Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, Come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, right, yes, sir, wakey, wakey.
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan showed checking in on this tat Tuesday, and we're gonna be super busy. The prizes are awesome today. Hopefully the conversation is awesome today.
Speaker 2: I know you guys would be awesome today. Is Tim going to be awesome this morning?
Speaker 1: He's a three time Hall of Famer, he's one win away, two questions away from going back into the Hall of Fame. It's a day five for him. It's a game five, really exciting. And I know these other Hall of Famers are just swimming in the waters. They say there's blood in the water. The sharks are swimming. They're ready for Tim today. Who's going to get through? Who's going to make him earn his way back into the Hall of Fame? Live Collective sold tickets to the winner, whoever wins Struts Dirty Honey Homeroom, you're getting those on the Fun Fact Flashback, Here comes the big Stuff. Tickets in the pits for Pierce the Veil, which sleeping with Cyurns on that bill. That's Thursday Night Woodlands pit passes seven twenty. We got tickets Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Thursday Night is the show and then the big one Metallica sold out on Saturday. The tickets are coming your way at A twenty. It was suggested twice by the same guy. Yesterday, I realized that we were gonna play the five game Pantera Suicidal Tendencies plus'll get you qualified for those albums and all that fun stuff. So big happenings at eight twenty this morning the five game mos relieved she doesn't have to be on the.
Speaker 2: Spot for any of this. No timekeeping, no nothing.
Speaker 1: Woo, kick back and relax and let the listeners entertain you, babe. Text to win, Text to win, I think today's the last day for the iHeartRadio Music Festival. One thousand dollars and win some tickets to the Big Fest and then fold eat hailstorm tickets on Know the show that's gonna be every hour is crazy busy forty chance of scattered thunderstorms, mostly clouding today.
Speaker 2: High of ninety three. Good morning, mom, Good morning, waiting up for Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Hey, President Donald Trump has sent two thousand more National guards to La raising the federally ordered force on streets in that city to more than forty one one hundred. We know the immigration raid protests or entering a fourth day today, and with that, the Pentagon also deployed about seven hundred marines to shield federal buildings and immigration agents. California called the move in overreach, and they sued the government. The LA mayor said last night that the immigration raids in her city were unnecessary. Yesterday, the Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior, made a big change by removing seventeen members of the CDC's Vaccine Advisory Group. That's all of the members of the CDC's Vaccine Advisory Group.
Speaker 4: He claimed the committee.
Speaker 3: Has been quote plagued with persistent conflicts of interest and has become a little more than a rubber stamp for a vaccine unquote. The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices still plans to meet later this month.
Speaker 4: All right, think about this one, Rod.
Speaker 3: The average American gets twenty minutes to themselves every day.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Twenty minutes. Oh my god, Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 4: It does.
Speaker 3: Family obligations, work commitments, financial constraints, social obligations and guilt all get in the way of adults enjoying free time. So a new study was done and it asked how much is it worth to you for a moment of free time? Like, how much would you pay?
Speaker 2: What do you mean by free time? You're not you're literally doing anything at.
Speaker 3: All, doing none of those things I just talked about. Nothing for your family, nothing for work. You're just sitting there rotting.
Speaker 2: I don't know what i'd pay for that. What are people?
Speaker 4: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The average American would reportedly pay two thousand, five hundred dollars for a totally free day.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's people out there that are not budgeting their time very well though, I'll say that.
Speaker 3: Okay, parents are even like more than that, more than a thousand dollars more than that, because parents are desperate for a taste of freedom.
Speaker 1: I can't not be efficient. It's not even being bragging. I'm just saying it's a sickness that I yeah, it's a zonus.
Speaker 4: You don't sit and.
Speaker 2: I don't think people budget their time.
Speaker 1: I think people probably have more free time than they give themselves credit for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, how much would chili pay for twenty minutes of free time, a free ninety nine.
Speaker 3: I know it's interesting. That's a lot of money. Four thousand dollars for a whole day. All right, let's talk about breaking bad. If you're a fan of the show, don't go visit the house from the show. That's basically all it's all about.
Speaker 2: This is that woman acting up again.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the video?
Speaker 2: Well, I think there's a lot of videos of her. Just don't buy that house. Man. She doesn't want people visiting it, right, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and the owners just known for not being friendly.
Speaker 4: Well, recently she was.
Speaker 3: Featured by an influencer who went like behind the scenes of what she deals with, the kind of make her story known. And this lady is shown spending her day yelling at fans don't get too close and then spraying folks with a water hose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the yard is fenced, but she.
Speaker 3: Gets mad and people see it on the side walk even in the streets, wanting a picture. So she put the house on the market back in January for four million dollars, calling it the quote most famous address in Albuquerque.
Speaker 4: No one wants the.
Speaker 2: House, not for that money. It's not a million dollars. It's a very modest house ranch, four mil million dollars.
Speaker 4: I really wanted out of there. She would lower that price.
Speaker 2: We'll see my friends at Orchard.
Speaker 4: I will help you out. It's like why the band Drowning Pool.
Speaker 3: They're going to mark their twenty fifth birthday of their hit debut album Center with a deluxe reissue early next year.
Speaker 4: They did an interview.
Speaker 3: Explaining that they dug through storage they found old tapes, home videos, posters, and unfinished songs featuring the late singer Dave Williams.
Speaker 4: So the package is expected to include.
Speaker 3: Cleaned up demo tracks, early versions of some of their best songs, a Beatles cover of one of their songs, plus unseen footage and keepsakes for fans. They also are planning a tribute tour. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Take It Alex Ascro's back in action.
Speaker 5: Tonight, They're gonna open up a three game series with the White Sox at Dyke in park Lands. The Colors will be on the mound for the strollers, going up against Chicago's Shane Smith.
Speaker 2: First pitches at sevent ten.
Speaker 5: You can listen to that game on our sister station's Sports Talk seven to ninety News Radio seven forty K tier.
Speaker 2: H Gen Hockey.
Speaker 5: That Panthers blew out the Oilers six to one in Game three the Stanley Cup Final last night to take a two to one series lead. Edmonton had fifteen minor penalties and then some game misconducts after a brawl broke out in the third period. It added up to eighty five total penalty minutes for the Oilers.
Speaker 2: They were losing the whole game. All they wanted to do was fight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, half the team just got kicked out.
Speaker 1: They were just trying to get Florida to fight the whole game.
Speaker 6: They were trying to beat them up. Ye going into the next game.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play Game four on Thursday night, and I would have imagined that one's gonna get a little chippy as well. Game three, the NBA Finals is tomorrow night. That series is tied up at a game apiece. That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, four hours of paying starts right now. Busy, busy, busy, trying to budge my time to get everything in on the four hours that they give us first phone call I always have time for you, Just like Jello.
Speaker 2: It just slides right down. There's always room for a first phone call. Seven one three, the most interactive show on the radio starts right now, Yes, sir, ninety four or five the bus.
Speaker 1: Switch Foot and Meant to Live. Good morning, rod Ryan's show tat Tuesday. Busy, busy, busy this morning.
Speaker 2: I hope you're up to a great start to your day. Not as much rain, I mean forty.
Speaker 1: Chances, scattered thunderstorms. Some of you are getting it mostly cloudy today. HIGs up around ninety three Home Room, specifically Tim. Tim's got the headline here. He's going for win number five, fresh out of bed, head to Head. We're rooting for him to see if he can get back into the Hall of fame. Can you beat him? All Killer, no filler, don't waste my time this morning. I need a killer in here taking on Tim. I don't want him to lose, but I want him to earn his way in there. I need a killer that's gonna play Fresh out of head Head to Head Live Collective Full tickets for their show August fifteenth, Struts in Dirty Honey. What a great rock show that is? I mean that's just a rock show. September twenty fifth, House of Blues, Sweaty Rock, Dirty Honey Front.
Speaker 2: I've got those tickets for.
Speaker 1: You on the fun Fact Flashback, Big Big Tickets, Today, Man Pit Tickets to Pierce the Veil, and Sleeping with Sirens. At seven to twenty, the Metallica tickets are gonna be given to the winner of the five. It's kind of like the last listener standing out of the five. They're gonna be competing to win those Metallica tickets. Five people on the air at the same time. You can imagine what a nightmare that is. Mo, that's all gonna happen. That's I know, I know what it's all gonna happen.
Speaker 2: At eight twenty this morning, dude, it's.
Speaker 7: That time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 2: Let's have had it, Josh this morning, one of our great We have them all. We got all the Joshes. Hi, good morning's brother Rod. This is just crane operator, Josh.
Speaker 1: Crane operator Josh. Sure they got to identify themselves. There's so many of them. Okay, well, what do you got for us?
Speaker 2: Dude? You got the first phone call today? Brother?
Speaker 5: It seems like I've been sitting on these Metallica Prestale tickets forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah you have.
Speaker 6: I'm so looking forward to Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah you probably had those tickets what five months now?
Speaker 2: Oh at least? Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean it's the thing about Metallica, and it's that you have that little kid quality of yourself right now. It's like you're sitting on.
Speaker 4: It Christmas, you're funding down the day.
Speaker 2: Here's what happened to me.
Speaker 1: Here's what happened to me, Josh. When I was a kid. Everybody knows I'm from up North, I was given a football or nobody ever got a bicycle for Christmas? Why because you have to look at it for three months because it was snow outside.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't want to torture your.
Speaker 1: Children like that, you with outdoor activity things, so you wouldn't get those types of things for Christmas. But if you did get some sort of a foot ball or something, you just sat there and looked at it until it got nice. You know, the weather was nice outside. That's kind of you looking at those Metallica tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, yes, sir.
Speaker 5: And then when you get into portal, you gotta let all your friends and know then you know, like, Hey, I'm I'm in how many tickets them?
Speaker 2: I getting? How many tickets I'm getting? So I bought another person's pair of tickets. So we're going for a wide.
Speaker 1: Oh real, Wow, Listen, I don't have the information on me right now. I know show he's running around doing a bunch of different things. But there's a bunch of things going on with Metallica.
Speaker 4: Yeah this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Kenny, I think I'm nailing that name. Kennya just sent me. There's a fifth member contest. If you already have tickets and you want to sign up on the Metallica website. There's a meet and great opportunity and that's and there's no there's no pay, it's just if they're giving that away. There's also going to be a pop up.
Speaker 4: Shop that's coming to see that.
Speaker 2: And then there's a there's a movie.
Speaker 1: Metallica has a movie and they're showing it like the weekends that they're in town, usually the night before.
Speaker 4: It was like a volunteer opportunity and a blood drive.
Speaker 1: To Okay, so I'm having Chiley put all this on one Metallica blog page. Cool, So we're working on getting all today.
Speaker 2: It's so sweet because I was fix going. I have to tell you.
Speaker 6: I was going to send you an email so you can you can link me today.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well shoot me an email and as soon as he has it up then I'll shoot it over to you.
Speaker 2: Josh, Okay, I appreciate it. Rod and Moe, I'm helping you out right now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, nobody needs to go to eighty eight North through downtown.
Speaker 2: Down by the door.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 3: There was a fatal accident. It's going to be like that for a while.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, Josh, thanks, thank you for the heads up. Dude, see you at the show on Saturday. Okay, someone is going to be added to the stadium show at around eight twenty this morning. Okay, I'll have five of you competing to win those sold out Metallica tickets.
Speaker 2: Don't forget Ditch Day.
Speaker 1: This Friday, between noon and two, you can sign up for.
Speaker 2: A pair of Metallica tickets as well. We will have them to give to somebody right at two o'clock while we are at Cactus Cove for Ditch Day. So I know that's just like we need to add more people, but we want more. We want everybody coming to this day. So it's gonna be a good one.
Speaker 1: So lots of Metallica are third big week giving away sold out tickets.
Speaker 2: Let me take a break, let me come back at reck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of Bed.
Speaker 9: I'm going to Train Your Dragon is the Adventure of the Summer in theaters Friday, Get tickets now of us.
Speaker 4: Rock and altering the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I'm six to ten am. All right, welcome back, everybody.
Speaker 1: Busy, busy Tuesday, not just any Tuesday, but tat Tuesday.
Speaker 2: What's busy is the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: Uh, it is packed today and there's a lot of big, big birthdays.
Speaker 2: Elizabeth Hurley. How old is Elizabeth Hurley?
Speaker 10: Mo?
Speaker 3: I would say fifty four sixty w girl, she's a vampire.
Speaker 1: There is something van pirrick about her. That's got to be the hotest sixty year old on the planet by far. It's ridiculous and it's an achy break. He's not even ruining it for me. He's kind of ruining it for me.
Speaker 2: He's kind of really ruining it for me. Why is she with that guy?
Speaker 1: I'm curious Kate Upton is having a birthday today, so all this stuff. Katie Perry, don't know if you saw somebody jumped up on stage oh with her at her show. She's fine, but you know some over Zealis fan got up there. So that blog page is absolutely packed today.
Speaker 2: What she got over there, that's trendy. D sly Stone is trendy. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sly Stone passed away at the age of eighty two. I did not know sly Stone was still alive.
Speaker 1: I did because there's been a recent documentary around him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that. I didn't realize that it was.
Speaker 6: I thought it was a posthumous.
Speaker 1: Quest Love did the documentary. Oh it's great. It's awesome that guy. I mean he really I think the term genius gets thrown around a little too much.
Speaker 2: I mean it's always used around me. Sly Stone was a Yeah, he was a musical genius.
Speaker 5: Justin Valdoni is trending his four hundred million dollars lassuit against Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds was dismissed by a judge, probably paid off by Blake and Ryan. I would guess the team Justin still uh and then Murray State is trending. They beat Duke last night in a super regionalist to advance to their first college World Series in school history.
Speaker 2: That was trending a night and by the buzz, Happy Iced tea day?
Speaker 4: Everybody, Yes, Happy.
Speaker 2: Is a big argument on our ex at Rod Ryan's show. Iced tea or lemonade?
Speaker 1: What's a better summer drink. That's what they're duking it out with. That's what they're duking it out over on the X at Rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 2: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 11: This is the one they called Kim the French out of bed head to head four day champion. Him like mach Joe Man, like Machyo Man, Randy Savage.
Speaker 2: He's a the Kareem Movies rises to the top.
Speaker 11: Join me tomorrow on Tap Tuesdays as I go for winning number five and get back into the Hall of Team my Bees.
Speaker 2: I want his name all you'll know that foo call me Tim? Can you beat him? It's all right. That's the only person or persons I want calling right now. Is in your mind.
Speaker 1: You have already made up that you're going to beat Tim today. You've heard something, you know where his weakness is. You know how to beat Tim. That's who I want calling right now, seven one three, it's the ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Foo Fighters have some upcoming concerts coming up, not here in the States. They will be got that F one show, Yeah, I think that's in Singapore and I'm seeing a lot of F one Brad Pitt. That movie's coming out, that's it's soon to be released. So who's drumming? We don't know, unless.
Speaker 2: You know, if somebody knows who's drumming, I mean, mo, you love going down these rabbit holes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna find out find.
Speaker 2: Out who's drumming for the Foo Fighters Food Fighters. I would love to know.
Speaker 1: And I really don't think it's gonna be Taylor Hawkin's son, because Taylor, Taylor's son said that he was going to go out with his dad's other side project.
Speaker 2: Chevy Metal, and I think that's gonna keep him busy.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that Taylor's son was an option, but I just don't think he's doing it.
Speaker 2: I just don't think he's the guy. Who is the guy? I have no idea, I really don't. But they've got some shows coming up, and then like very sneaky, they.
Speaker 1: Got a bunch of shows. Actually, I just looked up when they're playing, and their first show is in the UK July twenty sixth.
Speaker 2: They gotta be working with him right now. What are they bringing him in in a tunnel?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 4: Are they Taylor's swifting it?
Speaker 2: How are they getting him to the practice room? You know? All right, guys, you know who doesn't care Tim? He wants to play his game right now, and now.
Speaker 8: It's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to New York Corners.
Speaker 2: I watched name are you know? Come call me Tim? Good morning Tim, Good morning brother roding friends. You know I love you?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, But here I am. I'm saying, hey, I want the best of the best to be the best. You got to beat the best.
Speaker 1: All of those things that you know, those are things that we talked about forever on this show.
Speaker 2: I just said, listen, somebody get in here. I need a killer in here to make Tim earn it. You're one win away from becoming a four time Hall of Famer. That's pretty elite, bro, pretty elite.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And I just want to hear what the hell you're gonna say in your victory speech.
Speaker 2: I just let this guy go. I'm like, okay, I'm go ahead. Well, Rick says that he's got the sauce, he's he's heard something. He knows how to beat you. Rick, is all this true? It is true.
Speaker 12: I've got my killer instincts on this store.
Speaker 2: Okay. So Tim is like the death Star. But there's that one little piece that he's vulnerable, and you know where that is and you know how to get at that, right Rick, Absolutely, Okay, all you got to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Rick, you played a couple of months ago.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 2: Yes, you got speeding on the last questions. Okay, let's see if you learned your lesson. What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: We've had a pair of tickets to see Live and Collective Soul August fifteenth, seven one three Music Hall tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com or just win.
Speaker 2: Okay, Now, Alex, you brought out the Karate Kids CD. I did? You just haven't? Okay, so you just have that ready to.
Speaker 6: Go Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just have.
Speaker 1: You're not predicting, you're not predicting a win. But Karate Kid is ready to go, so is the loser? Okay, Tim? What song are we going to play? You will determine that.
Speaker 2: Ye shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Rick, Are you ready? I am? I know you are, all right, I know Tim's ready? Here we go.
Speaker 1: Question number one? Which home gaming console was?
Speaker 2: Rick? Nintendo? Listen. I like the way you're playing, Bro. You just got to get the answer, right dude. I like that. Yeah, okay, that's what you gotta do. Tim.
Speaker 1: Which home gaming console was Pong? First released on.
Speaker 2: Atari? Yeah? Atari and for.
Speaker 1: The nerds out there, the Atari twenty six hundred and someone's.
Speaker 2: Gonna eail myself. But I had one. I had one too, nice y'all? All right? Uh? Rick, Yeah, stay on the gas pedal Bro. Question number two, Rick and Tim on The Rod Ryan Show, Captain Cash rocks out with his one out, Rick Man, Tim, he rocks out with his stock. Oh yeah, he does. Good bye, Thank you Jesus.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 11: Rick.
Speaker 2: I kind of thought you were a killer today. I do, Nick, next time? All right, I got guys that have played yet. You're telling me that you're gonna be back on with us? Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah. Sure. Lets me on all but anytime I want all right, Rick, readers, get out of here. Great game today, Hey, Tim, let's celebrate you for a minute.
Speaker 1: Oh hell yeah, live collective soul added to the great tickets.
Speaker 2: You've already won. Uh and now with that win, congratulations dude, and it's a big deal. A four time fresh out of bed head to your head, Hall of Famer. Thank you. Sure one morning. I think you.
Speaker 1: Alex gets your jacket or something. I think you gotta be a five.
Speaker 2: Timers to get it to get a road. But you're wonder dude. You're on your way though. All right, Bro, congratulations relief you is it? Relief? What happens right now?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I get to ship back and yeah, okay, guys, you're supposed to be having.
Speaker 1: Fun, but I get it gets a little stressful, Tim, great game today, Bro, Congratulations, Thank you, sir. Okay tomorrow Fresh Fish The Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Good morning on the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the Buzz Disturbed and I will not break.
Speaker 2: Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. Congratulations to Tim becoming a four time Hall of Famer. I'll tell you what I mean.
Speaker 1: You guys know, I record these speeches and normally I kind of like feed the people lines, you know, for their speeches. Tim says, I got it every time he's like and we never know what's gonna come out of his effort.
Speaker 8: A fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 6: Good morning everyone, and this is the one they call Tim.
Speaker 11: You're fresh out of bed head to head Hall of Famer number seven. And like Al Shirvik said in the movie Caddy Shack, hey everybody, we're gonna get laid join me at the end of the year. It's the tournament champions that I try to win the whole damn thing.
Speaker 2: My bees, we just sit here and hold our breath, like, what is he gonna say?
Speaker 4: He never lets us down though.
Speaker 2: All right, well, we need some brand new players tomorrow. Whether you've been waiting thirty days or you're one of these guys that's blowing me up every day that can't get through on the lines.
Speaker 1: Let's get going, all right, let's get going. There's seven people in the Hall of Fame right now. We'll play tomorrow when somebody could be out with us for another five days.
Speaker 2: It's the fuck that's the day we make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the Fu's to the day, all right. I brought up some new fun facts for you guys today. What did you grow up on weird Al Yankovic?
Speaker 4: No, but I'm aware of who is?
Speaker 2: You're aware of him? Yeah? He was kind of hard to avoid. He was kind of everywhere paradise. Yeah, so that's funny that you say that one. Uh huh, you think that's the most popular one. Yankovic has only one top ten single. If that's the one that you heard of, Yeah, you probably think that's the most popular one, right, That peaked at number fifty three. What did you say? Eat It? Eat It?
Speaker 1: Made it all the way to number twelve in nineteen eighty four. Weirdo Yankovic. His only top ten single was for the parody for the song Riding by Chamillionaire White and Nerdy.
Speaker 2: Nerdy made it.
Speaker 1: To number nine in two thousand and six. Must have been a slow week.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say the same thing about was bad.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, yeah, White and Nerdy is not even close to his best song. It was his highest chart topper, though, I don't know cool or incredibly sad elephants They grow six different sets of teeth.
Speaker 2: In their lives. Once the six ones fall out, they just die of starvation. That is why.
Speaker 4: Why can't they have seven?
Speaker 2: No? Why? That's it?
Speaker 1: Baby Jesus said, I'm giving you six sets my teeth, and that's it.
Speaker 2: You've eaten enough, you've been You've been around long enough. Now they do live a long time. Elephants are around a while. But yeah, they're just like they're falling coming away. Finally, your final fun? Fa was it? That was sad? I'm sorry this one diet Pepsi isn't vegan. Check it out.
Speaker 1: Pepsi will not say what animal ingredient it uses that keeps it from being vegan because it's quote, commercially sensitive information.
Speaker 2: What is in there?
Speaker 4: That's all I want to know.
Speaker 3: I'm devoting my life to find me.
Speaker 2: The Foo Fighter drummer first.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I'm on it.
Speaker 2: Then find me the supreme ingredient. Please. It's the fun.
Speaker 4: Back to the day.
Speaker 2: We make you look smart?
Speaker 4: What the fuck the day?
Speaker 2: Okay? What you got over there?
Speaker 3: We got a pair of tickets for you to see The Struts live special guests Dirty Honey, September twenty fifth, House of Blues tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, at your I never stated this yesterday.
Speaker 1: I never put these two dudes together, let alone in the same room, let alone. Apparently they became pals. Uh, these two guys. I need to know both guys because it's a good ticket here. They once took a DNA test to see if they were related.
Speaker 2: They were not related, but they were pals.
Speaker 1: Seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 2: It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. All right, there's my guy, he's on the phone. Hey, Captain Cash, brother.
Speaker 1: Rod, I once took a DNA test just to see we were related. And some people have said, because I, you know, I look like a Cash guy.
Speaker 4: For sure, I'm not.
Speaker 1: We're not related high house, not even all right, So I know how we did on our DNA test.
Speaker 2: Not good for me. But how'd you do on Wall Street? Yesterday?
Speaker 13: It was a mixed down Wall Street. The Dow was down one point. Kick out this morning at forty two thousand and seven sixty one. NASDAC gained sixty one points to nineteen thousand and five ninety one. Bench mark ten year Treasury is trading at a four point four to five percent, and an oil stands at sixty five dollars sixty five cents of barrow. Two of the most actives the big studs Boeing, Amazon and Walt Disney. The big duds Travelers, Nike and Apple. The economic calendar this morning. It's all clear right now, futures throw on the downside. Now, come on, let's turn this deabu arounerrand that's it. I'm out here.
Speaker 2: This is how Land manage a director with Raymond James Porty for the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 13: So if Raymond James on, Sam Philippin and the Gusta and don't forget to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 7: Aman's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James Associates. Income Ever nat As, ibt I art Radio or AT sponsors. Information is Maston sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteeds, no sharance, transmiss We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your because programs are educational and informational services, not the sties it does are based on movement.
Speaker 4: As reported by.
Speaker 1: Yeah the Finance ninety four or five, the buzz Welcome back, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Sure is good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who we got here? Daniel, bob Kiz? How you doing, sir?
Speaker 1: So great dude. I got a great ticket to give to the person with the correct answer I said yesterday. I never ever put these two guys together. Apparently they took a DNA test to see if they were related. They were not, but they did become great friends. Who am I talking about?
Speaker 2: That'd be Warren and Jimmy Buffett. Yeah, spell their name the same way everything. Now there was a big age gap between them. Warren Buffett is now ninety four.
Speaker 1: Jimmy passed away into twenty twenty three at seventy six. All right, Alex likes to call them Warren Buffet and Jimmy Buffet, but you but that's wrong.
Speaker 2: They did not pronounce it buffet.
Speaker 4: You need?
Speaker 2: What are you giving? Daniel? Daniel?
Speaker 3: You're going to see the Strats live with special guests, Dirty Honey. September twenty fifth, House of Blues. Congratulations, my friend.
Speaker 4: Awesome, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Daniel, great job in homeroom today. Thank you for joining us.
Speaker 1: Dark and early in the morning forty chances scattered thunderstorms. Looks like our best chance of reign is going to be on the drive home today four to five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Mostly cloudy throughout the day, highs of around ninety three mo. You got Houston's.
Speaker 4: Headlines, I do, sir.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump has sent two thousand more National Guard troops to LA, raising the federally ordered force on the city streets to more than forty one hundred. Immigration raid protests are entering the fourth day today, and the Pentagon has also deployed about seven hundred marines to shield federal buildings and immigration agents. California called the move an overreach, and they sued the government, and the LA mayor said last night the immigration raids in her city were necessary.
Speaker 2: It's out of control over there. I'm just going to say that this stuff.
Speaker 1: I do not like seeing that stuff happen here. I don't like seeing it anywhere, but not here. Like people are they do not act the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. Oh, it's awful.
Speaker 3: Southern Baptist leaders will gather in Dallas this week to vote on a new set of resolutions. The measures ask lawmakers to ban pornography, roll back the Supreme Court's approval of same sex marriage and limit sports betting. They also push policies that encourage families to have more children.
Speaker 4: Inside the church.
Speaker 3: Overall membership keeps slipping, but recent baptism numbers have ticked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got some lofty goals over there too.
Speaker 3: They got a lot to work on today or this week. Hey, today is National Iced Tea Day.
Speaker 4: So the debate Alex Brown.
Speaker 2: Iced tea, icy it's the drink days.
Speaker 5: I know that this is perfect.
Speaker 4: Alex is icye. The best summer beverage is a question?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, the holes up on X at rod Ryan Show, Icy or lemonade?
Speaker 4: Who you got?
Speaker 2: It's seventy two votes? Okay, what do you think.
Speaker 4: I'm going to guess? Iced tea tied?
Speaker 3: No way, it's a deadlock tie right now, I'm a lemonade girl.
Speaker 2: Iced tea has been in the lead, Icedy the beverage, Alex clarifying iced tea was in the lead by a bit.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's at fifty to fifty. Our pole question, happy National Iced Tea Day? What's a better summer drink? And I'm only giving you those two options. I thought about putting soda in there long, But those are the two goats.
Speaker 4: Right, what's yours?
Speaker 1: I would prefer a lemonade over an iced tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lemonade, But when I think about summer beverages, I think there's a lot out there.
Speaker 1: I have to control the sweetness of my lemonade, though a super sweet lemonade is not good for me.
Speaker 4: No, I don't want to have to pick it off my teeth.
Speaker 2: What else is in the discussion with summer drinks?
Speaker 3: Soda is obviously beers, Mohitos, slushies, Gatorade.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Coconut water is on this list, cold brew, I don't know. Iced ty Happy National ic Tea Day. If you could pick one movie dad to be yours, who you got?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Father's Day? Sunday movie Day?
Speaker 3: I don't want you to forget everyone. Father's Day is Sunday. The list of some of the best dads in movie history has been compiled. Chevy Chase is on there from the Vacation series.
Speaker 2: Clark is the best Dad Trying.
Speaker 3: Robin Williams is on there from Missus Doubtfire, Bruce Willis's character from Armageddon. But the number one on this list, I kind of get it. It's Liam Neeson's character in Taken.
Speaker 2: You know that? Yeah, you saw it Taken?
Speaker 4: I did forever change from that movie.
Speaker 2: How many people did that guy killed for his daughter? I know? The dad I mean he, I guess is easy number one on the list.
Speaker 3: But Robin Williams and Missus Doutfire's number three on the list. Is that the dad you would choose? No, there was a lot that came with that.
Speaker 1: Nicholas Cage, Conair, Will Smith give me happiness.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna need the bunny. He's bringing that bunny to his daughter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Will Smith is not on the list. Who did you say, uh, Nicholas Cage?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they played Cameron Poe. Is that his name in Conair? I think so. It's a pretty great dad.
Speaker 4: Oh he's on here, number thirteen on the list.
Speaker 2: And that's the song.
Speaker 4: That song.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's the Leeann rhymes or the other one Leeann Womack.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it two chicks fighting over that song?
Speaker 4: I'm going to stick to my own father.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey for this music story? Can I talk about Metallica?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: You want to talk? Do you have the Metallica stuff? Yes?
Speaker 3: Chili and I have been working this morning to get some stuff up.
Speaker 4: I know I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Throw you for a loop, but we're only a few days away from the sold out Metallica show at Energy and the band has this full blown Metallica takeover going on this weekend.
Speaker 4: So Chili helped me get all of this info up.
Speaker 3: Online Thebuzz dot Com. There's a chance for you to interim, meet and greet on the website as well. Yeah, I think is pretty freaking cool.
Speaker 1: Somebody just sent me this and I think all you have to do is summoning up through Metallica dot com become a member. I don't know that it's a charge. I just think you need they want, you know, they want your email.
Speaker 3: Address you posted it online. And also everything going on in town for the takeover. So Friday night, the night before the show, you can go straight from Ditch Day at Cactus Cove to watch a sneak peak of their latest film project. It's called Metallica Save My Life. They have a couple of showings for that. The pop up shop. I know everyone's excited for that. Friday and Saturday it's open, so we've got the link for that. Also, If you are interested in joining fellow Metallica fans to volunteer on Friday, link for that or donate blood, which actually starts today at in RG Stadium ten to four. They do not mess around when they come into town. Full blown takeover and we've got all the details online. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: Take it Alex, So we asked you if you're back in action tonight, They're gonna open up a three games series with the White Sox at Diiking park Lands.
Speaker 2: The Colors will be on the mount for detri is going up.
Speaker 5: It's Chicago's Shane Smith first pitches at sevent ten.
Speaker 2: You can listen to it on.
Speaker 5: Our sister station's Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 6: To ninety and News Radio seven to forty KTRH.
Speaker 5: In hockey, the Panthers bought the Oilers six to one in Game three at the Stanley Cup Final last night to take a two to one series lead. Edmonton had fifteen minor penalties and then some game misconducts after a braw broke out in the third period of added up to eighty five total minutes of penalties in the game for the Oilers.
Speaker 2: In total, If you combine the two teams penalties.
Speaker 5: It was over one hundred and five minutes, which was the most penalty minutes in a game since nineteen eighty six. And then you had Brad Marshawn and Sam Bennett becoming the first players or just the second pair of teammates to score in all three of the first games of the Stanley Cup Final like teammates doing it, just the second pair ever to score in every one of the first three games.
Speaker 2: The refs got so fed up, like guys were just like popping other guys in the face, and they let it go.
Speaker 5: We got hot, man, because yeah, as long as it was like egregious, They're like, you know what, we kicked out like we had to have enough to feel the game the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they kicked out like half of each team team. Yeah, no, every time the puck.
Speaker 5: I mean just it was getting chippy and both very physical teams to those physical teams in the NHL.
Speaker 2: And you thought of showing yesterday you thought a fight was gonna break out every three minutes. Yeah. It was awesome though. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they're gonna play a game four of that series on Thursday night. Game through the NBA Finals will be tomorrow night. That series is tied up at a game apiece. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 4: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 2: Okay ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Nirvana, Come as you are, Welcome to the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you for sticking with us. If you're just joining us, Wakey, Wakey, hands off those Cupcakey's Happy tat Tuesday.
Speaker 2: We got rain later today.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a pesty chance of it all throughout the day, but for the drive home, it looks like you could get up to about a forty fifty chance of scattered thunderstorms, mostly cloudy today.
Speaker 2: Hies up around ninety three. We haven't heard some traffic copter Gym in a while. He's a two time Hall of Famer. He's a sock shoe sock shoe guy. He says, tell mode to stop the search. He knows who the drummer is for the Foo Fighters. Tell me, he says, it's Meg White. Now, Alex, I know you're a big white stripes guy. Meg White does not possess the drumming skills. I do know that just is not a great drummer, perfect stepping out. She cannot handle the workload of the Foo Fighter catalog. I'm sorry, she just can't go watch.
Speaker 6: Maybe she can, though, go watch.
Speaker 2: Her drum and you will see what I'm talking about. She was just perfect for the simple beats needed for the white Stripe songs. It was some pretty basic drumming going on there, and that's pretty much what Jack wanted. I don't think that's a true fact, but Jim did say stay rock hut. Thanks.
Speaker 4: He gets it, he gets you, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: This hour, we got great tickets pit passes to pierce the Veil, which is going to be on Thursday night, the I can't hear you tour Sleeping with Sirens and beach weather. So if you want to go and just like tack on this to this already great weekend here in Houston, I got pit passes coming up for you.
Speaker 2: On the flip of the brake, we'll send you up to the Woodlands. Now.
Speaker 1: I did want to just touch upon this Metallica situation. You and Chili were able to kind of put this blog page together and it's a it's a one stop shop for everything that's happening. Metallica has kind of taken over the city here. They have it's but it just also adds to the hugeness of Metallica. And hey, Metallica is in town. It's a big event. So what are some of the other fun things that are happening other than the sold out show, which we're going to give you a chance to win tickets at A twenty four.
Speaker 2: But what else can we people do?
Speaker 3: They enticed with the option of a meet and greet, and so I'm looking into this. All you have to do, if you're not already, is become a fifth member so part of their fan club. It's free, easy, you create an account and then you can register for the meet and greet before the concert and then starting today, the.
Speaker 4: Very first event kicks off. They're doing a blood drive.
Speaker 3: Today NRG it's ten to four and it's with the Red Cross and they also have another date on the thirteenth. The thirteenth is when everything is popping off.
Speaker 1: I hate to put you on the spot with this blood drive thing, but is there anything metallic.
Speaker 4: Eccentric ooh about the blood drive?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good question. You know that they are sponsoring it. You know, it's a good deed.
Speaker 3: You know, usually when you do a blood drive, they give you like a T shirt or something. I wonder if they have like snacks or T shirts.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm wondering, Yeah, if there was anything involved with that.
Speaker 4: So I have the blood drive link on the page as well. Okay, so maybe they have something on there.
Speaker 2: Maybe somebody can go and check that out for Yeah, let.
Speaker 3: Us know the food bank volunteering. They've got that going on if you are into volunteering on Friday, and then the movie premiere is something everyone's pretty excited about. If you want to go on Friday evening and see their latest film project, They've got the times and the location for that.
Speaker 2: Now the pop up shop, I'm just gonna warn you now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well two things I told you that. I just went to go see ac DC another one of these type, one of these type of like you know, huge stadium type bands. ACDC did a pop up shop, and I think there was more than one in Vegas, but at least we saw the one that was attached to our hotel. It was a two hour away to go and buy merchandise. What do you think, James Headfield, is there like checking.
Speaker 2: You out behind the register. No, it's just people.
Speaker 1: Were waiting two hours to buy merchandise Metallica merchandise. Isn't there another marketing genius band. They've got great merch and they put their day, you know, like kiss. They slapped their name on a lot of cool different things. I remember the last time they did a pop up shop.
Speaker 2: I was actually out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you get anything?
Speaker 1: They had slapped their name on a couple and I think we gave way. Did we give away some coolers? And I don't want to I don't want them to speak, but it was I think they were yetty Metallicate, like four hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: I mean they were awesome.
Speaker 4: I met you, sold out, people were buying.
Speaker 2: Oh, so this is my warning to you, which I was dealing with the record label on this, and I was out there in an official capacity saying, hey, come on down to the merch shop, blah blah blah, maybe doing some call ins or whatever, you know, doing an actual appearance. When I talked to the dude from the label.
Speaker 1: When it was all said and done, they sold more merch in Houston they had the biggest register taally in Houston than any of the stores, that's including.
Speaker 2: Their hometown of San Francisco. Yeah, more people bought merch in Houston.
Speaker 4: Crazy lot.
Speaker 3: So just plan mentally prepare for a few days that the pop up is open. Yeah, so you can plan your time all day, like ten to seven or something. I've got all the details on the website. Look, I found the American Red Cross t shirts that's say metallic on them, So there is there is a t shirt.
Speaker 4: It says, well supplies last.
Speaker 3: Let me just say that you can also schedule your donation. So if you schedule a time to go to Energy today to donate blood.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, good collab between Chili and you.
Speaker 4: So much going on.
Speaker 2: Getting that blog page up.
Speaker 1: So it's a one stop shop on the world famous Rod Ryan show page at thebuzz dot com. Listen, I want some metallic emerged too. And you know the lines are going to be ridiculous at the show. So if you have the time, go to the pop up shop.
Speaker 2: You know if you if you do, you don't want to be missing anything. It drives me crazy.
Speaker 1: You guys in these lines for two hours at the show and you're missing both opening bands you want to see Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies, Right all right, head over to the Rodin Ryan show page at the Buzz dot com. We got pit passes to pierce the bail after this.
Speaker 9: I Train Your Dragon is the adventure of the summer in theaters Friday. Get tickets now, Rock and Alternative us to the Rod Ryan.
Speaker 2: Morning Show six to ten am. The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz that's us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh huh, good morning everybody. Big tickets the next couple of hours. Uh mos gonna get you in the pit for a show Thursday night, and then we're gonna talk even more Metallica as we've got sold out tickets for you. We're gonna play the five game. We'll be getting ready for that in about an hour from now. But all that Metallica information, MO just went through it all. I mean, it's a true Metallica like is taking over Houston. Uh And there's a blood Drive as soon as today, right, yes, energy.
Speaker 2: So if you wanted a one of those blood Drive Metallica t shirts, wild supplies last, Yeah, while supplies last is clutch clutch with that all right?
Speaker 1: So scattered thunderstorms expected about a fifty percent chance. The best chance is going to be coming, probably for your drive home. Alex trending sly Stone on the music blog page. I know we're talking about some other stories and we're talking a lot of Metallica, but sly and the Family Stone were such an important band and the guy behind it, the genius was sly Stone and combining all the different types of music that he did, whether it was funk and gospel and rock and soul, then combining men and women in the band, then combining skin colors. He was just ahead of his time. Yeah, he was ahead of his time. And I want to say, Questlove did a documentary recently and you don't even have to know anything about sly and the Family Stone. You watch this documentary and you're gonna realize what a genius he was. So he passed away, and I see that's like one of the number one trending face out.
Speaker 2: Three years old.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so ourrip the slidestone tattooesday also trending. Oh, people checking out Black Angel, who is submitted to us by our buddy Los Magnificoce Carlos shout out to him. People checking her out the world famished Rod Ride and showpage at the Buzz dot com. And then also trending is the Stanley Cup Final. We talked about that already, but we got a sports blog page today. If you are to see the brawl that broke out in the third gid. If you don't care about hockey, just go watch all the fights. There was one fight to fight through. Every time I mean you were looking up, there was another fight breaking out.
Speaker 2: But at one point every player on the ice was fighting. All of them were fighting.
Speaker 5: And then the Panthers were already winning big, so they were just celebrating in the box the whole time. Over one hundred and five minutes of penalties in last night's game, the most in a game since nineteen eighty six. But yeah, Stanley Cup Finals, what people were talking about this morning. This is trending on night call by the Buzz.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you our pole question.
Speaker 1: Lemonade has never overtaken ice tea ever and our favorite summer drink. Now it is National Iced Tea Day, but it was a tie. Now it's fifty five forty five. Iced tea has the edge the drink, not the wrapper.
Speaker 2: I know that or actor.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no song about it. I see it. So, oh, I'll find one, uh fifty five to forty five. So our poll question is on the x at rod Ryan Show. And like I said, you got tickets in the pit Thursday.
Speaker 3: Night, Thursday night, what are you doing? We want you there in the pit in the woodlands, pierce the veil.
Speaker 4: It's there. I can't hear you tour. I have to just we call her ten right now? Seven one, three?
Speaker 2: All right, do it?
Speaker 1: Most said, get yourself in the pit, start your weekend a little early Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Here's three doors down at Kryptonite ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. All right. Alex said that that tat Tuesday link is trending. I haven't checked it out yet.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of good stuff for you on the world famous rod Ryanshow page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 2: I did see we're working again tomorrow with the Texas Hammer. You kidding me? Ooh, we need hammer pictures. You got a hammer in the house.
Speaker 4: Of course, I'm sure my husband does.
Speaker 2: You don't have a little pink hammer set. I do not know.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, it doesn't matter what it is, what kind of hammer it is. I believe one year Alex took a picture with an MC hammer cassette and it counted.
Speaker 2: It counted. We got money for that. We got money for that.
Speaker 1: All the information of us working with the Texas Hammers tomorrow, they are offering us up five thousand dollars if we can get enough of you. This chili has the specifics on links and guests. I can't remember exactly how many people we need. We need a lot, though, Like we need a lot of people. So we're gonna get money per person holding a hammer.
Speaker 2: And whatever it is. We can get five thousand dollars tomorrow to buy some more backpacks. So the Texas Hammers, like I said.
Speaker 1: They're like the first two dudes to raise their hand when we're doing these different things. We have a lot of people like that actually that you know, they're just okay, Oh you're doing a golf tournament. Okay, we're in. Oh you're doing this, Okay, we're in, Oh raising money for backpacks. Oh you're trying to raise money for MD Anderson. Okay, we're in. And we're so lucky to have the partners that we have. You know, these are people that obviously they advertise on the radio station, but they're like, they're like awesome people that are like pals of ours. Now, so we want to have a good showing tomorrow. I'm just pre warning you I need pictures because this is one of those things that you could.
Speaker 2: Do ahead of time.
Speaker 1: You know, do your homework. Everyone has homework today.
Speaker 2: I need to kind of look at it like that, and then we'll post tomorrow because I'll take my hammer picture today after work, after school, after work, I'll take my hammer picture and then I'll have it ready to go for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So start thinking about that. We're gonna need you tomorrow to try to help us out with some backpacks. All right, thank you to our friends, mister Jim and Bill Adler. Let me go over to the phones here. Good morning, Lorna.
Speaker 2: Well hello, who's this Daniel?
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, Daniel, your color number ten?
Speaker 2: All right, what would you hook up? Daniel? Please?
Speaker 4: Daniel, it's your lucky day.
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of pit passes for you to see pierce the veil on Thursday night in the Woodlands.
Speaker 2: You have close shoes, yeah, close, you can handle the pit. Daniel yes, sir, Yes, they're sure.
Speaker 4: What about work on Friday, how's that going to be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, tell Ryan's coming in.
Speaker 3: I'm coming down with something. Daniel has time of your life. Make sure you send us pictures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're in the pan. You have to.
Speaker 1: Don't say oh yeah, like you're not going to do it. All right, I'm gonna harass you now. All right, I want to picture you with pierced the veil over your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Okay, dude, all right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. Daniel, let me or iced tea.
Speaker 1: Happy National icedyday, iced tea all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the most popular answer. All right, thank you, Daniel. Hang on, all right. I think we got the right guy there for the pit.
Speaker 4: I'm pumped for him.
Speaker 1: People were talking about their navigation skills. I'd love to sit here and just tell you guys that I'm awesome at everything. I can honestly tell you my navigation skills. If I didn't have the GPS, if I didn't have the phone, I'm not good.
Speaker 2: I get turned around downtown. I feel embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Intown's hard. It shouldn't be, it is.
Speaker 1: I just I just don't Maybe go down there enough. I can get to the stadium.
Speaker 2: I can get to Minute may Or. I'm sorry, dyke In Park. I can get to dike In Park from any direction, No, not every direction.
Speaker 1: If I was coming from Sugarland, I might be stuck. I get turned around downtown. I'm embarrassed. It's downtown Houston, in my city that I've lived for almost twenty two years. The GPS, I mean, cell phones have made it so that no one remembers anybody's phone number anymore.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, you can't anymore.
Speaker 4: You can't spell.
Speaker 2: You have to be like, hey, give me my phone. Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I certainly lived in the time where you had to pick somebody up from the airport.
Speaker 2: And you didn't have a cell phone. Can you imagine you had to wait? What did you do?
Speaker 1: You had I'll tell you what you had to do. You had to land. Then you had to go to a payphone and call your buddy and they were at home. What yeah, Or if they had a cell phone but you didn't have GPS or whatever, you've had a flip phone or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you call their phone and you have to tell them what you're wearing.
Speaker 6: You just drop a pen and boom.
Speaker 2: There was you couldn't drop a pin from a payphone.
Speaker 1: So it's hard to even imagine not being on a phone with somebody and like no, no, I'm over here.
Speaker 2: I'm over here since right.
Speaker 1: But GPS has kind of made it so we are absolutely useless without maps. This is how long I've been here. I get off the plane first. Co host Pam Kelly said, key map. You got to get to a key map place. There were key map stores all over Houston and that's how you navigated. You had a key map a paper binder in.
Speaker 2: Your car to get around town. I remember delivering pizzas with like map quests.
Speaker 4: Map Quest had to print them out. That's what we did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, at the end of like a week and done a bunch of shifts. There would just be tons of.
Speaker 1: Ye So before map Quest you would have to go to the American Automobile Club. I don't even know what Triple ah, you'd go to Triple A.
Speaker 3: Yes, I remember that you're on vacation.
Speaker 2: Like road trips would get it all. It's called a trip tick. Oh.
Speaker 4: Yes, It's like a big packet of steps.
Speaker 1: So she would put the thing together where you're going, like let's just say you're going all the way down, Like, let's say you're going to it. You're going from here to going to destined, Florida. She would highlight, highlight, highlight traffic here, highlight there's construction here, highlight highlight, here's a hotel. Yeah, and then you would be so excited when you were when you were traveling somewhere that oh my god, we're flipping the page.
Speaker 2: We're flipping the page.
Speaker 3: Wow, my kids will never know anything about the struggle.
Speaker 5: If you missed something you didn't like your GPS, now, well you can just take this side turns all the way back to exit at that one exit.
Speaker 1: It knows we're dumb, Like, okay, we know you miss your turn. We know these humans are dumb. They need turn by turn directions and they're going to probably miss a few, so we're gonna have to reroute and do everything else.
Speaker 2: Do you know north?
Speaker 6: And like, right now, do you know where north is?
Speaker 2: Okay, hang on a second, I think I do.
Speaker 3: I think I do, because the north is towards the woodlands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you got to think what way you're facing right now in the building.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to We don't have windows.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say that's I'm pointing straight front of me. I am fate my face. I think my face is facing north.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think so too. Downtown I'm terrible at this.
Speaker 3: Downtown is west, No, Downtown is east, yeah, because west would be towards like the Postoke Hotel.
Speaker 4: Over this way, yeah, this way north.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is north though, I think this is okay.
Speaker 1: Thirty seven percent of people say that they would be good with just without turn by turn GPS directions. Thirty seven percent of people say they are good with just getting directions to getting to.
Speaker 2: Places like apocalypse. I don't believe it. I really don't.
Speaker 4: I don't trust myself.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it. I think that we have. You know, when you have something that takes over that section of your brain, I think that that area goes.
Speaker 4: Dead you move on.
Speaker 2: I think it goes dead, like whatever part of my brain that used to remember phone numbers, it's just going garments.
Speaker 3: You didn't feel it with something else, and I don't think there's anything.
Speaker 2: It didn't replace it with anything.
Speaker 1: It's just there's an area of my brain that's completely dead, used to that used to hold all the phone numbers that I knew.
Speaker 2: It's not there anymore.
Speaker 4: Sorry for your loss.
Speaker 2: It's just I feel like we're losing chunks of our brain.
Speaker 4: I don't know, and other things are we dead?
Speaker 2: Like memes? We have means.
Speaker 6: That's where most of my brain is edicated.
Speaker 2: To the part of your brain that harbors all your means, your memes, that's the most rotten part of your brain. Okay, somebody say the best that is the rottenist part of your brain. Okay. And all those gifts and that folder of gifts up there, your.
Speaker 4: Movie quotes my word.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, no, that's important.
Speaker 4: That it's important. Y'all are dead in the brain.
Speaker 2: That's that's how guys survived talking. That's it, dumb and dumber movie quotes to each other.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Somebody activities. Nobody activities.
Speaker 1: Here's the Offspring Gotta Get Away ninety four or five, The Buzz Good b.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Oh, thank you so much for having us on on this tat Tuesday, Mo. Apparently you do have a pink hammer at your house.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, my husband texted me so fast.
Speaker 2: You flat out told me no, there was no, I go.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, I don't own tools.
Speaker 1: Like well, I gotta go find a hammer like it. Don't you have like a pink one or something. She's like, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: And then your husband sends you a picture of your kid with a pink hammer.
Speaker 3: Pink camer pink hard hat, and toolbats I didn't even know existed.
Speaker 2: All right, Tomorrow is thanks Fame. Tomorrow is the Texas Hammer Day. We're gonna need you, guys.
Speaker 1: You all have homework to do today unless you can scramble tomorrow morning. But I want you to get ahead of this. Just hang onto your hammer picture.
Speaker 2: But I need a picture of you, a selfie of you and a hammer tomorrow on the show to help us raise money for backpacks.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Morning Show, six am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five Buzz. Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Thank you for being up early with us. Mostly cloudy, scattered thunderstorms.
Speaker 1: There's a chance like kind of throughout the day, it looks like it may rain on us or may rain on you guys on the drive home.
Speaker 2: Four five o'clock looks to be our best chance of rain coming back.
Speaker 1: Next hour is the five game for sold out Metallica tickets. Five of you will be on the air competing against one another to try to win those sold out tickets to Metallica. There's a great link up all things going on Metallica. There's a lot of things happening around town. There's a blood drive, there's a pop up shop, there's a movie, there's a chance to meet the band, there's an opportunity. Chili and Moe kind of collabed and they put together like a one stop shop for all things Metallica. And then good luck to the five of you. They're gonna be playing with us next hour to win those sold out tickets. Will continue to give away tickets every day this week.
Speaker 4: Good morning, mo, Good morning people.
Speaker 2: Acting a full out in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: Does the kind of a while, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: And Donald Trump has sent two thousand more National Guard troops to LA, raising the federally ordered force on city streets to more than forty one hundred as immigration raid protests enter a fourth day. The Pentagon also deployed about seven hundred marines to shield federal buildings and immigration agents. California called the move an overreach, and they sued the government and the LA mayor said last night that the immigration raids in her city were unnecessary. Yesterday, the Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior, made a big change by removing all seventeen members of the CDC's Vaccine Advisory Group.
Speaker 2: Fired them.
Speaker 3: Yes, he claimed, the committee has been quote plagued with persistent conflict of interests and has become a little more than a rubber stamp for any vaccine unquote. The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices still plans to meet later this month.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I'd like to see what the salaries were those people they were making. Those people are making big box. They lost their jobs.
Speaker 4: Just like that, they did.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: All right, think about this next one. The average American gets only twenty minutes to themselves every day. Twenty minutes. You've got family obligations, you've got work commitments, you've got financial constraints, you've got social obligations, and you have guilt all in the way of adults enjoying any free time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kid parties?
Speaker 4: Yes, so how much?
Speaker 2: Okay, we invited ourselves idea.
Speaker 3: How much is it worth to you for a day of complete freedom?
Speaker 2: It's weird when people put like numbers.
Speaker 4: I number I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: I get it that.
Speaker 1: It's valuable, and I get the people don't get the free time that they want. Nobody is shelling out two grand for twenty minutes of free time. But it does put a number to it where it shows how much we are doing, yes, and we are not getting the free time that we that we want.
Speaker 3: Yes, And it's saying parents would pay even more, up to four thousand dollars for complete freedom for the entire day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that one person would pay that.
Speaker 3: No, but I'd get so much done. But I feel like I wouldn't just sit around.
Speaker 2: But I feel like a real number. Okay, So what what was the last number you just gave out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like three six hundred and sixty eight is the average an American parent would pay for one day of total freedom.
Speaker 4: It's almost four thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could just live like chili for a day, Chili chili for a day. What would you pay chili for a day? What would you pay to be chili for a day?
Speaker 4: Miss Christina's cooking for it. A couple hundred dogs are looking as toes watching.
Speaker 1: Blue Bloods again with an oscillating fan blowing on me on the couch.
Speaker 2: That's the dream. Ringing the bell, ringing the bell.
Speaker 14: There's no bell, ringing the bell when I got thirsty, I'm hungry that sweet lady.
Speaker 4: You know, ly's laughing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might pay a lot for that chili. Four thousand dollars chili. Is there a bell? Yes, that's a bell. Guy, I do not know.
Speaker 4: At first, I would.
Speaker 9: Also yap, could not handle my Life's just let.
Speaker 4: Me, y'all know that I would handle it so well.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's hard.
Speaker 4: Let's trade for a day.
Speaker 2: It's difficult, stressful.
Speaker 4: Let's trade stressful.
Speaker 2: Good. You're the most stress free guy I know. Whenever, y'all gotta figure out what show I'm watching next? Oh my god, the batteries went out in the remote. Ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Do you watch Breaking Bad Chili?
Speaker 3: If you do, don't visit the house from the show. The house is in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and the owner is not friendly.
Speaker 4: Recently, she was.
Speaker 3: Featured an influencer went to like show her side of this whole story, and this lady is spending her day yelling at fans don't get too close and spraying folks with a water hose. The artists fenced off. She's been getting upset that people stand on the sidewalk or even on the public street. She put the house on the market, try and get rid of it for four million dollars. No one's budgeting.
Speaker 2: It's not a four million dollar homes.
Speaker 4: It's the most famous address in Albuquerque.
Speaker 2: They say, now the family.
Speaker 6: Don't disagree with that family.
Speaker 2: What's the what's the house of San Francisco? The show Full House, Full House, Full House, now the full House House. I bet you that's over four million dollars.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, San Francisco. There's also the one if in Sex and the City.
Speaker 3: It's like the townhouse that everyone likes to get the pictures on the steps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you buy that place, you know what you're getting into.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 2: People would tell pizzas on the roof of it.
Speaker 5: That did that in Breaking Bad And so then that's when she started fencing off all this stuff, and like that would be annoying. Yes, after the twenty seventh time somebody tried to throw.
Speaker 2: Pizza in your roof.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then all day when you're just hanging out and then I get it.
Speaker 2: But watch the video, it seems like this is this woman's full time job now chasing people out of her front yard, which she can't work. She's just out there guarding her home. I'm working with a host.
Speaker 5: Word.
Speaker 4: Maybe lower the price and you could sell it. Sun's coming out Drowning Pool.
Speaker 3: They're going to mark the twenty fifth birthday of their hit debut album Center with a deluxe re release. It's happening early next year. In a new interview, they explained that the group dug through storage found old tapes, old home videos, posters, and unfinished songs featuring the late singer Dave Williams. The package is inspected to include it cleaned up demo tracks, early versions of some of the songs, including a Beatles cover of day Tripper. The band also plans a tribute to her. Those are Houston's.
Speaker 1: Headlines, Tanya says, Rod, now you know why we're sitting in our cars in our driveway.
Speaker 4: Can you make fun of us this week that we won our minute?
Speaker 2: You're talking about Americans only get twenty minutes to themselves every day. She's like, now you know why take it back, Rock. We pull up, get in our driveway and don't get out of our car. We're trying to get extra minutes in that Chili life style. Okay, all right, thank you, Tanya. What he got over there. Sports Games, gas crews, you're back in action tonight.
Speaker 5: They're gonna open up a three games series with the White Sox at Dike in park Landsbow colors will be on the mound for the Stros, going up against Chicago's Shane Smith.
Speaker 2: First pitch is at seven ten. You can listen to it on our.
Speaker 5: Sister stations, Sports Talk seven to ninety, News Radio seven forty K TERH. The Panthers butt the Oilers six to one in Game three of the Stanley Cup Final last night to take a two to one series lea Edmonton at fifteen minor penalties and then some game misconducts after a brawl broke out in the third period.
Speaker 2: You can go see all of this on our sports blog Pace today.
Speaker 5: But that all added up to eighty five total penalty minutes for the Oilers. It was one hundred and five or over one hundred and five penalty minutes total.
Speaker 2: If you can buy the two teams.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play a Game four on Thursday night, and then in basketball Game three the NBA Finals is tomorrow night. That series is tied up at a game a piece. That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 9: Houston, Rocks, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show US ninety four five. The Buzz half part of the show eight o seven.
Speaker 1: The people that are coming to Ditch Day don't want me talking about it anymore.
Speaker 14: Why I don't want as many people there because of the giveaway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, guys, I hope you're off to a great start to your day.
Speaker 1: I hope you are making plans to join us out on Friday. It's Ditch Day. It's going to be most first ditch Day. And I guess a lot of people got to meet you at Buzzfest, but this.
Speaker 2: One is more intimate. Okay, I just mean Buzzfest is crazy. It's fast. This is we're at a bar. You know, you can have a conversation with somebody. It's kind of hard to do that. I buce fast. We're running around you and I were up up on the lawn. Yes, you know.
Speaker 1: We had three second conversations with people, except for the guys that we were standing in line waiting for beer. We talked to those guys. We didn't say anything. Mom, when I could roll it up. I'm like, okay, let's just get in line and get a drink. And then the guy turns off. I was like, Ron, Ryan, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Why are you.
Speaker 2: Waiting in line?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I'm waiting for you to buy a beer so I can get a beer. So we started talking to those guys for a little bit. They were fun, but Ditch Day you can kind of hang out and talk to people.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: The reason people don't want me talking about it is because between the hours of noon and two at Cactus Cove this Friday, you can sign up to win a pair of sold out Metallica tickets. Now for the people that don't want a lot of people going too this thing.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna help that.
Speaker 1: Johnny from the Booth Pimps is gonna be spinning as he spun every single year. He's the best. Vonetta from ABC Body Art, she's gonna be airbrushing. It's gonna be airbrushing bodies.
Speaker 14: Really yes, bodies, Okay, yeah, ABC Body are awesome.
Speaker 2: Uh, friend on friend off Eli.
Speaker 1: Him and his models are gonna be He's gonna be showcasing his tape skills. He tapes women's bodies. Yes, he's taping and I invited him. I hadn't heard from him in a while. He's a very, very busy dude. He got a hold of me yesterday he said, Oh, don't you worry.
Speaker 2: I'll be there. The Reverend Butter will be on site carving some ice.
Speaker 1: He just let me know. Talk about waiting at the last minute. He's like, no, no, no, dude, I'll be there. I'm carving. So the greatest ice carver in North America. He won, He's the best ice carver in North America with the chainsaw and everything.
Speaker 2: He's coming. He's coming.
Speaker 4: So it's going to be there.
Speaker 2: Sorry everybody that doesn't want me to talk about it anymore. Are you kidding me? This party is ridiculous. Okay, It's absolutely going to be ridiculous. It starts at noon. The other thing, well, what time do I need to get there? I don't know. Nine am line up for a T shirt? I don't know. I don't know ours, like you were talking about Metallica and the Blood Drive. Yes, these Ditch Day shirts while supplies last, okay, okay, and then deb is coming out from DMP and she's going to be selling some of our summer merch so you can buy some summer merchandise. And believe me, don't think I'm not going to get a couple of drinks in you this mogasm shot and I'm going to tell you to go spend a lot of money in the rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Cares kid. It's not the online store, but the on site. We're doing a rod Ryan pop up shop.
Speaker 2: At ditch Day Cactus called Gunner. We're coming, Sorry, We're coming. And uh, I don't know why this has a this is going to be the worst meaning the best, but why this is going to be like the worst one ever, Alex, I don't know. Worst is it meaning packed? Just absolutely packed?
Speaker 4: It is going to set thing you've ever said to me so wild on Friday?
Speaker 2: What's this music? Oh god? Oh jeez. We got to talk about giving away Metallica tickets.
Speaker 1: Huh okay, the five Game. It's my first time the five Game. I'm going to get five of you to call in. You will compete against one another. Last person on.
Speaker 2: The phone with me, We'll be going to the sold out Metallica show. I'm just as excited to see Pantera. Guys. I'm not gonna joke I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna I've seen I saw Pantera back in the day, but I haven't seen this Pantera, and I've seen Metallica a bunch of times.
Speaker 2: I'm not bragging. I'm just giving you an idea.
Speaker 1: Of how excited I am to see Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies at one point in my life for about two years in high school, probably my favorite band. So I'm I'm possessed to skate. I'm ready to go with some Suicidal Tendencies. Okay, We're gonna give you an opportunity, five of you on the flip.
Speaker 2: Of this break. Do not touch your radio train.
Speaker 9: Your Dragon is the adventure of the summer in theaters Friday, Get tickets now, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternatives, and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 2: Rise.
Speaker 1: It's making our last minute preparations over here to get ready to give you the opportunity to get into the sold out Metallica show which is going down this Saturday. Setting up for the five game Pantera and Suicidal Tendencies opening up all things Metallica, though Moe and Jillie did a little collab everything that Metallica has going on, which is a lot included in there a chance to sign up to meet the band. That link is on there, the blood Drive link, the link for the pop up store, the link to where you can go see the Metallica movie.
Speaker 2: It's got a couple limited showings.
Speaker 1: Metallica said, Hey, go see our movie on Friday night and then come see us on Saturday. This is all on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Alex Once you got trending over there, LA protests, severn of them, I see it. It's just come on, guys, get it together, man. I mean under the protesting is fine, that's what. It's a great country. That's where we love this place. But the violent protests, uh ah, no.
Speaker 2: Worry the fire and throwing rocks and cop cars and everything else. Come on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we like to keep it light tight. And Ryan, so I talk about him too much, but that's what people are talking about. It is trending. Yeah, I can't not mention it. Jamie Fox is also trending. He cried during a speech at the BET Awards last night. We're talking about his health and his daughter and people are talking about his speech from us.
Speaker 2: I saw a little bit of that. He got very emotional.
Speaker 4: It's good to see him though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see him doing well. And then tatt Tuesday is trending. Black Angel continues to trend this morning. Submitted to us by listener Lost Magnificos and you can check out the Willkam Mister rod Ryan showpage to the buzz dot.
Speaker 2: Com down So just trending at ninety four five to the bus. All right, it was suggested to me yesterday that we should play the five game five of you on the air with us. Okay, there's four of us here, let's add another five to the mix. Okay, so let's just have a big party on the air, so five of you will get through, and then we'll start picking off listeners one by one. The last man, woman or child remaining on the phones, we're gonna give you sold out Metallica Pantera Suicidal Tendency tickets. Now, Chili has every phone line zeroed out right now.
Speaker 1: He will keep them zero out for a little bit. He'll let the delays and all the things catch up. We know people are so concerned.
Speaker 2: When do I call ride call, When I say to call call now seven.
Speaker 1: One three two one two five nine four five and try to get in to be one of the five that will compete for the sold out Metallica tickets. Good luck everybody, our third straight week of daily sold.
Speaker 2: Out Metallica giveaways. You kidding me? Here's the Red Hot Chili Peppers and can't stop all legit to be through ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's show. We are like right up until the last moment here Chili is just lining up his five people.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: That Red Hot Chili.
Speaker 1: Pepper song is a four minute, twenty seven second song. When you guys are wondering, well, listen, I'm listening on the app.
Speaker 2: Can I get through?
Speaker 1: Or I'm listening on my on my desktop or I have it up. I got you guys on the big screen here. I don't care how you're listening. You can all get through to play this game. What I want to do, I can't do it now.
Speaker 2: I don't have a time. But remind us when we're doing when we're chatting with these people after they win something, Hey, how are you listening?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I like to ask that.
Speaker 2: Are you listening on your phone? Is it on the iHeart app? Is it on the Rizon on the radio? And you're you know, because we can tell when people are in their car. Most people, most.
Speaker 1: People still believe it or not listen to this radio station on their old school radio.
Speaker 2: And that's the way it should be.
Speaker 4: Love it.
Speaker 1: But the fact that we have this app and all these fun things that we do, it's great.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, eight twenty eight, tat Tuesday. I've been trending all morning long. I did take a look. It's really really good. But I gotta go back to that Looking at Girls blog page. It's awesome. The Metallica blog page awesome. You know, it's even better.
Speaker 1: The rod Ryan Show Cares online store, awesome information. Why you should work on taking a picture with a hammer today, and then you're gonna I'm gonna tell you where to post that tomorrow and we can go out and get five thousand dollars donated from the Texas Hammers.
Speaker 2: I need you and a hammer picture. Okay, Right now, I'm gonna bring on five listeners. Most still doesn't really know what's going on. Yeah with this game. The game is called the five, and let's go bring on five of you on the air right now. Are gonna compete against one another. I just got to make sure that I do on my end. I gotta make sure that I do this correct. I'm gonna bring you on in no particular order. Okay, there's obviously five phone lines one, two, three, four, five. We're gonna say hi to Fiesta Joe, Fiesta Joe. Good morning, Good morning, y'all, Good morning, Familia.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the five dude. Right now, you have a one in five chance of winning tickets to Metallica.
Speaker 2: Pretty great. Huh oh yeah, okay, I'm going to bring on Throw the rock Mitch, welcome back to the shows. Up, guys, think we just have you on recently? No, sir, so I don't know who that Mitch was. I am the original to go up God, he's like that imposters now. Well yeah, but it's like Ira, Well, you guys will remember this has been some time back. I was the one that won to freeve and then I started doing it man, So.
Speaker 1: There you go, Throw the rock Mitch. He's the original, He's the o G There's a there's a male nurse out there. His name is Eric and I gave him the name E Rock. And then I happened to call another Eric, I Roch, and he emailed me. Uh uh yeah, there's only one.
Speaker 2: There's only one. I Rock, all right, welcome back. I did that last week. Rod, I did the same thing. That is not Mitch. All right, Well, good luck to you. Let's say hello to Amy. Amy, Welcome to the five. Good morning, brother Rock.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're in for a chance to win sold out Metallica tickets.
Speaker 2: Amy, hang on for me. Okay, you got it. Sean, Welcome to the five. Good morning everyone. Good morning Sean. That's one, two, three, four of you, and then rounding out our panel this morning. Looks like John made it in John. Good morning, Dag, Good morning, brother Rog. More thing you said, man, dude, I like my chances if I got a one in five shot.
Speaker 1: I like my chances of winning those Metallica tickets.
Speaker 2: So I don't even.
Speaker 1: Remember what order I brought them on. But each one of you is sitting on your own phone line right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, you guys, not me.
Speaker 1: You guys are gonna start picking each other off. I'm going to go with fies the Joe who I brought on first Fiesta.
Speaker 2: Joe, can you hear me? Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Okay, dude, there's five people on the line. Everybody tells me they want Metallica tickets. You told me you want Metallica tickets. Let's get rid of somebody.
Speaker 2: Line one, two, three, four or five. Do not pick your own line, Fiesta Joe, give me a phone line to get rid of.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 4: If I had to choose, I'm gonna choose four because four ridings.
Speaker 2: With mo, so Mo polar so. Four. Okay, I don't know what the hell you said. Okay, sitting on line four is Amy? No, no, goodbye, Amy. I'm sorry, You're gone.
Speaker 4: That's how it works.
Speaker 2: Amy's out. It's horrible. Line four is no longer available. Crocodiles. Amy is out.
Speaker 1: It's getting em alive right now, all right, Fiesta Joe, you live, Hey, Sean, yes, sir. Line four is gone, poor Amy. It's just it's just the boys now, one, two, three, and five. Give me a line to.
Speaker 2: Get rid of. Let's go with three.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 2: What if you're sitting on three, Yeah, it'd be a bad day, my god. Sitting on line three, Fiesta Joe, you're out?
Speaker 4: Sorry bye, Joe. Joe does rhyme with mo?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was that?
Speaker 4: He said? Four rhymes with mo? And I was like, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna say foe maybe. Okay, this is insane, all right, Yes, Joe's gone. So linees three and four are now gone. Uh. The original, not to be confused with those phony mitches out there, the original throw the rock Mitch, Mitch, good morning to you, Good morning. Okay, here's what's available, and you're on one of these lines one, two, and five. Do not put yourself in that moat with the snapping gaiters and everything, because then you're out of here and you're not going to the show. Let's get rid of line one, two or five. Let's go with line number two, sitting online number two. I told you, don't do it. It's you.
Speaker 4: Get them out of here, this evil.
Speaker 2: We started with five five suite listeners and only two remain. John, You're still there? John? Are you still there? I'm here. Don't do that to me. Sean are you still there? Absolutely? Okay? Who should pick?
Speaker 8: Mo?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you choose.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let MO pick because ultimately you're not responsible because they're going to pick.
Speaker 2: But who should pick? Sean or John?
Speaker 3: I want John to pick? Okay, John, granddaddy's name. John, I've got one of you online. One I've got one of you online.
Speaker 2: Five John, you tell me who to cut loose for Metallica tickets. You tell me who to cut loose. Let's cut loose number five because I'm number one. You picked John, John picked five. Yes, it's gonna be Rod sitting online five John, John, you're on it here, the last man sitting Sewan, you're the world today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, Shawnica friend.
Speaker 10: That good.
Speaker 3: So Now Pantera Suicidal Tendencies Saturday NRG plus, we're also hooking you up with a double vinyl copy of the newly remastered load album.
Speaker 4: You're also qualified.
Speaker 3: At the end of the week, we'll pick the grand prize winner for the limited edition numbered deluxe Load box set.
Speaker 4: Sewn Holy crap O sweaty.
Speaker 2: Whose idea was that? Oh God, Sean, have a great time. I will see you on Saturday. Congratulations, dude, Thank you, brother. Unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Ryan Show Mornings on ninety five, Good bus, all.
Speaker 2: Right, ninety four or five the buzz, Good morning.
Speaker 1: My heart hasn't stopped racing from the five game. Just talking about it with mo, I said that game is so stressful.
Speaker 2: I know that it comes across sounding that way on the air too, but I mean, no, Lie, you're stressful.
Speaker 1: With this new digital phone system we have. I mean, it just can get derailed in any number of ways. A call could drop whatever, It would just throw the whole thing out of whack.
Speaker 2: So I don't play it all that much. But when we do play it, it's stressful. Alex has got to do his thing on his side, just killing each other and then and then chilis standing next to me like Cope piloting standing to me. It's just it's one of those all hands on the deck. Actually it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It was worth it for those Metallica tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we have another pair of Metallica tickets tomorrow. You guys pretty much know we're going to do the Metallica tickets on Thursday.
Speaker 1: For read my lips again, mose back in the fold for that. Sorry to ruin your tuesdays tomorrow. Is it torture ten or is it riff lyric question which we haven't played in forever and that's where real that's where a super duper fan wins. Or is it better to do torture ten? I will take a few emails on this. Tell me what do you think would be better?
Speaker 2: Selfishly, I want torture ten drops. I feel like maybe riff cleric question is the way to go. Not everybody remembers.
Speaker 1: We don't play that often just for big band stuff, for big big bands. Rift lyric question. How it works is I put on a riff a piece of a song. It's not going to be the main melody.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be. You gotta know the riff. Then I'm going to give you a lyric could be any song, could be any deep cut, and then a question about the band.
Speaker 4: Holy crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have to get all three. It rarely does the first one, two, three, four, five. Sometimes you got to go through six or seven people to get all three answers correct.
Speaker 2: So it's a lot of work.
Speaker 1: But the people that are like super fans, which I know there's a million of you, they like that because I feel like the people earn it. I'll take about ten emails. Email me Rod at the buzz dot com. What would be a better way to give away the Metallica tickets tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Rift lyric question?
Speaker 1: I don't mind putting it together or torture ten which Alex loves getting those drops together?
Speaker 2: Email me Rod at the buzz dot com. Hou Houston's alternative.
Speaker 7: I'm at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four five the Buzz, Papa Roach, even if it kills me, rod Ryan Shump coming up on the last hour of the program, and it's your last day. The text to win the one thousand dollars in the iHeartRadio Music Festival. I believe today is the last day, So we're gonna have three opportunities.
Speaker 1: We will have that for you at nine ten I think, one ten Jeremy, and then maybe five ten Theresa. I think those are the times, and then we'll go back local. We'll get you guys calling in on MO the show before we get out of here. Fulbeat hailstorm tickets, all right, So up to it.
Speaker 2: Fifty percent chance of rain later on this afternoon, but a chance is some scattered pesky thunderstorms throughout the day with mostly cloudy skies. That's what we're gonna deal with. And that's gonna kind of be all week. We said we were expecting rain hi today of around ninety four. One final time. Mo Houston's headlines, Please.
Speaker 4: Good to morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: President Donald Trump has sent two thousand more now Ational Guard troops to La, raising the federally ordered force on city streets to more than forty one hundred as immigration raid protests enter a fourth day. The pentacon also deployed about seven hundred marines to shield federal buildings and immigration agents. California called the move an overreach, and they sued the government. The LA mayor said last night that the immigration raids in her city were unnecessary.
Speaker 4: Southern Baptist leaders are gathering in Dallas this week to vote on a new set of resolutions.
Speaker 3: The measures ask lawmakers to ban pornography, roll out the Supreme Court approval of same sex marriage, and limit sports bedding. They also push policies that encourage families to have more children inside the church. Overall membership keeps slipping, but recent baptism numbers have ticked up.
Speaker 1: Well, you tried to eliminate fun. No wonder order the numbers are down, trying to get rid of everything.
Speaker 4: Today's National Iced Tea Day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Alex got a little Southern for you gangs. It's pretty good, wrong icy, he is pretty, but the drink iced tea.
Speaker 4: We're wondering if you nationalized t day.
Speaker 1: On Nationalized Tea Day, it's gonna be tough to beat them, right, it's their day, you would.
Speaker 4: Think what the poll on X at Rod Ryan Show says, what what's Rod, what's.
Speaker 1: A better summer drink? Forty two say lemonade, fifty eight percent.
Speaker 2: Say iced tea. All right, so it's their day, give them their day. But I thought the only drink day. I mean, I wasn't going to introduce alcohol into the pole question.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of alcohol, but the only alcohol is.
Speaker 2: Always gonna win on this show. Anyways.
Speaker 1: The only thing I thought maybe would come close to iced tea would be lemonade.
Speaker 4: That seems pretty close in the pole and I and you said you.
Speaker 2: Would vote for lemonade? Would I did vote for lemonade, like.
Speaker 4: A green tea, but not an icede.
Speaker 2: You're not from the South.
Speaker 4: My mom makes the sun tea. She's from the Carolinas.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we make some sun tea back, yeah, where.
Speaker 4: She would like put it outside. But I just don't like it.
Speaker 2: Let it brew all day?
Speaker 11: Do you like it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean it's just it's just a different way of brewing the tea. It's the same tea.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I like lemonade better.
Speaker 2: I don't think sun tea tastes different like brewed by the sun.
Speaker 3: You don't think it's got the loured in it like Jesus Chicken is. I don't know why do they do that, just because it's just it was like science. I'm not a scientist.
Speaker 2: Weird thing to do back in the day.
Speaker 3: If you could pick a movie, one movie dad to be yours? Who you got Father's Day Sunday in case you need to remind her, let's celebrate.
Speaker 2: I said that Bobby's dad, Ricky. Bobby's dad was great. He taught them to dry.
Speaker 4: Sometimes all over the place.
Speaker 2: God damn cooler in the car for career Day.
Speaker 3: Robin Williams Bruce Willis from Marmageddon, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I said. Nicholas Cage, he played Cameron Poe in the movie conn Air.
Speaker 4: He's number thirteen on the top fifteen.
Speaker 2: He was working on getting back to his daughter. He took out all those guys and.
Speaker 1: Brought the bunny he had, like the stuffed animal. It was all tattered and torn, but he still got it to that kid.
Speaker 2: Not the dad pome alone because he loved his kid.
Speaker 3: The number one on the list, Number one TV Dad. Liam Neeson's character and taken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the badass dad of all times. Pretty good one because he did all that for his daughter. Right, they stole his daughter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he had to get her back.
Speaker 2: And that sounds like a movie. You're talking in terms that you may have seen it.
Speaker 4: I've seen it. It changed my life.
Speaker 2: Who made you watch that? Your husband?
Speaker 4: Probably? Okay, one of my male suitors. Hey, can we talk about it? Can we talk about Metallica? Please?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: Only a few days away, sold out show n RG and the band has a full blown Metallica takeover happening in Houston and it starts today. Chili helped me get all this info up online TheBus dot com. There's a chance there for you to enter a meet and greet with the band, and that's a Metallica's website sign up for their fan club and that's how you register. Says it's free, so I believe them. Also, So Friday night before the show, you can go straight from Ditch to Day at Cactus Cove to the sneak peek of Metallica's the latest film project.
Speaker 4: It's called Metallica Saved My Life and.
Speaker 3: They have two showings of that. The pop up shop where you can get all your merch. Pre show opens for the first time Friday at ten am.
Speaker 4: So we have all the details of that.
Speaker 2: It'll be a madhouse.
Speaker 3: There's some ways for you to volunteer, including one way for you to donate blood that actually starts today at NRG. We have the link for you to sign up for an appointment. There is merch involved with that as well. While supplies last, don't mess around when they call it a takeover. Metallica is happening, and we have more chances for you to win tickets right here. Those are Houston's headlines, all right, Alex.
Speaker 2: The Astros are back in action tonight.
Speaker 5: They're going to open up a three games series at the White Sox at diike In Park. Nanson callers will be on the mount for the Strows going up against Chicago's Shane Smith. First pitches at seventeen and you can listen to it over on our sister stations, Sports Talk seven ninety and News Radio seven h on our sports blog page. Today, the A's Denzel Clark had a what they're calling the catch of the year. He robbed a home run against the Angels last night, jumped up on the wall, reached over it. It was pretty crazy, So you can go check that out on the sports blog page today. It's an all time catch. Yeah with that the best catch this season for sure. And then in hockey, Panthers blew out the Oilers six to one in Game three the Stanley Cup Final last night to take a two to one series lead. Edmonton had fifteen minor penalties and some game misconducts that added up to eighty five total penalty minutes in the game. If you combine the Panthers penalty minutes with those fights that happened, it was over one hundred and five minutes, the most in a playoff game since nineteen eighty six. They'll play Game four on Thursday night. You can go see all of the fight stuff on our sports blog page as well. Basketball Game three of the NBA Finals will be tomorrow night. That series is tied at a game a piece. And that what's going on in in sports.
Speaker 2: And The rod Ryan Morning Show AM The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Tuesday number one link today looking at girls number two link today. I didn't see what else you guys were looking at.
Speaker 1: There was a there's there's a lot on there. There is a food blog page, there's a crazy Oh, there's a crazy criminal block page. Okay, okay, okay, where is that kid?
Speaker 2: Oh? I punched this kid in the face? What all right?
Speaker 1: I know it sounds weird, me fifty five wanting to punch a sixteen year old in the face, but he urinated in an opponent's water. Jug I saw this, Uh, find out what's happening to him? Crazy criminal blog page? I mean, okay, A joke and a practical prank and all that stuff is one thing that's that's that's a face punch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a punch in the face.
Speaker 4: If he'd been punched already, he probably wouldn't do things like that.
Speaker 2: Oh okay. I also I also co sign what you just said on that one. Very good.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's a lot to look at on the world famous Rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. It explains also Chile has a link up for the Metallica thing you were just talking about. That's oh that's the number three link already is the Metallica information? Okay, where's this blood drive? Where's the pop up shop? Where is the movie playing? This is all in addition to the sold out show that we are continuing for a third straight week to give away tickets to the people have spoke.
Speaker 2: We will be doing the Torture ten tomorrow at seven twenty Torture ten on the air for Metallica tickets. Don't forget get there early, get in your seats, Man Pantera and suicidal Tendencies.
Speaker 1: I know you guys want them out there a party like the old school. You want to party in the parking lot and everything else. Some guy was talking about what times a parking lot party start.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what are you gonna do? Bring a jug a jungle juice like you did in the late eighties, for god's sakes.
Speaker 4: Did you guys do that, by the way, Yeah, in a bathtub?
Speaker 1: Okay, no, we did it like a in one of those plastic milk jugs. Everybody something and then you just everybody like stole liquor from their house. Yeah, and then somebody was responsible for bringing orange juice or like Hawaiian punch.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean there could have been rum and shnops, you just drinking and everything else in there. And uh, as long as you put a little Hawaiian punch in there, it's like boom, and then all you did was just pass around the jug before I show dumb kids, dumb. It's great for my amuses kids, and you went in there and boom, Don Moley Crue. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I probably did do that with a Metallica show too, Monsters of Rock. I probably did do exactly what I just said when they were opening up. Metallica was a baby band on the Monsters of Rock Tour.
Speaker 4: It's something fun to think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Happy National Iced Tea Day? What's a better summer drink?
Speaker 2: Rob's Jungle Juice in the parking lot nineteen eighty seven? If that was on the pole at the Mansters of Rock Tour, next level, I mean, that was the greatest summer drink of all time.
Speaker 1: I mean it's it's the people's champion, but I'm not giving you that as an option. It's National Iced Tea Day, Better summer drink, iced tea or lemonade iced tea?
Speaker 2: Fifty nine percent of the audience for the lad Oh what else that I mentioned? The Reverend Butter is going to be at I did right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yes, And you were talking to me about like how I needed to look him up, and I was stalking him a little bit. He might be the coolest dude. He is the coolest guy, like I like, he just has like a swagger about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't like him inviting him everywhere because I like to be the coolest guy when I'm out.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair and he walks in and that's it, like all eyes on Butter. He's so awesome.
Speaker 1: Reverend Butter is going to be carving ice. He said he's going to be there at Ditch Day this weekend, so this Friday, So we need to move this to Energy Stadium. Okay, well, Metallica let us in.
Speaker 2: Should we go on Friday, you know, and just watch them set up and then we'll do Ditch Day right there on the floor.
Speaker 1: Gunner, we're common. We're common to cactus cove in droves and droves of people.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Get there early for the T shirt while supplies last Ditch Day shirts. Thanks to our friends over at BMP. Thank you Dev and everybody over there for getting those shirts together for us.
Speaker 2: Oh, do we bring sharpies or do we tell people? We don't tell people to bring sharpies. We bring sharpies. We'll just steal some. We'll steal some from the supply the school supply closet here. I think we uli do you bring sharpies when you bring the T shirts? Or do we leave that up to people?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you want to bring like some fancy color, fancy color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll bring some black sharpies to get you started. All right, let me check with legal about that. But what have we done? What have we done in the past spring We usually keep bringing a couple of them. Yeah, and then people bring their own too, So yeah, we'll definitely be sharpies. If now we'll hit up Gunner for zoom. Okay, Gunner stops talking card Gunner. I think Gunnar.
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for the email from him or the text for him, Like, dude, stop talking about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's too big now. The more marr you, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: It's it's a family affair.
Speaker 1: Bring everybody, it's gonna be awesome. I had a couple of local bands hit me up. They're like, hey, do you want us to play?
Speaker 12: I'm like, no, no, it's just too much. It's it's it's flagged as a two hour event. I know it's not gonna be a two hour event.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's a chance for Ditch Day fast next year.
Speaker 2: Oh god, all right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A couple of local bands asked me, Hey, you know, if you need us to play, we're here for you. I said, I love you.
Speaker 5: I go.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the offer. But I'm gonna let Johnny do his thing. Johnny's from the boot Pips has been spinning since day one, so I think we've had some acoustic stuff before. We've done some things in the past, but we're gonna keep the live music out of it.
Speaker 2: We're gonna let Johnny do his thing.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody asked me what does it cost. It doesn't cost any money to go to Ditch Day. No, No, it's just that we're at Cactus Cove.
Speaker 4: Bring your money, though, bring a lot of money to me. And dude, we have a pop up shop.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the Metallica pop up shop, pop up rod Ryan Show Shop.
Speaker 2: We'll be selling our summer wares out there.
Speaker 9: How to Train Your Dragon is the Adventure of the Summer in theaters Friday.
Speaker 2: Get tickets now, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Morning Shown.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody, but we still have bull Beat, Hailstorm, tickets.
Speaker 2: We're gonna give you those on know the show. But you all have homework.
Speaker 1: Today because I don't want you to scrambled around. I know you're gonna be busy tomorrow your summer school in or working or whatever it is that you got going on. I don't want you to scrambled around for that hammer picture tomorrow. I need five hundred of you to get a picture ready for tomorrow morning of you holding a hammer. Now, somebody asked, what if I have ten people in the picture and we're holding a hammer.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I need I need you to submit. I need ten pictures everybody with a hammer. Texas Hammer's going to give us ten dollars per picture you and a hammer.
Speaker 1: If I get five hundred of you, I get the five thousand dollars that he's offering up tomorrow. So your homework is do this tonight and then when Chili tells you tomorrow morning where to put that picture, then you'll be ready to go. All right, we want to get that five thousand dollars from our generous friends over at the Texas Hammer.
Speaker 2: Homework everybody. It's everybody on the show. I'm talking to now, everybody on the show everybody ready, Hammer Pictures.
Speaker 8: Comline's Flicks Online ninety four five The muzz And I know what shirt you were wearing last year or Chili.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a new picture. Yea, I know what he would wore.
Speaker 4: I have you know him so well?
Speaker 2: I have his last year's Hammer picture. He's gonna try to like, oh hey man, here's the one from last year.
Speaker 4: Hilarious, I know I have it.
Speaker 2: Why got call me out like that? I have you, I have your picture from last year. Well, this picture is going to be extralled in there. Okay, but you know that you're my screensaver. I mean, you know this is going to be a lot of people's screensavers. Okay, all right, it's for the children, by the way. Oh it's still it's going to raise money. Oh lord, all right, what do you got over there? All right?
Speaker 5: Today's aml is called weight to objects because you could weigh things in pounds or kilograms or whatever. But why would you choose to do that when you could weigh it and stuff like bananas or grains of sand or flies or yeah, I see what.
Speaker 2: I looked up how much shack ways?
Speaker 5: Because I was like, he's a big guy based twenty four pounds or thirty three million grains of sand, six million flies, who raised one thousand bananas?
Speaker 6: Who hears one hundred and forty seven bottles of water.
Speaker 1: I gotta say that amount of flies you just mentioned was really off putting. That's disgusting that it's a lot of flies, flies laid down. He weighs twelve corkis he weiars seventy two bricks?
Speaker 2: Time out, how many corkis? Twelve?
Speaker 6: That's not enough, it says, so here fa, Yeah, it's maybe the chubby corky's.
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's the Sharon Osborne dog, like the ones that the Queen had. Yeah, exactly the queen head.
Speaker 5: I think dense, dig me too, dig He weighs one tenth of a car, two fifths of a grand piano, and point four percent point oh four percent of a small building.
Speaker 6: He's also point one percent the weight of the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 2: So go check it out.
Speaker 5: Type in your weight or just the way to random things and see what other stuff they could be weighted in at the web Famous Rid Ryan showpagedvice dot com, The.
Speaker 2: Ryans Show Fun ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, the buzz bad omens and just pretend good morning rod Ryan's show. On this tattooesday, A couple of people wondering why we're not talking more sly Stone.
Speaker 1: Rod you said he was a genius, yet not getting talked about on your show at all today.
Speaker 5: You didn't know.
Speaker 2: I've talked about it like thretty times.
Speaker 1: I said he was a genius on the show today, so I had to have talked about sly Stone.
Speaker 2: Legendary funk rocker, pioneer. Sly Stone passed away after his battle with COPD. He was eighty two years old. I mentioned on the show earlier today he was an absolute genius.
Speaker 1: But when I say pioneer is I talked about the combining of all the different styles of music, and then the combining of men and women in the same band, and then the combination of different skin colors all in the same band.
Speaker 2: Those things weren't happening in the sixties and seventies, not like this, and uh, and that was something that really kind of came from him. He was a pioneer in every sense of the word. Yeah, this is like a soundtrack to the seventies. Sly in the family Stone Strokes for different folks. Oh, this is a good summer tune right here. Should we bring this back as our summer jam songs called hot Fun in the Summer Time streak? She spec.
Speaker 1: All right, we are talking about sly Stone passing away here on the Rod Ryan Show today Radio Wizard only gives me so many times, so many opportunities.
Speaker 2: To talk to you guys, Wizard. They need more are Oh? I heard from him today? Really? Yeah, he's on vacation.
Speaker 4: Why was he talking to you?
Speaker 1: World Premiere twenty one pilots Thursday on this show seven twenty I'm day Yeah, okay, So I've told you two.
Speaker 2: Things now that are happening on Thursday. I mean the things that you know it's fix the gram you you know that it's throwback Thursday.
Speaker 1: You know it's the day we play read my lips. I told you that it was going to be again for a third week for Metallica tickets.
Speaker 2: Eye roll mo is in the mix on that.
Speaker 4: I'm sick.
Speaker 2: Come on shows, what you got I'm gonna try you take it on? Alex really yeah, Alex one.
Speaker 4: He beat Chile over in overtime for Metallica tickets.
Speaker 2: Chili gave him a run last week man, Yeah, fun, so I said eight to twenty read my lips for on Thursday for the Metallica tickets and then seven to twenty world premiere of twenty one Pilots song.
Speaker 1: All right, our Facebook friends, we're having some fun this morning. I posted up early like at I don't know four thirty. What's a word that sounds naughty but isn't? Number one word moist? Moist comes up on different lists, But for some reason I hate to use these blanket statements because I was gonna say, well, I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: Girls do not like the word moist for somebody? Is that?
Speaker 4: Where did that come from?
Speaker 3: Why that start moist? It seems like a new phenomenon, newer dongle.
Speaker 2: What's a dongle? It sounds dirty, but it's not you.
Speaker 5: Attached like if you had a USB or USBC and you had the wrong one, you attached that bigger phone.
Speaker 2: What's the uvula? That sounds dirty? That's sting in the back of your throat? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 15: It is?
Speaker 2: It sounds like something between your legs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does.
Speaker 2: Homo erectus, it's funny. What else did they write? Succulent?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It does sound Uh, let.
Speaker 2: Me see the penal code. Ha ha, he said, penal umm Alex, what's a shuttlecock?
Speaker 6: It's the thing you used to play bad minton.
Speaker 2: Yep, and nice pronunciation of bad minton.
Speaker 1: Appreciate that. My suggestion to get the conversation. I stole this from Napoleon. Dynamite your cossacks.
Speaker 2: That's the tailbone, right, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's like at the bottom of your spine, that little small triangular bone. So I think it's your tailbone basically. Oh and then the other one that came up all the time, cum quat.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. I kind of feel like you're gettingway with something on the air when you say that. Why, I can go for a cum quat right now. So moist and juicy and succulent. The rod Ryan Show, Good Morning, So the Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Zcbus and I wish you were here.
Speaker 1: I had a question about the Metallica show and I am I got stuck right in the middle of an email to the to the label guy.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get set times for Saturday.
Speaker 1: I want you in your seats, man, I want you in your seats early I just talked about the jungle juice.
Speaker 2: Experience back in the late eighties. Okay, out there in the parking lot drinking, you know, a little bit of everybody's parents' liquor cabinet mixed with some high cy or orange juice. So yeah, I imagine you'd probably want to parking lot party a little bit wet. What the experience is going to be like, I don't know what kind of tailgating situation is going to be available or what they're going to allow you to get away with, but I want you in your seats before these bands, Man, Suicidal Tendencies and Pantera.
Speaker 1: That's a big, big deal, man. So those are our bands. That's who's opening up for Metallica. So I'm working on getting set times for you right now. I was What made me think of it is I was just reading this article. I don't know if you guys had seen AMC theaters said that they're adding more commercial before the movie start. Okay, I know you're not a big movie person, but I don't know when the last time you sat in the theater.
Speaker 4: You said there forever at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your movie, And I don't know if if we need help with this. Does there need to be a commissioner of movies or something a regulator like doorsing, but I mean doors at five, previews at five thirty, movie at six fifteen.
Speaker 2: Do we need that?
Speaker 1: Because that's what made me think about this, because I want to get set times to make sure that because I want it. I don't want to miss Suicidal Tendencies or Pantera. But AMC just because theaters are hurting, not enough of you are going to the movies. I'm not going to the movies as much as I used to. They need to generate more revenue. They are being pretty transparent about it. They're like, we are going to be adding more commercials before the movie starts. I don't mind that, but you have to tell me what time the movie starts. And I don't know that they're doing being fully transparent on that yet.
Speaker 2: If if you one of the movies and it's at seven o'clock, you know you're not seeing a movie at seven o'clock, right, But if you if you're down for a movie at seven o'clock and if it doesn't start until seven thirty, that's a problem. That's like what I was saying about the hockey games.
Speaker 5: In the NBA games right now, we're like, oh, tip off set seven, and then you tune into it, it's got the countdown to tip off is like twenty five minutes.
Speaker 1: And you told me the tip off was at seven? How is it not the at seven? The show before the game is called tip off tip off because they want you to view the advertising. I mean, listen, we're in this game too, Okay, We're in this game. The reason that you're able to listen to this radio station for free is because the advertisements that are about to become that are about to be coming up, shout out and then I'm trying to show f CU.
Speaker 2: Let me just go read them all off too you right now, Red Mountain Way loss. Okay, But that so we're in that game, and it's it's it's something that we all have to do. But I'm telling you that, hey, I'm gonna come back and I'm going to give you you know these or I'm gonna and you know that we're gonna come back, and I try to get you these times where it's like, hey, Metallica tickets at eight twenty and this at seven twenty. We have tickets for him at least and I yeah, I know. Well that's how I try to keep you through the commercials like Moe's gonna be back with a question with volbeat hailstorm tickets. Now, just please, you're gonna hear some commercials, but I don't say it enough. These commercials is what keeps us on the air.
Speaker 1: So here I am bitching about the movie theaters and I'm telling you to listen to our commercials.
Speaker 2: But our commercials are the best commercials. They're the best ever. But that's what makes this free the movie theater.
Speaker 1: I really do think that there needs to be an adjustment made on what time is the movie starting, because I still like.
Speaker 2: I think trailers for movies are awesome before a movie.
Speaker 4: Do you want to see those?
Speaker 2: I do want to see those. I want that to be a part of the experience.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what. The last time I went to the movie theater, it was probably for Top Gun. I remember there being some pretty clever commercials, like they were super Bowl esque as far as the quality of the commercials, so I thought that was kind of cool about it too.
Speaker 2: But adding more, just more, and.
Speaker 1: Then there's gonna be one premium spot. We have that in our business. Too, but they're gonna be adding some kind of one of them that airs right before the movie, and it's gonna be like a premium commercial. So I think what's gonna happen is commercials, a bunch of trailers, one more premium spot that they're gonna charge a lot for, and then they'll play your movie. You know, we do those tons of tricks. You know, we're in that business. The set times are important to me. Movie times, start times they're important. Let's find it out, all right, all right, I already said, don't go anywhere, not only listen to the commercials. Support the people that support this show. I'd appreciate that, and then we'll come back.
Speaker 2: We've got Volbeat Hailstorm tickets for you. Houston's Rock and Alternatives, The Road.
Speaker 4: Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four.
Speaker 1: Or five Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz. Good Morning, Ryan Show, nine fifty one. Thanks for sticking around and hanging with us. It's time for MO the show.
Speaker 2: Volbeat Hailstorm July twenty nine, seventy one three Music Hall, MO, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan?
Speaker 3: Hi, you gave all of us homework today, everybody for the question, which tool do we all need to complete this homework?
Speaker 2: Okay? Seven, that's right. Everybody that here's my voice has homework tonight, or if you want to just do it tomorrow morning, that's fine too, Hey.
Speaker 3: Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, Getting.
Speaker 2: Ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio The.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Show, every morning six to ten on ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: I'm having trouble trying to sleep. I'm counting ship not running.
Speaker 10: Time ticks by still, I dry reds for God, shops in my mind on my own.
Speaker 2: Away go I spill. They're gonna blazing.
Speaker 15: Ride.
Speaker 2: I've been bolt on my skirl.
Speaker 10: My mouth's dry, My faith is num.
Speaker 15: Up, the spine out in my ear, Rub my own your way down, mind set.
Speaker 2: On over drive.
Speaker 10: The clock is laugh in my face, crooked spine, my senses, doll, that's the mine of Larry. Rub my own your way down, my ice colne. They're gonna by a purple a my scarle, my mouth dry.
Speaker 8: This is dam.
Speaker 2: Jump this barn in my m Okay not four or five The buzz, Green Day's brain stew.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Getting ready to wrap up our Tech Tuesday, nine fifty six.
Speaker 2: Come on now, time for Know this show on ninety four to five The buzz. L La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Well, hello, who's this? Hey? This is Chauncey Murky. Hi, Chauncey. Welcome to the show. How are you don great?
Speaker 1: Great, good to have you on today, Dude, Let's go. Let's make this nice and easy. Okay, No, nobody moves, nobody gets hurt. Listen to most.
Speaker 2: She's got a question for you.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Hey, Chauncey.
Speaker 3: So Rod gave us all homework today, and the question which tool do you need to complete this homework?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: You need a picture of me holding a hammer.
Speaker 4: That's good, hammer. I thank Chauncy. Show us your hammer.
Speaker 2: Oh right, cool?
Speaker 6: That is cool?
Speaker 2: Anyone else is cool about it?
Speaker 3: You won yourself a pair of tickets Vulbeat Hailstorm July twenty ninth, seven one through Music Hall.
Speaker 4: Tickets on sale now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 2: Fantash, Thank you so much, Rodd the Coolest Man, Thank you, dude, Thank you forever. I can't wait to see your picture of you and the hammer tomorrow. You got to take a picture now. You have to do it because you know what the is, you know what the assignment is, you know what the homework is. Chauncey, thank you so much. Man, enjoy that. I mean, vulbeat, hailstorm. I'll see you there. Just have one three Music Hall. That's a great show. Thank you, Chauncey. Hang on for me. Charlie's got your info. Where he's going to get your info?
Speaker 1: H the one they called Tim. What a big day for him man. This morning he became a four time Hall of Famer. He's the seventh one this year to win five games in a row. So fresh fish tomorrow. Some of these guys that haven't been able to get through yet. I need you, I need you on the show tomorrow morning. At six twenty, Sean was the last man in the five game.
Speaker 2: He won the Metallica tickets today tomorrow Metallica tickets. What do we say we're gonna do torture ten? Yeah, all right, well, Chili, we gotta move.
Speaker 1: We gotta put him at seven twenty of them Metallica tickets at seven twenty. We'll move them around a little bit. Move those pit tickets to eight twenty for Pierce the Veil. Torture ten is what the game is? The game that you guys said you wanted to play.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, mo homework, you have homework, Okay, picture with a hammer, Chili, Alex, Homework's if I can get five hundred people to take a picture with a hammer tomorrow and get it posted in the proper spot.
Speaker 1: Chili will have all that inform me. You gotta wait till tomorrow morning. I gotta have you listen. Tomorrow morning. He's gonna tell you where to post that picture, okay, and then we get five hundred of you to do that. We get five thousand dollars from the Texas Hammers tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Four backpacks.
Speaker 1: All right up next Jeremy non stop noonor pick tickets with him in the one o'clock hour, and he's got your final chance. Well, he's got one of your final chances to text to win one thousand dollars in the iHeartRadio Music Festival tickets. All right, Teresa will do that as well. See you said tomorrow is torture ten. Thursday is read my lips from Metallica and World Premiere.
Speaker 2: We mentioned of at seven twenty world premiere Thursday of New twenty one Pilots.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's no days off around here. I mean, I know you guys bag on us. We're having a lot of days off. But the days we're here, I mean, we're busy.
Speaker 2: Can all right, guys, we're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 5: We'll do it.
Speaker 2: We'll do it again tomorrow, We'll do it even better, all right, A m app, Well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 8: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.