Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio Appen.
Speaker 2: Hey, Gary and Channon. I love the show talking about Starbucks and all their little writings on the cup. My granddaughter works for them, and well, videntally, somebody wrote a heart on one and some other comments and they were fired because of the.
Speaker 3: What were the other comments?
Speaker 2: Accused of having other relationships?
Speaker 3: I like your ass, will.
Speaker 2: Okay, so much for writing on your cup.
Speaker 4: We'll talk about that coming up a little bit.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, real quickly. Having worked in the morticians field for some time, I can tell you that talking about the poem, that body is already bloating, rotting, decaying visibly and smelling really bad. I wonder if And by the way, uh, probably seven out of every ten funerals are open casket. No interesting, because morticians are just that good.
Speaker 3: Have a great interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I watched My Girl and I saw the work that's done on a body.
Speaker 4: My Girl of the movie. Yeah, Okay, you.
Speaker 1: Don't want a nineteen ninety one reference anymore. You're done with those, huh uh. Be careful with the comments about the Pope. By the way, apparently there's been a call to the newsroom that I got in trouble when I talked about the Pope's glam squad post mortem glam squad that's going to have to be on standby for the next four days because they're going to have to be there's things that, like our mortician friend said, there's things that need to be done to the body to keep it looking palatable.
Speaker 6: Hey, Garian Channon, you were talking about open caskets. I just I have vivid memories of when my grandfather passed. I was thirteen years old, and.
Speaker 4: A very wonderful, great memory.
Speaker 6: Is the final time I saw him under Reaver. He hugged me so tight and so strong, and I had this great part memory with him. And then they had an open casket, and I still remember. You couldn't tell there was the process, but you could just set like the life was government. It's weird and it kind of ruined the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is so undeniable weird that you say that, because my dad. The last time I saw my dad, he squeezed my hand so hard and I thought, God, with this much strength, he's going to keep keep on living, he's got this is he ain't going anywhere. He he's It was like a vit script and he died a few hours later. But I there must be something towards the end of life where you get this this weird strength making.
Speaker 4: A full burst of energy.
Speaker 3: Is that a thing that yeah? Yeah, I mean, but he didn't have it.
Speaker 1: But he was like in the morphine morphine face haze, right, so like there was no energy.
Speaker 3: It was he was like zoning out or whatever.
Speaker 1: But when when I when I held his hand and he held back, the strength was incredible.
Speaker 4: My mom was joking.
Speaker 7: Within a few hours of dying, she had gotten up out of the bed with help, obviously, was sitting there with my dad and her sister and complaining about feeling sick, and my aunt said, we'll go it's okay, we'll clean it up. It's fine, and she she would pretend to barf. She goes blah blah.
Speaker 4: I remember the weirdest story.
Speaker 7: But I mean, for a couple of days before that, there was no almost no communication.
Speaker 4: It was really she was really out.
Speaker 7: So she wasn't zonked out on morphine. She did have plenty, but but just hours she.
Speaker 1: Was sitting up in a chair making barf jokes. Yeah, what a strong woman.
Speaker 4: All right, it's time for swamp watch. I'm a politician, which means I'm a cheat and a liar, and when I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops. Here we got the real problem is that our leaders are done.
Speaker 1: The other side never quits what.
Speaker 4: I'm not going anywhere.
Speaker 8: So that is how you.
Speaker 4: Train the swat.
Speaker 3: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 2: You know, Americans have always been going act president, but they're not stupid.
Speaker 9: A political flunder is when a politician actually tells.
Speaker 2: The truth whether people voted for you with not swap watch, they're all count of on.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 7: The big story I think trade wise is the Wall Street Journal has a big article suggesting the White House is considering cutting the tariffs on Chinese imports, in some cases by more than a half, in order to de escalate what we're seeing is the gathering clouds of a trade war.
Speaker 1: Now, the President hasn't made a final determination. The discussions remain fluid. Several options are on the table. One official in the administration says Trump would not act unilaterally and would need some action from Beijing to lower tariffs, but kind of backing off that firm stance, and we have seen the markets respond in kind.
Speaker 10: Undred and forty five percent is very high, and it won't be that high. It's not going to be that high. It'll come down substantially, but it won't be zero.
Speaker 1: He used to be zero.
Speaker 4: We were just destroyed.
Speaker 10: China was taking us for a ride and just not going to have It's not going to happen.
Speaker 7: Here is a Secretary of the Treasury, Scott Bessen.
Speaker 11: China can start by moving its economy away from export over capacity and towards supporting its own consumers and domestic demand. Such a ship would help with global rebalancing that the world desperately needs.
Speaker 7: He did suggest that a rebalancing, the word that he used, could take two to three years when it comes to getting things all copasetic with China. One White House official said that the tariffs would likely come down between fifty and sixty five percent, and there was a plan that was put forward by the House Committee on China late last year and the administration is pparently using it as somewhat of a blueprint. It would be thirty five percent levee on stuff coming in from China that's not considered a threat to national security, and one hundred percent at least one hundred percent for those things that are deemed strategic to America's interest. So the proposed phasing in of those levees over the course of five years. We know that President Trump likes to do things right now. We'll see how that goes. But again it looks as if there is some wiggle room. I mentioned earlier that there is a group of Chinese officials in Washington, DC this week, so that may give an opportunity to both sides to kind of meet and discuss whatever's going on, maybe show some develop some of those contours of the outline so we can have some discussions on it.
Speaker 1: Daw Is up five to sixty six, Nasdaq up five point twenty two s and P five hundred up one twelve upon that news and mentioned Elon Musk leaving Doge.
Speaker 3: Potentially that was the rumor.
Speaker 1: The headline today is that he is going to cut back time it doze as Tesla stock's plummet.
Speaker 12: Starting and next month may my time allocation to dog wool drop significantly. They I'll continue to spend a day or two per week on govern matters for as long as the President would like.
Speaker 4: Me to do so.
Speaker 1: I wanted to mention this an earthquake six point two shook is Tanbul today other areas of Turkey as well, prompting widespread panic, a lot of injuries. This is a city of sixteen million people. No immediate reports of serious damage. I believe they mean structural or structural or.
Speaker 3: Unique.
Speaker 7: No, I don't think so, but I just want to I don't want to pressure you in say structurally.
Speaker 1: At least two hundred and thirty six people were treated for injuries while trying to jump from buildings or for panic attacks. Listen to this phrase from the Associated Press. Most of those people in Istanbul where residents are on tenter hooks because the city is considered at a high risk for a major quake.
Speaker 7: Have you ever heard that before? Tenter hooks tenterhooks, Yeah, but I've never heard it in such a what should be a serious story.
Speaker 1: On tenter hooks means to be in a state of anxious suspense or nervous anticipation, like a piece of cloth stretched tightly on a tenter frame. So that was fascinating enterframe, tenter hooks where this is a week of new words. Tell me what that means, which are bulk.
Speaker 7: No, there's not afraid you're going to say it wrong, and I'm trying to protect you from you're.
Speaker 3: Saying it wrong every time. You're trying to.
Speaker 13: The reason why I talk about his speedo is that's the only thing you guys ever played when I said stuff I talk about Trump or football.
Speaker 3: Oh well, here's the fun.
Speaker 13: Wow, I bring up his speed o. It's like magic. Next thing you know, I'm on the air right after I leave the message. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Here's a fun fact. Gary chooses what to play so he doesn't want to hear you talk about Trump or football. He wants to hear you talk about himself in a speedo.
Speaker 3: That's my takeaway.
Speaker 4: That's your takeaway.
Speaker 1: Well, you are the gatekeeper of the talkback and you've only chose to play that gentleman's comments regarding you half naked, three quarters naked, seven eighths naked, this about ninety percent naked, a lot of naked. So is this something that you want to address with him?
Speaker 10: Oh, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: We did get a message from somebody. I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 7: Oh this was not necessarily a end of life topic, but we're talking about the rallying phase.
Speaker 8: Hey, Gary, Shannon, just want to let you know that there is a phase of the death process, or the dying process called the rally phase, which is probably what Shannon, your father was experiencing. Towards the very end. They get this burst of energy, it seems like everything's fine, and then they go a few hours later.
Speaker 6: The same thing happened with my mom fourty years ago.
Speaker 3: So there is such a thing, and it's I learned about it watching Dying for Sex.
Speaker 7: You've seen it in movies and TV shows too. Most often it, I mean in a comedy, is what I was going to say, more so than you would see it in a dramatic although there have been dramatic death scenes where someone is energetic right up until the very end.
Speaker 1: It was actually fascinating in that show Dying for Sex on Hulu where the hospice nurse comes in and says, all right, this is how it's going to happen, and she goes through all the stages and it was fascinating. It was really interesting from a I am not in that phase of life with anyone right now, so it was just interesting to take it all in and go, okay, all right, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I listen. I've said it before.
Speaker 7: The hospice nurses that came and took care of my parents, and they're unbelievable. I mean just and I guess in any line of work, you're gonna find some bad ones, but so amazing in that they see it every day, you don't. I mean they see it every day and they know how difficult it is because you're not used to this, you know that you're losing someone that you love, and they just take away so much of the questions about And it wasn't it wasn't even necessarily for me or I mean for my dad it was. He had a lot of questions about what, what's gonna happen, is it gonna hurt, what's all that stuff? And just those conversations that allowed him to just relax.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just relax.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people want to know a timetable, you know, and it's a hard question to ask. You feel guilty asking it, Like, so how much time do you think he has? Like a day two days a week. I think that's a common question for every family member to have, and a hospice nurse is going to get you as close to God's clock probably as you're ever going to get.
Speaker 7: Which is a great way to put it, because the two times that the question was asked was for Dad. This would have been three weeks before he passed, and then the day that he passed, and it was we asked the first nurse, hey, just like, are we going to make it to Christmas? And she said, yeah, probably going to make it to Christmas, but not but maybe not New Year's Those were her words. And then the nurse that came on December twenty seventh, our December twenty sixth would have said that morning when she came in and checked everything and had conversation with us, she said, it's very close. And by five o'clock that night he passed away. I mean, between Christmas and New Year's. You're right, it's just the idea that they have. They've seen it so often, they know the signs, they know the stages.
Speaker 1: Do you think I could sign those nurses up for football? Action helped me get in on my prize picks.
Speaker 4: It's not a bad.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: I'm well, if the if the Pope didn't have that.
Speaker 1: I was trying to make light and I feel bad about it now you should.
Speaker 7: Uh, this is and I was going to make it no more to make me feel better about me. No more humor attempts when it comes to the Pope.
Speaker 3: No, I think we're doing it.
Speaker 7: There is at least we're in the morning period now, so we'll keep it on the on the downlow, at least until the concrest. I think that Pope would have laughed though about the glam squad, and he loved football.
Speaker 3: Did a lot of them love football?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I mean soccer, soccer football.
Speaker 7: It's not the same Seattle based coffee chain Starbucks has instructed its cafe workers to write messages on every to go cup possible.
Speaker 1: I think it's been five hundred years since I've referred to it or seen it or heard it referred to as Seattle based.
Speaker 7: Why because it's ubiquis that's true forever? That's sally a good point, they said. The doodles have drawn delight, confusion, and shrugs as baristas play Picasso. They've also prompted the company to take steps to rein in some of the artistry and rebuff any baristas who takes shortcuts.
Speaker 1: Well, you can't just say, write something on everyone's cup and then go you wrote something, You wrote that on everyone's cup. I mean, apparently they've gotten they've gone a little bit far. Some of the comments have been you know, you're amazing, You've got this, things like that.
Speaker 3: The smiley face.
Speaker 1: Jim Merritt is a fifty four year old investment officer from Palm Beach. He's a He is a regular smiley Face recipient. He says in his comment it's okay, I guess. Fred McGregor counts himself among the nonplused camp. He's sixty six. He's from Richmond, Virginia. He's a voice actor. Smiled at the catface doodled across the top of his Grande Latte cup alongside a happy Spring message on the sleeve.
Speaker 4: How long does it take?
Speaker 10: That?
Speaker 7: My only concern? How long is it taking somebody to draw a fluffy little cartoon dog on my coffee?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 3: Aren't you just just there to get.
Speaker 4: The You're there to get the coffee and go.
Speaker 1: Richard Holnick was confused by the smeared sharpie greedy greeting on his coffee cup. He says he's fifty six, he's events producer. He said that they're busy. I'm busy. I'm not friends with them.
Speaker 3: What the hell? I don't need a happy face. I liked it.
Speaker 10: I like it.
Speaker 7: I do think it's funny. I think everybody I could go back and double check your work here. But everyone that complained about it was a dude, a middle aged dude. Yeah, give me, just go to my coffee and I gotta go right stop with your dogs.
Speaker 4: And can imagine that John.
Speaker 1: Cobalt got a happy face cat on his coffee cup.
Speaker 3: We'd never hear the end of it.
Speaker 1: Actually, no, that's probably not true, because John's really nice person. In real life he would actually be into that. I think he really would be into like a nice little cat drawing or a dog, like a happy face, maybe a little bow. I think that would in real life, real life John, it would.
Speaker 3: Make him happy.
Speaker 7: I was asking you earlier, since somebody wrote high on your Starbucks cup, if you went in and said that that was your name, you go back to that Starbucks and you know that that barista writes high on everybody's cup and you just say I'll take a triple tall, non fat ventie macchiato.
Speaker 4: And they say what's your name?
Speaker 7: And you say hi, so they say hi, triple tall, non fat you or whatever. The fact that you were able to come up with that Starbucks order, I got two different sizes in there, so.
Speaker 3: I I didn't know.
Speaker 7: I was just like, what who are you? I just said some semi Italian.
Speaker 1: I thought you were a small drip guy. I just got me a regular coffee.
Speaker 4: I am, That's who I am.
Speaker 3: I good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's too much sugar in that other stuff.
Speaker 1: Remember you drank two unicorn Oh my gosh, Starbucks drake.
Speaker 4: What was the unicorn frappe or whatever? That?
Speaker 7: It's so awful, And I had like sparkle. Each one had like eighty grams of sugar.
Speaker 4: It's so bad. I felt so high.
Speaker 3: So you got you got Clammy and Pale?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next, parentsing Justin Worsham's right along.
Speaker 3: It'll be the fastest half hour radio.
Speaker 10: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: Well, you provide the show with depth.
Speaker 4: That's definitely what I justin worship.
Speaker 1: Join Wednesdays Hey, I had a great time listening to your show on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: You know, as much as we d around in.
Speaker 1: Here talking about kids, I really enjoyed it. It was it was a lot of information, a lot of succinctly put information, and I learned a lot and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: It was entertaining as well.
Speaker 4: You can make fun of me for crying, by the way, I can. I could take it.
Speaker 1: I cried to hear the whole thing. You cry, I cry, Sweet Jesus.
Speaker 9: The change in her face like she wanted to take back everything. At the top of the second hour, I got emotional because I had a trust attorney on giving people advice on a state planning and uh, and so reliving the loss of my father that I don't at least say you don't care, like you're the only one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dad's dead. He's gone over her crying stepfather minutes ago.
Speaker 4: I know, trust me, this is how much again?
Speaker 9: You guys pop into my head like Jimmy Crickets of radio in that I'm leaving the building, and I was like, how is that show?
Speaker 4: And then I immediately the two of you like pop up on my shoulder, go you cried your little baby.
Speaker 3: No, you don't have to tell me.
Speaker 1: You think that if I heard you crying on the radio, I wouldn't have led with that, like, oh yeah, what was going on there?
Speaker 9: That's why I said it because I wanted I wanted you to know that if it ever came up, that I could take it. Obviously I could take it, but no, I think it went well. Honestly, you can do it again this week.
Speaker 4: This Sunday is the last day, and then they decide if they want to give it to me or not.
Speaker 1: Really, gosh, that's like that's a sudden death.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of pressure, guys, Hey, don't cry.
Speaker 4: That's just where it's wisdom from a couple of broadcasting.
Speaker 1: You want us to come in and just throw crap at you so you don't cry?
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I mean, this is like fourth quarter and I don't thrive under this kind of pressure. You do not, I'm not a closer.
Speaker 4: Prior.
Speaker 7: Well, let's get personal here. Do you have ADHD? I do not, as far as I'm aware anybody who does.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing.
Speaker 9: Part of why I wanted to bring this in is because there's so much information here that I think I don't think it necessarily is saying that people who are saying they have ADHD don't. But what the biggest thing that left out to me was that the expert who kind of like pioneered the research in this, he felt like a three percent threshold of diagnosis for our country was fair, and in nineteen I think it was ninety seven that jumped up to six percent or five and a half percent. In two thousand it was six point six percent, and then today it's at let me see, eleven point four percent of Americans are diagnosed with ADHD. And what's interesting too, is that he was researching the benefits of using ridlin, which is essentially an amphetamine, and they use that to treat ADHD, and so they did studies to compare it versus behavioral therapy and riddling, and riddling mop the floor with behavioral therapy as far as it's effect on people with ADHD until you get to thirty six months. After three years, there is virtually no difference in the modification of behavior between somebody who was on riddling and somebody who's getting behavior even.
Speaker 7: After having used it for it for thirty six months. You went like, after you're three years old.
Speaker 4: You can't. You can't use it pies anymore. But beforehead hop them, go for it, burn them, take all you want. Okay.
Speaker 7: So, but the the idea of and we saw this, it's not the it's not an exact correlation. We saw this with the discussion about autism and autism the increased rates of autism.
Speaker 4: Is it because we're diagnosing it now better or more than we were.
Speaker 3: Thirty forty years ago? Where is where do we stand with that?
Speaker 9: When it comes to EIGHTYHD, it seems like it again, like you already said, very very different circumstances. Like what's interesting to me is they use nine different categories in two different in two different characters. So there's nine categories for inattentiveness and then there's nine categories for just behavioral issues or impulsiveness. And all you have to do is get six, So that's eighteen total. You just have to have six from any category and you are diagnosed with ADHD. So not a doctor, but just doing some basics. He's pointing at someone in the room that is not me.
Speaker 1: If that's helpful, table, what's the difference between ADHD and easily distracted?
Speaker 4: There's got to be some crossover there. I think that's part of the.
Speaker 9: Conversation we're having, right, Like, just like you know, on Love on the Spectrum, there is a woman on there who said that she is on the spectrum, but she is not what like I'll say myself, not what a dumb person who has knows very little about about No.
Speaker 4: I'm not talking about that. I don't think of her as a rapist.
Speaker 9: She is an empowered woman who wants to have sex and that as well she should. Wow, she's an adult as long as she could find somebody. Take the shovel out of my hand, please carry anything at all.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, and you're in sudden death zone and I'm just laying the mass.
Speaker 3: I take back to that comment and I will move on.
Speaker 4: That's hilarious.
Speaker 9: So again, I wish I had more of an answer for that question other than the experts are saying in writing that they believe it is over diagnosed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think, well, because it was underdiagnosed for so long. I think my mother and her brother definitely had ADHD or have it.
Speaker 3: He's dead, she's alive.
Speaker 1: But like the just the level of like things going on and you know, getting easily distracted and all of that, like all over the place, energy and all the things. But they didn't diagnose women for so long. With this is another thing. It's wildly it's still wild underdiagnosed when it comes to women because they think of it as a little boy problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: The little girls are supposed.
Speaker 1: To just seen and not heard, and then you've got all your crazy stuff going on in your brain.
Speaker 4: Is this also a geographical problem? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, well we saw that with autism where there were pockets of it, right, You saw it like in the South, the rich areas or as being diagnosed because these were parents who were like, I think there's something going on and had the time and the extra money and the leisure to take their kid in and to whatever specialist and get this diagnosis.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But I want to know, because you're talking about the behavioral therapy that that as a as a way to treat adhd add and adhd And I'd be curious if if a kid had something to do on a regular basis, job, chore lot, whatever, you've got to get yourself ready for school, parents aren't is does any of that change.
Speaker 4: The likelihood of a diagnosis? So what later on two things that I think are interesting.
Speaker 9: Once a child or a person has been on Riddlin for thirty six months, they did research and you're more likely to be at least an inch shorter or about at most an inch shorter than other people who are not taking Riddlin, which was interesting as well. But then at the very end of the article, the doctor says that the biggest health has more to do with their circle of friends as they get older than any other treatment. So if you can get them around a peer group that I'm guessing Unfortunately they don't expand on it, but based on the multiple psychologists stuff I talked to on the podcast back in the day, I think what they're saying is is that if you could get them in a supportive environment, but that one that isn't necessarily enabling or making excuses for them, but kind of can gently push them to get better, that they will thrive.
Speaker 7: Interesting because you could do that same thing when it comes to emotions Ye've talked about before, like dealing with your emotions, yeah, as opposed to claiming anxiety and then allowing yourself to shut down.
Speaker 9: And I'm willing to bet that when we come back we could talk about that anxiety right there as being one of those emotions.
Speaker 3: Look at that he's already handling, tossing to the brakes.
Speaker 4: Hope the manager was listening. You think that?
Speaker 10: Good on?
Speaker 4: So I clutched up. Stafford did this? This is good?
Speaker 3: No no no no, no, no no no no, you didn't do that.
Speaker 4: Let's not Stafford.
Speaker 3: Good lord.
Speaker 10: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 7: Everybody's watching the movie Conclave to see what Conclave is, okay, and listen.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I didn't watch the movie, but I know about it enough to know that there's some twists in there that are not going to come up this time around.
Speaker 1: No secret genitals. I believe secret genitals is a good yes, Like it's like secret violent secrets. Yeah, and secret genitals, similar things. Anyway, we'll talk about what you watch on Wednesday coming up, so let us know what you have been watching. You can send us a message on the talkback feature on the iHeart app. As you're listening on the app, just hit the little microphone button and it sends us a message to tell us what you like, what you don't like, what you're excited about Justin Worsham joins us, we talk about the children, talk about the children.
Speaker 7: True, we're talking about anxiety actually just before the break there and some new science studies anxious children. Yeah, and the kind of parent that would raise an anxious child. They serve us this is back at twenty fifteen.
Speaker 9: They surveyed nine hundred paternal and fraternal and identical twins who had children, and what they were trying to do is to use this as a way to figure out if anxiety is more nature or nurture, right, so is it genetically passed on? And what they found, in short is that the child of the twin had more in common with their parents than they did the parents twin. Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: The part that doesn't make sense to me is that it's not accounting for whoever the other parents' biological contribution would be.
Speaker 1: But you're mis Y's right, Yeah, Because if mom's the anxious one, and you've got the two dads, or you've got the brothers that.
Speaker 3: Are twins, and then that one of the twins.
Speaker 1: So except with an anxious woman, they have a kid that pops out and the kid's anxious.
Speaker 9: Dad's not anxious, and they did some digger, deeping deeper, digging into it, and they found that they called it negative behavior, negative parenting behaviors, And what they were saying is that this would be an example of a parent actually inducing anxiety because they feel it, and so this is that thing of But it kind of supports their premise is that where they think anxiety really comes from is the environment. And for me personally, I would go back to the pandemic. Right, my kids were not impacted at all. And I'm not saying I did it right. I'm not saying them did it better. That's not my point. My point is it's just they didn't. They weren't anxious about it. It didn't really affect them academically other than what it would have affected anybody to not be in a classroom. But socially it didn't affect them. But I know a lot of people who their kids were heavily impacted. But I also feel that they were also impacted. Right, So if you're if they.
Speaker 7: Would they were in many ways, or we've said in many ways. They'll take your cues. Yes, how you handle a situation is how they would handle a situation.
Speaker 4: And survey basically supports that.
Speaker 7: And we've said this before, like it's important for me if I'm ever at a restaurant or we were at restaurants with our kids, which didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Very oft because they're kids, you know, want to take into a restaurant.
Speaker 7: But it was always to show respects to the people that were serving your you know, your waiters and waitresses or whoever it was, and the people deliver your food.
Speaker 4: You'll always say thank you to them.
Speaker 7: Tried to impress our kids by tipping well and things like that that you just take your cues in those types of environments, but also those higher stress environments. How does mom handle it when the bills are due, or how does dad handle it when he gets called out on the softball field for being a loser.
Speaker 9: And I think the takeaway from this is that my intent Obviously I'm a guy who cries. I'm very emotional, but I think when it comes to worrying, for of a better way of putting it, that's just not my thing, right So, but that my kids are probably a more either that or they're overcrecting the other way, Like I don't want to be a big baby like my father because I definitely cry more than anyone in the house.
Speaker 4: I know, right, But.
Speaker 7: I again, I I just I'm not thinking as much as I talk crap about it.
Speaker 3: I think it's very it shows a lot of strength.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know if it's just strength does I'm not comfortable with that. I'm with you, Gary, Yeah, carry's thinking of me.
Speaker 4: I'm not. I'm not trying to pretend like I'm strong.
Speaker 3: I'm just cry in front of his children.
Speaker 9: But I think what I what The big takeaway in fact I actually talked about this with my therapists earlier, was that he pointed out to me that I when when thinking back on my father, my father always had it together and he always was like there was As a teenager, I was like, I just wish this guy would be wrong once right. And as I've gotten older, I've seen that, Yeah, he had flaws, he had weaknesses.
Speaker 4: He's a guy. And so I've decided to just be more trained parent.
Speaker 9: With my weaknesses with my kids in case maybe that helps them to grow up and not feel not that Again, I wasn't a victim of anything. I'm just saying that if there's some way that I can prove on what I think. My father did an amazing job as a father. I'm just trying to make it a little bit better. So that's part of the reason. Also, because I can't really control it.
Speaker 3: How much to pay this therapist.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It comes out of my interests.
Speaker 1: You want to stick around for another hour, sure we'll take venmo.
Speaker 4: That's really going to help me with my Sunday audition, channet if also let you do psychoanalyze me for.
Speaker 9: An hour, forget about what's going on in the world. One thing I want to have before we leave, though, that I thought was interesting is there was also examples within this data that parents could pick up anxiety from their children. Really yeah, that it works in the reverse as well, that if you had a kid who was more anxious.
Speaker 4: Which I think makes sense because you're naturally going to fear more anxious.
Speaker 1: I can see you being anxious about your kids anxieties exactly not your own, but feeling like kind of on pins and needles, like are they going to have another episode or whatever kind of thing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because I was very Mike's older son was a very anxious young man.
Speaker 4: Now he is not. Now she was a little more anxious. He's definitely over grade. Just tighten self confidence.
Speaker 3: All right, good for him.
Speaker 4: Justin Sunday from two to four, two to four, last day, tune in or find the possible.
Speaker 3: So what do you find out?
Speaker 1: Like? Is this like cheerleading trials? Like you go to the girls chym and there's a list. There's a list at noon and you find out the next day.
Speaker 4: There it is.
Speaker 9: Two people who've worked in radio for decades longer than I am are asking me how this is going down.
Speaker 5: I don't know either.
Speaker 4: I have no clue. They didn't tell me that part. All right, Well, we're cheering for you.
Speaker 9: I hope I get it, and I just want a cool radio firing story where I come into my badge doesn't work or something one of those.
Speaker 4: I didn't get that.
Speaker 3: I see you going down in a.
Speaker 1: Fire in the studio door, and you're not a quietly the key card guy.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks man. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 7: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app