Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a brand new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. It is Tuesday, May twenty seventh. It is officially the first day of the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker, but we are not at the WSP yet. Tim and myself are here at the Poker Grow Studio. We just wrapped up the famous twenty five K Fantasy Draft, hosted by none other than Daniel Negraan new who we will hear from on this episode. We do have both audio and video from Daniel that we will play for you in a little bit. Tim, my friend, look at this guy.
Speaker 2: I'm so tired.
Speaker 1: How long does the draft? How long does the draft go? We started, I don't even know if we started on time.
Speaker 2: We started a little light one fifteen, maybe one twenty.
Speaker 1: It's five hours, a record twenty four teams believe it's never gotten into the twenties. Every single year, Daniel's like it's gonna be over twenty. I'm getting interest. I'm getting interest. Of course, you know, day of people bail, you know, But this year, twenty four, brand new record, absolutely freaking massive churnout. The room was packed, one hundred and ninety two players needed to be drafted. For those that don't know, you guys can go to twenty five k fantasy dot com. You can see all the teams. You can read you know history, you can look at past results just two years ago. Just make sure you look at the result when we won. The rules are all on there, all that sort of good stuff. So you know, Tim and I will hit on some stuff. He was the auctioneer once again. A good job by you, thank you. I mean it was a it was a tall task.
Speaker 2: The easiest thing to do. It was as you have. He's look, there's people that are listening to this podcast. I'm going to complain about them. David Baker, David odb Biker is like a mass He just just does this. He doesn't even put his hand out. He just kind of like one dollar, like I can't see it. And I miss people's bids, Like you need to just through the handoff.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know what we need, we need we need auction paddles. Next time.
Speaker 2: No one would use them, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: I know, we still need them. And if you don't use them, you don't get your bidden. That's the rule. And people damn paddle in the air. Let's pet it's just on one side it can be the twenty five K logo and on the other side you can write your name, your team name, you know, so just the people that can kind of know what's what's going on.
Speaker 2: And I just love to quite the full use of the clock to get that one.
Speaker 1: I think you, I think you have to do that. And I know Mickey who's off camera, my drafting partner, my co owner of our team, team dp MD. If you head to twenty five k Fantasy dot Com, I mean it's hard because you wanted to like slow down. You don't want to just be like going one dollar one dollar, one dollar, one dollar, because next thing you know, it's just going to keep skying the price. Right, So when you get to the part where you think it's gonna slow down, when you're kind of reaching that ceiling of where you think a player might land, okay, then you start going slow once again. Yours truly picked the most expensive player. I'm just every year, I'm just going to try and set a new record. That's that's the goal.
Speaker 2: Is this what is the highest paid player ever of all time?
Speaker 1: Jeremy, if you're listening, let's f and go buddy, come on, let's f and go. You got to do it.
Speaker 2: He's spending some of the World Series in Coloradoway's family.
Speaker 1: No stop, get out of here.
Speaker 2: I spoke from him. He told me he's like, I'm missing two weeks in the middle to.
Speaker 1: And Brent Hanks tried to tell me that come July first, he's not going to be playing anymore. Yeah, okay, whatever, guys, whatever, But yeah, I mean, listen, it was it was I think a good draft overall, you know, all things considered, again, I think you did a really good job just kind of keeping everything uh moving. There were a few hiccups, not not your fault. When you know team's bid or whatever, it's kind of you know, we didn't hear like like you said. You know, there are some teams that are they're very quiet with their bidding where they come in like very much last minute, you know. Or there's also the time when like some but you'll say fifteen and then like seven teams will say sixteen. Yeah, and it's like, oh, what's going on?
Speaker 2: And the thing is, I normally take the one that I see with the hand ups. If you don't put your hand up, you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt there, and you also mentioned it twenty four teams they don't fit, you know, some teams of four people, five people. It's the whole studio is full, and like I'm kind of like left and right, so it does get a little difficult to see the entire room in one viewpoint. Maybe we need to change the set up a little bit. Next to you, But hey, did my best, and I'm surprised I didn't lose my voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen with how much this thing has grown, you know, I kind of did just complain on the last podcast. How I'm surprised that this hasn't grown by like one and a half entries on average every single year. But we did get a big boost this year, so that's really cool. I'm sure that big boost will carry over to Odb's Fantasy League, which is the five hundred dollars buying fantasy league that you can get into, but you use the prices that were set in the twenty five K fantasy league. So again, go to twenty five fancy dot com and you guys can find all the details on that. Just quickly, before we get further into this episode, do you want to remind you guys of our sponsor, play poker Go. If you want to play free, authentic, real online poker, just head on over to play pokerg dot com. They got casual games, they got serious tournaments, they got ring games, MTTs, sit and goes, whatever it is, they got it for you. Again, play PokerGO dot com. It is free online poker head there now. Head there every single day in the summer. You know again, it's totally free. You can get in there. You get some chips to start with, you can spin a wheel, you can open a treasure chest to get more more gold coins, and you can get in there and battle. Tim and I are in there battling all the time. What is your name on there on play poker Go, Tramp stock Tramp. He's tram Stop, very weird name. I don't really understand. But I still don't understand it, and I'm brod.
Speaker 2: I should really have it. Should be poker Donnie and poker.
Speaker 1: I did check with the play poker Go team and they told us that we could do that. If we want, maybe we can do that. We should also get our own custom avatars.
Speaker 2: I'll pay for it. How much do they cost? I?
Speaker 1: Mean, I don't know and buildup to the company. But you guys out there deal yourself in at play PokerGO dot com. We expect to see you guys in the streets, all right. Twenty five K Fantasy A quick rundown of how it works auction draft. Everyone starts with two hundred dollars that they can bid with, and you know, you go around. One team nominates someone. There's a whole bunch of bidding. Tim here is the one who's like going once, going twice, sold to so and so. You have to fill up your team of eight players. And then when it's all said and done, the scoring is based on how these players do in World Series of Poker events. Only live events count. There are how many events don't count? Tag team doesn't count. I think that's it. I think everything else counts. Ladies, ladies count, senior count employees. No, I think it does. I'm pretty sure it does. But all the big stuff again, you guys can follow it on twenty five K fantasy dot com. I'm sure Tim and I will be talking about on the podcast regularly, as we always do. We will also be you know, sharing on social media various stuff. I know poker News. I know poker dot org they dedicate some resources to tracking stuff on poker news. They have little badges for all the players. They try and track the players. I know poker dot org is working closely with David Baker ODB on stuff where they're going to do more coverage. And I believe I heard on odb's pod that poker dot org is playing to have kind of a dedicated reporter to the twenty five K Fantasy League all summer long, So there's that as well.
Speaker 2: They're also giving away ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poker dot org is given away a ten thousand dollars seat. I don't know the exact link, but if you just go to poker dot org, I'm sure you can find it, or you can check the parkers.
Speaker 2: Like two days and you submit a team onder the same kind of rules that ADIB runs and they I believe you win a ten thousand dollars seat to a Las Vegas tournament. So that could also mean PGT event. Ope baby Pokemasa's hope baby. Some of that, you know, Like, I don't think it's necessarily WSP bound, but but yeah, that's kind of pretty cool. I'm going to be entering my team.
Speaker 1: So listen, no free ads, but they just got a really good free ad, so poker dot org to check that out. All right, I want to know from you, sir, okay. I was in the draft, so like, what what are sort of your initial big picture takeaways? Was it a shock to see, for example, US going up to one forty one on Jeremy Osmas. You know, like I feel like sitting there, Mickey and I are going back and forth with this time it was rent Linn, and I feel like, you know, it's us in ren Linn. But then there's you know, twenty two other teams that are looking at me like I'm an absolute alien out there.
Speaker 2: The first thing coming into this, I was thinking, look, there's five six teams more than normal, and I know not if people know how to adjust to the job process, right, because what does this mean? Does it mean I take the Jeremy Osmas for one hundred and fifty bucks and then find all the dollar plays five hours later, or do I do something different? Like there's no precedent for a draft size this week, so I knew the strategies were all out the window. The second thing I noticed is that some people are idiots. There's no research, there's no look you and Mickey very well prepared. I looked at others. I look at their sheets. I'd like to see who their stars are. Not going to give anything away, but I just like, I like to see how prepared people are. And you see these guys, you know, with all these names columnize. You know, we want this one, we don't want to touch these ones. And then you see dance Apo mon Zamani sitting there with a notepad with names scribbled down and chicken scratch. You got other people that I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: The best I know a team is. I mean, I'll say they're drawing dead. I just don't worry about them. When I see on their computer screen they're just looking at like twenty five k fantasy dot com from last year. I'm like, okay, you are drawing dead like you're just looking at the past result. You have no idea what's going on. Okay, cool, that's good, you know, But there were a lot of teams that I felt like had I mean, I didn't like, you know, I'm not trying to look at every one's notes, but you can see them if you just walk around the room or whatever. And there was a lot of people who had like a lot of spreadsheets. They were They definitely brought preparation, you know, which which made things a bit harder overall.
Speaker 2: So I think like the back the back end of the draft, right where it's you know, half the teams are gone and now pretty much wherever you nominate you're gonna get. I think that's where it's your team is made, right. And I don't know how prepared people are, like how long their list of the one dollar players is, you know, And you know, we had some wrinkles in this. We had an Australian team throwing out some Australian names that kind of mix things up. But I think that's where your team has made right, when you you lock up that star player like you guys did Jeremi Ozas, and then you can get these really high valued one dollar players that are going to like perform at a better dollar to point average than you know, some other people that are get drafted. And you can look at these names and you'll see that, Okay, he's super valued. He's super valued. And even you have people that you know, there's one name that stands out that didn't even get drafted. Did you know what I'm thinking, Alan Kesler didn't get drafted. Oh yeah, yeah, I must say Alan Kessel is the best park of player in the world. But you get in what are we getting seventy events from him? Maybe? Who knows he's gonna be in the ten k mixes. He's going to play the little stuff. Whether you think he's good, it's just a volume player you could have got. You look at all these the eighth player drafted for all these teams. I feel like Alan Kessa might be better than half of them. Yeah, value wise, say value.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with you. You know, I think I think people kind of struggle at the end of the draft and they just start throwing out names that they know or have heard. And I know Alankester is not always the most popular player within that room, but uh yeah, normally he does make an appearance. By the way, he didn't make an appearance this time on specially the helmet appearance, you know, as he.
Speaker 2: Was getting nominated and on, which was like the's timing possible. Yeah, that was impeccable.
Speaker 1: That was crazy. I guess. Just a quick aside, if you guys did miss the draft, and you do want to go check it out and see what it's about, you can head to the poker go dot com YouTube channel. We did stream the entire draft from start to finish, so that is available. I know there were plenty of people that were tuned in. The chat was extremely active throughout, so if you want to go back and check that out, you are certainly welcome to do.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about your team, and then let's talk about teams we like, or we could just like kind of whatever stands out to us. I think that's the best way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, draft is over. So last episode when we were doing the predictions and I want you know, one of the questions was who's the favorite twin player of the year. My favorite twin player of the year is Jeremy Osmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I backed out from saying it on that episode because I didn't want people to listen in and possibly get an idea that we were going to be taking him. That was the player. Mickey and I decided that, you know, we agreed, this is the guy we we're essentially going to go all in on. And to be honest, as I was bidding and going back and forth with Renlin, I thought I was gonna have to go to one ninety three. It got to the point where I was like, here we go.
Speaker 2: If we're talking about peop without a strategy, it could be red Lane. I felt like you you too.
Speaker 1: At one point, Renlan looked at me and he said, I got a whole bunch of one dollar players. I'm like, yeah, okay, so do I buddy, Like, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 2: It's it was when you guys were going at it. I wish there was There's no a duck un draft order, right.
Speaker 1: No, but I will say that. So the first player nominated was Nick Shulman, and he went for over one hundred dollars. It was one hundred and seven, which, listen, Mick and I were both Mickey and I were both very big on Nick Shulman. But it's one of those things where we know if we want Ozmas ultimately we can't also get Shulman. I mean, maybe there is a world where, you know, some miracle, you know, fantasy universe where that happens, but it's very likely that's not going to happen, Okay. I was surprised to see that Nick did push up over one hundred. Now it's again, it's not that we don't agree that he is that type of player, it's just that in the past he hasn't gotten that high. He's been a bit lower. He's been like in the seventies, I think if I recall so, so that was interesting to start, but then once that happened, I mean my initial thought was, Okay, we are going to have to go to the one thirties, one forties for our top guy, Jeremy Osmas. You know, Mickey the freaking goat. He's like, Jeremy Austmas is probably going to go for one hundred and forty. That was like his projected number what he had, and he ended up going for one forty one. So Mickey had that very much nailed. But it could have also went the other way, where was like, Okay, well maybe if everyone's kind of all in on Shulman, maybe then they're not all in on Ozmas, you know. So so yeah, I mean, ultimately it just it came down to ren Linn and I and we were going back and forth one dollar piece. To be honest, I don't really understand the strategy from these other teams. If you're bidding against me and you're up to one forty. Why are you not continuing to just go? Especially bren Lynn who claims that he has a one dollar player, Like, I don't. I don't like one forty is your cap? Like what is this cap?
Speaker 2: Did you have a cap on Jeremy?
Speaker 1: That's no, the cap was one ninety three, which is the mac CONFIGU teammate Mickey, Yeah, damn. And we I mean, I'll tell you what our plan was. If it got to like one seventy five. I was saying one ninety three, because you can at that point you can't risk not getting that player if that's who we want. So it's like, at some point you can't risk like possibly saying if he says one seventy five, I say one seventy six. Then he says one ninety three, Like we don't want to risk that. So we were like, okay, fine, here we go. If it gets that high, I'm just gonna have to say the number like I mean, and then we're gonna leave the room for four hours and come back and try and draft a bunch of one dollar players. That was the plan. But like, I don't understand that strategy Another strategy that I don't understand is these teams. There was several of them today, and there is several of them every year. They're in on like every player that gets nominated. I'm like, what mind? So weird to me, it seems like you should just you should pick your kind of target guys and you should go after them. Now, speaking of target guys and pulling this back to our team, everyone that we got on our team all A players. We got Jeremy Osmas, Seth Davies, Stevensong, John Shorman, Boris Angelov, Tommy Coral, Nicholas Milgrim, and Urie Reichenstein we had on our list, So they were targeted players from US. Now that some of them were a bit further down the list, yes, because obviously players get taken from you, you get out bid, all that sort of stuff. But we got everyone that we set out that was on a list. We didn't have to pull any audibles. We didn't have to, like, you know, randomly be like, oh, we got to pull this guy in because all of our guys are gone. No. So I feel good in the preparation that we did. I will also admit that at some point it did feel a little touch and go because some of the players were getting thrown out from some other teams who had more money and they were bidding on them. So yeah, so it was it was an interesting draft. Our plan a coming into it was Ozma's at Ozmas. First. We love the fact that we drew the three card to nominate third so that we could nominate Ozmas and just go get him right away. And then we wanted the King John Reardan.
Speaker 2: How much did they spend on Real fifty four?
Speaker 1: We went all in at fifty three and we got out bid.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of that today.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just that's just outrageous by that team. It's definitely from the set Davies pick.
Speaker 2: The reason being is obviously there's gonna be some high roles here in the studio, so we may lose him for that, but is he gonna fall in that kind of Jason Kuhn category with.
Speaker 1: Seth Davey said, everything Nolan had hold him in PLO ten k pluk, A bunch of stuff below that, I'm gonna be firing hard. He's ready to go. You know Another thing that that we did, Mickey and I is we spoke to pretty much everyone on our team. I mean, we didn't speak to Stephen Song, but we don't We don't need to speak to Stephen Song. We know about Steven Song, and we didn't speak to bors Angelo, but we had secondhand information from somebody invested in our team about Boris Angelov. Everyone else. We had direct messages from going back and forth to them. Hey, this is like kind of what I'm planning whatever. I had no idea how to reach Ury Richton sign. I've always wanted to draft him, and I got ahold of his email, fired off an email the guy replied in thirty minutes. Without thirty minutes. I was like, this guy is in ready to go, ready to f and go. So, Uri Baby, you are our field bonus king. Please make it happen. You and Stephen Song. I'm expecting two big field bonuses.
Speaker 2: Can you can you throw us some some one dollar players? You you had, you you were targeting if say the Nick Milgrims, Tom Carl's, Uri Richard Signs didn't didn't come you away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we had Ian Steinmann again, who who came? We nominated him and then somebody immediately said eight dollars or something. So I mean that was, yeah, that was unfortunate. We had Ryan Lang on our team or on our list. We had he went early, didn't he? Yeah, fairly early. We had Renji Mao Ricky who ended up getting picked up by.
Speaker 2: That was the best part of the So, for those who's not aware, rend Land gives me these names. So I don't know if he saw he wrote the names down. He always does this, he's very great. This time he wrote them in Chinese, in Chinese characters. I don't read that. I can read my name in Chinese. Then the real name. He probably just thought fellow Asian. Maybe there's a shot. Yeah, And I was like, I think I got the pronunciation pretty well because I had to ask him like did I pronounce this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, but like you definitely butchered some others.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm terrible for those, I'm terrible at pronunciation, but I do my best. And then he had Renjie Mao, who's also Ricky Mao. I guess Ricky was sitting at the table with them, and I think it was Brent and someone else were bidding on him. Brent didn't even know he was sitting there. Renji brought out his camera and was filming it as he was getting bid on a bit like Phil Holmer. So I already love this guy.
Speaker 1: You know, he's going pretty hard. He's got a big package.
Speaker 2: He so big for him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean we had a bunch of people, you know, we had people. We don't necessarily call him one dollar players. We call them bargain players because maybe we need to get him for three, four or five something like that. So one of our biggest guys is somebody that we had last year, and that was Dario Alioto. But you know, for whatever reason, other people were on him and he went for a crap ton of money and went for twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty something, and that was twenty five.
Speaker 1: We have to have the best hit rate our team over the years of putting somebody on the map for like sub five dollars and then all of a sudden, they're John Reard and fifty four dollars. Yeah, Like we were on Stephen Song, we were on Dario Alioto, you know, we were on obviously John Reard, and like we've been on all these guys for cheap. It goes back to the whole genesis of the entire thing. Myself and Rich Ryan talking some smack on the on the Poker News podcast back in the day, saying like, it's Ivy in the Misfits, it's Ivy for one ninety three and seven players for a dollar. And that was the whole idea. And you know, basically Daniel Lagrond and listened to the podcast, said hey, you guys can sell action and get in here if you want. That's how we ended up getting into the thing. You know, Basically, Daniel was like, if you guys are going to talk to talk, you need to come out here and prove it and try and walk the walk. So we've been in this thing every time.
Speaker 2: You proved it one time, we did, we did win it one time everybody, but this is this is the year to win.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is the year to win. So yeah, So we have Jeremy Olsm's one hundred and forty one dollars set Davies twenty nine dollars. He's our next most expensive player. And Davies is our you know, he's our high roller guy. We want definitely wanted to target a guy who is like he's going to play the two fifty k, the hundred k, you know, the fifty k is all that sort of stuff we wanted, like one of those guys on the team. Seth has been absolutely on fire the last what year, maybe eight months to a year, you know, absolutely crushing it. Not that he hasn't been an extremely good player over the years, it's just you know, variants as a giant bitch, and it doesn't always work out for you. Steven Song our third year in a row with mister Song, so we love to have him. We got him for seventeen. We were prepared to go a little bit higher, and then we rounded up the team. John Shuman a dollar, Boris Angelova dollar, Tommy Coral a dollar, Nicholas Milgram four dollars, but he was really one dollar. We bid four dollars because at that time, the way that we structured things, no one else could bid higher than four dollars. So I believe it was Daniel Legrandu who threw him out for a dollar. We said four, shut everyone out, great, and then we had six dollars left over for Euri Uygenstein. You know, we just nominated him for six dollars knowing no one else had that money left. So in terms of like strategic maneuvering at the end, with the money that we had. I'm very very happy with how we closed things out because we we planned our nominations in a way that we're like, Okay, let's throw this guy out there. Maybe he'll slip through for a dollar. If not, that's fine. We do want to save money for Nicholas Milgram and Euri Reichenstein should we need it at the end, because we definitely want those two guys. And you know, as it turns out, I mean, it's not that those guys wouldn't have come to us for one or two dollars, but we were able to for sure lock him in, Like it was basically Mickey saying, yeah, ury Rich densign six dollars, just give him to us because no one else has that money, so he's ours. So overall, I'm extremely happy with things. Obviously, this whole thing is a giant you know, gamble on a variance fest. So whatever, what else you got for me?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just I'm looking at the teams. I'm trying to see if I can do I have a favorite team.
Speaker 1: Well, you keep looking. I'm going to run through the top ten most expensive players from this draft. So we have Jeremy Osmas on our team one hundred and forty one dollars, a record price for the twenty five K Fantasy draft. Then it's Scott sever one hundred and twenty five dollars. According to multiple sources, Scott sever is trying to run it back for WSP Player of the Year. So he's the second most pricey player. Yuri's Evelevski aka ury nerd Guy, the Brazilian superstar, third most expensive player at one hundred and nineteen dollars. Then you have Daniel Legrandu, who was drafted by himself one hundred and eight dollars. For him, we paid one thirty two I believe last year Nick Shulman one oh seven. He was the first player off the board, nominated by Mike Lang's team and then ultimately drafted for one oh seven. Jesse loanis an absolutely massive price for Jesse loanis one hundred and three dollars. So those those are the top six. Then we have everyone else within the top ten is above ninety dollars. So we had Sean deeb at ninety nine, Benny Glaser at ninety nine. Phil Ivey must be back because phil Ivey went for ninety five dollars. I Mickey and I talked and I said, I think phil Ivey's back, Like I think he's back. So it seems like other players seem to agree ninety five dollars for Ivy and then James Ops, you're a Aussie boy ninety one dollars who was on our list for kind of like mid tierish possibly bargain because he's one of those weird players who I don't think a lot of people talk to him or know about him. But then he walked in the room of course.
Speaker 2: With teams sent him an email on your behalf.
Speaker 1: No, no, I know, but I'm saying a lot of he's just like a guy who I don't think a lot of people have connections, you know, so they just kind of don't know what's going to happen. But then he walked in the room, so obviously you could tell that. Okay, probably a lot of people are going to be on him. So that's that, I guess the other and.
Speaker 2: I give you some intel on that, yeah, go ahead. So I just found I was talking to dider Geren, who is the I guess the captain of the Team Australia team. He was telling me that in back in Australia in the poker tournaments the APL, they run something very similar to this but for Australian players for their major series, so they're running their own kind of twenty five K fantasy.
Speaker 1: I mean we need to be doing this for every PG show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Da was drafted last year in the Mark Gregory's draft, which got him interested, and then they launched that in Australia, so he's been playing that and he's like, you know what, I'm gonna jump in. I know how the rules, I know how it works, and that's why he drafting a team, and that's why he also drafted James Ups, who was sitting at the team with him.
Speaker 1: I guess I should move over to hit on Daniel legrand New's team next, just because we do have some audio and video with Daniels. So Daniel ended up with himself first, which I asked him about in the interview, so you'll hear his thoughts there. He also finished with Jous Samoo. Those were his top two most expensive guys. He's got Mike Madisou aka the Mouth. He's got Anthony Zeno, Shout out Zeno. He's got Eric E. Dog Lingren Tyler Brown, John Turner, and this is the pick of the draft, Nick Palmer. NICKI, I mean the universe is this pick. So that is Daniel Legrand News team. And let's just throw it to Dan Eggs right now and let's hear from him. After the twenty five K Fantasy Draft. Oh, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Like I had these people saying I want a team, and people say that every year. I'm yeah, but it's twenty five thousand, and then they sent me twenty five thousand in bitcourt.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, we'll see you here. Obviously.
Speaker 3: It just shows how much this thing has really really grown and how much people see throughout the summer they have this fomo. They want to be a part of it. They want to draft their own team. And now you have the other extended aspect, which is the David bakerpool.
Speaker 1: So for the low rollers, you're.
Speaker 3: Gonna have a chance to build your own team. Taking a look at the scores here, and it's a big group of players with twenty four teams. I had no intention of drafting myself because the way that I look at it is when you have an expanded group of teams, if you do any other fantasy. You realize that, like there's less high value targets, so they go up in price. And I saw my so last year I went for one thirty two. I'm like, these guys are gonna spend one sixty on me, But all of a sudden, I hear one oh seven and nobody's well want to wait? So now I had to go complete audible with my strategy. My strategy was Max Colman Jowel Smoo was my big two. So now it's instead me and Joel Smoll. So I'll take that. The thing is, you want to get value. Mattis I at three dollars is value? E dogg at two is most certainly value. Tyler Brown I really like his game. I think he went for what he was supposed to, probably Ish and pearl jam. You know, he's a guy who can play all the mixed games for a buck. The wildcard is, of course, Nicky Pete. He's he was texting on Stop saying, bro, I'm bringing it. I'm gonna have a great summer.
Speaker 2: Pick me, pick me.
Speaker 3: I looked at my list, I'm like, I think it's time to give Nicky p a shot. Well, we got fifty k's fifty k's lady gagat Team China. I always play every year.
Speaker 1: It's a fifty K bet.
Speaker 3: I'm charging him one hundred percent tariff, so he's got to lay.
Speaker 1: A hundred and fifty k.
Speaker 3: But I like his team. I almost was going to go with the strategy of sniping his team because he always picks a couple of big guys and then picks these Asian guys we don't know, and I don't know them either. But I was just gonna say two you know, on randoms like but I didn't go that route.
Speaker 1: All right, So that was d naggs. You heard it there. I mean, he's got people were coming up to him by the way afterwards. You know, he's going side bed side bed side bets. Fifty K here fifty K. I mean, this guy's got to have three hundred K on this draft.
Speaker 2: And what maybe maybe what they will do it that's what it is. It is.
Speaker 1: Well, I I don't ever do any side bets for our team. I am essentially all in on with what I want to invest on the team. And and that's that, you know, And.
Speaker 2: Plus a lot of the teammate wants to do a side bet.
Speaker 1: A lot of these guys will hold on a lot of these guys come up to you and they're like, you know, a five K side. But I'm like, no, I don't know what you guys, No, no, we're not doing that. Like I'm fully like, this is already. It's you know, it's a giant crapshoot as is. Yeah, you know you're betting on people who are gambling for the next seven weeks. I mean that's just it's crazy. So whatever, But what he's got he wanted to side of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was talking trash about I'm not gonna I want to say the night. But he was talking atle bit of trash about one of the teams he's ready to ready, he'll get in fire away And maybe he was sliding into some d ms via Twitter and get some side action on himself.
Speaker 1: So a couple of picks I thought were I guess crazy, wild, insane. First of all, there was some names that I've I've never heard of, which I think that's great. A Romaane Morvin, Marvin, I don't even know how to pronounce that. From Team Australia. I think Team Australia, I feel like they brought three Australians and the like was going to draft them, Like that's just how.
Speaker 2: What's funny is one of the guys that they nominated for a dollar got picked up by Team Novig. I'm like, and then they didn't they had money, they didn't spend any more money on on getting him. I was wondering if, like, why did they not you know, look up he's saying them right now. Was that Cooper felt felt to him he's got six hundred k in winnings. Yeah, I don't know who that is. I don't know either, not that Cooper is not a good player, but I don't know. Yeah, but I'm surprised if they got to know isn't at the draft? Yeah, yeah, he was at the draft. Yeah. Look, I'm surprised they didn't just add the one more dollar to try and get him because the guy that got him only had three dollars that he was maxed out of three bid two see would have got him for one more dollars. So I don't know, maybe he's not playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean John Raisner for fifty four dollars is probably the most absurd pack of the draft.
Speaker 2: The guys having a kid. Okay, if he didn't know that would it be an absurd price? Okay because I didn't know he was having a kid. Okay, but here's the thing. You have to know that stuff.
Speaker 1: You can't just gamble player like you need like Mickey and I, and even before Mickey and I doing the draft this year, I've always been like, I want to have an idea of what these guys. Don't just want to like throw hail mary's. You know, there have been times when we have you know, thrown hail mary's in the past and we've ultimately been burned by things. So we don't want to have that happen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You want to try and gather as much information at you as you can, just like you're doing in poker, where you're trying to collect all the information that you can to hopefully make the best decision. Still an incomplete decision, right, You're just trying to get everything, trying to use as much research as possible, you know, as much you know, reaching out to people, talking to people, all that sort of stuff. You can check sites like Poker State, you can go on social media like whatever it is, and just trying to feel stuff out and that team splash the octop I remember they drafted him and they came over to us and they're like, oh, Racinger for fifty four dollars, like that seems like a good pick. And I was like, in my head, I'm like, he's having a kid. He's probably only going to make a couple of trips here and there. Listen, if Racer's here playing every single day, he's probably an eighty or ninety dollars player. Okay, he's not going to be here every day, So you just can't. I don't think you can spend that type of capital. And I think you could tell by the teams that were bidding on Racer. There was teams that knew that he was having a kid, and there were other teams that didn't know, and the ones that didn't know were bidding on him. So you know, what are you going to do there? Overall? So yeah, that that team overall splashy OCTOPI, it seems somewhat questionable to me. I mean, I do like, I like reard in for fifty four, but that also feels like one of the things where I think Rearden is worth fifty four to us. I don't know if he's really worth fifty four. You know, we just have him near and dear to our heart, King John Reard in the third is I love to call it.
Speaker 2: He's a locker room guy, good chemistry exactly. Yeah, he's the glue of the team. So you know why I don't like on Splash Octipy not the biggest. I know it's cheap a Eric Baldwin five dollars. How many venation and win events? Is he going to play over World Series?
Speaker 1: Sure, I actually don't mind that pick.
Speaker 2: It was their last pick, but just like I wonder if they could maybe I don't know, they could have maybe found someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious on what because of how they approached John Race. John'm curious if they know anything about Mike Leo spoke to Mike Lee. Yeah, was on our bargain list. But he's only he's only making a few trips except four weeks, right. I think he put out a table and he and he's you know, he's probably good for a dollar maybe, But like, I just don't know what they're what they think about him, because I just think overall their team has a lot of gaps in terms of schedule. We talked about Mike Rowdinski is one of those players who I don't think plays a full schedule anymore. Right, Mike Lea is not going to You just brought up the point about Eric Baldwin that's worth making. Is he going to be venue hopping?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know. So there's that Ray Henson. I don't I don't know about Ray.
Speaker 2: You know, is he really can he really out dedicate seven weeks here? Was he going to do two weeks here? One way? Come two weeks? See it? Kind of thing?
Speaker 1: So I think Eric Sidell, who's on their team, as an incredible player. You know, the guy's a freaking legend. You know. There's an article on poker Stake where they did speak to him. He said twenty five to thirty events. So I think if you're ultimately comfortable with that, then that's fine. Maybe you want, you know, to get up closer to like forty to fifty events, right, love them the Robert ms Rocky pick. I do really like that one. I think that's their best pick overall. Again, because even though I love John Reardan, I just think that John Rearden is not worth the price to other teams. He's worth it to us. Okay, this is our guy, Okay, I mean, let's just quickly run through some of these other teams and we'll kind of like be like, okay, we like this, we don't like this. You know, we won't keep this super like in depth about everything. I'll just go through, like as the draft order went. Mike Lang's team, Shannon Shore for thirty five, Iamatakis former Player of the Year for twenty, Ari Angle for twenty. I don't like that pick at all, Dan Shack for ten, Adam Owned for twenty two, Sam Soverll for four, Josh Reiker for thirty seven, and then Ryan Hoenig for fifty two. I know that price tag at the end there might shock a lot of people, but they were they had the most money at the time, and they just said, we're all in. You know, it's our last pick. We're out of here type of thing. Anything stick out to you there, and if when we run through these teams, if nothing sticks out, we can just quickly move on. It's not a big deal.
Speaker 2: C plus grade, C plus.
Speaker 1: Grade, Okay, I like it. We had Adam Owen on our bargain list. Obviously, there were many other teams on him as a as a a target player, you know, even for a somewhat cheaper price, and he ended up going for twenty two. The Ari angle thing is just tricky because honestly, and he's I think he said it before, like on social media, I could be at the freaking binions playing the three hundred dollars omaha, Like you just never know what that guy. So there's that. I heard Sam Silverll might be playing mostly like here and there at the WSP and focusing on the stuff here at the studio the big PGT events, So so I don't know about that now. Josh reit Guard is invested in their team, so having him there, you know he's probably a good player. He's like their version of our Steven Song team Fena Poker, Kevin Gerhart for FI Team, Sean Deep for ninety nine, Chris Vich for forty eight, Max Pescatory for two, Daniel Cpo for twelve, hal Rotholts for five dollars, Matt Valo, who is the co founder owner CEO Fenum Poker, and then huck Seed for oh great, pick the huck seed for a doll You're only saying that because Mickey off camera the huck Seed for a dollar is I mean, is hux he gonna play.
Speaker 2: Look, he is a phenom pro, right, so maybe he really I thought he was.
Speaker 1: I haven't could tell you. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, then maybe I don't know. He has a BA. This is a this is a bee a B because they have Dave He's gonna play ten thousand events, they have Kevin gohodho's going to be and all the mix was same with Viitch.
Speaker 1: So the sametory The interesting part about Kevin Gearhart and this is where some teams have an advantage over other teams. I talked to Kevin and I asked him, and are you are you doing anything at twenty five k A. You're helping a team because he's helped teams in the past, and obviously Kevin has done some commentary alongside me. We're relatively close, you know, all that sort of stuff. And he said, yeah, he's helping out with the team. This is the team that he helped out with pen Poker. And he also said that the team he's helping out with, if they draft him, are going to be willing to put him in some bigger stuff. So this is another one where as the bidding's going back and forth between this team Fenom Poker and whoever the other team was. I'm thinking, well, it's way more valuable valuable to Phenom Poker if they're ultimately going to put him in tournaments versus the other team who might spend up and then he doesn't play those bigger like ten K mixed events. So the fact that Phenom did ultimately land him is probably a very good thing one for Kevin. You know, he gets take some more shots, which you often see through the twenty five K Fantasy League, and then you know, it probably benefits Phenom Poker overall. We already talked about our team, so we'll skip them. We'll move over to the Dinkers, the defending champs. They got Benny Glauser for ninety nine. They got Dylan Wiseman for fifty one, David Prociak for five dollars, Brandon Wilson for a buck, Sergio Ido for two dollars, who we had last year, Victor Blam for twenty two, Alan Lee for nine, and Alex Ponokovs for eleven.
Speaker 2: This team's I like, I really like this team.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I know you and I have talked about Allen Lee in the past.
Speaker 2: Love love Allen Lee.
Speaker 1: He's a very selective player, so you know that's gonna be interesting. They so these last two picks, Alan Lee for nine dollars and Alex Ponokoffs for eleven dollars. They had eighteen dollars left, which I think was the most out of anyone at the time, and they structured it so that no one else could outbid them. They said Allen Lee for nine, they said Alex Ponocoafs for eleven. So that's how they went about that.
Speaker 2: I think that Prosiac pick will be good value. I think Sergio is good value two dollars, probably going to play everything up to the two fifty k when it comes to hold him. And you know, Brandon Wilson for a dollar, you don't know what he's going to play, but you know he's results speak for himself.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I life, my concern would be Brandon Wilson. It's just a roster spot for a guy who I could feel like could play five events like two fifty k, hunter K fifty k, you know like that, like that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah him, all right.
Speaker 1: Team Novig this was a new team this year. They got Chance Corneck for eighty Chris Brewer for seventy, Brad Ruman for thirty one, Yuki Zoo aka rich Zoo for thirteen, Nick Seward for one, Cooper felt Him for two, Ismael Bojang for two, and Kyle Miholitch for one. I don't know Cooper, you know, I know I looked up his hendon after his name was called. I don't know Kyle. I looked up his hendon after his name of called. They feel like, you know, kind of those boom Er Bust low price. Hopefully you hit a couple of field bonuses types of guys. The Ismael Bojang pick. I know he's been a popular name in the past. I just have no idea what his volume is going to be like, so I would worry there.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if Yuki Zoo put out any tweets telling people how well his schedule was. So that's that thirteen dollars there. You don't know, is he really going to be playing a full schedule?
Speaker 1: I mean, if he is, then he's he's That's that's a pretty good pick. So I don't. I don't hate this one.
Speaker 2: I just don't like how they finished that draft.
Speaker 1: See, I don't I don't like having a guy like Chance corn as your biggest player. Not that Chance Corneth is not good, and not that he's not worth a hefty price, but I just don't think the overall volume is going to be there, you know, So I just don't know.
Speaker 2: That was another one with a kid at home back in I think, what is it.
Speaker 1: Tnational now or maybe Nashville one or the other?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that like, is he you know, we know he can play everything, all buyings, all games, PLO and the limit, but is he going to do the two.
Speaker 1: Weeks they play the big pillows?
Speaker 2: Of course he plays a big pilo, Yeah, but is he going to do two weeks here to go back to spend the time with the family kind of come back? And you know, he's one of those ones, or he could honestly just be you know, he doesn't play our events anymore, mainly because for a multitude of reasons. But it could be something where he is completely invested in the World Series and playing the three K hold him a fifteen hundred or you know, even the Gladiators of Poker as well as everything up to one hundred K. We don't really sure. So I don't think him being an anchor is horrible. I just don't like how they finished that drop with the with the Boggain.
Speaker 1: Players Glue Factory. That was Danny Cipo's team. He got Phil Ivy for ninety five. Ivy's back. I guess he's back, babies, Nacho Barbaro for fifty nine. John Kite for twenty six, who we had on our bargain list, has been having some success recently. Believe he's a British player and has a pretty big poker steak offering out there. Brock Wilson for five, Giorgio's Sodoropolis for three, Cherish Andrews for three, Andrew Lichtenberger for one, Ian Steinman for eight. They stole Ian Steinman for us.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I love that Boggin players.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, No, No, I mean, is Andrew Lichtenberger playing poker again?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I could not tell you what he's going to be doing.
Speaker 2: They have Look, they have five of the they have the five hull to him field bonus people right there like a Brock. They got Georgia's, they a Cherish, they got Lucky Chewi, they got Ian Steinman. They could hit all five of those, could finish top twenty seven. In the monster stack, sure like. I mean, their team's very no limit holding base and obviously Dan Sepio being a no limbit guy. That doesn't make a lot of sense knowing those players better. But I like how they finished the draft, to be honest, I don't like Ivy for the ninety five or who knows how Ivy I just don't know when he's showing up.
Speaker 1: I think I don't like Nacho for fifty nine.
Speaker 2: I think that seems the right value, though, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know if i'd be willing to pay that one. Moving on to Girl Dads, that's Ryan Reese's team.
Speaker 2: VI's of Ryan and Jesse's team, by the way, but.
Speaker 1: Jesse's not here, but he's on fine, he's only yeah, he's on the team for one dollars. This is they always split the team, No, I know, Okay, so Jesse Lonie hundred and three, Patrick Leonard thirty, David Funkouser twenty three, Nick Papillo ten, Brad Owen twelve, Christian Roberts fifteen, A Romozobian one Ethan yao. That's Rampage for one. I mean this team, I got no idea what's going on here. I'm a fan of David Funkauser as a pick. I'm a fan of Patrick Leonard as a pick. I cannot in a million years reconcile spending one hundred and three dollars on Jesse Lonis. I mean, I know he's hotter than ever right now. I love the guy. He's like an og gangster type of player. I just what one hundred and three? It seems a little, it seems outrageous, like what is happening? But I guess would you say that Pads was probably undervalued at thirty dollars? Yeah, so then I think maybe if you put them together for one thirty three, it's probably not hard if you look at it, try and look at it that way. Yeah, But like, can you take that one hundred dollars if Pads is thirty and David Funkauser is twenty three, which I like those prices for those players, you know, can you take that one hundred dollars for Jesse Loonis and you know, spin it into something else, Like, for example, you could have spent sixty six dollars on Alex Foxen, who is gonna play likely the same exact stuff as Jesse Lonis maybe even a few more things and is probably a little bit of a better player. And even if he's not a better player, even if they're the exact same player, you get essentially forty dollars to spend elsewhere and you're not you know, taking Rampage and Aramzobian and you know those picks.
Speaker 2: Like you can basically get the Grondin for that price too.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so that's just yeah, I can't I mean, I can't imagine paying one all three for Jesse Lonis, you know, but hey, it's it's his team, so whatever, uh Frog poison, this is Martin Zemani's team. Got Scott Sever for one to twenty five, Dylan Smith for sixty four. I like those two picks. I think I will say I'm a little burned by Scott sever but you know, whatever, it is, what it is, Ryan Lang for six. And then they rounded it out with a bunch of one dollar players. They got Mike Holton for one dollar, Noel Rodriguez for a dollar, George Woolf for a dollar, Sean Troja for a dollar, and David Stam for what says zero but it's really a dollar, Like I mean, this is similar to our strategy Superstars and Scrubs, so I'm always going to really like that strategy. I think Dylan Smith here is severely underpriced. It's sixty four dollars. I'm kind of surprised. I don't remember exactly what was going on with the team that Dylan Smith is a part of and why he wasn't in on himself, but sixty four dollars for Dylan Smith seems like an absolute freaking well he.
Speaker 2: Was in on the bidding. I think he just got to a point where this is a little too too expensive.
Speaker 1: But that's such a great price. I'd rather way rather have Dylan Smith for sixty four than Jesse Loans for one on three.
Speaker 2: I from memory, I think, you know, Martin didn't have too many people picked. I think Dylan seem already had a pretty strong base and maybe they just couldn't afford him. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, you know, some of these one dollar players, I just kind of question volume. You know, I know Michael's will be there probably every single day, but how high is he gonna play?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And online doesn't count, right, Yeah, online does not count. I don't know about Noel Rodriguez in terms of his volume. I don't really know about George Wolf in terms of his volume. Sean Troja is literally omaha only yeap. So you know, while that's good, he's obviously very good at that. I just I don't know. And then David Stam is kind of a flyer, but you know whatever, no big deal, survivor sweat. This is odib's team. They got Michael monsec that's Texas Mike for eighty nine, Ben Yu for thirty one, Marco Johnson for forty nine, Danny Tang twenty six, Sam Lasquitz for a dollar, Tyler Monsek, who is the brother of Michael Monsek, for a dollar, Ali Islami for a dollar, and Esther Taylor for a dollar. So the first thing I want to talk about is this story that I talked with ODB afterwards. So he drafted Texas Mike, who is supposedly playing every single day as many frigging bullets as humanly possible. He basically told ODB, I think you know, I'm paraphrasing whatever, but that he would trade his first kid for winning Player.
Speaker 2: Of the Year.
Speaker 1: So he's ready to Wow, He's ready to Then he said that that ODB should draft his brother, who like doesn't know how to play poker, but Texas Mike will teach him, and Texas Mike will put him in everything, possibly the two fifty K. What this I read the text messages. I'm sorry if I'm outing you, ODB. I know you talked about it on a story, but this this actually happened. He's like, he's extremely experienced, but he's the smartest person I know. I will teach him and I will put him in everything up to twenty five k's and it's likely that he might even see him in the two fifty K. I mean, what in the what is his kid on?
Speaker 2: He cashed the five klass yea and that Paradise lost yer cash in a ten KGGMI.
Speaker 1: So I mean this is this is an outrageous pick, a crazy story if it happens to come to fruition and works out for ODB. But holy lord, this is wild, Like it's just the wild how this comes together. Danny Tang, I know ODIB is somewhat close with I really like that pick. Danny Tang's one of those guys where I can never really get in touch with or you know, get a schedule on I know Odib. If you listen to Odb's pod that he has with Adam Schwartz, he has talked about how he's kind of close with Danny Tang. So if he's making that pick, I like it. Marco Johnson, I feel like it's one of those ones where I know Odib's close to him, So I guess I trust him there. I just don't know me personally. And then Ben You, I mean, you're the guy who texted me the other day. What the heck has happened to Ben You? I haven't seen that guy a year, so I don't know is he playing? I mean, I guess so, yes, sir. So there's that team Team Australia. They went and got James Ops. They got David Odib Baker, they got James Ops's ninety one, Baker was fifty one. They got Jerry Wong for nineteen, Brandon Shack Harris for thirty two, romayin Morvin for one dollar, did a garrant for a dollar, Ryan the Plant for a dollar, in the Mustapha Cannute for four dollars. I guess the one that sticks out to me is Brandon Jack Harris. If you're paying thirty two dollars for Brandon check Harris. I think you must know something like he's bad to be playing. Yeah, I mean that must be the thing, like or are you just looking at past results and going off of that. I don't know. Handsome horses. This was Benny Glasser's team, along with Patrick Leonard and Craig Chait. They got Chatty Sledge for eighty seven, Chino Reem for forty five, Matthew Wantman for twenty one, Chris Unikan aka Big Huni for fifteen, Phil Sternheimer for twenty one, Tomash Gluzzco for a dollar That has to be like a bit big guy as far as I'm concerned, Christopher Classan shout out, Spewey for two dollars, and then Lawrence Brandt for eight dollars. This the pick that sticks out to me that I would deem highly questionable is Philip Sternheimer for twenty one. I mean, I guess he's first of all, it was weird that he wasn't here. He normally has a team.
Speaker 2: Maybe he was still a tryton, that would be my only guess, so, but he usually still as a team. Yeah, So I thought that that was it.
Speaker 1: That was interesting, and he normally doesn't play a lot of the tournaments, plays like some of the big stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll play. No. Last year he played a lot, but like he also dropped pretty sure he drofted himself lost year.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Team Liaison that was Andrew Ostopchenko's team. He drafted Yuri Zeveleski for one nineteen, David Coleman for seven dollars, John Manette for nineteen, Dario Alioto stole them from us, come on Man twenty five dollars, Thomas Taylor seven dollars, Samuel Muller for a dollar, Clemens Reuter for nine dollars, and then Andrew got himself Andrew Ostopchenko for one dollar. I don't know how I feel about this team. I feel like they probably could have the John Manette pick I think questionable. John Manett is extremely good, but he put out there, you know, a tweet that is kind of questioning what sort of volume that he's gonna play, and see he's gonna stick to cash games. So I would be a little bit iffy there. And if you could ultimately like use that nineteen to turn it into somebody else, I don't necessarily know IM I'd have to dig a little bit further, but that's kind of the first thing that sticks out to me. The Hoggers. That was Dylan Smith, Chatty Sledge, that Florida group. They got Aaron Coopan who was over there with them at the table for forty two, Jake Schwartz for thirty one, Matt Lance for thirty five, Brian un for thirty four, Jason Mercier for forty one. That seems wild, Robert Wells for ten, Danny Wong for six, and David Bennumin for one. This is my least favorite type of build in the entire thing. I hate when you just go like a bunch of like thirty to forty dollars players. I hate it personally.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty good thirty to forty dollar players. Though.
Speaker 1: Is Jason Rizyr playing tournaments?
Speaker 2: I feel like if anyone's going to draft him and spend money and it's the Florida guys, that means something. That's the way I see that.
Speaker 1: I mean yes and no. I mean I have no idea, but I mean if.
Speaker 2: Anyone knows I was sitting in that room, I feel like they probably have the most clue about Jason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's that's interesting. I mean, maybe it is.
Speaker 2: David Benjamin for a dollar. I'm not so sure about that one. Like, yeah, they could have got a lot of other dollar players, but I think they were. You know what, actually Dylan Smith said and this Dylan Smith was going to say Nick Milgram. He said Nick Milgram one dollar, and he goes, well, actually David Benjamin one dollar.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: So they could have Nick Milgram and that would have been very good. You know, they might not have got Nick for a dollar, but they would have That would have been a very very good mixed game team that this is all mixed games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, team Norri Norri drafting with Toby Lewis, they got Alex Livingston for eighty one. Also not in the room who has been in the room in the past, Alex Livingston justin slieb or forty those two, I believe our roommates during the Dibisipede. Jim Collapy for forty three, Maxim piece Aranco for twelve, Noah Bronstein for a dollar, Toby Lewis for a dollar, Gus Hansen for two dollars might be the surprise pick of the draft and then bow Ding for nine dollars. Baw Ding could come back to haunt Mickey and I, so ren Lynn had eight dollars remaining and bid eight on bow Ding. Now, I had been telling Mickey through my research, like this guy crushes, he crushes everything. It's just a matter of I have no idea if he's coming or not. So it's basically like if Reren throws him out there, then we know he's gonna be here. Yeah, and Ren threw him out there there for eight dollars. We had nine, and Mickey and I were like literally in the tank talking back and forth, and then the next thing, you know, Toby Lewis said nine.
Speaker 2: He looked at nine.
Speaker 1: Max, Well he said nine. So we had nine Max, so we couldn't go tank, but we were thinking about going night. Now that's not to say that teen noy would done ten, yeah, but that we kind of got caught up there. We were like should we do it? Should we not? Like what are we gonna do? Because we still didn't yet have our team filled out. We didn't have Milgrim, we didn't have Reichenstein, So we were like, well, should we do it? Should we not? You know, whatever it does seem like he's coming if friend's throwing him out there, so yeah, so that might come back to bite us in the end. The Gus Hansen one is an interesting pick because he was thrown out by somebody on the other side of the room. I forget who it might have been. Oh, it was the Hoggers. They threw him out because this is where you skipped I skipped one. And then anyway, they throw out him and then Daniel like jumps out of his seat. He's like what huh. And the way that it sounded from Daniel, who I think only had one dollar left to max bit on a player like had talked to Gus that he's playing, and he was basically saying to them across the room like, oh, did you talk to him? And Jake Schwartz is like basically like nodding like yes, And then I think I think Toby got word of that. I saw that it was like okay, two dollars and then he got him. So you know that's how that went. Toby also drafted himself because he I mean, I trust what he said. He said, Well, we don't know any other players left, so I'm drafting myself. Well what am I gonna do. So that's that team Team Splashy Occupy. We hit on this a little bit earlier. They got John Reudin for fifty four, They got John Raisner for fifty four, They got Roberts and Ms Rocky for forty.
Speaker 2: I like that pick.
Speaker 1: They got Eric Saidel for fifteen, Ray Hanson for three, Mike Gordinski for six, Mike Leah for three, Eric Baldwin for five. Tim and I had already hit on this team, so we'll skip past that one. We already talked about Daniel Lagarnage team and we did hear from him, so we'll skip past that one as well. We'll move to Eric Wasserson's team. So Eric Wasserson got himself for forty two dollars. He got Brian Rast fifty seven, Paul Volpi for fourteen, John Hennigan for eleven, David Peters for three, Darius Sammartino for fifteen, Sewn Winter for twenty two, and re renon Brushki for thirty six.
Speaker 2: A plus team.
Speaker 1: So this is this is the tam This is probably number one in A plus team if you were to grde it today based on skill, and that's that. But for me, it just comes down to volume, like how much of these guys are gonna play? I have no idea, so that's kind of the tricky thing there. I guess price per dollar for like what, or so I should say like tournaments per dollar, you know, for what I think they're gonna play. Also, how big I think they're gonna play. I like the David Peters pick at three dollars for them. I think that's a really good one, you know. I think obviously DPT's had the baby a long time ago, so you know, now it's more like kind of back to the grind type of stuff, and he's just an incredible player. So I really like him, especially when you get someone who's gonna play all those super high by and stuff.
Speaker 2: I mainly like this team because you're not gonna find them in any other tournament at any other location. Now. Yeah, look, the cash games may be pretty juicy, and they may be in those, but when it comes to tournaments, they're gonna play all the big stuff. At the World Series Mixed Game, they're gonna play all the ten k's to play the fifty k, they're gonna play the twenty five k horse, We're gonna play all of those ones, and you know, you look at these guys. Brian Rass obviously cares a lot about legacy. I think John Hennigan secretly does to Paul Volpi's, you know, right on that cusp of breaking into you know, having four or five six kind of bracelets. And then obviously Washerson got his bracelet at Paradise, so he might be itching to join some of his some of his peers. So that's why I like this team mainly because it's very WSP heavy and buying wise, very big.
Speaker 1: I just don't know about Darria Sam Martino in terms of volume. That would be my question there. Eric Washerson was kind of an ego pick, remember, he like got hundred percent got in on himself late and was.
Speaker 2: Like, that's why I think. I think he's gonna make some side bets and he might sure play big even more than than I know.
Speaker 1: You bring up the legacy thing with Brian Rast. My only concern there, Like we talked about Rast, Mickey and I and we think that he's an incredible player. He's really, really good. It's just that he has already ticked the box that he was going for, which is getting into the Poker Hall of Fame. So does he kind of, you know, just pull things back a little bit in terms of like going balls to the wall like he was when it was ahead of getting into the Poker Hall of Fame. So that would be my concern there, and I just don't know, So, you know, we just you know, avoided that one. Moving on to Team BTG, I believe that stands for beyond the Game. This team is drafted by Bryce Jockey and Chris Brewer. They got Nick Waghenti for thirty eight, Dan Zach for thirteen, Stephen Chadwick for fifty one. He's their most expensive player. Adam Friedman for eighteen, Dylan Lindy for thirty six, Puna Punsrie for nineteen, Isaac Hackson for six, and owaysam Meed for nineteen. I think that nineteen on owaysa med was just an all in play at the end. Not sure how I feel about this one.
Speaker 2: I don't mind how they started until they got to put up Punsri. I'm not sure how much Punat will play. You know, same with Isaac and then same with Oays. But technically you could say Oays is a dull player, so that's fine, but not I think maybe for nineteen dollars they could have found someone, you know, maybe with a you know, they could have got a Phelipe Ramos who would have preferred much more of a put up Punsri. But who knows. I think they started well, they've got some guys that are going to play like all the mix, all the big stuff up to the fifty k Steven Shiitweks obviously they're the big no Olympic guy that might be in all those events on the two fifty, so we'll see. I don't hate this team at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, my question would be on dan Zach him going for thirteen. It just feels like people in that room have an idea maybe he's not lasting super super hard these days, so that would just be kind of my my concern there. Splash Sports this was formerly Team No Gamble in the Future, drafted by Jeff Platt and Brent Hanks. They got Nick Schol first off the board for one hundred and seven dollars. They got Renlin for forty two. They got Adrian Mittaos for twenty five, Renji Mao aka Ricky Mao for nine, Frank Brannon for five, Jason Kuhn for four, Christian Harder for seven, and Andrew Marino for one. Love the Nick Shulman pick. Don't totally hate the ren Lin pick. Adrian Matteos, I mean Adrian Mitaos for twenty five when Jesse Lonis is going for one oh three is a great pick. I feel like Renji mao. I know Mickey and I had him on our list, so I don't hate that pick as well. Frank Brannon, I know who this is. I have no idea what sort of schedule or what he's doing, so I just have kind of questions there. We did have Jason Kuon at the kind of the bottom of our high Rolder list. We did speak with him. He said, you know, twenty five K plus. I mean, I guess it's it's fine, You're just not going to get the volume. Kun is an incredible player. Again, You're just not going to get that volume. Christian Harder, I like this pick, and then Andrew Moreno. It just kind of comes down to how often is he going to be ap type of stuff? Is he going to be venue hopping, playing the Venetian, playing win this type of stuff? But I get, you know, a one dollar flyer on Morenos is not not a bad thing at all. AJ's Eagles. That's AJ Kelsol's team. We got Max Coleman for seventy, Justin Liberto for thirty five, Arthur Morris for thirty eight. AJ drafted himself for twenty one, Carrie Katz for fourteen, King Callous for thirteen, Brian Hastings for a buck, and Martin Zemani for two dollars. An interesting team.
Speaker 2: Love Hastings for a dollar. I think Max Coleman might be overprized because you know, he hasn't been playing a full schedule oft PGT events like he used to now. Obviously he loves the mixed game stuff he always plays use but he used to always play the p Loo and the No Limit, but he's definitely dialed it down recently, so I'm not sure you know what that means for him when it comes to World Series. So that's the only pick I don't love at the Mars. I'm sure that's you know, about in line with his schedule, you know. I think hay Stings Dalla. I think Carrie, you know, we talk sometimes, we talk a little bit of negative about Kerry, but when it comes to the World Series, I think we'll find him max Lay registering all the ten k's and all the high rollers, so at least he'll be putting in the volume and then say what you want to say about skill level or how much else he's going to play. But I don't think. I don't think fourteen if Dan didn't Dan Shack go for ten dollars, I think that's you know, about how'd Raley carry? I think over Nan Shak.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, if Kerry's going to put in the volume, that's the question with him. If he's going to put in the volume, if he's going to be firing all those you know, ten k plus events, probably even five K plus events, it doesn't matter if they're max Lay reg then, and yeah, fourteen dollars is not a bad.
Speaker 2: For someone that lost their fantasy sports. I'm actually very surprised we don't carry doesn't get a team in this, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. And I will also say that, you know, Carrie wants to win a brace like and that's I think in terms of like waking up every day, going back out there and battling. That's a good thing to have as a trait, you know, because you're you're still chasing essentially, what is a Poker Players Championship title, and that is a gold bracelet. Team Lady Gaga, that's ren Lyn's team. They got Adam Hendricks for thirty three, Alex Foxen for sixty six, Jo Vieira for eighty five, Anson Sang for a dollar, Kwan Zhao for a dollar, Jijiang Luau for five dollars, Dong Chen for a dollar, and then Joshua McCully for two dollars. I have no idea who Joshua McCully is. No offense is Australian as well. Dong Chen obviously has been drafted before. Kwan Zau scores very well. Anson Sang is another Asian player that they're on. Of course, you know that they do the whole like kind of stars and scrubs and then bring all these Asian players as you know, because they write down their names and pass them to you when they're nominating them. So, yeah, this is the team we were going head to head with over Jeremy Osmas. I don't mind ren straategy. I think he takes a very similar strategy to Hours. So when it is ultimately Wren going to battle with our team on who we deem as the top guy. You know, it kind of gives me some confidence in that we're on the top guy together. You know, I would love to not have to pay one hundred and forty one dollars. Maybe we get a little bit of a break, but it is what it is. And uh yeah, the Jeremis that was Jeremy Becker's team and another Jeremy. But I don't know the other Jeremy Hakeem.
Speaker 2: Is that anything.
Speaker 1: I could not tell you. I know he's like got a lot of buzz on social media and whatnot. Forgive me for not knowing who you are. But josh Aria seventy one, Bryce Jockey sixty six, Jeremy Becker took himself for two dollars. He was thrown out there for a dollar. Jeremi Becker said, no two to me. Let's go ying Wee Lee for three dollars, Archur march Rosin for twenty eight, Dmitriybanovitch for twenty one, David bakes Baker for five dollars, and Elis parson In for a dollar. The Elis one is highly questionable to me. I know there's a fair amount of plo. I know there's a lot of high stakes plo just questionable to.
Speaker 2: Me, Yeah, very questionable. You know, when will he get here? He does play a bit of hold him, you know in the Trent events, but will he do that here? But I think elis for a dollar versus Auta for twenty eight. You know, the Alto is the same where he's kind of a no limit hold him specialist. Does play some plo, but he is a high roller guy, and a high roller guy for twenty eight when his volume is going to be I would say on the lower side is probably a little a little too pricey, but otherwise really don't mind much of how the other team is built.
Speaker 1: Money. Mondays that is Dan Fleischman's team. He got his patented phil Holm youth seventy nine dollars, Calvin Anderson for fifty one. Mickey and I were he was in our plans, was Calvin Anderson. But as we spoke to Calvin Anderson, I believe he said he capped himself at forty dollars, but obviously goes for fifty one here. Ryan Rees for eleven, Kristin far for thirty one, Jared Blessnick for six, Joe Katta for a buck, Dan Smith for six, and then Ben Lamb for fifteen. Yeah, I mean this is an interesting team. I mean it really depends on Phil Hellmuth. You know, he's got to carry things. Is he gonna take days off? Is he gonna be battling every single day or is he gonna be like, I'm a little bit too tired. I'm gonna go do whatever. So that's questionable. Cal is kind of an enigma. You know, if he shows up every single day, he's obviously one of the best players out there. It's just a question if he's going to show up every single day. Jared Blesnik did share on social media he doesn't know how much he's gonna play, So who knows with him? Who knows if that was him just kind of putting that out there. Who knows if he is actually going to be super busy and not gonna be able to play a lot. I could not tell you what Jared Blesnik is gonna do. If Jared Wilsnink does show up and play a good handful of events, then you know, yeah, he's probably worth six bucks. And then the last team Team Brown. That was Andrew Brown and you've all Bronstein's team they got You've all for forty four dollars. They got Phil Hue for thirty dollars. They got Joe Cooden for fourteen, Jeff Madsen for eleven, Philipe Ramos for eighteen, Andrew Brown got himself for two dollars, Scott Bowman for nine, and Matt Vangrin for nine, and they were left with sixty three dollars on the table, which seems like a freaking absurdity. I don't know what this team is doing leaving sixty three dollars on the table, but here we are.
Speaker 2: I don't hate that team. I just I don't really like the scup Almond pick because you never know how much SCUP ballmost.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we kind of talked with him.
Speaker 2: I liked everything else. I don't think he's a he's necessarily a good pick. Phelipe Ramos for eighteen dollars seems like a bit of his. I mean, wads is thirty. I feel like Philippe for eighteen is decent. Yeah, I mean we spoke with Philip, we got an idea of his schedule. We we nominated him, right, we nominated Filipe. Yeah, So I mean we were priced out to go to eighteen. But yeah, I know, I know Chad Holloway from Poker News, you know, our friend is big on Jeff Madson. He kept telling us to draft Jeff Madson. So I don't know if Jeff Madisen is gonna show up and play everything a series of pokm maybe for Jeff Madison. Yeah, the problem with with Brown Dog's team is that he started very late. He didn't have anyone on his team for quite a while, and I think that kind of threw out all the strategy. Well whether he had a strategy or not is a different thing, but you know, he dropped juve all very light, so he was kind of left with you know, didn't have much of the stars left. So he did have to build an interesting team, I would say, but I don't think it's horrible. Like, you know, Andrew Brown could be playing all the mixed games saying with Scott Balman, and.
Speaker 1: Brown said after he picked himself, he like kind of blurted out, not super loud, but said like, I'm playing foreigner came by ins. So I mean, who knows if that's true or not. That could also be one of those things where yeah, you have foreigner came by ins on paper, are you actually ever gonna fully play foreigner Camby ins? I mean maybe if you bust everything on day one, it can happen, yes, but it's probably likely not to get to that that amount. So yeah, I mean interesting team. I just I don't agree with not trying to spend every single dollar because you know, if you left sixty three dollars on the table, like you obviously could have spent on a lot of other players. You know, Jeff Madson, for example, could have been Dylan Smith. You know, fully Bramos could have been Dying Smith. Joekuton could have been doing so like stuff like that, right, you know, any of them could have been Alex Foxon for example. So you have a lot of those things that you're probably leaving yourself scratching your head afterwards. You know. I think last year we were left with a good chunk of money at the end, just with the way that things shook out, and we hated it. You know, I think we were left with like twenty bucks or something. We were just like what the hell, like, you know, with the way that things kind of broke. It just didn't work out in our favor that way last year. This year, that we did share to maneuver correctly at the end of the draft so that we could maximize every single dollar. All right, you got any like top two or three favorite teams who sticks out? Now, you don't need to name us, I got it. You don't got to play favorites.
Speaker 2: No, I do like your team. Like I said, I do like Wasas's team because it's very world Series centric. I do like Negrano's and I'm mainly because you know, there's maybe a chance, you know, he's got a couple of friends on his team, maybe he clips a couple of little bankroll boosters to get them in some events they might not have played. So that's pretty That's kind of the thing that stands out to me. Those three teams. I do like gren Lin's team, Lady Gaga with the the fellow Chinese players that people won't know or recognize. But obviously, if you're in poker and see these results and follow along, you know that obviously Anson Tean multi bracelet winner, Kwanzu, and Dung Jit, they all had a huge World Series last year, so wouldn't be surprised if you know, they did pretty well. And I just received, you know, text message from Lady Gaga's drafting teammate Adam Hendrix asking, do you know, like who these the king? Tell me who the team's are, like, who's behind the team names? Wren wants to make side bets, So Reren's probably very confident on his team, even though he's not on it. And yeah, I think those are the kind of four teams that I would be, you know, eyeing as being the favorites.
Speaker 1: I think I'm in love with our team. I feel like this is probably the best I've felt coming out of a draft, and it's probably because everyone that we drafted, all eight of the players were on our lists. Yeah, and you know, sometimes I didn't get that very often. Yeah, sometimes you just kind of get stuck. Maybe you don't have enough money, or people are going for too much where you kind of projected them, or things don't break a certain way. You know. For us, it was very it was it was kind of key how we navigated the first part of the draft because we wanted to get Ozma's first and we wanted to go for Reared in second. Now, if there was a world like last year where somebody threw out John Reard and I think third, then I mean we really wanted Ozmas and John Reard, but if there was a chance that let's say weird and got nominated first, it kind of screws up our whole strategy. So, I mean, it's luck the fact that when I drew a card we got to nominate third. So we were like, Okay, this is great, we can nominate early. If Osmas gets nominated in the first two bicks, we'll just grab him or we'll throw him out there, and then we'll ultimately get him, no big deal, and then we'll try and get rid and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 2: What did you think of I guess the one thing that shocked me when it comes to like the individuals was shown Dabey I think going for ninety nine dollars when Nigrano is a you know, one away Osmas won forty one, you know jesse Wan tre Wan twenty five, shown Dave not playing a full series.
Speaker 1: I just think people kind of sour on people for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's necessarily anything. I mean, it's also like when did deeb get thrown out? Did certain people who would have been high on him, Like basically there was a world where let's say we don't get Jeremy Osmas. Now I think it was a small world. Yes, but let's say some crazy thing happens. We're one and Renland says one ninety three. I mean our second pick was Deep, right, So it's like, okay, then if we're in on the bidding on Deep, is he more one hundred and thirty one hundred and forty right, because we're just willing to bid, bid bid that type of thing. So it also kind of goes down to like who's bidding on who and how they feel about it, and that's just how things kind of shake out. I just think it's all kind of interesting. But I mean, I love it again. I love our team, you know. I love that we got Ozma's you know, I think he's the the one in the one to one, you know, on a draft board. So we just need him to run hotter than the sun. So basically run like Jeremy Osmas and we'll be will be good to go. Another thing that Mickey and I are big on, we're big on mental game, like and Jeremy Ausines is a great example. I don't care how bad Jeremy Ausins runs the summer. He's gonna show up every single day. Yeah, probably have a smile on his face, probably ask me how I'm doing. We might talk about our kids, whatever, and he's gonna go in there and he's gonna blast, and it just doesn't matter. You know, some players you kind of tend to avoid, at least we tend to avoid because you just don't know if they're gonna be like I need a few days off. You know, Oh, I'm kind of sulking. Oh, listen to this bad beat whatever is. You know, like, no, I don't want any of that negative energy around this. You know, we want all the positive energy stuff. So you know, I think we got plenty of that on our squad. All right, cool, well, I think that's going to do it for us. It's still code work.
Speaker 2: I had to listen to Auso about a code wether no code work this week.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, well you're the code work guys.
Speaker 2: You got to remind so one's very easy. You ready for this? Yeah, it's going to be twenty five K fantasy love to the number two, number five K fantasy. We'll keep that up for a couple of days. Make sure you and try and win. You know, we wanted to put someone where we outputing someone in the pg tam Million Dollar Championship. We want it to be a listener. We want the listener to win the PGT Championship and lift that trophy. Nice and hire representing the podcast. We'll have new one if we record every day, I would say, you know, maybe every three or four days, we'll have ANU on.
Speaker 1: I think's yeah, all right, cool. So you guys heard the code word there from Tim. As a reminder, if you guys want to follow the twenty five K Fantasy League, head on over to twenty five K fantasy dot com. If you do want to possibly dive into the ODB Fantasy League, you can find the information on twenty five K fantasy dot com. Right at the top. There is an ODB Fantasy menu item you can click that you can find out more about it. So let's have a good summer everyone. It is officially day one of the World Series of Poker. Here we combined it with the twenty five K Fantasy Draft. Tomorrow, Tim and I will be at Horseshoe. We will be at Paris. We will be in the thick of things. I cannot wait to see how it goes. I have seen a lot of kind of mixed reviews on the registration and the WSP plus app stuff. So we're not heading other Ananda jumping to no, hell, no, I'm I mean, we've done enough today.
Speaker 2: I'm ready. I need to get out of I'm mitching, mitching to get out of there.
Speaker 1: You're not itching to get over there. But tomorrow you can see stuff on social media. Yes, I want to see it in person, you know, I want to see the lines, I want to possibly talk to some people, all that sort of stuff. I think it's one of those things from everything that I can tell on social where it's a giant pain to go through the process, to stand in a long line. Of course, no one likes to do that. But once you're past all of that, I've seen a lot of the WSP plus app is incredible. You know, people are showing screenshots, they got their table draw right there, like all that sort of stuff. So it's just that kind of initial growing pain that people are going to have to get through. I do hope this is obviously something much further down the road. I don't hope you don't. You have to go through this whole verification process every single year. I hope it's like a one time thing hopfulley, I mean hopefully. We don't know. We won't know until next year, but obviously we will see, all right, for Tim Duckworth, for myself and also for producer Rich Ryan. We are out of here and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: So ya a