Speaker 1: Now here we are again and our habitual alarms there in front of doctor Watson's fireplace, waiting for the good doctor to put down lake.
Speaker 2: Your part, mister Manning, I didn't see you coming. I was reading about your latest to Minican Chang shooting.
Speaker 1: Yes, fine, seems to be riding high Wide and Hanson and most of our big cities.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid, but I paidy.
Speaker 1: We haven't got glack homes and a job.
Speaker 2: It says just what the other thinking.
Speaker 1: But on the other hand, these gangs and racketeers sprung up to be a diabractly with an a hand with rubbish.
Speaker 2: Remember just one case we handled, scud Man of four was Intern Georgiano, the worst schamey than New York ever heard. He didn't call the secretarion in those days in Manchester. The same thing kidnapping blacks meaning bombing, cenerizing in some people. By joining the course of that particular case, Gho Gianna had one man taking through a ride and you call.
Speaker 1: It and that sounds interesting, wanted to tell us about it?
Speaker 2: Well, let me see the year fifteen hundreds and ninety four homes and I was sitting in our rooms in vacancy when.
Speaker 1: I liked to get this story was about the head of it who walked down, So I did just running.
Speaker 2: So I didn't just the up even famous cases. Have you known several about times and time? Well as I was saying, Holmes, and I was sitting in our rooms in vacancy, and I husked you for missus touches. I sud En a friend of them, a land lady who kept lodgings in great Fall street homes and vices. The poor woman was obviously hard the fucking away to the strings of escape. He just hunting those heaving typically for the love Warren war.
Speaker 3: No difficulty Adams, and then with the last of it, even yet.
Speaker 1: A big boar.
Speaker 3: It's just that I don't see him someone who said the other, oh, come.
Speaker 1: Out about my VERSI beau is one and if I be a log, there were too many occasions when you for weeks at the time I worked with you, then my seat them by days.
Speaker 4: A system.
Speaker 3: It never goes out, not even it's nice. I'm will you get to try it out. I'll never see it, not even when he says his bill, not the time of him, ever, he seems for the last three weeks time will trying to get away from something lays me in throne, but can't sleep for fright.
Speaker 1: Where did the Roger birth come here?
Speaker 3: Well? Yes, the terms of l still interview, if he did the science sitting woman dead, were more completely light.
Speaker 5: At the top.
Speaker 3: He said to me, I'll pay five times me on tim He took a tenth time, not after top a ten, and then did to me two weeks. And then then he says, give the less of kindly, and never for any excuse or we a disturbance.
Speaker 1: Hasn't been out since. But I thought you said, just why there that first line?
Speaker 3: He went out and returned veryway. It was all him there, but I had to walking up the stairs, and his door shut and black I pip the block.
Speaker 1: Ain't him but his meals? How did he get his meals?
Speaker 3: But when he reads I take it, pay up and you get on his hair outside his door.
Speaker 6: Then when he.
Speaker 3: Reads again, I'm the trail away up to he want anything?
Speaker 1: Elsy on the stanee, have you brought any of those distemple with your ten?
Speaker 7: Three?
Speaker 3: Here they are.
Speaker 1: Sent to day? Oh that's interesting, written with a broad pointed ballet to his pimple, and printed the message attract the comic, My dear wing say, because that's the opened up and very us pass the gentleman is very unusual.
Speaker 2: Those don't know.
Speaker 1: That's particular the gentlemen of the Pisis and missus one. But play something ends and were look on this after the silver corner has been brought away.
Speaker 2: Evidence is the mark of submi.
Speaker 1: The truth and men's identity fur them all. The person who's underser the follow you reduce, sir when he writes match not matches.
Speaker 2: And let's look the word up of addiction. Win. They're going into singular of course. Now, missus Wallen, what your.
Speaker 6: Logger looks like when you get to bag the book loves He was of a literize Yah he had but to the nation to the fire what I tell you?
Speaker 2: You get his name, sir? Do you have any letters or collars? No, sir, whether you retire.
Speaker 1: When you are a girl going to do his morning, we don't go in there interesting and you've seen nothing has come out of that room, absolutely nothing to burn matches. And to that end, they was on the play that morning brought them with.
Speaker 3: This is that don't tell me about you said nothing to say flaw that ta that this.
Speaker 1: Hudson was right.
Speaker 2: He's maid were used to light to see the river. As you tell what the message were usually quite obvious. Mind, it wasn't quite obvious.
Speaker 1: The shortness of the person these complements is consumed and lighting the pipe or a cigar help lo the wild. Well, well, it's certainly remarkable. Yes, this is Warren.
Speaker 2: The gentleman who is now living in your rooms. Is not the gentleman who engaged them more or health can't tell us that you can reduce the cigarette.
Speaker 1: The elementary, my dear, wasn't elementary.
Speaker 2: That is the size of a thing.
Speaker 1: I believe you said the first gentleman of the beer, missus Waller, we're black bear.
Speaker 2: It was, And.
Speaker 1: Now I think that's the direct Only a teen shaven man could have spoken down the star. Why what even that this the new calling the shot? The shots would have been ten.
Speaker 2: Perhaps see you to hold her? Who possible? My diffult. That's just the way that it's mattered at the end.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's the different person in charge that he has got is well he went out the first night.
Speaker 2: This is one that did the same man returned. I think not, and I think it's just a second Shack who came back.
Speaker 1: The one for whom the first Manchester.
Speaker 2: They both return after there are two men in the excellent matter.
Speaker 1: What's an excellent you're coming along.
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: You men?
Speaker 1: For one? How much does the plot?
Speaker 2: But if you're not too oh.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's so little I have in one day, since he's black and one.
Speaker 2: No, that's subtle that. Oh now this one there things.
Speaker 1: You're nothing more to be done to the moment.
Speaker 2: I hardly think the situation is dangerous, at least.
Speaker 1: Not for the person.
Speaker 2: But keep it informed of any further development.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, mister, I believe you, my man already. Thanks all.
Speaker 1: Here. You're not going to go.
Speaker 2: Fucking about in this affair. And now it's probably just a harmless expensive themselves. So you know, know what, you never know whoever he is, he's living in terror.
Speaker 1: What I want?
Speaker 2: A rubbish science? Who's going to put the bill? What do you expect to get out of a case like this?
Speaker 1: Education?
Speaker 8: The student knowledge was in my great hobby. The student knowledge was full curiosity. That's what it is, playing an acalculated curios. But they wasn't possibly education, student knowledge curiosity. That's they all amount the same thing.
Speaker 2: The ways in your education in this case is i'm uh in the Daily.
Speaker 1: Gazette, my dear fellow, in the tatort the newspapers up in my day, still has the knowledge.
Speaker 2: I say home every time I look at you. You everyone knows buried in a copy of the Daily Gazette. Why the fungus? That's just yellow rags?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Daily Gazette is this and this is one serious lagat? Or remember what else?
Speaker 2: What can you discover from the comn newspaper? There are nothing, nothing at all here. It's four days if we heard of that mysterious gentlemen, this is Warren and not what if you under nothing has two new p nothhing? Youre wrong as you would going, my dear what my m?
Speaker 9: We interrupted the programs for premuous set of Possum from the NBC newsroom in New York. President hostelt Will addressed the Joint Session of Congress at noon tomorrow. We turn it down to the defensives and tell out Holm.
Speaker 2: Might be enemy to the hiding pace of the sterious lodger.
Speaker 1: How would you go about teaching and cut withy just len now throup the papers, My dear fellows, who the agony columns. And since Missus Warren's larger, the he's going to be one paper then, as it is not, forget it that.
Speaker 2: Okay, see now, how can you.
Speaker 1: Tell which notice is the one we are aster by elimination by elimination.
Speaker 2: Pick this paper for instance.
Speaker 1: The addition which appeared two days after the lodger to coub his presidents of Missus Warren.
Speaker 2: MM, the agony color curd. Let's say a look, excuse me? What a collection of grown cries and.
Speaker 1: Utter nonsal Perhaps might they wasn't path but never let an invariable hunting ground for these suders?
Speaker 2: Aren't their education? Well I'll go on the first one means surely Jimmy will not break his mother's heart. Pertain this is this it's the lady who fainted in the Brixton artist. Regard that the lady doesn't in this mess is another every day my heart.
Speaker 1: Loved bleach, watch an unmitigated bleach.
Speaker 2: Go on, you well, well, be patient, we'll find some means of communication. Meanwhile, what's the column? It signed?
Speaker 1: Ge out more?
Speaker 2: Probably is there any other?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Three days later we pick up the pail again. God is now that one and making successful arrangement, patience and prudence, the PRIs will past. Yeah, there's nothing the movie's out of that. They haven't got something less steppinite. Yeah, Park, it's clearing the five times chance to signal a member codes A one e two. And so he was here too.
Speaker 1: Oh what won't you that go?
Speaker 2: He's warming up? Oh well see who that is? But he wasn't done or out? Oohues that enjoy any want to do money?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Well, well, well what is this?
Speaker 2: H little copy of the gazette And just arrived with his house and they got over whoever he's presenting in it? I said, parts fish, actress, sail sill. Oh, come on give me that takee look look do care? A big ride up for several times? A nice matter?
Speaker 1: Now, I say, I wasn't every hour you would if I read a house to white young bating sirt ball.
Speaker 2: Second window left after duck.
Speaker 1: Gee ha ha. That's definitely than I watch them. That's definite than not. Hello, Hello, what's that look out of the window?
Speaker 2: When it wasn't.
Speaker 1: We go to work?
Speaker 2: Said she must be excited to have way and she's she's stopping like a steam engine.
Speaker 1: Oh something happened we weren't there. I'm stop, come in, come in. Oh no, missus one, what's up?
Speaker 3: I kind of set that I could.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, get your breath.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wait a minute, whit miss the time? No man, what's up?
Speaker 3: It's the free method, That's what it is. I have no more of a better. Wait, I'll cuting my backy baggy unna be nd of my pass by am when it comes to knocking my old man at all, just to walk?
Speaker 2: Well, you up anyway? That lesson we wanted to know.
Speaker 3: It was around eleven this morning there was a five you remember, Well, I'm just the water. I'm to get me the money into the school with a head of lunch. Then he said he got some more than ten pages down the road when two men come up behind him through a coat over his head and from look into a tent. That was said that the current twill the clock one o'clock and they don't come back, and there are mina they still left waiting for the onions. Well, two o'clock will come up to any how, and you know what it's too is rough for that?
Speaker 1: Like ye.
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 3: Well there's three o'clock. Final man to pom all Rock and blue and his cold poor. At first, I think he's been in some pub. He said a week just for the crop down.
Speaker 1: Then ye.
Speaker 3: Done, he's not dropped up stays and he tells me he's been driving Robert tomorrows. There's a couple of men fritten in him. And finally they opened the door and chopped him up. And when it comes to we finally was on thetan heat. So we took him back home. And every one now on the so from.
Speaker 2: Moaning and growing and he killing the man talk.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's the only preen days. He just felt it was lifted up fund and then dropped again the lifter.
Speaker 2: That's right, and you connect.
Speaker 3: So we've been living there fifteen years now, and those that's happening a taken. I've said enough of it. Money's not everything.
Speaker 1: Every amount of wait, any wretch that is becoming more morning to see here the pief members of your husband's your lodger, and they headed pub this morning, but they discovered their.
Speaker 2: Mistake to release him.
Speaker 1: Thank for Witte you want to, but your Ludger's enemies are funded there on his Drenk's the best. I just returned to your home at once before anything serious because a chance to happen. In just a moment, we'll rejoined Sherlock Holmes as he endeavors to solve the mystery of Missus Warren's lodgers, ladies and gentlemen. In every American city, town, or village, you'll find a group of people who are worthy of the highest praise, the American Druggists, men and women who are always on the job to serve our needs. Dame Night, this evening, we have a very welcome guest, a druggist from the city of the famous Morning Telephone, Orleans, mister Walle Schwycott of the Shape Bring Schwycott Pharmacay at Carlsen and Genetics. Here's what happened the other day when a friend of mine visited the Sakering Schwycott Pharmacy to swat Usinson have a fine modern drug store. How long you've been serving.
Speaker 2: This neighborhood About twenty five years?
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a long time. Say what were those big buildings I just passed on the way out. Why, the same as Chulane and LA University.
Speaker 2: And we're proud to have some of the students among our best customers.
Speaker 1: And I suppose you have an occasional professor stopping him too.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do college students and professors by medicine, just like anyone else. And that brings up a question I'd like to ask, what do most of your customers buy when they want to relieve the usual symptoms of coals? Romo quinine coal stampers.
Speaker 2: Five big margins. We recommend them and told mister Shape and I had used them to help relieve.
Speaker 1: The common measures of our own coals. That's just the way it happened with Mist Schwycott. There's the crime. It's been a pleasure to at you with miss Tricott, and your statement pays. After the Drugs of the Coast Coast survey conducted by one of Americas leading research organizations and taken among over two thousand American druggis just like yourself, it was founded more than eighty seven percent, at about nine out of every ten druggists recommend promo quinine cold tablets as an effective age in the release of the usual cold system. And an addition, the majority of these druggers said the promo quinine cold tablets with their largest selling tablet made exclusively for the common depressure cools.
Speaker 2: Friends, when you have you.
Speaker 1: Will send them the cold let the preparation. Your druggist probably recommend time proven promo quinine cold cabinets and take only as director promo b R M o quinine, qu ui ni n e promo quinine cold tablet. This is my house, m it's very tiny, very tidy, indeed Dutch getting polished.
Speaker 2: John off.
Speaker 5: Now there's windows on the.
Speaker 2: Top floor where the lamp is dead. Those are the lot of room.
Speaker 3: That yes, set inside the lead in the dead.
Speaker 2: When you come in, gentlemen, come draws open, come along, come on in. Okay, why are you staring at the house close the street? You see it?
Speaker 1: Watching your feet seem flying hi, a red house with white stone station. Of course the message yes, what's the matter? Undarded little signal station? Now is the the left sign in the window. And I feel spot, my deffellow, and I feel spot and say, spas we got inside? If you mean this is right away? He's right watching back close usual, Well, this is what I'm not now I don't rightly know. There you look at this mysterious logic of yours hiring the manager. If he gets the door up, we do.
Speaker 2: Take his next day up to this as well.
Speaker 1: We usually as you stay around. It's almost that now you got any chance another room?
Speaker 2: The door open on his card.
Speaker 3: Wait when did the study does it come in a blue almost up at the big doors.
Speaker 1: It's what you and I will see the net cover.
Speaker 7: It was germane pray.
Speaker 3: All right, it's a cop, floor said, I would you partnotic I'm the first wants to right, good, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm not watching.
Speaker 2: You. You took someone else strolling at this watch.
Speaker 1: You coming the scoogles the first start protected fuck stare they could go a RTI. We don't even know what you're doing moving my trees.
Speaker 2: You got all of my example.
Speaker 1: That way, you were much better chance.
Speaker 2: Of being undetected. Yeah, well over and I feel like a criminaliseil uh oh not he I don't get the shoe. That's un down birspot.
Speaker 1: But if they break, if the county.
Speaker 2: Get along, oh like oh that's ooh lay up and come off, come off out.
Speaker 1: Why ask the quiet and it sounds like a charge of the like to day not.
Speaker 2: Make it any meremories. You uh.
Speaker 4: Got the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah yet so on what you said, it was a large.
Speaker 7: And I could take things to you to the door at right, that's enough.
Speaker 1: Do you go a girl? Because the string which d this man out the birth through I don't do this little band.
Speaker 2: But if it's not their, yeah, comes to water?
Speaker 1: Now stop that all the fun yet funk?
Speaker 2: If I got wrapped this issue.
Speaker 7: Just dump yourn right away at the door.
Speaker 1: Now, no really, And I say I not that well?
Speaker 2: I dat what what's happened?
Speaker 1: Something I did not for see?
Speaker 2: I wanted it down there quickly? Was only happened?
Speaker 5: Who was too over the door?
Speaker 1: Remember I didn't the us of largers wasn't his? But I did not walk he was that you should find a woman, nob a woman what you know? Of course that young handsome but.
Speaker 2: Her face setched with terror.
Speaker 1: Kella, did you think she saw us? I think she suspected up?
Speaker 2: Let me what what do you now? Put on our shoes?
Speaker 1: They were want to spend the next few minutes on the front brought that why but anomber of the message said that Jesus communicate with the lady at death. Today you can eye on the window of the just the rumba that now come along.
Speaker 2: Oh we've been there for half an uh My things is expectedly enough. I look friend to see this and being scared of. Now that's railway through dark.
Speaker 1: It's more likely than something that's happened prevented coming. Hold on the light over there now, Yes, the sea.
Speaker 4: Shatter looks tale face that.
Speaker 1: You get a candle getting across once.
Speaker 7: They court there, I was seeing the flash.
Speaker 1: Single plants stay. They make it to the watching, but we take up up the shutters.
Speaker 2: All interested.
Speaker 1: Tea that is.
Speaker 4: Petty in.
Speaker 1: Another tea that getting into scre.
Speaker 2: Word out.
Speaker 1: And something then along on the giant.
Speaker 4: It's it's a lot of tea and a it's not what story that not all at ten uh a ten to ten.
Speaker 2: To night at the boy they call I have it, I have it.
Speaker 1: That it goes again.
Speaker 2: Why things got to wait like that? I can't stuck with it?
Speaker 1: The same message over again, Watson a center.
Speaker 2: That's being ciple, not a very pure cycle.
Speaker 1: Watchman it battalion that Tenter means to wear MACUSI may go still the same assage as ten. Hello, she broke them up the light stumps. I'm a burger window.
Speaker 2: What's that we're gonna sitting there? Nothing barn is happening. George Locko Hello, on Ben, youre about bandy.
Speaker 1: God cuts your feet? Yeah yeah, upon stairs. Hello, it can't be very dropping the war by mac.
Speaker 4: Uh, that's set u.
Speaker 2: Look around the h oh so quack the uncanny s couldn't gone. There's the open window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look look there, watch them blood I try up blood down heavy oppositis ejaculong the floor he this couped door open at waking with the counter. Oh.
Speaker 2: Look on the floor.
Speaker 1: A man on his back and covered with blood. Look was knighte night sticking stick up, driven blade deep into the body, a tall wick A glow into that candle. You got a look blue? H yeah, I say, look at the red circles drawing on the floor on his head. Uh HAYLOI blot. Who what are you doing with that candle? Anything the less it I think it will be uh helpful. I get to the root is not red and must mind out. I was got there and with this man.
Speaker 2: Then then you recognize him naturally. What the it's black?
Speaker 1: Thoughtiano, the head of a terrible band of criminals in America. I killed Joorgiana. Jeezia. He must be used at the message. What's he doing over here?
Speaker 2: In English?
Speaker 1: The question and the constant lady from the Constant Street.
Speaker 2: You should be killing the moment.
Speaker 1: I think we got the company.
Speaker 3: Yes you is, but I have a come ah, what is the What have here done with me?
Speaker 2: You must prepare yourself for the shock?
Speaker 4: What does happened?
Speaker 5: Something you're hiding from you?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Let me let me see na me your pinions. So upset man, but he just wonder love you want to believe you you so happy. My gender will kill you, my wonderful gender.
Speaker 5: Sear senate you for text me to do that's claes now he said the magic for me too. C.
Speaker 1: I was at the final ic. My husband is the bread out of the back window. If I read designed correctly the way.
Speaker 5: From my husband, you get it to protect himself to save me.
Speaker 2: No, one couldn't blame he could not undress him for that.
Speaker 5: Oh now it's like generals there to return.
Speaker 1: Lossing not t have like to tell us about him. And maybe it was the ring metals of Southern yard.
Speaker 5: So general is my husband and not a little C.
Speaker 1: I am amusing young my husband and I we live in New York.
Speaker 5: That I happened to my generos brother who needs the socovel the mo the there is no struch in the world.
Speaker 1: It was till me is my husband, because it is the certain had rather than favorite character.
Speaker 5: Makes the youngest kind and man journey. It's a fac Then my brother was one of these kids. He cannot break away. You must do the most. Yeah, if the city. And then one night he says, no shock.
Speaker 1: Cock in the back in the buck cause the unpartment that this.
Speaker 5: George Gennery said, my husband much hung his bang, so he went to make love.
Speaker 2: I mean he would kill say go up, play you run away pee.
Speaker 5: Wasn't n we go on the boat put England if we knew was the john the will the puny way when you came out to night generals you ticky, but I will he pay? He knows Georg Johner will have come in the ringing that tide.
Speaker 4: She like your ride.
Speaker 5: Aflock, but my gender is already he was prepared to kill you. Oh, he say, head don't right, you know.
Speaker 2: I don't right. I don't know what the British point of view will be, cause I imagine that in New York he said his husband will receive a putty general will go to sank Oh.
Speaker 1: I think we can arrange the British point of your wasn't gout and gars then on the look out for this George Johanna didn't say that he had landed. Mister look at herself says a little bit of work at all, and now age the look that if you'll come with.
Speaker 2: Me, I believe we can arrange matter, set stack from it.
Speaker 1: So in an interesting case homes. But I still have the life my See what you expect to get attle education on and a little more education, always seeking knowledge. If the old university is