Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to a very special Labor Day episode of Laura Kane after Dark.
Speaker 2: We do not take it off.
Speaker 1: You guys can, and I'm glad that you have it off because you can kick back and hang with us.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, I had it off till I got here.
Speaker 2: Now you call this work? This is oh my god.
Speaker 4: I know. And up until like an hour before, Laura was still sending me stuff to do.
Speaker 3: She's very bossy. Okay, you should see that. I should read you the text that she sent me.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, wait wait, wait wait, I was napping.
Speaker 1: I'm Laura Kane, Sarah Grimmer, Hi producer Brian. Okay, so, Brian, I knew this was labor day and I was I'm like, okay.
Speaker 3: Which for Laura means just a regular work day, Like La.
Speaker 2: It means nothing to me. But I knew that Brian had it off.
Speaker 4: I met, I assume, right, So she waited till the last minute for me to do it.
Speaker 1: I know, I was like, oh, is he going to answer me? I don't know if he's going to answer. Maybe if he considers this a work day.
Speaker 3: You're You're lucky.
Speaker 4: I actually had time to do it because I was in Lahoya for most of the day.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'm glad that you did, because I did give you a couple assignments, and I'm thank you for doing that one.
Speaker 3: Of them doing your assignments at the last.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we're going to talk about our big date night out downtown on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Brought it.
Speaker 1: We have pictures and videos to show you. And why were we downtown at nine thirty at night?
Speaker 2: That's when we got.
Speaker 3: There at Moonshine Flats.
Speaker 2: At Moonshine Flats, why were we there?
Speaker 3: Which, by the way, I was completely out of my element. It was a country in Western.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that, do.
Speaker 5: I.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about the unbelievable comment that unfortunately she was the I was a witness too, and this is never gonna go away ever, never, And it was out of the blue.
Speaker 2: And let me just say this.
Speaker 1: We walked out of the store we were in and Eric's chest was so puffed out, like he was so proud.
Speaker 2: His head almost didn't make it through the door.
Speaker 3: Those double doors at TJ Max barely contained. I thought they were gonna have to take them off.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, just wait, just wait, big concert.
Speaker 5: I went to.
Speaker 2: Big fight. Oh boy, I'll tell them. I'll talk to you about that. We have special guest Ellen Robin. She's gonna be here live.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about skidaddle for two months now and it's coming up Saturday, so she's gonna be on with us.
Speaker 2: She's a special guest. She's a survivor.
Speaker 1: She's a lovely survivor of this kind of heart attack and she's really involved in this walk and she's gonna tell us more about it.
Speaker 2: And it's not too late to sign up, and.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you how to do that. And then we have Eric's Double D news.
Speaker 3: Of course we do.
Speaker 1: First, let's talk about our other sponsor, which we love very much before we get to you.
Speaker 2: Yes, the unbelievable comment in our date night.
Speaker 3: Hi, doctor Readler.
Speaker 2: I'm La Joya.
Speaker 1: Cosmetic Surgery Center, doctor Swiston, doctor Salazar.
Speaker 2: There's like a lot of doctor they are.
Speaker 3: They've been I just love by doctor Readler.
Speaker 2: So they've been with.
Speaker 1: Us for many years and we love them very much and we respect their practice and we wouldn't send you anywhere else.
Speaker 2: Here's more about Lahoya Cosmetic.
Speaker 1: La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your.
Speaker 2: Body, and just just something special for yourself. You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 3: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 3: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard.
Speaker 1: How lucky are we make sure you tell them that Laura Kane after Dark sent you. We love everything about La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Speaker 3: Go to glamfam dot com.
Speaker 1: So Eric and I saw a lot of each other over the weekend.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 1: We went scouting out bridle shops yes on Friday to see if we could have a group try on wedding dress. Try it for those of us who have never tried on a wedding dress, so that is in the work.
Speaker 2: So we went.
Speaker 1: We did some homework, and we talked to some people and we went to lunch after yes, and then we had to go to Marshalls because it was in the shopping center. Right, we cannot pass off an opportunity to go to one of those stores. No, we get whatever we're gonna get. I don't know, I got to facial stuff. I don't forgot what you out. We're in line. I don't even remember what we were talking about.
Speaker 3: But you know how the long, we're talking about our outfits for Halloween, and I was refusing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he was being a brad. I'm like, what are we gonna be for Halloween? We could be like a famous couple or something. And he's like, nah, I'm not, just like we've dressed up every Halloween. Why are you like throwing a fit right now?
Speaker 3: I throw a fit every Halloween because I hate Halloween.
Speaker 1: So now I'm gonna let you say exactly what. The guy in front of us, single guy, young guy, turned around and said to us he overheard our conversation.
Speaker 3: I said the following, Well, she could go as Britney Spears and just put on a little mini skirt and brown sensible shoes and throw knives around, and I said, I could always go as Brad Pitt because so many people mistake me for him. And the guy turns around, he goes, well, actually, you look just like Chris Hensworth. The heavens opened up. I was like and.
Speaker 1: I and the guy was dead serious and he was sober and he had not been day dreaming.
Speaker 2: No, it looked completely out of both eyes.
Speaker 3: So I now, oh, am a dead ringer for chrism No, my god, I know.
Speaker 2: I look at Brian. Brian is like, said, I don't think you look.
Speaker 1: Like Okay, Well, this guy gave him the ultimate compliment that I've ever heard in my entire life.
Speaker 2: And you Eric's face was like glowing.
Speaker 3: It was. It was more than normally.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, and his chest was all like I like, we said, his head barely fit through the doors.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm I'm never going to hear the end. I will never hear the end of the story. The story will always be brought up.
Speaker 3: It will.
Speaker 1: And I'm kind of sad I witnessed it because I can't say that it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: I am thrilled that you witnessed it.
Speaker 1: And then Saturday happened. So Saturday Eric works all day eight hours. I worked eight hours, and then I had to work a couple more hours at work working at Star and then we Eric and I were invited to a birthday party downtown at a club. And it's this woman who's been on our show before. Her name was Beatrice and we love we love her very much. And I'm like, Eric, we are going to put on our big girl and big boy pants. We're gonna we're gonna pull it together. We're gonna get a second. When the party started at nine, and we were.
Speaker 3: Like in se and here's the thing. When first came like what I said, we were both like, we're in. And then and then I looked at the time and I was like, is it too late to retract my Yeah, I'm in because I was like nine o'clock on a Saturday night.
Speaker 2: I know, we're so freaking.
Speaker 3: The only thing I'm looking at on a Saturday at nine o'clock is the inside of my eyelids stomach.
Speaker 1: Eric, we're going, we're going to go make an appearance. We're going to try to get it together as good as we can. Take an uber from my house. We'll go say hi, da da da, and then leave because you had to work in the morning. I had to leave for my mom's m HM. So we get down there and the guy there's a guy at the front checking IDs, and we looked at him when we said, these are the oldest ideas you're going to see all night, so get ready.
Speaker 2: Another guy had no like sense of humor.
Speaker 3: He just said, you're going to need to throw that bottle, that water bottle away, ma'am.
Speaker 2: I know we were walking into.
Speaker 1: What I thought we were walking into was like a birthday party that was kind of planned, but actually what we were walking into was just a club where she was hanging out with friends.
Speaker 3: And say, there was lots of things hanging out.
Speaker 2: It was past that bar. It was fun moonshine flat.
Speaker 3: I saw more tigle bitties than I've ever seen. Oh my god, my entire light.
Speaker 1: We get to the front, there's that room in between nothing for me. We get there's a room in between the entrance and then the entrance to the club where you're supposed to pay the cover charge.
Speaker 2: And so I haven't paid a cover.
Speaker 1: Char I've been doing club in like years. I forgot about cover charge.
Speaker 3: You remember the last time I've ever set for in a bar.
Speaker 1: So I was like, thinking of Myra brain. I'm like, oh, hell no. So I said to the woman, I go, all I need to do. All we need to do is drop off a gift, find our friend, and we're out. I'll leave you my rings as proof. Yeah, like, please don't make us like you.
Speaker 4: Guys haggled over a cover charge. We didn't which is like probably ten dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even worth us to pay it. Like I was ready to turn around and climb back and be.
Speaker 2: So she's like, okay, just go, just go.
Speaker 1: So so we didn't pay the cover so that was good.
Speaker 2: So we get there. We're looking around and it's like kind of smoky in there.
Speaker 1: There's you know, there's girls dancing on the blocks and stuff. It was my worst's line dancing. There's there's all sorts of things. It's crowded. So we're looking for Beatrice. She's upstairs on this like upper level, and then we had to turn it on. We had to turn it on for at least twenty minutes. Our party sells, so about twenty minutes. Exhausted, annihilated, like oh my god, totally. But anyway, we wanted to show you some pictures we were trying to take. Here, I'll move the camera so you guys can see the screen. Here, we were trying to take pictures, modeling pictures because we thought we looked kind of cute. So I'm like, let's do our best modeling. Eric used to be a model. Hey, look at it, a freak. I look like you look great? You look great.
Speaker 2: I look like I'm scared of something.
Speaker 3: You look like you're being anally probed.
Speaker 2: By oh whatsoever? Anyway, you look great.
Speaker 3: Undered neath your skirt.
Speaker 2: Then, oh that's okay, awful.
Speaker 1: So the Olsen Twins one time said it to take a nice picture with your mouth closed and to get the kind of duck lip look, say the word prune.
Speaker 4: Oh god, that's a terrible that's bad advice.
Speaker 2: So we all are saying the word prune.
Speaker 3: I look like I'm melting.
Speaker 2: Well, you look the best out on the three of us.
Speaker 3: Look terrible.
Speaker 2: Just looks like she's whistling.
Speaker 1: And I look like I just got my lips injected, and look horrible.
Speaker 4: You've seen a picture of the Olsen Twins. They look awful in photos.
Speaker 2: Well, they say prune.
Speaker 1: That's apparently the secret and then I saw this girl and she was dancing like she was kind of like leading the dancing.
Speaker 2: This girl right here she was. I'm like, I want to be here.
Speaker 5: I can do this. I can do this.
Speaker 2: So Eric's spelling it. Here we go. There's me. So okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 5: I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: You're Eric, You're right in step with her.
Speaker 2: I think that's all I did. That's not all I sent you for that night. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But I was so out of my element. I was in like a sport jacket.
Speaker 1: I know, everybody had like and everybody was in like coal jeans and boots. Yeah, you were like totally up.
Speaker 3: I looked like I was going to a poetry reading.
Speaker 1: It was actually really fun for twenty minutes, the thirty minutes we were there, whatever it was. Then we get outside and Eric is like stitching to get home, right.
Speaker 3: I hate downtown.
Speaker 1: I go, let's just walk up the block because we're hungry. Let's just look for tacos. We're downtown. When was the last time we were downtown? And He's like no, So he is on his Uber and he's like getting the ubers. So we get in the Uber. This uber driver oh is talking our ear and tells us this horrible story about this woman that it gets into this vicious fight that has these big boobs, and he was talking about like this guy had this kind of choke hold and she had a broken nose and it was blood.
Speaker 2: She was in my car and.
Speaker 3: Eric's Oh, I was horrified. I didn't say a word the entire time. Oh, I don't even think I tipped the uber driver yet. Well, I know I got it until you brought it up just now. I don't think I ever clipped him. Oh boy.
Speaker 2: All right, So that was that night.
Speaker 1: But before we get to your double D news, I need to tell you about big concert.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, big fight.
Speaker 1: Antonio, who's my roommate and my ex boyfriend, but we're friends and we do stuff together because we're companions. We hang out platonically. So he bought tickets to the Steve Leban Journey def Leppard at Petco Friday night, and he bought him a long time ago. They were there, so I'm won a big deal and uh they were floor seats and he said, well, do you want to go?
Speaker 2: I have yes. I love Journey. I would love to see def Leppard for sure.
Speaker 3: You would actually love to just shop at the gift shop.
Speaker 1: The merch Oh, I'm all about the merch, the merch stand. But anyway, we get to our floor seats, which were great, but he's the kind that tries to get as close as possible to the stage and it makes me uncomfortable because we get into an area that's not our those aren't our seats, and I get scared. So Journey comes on. Oh my gosh, it was so great. The guy that took over first seat, Parry.
Speaker 3: He sounds just like him, isn't it freaky?
Speaker 1: Like even better, and he's a great performer. Everybody knows every word every song, so it was so fun. So there's these two dudes behind me and they were like there were some chairs that were empty. Again, we're not in the right seats, but nobody's kicked us out yet. So the security guard is coming around, and I decided I would do them a favor and like, I go call I'm up next to me, and I'll pretend like I know you, so the security guard will leave you alone. Because they were asking the guys like let me see your tickets, So I pretended like I knew them. I'm like, hi, Oh, I'm so glad you guys are here.
Speaker 2: Come here are your seats? And the guy walks away security guard.
Speaker 1: You're so smart, Well, Antonio flipped out. He goes, why do you have to be so effognice to everybody because you're a delight?
Speaker 2: I go, you don't know my personality.
Speaker 1: Bind. Now he goes, we could have risked our position here the you know, by bringing those.
Speaker 2: Two guys up. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So I was like, you know what, whatever, I'm over it, and I went up to the seat in front of me and I just kind of left him.
Speaker 2: Well, he left me, he.
Speaker 1: Bailed, and so I was like, I'm at this concert by myself. I'm texting him no answer, So I'm at the concert alone. So I just kind of hang out with these two guys, these two strangers, and then this one who was in front of me, you super drunk, didn't realize that Steve Perry is no longer in Journey. Oh no, what year are you in?
Speaker 2: Miss? She's like, who's this lead singer guy? I don't like him?
Speaker 1: I want So they left the Journey concert and came back for Deaf Leppard because she was so incensed it wasn't Steve.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is crazy, but it was really fun. And then I left.
Speaker 1: I saw one Deaf Leopard song and I was like, you know what, I gotta work tomorrow. I've seen enough, you know how I am at fond.
Speaker 3: I knew you wouldn't make it through the whole thing.
Speaker 1: We got there on time though, for the very opening, and I saw Steve miller Rand, which.
Speaker 3: He told me didn't show up.
Speaker 2: No, the heart.
Speaker 1: Opened for some of theirs, and somebody else opened for some of the other ones, and so we got the Steve miller Rand. So it was fine. The dude's eighty years old. That's in that band.
Speaker 2: He looked great.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it was a really it was cat to the rat watching a live version of cacoun.
Speaker 2: They wrong, still they rock.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, there's Steph Lever. Oh okay, cool, and then I left, took an ober home, went to work the next day.
Speaker 3: So I have one thing to talk to you about.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 2: Oh, let'stick on my teeth?
Speaker 3: No? What I do not know? How you drink those drinks?
Speaker 2: Oh the bobas he just tried boba for the first time. I think you need to get used.
Speaker 3: To this gelacness medicine ball.
Speaker 5: Do you like?
Speaker 3: Boba? Was good?
Speaker 4: Depends on what type of tea you have in.
Speaker 2: It, though, black milk tea or tie tea.
Speaker 3: Is also good without the balls in it.
Speaker 1: All right, So before we get to Ellen Robin, your special guest que the Double D News, I have a little.
Speaker 2: Can I be a special correspondent again?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, special?
Speaker 2: Two stories?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me when it's my turn.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay. Real Housewives of Orange County tamer Judge had a brow left and she documented it on Instagram. Face swelling, skin peeling, and pain. She's fifty six years old. She looked like the cripkeepers.
Speaker 2: She looks horrible.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know who it was. And you know what, that does not sound fun at all.
Speaker 1: I don't think the recovery her fully recovered face is going to look good.
Speaker 3: It's too bad. I'm never getting a browlift.
Speaker 2: No, you're just gonna get those things taken out.
Speaker 3: The cure is Roger O'Donnell reveals that he has blood cancer.
Speaker 2: Oh no, ooh, that's lucchini.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, well not necessarily, yeah, not necessarily, yeah, I guess not.
Speaker 3: Adele is taking a break from music quote unquote for an incredibly long time. She told her seventy five thousand people that showed up to her show in Munich.
Speaker 2: So did she ever do the Vegas?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So her remaining dates are from October twenty fifth to November twenty third.
Speaker 2: And then that's it for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Okay, so so this was weird. Do you know who Nicky Bella is? The Bella Twins, the female Yes.
Speaker 2: I used to watch that show, so they used to be clients of mine.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, they're super nice. I only thought that there was one and then when I saw that they were twins, I totally freaked out. I didn't even know who they were at the time. Nicki Bella is married or was to Ardem shing Ventsev from Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: He was arrested for dv against her over the weekend and it was.
Speaker 1: Messy, like like in the worst way, Like corporal was in front of the charges that word.
Speaker 4: I was like that that just means body. It means there were physical injury to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I guess he called the paramedics and then called back and said, you know what, you don't need to send anybody, and so there's a bunch of people freaking out about that.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what happens. Last bit of news is Dawson's Creek star Obi Adarro, he passed away at fifty one years old. He was kind of I guess. He was on the show for two seasons and in twenty nineteen he was at a grocery store team putting his groceries in the car and somebody hit him and they had to amputate both his legs. But they're not saying what the death was related.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yeah, can you imagine?
Speaker 1: They're my mom and I I was at my mom's house this weekend too, helping her paint the trim and her sighting, which was not fun in one hundred and five degree weather in Renchakoga, Maunga. Let me tell you, but we were watching the New ninety Day season and there's a guy on there who's almost a paraplegic and he can use a little bit of his hand strength and it was so and he has fallen in love with a woman in Brazil, so it's his journey. And he was carjacked like fifteen years ago and shot in the spine and now he can't walk or I mean, the story was so sad, and then they got into the sex part of it, because obviously that kind of was we were wondering, like, Okay, you're going to see this girl in Brazil and she was hot right like, and they've been talking online and she knows he's in a wheelchair. So it's like, so he and his wheelchair buddies who were they do a rugby game. They were all talking and the guy goes, so, what are you going to do about the sex thing? And he's like, well, I'm going to put a viagra. I guess some paraplegics can get it up. Some need viagra. There's like different levels. So he goes, I'm going to put a viagra in different spots that I can reach in case it goes down and heavy on the couch or in the bedroom or in the kitchen. So he's gonna hide viagras everywhere.
Speaker 3: Why doesn't he just carry it in the sand or put it in his wheelchair? I mean that would I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, but he was I really am rooting for him. I'm really rooting for him.
Speaker 2: He's was such it was a good show. It's going to be a good.
Speaker 3: Instead of having him scattered all around the house.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It has reasons.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that would be just a little easier to just be able to reach into a pout.
Speaker 1: And be like, okay, now you have to say and no special, oh yes, and now special correspondent from Hollywood, directly from Hollywood, loricatee. Travis and Jason Kelsey are taking there. They're with the Kansas City Chefs.
Speaker 4: Have no idea what more famous more famously Taylor Swift's man.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, that's Travis. Jason is his brother. They have a podcast called New Heights. Okay, now this should give us hope. Not that we're at their fame level.
Speaker 3: But well you are kind of the Taylor Swift and I am.
Speaker 2: The Travis Kelsey. Yeah right, he's the big football player. Sure, Okay, I'm Chris Hemsworth. Oh yeah, that's right. Okay, then maybe we have a shot.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: They just signed a three year deal with Amazon for their podcast, one hundred million dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh we're next, for sure. For sure.
Speaker 1: That's a kind of a good sign as far as podcasting goes right, not particularly for us. Well I know, I'm just saying, like in general, just watch yeah right, okay, I'm watching to approved.
Speaker 4: I've been watching for two years actually.
Speaker 2: Okay, And now.
Speaker 1: Another list of celebrities who are horrible to work with. We had the we had a list of what rude celebrities. I forgot what the list was. But this is a different list. Or wait, oh, did I do this on the show? Or did I do this?
Speaker 4: You moved on the show. Who's the top of the list, Jennifer Lopez?
Speaker 3: Did we know this was?
Speaker 1: This is a different list. I did this on Star Oh over the weekends. I'm sorry, like I've got like four jobs. She's very busy, very scattered. But this is an interesting list. This is from BuzzFeed, but it's from people who have either worked with them or co starred with them in certain productions. So Justin Bieber's on the list. Apparently he was the worst guest to work with on Saturday Night Live. According to Bill Hayter and Jay Farrow, Justin was probably just in a really bad place when he hosted in twenty thirteen, but they say he was a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Bill Murray is on this list.
Speaker 3: Duh.
Speaker 1: He has a history of causing drama on the set. Richard dreyf has called him an Irish drunken bully.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's famously like super difficult.
Speaker 2: When making What About Boss?
Speaker 3: He was horrible to Lucy lou during Charlie's Angels.
Speaker 4: And Harold remis they barely caught made up before his death. Come on, Bill, that's the reason why a third Ghostbusters never happened.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, come on, Bill, pull it together. Ed Norton.
Speaker 1: Apparently this guy that the Marvel president, says that he lacked a collaborative spirit during his time as the Hulk. Remember he played the Hulk. I like Edwin Norton, so he was replaced by Mark Ruffalo. I do like ed narn Yes. Julia Roberts. Steven Spielberg said she was not fun to work with on Hook. The crew referred to her as tink tinker Bell because she was kind of.
Speaker 3: A diva tinker Hell.
Speaker 1: Mike Myers, somebody who worked with him on Cat in the Hat, says it was a nightmarriage experience. He was also distant on the set and had a guy who held chocolates for him in a tupperware container.
Speaker 3: It's weird cat fair.
Speaker 4: He was also forced to dress up as a cat for you know, like fourteen hours a day.
Speaker 1: Forced. Yeah, he was paid well for them.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, you can still have a good attitude because guess what you got a gig? God, Mike, come on, Jimmy Fallen. Yeah, I know it was funny Jimmy Fallon. Last year, he was accused of creating a toxic work environment on The Tonight Show and having erratic behavior behind the scene.
Speaker 4: I wonder what that means because obviously it's also showbiz too. It's not like it's the most gentle place.
Speaker 1: To work, like, yeah, exactly. This might be from a very sensitive person.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then Jennifer Lopez, she has a list of demands. When she performed for the World Video Music Awards in twenty ten, she requested a custom speedboat. Oh come on, diamond encrusted headphones, and a helicopter on standby.
Speaker 2: And that was in twenty ten. Can you imagine what she demands now?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Lord?
Speaker 2: And then I just want to say go.
Speaker 1: Padres Tatis is off the injured list.
Speaker 2: He's back.
Speaker 1: He was on the injured list for sixty days, and what they're saying is September is going to be an exciting month because they're on a roll and apparently the schedule is in their favor because they kind of had a rough go of it, like for the last couple of series or months or something. But I read somewhere that September is opening up and everybody's super hopeful and it's going to be a really fun playoff season.
Speaker 3: So I'm sorry, what were you just talking about?
Speaker 1: The pod raise, Go odd Raise, Go bod Raise, no idea, and go Aztecs.
Speaker 2: There was a game on Saturday.
Speaker 3: It's quarter in a baseball game.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, stopping.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now we didn't do the Scadato commercial because we have somebody live in studio who's.
Speaker 2: Gonna speak from her heart because.
Speaker 1: It happened to her heart. Come on up, Ellen.
Speaker 5: Robin, Hello, Ellen, Hi Ellen.
Speaker 2: She's been on the show with us before.
Speaker 1: We were talking about Skidaddle then too, or we're just talking about scad we were talking about Oh, it's heart Women's Heart Month.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: There you are. Okay, So we are doing a walk. I'm am seeing the walk that you is her mi con Yes, there you are.
Speaker 1: We I'm am seeing the walk Skidattle, the five k eighth annual YEP, and this is largely.
Speaker 2: Organized by you.
Speaker 1: You stuffed all the bags with the T shirts and the funglasses and the little band.
Speaker 2: She has been a very busy lady.
Speaker 1: But even more importantly, she's a survivor of this particular heart attack that we've been telling you about called SCAD. Yes, and so Ellen, tell us what is SCAD, what happened to you, and why this walk is important.
Speaker 5: SCAD stands for a spontaneous coronary artery dissection, which is the number one cause for heart attacks, and mainly women, young women under the age of fifty. And I had mine almost fifteen years ago, and I was just I was a little over fifty, not much past that when I had mine, So I was right in that bracket age bracket. But the time I had mine, they didn't really know much about it. But in the last fifteen years we've made a lot of head rows. There's been a lot of research, but there's still a lot more that needs to be done. And so that's why we have these events across the country. We have scadattels in This is going to be our sixth to one this year already, and we have one more after this in Pittsburgh. Oh yeah, We've had in Chicago, Minnesota, Michigan, Texas.
Speaker 1: So talk about we by the way, before this, we were on cave Aside at four thirty during the news just saying, and you were talking about how when you first had your heart attack and you were recovering from this scad heart attack, you went on a Facebook page and there were a couple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was about seventy people on this Facebook page, and I was like number seventy one, and I'm now there's three administrators and I'm one of the administrators for this Facebook page. And we have seventy three one hundred members on this page, and we add every day between two to three members. Some of them are currently in the hospital and they find us. And then we have survivors that are ten fifteen years ago and didn't know that this existed and came across it and thought that they were all alone, just like I did for many years.
Speaker 1: The scary thing is, I mean, like you, if you are a guy and you're married to a woman who is under fifty, if you have a sister, if this is your daughter, you know, this is really scary because it affects young women, younger women, pregnant women, and it's almost undetectable until it happens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it really is, and that's one of the things that we're trying to find out in the research. Is there a way that we can detect this before it happens, and is it genetic run in families. There's actually at the walk this weekend we have a mother daughter SCAD survivors that are coming. So that's a little bit unusual, but because it usually it doesn't run in families. However, there are cousins and sisters and like this mother daughter, but the majority they don't think so far in the research that there's an actual gene. But there's a gene marker. And I'm not a scientist or so I don't know what that means, but it's something a little bit different than genetic, but there's a marker. So that's one of the things that's coming out. There's also connective tissue disorder called FMD fiber muscular displasia that they're finding about seventy five percent of scats and vibers have this connected diss disorder. And then there's what you were just talking about, the pregnancy related. So when it happens, it happens in about ninety percent of women, ten percent of men, and out of that ninety percent, so it does happen to men. And when it does happen out of that ninety percent of women, there's a subset and there's twenty percent of those are women that are it's pregnancy related. They're either pregnant or they're postpartum. So that's why the average age is considered forty three. And that's because you've got all these young women in their twenties and thirties that are are presenting to the hospital because they just had a baby, and a lot of times they're being told like, oh, you just had a baby, it's stress, you know, and it's not. They're having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: That's what's so important about this walk.
Speaker 1: It's it's raising funds to figure out what the heck this is and how to prevent it, because it obviously more research is needed.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: First tell us about what your heart attack felt like like when it hit, where were you, what happened, and then we'll tell you about how to sign up for the walk.
Speaker 5: Okay, so It happened February twenty first, twenty ten, and it was on a Sunday afternoon, at three thirty five in the afternoon. And I owned a duplex at the time, and we had a unit for rent, and so I decided to do an open house to do it. I didn't have a property manager. After my scat, I got a property manager. But I was in there and this woman came in. She opened the door, and she came in and I just, all of a sudden, I just got really cranky and agitated, and I don't know why. And she started picking at the walls because they were plaster walls. Look at those marks and so well, I won't tell you what I thought, but.
Speaker 2: It wasn't very nice.
Speaker 5: So I tried to go look around. So she went looking around, and when she left the living room where I was, front door opened and an elephant walked in and sat on my chest. That's what it felt like. I mean the sound. I this is almost fifteen years ago. I could still hear it. It was so loud.
Speaker 2: You could hear your heart attack.
Speaker 5: I could hear my heart attack.
Speaker 2: Wait, what does it sound like?
Speaker 5: It was so loud in my ears? It was like this loud thunder is like banging on my chest. And it was just ringing in my ears. And we know why that was doing that because I have FMD, and FMD is I have it in my.
Speaker 2: Ears, so that sounds like like a knotty. I'm into FD I.
Speaker 6: Have in my ears. Oh anyway, okay, so have it in my back to I got it everywhere, but.
Speaker 5: So yeah, but it was really happened not the left, just not the left. It was in both arms and it went down both my arms and it was weird. It started in my shoulders and it sort of stopped right here and then it picked up down it was into my hand. It was really weird in both of them. And then this is what scared me. I just started sweating profusely, I mean just like dripping, and my stomach. I felt a little nauseated. So I knew something was wrong. I just didn't know what it was. And so I thought, let me go outside and get some fresh air, and so I went and sat down. We had this little brick planter, and I called my husband because I knew something was wrong. So he started I heard him looking on.
Speaker 1: Which is always scary, but could but he told me I was having a heart attack.
Speaker 5: He said, you're having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: So what does she do?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I am. I argued with him. I was not going to call nine one one because we had people coming for dinner and I had to do laundry. I needed to rent this place and I didn't want the ambulance coming in front.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand, I had an excuse.
Speaker 5: So then he pulled the man card and started crying. And so he's like, I can't lose you. I can't. And I'm like, oh god. So I said, all right, I'll go to the hospital, but I'm driving. I drove myself to the hospital. Oh yeah, don't do that. And when you got there, they said they said my EKG was normal, and so I was like, oh good, I can go home. And they're like, no, not yet. And so they took my blood work and there's these enzymes. Whenever you have a heart attack, they'll release, which means your parts of your heart has died and so, and that's what happens when you have a heart attack. You part of your heart died, tissue dies, and so they were elevated pretty high. So they said, yeah, you definitely had a heart attack. And that was when I start freaking out because I thought, oh my god, I'm too young. I know my son had just gotten married. I wanted to be a grandma. He had you know, wasn't pregnant, and.
Speaker 2: You don't I don't smoke. I don't do this.
Speaker 5: I don't do that. Of course, I was like, oh, I shouldn't have had that cheeseburger last night, but still had nothing to do with but found that later. But I was like, yeah, so it was. I mean, it's funny is I can remember this like it was yesterday. You just don't forget something traumatic like that happens where your whole life changes. And I I tried to figure out why this happened to me, and I really came to a grip said, I think I was chosen to have this because I'm the type of person that I don't take no for an answer, and I'm going to find an answer why this happened, and I'm going to help as many people as I can. And because there was nobody, nobody there for me. For two years, I didn't talk to anybody that had this, and then as soon as I found somebody that had this, it was like we connected and that's why this weekend there's going to be forty seven survivors there from all over the place. There's gonna be a gal there that was twenty when she had hers. She's thirty now she's ten years out. She was twenty. So when I hear about stuff like that, I'm like, we gotta find answers.
Speaker 1: So this is this walk is happening on Saturday. It's at Crown Point. It is such a beautiful walks. Get away from the heat. Yeah, come down to the beach, Come down to the beach. It starts at eight thirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Opening ceremonies is eight thirty. Eight to fifteen. We have a jazzer size warm up and the eight thirty is opening ceremonies, which is really I mean.
Speaker 2: Because somebody tells their story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's great because Laura does a really good job. But we also have we're having a survivor there that was thirty seven when she had hers tell her story. And then then we have the run walk and then afterwards everybody gets an asie E bowl. Huge. Oh yeah, yeah. We have a caterine trek coming and gets an asi E bowl and which is really good, and face painter and some vendors and just really nice to celebrate. We also have some families that are there that weren't so lucky there. We call them scat angels because even though the majority of us make make it through, because we're usually young and healthy before this happens, we're able to fight through it. Not everybody is so lucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is such a bonding experience. I mean, men and women obviously are invited, but like, come walk with us, come walk with me, Come walk with Ellen, come walk with the Andrea, I walk with her, and just spend the day, spend the morning at ground point and for a good cause. Our link is on Laura Kane after dark dot com. It's the first thing up there after you roll down after see our faces, just to click.
Speaker 2: The link and come out.
Speaker 1: It's Saturday, the seventh of September, and it's gonna be It's going to be great.
Speaker 2: It's a very heartwarming, very touching and fun day.
Speaker 5: So registration online is closing tomorrow night at midnight, but so sign up before that. But for some reason, if you can't sign up before that, we do have walk in registration, but you probably want to get there a little bit Early registration opens at seven thirty because we're going to have a lot of people. This is a we have a lot of people coming this year, so it's going to be really fun and exciting.
Speaker 1: You know how San Diego is. There's probably gonna be a lot of roll ups. Yeah, and that's okay.
Speaker 2: Come on up. Walkins accepted, walkins accepted. Okay, okay, Well, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited it's finally here.
Speaker 2: I'm really looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: And uh, you know how we on the podcast unless there's any about somebody you want to give a shout out to, is there anything you need to get off your chest or you.
Speaker 5: So to speak, so to speak, from the bottom of my scented heart, more part of it is dead.
Speaker 2: That's why I hate knowing that. That's so sad.
Speaker 5: I know my husband says it all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's your heart.
Speaker 3: You're dead.
Speaker 1: Part of your heart to me right now anyway, So we have something that we say when we walk out. Oh, I want to tell you what's coming up on Thursday. I don't think you even know this. Oh boy, coming up on Thursday. Another cringey round about acting on a round yes, Oh my gosh. And then I have something I'm going to do and I want to know creepy or cool creepy. And then we have another special guest coming on. We do Gary Bell, and he's going to talk about the fundraiser that you talked about last week for lgbt Q plus youth and housing and what you can do. So it's gonna be a jam packshow on Thursday. But it's been a great show today. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: And uh, I'll say it, then you say it, then Eric says it, and then we're done. Okay, okay, thank you everybody for listening.
Speaker 5: Love your podcast, Love your podcast, Love your podcast.
Speaker 2: I love you, my sweet babies.
Speaker 1: Bye everybody, Bye bye bye bye bye bye