Speaker 1: I looked at the email, and the first thing I saw was a long, long dialogue of chat GPT, and I'm like, oh, I couldn't figure out why, but somebody said that if you can, don't want to do therapy, And I don't want to do therapy because I'm worried that my therapist would be a big listener of the show and she would find out that I'm a plushy. Is it a plushy that I hurry a free Yeah? And so I'd be embarrassed that I'm I'm a furry I get turned on by, you know, stuffed animal costumes. And then she would go home and tell her partner, Yeah, I therapized Dave Ryan today. You know what he's into stuffed animal costumes. They'd all laugh and they'd get on like, you know, I don't know Instagram and say guess what day. So I'm worried.
Speaker 2: If the therapist did that, So can't do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's here's another to be a little bit more serious, even if she was kept it to herself. Let's say I told Jenny something really embarrassing and personal. I know you wouldn't tell anybody, but I'd still be embarrassed to tell you because I know you. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that's why you don't tell me. You tell someone who you don't know, like a therapist.
Speaker 1: Well, what if she listens to the show?
Speaker 2: I mean, there is at risk or I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean I've been to therapy and I've had two different therapists and one of them was not local, and I did talk about how I broke up with my other one because I didn't like that she knew who I was from the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's important. Yeah, maybe that would be My first question is like, do you listen to Katie? Would be because if you do, I do not want to come to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think a lot of therapists listen to NPR.
Speaker 3: So okay, I know like one in town that someone went to and they're like, don't worry, I don't listen to anything besides NPR.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the next one. Anna's an email is accompanied by a photo of a giant pickup truck, so let's dive in. Yesterday, you guys talked about what kind of car you might like and how you didn't have a need for a big truck. Well, I drive a giant truck and I love it. It's my dream truck and f two fifty diesel crew cab, biggest back seat with a long box eight foot long. She's a beast. My girl is absolutely miserable to park anywhere because of her giant but dunka donk. But I wouldn't trade her for anything. Although I take up at least two parking spots wherever I go, sometimes we take up four so there's room to get kids in and out of their car seats without risking dinging the cars next to us. That being said, I do haul my horses weekly and I need every bit of power she's got available. You got a truck, you better be using it as a truck and not a toy. Okay, have a great day, and don't park right beside giant trucks if you can help it. Attached is a picture of me squeezing into a single spot with no more than six inches on either side before we cross the white line. That is a beautiful truck. I am not a car truck person, but that is a beautiful looking truck. And I'm glad Anna that you love your truck, and I'm glad that you use it for hauling shit, because I think if you're like a single person, you have like a big truck like that that gets about twelve miles of the gallon. It's just not a good idea, just bad for the environment. Okay. Next one from chap Oh Chow writes once in a while says, hey, gang, you ever had a job you didn't care for and just there to make money so you go through doing the bare minimum. It's not that I don't want to give my all. It's just that the company ways and culture doesn't fit with me. Micromanaging and don't give your employees. And he's saying, what their goat, what's going on, et cetera. I've never had a job where I did just the bare minimum. I just don't. I think that I've been fortunate enough to like pretty much every job that I've ever had, even when I worked at Sambo's. Ooh. I was at Sambo's, which is like at Denny's, and I was a dishwasher and it was work. I mean when you were watching dishes, there were toilets to clean, there were grease traps to dump, there was everything to do. And I never slacked. Yeah, always did my best, because that's kind of how I was raised. Yeah, and then every radio job I've loved, so I always did way more than the minimum.
Speaker 4: I can only imagine, not like necessarily doing the minimum. But when I was in college, I was an RA for a few years, and then I was security my senior year, where you work like the six am to or twelve am to six am shift, and you have to do like rounds of the building. And there were some night security people that were kind of just like on a weird power trip and they would catch like everyone possible, and they would write people up left and right, and they'd be like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't believe you were drinking in your room.
Speaker 4: And I would be the night security person that would walk by, hear a bottle clink, stand outside for thirty more seconds, and if I didn't hear a bottle clink again, I would say, well, what if I had walked by thirty seconds later? And I would just keep going because if they're being quiet in their room, and then.
Speaker 2: Just occasionally you'd hear like ding ding hahha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fine, as long as you're in your room. If you spill out into the hallway, okay, now I have to write you up.
Speaker 2: But I'm not the guy who's like, hey, this is night security. I hear bottles everyone give me.
Speaker 1: I like that attitude. Yeah, because yeah, that's I think kind of how it is in college. You kind of have to look the other way at some underage drinking, yeah, because it's it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna part of a in college.
Speaker 4: So that's the only job I kind of was like not slacking. I just don't go above and beyond.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think I ever have slacked at jobs. The only thing I would say is I probably have days where I was a little lazier, because from probably like twenty to twenty nine thirty, I had two to three jobs and then also was going to school or doing whatever else, had internships and stuff. So I think there was probably days where I was very burnt out from working so many different jobs that maybe one of them didn't get my all that day. But No, I definitely have never slacked.
Speaker 1: Jenny and I could think of at least one person that kind of slacked at their job and kind of did a half assed kind of a job, but we're not going to say anything about who they were. Fallon sallin slacker, No, Falon's very ambitious next one. Sharon writes in Hello first time Minnesota, goodbye writer here. I once wrote an email the day back when there was this psychic I believe her name was Aleen Cunningham, often featured on the show. So I'm a proud p one longtime listener. Yes you are, because Allen Cunningham has not been on our show in it least twenty five, probably closer to thirty years.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And Aleen was a great psychic and she was wonderful. She had kind of a Southern charm, and she's this old lady, and then she started to kind of lose her fast pitch fastball, and so we just kind of we found Gary Spivey. And then Gary Spivey was our psychic for many years, and I guess you could say he still kind of is. So she goes on to say I thought about writing many times. But here's my funny haha that happened on Sunday. I was listening to the Best Clips podcast where you talked about men in their bulging packages. I'm multitasking and sending a text to a friend when I typed, please check your package instead of please check your calendar. Had a good chuckle, decided this would be a good topic for my first email. I love that. I would love a staff writer sticker. Thank you for all you do. Dart, Dart, dart and no lickety Lickerson Sharon in Shoreview. I will send you a sticker. Actually, shout out to Secretary Brie, who is gonna she takes her all the stickers and Breeze coming in tomorrow. Hi, oh yay, Yeah, so that'll be kind of cool. And then we had Joe from Turlock, California come in last week. This was just such a flattering, cool thing that he found our show on iHeartRadio listened so much that he wanted to come to Minnesota to visit and see all the things that we talk about. So he went to Mall of America, He went to the five eight Club, he went to Matt's Bar, and I think he went to the Arboretum.
Speaker 4: He went to he definitely went to the Cherry and the Spoon. I recommended Brian Lake bull and to go see improvity. Did both of those things really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: That which is exciting. Did he look like he did fall? Yes, he did that too, I think so. Yeah, he did like all of the things that's so neat.
Speaker 1: Hey, by any chance you listen in your outside of the state, send me an email and let us know where you live and how you still listen to the Minnesota Goodbye. Maybe you used to live here and now you live in Knoxville and you still listen to the Minnesota Goodbye. Let me know. Send an email. Ryan Show at kadiwb dot com. Thank you, Sharon for the entertaining email. Next one to my favorite morning show crew. But mostly Dave, I'm happy you found your Bernie. Is his kennel in one of your two bedrooms. Now here's the problem with Bernie. We love him, Susan adores him. She went out and bought a car bed seat for the back seat so he doesn't just stand in the back seat. He gets delayed down in a bed that's strapped in or something.
Speaker 2: On the Bernie Tails Instagram.
Speaker 1: You can follow him on the Bernie Tails t A I L s and anyway. He barks at night. And last night I got home from Colorado, hadn't seen him in about five days, and he went crazy when he saw me. He was so happy he couldn't control himself. His whole body wagged. You know when their whole body and he's spinning around, and I just gave him so much scratches and love, and then I put him to bed and his kennel and he barked kind of like not just a group like he used to, but more like for about an hour. And I put in the ear plugs, and so we're confused and be fuddled on what to do. And we tried giving him like a besedation kind of a treat to calm him down, a calming treat. We put Susan's shirt in there, and so we're trying to figure it out. And I said, maybe he just needs to sleep with me, and Susan's like, no, I don't want him upstairs. I don't want to give him free rein of the house at night. And I'm like, okay, well I think it's going to come to that anyway. This person says, is your kennel in one of your two bedrooms, because although he would still probably bark a couple of nights, it does make a big difference. They can hear you breathing and feel more comfortable. His barking should cease after a few nights of not giving in and letting him out in the morning. I've heard it said with the crate in your bedroom, they have the feeling of being safe during sleeping time, which helps them relax. Another trick is to cover his kennel with a blanket, maybe a sheet in this heat. Oh that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's also okay to move his create to another part of the house, like the living room or daytime for daytime if you like. I don't know if you use it when you're both gone. In that case, you probably want to move it. If you have or have two kennel's best wishes for peaceful night sleeping, I would love a sticker for my laptop. All right, friends forever Christy, and I'm going to take a picture of your email address right now, Jenny. Any thoughts on the advice with the dog.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know, I really can't give advice on that because I do watch dogs a lot, but.
Speaker 2: I don't train them.
Speaker 3: They're all mostly trained when I watch them, and when we used to have Mickey, she was trained already too, So I'm sorry I got no.
Speaker 2: Help for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see this. One says I'll be visiting Minnesota. I haven't been there in a long time in thirteen years, but I used to be there. I'm visiting with my eight and thirteen year olds this summer, hitting up mall of America. But what other suggestions do you have for fun family activities? Also, who has the best season sour cream? Okay, anybody know season sour cream? I would say Maynards, Maynards. Maybe I've lived in Virginia, Alabama, now Florida, and season sour cream is not a thing down south. I missed that in so many other things about Minnesota. Thanks for reading. Cheers, licks and darts from Sunny Navarre, Florida. Rachel I would say, yeah, Maynards and Excelsior. Take the kids. Well, I don't know if the kids are gonna love Maynards, but it's kind of cool. If you go to Maynards, you can walk around downtown Excelsior and there's a toy store. Excelsior is really cool. There's a toy store at the end of the block. There's a candy store, there's an ice cream store, there's a bookstore.
Speaker 3: In terms of things to do with the kids, you should go to the Minnesota's largest candy store in Georgia.
Speaker 1: That is Jenny perfect. I can't think of a better answer. Yeah, if you've not been to the Minnesota's largest candy store, it's so cool, it is.
Speaker 4: It is, And well, I mean, just gosh, are we just thinking like anything kids would like to do?
Speaker 2: Did she say how old her kids were?
Speaker 1: Eight and thirteen?
Speaker 4: Eight and thirteen? I mean Nickelodeon Universe is always fine. They're America, probably do that, but like all America, yes, fun, but Nickelodeon Universe.
Speaker 2: Specifically, like just go in, ride a couple of rides? Why not?
Speaker 1: What else is there for kids? I don't have kids that you know. The zoo, the Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Zoo, yeah, the Como Zoo as well.
Speaker 3: The lakes in Minneapolis they offer like paddle boards, kayaking or like the little pedal paddle boat thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, paddle boats. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think Lake Nicomas might have swans, I forget or.
Speaker 4: Lake Carrie, one of those two definitely has paddle boats and they might be swans.
Speaker 3: You could look up either wheel Fun Rentals wheel as in w H E E. L Fun Rentals and see what locations they all have. But I feel like that's a very Minnesotan activity to do if you're looking for a true kind of like Twin Cities experience. Yeah, get out on one of the little lakes and do something like kayak or whatever with the kids.
Speaker 4: Do the little paddle boating and then sit on the beach and then just like run around on the water. Kids love water, regardless of age eight thirteen.
Speaker 2: They love water.
Speaker 1: Kids love water.
Speaker 2: They love water.
Speaker 1: Is there any what good water parks that are outdoor water parks around here? Bunker Beach Is that in Burnsville. No, that's in Coon Rapids area. It's outdoors.
Speaker 4: It is outdoors, and it's huge, and they have like a wave pool, They've got like slides everything. My ex boyfriend used to work there and all of his friends were lifeguards. So I know a lot about Bunker Beach.
Speaker 2: It's dope. I had never even heard of that. Oh I haven't, either of you know.
Speaker 1: What they need to do, Seriously, they need to advertise on the radio, because how are you going to get the word out? How can I live here in Minnesota and never heard of Bunker Beach.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know. I mean it is northern suburbs.
Speaker 1: But still, I mean, come on, Bunker Beach. Bunker Valley Fair advertises on KTWGB, and everybody knows what Valley Fair is, so Bunker Beach unless you've already reached capacity and you don't want to make any more money, Uncle Beach needs to advertise on KTWB because if you got something, It's kind of like people always say you never mentioned the Minnesota Aurora women's soccer team or whatever it is, and I say they don't get the word out well enough, like is it the Minnesota Frost women's hockey team something like yeah, I think they were in the playoffs and somebody said they want then they Okay, they need to do a better job of getting the word out. And because we never hear anything, I don't see them on social media and maybe it's me and I'm not following the right algorithm or whatever. But whenever somebody says you didn't talk about how it's National Appreciate a Nurse Day, I'll be like, they're not doing a good enough job a getting the word out. Is it on me or is it on them? Because I don't and nurse is a bad example because they do a great job that one out. But let's say it's it's the National Tattoo Artists Day and They're like, you guys mentioned the cops and the nurses and the teachers. It's National Tattoo Artists Day and you didn't even mention it. It's like, bitch, you guys got to do a better job a getting the word out. Oh we're taking a break. Okay, well we're done. Actually I'm done.
Speaker 4: Are you done?
Speaker 1: I'm done. I'm done. Love to get you on Bunker Beach. Send me an email. We'll get you on KWB so we can get the word out. And send your email to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com. Bunker Beach is what it's called. Bunker Beach