Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: News needs who you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running success as we can show.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez. Welcome my friends to the only and I mean that, the only show of his kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take con place. You've been ripped off. If you just need some help, this is the show for you. Over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds, services directly do to this show. Here's the bottom line. You got a bad contractor in your life, maybe has not finished the job but charged you one hundred percent, or you can't see him to find him, maybe he didn't do anything. We go after scumbags like that. Maybe you got a bad landlord. Maybe you haven't had hot water for about a week or two. We have dealt with so many of those recently, it's absolutely insane. The scum lords have been crawling out of the ditches for some reason. It's almost like when it rains real heavy and you see those worms just start popping up in a parking lot. That's how some of these landlords are now. Listen, there's also horrible, horrible, and I mean horrible tenants out there. A neighbor of ours, remember Deputy Dave Suzanne or Depity Dave, neighbor Dave Ye, my god, he had people living in his house in twenty twenty one for a full year, not paying one nickel of rent. He couldn't kick him out, He couldn't do anything you do. It was ridiculous, and he was paying Dmitri. Listen to this, Deputy Dmitri. Imagine you're renting out of house and you're renting it out for three thousand dollars a month, and your mortgage payment on that house is two nine and fifty dollars. He was losing cash flow like a mother every single day. It was horrible. You couldn't do anything back then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a total definition of inequity, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. And you couldn't take them to court, You couldn't get the sheriff to come out. And on top of that, they did some damage. So listen, I pick on landlords because recently we have gotten a ton of calls on them, But I digress. If you've been ripped off and need help, three zero three seven one three eight two five five, three zero three, Martina, we're here to help in studio with me, Joe Keiano, my Moneymway dot Com. We're gonna be talking about guaranteed income as we weave that through the show. In fact, Joe and I do a show on Sundays. It plays on What what is that station, Joe I Free? It's the Freedom Freedom hit your mic. Yeah, it's right next to us. I can't believe I forget the name of the station. That's literally ten feet away. Deputy bow sus County's on the other side of the glass, and Shannon, of course running at three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Let's start with Karen. Hey, Karen, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Hi there?
Speaker 3: I just want to say thank you for everything you guys have done all the years. I started listening to your show with my dad and then I kind of continued it on, so I appreciate it nice.
Speaker 1: What's going on with this roommate issue.
Speaker 3: Well, my daughter's moved out together and in October and within probably less than a month, my daughter met a guy she works with and she's pretty much basically moved him in and he's stopped paying rent.
Speaker 1: It's just some helped me out here. Is it a two bedroom apartment? What are we talking about? A house? What is it?
Speaker 3: It's a two bedroom apartment?
Speaker 1: And who lives there? Both of your daughters?
Speaker 3: Yeah, both of my daughters.
Speaker 1: And they pay people fifty to fifty and then one of them moved in what seems to be a deadbeat.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically he works and stuff like that. He lives with his aunt I guess, in the bottom of her house and she works with him and all that. And he did have also did have a car. Within the last three months or so, his car broke down, so he's been using her car too.
Speaker 1: Okay, So where are you going though? If she's putting up with this, I'll put my doctor Laura had On here for a second. I mean, it sounds like your daughter's doing everything wrong.
Speaker 3: Well she might, well, my other daughter, they're actual paternal twins, but wow, the one, the one daughter has been asking the other daughter. You know, since this all started to please he doesn't live here. I'm not happy with it. I bet you know. I've asked, he's asked him. You know that he has his own place. Can you go over there? You know?
Speaker 8: She's like, he didn't we didn't.
Speaker 1: You know, it's definitely creating a riff between the sisters. Right, Oh yeah, so the one so listen, in that lease, most likely there's only two people on it. I assume your two daughters both signed the lease equally. Ye yes, okay, So that guy really shouldn't live there. Somewhere in that lease most likely. Once again, if it's a typical apartment in Colorado, it's going to say if you're here more than three days, you're not supposed to be here more than three days, unless if you're added to the lease. So your one daughter that's not liking what's going on could simply call up the landlord and say, hey, this guy's not on the lease. I don't want him here. Now. It's going to create another bigger riff with their sister. But if you really want to guy out, that is the direction I would go.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I got to look through the lease because she couldn't see anything.
Speaker 1: Do you have a copy of the lease?
Speaker 3: I could probably get it from her.
Speaker 9: I would love to get it.
Speaker 1: If you got a copy of the lease, I'll send it over to one of our attorneys, die Ball Brad O'Brien and he can come back. But most of the ones that I've seen, they simply don't want people living there, not visiting, but people living there that are not on the leaves for a multitude of reasons. I'll give you an example. Our daughter is in a apartment with three roommates in Wyoming, and they can have guests for three days. That's it. After the three days, the guest has to leave. And if someone reported someone breaking that the landlord would get involved and make sure that person leaves. Go ahead, Dmitri.
Speaker 5: Hey, Karen, what does your daughter, who's involved with this winner have to say about this entire situation.
Speaker 1: She's probably halver heels.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, she says, blinded by love. Yeah, they're in a relationship.
Speaker 1: That there.
Speaker 3: You know, it's cool. He you know, he's he helps for make dinner and blah blah blah and all this. She just thinks that. In my other she said, my other daughter is just jealous because she has a boyfriend. It's just a bunch of you know, it's just yeah, there's.
Speaker 1: You know, have you met the guy. Let's let's dig into this part of it. Have you met the guy? You yourself?
Speaker 3: I did, Yeah, I did briefly meet him a pretty nice guy at first, you know what I mean, But it's just not cool what he's doing.
Speaker 1: And you're saying because he's not chipping in, is what you're saying is not cool?
Speaker 3: Well and then also they didn't They barely just got moved out. They didn't even have boxes put away, and he was already there.
Speaker 1: And I was just like, she sounds like he's quick.
Speaker 5: Is the problem is the problem that your other daughter, who's the bystander in this relationship? Is her problem? That the guy just spends too much time at this apartment?
Speaker 1: And if so, I'm living there?
Speaker 5: Well no, she Karen just said, he's living with his aunt in some basement.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well he that's where he normally live. That's where you know, that's pretty stay.
Speaker 1: Where he lived. How long has he been living here?
Speaker 3: Well, he goes home like one time a week, so he.
Speaker 1: Basically lives there, I mean, no matter how we look.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean she's spending every night there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just needs to get more aggressive on getting them out. But what I what I really do wonder though, is ultimately what might happen is the one daughter decides to move in with him if he can't live there with her.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think it's just horrible.
Speaker 1: I guess I really want to know this, Karen, And it really doesn't matter what anybody thinks. But I'm curious what you think. Is this kind of a moral dilemma for you? Is that why you're getting involved in it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, my one daughter, Devistanders, she just wants to know what her Wow, she can get him out, she can tell.
Speaker 1: Him to get the hell out. Quite frankly, I don't know why she couldn't tell him to get out.
Speaker 8: But she's did.
Speaker 3: And my other daughter's like, you have no say though, you can't say anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's all going to go to the lease. If she has a conversation with management, she should walk up to the leasing department or walk up to the the front or whatever's going on in that apartment wherever there's people, and say, hey, i've got a problem. This guy is not on the lease and he will not leave when I ask him to leave. Just get assertive if you really want to get rid of him, get assertive. That's what she's gonna do.
Speaker 3: That's what I told her to do, and so hopefully that's you know.
Speaker 1: What, Let's do this hold on, do me a favor. Hold on, Karen Kelly, let's get Brad O'Brien on. Let's just ask him in general how this works. We're not talking about a house. It could have some strange lease. I mean, let's think about this. So it's much more complicated than that. Well, I don't think it's complicated at all. I think it's a regular lease for an average apartment and you can't move in people that aren't on the lease.
Speaker 5: On the surface, of course, that's correct, But there is an even bigger issue, which is the family relationship between these two ladies that's in the apartment.
Speaker 1: That's not why she's calling, though. She's calling to see what her one daughter's rights are and getting this guy out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what you just said clear indirectly addresses that. But let's say the bystander daughter is successful in evicting this.
Speaker 1: Guy, and they can create a huge riff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and what's it going to be like to live with this woman who probably thank god?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So what is so, Karen?
Speaker 5: What is the I mean, whatever you do, it's gonna have pretty terrible consequences. What is the ideal resolution to this? Can your bystander daughter move out? On her own, and then this guy will assume her release.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna have the assumption.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if that guy's gonna even want to do that. And I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you think this guy's around, Karen? Do you think this guy's around for a while? Hold on, we're getting Brat O'Brien up right after this three oh three seven two five five, Dimitri, I agree with you, but I mean, what do you do about it? I mean, really, honest to god, if we got that in depth into every problem that came in, that's kind of crazy, don't you agree?
Speaker 5: I agree with that, But it seems like the easiest solution creates the least amount of long term friction is to have this guy replace the bystandards, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Either of the daughters could live on their own here. In other words, financially, let's ask Karen, Karen, we gotta break holl it kick.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 1: You don't pay a.
Speaker 4: Cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find Out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 4: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, let me tell you about Frank Duran, the real estate man. How I love the Frank got us more money for our house and got it quicker. He actually listed our house on a Friday. We had twenty thirty valid offers, some of them no contingencies. That Monday he did this thing called the Matterhorn Walkthrough, so it was basically a virtual walkthrough of our house. It was a really weird camera that spins around and this guy came in and they staged the house. Bottom line is, we had almost one hundred thousand people over the weekend walk through our house. We got more money for that house than I could have ever imagined, more than any models in the neighborhood. The same one right there in Castle Rock. If you want the best, forget about the rest. Frank Duran Owns dot com. That's Frank Duran Homes dot Com. Now I'm going to go to Brad O'Brien. Hey, Brad, I've got a couple questions for you. First of all, do you have a good weekend?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: How are you doing today, sir?
Speaker 10: Good fie?
Speaker 11: How about you?
Speaker 1: I had a good weekend?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: We really did let me ask you something. So I'm assuming I don't have a copy of the least. But it's an apartment complex. We're not talking like a private home or anything. It's in Colorado. There's two dolls. The mother is the one on the phone with is. Her name's Karen, and they moved in together, and they're both on the lease at this apartment, so I'm sure they're both financially responsible one hundred percent for it. One of the daughters has moved into her boyfriend. Now, listen, I understand you don't have the lease to look at. So what I'm asking and we're going to try to get the lease. But what I'm asking you to do is imagine it's a normal lease for an average apartment in Colorado. However that looks, I'm sure you've seen a ton of them. But she moved a boyfriend in and he's been there on and off for a period of time. In fact, Karen, how long has he been there? I realize he goes home once a week, but how long has he been basically camping out at dis place.
Speaker 10: Since?
Speaker 3: Pretty much about the beginning of November.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know whatever, four or five, six months whatever. So Brad, the one daughter is sick and tired of it, doesn't want the guy there, I said, most likely somewhere in that lease there's probably a provision saying you can have a guest for up to three days or whatever it is, or have family over, but you can't simply have someone else move in. And my suggestion was she goes to the landlord or goes to the property management and basically tells them straight up, this guy's there all the time. He's living there six seven days out of the week. I want him out. I mean, what is your opinion on this without seeing the lease?
Speaker 10: Well, first question is has this guy established a tendency there? And that's the question of fact. You know, does he fable, does he does he maintain a residence somewhere else? Is it just occasional enough that he has an established residency. If he's established residency, then he's entitled to do process, you know, as far as addiction goes, otherwise, you could next time he shows up, if he's not really a tenant there or has no tendency, you could just let him in.
Speaker 1: Well here's the problem. Yeah, but hold on, Brad. The one girl is dating them and wants them there. The one sister, the other sister doesn't want him there, and both sisters are equally on the lease.
Speaker 10: Are these are these two daughters adult? Eighteen and other or yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm sure how old are they?
Speaker 10: Care?
Speaker 1: And just roughly twenty as well?
Speaker 3: They're twenty four.
Speaker 1: Okay, and they're twins. I mean they're twins, Brad, which makes this crazy. So the one, just to clarify, the one daughter does not want a guy there, the guy date or the girl dating on the sister dating the guy does want him there.
Speaker 10: So so both daughters and the mother live there, and all of them are on the lease.
Speaker 1: No mother, just two daughters on the guy. They kind of moved in and the guy is not on the lease. The guy is not on the lease.
Speaker 10: Okay. Yeah, I was thinking for a second about whether if they if they both didn't want the guy there, then they could actually vict him as as sub landlords. And he's a subtenant. But because one of the tenants actually wants him there and giving him permission to be there, then not what the other tenant can do about it directly but indirectly, Yeah, go to the landlord. It's going to cause trouble with the landlord maybe evicting all of them.
Speaker 1: It's gonna cost, it's going to cause trouble with the two sisters and the whole family dynamic and everything else. But I mean, if they really want this guy out of here, So what you're saying is you would go to the landlord the management company and basically say, hey, I want this guy out. He's not on the lease and I am on the lease and I don't want him there, and they would have to do the eviction if he is basically a resident there. Now is he a resident? How do you define that, brad Well?
Speaker 10: No, the tendancy only really well, okay, between between the three people there on the landlord, only the two daughters are on the lease are tenants. Yeah, right, And so the landlord can can't evict the guy who's not on the lease. They can't evict any other two girls.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, you're saying and he would have to evict all three. Did you just say that?
Speaker 10: No, No, no, no, I'm not saying that. Honestly, the opposite. That landlord can actually evict the one person who's not on the lease.
Speaker 1: But it's still a normal eviction process. In other words, it's still going to take a month or whatever.
Speaker 10: Right now. The landlord might may be very unhappy about this situation of having into in her attorney fees, may try to charge it back to the two tenants who are on the lease. Yep, and maybey threw up his hands and vict all of them just because of not being happy with the situation.
Speaker 1: And they could and in the landlord most likely could probably do that because in the lease you're supposed to report someone else living there. In other words, they broke the lease.
Speaker 10: Yeah, most leases will say something like you can't have somebody who's not on the lease move in, so that would be a breach of the lease warranting addiction of everybody from the premises.
Speaker 1: Karen, do you have any questions for our attorney Brad O'Brien.
Speaker 3: No, I kind of thought's kind of all those things. I was thinking. I just kind of wanted to get well.
Speaker 12: My daughter that is not happy about the situation.
Speaker 3: She's tried to talk to her sister. They're already at odds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's she's in love.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and it's it's just irritating. And she's tried to, you know, say stuff, and she's like, well, she's a guest. He's a guest. But she's like, no, he's sleeping here every night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to see I did have I did find a copy of the leaf. She did send it to me in a PDF form.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's somewhere in that lease. I bet money on it, and I would like you to send it to us, and I can send it off to Brad. Brad, would you mind just looking at it or eyeballing it for a minute if we send it over.
Speaker 10: Even if it doesn't say you can't have guests longer than a certain you still can't. If a person's nose, they have the right and they can be convicted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is which is the way it should be. Quite frankly, I have a question for Brad.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, So, Brad, regarding this situation, the daughter that the bystander daughter, can she do a sub eviction and hand this boyfriend over a ten day notice herself without getting the landlord involved.
Speaker 10: Well, that's what I first thought about. What you have is a fifty fit in handoff because you.
Speaker 1: Have the other one wants her there, one give you.
Speaker 10: Permission and the other saying you don't have permission.
Speaker 1: And because they're equal on the lease. Basically, Brad, you're saying that you know ones that one can't outshine the other.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's an impasse, right, got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good question, though, Bo, that's a really good question. Yeah, all right, So Karen, Hey, Brad O'Brien. By the way, this guy's great. If you're a landlord out there and have not had your lease looked at, uh in a while, there's been so many rule changes in Colorado, please get that. Yeah. In fact, both can attest to it. He's got numerous rental properties that can become a mess. You don't want to get to the point where you can't actually get rid of a tenant because your lease isn't good. And then if you have a commercial property, Brad can look at it. But he works both sides. He can do everything. Tenant landlord, commercial residential seven two zero three seventy seventy three eighty eight landlords give him a call, Brad, I appreciate you coming on. Chances of us needing you again are probably pretty high. Three O three I'm sorry, bred O'Brien seven two zero three seventy seventy three eighty eight. Karen, just in closing, you know what's kind of sad about this is where Dimitri was going. This can kind of, you know, break up a family for a little bit. I wonder do you do you consider the one daughter and I'm just curious, do you consider him kind of naive when it comes to this new guy in her life. Did he just come in and sweep her off her feet? Is it her first boyfriend? I'm just curious why this why you're not happy and the sisters not happy because apparently you guys see something that she is not seeing in this guy.
Speaker 3: This is kind of something she does. She and she just broke up with a guy for over a decade, oh wow, since she was sixteen, and every about every six months she'd end up on our our front porch with a couple of black bags because he would kick her out.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And so she just.
Speaker 1: Kind of used to She's kind of used to getting abused I mean, really, that's what it sounds like. And I don't necessarily mean physically, but you know, yeah, what's this current guy, like, what's his situations? You have a job? What kind of job?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has a job. They both work, they actually work together. He seemed somewhat responsible.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 5: What's the drug and alcohol situation?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: In reference to this.
Speaker 3: Call, No, they don't, neither one of them do.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me tell you, she could be in a lot better shape than a lot of people out there. I mean, oh, yeah, you know, that's just kind of the way it is. But I don't like that first one. For a decade of kind of this abusiveness of get out, and she shows up with the bags, It's like she probably puts up with a little more than she should.
Speaker 8: Yeah, she does.
Speaker 3: And the other daughters, they finally they're you know, since their sisters, they've never really lived together and since she broke up with the guy.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, did they not grow up together under your house? Okay, come in without you, without you there to tell them what's going on? Yeah, Well the one, hey, Karen, is the other one assertive? If I was looking at both, is one way more assertive? The one that's not dating the guy.
Speaker 3: The one that's dating the guy is more of the bully.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting, Yeah, all right, well listen. If you have any more questions, feel free to call back or to reach out. You can always email us, you or anybody else at help at troubleshooter dot com. Yvonne, I'm dying to hear your comment on this, but I have to take this break. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off or taken advantage of Get on that phone now. I want something to sink my teeth.
Speaker 4: Intwo go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five waterpros dot net. I talked to Paul the Waterman this morning. He had a special last year in December that was twenty four ninety five for a whole house century to smart computer water softener. He's dropping that down to nineteen ninety five, another five hundred dollars discount. This thing's unbelievable. It's going to soften your water. It's better for your skin, it's better for your laundry, it's better for your pipes, and I mean all your pipes. Three oh three eight six' two fifty five fifty. Four get it while the getting's, hot or check him out at waterpros dot. Net paul The, waterman great. Guy he did our system probably a year and a half. AGO i absolutely love. It suzanne loves it waterpros dot. Net Now i'm anxious to get to this comment On karen. Situation, yvon what is your comment on The karen two daughters?
Speaker 13: Situation why don't the boyfriend and the girlfriend get, married either rent a place on their, own whether it be a room rent or an, apartment or buy a home together and then have the sister get a new.
Speaker 1: Roommate, well that'd be. Great the landlord would have to do. THAT i would assume right now that the second daughter that's dating this, guy if she moved, out that would put the entire rent burden on her. Sister but yet they're both responsible for. It the landlord will probably end up going after both of them if they can't afford the. Rent SO i mean that that would create a pretty big.
Speaker 13: Issue, Yvonne, well if they get if she gets a new roommate and she has a, commitment and then they just change the lease into the, Sister.
Speaker 1: AND i would, think AND i agree with, you if if the new roommate had good credit and, STUFF i would agree with you that that probably is possible to. Happen i'm not quite sure why they don't work towards, that but let's Ask karen real. QUICK i don't mind doing. That hold, On, So, karen what do you think Of yvonne's idea where maybe she gets a place with this guy and then you guys try to find another roommate for your other.
Speaker 3: Daughter, yeah she just met this, guy so getting married is kind of that's that's a little that's a little.
Speaker 1: Quick, yeah that's a little. Quick but maybe even just move in. Together maybe the getting married right now is a little, crazy but, YEAH i mean just moving in. Together if they want to live, together why, Not.
Speaker 3: That's WHAT I i, WELL i my other. DAUGHTER i don't know if she could find a roommate that.
Speaker 1: Quickly, yeah it is, Hard there's no doubt about. It how much is the? Rent and Then i'm GONNA i got to drop this? Call but how much is? It i'm?
Speaker 3: Curious it's about fifteen.
Speaker 1: Hundred, yeah, okay that's actually you mean per person or, both per?
Speaker 10: Both?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay that's, cheap isn't?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 1: Super that's dirt. Cheap all? Right, Hey, KAREN i do appreciate the. Call we are going to forward that lease over To brad. O'Brien he's going to eyeball. It i'm not sure if there's anything to really follow up, on but if there's something in that lease that is pertinent to the entire conversation we've, had we'd like To we'll have someone reach back out to. You three oh three seven one three eight five. Five we're gonna have lines. OPEN i would love to hear from, you a bad contractor bad, landlord any problem you. Have maybe something's brewing and we can help you before there is a. Problem three zero Three, martino three oh Three. MARTINO i want to talk to Uh Joe keano my, Money myway Dot. Com, joe we talk all the time about your. Product i'm Gonna i'm gonna put. It in, FACT i want You. Dmitri you're good at kind of picking things. Apart so you you literally get a fifteen percent bonus on this annuity That joe. Sells, okay and you you actually sell different ones depending on what's going. ON i, mean he's gonna find the right. One but for someone my, age the one that makes sense to, me you get a fifteen percent. Bonus let's take easy. Numbers million dollars right, now you have one, million one hundred and fifty thousand to work for that, money right. There, yeah from day, One, joe that. Money think of, this, Man i'm fifty. Three let's Say i'm gonna retired. Seventy so you got one, million one hundred and fifty. Thousand even though you only bought the annuity for a. Million you can borrow from. It so IF i needed in this scenario one hundred thousand, DOLLARS i could borrow one hundred thousand from. It this, year one hundred thousand from it next. Year you can borrow up to ten, Percent so you can borrow from it if that cash is need ten percent of what well value the value.
Speaker 14: Value, okay but you don't have to borrow, it, Mark, yeah you can just withdraw.
Speaker 1: It, yeah you can take it, out they, can but you can put it back in if you.
Speaker 9: Want if you want, to, yes but you don't have.
Speaker 1: To, yeah but if it was inside of a retirement, fund you'd probably want to take it back before you're, retired right. Exactly, yeah But i'm saying you do have access almost like a four oh ONE, k you can borrow from.
Speaker 14: It, yeah but the thing is a four oh ONE k has an interest rate that you got to pay on the.
Speaker 9: Loan this is not a. Loan, YEAH i guess it a.
Speaker 1: Withdrawal but you can put it. Back you can put it, back and you can do that with how.
Speaker 14: Penalty it's better than borrowing the money from a four a one.
Speaker 1: Game where you pay the. Entrance so so let's say that thing sits for seventeen, years, okay And i'm using numbers that they ran on, Me so that sits for seventeen, years AND i decide, Okay i'm going to retire and start taking the. INCOME i will get a check every month till the DAY i, die no matter. What and that check is going to be upwards of about fourteen thousand a month IF i ever Need, so what is that a? Year that's like one hundred and sixty a. Year Hundred, Yeah so in, FACT i think mine was actually more like one hundred and seventy something a. Year that's, Right but the numbers are what the numbers. Are SO i get one hundred and seventy thousand dollars a. Year then IF i fall, ill IF i can't feed, myself IF i need long term, care that literally doubles till the DAY i. Die so that would go up to three hundred and sixty three hundred and seventy thousand dollars a year of. INCOME i could go to an old folks. HOME i could go to a memory care facility like a nice. ONE i could invite people into my house to take care of. ME i Mean i'm dealing, with you, know over a quarter of a million dollars a month for that.
Speaker 5: Investment, Okay so from the time that you purchase this investment, product, yep until you start withdrawing what approximate one hundred and seventy thousand per?
Speaker 1: Year, yes how much time has elapsed in your particular seventeen years in just the CASE i Use i'm fifty. Three i'm SAYING i retired at. Seventy that's seventeen years and, then but you can sit there and grow for as long as you. Want it does nothing but get bigger and. BIGGER i could take. IT i could take it at eighty eight IF i, Wanted or you can take.
Speaker 9: IT i get THIS a hold, On.
Speaker 1: Wind up your, questions let, me let me take this. Break we'll come. Back i'm curious what you have For joe three zero three seven one three eight two five Five.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison call this insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two all, right three oh three seven one THREE a two five. Five you've been ripped off for taking advantage Of we'd love to hear from. You three zero Three, martino three oh Three. Martino you can always email us at help at troubleshooter dot. Com we'll get a deputy on. It if we've recouped over three hundred million. Dollars, NOW i want to go back To. DMITRI i was asking you to ask the hard. QUESTIONS uh To.
Speaker 1: Joe the bottom line, is in my, scenario in, FACT i might have underdone it the MORE i think about it seventeen, years BECAUSE i think when we originally did, It, joe mine was me retiring at sixty. Five but, regardless the numbers are the. NUMBERS a million dollars now you get the benefit of one, million one hundred and fifty that grows from day. One when the stock market goes, up you. Participate if it goes up, massively you're going to go up. Massively then if the stock market goes, down it ratchets in and you cannot ever drop. Down so if everything's great in the stock market for twenty, years you're going to do even better if things are, Bad you're not going to lose a freaking. Dime best of all, worlds, Basically so what are your questions on? It?
Speaker 5: Seriously, so And, JOE i know you're running an example for me with my age and the potential amount THAT i would.
Speaker 1: Invest but let's get back To mark's example. Here, Okay so.
Speaker 5: After seventeen, years he begins to get an income of one hundred and seventy and then my two questions regarding that are is that for tax, purposes is that treated as ordinary?
Speaker 14: Income it depends on where the money came From. Dmitri if the money came from a four oh ONE k that he had in the, past then when pulls out the, money the money would be taxed just like.
Speaker 1: A four to one CA's like a four oh ONE k or AN.
Speaker 14: Ira if the money came from a non qualified account like an investment account or a savings account or a.
Speaker 1: House ordinary, income ordinary income and ordinary, income there's one Mora i'll throw on. That if it came from a wrath which you've already paid taxes on the money stuck's, free then you when you take that money, out you pay zero zip. Zilt you've already been hit with the.
Speaker 5: Burden and then you mentioned that Should mark have to move into a retirement home or get some kind of assisted living, arrangements the payments will automatically.
Speaker 9: Double there are guaranteed to.
Speaker 5: Double what are the what are the so, yeah, exactly that's the exactly WHERE i was. Going what documentation Would mark have to provide so that that's question so that the payer understands or can at least be convinced That mark isn't just trying to double.
Speaker 14: Him, yeah you have to have your personal doctor that you have problems with two out of the six activities of what are the six? Like for, example bathing on your, own dressing on your, own walking on your, own transferring from one chair to the, next cooking on your. Own basically sound.
Speaker 5: Extremely easy to document.
Speaker 14: A couple Of so this is the definition of long term, care meaning you have to have someone or you have to have memory you, know lapses or if.
Speaker 1: You mentioned, already give you an example of the big one we. Had in, fact it was her grandmother Got parkinson's and literally she got to the, Point now she lived with one of her, kids but she got to the point AND i watched. It she would shake so bad she literally couldn't eat. Herself it was like, this she couldn't hold a. Utensil SO i assume with The parkinson's of, course that would be. One and then she needed help, Bathing so if she had that, product it would have. Doubled then instead instead of, you your Aunt, susanne and your uncle help who was the, son it was your your, uncle, Yeah. Danny so instead Of danny taking care of the grandmother or his mother for my, god how many years in that? House ten, several ten plus, years they could have brought in outside. People AND i hate to say, this BUT i, mean it is a. Burden no matter how you look on, it it's a. Burden people can, say, oh you should never say, that but if you've ever had to take care of a loved one or parents going into, uh, well you, guys get a. Look we've got a lot going. On any questions you have three zero three, seven, one three eight two five. Five we have open lines three oho Three, martino Help it troubleshooter Dot. Com we're gonna take a quick. Break we're going to be back right after. This go with a sure.
Speaker 4: Thing denver's Best Rufer Excel roofing Dot you don't pay a cent until you're. Content wave time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 2: Two lead advice so you don't have them run anxious as fast as we.
Speaker 15: Can shooter's gonna help coming, Man this is The Troubleshooter.
Speaker 1: Show No Tom, Martine, Welcome, welcome my friends to the only show of its. Cab we're here to solve, problems answer your, questions take. Complaints we are here to make your life a little bit. Better let's put it like. This you've been ripped, off maybe a bad contract or a bad, landlord. Anything man landscapers are going to be the ones coming up usually this time of year to meet. You you haven't been with, us Bo were you here last year during? SPRING i don't think. SO i don't REMEMBER i, Know i've been here about a, year so, yeah about this, time so you kind of went through. It the landscaper ripoffs are absolutely. Huge they. Are they're. Unbelievable landscapers in general never give them money up. Front why you simply can't have some of the work done and pay as you. GO i will never understand why landscapers don't do. That, now if they got a order material for like a retaining, wall something along, those, fine make sure the products, delivered pay for it on a credit. Card and worse, scenario if this landscaper flakes, out you got the material there that you paid. For other than, THAT i wouldn't do. It we have arguments with people literally on our referral list to take money up. Front it drives me, crazy but you know, what they're honest. PEOPLE i can at least say that they're not going to rip you. Off BUT i still don't understand unless if it's something special and, ordered or if they can't deliver. IT i just don't understand why you would pay. Upfront but it's almost in our society now become pretty much the way it. GOES i, mean can you guys think OF i guess most like PLUMBING. HVAC i don't think anybody charges upfront for that stuff THAT i. Know IF i know Plumb line fix it, all he never. Did we never charged upfront ever for, anything.
Speaker 6: Because if you're a decent, business you should have the financial capital to buy the materials and have them in.
Speaker 11: STOCK i don't.
Speaker 1: Know of ANY hvac companies that charge up. FRONT i. DON'T i can't think of any honor prospect if.
Speaker 6: You have to pay, upfront because if they don't have the money to have the, equipment then you know they're just working their.
Speaker 11: Business what you, say bo that is.
Speaker 1: A company or an industry does charge up front that you don't have a problem. WITH i would, SAY i don't like to pay upfront on.
Speaker 6: Anything now the, LANDSCAPERS i would, say anything like.
Speaker 1: A, reservation a custom, order, yeah a custom order for, sure sus. Order, well in, fact we just went through that With. Gravina our, door our sliding door we bought is not a normal door by any. Means it's a little off as far as the. Height it's not. Standard so the manufacturer had to make. It so we PAID i think one thousand dollars out of five. Thousand then we paid the other four thousand when it was delivered and. Installed but how about a? Reservation what do you guys think they're like an airline. TICKET i think you have to it's a airtime on a. Radio these are things that can never be made. UP i, mean the chances are reselling a seat the day before you get on it are not that. Good, yeah you.
Speaker 6: Should be able to pay up front for a reservation because if you back, out they can't sell that reservation to somebody.
Speaker 1: Else you, KNOW i sued a big steakhouse, here Probably dimitri. Used so we're kind of like brothers from another mother when it comes to small claims and taking people to. Court so tell me what you think about. This we had A christmas? Party how many people susan twenty thirty twenty twenty, People and we were all going to be sitting at the same table in the middle of this, restaurant fancy. Restaurant and we get there and we're all sitting there and sitting, there and four, o'clock five, o'clock six, o'clock they all keep going and the party that's going on at that, table and the introm is not. Leaving in, fact after us waiting an hour and a. Half they just started ordering, dessert which, was what's that? One baked Baked? Alaska Baked. Alaska so now we're talking. Showcase now we're talking they're going to be parading around and waiting, forever starting it on. Fire SO i get so. MAD i go over to the general manager of this place AND i, go we made this reservation three and a half months, ago and what's going? On he, goes, Oh i'm so. Sorry who would have ever? THOUGHT i was, like who would have ever thought they'd be here at A christmas party this? Long everybody in the world would think. That so you're just you're incompetent at doing your. Job AND i started getting into a pretty good argument with, him wouldn't you, Say suzanne?
Speaker 2: Slightly, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah So martino's, There i'm. There we've got about eighteen associates and employees, there and at this point he, goes, well we can sit some of you here and some of you, here and some of you. Here oh, Embarrassing so now we're talking we're going to be split up from everybody we're taking out to. Dinner and then that's When suzanne whispered in my ear very, nicely we should probably leave and that's probably when she saw this steam coming out of my. Head so we basically, Left and that was probably a very good idea because at that point THE gm and myself were butting heads very loudly in the middle of a very nice.
Speaker 5: Restaurant not only, that but can you imagine all the vogies that are gonna get hawked into your dinners if you did get seated in order the.
Speaker 1: Food, well here's what. Happened her AND i left and everybody else, stayed and they were. Indifferent we weren't going to tell everybody to go. Home that's. Crazy we invited them, out and you know, what they worked their asses off all year and they deserved a nice dinner to do, whatever and they were. Doing the restaurant at this point is the. Issue but everybody still wanted to. Eat my, god we were sitting there two. Hours so we leave because at this POINT i simply already KNEW i had to remove myself from the. Situation SO i tracked down the. Owner they had PROBABLY i don't, know ten and twelve of these restaurants, around maybe not that, many but over, five and it's a place out Of, texas AND i ACTUALLY i didn't get in touch with the. OWNER i went out and soon to them for seventy five dollars because basically that was the bill and that is not what was presented to. Me so the legal argument comes down to, this is a? Reservation is a reservation without a deposit a promise from the? Restaurant it's very. Curious so there's two parts binding? Contract well, no is?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? Fine is it a Binding as a legal, argument you're? Right is it a binding? CONTRACT i could argue either. Way tom always argues it's not because there's no consideration, exactly AND i, argue the consideration is me showing up.
Speaker 9: Literally the consideration That.
Speaker 1: I'm showing up to spend money is the. Consideration, no, WELL i don't care what you. Say i'm arguing the other side to. That, okay let's say you rented a. Room let's say it was a. Hotel, Yeah Joe, ciano you rent hotel rooms a lot or what do you call, them ballrooms? Whatever when you put on, seminars that's. Right so when you rent, those you put down a deposit and what or yes or? NO i don't know if you do or. Not you, KNOW i Don't so what would. Happen if you showed up and fifty people that signed up showed up and there was no place for anybody to, go would you think they breached an agreement a.
Speaker 14: Contract well that's a good, Question, mark you, know Like i'm with the met in a, way you have to have CONSIDERED i should have put it the.
Speaker 9: BOSS i, mean that's what. Point but what is?
Speaker 1: They so you're saying consideration is only. MONETARY i can't. PLEDGE i can't pledge a promise to come and spend. Money, no it's like a metallic of pledges to show up and actually play at a. Venue so it's not just paying.
Speaker 5: Money could be anything of, Value so you can, say, Look i'll come over sweep sweep your parking.
Speaker 1: Lot so you're saying there is no value in someone showing up spend, money that's. CORRECT i. DISAGREE i so. Disagree i'm going to look it up to the show. Here well we, have and there's there's arguments either. Way there's really no precedent. Though that's the. Issue, Hey, mark we'll see what you can. Find go, Ahead, KELLY i have.
Speaker 11: A question for.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 16: Sure so when my kids went through, Orthodonics, yeah we got charged if we had to cancel an, appointment.
Speaker 1: Sure and you know our our dentis literally does that right, now even for a routine. Cleaning if you cancel within twenty four, hours they charge you. Whatever.
Speaker 16: Yep and so in one situations.
Speaker 1: That work, There, dmitri that's a hell of a good.
Speaker 5: Question, WELL i have a hell of a good answer for. It so there is none of these health services that you are about to receive that didn't include you signing certain.
Speaker 1: PAPERWORK i don't THINK i. Did and well that's that would be pretty. UNUSUAL i, mean my dentist Isn't, elizabeth so we do things a little different out, there out of the real. World the, Paperwork, OKAY i. DON'T i don't, remember, Seriously, dmitri signing paperwork with my, dentist.
Speaker 16: Except for filling out the normal forms your health self.
Speaker 1: Health blood. PRESSURE i.
Speaker 10: Did, yeah you go to the same, dentis you sign and if you, cancel you agree to AN x.
Speaker 14: Amount you, say if we really sign, that ABSOLUTELY i remember.
Speaker 17: IT i.
Speaker 11: Don't you're very.
Speaker 5: Clear let's get all these deathists on the phone kill hold.
Speaker 1: On so let me continue down this. Road, though whether or not it's a contract is. Won SO i assume them small, claims breach of, contracts seventy five hundred. Dollars, OKAY i serve, them and they had basically an, office you, know they paid a company to accept. Service about two days, Later i'm sitting at home and it was on A saturday, night AND i get a call because it's all my, contact and it's the. Owner his last name Is, perry so, yeah that's the. One so basically he, goes, hey this is so and, so AND i, said, YEAH i, said you guys really screwed us on this. Deal so you know what he. Did he, goes, listen here's What i'd like to. Do let's settle this right. Now i'm going to give YOU x amount of gift. Cards you can use it to restaurant all at, once And i'll make sure whatever size party you have is, fine or you can use them for the next five. Years you just going. In whatever you want to, do you can do.
Speaker 5: That that explains The christmas GIFT i got from you from From Perry's. Steakhouse believe, Me i'm extremely grateful for, it but it means a lot more now THAT i know the backstory that.
Speaker 1: Was that was that was five years, Ago So tom AND i split them and we each had about five thousand dollars in gift cards to use. It perry's over x amount of, time you, know a shout out to handle A here's what he. Said here's exactly what he told. Me he, goes we have a, playbook AND i, said what does that? Mean he, goes OUR gm has a. Playbook every one of my restaurants has a. Playbook what should have been? Done and it's literally in our. Playbook he should have went around to some of these other tables where they could have moved people and put you all, together and he would entice them with free, appetizers free, dessert even a free hundred dollars bottle of. Wine whatever we needed to do to create space for you guys should have been. Done And i'm telling you right, now none of that was done Because i've already talked to him and he decided not to go by the.
Speaker 5: Playbook, yeah that sounds like an employee made a terrible, mistake but the company has a very classy process in place that should have been put into. Effect and then the way the owner Of perry's handled this, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Hugely Crack Chris perry cares about his. Business he did an unbelievable, job coming through like a total ten out of ten mark a absolute out of. Ten all, right three ozho three seven one three eight two five. Five everybody hold. Tight anybody can just take a.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 4: Pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in comparison All compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to.
Speaker 18: One.
Speaker 4: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, right three oh three seven one three eight two five. Five we've got some lines. OPEN i was going down memory laying, there but, okay so real. Quick you saw how that finished. Up, Uh Perry steakhouse came through big. Time and, no those weren't your gift cards. People that was that was what year was At, suzanna like twenty. Nineteen it was PRE covid, yeah. Right so basically we went Through tom AND i and us went through those gift cards and PROBABLY i don't, know a year or. Two so the ones that you got are because we love that restaurant so. Much literally we bought. Those we don't trade out with any restaurants or anything like. That look at how this paid off for.
Speaker 5: Them they gained they took this disaster and they gained a whole bunch of lifetime.
Speaker 1: Customers oh my. God not only, that they've. Gained everybody that we send down there when we give out gift cards usually ends up going. BACK i THINK i sent you. Down i'm not SAYING i gave you a gift. CARD i THINK i told you a toddy about that.
Speaker 9: Place we love.
Speaker 14: It it's absolutely, great and my wife AND i go there probably twice a.
Speaker 9: MONTH i love.
Speaker 1: It that's by the, Way Joe keano My, Money myway Dot. Com any questions you have on the, retirement please give us a. Call, Hey, jeff what's going on with auto? Insurance?
Speaker 12: Mark are?
Speaker 1: You i'm good? Man how are?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 12: Good? Back In, JANUARY i was involved in an accident WHERE i was side swiped on a snowy ROAD a long story, short it was the other guy's. Fault he was sided with careless. OPERATION i had about forty three damage dollars worth of damage to my. Truck and his, insurance of, course is a good old shread. Lawyer oh. God, UH i went got my instimates and, stuff and his insurance has basically ghosted me since day. One it's, been you, know going on what four or five months?
Speaker 1: Now, yeah do you have do you have full coverage or do you have a comp and collision on? Yours?
Speaker 3: NO i do?
Speaker 1: Not you do? Not that SUCKS i HAVE.
Speaker 12: I have uninsured.
Speaker 1: Motorists but That, yeah that's smart. Though, hey that's really. Smart in, fact most people that don't have comp and collision don't have. That that's extremely. Smart. Jeff let me ask you this. Though they're when you say they're not contacting, you are they saying that their driver or their client is not contacting them or they just totally uh got rid of.
Speaker 12: It they they gave me a claim. Number they called probably a week and a half after the, accident gave me a claim. NUMBER uh left me some. VOICEMAILS i called them back and it takes two three. Days we played phone tag for almost a.
Speaker 1: Month how much is it? Really you said forty five hundred dollars in. Estimates here's the problem with. THAT a lot of times when people start digging, in there's other, issues so that forty five could easily be ten. THOUSAND i, mean are you pretty confident it's only forty five, Hundred, yeah all, right THEN i would simply sue that individual in small claims court for seventy five hundred. Dollars that will get him to reach out to the insurance company very quickly.
Speaker 5: And mark curtently If i'm, Wrong but they'll take this extremely. Seriously, oh the insurance company will actually come back to life instantly in a. Moment this guy served with a.
Speaker 1: Lawsuit the only time an insurance company and this happens With Fred, Loyer, Well Fred loya just sucks in my. Opinion but all insurance, companies if they're not hearing from their, insured that creates a whole different. Issue it's not like they're just going to pay you based upon you calling up saying this guy hits. You so when people do not, communicate they reach out to their, client their client doesn't call, back that's like a valid reason for them not to do. It but when you serve, them and it's only going to cost you a fifty five bucks you serve. Them the first thing he's going to do is call Up Fred lawyer and, Say, hey what t hell's going? On i'm now getting personally sued for. This then they're going to reach out to you and basically make it. Right, mark here's my.
Speaker 12: Dilemma the guy that hits me doesn't own the. Car he borrowed it from a. Friend, yeah this is a case where you've got four or Five hispanics living in a house In, denver.
Speaker 1: But there is. Insurance who owns? It you know where the owner of the vehicle. Is, yeah that's who you want to.
Speaker 5: Serve, Wait, mark don't you want to sue both of these?
Speaker 1: Guys BUT i would serve the owner of the vehicle because they're going to call Up Fred. Loyer that's going to be where that. Call if you sue the driver who doesn't have, insurance oh there's.
Speaker 5: Nothing that's going to right, okay because he doesn't have a relationship with the insurance. Company but doing both the driver and the, owner with the owner being the most important, part that just drags more potential people to pay the.
Speaker 1: Bills you could, definitely there's no doubt you could definitely do. That in, fact you could do it for the same amount fifty five bucks and have both plaintons on. There but that means you're gonna have to serve them both or break it up and spend Double oh, yeah but.
Speaker 12: Service not these guys from just ignoring everything and they don't Speak.
Speaker 1: English, yeah but the, lawsuit the lawsuit will do. That, listen especially what's going on right. Now some guy walks up and serves, you and you're, HERE i don't know if the guy's here illegally or, not and he serves you with court. PAPERWORK i have a feeling you're gonna start looking, around going Is ice? Here what's gonna? HAPPEN i think you're gonna light a fire under their.
Speaker 12: ASS i think they're gonna jump ship and.
Speaker 1: Disappear, well it doesn't. Matter they're not doing anything, Now. Jeff so then mark an interesting. QUESTION i want to say this wholed. On it has really no relevance if they're here legal or not, illegal or where they come from or where they're. Going they bought. Insurance the reason people pay for insurance is one you're supposed to do it so they're at least doing the right thing, there but they buy it in a case like, this so they don't have to come out of pocket For god's, sake well reasoning what they have not to do it as long as you put the fire under. THEM i have a feeling It's Fred laya playing games with, you not these. Guys, Absolutely, Mark, yes But, Jeff, jeff that's my whole. Point if you serve, them they're going to get on the side of you to go To Fred. Layer and here's. Why, Now Fred loya probably thinks these guys are never going to sue, them but they actually have a contract With Fred. Layer you could actually if they If Fred laya does nothing and you go through with your, lawsuit they have a claim Against Fred. Layer that's.
Speaker 12: INCREDIBLE i don't think they have any money either.
Speaker 14: Way, joe go, Ahead, yeah you, Know, MARK i THINK i think he can go to the state insurance department and file a. Complaint, yeah and you know what the insurance companies.
Speaker 1: Fear what did they, Say.
Speaker 12: Jeff THAT i filed the complaint With. Dora, yes they Contacted Fred. Layer Fred layer sent me a letter saying or denying the. Claim, first the most stupid. Reason well, no wait.
Speaker 1: A, second, chef my, god and my, god you could have you could have led with. That hold, on, Now i'm dying to hear why.
Speaker 5: It was he got to the need of the, Problem.
Speaker 1: Jeff hold, On i'm dying to know why they declined. It but that wasn't the entire premise three oh Three, martino hold.
Speaker 13: On.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three o three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty. Two try three oh three seven one three eight two five.
Speaker 1: Five i'm dying to go back To jeff. HERE i do want to tell you this. Though this hour my friend's brought to you By Compass. Insurance in, FACT i Wish jeff Called compass up because he wouldn't be dealing With Fred. Loyer compass will actually go out and get bids from about thirty different, companies whether it's car insurance or homeowners or an umbrella policy or even a business. Policy they're going to go to every company and find the best rate in the best coverage for you and your. Family they do it For susanne AND i every single. Year sometimes we'll have the same company for two or three, years then all of a sudden we've got a better deal through another, company or situations. Change you get young, drivers young, drivers sixteen year, olds you're going to see what. Happens compass shop around for. You they're great. People check them. Out Compass insurance dot. Com Now. Jeff jeff called up and, said, Hey i've got an. Issue Fred loya will not contact. ME i got into an accident Last. January some guy came and sideswiped, me AND i got like a claim number from Fred loya at to the, beginning but then they kind of went. Dark they wouldn't reach. OUT i Contacted. Dora dora reached out and that was a great thing to, Say, Joe and That's Joseph, caano because you're. Right if you sell insurance in this state and you have a problem and you Call, dora they will light a fire under that company's. Ass extremely. Absolutely they don't play games at, all so thank god for. Them so but here's the bottom. Line so then all of a sudden you get a letter From Fred loya, saying, hey we denied the. Claim now please tell us all why did they deny? It are they saying it was fifty to fifty half your?
Speaker 12: Fault, no they're they're saying that the driver claimed that he was in the right AND i was in the, wrong which is completely. False but there were two reasons they denied. It the first one is there was no policeman on.
Speaker 1: Site, WELL i thought you said someone got a. Ticket, yeah so how the hell they get a?
Speaker 12: TICKET i CONTACTED Csp they hammeled everything over the. Phone they said it would take more than two hours to get my. Allocation uh so they preferred to do over the. Phone SO i sent my. Information no.
Speaker 1: Where were? You i'm dying to. Know, now where were?
Speaker 12: You up in the foothills in the Unincorporated Larmer, County.
Speaker 1: Okay so, basically but you said he got a, citation did they literally give him a? Ticket after the.
Speaker 12: Fact yeah that the police report shows that he was cited for careless.
Speaker 1: Operation, okay and explain the accident to. US i want to. KNOW i know you said side, swipe but kind of give us paint a.
Speaker 12: PICTURE i was up in the foothills in a residential. Area we'd just gotten about eating to the snow. OVERNIGHT i was on my way back from my daughter's house AND i was only like one hundred yards from my, driveway AND i came over the rides a little, bit and as soon AS i cleared the, rise this guy was coming at me head. ON i swerved off the, road through the ditch and up against a neighbor's, fence and then he hit me in the rear driver quarter ripped the front end of his car all to.
Speaker 1: Piece here's WHAT i. Do, Listen, JEFF i get, it AND i think it probably was his, fault at least based on your. Description WHAT i would do is go right back to WHAT i was. SAYING i would literally sue the owner of that, Car and As dmitri, Said i'd go ahead and throw on the, driver ALTHOUGH i might do him. Separately So i'm not sitting around waiting to serve two different people listener in the same, household And i'd go serve. Them you're going to have your argument in front of a, magistrate or in front of a, judge or in front of a. Mediator Fred loyer is going to have to step up to the plate and hire some kind of counsel in order to defend their. Client they're going to have to do. It but you're gonna have to get in front of a judge and prove to someone that you think it was their, Fault Mark.
Speaker 5: Jeff jeff said that there were two reasons he denied. It so what was the second, Reason, joe good, catch thank.
Speaker 12: You, well the first ONE i said was they claimed the police didn't show. Up second one said there was too much evitentence against their. Driver they thought it was. Rigged what does that?
Speaker 1: Mean too much?
Speaker 12: Evidence like, What, Well i'm guessing that the driver the other vehicle didn't fill out a police.
Speaker 1: Report, yeah, Guess, kelly Get. Brian see If Brian burns can come.
Speaker 12: ON i have pictures and video of the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing so you've got so much evidence it's. Crazy you can go into a court room and present the. Evidence oh, well, Then, jeff Why i'm not saying you are, Hesitant but why do you seem to be hesitant about just suing? Them apparently you listen to this show all the. Time why wouldn't you just go to small claims court because it's under the seventy five hundred dollars threshold and take this guy to, task.
Speaker 12: Primarily BECAUSE i don't think the guy's got the money to.
Speaker 1: Pay either, way it doesn't. Matter the insurance company is gonna have to do one of two. Things one give you the forty five hundred bucks or whatever the estimate's. For or two figure out outside, council show up the court and risk losing. THERE i think they're gonna cut him a. Check if you have all this video evidence that you've shared with, them what are they gonna? Do show up to the judge and, go, well your, honor it's evident with all this, evidence the whole thing's. CONCOCTED i mean, that that's the craziest THING i ever.
Speaker 12: Heard, yeah, well here's what they're telling. Me they preferred me to their claims, manager AND i contacted him and, Said i've got all this.
Speaker 1: Evidence, look, Man, JEFF i swear To, god you have no. Duty i'm putting you on. HOLD i feel Like i'm talking in tongues now and only like eight people understand What i'm. Saying you have no you have no reason to deal With Fred loyer. Anymore they don't know you the, money you don't have a contract with. Them you need to go after these other. PEOPLE i would go after the owner of the. Car, first he allowed someone to drive, it and unless he's going to all of a sudden say it's, stolen BUT i think you have already heard that by. Now so he agreed to let someone use. It they have coverage on that. Car that person he allowed to use his vehicle ran into. You you have evidence coming out To, Kazoo my, god get into. Court it's fifty. Dollars you're going to go down To adams or what do you, Say jeff go think he?
Speaker 5: Said or where It's Clarimber county And mark In the one place where you AND i have a divergence of, opinion IS i believe it's necessary to sue both of Them Simon. DANGER i don't think because if he if he sues one can't find, one then well the second the defendant he did find is still roped into this. Lawsuit, Right BUT i think that if he, sues one loses sues the second that's the second bite of the.
Speaker 1: Apple that's WHAT i want to. Ask that's WHAT i want to Ask. Brian Get brian. ON i want to ask him that because to, me it's going to be the owner of the. Vehicle if you come over to my house for a dinner party and you bring a, date AND i know that's a, leap but Let's i'm kidding. Me so you bring a date and you come in the house and your date slips and falls and does something to hurt.
Speaker 5: Herself, Okay, no, no she should somehow harm your house because in your, example you would hold me responsible for her.
Speaker 1: Misbehavior, no that's not What i'm. Saying i'm SAYING i don't see any reason. WHY i don't see any reason why you would go after the. DRIVER i think you would go after the owner of the. Car that's All i'm.
Speaker 5: So the reason is that it's the driver of the vehicle who committed the tort Against.
Speaker 1: Jeff LET'S i want to see What brian. Says he's available in five five. Minutes all, right, everybody hold, tight.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure. Thing denver's best roofer excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check up free no. Obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, right three oh three seven one THREE a two five. Five we're gonna Get Brian burns. On So jeff hold tight. THERE i want to go back To joe before the end of the. Break Joe keano My Money myway Dot com to, Me, tue you were asking them a lot of, questions BUT i love this. Product i'm not saying you go out and you liquefy YOUR ira or four oh ONE k and dive into, this But i'll tell you. This i'll tell you a number that'll blow you. AWAY i gave that example of, myself AND i would have one hundred and eighty thousand a, year and then IF i got, sick it would double listen to this twenty two year old twenty. Two i've got a kid that's twenty. Two adeline actually just turned twenty. Three if she bought a ten thousand dollars annuity right, now, okay right, now when she turns what was, it sixty, eight sixty, five when she turns sixty, five you know much money she has if she doesn't add one nickel to, it one nickel under this, product because remember she gets to fifteen percent. Bonus she actually takes advantage of when the stock market's up or THE. Snp when the SNP's, up she's, up but it ratchets, in never drops. Down just just totally get me a, Guest.
Speaker 5: Dmitri, Okay so the future present value of this annuity when she's sixty, five forty three years from now would probably be about a million and a.
Speaker 1: Half but the question is that's. Much that's a damn good guess it's. Over it's like one point two million. Dollars can you imagine if that that's my. Daughter imagine if that was my, grandkid and my grandkid before it's even. BORN i don't know technically how you do, that but basically you do. That you're long gone six feet under and they find out someday when they go to retire they have this this nest egg that grandpa or mom and dad set up for him a million years, ago worth over a million. Dollars it's.
Speaker 5: Crazy, however she's not expected to withdraw that money at that, point, right she can start taking a monthly. Payment and how much would that Be we have to run the.
Speaker 9: Numbers, country but it would be a pretty fessible.
Speaker 5: Amount, well it probably would be a little bit more than the fourteen thousand dollars that Mark mark's. Example, Right so let's say sixteen seventeen thousand dollars forty three.
Speaker 1: Years, so, yeah we don't know the value of that is where you're.
Speaker 5: Going, well we we don't know the value of the monthly.
Speaker 9: Payment, no, NO i know we. Do we don't.
Speaker 1: Know, okay we don't know what a million dollars can be can buy in forty three? Years?
Speaker 9: Oh with? Inflation?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 1: Inflation but hold, on hold. On this made me think of something we don't know that you can actually for a few more. Dollars in, fact on a ten thousand dollars annuity be almost.
Speaker 9: Nothing almost.
Speaker 1: Nothing you could literally buy an inflation rider that would ride with. Inflation, yeah well you have to think how crazy that.
Speaker 14: WAS i, mean that's. BEAUTIFUL i mean that's That Deputy duck actually.
Speaker 1: Has, Yeah Deputy docks got that exact. Thing i'm, SORRY i keep cutting you.
Speaker 14: Out, no, no but you know, something you, Know dmitre gave me some numbers to. Run, yeah what'd you? Find he's fifty five years, old got it right? Now and he wants to invest half a million dollars into this wonderful.
Speaker 9: Annuity, okay day Won.
Speaker 14: Dmitry day, one your account is worth five hundred and seventy five thousand dollars and it starts to grow to the fifteen percent. Bonus you don't. Have you don't have to, wait, JOH i.
Speaker 5: Understand but it's not LIKE i can just get a check for that amount from you on day, too, Right, no.
Speaker 1: But on, date on date. Whatever you don't that?
Speaker 5: WOULD i, mean we continue to grow and compound along with my initial and that's the whole.
Speaker 1: Idea that's a great. Question when does it in ten? Years he owns, that, right that is.
Speaker 14: Right so you got to remember that this is a retirement. Vehicle it's not a saving Circl so you, know if you look at the.
Speaker 1: No But, JOE i want to. CLARIFY i want to clarify what you're. Saying but in ten, years if he did want to cash out of that, thing, right that's his, money then.
Speaker 9: You have over a million. Dollars i'm looking at them million years is BECAUSE.
Speaker 1: I, say when does he get the bonus money if he wanted to get ten? Years ten?
Speaker 12: Years?
Speaker 9: Right over ten?
Speaker 1: Years.
Speaker 5: Right but the idea of buying an annuity is not to collect a big check ahead of. Something it's the annual income that you rely on for the rest of your. Life so where would those when COULD i start those? Payments and how much would they?
Speaker 14: Be, Okay i'm going to give them to you right. Now you can begin at the end of the first year basically to start drawing an, income and that payment would be nineteen, thousand eight hundred and thirty four dollars a month for the rest of your.
Speaker 1: Life so twenty four thousand a.
Speaker 14: Year so if you wait ten, years let's say we become sixty's a good, example you will have fifty one, thousand one hundred and two.
Speaker 9: Dollars per year per, year.
Speaker 1: And if something, happens he's got he's got. Doublet IF i need long.
Speaker 9: Term, care it becomes one hundred and two, thousand two.
Speaker 5: Four and then so let's SAY i, die either at age sixty six or one hundred and. Two good, question what happens to the balance of all that? Money the entire, value.
Speaker 9: The account, value will go to your.
Speaker 1: Beneficiary so ifety account values a million, bucks, right they get a million of them right.
Speaker 9: Here i'm looking at it right.
Speaker 14: Here so let me, said if you, died you, know let's say at sixty sixty, six a million dollars will go.
Speaker 9: To your, beneficiary whoever that, is whoever that.
Speaker 1: Is and then a lot of people, joh thanks a. Lot that's. AWESOME a lot of people teer. Them so in other, words instead of buying one annuity for five hundred, thousand you buy, two one for two, fifty one for two. Fifty you, might when you get to be fifty, five turn one on while the other still. Grows you, follow what do you call? That staggering staging.
Speaker 9: Ladder lettering ladder in? Dinnuities and you see what people.
Speaker 1: Need he's got clients that have five or six when they only have one turned on and the rest continue to. Grow because they still might have a pension from an old company or something else going.
Speaker 5: On, joe can any of these instruments be used, to let's, say finance a primary.
Speaker 14: Residence, now this is now set up for that that become the banker account that we.
Speaker 9: Have that's exactly what that will. Do his other, product it's another, product all.
Speaker 1: Right let me give his info Out My Money myway dot. Com it's simple as. That My Money myway dot. Com Brian burns is. On we've got three lines. Open. LISTEN i want to hear from. You you've been ripped off taking advantage OF i am dying to go after a bad. Guy i'm shaking three zero Three martino three oh Three Martino Help troubleshooter dot. Com, everyboddy Hang taye.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man Dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty, two.
Speaker 2: Ripped up.
Speaker 1: New that's who you don't.
Speaker 4: Have come running as fast as we can show The shooter is gonna.
Speaker 15: Help Come Man dix is The Troubleshooter Show, Now Tom, Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Welcome my friends to the only show of it's. Kind we're here to solve, problems to answer your, questions take. Complaints i'm surrounded by some great, deputies my Wife suzanne uh our executive, Producer, kelly our. Producer on the other side of the, Glass, DRAGON i, assume is now in the. House dragons in the. House we have a guest today as, well and that Is Jordan. Kenna in, fact your dad was with us the first two. Hours, jordan how are you? Doing how come you get the? Second how come your second and not? First i'm just going to ask.
Speaker 17: You you, know that is a good. Question you know sometimes you get us mixed, up you, Say joseph And. Joe, yeah you, KNOW i think it's BECAUSE i come. Second that's how it. Works so that's because you. Comes So i'm doing.
Speaker 1: Great how you guys Doing we're doing pretty, good. Man we were talking about your product little last. Hour in, Fact dmitri was asking pretty good. Questions and that's A Deputy dimitri and Then Deputy boson with us. Too but here's what we're gonna do right. Now we're gonna get right to the. Phones three oh three seven one three eight two five. FIVE i do have a couple lines. OPEN i want to finish up With. Jeff jeff called up and Basically jeff got into a car Accident january of last. Year And i'm saying this for our, Expert Brian, Burns So, Brian january of last, year this, guy according to the, Caller jeff gets. Sideswiped, ultimately the person that hit him ended up getting a. Ticket Fred loya is the other guy's. Insurance and the bottom line is. This they basically send him a denial. Letter he, says a denial letter said something like this is actually after he talked To Fred, loyer they said there's just too much evidence to actually believe that this whole thing isn't being put. TOGETHER i, mean it was the most ridiculous THING i ever, heard if that's what they actually told. Him but here's where the conversation went, to, so the guy driving the, car from everything we, know had, Permission so keep that in the back of your. Mind he had permission to drive. It so if he did have permission to drive, it And Fred lay is denying, it if you were going to take him the small claims court it's forty five hundred, dollars or even sue them in county, court, whatever whatever the case is or the venue, is would you sue the owner of the vehicle or the? Driver now both would be, great but ULTIMATELY i would think the insurance is going to be the one, pressured SO i would sue The IF i could only choose, ONE i would sue the. Driver in, FACT i don't even see the reasoning for suing the other, guy just BECAUSE i doubt he's got any money. Whatsoever but just give us your thoughts on.
Speaker 19: It, well my original thought would be to sue the, owner because he's the one at least has a car and had. Insurance we don't even know about the, driver do He does the driver even have?
Speaker 1: Insurance, no the driver doesn't have his own. Insurance he was used on the other guy's, car and considering the other guy's, car Is Fred. Loyer that's the only Reason i'm putting this, together that there could be nothing to go after on the other, Side.
Speaker 19: Well there could be nothing to GO i think at least there's a sign of insurance on the owner. Side there's nothing on the driver's. Side SO i THINK i would go out to the. OWNER i will tell you ninety percent of the, TIME i would, say maybe even higher than. That auto insurance has permissive use. Coverage Fred, loyer no guarantee of. THAT i mean you're talking, about you, know the very bottom.
Speaker 1: Rungs in my, Opinion, yeah but du're denying. It, jeff tell us, again what did the denial letters say From Fred? Loyer what was the? Reasoning two?
Speaker 12: Reasons number one that there was no police on scene at the, time it was all handled over the phone with the csp. Okay and number, two there was too much evidence against their. Driver it sounds too fishy to, them.
Speaker 1: Sounds too fishy That but wait a, minute wait a, minute are you saying the denial letter literally says it seems too. Fishy it not knows.
Speaker 12: Where it says there's too much evidence against our.
Speaker 1: Drivers what it really, says that's. It there's no way it says that not even Fred leya is that. STUPID i would use that as one of the. Exhibits that would be the best example. Ever And, brian he says he's got video and everything of. THIS i mean to, me it sounds like a slam. Dunk it's only forty five hundred. Bucks you serve the owner of the vehicle and he's going to bitch To Fred. Loya they're going to have to make a decision whether to pay the forty five hundred bucks or try to fight it in small claims, court where they're going to have to ask the judge to allow them to bring into an. Attorney but even if they do bring in an, attorney it's still going to be very basic.
Speaker 19: Rules but what, okay they CAN i ask, you why have you just turned it into your own? Insurance why wouldn't you do?
Speaker 1: That he doesn't have that. Coverage he's only got liability and he's got. Uninsured that's. It he doesn't have, compepolusion.
Speaker 19: Gotcha, Okay, yeah so that is your. Option but, yes to answer your original, question in my, OPINION i would go after the owner of the vehicle more than the.
Speaker 1: Driver, YEAH i don't think the driver means. Anything, now if they both lived in you know what interesting. Question if they both did live in the same, dwelling Could Fred loyer actually make the argument that they should have been listed on the.
Speaker 19: Policy, absolutely, yeah they could say he was an excluded driver in that.
Speaker 1: Case so you almost you could almost screw yourself serving both of them if they're in this only if they're in the same whole. Household AND I i don't even why AM i even thinking, That. Jeff did you mention they live together or?
Speaker 12: What, yeah they lived, together they're in the same.
Speaker 1: Place She's you might be lucky they have any coverage at, All Hi.
Speaker 19: Bray, YEAH i THINK i would do exactly what you're. Doing i'd go after, him probably the, owner because he's the one that has the. Insurance but the chance of getting anything out of, them who. KNOWS i don't know whether they have anything to suit. FOR i just don't, Know.
Speaker 1: Brian if we go out of this. Realm, Jeff i'm not sure if you got any other questions for our, expert BUT i, mean it's. EVERYTHING i basically it's told you have a question mark go, ahead.
Speaker 6: Bo so at the beginning of this, Story, jeff you said that The Carro State patrol issued a, ticket but they didn't come on.
Speaker 11: Scene how can a ticket be.
Speaker 1: As they issued the? Ticket and how do you know they? Did the police report.
Speaker 12: THAT i retrieved later indicates, everything the, names, dresses and it shows that the driver the vehicle was in fact issued A Cats operations.
Speaker 1: TICKET i wonder how they do that after the, Fact.
Speaker 11: Brian have you ever heard of?
Speaker 1: THAT i have, Not i've never.
Speaker 19: HEARD i, MEAN i thought you had to be on scene for the ticket to be. ISSUED i guess that's that's outside the insurance.
Speaker 1: Scope but that's not only is it outside the insurance. Scope let me tell you, This there's been plenty of times on this show people have been issued tickets and it has nothing to do with who's at fault for the, accident nothing to Do the closest ONE i remember was only a few weeks, ago and we actually had the video where when the video came the cops ended up ripping up the ticket they.
Speaker 5: Gave, yeah the other driver got the ticket at the time of the. Accident but then the guy who rolled his four runners six times sent us a video and it clearly shows that he's the one at.
Speaker 1: Fault SO i mean it happens In. Brian you know. This people argue fifty to fifty all the, time meaning either insurance company does.
Speaker 19: Anything, yeah well then your own insurance is responsible for your own, damage which in this case wouldn't help him because he doesn't have insurance on the.
Speaker 1: Vehicle, So, jeff you just got to take this guy to. Court, Man just do. It just take, them take, them take. THEM i do want to Thank Brian burns The Insurance Help center dot com or go To Compass insurance dot. Com, brian our rates are just going crazy on. You are you seeing a lot of renewals on homeowners that they're getting more out of control than?
Speaker 19: Ever the rates are still not going down at this, point Although i'm seeing signs of some relief. Coming i've seen two insurance companies Have i've met with are filing for a rate decrease on the auto and a and a rate stable on the. Home so if this, Year i'm just telling, you if we get through this summer without major, hailstorms we're gonna all see rates coming down a. BIT i really believe.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 1: Wow but if we see major, hailstorms it could be the complete.
Speaker 19: Opposite it could be the opposite.
Speaker 10: Just the other.
Speaker 19: Day, well but insurance companies also have as many people, realize they have changed a lot of policies where there's greater deductibles on the wind. Hail SO i just don't think insurance companies are going to get hit as. Hard so if we just see In colorado them break even this, year we should start to see. Them you, know more and more companies step back into wanting wanting to write.
Speaker 1: Business so you, KNOW i was talking To John place WITH. CMG i talk about them all the, time and they do a ton of, Lending, BRIAN i, mean they do like twenty billion dollars a. Month they're the, Bank they're not like just a. Broker but one of the things he's told me that was. Incredible people looking at buying their first. House forget ABOUT Refi i'm talking, purchases whether the first house or the. Fifth the funny part about Purchases, now once you calculate In colorado the taxes and, insurance it is crazy how little spending power they. Have taxes have almost doubled in the state in the last last four or five. Years and then homeowners is my, god it has probably if you go say twenty twenty To, now how much higher do you think it?
Speaker 19: Is, oh it's easily. DOUBLE i really believe that it's. Double. YEAH i Mean i'm seeing carriers taking twenty percent every year over the last five. Years at least there's something to take more than. That it's it has been a really rough last five years with, insurance specifically In, colorado but obviously you see it in other parts of the.
Speaker 10: Country you, know our.
Speaker 1: First house and you, Know i'm not dating ourselves too, much but was nineteen ninety three right?
Speaker 4: Much?
Speaker 1: Yeah so nineteen ninety, three a brand new house In Parker Clark, farms brand new. House suzanne got to pick out all the colors and the carpet and all that. Crap you know how much it was one hundred and ten thousand. Bucks one hundred and ten, THOUSAND i mean our our mortgage payment with insurance and, everything we only had ten percent, down so you, know we owed basically one hundred thousand. DOLLARS i, mean our mortgage payment was like eight hundred. DOLLARS i, mean AND i and we MADE i bet back then we made maybe fifty, thousand maybe. SIXTY i, mean you couldn't even Get there's people that can't even get an apartment In colorado now for.
Speaker 19: That, yeah, no it it's, Horrible, BRIAN i much. Higher, YEAH i. Know i've got teenage and you, know early twenties that are trying to buy, homes and it's it's just. Tough it's tough to find anything out. There it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, Okay, HEY i appreciate that anybody wants to. Quote in, FACT i always forget to tell people. This With Compass, insurance any insurance you can, imagine they can generally beat anything, MOTORCYCLE, rv business business, insurance workman's comp, anything anything you can, imagine except for health. Insurance give these guys a. Call they know what they're. Doing they shop so many different companies for, you and they can save you. Money three oh three nine nine six nine thousand Or Compass insurance dot. Com, okay give us call three oh three seven one three eight two. Five we're gonna take a quick. Break we'll be back right after.
Speaker 4: This go with a sure Thing Denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 4: Pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance check, up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance. Companies find out now three oh, three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, right fix it twenty four. Seven these are the. Guys thirty nine bucks are gonna come. Out they're gonna clean that air. Conditioner if you haven't had it, done it's time to get it. Done it's new customers. Only in, fact this hour is brought to you by, them and it's a real. Deal they're gonna tear up artech and denser. Outside they're going to spray it, down clean, it and just make sure everything's. Good they're going to slap a no breakdown guarantee on. It and they do all this so when something does, break like your water heater or your, furnace or you have an electrical issue in your, house or maybe a drain is clogged, up you're going to know who to. Call check them. Out it fix my home dot. Com that's fixedmihome dot. Com, gentlemen any. UPDATES i, Heard, dimitri you had something sitting in the hopper that was going to blow us. Away you said it was one of the best outcomes for a car problem that we've had in a. While and car problems. Suck.
Speaker 5: Yeah not only is it a car, problem it involves a used engine and a used engine. Warranty and to make matters even more, complicated the engine was swapped into this vehicle almost three years.
Speaker 1: Ago so when did they buy? It tell me a little about the, story.
Speaker 5: So you may recall That march twenty, Fourth alice called on behalf of her, Son, armando had a used car that approximately almost three years, ago needed an, engine and So armando had a used engine.
Speaker 1: Installed it was AN lkq.
Speaker 5: Engine good, Engine, yeah and it came with a three year. Warranty, now for reasons that we don't need to get into right, now just in the interest of, Time armando had a very difficult time working with a company that had originally installed the used.
Speaker 1: Engine and this does AN lkq actually handle? It o outside? Like in other, words was he supposed to go back to the original people or that didn't?
Speaker 5: Matter, no as it turned, Out SO i SENT i Sent kevin From Sharing Auto tech a copy Of armando's bill of sale and information on that. Engine And kevin told me that he can actually make a claim WITH.
Speaker 1: Lkq yeah they're. Good, yeah they're.
Speaker 5: Good and he has a relationship WITH lkq that he felt he could leverage to help her mind.
Speaker 1: For people out. THERE lkq is basically like a gigantic salvage yard all around the. Country, yeah and so that engine it might have been, rebuilt but generally through l k it was it was a, rebuilt it was. Engine they also sell used. Engines, yeah this was. That they'll warranty as.
Speaker 5: Well oh, yeah, yeah they're a high quality engine. Supplier so, anyway over these past three, years this rebuilt used engine That armando had had developed all kinds of. Problems it had a rear main leak, seal it had a front seal.
Speaker 1: Leak it was just dripping oil all over the.
Speaker 5: Place and to make matters, worse it then developed a head gasket.
Speaker 1: Failure so there's the, money that's. It so and the people he bought it from with that engine, originally they could care less at this, point.
Speaker 5: You, know it's not that they could care, less it's just That armando wasn't the the easiest guy to deal with, it and so their relationship over the years deteriorated to the point WHERE i, Thought, hey let's just start all over with a trusted and Trust kevin.
Speaker 1: Again AND i Knew kevin.
Speaker 5: Has the patience for, it and So, armando At kevin's, urging had the vehicle towed Into Shared Noto. Tech and this is about i'd say three three and a half weeks ago or. So, WELL i just got an update from From Shared Noto tech and here's what they found.
Speaker 1: OUT lkq has.
Speaker 5: Agreed to not only supply a, replacement rebuilt engine we should expect to having about three, weeks BUT lkq has also agreed to Reimburse armando for approximately forty seven hundred dollars That Shared nototech will charge to swap out the.
Speaker 1: Engines oh, Nice so he's going to be Out he's going to be out of pocket zero or very, yeah very, little if not even.
Speaker 5: Zero and, FRANKLY i was really surprised to hear that second part BECAUSE i read the terms of the warranty THAT lkq puts on these.
Speaker 1: Services, no they, do but they.
Speaker 5: Cap it at like sixty or eighty bucks an hour something like, that which is just a fraction of what it.
Speaker 1: Was kevin's really stepping up, Too so, well.
Speaker 5: No, kevin it seems LIKE i don't, KNOW i don't know IF i don't think That kevin discounted as hourly. Rate but it sounds to me LIKE lkq will cover the entire labor.
Speaker 1: Bill that's, nice you. Know, yeah people don't get. THAT i don't. Care if it's a good aftermarket warranty, company and there's some that are better than. Others, Personally i'd never buy an aftermarket, warranty just. Wouldn't but some of them do pay when. NEEDED i, mean there's no. Doubt you can't argue that everyone is a, sham because that's simply not. True some. Are some will do nothing but try to figure out how to just not. PAY i mean that's the whole of. Them, yeah that's their whole goal in the life of. Them but the one they all have in common one hundred, percent, man is they cap that. Labor so these, guys, well actually this is an a warranty company as the engine. Company it's really nice they did, that because you're, right most of them are like maybe even they say one hundred. Bucks the problem is you go to a. Dealership dealership could be two hundred and fifty bucks an. Hour oh, yeah you go to Like. Kevin i'm not exactly sure where it, is BUT i guarantee it's between one hundred and fifty and two, hundred maybe even a little. Higher that's just what it costs to operate a shop these. Days it's not like they're. Outrageous so for these guys to step, up that's. Awesome. Man, Yeah i'm so impressed WITH.
Speaker 5: Lkq this is the first Time i've, worked you, know any kind of a case that involved.
Speaker 1: THEM i used to buy stuff from them quite a.
Speaker 5: Bit, yeah they have a great, repetition don't.
Speaker 1: They, yeah they're everywhere. TOO i mean they're really a pretty big dog in that. Arena, now as far as the engines and STUFF i think they. Do i've bought in transmissions from them for customers in the, past a lot of. THEM i just don't recall ever having any real bad issues with.
Speaker 5: Them, well it worked out in this, case and you, know, huge thank you, Too. Kevin i'd Share Noto tech for babysitting this warranty claim and it turned out really well for, everybody you.
Speaker 1: Know i'm trying to think the worst RELATIONSHIP i had back in the car business as far as problems with a, wholesaler would probably BE i don't want outright say it was, junk BUT i had. TO i had a lot of problems with parts and us having to do the labor, again because you, know we were parts and labor was probably Car. QUEST i don't think they're around, anymore but, man we would just get like one alternator in after another and they're all. DEAD i, mean IF i ordered it THROUGH napa and got at least their mediocre line or their medium, LINE i just never have any issue like. That so there's definitely some cheap ass parts out. There BUT i don't remember anything WITH lkq ever going, wrong which is a good. Thing any other, updates, sir not right? Now, bo you got anything in the hopper over, there?
Speaker 6: Sir, well speaking Of kevin As, sheridan i't tech.
Speaker 1: Got kevin helps out on this show so. Much, yes you're a really good. Guy it's. Incredible if you ever have a car, problem you need to call us. Here kevin gets. Involved we've had a. Lot we were just talking about. Warranties we've had ones where the warranty gets denied because the shop doesn't quite know how to sell it or force it down the. Warranty we'll get it over To kevin and he'll somehow get. Cover go, ahead.
Speaker 12: Bo.
Speaker 6: Yeah this call came in actually a long time ago On january twenty, fourth at one. Thirty tom was the. Host our name Is. Marie this is an interesting. Case marie's son lives In, florida and she was he was having trouble with the. Car, yeah and she was just really concerned about her son being ripped.
Speaker 1: Off how old's the? Kid you?
Speaker 11: KNOW i don't. KNOW i think he was in his.
Speaker 6: Teens OKAYBE i got probab he's, eighteen nineteen years.
Speaker 1: Old so he's there like for college or, SOMETHING i.
Speaker 11: Believe SO i got.
Speaker 6: You so she was going to have the car towed From florida here To.
Speaker 1: Colorado oh my, GOD i mean that would cost like fifty thousand. Dollars hold, ON i got to take this. BREAK i want to see where this is. Going don't tell me they did.
Speaker 4: That go with a sure Thing Denver's best roofer excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance. Companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, right three oh three seven three eight two five five you've been ripped off or taking advantage if we want to hear from, YOU, BO i want you to finish that story For god's, sake and Then, JULIE i, Promise, oh here we go. Landscapers landscapers hits that time of the. Year we're going to get to. That But, bo go ahead and finish where we left. Off go go. Goes.
Speaker 11: Okay so she was contemplating towing the car.
Speaker 1: Cos. Yeah so she's In, florida.
Speaker 11: Gray to getting ripped off and there's you.
Speaker 1: Know, Well i'm sorry you always. RECAP i thought you would do. That the reason we do it is we just picked some new. Audience so this woman lived In. Florida, no her kid was In, Florida, florida and she wanted to tow her car To, colorado.
Speaker 6: Her kid's car To, colorado because she's afraid her kid would get ripped off at a mechanic shop with the car repair and there was something going on with the fuel injection or the intake.
Speaker 11: Manifold it's been a, WHILE i don't remember the.
Speaker 6: Details So kevin helped me zero in on some repair SHOP Napa Repair.
Speaker 11: Centers In set he's.
Speaker 1: Affiliated, yes In, Sanford.
Speaker 11: Florida got.
Speaker 6: It SO i Told marie THAT i would call these mechanics and kind of vet, them kind of ask them the proper questions and look at the.
Speaker 11: Reviews and THEN i Told, marie do not tow the car To.
Speaker 1: Colorado, OKAY i, think let, me let, me let me intervene just for a, second then we'll finish it. UP i cannot imagine there's someone out there that literally, considered instead of going to an auto repair shop for having their kids go to, it tow a car From florida To. COLORADO i have now. Listen i'm not saying she's, dumb it's not my intent, here but she is definitely ignorant at the cost of, towing towing or even shipping a. Car maybe what she meant was put it on a transport and get it. Here but to literally tow a car From florida would COST i, mean let's just let's say what first of, all with THE puc, License i'm not even. SURE i don't even know how that works going multi, state BUT i assume you can do.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 1: Mark you would.
Speaker 5: Probably cost them the tens of thousands to actually have a real tow.
Speaker 1: Truck did she ever get a bit on?
Speaker 6: It Bo, oh she was contemplating, it AND i think once she figured it, out.
Speaker 1: Thank, god you got. IT i got you got.
Speaker 11: Involved, yes she found a. MECHANIC i gave.
Speaker 6: HER i vetted two of them, out and she did get the car, repaired and we saved.
Speaker 11: The troubleshooter show saved her thousands of. Dollars Or i'm getting the car towed To.
Speaker 1: Colorado what was the problem with? It do you?
Speaker 11: Remember add something to do with the fuel.
Speaker 1: Injection, okay but it's all. Fixed it's all. Fixed. Man three oh three seven one THREE a two five. Five, Hey, julie what's going on with this? Landscaper are you. There, YEAH i hear, You. Julie what's going?
Speaker 7: On, Oh i'm so. Sorry SO i hired a landscaper WHEN i bought this house last, fall her last. SUMMER i had him scraped the, yards put in sprinkler system and, sod and right at the, beginning the sod was brown and, brittle AND i kept complaining and he kept telling, me, No i'll take care of, it you, know don't worry about. It so as late As, SEPTEMBER i was texting and, saying, hey half of this sod is. Dying the sprinkler heads aren't hitting where they, to and he kept telling me he was going to fix.
Speaker 1: Everything so just one big dab.
Speaker 3: Lawn oh so half of my lawn in the back is.
Speaker 7: Dead he's blaming it on my dogs, now even though it's been like. THAT i had him come over On monday to restart the system BECAUSE i had paid him in the fall to blow it. Out what he saw and he went, Down, oh he went down and told me THAT i had had somebody else work on it because there was no shot off. Valve and when he went, out.
Speaker 1: Hold, On, julie did YOU i mean between, us did you have someone?
Speaker 4: Else?
Speaker 7: No BECAUSE i trusted this.
Speaker 1: Person so what does he mean there's no shut off. Valve i've never heard of. Such how do you turn it off for? Winter?
Speaker 7: Exactly, well so what he had told me was the pipe was in the, wall he couldn't access it to put off a valve, in so he was going to take care of it on the.
Speaker 1: Outside got.
Speaker 7: It and SO i had this weird configuration OF pbc pipe for most of the summer and. Fall and THEN i, said, hey you, know are you going to do something with us BECAUSE i know that it would freeze and he, said oh. Yeah SO i paid him to blow out the, system and that's WHAT i thought he had. Done so when he came Over, monday he told me that there had still been water in there and that it was cracked.
Speaker 3: And needed to be.
Speaker 7: Repaired AND i, said, well wait a, second you said you had taken care of all, this and he again denied any of, that denied that the yard was a problem because he had put in substandard, sod and essentially told.
Speaker 1: Me we would just agree give. You, okay let let let's just go to the problem at, hand the sod. ITSELF i assume the sprinkler, system is it operating now or, no, no, No and he's saying he's not going to do it because he claims you modified it or you did something to.
Speaker 7: It, yeah THAT i had somebody else worked.
Speaker 1: On who is? It what's the company?
Speaker 7: Name Tyler hornback and he out Of greeley.
Speaker 1: Say it, Again, Hornback Kyler hornbeck.
Speaker 7: Yep and WHEN i went On facebook to write a, COMPLAINT i found all kinds of other people who've been scammed by this gentleman and can't get.
Speaker 1: Repairs, so but just to be, clear right, now he is not turning it back on or getting it running, properly realigning the. Heads he's not doing anything with the side right all based upon This one your dogs killed the side and two you add someone else come out and modify the sprinkler system according to. Him yet according to, him but you absolutely did.
Speaker 7: Not, NO i. Haven't and my older daughter and her wife lived with, me so they can attest that no one else has worked on. This and.
Speaker 1: All, right hold, on hold, on hold, On, kelly get the phone number To Hornbeck. Hornbach get the phone. Number see if we can get him. On i'd like to quiz him about what's going on. Here we're going to find. Out we're going to get to the bottom of this. Story i'm going to put a deputy on it if everything is, true and we're going to try to at least get her sprinkler system. Done what are your thoughts And i'd like to know From dimitri And i'd like to know from. Bo i'd like to know your. Thoughts though In, suzanne we've had dogs. Forever when it comes to sod and, dogs can the dogs take out half the? Backyard hold on.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 4: Pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance checkup, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find Out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 20: Two you Know Jordan piano And studio With us was just telling us about one of his favorite, shows and that show is Called What You are sixty days in sixty days in so these prisons will take someone in for sixty.
Speaker 1: DAYS i see so many liability issues with just. THAT i don't even know what to think. About but where this conversation arrived? From And, JULIE i promise we're going back to that. Landscaper i'm just up against the, hour but just hold. On here's what drove me. Crazy here's where we got. There dmitri started laughing out loud in the middle of the, break AND i, said what's so? Funny he goes that one. Guy the MORE i think about That Fred loyer, letter and what did the guy? Say The Fred loyer letter From last HOUR Sec.
Speaker 5: According to the to the, caller he said that the insurance claim was denied Because Fred layer wrote in a letter that the evidence you presented against our insured is so.
Speaker 1: Overwhelmed it's too. Damning it's too damning that we don't even believe it because it's too. Conclusive so we started. Talking you could take that letter and you could use that letter. Anywhere you could apply that to anything in the, world your. Honor there is no way my Client Rob Dad, bank it's on. Video you have HIS. Dna he had the money in his own. Suitcase there is no way with all that evidence that could be. True it's just too. Unbelievable it's too. Unbelievable we rest defence. RESTS i, mean think about. That it. Is we had this one collar years. Ago it was a landscaper and that made me think With. Julie the landscaper Was, luna and he had a clause at the bottom of his. Contract someone sent me The luna clause. Recently i'm going to look for. IT i Think i'm gonna find. IT i Think Mike thomas sent it to, me The luna. Clause WHEN i read this to you and show, you guys The luna, clause this will go to proof you can't put anything in a contract and expect it to hold. Up WHEN i and this was, real this guy literally put the lunar clause in his. Contract, JULIE i promise your Next And kathy's got props For Joe. Lazari he's one of the best ATTORNEYS i. Know and Then patrick has a, comment everybody hold, tight.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing denver's best roofer excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now THREE o three seven to seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real estate man Dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty Two.
Speaker 9: Rift news you don't have.
Speaker 1: Shoot is gonna help.
Speaker 15: Coming Man dix is The Troubleshooter. Show, No Tom, martine all Right folk three.
Speaker 1: Oh three seven one three eight two five five three oho Three, Martino i've got good news for everybody out. There we're gonna go back to this landscaping call. Immediately this poor woman's a, teacher but it brought up something during the. Break The luna clause. Waits you hear the clause in this landscaper's contract from a call many moons. Ago but back To. Julie julie had a landscaper come. Out he installed a sprinkler. System he puts sod, In, bam. Bam he goes to restart the sprinkler, system and the last What. Julie the last couple of.
Speaker 12: Weeks, yeah, no this week actually this, week.
Speaker 1: And he, says, hey you had someone else out here working on, it And i'm not going to do anything for. It, meantime the side he installs all dead and he's blaming it on the. Dog and then he's blaming the sprinkler system on somebody that didn't do. Anything he's the one that installed, it right, Exactly, kelly you called over to this. Guy what what did this guy have to? Say it just went to.
Speaker 16: VOICEMAIL i left him a.
Speaker 1: Message is it at least a normal, voicemail like you've reached landscaping?
Speaker 16: Company, no it's what it's an automated.
Speaker 1: Voicemail oh, man does this guy have a? Phone did you give the phone Number julie To, Kelly.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh, lord that's. It that's. It so do you think he's going to call back based upon what you know of? Him, Julie, NO.
Speaker 7: I have had Like i've had contact with several other people over the last.
Speaker 19: Week.
Speaker 3: Si he this is what he.
Speaker 7: Does he does substandard.
Speaker 1: Work it's the guy's. Name give me the guy's, Name, ty what's the company?
Speaker 7: Name Hornback landscaping and situated In Greeley.
Speaker 1: Horn back BAC k, right, yeah Found? Landscaping did you find?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 11: Both, OKAY i got the phone. Number kind of verify it with you call hold.
Speaker 1: On what is the phone? Number? Julie you give us the right one and you tell me if that's what you got both go ahead Or, kelly you got it? Up what is?
Speaker 19: IT i?
Speaker 16: Do nine seven zero nine seven zero nine six nine six six five six five six sixty.
Speaker 1: Five. Listen folks listening are, YouTubers our, listeners our, podcast even if it's a couple of days. Later please give this guy a call and, say why are you blaming everything on your? Customer the sod is? Dead in, FACT i want to ask everybody really. QUICK i mean he's blaming the sod on the. DOGS i have put sod on in Our parker. House we did the side front and back and Our Castle rock house we DID i THINK i think we did front and back. Too, there, right, yeah did we ever have any? Problems we had A doberman at the, time the size of a small. Cat.
Speaker 16: Cat female urine will make earned, spots but that Was it's.
Speaker 1: This whole thing dead or are we talking some urine spots from the end of the.
Speaker 3: City, no it's like it's about half.
Speaker 1: Dead can you send us a picture of, It, JULIE i want to do some free advertising for this guy when it comes to. Side, YEAH i absolutely.
Speaker 7: Will And i've been after him since he first put it in BECAUSE i used to.
Speaker 1: Do do you have correspondence or text back and forth that you can provide us showing it you reached out to? Us, Yes, okay, LISTEN i want to build a case against, Him, Julie so, Listen i'm going to put you on. HOLD i want to see the pictures of, it AND i want to see the correspondence dating back and the original invoice if you have. It and we're just going to keep going after this guy till he does. SOMETHING i, MEAN i don't understand why he would basically come out and go you had someone else to look at this or do. Something So i'm no longer going to touch, it especially if we have correspondents, going, hey the sprinkler system's not, working the sod is, dying this is hornback. LANDSCAPING i would appreciate if you are nice when you. Call in, fact that's. It the REASON i do this IS i want you to give him a real. Review this helps, Owners this will help Mister hornback understand that people are talking about him and he doesn't want. That he wants to make this. RIGHT i can feel. IT i can feel it in my. Gut hornback wants to make this. Right nine seven zero nine six six five six six. Five just ask him give them a real. REVIEW i want to get those, pictures and tomorrow we're gonna post the pictures Of Horror. Hornback i'm trying to think of a good, name But i'm Gonna i'm gonna watch Where i'm Going Hornback.
Speaker 16: Landscaping he may actually call. Back they did put him on no no, NO i, said he may actually call.
Speaker 1: BACK i hope he. Does but according to, her there's numerous people that have left the.
Speaker 16: Messages, WELL i, understand BUT i left a very interesting message for him to call me for a different.
Speaker 1: Purpose oh you did a sneaky. Snake uh, Huh kelly doing the sneaky. Snake you know one Time Deputy. Dan we were talking About Deputy dan in The luna the lun. Clause i'm going to read that in a. Second AFTER i go To, kathy BECAUSE i promised her i'd get to her and Then patrick's got a. Comment we do have two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh Three. Martino but so so had The luna. CLAUSE i just keep thinking. About but we had one we pulled A. Kelly i'll call To kelly, now So Deputy dan AND. I in, fact this one's still On. Facebook it's the video of. Us we had a cement. Guy he was going around to people doing driveways and he was taking money. Down now it's not it's Not. Joey we Got joey and we got him thrown in. Jail this was another guy and his, son and ALL i remember is in the VIDEO i called his home the Third mobile because he lived in this nineteen seventy four rambler and him and his kid were meth, heads, basically and they ripped all these people. Off and he'd never come on, air would never answer the phone once he knew who you. Were SO i called from a different phone and we randomly picked the place In Greenwood village for him to come out and give us an, estimate just. Random so me And dan show up out of there like we're the. Homeowners we're just basically standing on the. Sidewalk we have no association or know nothing about. It so they get out of the. Turdmobile this thing was The it was like a rolling meth. LAB i, Mean i'll just put it for what it is and what scared the hell out of. Me AFTER i start doing my thing in front of, him like why'd you rip him? Off why'd you do? This all of a, sudden the shade opens in the back of THIS. Rv So i'm yelling at the old, man not yelling at. It i'm, like you'll never call us. Back we've gotten four people on. You you've taken twenty two thousand dollars over the last six, weeks and you haven't showed up to one. Job the, sudden this shade opens in the back and his head's like it's like some kind of, creature like from The Black lagoon or. Something THEN i start hearing like he's walking down this tin. Can and WHEN i say this thing was old and a piece of, CRAP i can't even the WORST rv you've ever seen on the side of the road In. Denver this would make look. Good. Okay the front door opens and this kid comes out AND i, say, kid he's in his, twenties but he was this guy's, kid and he's absolutely. Insane he runs up and smacks the camera out Of dan's, hands, which by the, way was my. Phone SO i was pretty irritated at this. Point so we're all. Yelling we're, Like i'm, like oh my, god this is escalating so. FAST i can't believe. It so the dad actually calmed down the. KID i mean it was evident the kids. TWEAKING i, mean his eyes are coming. Together the guy's. Nuts he's absolutely, insane and we end the video and the end of the VIDE i think literally on there you can see the camera kind of flying, out but you can still hear the audio going, on and we had the cops. Coming they took off in the. Turdmobile and my understanding is they made. It this was in the tech center or this was in GREEN i think it Was Greenwood village and they end up In. Aurora they got basically pulled, over and my understanding is they haven't been back in The states, since so we at least chased them the hell out of. Here AND i really do think they have not come back To. Colorado AND i don't know if they had charges pending for what happened With Deputy dan AND i and them assaulting. Us it was all on. Video WHEN i say, assault they they literally smacked the camera out of, Them so that was. That that's unacceptable. Behavior, Mom oh my, god if you saw this meth head crack kid in, fact could you actually be hooked on meth and crack at the same? Time is that? Possible why? NOT i, mean, seriously has anybody known a meth slash.
Speaker 5: Crackhead it's nice to hear a really good tweaker story once in a, while more a good tweaker.
Speaker 1: Story, Hey, patrick what is your? Comment, Oh, KATHY i am so. Sorry kathy's got props to one of my Favorite this always sounds bad when you say, it but my favorite criminal defense, Attorney Jola's. ERA i have Known joe for so many. Years he is the best guy out. There. Kathy how Did joe help? You?
Speaker 8: Hi, mark thanks so much for taking my. Call my husband AND i are loyal, listeners and that's how we got Onto Jola's.
Speaker 12: ERA i love.
Speaker 8: Them we had need and a real kind of an emergent. Matter we needed his, services and it was late close of day and late in the. Week he actually spoke with. Us we gave him a. Retainer we ended up headed to court and then the whole thing was. Dismissed oh, wow THAT i was so impressed about is he returned almost half of the retain.
Speaker 1: For and he got you, guys why however you want to look at? Him all the charge is? Dropped, yeah so what's, Funny? Kathy WHEN i, Do i've actually had people Go it doesn't matter who you. Know they THEY i swear To, god people that don't understand our legal. System it means. Everything if there's SOME i can say, this if there's some dick that no one, likes like literally no one. Likes what happens is the other, judges the judges don't like that defense, attorney the das don't like, him they don't think anything good about. Him you don't want to hire that. Person you want to hire somebody Like joe, that for over twenty, years has established relationships with every, judge EVERY, da every DA's, office and he can he can do better for you than. Anybody And, KATHY i think that's what happened to.
Speaker 3: Here, yeah well, THANKS i, mean thank you your.
Speaker 1: Show yeah we heard about him well AND i really you appreciate that, You. KATHY i do appreciate, it and people, REALLY i, Mean, dimitri did you know that you've heard me do those? Spots, Yeah and it would be great to Get joe to join us in the studio one day to tell us some really fun stories from his. JOB i usually get him in what do you, Think susan maybe twice a, year and For, lucky he's a busy. GUY i love when he comes on right around Between thanksgiving And New year's because of The, diui because of The, dui because a lot of people out there think of what you. Will they have no idea how to react to an officer that is either stopping you at a checkpoint or one that pulls you over because your tail lights out and ask if you've been. Drinking a lot of people have no idea what to. Answer let's say you were At applebee's and you had a, beer or you were out at a steakhouse and you had a glass of. Wine it freaks people. Out they have no idea what to. Say and when we have them, mind you'll find out what to. Say but if you say the wrong, thing they can go through your entire. Car they can do all all kinds of. Things if you open the door to it three oh three seven one three a two five Five, Patrick you're next on the.
Speaker 4: Show go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up, free no. Obligation in, comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Two all, right three oh three seven one three a two five five nineteen fifty. Six that's when kN H Home solutions. Started Cage windowsackam they Have Alpen. Windows now you got a nice house up In veil Or aspen and uh you want the best high, performance super, insulating custom crafted thermally efficient windows or, Doors you got to check Out alpen AND k AND h is one of their main. Distributors but check them out a khwindows dot. Com they also have a beautiful line of, windows of, course from different. Manufacturers besides alpen but everything's, durability energy, efficient custom fits load and no. Maintenance you get the. Idea, also the diamond code siding absolutely. Beautiful provia entry doors twenty gage. Steel most other doors are made from twenty six but call them up check them Out khwindows dot, COM uh THREE o three seven one THREE a two five. Five Now patrick has a. Comment, patrick you own a landscaping company or what.
Speaker 18: Pat to irrigation? Company and THEN i used to work for an organic like lawn care company for a long.
Speaker 1: Time, cool what is your what is your comment On julie's? Issue And julie was the one they called up and were helping her in the. Background basically she had a sprinkler system put, in new side put in and the side is half. Dead we're going to get pictures of it and see it for. Ourselves but the other thing that happened is the guy who installed all this stuff came to turn the sprinklers on this year because he's the one that turned him off last year FOR i think that was part of the purchase. Thing and he, said, well this thing's all messed. Up there's NOTHING i can do because apparently you've had someone else try to do, something and she, says no one else has touched. It go, Ahead, Patrick, WELL i.
Speaker 18: Just don't understand how someone else came over there before the sprinklers got turned on number, one number two or?
Speaker 1: Why, yeah of, course.
Speaker 18: Where is the shut? Off because when you properly blow out a sprinkler, system you have to backflow it through a, drain and if you, don't then, yeah things are going to break. Outside but another thing, is, well hold, on here's.
Speaker 1: What they, said and THIS i didn't quite dig into, it but we're going to get pictures of this as. Well when he installed it APPARENTLY i have no idea, WHY i honestly, don't but he didn't want to go through her dry, wall so he installed some kind of hodgepodge OF pvc pipe and other pipes on the outside of the. House something. CRAZY i have no, idea but we're going to get pictures of.
Speaker 18: It, well the thing is is, like if you can't back blow the system back through the house or back through a stopping waste which is the ones that are in the ground like you know, sixty then you the water is going to be in the. System you haven't blown it out. Correctly so but the other thing is that's that's that's bothering, me is that THERE'S pbc above the.
Speaker 1: Ground, yeah it's crazy.
Speaker 18: Code that is not. Code you can't do.
Speaker 1: That, well a lot of people Simply, PATRICK i get, it you do things, Right but there's a lot of people that simply don't do things. Right.
Speaker 18: Man, WELL i mean the, Best, well the most important part of a blowout is back blowing it through a. Drain, yeah and not leaving any water in the. Backflow you can leave water in the ground and it won't freeze, Typically, yeah but you gotta blow out the water above. Ground but you can't USE. Pbc that just shows right, there what a.
Speaker 1: Clown i'm gonna be so curious to see these. Pictures and we're gonna be talking about this guy. Tomorrow i'm gonna see the. Pictures we're gonna get them up on our YouTube. Channel BUT i really do appreciate, That. Patrick now speaking of, landscapers And i'll hop back to the. PHONES i got to read, This luna. Clause we had a person call up and they had a horrible time with the construction. Company in the name of the, Company i'm looking at the. Contract this goes back To april twenty, second twenty Twenty Luna landscaping And CONSTRUCTION llc service. Contract that's what's at the. Top, now what's. Amazing AND i have quoted The luna clause so many times over the. Years going to read it to. You it's not that, long And i'm going to read it to you. Verbatim this is at the end of the. Contract so the client signs and Then luna. Signs that's the guy's last name at the bottom of the. Contract this goes back To luna did not do what the contract. Says the contract literally spells out what he's going to. Do luna did not do what the contract. Says but when the client complained To, Luna luna pointed out The luna clause at the end of the, contract Which i'm staring.
Speaker 9: At it's.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable in, fact people are going to Think i'm making it. Up it Says please note this contract can be terminated at any given time By luna or management if there are any alterations that are considered, unacceptable such as, discrimination any type of verbal or physical abuse Towards luna or workers Of, luna or if the client change mind without prior, notice and if he or she refuses the Material luna. Use so if you order a stone retaining wall And luna wants to use, brick or If luna wants to use, mud you better accept it because you are giving up your right to not use What luna wants to.
Speaker 15: DO i.
Speaker 1: Digress let me. Finish at the time of breaking the, contract deposit that client given will be lost in his Entire if CLIENT i love this, last this is the last. Sentence, yeah this is the. Best this is the. Best if client slash home homeowner Or luna decide to break, contract THE pc the percent of money deposit giving The luna will not be, returned no, exceptions thank. You so think about. This if, client homeowner Or luna decides to break the, contract so the guy that wrote the contract decides to break the, contract the guy that wrote, It luna gets keep all your. Money you don't even have to break. It luna can break in doing this is literally a real. Thing so when you hear us talk about The Luna, agreement where this comes from is you can't simply put anything in a. CONTRACT i can't write a contract to anybody in this room That i'm going to fix your. Car BUT i can use WHATEVER i want to fix. IT i can use whatever TIMEFRAME i, WANT i can use what every. Parts in, FACT i can consider your car fixed IF i look at, it and that's at the bottom of the. Contract so then when you pick your car up And i've literally done nothing to, IT i point to the major clause and, say right there at the, bottom you agreed IF i looked at your, car then it's, fixed SO i get to keep all your.
Speaker 5: Money all, Right, Well, mark let's not gloss over an important fact in that document that you just. Read, yes it ends with a thank, you which is a, good, polite proper way of doing.
Speaker 1: That La, luna very, polite, lunapolitelite. Lunapolite it sounds like la la bricket Or luna. Polite all, right who's up, next let's see? Here question on jury? Duty, hey what's your, Question? Kenny on jury? Duty, well my.
Speaker 21: Son's twenty years old and he went to uh or got a note for jury duty about a month. Ago he built up the thing online That i'm in school full, TIME i can't be. There then they send back the. Letter, okay you got you can only have one, excuse and now you've got to Come june. Thirtieth, well he's already going to be at a town on vacation and a family reunion in a. WEDDING i, mean how DO i.
Speaker 1: Well you, mean how does he straighten it? Out BUT i understand your. Question how does? He, HONESTLY i want to Ask Joe. LAZARA i, MEAN i don't. Know does anybody here are you experts at getting out of jury? DUTY i don't know how it. Works, Hey, kelly can we try to Get lazara? ON i would like to ask, him tell them it's a real quick jury duty. QUESTION i didn't even know the. One excuse did you guys know? That, No i've heard that. Before excuse have you guys ever been? Called? Oh, YEAH i have hold, on hold, on hold, On. Kenny we're going to try to get somebody up and then bob el em hold. ON i have lived In Douglas county since nineteen ninety, three ninety. THREE i have not been summoned for jury duty one single time in over thirty. Years i'm. Convinced i'm on honest lest your name is. ON i Think i've been. Blackballed, YEAH i think you don't watch you thirty years? Now why WOULD i be. BLACKLISTED i have no criminal Nothing i'll talk about. No i'm, KIDDING i have No, no, seriously, SERIOUSLY i have no. Convictions god that even sounds. Weird hold, on, Everybody.
Speaker 4: Go with a sure Thing denver's best Roofer Excel roofing dot.
Speaker 1: Com you don't.
Speaker 4: Pay a cent until you're. Content time for an insurance, checkup, free no obligation comparison Call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to.
Speaker 18: One.
Speaker 4: Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose Frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty.
Speaker 9: Two all, Right.
Speaker 1: Paul The waterman waterpros dot. Net he's got a system right. Now that was twenty five hundred. Bucks now it's only nineteen hundred and ninety, five less than two thousand dollars for probably arguably the best waters often are out. There it's a computerized. Model it's. Unbelievable it'll actually treat your entire, house not just one or two. Showers but think about, it better, water, softer. Water it's better for your, skin it's better for your. Pipes it's just. Better we got a system from, Him my, Goodness, uzanne what was it maybe two years, ago a year and a half something Like that's a little bit talk about maintenance. Free we got to add a little bit of salt to, it maybe once every six, months but other than, that it's maintenance. Free it works. Perfectly suzanne loves how her skin feels and her hair and all. That and, HONESTLY i was only happy with the. PRICE i got prices from two or three other. Companies paul was half the. Price check them out at waterpros dot. Net waterpros dot. Net NOW i want to take this comment real quick on who is who's on? Two isn't that our? Guy Hey, bob l, em what's going on Many? BOB i don't know what happened To. BOB i guess we'll just say asta Lavista. Bob all, Right, Hey, kenny back to. You on jury, duty we found a couple of things. Out ONE i couldn't Get joela's err, on but we're actually texting another. Attorney But bo found something interesting. Online what county is this that your kid has jury duty? In that he's trying to postpone because he's going on.
Speaker 21: Vacation, uh, Well, County, okay is your?
Speaker 11: Student is your? Son is the full time student or part?
Speaker 9: Time full?
Speaker 21: Time, WELL i.
Speaker 11: Just looked On.
Speaker 6: Google it says a if you have a current school schedule showing that you're a full time, student you can get excused from jury.
Speaker 1: Service has he tried? That as he said he's a.
Speaker 8: Full time, student he's not a student in the.
Speaker 1: Summertime, WELL i don't think summer would.
Speaker 21: TOWN i think he's going to go back To kansas and work for my family on the farm for three. Months he's not even going to be, HERE i.
Speaker 1: Think tell him he's moving out of state for the. Summer, yeah why wouldn't you say he's moving out of? State then good? Point if he literally. Is i'm not, saying don't lie Because, kenny you started. This he was going on. Vacation now he's moving out of state to work for the, uncle WHICH i don't care. About but don't don't don't get into it with the judge like, that.
Speaker 9: Right, right?
Speaker 3: Right, well it's.
Speaker 19: Both that's he's going to go back there for for.
Speaker 1: Work sounds like The luna clause, No, Kenny and.
Speaker 21: There's also a family, reunion and they're all.
Speaker 1: Keep the family reunion in vacation at me and call up and, say, Hey i'm. Moving i'm moving to go work in. Wherever, Okay, yeah that's WHAT i would.
Speaker 21: Do they can't, stay, well you can't go out of state and work because you've got. Jury, dude they can't do.
Speaker 1: That, no but he's not even going to be living. Here that's what you got to tell. Him he's literally not going to be in the. State don't frame it like you started as a vacation and we. Are we are Still. Kelly did you reach out To Dan? KAPLIS i.
Speaker 16: Did he hasn't gotten back to me, Yet.
Speaker 1: Okay and then we also reached out To Joe. Lazara so, listen, man we'll get an update on it and even talk tomorrow if we're on the right. Page but to, me it sounds. RIGHT i, mean what boat read about. It if you're a full time, student you don't have to. Go so let's let we're gonna find. Out so in, Fact kelly grab his. Information when we find out one hundred percent, affirmively affirmatively from one of our, attorneys we'll go from. THERE i do want to SAY i have never been chosen in thirty. YEARS i said that, before not one, Time, dmitri you ever been Called.
Speaker 5: YEAH i get those jury duty notifications every couple of. Years AND i was actually in a jury about, six, seven maybe eight years ago In.
Speaker 1: Denver that's absolutely. Incredible NOW i want to talk To Jordan. Keano we talked with your dad early this. Morning we were running different. Numbers but on these annuities you guys sell and folks out, there, listen there's bad annuities out. There there's no doubt about. It in, fact we were talking about one during our financial. Show listen to. This you want to hear a bad. Annuity this guy bought an annuity twenty years ago to twenty years, ago twenty years, ago sixty thousand. Dollars guess what it's worth right. Now the guy's. Not it's. Crazy in, FACT i hate to even ask, you a, guest but give a gift case well three.
Speaker 5: Hundred based on the context of how you present this, STORY i would say it's worth sixty seven and a half thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars that would be. Generous that would be. Generous, yeah it would sing me two thousand dollars after twenty. Years it was a fixed, annuity meaning it was like point zero zero one percent each, year two thousand dollars in twenty. Years worst Annuity i've ever heard, about besides ones where if you do, die basically your kin doesn't get. Anything it's sad to see what's out.
Speaker 17: There and that's why these products that we're talking about have not only startup bonuses for anybody who gets in. There they get a fifteen percent bonus that's working with them, guaranteed but working with them day one in the. Market so that means that they get the gains the market's, up but when the market comes down or, crashes they get to lock those. IN i mean right, NOW s AND p five hundreds still hat a negative six percent from year to.
Speaker 1: Date people wouldn't have lost. Anything you wouldn't have lost. It but if THE s AND p was up twelve, percent what would? Happen if you get those, games you participate in, it so it goes up notches in doesn't go. Down, LISTEN i say this all the. Time don't put all your eggs in one, basket but think about this guaranteed money when you. RETIRE i always use the. Example NOW i love using the fifty year old, example but my favorites the twenty two year old ten thousand. Dollars you buy an annuity at twenty, two it's worth over a million dollars at sixty, five and at seventy it's probably one and a half million or. Something. Crazy think of leaving your grandson or your kids at, bam a million dollars when you retire you're dead in the grave and they can actually you're sitting there, going, wow my grandfather got it'd be so weird talking about your grandfather when you are a. GRANDFATHER i, mean that's. Nuts but think of a legacy along those.
Speaker 17: One that's the thing is it's a language of luck if you're be able to leave something behind to carry that legacy that torched. Forward and this is what people need to know is just having your money in areas that you don't have to ride the roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Anymore and then with having the long term care where that payment each month. Doubles and WHEN i, say you get that payment for the rest of your, life the second you turn that, on doesn't matter if you turn it on at sixty or eighty. Whatever it's built to you get a certain amount of money to the day you, die even if you live to be one hundred and, Twenty god bless. You but if you need long term, care and almost all of us at some, point if you live long, enough well it. Doubles so think about. That that could actually go to pay for someone coming into your house or just long term care at a. Facility that's, right that's double. Important but it's guaranteed. Money i'm not saying you don't have other stuff that might grow faster or go down, faster but think of a. Guarantee check in that. Mailbox everybody hold. Tight go with a sure.
Speaker 4: Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot. Com you don't pay until you're contenth time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison Call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you Choose frank durand the real Estate man dot com to list your home With Remax alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two