacob, Jacob and Sublime than eight thirties Brenton Zach from Shindown, did you I.
Speaker 1: Knew there was a rumor going around with Jacob Noel that maybe someone else from Sublime was going to maybe come in with him.
Speaker 10: If you heard any of that, I did, and it's not true. Said Jacob's going to be there by himself. Originally there was some talk with that and it just didn't work out. Okay, I'll just I don't want to bait and switch, but it's yeah, it'll just be Jacob. But I think that's going to be enough to be super excited.
Speaker 2: Do you understand when I say this?
Speaker 1: I know you listen. That's the wildcard for me tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I've never seen.
Speaker 1: Him excited, you know, like we've seen all of these bands we've had up to it, including the Theory of dead Man in the Next Susy. They've done private performances for us before, and I don't know how brilliant, Shine Down and Blue October are unplugged the wild card.
Speaker 2: The thing for me that I'm maybe like Alex maybe most excited. Who knows what's going to happen with this kid?
Speaker 10: I know, you know, and then remember when he came back and they announced they headlined Coachella. So to come from Coachella to Ron Ryan, I mean, you're kind of a big deal dude, as Coachella.
Speaker 1: Chili just came in to grab you.
Speaker 2: I think he's pulling.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 12: I'm just turning off the TV.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you were bringing out the hook for a wizard. Do you promise me thirty minutes on scuba?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, that's enough for the wizard. That's another line open too, Yeah, that is another clog.
Speaker 2: That line another line open.
Speaker 1: If you want to get through for open phones, I promise it'll just be you guys on the phone seven one, three, two, two, five nine four.
Speaker 2: Fuck no, he is the scariest morning show on the planet.
Speaker 1: You were listening to. The Rod Ryan Show rested on ninety four five, The Bug, ninety four to five, The Buzz some forty one land Mines, Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 2: We have more pumps pons Friday.
Speaker 1: Kind of I mean, can we do can we really do open phones Friday? Or is it still asked the Wizard?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 5: Asked the Wizard Fridays open phones?
Speaker 1: Or ask the Wizard? I guess both of those are on the table. Kirk, Good morning, you're on Live. Good morning?
Speaker 11: What's not brother?
Speaker 8: Rod?
Speaker 2: What you got for open phones today?
Speaker 10: I just wanted to give a shout out to my beautiful wife, Cassandra.
Speaker 1: Wish all a happy twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 11: That's a happy birthday, and we can't wait to rock out.
Speaker 1: With you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going Wow. Thanks.
Speaker 1: It's weird talking to a lot of people that are going to this party.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was nothing.
Speaker 1: But I thought it was nothing but unhappy people out there today.
Speaker 14: One.
Speaker 1: Good morning one, huh Hello one you sir? Hello one, you're on? Good morning?
Speaker 18: Hey, how's it go on? Good morning everyone?
Speaker 1: Good morning, sir. You're on open phones Friday?
Speaker 2: What you got for us?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 18: Man, it was just say sir, was storing party with you guys last night. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 18: I was with you yesterday holding the table down for the raffle.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, Yeah, I was. I thought it would be a good idea to get on tables and stuff like that. I mean, I don't know, I don't have a good past if I have a past of falling at events. Thank you, Wan, you're in tomorrow.
Speaker 12: Right, yeah and tomorrow. And a quick shout out to that nice coup with it gave away that ticket.
Speaker 18: Remember that older gentleman that was so upset and distraught that he was he didn't get to win at any of your events.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It happened a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Because there was Choppah, he is a I think a rack war vat he had won tickets and he gave them to somebody too. There was a couple of those.
Speaker 2: I mean that's you know. I already had tickets and they went again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he gave them to somebody and it was just there was some beautiful, beautiful moments. Wan, thank you for reminding me of that too, because there it was fun last night, wizards.
Speaker 2: You have a good time last night. Thank you great, sound good, Anthony.
Speaker 1: You're next up on open phones.
Speaker 12: Hey guys, tell y'all doing what's up?
Speaker 2: Anthony.
Speaker 26: I just wanted to take a moment and thank you guys for helping me get through some dark times and making the mornings that much better on my way to work.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: That's Alex asked me something earlier. It's like, hey, did you ever think And it was one of those type of questions, you know, doing the morning show. You what you're kind of talking about right now, the highs and the lows and the things that we have all been through.
Speaker 2: You can't prepare yourself for that, you know.
Speaker 1: And we're here and stuff is happening, and hurricanes are hitting, and you know, tragedies are happening, and then we're all dealing with personal things in our lives.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, we share so much of our lives that that was never explained to me by anybody.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: Nor did they say that your face would be on the side of a monster jam truck.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like those things right you just in your wildest dreams, you never even thought about that. But what you're talking about, Anthony is we have shared so much of our lives, and you guys have shared so much of your lives with us, and highs and lows, you know, and I'm here, I'm here for that ride.
Speaker 2: You know at least for another four years.
Speaker 12: Yes, I'm an E and T out of Houston, and uh, you.
Speaker 23: Guys have.
Speaker 26: Every morning when I turn on that ambulance ninety four five, the buzzes on the radio.
Speaker 1: That's job one for us. And your job is so difficult. I know that there's more important you have, like a real job. If you do real and important Anthony, I know there's lives being saved in the back of that truck. I know you're a part of it, and I know that you've seen things that none of us would even nightmare about. So yeah, we we talk about that and we try to keep it light tight and bright around here. If we can just take your mind off of you know, starting your day traffic is nobody likes traffic. We're just trying to get you through it a little bit easier, that's all we're doing. Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Jason, you're next up on open phones.
Speaker 1: Oh hello, brother on how you doing great?
Speaker 2: Jason?
Speaker 1: What you got for us today?
Speaker 7: Far as and.
Speaker 26: Foremost, congratulations on twenty years.
Speaker 2: That's impressing me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you man.
Speaker 3: Alex, congrats on having a week Aaron, that's awesome.
Speaker 7: Toe.
Speaker 2: I've got you appreciate it. That's a happy bark.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Where you're from, Jason? I was born in lem, Scotland. It's great. I love this accent too.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's true.
Speaker 2: You think it's fake?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 5: I feel like someone did you call you? Arrange this like a birthday, a Scottish birthday.
Speaker 1: Give me a Scottish guy, Give me a guy that sounds like a Scottish well. Thank you, thank you, Rod, Jason, thank you for the kind Thank you for the kind words. How long have you been in Houston?
Speaker 6: Readcent maths here?
Speaker 3: I'm not doing math, I'm here.
Speaker 5: What's that I said? All his life it's never been Scotland.
Speaker 1: He's from Scotland, all right, I'm just kidding, Jason, Jason, thank you so much, Thank you so much for the kind words. Laura, good morning, Yes brother sister, Laura.
Speaker 5: How are you doing great?
Speaker 25: Hey, So I wanted to get give you all. See if we can get a plug for a postobra event. We're doing low star calls in Proland. We do uh the second annual.
Speaker 5: We basically get spae.
Speaker 25: Nooters vaccinations for animals and then transport them to the East coast, Colorado. So our our event is on October twenty six, from twelve to seven at Steamboat Bills on thirty five in Paroland. We invite chall out anybody that wants to come out. We're gonna have live auctions, a silent auction, crawl fish, all kinds of stuff, so it'd be great and all the all the proceeds go to the rescue to help save other animals.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 1: So this animals, it's paw Tober. Did that get that right?
Speaker 25: It's called Paustober as the event. Our rescue is called lone Star two words pauls paw Z And you can find us on Facebook under.
Speaker 1: That awesome Lauren. Keep up the great work. Keep up the awesome work.
Speaker 2: Guys. That's it.
Speaker 1: Wizard's looking at me, he said, it's time to break.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's enough.
Speaker 1: We're gonna tell you where to shop, coming up, right? Is that what we do here?
Speaker 9: So we do.
Speaker 1: We're gonna tell you where to shop, and then we're gonna come back and then Test is going to have a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah know, the show is the most important of the show. Question?
Speaker 5: Maybe thanks for the pressure.
Speaker 1: Is it the biggest nother show? Question of all time.
Speaker 2: This is the last you get?
Speaker 12: You are it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in last pair of tickets to The rod Ryan Show twenty tenniversary party. Coming up, Rock and Alternative fair House, The rod Ryan.
Speaker 14: Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz before five The Buzz, Good morning, rob Ryan's Show. Okay, the moment you're looking forward to, followed by the moment you've been dreading. That's all coming up.
Speaker 2: What's this?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 5: What is It's a birthday shot?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're getting a birthday shot.
Speaker 5: That was nice that he No, no, it's god.
Speaker 7: Open up.
Speaker 1: Oh lord, it's a tesla doing a show.
Speaker 5: President of our company Fireball.
Speaker 2: All right, well we'll happy birthday.
Speaker 14: They do everyone.
Speaker 5: I have a very important job right now. Please please, line needs to know the show.
Speaker 1: It is no the show, the show for the last rewair of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary Party.
Speaker 5: No, don't leave I at attention. Watch we just watch me do this second.
Speaker 6: What's your question for twentieth anniversary rod Ryan Show passes? What is now available for your dog for purchase?
Speaker 5: They don't know. They're stumped. They don't know the show.
Speaker 1: Seven one three, two one two five nine four five If you know the show you are into tomorrow's show. Last pair of tickets dial carefully.
Speaker 2: Right show celebrating twenty years ninety.
Speaker 21: Four, five.
Speaker 2: Okay ninety four or five?
Speaker 1: Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show, Bad Wolves, Zombie, wrap it up the show? Well, well, well listen, I'm not going to delay it. Let's just go right after it. He's now time for you know this show on ninety four to five. La la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Well hello, who is this?
Speaker 7: This is Clint.
Speaker 1: Good for you, Clint. Let's see if you can get through it. If you can get through, Tessa, this might be the biggest This might be the biggest know the show that we've ever done. Here. Steaks are steaks are as high as they could possibly be. Tessa.
Speaker 6: Your question, Clint, tell me what is now available for your dog for purchase?
Speaker 12: That would be the crop cho That's it.
Speaker 2: He got him cocks for dogs, He got him.
Speaker 5: You did it.
Speaker 1: Hello, the very very very last bear of tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party.
Speaker 2: Clint.
Speaker 23: You're in, Oh, thank you so much so in taking me too, them me too.
Speaker 1: Because I can't believe that we're ending the show. I can't believe we've been. When did we announce Wizard Law twenty second? I knew you'd know that off the top of your hair of that weirdo. Yeah, we've been talking about Clint. I'm gonna put you on hold. Do not hang up your phone.
Speaker 2: You think about talking. Talk to Chili and he'll get you your tickets.
Speaker 1: I couldn't used a little more cowbell.
Speaker 2: You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow.
Speaker 7: Bell, David, I got a fever, and the only prescription its more cow bell.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Who had Clint Noak on their bingo card as getting the very last pair of tickets? I did not for anybody have Clint Noak. Okay, well he got them and that's it. So somewhere down the road when there's some Rod Ryan show board game, that'll be one of your questions. Who got the last pair of tickets? Clint Noak? Know the show with dumb dog shoes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, crocs for your dog?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Matt one game number two this morning, fresh out of bad head to head and he beat Dave. He's gonna go for win number three. He's going to be joining us on Monday Morning show. We invited him back. Thank you Specs for the beers. Thank you to everyone they got through, everyone they got through on open phones, Thank you very much. Fanny Friday was not your number one link. That Carrie Undwood link is still traveling. It's still viral, Wizard. That'd be cool if our company cared about web numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we looked.
Speaker 1: Wrong with them because we have some real big ones right now.
Speaker 2: You guys are doing great.
Speaker 1: Rally. Girl brought us all breakfast, and she brought you a k cut. This was really nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then she brought me a chase. It's in the fridge, Wizard a.
Speaker 1: Bird shots tomorrow. We will see you all at the party. I'm just gonna put it on everyone, Wizard too. Does everybody take a lot of pictures and put them up on social for the people that can't be there. They're gonna want to be following along and stuff, So let's try to include some of that stuff. Who has six picks?
Speaker 2: It says Chile Chile.
Speaker 20: Weekend.
Speaker 12: Should we better take over?
Speaker 1: Should we give it a wizard?
Speaker 2: Should we all very wizard?
Speaker 5: Should we all let wizard.
Speaker 2: Take over all?
Speaker 1: Should everybody bring in their six favorite pictures from the weekend.
Speaker 2: I bring in their six favorites. I would like to do this show through each of your eyes, all right, that I take six pictures really fast, and I hope that I updated.
Speaker 6: I'm to bring an altar of myself if people want to drop off Tithings pictures, no.
Speaker 1: Different and any other Mondays EXE it for you, Tessa Golf Tournament. If you can believe it, it's next week. We are going to have Boobs Rock merchandise out there at the at the show tomorrow, and there is a I was there, you know, the show shirt. The bands are not selling merchandise, but there will be a show specific shirt that I was at the party. I upped it from three hundred to five hundred. I don't want to get stuck with these shirts. So bring your credit cards, bring bring some money with you, and all that money is going to go to the charity. But are there's no merch for the bands, but we will be out there, DEVI will be out there selling Boobs Rock merchandise. New past the gravy went up just the other day. Testa's on Houston Life today at one o'clock. What else is left to say, wizard, what else is left to say?
Speaker 2: Well, I think we're we got good weather, we got fun.
Speaker 10: It's time to start planning for the twenty first anniversary next year.
Speaker 9: I think so.
Speaker 2: It's worked out so well.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, those would be lucky enough to be there. Don't wait to see you, guys. And uh yeah, maybe we'll have to do another one of these soon. Get some more people in, guys, have the best weekend ever?
Speaker 2: Man, am m.
Speaker 1: S Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 17: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com