Speaker 1: Good evening, happy Sunday. Thank you for joining us tonight, guys. We're gonna get started in just a minute. And you could keep that twelve degrees all the way in Connecticut is though. We don't want it done here.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Frank's the We are Frank free tonight, boys, and Lady Frank, Uh, Frank free. That's that's just how it is. Frank is watching there's some apparently there's some football game on tonight. I don't know. I didn't I didn't get to get the name of it. And uh, he's he's out at a friend's house watching said football game. Maybe it's hockey. Is it hockey or football? There's one of them that's happening tonight. I don't know what it is. And yeah, that's where that's where Frank is tonight. So we are Frank free, boys, and uh, it's it's it's all good. He did bring Robert, he did bring me two ziploc bags of his beans today. So those are in the cooler in the truck right now. So cause he was Yeah, because he was talking about it, how much of it was a pain to Uh they can't hear you, Robert, but I can have a they We were talking about it the scar Bark yesterday about how he was like, that's just a big pain to carry the big pot and to clean up and to do this and get every and I'm like, they transport, well don't they. He goes, yeah, like just make him at home, put him in a bag. He's like, oh, okay, so he did so, Uh yeah, that's yes, that's true. Yeah, they can be better warmed up for sure. All Right, So real quick, we're gonna hop right in here. I want to invite I need to start doing this a little bit more often. I don't want I want to invite everyone to sign up for my email list. The link is pinned to the top of the chat right now him Radio two dot com Forward slash email Dash sign up and uh, you can keep up with all this stuff I'm doing. I've got two or three email scheduled to go out this week that talk about a couple of videos, talk about some MCAS stuff, et cetera, et cetera, and good place to sign up and get it stay on top of the information that's happening in the community. I appreciate you guys who are on there and hopefully fingers crossed fingers crossed. We're going to do some more giveaways in the coming future, and that's going to involve the email list when we do that, so we'll see what happens with that. But thank you TSA blocking beans. I don't know, good question. I don't know. I mean you could. I guess you could hide some sort of explosive inside the They don't like liquids, right, so who knows. But yeah, they're in the truck. The truck has a twenty four to seven refrigerator and they're in the refrigerator of the truck. So that's what we're doing. At least we have something. All right, let's bring on the crew and unmute and good evening everyone. How's everyone doing?
Speaker 2: Hi? Everybody? Hey? Oh good.
Speaker 1: So Kyle's comfortable right now. I can tell because he's laying in his hiker trapper on the beach.
Speaker 3: Kyle might be comfortable, but seeing Kyle like this makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: That I guess I taking out some clothes here.
Speaker 5: This is officially only ams all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sheeesh. So what uh? So what's going on?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about a few things tonight. I do want to talk about we're going to talk about mestastic obviously, we're going to talk about the drive in which I'm leaving tomorrow afternoonsh. I don't know exactly what time yet. We're going to talk about getting on the radio six up five to two. Uh, invite everyone to connect to my all Star system, which is for three went three six is the hub server. And I talked to Dave on there this morning because he left out the left out of Texas this morning, And Paul, why are you not into the zoom with this buddy? I think is Paul going? I thought Paul was going to Yeah, Paul, if you're going to him casion Bud joins the zoom. And so we're gonna we're gonna talk about a few things tonight, but we're also going to talk about some food prep and a few other things. I guess, so please the floor belongs to everybody. Oh a p R S. Also, I can't forget a p R S.
Speaker 7: Can I absolutely not?
Speaker 1: And t O is gonna t O is supposed to be here and he's gonna talk to us about the Poe to day on Thursday. So I said that when I saw Jason, I forgot Mike was here. I would have said it a lot earlier for that, remember, Michael.
Speaker 2: Paul says Hill Jordas shortly, I wasn't going to show up, but then you said we have a frankless evening, So.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, yeah, Frank free tonight. Absolutely so all right, So what so is when? What's everyone's plan for arriving? That's the that's gonna be the first and foremost.
Speaker 8: My plans got changed because Josh can't plan. So I was I'm getting in on Wednesday to Florida. I'm flying into Fort Myers and then my dad's picking me up and I was going to take steal his car and go pick up Josh at like three. But then he texted me last week He's like, yeah about that hotel.
Speaker 1: You forget to reserve me.
Speaker 5: I forgot the boocket. We weren't going to stay at the Drury.
Speaker 8: Now we're back at the Rows and in which I don't care where we stay honestly, so I'll be there Wednesday. So I'm either going to ask you, Jason, if you go to bed, I can crash on Wednesday night the trailer, or I'll just leave in the morning for my dad's house on Thursday and drive up. But then I'm going to the t O's thing, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm planning on going to that too. I don't know. I texted Bill earlier. Bill's working tonight, so he's not going to join us on the stream. I texted him earlier to find out when he's arriving, and I don't know. I don't know when he's getting there yet, but I think everyone else is getting there on Wednesday. There's t O and if Bill's not there, then you can use his bed. But again, I don't know when he's arriving.
Speaker 9: Figure, if you can crash on my couch if.
Speaker 1: You want, I'm gonna guess. Trailer. I'm gonna guess it's got more than one bed.
Speaker 9: In it, So no, it only has one bed in it, but it's got a really comfy couch.
Speaker 8: I crash on your couch, then that work, all right. He'll be there Wednesday, right, yep?
Speaker 10: Okay, we're not until Thursday afternoon, and then same thing with Ken and Jess. They're pulling in about the same time Thursday afternoon afternoon evening.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I think I need to turn all you guys up. I think everybody's quiet tonight.
Speaker 2: I'm leaving out five a or four am. I've moved it up another hour four am Wednesday morning. I'll be getting in there hopefully by four or five o'clock on Wednesday afternoon. And Mike, if you want a queen size bad I do have the other half of the pop up, so no sheets, though, You'll have to bring your own or a sleeping bag or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll figure something.
Speaker 2: I can just sit there all night and go. I can sit there and haunt your dreams all night night we pass.
Speaker 1: He's probably just gonna be snorting and be like, oh my goodness.
Speaker 8: And I can't stay with with smart Jason because he'll just be beaconing APRS.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'll just drive up Thursday morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she it's always something. But yeah, so I think most of us are getting there on Wednesday, and we're gonna try to camp in the same spot we were in last year. Of course, that depends on it is first come, first serve. You don't reserve a camping site. And when I had Michael on the live stream a couple weeks ago, he said that their goal was to try to open it up. Last year. They were advertising that it didn't open until noon, but we got there like ten or ten thirty in the morning and it was it was open. So Michael said, this year, he's like, we want to we want to get Our goal is to open it by nine am, which I think is what they did last year. So we should have plenty of plenty of time to get there and get set up and whatnot. So but that's that's where that's what I'm planning on doing.
Speaker 7: So probably probably the biggest day for a rival is Thursday, not Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed, Yeah, most people could probably be their Thursday. But but yeah, we'll see, we'll see what happens with that. What's up, Steve.
Speaker 11: Not a whole lot time got away from me. I'm in a different time zone.
Speaker 1: You're always in a different time zone.
Speaker 12: I always am.
Speaker 11: I'm I'm in Phoenix time, which is like a very special time zone.
Speaker 1: In the US, the time zone that doesn't move.
Speaker 12: Right except for one little, teeny tiny part.
Speaker 2: Talking about camping, I had Michael on my stream on Thursday night. It is important for everybody to remember, uh, you have to be in the campground by seven o'clock on Wednesday. They shut the gates.
Speaker 1: So I don't remember that from last year, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what he told me. So, yeah, that's the reason you in. I mean, you can drive a personal vehicle out, but they can't. They won't check into camping.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so you can. You can come and go, you just can't check in with an RB right, gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Got you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's the reason I moved up in an extra hour because I need to make sure i'm there before seven. What happened?
Speaker 3: It wait a bit later?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I checked you guys in. Y'all were just in a vehicle though, So yeah, okay, yeah, you guys and y'all probably be later than that this year too.
Speaker 3: Well, we're supposed to land at six, so should be a little earlier.
Speaker 1: Actually, okay, okay, For some reason, I was thinking Frank tol Me y'all landed at eight. But yeah, six, okay, good, good, that'll work out then, Uh okay, so meshtastic Okay, well let's talk about we'll do messhtastic last. Because it's not really Ham radio, right, it's not Ham radio.
Speaker 12: It's in the hand bands.
Speaker 1: It counts in the hand vans. T Why don't you tell us about the Poda thing, because that's gonna be the first thing that actually happens.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So, like I said, all the cool kids are getting there Wednesday. That way we can be available for the pot on Thursday, which starts around eight am or so at Wakiva Springs State Park, obviously in Florida.
Speaker 12: And there's a.
Speaker 11: New thing this year where you have to get your park pass online before you show up at the gate. Apparently they're not for sale at the gate. It's like six dollars. It's four dollars if you show up in your own car by yourself. How lonely is that.
Speaker 5: We're all Hams.
Speaker 11: We have friends maximum six eight people are six people in the car for six dollars, So for two dollars more, bring a friend in and you'll be able to get in on the PoTA action. We're gonna have coffee and donuts and stuff in the morning. We're gonna have door prizes. There will be a couple of walk up radio stations. So if you want to get in and get a Poda and you want to have one of us show you how to Poda, or you want to show us how Poda's done then, by all means we have a radio setup for you to use. If you want to bring your own radio, go for it. I don't have enough room in my carry on. And we'll have some lunch. I think we did pizza last year. We'll probably do pizza again. Stay as long as you want, leave whenever you want. Totally, totally open and welcoming to every body.
Speaker 1: Good. Is that the same park y'all were at last year?
Speaker 12: Exact same park.
Speaker 11: This one's got more pavilions and more parking than Lake Luisa, So it's Wakiva Springs.
Speaker 1: Whoever that is. Please mute the stream? Is that you, Paul?
Speaker 5: I mean me, my son talking in the background, live stream, Paul, Come on.
Speaker 1: Paul, Paul's never live stream before. You'll give him a break.
Speaker 5: So yeah, okay, this up as we go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the yeah, the place last year. I didn't remember the name, but yeah, the parking situation was just fine. And uh and the a lot of tables under the pavilion too, So that worked out well. I thought, good, Okay.
Speaker 11: Somebody's playing the national anthem. You might get a copy right strike on that.
Speaker 1: Chase Well, Wylle the first time that is Okay, coffee right for them. Somebody's at Justin Justin Crook in the chat just put half time him radio Tuo no greater than bad Bunny. I'm like, okay, cool, we're good with that.
Speaker 12: Not hard.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I said, some game plan and I don't know what it is, all right. I think APRS is next. Let's do. Let's talk about APRS because we did the day out thing last year. And I say we because I participated, but I didn't set it up. And they're doing that. Is that the exact same thing they're doing again or is it changing a little bit or how's that working?
Speaker 7: Yeah, exact same thing that's sponsored by the Daytona Beach Amateur Radio Association. And if you go to tiny CC forward slash day Out, all of the details are right there.
Speaker 12: Okay, and what is it?
Speaker 9: Can you give us like a thirty second elevator speech?
Speaker 7: Yeah? So APRS was the brainchild of Brunanga and it was just a way to get people off of the primary frequency during an event or a disaster. So it kind of focuses just on who's at the event.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so it's a pr S for everyone. There's that's there at himcasion, so we don't interfere with ambient stations around the area. Okay, different frequency, different APRS path.
Speaker 7: Okay, we we even let Mike on this frequency.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I don't know if that's good or bad, but okay, it's good to know it's good information.
Speaker 8: Last year, yeah, I'm not. I'm not dealing with that crap this year.
Speaker 12: It's okay.
Speaker 5: Well, I gotta do net control for the Wile system.
Speaker 1: We can do that on five to two mm hmm. Sheheesh. Net control for the Wile system.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 1: I actually heard them when I was on POTOASTI I'm like, oh my gosh, yes exactly, yeah, exactly. So okay, time I'll put that in the chat because that is a forward to another website, tiny dot c c forward slash day out.
Speaker 8: Yes, Jody says there's a secret c TCSS tone.
Speaker 5: You guys aren't telling me.
Speaker 7: We can't give you all of the secrets.
Speaker 12: There's no secrets, Mike. Everybody knows.
Speaker 5: It's not one.
Speaker 9: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Could be goodness. Okay, all right, uh so okay, so that was We're okay, you guys aren't talking much, but that that's okay. So Poda day out, Kyle, let's talk about food, because I'm going to go to the store tomorrow before I leave. Actually, I might hit a cost code like on the way. If I can find one, I gotta look and see. But I want to you.
Speaker 4: Gotta tell you, gotta tell me what you're gonna buy, because so I don't buy both.
Speaker 1: Right, So I was just gonna buy breakfast stuff, bacon, eggs, tortillas, that kind of thing. Were you planning on getting that?
Speaker 13: No, I was gonna do like lunches, and then also on Friday and Saturday, I'm gonna cook Chipotle chicken and uh taco meat for tacos on Friday, and then on Saturday, I was gonna get probably thirty five burgers and a bunch of francs and cook for like, I don't know, thirty or thirty five on Saturday. So okay, it won't you know, if you guys want to give me a donation, that's great, you know, five or seven dollars. It's not going to go towards the ARL. I'm just trying to cover my costs on getting everybody fed.
Speaker 2: So okay, God help us. So he said there's gonna be a lot of francs.
Speaker 1: I bypassed that one kind of let.
Speaker 14: That can we bring condiments or plates or yep?
Speaker 13: So well, I've got I've got plates and I've got silver aware. If you guys want to bring like, uh, ketchup and mustard and relished, that would be great. If you want to bring some sides like potato salad or something else to go along with it, that would be great too.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: I don't know which way you're coming.
Speaker 1: Are you coming?
Speaker 7: Are you driving in?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I'm yeah, I'm in Daytona Beach right now, so I will I'm going to come and hit the Costco on Wednesday morning and then probably go over to another supermarket and get everything that you can't get a Costco and then head over probably around noon or so.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 1: I keep condiments in my fridge truck Mayo, regular mustard, spicy mustard and spicy waterburger ketchup.
Speaker 9: And I have all that right now.
Speaker 1: So I've got I've got all that that I keep with me pretty much wherever I go.
Speaker 13: If you guys want to get like stuff for like, I've got some sour cream and some taco sauce and pecante sauce. But if you guys want to get like stuff, like you know, a little bit more sour cream, maybe some guacamole, I can kiso. Yeah, if you want to do kso, we can do keso. So I will have the I'll do the marinated chicken and get a bunch of corn tortillas and have street street tacos. I'll probably have I don't know, sixty or seventy street tacos for everyone to have, I don't know, maybe three tacos.
Speaker 4: Four tacos apiece.
Speaker 13: And then we'll cook that on Friday, and then on Saturday we'll have burgers and hot dogs, and I'll get the buns and all of the meat.
Speaker 4: And we have the meats, and then.
Speaker 13: What I'll do is I'll just get maybe what I'll do is I'll get like some rotisserie chickens from Costco, and maybe we can do some some Patti melts for lunch and some other things. So I think we'll have enough food for lunch and maybe some a dinner. And then Jason, if you brite breath breakfast food, I think we'll be good.
Speaker 1: I am going to cook breakfast on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday I Am not going to cook Friday because Friday's the opening of the show. I'm gonna be inside recording videos and whatnot. Yeah, so Friday's Friday's kind of like we're going to the show. Of course, I'm going to show Saturday too. Last year I went to the show on Saturday for a couple hours. I came back and cooked, and we did that last year. So I'm planning on doing that to breakfast on those three days.
Speaker 2: We'll also have.
Speaker 1: We go ahead your water.
Speaker 10: We'll also have a cooler full of ice if you want to add ice to your evening drink whatever.
Speaker 14: And no probably thrust some bagels or different danishes or donuts on the table in the morning, the early morning coffee.
Speaker 9: And I've got too many fridges, the ice coat, a fridge, and a freezer.
Speaker 13: So good, okay, But you know, the things that we have had trouble in the past. You know, I didn't make uh hunts or I'm sorry hamcashon last year. But the things that we have had trouble in the past is keeping coolers full of ice and keeping water and beer because we've had to go out multiple times for different beer runs and for ice ice runs. So we can figure out a system on people bring ice and we can manipulate coolers to to put beer and water in.
Speaker 4: That would be awesome cool.
Speaker 15: We've got ahead, Kyle, I said, I brought a cooler too, and I'm going to fill it full of ice and I'm going to have that pull of water.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna get probably two cases of iar of water at Costco. So if you guys think that two cases of water will be good, I think we'll have plenty.
Speaker 10: We're also bringing a five gallon like upright water cooler thing, so keep the carrying full to have cold water access, and we'll have five gallons right there at our our front porch.
Speaker 5: Okay, cool, very good, you'll have four and a half.
Speaker 10: And I'm trying to get Zephyr Hills, so it's.
Speaker 3: Give me good water.
Speaker 1: We've got to the camp around renting has a freezer fridge combo, so we can put a lot of stuff in there. And I've got the full time fridge in the truck too. I was gonna try it. I was thinking about trying to bring my extra ice coat, but I think I probably won't just because it's just something else to carry and there won't be anything in that refrigerator in the v I'm renting. It'll be completely empty, so we can stalk it full of whatever we want.
Speaker 9: My ice co will be empty. Plus one of the too mini fridges will be empty. The other one right now has water in it. Okay, so yeah, and we have hot and cold water off the back of the trailer by my outdoor kitchen.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 9: So if we want to set up like a cleaning station or whatever, we can set that up. I heard your camperful fancy there, Dave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cleaning station. So we're going fishing at some point, I tell you, let's do yeah, yeah, Or we can just shoot dove coming over. If if anyone has a twelve gage, we can do that that way too.
Speaker 5: Let's probably get one from my dad. Another combination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh boy, Okay, that all sounds great, Kyle. Yeah, I'll pitch in some money to you. Yeah, don't get any breakfast stuff. I'm gonna get again bacon and eggs of course, Frank. I got Frank's beans with me. We'll probably do that at lunch one day, or we'll probably do that at dinner one day. I would guess I want I wanted to cook steaks on Thursday, and I might want I might throw some steaks on the Blackstone on Thursday. I'm going to buy some steaks, but I'm not going to buy thirty five steaks. So yeah, if you guys want to bring a steak, I'd be happy to cook it. I will bring some for a few people, but I'm not going to buy all the steaks that Costco has in stock that day.
Speaker 9: And this has a griddle grill combo, so if you actually want to use gas grill.
Speaker 1: I like the Blackstone, Buddy. I just I kind of fell in love that thing when when Kyle was cooking with it at camp one day and I went and bought my own. I just I absolutely, it's all in my head. I realized it's probably all in my head. Probably maybe it's not. But if you cook bacon on a Blackstone, it just tastes better. I don't know why. Yes, I have no idea why, but it's just it's way better if you cook it into the black.
Speaker 9: Eggs after the bacon on the Blackstone.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, yeah, of course, breakfast in general is just yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's a next it's next level on the b it is it really cakes?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it really is, so I yeah, So the Blackstone's going in the truck and we're going to bring that out.
Speaker 4: And are you going to bring a twenty pound propane?
Speaker 1: I have eight? Uh yes, I have a brand new twenty pound propane. Then I have the the extra ten pound that I keep attached to my truck, okay, which is the same size that one you have on the hiker.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and I'll have two online camper also, and I've got sixty pounds on mine.
Speaker 9: So thank we.
Speaker 1: Got there's probably there's got to be propane on the front of that camper I'm renting. And I doubt we're gonna run well, I don't know. I wouldn't think we're going to run heaters. You're probably not gonna.
Speaker 2: Be that mos that I've seen. Most that I've seen in the forecast have been mid fifties, so probably not.
Speaker 1: Probably not. Then I'm going to run a heater.
Speaker 2: Well, you have different blood ju.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: That evening whiskey keeps you warm.
Speaker 1: That yeah, and I've got my I grabbed I went to the hunting lease yesterday and grabbed my Devo slights and extra ch Oh. We need to talk about chairs, and I grabbed my my fire my propane fire ring. So I've got a propane fire ring. So I mean, if it's in the fifties sixties at night, we'll fire up the fire ring. I mean, why not, you know, So it's always good to do at campsite. But yes, if you're driving in, I like we say every year, if you're driving in, bring a chair, bring an extra chair, bring yourself a chair, and bring an extra chair because there's some people who are flying in that can't bring chairs and they'll probably be people hanging out with this all week also, so we want to make sure we have plenty of chairs. I've got three. Yeah, I've got three, and Frank brought me to yesterday and Rob brought me his chair, so he's good. But so I've got I've got like three extras with two my two extras and Frank's extra. So I mean, with.
Speaker 13: Everyone camping, we're gonna have a crapload of people.
Speaker 1: There, you know. And I somebody in the chat when the when the live stream started, asked if we had any more any more room, And the answer is probably not, because I've got eight people that have said I want to be in our little circle. So I there's a couple of them I'm that are up in the air. I'm not one hundred percent sure about. But we're gonna have to figure out when we get there. We're gonna have to figure out how best to configure the circle because it's going to be larger than it was last year.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we're gonna have to We're gonna have to figure out parking and where everyone's gonna go because I think we've already run out of room.
Speaker 1: Well, the parking probably won't be a problem because if you remember and I get turned around on direction, but if you remember where we were last year and the part between us in the row, there was no one over there. There's no hookups or anything over there. There's plenty of field over there, so we can all park like within like a literally a twenty second walk to your vehicle and it's all right there. I don't think parking vehicles is going to be an issue, but we're gonna, well, yes, yeah, yeah, So we're gonna try to want to try to arrange those in like a you know, circle the wagons configuration. I would guess, uh, But we got to make sure everybody's got proper hookups too, So.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Jason, we might want to grab two pots.
Speaker 1: That's what That's what Robert and I were talking about yesterday. We were in Pod two last year. Is that the number? I think?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 1: I think that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when the ones we ought to snag.
Speaker 1: Either two and three or one and two. We didn't choose three last year because there's power lines running right over it, which, okay, I don't know how much HF operating we're going to be doing from the camp site this year is probably not a big deal. But but there's power lines in the kind of in the far back of the of the area there, so we might want.
Speaker 4: To make deca decahedron or whatever. That thing is a twenty sided die.
Speaker 1: Right right, yeah, yeah, so yeah, we might want to circle in between two pods, like pods one and two or two and three, whichever it is.
Speaker 9: So three we're gonna have to both have thirty and fifty. Uh seven and eight.
Speaker 1: Two has fifty because we used it.
Speaker 9: Jerry, you have fifty, which is the first two when you come into the left. Yeah, then it goes four or five and those are only thirties, which I don't know. I'm the only one that really needs fifty, right.
Speaker 1: The camper I read it last year? Uh would Well, it had two air conditioners. In order to use both of them, you had to have fifty. But I don't think we used that because we didn't have a we didn't have cable.
Speaker 3: We weren't tight on power. We were tight on plugs.
Speaker 5: I guess is correctly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 7: We ran I think we ran that r V of yours own thirty amps last year.
Speaker 1: We did, we did, ok, yeah, because he was trying to plug it up to fifty. But I've got a new it's a different RV this year, and I think it's a little bit shorter, although I don't, I don't know. It might be it might be the same thing. I didn't. I didn't look to see what what the emplane was.
Speaker 7: Can you look up to thirty if you need to?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can do thirty with a single air condition yeah, both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And you probably won't need much of an air conditioner if it's in the fifties at night, Just open windows, you know. So yeah, so okay, all right, Well we'll figure it out. I mean, it's it's gonna be a. It's gonna be fun to see how how we circle everything.
Speaker 9: This thing is not easy to get maneuver. I found that out today coming into this park. They have very short terms and small roads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of those RV parks do man State.
Speaker 12: Parks, orangeist. I'm here to tell you. I told you so.
Speaker 10: View Calah Campground.
Speaker 9: Gotta pull through, Yes, yeah, I specifically get pulled through this good.
Speaker 10: Now, good, don't blame it a bit.
Speaker 1: Good? Okay, Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm gonna. I looked at o'cala today because I was talking to Dave on All Star this morning. By the way, if you're driving in, connect to all Star with this for three one, three six. I'll be there sometime tomorrow, probably in the morning, but but when I hit the road for sure in the afternoon and pretty much all day on Tuesday. Uh So connect to all Star, talk to us on all Star, and absolutely monitor one Simplex if you're driving in and try to get some simplex activity going, not just not just when you're don't turn it on when you get thirty minutes away from the show. Turn it on when you leave your qth and keep it on the whole time. And try to make some contacts. Let's try to get it. Don't ever turn it off again, right, yeah, yeah, never never turned it off again, Jason.
Speaker 14: Last year, when you guys were on your way in, we got phone calls from some of our club members. You guys hit them up on I seventy five on the way through Kala. They were so excited.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that would have been me and me and Jason because we were we had met up somewhere around at the north end of Florida and we're driving seventy five down south. So yeah, well both me.
Speaker 7: And you were just yacking going five too, and I think they jumped in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we were.
Speaker 14: Really excited to talk to you guys. We got phone calls I got he was at work. I was at work, and our phone were ringing off the I got a job.
Speaker 10: That now, I mean five two's cool, But we actually have a one four six nine seven zero. It's over one thousand feet no tone, So if you're in Marion County or in between the two counties in between them, it's easy to get into.
Speaker 14: That one over one thousand foot good, what was Freya've we've hit it all the way into Orlando at day Disney Springs.
Speaker 1: What nine?
Speaker 14: What is the what's what's the frequency?
Speaker 10: One four six nine seven zero? It's one thousand feet?
Speaker 2: No time?
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, years, that's gonna say.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised they're not telling you that the maritime mobile MAT's gonna start on five to two or something.
Speaker 7: There you go, Hey, Vaughn, what was it?
Speaker 10: Frequency one four six nine seven zero? It's the Anthony repeater. Uh, it's a thousand feet. It's on the Ka Country Tower.
Speaker 1: How far north does it go? And we lost them so we didn't.
Speaker 10: Just north of Gainesville.
Speaker 1: North of Gainesville? Okay, okay, yeah, y'all blipped for a second. You're back now you blipped? So okay, good? Nick gains Will, Yeah, I probably gonna My original plan was to stay somewhere around Tallahassee on Tuesday night. I might try to make it a little bit closer to Okala. I don't know where you guys are going, but I know that Uh I think Dave and uh Josh and Tim. I think you guys are gonna be in the O'calla area that night, So I might try to track down to y'all. It depends on what time depends on how far I get tomorrow and how early I leave on Tuesday. Well, we're gonna poda.
Speaker 10: We're gonna poda and then we're gonna go get some dinner. So okay, probably.
Speaker 1: Is okay, okay, Yeah, that's just it's just gonna depend on what time I get going.
Speaker 16: So I'll let you know, right, no, no, no, first, okay, that's that's like old people's time.
Speaker 6: I just want to make sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would apply to you though, Tim gray Man, gray Man, that's your dinner time. Gosh, I have it's just bedtime.
Speaker 6: It is right now?
Speaker 1: Oh hey Bell, So yeah.
Speaker 16: Just I guess I'm still in West Virginia, but I don't know the campground that I stopped at. When I got in there, two of the twenty five spots had been plowed, oh my gosh, and they had they had Arby's in it.
Speaker 6: So of course I did a quick quota and then got back on the road. So now I've been at a Laquinta n Liquinta. Actually I'm been a holiday and I thought you.
Speaker 9: Were going to camp all the way down and I'm like, that's not a camp, right right, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 16: A it was a plan, and I probably would have stayed somewhere else, but my I need power from my heater, and it's uh, it's I don't know, it's like fifteen degrees outside right now.
Speaker 1: So oh no, thank you keep that there. Do not bring that crap to Florida with you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 16: I didn't think it snowed this much, this far south. But according to the lady at the front desk, this is an annual event.
Speaker 1: Sheesh.
Speaker 3: You said you're in West Virginia, didn't you. Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Consider that south, not really.
Speaker 3: That's Pennsylvania.
Speaker 6: Parallel.
Speaker 2: That's technical technically below the Mason Dicks of mine.
Speaker 6: That's right. I'll probably further south than Josh's.
Speaker 2: Maybe, yeah. No, West Virginia. West Virginia's northeast of me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Murrayville, Marville, Marville.
Speaker 2: M U R v U L.
Speaker 10: Crouched the other day in Bushnell or bush Now if you're not from here, m yeah, bush we're at the Dad Battlefield that's over there by the National Cemetery. The Florida National Cemetery is really cool.
Speaker 1: Hmm, that's fine, that's cool. Okay, Uh well, let me let me shout out to Shane. What's up.
Speaker 17: Dude, Hello everybody, what do you?
Speaker 1: What are you up to? You're coming to Orlando, aren't you?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 17: I am flying out Wednesday morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, where you staying?
Speaker 18: I'm actually staying at the Rose And which I was going to talk to. I messaged Mike. I texted you, I'm not sure if you got it yet. I've experienced that with Josh myself.
Speaker 1: Hey, the last time I stayed in Rosen they lost my freaking reservation. So well?
Speaker 17: Was there that one with Josh.
Speaker 18: Last year because they had to go ended up going to the Drury last year and this.
Speaker 17: Time it's the other way around.
Speaker 18: But I wanted to let Mike know that I have a spot in my hotel room if he's if he if he wants it for that night.
Speaker 8: That's very kind of you. I still have you as Shane Quefy in my phone too, of course you do.
Speaker 17: That's gonna stick with me. That's gonna stick with me.
Speaker 6: Did your reservation get bored?
Speaker 2: Did what?
Speaker 5: No, Josh, it got joshed up.
Speaker 1: It got joshed up?
Speaker 2: Had quit death of creating my name like that?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 1: He was first man.
Speaker 17: I don't know different, Josh. Anyway, we pushed ninety degrees here today.
Speaker 18: Wow, and uh yeah it was it was hot today.
Speaker 1: It was like eighty one here yesterday.
Speaker 18: So yeah, it's supposed to be eighty one here tomorrow and then Tuesday drops to sixty six, which is get for this area. And three weeks ago, my wife and I took a road trip to Flagstaff that was very very nice.
Speaker 1: Nice. That's a cool area.
Speaker 2: Flag Staff.
Speaker 17: Oh it's Corse.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love fla.
Speaker 17: Flag Staff.
Speaker 18: And this week, before I go to Handcasion, I I have three job interviews this week.
Speaker 1: So really whish me luck?
Speaker 11: Yeah, huh yeah, it's a give them hill Shane.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 18: So yeah, my flight gets in about it's supposed to get in about a quarter to five Wednesday afternoon Eastern. And uh, this time I'm going direct, so I'm doing it straight from lax to Orlando.
Speaker 17: I ain't doing that layover stuff this time.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm I'm bringing my my Harris radio for you to tinker with.
Speaker 17: So are you talking about this one right right here?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: That's it there, that's it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have a way to charge batteries or should I pack that? Honkus Chungus desktop charger. I've got I have it.
Speaker 17: I have a charger that's probably smaller than the one that you have.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you bringing it?
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, how are you gonna? Well, were you gonna bring it? Some other rate? You weren't gonna bring your Harris.
Speaker 17: Uh. I wasn't planning on it. It's heavy.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I'll just pack mine. Don't worry about it. I worry about it. I'll just pack mine.
Speaker 17: But uh yeah, looking forward to seeing everybody totally again.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, okay, all right, Well let's talk about Meshtastic because this was the uh kind of the elephant in the room, but not really. So, yeah, he left. I didn't call him anything. He left. I would leave too if you called me so yeah. So I I suspect we're going to be running like three versions of Meshtastic when we get there. We're gonna some of us are going to be on mesh Tastic proper, some of us are going to be on mesh Tastic, and some of us are going to be on mesh Core. And I plan to have a little bit of eat of everything. So we'll see. Has anyone loaded the him Cassian firmware.
Speaker 11: Yet we're gonna do it livestream tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: Everybody, can my mesh tastic assistant Dave do it for me.
Speaker 7: I loaded it up and it looks like we're running medium fast.
Speaker 9: Short turbo, no short turbo, short turbo.
Speaker 3: This this this is this is a very important point that Jason is running into. I think that Dave is Yeah, Dave's back, Dave, that you had mentioned and I had seen this as well. Right, this is something folks need to be aware of.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so let me do.
Speaker 10: There is.
Speaker 9: Sorry, I had to restart, move my antenna and restart my start link.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fine, so share, Oh hold on, let me turn on sharing for you. All right, go ahead? Did you turn this back over here?
Speaker 9: The screen share?
Speaker 1: And yeah, that's amcation dot mestastic dot org. That's the link I've just shared the chat. That's what he's showing right now.
Speaker 9: All right? So am I still in?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're good. All right.
Speaker 9: So when you go to pick a device, obviously go to ham cation dot mestastic dot org. When you pick your device, you can try and auto detect see if it'll find the V four. But that's one thing I've noticed is with this flasher. Sometimes it doesn't pick up what device, but you can go where's the hell tech v for? Oh, there it is. It found it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, good.
Speaker 9: Pick the firmware and when you go to flash, make sure to do a full erase and install. Right, it'll do that. Yeah, If you don't, it's going to take some of what year old firmware was and some of what your new firmware is and the jumble it up the worst of both worlds. Yeah, and so it's just not going to talk to anybody at that point. But make sure to do a full erase and install. If it's an NRF device, you're going to have to do the NRF erase. I don't know if you guys want me to show you that real quick.
Speaker 1: Soil inter F is a chip set. It's a type of chip. There's basically two chips. There's an ESP thirty two and there's an NRF which is a newer version which is more battery efficient. So if you have a choice, I would choose the NF chip, but the other one's just fine too. There's nothing wrong with right.
Speaker 3: One's more feature rich than the other.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, what's in the T one? Thousand.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I updated the.
Speaker 16: T one thousand last night and the Woe Tracker and didn't have any problems.
Speaker 6: Good and didn't erase anything.
Speaker 12: Good.
Speaker 7: Well seven didn't do the full of race first.
Speaker 3: I didn't, but but Jason didn't think he had any problems either. He just got settings that aren't correct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it still shows the right firmware because I went back and compared to what's on the page, but it showed up as medium fast. In fact, it's still working on the stuff that we run locally here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and that's that's the issue, is it. The splash screen will come up, it looks like it's the the correct firmware, but it's not.
Speaker 6: So it's all your fault, Dave fault. That's all your fault.
Speaker 1: Okay, this one has a I have a whiz block.
Speaker 9: So this time it picked up. It's just fine. Say the seed card tracker, yep. So you go through the regular steps, enter it into the few mode and oh right here where it says flash, the ad says erased flash of the seed card Tracker.
Speaker 1: Mh.
Speaker 9: You click this and it has some steps. First off, you have to enter d f you mode, which it did, and you download this UF two, which is an erase u F two. What it does is that's how you erase the firmware on that device. So you'll have your window here and you take and see that it says n r F erase and you drag it into that folder and then it'll go through and the folder disappears. That The other step is you have to open the serial monitor and see formatting done. Rebooting device in DFE mode. Now you can actually download the correct DF you right here or the u F two.
Speaker 1: Is this for all the chips sets? Is this how it is the last one?
Speaker 9: The first one I did was an ESP thirty two device, but the ones that have the window that pop up the NRF devices, you have to follow these steps in order to for it to work. Which one this is, and then it'll go through and now it'll have the full firmware. Yeah, I don't know if all of that popped up on the screen or not. Well, it looks like I got something to do, right and we So there's there's going to be two at least two stations at Hamcshion to help you through this. My booth, we will be flashing devices for people and then there's another booth who's a friend of mine, called maker Nova. He's going to have a station set up to help people flash their devices as well. He'll be selling non seed studio devices and cases and accessories or some of the seed studio stuff.
Speaker 5: So nice.
Speaker 9: He also sells the the antenna that you need to have for your devices, the little Whip nine hunds whip antenna that I suggest everybody buys.
Speaker 2: Which.
Speaker 1: I mean, what what's the brand on it?
Speaker 9: If you go on Amazon, it just says generic nine mets Okay, but it's the It wasn't prepared to show off my chest stuff. I apologize.
Speaker 1: It's not like that's what you do every day.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, Dave, I have a real life.
Speaker 9: Do this on the side for fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you catch your priorities backwards? Brother, I got you, Kyle, Sorry, I had the window minimized. So uh yeah, uh yeah. ZBM two and Iron Spear Outfitters both making nine hundred fifteen mega hurts, those foul weather whips. Those are both really good too in my opinion, So yes, yes, I would. Yeah. Yeah. The ZBM is a great antenna. That's what what I've got on my Uh, I've got a dual band version on my kin with D seventy five. This guy here, Uh, that could be a tim your picture. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: I love I love yeh.
Speaker 1: He makes a nine hundred and fifteen mega hurts mestastic antenna. So and I believe correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't Signal stick make one? All now?
Speaker 18: Also, so I'm not sure I've seen one from signal Stick.
Speaker 1: I thought that Signal Stick was making him, or at least he was talking about it. And also you're gonna see probably in a month or so, Ed Fong is going to be making one too.
Speaker 3: So smiley Antenna's makes one.
Speaker 1: Do they? Okay? That's good.
Speaker 3: It's a nice one.
Speaker 17: Looks like a smiling.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, good, Well, I'll probably pick one up of your buddy their day, because why not. I mean, you can never have too many intent yeah, or radios or radios.
Speaker 9: All right, So I'm done sharing unless anybody else has another question, all right, I don't know how to stop sharing.
Speaker 10: I went ahead and on signal stuff, and I don't see anything yet.
Speaker 1: Maybe he was just talking about it at one point and he never actually did it. But okay, that's possible. Seems like that would be an easy thing for him to do because they're usually shorter antennas. So uh, okay, I'm gonna stop your sharing, Dave. There we go, and I'm gonna go ahead and flash this one while I'm talking all so, okay, good, So it's gonna be it's gonna be interesting to see all the activity that is on meshtastic, Meshastic and meshcre both around there.
Speaker 17: Do they sell They sell the mesh tastics at hammcashon. I can I can pick one up?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, that's what Dave's gonna Dave's gonna be in a booth. There's actually a third vent so Spec five is going to be there. Spec five Seed Studios, and there's a third one that Michael mentioned on my live stream a couple weeks ago. I can't remember who it is. Maybe that's who he said. I was thinking it was another manufacturer, but maybe that's who he said.
Speaker 17: That five is the one I remember seeing next to Kevin's booth.
Speaker 1: Yes yeah, seed studio, yes see yeah, we're officially sponsored by Seed Studio tonight, not officially unofficially sponsored by Seed Studio.
Speaker 6: So studio is the one you want to get affiliated. I think that's what you're trying to affiliate. We're affiliated.
Speaker 1: Both of them have good devices. Both of them have good devices. I've got some seed devices that I really like, and I've got some Spec five devices that are.
Speaker 9: Really five makes beautiful cases.
Speaker 1: Yes they do. And I've got.
Speaker 10: Somesed to be there too.
Speaker 2: Yes they are. I remember seeing that.
Speaker 1: Now Rockland is going to be there. Okay, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I talked to the guy from the Gainesville store just north of me that he said that they'll they'll have a booth.
Speaker 1: Good Okay, they are wow.
Speaker 9: Competition, Oh it's it's all right, yeah, both both Rockland and uh well, everybody but Spec five sells Seed studio devices, so that's fine.
Speaker 16: Right, mm hmmm, Dave, I got the email from movisy Works that my stuffs on the way.
Speaker 9: Sweet. Yeah, my batteries are there, they're quick, which they are. There's then then that's something new that's this is off topic from amplication, but with mesh Tastic is mesh Tastic is going to start moving into the two point four gigahertz Laura region as well as.
Speaker 1: The nine I just I just I just got those duo boards. Yeah, so that's pretty cool because supposedly that's better at uh voice transmissions.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, you can do voice messages. It just hit a lot more bandwidth to be able to do more than just messaging and location sharing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's gonna be nice.
Speaker 1: So we'll see.
Speaker 2: Jason, has there been any talk about simples and are we like from comms within the fair grounds?
Speaker 1: Uh, we haven't really touched on that yet. During this stream, we're gonna use what we the same thing we use in the past, which is one forty six to four five I believe, so yeah, yeah, so again as we could use that too, but the only time we need to use that is u ham mention. In my opinion, we could.
Speaker 17: Do like what we did in hantspille Jaason to do two twenty d star and we.
Speaker 1: Could do that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do that be okay with that?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Uh, I think that I think we should be on uh six top five two as we're driving in and then when you get there, monitor six top five to two if you want to still, but six top four to five is where most of us will be. I'm going to have a bay station set up at the campsite.
Speaker 6: So I did.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 16: I was all the way down here on one four, six, five to I heard one conversation.
Speaker 11: Yeah, potential call out.
Speaker 1: That's something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I did cal and late in the evening time there's a group of guys that get on five to two make noise and it's they're closer into by seventy five.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 6: I am tired.
Speaker 7: It's been a long day.
Speaker 14: Yeah that's not true. I got I got food.
Speaker 7: I brought you home.
Speaker 14: I fed you.
Speaker 6: Just punch them right now, right in front of all of us.
Speaker 3: I let your dot to the dome.
Speaker 5: Man both to the dome.
Speaker 7: It doesn't not just kick him.
Speaker 10: Y'all saw that video, Yes true, yesterday ten meters y'all.
Speaker 7: Were we got Australia three times.
Speaker 10: We got really wow, Alaska, Alaska.
Speaker 14: The map looks so pretty.
Speaker 2: It was really cool.
Speaker 14: It was amazing reliance.
Speaker 10: Sanna, me and the Me and Julie and the Grouch were sitting there at Dave Battlefield and we were just killing it out.
Speaker 5: We had a good time. We had a lie but that was you know, it's always.
Speaker 6: Well, we're using the bug out. But I got many ears. Yeah, yeah, I have one that's great. I love that I have to have one.
Speaker 5: It was so great.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 10: It's got one shipping out on Monday.
Speaker 9: You know, Mike's got one that he's never used.
Speaker 5: Oh, I got it from a guy who bought it and never used it.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it still lives on. It's never being used.
Speaker 8: It's it's in the box of antennas under the work page somewhere we use.
Speaker 9: At least, that's not true.
Speaker 14: I have a Reliance antenna that I have not used.
Speaker 12: That's very true.
Speaker 5: You have to blow up one blow up, and I've never used that.
Speaker 10: The inflatable twenty meter.
Speaker 2: You still haven't used that same yet.
Speaker 14: Okay, So every time I go to do it at the beach is far too windy for me to use anything blow up.
Speaker 10: We end up putting an antenna an infant on kite. Yeah it kills.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's a cool thing to do.
Speaker 14: That's what I want to do with the bug out mini.
Speaker 17: Is that a little key on car.
Speaker 14: I can get that thing up in the air. Vaughn's got me a kite that will lift a small child.
Speaker 2: So it's great.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be good night, Hue.
Speaker 17: I've activated a park in Alaska. That was pretty hard.
Speaker 10: That's we're going. It's on our bucket list.
Speaker 14: I've lived in alas for three years.
Speaker 7: I'm good.
Speaker 5: Which part.
Speaker 18: So my my my wife's brother lives in Fairbanks. Yeah, and they sent us a picture in mid December of them standing in front of the UAF sign and it was negative forty five.
Speaker 14: Yeah, listen everything after.
Speaker 4: First of all, it's very dry there.
Speaker 7: The snow does and stick together.
Speaker 6: So and anything.
Speaker 14: After thirty below your numb it doesn't matter. It could be eighty below, it could be. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's just pain.
Speaker 1: It's just it's just pain.
Speaker 2: It's awful.
Speaker 3: All At what temperature does your freeze dryer start working?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think it freezes it like negative forty three.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there you go, So it does matter.
Speaker 8: Just get a heated sleeping bag, get in there, step out, freeze, step in, and you could supplement yourself and get rid of all the moisture in your body.
Speaker 17: There it is right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, screw all that noise.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forget a bunch of that.
Speaker 5: Hey, Dave, do you have that those little screws with you?
Speaker 2: By any chance? Right up there?
Speaker 8: Okay, cool, I'll bring that little thing so the alley Cat makes this little three I'm printing another one right now, this little three D printed holster that takes your T one thousand and turns it. You take a bow fang belt clip and it makes it into like remember.
Speaker 5: The old the like we all most well.
Speaker 8: I grew up in the nineties and we all had pagers, and it reminds me of the Motorola Bravo Express, the one that had like the little holster.
Speaker 5: That it's in and out of Classic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there you.
Speaker 5: Go, Jason, he's got one.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: So I'm printing one for the Molly now because I'm buying another T one thousand from Dave when I get there. But I was like, that's the coolest fricking thing in the world because then you can be like retro a pager.
Speaker 1: They were given those away at Hamsagh last year. Somebody was big into three D printing and was given away all kinds of holsters and they had one for the two one thousand. I'm like, oh, I've got two of them.
Speaker 2: Is it gonna be?
Speaker 6: Is that an iWB holster? There Dave.
Speaker 9: Inside the waist man.
Speaker 1: There you go, that's it.
Speaker 6: Gotta gotta conceale carrier.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 14: I said, Dave, Do you have them in pink yet?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 9: And pretty red red. It's one of those translation that looks like wine, which is the only world that I've got.
Speaker 5: Really, it's got my name on it, Dave, very very fine print.
Speaker 9: It's red translucent too. So my clip fell off, it broke the little uh screwing jobbers came out stripped.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad to know I'm the last one to find out about.
Speaker 7: This, my queer. Were you at Huntsville last year?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh, not looking for a holster for the Seed studio.
Speaker 7: At one time, obviously.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, show up, thanks, David.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, do show up into pavilion on Friday? You had tons of them?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we spa out on a p R S.
Speaker 2: Was there.
Speaker 7: I think message that must not have.
Speaker 5: Gone through because it's not very reliable. You just pushed the.
Speaker 2: Your boys.
Speaker 5: Well I got more green in bamboo, p E. T G H F Red.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 8: And I don't have any pink filaments. Sorry, but I got all those colors over there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that box is out in the truck. But I have pink and I have purple. I know, Jason, you want. You liked orange, so I have a translucent kind of safety orange. So yeah, I've got got a bunch.
Speaker 6: Luck with the translucent center.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, Okay, I haven't.
Speaker 6: I bought a bigger nozzle up to do some translucence.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 9: The standard four millimeter will do it if you change some of the settings on the printer, if you want it to be clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I want to be clear. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, You've got to use a fat nozzle very slow, and it will almost be clear that.
Speaker 6: I want to. I want to like like prison edition, okay, yeah, where you can kind of see through it. Yeah, you do well.
Speaker 16: Redesigned some radio cases, you know, and like this and oh but.
Speaker 10: Mm hmm, tim my lunch box, buddy, that's prison Edition right there, my lunchbox.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's clear.
Speaker 14: So vond bought me something, y'all, And my niece is gonna be dazzle it for me, isn't it cute?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So dirty?
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah dirty.
Speaker 12: So I don't know what that means, but.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 10: She's it's adorable.
Speaker 6: Turn nice radios. I don't know why everybody there's so much hate on those things.
Speaker 14: Listen, mom, won't let me be dazzle the icon.
Speaker 1: So I said, then buy me something cheap.
Speaker 6: H What do you mean you won't let you be dazzle the seventy three hundred?
Speaker 7: He won't let me dazzle it.
Speaker 14: Listen, you should have seen the stink just to put pink rails on it.
Speaker 2: And won't let you.
Speaker 17: And we'll let you put a little diamonds around the VFO.
Speaker 5: Now you know, diamond and crusted vf O.
Speaker 6: That's that's bond. That's texture, buddy, and that is that is that is my.
Speaker 5: Well, you got the disco ball hanging up in the car.
Speaker 2: Why would you not?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 17: Fast enough. It's like a laser that goes around and around and around.
Speaker 2: Shine a light on that.
Speaker 10: Fine, we gotta find something that will spend that thing on battery power or something, because don't.
Speaker 5: Give me an idea.
Speaker 14: We'll have an electric light show up in there.
Speaker 7: It would be amazing.
Speaker 8: Get a fog machine, Oh my god, great, just another us O cab.
Speaker 5: Listens.
Speaker 14: Von already hates life operating with me, you.
Speaker 5: Know, damn it?
Speaker 2: Double woman.
Speaker 6: Hey Vaughn, what are you gonna do when she gets her extra before you?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what are you gonna do.
Speaker 4: C w.
Speaker 9: Okay do f T eight like y'all you other more?
Speaker 16: I mean, guys, I mean she's gonna be down there working, working in the extra portion of the band doing potus.
Speaker 6: Side.
Speaker 1: It's true, we already do that.
Speaker 8: Anyways, last night was one hundred and sixty eight pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but you and the other three people I made contacts.
Speaker 5: Actually it was still like.
Speaker 3: O'clock in the morning, wasn't.
Speaker 10: I really wanted to do it late night eighty meter poda.
Speaker 12: Yeah you can do that.
Speaker 9: Mhmm.
Speaker 8: It's easier this time of year when it gets dark so stupid early.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, well, I mean we have permission to be at a couple of the parks late night, late night, so it wouldn't be a problem.
Speaker 10: In fact, the park that the Tim and and Dave maybe hopefully we're all going through that one there is we don't. We've been there ten o'clock at night and yeah, they're cool.
Speaker 14: The cop comes by anyways.
Speaker 10: He sees all over disco lighting.
Speaker 14: I think he might have poked in one of our one of our lives.
Speaker 10: My shepherd just about took out my camp my camera and just.
Speaker 14: Now mais.
Speaker 12: Averican goose, flash averickan drink goose.
Speaker 10: Here's a boy, all black German shepherd.
Speaker 5: Y'all, Oh, I want to pet that dog? I want to.
Speaker 14: I can't take him anywhere thre because he gets car sick.
Speaker 1: That's good, Okay, can.
Speaker 9: You get down?
Speaker 1: Electric coming, Yep, Electric's coming.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: She will be there, She'll be in my back seat. Zoom.
Speaker 5: We will all be taking electric hair home with us.
Speaker 1: I had her. I had herd shedded about a month ago, so she's she still sheds a little bit, but not nearly as bad as she as she used to.
Speaker 18: That my dad, my dad has a full of breef Siberian husky and that until oh yeah, oh, in a matter of an hour, I'll will fall.
Speaker 9: My hair like this like it's right, is it?
Speaker 12: Chris?
Speaker 5: Is that what? He has a big white dog?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, at list Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: We've been hanging out with Grouch since he's been down here all winter.
Speaker 5: At an electric slide in the villages.
Speaker 10: But his yellow lab, Watson, Watson, he leaves some hair behind. Also, it's not bad, but it's bad enough yellow lair. He's a great dog though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what I want a dog.
Speaker 12: Josh just taking a nap.
Speaker 6: Paul is Paul wintering in the in the villages. No.
Speaker 14: I tried to get him to like hang out in villages, but he, like I said, he owes me electric slide before he leaves.
Speaker 6: Does he meet the minimum age requirement to be in the villages? No, okay, it's like fifty enough.
Speaker 14: Right, he's younger than we are.
Speaker 12: But two years?
Speaker 7: Is it like the villagers day?
Speaker 14: Depends on how well you marry. But yes, technically there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm there.
Speaker 8: I don't know why all y'all are fussing about this stupid boo fang mini because it ain't the mini.
Speaker 5: The UV three are is the Mini.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's even cuter, I know, and it's in yellow.
Speaker 2: Y'all can keep y'all can keep your many is. I'll just take this thing and be fine with it. You over chriced about overspent I don't think so. It's the most it's the most versatile ht I've ever owned.
Speaker 1: It's not overspending if it's the best on the market and offers more features than anything else does.
Speaker 10: It's true.
Speaker 11: We got t got so come find me at the radiodity booth inside of the Hamcash deal and bring your stickers. We're going to do a sticker trade. And if you've got some duplicates then you know, drop one, take one, but leave some extras. Then we're gonna ship them overseas to some of our friends that are overseas that can't make it.
Speaker 8: I need the stickers for the other side of my water bottles. So if you see me, and more importantly, if you see my water bottle a sticker. If you have one of those stupid big stickers though, frig off, though I don't want your sticker.
Speaker 7: On Mike, I've got brand new APRS stickers just for you.
Speaker 5: I will burn them all. You know you won't, And I got a I got a present for you, Jason.
Speaker 1: Trust me, you're not gonna want to burn these stickers.
Speaker 5: Why because of the because of the fumes and all the.
Speaker 17: Get let off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just they're they're they're too awesome.
Speaker 17: That's like.
Speaker 3: Freplace.
Speaker 9: I've got key chat.
Speaker 12: Wow key changing nice fancy in the dark ones.
Speaker 9: I don't think these are the James Seed Studio stickers. My stickers I got stuff.
Speaker 5: I got the same stickers.
Speaker 8: I gotta find, like, like someone who can do graphic design because that ain't my cup of tea to get different stickers.
Speaker 1: I have flashed this device two or three times by erasing the NRF thing first and reflashing it, and it keeps coming up with the default firmwhere so it's not taking it.
Speaker 3: Do I try a factory reset on it?
Speaker 1: Jason, I had to do that on some NRF, So this is okay, I'll I'll try this is that new device I just got. It's just well, of course he had set it up for me.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I haven't put anything on it, but he had set it up for me, So I'll do that. That's a good idea.
Speaker 7: I'll just flash mind and it took this time.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll etf Radio prk's sticker is freaking ginormous.
Speaker 2: Oh ship.
Speaker 9: But yeah, like I said, I have the shack PC and I'll have my laptop. Anybody needs getting anything flashed, I'll be there.
Speaker 6: They can't.
Speaker 20: You don't have your mic on and just just for you, Mike, Yeah, buddy, you know what, Yeah buddy, if you know, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's a brother in the way of the bidet.
Speaker 2: Oh the way, here we go, as give me some wings.
Speaker 10: Chicken wangs and things. These are hot too, boys.
Speaker 21: How the camera just poured it in on all of the sudden when he took that bots.
Speaker 12: Don't need to see you eat?
Speaker 6: Is it over yet?
Speaker 15: There was?
Speaker 1: There was some game on earlier. I didn't really catch which one it was there playing soccer soccer game. Yeah, okay, real.
Speaker 2: Real sports start after ham Casion closes on Sunday. That's right.
Speaker 16: I'm kind of curious to see the the shake up and the numbers between the halftime show and the alternative halftime show real one on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm interested in that myself. Real sports actually start next October when BO season opens, right right, you're right.
Speaker 2: About it?
Speaker 1: Or all right, all right, we'll see. We'll see on Thursday, Steve. Hey, you're gonna you're gonna make it on time to your own event this time, Steve? Probably, okay, all right, just just let us know.
Speaker 12: Maybe, Yeah, Jim's picking me up, so that's why it's probably.
Speaker 17: Yeah, right right, that's that's dicey.
Speaker 11: I'll uber I'll see you later, see you manh So.
Speaker 1: Okay, So once again six top five two simplex on the way out there, join us on All Star for three one three six is the All Star Hub. You guys believe get your All Stars. Kyle, you got your All Star with you?
Speaker 4: No, unfortunately not.
Speaker 1: Okay, we still got the connection on the phone, don't you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could echo link in sure, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you can connect via echo link as well.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna be looking for an all Star node.
Speaker 5: He'll be there. Steve, the the guy that makes the Sherry's emailed me the other day.
Speaker 1: Did you get ahold of him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well Jeff came over and he fixed my internet thing with it.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 8: But Steve will be there selling the sherry hieh hat, whatever the heck it's called.
Speaker 5: He'll be in the.
Speaker 8: Like the Flea Market building. So if you leave the main building and you walk into that side door on on the Flea Market and then turn right, he'll be kind of in the I think it's the southeast corner somewhere around there.
Speaker 5: So if you if you're looking for an all Star node, you can get one there.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 10: You said there was an echo link also that was connected to it.
Speaker 1: There is an echo link. I'mna have to look up the number because I don't remember. Uh. I know, Dave's got his All Star.
Speaker 13: If you connect to my just search my call sign an EchoLink and it should come up.
Speaker 4: And I've got my server running well.
Speaker 1: Same. Yeah, mine's under my call sign too. I just can't never remember what the number is. Tim, Do you got your Echo link with you? Or you're an all Star with you?
Speaker 4: Rather?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got it a truck.
Speaker 2: It's okay. Good.
Speaker 16: It worked pretty well for until I got down here to West Virginia. I didn't have any problems, could stay stay connected the whole time. I talked to Dave and Jeff good good quite a bit today.
Speaker 3: Tim, have you driven through the West Virginia Technology Corridor.
Speaker 2: I have not. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Link you'll miss it.
Speaker 5: That sounds like an oxymron.
Speaker 3: It's almost funny when you drive through. No offense to anyone from West Virginia coming on.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was definitely in a.
Speaker 16: UH Appalachia stand today and UH technology was challenging.
Speaker 5: You have like a cotton gin and a butter churner. There technology I've seen.
Speaker 6: I've seen more technology in an Amish UH farm.
Speaker 7: Cranking up for going to be the best you ever had though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. It'll stand for one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Okay, my Echo Link number is eight seven five five one zero. Eight seven five five one zero that connects directly to my all Star hub. And yeah, you can connect to Kyle as well because Kyle is connected to me.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 1: But eight seven five five one zero is my I'm not All Star, Hi.
Speaker 6: There's not there's a there's an app for your phone.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, it's repeater something.
Speaker 1: Or well, there's an echo link app. And then there's there's a there's an all Star app DV switch.
Speaker 2: Uh no, no, not on the Apple side of the world.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I could repeat it and tell you that.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, work's great repeater phone.
Speaker 6: Yes, and then you can link to Jason's node and be able to talk to everybody.
Speaker 1: Really, you know, I'll be on there tomorrow. Dave's on there now. Tim sounds like Tim's kind of on there now. So yeah, you guys hit us up and we'll drive in together. Be fun.
Speaker 10: Well, some of us have to work Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, but after hours we'll be on.
Speaker 1: Technically, when I hit the road tomorrow and start talking on the radio, I will be working, so I don't live, you know.
Speaker 8: Claim there was miles business trip yeah, that's right, right, Yeah, I got to go be Jake from State Farm.
Speaker 17: Khakis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, anyway, she sounds hideous. Well she's a guy. So you say that. You see that that one where they put the bow thang in there, it sounds hideous. Well it's a bow thing. So eight seven five five one two. What did I say, Jody? Oh no, no, it's one zero. Hold on, stop making me second gainst myself, Jody, My god, connected it. It's eight seven eight six seven five. If I could get that, I would totally do it. Eight seven five five one zero one zero. That's what I know. This is.
Speaker 6: This is kind of cool.
Speaker 16: I don't know if it'll show up on here. So you got to make a fantastic get the mesh tastic one. But then they got there, Yeah that's not Yeah, I like that color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put it on the on the handheld. You get the full color experience, right if you put it on the BlackBerry looking one. Oh okay this guy, yeah, put.
Speaker 21: It on that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, what do those go for?
Speaker 6: They eat ink.
Speaker 9: They have a really cool logo with ham cashon two point twenty twenty six. And when it comes on.
Speaker 3: Where it comes this is good.
Speaker 1: Oh nice that's so good.
Speaker 2: Fancy, Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 7: Fancy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got my I've got my Spec five Ranger with the dual eighteen six fifties in the studio. I don't really carry it that much. I'll tell you, how about how about this? Whoever gives me one, but we don't make them, so no, no, no, you Lilego makes it. Nobody makes those. You guys have the same thing they do. Actually, I think I bought that No, they did give me that one. I bought their Spector Pro, but they did give me the Ranger. So Casey okay, okay, Jody, Casey five HWB dash L is the one that's connected to my all Star eight seven five five one two is probably my phone and it should not be online right now. But Jason, okay, but well I'll I'll hit you up, Jason. You know the super secret messaging service that we use that no one else can figure out. I'll be on there tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 1: So all right, all right, But see I texted him yesterday. He's like, he's like, uh, he said something about you've been offline. I'm like, no, I haven't been offline, but my uh my internet spotty because I'm on Verizon and he's like, put a put all, put Starlink in there. I was like, Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do, Starlink truck.
Speaker 2: That is something I am actually looking forward to trying for the first time because I've gotten my my star many out there and it's ready to go. I promised my viewers I wouldn't set it up until I get before.
Speaker 1: It's it's great for download.
Speaker 7: Upload sucks. We struggle.
Speaker 1: Do you notice anything as far as the upload goes? What does that affect besides live streaming?
Speaker 10: See, our internet just went out when you said, do you notice anything in a way.
Speaker 1: So you're on starlink now, okay, so I was on starlink. Well okay, so you're on zoom but using like normal applications, Like do you have any trouble with it there? Like I can watch YouTube TV or YouTube on my starlink all day long with no problem and they froze. But yeah, they froze again.
Speaker 6: No, you're fine, Dave.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, it's not you, it's them.
Speaker 5: Well I know, I think it is advertisement for starlink.
Speaker 9: We we're talking about starlink and mineus. So that's the first time I've used it out of state, I guess, oh yeah, on the Ron package and I'm getting like eighteen megabits down. It'll it'll pop up to like fifty sixty eighty and then drop down and then the up is fifteen twenty.
Speaker 3: So I wish I could get fifteen twenty.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're getting fifteen twenty up, you should be able to live stream, no problem. Yeah, But it's it's it's the fluctuation is what is what affects it. Because when I put the star link at the Galveston House last weekend, I was getting like thirty up and like one hundred and fifty down and it was it was fine, but I don't know live streaming. It blipped a few times, so I think it was just it's not very consistent.
Speaker 9: Well, it keeps catching the satellites as they come across, right right, Yeah, that's one thing I noticed. But at the last RV park is about every forty five minutes to an hour, I would get a blip, right, And so I started watching and there's one satell light that's starting to decay and it's got his buddy right behind him ready to turn on. But as soon as this one decays and goes away. Then this one becomes active, So this one's starting to die.
Speaker 2: So the handoff isn't fluid.
Speaker 1: Yes, but do you have your all Star node running on starlink?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: And have you noticed any issues with that?
Speaker 9: I nobody can connect to me. I can.
Speaker 1: Yes, the double matted thing isn't understood. I understand that. I'm wondering how reliable it is with you connecting out.
Speaker 9: I've never well, so I get a new public IP address about every twenty four hours, and so it will drop off of my connection to you about every twenty four hours and I'll have to reconnect it. But on that no issues at all.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, Okay, that's because once I put mine in the truck, I want to connect my my mobile all Star node to it, and and then my tablet of course, which runs my uh my navigation software.
Speaker 10: But I'm not sure if you has noticed. But it was January first when it went from fifty gigs for fifty bucks. Now it's a hundred gigs.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's correct, yep, yep, yeah, doubled in, doubled in capacity, but the price stayed the same.
Speaker 2: Well, on the pros, the price on the Many itself is great right now, two hundred bucks down.
Speaker 1: The last time they dropped the price on one of their dishes, that was right before they released a new one. So there's we're probably about to see a Mini two or something like that of the Universion two. Yeah, I guess that's total total.
Speaker 10: Guess No, the same size is just gonna be faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would guess that's what I would guess.
Speaker 10: Well, the new version three, I think is what five hundred down now, well, so hopefully.
Speaker 9: Catch up to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I ain't fast up though.
Speaker 1: The version three is what I have, but the Galveston house and I'm getting like one hundred and fifty to two hundred down and about thirty to thirty five up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got four people that are at it.
Speaker 1: It's very dependent on location, though, very dependent on location.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 9: Obviously in where am I at, wherever I'm at in Louisiana.
Speaker 2: It sucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It sounds like they don't have really good coverage out.
Speaker 10: There and all you need is one tree branch to really yeah the day up.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it actually doesn't work bad at the beach.
Speaker 1: When we go to the beach, it doesn't work bad at the beach, yeah yet clear. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Not too many trees, No, no, not too many trees.
Speaker 4: Occasional.
Speaker 7: Palm fron right right, palm, yeah, occasional.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, let's uh, let's call this and uh uh shut it down. And I look forward to seeing everyone in about three days, I guess, but hopefully talk to all of you on the radio, one form of radio or the other between now and then. So thanks for joining tonight, and it's gonna be a fun show. Really looking forward to it. If anything happens with did Kyle leave, I guess he did. If anything happens with the food or anything, hit me up. We're also in the discord, the Hampcason Camping discord channel, so most of you, I think are in there, and we'll we'll talk in there or on the radio.
Speaker 5: Everyone, good bye.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna. I'm gonna close this one out with style. You guys, get ready, seventy three guys, we'll see.
Speaker 5: You by everybody.
Speaker 7: Bye.
Speaker 3: That's too high.
Speaker 2: They're crazy.
Speaker 21: Well.
Speaker 19: I tuned into the chatter on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: Opening for some wisdom or a signal soul riding.
Speaker 19: But all I heard was grumbling a little frequency jam.
Speaker 5: Every channel's crowded.
Speaker 19: With sad Ham, Oh sad hemp crying on the van.
Speaker 1: Complaining about the prices.
Speaker 5: Things ain't doing.
Speaker 7: Ass playing Sadam.
Speaker 5: Always in a jam. Turned it down, and there you are.
Speaker 19: Just a sad hand.
Speaker 5: These new rigs are pricing, just a corporate game.
Speaker 1: Back in my day it wasn't called the same.
Speaker 5: And those YouTube folks.
Speaker 12: They've all sold out.
Speaker 19: The sad Ham chorus hero scream and shout, Oh sad Pamp crying, old bath, complaining about the prisis. Things ain't going ass Pad, sad Pam, always in a jam.
Speaker 2: Turned it down.
Speaker 1: There you are