Speaker 1: Inside the Paint Summer edition off season addition, and the arrow is pointing upward because you see, guys. On the last show that we did, everybody was screaming. But now after a couple of offseason acquisitions, everybody is saying.
Speaker 2: I think I'm still saying damn it Bill quite a bit.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh, well, you know what, Cam, we're for the show. You know what, Cam, The negativity has no place on this podcast. We only talk about winning. Damn sure on itp So, okay, well we'll get to the basketball, but tell me what's been up with your summers. Cam. You said that you coached a kid that involved a minivan. Tell that story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, channeling my energy in Beheim. So I'm a golf instructor for the five people that care, you know what I mean. And so minivans are staple because our parking lot is right next to our driving range. And I had a kid the other day and I was going all philosophical. I said, yeah, you know, do X, Y and Z, you know you should see something else happen. And he gets over the ball and he hits it just ninety degrees to the right in a Chrysler minivan that had been parked probably for four four hours was the prime target, and uh it smoked the mini van. And then I just looked at him. I was like, all right, man, probably time to go work on some body. So that's kind of what I've been up to.
Speaker 1: Wow, did you have to pay for the minivan damage or did you just?
Speaker 2: No? No, Okay, I mean I didn't. I didn't pull the trigger there.
Speaker 1: It was me.
Speaker 2: I mean I was the one guiding the.
Speaker 1: Trigger, honestly perfect. That's what Bill self would do, sir, where he paid players and was like, Eh, as long as I got car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what he called a golf shop. You're like, we good, question Mark.
Speaker 1: That's whenever I was fifteen, it was a field day at some homeschooled co op that my mom was teaching at. So a buddy and I went out in the in the parking lot of this big church and we're like, we had some golf clubs in the back seat. We're just gonna hit the ball, see what happens. And I had a drive that clears the field, clears the playground, clears the trees, and bam right into a window of what else but a minivan in a neighborhood that's just sitting there. And yeah, I went, I was fourteen. I went and wrote a note and said I did it, and uh, and they were very good. Good for you. Hey, yeah, you know I was fourteen. That was pre inflation, being bad times. Now, i'd probably whatever on the other way, landon. What's been up with you this summer?
Speaker 3: Uh? Nothing so eventful as that. I did break my dad's garage door window when I was like ten. Me and a buddy were playing tennis ball hockey in the driveway. Uh, and he fired a laser beam that I did not stop, that was very high and hit the garage window, which my dad said, I was just paid her place and he definitely did not follow through in that, so I got off scott free. There are free lunches kids.
Speaker 2: Hey, have you guys ever like this sad not to just derail everything that we're gonna be doing here in a minute. Why have you guys ever played home run derby as a child and then critically injured your neighbor after hitting one over the fence, Because I have, if.
Speaker 1: Not critically to me, critically means like ventilating.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I mean she was elderly, and I think I hit her on the back of the neck.
Speaker 1: You know what the funny thing is.
Speaker 2: It was a tennis ball, but it was hit hard, and so my buddy looked at me. We literally dropped the bat and just ran. Yeah, and it was so stupid because it's pretty clear where it came from.
Speaker 1: Well and Cam, you are a fan of a very good baseball team. You live in Detroit. You went to a game and watch them lose? Landon you and I are a fan of a not very good baseball team. We've gone many times and watched them lose. I believe just about every single time. If not, I think team loses, they lose one of their best players get hurt.
Speaker 3: I think I started the year like two or three and oh, I went to a couple without you, and then we went to one and I think I've seen them lose like four of the last five i've been to now something like that. It's been awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the win was one. Nothing. By the way, that has me do with Gams. With GAM's logic, we should start sprinkling some money on the Royals money line. Any interest, don't do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might hit twenty more times this year.
Speaker 1: Absolutely no interest in wagering that on. Uh, well, Cam, you allegedly have you made any sports bets recently, That's what everybody wants to know.
Speaker 2: Well that, yeah, I'm sure. I'm sure our five people that listened to you. I went to the game on Friday. It was my first Tigers game since I was in college, and probably it's it's price since I was eighteen. Ash, it's a been a while, and they're they're supposedly good, and they sucked. They're playing the Minnesota Twins, and I allegedly had a lot of adult beverages and I just screamed at the Twins players. We were right behind the dugout, mind you. I screamed for about two hours straight to go back to the mall, and no one found it funny but me. If anybody went, all they have gone for him is the mall.
Speaker 1: If anybody wants to see the night that Cam had at the Tigers game, go look at the rock chalk plug Twitter page. A couple of beers deep. Cam met and uh I apparently thought it was gretty, But apparently you were apparently nervous that I would get mad at you for posting things on the Rock Chalk Blog. I don't get mad at you, Camp. I've never been mad at you, not once.
Speaker 2: Mmm, well, you know it's the first time for every cam.
Speaker 3: Is that one have waits you at the Pearly Gates Grimace with a Mick Ultro in hand?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a I believe it was a course light, you know, sponsors.
Speaker 1: How much did that cost you out there at America Park six?
Speaker 2: The fact you knew the ballpark name is just Charter Spectrum, but I do that.
Speaker 1: I think it was like ten bucks. The Royals are there several times a year. Sir, I can name the.
Speaker 2: Ball but it's just like right, I don't know anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, No, it was a lot of we're gonna suck. We're gonna try this. Let's see about Charter Spectrum. Okay, we're gonna alternate Landon. You can lead us off. Name a big twelve basketball arena, Allen Field House, very good, camrah Man.
Speaker 2: Isn't a United Supermarkets Supermarkets arena or something like that?
Speaker 1: You go, yeah, very good? The Marriott Center, I believe is BYU's home court, Hilton Colseum good. Uh, Bramlage, Oh yeah, I should have taken that one. Let's see, I'm looking at the penance on the wall, not doing very good if we're being honest, Galliberiba, I'll say Galliberia and take that one off the board.
Speaker 3: That's six m oh back to me, brand is off the board. Oh man, I know, I know, and I don't think I'm getting another one. Really honestly, No, I don't know. I don't know another one. I thought my head I should know West Virginia's, but I don't.
Speaker 1: West Virginia's is just the WVU Coliseum. I think I think that's right. Yeah, Arizona's. Arizona's is the McHale Center. I don't know if I know the rest. I don't know Baylor's. Baylor's just opened. I know what the courts named. I don't know what the arena's named. I think I should also know Central Florida's. And TCUs was shol My Array, but they just opened a new one, and I don't know. So maybe you're right, Cam, maybe five years maybe I am on right. Yeah, maybe I am Charter Spectrum. And you know what, that's fine, because this is inside the autism on Rockshok Blogs. We're going to talk about Kansas basketball and house Ita doesn't ring as well as ITP.
Speaker 2: I danced around it, and Ryan's like, welcome to Autism podcast.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is, it's Spreaker, sir. There's an R in there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: You may be asking yourself, Wow, that sounds sketchy, and is it sketchy? It sure is, But let me tell you what it also is seventy two dollars for the year. So therefore Spreaker is a friend of mine for this hosting website.
Speaker 2: So our net profit is like a dollar at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the all, sir, you think we make seventy two dollars in and revenue, it is definitely in the red. It is one hundred percent in the.
Speaker 3: Red for the love of the game.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, that's what it is. But this will be the year that changes it. We're getting ready to do year number thirteen of ITP sounds lucky to me. This is it a slash ITP.
Speaker 3: I'm Ryan Landres, I am Landing Fields, and I'm bad for some reason.
Speaker 2: I don't have any I don't have anything funny to Samcam.
Speaker 1: We're halfway through the year. The Jayhawks no longer are halfway through roster building. We think we have their team, and we feel a lot better about it than we did a few weeks ago. We're gonna give a lot of takes about them, talk about everything that's happened over the summer, and that's about it. I still have notes from Land and going to Chicago and the notes because I don't change these very much from last time. Let's talk about Kansas basketball and see where it goes. All right, let's do it, Babe. Speaking of mary Land, and you told me today that actually just a few minutes ago that oh mary is not going to be a Gonzaga rival anymore. That tells you how much I've paid attention to the basketball landscape.
Speaker 3: What we get one more year, we get one more coach k like farewell tour for the great Gonzaga led WCC before they joined the Pac.
Speaker 1: Twelve, which is now the Pack Mountain West twelve.
Speaker 3: The Mountain West plus. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's okay. We'll talk about when we get to other results. Let's talk about Kansas though. When we left you, we were saying, come on, Darien Williams, I think you're gonna be a Jayhawk, and then Survey says, and then we were like here and then we were like, hey, that's okay, because you know we have this this other guy. We have Dame Sarr sitting out there. He looks like he's gonna be a Jayhawk. Survey says, no, man, it did not, Cam doesn't. It does sound like you have a catchy little tagline for duke. They just they just duke. That's just what they do. They suck.
Speaker 2: You guys should have seen the group chat when that happened.
Speaker 1: Let me it was it was essentially this, But then there was me like like that, like the line of the Star Spangled Bear it says through the night, our flag was still there. There was me holding the Kansas flag top of the mountain.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be fun, you guys, Hey, you don't under saying Kansas could legitimately have Kansas football run of ten years of winning four games per year in Ryan at hop on this podcast and with gray hairs in his head at age like sixty four and be like, I tell you what, guys, they're winning the Big Twelve this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they didn't pick this still so that they won x amount of Big Twelve titles back whenever they split them into two halves and Kansas got to play Colorado and Kansas State every time. Yes, that that was me, But my patience was rewarded because Bill self, at the eleventh hour went out and scored two pretty nice recruits to fill out his roster. Land and go ahead and lead us off with a They landed a wing and they landed a big They needed both. Some might argue they might need even more, but they for sure needed the wing and they got him, albeit one from a little bit of a of an unexpected and unpredicted place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Bill self dropping one less recruiting bomb than the United States dropped on a RAM this summer on a few recruits. Over the course of the early part of the summer, Kansas filled its roster with two gets last week. Bill self is enriching his roster, if you will, momentarily in the months to come. Their first commit came from Cole Rosario, a six foot five wing from Miami that was originally top three of your crew in the class of twenty twenty six. He committed to Kansas and then reclassified to join their team for the twenty twenty five season. I've seen some highlights of Cole Rosario, watched a little tape if you will. What's the YouTube accessible tape of col Rosario? And I want to say two thumbs up for me. I like, good player, can shoot threes, athletic good in the open floor, looks like a pro to be honest, looks like a future NBA player.
Speaker 2: Ask me what his grandpa was doing in the nineteen forties?
Speaker 1: What why? What if he was what if he marched with King Cam You don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know that, but I'm gonna go out on a very white limb and say he did not.
Speaker 1: Well, his name is coal like k o Hl, So you know, when was the last time?
Speaker 3: Was gonna be a sign? It's gonna be sat on ESPN like at least a thousand times when he makes a three.
Speaker 1: When was the last time either one of you stepped inside of Cole's?
Speaker 2: Dude, like two weeks ago?
Speaker 1: Wow? Really you shop at Cole's?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I had to get no I mean yeah, I mean apparently yes, but we I had to go to a wedding and I didn't have a belt, and so I just showed up there and was like, hey guys, help me out here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Coles is one of the like two or three places that I like are on the short list of I'm going to a function that I don't have one piece of clothing for, yes, so I will go to either like Cole's, J C. Penny or or like Nordstrom. I mean, huh, And look.
Speaker 2: Honestly, if you go to Cole's, there's no need to do twenty three and me, you're just one hundred percent Caucasian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then if it might change, but you are from you are from Western Europe for yay.
Speaker 1: It's like, let me, let me save you some money. So the next time you need one clothing item instead of going to those three places, go to Burlington where they have the Burlington.
Speaker 3: I only buy soccer on Burlington because it's so much cheaper and it's the same quality.
Speaker 1: Yep. Same with shoes. If I need a new pair of shoes, Berlin Bill is twenty dollars and they're ugly, but I don't care. They can say you're.
Speaker 3: In that case you are a man without taste, but that's fair.
Speaker 1: They are cheap, they get the job done. I have not been in Cohle's and many many, many moons I cannot even remember. My wife likes going there on Black Friday because She's like, look, the item that's marked uff like by two times is fifty percent off. And I'm like, yes, I wrote an essay in college about how coals Is has been sued to oblivion for taking ten dollars items and sticking a twenty dollars but it's half off sticker on them. They are That is called toy pricing, and they are very much so on the no No Ethic list. But you know they have a basketball player that was named after them, right, that's what it is. Cam. Your thoughts on Cole Rosario Kansas, they didn't have a lot of three point shooters. We know that Jaden Dawson has kind of thought to be a three point guy, Darren Peterson can make some, but they didn't have a guy that could come off the bench and be a reliable scorer, whether it's a three point shooter or a slashing driver. It appears Rosario has the upside to fill that void.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a very bill selfie player, can definitely shoot a little bit, spread the floor.
Speaker 1: Pater C see how.
Speaker 2: He fits in, And I think that's a big thing with any of these teams in the transfer portal era. But definitely someone that we can look forward to hopefully provide some offense and not get thrown to the doghouse by Bill self.
Speaker 1: So I think Rosario is one of two guys on the team that has an incredibly wide range of outcomes. The other is Bryson Tiller, who will talk about as if if you told me right now that they were the ninth guy in the rotation and played six minutes a game and number was even less in Big Twelve play, I wouldn't be stunned. Or if you told me either one of those guys was starting Slash a sixth man by February a la Christian Brown as a freshman became a prominent player for them at the end of that twenty twenty season. Also wouldn't surprise me there either. I think Rosario has tremendous upside love the ability to shoot threes off the bench. That's what Brown did as a freshman, and he got lots of playing time. But we've also seen young guy that's reclassifying he should be a high school senior next year. That's a lot, especially whenever you are thrown into a very physical Big twelve conference. I think Kansas needs his ability to score at the rim more than the three point shot, considering the way the rest of this lineup is constructed. If he is a Christian Brown caliber freshman where he can shoot the occasional three, but he also is a threat to drive and get fouled. I think that plays into the way this team wants to play a lot better. Ultimately, I don't have a ton of confidence that he's gonna play a lot this year unless he simply forces Bill Self's hand. But he is right up the recruiting boards quickly and landon. You said, he does truthfully have NBA upside with how athletic he is and how he can shoot the ball. So we'll see if I told you right now barely plays or becomes the sixth man and is a key, key contributor, which of those two camps would you put your hat in with this guy?
Speaker 3: I well, so, normally we make jokes about Bill Self playing freshman or trusting freshmen to play in a Bill Self system, which is often true. This team is so young, though, and there are a lot of freshmen. There are a lot of young guys and very little experience to be had on this team, so I think.
Speaker 1: They, especially with the reserves, like especially like their entire red team and scrimmage is basically freshmen and sophomores that barely played as freshmen.
Speaker 3: Correct, So I would lean play Cole Rosario a lot. I would lean he will be a key contributor after I watched five entire minutes of highlights, and I don't need the pat on the back. It's okay, it's okay. I know I put in the work. I put in the work. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I as he dunks on all those those future uh investment bankers that are gonna go get D two scholarships, Yes, all start in the making camp.
Speaker 3: I'm starting.
Speaker 1: So okay, that's a take. Well, i'll ask your starting five here pretty soon. You would start him on opening night against I guess not Doug Gottlieb's Green Bay team, whoever the hell their first marque opponent is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would throw.
Speaker 1: You would throw them right out there, land and like sight unseen.
Speaker 3: Uh, yes, yes, because I would bet on the talent on this team. And I do think so many of these young guys are really, really talented, and I would want the most talented lineup out there from day one. I'm going with our tried and true strategy that Bill doesn't never, does not ever agree with, which is I'm gonna play young guys early. I'm playing my most talented guys from the jump, with the hope that by mid February it's a really, really coherent unit that is now also is talented and can play together. Uh so, yeah, I would, I would. I would throw him out there right away.
Speaker 1: Seems to be quite a reasonable take. Now, let's go live to Landed in February as al Marco Jackson is starting over Jaden Dawson despite it being completely stupefying.
Speaker 2: Marco is averaging four and five and he's playing forty minutes per game, right, and.
Speaker 1: You got six percent from three. That's my prediction. By the way, that's the move that everybody knows. Jaden Dawson should start over El Marco, and he won't because of Bill. That's the Bill Self move of the year for this year.
Speaker 2: And then and then you go on Twitter or excuse me x, and there'll be people like, well, you don't know more than a Hall of Fame coach, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Every year that we do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Cam, tell me about the other guy. They added They needed a wing, they needed a big. We talked about the wing and now they got a big. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm an idiot. I thought this student was from Africa, so I tweeted out Bill, sof's a wizard at getting big men from Africa.
Speaker 1: I deleted an He's technically is like he is.
Speaker 2: Congo's not the quote Joel embiid or anything, but yeah, no, no.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Paul Imbia, who's a twenty year old that will enroll as a college freshman after playing professional basketball in Congo. He is six ft ten to two hundred twenty pounds with a seven foot seven wingspan, meaning that he will not only be flour but doing his backup at the five, but he will also allow Kansas to play with both bigs, so Bill self can get his pre Martin Luther King Civil Rights are offense rolling to lose to Houston by twenty five.
Speaker 1: I don't think they go to Houston this year. I think the game's at home. So although only loves by like nine.
Speaker 2: But lose four points and they'll blow like a five point lead.
Speaker 1: This is a huge piece for Kansas and I've seen all sorts of comments on Twitter. I've seen some people say that Mbaia is gonna start at the four. I've seen other people say that he legitimately could push Flory for starting playing time. I could see a scenario where Flori starts slow and self says, you know what, Land and Lucas get out there and start over. Are more talented bigs because you're more experienced than whatnot. Even though he's just a freshman, I know he's twenty. I also think that this move allows Kansas to have a Tark Black caliber player come off the bench whenever there's foul trouble. Here's a guy that can give you five thousand be a professional rebounder out there. This is what this team means. They really really struggled outside of one player rebounding the ball. Last year, Kansas's starting center was an excellent rebounder. No one else on the team was particularly good at that, at least among the guys that played around the basket. Well, now you guarantee that your starting five is not going to be your only good rebounder in the front court. And Baya is a huge get for Kansas. Bryson Tiller makes his playing time really interesting because there is definitely a scenario where Mbaia plays third By a long shot of the three guys that are going to get front court minutes. There's also a scenario where I think he's pushing Flory for statistically the best numbers on the team for a center and could be in sixth Man of the Year discussion. Landon what say you?
Speaker 3: I think Kansas's front court is really really interesting and really really talented because Florie we have touted and I still very much believe is an NBA prospect, and Baya is also probably an NBA prospect. He is twenty, which hurts that a little bit, but he is very talented. Watching also, you know his five minutes of highlights. I know, I know, I'm just built different. I am that guy grinder. You can see the talent though it is obviously you can see the guy knows how to play basketball. He's very good at it. There's a little bit of rawness there. But again, I mean he's twenty years old, so this is he doesn't have that like the thing that Rosario has is he's very young and he is very polished. But like you're kind of alluding to Ryan, like you see this sometimes even for good players you come in, you reclassify your young the physicality can get to you, the speed of the game can get to you. You know, there is an adjustment period there, and Baya might not have that nearly that because he was twenty, he's played through basketball in the Congo. He might have a little more polish in that respect, a little more poise in that respect. And then Bryce and Tiller, I think is also a really interesting prospect that has a really interesting skill set. True is very fast, can handle the basketball. So I think this front court is is kind of fascinating. And there is a world in which all three of those guys play a lot and are all good.
Speaker 1: So we look at the roster last year and I wanted to see the specific bigs that they had last year. Obviously, Hunter Dickinson was your starting five, and he was an All America caliber statistical player. He played plenty. kJ Adams was your starting five, not the most traditional role for him, but he played plenty. Then you had Flory, who was your best freshman, was a center. You had Zach Clements who didn't play very much but was still a six foot eleven guy that came off the bench until he got hurt at least. And then there were a handful of other guys that people thought Kansas should play at the four to play small, so they had a lot of different names that shuffled into that rotation. And on top of all that, you had an established five men who you knew was getting thirty minutes a game. That's a logjam of front court players. This team seems to be quite the opposite. You have Flory, who we anticipate being really good, but he's never been a full time starting center yet and could still be quite raw. Then you have him Baya, who is twenty but he's a freshman, and you have Tiller, who is as big of an unknown as anyone on the team, with a huge ceiling and also a pretty low floor. At this point, just three guys are gonna compete for what figures to be eighty minutes a game until Bill self decides that he wants to play a small lineup with a wing at the four. That's a lot of playing time to go around for these three guys, even.
Speaker 3: If he getting probably gonna play some of those four minutes as well.
Speaker 1: Exactly in Trey White figures to probably if I'm guessing open the year as the starting four, right, that's probably who they're gonna start with probably probably.
Speaker 3: Although now Trey White is my prediction for we're screaming at Bill in late January for playing Trey White over Bright Tiller, who's obviously more interesting and more talented.
Speaker 1: Now that right there is interesting. Let's talk about the rotation here because now we can get in all of the takes because Kansas does have one open scholarship right now, they have twelve players that are currently on scholarship. It remains to be seen if they'll use it. Regarding their rotation, you have Darren Peterson, Melviyn Counsel, Elmarco Jackson, Jaden Dawson, Trey White, Florie Badounga, and Paul and Baya. Those will likely, at least to start the year, be your starting five and your first two guys off the bench. The rest of the roster is consisted of col Razzario, Jamari McDowell, Bryson Tiller, Samus Calderon, and Corbin Allen. And the Noah Shelby is also here. Calduran, sorry, Calderon is what they call a volcano that is called Auron. That is very different. Yes, so that's a lot of names here. People said, oh, this team doesn't have any talent before. Like the last week, I count five McDonald's all Americans right there. They have plenty of talent on this roster, and I think they're going to be slept on the open the year. You have the number one pick in the twenty twenty SI six drafts sitting there as your engine, and a lot of guys that play the brand of basketball that your coach has won so much coaching guys play that way. But who knows how any of the pieces will work. I think the only guaranteed piece right now, we know Darren Peterson is going to be the team's point guard and is going to play thirty five minutes a game and is probably going to lead them in scoring. That is the only thing we know about this roster.
Speaker 3: I uh, oh, well, okay, can I can I give my first potentially hot take? I want to give my starting five? What I what I would start?
Speaker 1: Of course? Okay, A lot I ask RCBS about this too.
Speaker 3: I think, I mean, obviously it's Darren Peterson. Darren Peterson's your one. I would start Melving Council. I think that makes a ton of sense, and I would start Florid Badunga. Then I would start Cole Rosario and Samus calderone wow as what my two?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: And my three?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Well, counsel council is your three. I would start Rosario with the two, council three, Calderon's your four, and Flora is the five. That's that's what I would try it out there in game one. All right, that's the most talent. That's the most talent you put on the floor once.
Speaker 1: I think Calderon as your starting three man.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I mean he's he'd be like a three four. I don't think he doesn't. I don't think he grades out as like an elite three point shooter, but he can shoot the three, uh and knock that down, and he's great in the open floor, and he's very athletic. I would I don't know if he can play like a defense or anything, but I would. I would try him out there as the four. I think that's the most raw talent you're putting on the floor once. And and Tiller uh is one of the first guys off the bench with probably Jayden Dawson. So that that would be like my top seven.
Speaker 1: So your top seven does not include el Marco Jackson. It does not include Trey White, and it does not include Paul and Bya on pure vibes.
Speaker 3: No, all those guys could absolutely be very playable players. And also, like Imbaya is kind of by default your backup five, so it doesn't really matter where I would quote unquote have him in the depth chart because he's two behind Floria at the true set.
Speaker 1: He's never playing with Flori, and he's never playing minutes that aren't at the five, so therefore he plus Floria's forty minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he almost certainly, almost certainly they could play a little small maybe if they wanted and play like Tiller at the five. I don't know if they're ever ever going to do that. I wouldn't. I would doubt that, but yeah, so and by it might be by default like you're sixth or seventh just because of that. But I yeah, I would have DP, I would have Colorsario, Melvin Council, Sam's Calderon and Flora Doonga.
Speaker 1: That is wild, not at all what I expected. Some of it is, some of it is not. Caym, what's your starting five right now?
Speaker 2: All right, Darren Peterson obviously Floria Badonga and then we know, damn well, Bill sup will start el Margo Jackson. So he's playing, okay, he's in the certumatic he's going to start most of the games this year. It doesn't matter. He's gonna play. Okay, it's a check off the list. So after that, I'm gonna go ahead and say we got two spots left. I'm gonna throw Melvin Council in there. He's a very Bill Selfie player. And then one last spot to Phil. I'm gonna guess, Yeah, I don't know. I'm just gonna guess we're gonna go with God do I say Bryson.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I'm just gonna throw Bryson Tiller. Nah, he's not gonna play that much earlier.
Speaker 1: In the season.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be interesting. I could be serious. I could be very I could see billsov running out like a four guard lineup start out the year, although he hates that he'll have a brain ANDWSM Maybe maybe Paul and Baya that'd be my other player, That's my guess.
Speaker 1: I could totally see a scenario where Bill self is starting Paul and By at the four and Jamariy McDowell at the two to start the year, like like just a tinker with lineups. Couldn't you see that?
Speaker 3: What do you What do you think? Ryan? What's your five right now?
Speaker 1: I mean Peterson at the one and but Doune got the five or easy. My two man is not even close. My two man is is Melvin Counsel. I think Melvin Counsel is going to be an All League contender. I love the vibes he brings this team. I think he, not Darren Peterson, will be this team's vocal leader. I think he is going to play in a way like ty Sean Taylor and Elijah Johnson did side by side to each other. I think he's going to be the Elijah Johnson to the Darren Peterson's Tychean Taylor. And people remember Elijah as the point guard that cost that team a lot as a senior. Remember Elijah as a junior on the National Champion runner up, was that team's best three point shooter. He was their most accurate three points or their highest volume three point shooter. He was a slashing wing that defended at an all league level, and he could handle the ball better than almost all the other twos in the league because he had point guard experience. That's the sort of thing I think we're gonna see from counsel. My three is absolutely Jaden Dawson. I think Dawson one of the guy.
Speaker 3: Dawson is the guy that Cam and I are sleeping on for sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, Dawson has is this team's best three point shooter. If he is not their best three point shooter, it is because somebody else had a terrific jump as a that we're not expecting. Dawson has to play more than el Marco Jackson. I reserve the right to take it all back if al Marco winds up being this All League player, right, Yeah, but I don't think self's gonna do that. And the fourth spot is really interesting Landon. I want to say Tiller. Tiller is the most slept on player on this roster. I think because we don't know, we do not know anything. This is a McDonald's All American who has already spent a semester practicing with the team but has been hurt, and we just have no idea what that's gonna bring. I would start Trey White to open the air, but that's easily the least safe of the starting five spots for me, and I'm not hesitant to pull the trigger and get Tiller out there if he plays really well early on. I don't know how quickly the diapers are gonna come off if you will for Tiller, considering he hasn't been playing competitive basketball for a year and a half now, and you're gonna be like, hey, Duke North Carolina and the players Era tournament to start, go get him, buddy, Like, I don't know how that's gonna work.
Speaker 3: A side question here related how many pros are on this roster?
Speaker 1: Oh, Peterson Flory last year? Well, yeah, Peterson would would get it somebody, even though Hunter Dickinson is technically a pro. Right now, Peterson get out of here. I think there's three. I think there's Peterson. I think there's uh Flory and somebody else, whether it's Rosario or Tiller or one of them.
Speaker 3: Okay, I you could talk me up to like five.
Speaker 1: Wow, and by it might be an NBA player.
Speaker 3: And I maybe maybe I'm going absolutely crazy with Tiller and Calderone, but I really like what I see from them. They are really smooth players. They look very comfortable, and they have a really interesting skill set, and they're athletes and that a long way.
Speaker 1: I think Calderon has an opportunity to be like a freshman o Chaya Baji in the sense that he didn't do anything because he was redshirted, I guess for the first couple of months, and then whenever a need for him came in. He kind of plays the way that this team really needs guys to play. So the opportunity for him to step in after not contributing a whole lot and being a valuable player seemingly out of nowhere. But we're gonna have seen it coming for a while. Unlike the unlike, a lot of people are gonna be like, wow, I just came out of nowhere. I think that's on the table. But I think for Calderon to play substantial minutes unless he is just legitimately volcanic as as a freshman early on and forces Bill self's hand, I think the only way that Calderon plays a lot is if a lot of guys suck in front of him.
Speaker 3: He died plausible.
Speaker 2: Sorry, boys, I just about died eating watermelon. But I think that is correct. That's all I had to add. I was just trying to get those words out of my mouth, and I've out and died. Carry on Ryan.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: I'm good to your head, speaking of being alive, gun to your head. Who will Bill self start in game one?
Speaker 3: Darren Peterson, Melvin Counseled, Jaden Dawson, Trey White, Floory.
Speaker 1: You think Dawson starts?
Speaker 3: Uh? Actually, can you say no?
Speaker 2: No? Al Marco is gonna start one hundred. It's like a make a wish kid. Bill Soof's like, dude, you tore your achilles, whatever the heck you did. Just play.
Speaker 1: What does l Marco Jackson do better than Jaden Dawson?
Speaker 2: Nothing, but he's gonna play because Billsoft feels loyal to him.
Speaker 1: With el Marco Jackson, I think that we also don't know There's there's a lot of guys on this roster that I feel like this team is constructed well for them to get a shot. Example, Cole Rosario and Bryson Tiller. Their positions are not stockpiled with depth. The depth that's there is not proven one talent, and they have a ton of upside. So if they're good, there's not a lot in between the court and the bench for them. They're going to play. Al Marco Jackson is a natural point guard. Well, the number one pick in the twenty twenty six NBA Draft is playing point guard for this team. So Almarco's gonna have to play the.
Speaker 3: Combo guard or or a wing to el Marco plays point guard.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that can't happen. I will drive to Allen Field House like that one dude that broke into the dorms and tried to take some out of throws. No that that if el Marco. You know what, remember a couple of years ago for a Royals analogy, when the Royals were like, hey, Bobby Witt, let's practice third base because we have Bert Mondsey over here that's got short scot nailed down. And we all knew that was as nine. If if Bill Self's like, hey Darren, why don't you play off the ball a little bit? Just go stand there, catch and shoot, because elm Marco's.
Speaker 2: Gonna Harris hold on, Ifdwan Harris had an extra year of eligibility, you think Bill using him to around the point and putting Darren Peterson in his shooting guard.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, I do, yes, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: No, I have so many comments I want to make right now.
Speaker 1: No doubt I also think Bill self knows ball. So I would like to think that he wouldn't put his number one point guard prospects at the two guard for Dewan Harris. But you know what, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he would.
Speaker 3: I think he would play dew One Harris at the one. Where is this team ranked to start the season, That's that's a great question. My roster knowledge is low because it's June thirtieth as of recording across college basketball. This feels like a top fifteen, top ten.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say nine, Like nine or ten feels like, well they'll start, but I think the arrow, unlike the last two years, is pointing up.
Speaker 2: I agree, I'd say like twelve and aso.
Speaker 1: So like if they're ranked eighteen or whatever, fans are gonna get all pissy on Twitter. The same fans who are like, why are we ranked one again? This is so much pressure.
Speaker 2: I say, rank them one hundred and forty after the last few years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that and like that is going to be a factor too. There will be people that want to rank them like eight, and they're like, well, last ten years, I better move them down just so I don't look like a dumbass again. Like that's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Definitely, and I think that they do. I do think the difference here is that this team has a lot of un This team does have a ton of unproven talent. I personally am just very high on a lot of the unproven talent on this team, and I think the plug and play type guys your counsel's Dawson White, I also think, have a much more clearly defined role and skill set and fit a lot better within within the system and within what this team I hope plays like.
Speaker 1: Well. In this team. You know, the last couple of teams that were ranked one in the preseason, teams that both got off to great starts. They both had great Novembers despite everything falling apart after Christmas time. We knew exactly what that team was going to play like, and we knew what would make or break it. We knew Hunter Dickinson needed to be an All American. We knew Dwan Harris needed to be an All League point guard, and we knew that kJ Adams needed to be an All League caliber player. We knew that everything else around them just needed to be good enough. In the end of all those things, Hunter Dickinson was the only one of any of those groups that lived up to the on paper expectations, which is be an all league caliber player, and there would be plenty of people that would tell you that the stats didn't tell the full story with how much of an impact he made on the team. So nobody exceeded expectations. This year's team, I think there are so many more combinations. There's so many more possible roads for them to get to the finish line as a top two seed in the NCAA Tournament, or as a Big Twelve champion or second in the Big Twelve. I think that there's a scenario where Darren Peterson is Trey Young and he wills them into a top four seed with everyone else being lousy. I think that's on the table. I think Melvin Counsel being an all league caliber player and being a hell of a robin to Darren Peterson's batman is on the table. I think Bryson Tiller and Paul Embaya not necessarily the most household names, yet showing their immense upside and giving huge lifts off the bench wins them enough games. Yet in there, I think there's so many pass this team could take. The success that I feel better about their ceiling than the last couple teams. I also feel like their floor could be lower, which feels weird to say because last year's team was a seven. But I think that a rocky start wouldn't surprise me at all for this team, especially considering who they're playing in the month of November.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. I do think that this is a little bit of a choose your own adventure right now, more than more than normal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good way to put it.
Speaker 3: Because this team is really young. And also even in the before times, Bill self was like not all over the place, he still won Big twelve titles, but like he was a little shakier with with young teams. You could you could see the growing pains a lot more in real time with the really young teams that he had, particularly like the Wiggans year and like fourteen fifteen two teams that were like their depth was young and.
Speaker 1: Lost four times in non con play, still the most that any Kansas team the last quarter century has lost. Before we started Big twelve play and then January and February all around and the team started cooking til Joel Embid hurt his back. I think that path right there. And I'm not gonna say the ending is fair because in Bed got hurt and the team fell apart or whatever. But I think thirteen fourteen Landon is a really really good blueprint for what this team could look like, really shaky early on against a tough schedule, as your number one overall draft pick leader tries to get used to college, still puts up really good staf but the pieces around him aren't gelling perfectly well yet. But then hey, January and February roll around. Bill selfs got his team, He's got his alpha, he's got his team rolling, and, barring an injury, a team that feels like one of the ten best chances to cut down the nets entering the tournament.
Speaker 3: I hope that's true. That would be a lot of fun. That is absolutely on the table.
Speaker 1: Cam they are opening, Oh, go ahead, give a take, and then I have a great segue to help you re a horrible experience. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Oh great, I got a lot of those. No, I was just gonna say, I think it's encouraging to feel that, Hey, guess what, the season probably won't start out well, maybe it will, who knows, but it won't start out incredibly well, and then Tank it might be a little bit of the opposite, which be more enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Well. And also we remember last year's teams started seven to zero. They beat Duke, they beat Michigan State, and they beat North Carolina boom boom, boom all in a row to start the year. And we were we thought this team was on its way to cutting down nets and then and they were what like like like fourteen and thirteen after December first or something like that, like it really fell apart. So when the team does inevitably lose a game or two in November, fans shouldn't be pushing the panic button because those same fans were the ones that were convinced that a good start last year meant that all the problems were fixed, and they most certainly were not. Okay. Now, to lead off this next segment where we talk about the full non conference schedule that got released, Cam, they're playing an exhibition game at Louisville this year and it is at the KMC Yums or the KFC Young Center. Surely, Cam, you did not have any negative experiences at the CAF Eye Center and Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Did you told the story a bunch, but yeah, I went to the Elite A game against Villanova and.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: I like it, I genuinely listen, it's not even a joke, Like it's actually real love this. Like I listened to the podcast. My dad and I went to this game. My dad's a KU lumps. We were listening. We're like, yeah, these guys know what they're talking about. This seems like a great matchup. It's gonna be a sure final four. And we go there and within the first like ten minutes of the game, we looked at each other. We were like, dude, we're gonna lose, aren't we Yeah, and sure as.
Speaker 1: Hell they lost. But see the difference between that KU tournament loss, where a loss feels inevitable in the first ten minutes and the ones that they the other ones, is this one gave you some hope because they actually took a lead. They did like we thought, oh here they come with fifteen minutes left and and well yeah, then the air got let out.
Speaker 2: There was like a there's this is not a joke either. Like I, I genuinely I saw Wayne Seldon make like twenty three pointers in a row and wore them ups and I tweeted out something. It's probably still on Twitter if you look at up it is.
Speaker 1: I know what it is, that rock shot block And.
Speaker 2: I was like, hey, guys, I don't know if this means anything, but just saw Wayne Seldon make a bunch of threes. He airballed his first two shots or whatever, and then in the second half he hit a shot that like hit the shot clock and went in and that's when Kansas like took the lead. And yeah they lost.
Speaker 1: So thanks, but Landon, if I had to ask you how many of the six threes Wayne Seldon took in that NACA tournament loss, you would how many did he make? You would say zero, and that would be correct. I did the family few noise earlier. That would be a good answer. Good answer because it would be the correct answer. Yeah. That the thought of Cam, who would have been about twenty or so.
Speaker 2: I was like listening to ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listening to ITP and being like, oh, these these guys man, because I've been there. I've listened to people on the radio like as a teenager that I thought they knew what they're talking about, so I can take their predictions to the bank. And then being bamboozled when it didn't work. I know what that feels like, thinking that that land or not landon Josh Daniel and I being totally confident that Kansas would step on Jay Wright then and it didn't happen. I will say I still to this day think Kansas was better than Villanova that year. I think they win that game seven out of ten times.
Speaker 2: But they did that day, No, they did not. And I also had to sit next to two just complete I can't say what I want to say, but just degenerate Villanova fans and yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Might have been the hope, sir, watch your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very well, it could have been.
Speaker 1: The Pope has has spent time being happy that Kansas basketball lost in SA Tournament games. Bill self has made the Pope happy twice. I got they give two times?
Speaker 2: Oh man, really care what the Pope does all that much?
Speaker 1: Let's let's talk about the non conference schedule a little bit, because we have it. We wondered when we get it. They played a couple of exhibitions. One of them is Fort Hayes State, which I will say this every single year, the best thing that's ever come out of covid Land. And what do. I always say, I don't remember that they only played one of these. Yes, one exhibition game is all we need against the real squad. And then they open this with who else but Doug Gottlieb's Green Bay team, Remember the team that at one point had fewer wins than Doug Gottlieb had weekly radio appearances. That's who the jay Aukts will open with. Really starting with a tough test there, the line in advance has got it. If Kansas doesn't beat Green Bay by forty we got problems.
Speaker 3: Mostly Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Game two forty five plus.
Speaker 1: Game two it gets much tougher. The return game of the North Carolina series is on a Friday night in early November and Chapel Hill Guitar Hills are kind of a French top twenty five team. They're in the low twenties and a lot of the preseason two early top twenty five things I've seen, and that will be a lot of fun. I'm sure the tickets will be ridiculously expensive. I don't think Kansas has played at North Carolina in thirty forty years something like that. It might be longer. That's one of the ones. The circle should be a great atmosphere, and it's one of those games that, regardless of how good each team is, it's one of those games that you expect to come down to the final couple of possessions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be a great one, I hope.
Speaker 2: Already getting ready for it.
Speaker 1: Then you get two layups with Texas A and M Corporus Christy not the Aggies, Corpus Christy. What's their mascot either of you know?
Speaker 3: Actually I don't know that I do. Are the Islanders the island?
Speaker 1: That's correct? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say a corpse named Christy.
Speaker 1: The Islanders is correct? And then you know that, Yeah, you call me Captain autism. Cam. I didn't even know that the Corpus Christi Islanders were a thing.
Speaker 2: I could have I could have spent an hour just going over different things in my head and that would have never even crossed like the barrier.
Speaker 1: Well, we can give Cam the opportunity to let something cross his head because Game four is the IVY League game where they play Princeton at Allen Fieldhouse, and Cam, what do we always say about the IVY League game?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the worst game of the year.
Speaker 1: They will win sixty seven fifty nine, and we'll sit here and be like, hey, guys, you know what, let's not freak out here for instant Actually they could. They could be at their team seeds six. I've done that many times. So normal, they're gonna start at least three and one because we don't know what the Carolina again. The others are layups at home, and then the Champions Classic a little later in the year that normally is it's game five. They play Duke, who should be a top five preseason team. They have the loser twins that are that well. I don't think that John Shire has ever beat Kansas. I think he's zero and three.
Speaker 3: Again, speaking of the twenty thirteen to fourteen team, this is shades of Andrew Wiggins versus Jubari Parker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even yeah, it really is same matchup. This one's at Yeah, this is at the house that Tom Thibodeau built, though land and not in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right, exactly. Oh, everyone calls it that.
Speaker 1: If I had to give you the choice between they go one and one or any other results against the u NC and Duke, what of those two options would you choose. I would take one in one, probably one in one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know which won though.
Speaker 1: You either have to win a legit road game like a Quad one a road game, or you gotta beat Duke, which they have done before, but neither of those games or Allen field House. I think one and one is going to be a struggle. I do. I think they lose both of those games with a young, growing team.
Speaker 3: Now now, let me let me spin zone a little bit. They beat Duke all the time in the regular season, and North Carolina has not been like your dad's North Carolina in the last couple of years.
Speaker 1: True, that is true North Carolina. The coaching matchup gives you a lot of hope for the North Carolina game. The Duke game, though, last year Kansas was at their best in November and Duke was at their worst in November, and even then it took you had to barely squeak one out against the team that was eventually the number one team in the NCAA. Is great win, nonetheless, and a couple of years ago they almost lost to him too, Grady Dick had to rescue him late. I think they lose both of those games. I think they're completely handled in one of them and lose like seventy eight to sixty two or something, and I think that they they're in a real intense battle in the other one and just drop and I think they're three and two going into Oh, it's much easier now the players era than in Las Vegas, which is going to be at I think I read that. I don't know how we still don't have matchups for this yet. I think I read that two of them are going to be Power five teams, and then you get you get a mid major that you should have a pretty decent point spread against. I think they win twice in Vegas. I'll just say two and one, and they get a real nice quality win over somebody there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels right. It's a good call, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Agree. Here's where I think it starts to turn. I think they beat Yukon at home, which is a fantastic game on December second. This is not the big East battle that's done. This is a home and home that the teams agreed to. They're going to play at Allen field House this year, and then we will have a return game at Danny Hurley's Connecticut Pavilion the next year. Connecticut figures to be once again very good. I think Kansas takes care of business and wins at home, and at that point they have to have a at least one quality dub on their schedule between Connecticut Duke and North Carolina.
Speaker 3: And whatever happens in the players era, yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna have like five chances.
Speaker 2: I bet Dan Hurley gets kicked out of allen Field House this year.
Speaker 1: Well was the last coach to get ejected from allen Field House.
Speaker 3: Still.
Speaker 1: Bob Huggins the picture of our group chat on his pants up, I think so.
Speaker 2: I was happy Elastic waistband.
Speaker 1: It was so loud, no one knew what was going on because it was right after he was drunk that game, right, yes, and they like the next thing we know, the band starts playing the the the Wave the Wheat song when a guy fouls out, and I couldn't figure it out because like the I knew that the player who had fouled on Western Virginia did not have five fouls, And it took me a minute to realize, Oh, that song is for Bob Huggins, who's being escorted off the court right now.
Speaker 2: I remember I listened to like I was actually driving through West Virginia, like going on a spring break trip or something down south. A couple weeks after that game, and Bob Huggins was on a radio show for like the West Virginia Mountaineers Sports Network. I don't know what it's called. It's just basically just go back to the mines. And he gets on there and he's like, we need to fix this whole situation in Kansas. Like it's a complete joke. You know, the fish eating is a complete joke. I almost called in and it's one of the biggest regrets in my life. I didn't have a radio show off or showdown with Bob Huggins.
Speaker 1: You could have, you definitely could have. And then I believe I think I think Bob Huggins got fired for going on a radio show and saying something insensitive about Catholic just a couple of months after that happened. I remember that whole sequence. Yeah, and then Bob Huggins has been ejected multiple times against Kansas. There was that time at the T Mobile Center too, in the Big twelve tournament where it was once again a real upsided foul count. And I think that one was pretty early. I think it was like twenty two to four or something like that where they tossed Bob Huggins.
Speaker 2: It's almost like they fouled a lot when he coached them.
Speaker 1: That is true, but they were only called in Allen Fieldhouse. They didn't call him when I went up to Morgan.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Then you get the first rivalry game of the year, which is Missouri at the Team Mobile Center. And I'm gonna give a little bit of a bitch beest here. Why why was it just too entertaining watching them play at each other's historic home court with the rivalry settings in the crazy setting? Was Missouririna and Allen field House not doing it for you or something? Guys, why nobody wants Team Mobile Center? We want home and homes.
Speaker 3: Agree and Kuia by twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah they should. This should be a year that they Missouri is not is a French tournament team. According to ESPN's bracketology. Kansas State not in the field as of right now, which is wild because they just spend a bunch of money on another recruit. The road game of non conference play is also in the state of North Carolina. Just like the first one, they go at Will Wade's NC State team, where I believe Paul and Baya pulled back his commitment for the wolf Pack and joined Kansas. And then there's obviously the the Darien Williams situation where North Carolina State stole him from Kansas in the in the portals, so tough game. Will Wade's a good coach. You gotta think the wolf Pack have plus are have minusids to be a tournament team this year under his leadership. That feels like a loss.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, this feels like a loss. Also, when was the last time they played at NC State and UNC in the same year. Hasn't happened the same year? Yeah, Kansas. By the way, they lost their first ever matchup with NC State in nineteen fifty nine. They've won thirteen straight since, including one last year that you were at Landon. That's true, Hunter Dickinson going for like three assists away from a triple double that.
Speaker 1: Night, and the problems were fixed. So we thought, yeah, yeah, Kansas. Kansas is five to oh lifetime in Raleigh in road games in the series. They played him in ninety four and ninety five in the Roy Williams era, and that's it in the last thirty five years. A quick Google search shows that their history against North Carolina features no road games unless you go all the way back to Geez. They've never played in Chapel Hill. If you want to say Charlotte, I don't know if that was where you U and C called home at one point, or Raleigh they've played both times they played in both those cities. They've never played a game at the Dean Dome.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Okay, So.
Speaker 1: Your answer is never, Your answer is never landing to what was the last time they played in both of those places the same year?
Speaker 3: Well, there you go, first time for everything, even in your twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: So then the last two games at home for Kansas thousand and Davidson, one of them will be a blow, one of them will be stupidly annoying, probably Davidson. There's probably some white guy that'll make six threes and make that game close. But to run through one more time, Green Bay, North Carolina A and M Corpus Christy Princeton Duke, and you get three games in Vegas, Yukon Missouri at North Carolina State thousand Davidson. How many losses in there? That is a art? How many is that? Thirteen games? Because we're back to eighteen league games this year, right, three, four, five, six of eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve. Yeah, it's thirteen games. What's the record?
Speaker 3: Uh, ten and three.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I was gonna say.
Speaker 1: I think if you get ten and three, you smash that take button right now. I think that is that is that because I mean you're look at the take out the games. They're not gonna lose. Yeah, you and c on the road Duke in in New York, three games in the players era Yukon, at home Missouri and Casey and at North Carolina State. How many games is that? That is eight? So they're going five and three in those eight games that all feel like mostly coin flips. I guess when you're word it like that, five and three seems doable.
Speaker 3: It's definitely doable. They could even be better. They could be worse. That's the nature of the roster we just talked about. H Yeah, I'll go ten and three. I think this team's gonna be pretty good. I always think that in June, but I do think that again.
Speaker 1: It's gonna say that feels like a good time to bring this song back. Yeah, I'll say nine and four. I'll say a nine and four where the arrow is pointing upwards as December goes along.
Speaker 2: Okay, ten and three.
Speaker 1: If they get to ten before conference place starts, we're looking at a really good roster. If they get eleven, I think you're looking at a top five team.
Speaker 3: I would definitely agree with that. Seven, eleven or twelve, they are a great basketball team.
Speaker 2: If they're like building game of five to five hundred, do we just quit.
Speaker 1: As the bad scenario is there three and two, go into Vegas and they go one and two there and there? What would that be? Four and four coming back to play Yukon at home? Four and five heading into Missouri is the worst case scenario.
Speaker 2: That would be so wild.
Speaker 3: That's not unplossible. That is possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely. I think going into the Yukon, I think after Yukon, which is game number nine, I think you're six and three and it wouldn't totally stun me if you're five and four, like I Ope. Then though, if they are six and three, I could see a scenario where they get Missouri, they squeak one out at North Carolina State and then they smash their cupcakes and do hit ten and three. I feel like the North Carolina game is the big one here. That's the one where it feels like they're a better team than But the road environment, the two road games you go to and on those road games and you're getting double digits. If if you lose both of those, well then you have a lot.
Speaker 3: Of good teams going to the Dean Dome and do not escape with the victory. So that would not be a stunning result at all.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Bill self hired Jacques Vaughan to be Norm roberts replacement as a head coach or as an assistant coach, and a lot of people think has the door kind of left open for him a little bit by or Sell Jacques vaugh as Kansas is next coach.
Speaker 3: Ah, bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that was done intentionally, all right.
Speaker 1: I got two predictions here. Number one, that sentence is true. Jacquevun is Kansas's next head coach. Prediction number two, Jacquevn's next job will not be Kansas head coach. I think he's an assistant for a year or two and then gets hired to go be a head coach somewhere where it's not let's face it, if he gets hired at a Maryland or a Tennessee or a job like that. It's not like he's not coming back to Kansas when Self eventually steps down. I think he's gonna be Kansas's next head coach, and Kansas fans should like that. He's an NBA mind. It's you know, they want to get away. The people that aren't as happy with Bill self want kind of the newer age style. I think jaquvn brings that here. I think that's the guy you want as your next head coach. I'm not crazy about them just being like, hey, you went to our school, so that takes you up a couple points on our power rankings list. But I think Jacquevon, with his NBA head coaching experience, I think that's a great potential perspective future head coach.
Speaker 3: I loosely buy the rumors that this is Bill Seth's swan song. That might not be true at all, that might totally be smoke. Are those actually good chance? Say again, I don't know if it's m this is tough podcasting.
Speaker 2: Well, we're in mid season for him in June. I don't know if it's rumors. I kind of think it's like that whole thing. You know, they put up the white smoke of the Vatican when they came to a conclusion. You do that in West Virginia, you get a whopper. I think here we're just kind of spitballing, and we think that Bill Soft might be getting close to retiring. I don't know if Landon has anything to add to that.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I have no official report by any stretch. I've just heard a little bit of that that it's possible that this is the case that very well may be wrong, but also it's been possible that he's on his way out for the last week.
Speaker 1: Are not experts, No, we're definitely not in West Virginia. Can't you see the smoke? You see the white smoke and then you take a sniff and oh nope. But dude, I lived.
Speaker 2: With a dude that was from West Virginia at one point, and I once looked at him and I was like, you know what they say about incest in West Virginia. And he looked at me and he was like, don't say And I was like, why go across the street when you can go across the hall? And he got real upset.
Speaker 1: I that does like a train crash that I could see coming in slow motion and I knew Cam would go forward with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of deserve it.
Speaker 1: That's why Cam gets paid the big bucks land And I hope you never find out how much Cam makes because then you know we'd have to we'd have Toree negotiate. Cam makes a lot of money.
Speaker 2: My salary qualified me for medicaid.
Speaker 1: Uh. Here's that. Here's a fun exercise brought to you by SpongeBob. You want to see me name all the Jayhawks that got picked in the NBA draft, and you want to see me do it again? Okay, how about a third time? Hunter Dickinson signed a contract with the Pelicans. I believe we have a gentleman's agreement on this show and a handshake bet that that Hunter Dickinson will or I don't ever score a basket in the NBA. I said he will. I still believe he will, and he's a professional right now for the Pelicans.
Speaker 2: Probably will.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have a great time playing for Panathonikos.
Speaker 1: Fun fact. Who was the last man to be selected in the NBA draft that went to Kansas?
Speaker 2: Was it Kevin mccoler, same draft?
Speaker 1: A little later in it?
Speaker 3: Really, who was it it was?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Johnny Furfey correct made a bucket in the NBA finals, I believe, or at least played in the NBA Finals.
Speaker 3: Yep, he did score.
Speaker 1: Good friends, I thought that you said he did or he didn't?
Speaker 3: He did? He did score?
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought he did. I remember seeing Twitter all about about it. Four Big twelve players got drafted a week ago. Can you name him?
Speaker 3: I got two for sure, VJ. Edgecombe and Igor Demean. Definitely.
Speaker 1: I think three of them were lottery picks.
Speaker 3: Man. I followed the draft decently closely, but I'm blanking ard right now.
Speaker 1: You got a Spur and you got a Grizzlies. The Spur is a lottery pick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, who was it? Who was it? Carter Bryant good?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's three eight and fourteen. We have guys like Micah Peeb and Tristan De Silva and yes, Yeves Messi and Terrence Shannon who played for a Big twelve school at one point.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but who did you say the other guy went to?
Speaker 1: If I say that, I feel like you'll get it. He went to West Virginia.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm I meant what NBA team if you played at West Virginia, who was it it was? Uh?
Speaker 1: Was it Small eight? It was Javon Small Yep, yep, yes, it was nie K. Clifford began his career, I believe in a Big twelve role, and I know Michah Peeb started at TCU. Neither one of them finished in Big twelve schools. They both were picked as well. Yes, Kansas's last draft pick was Indie Johnny fir Can you guys name Kansas State's last draft pick? Oh?
Speaker 2: Uh, oh man, I can picture him.
Speaker 1: It is not Noel drafted three number. Who is the Oklahoma City Thunder?
Speaker 2: I can picture him. He had like that stupid heart tattoo and it had some symboloici.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just I thought that I thought the Queen of Hearts tattoo was cool. Sir picked one pick Jalen Wilson.
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I can picture him.
Speaker 3: Was it Cardio Jara?
Speaker 1: It was Johnson? That's all right, right, yep, that is the last time. And who who's the kid Kansas State signed? They signed a kid and gave him two But yeah, they like one of the top one of the top scorers in all of college basketball last year. Now he gets away from Penny Hardaway and look out.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's an upgrade to go into drum Tang or not, but.
Speaker 3: Toy away from Hardway and right to Tang.
Speaker 1: Bye or so in Kansas's uh, we we don't have the Big twelve schedule yet, but we do have their pairings, and they're gonna get two or they're gonna get two games against Uh. I believe it's k State, Arizona and Iowa State. Those are their three home and homes. By or Sell, this is the year Kansas gets a win over Jerome Tang and Bramledge Bye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they're due.
Speaker 1: It's it's gotta happen eventually. The last time that they won a game out there, I believe was the o Chaya Baji comeback. Wasn't it the final?
Speaker 2: Bruce Webers that is correct.
Speaker 1: Uh. They haven't won in Waco since before COVID. They haven't played Arizona or Arizona State. They haven't won at Iowa State since their naty year. They haven't won at who else. They haven't won at West Virginia. In a hot minute, they haven't beat West Virginia in a couple of years.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they have they have m B b YU either. Ridiculous. It's ridiculous that we don't get two different games of Kansas and e b YU for the debonds, the Peterson matchup.
Speaker 3: They're they're they're losing the BYU again, is it in profescially If it's If it's in provo, they definitely will lose to them. If it's in if.
Speaker 2: It's allenfield House, Yeah, I think they don't lose Allen. Do they lose at Allen field House this year?
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll say they don't. I'm gonna keep saying they don't till till I get it right. Yeah, I think that they win.
Speaker 2: I think I think they do.
Speaker 1: Uh, here are your your conference home games. They do get b YU at home, also Utah, TCU, Baylor, Cincy in Houston. And then the three teams that I read earlier they're away essential are they're away exclusive opponents are Central Florida what could go wrong, Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Texas, Tech, West Virginia, and Colorado. I believe if you look at the preseason rankings, I think that four of the six toughest games for Kansas will be at home. I think Houston, b Yu, Texas Tech, Arizona and Baylor are probably the best five teams in the Big twelve not named Kansas. And you only get you get to play all of those teams besides Texas Tech at home, and you only have two of those six matchups on the road. If you had Iowa State in there, then you're saying that you get five of your easiest eight at home. I think they have a pretty good schedule this year. Houston is only at home, Baylor's only at home, and BYU is only at home. That seems like a decent draw, and.
Speaker 3: They'll definitely smash Arizona State on.
Speaker 1: The road where they've never won ever.
Speaker 2: Insane is the third horseman of the apocalypse. When Kansas beat UCF by like seventy points last year and we.
Speaker 1: Thought it was good to go in the snow, when Landon and I were like stuck in the houses for three days and we were like, yes, myself, we thought aj store had arrived. I think Ryland Grippin made four threes that day too.
Speaker 2: The whole team looked good.
Speaker 3: Floor went coast to coast, and.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, Kansas went three and Ozero over UCF and the margins of victory were like fifty one, three and three or something like that.
Speaker 2: I think there's a quote on this podcast after the UCF game where Landon and I both were like, or you asked us, You were like, what do you think happens with Florida after this year? And we were like, I think he's a lottery pick after that transition that exists some four.
Speaker 1: And hey, guys, Exciting you is the next show that we do, which will come a little bit later in the summer. It will be our season twelve finale and we will do our prop bets and let me just say, let me just say, oh boy, it's it's sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although I don't I don't know if I've ever seen a coach single handedly tank of players, NBA draft prospects, Mike Bill, self and Flory and I understand the holdout a lot more when we say that outloud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was playing forty chess.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do ASCARCB. Now we begin with a well, there's only seven questions and we've kind of touched on a lot of these because these are about lineups. Let's start with Bryson Tiller Landon feels like a good place for you to start here. There's two about him. At Boom and Frost, he says, why does everyone think Tiller is not going to be our starting four? Self didn't recruit and portal over him. He's a five star guy. He's going to turn heads. And then at b Hillsey three says, is Bryson Tiller the most slept on KU player by their fans in recent memory? All metrics would have this as a top three recruiting class in the country if he did not reclassify to practice with the team last year. He seems like an under the radar roster would play to KU's advantage in comparison to the last two years. A lot of Bryson Tiller love. And this morning when I woke up, I too thought I'm going to talk about how Bryson Tiller is a little unheralded. Now, seeing these ASCARCB replies and seeing your thoughts, I'm beginning to think that that's not as sacred of an opinion as I originally thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe not. I think it's entirely possible. Bryson Tiller really really good. I was watching his highlights earlier, and I really like him. He's he's his skill set is really really nice. He's a smooth, open floor fore man. He can handle the ball, he can pick and pop a little bit, he can knock down a shot. He's got a motor on him. He's smooth, he likes to dunk the basketball.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to like about Bryson Tiller. And if he can fit in the system well, and like's if he's got it between the ears as much as he's got it everywhere else, he's gonna be he could be a genuinely kind of special player. I hope that's true. He has pro level skill set. Honestly, he really does.
Speaker 1: Cam give your thoughts on Tiller if you would, because I I'll kind of tie it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I have no idea. He looks impressive on highlight reels, just like anyone else. He looks like he can run the floor, shoot a little bit, he can handle ball a little bit, kind of do everything that another power forward that played for Kansas really couldn't do that much, not to that horse there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Bryon Tiller take a twelve foot push hook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every devastating Kansas loss has some type of ill advised mid range jump shot from a big man. That is a hill that I will die on. Whether it was David McCormick at Rup, that's the that's the one of multiple kJ Adams. Like, yeah, every time kJ would make one, like he made a couple against Duke and Fran for Scilla was grand.
Speaker 1: He can do that. Yeah, that's his game, Yes, exactly, And like no, it's not now that Elon Musk has made it so you can still see blocked. People that have blocked use Twitter pages. Fran Bruscilla's tweets will pop up in my timeline. I'm always like, this is stupid. I want to reply to this and I can't. It's a tease. It's like seeing a really attractive woman in a in a in a swim suit behind a glass door and she's inviting you to come in. She's like, come on, come tell me all about how a fan does and the door won't open. That's how I can did you guys.
Speaker 2: See did you guys see the Hailey vanly at a Swimsuit edition? Like I would need a full bore running head start to handle any of that welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Guys. You know what I I try to tell you guys about pagebackers from the start. Look who was correct? Look who was correct the whole time?
Speaker 2: That was not That was Hailey Vanly.
Speaker 1: I know, I know that one's undeniable. But you guys try to argue with me about pagebackers, and especially you Nick, who did not listening.
Speaker 3: I would actually prefer pagebackers. Haley Vanly a perfectly attractive young woman in her own right, but I would go.
Speaker 2: With page Hay Van could run me over in a mini van and I'd apologize for being in the way.
Speaker 1: Me a minivan with the windows that are broken because Cam's student had a golf fall with them.
Speaker 2: Yes, that same car, Chrysler two thousand and eight Green.
Speaker 1: Some we go back to bryceon Tiller, who who is six?
Speaker 2: Anybody remember that program? Oh? Do I? Yes?
Speaker 1: Do? I? And Rust Millennials got really screwed out of that because yeah, we can chuck up an now the l for the gen Z or millennials whatever they call. Uh So, Tiller is six' ten two forty and and a lot of times whenever guys sign With, kansas they shoot up the recruiting rankings at the, End tiller had the opposite effect because he was. Hurt at one, Point tiller was a top fifteen recruit on a lot of these twenty four to seven type. Websites he finished outside the top forty because of his. Injuries and then, yeah he, reclassifies and, uh you, know missus doesn't play last. Year he does practice a little. BIT i don't know if he's been fully cleared at this. Point there's some there's some controversis with, that but, Yes i'm with, You, like if he doesn't, reclassify this class would Have, peterson who is not just a five star but is the number one five. Star tiller would be a five star guy if he didn't reclassify and get. Hurt and then you have. U i, mean then who else is? Here you Have rosario who's a four. Star you have called her on land and thinks should. Start, yeah that's a hell of a. Class and then you bring in you, Know bill self was able to use the portal and not just fill up. GUYS i need all these. Positions he was able to, say, like you, know we could use a guy like this SO i. Can he wasn't going to the portal to fill eighty percent of a roster like he has in the. PAST i Think tiller's got a lot of. Upside we'll see if it happens At elliot ruson H other than, shooting what do you feel this roster may be. Missing what do you think would put them over the. TOP i think it's front court. Depth if we're being, Honest If tiller's still kind of banged up And embia And flory aren't quite acclaimed and ready to take on that predominantly starting, ROLES i think you could get freight trained a little bit under the.
Speaker 3: Basket, yeah that's probably a good. Take, also apologies to all the like fifty plus fans who are gonna try to Pronounce paul And bya And florid But dounga all.
Speaker 2: Year, Yeah branfascilla is already. Prepping he's hooked on.
Speaker 1: Phonics fran gets worse when the team's, worse and that's what's, frustrating because the team's been worse the last couple of.
Speaker 3: Years that's If.
Speaker 2: Paula if he If paul And bya looks anything like Check, DIALLO i think we're in a bunch of.
Speaker 1: TROUBLE i Think paul And baya looks like he's like thirty eight years, old doesn't He he looks kind of like over The, yeah a little bit of the dope effect where he's twenty one and he, looks you, know like he could be a mid thirties dad that's married with four kids and has worked in a as has held his job as a warehouse manager for twenty. YEARS i think that's kind of what that's The paul And baya bye by. Yet but he's good.
Speaker 2: Speaking speaking of like evaluating. Talent we've come to this conclusion of the group chat That ryan he has an ability to IDENTIFY nba players with the typically are not REALLY nba. Players i'm, convinced are you guys aware of Who Dave blunts. Is he's, LIKE i don't, know five, ten six hundred and fifty, pounds he's a. Rapper if you handed him A i don't even want to continue after that. Comment, anyway if you handed him a basketball, Jersey i'm convinced That ryan looking, him he kind of reminds me of Plumed Big Baby. Davis there's a clip Of ryan going ERNEST U day's AN nba player out.
Speaker 1: There, Yeah, Well i'll hang my hat on that and say if he had stayed With, bill he just might be because then he scored three points Against kansas and all the fans are, like, man he's better than Unter. Dickinson he was. Not he was definitely. Not you notice How i've been, very very precautious with MY nba takes. Here i've let you guys PUT nba caps on all these four star. Freshmen AND i will do it.
Speaker 3: Again see me this time this place next.
Speaker 1: Year At Bentley hunt. Fifteen now That bill has made his, splashes is this team top twenty heading in the next?
Speaker 2: Year?
Speaker 1: Also it helps with Their kansas they'll be top. TWENTY i think they're gonna probably clock in somewhere in that twelve to fifteen. RANGE i could see him going a little higher, though Because. Peterson, YEAH i think that's.
Speaker 2: RIGHT i, Agree, yeah nailed it At Beer.
Speaker 1: Brad now that the roster is in, place who do you expect to be the team's best. Defender there's only one answer on, this and it's an easy.
Speaker 2: One, oh It's Melvin, Council Melvin.
Speaker 1: Counsel that It's Melvin Counsel Dog Marcus garrett the. Second according to Some twitter fans land and get.
Speaker 2: AMPED i am am And landon's mind is that the coming of the Anti, christ.
Speaker 1: And, HEY i will Give Marcus. Garrett THE Nba finals did remind us That Shygildes solider had had six turnovers Against Marcus garrett and then two years Later Tyrese haliburton had five points in a game Against Marcus. Garrett he was a good.
Speaker 3: DEFENDER i never said he was bad at, defense never said very.
Speaker 1: Much not more questions. Here willan is from At Kate eden. Fourteen you don't Think El marco is actually going to? Start do? You? Yes, caam, Yes, UNFORTUNATELY.
Speaker 2: I, boy have you guys seen the show.
Speaker 1: BEFORE i don't Think El marco. Is Like i'm willing to give it a. Chance If bill self Starts Elmarco jackson and says he's a five star high school, player he's a McDonald's All, american this is his third year in the, system and he's a great, athlete oh, Listen i'm willing to give that a few. Games but if he hasn't made significant progress as a shooter or as a, scorer it's got to be one of the. Other then there's just too many other guys on this roster that are good at those things that need to play over, Him i'm willing to give it a. Shot i'm pledging to you both THAT i will not get in here and scream About Almarco jackson starting until we are To. Christmas if he's still starting after that and it's not going well and there are other guys that we believe should be playing, More i'll start to ring the gong a little. Bit But i'm willing to Give elmarco a chance because his third year and he's a five star high school.
Speaker 3: Player, Yeah i'm also willing to give it a chance just from a skill set and talent, perspective like you can you can see that Al marco is not an untalented basketball. Player he couldn't make a shot to save his life in his freshman year and that was the big. Thing but he's super, athletic you, know and that that showed a few. Times that that is kind of ALL i can say about. HIM i, mean there's something, there and If bill starts, him and If bill's high on, him, Sure i'll all give him the benefit of the doubt AND i will gladly give him a.
Speaker 2: CHANCE i, mean he did have that one.
Speaker 1: Dunk that dunk was. Good, yeah, yeah the one dunk was really good in the worst game that we've ever. Watched that's the worst game in THE i would rather watch The kansas by you lost from last. YEAR i don't care what that. Say they played one hundred than they did Against cincinnati in The big twelve. Tournament that was the worst Game i've ever.
Speaker 3: Watched at LEAST byu was fun to watch in THE byu, destruction.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah and remember in That cincinnati game where kJ adams almost single handedly willed them back and they got it within you and.
Speaker 3: Then they wound up losing by.
Speaker 1: Twenty just for all, sake let's pull up the box score in that. Game march twenty twenty, Four Kansas, cincinnati seventy two to fifty Two. Kansas in this, GAME kJ adams was very. Good he was nine for, fourteen score twenty two. Points if you take kJ adams, away The jayhawks scored exactly thirty count them thirty. Points they made twelve baskets on an impossible forty eight, attempts twelve of forty, eight which is twenty five.
Speaker 2: Percent Tony bennett looks like he just popped to see allis wherever he.
Speaker 1: Is they were three for twenty shooting, threes WHICH i believe was two for nineteen Until Nick Brick timberlake made his fifth and final three with the clock expiring in a twenty point. Loss, yeah and if you really want to get deeper into this, game you'll See kansas had thirteen assists wrapped AGAINST. U let's see, here just twelve. Turnovers the problem wasn't. Turnovers the problem was they couldn't make. Shots And Dewan harris on a night.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Why, oh go, Ahead, marco we should play a.
Speaker 1: Lot Johnny surphy was one for eight El marco wasn't even worse two for eleven in that, game did lead them with nine, rebounds all at And Dewan harris on a night wherever he was a senior on a team that had nobody else Gave kansas exactly three baskets in thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Minutes, yeah but he CREATES nba wings and where's a?
Speaker 3: Headband and loves playing for the name on the front of the jersey and said.
Speaker 1: The name on the.
Speaker 2: Back, hey that he.
Speaker 1: Does i've already heard that said About Melvin council and a bunch of other. Guys landing and our final question at show Me, hawk how many cities and towns have you been to in the state Of? Kansas Cam have you ever been To? Kansas? Oh, yeah, Dude, No, Yeah i've.
Speaker 2: Been i've been To, laurnearence To, PEKA i believe. That, No, Lawrence, wichita maybe To. PEKA i think that's.
Speaker 1: It and you AND, i you AND i have lived In. Kansas, Yeah, landon you've lived In kansas for almost a dozen years at this, point and you've been to a lot of places In.
Speaker 3: Kansas, uh, Yeah I'VE i Mean i've been to. SEVERAL I i really have not gone west much at. All, Uh lawrence or To peak is about as far AS i go on a regular. BASIS i have been further past. That i've been To. Mankato. Uh there was a there's a town way out, west almost To. COLORADO i can't remember the. NAME i watched my cousin play high school football there.
Speaker 1: Once it Was. Colby, Yeah, Colby kansas is the only town within four hours of the border THAT i could. Name it's right ON i seventy and let's say there once when we were going To. Colorado that was my dad grew up. There there's a photo of six year old me with my super COOL swi whim wings and, everything swimming in the holiday and pool In, Colby.
Speaker 2: Kansas that's probably the holiday in there is kind of all they have going for, Him is that?
Speaker 1: Right? Well i've lived In Johnson county my entire thirty years of. Life i've lived In oletha And Overland. Park my sister lives In. Wichita so we've done many a trips up and down thirty, five stopping In emporia to eat At, broms because what else would you do in In? Poria and then you go down it's not. Great imporia is. Awesome that's where my sister's getting married land and so we're gonna spend a lot of time In emporia over the next. YEAR i am as stoked AS i.
Speaker 2: Sound have.
Speaker 3: Fun i've spent a lot of time In.
Speaker 1: Emporia i've been In manhattan a couple of. Times, Yeah i've been To manhattan a couple of times for basketball, games been At, topeka you, know as all else Does. Lawrence i've been basically everywhere within like two miles Of Johnson. County what About? COFFEEVILLE i Think nick has been To. COFFEEVILLE i Think i've driven from Hutch. Nick nick was A hutchinson guy who went to School, washburn so he lived In, topeka so he kind of did the Central kansas Wing landon AND i are mainly the east, Part, Okay, yeah and then. West drove To colorado once as a six year. Old probably saw some cactuses out. There that's that's ALL i. Remember never, been never been, anywhere unless you count driving through and the night In. COLBY i don't Think i've ever been west Of. Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Interesting i've been To Great. Bend dad's From Great. Bend been out there a little, bit, SO i, mean which is Not South.
Speaker 1: BEND i ALWAYS i always get them mixed. Up they are, different much, smaller And, kansas while being a very boring, state it could always be worse Because kansas is better Than. NEBRASKA i think that pretty. MUCH i was. Born there's that blows my mind every TIME i hear, that that fact That kansas is technically A. Nebraska, YEAH i MEAN i would not say it that.
Speaker 2: Way not hell, though. Dude my parents hated living. There when When nebraska lost in, football the people that fly their flags at half, Man i'm not even.
Speaker 1: Kidding, no that's. True at the. Time, YEAH i was gonna say the time that we were all, Born nebraska was was a freight training Football SO i definitely understand. That, yeah they are not now in case anybody was all they have their Du, yeah their quarterback jerks off to pictures Of Patrick. Mahomes CAN i say? That CAN i say that on the? Air feels like.
Speaker 3: Barely cracking the top one hundred worse Than, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Let's see IF i have something worse on the, soundboard have something?
Speaker 2: Worse ashtag ASCARCB, If Ryan landreth At ryan Under, Square landrith got handed a black and white picture Of osama Bin laden wearing a basketball uniform without the. Beard would you call him AN nba? Player, well he was.
Speaker 1: Tall that dude was like six foot. Six it was like six spot. Forward, yeah he could probably play.
Speaker 2: The most explosive player on the.
Speaker 1: Court oh my, Gosh well that you know? What on that note that so pod, ta, yeah you know? What landing there we Go, suddenly me saying that The nebraska quarterback jerks off to pictures Of Patrick mahomes is only the third worst thing that's been said in the last forty five.
Speaker 2: Seconds, well It's Bill soth starts On Marco jackson Over Darren. Peterson once this, Year i'll Turn january sixth into a child's pizza party on.
Speaker 1: That, no this has been inside the autism, on inside the. PAINT i Am Ryan.
Speaker 2: Lander i'm Lanning fields for some, reason AND i identify as the autism lobal puzzle.
Speaker 1: PIECE i Like.
Speaker 3: Sam's, calderon AND i don't care who.
Speaker 1: Knows oh, man they're gonna be WHY i can't say my.
Speaker 2: Name maybe A.
Speaker 3: J De bonsa will score thirty five, points though.
Speaker 1: Hey not A Bryson tiller is not down there defending the.
Speaker 2: PAINT i kind of like the idea of Getting Mitch lightfoot some extra eligibility just to throw him On De bonsa so we can build Soft look really.
Speaker 1: Confused now you're stop podcast, now and now you're you've crossed the. Line. CAM i can't do that.
Speaker 2: Anymore we have, standards.
Speaker 1: All. Right somebody, say, bye how are?
Speaker 3: You how do you ask?
Speaker 1: Me gus