Speaker 1: What's up, bardy people, and welcome to Countdowns a Classic where it's not my opinion that counts but yours. Hey, everyone, welcome back to another episode of Countdown the Classic. It's so wonderful to have you all here, and a really, really fun one for you today, guys, because we've got the first official Countdown guild meeting recorded and published for the purposes of the podcast.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know it might seem a little odd. It's like, Josh, why the fuck wouldn't if we all want to listen into your guild meeting, Come on, man, we want to hear about you know, in depth hardcore TVC chat and all that stuff. But I just thought this was something unique. And it's not like we don't talk TBC during the guild meeting, but I wanted to give you guys a fly on the wall. Look at me as a first time ever, you know, serious guild leader trying to learn on the fly. You'll hear me, you know, saying dumb things, making all the mistakes, and you'll roll your eyes and go, oh my god, I can't believe this guy is trying to lead a guild. But it's a really you know, fun journey for me to try and learn and to try to manage, you know, a couple of raid teams and to help them get to where they want to be in TBC, and more importantly, just make sure that everyone has a good time and manage the social environment so that everyone feels comfortable and is happy that they're playing with So that's why I thought, you know, I'll just do it for the podcast. We'll have these meetings every now and again, throw it on the show and hopefully, you know, guys get back to me. You get a kick out of it as a listener. So before we get to the guild meeting, I am going to sit here and just do a little bit of an opening diatribe for you about a bunch of thoughts of mine loosely flying everywhere about TBC anniversary. So I'll give you a bit of TBC chat, you know, for you guys who are maybe like, ugh, guild meeting yawn, But no, trust me, give the guild meeting a chance. It's actually quite funny and you will enjoy it. But just before we get there, I've been playing the hell out of the PTR and I would highly encourage all of you with you know, maybe a week's worth of PTR left to do the same thing I've really been, you know, smashing the point to the countdown people, Please jump on PTR, download the classic era PTR, make sure your account is flagged as a PTR user, or whatever you have to do to enable you to log on. We had one or two people trip up on that and just create seventies and go out and kill mobs in Shadow Moon Valley or whatever in your blues or in your Tier four biss sits up to you and just get a feel for classes and specs. It has helped me immensely. If I didn't have this PTR, I'd have no idea what I want to play. I mean, obviously, because it's me, I still have no idea what I want to play. I mostly do, but like it's just it's really helped rule things out first and foremost, and just you know, let me get a feel for classes I ordinarily never would have gotten to touch. So that's been fantastic. A bunch of the Countdown people have helped out over the last two weeks doing heroics here and there. We haven't done a boatload of them, but we've done enough for people to go yep, that confirms I definitely want to play this class in TBC or there's no fucking way I'm playing this class in TBC. It's been fantastic, so do that first and foremost. But I wanted to walk and talk you through the loose thoughts I've had as I've tried all the classes. Now, this is not a class guide for you undecideds out there. This is you know, me really giving my individual thoughts and tastes to how I feel about the classes. You may share some of them, but you know, if I knock the class that you love over the next ten minutes, don't like take it personally, or don't be turned off by it, please try it yourself, because it truly is horses for courses. Different people like different things. You know, I might yuck, you'r yum. If you you know absolutely adore. Let's say, for example, Hunter, you know, and I'm very mid on it, then still go out and roll Hunter. They're amazing. They pump and if you like that play style, go nuts. You'll have a blastom TBC. Just because I'm about to say some things that I'm like eh on it doesn't mean it should affect your decision. Obviously that should go without saying so, guys, I basically sort of am locked into the Warrior. Now this will be making a lot of you laugh already, because I've gone from you know, Warrior to Rogue to Warlock to Mage back to Warrior. And if some of your Discord users were paying attention, you'll obviously see that I initially locked myself into the Ray team as a mage because I thought I didn't like majors, and then lo and behold, I tried them out on the PTR and I actually quite liked the Mate to the point that I was like, screw it, I'll play a Mage. But then a funny thing happened and a lot of majors signed up to the two Raid teams, and I thought, all right, look, I don't want to be that guy. I don't want to just add to the sea of majors when I am reasonably flexible on class, I'm happy to play a class that's a bit more you know, adds a bit more flexibility to the guild via dual roles in the Warrior. It's not like, you know, I love DPS Warrior. You know, I'm happy to tank occasionally, you know, not be my one fear with the Warrior. And I know this is going to make people laugh, but I said to a bunch of guys in voice chat over the last few weeks, I'm like, my greatest fear with Warrior is that you play a tank role and there is such an immense tank shortage in TBC, you for all intents and purposes, become a tank because there's just no one else. And you go from a guy who was willing to help out and tank occasionally when the guild can't find anyone else to all of a sudden always being the only tank fucker online and available. And you're all of a sudden just playing a role that you don't particularly have fun with, but we're willing to be helpful with. And look, I think I can do enough to manage not to have that happen. But it's it's it's funny because of the whole committed to DPS meme. I'm not trying to be that Warrior obviously. Like I say, I'm putting my hand up and going I love to try a prop warrior every now and again in a TBC heroic Let's then fuck it. I'll take a few Karazans if the opportunity presents itself. But I don't want to become the guy that, all of a sudden is doing it more than you know, even fucking thirty percent of the time. You know, if I'm doing it half the time, I'd kind of be like, ugh. But you know, we'll just wait and see what happens there. But guys, for all of you who are warrior curious, look Fury Warrior and you know, to somewhat of a lesser extent, Kebbab Warrior, which is the dual wheeled armspeck feels fantastic in TBC. It really really does. My only knock on it, which is gonna make you lifelong warriors laugh. But my only knock on the fantastic play style of Fury Warrior and TBC is you tend to just be swimming in rage. I mean, that's the whole idea of the spec. I understand that your fury, you accumulate rage at a higher rate than other warriors, but you get so much of it. I'm pressing heroic strike and cleave at a higher rate than I'm comfortable with in a way, and you start to see that rage build up and you really feel guilty for having it sit there and I'm like, I'm smashing my cleve cleave, heroic strike, heroic strike cleve, you know, depending if your single target or AoE, and sometimes it just doesn't fucking go down, and you feel really bad, like, oh, oh no, I'm sorry? Am I a bad warrior? And you know, as I say, you lifelong warriors will be laughing and saying yes, but you sit there and get the self doubt going. Am I doing it wrong? Because I constantly have too much rage even though I can't do anything more. I'm I'm flushing all of my abilities as soon as I get them. I don't know what more to do, So it's a it's a little like oddly stressful in that way. So maybe either you warriors will give me tips to rage dump in better fashion, or the advice might be no, Josh, that is literally just the lifestyle. Don't feel bad for having a near to full rage bar. If you can't get rid of it, you can't get rid of it. Don't worry. I'll learn to to how I'll learn how to drive the warrior better as I spend more time with it. But outside of that, look, I must admit I am super intrigued by the kebabspeck, you know, as if you don't know it. Basically you drive it like a few Warrior, but you spec arms and you you willed. It's a spec that came to prominence through TBC Classic four years ago. I am intrigued by it, but I did try it out on the PTR and I'm not one hundred percent sold on it yet, but I will play it more and see if I grow to love it. If I love it, I'll just switch and play Kebab. Otherwise I'm still a bit like very on the fence about it because it's I think people would say, well, Josh, you know, if you feel like you're swimming in rage and the button mashing a Fury doesn't suit you, absolutely play Kebab spec because I think theory wise, you get you know, the same output, if not slightly more with Kebab and you're not, you know, furiously spamming your buttons as often because you don't have the rage flowing through as quickly as you.
Speaker 3: Do with Fury.
Speaker 1: So look, if that's the case, I'll give it more of a look. But I'll just say, and this is only obviously it's different to rating, so who knows but out in the open world, it it felt slower, to the point that ability wise, I felt like I was trudging through the mud like I love Fury in the open world because it's just bam bam, GCD GCD no GCD left behind your fucking even though you've got, you know, obviously, the six second cool down of Bloodthirst and ten second cool down of Heroic Strike. Sorry of nine second cool down of Whirlwind, and you use heroic strikes when you can. I feel like I'm pushing my buttons on a very regular basis on the Fury Warrior. On the Kebab Warrior, I just felt like there were reasonably long pauses between button presses, which is I know I'm sending mixed messages here because it's like, fuck, Josh, which one do you want? Do you want a high APM or do you want low PM low APM? Pick one? And I guess I just want that sweet, squishy middle ground. But I will continue to check it out and see how I go. But guys, Warrior is a BLASTDPS Warriors an absolute blast. He's so fun in dungeons, you know. I repeatedly said to people that this goes without saying to World of Warcraft veterans. But you know, Vanilla and TBC, you know, the Moniker of the game. It might as well be called you know, threat the video game, because that's pretty much what you've got to look out for, and it's you know, doubly so in your TBC and your heroics, where it's just look literally, just manage your threat and you win. That is it. If all five of these people are able to successfully manage threat and not necessarily shoot their wads straight away, but also still do good damage while being responsible, then you will win the dungeon and you won't get wiped and all of that shit. So you know, as much as you you know, I whirlwind and sweeping strikes feels fucking amazing. You know, it's fun in a way just to know the right time to hit it, because you've got to keep your dick in your pants slightly. You know, I can't necessarily charge in straight away and first GCD instantly well wind after the tank has only used one ability. Like, I know you've obviously got your paladins with consecrate and whatnot, but I think it's still while I'm getting the hang of it, I'm still kind of like you know, maybe you just wait three seconds before you use that first fucking whirlwind, you know what I mean. Maybe you do open with the mortal strike on sorry, the bloodthirst on the skull target. Wait a second, then do your sweeping strikes and whirl wind while there's four or five mobs up and you know they won't all turn on you instantly and one shot you and then you fucking you know, give to your your group and they may well wipe without your DPS who knows. So that that's you know, as healers have to manage their manner and that's a fun little, you know, side element of the game. DPS has to manage their threat and that is that is fun to me. I like that little mini game of you know, knowing when to hold them and knowing when to fold them, I guess is the way to do it. But so prod Warrior. Look, I'll say, guys, that I said on the show as well. I really we've been talking a littlebout a little bit about this invoice with the guild as well, and it is to me, it's it's a matter of fairness, if that makes sense. With the tanks in this game, it seems a bit unfair. And this is as Laz put it really well the other day, where it's like you don't have to make all the tanks homogeneous, you don't have to also have like the AoE tank and the single target tank. There's a huge middle ground of nuance there. But like the more glaring aspect of TBC is how it just seems like unfair mainly with heroics is what we're talking here. The druids and warriors really have such a vastly different experience in heroic dungeons and paladins in terms of like effort and and you know, as Green put it the other day, like he was playing a bear tank and he's like, you know, mashing his buttons, tab targeting everything, fucking eying hell for leather. And I'm like, oh, mate, you're really fighting for your life over there, and he goes, mate, I'm not fighting for my life. I'm fighting for your lives and I'm fucking sweating doing it. And he was just like, you know, shocked at like how hard the Druid had to work to keep agro on like a four or five pack. And obviously a lot of you guys will say, well, Josh, that's the point CC is king in heroics. You didn't have a mage, you could have knocked one of those mobs out and it would have been a vastly easier pull. That's all true. I completely agree. I love that CC is back in TBC, and that must be lent on and planned around accordingly. But just in general, in terms of the stress and higher APM of the prop warrior and the feral druid, it does feel bad when they look at their Paladin tank brothers or sisters and they see the Paladin tank stroll up to the pack, cigarette hanging loosely out of their mouths. They press you know, their fucking uh multi target ranged AOI, you know damage dealing ability, which is effectively a group taunt in their their avenger shield, and then they get to fucking slowly mosey on up and take a few more steps towards the pack and just press one button and drop their consecrate and that's job done, and any fucking idiot can do it, and so it's it's this is not a rant about oh, it's unfair that Paladins get to AOI tank and UH warriors and drew and rowers warriors are more the single target tank and drewids or something in between. It's more the ease with which it's all done. And paladins get to fucking watch Netflix and chill, and warriors and druids are in the middle of fucking dnang, you know, having PTSD just stressed and smashing their keyboards. It's and I felt that when I try my Pro Warrior, I was like, look, I wouldn't call it stressful to the point it wasn't fun. I wasn't like, I think, you know, this isn't that stressful. I'm being maybe slightly hyperbolic and milodramatic here, but I noticeably was working quite hard. And it's not that it wasn't fun, but I was obviously sitting there going this could be more fun, Like it just just removed twenty percent of my key smashing, and this could be more fun. But having said that, look, I still enjoy the Pro Warrior every now and again in small doses. It's a lot of fun. If I did it for a fucking living, I'd be like, I I can't do this so for a prolonged period of time, But that's me. Okay, So moving on to some other classes, guys, I won't spend the same amount of time on every class. But this is just a rough like I said, off the top of my head, not a class picking guide for you. But this is me verbalizing what my class picking guide and choices have been. Like I said, I loved the ma age, love the Mage. I have historically hated majors in Wow, you guys, never hear me talk about mage, never play one. Don't like them. Fuck off, They're weird, don't not into it. Okay, Because I was in the spirit of trying everything through this PTR, I go, yeah, fuck it, all right, fine, I'll even try a mage. I was shocked how much I liked it. I don't think I'd be happy to have this discussion on the podcast with everyone, you know. But I don't think there is a larger dopamine hit in the game than a frost Bolt icelants combo on a frost Nova target getting that double shatter effect and like, you know, even better seeing both of them create, but squeezing those two abilities into the one kind of batched window and seeing the shatter effects be applied to both And I don't know, just nothing tickled me better than just hitting my CC button. You know which is. You know, I've got the same button for depending on whatever class I play, you know, Frost, Nova, fear, fucking hamstring, whatever it is. I pop them all on seven, hitting my number seven button, getting that frost and over off and just going your ass is fucking grass, moving five yards away out of malay range and just ce queuing up that fucking huge like dragon ball Z esque frostball and going this is gonna hurt, and then hitting the icelands as soon as the cast finishes it. It feels really good. I'd love to know from you, guys, what abilities you feel is in that S plus tier of dopamine, What feels the best? What's the best combo or button to press in TBC world of Warcraft? You know some of you might say something like a fucking I don't know what's another good one. You'll think of it. You'll think of it and send them to me. But I really liked it. I've never pvp'd on a mage, so I was slightly I watched a shitload of major PvP videos and I know the skill floor is incredibly high. Guys. No one is watching more TBC content or read more about TBC over the last month than me. I'll fucking take the PEPSI challenge against all of you. That's not to say I now know everything about TBC. I don't, but I'm far more educated about it than I was before, and I've got a pretty good lay of the land on a bunch of things. So I watched a shitload of majeed to PvP videos and I was like, yeah, look, I can see the high skill floor. But a part of me wants to say I could do half of this shit, Like I don't know that i'd necessarily have a terrible time. Like I know that everyone goes like, oh, be wary of mage they're a little bit hard to drive in PvP, but nobody really says, oh, fuck me, don't play a mage mate. They're only for the experts. You'll have a horrible time if you're ordinary at PvP on a mage. Now, I have seen a couple of you say, you know, I am bad at PvP, and I was beyond god awful on a mage. Like it truly punishes the bad players. I don't doubt that, but I think there's still probably fun to be had, like even if you're getting your ass kicks. Like I said, if you can just rip off that fucking shatter combo every now and again, that'd be enough dover for me to be like, yep, I, you know, got ten honorabill kills and died twenty fucking times, but I had a blast. I don't know, maybe, but you know, the arena aspect is a different story. I think I'd get my fucking shit pushed in in an arena as a mage. But yeah, that was one that the unknown of how I'd enjoy or go with major PBP put a bit of a question mark over it. I might love it, I don't know, but I'd not really like. Of course, you can say, Josh, you can play Arcane or Fire in PvP, no interest. I'm all about that Frost life. And to be honest with you, to be blatantly honest with you, if Frost did decent raid damage in TBC, I'd probably be playing the Frost Mage over the Fury Warrior, but they don't. I'm not as in love with Arcane, you know, even though for all intents and purposes you're doing the same thing. I don't know, It's just it's I really, here's here's what I wish, and I understand. I understand why it's not a thing, but I really wish that your shatter You're sorry, your frost nova or your freezing effects weren't taken away by the damage of other players in dungeons. So like if I, you know, throw out a frost bolt and I get my fifteen percent PROC on a freeze because I've got my three talent points there, and then I want to do my shatterw wombo combo on a mob in a pack in a heroic dungeon, that would feel really good. Now, I understand you can still do that, you know, if you're hitting the target that's not being focused still whatever, But for the most part, you don't get many opportunities to get your shatter combo off in a TBC heroic dungeon or in dungeons in general as a frost age. But it feels really, really good, Like I said, in doing so so like it's too tough because it would obviously it would fucking ruin. You couldn't have it in PvP. You can't have someone just rooted to the ground and damage doesn't break the effect unless it comes from the mage. That's ridiculous. But it would be really fun to see somehow that work in a PVEE environment where the frost mage could still confidently take shatter and be like, baby, I'm frost and I'm here you to fucking you know, rocks and faces. That'd be great, but alas that's not the case, and so you know, I still find mage in incredibly ten out of ten fun in dungeons. It's so fun being that guy that can save everyone. Having your improved blizzard one of the again, one of the even though I understand that arcane explosion is the better AoE spell over blizzard, you know, in TBC, it still feels really good hitting blizzard, depending what's going on. Obviously, you want to hit your blizzard if your tank is going to ask you to kite the mobs around for him, but if there's no need to. My understanding is generally you want to be hitting arcane explosion because it can pump. So look, the AoE feels amazing saving people. You know, if a mob b lines it to your healer and you get off that clutch frost nova to buy them a few seconds, so you tank and then taunt, it feels really good as a mage, you know, Marcus told us all this many times on the podcast before. It feels really good being the superhero of the group and pulling out all the tricks from your utility belt and being like, don't worry, guys, I've got this. I'm the Mage. It feels fucking amazing. I may well have a mage alt, we shall see. But if you are all, if you're just going to be spamming dungeons in TBC for fox sake, player Mage, your group will love you. That sheep is critical in heroics, but more importantly, they're funder play. They're just fucking fund to play. It's not just about crowd control. It's actually fun to play. I don't have as much love for Fire, even though I would happily, you know, do the fire. And I don't have as much love for Arcane. And I'll say this much. What I noticed was if you only have one character and you're just going out and farming gold, killing mobs on the one character you don't have olts, it feels bad man being arcane in the open world. I understand no one would ever level as arcane, but I'm talking about the situation where Okay, I'm a major at seventy and I've got Juel Speck, and I don't want to spend any more gold ever respecing. I just want to pick two specs and sit on them for the rest of my fucking life. I've got my PvP Speck and my PV Spec. But if you're rating and you've got your PV spec, you're probably going to be arcane. And if you then need to go out and farm in the open world in that rating spec, it's just to me, it doesn't feel good. You've just I don't know, man, I know there's ways around it, but you've just got mobs on you. You've got pushback. Yeah, I know you've still got your frost and over and every thing, But like arcane Mage is just getting slapped in the face in the open world. You're not killing things, you know, as quickly as you'd probably like, or it's just more annoying doing so. And the whole time I was killing things as an arcane mage A's seventy I was. It's like, I just wish I was fucking frost. This is ridiculous. But then your frost bill doesn't work well in the raid, so it's kind of damned if you do, or damned if you don't. That was a bit of a bummer about the mage for me. If you guys have any feedback feedback on that, I'd love to hear it again. Guys, I am not the expert on any of this stuff. I'm just a fucking average punter giving you my thoughts and notes through extensive testing on the PTR. Moving on to Warlock Love Warlock, Warlock's fantastic. My hot take on Warlock is that I really love Demonology. I know it's not like the Sexy Speck. I know everyone wants to go destro, you know, in the alternative to destro, every raid might want that one affliction lock, you know, PvE. I don't know if people will be scoffing the Demonology lock, even though I think they still do very decent damage. It's just a lot of fun to play. To me, I really enjoyed working the fell Guard. The fell Guard is quite powerful. I enjoyed more importantly having, you know, and this is not a secret, still having a rotation as a Warlock. You know, the destruction doesn't quite give you that flexibility. You know, everyone knows. The meme about TBC is the destro Warlock pumps and they just spam shadow Bolt. Demonology does less damage, but at least they get to think about their rotation and still cast general Warlock spells. It's great, get your dots out there. Do you think manage your pet?
Speaker 4: You're a Warlock?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool? I enjoyed that. That was fun to me. Everyone knows, but I'm just repeating it. You know, if you're going for the you know, fun per second spec, it's Demonology, straight up, no questions asked. It is far more fun than affliction and destruction in my mind. But some people like big numbers. They'll say, Josh, you're wrong. Destro is the most fun spec because look at all that damage that you're doing. Horses for courses you do, you boo. But I also one other thing that never, never, never gets talked about with demonology that I really liked. And again this talking to people who would be considering farming gold on their Warlock. If it's you know, the one with no olts or whatever, you never fucking run out of manner. And I don't mean because of life tap you never have, like you barely, you'd never have to life tap, which I really don't like the life tap lifestyle of warlock. My one knock on Warlock is I'm so so bitterly uncomfortable playing a class that is constantly at thirty to fifty percent health, where whether it's PvP or PvE, I know I've got ways to get that health back. And that's the whole josh. That's literally how the class was designed. It's it's give life, take life, risk reward. You can don't worry if you're half health. You just fucking drain life and your helstone and you're back to gold. Baby. I'm still uncomfortable with it. I don't like rolling around and pulling anything with low health, but Warlock kind of somewhat demands that of you. But with the demonology spec I was rolling around with a speck that still took to improved drained soul for that man of kickback at the end. And you know, again, I'm not reinventing the wheel here. A lot of you will already know this, But what I like to do on my demonology Warlock, when I'm purely out there mowing down mobs and farming gold in the open world, when you set up shop for an hour and go right, I'm just going to grind some mobs mindlessly watch a movie and fucking you know, get some gold here. I really really enjoyed sending the pet in opening up with an immolate you know your time it, so you get it either just before the pet hits it and taunts the mob, or you know, just after the pet hits it. Get your immlaid out there. I then would I went also in a weird build. You guys might think this is funny. I went down to shadow burn in the Destruction Tree and you know, drain soul in the Affliction Tree and the rest demonology, and I would go immolate shadow Bolt, shadow Burn, shadow Bolt, and while that last shadow Bolt goes out, you hit your drained soul button just so the drained soul is touching the mob when it dies, and it doesn't do any fucking damage, but you get your fifteen percent manner back or whatever. It was huge. So basically, for for four GCDs, not really counting the drain soul for four GCDs, the mob's dead and it virtually cost me no manner. It was incredibly efficient and I fucking loved it. I really really enjoyed it. You don't have the cast shadow burn on every mob of if it's awkward like you can just do you immolate three shadow bolts and it's dead. But you know, as I say, you just weave in that drain soul and the last as the last shadow bolt is flying towards the mob and you know it's going to kill it, and Bob's your uncle. You're done, got your manner, you know, refunded all your manner that you spent on killing the mob, and you're onto the next one. Incredibly fun and like I said, I enjoyed it in Dungeons, I enjoyed it open world. You can do sl SL in a different spec if you want a PvP. It's great fun. It really is great fun. So like that, I'm still I am tossing up what my ault now is going to be, and it is between Warlock, Mage, and Rogue, and it's you know, it's the same four classes, same three credit classes. Really I've been talking about the whole time, you guys know, over the last month, I've been Warrior, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior, Rogue, Warlock, which one I'm going to do? Mage came in at the last second as a contender, and you know, if I have time for an ault, I'll just pick between those other ones. But yeah, Warlock feels fantastic. Guy again, you know, it feels incredibly helpful in dungeons. You time that seed of corruption right. Don't be the fuck weed who just lets the seeds fly straight away, all the damage goes out and four mobs run towards you and your fucking poor warrior or Drewid can't do anything about it. Hold your dicks, just time the seeds well and your pump. It feels really good. So yeah, I really am two thumbs up for Warlock. Like I said, it's just the one thing, my one weird hang up about, you know, low health and life tap and all that shit. But other than that, it's fantastic. So moving on to the rogue. So, guys, I think the biggest thing I've got to say about rogue in TBC is I've talked to a few of you about this, and I'm I'm really sick already of how much rogues are getting dunked on all over again. And like, I know, all you meta fucking slaves are going to go, Yeah, whatever, Josh, you're a dickhead. If you think rogues are good for your raid, you're a fucking idiot. I'm not saying rogues are the best, but they are far from a class I would discriminate against. Like they're not doing no damage. You know, I just if I had two or three. I've got two rogues in my Raid. Okay, I don't care. I would take a third. I don't get I really don't give a shit. The guys do damage, it's fine, oh mate, they don't bring anything. They don't bring a buff. Yeah, okay, it's it's great. And look, my Raid, by fucking mostly accident, has somehow fallen into a relatively metacomp of like we've got ninety five percent of all the buffs and d buffs here, Like, fuck, that's amazing. That was not forced. I didn't be the Ogre guild leader who's like, right, everyone's going to play what I tell them to play, and that's it. You'll hear in this core coming up. I joke around. There is there is one person, poor Voodoo, who has been asked to change classes. But he did give me options. It's not like I forced him to play Shadow Priest. He said, look, mate, these are the three classes I would happily play. And I said, if you play Shadow Priest, that would be fucking amazing, and he goes done great. Cool. And we've had a couple of people who go, literally, I haven't picked a class. You tell me what will help the guild the most, and I'll play that. And I've had the benefit of saying to Ale, hey, Elemental Sharman, yep done, Hey, Hunk Resto Shaman, yep done great. Those three there was a little bit of choice done there. Outside of that, I accepted anyone who wanted to come to the Countdown Raid, no matter what you're playing. And a couple of guys have changed classes or speck since, but they weren't asked to do so. So we're kind of flooked our way into a metacomp. But in all honesty, I'm not fucking around. If we had stuck with like four hunters and three rogues, I wouldn't give a shit. They do damage. I don't care about. Oh, we don't have everybuff and d buff in the game. Mate. If you need all those buffs and de buffs to clear post Nerve Carra, I'll fucking pray for you, brother, I'll pray for you. Oh, it's not the points, not that we couldn't clear, it's that we clear it faster, mate. If that extra five minutes in Kazan means that much to you, again, I'll pray for you, brother, Like fuck me dead, guys, Just get over it. It's the third time through TBC. Fucking just I'm sick of this shit. I'm so sick of it. Rogues are fine, but more importantly, they're funderplay. I really, really really enjoyed just plowing through things, leveling and killing things at seventy on my combat rogue feels really good. It's fantastic, like Subtlety slightly less. Didn't really feel it with Assassination. Obviously, they're not really PV specs. You'll just be doing Subtlety for PvP. More than likely you can fuck around with mutil aid if you like, but you know you most rogues will be combat for PV and Subtlety for PvP. Subtlety obviously feels great in PvP, not so great in PVEE. Combat feels great in PvE not so great in PvP. It's just it's a lot of fun, guys. It's it's you know, no reason not to. I understand that if you don't have a guilt and you're worried about playing Rogue that people will judge you for it. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you they won't. They will, They absolutely will. It's the stigma is out there. I'm trying to fight it. I think it's fucked how rough of a ride Rogues get through TBC. I think it's really really unfair, to the point that I floated on the podcast the other day, Like you know, Alter, I would even put it on Blizzard to step in at the point at this point and do something for Rogues to make everyone stop spitting on them in fucking this expansion. A few of you guys you know, didn't like that thought, but like I'm just saying, in a classic plus, you would all vomit if I said to you, hey, guys, how bad we have one class that fucking nobody wants in PvE. You'd be like, no, Josh, that's a fucking terrible idea. That's bad game design. Don't do that. But then when I suggest changing Rogues and TBC, people.
Speaker 5: Go, no, no, leave it as it is.
Speaker 1: Oh, fuck, can't win here, can we? But yeah, look, guys, be brave and play Rogue. If you love it, love will find a way. But you know you you will get a lot of h Unfortunately, I don't want to. It's not misinformed community stigma, because they are informed, but they just care too much about it. And I think that, like I say, rogues, their DPS gets looked at as though it's zero when it fucking ats zero. It's it's decent, baby, it is decent. And I know a lot of you be saying, Josh, you haven't said exposed armor. Yeah, the exposed armor thing as well. Okay, look, guys, moving on to Hunters. Look, I gave the Hunter. I've said for years now, every Hunter post Vanilla is an abomination. In my mind, I think it's not fun. It's terrible what they did with the rotation, the play style of the steady shot Spam needs to die in a fire. I think it's ridiculous they Look what they did to my boy from Vanilla. One of the most fun classes from Vanilla just gets butchered immediately from the second from the first expansion onwards. I tried it a bit more like the Mage, even though I have my prejudices. I tried it again, and look, I'll give you this much, Hunters. It is more fun than I remember. However, there's still just that certain gin to say, wow, I can't put my finger on this is something holding me back from falling fully falling in love with the Hunter. I really really liked it, don't get me wrong, sat there with my beast Master Hunter did my steady shot spam and went, yeah, yeah, you know, actually this is okay. But I do feel shit number one that I'm literally just spamming steady shot. I don't like classes that just spam one ability and it feels weird. Man Ah, no, Josh, you'll be hitting multi shot off cool down, you know what I fucking mean.
Speaker 6: Like, it's just.
Speaker 1: I don't know, there's something about it and the weirdness with like even though it's a good thing, but like the weirdness with steady shot being a lock on ability where like, you know, it's it's like arcane missiles and whatnot. You guys know what I'm talking about. Those abilities that lock you onto the target and turn your character automatically and you can't really move or whatever while it's going. You can't like turn or whatever while it's going. That I like those lock on abilities, Like I love hitting arcane missiles and having your character sort of turn into an auto turret for a little bit, but when it's an ability that you're spamming feels a little clunky and weird. That's such a niche obnoxious complaint to have. But that's just what the now years long while veteran and me feels when I play the steady shot Hunter. So apologies to all you hunters. Look, you do a nominal damage, and you know everyone was, you know, sort of looking at our raid initially and going like, oh, you've got a lot of hunters there, Josh, don't think. Don't you think you got too many hunters? Mate? They do damage? Okay, we you know we're stacking too many of the same buffs or whatever and not bringing other classes that could bring more utility. I mean, at a certain point that fucking DPS matters. So like you know, we've even though we don't have a million hunters anymore, we had six hunters when I first created the Saturday Raid that's now turned into three. But like as I said, guys, I would have taken six hunters. I don't give a fuck. Every other raid can roll their eyes at it and go look at this idiot taking six hunters. I would have fucking done it. It's not like they do no damage. But anyway, look, survival is there, Marksmanship is there. They do have unique buffs. You've got your true shot, Aura, you've got your exposed weakness. But generally everyone will be playing beast Master. I don't think the survival and you can Hunters can yell at me for saying this. I don't think the survival and Marksmanship gameplay style is that different. But you're just gonna have different outputs on the meters, and like I said, the buffs will be a bit different. But yeah, just look it. It was better than I thought it would be. But you know, close enough ain't good enough, so it won't be the Hunter for me. Paladins, look, I just want to say, guys, look I like the Red Paladin play style in TBC. I do. I just I have the same issue with it that I had with one or two other specs, where I'm just like, I mean, I'm not okay with classes that have manner issues. I'm just not like again back to the arcane mage thing, and people goes, oh, made at pumps, and I'm like, but the excessive manner issues, No, no, Josh, you manage that. You weaving your frost bolts. You've got your manner emeralds, you've got your evacation, you beg for an innovate Bob's your uncle, and I'm just like, yeah, but I'd rather just have self sustainability and not have to sweat bullets about my manner all the time. And Red Paladin, in my humble opinion, has massive manner of issues Like I just I don't like playing classes that has to drink after four mobs. Ah, but Josh, you got your blessing and your seal of wisdom and your fucking this out and the other. It didn't feel like enough. I really enjoyed going out and whacking things with my big two hander as a ret I just wanted more manner efficiency. I fucking hate stoff like I don't sorry, I don't mind stopping to drink, but let's do it every fucking eight to nine mobs, not every four or five. It's just a bit obnoxious. Yes, So look, your mileage mayvery I'm not the Paladin of Ficionado. Maybe I was doing things wrong. You know, I wasn't consecrating every fucking mob. I wasn't being that guy. But it's still just made judgment and Crusader stroke and whatever. It just it seemed to go. I don't know, maybe I was doing something wrong, but I mean, you read Paladins. You know you can't shake Paladin fans off Paladin. I could say whatever the fuck I could to poo poo them, and all the Paladin fans would be like, obviously we don't care Paladin for life. Baby good go have fun with your Paladins. We need you out there, your amazing utility. I love you all, Thank you for doing a great group service. Holy Paladin I liked more than I thought I would. I just liked Holy Priest a little bit more. But yeah, Holy Paladin feels great in my opinion. And look, Prop Paladins again, nothing I'm gonna say is going to shake you diehard prop Paladins from the speck. This again sounds stupid because it's like Jock Josh fucking you know, pick a tune, which song you singing?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 1: The prop Paladin feels a little boring on the interactivity stakes. I just poo pooed the Feral Druid and the prop Warrior for being too involved, you know, spamming high APM, fighting for your life blah, blah blah, struggling to keep threat. The prop Paladin, in my opinion, is too cruisy. And I know that floats a lot of people boat a lot of people's boats. Oh mate, too cruisy, No such thing, Josh. That is exactly what I'll be doing, watching Netflix while pressing simply avenger shields and consecrate and just sleep walking through dungeons. I can signed sealds, live it. I'm yours. It's just not one hundred percent for me anymore. I just I wish the prop Paladin had one more button, and I know that they're still pressing buttons. Josh, you forgot about Holy Shield, baby. You gotta hear that fairly frequently. Yeah, you do, you do. It's still missing something. I just want one more button press for my prop Paladin and you'd sell me. But it just it's I could play it, but it's a little bit of a snoozefest. So yeah, that's me on paladins. Look, I just want to say this in general as a little bit of a buyer beware thing for all you guys considering healers and tanks in TBC. And you all know this already, but I'm just repeating it and shouting it out into the void, you know, just just for the sake of it. First and foremost, I'll say the easy part, Like, guys, there is going to be a tank shortage. But I'm saying it because I think there's really really going to be a tank shortage. And I know we say that every time a version of the game comes out, nine I know this time I mean it. There's really going to be a tank shortage. This time, I really really mean it, I think. And I'm going to talk about the nerfs after I'm done with all these classes. But I think that the incredibly bizarre combination that Blizzard has gone with of pre NERF heroics and post nerve Carazan, I just think that a lot of tanks are going to get their fucking asses kicked in these heroics. I think Blizzen has had Blizzard's gone topsy turvy, and in trying to retain the mental health of the casual player base of Classic, they've nerfed the wrong thing. They should have and again I'll get to this later, but they should have done the slight nerve to a few heroics and kept Carazan as it was, because these tanks are going to go through these heroics, particularly the two or three harder ones, and they're not only it's not just that they'll wipe, but they'll wipe so often and so horrifically. Not all tanks thanks just you know, from the fucking I don't know, sixtieth percentile down or what have you. They'll fail so miserably, they will have the life force sucked out of them. These heroics are so punishing to the classic player within the prism of the classic frame of mind. I know mythic plus is harder and all that shit, But to the rating dad or the casual dungeoning dad of the classic crowd, these TBC heroics are a fucking challenge. Then that I don't use the word challenge lightly either, Like they're just straight up they will be difficult for a lot of casuals. Okay, tanks will reroll, straight up. I just think people will get fucking over it and they'll reroll. Fuck this thought I was going to be propellered, and fuck you, I'm out of here never doing that again. Fuck you thought I was gonna be a prop warrior. I thought I was gonna be a fairl druid. Now let somebody else do that shit, I'm fucking going DPS. I just think it's going to happen. I think we're going to really struggle. It's part of the reason why I chose Warrior, because I think we're going to be so hung out to dry with the lack of tanks that I have to help some way. Even though I just said I don't want to fucking tank all the time for the same fucking reasons, even though I feel like I can get through it. It's just like it's such a bashing that people will ask other people to do it. So keep that in mind if you are wanting to tank casually, and if you take a real assessment of your tanking ability and it ain't that crash hot, and if you're like, man, I just play this game for fun. I know I'm not very good at it, but I want to tank, mate, go for it, but just be aware of the warnings I've just thrown you. Okay, like it ain't for the faint of heart. Having said all that, let's move on to healers, because I've got an even bigger warning for you, all your casual healers out there. I've touched on this a bit where I don't think this upset some of the healers. I don't think TBC is a particularly exciting expansion healing wise. I think the healing is incredibly one dimensional, monotonous, and not exactly brain massaging. Having said that, it is incredibly stressful. It is. All healers are the prot warrior and feral druid of healing. All healers because in these heroics again Prena heroics, you are fighting for everyone's lives, and I mean you are fucking stressed. You are under the pump. And again, not all healers. I know some of you are sitting out there listening to this going fucking not me. I'm a legend. Fuck off, Josh, healing is easy. What are you talking about? This is not directed at you, even though some of you saying that might rate yourselves a bit higher than you actually are. The Again, the mid to low tier healer will get scared off healing immediately. In TBC. It is not a walk in the park. It's actually pretty fucked. I'm a healing aficionado and I was watching healers in all the Heroics Idea listening to them go fuck, fuck fuck, and it didn't sound fun, and I was watching the lifebar of the tank going, Jesus Christ, fuck that spikiness, Like, just fuck that right off. He went from ninety five to ten in one global, Like what is going on? And then if you do anything but spam flash, heel or whatever on the tank, other people are still taking damage too, through AoE or cleave or whatever, and it's not like you can totally ignore them. It's stressful as fuck. Guys like TBC to me truly seems to be like you have to be in love with healing and not just someone who's considering it to mix things up. You know, just consider that when you're choosing your class and what to boost in TBC. If you are using the boost, I will this is a shitty thing to say. I will not be wild about going through heroic dungeons in TBC with people who were just you know, Sunday healers. Oh yeah, mate, I can heal. How hard could it be? I've got Jill Speck. Nah, fuck it, she'll be right. Let's give it a go.
Speaker 4: Nah mate.
Speaker 1: If it's all well and good, I'd rather get someone who actually heals, you know, semi professionally, because these heroics are going to fuck people up, and we're gonna wipe a lot, and you will cumulatively spend fucking twelve minutes on runbacks. And I know, I am, you know, Captain, Do what's fun and don't be better and play the game however the fuck you want to play it. But believe me, after doing all these heroics over the last few weeks on PTA are even the friendliest friendliest of guild groups will start to get exacerbated and crack the shits a bit when you've wiped five times because the healing can't keep up on a heroic. It's fucking rough out there, So just keep that in mind. Like I'm super aware I as a lifelong healer. Am su not lifelong, but you know what I mean, am super wary of healing in TBC. It just doesn't look fun. Holy Priest is a lot of fun, Like all the mechanics and the spells of a Holy Priest fucking great, sign me up sounds wonderful, But in the heroic dungeon environment, look, I'm still yet to try. It just doesn't look that fun. But I don't want to write it off yet. Maybe once I drive it, it'll be fine, and I'm completely dooming this thing that I shouldn't be dooming right now. So I just again I'm thinking out loud to myself here, guys, you don't have to subscribe to what I'm saying. This is just me being a dickhead. Okay, you know, apply all of that. You know, poor as we're saying, poor resto druids, Like what the fuck does a resto druid do in these heroics when you've got that much spikiness, Like, oh mate, I hope those hots tick on you soon, Like I know you've got regrowth and shits sitting right there on a one and a half second cast as a flash heel, but like still fuck me dead, Like it's just oh, it's brutal so resto Shaman's rest Resto Druids, Holy priest, discipline, priests. Just just keep all that in mind, please, that's all your heel is covered. Boomkins Druids. Look, I'm still shocked at how few people are playing Boomkins. I know the Boomkin is not like highly represented in any version of well, but I feel like it's alway, it's got it's really niche, you know, fan club and I can't see that fan club this time around. On TVC anniversary. Fucking no one's playing Boomkin. And it's not like they're horrible, but just fucking no one's playing them. We're really really shocked that we've seen so few Boomkins so far. But having said that, guys, look, I didn't spend much time with Druid. I'm not a Druid fan. I love Resto Druid, but like I said, fuck being a Resto Druid in fucking TBC for me personally, Marcus, if you're listening to this, please don't take any of this into account. I absolutely would love you to play Resto Druid and stick with me in Arenas. I love you, But yeah, Druid guys, I'll leave that to the Druids. Look, the feral tanks seem to love the bear eat despite everything I said. You know, cats love the cat, even though Cat doesn't get a lot of love in TBC. Nobody apparently playing Boomkin, and the Resto Druids are very happy because Resto Druid is good TBC. It's just like I said that, that issue with heroics is a little bit funny. I'm sure the good restro druids will shout me down and say, mate, Josh, shut up. Rest of Druids fine in heroic, that's fine, and they're obviously God's in the arena, so keep that in mind. Now, what's next? That's pretty much everything? What class did I did? I leave out? One, two, three, four, five, six seven. I've left the class out and I don't know what it is, whatever class that is. I apologize. I'll think of you later. Now, look, guys, I want to move on to the nurse real quick. I' pretty much said what I wanted to say. But I do think it's bizarre. As many of you noted, there's a lot of nuance that's not being explored here. I don't know why the raid is going to be significantly easier than the heroics. Why am I busting ass to gear up in heroics for gear that I won't need to clear an easy raid potentially, you know? And why why after three or four Carazans am I ever doing a heroic again? You know what I mean? Like, if you get like four or five pieces from your first month of Karazan, I'm still I know you'd still got I know, guys, I'm not dumb. I know you'd still go to Heroics. You know, you're still getting previous that you haven't found or like, you know, obviously you haven't got all the drops from Karazan, so you might still need a thing or two from Heroics and you know, Joshua need my primal nether's or whatever it might be. I know there's a reason to go to Heroics, but I'm just like this ass backwards oddity of like, seriously doing the Raid to make the Heroics easier is fucking bizarre to me. I don't know what the Classic team is smoking on this one. To me, the far more logical decision. You know, there's two worlds that you live in. Here, there's a world where they don't touch anything and everything is just pre nerve. We played that game in twenty twenty one. We know how that goes. You either make that choice again or you live in a world where you are gonna make some nerves. And that's the world we're living in, and that's why I'm discussing this. So, like the hashtag no changes, don't touch my fucking dungeons in tbc's in TBC, guys, I'm sorry that ship has sailed this time around, they're obviously mixing things up. This time around, They're obviously mixing things up. So I'll talk about all of that within the realm of this you know, universe where nerves are being made. So if we're open to nerves, why aren't we slightly nerving heroics mainly the two or three tough ones, like why don't we have the microscope on shattered halls and fucking blood furnas and leave Cara alone? Why don't we have post nerve Cara and fucking sorry, pre nerve Cara. You know what I mean? Why don't we have pre nerve Carra and post nerve heroics? And if you guys get up in arms, going Josh, I don't want blanket nurse to heroics. The difficulty of heroics is part of the charm of TBC. Then again, like Nuance Baby, isn't there a couple of little things that you could If the aim of the game, which it clearly is, is to keep the casuals happy, then why are we fucking flogging them in heroics just to make them smile? In Karazan, I'm on board with post nerve Vash, I'm on board with post nerve KT, that's fine. I don't care. That's fine. No, not many people, and I know there are people out there, but the minority, it seems, the minority of people are going, don't touch my vash, don't touch my KT. The majority of people going, yeah, makes sense. A lot of people quit when they were met with that challenge. So if you nerve vash and KT, fucking whatever, shoultz shrug. I can live with that. But like I said earlier, nobody in there, in the history of mankind, has ever said, won't somebody please think of the children? A nerve trasan blizzard went ahead and did it. Anyway, the arguably the easiest ray that's ever existed in our history outside of wrathnacs, has now been nerved when nobody wanted it. It's not so much that nobody wants it, but nobody asked for it. People are happily accepting a nerve trazen but they would have also lived their lives quite happily with a pre nerve trazan. And if you do pre nerve trazene, you maintain that flow of you know, doing the slightly easier heroic dungeon to gear up for the tougher raid as is meant to be. I don't know why we're literally doing it asked backwards, like, I know they're smart people in the Classic team. What's the reasoning, guys, what's the fucking reasoning? Because like I say, I predict. I'm sorry not predict. I presume, like I said, logistically, you're trying to keep people happy and subbed moving into Classic. Plus, this is about riding the ViBe's trained for the next eight months. Cool, Okay, If that's the case, I'm on board. Then why you're flogging their asses in Heroics because that doesn't line up with what you're trying to do. Let's keep them happy, let's make the raids easy. Or but these heroic dungeons that they'll be running out nauseum are going to kick the living shit out of Captain Casual. Why that doesn't marry up? So, like, I don't care. I guys don't see this as me pushing for nurse to heroics. Oh Josh is pushing for nurse to heroics because he' shit at the game. Mate. I'm fine with heroics as they are. I totally am. But as I said, in the world where you've already said, we are making nerve changes, apply them to the correct areas. If anything, all right that I mean, it's just I don't think a slight nerve to blood furnace or shattered her holes is going to make people go up in arms and quit the game. I don't think, Like, I don't know. Fuck if it was like a five percent damage nerve across the board on heroics, I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud, fucking anything would be better than what we've got right now. But like you know, I'm not going to fucking quit the game and take my toys and go home. But it is bizarrely head scratching, So Blizzard, I mean, I would challenge you guys to come out and explain this one to us, because you've got a bunch of lifelong players who kind of kind of somewhat and I know you hate armchair devs, but you've got a bunch of veterans who kind of know a thing or two about the game, pointing at this thing, going what why, Like what is the what's the reasoning behind this one? So fucking go on, take the PEPSI challenge, write a blue post, tell us why I doubledare Yer. All right, moving on arena, guys, Arena is a funny one to talk about because it was PTR was really really cool in that arena was just pumping twos threes, like we even got fives. I think everyone's doing arena. But but blah blah blah. But very important thing to take into account for the PTR. It attracts the sweatiest players. I read a good post today about the arena PTR, sort of breaking down observations from someone who reckons they've played a thousand matches over the last fucking month or whatever, and it was a good read. But like they sort of said, yeah, Okay, there's a lot of sweaties on the arena, but there were some casuals too, And I'm like, I disagree. I think that the you know, ninety nine percent of the people doing arena on the PTR your fucking top players. And to be honest with you, guys, you know we said this last time through TBC. I don't know why we have such short memories that That's one of my most infuriating points about the whole Wow Classic franchise as we now go through peat planes of expansions, is how short a memory people have for shit that has happened a few years ago, Like we just did TBC over twenty one to twenty two. It wasn't that fucking long ago. And people already say the wildest shit of things that are going to happen that where we've literally got the proof of what happened a few years ago, that it won't be different this time. So I just hear people going like, oh, don't worry, there'll be a lifestyle there for the casual in arena in PvP and TBC, I supremely disagree. Nobody is going to do arena and the only people that will be doing it are the best of the best. Arena will be a fucking nightmare for the vast majority of people. Now again, I hear all you people screaming, but Josh, they made changes. They lowered the costs of the weapons. Everyone will be doing arena. Everyone will be doing arena for the gear, and that includes the casuals. You are correct sir, congratulations, you're correct. The problem is I'm just talking to people who are actually thinking about properly, like getting stuck into arena. Those people will do their ten games and then fuck off from arena. For the week, never to be seen again. So yeah, okay, if you're spamming Arena, you might get the occasional game against the casuals just there for their points, for their weapons. I personally just think the vast majority of your games will be against top tier players fucking nine out of ten, of wich of which are better than you, who have been doing this for twenty fucking years, who are going to make you cry and have a horrible time and want to quit the fucking Arena. I will dick around with Arena as much as I can, but having seen what I've seen on TBCPTR, it was a huge turn off for me. I will do fives with the Countdown crew. I will do threes with the Countdown crew. I will do two's with Marcus and will have a great time, but I'm going to play it less than I planned, and i will go to Beg's more because I've worked out that there's no shame in this. The begser for me, where I'm just not as good of a PvP player as others, I can go there. I can make mistakes, I can do my fucking shatter combos every now and again and get my dopamine. Doesn't matter that I die twenty times. I've still had fun in the arena. When you're losing, it ain't fun. It's not fun at all. So I just think that I respect the TBC PTR does not have matchmaking, and that you know live will I don't know. Just you PvP players please feel free to somewhat politely shout me down on this one. But again, it's just awarding to the casual.
Speaker 8: Look.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying don't go to arena, but again, just clench your asshole for the potential pounding it may get in there, all right. It's just it's not for the faint of heart. It's really for only the best of the best, generally speaking. I think that will continue through this iteration of TBC. All right, moving on to pre patch time, Guys, I don't know if you can hear this in what you've just heard in the audio, but this is I'm not joking when I say this. You don't have to believe me. I don't really give a fuck if you believe me or not. This is a one take rant, and those of you who have listened to me for years will believe me and go. We know Josh is capable of this. But this is literally like what I used to do in court for years. Like I've now been speaking for sixty five minutes, NonStop at a relatively high clip, barely taking breaths, trying to rattle off at a relatively intellectual and cohesive in an intellectual and cohesive fashion, and argument moving from point to point. I will get very, very tired from this eventually, and I'll have to stop in about twenty five minutes. But like I promise you, this is unedited. I haven't taken one fucking pause, breath anything out. This is just pure verbal diarrhea from me. So thank you so much for listening to this, and I do apologize if the verbal diarrhea is a bit much for people. But moving on to the pre patch time, Guys, look, I am a little shocks that we haven't heard any news yet. By the time you hear this podcast, we probably will have had the news. I suspect it will drop. The Classic Team will be back in the office next week. I'm sure. I suspect it will drop Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, probably Monday Tuesday Wednesday of next week. Given that the pre patch as of this recording is ten days away. They don't have much fucking time left to drop it, so it's obviously coming next week. Look it's funny, I said last Friday. I was like, oh, I reckon for sure they're going to drop the news today, and someone happily reminded me, Josh, it's the second of January, you fucking idiot. They won't be in the office. And I was like, oh, yeah, they take holidays. You're right, it won't drop today. So look, it is a shame again kicking the pants up the butt for Blizzard. You know, it is shit. I'm not trying to say this, you know, with a smile on my face, but it is shit making people wait this long. Some people do like to plan ahead. People would have taken time off for pre patch. People want to know what class they're playing, what boosts they're doing, blah blah blah. I know this is all done by design to fucking drive the economics behind the boost, but it still feels shit not being kept in the dark and not having this information. We don't know if we're getting a two week, three week, four week pre patch. People don't know if they're going to have the time to level their Paladins or Shamans. We just don't know. We don't know what the fucking launch date of TBC is. Again, people want to take a week off work to fly around and have fun in TBC through launch. They don't know when that's coming. You've got to submit, you know, paid time off weeks in advance. And I know in the past, and I respect to a certain extent, Blizzard saying guys, I'm sorry. We don't make announcements based on how much fucking time you need to put in PTO. Sorry, And I've mostly agreed with that. I've been like, yeah, you know, you fucking this isn't you know the game that revolves around people's holiday calendars for the slim slim slim slim minority of players that actually take extended time off work to play launchers. I am in line with that thinking. However, I do think this situation has still somewhat taken the piss. There's there's waiting, you know, there's not needing to answer to the player base in that regard, but then there's waiting too long to drop the news, and you have waited too long in this instance. It's more than a rap over the knuckles. It's a huge kickup with the ass again to the classic team, And I know the Classic team doesn't listen to this podcast to be fucking just you know, dunked on and you know this, This stupid fucking Australian just thinks he's fucking pulled us into the principal's office and he's giving us addressing down. Fuck this. I don't need to listen to this. No you don't. And I'm not trying to be that guy, but I'm just saying, like, you guys know this, like I think that was a logistical mistake and the players aren't happy with you for it. So just you know, there it's been said. Whatever sucks, try and do better next time, all right, Although we've been saying that for years now, like you should have learned a lesson by now. It's fucking it's pretty ridiculous. The boosts guys, as I said, everything has been driven to drive sales of boosts. And you know that's that's the economic model. It is what it is at this point. That's the reality of MMO gaming in twenty twenty six. We are now this this game functions and revolves around people buying that Boost, and that's fine. I'm not you know, I don't throw anyone under the boat these days, under the bus these days for buying the Boost. Fucking I've said. I've bought one or two Boosts in the past over the last four years. Now. I'm not proud of it, but I've done it. And you know, Blizzard, you know, I don't know if I'm getting a freebie this time around through TBC, So if I play an oult, I will have to buy a Boost, and I do it. I'm not again, the price is disgusting, But as we sort of joked about in discord chat a few days ago, and what I've said on the podcast in previous episodes is I you know, perhaps again the suggestions don't come from this podcast, but I've said before, if I were Blizzard, I would make the Boost disgustingly expensive, knowing that every Wow addict there under the sun will pay it regardless. They'll bitch and moan, and they'll bitch and moan and then they'll buy it anyway. So at the end of the day, your your fucking objections are meaningless if you continue to buy the products. It sounds really harsh to say but I'm I still mostly stand by that, but you know, I will also say the price is ridiculous. I've lambasted Blizzard for years over the price of their digital goods, you know, things like server transfers, things like name changes are disgustingly priced, but they do it because people keep buying them. I personally generally don't. Like I said, I think I've bought two boosts over four years, which, hey, I'm still part of the problem. Haven't bought any name changes that I know of, but like, you know, I have bought a service swap, so then again, I'm part of the problem. So it's kind of like what can we do. We sit here and we bitch about it, but then we feed the beasts. So like, joke's on us at the end of the day. But yeah, I said, if I was a Blizzard and I was driving the bottom line, I had to report back to the shareholders fucking make the booster squillion dollars, you know what I mean. I'm being hyperbolic, obviously, but like, let's let's push them. And you are being pushed right now, and I'm betting that unfortunately or fortunately or it doesn't really matter, those boosts are still going to sell like hotcakes. So you know, it's on us to speak with our wallets, and we generally don't. And I'm I'm in the crowd here. I'm not trying. I'm not doing holier than now because I've bought Boost. Guys, I'm sorry, I'm you know, part of the problem. So they say it. You know, a lot of you won't like me talking this way about Boost, but that's you know, we've done the Boost thing on the podcast before and that's just how it goes. That's the economics. But anyway, look, it would be great if they announce a Boost only price because a lot of you have brought this up. It's very very obvious that they've only got the package there on the shop at the moment. That's very expensive. No, Josh, don't worry. They'll release the cheaper standalone standalone Boost soon. I hope they do. But in all honesty, I'm sitting there going will they will they? Like if they sell me a million of these boosts? Why would they? I don't know. I just I don't know what's going to happen. I you know, I'm not like people good choke and be a fucking idiot and go like, look at this guy, like begging to give more money to Blizzard is such a shill. I want to pay fucking nothing for a Boost, your dickheads. I want to pay less. I want the Boost standalone package. I still hold out hope they'll do it, but it wouldn't fucking blow my mind if they didn't. So let's wait and see. Guys, if you're boosting classes, if you are using the Boost, you know it is expensive. Just be sure you know what you want. Try it out on the PTR first. Don't just you know, please don't buy a boost, play the class up to level sixty three, work out you fucking hate it, and then you know you go and just feed them and buy another one. Please just try it on PTR first. I don't want you guys going broke over this stupid fucking game PTA three words PTR. I'm screaming begging you to try it. Guys. The I think interestingly that you know a lot of you have parroted what I've been saying, that you know this TBC iteration will be a lot of fun, will be together playing it and all that stuff. But like we're just here while waiting for Classic Plus let's be honest with you. Let's be honest with people. This is the classic plus waiting room. That's not the TBC is bad, but it's not like, you know, the greatest game ever invented. Sorry to say, TBC fans. I think there will be a huge drop off after phase one. I really really do. I genuinely think about ten weeks into TBC, there's going to be a lot of people dropping off. They've done their their handful of Karazens, they've leveled to seventy, they've tried and all, and they'll just go, thanks, got that out of my system. No SSC or TK for me. Have fun with that, nerds, I'll go play other games. I just think it's coming. I would love to think that everyone in our guild will mostly say together, we shall see. We've got the two raid teams. I'd love to keep fifty is fifty. But you know, the reality part of my brain is going, you know, the fuck that two raid teams could become one in phase two. We shall see. But yeah, I just think that. You know, we say on this podcast in the core coming up that September ain't that far away, guys. We're eight and a half months away from what I anticipate to be the Classic Plus announcement of Bliscon, and I anticipate them saying that you can play it pretty shortly after Bliscon. This time is going to go relatively quickly, I think, you know, Geo politics notwithstanding that may drag the year on, but guys, it's seriously coming. Okay, this is the waiting room and we will be playing Classic Plus. I think sooner than we realize. We're just gonna wake up one day and it'll be here. So let's have fun. Let's get through the TBC thing. You know, play other games if you need to, but you know, give TBC a go as well. If you're a Countdown listener, you know one way to have more fun in TBC. If you are considering dropping off after phase one, just play with the countdown guys, trust me, you'll have more fun. The community is fucking amazing. Sorry to suck my own dick, but we've got a great crew here, and it's only you know, when you listen to the call that's coming up, you'll realize what I'm talking about. It's abundantly clear that these are great fucking people. You know, they're so easy to manage. We're going to have a large guild. Everyone's wonderful. Dive into the social waters to put your fun experience in this expansion on steroids. I can't emphasize that enough. Stop being shy, Come say hello to us, Dive into a voice channel and say hey, guys. I don't normally come and talk to you, but you know, I wanted to come and say hi. We love hearing from new people. We're not pricks. We're not going to be like, who the fuck is this guy? You're not busting up a click or anything like that. The whole point of this thing is to meet new people and socialize. Come to the bar, come say gooday, don't quit the game, Jump in the voice channel, come to a raid with us. We'll sort you out. Okay. But on that note, guys, obviously, the next you know, hour and a half, two and a half hours that you're going to hear when I sign off soon is going to be about the Countdown Guild and the serious that the guys that have signed up to regularly raid and be somewhat serious raiders. And when I say serious raiders, I just meet in terms of commitment. They've said you know. Yeah, I'll rock up to seventy or eighty percent of the raids on this night. Let's fucking go. If you do want to be number one, if you want to be a part of Countdown, We're going to be a large guild. We're not a zer guild, but we will be a large guild. Just do what you got to do. Join the discord, hit me up, get in contact somehow, and come and join us, and come play on dreamsythe hoard side with all the Countdown crew. We'd love to have you bing bang boom done outside of that, if you're not just a casual that wants to join and chat with us, if you actually want to raid. I am in the midst now of building a third rate team. Okay, Okay, you might not. It might not have like a boatload of people that you hear on the podcast in the third rate team, but it's still going to have a couple of voices maybe, and they're still going to be good people. It's still going to have that Countdown vibe. I'll keep an eye on things, and you know, I sort of make the joke in this call that it's like being a franchise e of the Countdown Corporation. You know what I mean. Like, you'll get to use the countdown recipe. Take the Countdown people, you know, grab the Countdown vibes and apply them to a kind of build your own raid within the Countdown umbrella. Under the Countdown umbrella, I should say so, I will put a sign up sheet in the announcements channel of the Countdown Discord, a new sign up sheet and just say, guys, this is now. People who still want to regularly raid, please don't sign up to the raid sheet. If you're just gonna raid every now and again. If you're the guy who's just like, I'm happy just to pug a Karazan every now and then. Oh I'll fill in when they need me. Oh yeah, I'll just you know, if someone needs me, I'll be available. That's great. We will have plenty of pugs going. I have no doubt that you can get in on that fun with But leave the sign up sheet for the guys who look at the time and go, yep, I'm available seventy to eighty percent of the time on that raid night, I will be there. I want to be part of a core group. Let's do this. They can all sign up to the sheet. Guys, I'm setting. I am setting the time. I'm taking the decision out of your hands for that third raid group. If we fill it out, this will be a sun Night eight pm Eastern raid. That's five pm Pacific on Sunday, four pm Central. Sorry, seven pm Central, I should say, sorry, fuck this up eight pm Eastern, seven pm Central, five pm Pacific. Okay, on Sunday night. For European folks, that means it's probably out of the question. I think that means two am for you guys, So no Europeans will be in this one, I highly doubt. For you Oceanic people, on the off chance you don't work on a Monday, it would be a mid day raid if you're in Sydney, okay. So if you're free in the middle of the day on a Monday and you're Oceanya, then consider signing up. Okay. And for you guys in Southeast Asia, it'll be around ten o'clock in the morning on a Monday, all right, So keeping that time in mind if you absolutely want to form part of a fucking KIS countdown vibes, non meta, non sweaty, non passing, non gold buying raid group, sign up to the sheet that I have put in the countdown discord. There's already five or six people that overflow from the first two raids that I've filled out that I'll throw in and keep in mind in the third team. All right, so let's build that one out. Sign up no matter what spec and class you are, and we'll sort it out, all right. I'll make it work and help you. Will nominate a raid leader and I'll work with them as best I can to set their franchise up. Okay, So outside of that, guys, as you'll hear, my raid team has twenty five people. So where said, we're going to use the guild as a bench. So we'll keep an eye on people that are keen to fill in and pug where they can, and we'll give you some gear and come help us out when people can't turn up. And the that's the Saturday Night Raid. The Friday Night Raid is still looking for two healers and a DPS. I believe they have a preference for too holy priests and an affliction warlock, so bear that in mind. But they now kind of have the benefit of choice, I believe, so they would take anyone, but they have preferences, So liaise with LASM this is more Lazars and and you know, Vestige and Easies. Baby over there on the Friday team, liaise with them and myself if you need help and seeing if we can hook you up and fill out those slots. But I've no doubt those slots will fill quickly, so reach out asap if you hear this podcast. So yeah, guys, look, that's what we'll be doing. You all know what we do here at countdown By Now we're all mature adults. We don't fuck around like idiots, and we just have fun and drink beers together and you know, without being drunken idiots. That's what we do. Okay, So please get on board. If you're a longtime listener on of this podcast, this is the first time we're making a concerted, universal effort to really get a big guild together and do this seriously. I want it to work so we can simply transplant you all over to Classic Plus when that drops. So this is the test run, but it's really getting the steam going behind the engine to plow into Classic Plus. So fucking follow me to victory, everyone, guys. That's pretty much it look it's funny. I was laughing that this TVC anniversary would have been a great time for the Classic team to test out things like the shared group drops that we saw in Epoch that we're all demanding should be in fucking Classic Plus. Sadly, you know, they haven't done anything like that. Would have been just the best time to try it, not so much a good time to try cross faction because obviously on the PvE server, because obviously everyone's already got their guild set up and everything. But yeah, I think they really miss the boat on trialing shared group lute for this one. But we'll talk about Classic Plus stuff later, guys. I keep doing this to the Epoch guys. I promise you a big Epoch podcast is coming eventually where we review Epoch and sort of say this is what Classic Plus should have, but just just not yet. One day, one day, I promise. Guys. I've now been speaking for an hour and twenty three minutes NonStop. I'm fucking tired. I now warmly welcome you to listen in to the first ever Countdown Guild meeting. Get to know the personalities. I will be producing videos of these raids where I can you will get to know these people. You'll get to love these people. Please embrace them as warmly as you have myself and welcome them into your hearts. There are a wonderful cast of characters, and I will see you on the next Countdown to Classic after you listen to this call. Enjoy the next two and a half hours. Bye everyone. All right, you could hear a pin drop in here as everyone was being on their best behavior for minutes as I tried to set up the stream. And that's the kind of discipline that I'll be looking for in a group of raiders. What amazing people. Thank you so much everyone for tuning in to this episode of Countdown to Classic. This is a bit of a fun and special one in that we'll be recording the first of hopefully a few Countdown Guild meetings. So, guys, if you don't know, Countdown is putting a big old fashioned guild together for TBC anniversary. The reason I'm doing it, and look, I've sort of tried to do guilts in the past to you know, not much effort or success. But look, we fight it up in Epoch and it went really well, and so we were kind of like, huh, you know, the world wide Guild thing worked really well, and so I thought, you know, Classic Plus is not that far down the track. Bliss Coon's coming up in September. You know, it's only eight months away, eight and a half months away, and I would I'd love to replicate the amazing feeling we got out of the Epoch Guild in Classic Plus, getting as much of you guys from around the world together on the one surver as we can. So I thought, what a great opportunity the TVC anniversary presents as a trial run or just you know, getting some experience under my wings as a first time GM. To just bring the group together again, work it out, solidify some relationships, and then go into fucking Classic Plus storming. That would be fantastic. So I said, fuck it all right. Ordinarily, I've not wanted to take on the pressure or the work that you know, a guild leader generally has to, but I'll give it a go this time. And I'll tell you what. The last few days have been a whirlwind of responsibility and management and rostering, but it's been you know, fun for the most part. But I have called a guild meeting and we've got a shitload of the guys here on the call. There's about you know, fucking twenty of us here, which is fantastic, and everyone's just going to chime in, shoot the shit, and we're going to talk our hopes and dreams for TBC anniversary. What we're playing, what we hope to achieve is a raid. You know, we'll discuss things like, hey, hard res items, what are we going to hard reds? What kind of people do you think they should go to? Hey, what loot system are we going to adopt? Well, I've already made my mind up on that, but I still want to discuss it with the guys for feedback, so well, iron out the kinks in this call on just the general rating setup for countdown moving forward. Now, I appreciate that not everyone here on the call today may necessarily wind up rating you know, irl happens, that's all fine, But for the most part, a lot of these guys will be there with us as we go through the content in TBC. So like, basically, I'm just letting you guys be a fly on the wall, on the outside looking in, hearing how this guild comes together. But I don't want you to feel like you have to be on the outside looking in, Because obviously, if you're listening to this podcast, you are part of the Countdown community. We would love nothing more than to bring you into the fold. So while you're going to hear two raid teams that I've basically set up over the last forty eight hours, there's a couple of slots that will advertise for through the call that you'll hear. But I don't want you to think, oh shit, Countdown sorted. Now I can't raid with the Countdown crew. No, no, no, no no. I've put together two raid teams with not that much effort in about seventy two hours. So I dare say when I publish this podcast, more of you will come out of the weeds and say, hey, I want to raid with Countdown people. So let's work on building a third team. You know, I won't say three, four, five, let's just start on number three. See if number three fills out. So all of you listening at home that want to raid, and I mean regularly raid, not just like you know once every month as a pug raid, you know, we'll have plenty of those guys that there's nothing wrong with that. That's fine, But if you did have dreams of regularly raiding on dream size hoored with us. Please join the discord and tag and yell out. I am rostering everyone and putting this shit together. I need you to help me, help you, because we can build something beautiful here at Countdown, have it and just have Like I sort of have framed it to the guys as something as consider it halfway between a z guild and a regular serious guild. So you've got your sweaty regular guilds that have one raid team and do their thing. We're not those guys. We're not meta focused. We're not a small guild. We can't bring you that experience. But then on the other end, while we are a large guild, we're not the zer guild full of fuck with who don't know each other, five six, seven hundred people in the guild, everyone dropping and changing every day of the week. They're not a real guild. It's fucking bullshit. I hate that shit. We are something halfway between where we're going to be a very large guild. There's already two hundred people in the guild before pre patches even launched. You know, I imagine that's going to go up significantly once people get into pre patch and start boosting, so we'll get more people. Well, I'm sure we'll have pug rades going for the casuals, and I'm sure that we'll get more serious raid opportunity to open up for the people that want that. So contact me if you want to raid seriously and let me know and we'll sort it out. And as always, keep an eye on the discord notifications. All right, Having said all that, let's throw it open to this motley crew of dustardly raiders. You know, these are the personalities you're going to hear on the show for the next six months, doing things like raid breakdowns, kangaroo courts, laughs and smiles, all that kind of stuff. I'll be putting up YouTube content featuring these guys, you know what I mean. So the guys who there are two raid teams at the moment, the guys who are on my raid team, you know, their raids will be thrown up on YouTube. I will, if I have the time, edit them down for a more comedic, condensed version. So we'll try and make some of these guys well famous. We'll all have a bit of a laugh, and you know, it's just about having a good time. With the right kind of people, and I'll introduce some of those people to you right now. So, guys, what I want to do, if you will humor me slightly, let's because there's quite a few of us. Let's do this in like, you know, twenty to thirty seconds or less. I just want to go down the list and I want you to introduce yourselves, tell people what you're playing, and I want them to tell a little bit about you as your much as you're willing to publish on a global podcast. So you know, I might say, Hi, my name's Josh, I'm forty three years old, I run Away Podcasts and from Brisbane, Australia, playing a Fury Warrior and you know this is my third time round on TBC. Can't wait to get in with you. Guys. I love fucking heroics. Blah blah blah blah blah. Just give me as much info as you're willing to publicly get out there so people get to know a bit more about you, because your fellow raiders who aren't here but listen back to this podcast might want to hear it and get to know you a bit better. So Axel, if you would please do us the honors in about thirty seconds or less. Mate, tell us who you are and what you're about.
Speaker 3: Let's see thirty five. You get father to a young child, which is my main focus right now, recent transplant from US to EU. I'm going to be playing either an our team age, which you've already got leveled, or maybe an enhancement Shaman if I can get that one leveled in time. And I have not really played much of TVC outside of leveling through it one time, so I don't know any of the raids, so and I've made cook On out of my way to best not spoil as much as I can.
Speaker 1: Very good, though, all right, cost it yourself, hit us all right?
Speaker 9: Forty seven, lived in the Midwest and in the USA. I've got one kid who is much like actual primary focus for me. I've been a part of the wild community since Vanilla initially bounced around a lot, you know, and I've as the name states, I am a mage. I've been a mage for twenty years, so very good.
Speaker 1: Five shot mate, you been with us for years? Tell us more about you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've been playing since Vanilla, and I've been part of the Countdown crew as it were, since I think just before TBC, I did the one of the road calls. I'm thirty seven years old. I've always made a rogue and been making PvP videos since back in the day. I don't really anymore, but currently I'm in a band, I'm on three hockey teams, and so I just want to kick it back raid once a week with these fine gentlemen. As an affliction, Warlock can give the lucky Raid a cursive elements.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. That's the kind of info I want. Boys. What are you playing the band?
Speaker 8: Five? Lead guitar?
Speaker 1: Very good? And what position do you play in? Hockey?
Speaker 4: Center?
Speaker 8: Left wing?
Speaker 1: Very very good? All right, Jordan, do you want to get in on this?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: I know you're not on one of the right teams, but you want to raid with some of the pugs, maybe through with countdown?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 8: Sure, yes.
Speaker 12: I'm a thirty four year old engineer from North Carolina. Also have a one year old, which is why I'm not planning on being on the Raid team. Unfortunately, she's quite a handful. But TBC is my favorite expansion, been playing since two thousand and five and having played it twice now I can say for sure it's the best one. So really looking forward to that. We'll certainly be jumping in some caras with you guys.
Speaker 1: Very good. Can we move on to the if you don't mind me saying the actually named green? Right, what about your.
Speaker 13: I'm a stoner dad from Texas named green?
Speaker 14: You know?
Speaker 13: Fits played a lot of Wow. I did a lot of rating in SOD. I played SOD like the whole way through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell them, tell them what you told me before we started recording about how many SOOD profession people you've got.
Speaker 7: Oh, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 13: So I had a shaman tank and I boosted ten characters to just be dual leatherworking tailoring and just had all those cool downs.
Speaker 1: I got like ten k golder, you fucking degenerate. I love it. I love it all right, anything, tell us anything more about you before I pass it over?
Speaker 5: Uh, sell snack foods for a living.
Speaker 13: If I got some kids, they they take up a lot of time.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Just kind of chilling with the boys right now.
Speaker 1: That's the way, all right, Grimwaw throw it over to you, my man.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've been you know, listening for a long time, so I'm excited to get in here and hang out with you guys and do some rating, but I'll be probably playing a maje or palade and I guess, but I'm pretty new to WOW. Really, I've kind of just started with twenty eighteen Classic, but I played SOD quite a bit. That's where I really got into it was in SOD. So this is my first time around in TBC. Excited to see these have never been in Carozone or anything after that.
Speaker 1: Oh exciting, very exciting. Now, mate, you don't have to say, but out of interest, what part of the world are you from'm I'm sure if you.
Speaker 8: Said I'm American? I I live in Utah.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good. Now the fucking the troublemaker himself, Marcus, What have we not heard from you over all these years that the good people should know?
Speaker 14: I turned forty yesterday.
Speaker 1: That's relatively new birthday.
Speaker 14: May I'm a Yes, I'm a forty year old mechanical fitter. And yeah, I've played a lot of Wow. This will actually be my third time through the Burning Crusade, so I've been around for a while, but this time it is Resto Druid. That's the one that was locked in yesterday, and I think that's probably the best choice for me and the guild. Really, there's a lot of majors. There's not a lot of druids.
Speaker 7: I like the heel and rest I drew. It is just absolutely cracked.
Speaker 1: You know how. You know how I know we're rating with the right pack of counts markers because you just said it was your birthday and fucking not one of them outside of me said happy birthday.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, classy, it's actually it's actually probably still my birthday for some of these Yanks, you know, because like they're back in time, aren't they.
Speaker 1: So that's the second way. That's the way Classic countdown. All right, lads, hit us mate.
Speaker 8: I'm just here to wish Marcus a happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Ah, here you go. Now, so that that crawling that.
Speaker 8: I'm a forty one year old lawyer in the United States, and I plead wow very casually, Vanilla threw Wrath and I quit, and then I came back for Classic, mostly because I was listening to your podcast, asked from uh actually probably about a year before Classic even released, or a couple of months, and then I played Paladin Classic through Wrath played SOD, I was made a prot Pali and uh so I'm coming back for coming back for TBC. I played Epoch, I joined the Countdown crew in Epoch. Uh with you guys, had a great time, and uh, coming back for TBC for the third time now.
Speaker 1: Very good, Very good? All right, we move on. Mackotsu hit me.
Speaker 16: Hey, I'm I'm maggot to you, guys. Just call me Mac. I'm twenty eight, eleve in Las Vegas. I've been playing Wow for way too long, since i was seven years old, and I'm just excited to vibe with the boys in TBC.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 3: If you don't pal being the youngest well player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say you might be the youngest in Yeah, and uh, I've always been the youngest in Wow.
Speaker 16: So I guess I'm just used to it. I'll be, I'll be when I'm forty. Else I'll be the youngest well player.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 1: Very good. Mat, I'll getting, I'll getting, And you don't have to answer if you don't want to. As we say in Australia, what do you do for a crust? Which means what do you do for work?
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm just delivering for Amazon.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, fair enough, and what I'm trying to think what other bit of info can we get out of you that tells us a bit more about you. Do you play sports?
Speaker 16: Not in a while, but I used to play basketball. Oh, my man, basketball when I was younger. Watch I know my attention span so Fried, I can't sit down anymore.
Speaker 1: That's all good, that's all good. And so you might have said, what do you what are you playing? What class? What was that? What class are you playing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I'm playing a fiery Warrior.
Speaker 16: I'm just another dirty Warrior player.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's the way, all right now, Mazie, I believe is driving with Yak. So we'll come back to them later. Let's throw it over to oh Marcus, one of your favorites, Moose person.
Speaker 17: Hey there, Yeah, I'm a thirty eight year old father too as well. I actually have played well since Vanilla ironically quit in TVC after it basically ruined my college career. I came back and started playing sides. When I found the podcast, I pretty much bounced around. I feel like through all the versions of the game that this podcast has told me was the best version to play at that moment that I'm here.
Speaker 1: Shots fired. I love it. Very good, very good. Now, what was I going to say, Let's throw it over more? You've just joined, so listen to what we're doing, and then I'll bring you back into the mix very soon. We'll throw it over to og Pube Sniffer, who has been voted already by the guild as having the best to name.
Speaker 14: Yeah, and definitely one of my favorites.
Speaker 8: Yes, I appreciate that.
Speaker 18: I'm thirty five. I'm from I live in a small town called Selfoss. I'm just a delivery driver for a media company, Icelandic Media Company.
Speaker 8: I used to play.
Speaker 18: Basketball when I was younger. I was a high jumper mainly. Now I just do some weightlifting.
Speaker 8: There no kids my life.
Speaker 1: Green's a high jumper. Green's a high jumper, aren't you Green?
Speaker 8: I don't jump?
Speaker 1: Sorry dad, humor all right, no kids, Free to wow as much as you want.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I've played well since the original TBC, but I never really rate it. So I'm looking forward to bringing a subpower rogue play to the guild here.
Speaker 1: Well made you? You and I were. I think we're on the outside here where the outside is, because we're going to have to go and fucking, I don't know, steal some kids. Or something to feed into this guild.
Speaker 8: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: We'll have the fucking the No Kids Club over in the corner. All right, sales guy mate hit does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, uh so, I'm thirty two years old. I'm from Texas in the United States. I also do not have kids, but I am married to a beautiful woman for about two years now. I sell medical devices, so that's hence hence the name I played. Let's see, I played Vanilla Wow as about a ten or eleven year old back in the day. Played Restro rest O Shaman on the classic re release up until about about the beginning of Wrath, and I'm doing a feral Druid this time around, so looking forward to maybe throwing some tank runs in some dps.
Speaker 1: Very good, All right, Seg, we'll throw it to you. You're not signing up to the full time raid team. You'll just be available for pugs. But for anyone who has not listened to the podcast before and hasn't caught Seg on the podcast before, I won't spoil it by telling you where he's from, You'll just have to guess.
Speaker 19: See, kid us, I can't wait to see how many people get this fucking wrong. It's but uh yeah, forty years old. I have two kids. I run my own barbecue food truck business. Been playing Wow since the very beginning, uh once Josh came out with Countdown to Classic. I've been listening since the very beginning. And I've been lucky enough to make friends with a lot of these guys throughout the year.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa whoa whoa? Friends is a very loaded word, my friend.
Speaker 19: We'll say acquaintment, acquaintance with you know, most of these guys very good. You know, I'm a self proclaimed legend in my own right.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, we're all We're all friends here, brother, We're all friends. Sorry, you're going to finish up.
Speaker 19: I'm not just saying, you know, I'm excited that TBC was like my favorite expansion of the game, and it's where I first got my reading career started thirty fucking years ago when we decided to throw my life away playing this game.
Speaker 1: That's the way. That's so all right? So here, I am very good. TAXI hit us.
Speaker 20: Okay, guys, I'm a twenty nine year old public servant bean counter from Western Australia.
Speaker 4: I'm a new dad. I'm a new dad.
Speaker 20: Got a four month old baby, so the Sunday Raids actually six am for me.
Speaker 7: In wa, which works out pretty well.
Speaker 20: I'm a catter baby, but I fell in love with Classic in twenty nineteen. Last time TBC came around, I was a shadow priest and my guild fell apart on pre nerve SSC and TK, so came to try out Black Temple and Sunwell eventually, and up until yesterday, I was going to play Resto Druid, but now jumping into Ferrel and came to give that a crack.
Speaker 1: All right, Tarry yak, you're an Irish piece of shit who I'm going to skip over. I can say that because I'm a quarter of Irish. Will come back to you, mate, more more. I presume you get the gist of what we're doing. Do you want to hit us up with an introduction to you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 21: I'm from Florida. I've been playing Wild for way too damn long. I've been playing well since Original Vanilla back in the day.
Speaker 4: Have one son. I am a veterinarian.
Speaker 1: I've been why why don't you sorry, can I interrupt? Why don't you live down the Why don't you live down the road from me? You'd be my best friend. I've got five fucking animals. I need the discounts, baby.
Speaker 7: Hook you up if you come over to Florida.
Speaker 21: Hell, yes, you're You're a little far from me now, but yeah, I've been healing the majority of my time. And wow, I played a pretty much every year, played S O D and I messed around on the park full of litle bit when you guys started playing that and uh yeah, just looking forward to reading with you guys.
Speaker 1: Mate, you have just signed up to the monthly d M from Josh saying quick more my dog just started a little too aggressively. What do I do?
Speaker 21: Yeah, I get plenty of those text message.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good. I'll leave you.
Speaker 21: Make sure miss mister mister Mintens doesn't keep on eating charcoal or whatever.
Speaker 1: That exactly exactly all right. We've got a couple more Noubshi are you is your mic working or maybe not? I'm not sure. I might leave it if you're on mute, that's okay. And the last one we'll do is the fucking the giant piece of shit himself, Vestige may tell us more about you. Oh thanks for that introduction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirty eight year old tax account in the entertainment industry. I'm also state investor and a dad from Nashville, Tennessee. I played in Original Vanilla and the OG TBC, but I never cleared past he far tier five. I didn't play in TBC Classics. I missed that I'll be playing a shadow Priest. I'll be last in DPS and first in your Shadow bolt Heart and yeah.
Speaker 1: Very good. Well look, and if I've missed anyone who's regularly rating with us, yell out. But I'm pretty sure that's it. So obviously, you know, we've got, as I said, guys, we've got two raid teams going fifty people. You didn't just hear from fifty people, but we got the people that turned up to the first meeting, and the rest of them will listened back once I published the podcast. But we've got a good sort of selection of the guildies here. So what I'm planning to do, guys, is, you know, open this up. I don't just want this to be me talking at you. We're all here, We're all just you know, open to discussing what our like I said, hopes and dreams are for the guild moving forward. But also I will be reaching out to you guys as the world listens in for advice and guidance as I lead a guild for the first time. I'm being very open with the fact that I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, never done this before. I'm gonna make mistakes, but I'm I'm very open to feedback. So whilst don't get me wrong, you will absolutely be ruled by an iron fist. That iron fist will come accompanied with a gentle, open ear. So I hope does that sound about right? Lads? Am I doing it right?
Speaker 22: A benevolent iron fist?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Doing great, exactly exactly, Tarry Act, do you have faith in me moving forward as a first time guild leader?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I.
Speaker 22: Said, I kind of misread the prompt. I don't like we're time on TVC because I have a different girl Bore. Like I said, in terms of the aspect, I think for TBC there's a lot of stuff like with the guild blinkards kinds of which should make it easier. So like you have my confidence despite the factor austral In which, like I said, used to be a prison camp, I wouldn't really trust you.
Speaker 6: I'll just kind of.
Speaker 1: Thing very good, very good so much. Oh mate, well he has to be n now I've dropped the bit of Josh law on him that I'm a carterer irish. He's got to be nice to me, all right. So I will admit put opinion the guild bank stuff because I want to bring that up later in the podcast, because that is one area of guild management that's, as you all know who played with us in Epoch, that I am fucking clueless about and I really need to be educated on how a good guild bank is run and managed. Guys. Here's what we're going to do. I want to start. I'm going to start off with reading the rosters to everyone listening in, and we're going to discuss how you guys feel about your raid makeup at this point. Keeping in mind all your listeners at home, I've very much said to the guys, look, as I brefaced at the top of this podcast, it shouldn't be a shock The countdown is not a meta guild whereabout vibes and people over performance. Having said that, I'm trying not to compose stupid raids. I'm not being dumb and being like, you know, here's fucking sixteen warriors and two healers and a tank like you know, I'm trying my best with rostering, with people's availability, with what they want to play, to make it work as a halfway point between a meta raid and a fucking like abomination of a raid that should never have been composed. I'm pretty happy with how these two raids have come together so far. There still works in progress. Everything I'm going to say to you and read to you is not set in stone. I've no doubt people will come, keep people will go over the next fourth five six weeks. But this is a really good framework that we've got moving forward. So I shall begin and we'll coordinate with the Friday Team first, and what we'll be doing is I'll read you the names and then we'll sort of work out amongst yourselves who maybe wants to put their hand up for a little bit of a leadership role within that guild, and how you guys want to deal with your loot and whatnot. Okay, so this is the roster as we have it at the moment, guys on Friday, and sorry, I will say as well, this Friday Team, guys, this is a raid team that will launch at ten pm Eastern time. Friday or convert for all of you guys around the world. That means seven o'clock Pacific, That means sorry, nine o'clock Central. I believe that means four am Europe. That means two pm on a Saturday for Oceania. And yeah, so you know when I talk about this Ray team, we're going to talk about some opens. There's about potentially you know, two, three, four open slots. If what they need intrigues you as a listener and that time slot works out for you, please reach out to either laz or I or anyone from this team. Did you hear on this conversation to proceed? All your Saturday guys sit tight, although you can obviously chime in on what the Friday team is doing too. I don't care, but we'll get to us soon. All right. Introducing your main tank and as of right now, only tank. We're looking for a second one Protection Palade and Lazarus. The two heelers. We have arrest O Shaman Cred. We have a restoration druid rasp Berbarius, ten Malay dps composed of two Enhand Sharman mix and Ham. Two feral druids Kilixer and Sales Guy, four Fury Warriors campcy Makatu, Iconoclastic and Ubiquitous, a combat rogue in Schmik, and a Retribution Paladin in Lily. Now we have eight range tps signed up so far. Your Shadow Priest, Vestige, your Elemental Shaman, Easy two Destruction Warlocks, Pro and Mooseperson two Beast Master Hunters, Terra Blades and Juice Box, and an Arcane Mage in cast it Yourself. So if you're doing your maths at home, that is twenty one people signed up to the Friday Red so far. They are currently looking for a tank and three healers. Now bear in mind, I am waiting to hear back from a couple of healers who haven't got back to me yet. They might be away for holidays. I'm not sure over the New Year's period, but that's how we stand at the moment. So I'm going to throw it open to the Friday team. We'll start with you, Laz. Tell me about your general feelings about the makeup of that roster up to this point.
Speaker 8: I think it's great. I was hoping both of our ferohs would be willing to tank. Maybe not full time, but you know, whenever needed, and maybe a couple of our Fury warriors wouldn't mind throwing on a shield if we need a fourth tank. I don't need them to expect for it. But there's like one fight in particular and SSC where you need four tanks.
Speaker 1: Now, Uh, well, we've got sales guy here who's already put his hand up, I believe lovingly to jump into bare form occasionally when required. Is that right, sales?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I'm definitely down to uh to tank some of this.
Speaker 8: There you go, quick take the goodness.
Speaker 1: Take that audio sndle and never let go of it. Las play that back to him incessantly when he tries to duck out on it.
Speaker 8: The good news is you don't need to change your spec or your gear.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know what I signed up for.
Speaker 1: Perfect. He understands the assignment. I fucking love it. So look, it's one of those situations, lads, where you might have a few guys willing to do that. It's not all necessarily just on sales guys. Shoulders. Ubiquitous has said that he's, you know, he's tank curious through TBC as a Fury warrior, so he might throw on a shield occasionally. And help you out. As you say, You've got the other feral druid there in Kilixo, who's not on the court at the moment, but might also be a bit of a team player willing to do it. And you've got three other Fury warriors who are perfectly capable of throwing on a shield if I has to do so. Although I think we said Makatu, did you say you're already committed to DPS.
Speaker 8: Yes, but you know I'm down to help out the boys too. Every once a.
Speaker 1: While I can't even spell shield fuck you.
Speaker 16: Yeah, My sheeld macros consistently don't work because I always forgot to spell.
Speaker 1: It exactly exactly. Well, we'll open up to the crowd. So everyone here who I named in the Friday team first in best dressed guys, this is your chance to talk amongst yourself, get to know each other. That The general open question is be honest with me if you if you think I have fucked you here, please don't be shy and saying so, how do you feel about your raid composition?
Speaker 9: I just think it's great. I mean, there's there's a whole lot of different mixture in there. You know, it's not your generalized let's go to Wildhead and have a look to see what the raid makeup should be, you know, and you know after you know, like our like I said before, with our PTR experience with Kara, with a hodgepodge of you know, people put together, it's it's doable. I mean, it's post nerve.
Speaker 1: So I mean, well that that's been, that's been something that's come up a bunch over the last couple of days. Is like, I think people are under selling what post nerve Cara feels like. And with with all respect to Phase two and Phase three, yes, I understand Vash is coming. Yes, sounderstand KT is coming, Black Temple things will be a different story. Phase one is supposed to be a cake walk. Josh totally get that. But for Phase one, I mean, I don't think I'm insane for saying it doesn't fucking matter.
Speaker 9: Right exactly, And that's that's the best thing about that is, you know, I think honestly, car is probably the one raid from TBC that if you did play TBC, whether it was you know, the first time around there second time around, everybody for the most part's done it. Minus a couple of people I know, but it's not a it's not a smash your head against the door trying to figure it out type of a you know raid. So you know, and and everybody's gonna, you know, look at us and go for Fury Warriors. Yeah, why not? Like it's not hard, you know. That's this is an introduction to you know, the New Classic Expansion Anniversary, and I think we'll be fine.
Speaker 1: That's what I fucking like to hear. That's why you're a fucking countdown man. Promote this, man, somebody, I want to fucking hear that for Fury Warriors. I don't want you to say why. I want you to say, why not? Fuck it? Yes, all right, Vestige, let me throw it well, yeah, man, Vestige, let me throw it over to you. Mate. You guys have had no input on any of this. These rosters are completely of my own making. As I say, I haven't selected like a meta. I've just gone by availability. Were you pleasantly surprised or you know, left wanting a little bit by the makeup of this rostar? I thought there would.
Speaker 5: Be more Warlocks. Honestly, same, I'm surprised. I mean, I'm happy it's not like fifty Warlocks. But at the same time, I just thought everybody's going to be like, Oh, we're gonna meta scheme this thing out of fun, so.
Speaker 1: That the warlocks in the Mages disappeared.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and no boomies. I know, booms not like the most played thing, but I'm surprised there wasn't one between the both the groups.
Speaker 1: I did anticipate a lack of boomese, but it's it is surprising to say literally not one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought somebody would do a memespec just for fun.
Speaker 1: Is anybody is anybody here in this call, whether you're rating with us or not planning on being a fucking burmkin at any stage?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'll have an all book.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, king amongst men.
Speaker 23: I played on last time around, and I think they're quite fun. I liked it better than Ferrell for leveling. If you like dungeon spamming, I think it's a lot better for as a DPS class.
Speaker 9: I mean, you got your you got your boomkin, I mean five percent. I mean it's a big, big deal.
Speaker 1: It's a very big deal. I mean I wouldn't fucking sneeze it an, I'll tell you that much. So let me throw it over to mooseperson and ask you the same question. Are you happy with your little raid composition? There? Mate?
Speaker 8: I am happy with it.
Speaker 17: You told me I would be special if I played Warlock, and it looks like I am at least fifty percent special.
Speaker 1: That's the way. Did you think? Did you think you'd be swimming in a sea of warlocks?
Speaker 5: It did kind of seem like that, But yeah, like, I don't know.
Speaker 17: I've also sort of looked at all the classes with thinking everybody was going to play different things like whoever I saw online? I thought I would play another class too, But I don't know if I'm going to deal with leveling again after I've re experienced.
Speaker 1: This very good, very good? Now, laz, do you anticipate any dramas tanking for this multly crew?
Speaker 8: Now? I think it's gonna be great. We're gonna uh. I love the work in like multiple people. Who Ever wants an opportunity to tank, I'm happy to teach him about a lot of experience. And I've tanked a Warrior and Palada, and don't we have much experience on a Druid, But I've tanked with druids and know how to work together. So you know people who want to GPS primarily but are willing to, you know, help out. I promise I won't make you tank every single time, and uh you know, we'll get well, we'll work in whoever wants to get a chance.
Speaker 1: Very good. Macott two, have you got your macro ready to go to scream at one of you? Two enhanced Shaman to drop wing Fury.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I just wrote it.
Speaker 1: Very good?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: How many counts does it? Having it all of them?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 16: I just went down the list, copy pasted all their names and good, even if they're not my group?
Speaker 1: Excellent?
Speaker 5: Is it just is it just key bound to storm strike.
Speaker 16: It's it's just keep on everything one through four and on the.
Speaker 1: You have bloodthirst will weened Heroics strike everything, Wind.
Speaker 16: Furyury, execute my rage pot all of it.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good.
Speaker 8: Now, Look I can plain, gosh, yeah, please please everyone? Can I complain?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 8: Some priests?
Speaker 1: Well yeah I would. That was That was my next question. Is we're staring at four open slots for you, and because we're now at the point where the rosters have mostly been filled out and you can we can be a little bit maybe maybe we can be a little bit choosy here, depending on who gets back to us after this podcast. You got four slots, one tank, three healers left to fill. What would you like that you don't have?
Speaker 8: So I sent your h such a DM and the I could probably use a holy paladin, holy priest.
Speaker 1: Maybe, well we are we are waiting. There's a couple of holy priests that have signed up but haven't got back to me yet, so I anticipate them hopefully saying yeap Friday, no worries, Broom, you've got one or two Holy priest.
Speaker 8: Yeah, would be good. Whatever, we'll make it work on. Maybe a survival hunter, maybe an affliction warlock, I think would.
Speaker 1: Be good to go, very good, very good. Well wait, so well I think you're done for DPS. That's the only problem because, like I said, you need I know you don't need a dedicated tank for phase one, but you will need one for phase two onwards, So you still need a dedicated tank in there from the outset to sort of gear them up and develop that relationship. So that's one slot gone. Then you got three heelers and everything else is gone unless you want a four heeler, which he said you don't want to do, right, I'll tell you.
Speaker 9: Why don't forget a man though, we need a dedicated tank.
Speaker 1: For card exactly. Yeah, you need the second tank course.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so definitely, yeah, I mean I definitely we we get three heel phase four, but I don't want to because we have you know, maybe we might have pre nerve tier five and tier six and son. Well, so I want to get used to five healing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 1: Need Okay, so you'd prefer.
Speaker 8: I didn't necessarily say all those things, but you know those are the things that we No.
Speaker 1: No, that's okay.
Speaker 8: Probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're full of melee. You got ten melee. So you'd love a holy paladin. You'd love to holy priests. If you have to pick a tank, you would want to.
Speaker 8: Faire arrest arresto shaman. Yeah, arrest shaman. That'd be fine. Yeah. Basically, takes are all good like player over class, what comes to healer?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, all good? All right, Well look here's the next big question for you, and this is where I want to hear from all of you guys, not just saying sorry, I am directing a lot of questions at lads, but I don't I don't necessarily want to. And this is where you guys have to sort this out amongst yourselves, and you don't have to do it today. You will have to sort out like you know, a bit of a raid leader, a bit of a leadership group. So I don't I'm really not intending to give the impression that I have like dubbed lads the head of this team. If you guys want a different leader, say so. I'm just talking to him for now as like a stand in. Presumed lads will probably want to take somewhat of a leadership role kind of thing. Lads, do you want to raid lead or not?
Speaker 8: My preferred role would be like management and like rosters and maybe guild bank and you know, just as a tank, maybe an assistant lead. Yeah, but I would like to have like a kind of a shot caller that's not the main tank because it's kind of hard to watch everybody else what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 8: I think like I don't mind being the raid leader, but I would like someone to either be the main or to at least help me out to like shot call for that's okay.
Speaker 1: I think I've deliberately like I think the Friday raid is a little bit more like serious than the Saturday I've sort of dubbed this Saturday raid as the sort of more you know, fucking casual, chilled out raid, and the Friday raid is only only slightly a little bit more into the rating scene. So you've got a few guys there who probably won't mind helping you out, Like you know, I don't want to name names, but I can already think of two or three people that'll probably be more than fine with going. Yeah, mate, I'll help you out making calls, so I wouldn't stress too much on that front, but yeah, yeah, I'll leave you guys to sort it out amongst yourselves. Then the next big question is, so ideally, when you go off, you sort of say, look, this personal raid lead, this personal assist raid lead. I mean, you guys know how it's fucking done. You know, have your little team of four or five sort of leaders or whatever, the people I'd like you to come up with and tell me if this is a good or bad suggestion. Laz, We've talked about the sr HR system and guys, just to say it out loud again, all Countdown raids will be operating on a sorry knee greed plus SR system. The caveat to the system is that if you s are one particular item or sorry, if you SR items in consecutive weeks without breaking the chain, like you have to keep reserving the item, you will cumulatively add a plus ten to your role. Now, I'm happy to take feedback on that plus ten whether you think it should be plus five or a plus fifteen. I think plus ten sounds about right. But Laz, does that sound about right to you?
Speaker 8: Yeah? That system sounds great to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So let me explain the reasoning behind the system. It's because we're not a fucking hardcore, sweaty gild and we are full of you know, adults who are pretty mature and aren't going to fucking cry and silk over loose. I just thought that that combo of uh, you know roles, regular roles need greed and two srs is a good fit for us. But it also gives people that chase item if they want it, there will be half a dozen items hard rest. But if you're like, look, I really really really want you know, the first fucking you know, nazarethim another zim fucking mind blade or whatever, that drops off prints whatever whatever it fucking is, you know what I mean, or malcazine that drops off prints. If you start soft resting that every week, you know by week three you've got plus thirty two year roles, which pretty much doesn't assure you of it, but is a great fucking leg up. It rewards the people who turn up continuously and keep reserving the same thing, and not to the point that I think it can be abused, you know, or anything like that, or used on an item that is going to make people upset. Like I said, we're putting aside the big ticket items for hard reds.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I want to know from you guys first and foremost, I presume, but speak up if not that everyone in the raid is okay with that lose system. Is there anyone who's you know, really unhappy hearing that? No? Does everyone think that you know, just rolls and SR is fine with you guys.
Speaker 3: As long as I wasn't here for this star? But how many are you thinking of doing too?
Speaker 5: But but yeah, is that as long as you got some add on tracking this thing so it's easy to figure out gogle goggle tracks.
Speaker 8: It would you want like in Tier four, would you want like one for Bag and one for Gruel or two total or one total.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm open. That's where I'm open to feedback, and I'll be led by you guys. What do you think is a good number.
Speaker 8: I'll just trot it out there. I think one one good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I would have assumed.
Speaker 8: Because otherwise than everyone has everyone has an s R, and then it doesn't become an SR, it just becomes everyone rolling again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Yeah. So so two in two in the ten man's and one in the twenty five man's Does that makes sense?
Speaker 9: Mm hmm to me?
Speaker 8: But I don't. I don't know if anyone feels differently.
Speaker 1: So when you when you move on to when you move on to S, s C and t K, does it stay at one or become two in the twenty five man, I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: I think it should be two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think at that point yeah, yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 8: You got the ten bosses like six, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, that makes sense. Yeap. So so basically Gruel and mag are the only ones where you get one s R.
Speaker 3: So that's fine, one per or one total across.
Speaker 1: Balls, that's one total across both. Wouldn't it be.
Speaker 8: My proposals one for both?
Speaker 1: But I would have thought one for both. And then you split up into your karras and groups and you get two reserves in Kra. Would that Does that sound right? Crickets?
Speaker 8: I'm okay with one reserve in Karra, but or two, like, I don't really care either way.
Speaker 1: I again, I'm I'm open to being led by you guys. Is it tell me it was not that much loot in Cara?
Speaker 8: I would propose one, but I don't feel strongly about it.
Speaker 1: So then you go one in Cara. But then because the yeah, you go one in Karra and one in the twenty five man's and that's your two reserves total for the week. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense to me.
Speaker 9: In Kara, I always generally, did you know, the one s R and then plus one need agreed? So I mean generally at that point, I mean, you know, unless obviously somebody else doesn't need the loot.
Speaker 1: But that's that's not that I think that makes sense. That did. Sorry, I'm just wrapping my head around it. Yeah, it's like you get two weekly shs and I mean we'll quite frankly, you can fucking use them how you say fit, but you kept it one for the twenty.
Speaker 9: Five man shit, right, And then usually what would happen is say, uh, you're in car and nobody's software software reserved something and then you you did the you know, your mainspect of aspected before you.
Speaker 1: Know, yay, Yeah that's a simple role.
Speaker 9: And you got your need. Yeah it's just a simple role. But if you already got your need, then you can't roll anymore of that rate unless it's on something that's for an offspect and everybody agrees on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So that's that's the part that I'm less familiar with.
Speaker 3: So I've not really we're just trying to describe a plus one system.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never used a plus one system, and I know they're very popular, but I'm unfamiliar with them. So you guys tell me what you think we should do.
Speaker 3: There's pluses and minuses, so it kind of it disincentivizes people actually rolling need, so a lot more gear goes to greed when it might have actually been an upgrade for somebody. But people don't necessarily want their plus one because they're waiting on the bigger item. That they don't want to have a plus one against when they roll on it. But on the counter to that, it distributes gear slightly more evenly, right, so you don't just get one person just gets a lucky day and rolls away with six pieces of gear.
Speaker 1: Then the third this is not as popular. But then obviously you got the second option, which is not the plus one system. Just obviously everyone go health for leather and roll need grade on whatever the fuck you want. And then there's the third option of this will be a bit more delicate, and again I'm happy to be told shut the fuck up, Josh, that'll never work. But you've got the third option, which is not a plus one system. Just do rolls, but also have the group the ray sort of say hey man, you've you've won a piece already, Like sorry, you've won two pieces already. Maybe we're not you know you Okaine not to roll on the third or you know, do like kind of like Marshal the dving out yourselves or do you think that's asenine.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's asenine. It's just without a set rule, you can't it's not something that's policeable, right, So it's it's purely vibes and purely just like, hey, it don't be a.
Speaker 1: Cunt, like, well, yeah, and that's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 10: One thing I do want to say about the plus one system though, and I really do enjoy it, and I'm done with previous skills. Just one thing to just kind of remember is like occasionally there's gonna be super rare items that like it almost feels unfair if you're at a plus one, like for example, say we're doing Sunken Temple and the hunter bow drops. Well, like if you're a hunter and you already got like two pieces to say, you're like plus one or plus two, it's really sad if you can't roll on the legendary bow.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my personal solution is, I think a plus if one system works really well the more soft reserves you have, because then you have more ability to really go like I want that, and then you know you're less disincentivized to not roll need on a piece of gear. That's an upgrade because you know the thing that you actually care about is one of your like upteenth million soft reserves.
Speaker 1: But I don't I'll tell you what I'm strong it's up to you, guys. I'm leaning my initial thought was regular roles plus s are and just that don't be a cunt rule dictating the regular roles, Like if blatantly like to, you know, have the group kind of shame or you know, talk the person out of rolling on the fucking third or fourth epic that they're going to win that week, you know what I mean, when there's other people there that have got nothing that they shared armor class with. But if you guys sort of say, Josh, that's wonderful in theory, this utopia you've created for yourself in your mind, but it doesn't exist in reality, then so be it. But I would have thought if there's any guild that could pull it off, it would be us.
Speaker 8: I think we can. I think the only problem that I see is if we have to bring in a pug, Like if we're messing one person or two people and you have to bring them in, then they could take advantage.
Speaker 7: So my experience is.
Speaker 14: Like that, that is like, I think you're right, if any guild can pull it off, it'll be this one. But man like, when it comes to loot, motherfuckers just go Like Black Friday sales mad when it comes to Sometimes it's just a particular piece that they want and like that person won't be problematic for like two raid tears, and then they've been waiting for this the entire expansion and then all of a sudden they get done out by something that they don't feel quite right, and or they've won three pieces of gear and they're kind of expected to pass this other item over and they just go fucking battie over it, man, Like it's it's like sitting around with heaven made with the pin out of it and the lever taped and just sit that in the sun and like maybe that tabe will hold out, or maybe it'll degenerate and fly off and explode and get everybody.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so am I begging for trouble if we if we go with anything but plus one markers?
Speaker 14: Potentially yes, But again I don't want to say that anybody in this guild is that bloke, But like that bloke could definitely be in the guild, you know.
Speaker 1: But the thing that well, yeah, Vooter, as he cleansed his story, but wouldn't the beauty of that then be that that bloke finds himself without a guild the next day.
Speaker 14: Correct, if that's the path you want to take, if that's how you want to.
Speaker 3: Ruthless, would we rather just have them have like acted good to begin with because of some slight constraints imposed with our vote system, and then they don't have to get kicked out of the guild and they never turned into a count because there were clearly defined rules that were I feel like setting expectations ahead of time is ultimately the key to not disappointing people, and so relying on a very nebulous rule that is very open to interpretation is not a good way to set.
Speaker 1: Up that's fair. And look, I don't want to give console potential constant tools with which to exacerbate their continas. So look again.
Speaker 3: It's my proposal. You just two plus one and you just give extra soft reserves and if people really care, like they can just PLoP two sauce feeds on the item they really care about, you know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And see the one thing like regarding like legendaries and stuff like that, that is the one time that I've honestly, you know, because it is so such a rare drop that you know that at that point would be a for me, we'd always did a common census amongst the raid as a whole of who depending on who gets it is where it benefits three the most.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think fall under the hard reserves, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, right right, exactly.
Speaker 3: Like whur glaves aren't going to be a for a role, I don't think, or if so.
Speaker 1: If if we're putting the proverbial condom on and having safe guild sex to protect ourselves, plus one is the way to go. Is that what we're saying?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm yeah. And if I could add just the downside to plus one that I found is that even though I advocate for it, is that people might hold their roles, but if they do, then about.
Speaker 1: You can police, but you can police that as well. You can tell someone that's an upgrade, roll on it.
Speaker 8: I agree. And then also like shards are valuable to the guilding shards. So now plus one and also.
Speaker 9: Yeah, right, so if if say say that there's say something drops and there's a an uncontested need role, would you count that against that person for that being a need role? If it's an uncontested.
Speaker 1: That's that's a good question.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's yeah, because that's ten man, it's going to be a lot of uncontested stuff.
Speaker 1: Right, So so they've blown the wall something that was uncontested.
Speaker 9: They're they've blown right, it was uncontested. So what I've done in the past is it was an uncontested need role. Okay it would be It would then be a minus ten or a minus five on their next need roll on something. See what I mean Instead of.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not, I can tell you I will not be loot mass. I will not be loot loot mass. I won't be track of that. So whoever is going to be doing it is to keep track of it. So I'm not going to be taking and loot. So I don't care whatever loop system doesn't really affect me that much, you know what I mean. Like, that's a lot to track. So I'm not I mean, right, go for my feelings, Go for whoever wants.
Speaker 1: To people with someone going to jump in there, if that's just my opinion.
Speaker 17: I was just about to say, essentially, I feel like our guild kind of went through this back and forth as well. I honestly like both of these systems. I have zero issue with everything everyone's described here. The only thing I was gonna say is, as someone who has had to manage it in the past, Like, I don't know how many people actually have an issue with the original just srs.
Speaker 1: With the uh like, uh, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 17: The consecutive SR is getting you bonus roles like and no plus ones. It just it does like I'm not sure I get the I know the cons to that, but I guess do people have real problems?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If if nobody was screaming for plus one initially and nobody cares, I see what he's saying, Moose, Yeah.
Speaker 17: It's just less stuff to keep up with, is all. Like I I don't want to be that person either.
Speaker 1: And no, no, I agree. And the less the less we're putting on management shoulders the fucking better. So it's almost like, is it worth Is it worth the one rare time when someone's a dickhead and rolls on too much stuff for the rest of the time that you're enjoying a stress for a non plus one life? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Exactly?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I thinks ones though, So it's not like it's that much to manage.
Speaker 8: Yeagle Gargle tracks the plus one. That's why that's what I was thinking of.
Speaker 25: Actually had I actually had a quick question about so, like the bonus rolls that we're talking about at the beginning, like can you bank those or like is it per tier you know, like let's say through KRA, through S S C T K, you know BT Hydel.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 1: No, No, you're soft dressing stuff for that tea you're doing, and you're resing one like I'm raising a let's say a gruel item. Let's say it's dragon'sflye trophy. I'm resting that from week one and I reads it fucking eight weeks in a row, so I'm basically guaranteed drops. Yeah, it's just no, it's a per item. It's it's not like a it's not like a buff that you're putting on yourself for anything that drops. It's a per item thing.
Speaker 13: RNG protection is how I like to think of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it doesn't sound too bad. Yeah, are you guys rolling after each boss for items or is it like half way through like the instance.
Speaker 1: With with the Saturday Friday Ray can do whatever they want with the Saturday Raid. I'm going to say to the guys if they're okay with it, I will be distributing. We'll take care of loot once we down the boss just knock it out while we're while we're you know, sitting there drinking up or running to the next pack. I don't want to do loot at the end personally in my Saturday raid, but the Friday guys can do what they want.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's just easier to distribute it as were running the next next available area. Honestly, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Would say the maybe grolling mag you might want to do both at the end, all right, So yeah, the high ticket first.
Speaker 5: I personally hate distributing loot while I'm playing, Like, I don't like pulling packs and doing stuff and trying to roll stuff out and worry I'm gonna miss something and.
Speaker 8: I sounds like a healer mane.
Speaker 5: Look yeah, well yeah, I've done that before where I'm like not paying attention so I'm trying to keep somebody alive because I did something stupid and then all of a sudden it's like, oh shit, no, I needed to roll on that.
Speaker 1: That's up to you guys. So I'm ultimately like, las, what I'm getting at is I want you guys to mostly abide by the same rules that the Saturday radis. So with someway uniform. If there's you know, people chopping and changing whatever they know the drill. But I will say, like, look, having now talked to everyone personally, I think that I'm going to go with no plus one in the Saturday raid. We're just going to do the two soft resors and the regular rolling. But you guys, if for some reason you want to do plus ones in Fridays, I'm going to leave that up to you.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, i'll see if it's okay with you, I'll see who is going to volunteer the master Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so I'm not You don't have to make your mind up now, just just have a think about it, all right.
Speaker 8: Cool, So I think gargle that ad On can can track it. But yeah, I don't want to put too much on the master leader.
Speaker 1: So let's let's jump over to the old. If everyone's everyone sounds mostly happy with that. No one's like fuck this. Any fucking raid that does soft resors won't have me in it. You're all fucking casuals. Fuck you. Everyone seems pretty okay with's what we're doing. Like we said, everyone's sweaty days are behind them. No one gives a shit, it's our third time through TBC. We all just want to have fun together and no one gives a fuck. The whole point of this, this Raid Team one and two is that I don't want anyone in these raid teams who's going to sook over loot. Look, there might be some things that, like, you know, you get into, like, hey man, I do actually think that'd be better for me? Oh is it better for you? It might be better for me. Like that stuff will happen, But I don't want people really spitting the dummy and losing sleep and cracking shit over not getting the piece of loot they want. Nobody gives a fuck. We're all casual, fucking chilled out dads. As you heard from everyone in the introduction. That's the theme of countdown is I don't give a shit and I want to rave with people who don't give a shit. And that's the whole point. But I'll move on to speaking of not giving a shit, there will be some things we kind of are forced by the game to give a shit about, and that's the hard reskue. So this is a conversation that involves both raiate teams and Saturday Rate Team. I promise I am getting to us, but we can all get in on this one, because, like I said, I think there's about you know, four or five six items that the game dictates, you know, shouldn't just be necessarily left up to RNG or rolling, Like you've got to put these aside for certain people who earn them or who need them, or whatever it might be. So I want to get everyone's feedback on which items you believe should be hard res in TBC for you and your raid. Now, Las and I have discussed this very very briefly about a month ago, and you know, Laz sent me through a short list of items which I very much so agreed with, and I'm just trying to find that message now here it is. And I think the obvious one, obviously Phase one only has wider one item. It's Dragonspine Trophy. Everyone can, I'm sure agree that that should be hard res and you know who you want to distribute it to. Again, I will leave to you guys in the Friday raid, and I'll say to our guys in the Saturday raid, We're just we're just going with a common sense approach here, and I think that's going to dictate, you know, like I said, even though the Saturday rate team will not be a doping the plus one system, We're just going to roll all of those roles are going to go on a common sense and you know, general congeniality and politeness vibe. Hey mate, I got the last one. You take that one. Yeah, no worries, mate. You know what, you do a fuckload more damage than me. You should probably have that one. Yeah, thanks mate, No worries. Again. It might be an unachievable utopia, but this is just what I want to see out of my raid and what I'll be pushing for. So when it comes to Dragonspine Trophy again, I want common seal sense to kind of prevail. I want the Friday team and the Saturday team to have you know, five team member leadership group that is effectively a five team loot council for these hard resed items. That these five guys get together, they can take on board the feedback from the raid and go all right, guys. You know it's between person one, two and three for dst old mate, he does a fuckload of damage. He turns up to raid every week, you know, good to go. He's very very good with the guild outside of raids. He runs the rogues with people all the time. He fucking does his professions. He's a legend. You know, he gets a lot of fucking shout outs for DST. Cool. Oh but you know this guy pumps too, but he really doesn't do anything for the guild outside of the raid. Okay, well that might be a bit of a minus point in his column. Like you know, I just I also don't want it to be the opposite where it's like, this guy's the best guilty of all time, but he does fuck all damage in the raid and has been, you know, kind of shaky on the old DPS. Well, we're not necessarily just going to give him DPS so DST for being a fucking legend. So again it's common sense prevailing. Laz. Is this making sense?
Speaker 8: I personally love it.
Speaker 1: So it's it's not also predetermined. These big ticket items like free freak He's the greatest example. Laves for both the Friday and Saturday team has not been predetermined. I am playing a Fury Warrior on the Saturday team, and I am not predetermining the glazes will be mine. That will be a decision made later down the track. Now you can all laugh at me if I still give them to myself, and I know it's like hahaha the gm oh, my god, here we go. But no, it'll be a case of again, like I say, a month's long determination of who's done you good performance in the raid and who has been a good guilty And if I check that box, fucking oath, I'm giving myself glaves, go fuck yourselves. But if there's someone in my raid who is annihilating me on the meters, mate, congratulations, you discerned yourself fucking glaves, I don't care. That's fine. So I do enjoy the concept of a guild, and I truly think we're going to be somewhat you need in disregard where these big ticket items have not been pre allocated. They are there to be urged, and I want that to be the carrot on the stick for people. Now, I want to hear from you Friday raid guys. Does that sound good to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: As a shadow briefs, I look forward to earning myclaves.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good.
Speaker 22: Just one quick thing in terms of like items as well, the iron mac theredin that is prop Islan's like prom a bit drink it because when you look at the effect, it particularly only triggers off getting resisted. And when you look at propilans, especially when they go into resistance sets or a shear set where you have to get like an extra ten percent of avoidance, that drink is basically best to stop because like you'll never be able to get the spell hit while doing those like resistance sets or heavy mitigation sets as well. So because like a lot of answers just try to roll on our drinket, what is specifically like for prop ublems.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you brought that up, Taraiak. Thank you for the assistance, because now we're going to start naming the items that we do need to sort of hard reds and put aside. And if there are items, like you say in that list that even though I say they're not predetermined, they kind of have to go to one particular spec over other people blatantly, and I don't know if those items exist do you guys will have to help me. So let's get go through it very very quickly here through phase one. Like I said, no one's going to argue that DST needs to be hard rest right needs to be done dst hard rest. Now that was the only item I had personally from phase one. But Tara Yak raises this this thing I didn't know about, Laz, did you know about this palettine item?
Speaker 8: Kind of questions out of course I did.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you agree to Tarayac or not?
Speaker 8: It's unthingly I don't agree, but the and I want to hear feedback from obviously Josh you more importantly, but everyone and Friday is I I'm kind of uncomfortable hard resident stuff for myself. So what I'd like to do is as we go along, I'll talk to the people who it affects, like the casters and it's like hey, like I or with a tier piece, like hey, this piece is particularly important to me. You know. Do you mind if I get the first one as the main tank and I'll I'll find some other piece of gear to catch you back with, sort of like a congenial you know. So I don't want to necessarily hard and if people say no, I want that, I'm too. I don't mind rolling. I I'm quite no one piece of gear is going to prevent me from playing my class, I know.
Speaker 26: I I want to heart technically technically it's it's it's better for prop paladins than it is for other casts.
Speaker 8: Doesn't necessarily mean that they can't make use of it.
Speaker 1: To well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: It just depends on people feel like, I don't want to lose I don't want to lose raiders over gear. Is it to the point gear and make do than to people what.
Speaker 1: I'm getting out of it? Is it such an upgrade to the point that it should be hard risked?
Speaker 8: There are other threat trinkets I can use that are not quite as good, but are like, it's not gonna like it's not going to be the difference for the killer or not.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to know, I want to hear.
Speaker 22: Just point out it's not necessarily like because it's so much whatever. It's because of the unique effect that it's like it triggers when it gets resisted, Like the cast is never going to trigger that proc Whereas with the prop boblem specifically, for like being able to swap out gear pieces very handy to have this effect because it will should be.
Speaker 6: Like your your permit drinket.
Speaker 22: When you're swapping out gear, you don't you don't have to care about the spell hit because you get resisted. It's actually a benefit.
Speaker 8: I don't disagree, I just don't.
Speaker 24: I'm not gonna they're in a fair fair enough so let me ask the rest of the right peace and all I'll add before you guys have your say is personally again, because I think the common sense rules should apply over a lot of this shit.
Speaker 1: Is I'm okay with giving things to the tank first that's going to make it easier for the raid. But this is again up to you Friday guys, I want to hear from Vestige MAKA two fucking you know, everybody here, tell me what you think. Most person I'm all for it.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I'm not part of that ratam, but I agree. I think if there's you know, items that benefit the tank that will make the rate easier down the line, I think they should order them first.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 25: Absolutely, Like I'll say, you're got to have a two set that's you know, very overpowered or whatever, or maybe not overpowered, but you know, very very beneficial towards the raid overall, I think you know, you can prioritize a couple of pieces in the first week or two.
Speaker 1: So is it.
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 9: See, I've always been I've always been one. When I'm looking at the at the soft reserve, you know, I'm looking at who's soft reserving and what obviously, and usually if it's a tank or even honestly a healer, you know, anything that benefits, I'm not even going to put a soft in for it. I mean, that's just that's just me.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not I agree with you. I think that could solve it rather than hard reserving stuff. I'll just be like, hey, guys, look at what I'm soft reserving. I'm doing it for a reason. If you wouldn't mind, you know, no hard feelings. If you want to roll against me, but please don't want to say them, then I don't have to say you just see what.
Speaker 9: That's absolutely fair.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's that's why it's not like unfair where it's like I get all the like every single piece. Oh I need that, I need that. I need that. That's why it's like one thing a week.
Speaker 5: A set bonus or something like that they're achieving.
Speaker 4: I mean that might be exactly fact.
Speaker 5: That's that's the major power spike or something like that.
Speaker 8: I want to that's what I put the SR for. So I think that can take care of it than hard reserve.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, cool cool. So, by the way, guys, I can't emphasize this enough. I know some people are usually a bit scared to naysay on this podcast. They feel like, I don't want to speak against what Josh wants or whateveryone else wants on the podcast, so I kept quiet and I'll just bring it up later. Please, this is your time. We don't care if you disagree with something where you know, basically agreeing to do please have your voice heard. Like it's not going to bother anyone. It's fine. So all right, so we'll keep that one off.
Speaker 8: They say one more thing with that, because anybody, and this way, if I if I officer something and you like, hey, I really want that to just like you can message me privately and be like, hey, could could I have Do you mind if I roll on that I want it for this reason, and I'm sure I'll say yes. This way if you don't feel comfortable like, okay, objecting it, you know, in public or or whatever, and you don't and you don't want to like be that guy who rolls it, you know, puts an SR against me and be public and everyone's like oh, like, shit's on you. You can just messed the privately. And I'm sure I probably just.
Speaker 1: Call me romantic, call me romantic, but I genuinely don't think we're going to have many big glup blow ups with this crew. But we shall see. Now, Look, uh so that's that's Is it crazy for me to say the only item in phase one that we're putting on the hard res list is DST.
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: I think So that's it. Beautiful, easy, Okay, so we move on to phase two. Now we've got.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I wanted to, well, just going back to like you're saying about being like the you know, people being shy about saying stuff obviously, like I don't have a leg to stand around. This goes back to when you guys were talking about the plus one and he had mentioned that I'm getting feedback. I'm sorry. You know, if there's a no contested role, he said, you know, if somebody got it on no contest, that essentially they would get negative points. If it's no contest, why would you get negative pointed and then essentially just hurt. It would make that no contest basically a useless way of rolling, because then you're just going to hurt yourself when there is something contested.
Speaker 1: I personally agree, but like I said, I'll let the Friday Raids sort that out. I would not count the role on uncontested loot as a role, but that's just me. It sounded like cast it felt the same way, But I'll let the Friday Raids sort that out for themselves. The Saturday Raid is not doing plus one, so we don't have to worry about this.
Speaker 4: Sick now.
Speaker 1: Phase two. Does everyone agree that the expetite belt off Vash should be hard breads? Yes? No, maybe crickets.
Speaker 8: It depends on which class, my class or not.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that's a hard question.
Speaker 1: Well but it's a high Sorry, Well, it's a highly contested, highly coveted item, isn't it.
Speaker 22: Yes, Because bear in mind, just like there's no expertise it's barely on the expertise in the game until like phase four, Phase five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's correct me if I'm wrong, the belt of one hundred deaths? Is that right?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a fifteen percent drop chance off Lady Vash. It has the following statistics twenty nine AGI, twenty five stam. It's leather, red socket, blue socket, twenty five expertise, seventy four attack power. So obviously you're looking at rogues, fury warriors. I don't know if fucking enhancement Sharman want it. I don't know feral druids, Red Palace very much.
Speaker 5: Every Melee, every.
Speaker 1: Every malaybal character is gonna watch these fair feral druids will want it. I mean tanks, oh.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 14: I think if you don't a hard resid, it's just going to be on everyone's software.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what you want to avoid.
Speaker 14: Yeah, because then they're just burning it on ship that, like they're just throwing their softwares on that and they're just not getting anything else. So because they've got a big boner for that particular item. So yeah, anything that kind of fits that category, I'd supporting.
Speaker 1: I love your rationale there. I think that's good. If every man and his dog is fucking soft razing it for weeks on end, maybe it should be a hard rares I agree. So what do you reckon, guys? We throw this one on the list. Yeah yeah, okay, next up the tsunami talisman. Do you guys know about this one?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I'll read out the states for those of you who are unfamiliar. It's a trinkett. Great trinket drops off leotheris the blind or leotheris the blind, and it gives you ten hit rating thirty eight creit rating and a chance on critical hit to increase your attack power by three hundred and forty for ten seconds with a ten percent prop chance and a forty five second I c D. Very very nice trinket for Malay. What do you guys reckon.
Speaker 25: Right hardras? But it depends, you know, like like where your group compers?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, so does anyone not think that should be hard rest? All right, very good, we'll stick it on the list. Next up, we've got the uh hang on here, the ilidin item. I think it's illogant, bear with me, madness of the betrayal. It drops sorry off high nethermancer Zerovore. It is again a trinket, hit rating twenty, tack power eighty four. Your Malayan range attacks have a chance to allow you to ignore three hundred of your enemy's armor for ten seconds. So Malay and hunters, everyone feel like this one should be a hard res.
Speaker 14: No's a PvP item.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. It's pretty good. What do you reckon?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm a pen is induced man. I don't know what it scales like. So well, I don't play Malay, so I don't really understand the scaling of it in PV. Perhaps some of the Malay chads will enlighten us on that.
Speaker 1: Well, we do the test again, the Marcus smell test. Is everyone in the fucking rate going to be hard resing this for fucking a month on end? Sorry self resing it? You know.
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 14: Like it looks good? So probably.
Speaker 8: It's on everyone's burcilst and it's really.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, done, that's all I need to hear. If it's on everyone's bis liss, that's all I need to hear. All right, the skull of Goulden. What do you reckon?
Speaker 19: O cows be?
Speaker 1: This is that every cast as biss?
Speaker 7: No, I'm pretty sure it is.
Speaker 1: I mean spell every cast is biss. Spell here twenty five increases damage and healing by fifty five, and then you on you spell haste one seventy five or twenty seconds. Every cast is going to want that. Yep, that's on the list.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, and.
Speaker 8: By a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, it's too yeah.
Speaker 9: There's nothing close to it. Nothing touches it.
Speaker 1: War glaves goes without saying. And again, I can't stress this enough. I don't want you to think like, don't get me wrong, I'd love glaves, but I don't want you guys to think that I'm as hungry for glaves as you might think, because I really think around the time glaves are going to become available that Classic Plus will be coming out soon. So I'm not like jonesing for glazes. I'll fucking take them because I'd love to hit people in a battleground with them, but I'm not like, you know, fuck off everyone else. Those are my glaves.
Speaker 5: I believe the ashes are my byss mount slot.
Speaker 8: That's actually a good point. Should should you? Should you be able to s r the mount off? Katie?
Speaker 1: How about how about crowds? Okay, all right, hard rids there you go.
Speaker 7: You can you can make a loot to some around the mountains, though h.
Speaker 1: One way, wouldn't wouldn't everyone wouldn't Your hard res it and everyone rolls on it or not.
Speaker 9: I've always liked everybody rolling mount everyone mount everybody rolls. I mean, that's that's the way I've always done anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what I'm saying is you put it on the hard rids least so that nobody has to blow a soft ras on it.
Speaker 8: Roll Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying. If the mount drops, fucking every every kind in the raid rolls on it, mm hmm. That well, that's how my raid is going to be doing it. So you Friday guys with champions.
Speaker 3: Someone who doesn't.
Speaker 5: I mean there's some raids where the mounts are I mean like Okay and sod with the Knacks mounts for the UH war horses, you had people like soft rising those and things like that. But Ashes is such a rare mount drop that it's a zero chance I mean, so it's a legendary unto itself.
Speaker 1: So then you have everyone. Yeah, so when you have everyone.
Speaker 3: Cares so much about that mount that they want to waste their soft reserve slot on it week after week, I personally could not be fucked.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I say, if people want to want to put on their list, we might to stop them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I feel like. Nobody should put it on their list because it's a low drop rate anyway, so it'll go to open role. But like, if somebody really fucking cares like that'll make them so much happier than it will make me from winning it, So I don't need it.
Speaker 1: All right, that's easy. They can sell for as it if they want Otherwise, it's an open role.
Speaker 8: I want to be rolling on it.
Speaker 1: I won't be throwing a fucking soft reds on that. I can guarantee.
Speaker 8: You honestly, knowing that Vestage wants it now, I might actually put on.
Speaker 1: I love the pettiness.
Speaker 5: It is one of the best mounts in the game.
Speaker 25: I'd rather have somebody basically put a software as on an item that actually needs that will help the raid, then you know, on them mount and just have them out with like open roll.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, look, are there any items I've missed off the list? There any sun Well items or anything like? Like I said personally, guys, I'm going to be straight up with you, I don't think any of us are making it to son Well because I think I think Classic Plus will be out by then. But let's just wait and see. Is there any other items I'm missing out from the hard rest list Hunter Pour.
Speaker 22: Specific, Yes, but the same way, the same way I was saying that, like that that that that trinket for like the is propolem based. Prop problem should never be taking a cast of weapon away from uh casters like propoland is like bottom prior for cost of weapons.
Speaker 1: They are last you've been put on notice.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 27: Oh what I wanted to just say right quick was like I really like kind of talking, but I do really hope you're right about like classic plus coming out by the point of sun. Well like there there's been no news, but fuck, I hope you're right, man, because it would be kind of awesome.
Speaker 1: I just all I kep saying I had a big argument. Sorry you guys last ye go.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be pvping to get my weapons as trying as hard as I can, uh exactly, but all the respect for someone not in the guild to be like telling us what to do is kind of cringe.
Speaker 3: Lass.
Speaker 22: This is this is the advice like that transcends any particular guild.
Speaker 3: Nobody tells Las that to get the web the spellcaster weapons, He's the man.
Speaker 1: Take take that tarry out.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 22: The exact reason, like the proplem can get an arena weapon or like in terms of like like being the last part on the propoun weapons or gast weapons, like it makes no sense for a proper ever to be taken. And like I've like the reason why I'm saying is because I've been in Gilts where the prop oblem is taking the first drop of gas weapon of each year.
Speaker 6: They always do me.
Speaker 14: Like my guild in TBC, it was just like this guy was like I want to do that. I'm like, bro, I will carry you to a weapon, just leave it for the casters. And he just wouldn't do it. Man, he was adamant he was getting that weapon and left the guild over it dead set, all right, will.
Speaker 5: He just wants to be a shock.
Speaker 1: We'll see how it plays out where we're dealing with our own paladin in Yak, so we'll have that discussion with him. But look, guys, that's the hard Restlings. And I just want to say on that note about the Classic plus thing, like we had this big back and forth sort of just before I hit the record button, and I'll just say it again for the podcast, Like part of the reason why I'm so lais a fair about TBC and you know, not particularly thrill and blah blah blah blah, still happily playing it because there's fucking nothing else to play and I want to play with you guys. But like, you know, so it only last month did someone remind me that, Hey, Josh, Bliscon is not in November, it's in September this time. And I went, Fuck, they're right, you know, the tenth of September or whatever the fuck it is when blis Kon kicks off. I hate to tell you, guys, is not that fucking far away. It is eight and a half months away from the date of this recording. By the time you start playing TBC and you walk through the Dark Portal to go to Outland, guess what, it'll be fucking seven months away to blizz Con, you know what I mean? Like, that's not a lot of fucking time. What is it like fucking two and a half two and a half phases, three phases? I don't know, but I'm fucking telling you all. And I again, you know, I lose my shit when people think I've got inside of information. I know, I've never known less about what's going on at Blizzard than I do at this point in time. But I fucking like my feeling in my guts, that feeling in my balls is telling me there is no fucking way in my mind that they've waited a year and a half to build something, because you know, that's how long it will have been by then, between sod being you know, put to bed and bliss Con. There's no fucking chance they get on that stage for a big hype classic presentation and Tim comes out and he's got that big fucking smile of his and he goes, all right, fucking classic gamers, here's what we've been cooking. And they do the whole presentation, and then at the end it says coming in fucking late twenty twenty seven or whatever. They're not going to make us wait anymore. It will come out, you know, pretty fucking soon after blizz Con. That would be my bet. I would be beyond beyond shocked if they got on that stage and said, just keep stick with us, Classic fans, We just need a fucking another eighteen months to cook this shit up for you. People will riot, they'll lose customers, people will lose interest. They can't afford the time they've already stretched the friendship with the year and a half. Wait. If I just I want to scream at people who seriously think it's coming, like, you know, a long time after the bliz Con.
Speaker 28: Anyway, I do think you you're very right, like one hundred percent. But like one thing I was like, I think though, if they do announce it in Blueston, I want to be surprised if it's like the starting of twenty twenty seven when it actually gets released, you know what I mean, Just because it will be a few months, I would assume.
Speaker 1: Look, maybe maybe, or I would expect them to come out and say, hey, guys, it's the middle of September. You'll get this thing in the middle of October. But I mean, fuck, if they said for whatever reason, for whatever reason, if they said January thirteenth, then yeah, okay, that's in three months, like or four months, like okay, whatever, I still would be a little bit shocked, but like it's not like crazy. But I'm much more inclined to say to be around about the time of Please gon't.
Speaker 3: You know, Josh, I have a question for you about what you think. Do you think Classic Plus will be like another season or do you think it'll be like wow too? I think because if you think it's going to be like another season, I totally buy what you're saying, if you think it's going to be like wow too, I think the more time makes sense.
Speaker 1: Personally, I think it'll be something halfway between the two, which is such a bitch answer, But like, like they've said that, they have said, we're done with seasons. We've we've dripped this seasonal thing as dry as we can. They know that.
Speaker 3: You're not going to call it another season.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly exactly. But then my might come back to that. And I've always said this on the show, and i know people fucking hate hearing this, but I'm like, i know the answer to this question, but I'm still going to posit it when I say, really, what's the difference between a season and an expansion outside of the outside of the nomenclatcher, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I think it's the severity of change. So like Epoch is a season, Bronze Beard is a is a wow to right, Like, without having even played Bronze Spirit.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I think Speared is a massively seasonal thing.
Speaker 3: No, it might be a seasonal thing as far as how it literally is. I'm talking about the degree of variance from original.
Speaker 1: Classic that that's where that's a huge rabbit hole that will lead up the next two hours that I don't want to go down. But no, no, it's okay. It is a good argument to raise, though, and Blizzard will have to tread very carefully to I think there will be a temptation on Blizzard's behalf to say it's not a season, but still have what's next as a season, dressed up in a different outfit, and they're like, it's totally not a season, and we all see straight through it and go, guys, that's a fucking season. I could see them being tempted to do that, but I do think that ultimately they'll they'll put their their their plant, their flag halfway and go, look, guys, we want that. They've really publicly said this, through Ian and other big wigs, we want an ongoing, evergreen, classic environment for classic players. They are not going to do like just sod two point zero. I think it'll be a little whole bit more meat on the bones, to the point that people can basically say, Okay, I think this isn't a seasonal thing.
Speaker 17: I feel like it's only a season once they tell us a battle pass.
Speaker 3: Under that framework, I could buy your time frame.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right?
Speaker 25: But how far would that go though with the with Classic plus, like how like like how long would they take it? Or like how far would they.
Speaker 7: Take it.
Speaker 8: Playing?
Speaker 14: You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Just yeah, but like.
Speaker 25: How much like content do they have the release or like how engaged we have to be with it?
Speaker 14: We find out this is just opinion expect like a different leveling experience. It won't be like completely revolutionary, It'll be just different.
Speaker 4: To what we've got.
Speaker 14: And then we'll just get content on a cadence to what you would expect in Classic, Like they'll just be like making content. They'll have the game and the first raid ready to go and then just punch out content forever in a day and expansions or whatever.
Speaker 1: I think Tee Wow and Epoch will be the framework, So think something along those lines for the bricks and mortar of what they're doing. And again, guys, I cannot stress enough. I do not fucking know. I am guessing this is just what I would do if I were running the shop. I look to Tea Wow, I looked at Epoch. That's that's where I start from building from the ground up. And then what you can do is you can just add Ray, tier after Ratier after Ratier in terms of pushing people on over time in an evergreen world. Now I get that you can't just do you know the same world with Hey, here's Tier nine, Like I understand that. But you just bleed it, try and bleed it until it's bled dry, and then you decide whether or not you're doing a fucking expansion off on another fucking place or whatnot. But anyway, I'm venturing off track here, back to we'll talk about all this when we're doing the guild meeting for Classic plus guys. That's the Friday team sorted. I want to shout out my Saturday fucking legends and read you out the following roster of absolute chads. All right, meet your team again. The time for this raid will be and we've got a couple of slots open for so Pricky years up in case you might be interested. The time for this raid is an intriguing one in that it's on at five pm Eastern Times Saturday, which for everyone else around the world is four pm Central two pm West Coast. It will be nine am o CE if you're in Sydney, eight am for you Queenslanders, and just figure out, you know, fucking six am for Perth and Japan and whatnot. So keep that in mind. And this is your team. We've got our two tanks, Feral Druid, Green Protection Paladin Yak. We've got our five healers, two Holy Priests San Blade and Mood, a restoration Druid, Hideous John A Restoration Sharman Mikeso, and a Holy Paladin for now, probably changing, but we shall see in mazy Okay, locked in done? I love it. Which one are you earlier? Enhance, Maizie.
Speaker 28: I don't know whatever y'all need.
Speaker 1: I'd love either. I mean, i'd prefer and enhance as a greedy warrior, but I don't cared. All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna put you down early for enhance and we'll go from there. Thank you for yelling out, all right, So we have four healers and with a new healer spot. So if you're a healer and this conversation titilates you and that time works for you, yell out. The seven Malay DPS. Saras follows myself as a fury warrior Orcinator as an arms warrior. Two combat rogues Anti and Og Pubsniffer, a feral druid in Taxi, a retribution paladin in Light Times, an enhancement shaman in Maizi, and we have ten range dps, two Arcane majors Axel and Grimoire, a shadow priest in Voodoo, two destruction warlocks in quick Ben and a Noubshi sorry, two destruction warlocks that is, an affliction warlock in five Shot, and four Beastmaster hunters in Swan, sm Rengo, Cusan, and Ros. So that would be a bring our grand total to twenty four. So we have one slot as a healer available for that raid. So if you are a healer, look, as I said, I'm still waiting to hear back from three or four healers. The slot may be gone by the time I published this podcast, but reach out to me anyway and see if it is gone. If you're interested when you hear this, okay, if you want to be part of that team. So those are your Saturday Legends, and I'm going to throw it open to the boys same questions that we ask the Friday team. Look, we'll start with Yaki you there or are you busy?
Speaker 4: I'm here?
Speaker 1: Baby, Oh baby, Look it's funny because everyone has made the same joke about you over the last few hours, and they've all pointed at you. And just for a bit of backstory for everyone, we were Honestly, everyone in Countdown was devastated when Yak said he was going to go play on a different server for TBC. Yak and Mazie are amazing people. They're a wonderful combo. We love playing the game with them. Both of them said, sorry, Josh, We've got our guild with some friends over on nights Layer. I shed some tears, Green shed some tears. Were all a bit upset, But then I got the most wonderful we did. I had the most one. I woke up this morning at six am and the most wonderful message in the world, which was just a dick pick from Yak. And but then under the dick pic was some text that said I'm back baby, and I couldn't have been more thrilled. So I basically, you know, for whatever reason or another, Yak is back with us jack Mates'. Firstly and foremost, I'll just say welcome back here at your.
Speaker 4: Home, second home. I'll take it.
Speaker 1: Second second home. We'll fucking we'll win you over one of these days. Mate, Look, same question I asked the others, and I'll ask all the other boys and girls this. I sprung the roster on you this morning. You had no idea what you were walking into. In all honesty, give me an objective assessment. What do you think of our raid? Team?
Speaker 11: Mean a late shaman for me, but missus going to be shaman. That puts us a two or three.
Speaker 1: That's that's pretty good. That's two for now.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean if you get another rest of shaman healer, that'd be perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then we'd be laughing. I do agree. I do agree at Green our other tank who will be fearlessly charging into danger for us. What do you think of the makeup of the raid? Are you happy with it?
Speaker 13: It seems fine, but I haven't actually rated TVCs, so but I mean this this is post nerve and everything, so it's quite a bit different. We should be fine, doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling like, so there you go, Marcus. I'll throw it over to you. Let's I'm hearing a Yeah, it's all right, it's fine, mate. Give me some hype, Marcus, how do you feel.
Speaker 6: This is like?
Speaker 14: This is the group of the chosen ones. Really, the just the people in this group is going to make it. I don't like, we might not kill any bosses, but we'll have a fun time not killing any bosses.
Speaker 1: We'll have a friendship that last, a friendship that last that echoes through the ages.
Speaker 14: Either that or all immediately terrrist apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait for it to terrorist apart. It'll be hilarious, it'll be great. Have we still got o gpu of Sniffer? Are you there? Mate?
Speaker 25: Oh?
Speaker 1: You still up burning the midnight oil? You love to see it? Mate. I've told I've told a few people of their importance to this Ray team, and you were a key piece of bait to put on the hook to coax Marcus into rating with us in TBC. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 8: I'm very proud.
Speaker 14: That was Like as of yesterday, I was kind of still on the fence because I'm like, oh man, it's a lot of effort to do all this stuff, and like Classic Plus is probably not that far away. And then the names got dropped and Ogpu Sniffer was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I'm like, yeah, mate, you said of a bitch.
Speaker 8: I mean, eh, no, I'm all in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go. Oh actually, can I can I say something now about the team that hopefully will make everyone's nipples a little bit harder? Yak, I've done it. I've I've filled out the final slot in the team. Do you want to know who it is? I forgot about? Now? Look, this person has a very complicated relationship with Countdown. I won't say who it is, just is just yet. We'll do a little bit of it. This is your life, and see if you can guess who I'm talking about. This is someone who's been nearly big with us since the beginning, probably came on to Countdown in U two. He is a beloved figure in the community, with many many podcast appearances. However, over time he started to develop a odd relationtionship with the game of World of Warcraft, and whilst he's still happily raid locked on some versions of the game, he shunned Countdown and turned his back on us as a group of friends because he refuses, just flat refuses to ever level in this game. Again. He's a leveling he says name, but no, no, it's not it's not Balls of Steel, but no, and ends with this man has just promised me in direct messages, promised me and we know that promises can't be broken in this guild that he will be there at seventy and he is willing to play whatever the guild needs. So do you think you can guess it is?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 3: Everybody, it's what you.
Speaker 1: Exactly. So we just found our fucking resto shaman baby and his name is hunk Oh fuck ha ha that's one hun That is one hunky Resto Sharman Voodoo. Do you reckon? He will happily take that assignment on have we lost Voodu? We've probably lost Voodu? Marcus, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'll do it.
Speaker 14: He'll do it at least for a time, I think questions happily? Well, yeah, he'll be happy to do it where we make an excellent healing team.
Speaker 1: The motherfucker has been raid logging with other people who are not us for the last eighteen months and I keep asking him to raid with us and he won't do it. So, as far as I'm concerned, it's time to pay the piper.
Speaker 5: I want to hear his constructive feedbacks of your raids.
Speaker 1: Yes, if yeah, we'll have to do it uncensored. Hunk review of that week's raid for five minutes or something.
Speaker 5: Hunk breaks down Karra for forty five minutes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, forget that. I'd listened to him read the phone book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hunky, Yeah, it would be. It would be Hunk after Duck. It'd be a long hour and a half long rant about communism in nineteen seventies Queensland politics, and somehow he'd weave in Karazan.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 7: This is why we need him.
Speaker 1: That I'm actually Kazan.
Speaker 5: It was only two hours, but his analysis is seven hours and thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. Look, I'm I'm actually, I'm very very happy with that. Seventeen twenty twenty four. Actually, wait, I lie, we're still one person short. Wait we've got seventeen twenty two twenty four. We are where one person short? So how about this to all you lovely listeners out there in the Countdown universe, if you heard it, what do we we want an Elie Shaman, don't we.
Speaker 29: Or a boomy or a Boomyay, I can play a druid because that's kind of on a planet I'm playing, And if you need a Boomy, I can play boomy for you, and then if, like someday we need a healer I can also heal on the druid as well.
Speaker 1: Wait, who is this? I can't see who this is?
Speaker 7: This is ros?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean was I've got you down as a Hunter, I was. I'm actually glad you spoke up because I was gonna missage all of you Hunters because we have four of them in the guilds in the raid team. I'm more than happy. Don't get me wrong. If you if you made if you love Hunter, I don't care about running with four Hunters, that's fine. But I was going to ask you, well, if you're fifty to fifty about choosing classes, let me know.
Speaker 28: I'm like the definition of phil like I have truly played all the classes in this game, and like that's.
Speaker 7: What I mean.
Speaker 27: So if you guys need a boomy in your raid spot, I'd be more than happy to be the boomy for your raid spot, and then I can like alternate as a healer if one of our healers are sick one day, because you know, you can go rest a boomy pretty easily.
Speaker 1: Yack everything you're playing Hunter at all? Everything is coming up Millhouse yack.
Speaker 11: I heard Bumken and I'm on board.
Speaker 1: This is fucking amazing. This is it's like all my Christmas has come at once. Ross, You're a fucking legend. All right, get this balance Druid Ros alright, don't man, that's it. Don't let me down. Rose. I want to see you in there.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll be there, Josh, I promise.
Speaker 1: All right. Fuck that that means if we get an Elie Shaman, we are fucking laughing. We are just straight up. Now you're still a shadow priest. Fuck you?
Speaker 4: You do this job?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So, and I'll likely swap from our Canda enhance, so we'll have two enhancers for.
Speaker 1: Okay, how to be honest with me? Because again I can't Again, I always my favorite line is I can't stress this enough. I can't stress this enough. Actual, I will play with whatever fucking ray team I get given. But what are the odds now that you change to enhance.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've said I would rather play enhance. That's always been the case. But it's a question question get up to sixty time, but that I think is more likely.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, all right, here's what I'll do. I will confidently put you down as an enhanced shaman. How about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, let's do that.
Speaker 3: That way we we force with one of my blanking on this name.
Speaker 1: We forced food into shadow.
Speaker 3: No the mage, the other mage you can't swift.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is a urcane.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 8: I'll have I'll have a pale all and all do dungeons and stuff.
Speaker 6: That'll be fun.
Speaker 1: Enhancement shaman axel very good. Okay. So that means, boys and girls, that we are one person short. And this is where we reach out to the Countdown community and say, you know, this is fucking Countdown idol. If you want to be on the Countdown Ray team, I mean, like I say, I really will take anyone, So still reach out. But I'm gonna say this much. I'd fucking love an Ellie Sharman. I would just do. Is that? Can I actually ask the whole team is that what we want as our last TPS slot or do you think there's a better choice? It would be fifth?
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, boys and girls, everyone in Countdown, if you can read on a Saturday, a late Saturday afternoon, NA time, East Coast, fucking hit your boy up because we're looking for elemental sharman. So I want you lightning bolt flinging motherfuckers to just send me all the dms saying Josh, I'm your man, and I'd love to get you in there, all right, so we shall see what happens there. Fuck, I'm five five? Are you happy? What do you think?
Speaker 7: I'm mozerch covid clearly, No, I honestly I'm pumped to get back in reading. Honestly, you guys are awesome. Man, It's gonna be a fun time.
Speaker 1: Oh, Wed, you're you're with the the clown crew, so do do be wary of the Marcus and I are going to have the comedy value set high. And look, we we we aim to clear content, but we mostly aim to be the greatest fucking social guild of all time. Isn't that right?
Speaker 6: Food, your skill set will be very low.
Speaker 1: Don't say that. Don't say that. Well, actually that's another benefit because Jack has said he will put us all on his back and carry us to glory, isn't that right? Jack?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 4: So that would put you all on.
Speaker 6: And she would carry us.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, yeah, I'm not going to walk my own self to glory.
Speaker 1: Look, yack, I mentioned earlier. The one joke that everyone made about you that I forgot to finish this thought was everyone was surprised to see you in the Saturday team and not the Friday team because they go, well, the Friday team is kind of a bit more serious about the game. Wouldn't that be up Jack's alley? And I said, Yack will fucking go where I tell Yak to go. Well, no, that's not quite the case. But the rostering worked out better for you on the Saturday But made is it going to be the case that you know? Are you going to be rating with us for thinking of the Friday team?
Speaker 11: I mean, I'm always thinking about Las.
Speaker 1: Do you picture Laz's face while you make love to me? That's very impersonal? Okay, sometimes it's green, very good, very good. All right, Look, this is going to be a fucking fun group. I promise you that, guys, This Saturday right team is going to be a real fun group. So you've done well. All right, now to the Saturday team. I also say, I really want you to shout me down if you're not okay with this. Is everyone The majority of people okay with tossing aside the plus one system and just going fucking good old fashioned need greed s R.
Speaker 14: It's a bold strategy. Let's see it plays out.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, speak now forever.
Speaker 14: I'm not going to be the hand grenade guy. All right, I'm not going to be that guy.
Speaker 1: I I think you'll I think you'll help me shame people who try to be a loot cockhead markers.
Speaker 14: If I'm not leading the charge, I'll be close second, very good.
Speaker 3: So you'll be giving as.
Speaker 1: I vow, I vow, I pledge this album, I pledge this unit. As infatuated as I am with Lou, I shall not vacuum at all. Up now, having said that, I do notice that we only have two warriors. So should certain gear fall to me by a fifty to fifty roll, then that's another case. Well, actually, now we've got what have we got? A red paladin and two warriors with the red won't roll on a plate warrior gear, I wouldn't think, so. Yeah, So there's a fury warrior and an arms warrior, and that's who I'll be competing with on gear. That's fine, Orcinator and I will do the good old fashioned dice rolls out in the back alley man.
Speaker 8: He's a good point.
Speaker 1: Who so who knows Orcanador? Who said that that he's my friend? I see see that's right, he's one of your fucking EU mates.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, we went to school to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the guy that lives down the road from you in fucking Iceland.
Speaker 8: Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: You'll pull him in line, you'll you'll word him up.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I got him in a.
Speaker 13: Very good, very good it's a long leash if he lives down the road.
Speaker 1: So that's that's kind of the beauty. I love this. The beauty of the Saturday Raid is we are truly the epitome of a worldwide raid. Now, stuff like this doesn't get done very often in our guys. We've got a handful of people from Europe, we've got a handful of people from Australia. We've got a Kiwi and we've got fucking East Coast, West Coast, our good friend. Fucking h is it taxi or lighttime? So I forget light Time's the red Paladin, right, he's a lovely Kiwi man. So we we spread our hands across the world, this Saturday Ray team, and the sun never sets on this countdown raid. It'll be beautiful it'll be a fucking thing of beauty.
Speaker 8: It's glorious.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So look, that's that's that, guys. Is there anything else that we need to cover that I've forgotten about in terms of setting a platform for this guild and these two raid teams moving forward?
Speaker 5: You want to talk about the guild bank you mentioned earlier?
Speaker 1: Oh, thank god, thank you for reminding me. Please all right, my my, my raiders in arms, my fellow countdown, people who I love like sons and daughters. I come to you as a man who has made grave mistakes in the past with guild banks. I have no fucking idea how these things work. I have never deposited anything in a guild bank in my life. I've never withdrawn anything from a guild bank in my life. If I'm going to GM effectively through TBC, with assistance from you guys and my delegates, how the fuck do we run a good guild bank.
Speaker 14: And to the one of the several being counters we've got in the guild count.
Speaker 1: I want a man, want a man delegate.
Speaker 8: That's it's not going to be.
Speaker 14: Like egalitarian If Vood is in charge of it, it'll be very self serving.
Speaker 6: Who run a tight ship on that guild bank?
Speaker 1: So is he is? He? Is he the gate keeper?
Speaker 25: Your bank is gonna be split between the two reads to right.
Speaker 8: Yes, maybe the bank, but a page for like a tab.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the best way.
Speaker 14: And it's not because voods at all selfish. It'd be purely for the main value.
Speaker 1: This will be hilarious. Steal all the goal, This.
Speaker 6: Would be funny.
Speaker 14: I'll move all this gold.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll take the job.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I mean, voter, if you want it, you can have it. Does anyone object to Voodoo being the gatekeeper of the guild bank?
Speaker 6: This get down the path. No one's going to object?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 8: I would nominate Axl personally.
Speaker 1: Axel.
Speaker 5: Do you want to do it?
Speaker 1: Who wants to?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: Act? No, I'm not going to put this on anybody. If Voodoo wants to do it, he can do it. But does anyone actually want to do it? Yeah, voodo, Voodoo, Congratulations, the job is yours. I trust you. Look, we joke and we funk around, but he'll be a good boy. So do you now, Voodoo? Do you know how much do you know how to run a guild bank? No? Not the not the foggiest.
Speaker 23: I think we deserve to hear the resume qualification.
Speaker 1: Yeah, convince us to hire you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you bounce the check's book.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what. I'll run it. If there's any objections while I'm running it, we'll talk about it.
Speaker 8: Then.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do you think? What do you think? Right now? Running a guild bank involves.
Speaker 6: Lots of our lots of hard work.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go, mouth so we can hear you.
Speaker 1: All right now look in all seriousness, guys, whilst I have a vague idea of how most guilds do it. You know, unwanted, unwanted items get d shards get thrown in banks. You know, certain trade goods get put aside for the guilt to withdraw when they need them for enchance or crafting or what have you. Maybe you know, high priced boes get sold off, the gold deposited into the build bank. Guild bank blah blah blah blah blah. Use that money to then reinvest in mats for the guild bank so that everyone gets free in chants. I get the general gist of the guild bank. But for all you guys who have been in hardcore guilts over the years. What more is there to it that I'm missing? How do you? How do you deal with people, you know, needing stuff from the guild bank and also making sure that there is enough they supply there to make the demand.
Speaker 8: I can tell you just for if we have a tab for each raid, which I'd like for my for my raid team, unless someone else wants to raid lead. I think we decided I was going to do it. I would like to stockpile primals to get for example, and for tier five, I would like to help or or Druid or prop Pallu or excuse me or prop warrior tanks whoever they're going to be other than me. They're gonna need nature and frost resist gear, so I'd like to like stockpile mats, you know, to help them out, enchanting you know, materials, so we can try to help out people within chance. And then for later tiers, we're gonna need shadows of gear for black temples, so I'd like to start farming that stuff and putting it in there. That's just those tend to be bottled next. You know, no one, no one really wants to, you know, spend gold on you know, resist gear. It's not fun, but that's one thing the guild bank can do to help people, to help the raid teams out.
Speaker 25: No, I agree, especially especially in Chance. I've always been in a guild where the guild bank always provided with raiders, especially they get their biss or close abyss or the phase biss. They always provide it in Chance. So I think that's a very good thing to do for guild banks.
Speaker 8: And I'm going to beat the enchanter so I can. It'll be easy for me to enchant people's stuff.
Speaker 25: Yeah, especially we're ding stuff and where you know what it needs in the bank or you know our slaughter or whatever people are contributing and whatnot. So it's a give and take.
Speaker 3: I personally would put somebody who is an auction house Scotlin in charge of the guild Bank, because they had have a beat on what prices are.
Speaker 1: That's why I want That's why I want a to do it.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, That's that's why.
Speaker 3: I want Green to do it.
Speaker 1: Can wait? Is there a will to way we can?
Speaker 5: You can have multiple people.
Speaker 1: Can we bully you into do any sexual or not?
Speaker 8: I would I.
Speaker 3: Would co manage it with Green. How about that? Green, what's you.
Speaker 13: I'm not usually that good with gold, just to be perfectly honest, And I've never played TVC.
Speaker 8: Before, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: But you check the auction house regularly enough to have an idea if something is up or down, and I think that's ultimately kind of what matters. More.
Speaker 1: Just I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: To tell us why ship will go up and down. We just need to know, like in that particular moment, is it up or down.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna lie. Can I just have everyone just everyone take five for a second, voodoo make Can I just talk to you over here for a second?
Speaker 6: That's good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, just just just just sip outside and just stand a quick word. Mate. Look, you know the team loves you, and we really appreciate you, know, your positivity, and and you just you're so.
Speaker 6: You want me to do the Guild bank still.
Speaker 1: So well about that? About that, mate, You see, I really appreciate how keen you are, and you've.
Speaker 6: Already I've got your backing as a friend.
Speaker 1: Well, just we'll get to that. We'll get to that. So it's just that you've already done so much for the guild you know, playing a class you didn't really want to play. You're playing a shadow priest for us, mate. I just I don't want to put it on you to have to do a second huge role in managing the guild bank, like you know you don't have to do it. Mate, It's okay.
Speaker 6: Oh no, it's okay.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm telling you it's okay. Voodoo you're out, Axel Green you're in. I feel much more comfortable with those two than fucking Voter managing the guild bank.
Speaker 4: Terror is over.
Speaker 1: Your last once once, Garamouchie.
Speaker 8: But it don't feel bad, Josh. The same conversation with me yestually when I asked for on Saturday read tim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ladzi's gutted. I keep telling lads that we've got the No Lads Club on Saturday, and he's gutted because he keeps trying to weasel into the Saturday team, and I keep telling him no because I don't want him to rate on two teams and burn out before Classic Plus because I want all these fucking fricks playing Classic Plus with us. But also my favorite part that I didn't mention on the recording that I'll say again is as soon as I announced half the rosters with like shitloads of TB at slots everywhere. Lads looked at it and d nds me straight away and goes, oh, mate, look, I can see you've got Green on his feral druid tanking for you guys. No, no, no, no, nah, you want to give Green to me like he's you know, he's new to TBC. You know, I don't know if you want him maintanking for you, like, come on, baby, just give him to me. Will will all ease him into it. It's okay, I said, fuck off, I know what you're doing. I've played knife he spooning before he's fucking out tank. Do you confirm or deny this? Yeah? That you fucking piece of Yeah, that's the first hour. Thank you for mentioning kangaroo court, I will say.
Speaker 8: Guys, which Axel is also terrible at dhancement. Gentlemen, he's gonna drag your team down.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I'll give him a chance. I'll give him a chance. I've got some Sharman news for you, breaking Sharman news for the Countdown Raiders coming right up. I just want to say, while I remember, guys, all all of you here. Kangaroo Court will be a feature of the podcast throughout TBC Classic Anniversary. I really really encourage you guys to please do me a favor and just right down ship when it happens. I will create a Kangaroo Court channel in the discord when something when someone does something funny and dumb and you want to have a laugh about it on the podcast and bring it up to the world, write it down in the Kangaroo Court channel so that we don't fucking forget, because I know I'm the biggest victim of thinking something was hilarious and then I don't write it down. A week later we record the podcast and I go, oh, what was that fucking thing that happened? Oh, I can't remember. Just I want us to roast each other on a fucking regular basis in good fun, not being nasty. But you know, when the fun wipe or the silly argument comes up, then fucking roast away amongst your fellow Countdown people. So just be aware the Kangaroo Cord is coming back in twenty twenty six. Now listen, what's the fucking sound effect I can do here of the news wire breaking news Countdown fans. I just recently put out a worldwide search for an elemental shaman to join the Saturday Raid team. I knew that sport would be swooped up quickly, but I did not anticipate it being swooped up this quickly. Now we have an elemental shaman. So the Saturday Raid is now full, So rejoice all you Saturday Raiders. The interesting part is who is playing that elemental shaman? Now, not Hunk. We've got Hunk on the rest o Shaman. He's locked in. Here's the deal. Here's the deal. It's not TC Green. You all know him, you all love him. He hails from the Great White North. He is he is a count, and it is Ale.
Speaker 6: We have a benefit.
Speaker 1: Can you hear us? He is not step Ah there he is yet my man?
Speaker 2: Ale?
Speaker 1: Hello, hey, hey, what what is doing? My friend? What is what is this? What is this gigantic move for you to come raid with the Countdown crew?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm playing TBC, but only PDP on another server, and so I kind of wanted to start reading a bit too, So I've had my ear to the ground and an opportunity presented itself.
Speaker 1: So you saw the bat signal come up and it was just a hockey stick in the air, and you've put on your cape and flown in and said I'll play whatever you need is Ellie Shaman up your alley? Are you okay with that?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, big time?
Speaker 1: Oh baby, hey, I mean fuck, this has gone even better than I could have ever imagined. Mate, I'm excited if you now, Ale, you got to stick this one out, baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen to a classic until we're all we're.
Speaker 1: All here until classic plus until the next big thing sweeps this out of fl feet. Absolutely there you go, fucking Marcus. Let me we're throwing it to the to the ground for in the moment reactions. Marcus, you've just heard you'll be rating with the one and only Ale as your elemental Sharman for five Shamans in the raid, dropping totems left, right and center. How do you feel about That's A?
Speaker 8: I feel pretty good.
Speaker 14: It's a. I think it's a pretty tall order to ask him to carry twenty four other people though as elemental as well. Yeah, it's pretty big, but if anyone can do it, it's Ale.
Speaker 1: There you go, crossing over to our tank, Jack, Jack, what do you think of this development? Yak is He's passed out. He's so happy he's unconscious. We'll throw it over to someone else. Let's hear from who we got here? Five shot, you'll be rating with the one and only Ale of the the Canadian region of the world. What do you think about that?
Speaker 7: That's pretty sweet about five miles from the border.
Speaker 1: Oh biz, all right, fuck, it's all happening. It is all happening.
Speaker 7: What area Canada?
Speaker 1: Only?
Speaker 2: Only?
Speaker 1: If no, Dale, only if he's okay? Well, hang on, Ale, if you're okay? Saying have you said before? We're part of Canada? You're from on the show.
Speaker 2: West Coast?
Speaker 1: Were West Coast? So then five the East Coast and West Coast.
Speaker 7: I'm like Midwest they call it. It's I'm in Detroit.
Speaker 1: There you go, There you go. So you're right near Toronto there.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, Canada's Wonderland is my favorite place to go.
Speaker 1: There you go. Someone is screaming to the heavens but going robot. Well, Ale, look, I'm very, very excited. Quite frankly, this Friday, this Saturday, Ray team could not have gone better. I'm stoked. We've got a lot of very So the aim was also to put similar personalities together, and I think that the Saturday Rad crew has, you know, minds to think alike on it, and I think the Friday Ray crew has minds to think alike on it. So I think that we're going to get a lot of really good cohesion. And I also look forward to the first person dming me, you know, once all the raids come out and saying fuck you and your guild for losers, I'm fucking out of here. It'll be great. So that'll be you. Yeah, boys, we've done it. Look I mean, like I said, is there anything else you guys know more than me? I'm a first time GM. I'm begging you for you to go easy on me. What have we missed that you feel needs to be discussed as setting the groundwork for this guild moving forward in raid? What are we doing guys that might just about do it? What are we where? Two hours and fifteen minutes into this guild meeting, So we can sort of stop the quote unquote guild meeting. But I'll just end with this one final point. Guys heard me flirt the concept of a third raid team at the beginning of this conversation. Do not feel left out, guys. Countdown will be a large guild, and I already have five or six people that you couldn't raid or Friday or Saturday. But I'll tell you the two other slots that I'm looking at that were really really popular in the surveys I did. They are Sunday at eight pm Eastern and Tuesday at ten pm Eastern. I am more than happy to assist a group of enthusiasts to set up a raid on one of those two slots, fuck if not both, if for some strange reason, we get enough, which we probably won't, but I think it's going to be a stretch to set up a third team. But look, once I send this podcast out, anything could fucking happen. If you want to get a regular I'm not talking about parks, guys. These aren't the guys that yeah, Josh, I'll do a Carazan once a month. Don't worry. There will be lots of casual Karrazans running for you, guys. But if you want to set semi serious Raytime raid group that turns up weekly, reach out to me and I'll help you build your own Ray team for a third Countdown team to run on a Sunday or a Tuesday. So please, guys, keep reaching out to me, keep signing up and letting me know what you want to do. We didn't really discuss the Carazan guys. I'll just say this much what the plan is. Tell me if you think this all this will work. Every week we will split into two groups of ten and five people will be a rotating roster of five will be left out obviously, and the two tens go into Karrazan, so we've got two five team cutoffs. Those two teams of five can opt will basically open the floor up for them to do one of a few things. They can get together on either the Friday Ray time or the Saturday Rai time or another a Ray time of their own choosing, and knock out their own fucking Karrazan for the leftovers, right, that would be great, Or the five people on Friday can go no, fuck it, We'll just do it now. We'll get five Countdown pugs because there will be people in Countdown in what will be a large guild saying fuck yeah, I'll fill in for your Carazan. Obviously, that comes with, you know, loot issues you might need to work out, but that's a possibility. And then the other possibilities of course you could just find randoms and pug it. I would prefer for the two five teams to come together, but it's not always going to marry up perfectly. That will be for you guys to sort out amongst yourselves as the leftovers that week. Does that work for everyone?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Clearly?
Speaker 8: What time?
Speaker 1: So that's what? So the Cara the plan is, tell me if I'm doing this right, start with the twenty five man's and then we break up into our Carazan teams and the going into the raid nine. The five people will know they've been left off, so they in discord. They can tag the other five and say, hey, Voodoo mate, see you've been left off and the other guys have been left off this week. Do you want to get together on Friday night? Do you want to get to it on Saturday night? Do you want to get together on another night? You know they can just coordinate amongst themselves. Does that make sense perfect?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So yeah, they will know in advance that they're being left out, and then that team will will rotate. Now you'll also notice another key thing. I've named a strict twenty five man team and we don't have a bench. I've you tell me if I'm doing this wrong. Guys, I've done that for a reason because again, I think the Countdown Guild will be large enough that we can pick up good people from the Countdown Guild that don't raid regularly to fill in if needed, who won't be cockeeds, you know, in regards to how we're doing the gear. But also we'll you know, give them gear too. We're not going to be dickheads. Does that work for you? So, like we kind of already have the biggest bench in the world, if it makes sense, Are you guys happy with that? Or do you think we should have a dedicated bench.
Speaker 8: I don't mind, man, I think we should keep if you could keep a list of all the people that.
Speaker 1: Like reliable people, sure, yeah.
Speaker 8: And the only advantage I don't think we need it, but the advantage of having like those a bench for Friday and the bench for Saturdays, we like, we would know who to reach out to because maybe they can't make Saturday, or they but they want to make Friday, or vice versa.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But the one good thing about it, and you're you're right, lads, You're right that dad would work. The only it's also a good thing to use the strengths of countdown. So, like, the good thing is if you need two people for the Friday raid because two people can't make it that week, I can send a ping out to three thousand people in the discord saying we need to for the fuck can raid this Friday night. You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: That's that's so much easier. Yeah, let's do it that way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, we might do it that way. Okay, Look, guys, is every are people happy? Are people feeling positive? Talk amongst yourselves. Guys, the meeting is adjourned. Thank you so much for fucking sitting through all that. I'm really happy with how that's gone. We can get through more details later if we need to. But guys, I love you. Look forward to rating with all of you. Oh yeah, hell yeah, how would Marcus? What are we going to do with all these fucking Europeans.
Speaker 14: Enjoy their company? Yes, I've found that Europeans are pretty fucking wholesome, dudes, I agree, especially like the smaller the country they come from, the better they seem to be.
Speaker 6: To be honest.
Speaker 14: Yeah, for Estonians and Icelanders, Yes you do, yes you do.
Speaker 1: Oh very good. So sorry, I will say, uh, just to reiterate one last time, we are still for the Saturday team is full, guys. The Friday team is looking for a tank and three heelers and arranged DPS. Reach out to myself. All lads, if you fit the bill. Okay, that goes out to all you countdown listeners there in the podcast verse. All right, fucking ale, Look, look what the fucking cat tragged in? What What a fucking lovely surprise to have at the end of the pod?
Speaker 14: Hell yeah, did everybody else just hear that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What do you hear?
Speaker 14: You're like your voice just went like weird as I did.
Speaker 1: I moved, I moved, I moved my microphone, so that okay, that's good now, guys, Look, I'll just open leave this open for conversation, but like I don't I don't want you to feel locked into your class either. Like I can completely understand if next week or the week after you go Josh. Look, I'm so sorry, mate. I fucking told you I was playing Destruction Warlock, but I'm just really not feeling it. I want to play this class instead instead. I'm sure it'll be fine and we can make it work. Just reach out to me. I have no doubt that we're going to get a few more changes over the next couple of weeks, So just don't feel locked. The worst thing that could happen is we get people playing a class they don't want to play outside of Voodoo.
Speaker 6: Here's where you go.
Speaker 5: You're regretting Shadow Priests already.
Speaker 1: No, he does like he likes it. He does like it.
Speaker 5: Oh sorry, I forgot his classes fired guild Bink.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, Voodoo. I mean, I don't want to talks for you. We're not being mean. You do enjoy Shadow Breste right, Oh yeah, I love it. I shut the fuck up.
Speaker 5: Oh god, the excitement is.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Link link twice, I know, right.
Speaker 1: Fuck. I we did a we did a heroic just earlier on the PCR, and yeah, I was happy with my little Fury Warrior. I said I'd play Mage. It's funny because I said, I pay my Playmage, and a thousand majors signed up, and I said, fine, it's probably better for the guild if I play Warrior anyway, because then I can, you know, flex tank if need be, even though I don't want to really play tank. And now all the majors have disappeared, so it's wonderful. So I've got some real decisions to make on whether i play Major or Warrior. But I'll probably stick with the Warrior. But you know, because it's me. Nothing is locked down until it's day one of TBC. So is anyone else here if he about their class or is everyone pretty confident?
Speaker 14: No, I'm not iffy about giving it a go. I'm a bit I'm a bit iffy play it though, but I'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Rest Druid's pace a pot.
Speaker 3: It's my mic working better. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, An you guys understanding, Alright. Cool.
Speaker 30: I was gonna say, I'm like, I'm cool playing Drude for you guys, but I just want to iterate again too, like if there are a bunch of changeups, like I'm the most still guy like in like in the guilds. So if we end up on a Saturday team needing a tank and the tank drops out or a healer by the time we actually start TVC, like, I'm not locked into Boomy, super happy to play Boomy fore you guys, but just a reminder him down for anything.
Speaker 1: See that that's how you get yourself hard. Rest Autumn's people, if he can fucking back that positive attitude up on the mates. Fucking that's what I'm like.
Speaker 31: To hey man, the meters will be too high if I'm a boomy. I don't know if you ever seen TBC boomy numbers, sig.
Speaker 3: It up will help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly what We've pretty much got it. I'm just trying to think of what we're mis seeing, not that I would want. I'm happy with this ro stat as it's set right now. I'm just trying to think were we actually don't have have not that we need it. We don't have a survival hunter. We don't have a demonology warlock. No one needs one of them. We don't have a fire mage, not that you need one. We don't have a I think that's about it. We have a disc priest. Not that again, it doesn't fucking none of it matters.
Speaker 8: Just priest is so good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are, they are.
Speaker 8: I apologize that this already got said.
Speaker 17: Is there like a is there like a date that your people are targeting to try to do the first raid?
Speaker 8: Like we're lovely?
Speaker 1: Oh really really good point, great point. We we sort of started talking about it. I look, I'm flexible on this, but like we're not. We're not doing the You must be seventy and fucking ready to raid by day one of when the raid comes out. Absolutely not right. But in saying that, I don't want to pay take the piece and let people like Limp dick their way to seventy over six weeks. Do you know what I mean? So I'm open for feedback on this one. This will be a group decision. I will basically say my preference would be be ready by either the second or the third week that the raid is out. What do you guys think?
Speaker 9: Mm hmm, that's fair. That's more than enough time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So do we know when the raid is coming out as week?
Speaker 8: Is it for sure going to be two weeks after?
Speaker 1: We don't know. I'm guessing two weeks, okay, the two weeks or one week that they don't usually do one week.
Speaker 4: I feel like Karra was available the same week.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know.
Speaker 9: It could very well be ready for the get go, honestly, especially we're testing on it already.
Speaker 11: I don't know about twenty five minutes, but I remember doing Cara five days after launch.
Speaker 1: Let's do it this way, Let's forget get that. Let's go from the date of launch plus how many days do you would you rather be seventy and ready three weeks after launch or more or less? It's up to you, guys. I think three is maybe a sweet spot, but I'm happy to be led.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean three weeks for twenty fives is like more than generous?
Speaker 1: Should we should we have? Should we have? Should we have? The Like, I want you ready by three weeks after launch, but the hard court cut off is four weeks. Basically, if you're not ready by four weeks, we'll have to replace your slot.
Speaker 11: I would say that about three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what do you guys think? Anyone else on this one?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm serious.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I would say three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't fuck around. That's a second vote for cut off for three weeks. What do you other guys think?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So, I mean there would be like a first official rate and then there would be like a cut off. These are two separate dates, right.
Speaker 1: Or separate two separate dates. I'm happy to give people leeway, Like I'm not going to be like, if you're notady in that first rate, you're fucking out. No, I'm I'm happy to wait a week or sorry for people to catch up.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the cutoff?
Speaker 25: And like we're talking like pre biss.
Speaker 1: Or Oh, I don't care about gee, I'm just talking about just get to seventy.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 25: I think three weeks is reasonable, I would say.
Speaker 7: Also, you don't need prebiss to do nerved care.
Speaker 3: Yeah of course, yeah, yeah, you need to take care to get your gear to do heroic exactly, exactly.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I think three weeks is a good timeline.
Speaker 1: I only want to say this if everyone's okay with it. So someone yell out if you think we're being too harsh.
Speaker 7: Look at someone with no skin in the game.
Speaker 31: The way guilds that I've done it in the past is like you said a cut off, Like you're saying like three weeks or something, and when a bunch of you were already level seventy after five days, you guys just go as a non standard group and plug it and have a good time and tell them the cut off dat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so do you think so? Do you think four weeks is taking the piers?
Speaker 7: I think that's too much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, wait, too much? Okay, people are going to get yeah, all right, all right, three weeks, three weeks, it is Voodoo will have to put a boot up Hunk's ass. Okay, one of us work the level for him. We actually might have to. Like he he's a liability.
Speaker 6: We'll take ano sens.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, he's so fucking bad.
Speaker 7: Guess I gotta split and looking forward to reading with you. Thanks Josh, you.
Speaker 1: Too, man, Thank you, thank you, thank you. All right, guys, that that I'd mean it this time, we can just shoot the ship. I'd like, we're done with the guild stuff that that. Thank you so much for.
Speaker 3: Just in and put himself on follow.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean that's that's probably what what we'll have to do with him. I don't know. I mean, I'm half joking, like we're not going to fucking level for Haunk, But like if he really says to me, mate, I'm not going to make it. I need you to do it, then I consider it. We'll see. Just do the old put him on follow, see what happens hypathetically. But Josh, that's terms of service. Fucking Josh, you boot yourself from the guild. You're breaking the rules. You've I didn't touch on the gold buying rule of let's let me quickly do that. I'm so sorry everyone. You can't kick people out of the guild for buying gold while you're breaking terms of service and leveling for your mate, which is a fair fair Yeah, exactly, so Voodoo. I just want to say this thing for anyone listening at home that didn't see my notification of the discord, for all you guys here, like, I know you guys know what I've said, but I just I need to seriously underline something. M We kicked another person out of the guild for gold buying two days ago, and they tried to do the most ridiculous excuse in the world, even though it was incredibly obvious that they bought gold. And I don't want to hear the fucking but how do you know? How do you know? I wasn't born yesterday. I'm not a fucking idiot. So it's a shame because I mean, the guy's a nice guy and he was keen to raid with us, and now I'm sorry, but he's wearing the social ramifications of not being able to raid with us because I fucking caught him gold buying. And you guys know, I have like three or four massive issues with Wow like bugbears, and gold buying is one of them. So I just want to put it out there to people that I am not fucking joking when I say I will boot you without thinking if you even give me half a reason to think you've bought gold. And that's the thing that people are struggling with, Like, it's not Josh has to prove I'm buying gold, it's if Josh suspects that I am buying gold, I am gone from this guild. So it's on you to do everything to avoid me suspect you of buying gold. Okay, Now, I appreciate that people can get wealthy in this game and that there are perfectly plausible arguments out there as to why you have wealth, but don't do the dumb one where it's like, hey, hey, hey, I'll buy gold and just told tell him I haven't slept for a week, and I mind seven days in a row. And that's why I've got all this shit. I can fucking put two and two together, and no one is safe. And this goes to Marcus, this goes to Voodoo, this goes to Ale, this goes to Hunk, especially, it goes to those guys I don't care how tight we are. I will fucking unceremoniously boot you from the guild and laugh while doing it if I catch you buying gold end a story. Do not think you're safe. I'm wearing the friendship blanket. No, you're fucking not. The rule applies to everyone. You're gone, No debates, no questions asked. This is a big thing for me. Guys, don't fuck with me on this is that okay for everyone?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, yep, all right.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 1: People have made fun of me because I remember there was that guy a few years ago when the fresh Rath Servers or whatever came out and the content creator was like, I'm gonna make an ethical guild and all that shit. Like people have sort of already started teasing me about trying to do something similar, and it's like, no, I'm not. I look, I'm not trying to like get too high up on my soapbox here. It's just like, I don't think it's wild to ask people not to fucking buy gold and cheat. Says the guy who says he'll level a character for his friend, So you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Well, here, here's the biggest thing with that, Josh is you buy gold and say, you know, you got a couple of guillies are like, hey, man, spectually gold to help get some bags, could you help out? You trade that gold to that person, they're then at risk. Okay, I've seen that happen and it's just not pretty. Yeah, I mean you're putting somebody else to at risk a getting banned as well.
Speaker 1: All of you guys here are wearing the fucking protection of a guild that does not give a shit. Okay, this is not a guild that expects amazing results of You don't stare at the meters and be like, oh my god, I've got to buy gold because I have to have X, Y and Z consume or this guild will turf me, or oh my god, I have to get ninety nine. This is not the past guilt. Look look the Friday team. If they want to do the past thing, they're allowed to. You guys, allows, if you want to build that culture in you go nuts. Okay. I'm more mean, like, I don't care if people you know a log for like, they do the log so that they can submit their passes. I don't care about that. Go nuts. But I don't want a culture being built where it's ninety nine, or fuck off the whole thing with the Saturday team. I can assure you, and I would implore the Friday team to do the same. Is we don't care what you're passing. Press your buttons and you're safe. If I catch you not pressing your buttons, then we're having a different conversation. Okay, but if you're just doing average DPS for your class, that's fine. We're downing the content. Who gives a fuck. I don't expect you to be the best in the world. But if you're not pressing your buttons, and I look at your fucking logs and you're pressing a GCD every six seconds, now we're going to have a very serious conversation about whether or not you can keep your slot in this raid. Okay, that's a very different thing. We don't care about passes. If you get a fucking thirty pass every week, but you're pressing your buttons, I don't care. So don't feel compelled to buy gold because you think you're in a high performance guild. You're not. Huh there, I got it out of my system.
Speaker 14: We also spreads like the plague. You know, we'll let it go, then more people feel compelled or are compelled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's give him, Let's give him the plague.
Speaker 8: Yeah, speaking of parses, Josh, if you're okay with it, I mean my vision I guess for the right team is I want to encourage people to play as hard as they want to and they play their best, and to consume it's hard, and to research their class and to try to get look at logs to get better for themselves personally. But I hate parts culture and I'm just gonna tell everyone if you if I see you bragging like in raid chat or you know, in voice about like your ninety nine parts, the very next day, I'm gonna promise people, I'm gonna come to you Josh and say, can I replace this person?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm kind.
Speaker 8: I was just gonna it's gonna be your choice, not mind.
Speaker 6: Like I'm just said.
Speaker 8: Days, I want to want get better, but.
Speaker 1: Log away, log away, will log you log I'm more than happy to look at your log and see what you can improve. Go nuts, make a friendly joke amongst friends, I don't care. But when if someone starts talking in an obnoxious way about their passes, you'll be fucking treading on thin Ice.
Speaker 8: Cool. Yeah, same page. I hate that ship, like, oh I did better in this fight than you on, you know, in a co op game that's been out for twenty five years, Like it doesn't. I'm not impressed by it. I think it just it puts pressure on other people and it's just done. I think it's not cool.
Speaker 5: You could have positive parse culture like you could we like when we did in Understand, like hey man, hey take got a ninety nine, man, awesome job, or you know, Hitler got ninety nine.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 5: You know, it's not it's not invoking the word.
Speaker 1: Invoking the word past doesn't get you fucking booted. But what I'm saying is, obviously, you know, you know when a line's being crossed, when it's obnoxious or negative or whatnot, like none of that, fucking none of that, because this is not the guild for that. If you want to do that, there's so many other guilds out there for you. Celebrate high performance, but you don't need to punish it. Yeah, exactly. And the people who the people who, you know, if there are people doing terribly, they will be pulled aside and gone, hey man, how can we help you out you know, let's try and lift your performance, otherwise we might have to replace you. That's fine, that's what it should be exactly.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that's for a RAID leader to call out, not for randos to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's not for one hunter to turn to the other and go shut the fuck up, mister sixty three. You know what I mean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: So, look, we're going to be fine, but we're not the past culture Guild. But in saying that, yes, Vestige, I don't want to scare you shitless. You're not going to be banned for saying the word passing raids.
Speaker 3: None of us are buying gold. They are able to afford, and he consumes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, exactly exactly, So do what you want with consumes. I don't give a fuck my Saturday raid. They won't be mandatory, you know, it's the old. It's it sucks because you do the old. They're not mandatory but encouraged. But then when you say that, everyone thinks they're mandatory and turns up with them anyway. Of course, I'll want you turning up with consumes, but like I'm not going to be like, hey man, you're out of the raid because you didn't bring consumes this week. I just don't give a fuck. I don't give a fucking particularly in phase one, Phase one, I don't give a fuck. But anyway, we'll get it done. We'll get it done. We'll sort it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the guild will be happy the last we can get. We can consume while.
Speaker 1: Mmmmm, we'll sort out things like the guild. You know, profession people like I don't know what if you guys, you probably have put a lot of thought already into what professions you're gonna do. We'll have the guild enchanter, we'll have the guild fucking Taylor all that shit. Who is going to be out fucking super sweaty and chance. Has anyone giving any thoughts to that?
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm going and chanting, but I don't necessarily care if I have the enchant. I just want to make sure whatever does you better be online, right, Like I hate when people get the enchant and they raid log and then no one ever get their chance. So I don't mind being that people but person but I know some people really love collecting all the chance, and I'm happy to let them do it. But unless someone like steps up all for my.
Speaker 15: Team, and I was planning on doing doing and chanting and you know, going into that hole selling in chance and that's kind of what I wanted to do with Mage.
Speaker 7: So hell yeah, I've never never done that before, but I do.
Speaker 1: I play a lot, so Saturday, right, I will love you.
Speaker 13: I'm probably doing enchanting as well, and I am like always available.
Speaker 1: So who is anyone who's going through the pain, who's going through the pain of crafting?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 1: Something like a fucking dragon More or anything? Who's doing intense crafting professions?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yeah and the maze.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, they changed it back. They changed it again, so you can't on the PTR. That changed it again. So you can't you wheel dragon More.
Speaker 3: Oh you can't do a wheel them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you quoted the start of PTR and now you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't you can do in the in the first well, I guess the second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a light change.
Speaker 3: The flasmith well.
Speaker 19: To craft the tier three of it for your main hand, and then you'd be able to craft the tier two for your office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of the one of them is still amazing.
Speaker 25: Yeah, well yeah, yeah, yeah, you should be able to get like the tier two or Tier three version, you still use the tier two or tier one version of it. That was the whole like overpowered thing of it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah.
Speaker 19: Because it's once you create it, it's a mainhand. Once you get to the tier three version of it, it's mainhand only. But I believe it's one hand the first two tiers, so you would craft the third tier put it into your main hand, and then you would craft the second tier and put it into your off hand. And I believe you get the hase proc with the second tier, so you would be able to double up on your hase PROCs. Still just dual wielding the dragon manes.
Speaker 1: Anyone, anyone being a super sweaty jewel craft up, Well this time no, I know this time.
Speaker 8: Lily Bett's going jewel crafting.
Speaker 1: Someone else's of you guys say, i'd say that thanks for coming along.
Speaker 8: Thank I m you're gonna make so much gold jewell crafting.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that's why I was considered going to.
Speaker 8: We're bringing some alchemists too, because you make some serious gold with alchemy.
Speaker 25: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Anybody that's uh just gonna be popping in and actually starting a bubble at this point. I'm not gonna lie to you. Their people right now are starting to put kids together. So yeah, right now overpriced, Yeah, they're way overpriced. But that's what I mean though, is if you're if you're a miner or you know, orbos, whatever it is, start getting that ship posted because they're buying them up cheaper and putting the kids together and sell them for more for more. So I I got I fuck. I think yesterday alone, just off of mining and doing quests, my pre rec that my prerec quest us. Just yesterday alone, I pulled off almost one hundred gold. So I mean it's just they're they're buying the shit up quick too, because I can't put a true silver deposit up without it selling in fuck five minutes.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm not guys. I will at this stage stay on, but for the purposes of the podcast, guys, I will wrap things up there. Thank you so much for listening in everyone. If you want to see or hear more of the Shenanigans of this Countdown crew, this is just the first step in a long journey. Like I said, we will keep you updated through regular podcast appearances. We are going to have a lot of laughs, a lot of back and forth, some roasting, some fun, some cheering, all on the podcast. We are the only fucking guild in World of Warcraft that has its own podcasts. All right, so all of you guys here, thank you for being part of something unique. I want the world to shout your name and you know, cheer on your accomplishments. I will throw up things on YouTube as I can weave it into my timetable. The unedited raids will likely go up on YouTube from the Saturday crew, and if I have time, I'll put a condensed version of those raids up if I have time. If anyone from the Friday crew wants to record and post their things to YouTube, that would be fucking amazing, but I totally understand if no one has that set up. So everyone listening, thanks for tuning in, and we will all count you you know, speak to you next time on the podcast. Thanks guys, And that's the countdown episode to say everyone, thank you so much for listening to all of that. I know it's a little weird just publicizing a guild meeting, and you know you heard me bumbling and fumbling my way through decisions. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing but I'm trying, so come with this, Come with me on this journey of me trying to do this. It'll be a bit of fun, okay. But all of this couldn't happen without the support the financial support of the following amazing patrons who I love so much. Thank you so much. Flozy, B vucker Ham, Croxford, Odd k honey Bee, Grimois Plays all the Mighty Doloman, Jaron H. Todd p You are all the best. I love you so much. And to all the five dollars, two dollars and one dollar patrons, thank you so much as well. You literally keep this show in the air. I'd stop fucking tomorrow if all the financial support disappeared. Guys, I love you all. I want you all to go out and have the best time in pre Patch drops in ten days, play the PTR, pick your class, roll it and level it on pre Patch, or you do your boost if you want to, and then I'm sure sure the Dark Portal will not be far away from that. We're getting very close to having a boatload of fun. Come meet the countdown, Sacrew. If you're not in the Discord and you're still listening to the show, what the fucking you're doing. Get in there and meet us and come chat to us. I love you all, I'll see you all on the next episode.