Speaker 1: Aren't y'all tired? No chemistry over the podcasts, which is just right comment we actually got.
Speaker 2: This is the touchdown tangency your week. We spot our NFL takes topical tangency and context for the coach cult. So tune in, tune in because you never know if you're gonna get a make.
Speaker 1: But either way, Away had the touchdown down. What's up, good people?
Speaker 2: Touchdowns and tangs Here Hawthorne, California, your NFL spot for topical takes tangents for the culture.
Speaker 1: I am P. T.
Speaker 3: Camrio, I'm Kenneth Frankly James Berry.
Speaker 2: And we are on the second take of this. Hopefully there's no power issues this time around.
Speaker 1: But football's back.
Speaker 2: Kenny Hall of fameame just passed Bons Chargers. Trey Lance went out there and got the start. Harbaugh was firing up before the game went out there, made some plays. They pretty much dog walked the Lions. Jerry Goff threw a pick. Everyone on social media overreacted. Look at golf without Ben Johnson, et cetera, et cetera. Antonio Gates made his acceptance speech before other guys got in, solling on man, how you feeling? How you feeling about football being back.
Speaker 1: I'm happy mostly just for this year.
Speaker 3: Fact of like high school and college are back and alight at a certain point, like once you look back in high school and realize that's the last time you were innocent, You're like, I just want the best for these kids. And you know, like with football, injuries are gonna happen. Somebody's gonna have the best year of their life, somebody's gonna have the worst shit of their life. And it's all tied in. We're all living this shit together, and you factor, and you know, we're all experiencing football in different aspects of our lives. So it ended up to be a pretty fun year. I mean, the year's almost over already, we're already in August. It's crazy, though, do you get the faster than about to go by? This shit is crazy. Could have warned us, They could have warned us. They told us, But I don't really think they warned us. It's more like they just said, all right, you'll see when you're older. Hey, that's not funny because I see it now that I'm older and my back hurts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, Ultimately, it's great that football is back. I wanted to go to the Raiders camp this past weekend, but had a game, so I didn't make it. But Chargers having a bunch of open practices. Rams have had a bunch of practices. Cowboys been fucking around and Oxen and heard. But yeah, man, it's just all around a good time right now, buzz in the air. High schools are starting back up, starting to feel like fall.
Speaker 3: Most importantly, how Thorn to Lindale. We'll be playing at so far well the first time ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah's cool.
Speaker 3: August August twenty first, I don't give it shit it I hope Lindelle don't get blown out. But oh my god, oh for people who grew up in the city, I might cry that day. I might have figure out how to get some media credentials because I gotta be on the field interviewing people.
Speaker 1: They gotta have me out there. I was. I was there during the history of this rivalry, the heart of it. But yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I'm more excited about college in high school than the pros because the NFL is inevitable. I feel like the Passing League and Summer League that was just that felt like that was forever.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the virtual measurement stiff, like the Raiders are gonna somehow get hold. Yeah, but I only saw like one clip of it.
Speaker 2: What kind of corantine, But it's too early to tell because we just rolling out like this is really the test season.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Now if they if it goes Haywire gets screwed up in a playoff game, Yeah, that can't happen.
Speaker 2: So just petting money, no comment, No, I know you probably can't talk about it, but yeah, man, that's the situation. NFL offices in New York. Basically some dude who was originally from California played high school football basically targeting.
Speaker 1: The I thought it was Santa.
Speaker 3: Clarita something like that, but his coach was like his former coaches like the Hills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so versions pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's targeting in the NFL because he feels like he had CT from all his years playing high school and youth football.
Speaker 3: Blackstone CEO also got somebody at Blackstone, like I guess, like an investment firm that like buys up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 2: This building has some of the top heads funds, financial officers.
Speaker 1: Et cetera. In this office.
Speaker 2: So basically ran up in there, held himself hostage and took his own life and four others with him. So it's just all around a sad situation. Should really just a reminder that in this country, it's like it doesn't matter where you go, whether it's school, work or you know, anywhere else, concert, movie, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Like some bullshit could happen, some tragedy. It's sad. It sucks. No, it sucks for you because you're close to.
Speaker 2: It's nothing new either, so it's just sad. With that on a water note, I guess we can turn to college football.
Speaker 3: Now before I play another interview? Should I should just wait?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: Like I wait, some things did happen, Like I said, at least for high school, Lowndale and Hawthorne High will be playing out so far it should be for the Mayor's Cup, but who knows. They for some reason Malondock gets as well as they discontinuate because Lindel technically was never involved with the Mayor's Cup. But it's like, we're right there and we were clapping hot thornch cheeks every time he played them. Now after I graduated and we left, that's a whole different story. But that's gonna be great, Like you got the East LA Classic to have more local high school teams playing at so far is going to be awesome. Truly excited for it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: College football, DJ wing guard per Due offensive lineman who I think potentially could be making like upwards of two hundred thousand dollars in IL money. He sued the n double A because they he thought he had actually eligibility left and they told him he didn't. So now like he's still and he's some One of the reporters asked him, like, how acs Lincoln, how is he holding up? And he's like it's not good because like this could be the end of his college career.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think he had like some COVID time like certain things where he's legally supposed to have the year, but there are provisions and some of the rules that might prevent that. And he's supposed to be their starting center I think at USC this year.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of up in the air.
Speaker 3: Also, just talks of intense and kind of heat it up with more schools, especially the Carolina schools North Carolina, all them.
Speaker 1: Potentially leaving to go to the Big Ten.
Speaker 3: That's that's weird, how that like those talks kind of heat it up, but we kind of don't stand by, so we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Also, Warrence Taylor being on the sports committee and not even knowing why or what.
Speaker 1: We started. Taylor, like, we get it, bro, you ran like a four to three.
Speaker 3: You're a fast linebacker, but you got a weird history with women.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 3: I don't care how good of a past rusher you were. You got a weird history of women. Little girls like you. You're kind of my Carl alone category. Like old heads like Launch Taylor. I'm like, you mean a dude that keep getting caught with underage girls, and y'all that's your hero, that's your friend.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, the old generation hit pedophiles pedophiles for a while.
Speaker 3: The old generation were pedophiles. Let's be real, a lot of them were pedophile and contone, you didn't maybe you didn't fuck a little kid, but you sure did fuck some young person's life up. Probably we could have that discussion all day. We could just look at the job market for young people. We could just look at I don't know, the journalism field and all the people who ended up leaving it for various reasons. But you know, some of these older professors don't have those conversations. You just say you're not working hard enough, and it's like you wouldn't have made it in today's time period, so shut your hats up.
Speaker 1: But that's a whole nother story. Again. I blame all.
Speaker 3: I blame all the boomers and the old people for the decayed of society because we were kids, y'all were adults when this shit was happening, Which is weird because like Triple H and them, funny that not one black person there because Lawrence Taylor wasn't in some of those pictures, but Triple H who they rein. They re institute at the presidential fitness test, which the president himself would fail at. And Triple AH can't do it because he did all those steroids early in his life, which is probably why he had the heart attack to begin with, because he was definitely on Gear and other ship because stock Scott Steiner infamously said, if getting drug tested, Triple A just is getting drug tested with me or just neither others is getting drug tested.
Speaker 1: And guess what he got drug tested. That's what Gear does.
Speaker 3: That's ladies and gentlemen, that's why you don't do all this weird ship to your body. But somehow Paulovek, who had a heart attack and can no longer even wrestle, probably can't even like raise his voice too much because you know, heart issues. He's gonna somehow make kids healthier again. These poor kids, they just just we have the stupidest adults in charge. Yeah, that's a real thing. The Presidential Fitness Test. They're bringing that back. So I guess start CrossFit training your kids or whatever weird shit y'all be doing out here.
Speaker 2: Takeaways from media day. You're gonna play some interviews or what? Oh yeah, sure I will play a little some sung Uh it's gone from Big ten. I'm sure my WiFi is actually connected. What happened last time? Hey, did you turn on the thing? I mean it should be and hm I connected out again? Connected to someone's iPhone. I connected to my iPad Loki.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So interviewed a lot of all the coaches ship, so you just gonna have to play it all right, So interviewed a bunch of players and coaches.
Speaker 1: So I'll start with Damn Lanning. There we go. I heard something I'm just watching.
Speaker 3: I wasn't knowing I was gonna play I was playing there, we got found it. You absolutely deal with in iol that's one thing. But you know you just talked about got a bunch of guys drafted. All your linebackers you got drafted. How hard is it to hold on to assistant coaches who are producing those players?
Speaker 1: You know at this level.
Speaker 4: Scottie White was that was somebody that people across the street were trying to steal from it. You know, so he's a he's a great coach, and he's somebody that we have a personal relationship with. I don't think them trying to steal him was want of work, but it was, you know, like you said, when you when you guys are getting drafted, they're try to steal your people in that. I'm just glad that's got you. White chose to stay in place.
Speaker 1: Coach about all right?
Speaker 3: That was head coach Sean Foster, because you know, he had three lots three of his starting linebackers all got drafted to the NFL. And he didn't say allegedly pretty much said, yeah, USC tried to steal one of my assistants. And it's funny, how like the gamesmanship between USC la uh kind of keeps going on. So that kind of never surprises me, but it definitely is interesting, right, And do you still reach out to you know, John fox past coaches who have helped you, especially now going into your second year.
Speaker 4: Most definitely talked to Foxy, especially last year right before I got the job.
Speaker 1: I talked to Kelly Skipper, my running back coach.
Speaker 4: He's Buffalo Bills, he's my writing back coach at u c l A. I talked to his dad, Kelly Skipper, who's my running back coach in Carolina.
Speaker 1: So not a lot and they're willing to help him. They want to see me succeed.
Speaker 3: You still reach out to So that that second part of the interview with DaShan Foster, I was just talking about him, you know, me asking about his.
Speaker 1: Coaching tree and who who he leans on.
Speaker 3: And you could tell like in year or two, he's definitely got more comfortable talking with the media. Immediate day he came out and was like, I'm going to reiterate again.
Speaker 1: U c l A is in is in La.
Speaker 3: We are here, we've been here, We're making history, and he like he kind of yucked it up. He played up, so you know, the the embarrassing sound bite that he had last year, So that was that was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: To see him kind of lean into that and uh, well yeah, yeah, he said, you know, I just that one. I feel like you've grown the most in the song season. I'll just say, getting outside of my comfort zone, like I was saying, is just.
Speaker 5: Getting outside doing more things with more teammates. And it's not just about me laces, getting outside my comfort zone, just doing things I don't want to do. I think that's where I've grown the most.
Speaker 3: A got like gentry you talked about obviously, fiery athletic, can do a lot.
Speaker 1: How have you seen him grown in that leadership role? How much? All the linebackers?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's been great to see him take over that that role. I mean we have a young linebacker next to him, Dad Stevens. Uh, he's been great too, So seeing him to compete summer workouts has been crazy.
Speaker 1: So it's just it's been a lot. It's been a lot, and I'm glad we had gave you back this year.
Speaker 3: Were you and you know James kind of gone back and forth that mental games and practicing and team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been it's been some battles. I mean day is a great quarterback to.
Speaker 5: Look you off his mobile on the run, strong arm, great accuracy. So it's been it's been great to go up against days every day packers.
Speaker 1: All Right, So Kamaria Ramsey.
Speaker 3: Potential draft pick this year, pretty much he uh, Lincoln pretty much like gave him the gave him the job of like, hey, I need to be more vocal this year. He needs you to talk more, which I mean I've been watching the kid play since he's a sophomore in high school. Being a vocal I mean, like he said, he makes himself physically known on that field. He's knocked cut people out, He's made great plays. So I think, yeah, he's I think he's just because he's transitioning more into like, Okay, you're really going to be the free safety, the quarterback of this defense for us. See, that's kind of going to be interesting to see how it plays out because they have a tough schedule and they're kind of light in the linebacking corps outside of Eric Gentry.
Speaker 1: They like Stevens, but like Gentry really is the.
Speaker 3: Guy that Elijah Nwbi's back at linebacker after being a defensive end. You have to replace one of your all time leading tacklers and players and Jay Higgins, Uh, the fact that he's had on that linebacker room that you've.
Speaker 1: Seen this offseason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jay is Uh. We just talked about the changes in college athletics.
Speaker 1: J Jay is a good a great, great.
Speaker 6: Illustration of you know what I talked about, it's being a developmental program and.
Speaker 1: You know, the guy, to me, he's.
Speaker 6: Everything that's great about college athletics. He also played behind a really good foot in the linebacker and we were all worried a couple of years ago, what are we gonna do to replace Jack Campbell? And the answer is Jay Higgins, Ja can it Berry?
Speaker 1: Touchdown? The tangents? Coach right? Play like four? You want to play another one? Where is that good?
Speaker 2: I don't know you got anything else that jumps out of you? You want to play?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Schools state lineman this year and you know.
Speaker 3: He's a Stockton native Front of the Bay and I was like, you know, they letting you touch the ox.
Speaker 1: They're letting you touch the ox this year now, And.
Speaker 3: He joked about it him and like Ephesians were like, yeah, they let him touch the socks.
Speaker 1: Now. He's a senior. He's in the rotation.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I again, I got a bunch of interviews I'm gonna play throughout the season just because you know the great stories. I didn't know that Brandon Shaff for example, I'll talk to I waft blindman. I didn't know that Brandon Sheriff was a high school quarterback. That's crazy and.
Speaker 1: A good one too. Don't know what.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of weight room records at all right. Well, by the way, all right, man, So a lot of a lot of contrasts got done. Still some few to go, but starting off with today, Zach Steeler with the Dolphins agrees to a three year, sec seven million dollar deal.
Speaker 1: Touchdown her turnover, Kinny.
Speaker 3: I'm called a touchdown. It's ironic because what's his face? Christian Wilkins literally left the Dolphins because they wouldn't pay him, and they end up paying Zach Seeler twice. They paid him the year that Wilkins left, and then they just paid him again with even more money. Is the tackle who had He's a journeyman who had, like I.
Speaker 1: Think he was a fair state.
Speaker 3: He had like ten sacks, tending to have sacks I think a couple of years ago. So he's put up career numbers in Miami and at least been one of the bright spots of that defense, because man, that defense is an injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say it's a touchdown too, just because they have to pay someone over there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, why not With.
Speaker 3: Mika Fitzpatrick being back, It's kind of weird, but I guess I think he'll probably be chilling because they know he's in safety.
Speaker 1: Now. It's like, hey, I'm not playing corner, I'm in safety.
Speaker 2: Courtland Sutton got a four year, ninety two million dollar extension. Touchdown or turnover touchdown.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's been one of the best receivers in recent franchise history and consistent, and I think he's averaged like almost sixteen yards of catch for his career. Like he's a very productive receiver when healthy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, he's not gonna win you a fantasy championship, but he's good for eighty yards and a touchdown.
Speaker 1: So he'll randomly golf for twenty seven points.
Speaker 2: He's consistent, that's for sure. He's bout next favorite targets. So I'm gonna say's a touchdown that had to keep him, especially Broncos don't usually pay receivers, so him Troy Franklin that they get they play off each other.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: Uh Sam's speaking of uh Denver also gave Zach Allen a four year, seventy million dollar guaranteed extension hundred and two million total touchdown or turnover.
Speaker 3: And as a touchdown they pay their guys. They're paying their Cornerstone guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully he keeps playing like he has the past two years and doesn't revert to Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Zach Allen just get lost. I was a young Zach Allen. I know, So where college? Did he go to? Iowa?
Speaker 3: Did he go to Boston College? They went to Iowa. I'm pretty sure he went to Boston College.
Speaker 1: Are you sure? Google it? Yeah, Zach Allen went to Boston College. Are you ready to go? Why? Dude?
Speaker 3: Logan Logan Ryan or something or Dean Lowry even though he got a Northwestern went to Northwestern whatever by uh.
Speaker 1: Next, the uh.
Speaker 2: Colts gave a Bernard Ryman a four year, one hundred million dollar extension touchdown or turnover here.
Speaker 3: And that thing was I think it was like eighty minute. It might have been eighty or ninety million dollars guaranteed. He was like one of the richest contracts ever. I think it's the richest contract of all time. The no, I think somebody surpassed someone just surpassed it, or wait, no, he just surpassed it. Is Rashaun Slater just got a deal last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, when he was the record center at one hundred and fourteen million guaranteed, no guaranteed, ninety two million.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would saying like, yeah, I know, somebody got ninety two million. I think Raymond got won seventy six guaranteed.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 2: Breeman got sixty million guaranteed. All right, so shut so. Rashaun Slater is still the highest of all time, of all time ninety two million guaranteed, which is crazy considering his injury history. But I mean he's been he's an a great player.
Speaker 1: He's an All Pro six foot four left tackle. Yep. Crazy, And he.
Speaker 3: Just got divorced from his wife, and his wife was like, don't make this about me. He earned that contract. I'm just glad the Chargers gave him that ship. After he got his divorce was finalized.
Speaker 2: And a Colton Miller got a three year, sixty six million dollar extension with the Raiders, forty three.
Speaker 3: And a half million dollars guaranteed. I mean, who else were you going to get better? Yeah, so I guess you have to pay premium price for of top fifteen.
Speaker 1: I mean talking about later getting ninety million. I don't think you're talking Slater was an all pro.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying you're talking about Slater getting thirty million a year. Essentially, that's fine. Cold Miller's only getting but barely twenty.
Speaker 1: So I think that's fair. I think that's a good deal. Yeah, it's a fair slot.
Speaker 2: But I mean he's never been a he'll never be a player at his position.
Speaker 3: He's always he's never been top five in the top ten, so I think he's barely top ten.
Speaker 1: He's like top.
Speaker 2: Twelve either way, either way, a better player there either way.
Speaker 1: His contract has always been a good value.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, he's always got this money for six eight to be that agile. Congratulations, man, deserve it. Nobody was expecting that for him. He could become something we you cannot And I honestly the Raiders got a pretty cheap deal on a really good left tackle.
Speaker 1: She falls off the clift and.
Speaker 2: Hell for this is over all right and it already forg It's time to get to this ship. Take your tangent first up. Christian Wilkins aka foot in boot God aka mister knock you out and then kiss you afterwards aka Adam Butler's protagonist efteen reason why so yeah.
Speaker 1: Take your tangent.
Speaker 2: Raiders cutting Christian Wilkins a year after making him one of the highest paid defensive players, season ended after five games due to a foot injury reportedly needed a second surgery. Didn't want to get it, got a bunch of second opinions, they still didn't want to get it.
Speaker 1: He didn't even get a second opinion.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it turns out he had an HR complain about him basically kissing his teammate on the cheek, just trying to belittle him. Now everyone's bringing up all these ig videos of him doing for shit that Clemson.
Speaker 1: Well, he was always taking his fingers in people's asses in the years, ripping balls.
Speaker 3: So yeah, man, which is dirty like line play? You don't you don't play with another man's balls. Take your tangent. I've had gay height, I've had gay teammates in high school and they didn't play that shit, cause it doesn't feel good getting your ball squeezed when you're trying to hit a down block.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel good like that. There's a line you don't cross.
Speaker 3: And Christian Wilkins has always been an habitual lion stepper and been seen as a dirty player by other people in the league who played too much. So I just it just sucks that that draft class Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Cleveland Farrell, Devin White, and the Raiders picked all the wrong Clemson players. Shoot my bad, Sorry, wrong Tiger. I don't refer was it that draft class?
Speaker 1: Was he? Either way, they should have just drafted Dexter. Lawns have their time.
Speaker 3: Tanner mused, mister, I got my ankles tooking by Justin Jefferson. I run a four to four, but I got like seventy eight the corner from there too. Yeah, mister, I had to pick six one title game and rolled that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I just think it's crazy because how long have we been banging the table for the Raiders to get a defensive tackle.
Speaker 1: They finally get one, and he turns.
Speaker 3: Into Javon Walker, even worse worse than Javon Walker even worse than that, it's Javon Walker, Lamar Woodley.
Speaker 1: Jack. Now, the Raiders got so many defensive tackles. Shoot, you might be on the roster as a defensive tackle. I probably am.
Speaker 2: I'm just surprised they haven't signed somebody else with veterans starting to experience, just because Pete Harrell usually picks up pay a lot of veterans defensive tackles, and those tackles, Oh, get rashiem Green. But right now it's just kind of a bunch of journeyman, undrafted late round picks.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that. Can anybody play next to Max Crosby?
Speaker 2: And Yeah, I guess we're still hoping Chris, I mean, Tyree Wilson turns into something.
Speaker 1: But he gutsually got tack on. Now who knows. Oh yeah, you gave oh boy all that money. Who broke bust his foot? Chris? Hecuts all that money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're talking about Wilkins potential patriots. They're talking about a legal battle over the thirty five million in guaranteed money for this year.
Speaker 3: Well, you're gonna have to get another medical thing before anybody signs them again.
Speaker 2: So so it's just a mess of a situation something the Raiders didn't want to have. After an all around positive off season, after getting all that energy in the room, it just became, you know, auditioned by subtraction. But still you're still defense is still missing a big hole. And presumably if everything goes right on the lego, then they should have some money and they should trade for one of these guys that we're going to talk about is available for trade trade.
Speaker 1: Hendrickson been available, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, but yeah they should make that trade. But if not, there's another person on the the block at this point.
Speaker 1: Who just moved to the top of the list.
Speaker 2: Michael Parsons demanded the trade, went on a whole ig notes fucking rant about why he doesn't want to be a dollas cowboy anymore. All his teammates basically changed their profile pictures to him just in solidarity.
Speaker 1: They basically aligned with him.
Speaker 2: Ceede Lamb was like, I mean, Ceedee Lamb's been saying that, like pay this.
Speaker 1: Man, Like what are we waiting? Like why? Like what are we doing to that? Dude's dick is really big?
Speaker 2: But yeah, man, touchdown and turn balls are so small though, and useless. Uh, touchdown and turnover Michael. I mean take her tangent Michael Parsons demanding a trade.
Speaker 1: Dude demanding a trade.
Speaker 3: Touchdown for Michael Parsons, turnover for the asshole with a really loud motor.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: Jerry has lost yet. I mean history has showed. Yeah, you should have not fired Jimmy Johnson. You know you probably should have fired Jason Garrett Tuner, whatever. But I just think when it comes down to it, you don't like Sorry, but Michael Parsons was the first six foot three, two hundred and fifty pounds linebacker who was really playing middle linebacker and outside linebacker. And you said we're gonna use him as a defensive end and he's been everything is advertised, Like that doesn't just grow on trees. I know all these dns run four threes and four fours now, but that dude is different.
Speaker 1: Michael Parsons is a unique animal. He is not you don't.
Speaker 3: You don't find that walking down the street, Like it's easier to find the Aaron Donald than it is of Michael Parsons. That's how rare Michael Parsons is. And so the fact that like Jerry's like this is it's gonna blow over. It's like, not everybody is playing with you, man, not some people really want their money. And this is for the first time since maybe Dion, like Michael Parsons can literally just force Jerry's hand.
Speaker 2: Because you know, he's the best DEFs player in the league. For me, this just always kind of felt in evitable Raiders should just, like ever since, whenever they want, give it to him. I felt like this was always going to come to a boiling point a trade. Max Crosby just just with how Parsons has been so good from the jump off, like you mentioned, been able to play multiple positions really kind of I mean, he's really the face of that team right now. I mean I would say even more than CD or DAK for sure, Like and the way he's built up his profile and platform on the podcast, doing the podcast and the social media. It's like, to me, it always felt like this relationship was going to kind of ball over. So I don't know, it seems like it might be the best interest for both teams to kind of go a different way because you can get a haul for Michael Parsons right now, and also you're still trying to figure out you're trying to figure out what the identity to this team is. Like, we know CD and Dak are two of your greatst players, but Dallas has been good. It's through running the ball, and they got some they got some new backs there. They got a new coach who's making coaches run gasters with the players on some campy shit. But we'll see how it goes. But yeah, I don't blame Parsons for wanting out. I feel like it was always just inevitable.
Speaker 3: And if you don't want my if you don't want my legal counsel in the room with me to negotiate, then you're not serious about negotiating that whole old school trust me at my word. No, you're a billionaire. I don't trust anything you say. You spill blood to get this money. You think I'm just gonna sit up here and just.
Speaker 1: Be like, yeah, sure, you'll do right by me, like you did right by the Marcus ware.
Speaker 3: As Bryant, who already been going at it with NICKI Minaj, but mostly like he pretty much threw out a warning to Jerry Jones, like keep my name out of your mouth, because I stay quiet about a lot of fucked up shit.
Speaker 2: Scary Terry officially requested a trade touchdown or I mean take your tangent on that.
Speaker 3: They should have never let it get this far. You pay that man the reason why he's approaching thirty and play with all these trash ass qbs.
Speaker 1: He would have had better numbers. You gave him a great QB one year, and what did you do?
Speaker 3: Almost lead the league evening touchdowns or like thirteen he kept them in that game against the Eagles.
Speaker 2: I mean he was basically Yeah, he was basically their passing offense last year. So I feel like you have to keep him in if you're going to trade him, you you got to try.
Speaker 1: To get a receiver back at this point, and you.
Speaker 3: Should have took a receiver in the draft if you were just okay with trade, just oh, we don't need to Gary Terry.
Speaker 1: So why did you bring in more offensive firepower? Because who's the running backs? Unimpressed? Who was the other receiver? Deebo Samuel Okay?
Speaker 3: So nine games in a hurt AC joint, he's good for nine games and an AC joint injury. Boymen hitting his elbow so much, I don't know how his fingers still work.
Speaker 1: That's what he wears those pads like.
Speaker 3: He was getting fucked up in San Francisco early in his career. That's why when he finally got paid, he's like, all right, I'll do that little trick, play shit, But like, you can't be having me taking fifteen cares a game and then get eight catches and you want to pay me like ten million a year like a bum.
Speaker 1: But yeah, scary.
Speaker 2: They need to just keep him because he slots there perfectly, and.
Speaker 1: The team that's not gonna pay anybody else.
Speaker 2: They're a team that a lot of people have taken a jump and losing him is not going to help them do that.
Speaker 1: So just then pay him.
Speaker 3: You literally were one game away from the super Bowl. Pay him and stop being stupid.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Trey Hendrickson ended his holdout, reports, the camp ends the fifty K day fines take her Tangent still wants a.
Speaker 1: New deal, still haven't needed up.
Speaker 3: Its technically a hold in yep, and man, yay, they will never know peace and.
Speaker 2: They're about to get ricos they get getting on investigating ship.
Speaker 3: But yeah, this is just probably knowledge, Like for sure, people mad that why would you let them put that in there? That they could find you fifty k a day when you're trying to hold out to get paid like so that that in itself is a whole mess, which will work it tough out.
Speaker 1: I don't really have nothing to say about it. Noah Funt joins the Bengals, take your tangent.
Speaker 3: That's a fucking win for Noah fun I mean, the first time in his career he's like in a perfect situation because Denver, he he was all right for a little bit, but it really wasn't the right situation and he got traded way too fast.
Speaker 1: And then Seattle they just get another tight end. Though, did they get Koseki or someone?
Speaker 3: No, they still have the UCLA tight end. They just someone I think they did though they did, But like he's a true receiving drip like for five speed, same drive fast TJ.
Speaker 2: Hockinson to what I mean, you saw what they did at the old Zuma and hated hers the past couple of years.
Speaker 3: Signed with the Bengals. They do got Yeah, I was thinking about the Broncos. Sorry, but yeah, So with.
Speaker 2: You got two great pass catching tight ends field stretchers.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's presumably if that offense is line.
Speaker 2: And hold up the Bangals basically got an op passing offense. They really do, like like they should really go. Like if the NFL had a passing league, the Bengals would win it decisively.
Speaker 3: Literally t Higgins, Jamar Chase Who's always open.
Speaker 1: When he's fucking Olympic hurdler in the slot. It was the Olympic hurdler in the slot. He's a service. Oh, Andre got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even got the running back court not Brown hands. Yeah, it's not Sydney. It's a sexual see Chase Chase Brown. People love him in fantasy this year. Yeah, I like Joe Mixon and finally signed his contract whom Stewart, Yeah, finally signed it. They finally he got like an extra money up front and he agreed to their language.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be real interesting because like he.
Speaker 3: Was a very raw prospect even though he ran a four or five, especially with this Murphy on the other side though, So so you got him Mason Murphy and then Trey Hendrickson who and may not. That's crazy to be that great and they just don't want to pay you, Like it's the same thing when they didn't want to pay his son Reddick. Yep, they just don't want to pay you when it's time to pay you, and it's like, how else is.
Speaker 1: He going to get his money?
Speaker 2: Saints son Julian Blackman shout out to Tyler Matthew the honey Badger for retiring, but black Men essentially is one of the people that slated to replace him.
Speaker 1: So you take your tangent.
Speaker 3: Young talents and safety are the utah, the no ball there at these things that he's an all there defensively at Saints defense is the front seven. That's when it comes down for sure.
Speaker 2: UH Raiders sign Jamal and Adams convert him to linebacker full time.
Speaker 1: Take your tangent.
Speaker 3: We went from the slowest linebacking group in the league to the fastest.
Speaker 1: It's crazy because had like a four to three, You're like a four to three three four. I just want to know who wins the race with him and Devin White right now.
Speaker 2: I mean I still think they are. They still both sub four five. I mean Devin White was put up a four to six. Devin White was like a four to four one four four flat.
Speaker 3: Jamal Adams was like a four three five for three three at his pro day at LSU.
Speaker 1: But LSU has fast pro dase too, but he ran in the four.
Speaker 2: Threes Chargers at Nahim Hines take her tangent.
Speaker 3: They needed an extra running back who could play special teams and it's trustworthy. I think the last time we saw him he got fucked up, right, He toursh cl on a skiing accident. He got hurt before then too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was out of the league for like two years practically, James Houston, take her tangent to the Cowboys. Wasn't he there already? He somewhere else. He was with the Lions. I thought he was there.
Speaker 3: He went somewhere else and then went to the Cowboys. But I mean, they need all the addressers they can get. He's not gonna Michel Parsons. You need all the addressers you can get. S They are one of their linemen broken broken, broke his neck. He's out for a couple of weeks, Which how to fuck you out for a couple weeks with a broken neck. The broken neck is like the only thing where it's like, and you didn't die.
Speaker 1: I broke my neck. How the fuck are you still existing?
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for dude. We interviewed him a few years ago at the Bowl game. So Smith, no James Houston. Oh yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right. Yeah, that's uh all right, and uh Dallas is looking at Looe Collins.
Speaker 1: He signed him. They signed him because they were tagic.
Speaker 3: Uh ship, that's that's the way they needed because he's familiar. He can play, he can play four out of the five positions. Uh, you already lost Guiden.
Speaker 1: He's been trash like the last two years.
Speaker 3: He was on the Bengals. Everybody looks trash on the Bengals. Fair enough, you lost Guiden lost the card. He lost some other guys. Terrence Steel's hurt. At least he knows the system and he knows the program. So and he loves dak He loves Dakota. So here you go.
Speaker 1: Petan Ellen visits the Chargers.
Speaker 2: Take your tangent? Did I put this in fair fade? Whatever, it doesn't matter, Take your tangent. I would just walking there and be like, look you fucking far we fall. It's only gone a yere like, I don't know why he needs a visit, Just fucking sign him. I'm like, we're playing choy here. So you so you need you guys need a receiver. He needs a job. Philip Rivers is back. Let's just keep your own work. Just keep the Kumba moments rolling.
Speaker 1: The hall. You got new.
Speaker 2: Uniforms, chargers trying to pick a charge went back to USD for training camp for one.
Speaker 3: Day, which that's definitely they're trying to right their curses all they're trying, so so take a while, just just get just get.
Speaker 1: Kidding Allen bag. That's not that hard. That makes too much sense.
Speaker 3: Bringing Malcolm Floyd if he's not there, that's for personal reasons.
Speaker 1: He's probably like fifty now.
Speaker 3: No, he's just had a fucked up neck and he had to retire. Yeah, but he was a baller.
Speaker 1: He's old now, so is LT. But he's younging in LT. What are you talking about? Bro? Are you high right now? No? I'm saying Malcolm. Why would they sign Malcolm? No, I mean sign him. I mean, like just have him in the building. A personality. He's okay, good dudel. It's confused. I was like, Bro, what the fuck are you saying?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: I would never Why would I say Malcolm Floyd. That's one of the receivers you bring up when people want to talk about random receivers. You're like Malcolm Floyd.
Speaker 2: All right, uh, WWE doubling down on Mega and also bringing back broadlast name.
Speaker 1: Told you they don't see color. Yeah, you believe them. Wrestling is Carnie ship at its core, meaning they will lie to you and you them.
Speaker 3: Ship that The Rock came out and said they dispot johnsena is roasting Travis Scott in promos. WWE is like totally dissociating themselves from Travis Scott altogether. They had a blowing up the fut. I don't know what happened. Wrestling journals wouldn't say what happened, but some ship fell apart and they're not on good terms anymore. That's why when Johnsen was cutting this promo before Summer Slam, he took a dig at Travis Scott.
Speaker 1: I don't get it, but all right, you gotta watchline. It's not a storyline like they don't fuck with him.
Speaker 3: It came out they had to argument Travis Scott's piece of ship based on everybody he's ever worked with and what pushes he said and how everything's been coming out.
Speaker 1: It's so fact though, So what did he say? You're still not saying they didn't.
Speaker 3: They won't say what happened, but sources pretty much like they had a fallen out.
Speaker 1: He had to falling out with the execs or whatever. They fell out.
Speaker 3: It was fuck you, no, fuck you, but nobody's talking about it. But it was just really weird that John Cena came on national television and during a promo just took a ship on Travis Scott's life. What did he say pretty much was like, don't worried.
Speaker 1: I won't.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: The next time a platinum rapper comes in and fucks up your match or bitch slaps you, it'll be me.
Speaker 1: He They pretty much like this Travis Scott. He backhanded this Travis Scott, you see injured?
Speaker 3: Well yeah we all know that, but like, no, they fell out after the Rock shit, after the Rock came out. I was like, my job with that storyline is over. And Triple A just like you fuck her. You literally wanted Cody to turn heel, which would have fucked up on all our business. We have to turn seenor heell and instead of you sticking it out with Seea since he turned heel, you left him out to dry and then seeing it pretty much had to abandon the whole heel seen A thing hard?
Speaker 1: Was that so hard to break down?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: What did it take you five questions to give that breakdown? Because you kept asking me what happened?
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know what the fuck Travis scot and then said personally to where they fell out, I'm just telling you nobody did the company fucks with him?
Speaker 1: Now? Got it? All right? That makes a lot more sense Because you said it's a word. I was like, I gonna go to a w probably. Yeah, he's a whore. He's a whore for money. He'll do it crazy. They'll do it too crazy, they'll do it all right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, back to the original point, fair feed bringing back lessendary and all subjects.
Speaker 3: He literally is in a lawsuit with Janelle Grant forty four different times, like Vince mcmanu thatcmailed him to come back and resign with the company by having her fuck him. And there's whole text messages of like by the time I get through it there, you're not gonna be able to use her anymore, not even to stick your thinging or like it's some graphic text messages like I'm being tame.
Speaker 1: Go read the transcripts. It's pretty fucking dark. It's is only a matter of time before Vincent Man comes back. Triple H's been standing next to Trump this whole time. They just they got a huge pop up brock Lesnar coming back, Which why the fuck is brock Lesnar coming back?
Speaker 3: Triple Ah doesn't like there's some things about Triple H. People call out the racism. It's like, bro, you've never booked anybody to be better than you. Those are facts.
Speaker 1: Look at all the people he buried when.
Speaker 3: He was wrestling. Now that he's in charge of the main roster. Kamlo Hayes fucking dead in the water. All this black talent that was killing it in the NXT because Shawn Michaels knows how to actually push and promote black talent Black wrestlers. When they get to the main roster, they're just fucking dead in the water, just like uh montest Ford and Dawkins with the Street profits dead in the water.
Speaker 1: What the fuck is befab doing? Biakable hurt. But it's like he just he he has he's he's standing with a bunch of dudes who are like fucking Nazis and horrible people.
Speaker 3: And fellas, just like Triple ain't standing next to all these dudes. It's like, oh, that's who you hang with, that's who you do business with. All right, bet we get it now. That's why got re signed because the w W was made to look really bad because they're like, everybody loves Vince. Vince may have been a racist and a sexist, but god damnit, he at least gave everybody a shot.
Speaker 1: That's sad when you have to defend man.
Speaker 2: Speaking of chaos, ESPN Fox Fox Sports made a bunch of fires.
Speaker 1: ESPN made a bunch of fires.
Speaker 2: They parted ways with Shannon Sharp right before his brother was inducted into the Hall of Fame. There's rumors saying they're gonna let go Kendrick Perkins bunch ship. Uh, they got rid of Marcus Morris. Isn't he in an Rico with yea? Yeah, basically legal betting around betting wants they did was rent out the house allegedly, but we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Tapping with some Israelis and everybody's like, oh, ship, but yeah, man, so fair fade Shannon Sharp against ESPN. I don't even know how much I can say since he's apparently bought. Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 2: That's a whole other thing, NFL I was gonna talk about in mind, that was an argument.
Speaker 1: All I know is.
Speaker 3: Monique and Cat Williams and a bunch of other black people told that man stop working out with these young girls, mainly these young white girls.
Speaker 1: The ruin your life in two weekends? And what Cat Williams said that, and what.
Speaker 3: Happened to Sean, what happened to Shannon Sharp's life ruined in three weeks? You had, you gave your daughter thirty thousand dollars wedding for her budget, and you have an OnlyFans, bitch, fifty million dollars.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but a hitman is.
Speaker 2: Cheaper, crazy, and two hit man is cheaper than that crazy, crazy crazy.
Speaker 1: I was saying. Couldn't be me. She would have came up missing. Would have been some Lacy Peterson type, not like what's that chick that I'm sure he'll be back on a Trump cabinet board or some country pumpkin ass motherfucker talked all that shit. Look at you now, I swear it just gotta be blessing idiots sometimes like just.
Speaker 2: Put me in a position to give they get some new people at some light instead of just giving the same people more shine, like no one needs more fucking Greenberg fan takes or Mina cooness, I mean a holy ship. Meda comes, clean that up, media comes fan takes, Like, let's get some new blood in. Then let's get some non athlete, non Bristol dick suckers in the seat.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: And by dick suckers, I don't mean anything gender wise. I just mean like, I just mean glazy.
Speaker 3: You mentioned ESPN and dick sucking in the same sense about sexual assault, the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like they've been all around. Whatever sexual way you want to cut it, it still cuts the same way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just wild. Take it. Uh, go ahead, get to your rare and what are you gonna say? It's been a very interesting week for me. Uh start my phone and me I forgot about one more.
Speaker 5: One more.
Speaker 2: John said they want the king's ransom for jamis fair faid.
Speaker 1: They say that.
Speaker 2: They said they won't trade him unless it's for a godfather like offer. Take your tadget.
Speaker 1: That's so that's.
Speaker 3: Cash lighting as fun. It's like, don't overvalue me, knowing God damn well, that's not my market value, you asshole. Now nobody's gonna want me. That's that's like getting a girl pregnant you didn't even love, but like at least she's a good woman, but now she's a baby mom.
Speaker 2: It's just like really loved me because you're not really making me your number one, like you know, your sight being ready to grow up. You don't want to let him go, so you just do whatever you can to pump them up. But really you don't want them to go. You just don't want them to you know, that's really what it comes down.
Speaker 3: You got comfortable with them needing you and in version of that, and that's not fair. That's not a wait a allowed to established girls.
Speaker 1: Said you already said Russell is your starter, which means fucking mister ole, miss jack and Dark is your number two.
Speaker 2: So trade jamis Yeah, you don't get to hold on to him and afford him if you're not gonna if you don't have a role for him, what's the point.
Speaker 1: That's foul?
Speaker 3: But hey, work is work, Yeah, back to your ran. So so August first mark three years me working the NFL network. It's my fourth season, third year. I think, what everything that's happened this year? My nephew's birthday parties, rather than if you just hit nine months feeling like an old man, feeling my mortality and life, how quickly can be taken away?
Speaker 1: Thatstuonomi shit was scary. It was really scary. I an't a lot.
Speaker 3: It's like the big one, like an eight point eight earthquake hit Russia, the sixth strongest earthquake in recorded human history, and we've just been about our day like nothing fucking happened. Like I don't funk around with water in the ocean. That shit scares me. Like you could drown in the ocean and no one would ever find your body. That is a terrifying reality. And like the fact that we're just having earthquakes every day. Yeah, shit worries me. So I'm gonna be posting more of my videos and stuff. Big tim Media Day, my West Media Day as the season goes on. Beat a couple of games too, uh, going to a Dodger game Monday night, so that's gonna be lit.
Speaker 1: And yeah, just thankful for my family, friends and whatnot. And just realized I had a really intense conversation, internal conversation with myself, and I'm just giving up ice cream.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there, I'm kind of with you on the ice cream. But yeah, man, it's been an interesting couple of weeks from me. Last week I finally made it to Petco Park, got to go to a Padres game.
Speaker 1: Pet Coo Park, man, real underrated.
Speaker 2: People say it's the best stadium in America, and honestly it's it probably is because they got a whole downtown area there. Just the whole experience is great. I've heard even music festivals are great there, like Peco Park is the place to be. Got to go to the Zoo, have some beers with my girl. It was nice. And then yeah, outside of that, just been continuing to coach. We took our first l this week just on little stupid execution things, special teams. But yeah, man, you never want to You always want to win, but I really hate losing. So just gonna get back to the basics and keep building from here and our goals are still in front of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah man.
Speaker 2: Finally, the fucking ESPN NFL network deal it reportedly closed or closing. Just crazy. It took a Trump government for them to kind of finally push this deal over. I mean they've been talking about this for you know, seven to ten years, but really the past two to three years it's really heated up.
Speaker 1: And so now we're in this you.
Speaker 2: Know, hyper consolidation fucking time with basically all these billionaires in power. So deal makes sense. I mean, I think things with the NFL are kind of I think the NFL is kind of running out of runway as far as just like printing money and not doing anything about it being a nonprofit and all that shit. So I think people are just kind of tired of seeing that. And also they're getting more involved with these private equity firms and just really trying to find ways to make even more money. So I think that's why they're getting rid of these kind of assets that they have content with media things like that, just to really focus on the real estate business, focus on their key revenue drivers rather than kind of like the adjacent.
Speaker 1: Services that support them.
Speaker 2: And for ESPN, I mean, this just continues them kind of having first access to everything, and now that they won't have to pay extra money to do all these documents with the NFL and things of that nature, they won't have to pay extra money to build these AI programs that can go through all this NFL content and archives.
Speaker 1: So for them, it's really a win.
Speaker 2: And as you can see, I mean, while some of these talent decisions aren't directly influenced by this future deal, I think they provide some context around it. Like you're gonna see some more people get fired because there's just gonna be less spots. Hopefully that means, you know, some opportunity for some other you know, sports media folks out there. But yeah, basically, basically, uh, there's less competition in the field, so more competition has to rise.
Speaker 1: And I'll just leave it at that. This is Touchdowns and Tangents.
Speaker 2: Touchdowns at tangents dot com, TD's underscore tadgents on Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 1: We are out any