Speaker 1: At a book in.
Speaker 2: Tonight's guest is Adam. Adam, Welcome to the show. Hello Vic, how are you getting things done? As long as I can say that, then it can't be too bad. How about yourself, I'm doing fine. Lake is good well, as long as you can say that, that's a good thing. Adam, please give us a brief bio in yourself.
Speaker 3: I'm thirty four years old.
Speaker 1: I am from the Island Province of Newfoundland, Canada. I do prospecting for a living, so I spend a lot of time in the woods, so I like go with him. It's only ever me and my dog, and we go for tens of kilometers out sometimes, and I love spending time in the nature and being by myself in nature and everything about it. Really, i had two kids thirteens now, and I've been moving around all over the island the best, I would say, fifteen years, just bouncing around from place to place depending on where I'm prospecting at the time.
Speaker 3: So I've seen a lot of the island.
Speaker 1: I've seen a lot of nature and stuff, so nothing really ever surprises me with the place I'm from. The area i'm from is all Pity Harbor and there's a lot of old history here. We were one of the first Don't settlements in all North America. It was settled in sixteen hundreds roughly, and we have a lot of stuff that I never really bade attention before until I've had my first encounter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's my bio.
Speaker 2: It's funny, Like I told you the first time we spoke, even your new places are older than our old places.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, well they're pretty old. Everything's all out this way.
Speaker 2: Well, that just means a lot of good history. You had your first dog me an encounter about ten or eleven years ago, Adam in a town called tor Bay in Newfoundland.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: What can you tell us about the place.
Speaker 1: It's out in a road called Valeine Line, And when I first moved there, it was starting to get developed. The road is pretty barren, like say, probably even two years prior before I moved to the area. Just picture our road cutting straight through the woods, and that is what it is, and just people started putting houses on it. And there was a subdivision getting built when my first encounter happened. So I'm not entirely sure that had something to do with deciding, but it's quite a place like there's a place that like you would often see moose, Like it's in the middle of everything. So it wasn't strange to see a moose out that way?
Speaker 2: Is it that way? Across all of Newfoundland were pretty much you got outside and at any time you could almost bump into a moose or or only certain areas of Newfoundland.
Speaker 1: Certain areas I would say, the area that I'm in right now, pity, however, it's it's really hilly, so like unless you're up on top of the hills, up further away from the ocean, your chances are seeing like a moose or something you might but not usually in the general area that I'm in now, like, but out towards Bottling Line that way where I had my first encounter. Was it's very like like you're in the middle of nowhere up that way. But in Pitty Harbor, it's a small nick community, so like everybody knows everybody, and all the houses are like bunched together.
Speaker 3: But there is a lot of wilderness down here.
Speaker 1: I will say that, like it's just like if you take a bunch of houses and put them in the middle of nowhere, and then that's how you get our communities, and there's like nothing missing between the communities, so it's pretty dea slate place.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a great dogman habitat to me, no wonder. After you had that first encounter, it seemed like it was almost like the wheel came off. You started to have experience after experience with dog men. Do you think you were marked somehow?
Speaker 1: To be honest with you, I think I might have, like without like knowing it at the time, like because I've been out in the wood since, like I've been fourteen years old, like I said, I'm thirty four now, so a long in the woods, and I think like I might have like did something or I might have upset him in his natural place out when I was out there doing something like it could have been like I go when I prospect, like I go break up minerals, and if I need to get a specimen tested in the lab, I had to take something back with me.
Speaker 3: So I'm not sure if it was, like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it could be something as simple as me taking a rock that blind to him. It could have been something to blind to him, or I could have just did something out one day in the middle of nowhere. But I know that.
Speaker 3: There's something to it because ever since that day it's been constant, right like.
Speaker 1: It's been. It's a bit unnerving because I don't know what I did to start at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll bet it has been a nerving It's been one experience after the next. Unfortunately, you said that you're a prospector what do you prospect for?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 2: How long have you done that?
Speaker 1: I've been prospecting now too well career eras since I was I'm going to say twenty three. I've been rock counting as a hobby since I was a kid. Now I've only started getting into it like financially, like I said, since twenty.
Speaker 3: Probably twenty three or twenty like twenty two or.
Speaker 1: Twenty three, I think I was, and I started actually doing it to make money.
Speaker 3: I'm here in New Finland. Area I'm in now.
Speaker 1: Is not my favorite area for it because I'm only getting jasper agates, different type of heel and stones basically right it's coming in.
Speaker 3: It's a glacial till site.
Speaker 1: I got to claim on down here, but in Gander I was working goal claims. We get gold. It comes up from the ground in in courts veins, so it's nothing like you see on TV, like go to the river and paying for gold or anything like that. Everything you do about that way, you gotta have every equipment, like everything you're using rosas and drills and taking core samples and stuff like that. There's a really a really big goal boom in a central Newfoundland right now, Well.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a lot of really hard work. How hard is it for you to do that kind of work though? Knowing what could be watching you at any time from the shadows.
Speaker 1: It's affected me to the point right now, Like before I had this encounter, like my first, well it wasn't my first. It was the second one that really did it for me. But like I never thought of nothing about it after my very first one, and I just used to do my own thing.
Speaker 3: So I just go do my own thing. The only thing I ever really worried about is.
Speaker 1: Moose, because we have moose here, and we have black beer, some links in, some Bbcat and every now and again a calio. Nothing really big that I'm scared of. Scared of, right like more scared of than moose than anything else. And I always took my dog with me. Dog's always been with me, because you're not allowed to use fire armble unless you're a hunter, you're not allowed to have a fire answer, So I don't do any hunting. So I only ever took beer, mace or something with me like that. But I never really thought about it until my second encounter, and after that, I do not go more than like two kilometers out, Like there's a cut off point for me now, whereas like if that can do bad happen down too far away? Well, saying that, I always have a list before I leave, I have a checklist to like different type of gear I take with me. I take satellite phoneme or something like that. I take food, I take extra food, I take brain gear. I look at the weather before I leave. I tell people where I'm going and when to expect me back, and if I'm not back at a certain time then to do that. But like I said, ever since the second encounter, it hasn't been the same. I haven't been doing what I love to do anymore, right, so it's definitely affected me.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure these experiences have. Yeah, that's totally normal. So sorry to hear that's the key though. All right, Adam, you've got a lot to tell us about. Please tell us about your encounters. Now give us ever last detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: My first encounter took place about ten or eleven years ago and Bawlin Line. It was i would say middle of the day. I was out on a patio having a cigarette. It's a bad habit, but I was out having cigarette and I was just doing my thing, and I was looking down the driveway. I had a straight straight down the driveway. I would say, it's about fifty meters down the driveway too.
Speaker 3: Across the road and the woods here is really.
Speaker 1: Thick, like if something was standing in like three feet behind the woodline, you wouldn't see it. But there was I'm not sure how long with stretch, but there's a gap between the woodline across the road to my driveway. And I was looking down there and a moose, a big, full grown bull moose, I think, probably the biggest one I ever seen. It came running and I'm going to guess it like from the size of the area that ran through. It might have took twenty steps maybe till it was gone. But like I was thinking myself at the time, it's strange because we like, why is it running? I never seen a moose running like that before in my life unless there was a car or something. But there's no cars. And then like I was, I never had the thought process. And I seen a big eat mass and it leaked from one end, but from one the beginning of the meadow to the opposite side. After the moose. It didn't touch the ground, not once. And like I was telling Vick, I didn't see no. I didn't see the front or the rare pause. I saw a head and a tail. The head I couldn't like, like I said, it happened that fast. I could not pick out any details I've seen a head. The head was really big, I all that, and it looked unproportionalized, like the head from the rest of its body.
Speaker 3: And it had a really long, fluffy tail.
Speaker 1: And the animal was completely white, like I've never seen a wild animal that was white be so clean.
Speaker 3: But like it happened in a blink of and eye.
Speaker 1: If I had to turn my head to look at my door behind me and look back, I wouldn't even unnoticed. After that sighting, I stayed around on my front deck and waged it around because I was going to take a picture of it.
Speaker 3: And it never ever did come back.
Speaker 1: So it was later that night we were getting ready to go to bed, or we might have been been in bit. We're lying down or something, me and my ex girlfriend at the time, and we started getting window tapping and it was like tat tat tat, and then like we thought somebody was out there, so we went to look.
Speaker 3: We went to look out one window.
Speaker 1: And this is funny because it happened to us like it was almost like this plane shad trick Simons. We'd look out one window and the window opposite side of the house we would get a tap. And at the time, we did not we did not correlate the what I seen that day with the window tapping. I've never I've never heard anything about a dog man or I've never even heard anybody talk about a bigfoot of anything like that. I'm in my province, so that that thought was in the back of my mind, like wasn't even there. So, uh, the window tapping continued on and off for I would say the whole time we were there.
Speaker 3: It wasn't every night thing.
Speaker 1: It was like it happened one night and then two or three nights after that happened again. It was always random different times at the night too. Sometimes it would be in the middle of the night and away because but it was always like you go check one window, and like I said, you hear it on the opposite in the house, so as you go check it.
Speaker 3: But that continued the whole time we were there. So we moved.
Speaker 1: I had a family member back home back in Petty Harbor gets sick, so I wanted to move back home and help take care of them. And when I moved back, we're live in Okay, so Pitty However, my hometown Pitty Horever.
Speaker 3: It's actually college. Full name is Pitty Harbor.
Speaker 1: Magis the reason it is called that is there's a hill in between the community from one in the community to.
Speaker 3: Where I live.
Speaker 1: Say, my mom lives in the Pity Harbor section and I live in the max Co section. I'd never lived down in that section before in my life, and we were pretty happy to be back home. And we were there for a while. We never got no taps, not for a while, and then I think one random night again started getting window taps. And at the time still I didn't put two and two together. And this one night I can remember it was one of one of the scarier things that happened to me. Uh, me and my ex girlfriend. We were lying down to sleep where we were in bit of sleep, and I got a little beagle. His name is Blue, and he don't he's not really like a growly type of dog, and I've never heard him growl really a couple of times. This one night he woke us up and he was growling, and he's grown back. And the place that we were living I'm still living in like the.
Speaker 3: Basement half of the house.
Speaker 1: So my bed is up against the wall, but the window is i'd say, halfway up the wall, so like you're it was behind us. So we woke up and he was groundling, but he was grounding looking at us, and we were like, he's looking at us, grounding, And then we realized he was groundling at something behind us in the window, and both of us i think, looked at the same time, and we all we can come out of it. When we stopped to talk about it afterwards. Was a bit like my window is probably four fat wide and four feet long, probably say, and this head was almost a whole circle, like the whole window almost it came in almost like a bluff charge, but I'm thinking it has pretty good reflexes because it hit my window. It hit my window, and I thought it was common through the window, but it's nosehated. When it's nose d it backed up and it was almost like a snake strike. It happened that fast. It was like it if you blink it would miss it. And that was just gone. So that experience scared us pretty bad. I took a lot convincing not to move out of there. To my ex we ended up switching. Well, my place got two bedrooms, one in the front, one in the back, so we're staying where our bedroom was in the back of the house. Next morning we moved to the front of the house. Needs to stay and and it's just that was the first time I had an experience in pity. However, now the window tapping continued, continued the whole time. Were still to day. I still don't know what's up with the window tapping, but I would say, well, five years ago, I got a really good job offer to go work out go on mine in Ganner, And while I was out there, I was going to try to get a claimmate, steak a claim for myself, and I ended up doing that and it.
Speaker 3: Was going good.
Speaker 1: It was like everything was going perfect for us for a while, and like we never had no tap thing, because I'll be like we were renting the apartment I had in pity however, and still renting one out of Gander so I can come back and forth and help my sick family member. So I was out there about five months now, and just one morning I woke up and I was pretty bored. I had nothing to do. I'd say it was probably like six thirty or something when I woke up, and I already had to date it for yuh. Because whenever I go to go prospect and all always the day before go online American on the mad shirt. Well, first of I'll searching on a map find a good area. I uses Google Maps mixed with topographical maps to find good areas a prospect. So I found this one area and it was at the bottom of a hill an old ski resort. The ski resort was banded, I believe in the eighties. So I talked to one of the locals out there and he said it closed down in the eighties. So that's all I understand. Scne not from the areas about five hour drive from here. So this one morning I got off and I got ready and got on my gear together. And my house was the one that I was staying at the time in Gander, was right next to a highway at four Lane Highway, and the area that I had planned on prospect was across the Hollyway. In about five minute walk up the street, up the highway and you would hit a tourist information booth.
Speaker 3: A tourist information booth was in.
Speaker 1: The air general area where the ski resort lodge would have been before the tour down. So there's a gate behind the tourist informations place and the hikers and people uses all the old ski routes for hiking trails and stuff, I guess. So the area that I needed to get to was at the bottom of the hill. And I don't know how long the hill is. I should have looked up, but I think it's like two or three kilometers from top to bottom. It's not like a steep, steep hill. It's more of a long hill than anything. And the area chose down by a lake, like a big joint lake called Gander Lake. And I was down there and doing my thing like I use a rock hammer when I'm breaking rocks open, and certain rocks like you can feel when you pick them up at how heavy they are, and like you can almost tell they know I'm not going to be able to break this one open, but.
Speaker 3: You're going to try to anyways.
Speaker 1: So I had to rock and I hit a four times, and I think after the fourth time, I was like, no, not even like sometimes I'm after hitting rocks, I'm like hurting my elbows. So I'm like, now I'm just gonna lay that down. It's not worth it. So as soon as I laid it down, I heard the exact same noise, well it sounded to me the exact same noise is what I just made with the rock camer hitting the rock. It would make a high pitch ting sound like ding ding when it would hit a rock that it couldn't break.
Speaker 3: And I heard in response four taps back.
Speaker 1: And I knew at this point that I always at the Battlement Hill by myself because the parking lot there was no other hikers vehicles there, and I would have seen anybody if they had come down that area. And like I did like watch beef with shows and stuff like growing up, and I've heard like wood knocks and stuff like that, but I've never heard I don't know, it could be a thing. I've never heard it like rocks getting plank together. But it sounded like rocks getting plank together, but like with a middle pin to it. And that started just startled me, right, So I turned around to look at my dog to see if he was out right. And he will always like he's actually saved me from like bobcats and stuff, not like actually foot of bobcat out, but like he'll bark and let me notice something there, and then I'll look and see about getting like, okay, thanks, I didn't know that was dear the thing. You know, we'll move on, you know, saying with moves and other stuff to help move with that. But this one time, he wasn't parking, he wasn't doing the growl and nothing. He was opposite I was faced one way, he was opposite direction of me, probably would have been the left hand, and he was just laid there and he was just crying like I've never seen him do that. It's almost like he just submitted whatever was there. I didn't want to have nothing to do with it. You just you know, I'm just gonna lie down and deal with you. Solid did, and we had I heard a branch break, a really big branch. I sounded like somebody took a tree and broke it. And I said, okay, enough of this doesn't take much to scare of me. Like so I'm out of the wool. Especially you're out in the woods for so long. He knows what you hear like. You're used to the sounds right. Like stuff that I was hearing down there that morning, I was never heard before the whole time I've been out in the woods over the years. So I just said, no, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do this. We're gonna leave. So Iron tied him as quick as I could, and we started walking up the path the way we came. It wasn't very long we were on the path. I started hearing something on the left hand side of me. And the path is only break I'm not joking with you, probably five six feet wide, if that, maybe possibly even four. It used to be wide ski trails, but they all got overgrown, I was told. But from the left hand side I was hearing walking and I would walk faster, and as I would walk faster, it got faster but it didn't seem like it was getting fast, it didn't seem like it was using any effort. And then that's when rocks started getting thrown at us, well not me, but my dog, and like not small rocks, like rocks the size of my head, and like it kept happening. So I just took off as fast as I could, and this thing, whatever it was, was on the left hand side of me. It followed me up the whole time, flicking rocks, and it didn't and it didn't like it, like, it didn't seem to stop to pick up the rocks. It's a strange thing, like when thinking I'd stopped and look for a rock to throw, noe, this thing would just followed me the whole way up and throw rocks. And it discontinued about three quarters the whole way up the up the hill and till I just about seeing the Tourist Information Center again when I remember in my mom seeing the corner of it. And as soon as I seen it, it just stopped, just instantly stopped. I never heard nothing chasing me. No more rocks got thrown, but I didn't stop. I did not stop. I kept running and I ran home and I think my girlfriend at the time, she wasn't home, so as I got home, and I had all this built up energy, like looking at the windows, like did it follow me?
Speaker 3: Like all this other stuff.
Speaker 1: And she eventually got home and I told her about it, and I'm like, I think I had a big foot experience. Not never ever heard of the dog man or anything like that. And being a normal person, you know, she's just gonna laugh and be like you, that didn't happen yet, so she didn't believe me, right, And uh, I think it was like a couple of days after that, the windows started tapping started again.
Speaker 3: And my theory with the window tapping.
Speaker 1: Is because the first time we moved, it took a little wall for the tapping to start to start up again. And the same time, just when I moved five hours away, which is a really long job, it took like months for the tapping to start. And I'm thinking the months in between or weeks, however long it was, I'm thinking, that's how long it took me took them to find me again. But I'm after moving from literally Ardess, you can go east to the middle of the island, and I found me. Man, it might have took a long time, but it found me. But uh so.
Speaker 3: Uh sometime later.
Speaker 1: I have no goog with like remembered dates and stuff because I apologize. But sometime later, I was sitting down on my computer. I run a rock identification group on Facebook. Like somebody posts the rock on Facebook and I me and a couple of moderators we try to help identify through pictures and we asked them to do tests and stuff. But I was on moderating the group that morning and I had my front window opening, and it was a beautiful, beautiful morning man, and there was no traffic. There's nobody open this place. I lived in Gander. It was next to like, and there's not a big town at all. It was a pretty small town. But the spot that I was living in it was almost you would say, like a subdivision area, like there was houses around. But this one morning when I had I think it was a couple minutes after opening the window, I set back down the computer and I heard the most ungodly, loudest sound I ever heard in my life. It scared me so at first, like I almost fell out of the chair. It woke my my my ex up. She Bryant woke up, ran upstairs, and it continued for about five or six minutes. And I try to make the noise but I don't want to sound silly or nothing. But after like the initial scare, it sounded like it was mourning something or it was crying. It was like, it's so strange, like if you like, I've never seen a book, like we had wolves here apparently one hundred years ago, but they all got killed off. Now there's apparently there's some sightings on the west of the island. But I've never seen the whole time that ben Woods. Have never heard nothing, never seen nothing, nothing like it, Like if you see like a movie like you it makes a wolf sound like a demonic sound, and like I don't know how to explain it, that's how it sounds. But it sounded sad at the same time, like after it getting scared first, it just sounded sad. And even even my ex girlfriend she said, it sounds sad. It sounds like it's hurd. Sounds like it's hurd or it's crying or something. But I could tell where the sound was coming from. It sounded like it was coming from like let's say, like a T shape and right so like I lived on.
Speaker 3: That's hard to explain. Actually I can tell which house.
Speaker 1: It was coming from the woods behind a certain house, but the sound sounded like it was sitting in my front yard. It sounded like it's head was in my window, like yelling.
Speaker 3: That's how loud.
Speaker 1: It was like voidbrat yet like kind of inside just listening to it.
Speaker 3: So after that happened, I started going on.
Speaker 1: YouTube to see if I can find the sound I can compare it to. And it took me a while actually, and then after a while I did find a video. I think it was called Strange Noises Heard in Canadian Woods. I think that's what it's called, and it's exact same noise. And I know it's exactly the same noise because when I was listening to the video, I turned it up loud so I can hear it more clearly.
Speaker 3: And when I did, my ex at the time, she came running back upstairs. She said, it's the back, Is it back? Is it back?
Speaker 1: So I'm like, yeah, that's the same noise I heard, right, But it sounded like I said, it sounded like it was crying.
Speaker 3: That's the only vocal I ever got from them.
Speaker 1: I've never heard them other than that, just like the only vocal I got it from it, But.
Speaker 3: Was it for that day? This next one? This is why we moved.
Speaker 1: Back home from Gander. One night, I was on computer and after hearing that video and realizing it was the same noise, I think I was reading through the comments or something, and that's how I came across dog Man. Was through that video, and I think I was watching one of the Vig's videos, I think at the time, because I was like interested, and I'm like, okay something. Other people are singing what I'm singing, so I'm not going crazy, I don't think. And I was watching videos and my girlfriend at the time, she would always take her kid and walk up the road to her friend's house. Her friend's house maybe ten houses up the road, not very fair, like five minute walk probably, So I was waiting home for them to come back down from her kid playing with her friend's kids, and I was chilling.
Speaker 3: The next thing, he knows I.
Speaker 1: Here screaming, and I don't realize it's her screaming, so I'm like, oh my god. So I runs out the door and like as I'm running out the door, I'm running out the driveway and up road to meet her.
Speaker 3: She's like, it's there, stare stairs there. I'm like, what's there. She's like a big wolf, a huge wolf. I'm like, what are you talking about? A huge wolf?
Speaker 1: And like I was scanning the area trying to find it, and now I've seen it, and it.
Speaker 3: Was a cross the road. I'd say probably.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many houses up from me at the time, like five or six houses off from us, Like each house is probably ten feet from each other. And this thing, it's funny at first. It was funny at first because I was laughing. I was like, you kidding me? Do you see that? And like I try not to use her name. Now I will say her name is Nicole. So it's like, did you see that, Nicole? And she was like, yeses it?
Speaker 3: And the thing.
Speaker 1: Now, this thing is all whife and it's avoiding the street lights.
Speaker 4: Crawling on all fours almost like an army chop, and it's crawling around the corners of the houses, avoiding the light, and it's thinking that it's not being seen.
Speaker 1: But I don't think that it realized that it was. It knew it was our wife, and I could see it like and it was that white vic like that when the moon hit it, it's almost like a blue shine ameopies for type thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was lights from a house that.
Speaker 1: Did that or what, but there was almost like a blue shine came out. And he continued doing this the whole like the whole way down until about two houses across from us.
Speaker 3: And when he got about it, like I said, two houses across.
Speaker 1: From us, we came to a corner and it would like if you were facing the opposite side of the road from you and looking at a house on the left side of that house, the corner, the front corner, and the left hands it got the deer, and I thought up until him then it was just a giant, huge wolf and it stood up. It literally stood up and put its hand on the corner of the house and we just like we was speechless when this happened. I could see details on it this time. I got a good look at him this time, and he had like we got no raccoons or nothing here so like, but I'm after seeing video of the raccoons and stuff. I had really long fingers, but he had a human hand, had a human hand, but the fingers were really long. I wouldn't be able to tell you the color of his nails or nothing, because it was dark and still a bit fair away, but I could see that he had like really muscly long like it was almost like it even if he hunched over a little bit, it was almost like as if his fingers would just be barely off the ground. And he had really his head was huge. His head was huge's almost like cartoony looking right, like way bigger than he said. I had to pre record him with me and vic I said kind of look, I don't know if any of the viewers no, but like there used to be a show to came out and like nine these other leap called street schecks basically like actually like big muscly dudes with giant shark kads, and that's what it looked like to me. But it was a wolf and he's he had really like really pointy teeth, and it had really big like his face was almost like like I'm not gonna say German shepherd because it was fluffyir and like what the German shepherd's face would be. It's the same shape as it and like almost same like same general structure. I would say, but its ears. Its ears were like ad normally loan and really pointy and had these like little tussles at the end of the years. I almost looked like if you look at a picture of a hour glass, almost looked like his ears had like I don't know how to explain, there's like little bits on the ends of his ears.
Speaker 3: It was kind of weird, weird, but that's what I got out of it.
Speaker 1: When I've seen him, Like i'd like I got a good view, but it didn't at the same time because I actually seen him. But as soon as he stood up and put his arm on the corner of the house, it made I don't know if the noise came from it or the house, because when it stood up, it laid its hand on it on the house, and it made a really loud, creaky noise. I don't know, I think because this thing was like had had to be like at least seven or eight feet hole, and it looked like it weighed a lot, so I'm thinking the corner of the house a lot of pressure went down it and it made a really loud like cracking, like snapping sound.
Speaker 3: And when that happened, the.
Speaker 1: Light came on and the inside of the house, and I guess whoever was in there, I don't know who lived there, woke up and they turned the light on, and when that happened, it looked and then as soon as it looked at that, it was just gone. As soon as that was it. But I actually skipped the parrot ahead of myself a bit. There was a time before that when the window started tapping started in Gander.
Speaker 3: I seen him once before. I've only ever seen him three times.
Speaker 1: The time that I just explained was the third and final time. The second time was we were getting the tapping sound and I got really mad and I went out to check. And when I went out and checked, there was nothing in the back by the windows, and so I went to go back in, but I heard branches breaking behind me or something.
Speaker 3: And this was before I seen him that last time.
Speaker 1: I was just telling you guys about when I went to look, he was standing straight up. At this time, I didn't compare with Wolf or anything, because I didn't see at the head or anything like that. When I looked, all I seen was a seminary foot doll figgure with a big, long, white fluffy tail. It's almost like a fox's tail, like a big, long, fluffy tail. Anyways, its just locked into the bush and it just disappeared. That's my second time. I've only seen it pretty hot. But after that experience that she's seen it and even our kids seen it too, right, So I had enough of it at that point, I said, no, I'm not doing this no more. We're going back pity Harper. It wasn't very long. I think it was probably two or three weeks later. We so I did come back home. I had a claim out there. I sold my claim. I didn't want had nothing to do with the woods really affected me, like, like I tell people, like mom my, mom says to me all the time, how can you're not doing your thing no more? Hope you're not talking about your rocks and all that. I don't have no enjoy that, And they're like, I can't, like right now, I go up to go do it, and it's like any little noise, any little noise on on edge. Right. So we moved back home, and we weren't home very long and tepping started again after a little while, and I guess she just got sick of it, and she blamed me for it all and because so I guess she thought that, like, you know, me paying attention to too much, it's cos of it or something.
Speaker 3: We broke up because of it.
Speaker 1: Anyways, So I was living at home, this is about two years ago now, a year and a half ago, two years maybe, and uh, I've never seen it since that night and gander and moved home. And when I was home, I would started getting to pepping on the windows at this point done like still happening to this day. But I'll be come accustomed to it, right, So like sometimes i'd be doing my thing and it could be happening, and I'm at the point now I don't even hear it, like come accustomed to it, right. But I started getting whistles really early in the morning, like four five o'clock in the morning, start getting whistles, and like had to be outside, like my bedroom had to be because every time, like my windows are closed and I sleep, I sleep with my windows closed, even if it's warm. But it woke me up, and it's like I can try to make the sound. It almost sounds like a human almost what I knows is not a human. It's nobody going to be up at four o'clock in the morning, whistling outside my window and anyway, it's just like it goes like a it's like a it's like somebody trying to get your attention. I can't whistle for the late in these area goes, but it sounds like it's coming like sometimes it comes from the front, sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the back.
Speaker 3: But dog, it's hard to explain.
Speaker 1: It sounds it's almost like it's loud when it wakes me up, And as soon as the closer I gets to the door, it gets quieter, but soon when it gets to the door gets louder.
Speaker 3: It's hard to explain.
Speaker 1: But the only feeling I get from it is it's trying to get me out, so trying to get me to go outside. And that's what started freaking me out a little bit. And that only happened to me like since then, probably a handful of dozen times, probably like six or seven times, probably maybe a dozen times probably, But uh, the reason I actually got in contact with Vick here lately, I've never had a a counter or experience or anything like that in my hometown. And I've always figured it was too densely like I wouldn't say dense I think there's only like eight hundred people, probably not even down here, and I just figured where all the houses were so close together or don't make it could happen. But uh, there's a path I use because my mom. My mom has cancer and be sick, and I had to come up and oper with it. And I come up in the morning. So I usually leave around six thirty in the morning, come up in the morning and give her a hand with stuff like go go from my wax, my exercise for the morning.
Speaker 3: And it usually does the same thing in the evenings.
Speaker 1: And here lately every day I go up, I get about halfway up. Now this path, I think it's like all pity Harbor. It's just hills. There's been like no flat roads down here. I'll up or down and this one hill it's like if you go Google map, it'll come up as as a road, but it's not an actual road. It was probably it wasn't it was the main road down here, but that was probably one hundred and twenty years ago. So this road, this path that I takes, goes up a mountain about I'm gonna say about point eight or point nine of a kilometer and then the rest of it. Daughter, it's one point seven kilometers long. I know that I'm that mutching. The rest of it's downhill, right, so about halfway going up the hill. For about two months now, since the beginning of summer, I've started getting a really bad smell and it smells like rotten fish and urine. Sometimes it smells like rotten fish and garbage. And one time it was just straight off pecs. It was just it was. It was. It's gross, but whatever it is. But not very long after I get the smell, I start hearing something in the right hand like you're walking off to be in the right hand side, you're walking back down. It's left hand, so.
Speaker 3: You're walking off.
Speaker 1: And I started hearing something in the woods inside me every single time. But it's not as big as the one that I saw Ganger heard and Gander, I should say, it doesn't sound as big as that. And I hadn't been really gaying much attention to it until this one day. I was telling Vic, how Vic, the fog is down here and it could call me in like the weather. Hair changes in the blink of an eye. So this one morning I woke up to got ready having coffee and the skill Goup mountains now, so I went to check that and well, I want to do that, and I left nothing nothing, nothing happened, I locked up. I don't even think I smelled anything that day and the way up. But uh, well fast forward it. This is a bit prior to explain because two other people seen what I would think they seen something, and I seen something, but I can't explain what I seen. They can kind of explain what they see, but I'll try to explain it the best I can. So when I left, I didn't find this out until I got back later that night. My neighbor, she lives above me. She's from the Mainland, so she's after seeing big cats like cougar before we got no cougar's here at all, right, So when I was coming home that night, she stopped me and she said, Adam, did you see that when you're left this morning?
Speaker 3: I was like, did you see what?
Speaker 1: And I got this really old tree in my backyard and it got to be every bit of one hundred and fifty if not more feet high, and it's just this one tree. And she said, this big muscly cat, a big black muscly cat, and she said it was like longer than I am. Tal walked down the tree and I said, what do you mean it walked down the tree and crawled down the tree. She said, no, it didn't crawl down the tree. It walked down the tree like you picture of an animal walking on background. He said, that's what that did, went down the tree. And when I asked her what color was she said it was black. And she said it was a black cougar. And I said, do you mean a black cougar? So we got no cougar's new and we got no black ones. We definitely don't want to have no black ones, right, So that kind of startled me. Earlier that day when I left to come back home, Like I was telling you guys, the fog can come in here pretty quick. So I made I was up there maybe two hours and an hour, hour and a half maybe When I learned to leave, the fog was bad. It was so bad I could not see. If I put my hand out as far as I could, I couldn't see my hand. Like when I got up on top of the hill to go back down the path. The path is only about ten feet wide, I couldn't see on each side of the path now. Like I said earlier, the past takes about twenty minutes. Fifteen minutes for me, I got onto it. I don't think I was into it, not even five minutes and I seen like it just like it slowly came in the vision and in the middle of a path was just black, fuzzy something. After I got off the phone with Vic the other day, I wracked my brain. I sat down and tried to think about it and tried to think about what I saw. And at the time I was like, I've seen a black bear. That's in my mind at the time, is a black bear cub because I know it wasn't the side of a full wound, but it wasn't the size of it wasn't exactly decide of the cub either, right like, and it was really it was blurry looking to me. I don't know if it was the fog or what. It was blurry looking to me, so I couldn't really I didn't get any features. I don't know. It was a black mass standing. I wouldn't stand it was on it was on force at this time, but didn't move the whole time. I couldn't see its head to see if it was looking at me or not. But the whole time I was watching it, it didn't move so like to me, that's if it was a black bear, it would have been odd behavior for him because it either come towards me or run for me. I wonder, you're not just going to stand there. But like I said, it took me five minutes to get when I witnessed that.
Speaker 3: I was so scared at the time because I wasn't sure what I was seeing.
Speaker 1: Like if it was a club, I was like, okay, well, first thing came my mind was mammo bear. So instead of turned around and walking straight out, I decided slowly back out, and my head was on the swivel the whole way out until that thing went out of my vision. And then I got on the road and off the roadway home. But after I got home, and after my neighbor told me what she had seen the next morning my mom, I came back up to help out my mom again. And the next morning she told me she was up in the middle of the night for some fresh air, and she seemed what she explained to me was she couldn't tell if it was a dog or a big cat, but she said it's sitting down, its head would have been to the bottom of my neck or the bottom of my chin. And I'm five foot eight, so that's sitting down. It's pretty big, but it still wouldn't have been as big as the one that I after that day, my kids used to walk that path and go back and forth from their friends. I thought, I completely stop my kids from using that path, and I don't. Le's like, I have to try not to use the path as much as I can, but I think it's a juve. And a while and a couple of nights ago, I'm getting a lot of work done on the place that I'm living down during new windows and doors put in, and uh, that was about five days ago, maybe now. And so I went out after my back windows got replaced and they're all missy from the from the guys working and stuff. So I went out cleaning my windows because I was very proud of my new windows, made sure they're all sparkally clean. And that night I was making supper or whatever, getting supper. I think I think it was like blues birthday, my dog Blue. I think it was his birthday actually went because we were making hamburgers and we went out to eat it, and I heard from the kitchen the kitchen window, I heard tettet test, but it kept on tappen and it didn't stop like it stop. But it was a lot longer than what it usually is. And I don't know if it's because the new windows or because, like I noticed myself, I'm much clearer there. If they were, my whole windows were really dirty. But well, that wouldn't say dirty, it's just old. I think it's like a cloudiness. To him, it was really clear and shiney. So I don't know if it was like seeing itself and it's like touching, it's like seeing its reflection or something. But uh. The next morning, I woke up there and the guys had all the scaffolding out in the front of the house. They moved it out to the front at this point, and I went to let my dog out for his morning pee or whatever.
Speaker 3: And when I did, I checked the window.
Speaker 1: I was checked the back, just going sure nothing's out there. And when I did, there was a print on my window. And it wasn't like a full line like handprint. I think it's three digits and it was at the top of my window. Like I said, to you guys earlier when I was explaining where the window was in my bedroom. It's same with all windows of my pramtments are about five feet up from the bottom of the floor and almost rested way up the wall.
Speaker 3: There's pretty big windows.
Speaker 1: But in order for an animal that I think, or a creature that I think is the size that these guys, you would have to kneel down to looking right. So I'm thinking where the print is on top of my window, not the bottom of the middle or anywhere like that. I think he knelt down and rest of his hand on the top of my window, and he used these other hand attack. Now that's just what I'm getting from it. But yeah, that's my my encounters. Like I said, I've only seen him three times in eleven years. But I have a hard time remembering all the little things because there's like so many little things that happens. Like I don't know if I mentioned it the other day when we did the phone interview. Before me and my ex broke up let me moved back here, we would get birds like I don't know if they were gifts or something, but somebody wouldn't like they're dead obviously, but they weren't like, you know, like somebody like Kuli bird.
Speaker 3: He looked like you were dad.
Speaker 1: It's almost like somebody carefully had him in her hand and just laying them on my backsteps. That happened. That only happened like a couple of times. But that stopped as well. And uh well, a couple of years ago we had a lot of wildlife down here too, And like the coyotes, we had a bunch of coyotes that were down here. They're all gone now, they're disappeared. Yeah, I had, I know of three foxes that I used to see daily. I had one that I always used to sit on my corner in my yard. I mean I used to see him every other day. He hadn't seen him. And there's two more, and one that you see on the path, I haven't seen him no more. And there's one up on mount I haven't seen him no more. And what else gone? Trouse? There's a lot of grouse here. There's no grouse down here no more. I haven't seen any seen rabbits, any small animals. There's none around. But when I'm having I did notice, when I'm having like more than like two or three window taps a week. That's when you see like moose running through the community and stuff like that. It's like the the moose know that these things won't follow them into town because they're going to get.
Speaker 3: It's so weird once you like connect the dots.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know. I could just be that overthinking it. But that's why I thought, like these things when they're around the moose that's scared of them, they're willing to just walk.
Speaker 3: Through the town. Not like moose cares about a person anyways.
Speaker 1: But it's not very often like a moose just goes straight up block in the middle of your town, you know what I mean. But yeah, that's one. That's everything I got. I hope it it helps somebody out there. I know a couple of year Gud's stories help me out. So thank you very much for listing.
Speaker 2: Oh you're welcome. Yeah, that is quite a bit. Those are a lot of experiences. I'll tell you what, Adam, we're out of time tonight, but would be up for coming back Friday night to do a live stream so I could ask you a bunch of questions about your experiences, and that way also you could feel some questions from the listeners and the live chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure, I would one hundred percent be down for that.
Speaker 2: Oh good. Well if that's the case, then yeah, we'll just put the questions on hold until then and we'll have you come back so we can do that. But in the meantime, thanks again so much for coming on and doing this in the first place. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You're very welcome, no problem.
Speaker 1: I'd like to say thank you very much too, because just takes a huge weight off my chest. It's like I felt for long squall, I couldn't tell anybody about it, and I want to let everybody know that it's okay to talk about these things and they are out there, so stay safe and be careful to everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, when you have experiences like this with dog men, but you can't talk about these experiences you've had. Like I've said before several times, it's like a prison with no walls. It's just not a good feeling at all. So I'm just glad to be able to provide a way for you to put these experiences out there and talk about them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm glad there's a somewhere to go with it, right because there's nothing worse than having something like that stuck in your head.
Speaker 2: Oh definitely, yeah, that's not good at all. Well, thanks again so much for your time, Adam, and we'll talk to your Fridays.
Speaker 1: English