Speaker 1: Doge digging out there doing ahow of a job sh I can't often for the latest.
Speaker 2: I call it the Force of super Geniuses. Fifty five KRZ The Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Eight oh five at fifty five KRC, the Talk Station, A very happy Wednesday to you up to see it listener Lunch today Mark's first Breweries Blue Pash location on East Kemper. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Representing Ohio's second District, Congressman Dave Taylor.
Speaker 2: Dave good heavy back on the program.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Brian, thank you very much for having me.
Speaker 1: And you were there, weren't you? I was, indeed, indeed, I just I obviously want to hear anything you want to say about that. But former innercent Township trust Trusty Drew Peppis called in this morning and he just just could not believe and I understand. Apparently the Democrats got a memo saying, do not stand for literally anything Donald Trump says or does, period, end of story. We don't know what they were threatened with, but clearly the message got out. They couldn't even stand up for the thirteen year old brain cancer survivor DJ Daniel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would take a very serious threat to keep everybody from standing up for that, and I can only assume that's the case. I never known mister Pappus to be wrong about anything, after all. But DJ Daniel wasn't the highlight of my night, not just the part where he was made our newest secret Service agent. But when I was walking out going to meet my wife that head home, I bumped into him in the hallway and he was staying there. So I went over to congratulate him, and he said, I'm going to give you a hug.
Speaker 2: Oh man, you are.
Speaker 3: Thank you young man. He was. He was quite a young guy.
Speaker 1: That's like an allergy inducing moment there, I imagine, Dave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Experience does. But shameless that the Democrats couldn't even stand for a cancer survivor and just an honoree like that. But whatever I thought Trump did, and I didn't watch it live, I acknowledge because I got a bed early because they get up at two thirty to the morning show. But I read every single word in the transcript, and he did a phenomenal job outlining the accomplishments. It took him a record setting length to do it. The guy just got sworn in like five minutes ago, and it took him at plus an hour to get through all the accomplishments and what he wants Congress to get accomplished as well. It really is amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It is. I didn't realize how long the speech was until afterwards, because it didn't seem long. It was such a great speech when we were enjoying it, and as you say, it's always nice to hear all the things that are being done and moving us in the right direction. And it's a long list, and it's just going to get longer, and it made for a very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: Night well, particularly when I have fully appreciate the work that Doge is doing the Apartment of Government Efficiency. And although they're for whatever reason they think Elon Musk is a Nazi or something, because he's ferreting out all this fraud, waste and abuse. The highlight for me was that section. Then the Democrats sitting on their hands as they were and screaming madly throughout the week's last several weeks about the cuts. These are absolutely indefensible expenditures of money. How can anyone in a country that's broke. If we were sitting on a pile of cash and had all kinds of money to throw around, maybe you could try justifying circumcisions in Mozambique or whatever. But in the final analysis, we are broke, and none of these programs sound legitimate at all. And more fundamentally, that money isn't followed, and nobody's doing an accounting on how it was spent or even if they accomplished the goals that they purport to serve.
Speaker 3: That last point you made, Brian is the thing that's on my mind the most when he's reading the laundry list of the trocities that the doses discovered. There's silly sounding, and they are silly and sometimes worse than silly. But are those dollars really ever leaving the United States or are they being funneled into regime change operations under US eight or all the other in nefarious things been up to here in abroad? These you know, the studies they do on transgender rodents or whatever. Yeah, other country. Let's see the studies. If that money has been spent, Let's see the results of the studies, so we can at least know that it wasn't used for that terrible idea.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a simple proposition, But you'd have to grow the number of government employees tremendously, filled them with accountants in order to track all this money. It's just an illustration of how bloated and insane the expenditures flown out of Washington, DC are so much so And I'll have a stab at the military budget. We can't even audit our own military budget of eight hundred and fifty billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Right, and they failed what eight in a row? And yeah, and when they interviewed the lady about it, says, that's not an indication that there's fraud, waste or abuse. How in the world is not not obviously evidence of fraud, waste and abuse when you can't account for the money you were sent to spend on defending our nation.
Speaker 1: Yes, I also got a kick in seeing a fraud, waste and abuse. The numbers of folks in this country apparently who are over than one hundred and twenty years old, or one hundred and fifty or one case, three hundred and sixty years old. That's an open account. Now, I'm not suggesting in every single one of those circumstances, checks are still going to some presumably dead person, but that is a vehicle for fraud. If someone illegally in our country without a work permit wants to work, they can grab one of those active social Security numbers and assert it as their.
Speaker 3: Own, exactly. And you know, they found cases where they're the same social Security numbers being used for the thousands of different accounts. They were the benefits going a bunch of different directions. But I was glad to hear that there's a two hundred and forty nine year old, so they can they're two hundred and fiftieth birthday will coincide with our nation's two hundred and fiftieth. I know feltrations next fourth of July.
Speaker 1: I know Congress and Dave Taylor, Donald Trump did illustrate and highlight a number of things that Congress is going to have to do that are outside of the controls of executives already. And you know, no one wants an imperial president, but Congress must act. He talked about cutting taxes, making them permanent, among other things. Is that is any of the thing or are any of the things that Donald Trump suggested he wants Congress to Act on and do are they going to be accomplished or we're going to end up in one of these oh not in my district kind of arguments that we quite often get from some Republicans out there.
Speaker 3: I believe so, Brian. We're working very hard on that. You know, the Tax Cuts and Job Act, which which the media and Democrats say it's only benefits billionaires, benefits every single tax paying household the United States.
Speaker 2: It's complete.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely vital that we get that extended, if not made permanent, this go around. But yeah, we're going to get to a lot of those things accomplished. Nobody ever gets everything they want in politics. But I think we're going to really move the ball forward in this round of reconciliation. We'll have another crack at it in twenty twenty six. It's going to be a transformative couple of years. And I just want to assure you that the uh, the political will is there on our side, and you know, we understand that there. So everybody knows somebody who's employed by the federal government, and nobody really wants anybody to lose their job, but we don't want you know, people's tax dollars going to support an unnecessary job either. So that's that's that's a reality that's gonna have to be addressed.
Speaker 1: And the other thing that he obviously burst the bubble of those who were ginty with happiness that that meeting imploded with Vladimir Zelensky. But uh, I guess vlad came back around, didn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's funny how how money changes his mind so quickly he went over to immediately ran over to Europe to beg for money. He didn't get nearly what he needed. And uh then President Trump rightly said, you know, we're not selling you any more weapons provong, you know, prolong this bloody war that that's going nowhere. No one even really understands what winning it means. It changes his mind pretty quickly. Hopefully we actually moved towards East, which everybody wants. I think everybody wants that. I know, you know, it sort of benefits the other side of the aisle that when when the if the war is not ended quickly, when President Trump made it a priority, tended quickly, so they may want to interfere. And there's some certainly some indications that that has been happening. But I think every normal thinking person in the country and the world will like say that war.
Speaker 2: End without question.
Speaker 1: And if the he does sign the minerals deal, that would create an American lasting presence there. American business would be established there to extract the minerals, which I suppose, as we do in other areas of the world where we have American interests, that would provide at least some sort of argument whether it's legitimate or not. I'm not a warhawk, and I don't like the fact that we always act as the world's police officer, as evidence by this particular conflict. But if we have an American presence there, then that does justify defending the American interests on some life level, does it not?
Speaker 3: It absolutely doesn't. You know that those rare minerals are so important to so many of the things we were moving into and technology now, it would be not just an American interest, but a vital one that we would take very seriously. I mean that, as you said, is in and of itself a security guarantee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love that.
Speaker 1: After highlighting the fact that he ended a lot of these green projects, would seem to be a tremendous waste of the taxpayer dollar. I think it's it's rather interesting, ironic perhaps that Europe spent more money buying Russian oil than gas, and they've spent on defending Ukraine so far, and Ukraine's in their backyard, not ours, right right.
Speaker 3: That that that's you know, when you get to the bottom of it, it's it's usually the case that that money is the reason this war continues. It's become profitable for Iran, for Russia, and you know, half of our three hundred billion that's gone over there's un accounted for to a country that the only thing you heard about in the media before this war started about Ukraine was the most corrupt country in the world, and now the money's missing and erect and surprise. So yeah, it's it usually comes down to money and Europe's the relationship with Russia in this situation, and then they're purported undying support for Ukraine doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Well it doesn't.
Speaker 1: And using Russian gas and oil while not extracting their own in the European Union flies in the face of all of their green arguments. I mean, if you're still using petroleum products as we traditionally call them, then how can you get to net carbon zero, which they seem to be chasing their tail over. It just doesn't make a witsworth of sense, right.
Speaker 3: And President Trump in his first term warned Germany and other European nations that they'd regret, you know, buying their or depending on Russia for their energy, and you know they laughed. And now here we are, Yes, we are.
Speaker 1: Any other observations you want to mention, Congressman Taylor.
Speaker 3: You know it was it was a great night. It was, like you said, an absolute laundry list of of of highlights. And there's something you mentioned earlier, President Trump's requests for Congress and that he wants to see us do more of our job. And I do too, and we've been doing that. Our our goal and my goal in my office, and lots of my colleagues on the Republican side have been actively trying to codify President Trump's executive orders into law because I mean, frankly, that's the way it ought to be done. I'm not a fan of executive orders. I think, as we've talked about before, supposed to be governed by legislation. And we're only trying to make a point of doing that because Obviously, the things he's doing need to be done. They're they're great, they're going to move us forward, but we need to make them the law so they don't get flipped over. Uh. In the hopeful, hopefully unlikely event that I see another Democrat president in my lifetime.
Speaker 1: Well, given the Democrats' strategy right now is just say absolutely no to literally everything Donald Trump does, regardless of how good it is for our country, I'm not quite sure what they're going to run on. With the notable exception of inflation, and I thought Donald Trump may have stepped in it when before the election he said he was going to stop inflation on day one. That's not a thing that one single man can accomplish on his own, and with all the pressures and all the factors and things that influence inflation, it's going to be a tough road to hoe. And again, going back to Trump's executive orders, the tariffs are going to cause things to go up in price. I think any economists will acknowledge that.
Speaker 3: I think that there's something he acknowledged too. There could be a little time of adjustment, but the tariffs are going to help with one thing that I think is vitally important, if not a lot of other things. I'm not an economist, but I'm learning. I think we all realize that we've let too much of our vital supply chain move off shore, and the tariff will help us on shore those things. We need the American steel production to increase. We need agricultural products here, believe it or not. Over the last two years, we're uh a net importer of agricultural UH brought agricultural goods, which is just shocking. Yes, unleashed, unleashing the energy sector, getting our pharmaceuticals back, and we're depending on China for a lot of these things. But depending on them for pharmaceuticals is just crazy. You know, computer chips, which obviously the President announced two days ago and then spoke about last night that the big the Taiwan chip making investment that's come in our way. So it will help a lot with that. And I believe the economy is going to really thrive under President truff I obviously is I think most people do. And we'll be making more money, and under the tax cuts and Job Act when extended, we'll be keeping more of it. UH. So that's going to help the economy in general, but hopefully that the teriff aren't necessary forever, because really, all all it takes to to remove the tariffs, which are reciprocal, is for the our trading partners to remove their TIFFs. Canada has been leveling these extremely high teriffs on us for a long time, and we really didn't say a thing about it, and then eventually we politely said, hey, could you you mind stopping these people from across on your border into our country and bringing this deadly drug that's killing our people. And they couldn't be bothered. So some things have to be done until they start acting like the friend that they have always been again, and that's what President Trump's trying to do, I.
Speaker 2: Believe, yep. And it's already starting to bear fruit.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the investments one point seven trillion over the past several weeks. You did have some crackdowns by the Mexican government sending truth to the southern border. They did extra dight twenty five or six of the worst cartel folks for prosecution here, and of course Canada is taking similar actions on their border, so maybe it'll work. Congressman Dave Taylor, second District of High it's been a pleasure talking with you this morning. Keep up the good work and I look forward to having back on the show real soon.
Speaker 3: Brian. I appreciated it, and talk to you sooner and have a great day.
Speaker 1: You do the same, sir A twenty fify five K see talk station. Now, how many realtors do you know they're going to guarantee the sale of your home?
Speaker 2: Well, I know one.
Speaker 1: It's the best real estate agent and team of agents around, Peter Shabriz, the shad Bee Group of Keller Williams Seven Hills, the only folks I would ever consider hiring as a buyer or seller's agent. But in so far as getting your home sold, they guarantee that once you sit down with them at the outset, you agree on a price and a timeline, and if they don't sell your home within that timeline and by that price, Peter will buy it. So you know it's you know, the day it's going to be over and done with, and I'm sure they will sell it. They're wonderful of getting the house is sold for top dollar, but you know, you know you have a guarantee, and that's one of the I don't know any of the real estate agent team that's doing this and just one of the many programs offered by the Shabri Group of Kellerwilliams seven Hills that nobody else is doing. Several ways to reach them. You can remember the website. It's seven zero eight three thousand dot com. You can call them up at five one three seven zero eight three thousand. If you can't remember anything like that, just remember how to spell Chabri c H A, b R I S. Type in Chabri Group in your search engine.
Speaker 2: There you have it. Chabrie Group, Keller Williams seven Hills. This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. There's a lot