Speaker 1: Yeah, rip read news, need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come running just as fast as the kid Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 3: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. What's on your mind today? How can we help you? Well, just give us a call and we'll try to help you. And I'm gonna bring up major Mark Major with me right now? Say hi, Mark, who's that over your left shoulder?
Speaker 5: Hey, man, that's Trump. Everybody get out there and vote. Let's not forget. It's come of a big Dimocrats are pulling out the dirtiest tricks you can imagine. They're seeing what'll stick to the walls. You know what I mean. They're a bunch of losers.
Speaker 2: Man, Oh my gosh, Well, so much for keeping the show. Uh a political But okay, No, that's okay. Everyone has a right to express themselves. Go right ahead. I don't really care. I think it's wonderful and well you're voting for Trump? Right, yes, thank you. Here.
Speaker 4: Let me make this clear, I don't think anybody it's anybody's business, and I don't put myself out there as an influencer for voting, so I don't try to convince people of anything. Okay, I have my own thoughts and my own you look, look, and here's the other thing. He Mark thinks my absence of committing and talking and and and cheering and is the is for the other side. He always takes it the opposite way. Let me just say this, I just don't.
Speaker 2: Think very important election man. Oh No, I'm not saying it's not Mark. I don't think truly, and I mean this, I don't think people care what oh how did I get that up there?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think they do.
Speaker 5: I think most people see through these dirty tricks. And when a guy that's been in the community like you for you know, forty five fifty years.
Speaker 2: And you've seen it shade.
Speaker 5: No, listen, man, Honestly, you lived here when you could walk downtown Denver. You lived here when people didn't steal more cars here than anywhere else.
Speaker 2: No, No, I have thoughts on all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: I guess what I'm saying is, I don't I kind of detest when and I'm not talking about me, but when celebrities and singers and entertainers and all that try to convince people who to vote for and make it a big deal. Because I think that it's everyone should do their own research. If somebody called and asked me a question about an issue, I talk about it. And I think crime is really important. I think immigration is really important. I think the economy is really important. I think all these things are important issues. I'll talk about the issues, but I don't think, as I said, I just don't put myself out there is like trying to tell you and convey you you should go along with me for.
Speaker 2: This or that or the other.
Speaker 4: That's so I've always been that way when it comes to that. I just don't feel that way. I'm the same with religion. I just don't feel like pushing an agenda. Yes, go ahead, sir.
Speaker 6: You know, if you've ever watched Ricky Gervais, he was doing something at one of the uh Saga Wars or something, and he said to the audience, which is all the Hollywood people, you people know nothing about the real world.
Speaker 7: You live in a bubble and you.
Speaker 6: Have no right to tell anybody else what to do because you you're you're so separated from reality that you have no right telling other people what to do.
Speaker 4: And he's yeah, and I don't yeah, yeah, yeah, and and again the point I'm making is and and Mark likes talking about it, and and I love when he talks about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I always I'm always entertained by It's so important, man, No, Mark, it is important. I guess what's not important. I don't think and I and I really believe this. I don't think people care what I think of I disagree, I can well that's fine.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I don't mean that as a put down of me or put down of them. I think people have their own deep seated feelings. Now, if somebody asked, there's still.
Speaker 5: People sitting there on the fence right now. Man, they can see through it. But they have a hard time voting for Trump.
Speaker 2: I get it. And the only reason that is is.
Speaker 5: Because of the bad painting, the bad picture these crooks have made them look like. Over the past three and a half years, they've tried everything.
Speaker 2: They've tried to throw them in jail. Hell, I think they tried to kill them.
Speaker 5: They're absolutely the worst thing that ever happened to this country is the Biden administration.
Speaker 2: Well say it like you mean.
Speaker 4: Now listen, I want to say it is Sally wants to talk about selling a vehicle, and I want to talk about cars today Today's Car DA our car experts were tied up, but we do have them available by phone for any specific questions. Plus we can talk about buying and selling cars. And I do want to mention some mean since we were talking about the elections.
Speaker 2: One third. This is the highest ever.
Speaker 4: By the way, one third of the people are displaying yard signs.
Speaker 2: That's an incredible amount of people.
Speaker 4: Thirty three percent of the population in neighborhoods are displaying yard signs.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny. I travel a lot. You know that I probably travel more than anybody you know. And it doesn't matter if we're in Arizona or Florida, or Louisiana or anywhere Arizona.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter one thing.
Speaker 5: I've noticed it is almost impossible to find a Harris Biten shirt, just a shirt or a hat. But you see Trump stuff everywhere, almost the exact difference as it was in twenty twenty. Remember people used to be afraid to wear that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, now let's go to the phones.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and again people, I decided, as Mark said, this is important and if people want to talk about it, I'm not gonna shield them. I mean, this is a consumer show. My god, the economy is out there.
Speaker 2: Let's you know. I don't care what we talk about.
Speaker 4: I just I'm not just gonna I'm not going to tell you what I think you should do. I'm going to tell you about the issues though, because there are a lot of important issues.
Speaker 2: Sally. What's going on with your twoenty twelve? So we're talking about a twelve year old car? Right? Yeah? So what's going on with your mini countrymen?
Speaker 8: Oy?
Speaker 9: Yeah, thanks so much for taking my call. And I grew up listening to maintained from the time I was very young. Oh good, I always love. I was seeing a woman in my burdens and I bought a new outright car on this paid cash for it, and everything's great with that. But I want to sell my car now. This is a private seller, yeah, and I just am a little confused about some of the requirements of doing that as far as the missions, am I Sally? I want to have everything like?
Speaker 4: Okay, Sally, A couple of questions here. The twenty twelve is what you're selling the mini.
Speaker 2: Yes, how many miles on it?
Speaker 9: It's just under sixty thousand, so I think it's a fifty nine thousand. I'm was the original owner. I bought it as new. Okat it all. That's life.
Speaker 2: I've yeah. Now to sell a car, it's paid for.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, it's completely paid for.
Speaker 2: Okay, that makes it really simple.
Speaker 4: Now, as far as emissions, we're in the state of Colorado. If cars are being sold into an emissions area, they have to be able to pass emissions or have a current sticker. But here's the thing, there's no repercussions against private owners. That's the thing that if you were a dealer, you stand losing your license.
Speaker 2: But when it comes to private owners.
Speaker 4: Yes, you're supposed to have a car that will pass emissions. So if someone went out and tried to get it passed with the change of title and they could not get it passed, they could come back to you and say, hey, this didn't pass emissions. Now if you can show it had a current emission sticker when you sold it, it would be a civil case. They wouldn't be able to take your license or anything. But there is no hard and fast rule. So do you have a current sticker on your car.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do. I okay, got it, and I was able to just register the car.
Speaker 8: We'll see you.
Speaker 9: I think it was in August, and it's so I have a current.
Speaker 10: Sticker, okay.
Speaker 5: So really that's all you have to do, and you sell it as is requirement.
Speaker 4: There's no coupon or anything that you give them. So when you sell a car as a private owner, you just sell it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I would suggest that you tell them get your emissions, make sure it passes right away, maybe even put that in the bill of sale, or maybe ignore it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what would you do, Mark.
Speaker 5: I'd probably go buy a voucher for twenty five bucks and hand it to him, or I simply wouldn't do anything. I wouldn't care and let him come after me.
Speaker 2: So when you buy that voucher, that's a test that was done that was not used to register the car.
Speaker 5: No, it would be a test they would have to go down. It's basically pre paying for a test.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it hasn't been but I believe you can also have a current one that wasn't used to register a car.
Speaker 2: I think something like that. They're not sure that there was some crazy rule, but it's not that difficult. I'm more concerned about you, Sally, getting scammed because you're not gonna believe it.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna believe the number of people. Oh my god. Here are the scams you're gonna get. Okay, The very first one is somebody's going to say they want to pay with the cashier's check, and then it's a bad check. The second one is they want to overpay for the car and have somebody come pick it up and transport it, and then you have to give the transport person the extra money. So if you want ten grand for the car, they send you eleven or twelve, you're supposed to give a check to somebody or money to somebody at the door. Then they never come back for the car, the bad cashiers check, and you end up that you just paid somebody money. That's the second kind of scam. The third kind of scam is simply maneuvering you out of the car, saying they're going to pay and not pay, or a promissory note that's not properly secured. The only way that I would sell a car is if somebody takes me to their bank and I get real money for it. The bank issues a check straight to me, not him, but the bank. Or I get money wired and I verify it in my account, or I get a cash.
Speaker 2: That's way you just you do it at the bank and you take cash. That's the best way to do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, unless it's a lot of money in there. But Mark, if you go to the person's bank. If you go, don't go to your bank. You go to that person's bank wherever they have an account. If they write a check or pay for the car at the bank, the bank.
Speaker 2: Converts that to a cashier's check to you, you don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what Tom's saying is you never get a cashiers check from that person's account because they could put a stop payment on it the second you turn around.
Speaker 2: If they do, or they can fake or they can fake it right.
Speaker 5: Well, if they do do that, then you simply walk up to the teller and say, hey, I want to convert this to a bank check.
Speaker 7: Hey, can I ask something Sally?
Speaker 2: That's right, that's what I meant, a bank check.
Speaker 7: Are you planning on buy a new car?
Speaker 9: I already have one bought and purchase okay for it?
Speaker 11: Out right?
Speaker 6: Well, Tom, go to a dealer where there's no hassle. She'll get paid a little bit less, but at.
Speaker 2: Least depends on what she gets. Yeah, you can do that, and she won't get try it.
Speaker 7: She goes to a reputable dealer.
Speaker 2: You could. You could try most I'll be honest, guys.
Speaker 12: Another I have another scam for Sally. I experienced this a few years ago and I sold my old car. I got literally dozens dozens of inquiries saying that they'd like to buy my car provided I register for some sort of a service that emulates car facts, and they would send me a link and I would have to if I if I decided to do it, I would have to pay either thirty nine or sixty nine dollars depending on the link to sign up for some kind of a car fax like service, and then the scammera would represent to me that that if the information in the service matches what I represented my ad, they'll buy my car.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 12: So there are dozens of these people trying to get sixty bucks from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's okay, sixty one hundred, one thousand, right, And it depends on the scam. By the way, I did look up all you have to do.
Speaker 4: Your only requirement Colorado's a private owner is a current emission sticker three all three seven to one to three talk we have more. Oh wait wait, go ahead Jay, As long as we're on this topic, you have a comment.
Speaker 2: Go ahead Jay on the emissions, Go ahead.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 14: The current emission sticker means the one you go and get it.
Speaker 15: You do.
Speaker 14: You can't use the one that's already been used. You have to go get your own emissions. Don't use that to get a title or anything wor to provide that with the that's right the title and they already have emissions in their hands once when they buy.
Speaker 4: Right, as long as it has not that's what I was talking with Mark about, as long as it's never been used to register a car, and it's fresh, and I think it has to be really fresh, like there has to be so many months left on it. But thank you, Jay, three oh three seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're ten. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three seven seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Got the gang in talking about cars and everything else on your mind. Let's talk about your problem's question to place. I want to go to the phones, and uh, somebody wants to comment on Mark's comment Ian Go ahead, Hi, Tom, I just want to have nothing.
Speaker 16: But thanks and praise from Mark's major for having evolved to speak the truth. I mean, people need to wake up. If you don't vote for Trump, we are done.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 16: And Bruce Springsteen, he's a disc race to the Italian heritage that he would back.
Speaker 2: Wait Springsteen is Italian? I didn't know Bruce Springston.
Speaker 16: He is, yeah, the boss, Yeah he's Italian.
Speaker 2: What about Robert de Niro? Robert de Niro is literally suffering from derangement syndrome.
Speaker 16: Yes, well, Bruce Springsteen has a very bad case of it. All these celebrities performing for.
Speaker 2: This Pool Beyonce is going to perform for her.
Speaker 17: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 14: I mean she.
Speaker 5: Performed for Hillary too. We see how that worked out. And by the way, Hillary's a witch. Oh yes he is, how about it? I don't care now she is man. She is the most vile piece of crap out there. You realize that woman is asking someone to assassinate him and no one does anything about it. These people are so freaking dangerous that entire campaign is imploding over on the freaking Harris side.
Speaker 2: They don't know what to do about these polls.
Speaker 16: Well, Mark Major, thank you for every thing that you said, because you are so right on, and I think that Tom should not be afraid to speak the truth.
Speaker 2: I'm not afraid.
Speaker 5: Did you understand I'm not afraid to speak anything at all?
Speaker 2: So what do you mean by afraid? No, Seriously, I don't talk.
Speaker 16: No, you've seem hesitant, like Mark Major spoke.
Speaker 17: It right out.
Speaker 2: He just spoke it right out to true, I am hesitant, you're afraid.
Speaker 4: I don't think people come to this show to find out how to vote and who to vote for. I will gladly talk about issues I have talked about.
Speaker 5: It been a piece of this community. I have party five years. You're more trusted than any of these imbeciles local news.
Speaker 2: Now, if you look at some of my posts I have talked about I have talked about crime, I've talked about so called hate speech. I've talked about how liberals hate freedom of speech, how progressives are trying to fight against what they want censorship, they want government control. I talk about ideologies more than I do people.
Speaker 5: Okay, I do. I talk about prince and ideologies. Okay, I'm not afraid to speak. But as far as who I'm voting for and what office I'm mooting for, I don't think that is relevant to my audience.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm not afraid. It's a private thing for me. I don't talk about religion. It's a private thing for me.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. It's not fear.
Speaker 18: It's just that I a country is not private.
Speaker 2: It's not private.
Speaker 16: People believe in you, do they trust me.
Speaker 5: I believe in issues, and ask me about an issue, I'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: There's no fear about issues that I have.
Speaker 5: And Hillary Clinton saying that Trump's rally in New York coming up, here's an issue. It's going to be just like nineteen thirty eight Hitler's neo not a rally. I had that yesterday.
Speaker 2: Your take on that issue, Mark, I think it is absolutely it's terrible that they are stirring up such hate and comparing Trump to Hitler or what they call him a racist, they call him a homophobe.
Speaker 4: You know, he has not in his personal life really exhibited that. But but I think it's horrible. Okay, I think it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're fake news, that's all they are. But here's the deal. Here's the deal.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't I don't think that's good.
Speaker 2: But that's really not an issue. What it is are they're They're just slinging dirt at each other. I don't get involved. There's no each other. What's the other way?
Speaker 5: He sits back and he's been doing quite honestly, he's kept his mouth shut pretty well this cycle, well with all this crap coming after him constantly.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, there are fine Okay if you if you don't think they've.
Speaker 2: Attacked each other, that that's come on. Not even close, man, not even close? All right?
Speaker 4: Now, do I believe that the media sides with the progressive side and Democrat absolutely positively their bias except for Fox and maybe Newsmax and some of these online services, but they're absolutely biased. I believe that one. I believe our local channel, Channel nine should just be the democratic headquarters.
Speaker 2: For God's sakes, Kyle Clark ought to run for Democratic office.
Speaker 5: Say sixty minutes changes Kamala's answers. Right, it's so in the bag. But the problem is the people see through it. Now, my god, people get out there, and I believe, don't let them think there, don't let them think there's no reason to vote.
Speaker 2: You have to get your ass out there and vote.
Speaker 4: I believe AI and I believe search algorithms are skewed as well.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 5: I do believe, my god. How about social media? How about the Biden laptop? Let's just talk about real stuff in the battle, how many FBI DOJ people came out and said that was Russian disinformation and that was total bs because they're lyon dogs.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 4: All right, So listen, Susan, you've you heard, you heard Mark's opinion on them, you heard my opinion, you heard my opinion on basically, Look, because I'm not making speeches like that doesn't mean I don't have feelings.
Speaker 2: For God's sake, I think and this isn't a dig on you.
Speaker 5: I think you run in some circles, not all circles, but some circles that are very anti Trump, pro Harris and Biden. So you probably feel like you don't want to get any crack again.
Speaker 2: Mark, guess what, You're absolutely wrong? All right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I don't know one social circle that I'm in that that I would label as progressive or liberal.
Speaker 5: Not Well, I've just heard you say when you go to your health club, there almost everybody, Well that's.
Speaker 2: A health club. I mean I can't control that.
Speaker 5: That's not my circle saying you control it, but everybody that goes there, according to you, seems to have that thread in common.
Speaker 2: I would say the majority of people at the particular health club that they almost assume.
Speaker 4: They walk up and say, can you believe what you should today? And they almost But I've gotten into discussions with them. I mean there are young men talking about it. That They were some young men in the locker room talking about how our country was, how Trump left the country with unemploymental I said, did anyone remember COVID?
Speaker 2: By the way, you know, I mean, I mean there are things, you know.
Speaker 4: First of all, that's my private life, and I don't run with circles. But I go places where I hear people, and it just so happens. Where I go at that health club and certain other areas. They seem to be the loudest and most obnoxious, the people who hate Trump.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got to admit that they are very loud and very obnoxious about it. Very wrong. Susan's got a comment on the car sale. Go ahead, Susan, Yeah, can you hear me? Yes? I can.
Speaker 19: Okay, Two things I didn't hear. You tell this gal to ride out a bill of sale, which is separate from you know, just taking a piece of paper typing out you are buying this car as is.
Speaker 2: I think I did mention that.
Speaker 4: I think I did mention as is where is, And but they still have to it still has to pass emissions even with a bill of sale unless you write on it it's a toe away.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, if.
Speaker 2: It's a toe away, it doesn't have to pass anything.
Speaker 19: But the other thing is, as a single woman, she should never sell that car alone or after home. She should find a neighbor, a male neighbor or a brother or somebody to be alongside of her and not do this alone because they.
Speaker 20: Will know where she lives.
Speaker 2: I totally agree.
Speaker 19: Lots of places you can go to a parking lot, a bank parking lot and say meet me there, and I know.
Speaker 4: I totally get, totally agree on Susan. Thank you very much for that. I appreciate it, and she should get a help her. Maybe, as you said, a male neighbor, what about a neighbor that identifies as a mail that might Will that be the same. I don't know anyway, but boom, we got more coming up. Tony's to hang on. I'll let you make a comment. Anybody wants to make comment.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: It's open season. I don't want to censor anybody. I used to care about that because we would get email saying we down Tony into your show to listen to politics.
Speaker 2: And here's what I say.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can't stop it because I don't control what people want to talk about it. If you want to talk about it, you can. I'd like to talk about it as it pertains to our rights, responsibilities, our personal finance and all of that. And I do believe that the economy was much better under Trump before COVID. However, I don't believe the economy was as bad as everyone said it was under Biden. I'm just saying that, Okay, Now, I think inflation was terrible.
Speaker 2: There were certain parts of it.
Speaker 4: I think crime that has nothing to do with will Well and shoplifting all that has a lot to do the economy. Stores are closing all over the country, all over and here's why. They don't want to say we're closing because of crime, and we're closing because we can't take it in these neighborhoods. They don't want to be labeled as redlining or discriminating. So what they do is silently close their stores and say, you know what, I'm not putting up with this crap. On one hand, they're saying, you know, oh yeah, yeah, let's vote to downgrade shoplifting, and then they're just pulling out of the communities. So I have an expression that I think is true. Life is its own teacher. You don't have you don't have to tell people that decriminalizing car thefs and shoplifting is wrong.
Speaker 2: It will be self evident. Yeah, But in the meantime, people get really screwed. They do.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is they learn by their mistakes. And these progressive policies in cities across the country are failing miserably. Compare the cities, Compare the governments. Just compare the actual outcome. You don't even have to argue about it. Just compare the stats. I'm Tom Martino. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 21: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Wait time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. All right, Tony, you have a comment. Go ahead, Tony. I told people I'm not gonna I am not going to censor people if they want to call and talk about anything on their mind.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Tony.
Speaker 22: I'm sure many of your listeners have heard that Donald Trump, to get selected, is going to round up his enemies.
Speaker 2: The murder were absolutely ridiculous. Absolutely, or he's going to be a dictator, or there will and this is what, this is what de Niro the moron said, there will never be another presidential election again.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, I don't know if you've heard, and I was just trying.
Speaker 15: To find it. I couldn't find it. But I saw overnight that the Biden administration just issued.
Speaker 22: In order, and I hope this is not fake news. I thought in many places that the Department of Defense is now authorized to use legal force on American citizens on American soil.
Speaker 20: Were the real fastest, who should that would be?
Speaker 2: That that would be all over the place, man, that that would be easy. I don't know. I don't know if that's true.
Speaker 13: I don't look.
Speaker 22: I don't want to spread fake news, but I think if you research it, a directive fifty one oh four or something like that, I don't know. So I don't want to spread fake news, absolutely not. But I did see it from many sources.
Speaker 18: So let's all do our own research.
Speaker 4: Well, I never heard of that, but I'm not saying it didn't happen. I you know, look, here's the deal. Fear right now is rampant on both sides. They're making up stories about Trump that are so ridiculous. But I had someone in our studio who we use as an expert, who literally looked at me and said, I do believe that. And I said, believe what that there will never be another presidential election Again, I said what I thought he was kidding and I laughed. He goes, no, and I do believe he will assassinate enemies. Mark, I swear to god, I thought he was fooling around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean what he has said.
Speaker 5: That's the problem with the fake news these days. I mean, come on, And no matter how much with guy Clinton's, that's the problem with Obama. You know, Obama has a lot to do with this, you know what. I voted for that guy twice. To me, he ruined healthcare. But other than that, I didn't think he was a horrible president. I look back on him now, I can't stand the man. He's so full of crap. I can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Well, one of the things he was the first one I ever heard talk in public about misinformation on the Internet and how there should be controls over what people post. I swear to god, he was the first person I have ever and it was just.
Speaker 2: Want to take away freedom of speech.
Speaker 5: They already made that very clear getting in bed with Zuckerberg and whoever used to own Twitter and all these fools.
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom, can I just say something.
Speaker 6: I just looked on the news and it says the Pentagon released an unusual statement debunking the ruma spread online that falsely claims that US troops are authorized to use force against American citizens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That sounds just so stupid. I don't even know why we're talking about it.
Speaker 6: Well, no, I'm just telling you the Depentagon just put out a statement denying it.
Speaker 7: That's all.
Speaker 2: The problem is. Comments like that. No offense to that guy.
Speaker 5: I know he's a Trumper, I know he can't stand on the other side, but comments like that make a lot of us look stupid. I mean, my god, that would be on the news everywhere. Hell MSNBC would cover something.
Speaker 2: Like that exactly. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I do, I agree totally. Let's talk about Eric. You have a comment, Go ahead, Eric, Good what's happening.
Speaker 17: I just wanted to sase a little bit on what you were.
Speaker 23: Saying with some of the policies that you were perhaps not not as harsh on some of the Biden's policies. I'm a small business owner here in Aurora.
Speaker 2: You what are you talking about? I'm not one.
Speaker 23: Well, you were, You weren't saying that there were many things that were horrible with the economy under Bible.
Speaker 4: I said it wasn't as bad as people are saying in the beginning, but I did mention.
Speaker 2: There was inflation and there were some other problems. Yeah, I do it most but most people that inflation that's everything.
Speaker 24: Yeah, go ahead, right, But I think I think some of it also has to be And I mean you can. I'm not trying to say one way or the other you should vote one way or the other with us, But being a small business owner, if you just look at some of the small businesses that are closing, a lot of them are really reeling from some of the state, monthly federal taxes.
Speaker 2: I totally agree.
Speaker 23: To Hey that that a lot of times are overlooked.
Speaker 4: I think Polis. I think Polis, he's a nice guy. I think he's a nice guy.
Speaker 2: And worst worst guy ever.
Speaker 5: Governor's sone of a big Markdionay.
Speaker 4: I finish, May I finish a freaking sentence. What I was going to say is I think he's the worst thing that happened to Colorado's economy in years. And I think if you want a better economy in general, first you want to right now, get rid of people who believe in socialism. Okay, in well they don't really believe, yeah, they do kind of. It's more communism and socialism.
Speaker 2: But here's what.
Speaker 4: Here's no, it's more socialism. Actually they believe in government control. But I think if you want a better economy, there's no two ways about it.
Speaker 2: There is absolutely no two ways about it.
Speaker 4: The the Republicans have a better grip on the economy.
Speaker 2: They absolutely do safety, Yeah, yep, on crime. I think I think that is, in my opinion, a fact. And Eric, I wasn't saying that everyone is thriving under Biden. Well what do you think, Tom?
Speaker 4: We certainly we haven't had a stock market trash, we haven't had things that have been super terrible. We've had terrible interest rates, and we've had terrible inflation.
Speaker 5: What were you going to say, well, name one policy that you think is better that the Democrats have done than the Republicans.
Speaker 2: Mark, I never said the market. I never said there was.
Speaker 5: I didn't say that you didn't. I'm asking you, can you name one?
Speaker 2: What's really amazing is that This is what's really amazing to me is I sit here and I want to talk about issues and not people. And I don't want to tell people how to vote just my personal belief I don't want to tell people how to worship, how to vote, what music to listen. I just don't want to and and and people reach into me to try to drag stuff out of me to make me sound crazy. Mark, I don't know of any policies that.
Speaker 21: Are wonder and I never said there were.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your trouble Shooter three O three seven one three talks seven on three eight two five five. I'll go right to Daryl, who has a comment. Go ahead, Videryl, what's happening.
Speaker 25: I had a pleasant surprise yesterday when I went to go vote in person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yesterday, you voted in person.
Speaker 20: And voting in person in Well County.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 20: And when I walked in, the very first thing they said.
Speaker 26: Is I need your ID.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's good, Thank god.
Speaker 20: Right, I had to sign in.
Speaker 4: Oh one, Oh, I see what you're saying. Yeah, yeah, okay. To make sure that you can.
Speaker 5: Vote, unlike Virginia, where you can literally tell them I am not a citizen and vote, you can. Absolutely. I thought it was required. Listen, thought it was required.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Consumer problems, questions and complaints. Don't forget three oh three seven one three talk. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call help us insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped news need that who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 7: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 15: Come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez.
Speaker 5: Welcome, Welcome to the show, the only show that's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's card day. I know it doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 5: It seems more like a political day here on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: But honestly this is important stuff.
Speaker 22: Phil.
Speaker 5: I do want to take Phil's comment on the election, Phil, what says you?
Speaker 15: Hey, Mark, nice talking to you. Listen. My prediction is Donald Trump is going to be president of the United States. You know don well that come away?
Speaker 5: Did he?
Speaker 2: Quicker Brother did he go away? I don't know what happened to him. All Right, you might just spill this drink. I'm not sure. No, he doesn't drink. He's been calling for years.
Speaker 21: Phil. Are you there?
Speaker 24: Bro?
Speaker 2: No, Hey, Deborah, you have a question on a car sale. Go ahead, Deborah. What's going on with you? Hello, Deborah?
Speaker 5: I'm getting a complex, h Deborah, there we go? All right, See what you do when you mess with the Democrats, they go to the infrastructure.
Speaker 2: We're going to be knocked off to you.
Speaker 5: If I was If I was Deborah, I'd be very upset you just called me a Democrat.
Speaker 2: Those are fighting. No, I said, when you mess with them, what's going to.
Speaker 27: Happen at the at the McDonald's and now you got to shut them all down?
Speaker 2: Okay? So here, Hey, the hell of a that is kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: Let me reset things here. You're tuning into the Troubleshooter show. However, if you want to talk, talk, if you want to talk about anything, talk, I've had so many people say weighing in on the elections or the economy or the issues. Whether you want to talk about the issues, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't care. You can talk about whatever you want, but we're also solving problems, answered questions, taking complaints, making your life a little easier. But no more. Let am I going?
Speaker 21: No more?
Speaker 4: Am I going to filter out conversations if people are calling in about it? Okay, but but I'm not going to tell you what to talk about.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Mark, what well?
Speaker 5: How about let's talk about in Denver the Broncos receiver Josh Reynolds I injured into shooting.
Speaker 2: By the way, do you know what that? Do you know? How on? Let me tell you something on Google?
Speaker 4: It's the number two, the number two search trend in America today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's amazing, but no one on Have you really heard the local news talking about it much?
Speaker 2: I didn't watch Carl or whatever his name is last night. Did uh he talk about it? I don't know if he did or not? Tell me what is going on with that? I mean he he was wounded, now was he?
Speaker 5: He?
Speaker 2: Vehicles?
Speaker 5: Two vehicles followed them from Glendale. My understanding they were at the Strip bar.
Speaker 2: Shaka yeah, uh huh.
Speaker 5: So the two men, Bird Charles Worth and Louis Lewis Mendoza were arrested October eighteenth on the shooting. According to KUSA of Denver. Shortly before three am, police received nine to one one calls about in sure shooting near East Hampton. I guess it was over by David Buster, but I don't think anyone. I don't think they targeted him. Do you know it's just random violence in Denver? I mean, yeah, of course, no, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think they knew they were Broncos playing random violence. You're not going to hear about on Denying News, No, of course.
Speaker 2: Not not on any of them. I guess.
Speaker 5: I guess our local Fox thirty one is probably better than the rest.
Speaker 2: But you know, have you noticed have you noticed Fox? How they'll cover stuff that the others won't?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do, I have noticed that.
Speaker 4: And by the way, the number one search trend, the number one search trend, little lil Dirk.
Speaker 5: What the hell's a little Dirk? Lil Dirk, Lil litl dirl Dirk. It's gotta be a rapper.
Speaker 4: He's a rapper arrested in Florida in a murder for higher plot.
Speaker 5: Gad, it's unbelievable, going all the way back to like Tupac in gangs, you know, and you know Barry Fay crazy Barry.
Speaker 4: Fay, as my mother would say, God rest his soul. Barry Fay once told me, this is a true story, that when he would hire rappers and many of the rappers would not fly in.
Speaker 2: They didn't send limos to pick them up at airports.
Speaker 4: They had to drive in, either in limos or in buses because they.
Speaker 2: Carried so many weapons. He told me that that's not He's.
Speaker 5: Told me a couple of things over the years that I couldn't even I okay, I know it's hard to believe. So the one guy that I think of more than anything, I was in with Peter Boyles and Barry Faye.
Speaker 2: Was sitting right next to me. It was the three of us in studio, and.
Speaker 5: During the break he told me that, God, I don't even know how to say it.
Speaker 2: I just I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm not even gonna say it. I'm going to tell you on the next break. Then you tell me if I can say it on air. And I don't mean because of the cuss word. I mean because it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: All right. Now, Deborah back again with her car sales. She wants to know about Yes.
Speaker 4: Sir, hi, Debor, you want to talk about selling in nineteen ninety Ford f one fifty.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, what do you need to know?
Speaker 20: Salty?
Speaker 8: That is, is admission exist?
Speaker 17: If I set to somebody.
Speaker 28: That can Denver Metro where they require an emissions do.
Speaker 4: What would you have to do if you're selling, if you're in Colorado selling into an emissions area, you have to make sure the car has a current emission sticker, or you can get them a voucher and you can go buy a prepaid test and or or I yeah, I think you buy them a test and then they can use it.
Speaker 13: Okay, because in the county ware there's no events.
Speaker 2: No, no, I understand that.
Speaker 4: But as Colorado citizens, where we have to make sure if we're selling into an emissions area that it passes emissions boy are we God?
Speaker 2: That sounds so crazy to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 20: Yeah, because it's never been required to have emissions.
Speaker 5: Stick Yeah, it's like, let's let's really Tom, You're probably absolutely right on this, but let's say you, Martin, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Tell you, I gotta tell you, I'm not positive I was told that where I wonder who we could ask on that.
Speaker 4: You know, we always have these air programs, But I think I just looked up in Colorado. I think it said if you're selling it, that's what it said, a private party. If you're selling in Colorado to someone in an emissions area, you must have a current emission sticker, so you have to go get one.
Speaker 2: What's the big deal? I I that's crazy.
Speaker 4: If you're selling a car as a private party into an emission controlled area such as Denver Metro Front Range, you must provide the buyer with a current emission certificate. This is mandatory for people who live in Colorado.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, now makes paulish. There's another stupid thing.
Speaker 16: Okay, that's good to know.
Speaker 2: Thank you, sir. You can sell it as a toeaway. Anyone can do that, Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Three or three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Mike's got a comment on geese. Of all things. Go ahead, Mike, what do you want to talk about? What an eclectic day?
Speaker 13: This is?
Speaker 2: Go ahead? Mike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tom, I drive every day doing sales, and I have noticed that the geese are missing in the metro area.
Speaker 20: I'm not saying all of them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course absolutely they are heard.
Speaker 18: What where?
Speaker 20: What are they going on?
Speaker 4: I mean they have periodic listen. They have periodic roundups. They're secret, they're usually at night so people don't get upset and they kill them.
Speaker 29: Holy cow, they are a lot, Missy. I mean, there's going to be seventy five to eight of the geese are missing from our communities, and it's just shocking.
Speaker 20: I just had to share that.
Speaker 29: With people because in the fall you usually see him flying in the skies here there, everywhere, you know, not migrating because they.
Speaker 5: Personally might their dinner their dinner. I don't know if they're using them for food. I don't really know what they're doing with them.
Speaker 6: Well, technically you're not allowed to kill them, Tom, because I'm so kind of a protective list. But you know, golf courses are perfect habitats for geese, but they totally ruin the golf courses.
Speaker 2: So you know what they do over here.
Speaker 4: You know what they do over here, we don't have to mention, but where I live here, you know what they're doing at this golf club. Right at this country club, they have a guy they hire I see it.
Speaker 2: It's called geese Control.
Speaker 4: And he comes in a van and he has four border colleagues, smart little dogs and they he stops, they run out and chase him. I mean, I guess they just keep him uncomfortable. And have you ever seen him? You golf here, have you ever seen it?
Speaker 6: I've also seen the Hallucinator, which is the same thing. It's a it's a robot that basically does what the dogs do.
Speaker 7: It's greatly hallucinator.
Speaker 4: Now, Judith, you have a comment on Kimer transmission.
Speaker 28: Go ahead, Judith, Good morning, mister Tom. I called you, not this summer, but the summer before last. I had a problem with the Toyota Siena van. It was at the toy Doctor on Mississippi. They wanted to charge me an insert amount like two thousand some odd dollars and I wouldn't sign it, and they got very upset with me and wanted to hold my van hostage. It just so happened. I called and Kimer was there and we had it towed to Kimra's place. It was one hundred and fifty bucks and I've never had a problem out of the van since. Wow, see you and him and tell y'all are doing an awesome job. And thank you so so much. Nothing wrong with that thing at all. Well, thank you, fikifty.
Speaker 2: Bucks thank you very much. Okay, appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I love hearing about this stuff.
Speaker 4: Now here's the text that says, remember the show Money Talks, the host said, there is only a poor correlation with the party in power and the economy at.
Speaker 2: Best, the poor correlation. And so I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, if we go back over the years, can you literally measure the economy based on the administration? I mean, I've actually not done it, but I'm going to ask. I'm going to ask the Internet, the AI about that. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three three seven one, three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best rufer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent, You're content time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three.
Speaker 2: Eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Here to help you solve problems, answer questions, and take complaints.
Speaker 4: Let's see what we can do for you. Let's go to the phones. And who's been waiting here?
Speaker 2: Steve? You have a comment?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Wait, no, you already took Steve on the geese.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 4: Let's go to uh Keith. Oh, he has a comment to on geese. Go ahead, that's a popular thing.
Speaker 23: Go ahead, hey, hey, Tom, certain make a commiment of those geese. They are federally protected, so they're covered by the Migratory Species Act, but the municipalities get a variance to take them out because those particular geese that we see hanging out all year don't migrate much anymore. And they take those dead geese and they feed them to the raptor rehabilitation programs mostly what.
Speaker 2: They seed them.
Speaker 23: You can donate them, yeah, you can donate your the meat because you can't sell it and you can't give it to people unless you hunt it yourself. But you can take that meat and donate to the raptor centers and they will use those when they rehabilitate because they need food and it costs money, so you can get those for free, so you can donate those to the raptor centers.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank you for that.
Speaker 4: I mean I never I never noticed the geese missing, but I do notice when they're around.
Speaker 2: I just never gave thought to it. Jay, Welcome to the show. What's going on?
Speaker 13: Jay?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 7: Tom?
Speaker 14: Just a word of cush anybody if they think they might want to sell a car as a toe away, you're never going to get much for it because it's toe away. But once you buy a toe away, you have to prove that you fixed it. You have to get it inspected by the state, which is a state trooper or a sheriff, and then it's got a branded title from that day forward. So it's not a very effective thing unless it really is a tow away. You wouldn't want to do that to yourself or anybody else.
Speaker 4: Really, so you have to bring once it's branded, it doesn't just go back when they have it tested.
Speaker 26: No.
Speaker 14: And then also you can never get your collision stuff on it because it's they'll give you liability and that's all you're going to get for insurance too, So if it's a pretty decent vehicle that you wish was insured. It also affects that.
Speaker 2: I never knew that. Are you sure of that? I mean, for example, a toeaway doesn't mean salvage, though on the bill of sale.
Speaker 5: It's considered, but it doesn't brand the title, doesn't it does.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've done several.
Speaker 4: But Jay, that doesn't make sense because a lot of people buy them and then fix them to pass emissions.
Speaker 14: Yeah, talk to Jeremy. You're not going to get the same insurance and you will know on the title that you bought a car that was once rebuilt from salvage, even though it's called a toeway, is considered rebuilding it when you fix it.
Speaker 2: All right, Thank you very much. Never knew that. I'm writing something from the Denver Post.
Speaker 5: Sixteen and sixty two geese killed in Denver's now completed effort to control population in city parks. So this was a staged massacre from the demo crats.
Speaker 2: So we have proof it was a staged massacre.
Speaker 4: Democrat massacre of the geese.
Speaker 5: Okay, US, actually it's the US Department of Agriculture is allowed to call up to twenty two hundred Canadian Geese statewide, and officials collected and killed six hundred and sixty two from Denver's parks. USDA spokeswoman Tanya Espinoza said.
Speaker 4: Okay, somebody actually sent me a picture by text on my Google number of their ballot and how they're voting. Now, I'm not sure why they did that, but they won't and.
Speaker 2: We should go over these ballot measures.
Speaker 4: That's maybe that's why this person did this. So this person sent his ballot and I'm just I swear to God here, I'm not going to give out his number, but he's showing he's voting for Kamala Harris and Tim Walls knowing he's Oh he's a straight Democrat right down the line, every single candidate, and he wants to retain every single judge.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I call him straight.
Speaker 4: Oh it's a herb by the way, and no, no, it's a he I think anyway, he wants to retain every judge. And then let's see what else he's voting. Why do you send me all this man, why do you send me his ballot?
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's your peeps.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, you know, Mark, you might think you're joking, but it gets a little tired after a while, so you can stop now. I mean, I truly, truly, truly, truly have never given one indication I'm liberal. What I said was, I don't think people care how I vote, and I'm not trying to convince people how to vote. I mean, I really don't think people care. In fact, if they do, I think they're wrong for caring. I think they need to do research and vote. What they're conscious is not what I say. I mean, if they want to talk about an issue, I'll happily talk about issues with anyone. But I'm not going to tell people how to vote. I'm just not going to do it. Do I think if someone says, what would your opinion be? If I told you I'm voting for this, I would tell them what I think. I mean, that's good. So anyone ask me anything you want. I'm an open book. I used to have a segment on this show Truth or Dare where you could call anything, ask me anything, I mean, anything about anything. Do you remember that, Mark? We used to have that on the show. It was fun and you could.
Speaker 2: I mean, I swear to God, you can ask me anything, and I mean it.
Speaker 4: And that's how transparent. I wanted to be with the audience and that, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Well, so I wanted to talk about proposition JJ.
Speaker 2: JJ what is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So it allows sports betting companies to keep additional revenue.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people are very.
Speaker 5: Confused on this measure, and I would like your take on what do you think.
Speaker 2: I'll put it into Layman's terms.
Speaker 5: Right now, right now, with fan Duel or any of these MGM.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's one hundred of them by this time.
Speaker 5: When they make a certain amount of profit, the state of Colorado gets it, and I'm just gonna use fake numbers. Let's say it's twenty nine thirty million a year the state gets for allowing them to have these apps and make money on gambling in Colorado. So what they want is any amount of money. This is the state of Colorado. Now, they want any amount of money. They want to raise that amount. In other words, if that amount right now is thirty million, and they get their thirty million, but the company makes more money, they want more of the excess money instead of returning it to the business.
Speaker 2: Did I explain that? Well enough? Did you understand that? Dmitri?
Speaker 5: No? Okay, So right, now with sports betting company.
Speaker 2: Sorry Mark, Yeah, okay, go ahead, No, No, I want people to understand.
Speaker 5: That's why I asked right now, is sports betting company they make a certain amount of per right god, out of that profit, they have to pay a certain amount of that profit to the state of Colorado.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: If they make more profit than that, okay, Colorado wants to retain more money from that company and not return it right now, they return it.
Speaker 2: So what is the purpose? Is it a tax? Well, yeah, I guess it is. It's a betting tax revenue.
Speaker 5: But who it would affect more than anybody is the betting companies.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna read, I'm gonna real question. I don't feel strongly about it. I mean, go ahead.
Speaker 5: In twenty nineteen, voters approved Proposition DD, which legalized sports betting in Colorado and authorize the state to collect up to twenty nine million per year in tax revenue from sports betting.
Speaker 2: Makes sense, yeah.
Speaker 5: Proposition JJ, which is right now, proposes allowing the state to keep sports betting tax revenue above twenty nine million per year. They want to increase the amount they take from these betting companies.
Speaker 2: It sounds like they want to take it all above that certain amount. That's what it sounded like to me.
Speaker 30: Well, the devil is in the details, guys, because we've been talking about this on many, many different shows. But they're going to say, spend the money on water projects and different things. Do you honestly think that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: Kelly, that's a good point what they actually spend the money on.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to get into.
Speaker 5: What the real question is to people out their care, if the state gets more money from gambling companies, I personally go to my economic roots and say, yeah, I do care. I don't care if it's a daycare or a casino or a sports betting company. I shouldn't understand why the government would take more of their profits.
Speaker 2: I find it. I understand no.
Speaker 4: I And anytime you open a door like that, I kind of agree with you.
Speaker 2: And it could it could go. Mark, you have a you have a really good idea. Though. We should go through the propositions and amendments.
Speaker 4: We really should. Those are things we really should try to interpret and get people's opinion on. So anyway, people, if you have a problem, question or complain, of course, give us a call. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. And by the way, Waterpros dot net the best water systems the lowest prices. You know how I stand on that right now whole house water softening plus drinking water at the kitchen, saying both for just thirty one ninety five unheard of value.
Speaker 2: Three oh three eight six two five, five five four.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait on top of it. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino, You're a troubleshooter.
Speaker 4: Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five By the way eight eight eight heating dot com the deep clean and they uh do it for forty five bucks. They've been on a refer list for twenty years eight eight eight heating dot Com. Please uh look for them for anything you need furnace related, like when it comes to replacement, because they're specializing in these high efficiency systems that'll save you money for years to come. Bill's got a question on a car purchase. Go ahead, Bill, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Good on, Tom, Hey, what's happening?
Speaker 13: Well, I was wondering I've been looking at some new trucks. Yeah, and I've found one couple of my like, but they they're listed as courtesy vehicles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh huh, and courtesy vehicles.
Speaker 4: Courtesy vehicles are basically loaned out to people who have cars in for service.
Speaker 2: Correct or employees.
Speaker 13: How many Is there a limit on how many miles?
Speaker 4: Yes, I believe vehicle before Well, no, no, there's there's no limit of miles. There's a limit to when they have to say it's a courtesy vehicle.
Speaker 2: I think it's three thousand. I did it go up.
Speaker 4: It used to be fourteen hundred. It was new up to fourteen hundred miles, but it might be higher. I don't I haven't kept up with it. But in other words, there's a certain amount of mileage that it can have and be called new. Correct, But there is no upper end. But then so then you decide if you want to buy it or not. It's basically a used car.
Speaker 13: It would be considered a used car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's some real pluses. Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 13: It's never never been you know, they've never been titled, but they have. I guess when I've been looking at it's got like eleven hundred miles.
Speaker 2: Look, man, here's the funny part. You want it to be a used car.
Speaker 5: What they're doing long at the car is in great shape and has all the warranties and everything. There never been titled before. The benefit is the taxation. It's going to cost you quite a bit less to tax.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the ownership tax.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They it's fifteen hundred miles by the way mark on the new car according to the dealer licensing board. So once the car surpasses fifteen hundred miles, it has to be titled and it has to be a used car.
Speaker 13: So oh okay.
Speaker 5: And the only negative as far as the warranties, I'm not I'm sure exactly when that in service state hits on something like that.
Speaker 2: So you might ask him now on the warranty. I know it does.
Speaker 4: The warranty does go on the in service date for when they started driving it.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. So you got to check with them.
Speaker 5: In other words, if it's a year old, forget about the mileage on it, and it's got a three year warranty, you might only have a two year warranty.
Speaker 13: Depends on the in service date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just ask him what is the in service date?
Speaker 5: But you'll save a lot of money on the registration and the sales tax.
Speaker 6: There's also a guy on YouTube called the Car Guy that will go over about ten different items that you should not be paying for when you buy the car.
Speaker 7: He's an ex car dealer doc.
Speaker 5: That's the same thing we say on this show every single day.
Speaker 6: That was on what you what not to buy right right, but this way he has it in front of him.
Speaker 2: Where did you find this? But Douc I think.
Speaker 6: It's called the car Guy, but it's invaluable. He has a bunch of videos telling people what they should and shouldn't pay for what the ranges are. For example, for the deal for the UH deal of prep or the paperwork. He says anything above seventy five dollars is a real.
Speaker 4: Okay now, Mark, Now here's what's funny about that. Okay, Doc, you can say that all you want, and I do believe the things you shouldn't buy and things that. Now, when it comes to things you shouldn't buy, like the paint protecting and all the other add on crap and the windshield etching for thefts and all that, okay, hold on though, However, when it comes to dealer prep, dealer handling, doc fees and all that, it doesn't matter what that guy says, Doc, because some dealers, if a car is a hot seller, they're gonna say, guess what, that's what we charge.
Speaker 2: So it's it's It's.
Speaker 5: Not like same with dealer prep. I've never heard everybody gets like five hundred bucks. I mean, it's nice to say, hey, don't pay more than seventy I don't know one deal.
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't talking about prep. He was talking about dock fees.
Speaker 4: There's something called dock fees, and he's right set over seventy five bucks would be outrageous. Now, personally, I don't understand dock fees. I don't understand all of that. Why they just don't price cars and the reason I was told one time by Roli, who's a dealer. He says, look Tom, because if we just try to aggregate it to the whole dealership and we don't sell that many cars, then it doesn't work. What you have to do is each car has a certain amount of time we spend to record the documents, so we charge for that. And each car is a certain amount of time that we used to prep it, and we charge for that. So there are fees per car based on what they put into it.
Speaker 5: I think dealers do it purely based on advertising. They can say, hey, we're selling a brand new blah blah blah for nineteen thousand dollars, when in reality it's not nineteen thousand. It's nineteen thousand plus one thousand plus five hundred plus seventy five bucks.
Speaker 6: Of things that you can negotiate other than taxes, you know, like license and taxes.
Speaker 7: Everything else is negotiable.
Speaker 5: Now, dealer handling generally is never and I buy a lot of cars doc I have bought probably thirty cars in the last ten years, brand new ones. And I'm telling you, dealer dock fees they don't mess with anymore. It can be five hundred one thousand. That's generally you're not gonna mess with that. They can lower the price of the car, but most people do not touch dock fees anymore.
Speaker 7: Well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You tell them, okay, I'm not gonna pay I'll pay five hundred dock fees, but you'll lower the price by four hundred. All I'm saying is this guy gives you examples of what you can negotiate, and it gives you a little bit more ammunition.
Speaker 4: But who says you okay, you can negotiate anything, doc I mean, you know, listen, I'm not saying the guys full of water. I mean we've done this as Marxists several times. In fact, if you go to my YouTube channel you'll see some of it.
Speaker 2: Here's the bottom line.
Speaker 4: There are things you should pay for and things that I don't think you should.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't matter if.
Speaker 4: They Yeah, everything's negotiable, everything, absolutely everything. Okay, you threaten the walkout now to give an idea of what you should pay for stuff, Well, there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 5: I think seventy five bucks for dock fees. I mean it takes.
Speaker 4: Somebody who's selling a car. It's going to be about two hours. So what's that in employee time for docs? That's including everything that's prepping it at the dealership, and that's getting it back from the and sending it to title and all of that.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal.
Speaker 4: You can tell people that, hey, and you shouldn't pay this and you shouldn't pay that. Again, I would rather say everything, absolutely, everything except taxes are negotiable.
Speaker 2: Everything.
Speaker 4: But if it's a hot selling unit, you're not going to get it, and if it's a if it's a lower selling unit, you are going to get it. And that's how it works. But as far as bill, you know, here's the deal. And I don't know why more people don't do this. I believe in car brokers that we trust, you know, and JFR Car's Rodney. He can find any car you want, cut through all the mustard and they make a fee, but you still save money. I don't know why people bother with the headache of shopping for a car unless they just like it.
Speaker 13: Well, you know, it may be something that I could look into.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, but but there's there's three things I always look at price, product and service. And the price or the deal product and the service. And to me, the paramount is the product itself, and because service, you can go elsewhere. But there are many cars that have bad service all over They just can't get parts and they suck.
Speaker 5: I think the new car market is going to change drastically over the next five or ten years. I do not see this current working anymore. I think it's going to be more of a Tesla. You buy and you deal with them and that's it. There's no independent people in the middle. And I know there's a lot of money out there with the lobbyists that don't want this to happen, But it would be so much easier to go direct to Chevy and boom the cars delivered your house. You don't have to deal with the dealer, the closer, all the add on crap. You just handle it like you would a Tesla and it's done and over. When you need service on it, they come and pick it up like Tesla. They do the service Tesla is going to change the way all of these things are well.
Speaker 4: One reason Tesla can do this, one reason is they have way less service and issues than normal cars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're right, and that's another part of why Tesla is rocking and rolling the last two days as far as their stock and profit. Because you're right, they don't break down. You know, people out there that are anti Tesla always state this. They always go, oh, well, they had ten thousand recalls.
Speaker 2: You know what the tic Tesla recall is.
Speaker 5: It's a software download that takes thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: By the way, we got to take this break. I'm Tom Martino.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 21: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five So on the amendments. By the way, somebody did text this is a mark on that one. And by the way, if you want to text me at my Google voice it's seven four seven nine nine eighty.
Speaker 2: That goes straight to my cell phone.
Speaker 4: It says Mark wasn't completely clear, but it's simpler than that. If and he's talking about tax collection on gambling companies, if the state over collects tax revenues from gambling companies, they simply want to keep it rather than return it. It's like it's kind of like instead of doing a tabor thing, they don't want to do it. They simply want to keep it. So why is that fair? I mean, if they overtax.
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous. I have no idea. Because they want more money. That's all there is to it.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's start with the amendments. G Amendments to constitutions are always suspect. This one is really suspect. It sounds good. No, no, actually, this one is pretty good. Maybe you decide on GA.
Speaker 2: I'm no problem on this one. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: G just says they're extending the eligibility for property tax exemption to veterans.
Speaker 2: Okay, for that? Does that do not have service connected disability? Okay? So, but but they're unemployable.
Speaker 5: But they're unemployable unemployable right A hundred percent disabled.
Speaker 4: Nothing wrong with taking care of veterans, but they're saying it doesn't have to be direct service related as long as they're unemployable.
Speaker 5: What's funny about this, though, is if the Gallagher Act people didn't get tricked into last time didn't happen, nobody would have that big of a problem with property taxes. But Polish and all the stupid asses up there decided to lie to everybody. Just go look at your property tax bill if you don't believe me. Now, people, that's what the Democrats do.
Speaker 2: More to come.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. If you have a problem in customers, you're playing three l three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 21: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two rip.
Speaker 2: New deft Avis who you.
Speaker 5: Don't have.
Speaker 17: Come, run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come man, This is.
Speaker 3: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hi.
Speaker 4: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three A two five five. I will bring up uh Mark and we are here to help you solve problems, answer questions taking place, make your life a little easier. And welcome him to the show. And let's see.
Speaker 2: We have Jose who wants to talk about an issue with moving a mobile home and uh man, is that a big problem. We had one guy that was ripping people off moving mobile homes. I don't know if people remember that, a guy from Southwest Colorado, God was here. Ripoff.
Speaker 4: There are so many ripoffs in the moving mobile home business where they take money up front and do nothing.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Jose, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 17: Actually my name is Jose. I hire probably the person you can be just mentioned probably is the saying guy uh this, I hire uh if If mobile home is soul and.
Speaker 2: Move Jose, Where where is this company.
Speaker 10: Out of It's on Greeley.
Speaker 4: Now that's not the same one. The one I was talking about was down south. This is called Escobar.
Speaker 18: Yeah, Bar.
Speaker 17: Mobile home install and move Escabar?
Speaker 2: Okay? And did he rip you off?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 17: What happened? He came in and a month before he moved a mobile home to look at it and to see is to see if it's a good condition to move it. So he came and came the estimate or seventy five.
Speaker 2: How'd you find Escabar? I'm trying to find him online?
Speaker 4: How did you find him Facebook?
Speaker 17: I just type on Google's and I was searching for different guys and he came up on the on.
Speaker 18: Google's called Escobar.
Speaker 4: It's it's the actual. Did did you ever go to his website? Do you have his website?
Speaker 17: Uh? Boh, I just saw not really because I just saw his number because said, you know, when you go search, pull off different numbers. And I was just calling, so everybody was busy, and he said he was available. So he came and kip me.
Speaker 2: Asked the man, what did he what did he quote you?
Speaker 17: He called me for eight thousand, but he said he can't do it for seventy five hundred to move it?
Speaker 2: And did you pay him up front?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 20: I did.
Speaker 17: I pay him half of the money. And when he came to moving, he asked me him for more money, like I keep in the thirteen hundred more.
Speaker 2: So how much in total have you paid him?
Speaker 17: I over five thousand dollars or five because I keep in thirty seven hundred last thirteen more about five thousand.
Speaker 2: So you paid five thousand dollars? Yeah, up front? And then and and what did he do? Did he do it?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 17: He came in and they prepped. He came with the guys and prepped it. After a month, he signed the contract, came and prepped the house and that was hopping. On September fifth, when they were pulling now the mobile home, few few houses down the house collox Because before that I asked.
Speaker 4: Wait, wait wait wait wait wait, so Jose, so he came and prepped the house and he started moving it.
Speaker 2: But it collapsed.
Speaker 17: Yes, after like a few houses down it collapsed.
Speaker 2: How where okay? How was he is that his fault? Though? Here's what I'm did he when he prepped it and took it?
Speaker 4: Did he take it on a trailer or did it have wheels on it? How was he moving it?
Speaker 17: Yeah, well he prepped, he put the wheels. It only has axles. Yeah, he put the put the wheels. But the reason colas because that was all our furniture inside. But before that, I asked him, I can I say I can take my furniture out. You think it'd be safe if I take my bit better? I mean, if I take my furniture out, I don't have a problem with that, and he goes, no, it's fine, I mean I move I can move it with the furniture. So when they were pulling out the mobile home from.
Speaker 24: The last.
Speaker 17: Like a few houses down, the house collapsed because it was too much weight. So it was his fault because he's the mover. He's a whispered I'm not a mover or not. I don't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but hold on a second, hold on, a second, hold on. What do you mean it collapsed? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 17: Okay, break the frame, break.
Speaker 2: On both sides.
Speaker 4: But why Okay the frame broke and and then it kind of just collapsed.
Speaker 2: Okay, so is it completely ruined?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: Whoa right now?
Speaker 11: Right now?
Speaker 17: I hire because he had to put it back on the lot, and the landlord they're pushing me to move it out of the space because they're supposed to be put another home here.
Speaker 2: Well, where is your where is the trailer? Right now?
Speaker 18: Whoa right now?
Speaker 17: It was on DASA State just this morning some of the guys came and move it another lat.
Speaker 4: Okay, Jose, Jose, Jose, Just I need to get this story straight. When it broke down about a block away, okay, and it collapsed and it collapsed. What did Escobar do at that time after it collapsed.
Speaker 18: Of the colas?
Speaker 17: He put it back on the same lot.
Speaker 2: Oh he did?
Speaker 4: Hey, how did he get it back on the same lot if it collapsed?
Speaker 17: Oh, colas, but I was now break the frame. It was still have time to put it back, but now to take care of the.
Speaker 4: Okay, So he was he was able hold on. He was able to get the home back on the lot.
Speaker 17: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: And when he got it back, when he got it back on the lot, was it able to be lived in or was it was it ruined?
Speaker 17: No, it was ruined because it was broke and it was all right.
Speaker 4: So he put it back, He put it back on the lot. I only need short answers. He put it back on the lot and he left.
Speaker 17: Yeah, he said he called insurance, but I already was calling it. He's insurance, okay.
Speaker 2: Left, Okay. Then then some other people just moved it. Where to the for.
Speaker 17: I'll buying a mobile homes the one and federal like fifty something in Federal, Jose.
Speaker 2: What I mean is this?
Speaker 4: You said someone just moved it again? Where did they move it? Did they take it off of that lot? Where did they put it?
Speaker 26: If morning?
Speaker 17: Yeah, they put it and the word, uh, it's a company they sell mobile homes.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they towed it away. They towed away.
Speaker 4: Your home and put it with someone who sells mobile homes.
Speaker 17: Yes, okay, because I fixed it already. I fixed it, but they say it's not it need to put two more axles to take it two hours away. This is my other My address is to It's an eye list Colorado like.
Speaker 2: Jose, Jose.
Speaker 4: When it collapsed and they put it back on the lot, did you say you fixed it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I hire a well the guide to wall the frame.
Speaker 16: Okay, to do something stool Okay, hold.
Speaker 2: On, so right now, right now, it's fixed. It fixed, but it's not at your lot anymore. It's at a dealer, Yes, a dealer. And what does the dealer why did they put it there?
Speaker 17: Because the dealer will work with the landlord here and because the stay is he the okay, the mobile.
Speaker 2: The landlord wanted to get rid of it, right.
Speaker 17: Yeah, And they was working together and they say we want to put it in my on on the on the.
Speaker 7: Dealer got it a lot?
Speaker 2: Did I got it? Did they ask your permission to do that?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 17: I Q in permission in Okay, they don't want to give it back. I have the title, it's under my name.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the deal hold on?
Speaker 4: You gave Jose? You gave them permission to move it to the dealer. What did you think they were going to do with it when they moved it there?
Speaker 2: What was your plan?
Speaker 17: The plan is to fix it to do well, two more two more axles. That way it can make it all the way to Stirling, Colorado.
Speaker 4: Okay, So so what went wrong with that plan? Why don't you continue on that plan?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Right now, right now, that's I'm doing complaint. But I was just calling to Soup s Bar.
Speaker 4: Because okay, I got it, I got it, so right, now you're going to you're going to continue fixing your trailer, and you're going to move it to where you were going to move it originally. But now escib are Escobar has five thousand dollars of your money.
Speaker 17: Yeah, and all this whole time, he said, except.
Speaker 2: What is his name? What is his is his name Escobar?
Speaker 17: No, his name is Horhey Squobar.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's Jorge Escobar. Okay, So so JORGEY does he think he owes you money or not?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 17: She she's not. I'm sering my calls. I don't know why he's ripped. He ripped me off? Yeah, he does find out he did as some one now is too.
Speaker 2: How long was he out there trying to move it?
Speaker 5: Man? Like? How long did it take to jacket up and move it and break it and all that? I mean, are we talking to day?
Speaker 2: Two days? How long did he work on this thing?
Speaker 24: Oh?
Speaker 17: He Worris only two days came one day?
Speaker 5: Okay, two days. I mean, I'm sure his argument is, look, you owe me something. It's not my fault your trailer broth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what he's going to say.
Speaker 7: Mark.
Speaker 4: He's going to say, I tried and I couldn't move it because it broke and he's now what didn't What did his insurance say, Jose.
Speaker 17: Okay, after after December five? I wake almost a whole month for they could they told me?
Speaker 2: Just tell me what they said. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't need to know the story. What did they say they would do anything?
Speaker 17: No, they say, well, they won't do anything because the insurance won't cover the frame.
Speaker 14: That's all they say.
Speaker 5: It has pretty bad shape for the frame to break.
Speaker 2: I know it. Did Escobar say that he.
Speaker 4: Was responsible or did he say he's not responsible?
Speaker 17: But he says he's not responsible. In my opinion, this is a response he's responsible.
Speaker 2: Well, how old is your trailer? How old is your trailer?
Speaker 17: Seventy eight? Nineteen seventy eight?
Speaker 2: Bro, It's very possible he's not responsible, isn't it. Think about it?
Speaker 17: Because he moved it with all our furniture. That's why the house will lock.
Speaker 4: It's forty six years old right now, Mark, Well, he was moving it and obviously the stress crack the frame.
Speaker 2: Is that his fault?
Speaker 5: I don't know, But if it's that old, I would say, possibly.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you sign an agreement with this guy? What's that? What? Dragon? What did you ask?
Speaker 31: The guy said that, hey, you are allowed to keep the furniture in it. My trailer can handle this with all the added weight of the furniture.
Speaker 2: Well the furniture.
Speaker 4: It's made to carry that furniture anyway, Maybe it's not made to carry it down the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: The moving put extra saying we got to take this break and well we got to think about this. I mean, I'm gonna have somebody get this trailer mover's Uh, maybe Deputy d can get his perspective on this.
Speaker 5: Let's see if Kelly can get him on. He might have a completely different side to this.
Speaker 2: Let's first try to get him on. That's good.
Speaker 4: Then then we got to hand this off to somebody and try to get a comment from this guy.
Speaker 2: We got more coming right up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 2: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Let's continue here. We have hoorge On who wants to talk about this. He was the one that moved the trailer Escobar a mobile home moving and like we said, Jose paid him. He came out and he did try to prep it. He did try to move it. It's not like he took the money and did not work. Now the question is why did the frame crack? Was it because it was forty seven years old or was it because Jorgey did something wrong. Jose believes Orgey did something wrong. And Orgey, how do you feel about.
Speaker 2: This, sir?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You know, on on my end as an expert homeowner, I did everything that we do on homes. You know, I think that moving it. The thing is that it's it was an old lomo you know photos at home and it used to be a ten mintle home.
Speaker 18: Uh.
Speaker 11: You know when customers put you know, uh, sighting what sighting?
Speaker 20: Uh?
Speaker 11: Shingle Uh? You know that all this weight on the structure itself. Uh you know I didn't even move it, not even one hundred you know, one hundred yards when the frame started buckling and you know, cracking. Uh, because it's got you know, have too much weight on it.
Speaker 4: Let me let me ask you a question or hey, you know, like I said, I don't think your intent was to do a bad job at all.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't wasted your time.
Speaker 4: But as an expert, though, could you have which would someone else have known better than to move it with all that extra weight. He's trying to make the case that you told him it was okay to move with furniture in it, and he said.
Speaker 2: You gave him bad advice. Basically, Oh he got sure.
Speaker 11: Whatever he had in it was just you know, a kitchen table, you know, a dress or nothing heavy. I mean it's not it's not because of the furniture or whatever it has. You know, it's it's it's farmer with you know, a kitchen table and you know, yeah, dish and whatnot. But the thing is, you know, as an expert, you never know uh you know, it's it's it's something we do and it's not you know, like I said, nothing I did wrong on my part. It's just uh, you know, it was old home. Too much weight on the frame and uh you know, as soon as I pulled it out of the space, you know, uh, it started you know breaking. And then when I make that trench just to get out of the culch sack. Uh, you know, the outriggers started popping out. Uh it's been to my axles.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: It's like you know, they had more proper anxles, you know, five aces from a home. You know, it's not it wasn't the weight on the tires. It was just the weight of the frame.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 11: It started going in the middle, such as the kitchens and every room because it had just you know.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something here. Is that a single wide or a double wide?
Speaker 11: It's a single light.
Speaker 18: Is it?
Speaker 31: And so there's some kind of a practice st where you get underneath and look at the frame before you move in.
Speaker 11: Well, I mean obviously this year we do. I mean we you know, like I said, as an expert, you know, we tripped it out. We took off the blocks and you know, the frame was good, everything was solid, you know, I hooked up my trunk. Everything looked good, just you know, as I was pulling out, you know, just put it under the weight, you know. You know, on my end, I feel like I you know, I never did nothing wrong because I've been in business for you know.
Speaker 5: I mean, if if he jacked it up at the right points, and I assume he's done this a thousand times.
Speaker 2: And it bent, I don't see how it's his issue. I really don't.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, I mean I use I use pupper jacks and I raised up it. But you know I used three jacks on each site.
Speaker 4: You know, it's not clear cut, Jose, Jose, It's not clear cut that it's his fault. Man, it really isn't if you haven't forty six year old whatever it is. I mean, it's not clear cut here that he did something wrong.
Speaker 2: Back when I had my automotive shops.
Speaker 5: If something came in built in the seventies and I and my guys actually put it on the rack correctly and put it up in the frame bend, it sure as hell wouldn't be my fault.
Speaker 2: There's no way.
Speaker 17: Because all the furniture I have to ran a storage came by the fire all of stuff, as all the stuff was inside the house. That's why talking if it's a fool, dude, I throw my punish around right now, just a mobile phone with no problem because there was no all.
Speaker 18: I fixed it.
Speaker 17: I paid cause I wanted to fix it to all the frame and.
Speaker 20: They they now with no with no issue.
Speaker 17: So that was the problem. They collapsed because too much for all the furniture. It was not only one cows.
Speaker 26: If it was all kinds.
Speaker 4: But Jose, Jose, he's done that before, He's moved trailers before, and he says, he.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm thinking. I'm not saying.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not there.
Speaker 4: But it's he didn't rip you off. There there's a matter of should he have known better? Should you have known better? Whose responsibility is it?
Speaker 10: I mean?
Speaker 2: Or hey, let me ask you this. You did set out. This is fair to ask you. You did set out to move that thing quite a ways and you got paid, did you?
Speaker 4: I mean, is there a some kind of a refund you can give him? You didn't complete the job?
Speaker 11: Well, no, sure I did not, because I charged the path to well, you know, to get it ready, which I you know, I supplied my tires and I put on you know, I put on THEE I just connected on the utilities, checked it out. Well, blah blah blah. You know my end of the you know, the work.
Speaker 4: And then, uh so do you feel, Jorgey, do you feel what you charged him for up till now was fair even though it wasn't completed, Because you're so you feel like you spent five grand of time and energy and material.
Speaker 18: Oh exactly so.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because actually have my crew out there, my semi diesel, a work truck, I mean, you know, labor supplying, you know, whatever was needed to you.
Speaker 18: Know, to prep it out.
Speaker 11: And like I said, I didn't even move it, not even out of the park when it started collapsing. When it collapsed, it was actually on a frame that broke in between the tires. Because it seems when I when that happened, it seemed like when the when the frame was welded. You know, at one point when they built a home, they didn't put no blades, so it was just too much weight on the home itself. With the like I said, everything that was added on.
Speaker 2: No, I understand.
Speaker 4: But the question would be, as a professional, should you have known that and maybe told him, Hey, Jose, this is too heavy.
Speaker 2: It's not going to work. Or where would he.
Speaker 5: Know that unless we saw like some kind of break or how would you know, you know, steel frame mark.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying he should have predicted it was going to break. I'm just wondering if he, being a professional, maybe saw it was old, that it had a roof on it, it had added stuff to it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm just asking is there a possibility he should have known a little better?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 11: No, certain, because we do this, like I said all the time. You know, it's just you know, we move home, you know, old homes, and you know, never had an issue. It's just it's just that you know, the frame was to two weak and you know that's something that.
Speaker 2: We Yeah, was it, by the way, Jori, was it corroded?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 20: Sure, not at all.
Speaker 11: I mean never didn't look good.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hey Jose, Jose, listen, I gotta tell you.
Speaker 4: I don't I think you if you're taken this all claim score, you might want to get some experts to look at it. But it sounds like a weak case to me, is Jose. It sounds like you're going to have trouble, you know, trouble.
Speaker 2: Proving that he did it.
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, I mean.
Speaker 2: That's my opinion. I don't want you to think I'm a judge here because I'm not. But from hearing the story, it's not It's not the same as somebody taking money and doing a lousy job. He took his crew out there and tried to move it. I mean, his intent was to move it, and the fact that it broke it may not be automatically a refund here. I mean, I think you you can try small claims court or something. Orgey, thank you for letting us talk to you.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. By the way, One Clear Choice Garage Doors. If you ever need a great garage door company, you can go to the website. All their prices are on there. They can do a twenty four to seven service around the clock if you have an emergency and can't get your door closed.
Speaker 2: They do new doors, new openers. They're great people.
Speaker 4: One Clear Choice Doors dot com seven two zero three seven zero thirty nine eighty seven. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 21: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 4: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: All right, so.
Speaker 4: Let's talk to Carrie. He has a question on Medicare. Thank you for your patients. Carrie, what's happening?
Speaker 18: Hey, thank you, Tom.
Speaker 26: It's got a question.
Speaker 10: They just started Medicare this month, and they go back a couple of years on your income. Well, that year I sold a piece of property and it shows well over one hundred thousand dollars. Some of my premium is way high. Is there any form that I can sew out to show that's just a one year income.
Speaker 4: No, but it goes back down again. They take an average and there's not much you can do about it. Now, wait a minute, were they? But they they So they showed your gross.
Speaker 10: Income, right, yeah, yeah, I sold a piece of property for ninety five thousand, I make like fifty five, you know normally, so.
Speaker 2: It shows me my god, but it's it's not. But it's not going to be.
Speaker 4: It's going to be adjusted once again though, So we'll take into account that it was just one year.
Speaker 2: But you will pay more for that year. You absolutely will.
Speaker 10: Okay, So I have to pay that premium for one year and then they'll readjust it next year.
Speaker 4: Well, it goes back a certain number of years. So when it goes forward, each previous year drops off.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, okay, So like I'm saying, so let's.
Speaker 2: Say, let's say you just made it. If you just made it last year, it's not going to drop off right away. Right. How many years they go back?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 10: I believe it's three when I sold the land. Two or three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it should be dropping off. Tom, what's that?
Speaker 7: How old is he?
Speaker 18: What difference does that matter?
Speaker 14: I just turned sixty?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, because once you hit sixty seven, your income doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: That's why I asked, Well, your income doesn't matter for what?
Speaker 7: So security payment?
Speaker 4: Not for your payment we're not talking about your payment. We're talking about your premium for it does matter. It does matter your premium does your income does matter for your part B premium.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I thought he was talking about how much you got paid. No, but it doesn't matter that he's sixty five anyway.
Speaker 4: Right so if you yeah, so, sir, your your premium does fluctuate with income until you die, usually people's income. Usually people aren't working or selling things in later years, so it stays pretty level for part B.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, so I have to pay this premium until they readjust it next October.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing, Well, it depends on when it drops off.
Speaker 4: You can call and ask them, but it's it depends on the look back period whatever it is. If it's a calendar year, it'll be the next calendar year when that year drops off.
Speaker 2: That's what I think it is. I don't think. I don't think. I think it goes by your tax year.
Speaker 4: I do not believe it goes by just the last thirty six months. Right, So whatever calendar year you sold it in, when that calendar year drops off of your average a new calendar year, unless you sell something this year, you know, it's all going to be predicated on your average income over the last few years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but see the one thing, the one thing that the one thing that does puzzle me.
Speaker 4: And again I don't have the answer. I thought they only took into account wages. I did not know they took into account capital gains.
Speaker 13: They did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm not sure you're saying, oh, they so they knew it was a capital gain even.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure they just swed my income.
Speaker 4: We'll find out if they knew it was a capital gain or not. I mean, I would at least ask them that. I'm not sure if capital gains are I think they are, but I'm not sure, or I'll look it up for you. If you want to keep listening, Bill, what is your comment or you want to find out from Mark something about Tesla stock, Well, I want I.
Speaker 27: Heard you guys talking about and I've been watching the stock prices and the same thing happened back in July. There was a spike. So what I'm wondering is, and there were rumors at that time as to what triggered that spike. What are your guys thoughts that Musk is spiking his own stock?
Speaker 2: What do you mean what do you mean by that?
Speaker 23: Well, I mean.
Speaker 2: He's got broad.
Speaker 27: Diversification, he's got money managers out there.
Speaker 17: It doesn't it wouldn't take.
Speaker 27: A lot of money, at least when you consider how much money he has to stimulate interest to produce a twenty five percent growth.
Speaker 2: I mean you take bezos.
Speaker 4: No, no, but tell me how that would be done, just even like your in your fantasy, how does that take place?
Speaker 6: Tell me.
Speaker 27: You take a bunch of money and you buy your own stock.
Speaker 2: And that creates a markets. Okay, exactly, but I can do You can generally do that. You can buy your own stock, Certainly you can. He's the biggest shareholder.
Speaker 5: I mean, what's the difference between that and any other company about Warren Buffett?
Speaker 27: Well, that's all I'm saying is there's when that is done. There is nothing to indicate that back in July or yesterday, that anything is going on at Tesla to incur a twenty five increase in value, other than to say that the stock price went up and you've got a bunch of people that just jump on and hope hopefully the.
Speaker 2: Net income rose over two billion dollars.
Speaker 14: Well, I don't want to get anything.
Speaker 4: Well, my reason, I know what you're saying, Bill, but you have to look at at the fundamentals. The income or the value did go up. I mean, it did make more money, so it's pretty logical that the stock price would.
Speaker 27: Follow, not twenty five percent.
Speaker 5: Well why not, because, as he was saying, in the future, they're going to have twenty way Bill.
Speaker 4: Bill better, Bill, I think you're wrong about the twenty five percent because you're you're considering just the fundamentals. There's a lot that happens in the stock market, part of its fundamentals, part of its emotion or perceptionomics, and I think it's very easy for it to spike that much.
Speaker 5: In fact, look what Amazon. A lot of people just real quick on Tesla. A lot of people don't understand what the robotaxis coming on. And then the software sales to other manufacturers. I drive my Model ass on autopilot eighty to eighty five percent of the time.
Speaker 2: The car drives me. At Mark market, well hold on, let me finish.
Speaker 5: They're going to be selling those subscriptions through Toyota, Ford, Chevy, everybody else.
Speaker 2: I agree, Mark, that's all fundamental, is it's solid. I'm not saying that. But in addition to that, you also have.
Speaker 5: Emotion and perception. And people love the company that. I mean, not only do they love the company, they love Elon. My god, he just rescued people from space. I mean, let's get real. He's the richest man on earth, probably one of the smartest men on earth. And the guy knows what he's doing. Okay, so I have to take a break. We got more coming right up.
Speaker 2: If you don't.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com, you don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durant, the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Well, we got another hour to go on the Troubleshooter show. I did find out their social Security is a two year look back and they do count capital gains, so I hope you're still listening. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Get your calls in three oh three Martino three oh three sixty two seven, eight, four six six or three oh three seven to one three talk go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate eight man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ritta News need ad so you don't have.
Speaker 1: Come running shoustas as we can show, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Tom Martine, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: I'll bring in Mark here.
Speaker 4: Now we are solving problems, answering questions taking complaints make your life a little easier. Ming has a problem with an h o A and we do have an expert on to talk about this, Brad O'Brien O'Brien Legal Services.
Speaker 5: Ming.
Speaker 2: What's going on with you?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 2: How are you doing good?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 18: Ming?
Speaker 20: We got to twenty four years ago and from day one we were in the HOA and a month ago we got a letter from.
Speaker 2: You were paying hold on from day one, you were paying ha dues?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Correct? Okay, got it? So what's going on?
Speaker 20: A month ago they sent us a letter saying there's twelve houses on our side of the block. That when they started at HOA, they didn't add this twelve houses into the association. And they asked if we want to have a choice of being it or not, and I'm more leaning on not being in it.
Speaker 2: So they said, let me ask you. So they said that by mistake, the home was not added to it.
Speaker 20: Correct.
Speaker 2: Hey wait, I've got a question, man.
Speaker 5: Trash service different things that the HOA may or may not provide. Have you benefited from that stuff for the last twenty years the.
Speaker 20: Only thing we benefited was the trash service.
Speaker 2: How about snow removal.
Speaker 20: No, everything's on our own.
Speaker 4: Oh, hold on a second, Hold on when you say, are you on a public street or is it a private street?
Speaker 20: Public street?
Speaker 2: Well, that's then you're not providing your snow removal.
Speaker 20: Okay, well so not the street park?
Speaker 5: No? No.
Speaker 4: So here's what I'm asking for the people in the HOA. What services do they get other than trash removal?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 2: Okay? So you got the trash removal that the HOA was getting, is that right?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 2: And the HOA provides that through the HA fee? Is that right?
Speaker 20: Correct?
Speaker 2: And how much is that fee? By the way?
Speaker 18: Right now?
Speaker 10: This year?
Speaker 20: It's eleven year?
Speaker 4: Okay, so you've been paying for twenty four years HOA dues you've been getting trash service. Then they sent a letter saying do you want to be in the HOA or not?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: So now what keep going?
Speaker 20: I'm leading to us not being in it. But could they sue me and make me be part of it?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: That's really a lot depends on the damn things you signed at closing. I think, I mean it could be that you agreed to be in it back then, but they forgot to put you in it.
Speaker 2: But why would they even ask you if you wanted to be part of it? Did they say you have to be part of it? Or did that letter say do you want to be part of it?
Speaker 20: They asked if we want to be part of it? If we do, I then sign on and if not then no.
Speaker 2: Then what makes you think they would sue you if you didn't?
Speaker 20: I don't know. I don't know if they could or not come back and say, hey, I have to be part of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Brad O'Brien, what do you think.
Speaker 25: It's been over twenty years, so I'm guessing that there's probably not developer rights to incorporate. Typically when developers start these subdivision for hy is, they reserve the right to incorporate additional properties in the future.
Speaker 11: But it's probably so long that.
Speaker 25: There are no longer any developer rights, so they probably can't pull him in involuntarily. You know, it's just my gut feeling without researching this, but it's unclear to me if he's actually in it right now and they're getting the option of getting out, well, if he's not in it, and they're getting him the option to get.
Speaker 5: In, he's not in it, they're giving him the option to get in it. And then one of his main questions is if he doesn't want to get in it, Brad, how many years can he go after them for that money? I mean, he's paid twenty five thousand dollars arguably over the past twenty four years.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's going to be a statute of limitation on some of that, but that's right. But also he's been getting the benefit.
Speaker 25: What do you think, Brad, Well, it's probably a six year statute limitations.
Speaker 4: Right, money's paid, But do you think he could go back at least six years and get the money's paid, even if he's getting the trash service.
Speaker 25: It might be limited to six years going back, but the amount he can recover may be reduced by the value that he got in returned, so it may not be worth that much of a monetary game.
Speaker 5: Well, like, my trash is one hundred I want to say, one hundred and fifty bucks a quarter, so that's six hundred and whatever his would be. You're saying, basically, a judge might actually say, well, you got four hundred dollars a year in benefit or whatever, and then maybe he gets the difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what he's saying, but mean, here's something I'm confused about. If you were getting trash service, what is what else did the does the atually do absolutely nothing else? There's no green area, there's no flowers, there's nothing zero.
Speaker 20: Now there are some landscaping. I'm not so much worried about getting the money any money back. I'm not so much worried about that. My biggest concern is if I don't sign on with them, could they make me to sign.
Speaker 10: On with them?
Speaker 2: From what you're telling us, it doesn't sound like it.
Speaker 20: I'll be okay with it because honestly, I don't think I get anything from them. Honestly, benefits I don't.
Speaker 4: Well, they can't make you and you're still going to be able to stare at the flowers and the landscaping.
Speaker 5: Not only that you can leave your trash cans out, you can park, you know, vehicles in your driveway that you might not be able to I wouldn't sign.
Speaker 2: Up for it either.
Speaker 20: Now I'm leaning to them not because it's just too many.
Speaker 2: Rules that well, give me an idea of a rule you don't.
Speaker 20: Like, Well, like we just got a house paint and I have to apply.
Speaker 2: For Oh, you're right, yeah, and it was a it was a paint on.
Speaker 20: The bug because they have to tell me this and tell me that.
Speaker 2: And I don't think I should have to, right, I totally agree with you.
Speaker 20: If they can't get back, come come after me, I'll be I'll be fine. I would rather not be in it.
Speaker 2: Well, Brad doesn't think after all this time, they can just come back to you.
Speaker 20: Perfect. That's good, That's all I.
Speaker 2: Mean, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I think they would have warned you in that letter. They they would have said join or we're gonna make you. I mean, they didn't say that. Three h three seven. Thank you, and Brad O'Brien, thank you very much for your expertise. Those always if anyone has a real estate issue, it's oloslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Seven two zero three seven zero seven. Do you remember when he was in studio? Do I remember when Brad was in studio? No, ming the caller. Oh, he was the one that was in studio. Yes, I do remember that he brought in that was.
Speaker 5: He brought in minger ritas, which were his version of a margarita. But the funny part about this story, and tell me if you remember this, this is way pre COVID. He came in and before the show he was telling me where he grew up in China and literally the only restaurant in his entire town all they served was dog.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's crazy, and this is no joke. This isn't going into a joke. This is for real. Where he grew up as a young boy in China.
Speaker 5: The only restaurant that he ever went to and in his entire city all they served was dog. Or town, I should say so when we went on the air, I actually started telling you about that, and you thought I was cracking a joke or something, and you were like, you can't say that.
Speaker 2: And he really did say that. You're right. I remember that. I remember it was crazy.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine growing up to where the restaurants in town? I mean, really that's what they served.
Speaker 2: It's nuts. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Three oh three seven one three talks seven on three eight two five five. By the way, Frank Durand the real estate man will do a market valuation of your home for the asking. All you have to do is call him and you want to know what your house will self war or what you'll net what you can buy. He does it based on interest rates, supplying demand, comparables, the neighborhood, the whole thing, and it's free with no obligation.
Speaker 2: Frank durand the real Estateman dot com.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: What do you think of what I sent you?
Speaker 5: From October eighteenth, two thouy sixteen And people can google just that date? Put in New York Times October eighteenth, twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: What did you see, Tom? It was a ninety one percent chance that Hillary would win. Yeah, on a poll.
Speaker 5: You see what scumbag liars these people are? They did that because they didn't want Trumpers to get out and vote. So people listening, don't be fooled by all these fake news rags out there. Because the New York Times and once again google it right now. N Why Times, October eighteenth, twenty sixteen, Hillary Clinton with a ninety one percent chance to win the election, and of course we know how that ended up. Don't let these fake media people fool you into not voting in any way.
Speaker 2: You know, do you think that they did that on purpose?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 5: I guess they could be the dumbest bastards to ever write a newspaper.
Speaker 4: That's possible, Okay, all right, I mean in any case, it no, it was a ninety two percent chance. They said Clinton would win an eight percent Hillary. In fact, they went through all of the polls, all of them and justified how they were showing that.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing thing. Man, it's an amazing thing.
Speaker 4: Anyway, let's continue three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five We well, let's uh, we don't have any calls right now, but call with anything you want.
Speaker 2: And I want to go over some stuff. We were talking about trending stuff on.
Speaker 4: Google and we talked about Little Dirk, this rapper that was charged with murder, and then Josh Reynolds, the bronco that was injured outside of a nightclub. And then and there's one here I don't it's a USC basketball coach dies at age forty three.
Speaker 2: That was. It's amazing how these UH and then Scout motors because they're coming out with a new UH Scout and apparently I just can't believe the the the what what trends I mean? And and why you know? Anyway, the Scout's not even coming out until twenty twenty eight, but it is making a and I guess it's the Scout is not the Scout you think it is. I think it was. It's being made by it's a it's electric and hybrid vehicle, and it's being made by Volkswagen. The Scout.
Speaker 4: Anyway, another trend in UH in Google men men brothers. Now those guys, Holy crap. I didn't realize they spent more than thirty years already in prison. Did you know they've been there that long?
Speaker 2: Menendez? Yeah, Menendez, yeah, I think they.
Speaker 5: I think what's his name, that gas X or whatever, that that liberal da is out there in California. You know, he's thirty points down in the poll. This was the last ditch effort to do something. I mean, even the liberals, even the liberals think this guy's too liberal. I think this is a travesty of justice. They walked in with shotguns and blew a hundred holes in their parents. None of this crap ever came up about getting molested as a kid up until the trial, and they they had no other defense, and this gascone or whatever his name is, is now stepping in.
Speaker 2: I think it is a travesty. Now, what do you think? What you think they should be out right?
Speaker 21: Hell?
Speaker 7: No, no, I'd know.
Speaker 2: They walked in.
Speaker 5: Okay, your kid walks in and blast you and your wife with forty five different holes and murders you.
Speaker 4: I think that there are many many people who believe they should be on parole.
Speaker 2: Right now after all that. Well, not the damn jury that convicted him. Well, the jury didn't sentence him.
Speaker 5: Well, there was sentencing guidelines and when you go in and murder two people like that, but they typically you don't leave.
Speaker 4: The judge does the sentencing. But no, it was it was a brutal murder. But all of the movies seem to be sympathetic toward them. Have you ever seen any of the stories of the movies about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. Do you feel that this guy's doing it politically? The proberhaps? Is there anything in life that's not political?
Speaker 24: To you?
Speaker 5: He is so far down in the polls. It's crazy town. This guy is fighting for a job right now. He's literally thirty points down. There's no way Gascon bounces back. You know, there's the running who's he running against. He could be running against a freedo chip and he'd lose.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Three oh three, seven to one, three talks. Somebody asked. Somebody texted me and said, we know people who do snow removal. A good friend of mine said, he has a landscaping company in black O.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't care about black Hawk.
Speaker 4: They can't come down here, So we're looking for someone in the We're looking for dependable snow removal companies for small businesses and stuff in Denver. They're few and far between you, especially since covid UH. It's been very difficult for these people because they only work part.
Speaker 2: Of the year, obviously, and it is the kind of thing that.
Speaker 4: Usually landscapers try to switch gears in the winter and come become snow removal companies and vice versa. But a lot of people since that show, we're saying they're having a similar problem finding dependable snow removal people.
Speaker 2: So if anyone knows, anybody, let me know for sure.
Speaker 4: We would love to get an idea of anyone that might be able to do it in a good way.
Speaker 5: It's probably like it's probably like landlords in Denver. You know, you have to go out and actually get a permit to be a landlord. You probably have to pay a bunch of taxes, and pay a lot of insurance and pay all kinds of money in order to be a snowplower in Denver.
Speaker 2: Now, I have always wanted this. The FTC.
Speaker 4: Is making a rule that with every subscription service offered nationwide, you know, all like like the streaming services or you know anything, any self renewing subscriptions must have even gym membership must have under the new requirements, a click to cancel rule. Now, one thing Adobe used to do is they used to make you get a call in. You could do anything else you wanted with Adobe, but when it came to canceling, you had to call in, and when you called in, you had to wait, and then you had to wait and wait and wait and wait, and you had to talk to someone about canceling. The same was true with some of the satellite services. I don't think they still do that, but man, it was really difficult to cancel. Now, under the new FTC rule, you will be able to cancel with a click of a button.
Speaker 5: And it was.
Speaker 4: Approved October sixteenth. When does it go into effect? I can't see that in this article, but I'm really happy about it because it's finally going to be you don't have to dig through anything. It's going to be click to cancel to No, of course, well how can it be rich?
Speaker 7: How can you have now? Are they going to be held to this rule?
Speaker 4: Well, when you say yeah, I mean in other words, it's going to go up on their websites click to cancel.
Speaker 2: That's what click to cancel is. So whether you have it or not, it's going to be on their website.
Speaker 4: So when you sign up now or if you signed up before now, you still now these are automatically renewing subscriptions. But that doesn't mean hold on now. If you signed up for a year and paid for the year. They can hold you to the year. The click to cancel is the automatic renewal if you have a year's subscription and it renews after a year. Since so many people don't go in on time and cancel, there's a click to renewal and it remembers the cancelation for when it's going to auto renewal on auto renew The other thing is if you have an ongoing just month to month, you can cancel immediately.
Speaker 2: So it really does help consumers when it comes to when it comes to do that.
Speaker 4: And by the way, you can't require people to have to talk to anyone live or virtual in order to cancel. And if you offer cancelation by phone, you can't charge extra for that service.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, listen to this exemption. This is kind of crazy because I don't know what it means. It says the rule provides that companies may petition the Commission for an exemption to any requirement under the new rule.
Speaker 2: What why would you petition for? When would there ever be a good reason for a requirement not to do it?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 5: They don't list anything, but they say the rule provides that companies may petition the Commission for an exemption to any requirement under the rule.
Speaker 2: I wonder if it's going to be.
Speaker 5: Like the hospital has to show how much different things cost rule.
Speaker 2: In other words, you don't think it may have teeth in it, right, I have no idea.
Speaker 5: It shows a fine of fifty one thousand, but I don't underst stand like what would qualify for an exemption, just the simple fact I ask for an exemption.
Speaker 4: You know, actually I don't know. That's a good point. I mean I didn't see that rule. That must have been buried in there.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: By the way, the Federal Trade Commission did this because they have gotten sixteen thousand comments to the favor of that from the public. It does count when you respond or you complain to the FTC. I mean, you know, government isn't great, but they sometimes do things right.
Speaker 2: We have more coming right up.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage of insurance companies find out now three O three seven seven to one Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino. Here Bob has a comment on snow removal. He runs lam landscaping. Go ahead, Bob, what is your comment?
Speaker 10: No time?
Speaker 20: Are you trying to let you know? It just snowmobile?
Speaker 2: Oh you do snow removal? How long have you been doing? How long have you been doing snow removal?
Speaker 10: Bob?
Speaker 18: A glossy visual of landscaping forty years excellent?
Speaker 2: So how do you handle it? So many inches you go out and plow? Do you let each client determine that?
Speaker 5: Or what?
Speaker 18: No docks set up to each individual place? Some people, you know, when we start not getting as much snow as were you sue people with. Some people said, well the fouranteenth go. Some people say, true, it is all quiet.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's cool. Bob l Em Landscaping, Thank you for telling us that. Because we're looking for dependable people. You're pretty damn dependable. Three oh three five six four ninety one oh four. You can find l Em at referrals dot com Vic, what's your comment for Mark or on Mark's comment?
Speaker 26: Well, I'll get there a second. But if people don't watch your show on YouTube, they're idiots, because the most entertaining thing I've ever seen, and I'm addicted to it.
Speaker 2: Just so thank you, thanks man, I appreciate. Yeah, we do have a loyal crowd. And then a bunch of downloads too, as far as on there and on iHeart as well. So go ahead.
Speaker 4: And by the way, on a side note, I wonder when iHeartRadio is going to let video get up there?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean that?
Speaker 26: Well, Tom, you did? You did his spear met the other day and I was the guy in the truck with the dog.
Speaker 4: Oh cool, cool, cool, yeah, yeah yeah, And I almost have that ready to go. By the way, where I'm going to be taking video calls on the show. So what's going Thank thank you Vic for well what's your comment though?
Speaker 26: Go ahead, here's my comment. I have circle of friends and you know, I live in the Parker area, Douglas County, and everyone asks me what's gonna happen when Trump loses? And I'm like, Trump's not gonna lose, and I'm saying, what's gonna happen when Trump wins. Because these people are crazy. I think it's gonna be worse than anything we've ever seen before.
Speaker 2: Oh their liars, they're cheaters.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 2: It's the worst administration we've ever had in this in this planet.
Speaker 5: Let you know one thing that I one thing that I have found. They're gonna they're gonna try everything. You know what, they might try to sentence them on something. I mean, who knows what they're gonna do. I wouldn't put anything past them. The rhetoric these people have against Trump right now. And let's not forget there's been two assassination attempts, one where he actually got shot, and they're out calling them Hillary.
Speaker 2: There were more than two. Would you count the arrest they made.
Speaker 5: Think about what Hillary said the other day. He is basically Hitler going to New York City like in nineteen thirty eight. They all want him to get killed. They're a bunch of lion thieven piece of craps.
Speaker 26: So Mark, I'm not trying to light your fuse, not piece of craps.
Speaker 2: Pieces of crap. Anyway, go ahead, No, I like it my way better now.
Speaker 26: When I put on my subdivision this morning, I turned left on Jordan Road and people have Trump banners on the back of their offences, you know, along Jordan Road. Oh yeah, black spray paint. Everyone said, no Trump, no Trump. Okay, I've never to.
Speaker 13: Face a.
Speaker 2: Harris because you're not a loser.
Speaker 13: I am not.
Speaker 26: And let me tell you something. That's why I'm telling all my friends this was pinpointing two. I just want everyone to be aware. I just really have a bad feeling about what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Well, Vic, thanks for the call, man.
Speaker 5: He's right, though, they're gonna try everything in the world after he wins. I have no possibility of what But these are the same people that have been screaming January sixth forever. But when we had all the riots during COVID the Black Lives Matters, which, by the way, that guy's in even more trouble right now. All the bs that we watched unfolding the news in these lawless cities, nothing ever happened to them. But they want to talk about January sixth.
Speaker 31: In Seattle with the Chaz Chop movement. Yeah, that'd been great.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and how about Jesse Schmolet or whatever the hell his name is. They're all a bunch of bum liar cheaters, every one of them are don't forget it, get out and vote.
Speaker 21: Hey, as is this Eza?
Speaker 2: Iza?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 2: Ezra? I don't know what you wrote down here?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 8: Yes, it's Eva up in Fort Collins?
Speaker 2: Oh, Eva, our friend Eva? You know, Kelly, I think you need some hearing itids go ahead? Eva? What's going on?
Speaker 8: It might be the way I sleur. I don't know, but anyhow, I think you ought to be aware of what's going on in Fort Collins with our liberal government.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 8: I have a vacant property in Fort Collins and I got a letter from Republic that they're charging me thirty three dollars every three months as an opt out feed because I don't have trash service there.
Speaker 2: And now, if you did have trash, what would it cost?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I never had trash there, But I don't understand.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of money. That sounds like it's more expensive than the actual trash pickup.
Speaker 8: No, No, it's thirty it's eleven dollars in something every month?
Speaker 2: Is your trash by the city. I'm sorry, I don't understand Ford.
Speaker 18: Collins, that city.
Speaker 8: Took over they don't want And now if you don't.
Speaker 5: Have trash service, they charge you for it. Well, that's a typical She's absolutely right, that's a typical liberal move. So these people don't need the service, but we're going to charge them for it anyhow I get it in there, I should be surprising to people.
Speaker 8: There are some people that wanted to keep their old services, and I heard that that company is losing money because they want to keep their clients, and they're giving them a reduction because these others, if they keep their own trush service, they still have to pay the city eleven dollars every month, pretty three something every three months.
Speaker 5: It's crazy. They're forcing you to use the people they're in bed with. Let's just put it for what it is. I'm sure whoever the mayor, or whoever's up there is probably getting a kickbacker, probably has ownership in the damn company. I mean, I could be completely wrong, but it sounds like New York.
Speaker 26: In the sixties.
Speaker 8: You're absolutely right, and I hate it, and it pisses me off. I would go and demonstrate if I heard anybody was demonstrating. But people are up in arms. Some people are and other people are just laying back and doing whatever. The city decides to do with them. That's none of their damn business if I take care of my own trash or don't have any.
Speaker 2: Especially on a vacant lot. Yeah, I don't understand that at all.
Speaker 8: Eva, it's a rental, that is not it's vacant. It's not a vacant lot.
Speaker 2: It's all Oh, oh I see, I see. But an opt out fee is stupid.
Speaker 5: That I that.
Speaker 2: That is, if you're not using the service, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Yeah. But the people, I would assume, did the people vote for this? Did the morons that live there vote for it?
Speaker 8: That city? The city just went and did it.
Speaker 2: They just passed it.
Speaker 12: It's a program that started just a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, jo Yeah, what were you gonna say to me?
Speaker 12: Yeah, So this program started September thirtieth, and City of Ford Collins signed an exclusive contract with Republic Waste.
Speaker 2: And they're allowing them to charge opt out fees.
Speaker 12: Oh no, it's automatic. Residents who did not sign up for this service are automatically opted out and will receive an opt out bill of eleven dollars and ten cents per month.
Speaker 2: Total I don't even know if they can do that. I mean, it's for no service. Hey, we should have an opt out fee for people not on referral list. That's exactly right. Okay, listen, thank you even for calling.
Speaker 4: I had to take a break three all three seven one three talks seven one three two five to five. Genesis Tootalexteriors dot com for everything on the outside of your house plus mold mitigation and detection the honest way, Genesis go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi, Tom marks your trouble shitter.
Speaker 4: You know, when you look at an electoral map, it's really amazing. The vast majority of the geographic part of the country is all red, and you have the only pockets you have that are solid blue New York, California, Oregon, Washington, Colorado and.
Speaker 2: Those those are well Colorado especially. Man.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you that turnout I was at down at the Gaylord was incredible. I'm telling you, thirty forty thousand people to see Trump and it was incredible.
Speaker 18: Man.
Speaker 5: I think we could possibly not this cycle, not this cycle, but this cycle is going to be surprisingly close for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: But I think we can turn red again. Oh you mean that the state. Yes, that's that's really not this cycle. We're not going to do it this cycle, but I think we're getting there.
Speaker 10: Hm.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we don't. Maybe we can get rid of those gangs at the We don't have time to make more calls. But Mark real quick on that topic. Seriously. Now on the game thing, dude, there was emails.
Speaker 5: They were showing national news yesterday. They had emails going back and forth that they all knew about it, they didn't know what to do about it. So our governor and all the fake local news now tell me.
Speaker 21: What what were they did?
Speaker 2: They uncover emails that, I mean did this?
Speaker 5: There was there was emails going back and forth, basically saying, hey, if you respond down there, you need to bring three different cars. You might want to go in one of the armored cars or whatever they're called. It was pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Man Coffin though, a Republican saying that they because he's a he got kicked out. That's it's the only job he can get now is some local mayor in Aroor. He lost his big job.
Speaker 5: The guy's a bum, He's a he's a he's a rhino at best, at absolute best, he's a rhino.
Speaker 2: He's more of a turncoat. But I want to ask my people though. But Channel nine said it wasn't happening. Of course not. I mean, I mean they they went on and on and on about how it's not happening. Yeah, that video that lady showed was just all fake, right.
Speaker 7: Hey, Mark?
Speaker 2: But but really wasn't that? Wasn't there only one video? That one that we keep seeing over and over and over?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 2: Were there more videos? There was more?
Speaker 31: Was the other one about the guy getting is a crap kicked out of him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was like the wasn't it the landlord or the project guy or something maintenance guy?
Speaker 2: I remember that that way They took They took over the damn complex. I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 5: Our our government lies to us, our local government lies, our national government lies.
Speaker 2: For the sake of the country, Get out and vote people.
Speaker 6: Hey Mark, yes, do you think that if by some chance Kamala wins that in uh.
Speaker 2: My brain can't even go there. That can doesn't happen in.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 6: There's gonna be such a revolt against the policies of the past four years.
Speaker 5: If she wins in twenty twenty eight, we could be speaking Russian or Chinese.
Speaker 7: Well, if we survive it anyway, such a rebound.
Speaker 4: Folks, it was a weird show today. Hope you enjoyed it anyway. Don't forget to tell people to download on the Troubleshooter Network or iHeartRadio Troubleshooter Network as YouTube. And I want you to call three h three Martino twenty four to seven for help, information and referrals.
Speaker 2: And remember save all your problems for me.