Speaker 1: You're listening to k p I AM six forty the Bill Handle show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: F These people are a little Kansas City, Yes, sick of them.
Speaker 1: I would think it'd be the other way around to watch a three go the three P of.
Speaker 3: Kansas City winning.
Speaker 1: But its rego A three go yeah, a three p Yeah, it's a three go go three go for three.
Speaker 3: I make up these words.
Speaker 4: Neil, you are such a goofy pass I know.
Speaker 3: And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: Kf I A M six forty bill handle. Here it is a Monday morning, February the tenth. Just for your information, it took me forever to move into my new house, even though my my filter system is in their life sources system has been in for a year. Anyways, new studio just came into my new studio and I think i'll take some pictures of it this morning.
Speaker 4: It looks great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's it's kind of neat. I like it.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, the lighting is so good. We can see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, every pimple, every I know.
Speaker 4: I actually looks beautiful.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, thank you. Yeah, I know. It's as a matter of fact.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm in Orange County where I live now, and I have it set up so if you come down, we can do it. You know, you're here, live, and we can barbecue on the big green egg that I haven't gotten yet but.
Speaker 4: Soon, my child soon.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh. Now now, yeah, it's not gonna be a gift. Believe me.
Speaker 1: The thing weighs three hundred pounds. All of a sudden, it's on my front porch. All right, let me say a quick hello, because we've got a lot to cover today with yesterday, of course being the Super Day.
Speaker 3: As people you know, it was illegal aliens that.
Speaker 1: They picked up watching the Super Bowl in Spanish and it was ice came in.
Speaker 3: Hue, I don't know. Hold on, okay, got a mute, and no, there we go, there we go. All right, Okay, no, no, it's you know, what's my new studio.
Speaker 5: I totally contemplated doing that because I knew it would just throw a wrench into everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 1: You know, I've got a whole list of I've got a whole list of things that have to be straightened out, and you'd lamps.
Speaker 3: I need a bunch of other stuff, but.
Speaker 6: We're on the air, which is just a huge plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is, it is, and I know when this.
Speaker 4: Kind of quality is important.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, does sound, by the way, does sound like I'm there live in studio, so we can fool people who think I'm live in.
Speaker 4: Studio only because you're talking about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, x ys, Okay, I'm in the studio in Bourbank.
Speaker 3: I just want to point that out.
Speaker 1: And I'm not going to wake up Lindsey to figure all of this stuff out, which you shall.
Speaker 3: Come in and we'll deal with it. Okay. Anyway, let me say hello, Neil.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and there is the lovely and good morning, good morning, good morning, Cono, good morning, Bill, and and good morning, good morning excellent.
Speaker 3: Uh and Amy, good morning.
Speaker 1: I know she did because I'm looking at you and I called you and see you both start with A and you get it gets convoluted.
Speaker 3: Okay, we are good morning.
Speaker 1: We are going to obviously we are going to cover the Super Bowl this morning.
Speaker 3: Pardon no three. Go what a game?
Speaker 1: It was Philadelphia playing Kansas City, the Kansas City Gladiators, which is a high school team that is in Kansas City. It was that kind of a game for starters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I watched it. We got to talk about commercials, which is pretty good.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about Lamar, which the show was rather interesting. Kendrick I always is Kendrick Lamar, Lamar, Kendrick. I hate it when you have names that are you can intersperse between, you know, first and last.
Speaker 3: I hate that.
Speaker 1: The only thing I loved was George Foreman, George who named all five of his boys. George Foreman made it easier. I made it much easier. It was George one, two, three, four or five. Okay, So we're going to cover the super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 3: I thought were pretty good.
Speaker 1: It was everybody who had a sad card I had a commercial on during the course of the Super Bowl. Just Kanye with his commercial fantastic.
Speaker 3: I mean there was a lot going there.
Speaker 1: And then there were a few that had Matthew McConaughey had I don't know, half a dozen for different products.
Speaker 3: I hadn't seen that one before. So there's a lot there. There is a lot for no It was good. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed it. I did it was The.
Speaker 1: Commercials were better this year than they were in many many years. Some were very clever, well done. The the Budweiser commercial came back so point, so vomitous, so sweet it was I had to excuse myself and throw up.
Speaker 3: But that's okay. We'll talk about that later on.
Speaker 1: I don't know which hour, but we're gonna go through favorite commercials that we have. Also want to point out that I'm not gonna say much other than there was a major Super Bowl party which the entire station was invited to accept us.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, I'm sorry I accepted because.
Speaker 3: We were not invited. But I'll tell you what I'm going to do next year.
Speaker 1: Next year, I'm going to have a party and I'm going to have five or six big screen TVs catered by the both Stonefire Grill.
Speaker 3: And Anaheim White House or dirves.
Speaker 1: Will include little tiny cannipis, small lobsters with Phil at Mignon. We're gonna have Aposta station, a sushi station.
Speaker 4: Why do you care?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Because you know what I need. I need to be excluded and feel terrible. It's part of my psyche.
Speaker 4: I had a massive party you weren't invited to, and you didn't gripe about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a massive party, two of us at home. Yeah, and I cook and I cooked my own snacks, chicken tiqitos, chicken teqito tiketos from uh Trader.
Speaker 3: Joe's, which were horrible, horrible.
Speaker 1: They do not have good tiktos, although everything else they have is tremendous so far. Okay, all right, yeah, I'm okay. I couldn't and I couldn't open the jar of salsa uh from Trader Joe as I busted up mine. I've got carpal tunnel syndrome for a couple of reasons. Number one, the jar and number two what I happen to do four or five times a day, which I don't want to get into.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, are we ready to go for it?
Speaker 4: That's what that was. The jars were Lindsay's job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but her she's got an issue with her hands too. Usually they are all right, guys, Uh, listen, we're gonna take a break, come back, It's it's Monday.
Speaker 4: What we're going to break this?
Speaker 1: This has been fabulous and strangely enough, our ratings are great.
Speaker 3: Explain that to me.
Speaker 4: I know we do the holiday book that can say that right now?
Speaker 3: I know, we're doing just fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we're doing okay, Yeah, we're fine. You know why because I start the show every morning with complete inanity in ain stuff.
Speaker 3: Is there a word inanity?
Speaker 4: There is no use it three times and you'll get a three go.
Speaker 1: That's like Fox is sean inanity. Okay, it's we start handling the news with Amy Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 3: An incredibly close game.
Speaker 1: The Chiefs lose in the Super Bowl to Philadelphia forty to twenty two. And the only reason that the chief Chief's got the twenty two it was a mercy stoop by Philadelphia. They just you know, okay, go ahead and score a couple. We'll let you deal with it. It was a wipeout.
Speaker 3: Actually from the first.
Speaker 1: Minute the Eagles dominated. It wasn't much of a game, It really wasn't.
Speaker 7: But what where else can you go in the United States and have both the President and the United States and Taylor Swift get booed on the same day.
Speaker 4: That's magical, Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that there wasn't one shot of the president at the game? I didn't see one shot of the president. One video shot of the president, certainly not on the jumbo screen then't put up. They didn't even put it up on TV. I had no idea where he was sitting. And he only lasted the first half. I was told or I did. It was reported that's unusual. Everybody else who was an a name was there. Paul McCartney was there.
Speaker 5: It was the first president ever to go to a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: You would think that we see that on television, wouldn't you.
Speaker 6: During the national anthem?
Speaker 4: National anthem?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I didn't see it. I didn't see that part, okay, and.
Speaker 6: Was cheered pretty loudly.
Speaker 7: Of course, he was, Oh, I you know what's funny is it depends what you're seeing online.
Speaker 5: Well, what I honestly what I heard, because I was driving at the time, is the national anthem was going and John Fatiste is doing his singing it, and there was a roar in the crowd, and I thought, oh, it must be the flyovers. But then when I watched it back when they replayed it, I go, oh, that's when they showed him.
Speaker 3: Was there a flyover? I didn't see that part?
Speaker 4: There was yeah, okay, Hey, did you watch the game at all? Bill?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I didn't.
Speaker 4: I start.
Speaker 1: I watched it when it started I didn't. I don't do the festivities beforehand.
Speaker 4: This is why Gary doesn't invite you.
Speaker 3: Whoa, Oh we weren't going to mention names, were we?
Speaker 4: What did I say?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 5: Someone's trying to put the freeze on ice. An internal government document apparently been leaked saying that federal law enforcement agents are planning to carry out a large scale immigration enforcement action in the LA area before the end of February, targeting up people who don't have legal status or who already have pending orders of removal.
Speaker 1: According to the document, yeah, sweating bullets that Maria is going to get picked up our housekeeper.
Speaker 3: It's going to be very uncomfort.
Speaker 1: She's she's naturalized, well you know, I mean yeah, but I think she bought her documents in MacArthur Park and spent three hundred bucks for him. I think that's she showed me her passport one and even passport is misspelled that there's only one s.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I think there's a problem.
Speaker 4: My boy told me yesterday.
Speaker 7: My eight year old said, yeah, I'm okay because I got that little red paper that says my rights.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because.
Speaker 1: They're I'm going to talk more about this coming up at seven o'clock because LA is on the map for the first time, after Chicago, after New York.
Speaker 5: Well you saw too that they tried to carry out some raids in Colorado, but they also a document leaked and so when they went to the places, the locations, there was nobody there.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well that's kind of hard here all of LA would have to leave. Well, yeah, it's not. There's a lot of us, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are a lot of you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just saying, okay, moving on, all right.
Speaker 7: Major world leaders are meeting for an AI summit in Paris, and Gay Perry heads a state. Top government officials, including the US Vice President J. D.
Speaker 4: Vance CEO.
Speaker 7: Scientists from around one hundred countries are participating in the two day international summit starting today.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact, all right.
Speaker 6: Funny, what a little public outcry will do.
Speaker 5: So last week one Friday, Mayor Bass announced that Steve Steve sober Off was going to be leading rebuilding efforts in the aftermath of the fires.
Speaker 6: And then it came out.
Speaker 5: That he was going to make five hundred thousand dollars for three months of work.
Speaker 3: That's a good good paycheck.
Speaker 5: Well, apparently a few people had a problem with that, and now he's going to he's agreed to do it for free.
Speaker 3: Is he rich, by the way, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 6: A developer, businessman, public servant.
Speaker 3: Okay, you think he would start with I'm going to do it for free.
Speaker 7: Well, you know what's funny is you had Mayor Bassey spoke to him today and I asked him to modify his agreement and work for free, and he said, yes, why.
Speaker 4: Don't you say that at the beginning?
Speaker 1: No kidding, this is no kidding, right, yeah, wellie, do you know? I don't does anybody know? And you can look this up whether Donald Trump is taking his four hundred thousand dollars salary. When JFK was president, he did not take his salary. He worked for one dollar time, He worked for one dollar a year.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't think Trump did last time.
Speaker 6: I don't last time.
Speaker 3: All right, So we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean he could take it and give it to his Presidential Library, which is all private donations or charity.
Speaker 3: I mean that you could do that.
Speaker 7: I thought that's where the meta settlement was going or something like that.
Speaker 3: I think it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was yeah, and he upped his complaint against CBS News on the editing of the Kamala Harris interview to now twenty billion dollars against CBS. That's a great story in and of itself. You know what that's worth doing.
Speaker 3: In I just wanted to throw that at you, Okay.
Speaker 7: I thought it was edited when I heard her say, I am really he smart? Uh, thank you for that wonderful Yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Trump's gonna go nowhere with that one.
Speaker 1: And I'll explain as a matter of fact and a personal story, when I was interviewed by sixty minutes when they did a segment on surrogate parenting early early days, and I was a big part of that. And I'll explain how sixty minutes work from inside baseball as an interviewee Kamala Harris, what happened to her?
Speaker 3: And I'll explain all right.
Speaker 7: Israel completed its withdrawal from the net Zandaren Corridor on Sunday, and this was a militarized zone, but it splits Gaza almost completely in half. So as part of its commitments under the ceasefire agreement with Hamas, they withdrawal from there Withdrew withdrawaled, withdrew withdrew three.
Speaker 1: Go left, yes as grand Yeah, yeah, that's uh. And by the way, have Hamas has declared complete victory?
Speaker 3: Of course it has, and it is it won the war.
Speaker 1: Hamas won the war because israel Is pulled out and well means winning the war even though there's nothing left of Gaza.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, but they did because if you look around the United States, you've got people protesting on behalf of Gaza.
Speaker 4: You know they won war.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, of course, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no one protested when Hamas killed twelve hundred people, you didn't see massive protests.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The one fact that where I think Hamas did win is as many as Hamas fighters were killed during the war, about a third of those that died.
Speaker 3: Of the forty eight.
Speaker 1: Thousand, there are more that have come on board from all over the world. Yeah, all right, so maybe Kamas will win another one after the ceasefire is over.
Speaker 5: The bird flu has flown into new spaces. A dairy worker in Nevada has tested to positive for H five N one bird flu. It's a new variant that recently infected the dairy cattle in Nevada, and it has a genetic change that could make it easier to replicate in mammals, which include people. But it's not clear if the viruses are posing a larger threat to people at this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's mutated, as viruses do, and it's mutated.
Speaker 3: The wrong way.
Speaker 1: Jim Keeney talks about mutation of viruses all the time, but usually viruses mutate the other way, where they're less of a risk to people, according to Jim, And this one has well turned around because.
Speaker 3: That's what happens, all right.
Speaker 7: President Trump on Sunday said that he would impose a He sure talked a lot on Sunday on the plane trip over to the Super Bowl. He said that he would impose a twenty five percent tariff on all foreign steel and aluminum imports to the United States as of today. The decision to impose tariffs on metals would affect some of America's biggest trading partners and allies as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and cars are made with steel that comes in from overseas in a great part. So as expensive as cars are, they're going to get more expensive.
Speaker 4: Why allies and partners that we've had.
Speaker 1: Because in many cases it is unfair where we export more than where we import more than we export, and the balance of trade is a big, big, is issue.
Speaker 3: Financially economically for countries.
Speaker 1: The more you export, the better off the economy is, and the more you import, the weaker it is. Although the United States still is a jugger not and has the strongest economy out there, the world still relies on the United States as an economy. For example, it's the dollar that is use trading among all nations of the Earth.
Speaker 4: But aren't some nations coming together to Russia and the like to Yeah.
Speaker 3: Re China, Russia, Brazil for example.
Speaker 4: You don't think that's a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, I mean, it is a problem.
Speaker 1: But at this point still the United States is going to dominate and the President doesn't care. I mean, one of the things he goes balls to the wall on this one. He just doesn't care, which.
Speaker 3: Is very strong. But prices are going to go up, and he's admitted there's going to.
Speaker 1: Be some pain, and there is now we'll see in the long term what happens.
Speaker 6: Lysteria is rearing its ugly head again.
Speaker 5: The Food and Drug Administration has issued a recall for sixty different baked products, about two million baked goods. It's from FGF Brands, a pastry wholesaler that distributes baked goods within the US and Canada because of potential contamination with lasteria. They include filled flavored donuts, cinnamon sticks, French cruler, rulers, CRUs crullers, crullers, cruelers, very cruel, and fritters and some of them are also sold at Duncan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bottom line is you've have any big goods that you ate, like at Super Bowl or last few days, you will not be listening tomorrow because you will be dead.
Speaker 7: Well it's a little rough, didn't Ben Affleck just tell everybody to go to Duncan.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's dead. Yeah, he's in the hospital. He's dead. He's gonna die.
Speaker 1: No, No, that okay, that would be news. By the way, that would probably be our lead story.
Speaker 7: All right, President Donald Oh, here's that's different Donald Trump's story. President Donald Trump announced Sunday, Wow, was he on a plane for a long time, that he has instructed the Treasure Secretary Scott Bessent to halt the production of pennies, citing the high cost of reducing one cent because it costs US more than two cents.
Speaker 3: It costs three point seven cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you carry the ones, it's bad.
Speaker 3: It's always been, I mean, good for him.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how the penny keeps on being produced. Most Canada did away with any penny, and it's just most other countries don't have the smallest denomination anymore.
Speaker 3: It's just stupid. Something costs you four.
Speaker 1: Ninety nine and then I've got I've gone to the store where they've said, oh no, and I get ninety and I get or four oh one. It turns out and I get ninety nine cents change. And they don't round down ninety nine cents change or seventy nine cents change.
Speaker 3: It's just it's what they're.
Speaker 7: Going to do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Well, if they get rid of the penny, then when it hits five four ninety five, it rolls up, they round up, and when it hits four below five, they round down.
Speaker 4: That's it, it's easy, thanks Obama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's just stupid. Head. Trump is absolutely right on that.
Speaker 4: Go ahead and cut that kno and make a drop.
Speaker 1: No, it's true, No, it's absolutely true. He's dead right on that one. What are we doing with the penny? I've been arguing for years and years that the penny is a waste of time.
Speaker 6: All right, Yeasy's gone a little crazy.
Speaker 5: He had an ad on Super Bowl. It didn't air nationally apparently, but it aired here in LA and in it he's sitting in what looks like a dentist's chair. He said, I spent like all the money put a commercial on these new teeth. So once again I had to shoot it on the iPhone and then he said go to easy dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was not only not produced, it was a just he's talking to the camera and it was clearly not a commercial, just a little conversation.
Speaker 4: He was. So what happens when you go to the website?
Speaker 1: You he's the only thing he's selling is a T shirt with a swastika on it.
Speaker 7: What the damn DEI business? Now blacks can be nazis?
Speaker 3: Yeah, seven thirty. We're going to talk about that seven thirty.
Speaker 1: And the only issue is we're going to talk about the cost too. I've been talking to Anne. TMZ is reporting seven million dollars. But it was a local spot. That's impossible.
Speaker 3: So we'll talk about more coming out because that's a fun topic.
Speaker 7: You bought it on Spectrum or something, Yeah, I don't just local, all right. Some congressional Democrats say they are open to shutting down the federal government in March to show that they're tough over the Trump administration's move to dismantle government.
Speaker 4: Programs and agencies.
Speaker 7: Federal government funding expires on March fourteenth, and to avoid what could be a very painful shutdown, Congress will need to pass legislation designating new spending level or extend current ones.
Speaker 4: So yeah, she'll see.
Speaker 3: The Republicans have done this. Democrats have not.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't bode well for any party that shuts down or Congress that's dominated by any power party shuts down the government.
Speaker 3: It's just not a good move.
Speaker 1: But we'll talk more about that because there's a whole story there.
Speaker 3: Starbucks.
Speaker 5: Starbucks, as our friend Nick Paul Jochini, I always like to say, free ninety nine is a good thing, and Starbucks is doing a rare giveaway today free coffee.
Speaker 6: You have to be part of the Rewards.
Speaker 5: Loyalty program, but you go to the app, you can get a coupon for your free tall, hot or iced coffee. That is good today only for people who might be a little more drowsy on this day after Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you buy twenty and you get one for free.
Speaker 6: No, today you get one free.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right, so it used to be you buy thirty and you get one for free. You can ask it for extra bitter too, because it's not bitter enough for me.
Speaker 5: Big fan of Starbucks, huh, A huge fan of Starbucks.
Speaker 4: I like their snacks.
Speaker 5: Well, they're cutting thirty percent of their snacks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always thought they used to have a pretty good sausage and egg and cheese on an English muffin.
Speaker 3: I don't think they even have that anymore.
Speaker 5: And they have a really good little rap. It's like spinach and egg white raps. Delicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I was thinking more of the lemon cake. But that's all right.
Speaker 7: As Republicans in Congress look for ways to slash spending, some legislators are floating new taxes on college scholarships and an end to student loan repayment plans, and a big hike in taxes on university endowments.
Speaker 4: So apparently universities will no longer be well endowed.
Speaker 3: Ooh, very strong.
Speaker 4: Just making sure you're listening, will I am?
Speaker 3: I am some bad news here.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Ten lives lost in Alaska. We told you about this last week. There was a small plane.
Speaker 6: Off the coast of Alaska.
Speaker 5: It was on its way to Gnome from a little town in I think southwest Alaska, and it crashed offshore. And they've now recovered and identified all ten people who were on board. It was a pilot and then nine passengers and the wreckage of the plane is sitting on sea ice. Officials say it's young and unstable, so they're not sure how long it's going to take to recover the actual plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I disappeared from radar.
Speaker 1: And when that happens, when they lose track of a plane gone, I mean I did very rarely. Well, I can't even think we lost track of the plane and a plane somehow survived that with a tr transponder going out. And yeah, it's always horrible unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Are you ready last one? Yeah? This is it.
Speaker 7: Are you prepared? Are you sitting down? This is one of the worst and sucky stories of the day. Sixteen year old boy was killed five others wounded early on Sunday where at a party in Woodland Hills. They call it a flyer party. It was a Woodland Hills mansion there on Winnetka.
Speaker 4: We all know that area very well.
Speaker 7: Drew more than two hundred people, some say as many as three hundred people, and by one thirty a m multiple reports of a shooting, large gathering at this mansion there, and it was billed as a VIP party. Now they call them flyer parties because all they do is they post flyers around town saying that the party's going to exist. Now, what we don't know there were other victims that are still alive in the hospital nineteen twenty one, twenty five and a couple that were thirty four. But what it doesn't say is I can't tell if the sixteen year old was was the one who shot first. You know.
Speaker 1: My question about this and then we're done, is they rent a mansion for one night, in this case nine eight thousand square feet big place. Here's the flyers go up. I'm assuming they charge to get into this thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because they had security and stuff there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's you get two hundred people there.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, guys, what do you think is going to happen? Just yeah, total strangers and oh what a shock er? Someone comes in with a weapon. All right, we are done. This is KFI Am sixty you've been listening to the Bill handle Show. Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app