Speaker 1: You know what I did yesterday, guys, I drink.
Speaker 2: All right, quit effing with our show. You're gonna ruling it. Get except with simmer Sweet pursuing it. Puddled out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the eagle? Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status. Howard starting to get crattic, shows that up multiplied like a rabbit two end zone out, creak it up, feed the habit.
Speaker 3: I'm on a hang out with a friend, rocking it on the radio.
Speaker 2: My mon thrown on boy skins talking on the radio. It's time to do this falls again.
Speaker 4: All baby, here we go, KG just stan up and.
Speaker 2: All up on our radio.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: We'll get into this in more in depth in the Today game. But it is National Hamburger Day. Oh so you guys gonna eat some burgers?
Speaker 4: Probably not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's weird is I've had so many burgers within the past like week. And I'm not a big burger person. You guys know me. I'm a pizza person. But I went to Snuffers maybe a week or so ago.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, I love snuff there's.
Speaker 3: A great burger joint just down the street and Bishop Arts that I went with my mom.
Speaker 1: Herbie's. Okay, Herbies is right outside Bishop Arts.
Speaker 5: But I love Herby's.
Speaker 4: It wasn't, I said, yes, okay, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: But Herbie's is great.
Speaker 4: That's over there, oaklip. I love Herby's.
Speaker 3: I didn't go there.
Speaker 4: It was in Bishop Barts and it's.
Speaker 5: Perfect for you.
Speaker 4: It's named after a dog, yeah, or the car.
Speaker 1: Oh wait a minute, yesterday was DJ Sober's birthday, by the way, congratulation. Yeah, he's the guy whose dog is Herbie that is named after Herbes is my number two burger in town.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold that thought?
Speaker 5: Oh I know, hold that thought. Have you been to his number one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I haven't.
Speaker 5: I tried to go to his number one.
Speaker 1: I told my dad and my stepmom was like, all right, we'll meet you all over there. And we actually, uh like, it's rare that my seventeen year old son will go anywhere with us in a car, you know. And so it was Sunday afternoon and I'd looked this place up and it said on you know, do you guys ever rely on the map app in your phone?
Speaker 4: Every day, okay, all the time.
Speaker 1: If you click on it, it'll give you the hours to a business. I went to this place because we had talked about it so much, and it gave me the wrong hours. It said it was open at eleven. It was not open at eleven on a Sunday. It didn't open until three o'clock. Oh no, it doesn't open until three o'clock any day. So actually we'd gotten there at one o'clock, so we're like, all right, So we went next door and had Mexican food, but we made plans to go back there when it opened at three o'clock on Father's Day, which is coming up here in a couple of weeks. And that place, Christina is name of it, Burger Burger Schmerger.
Speaker 4: So I have been here.
Speaker 5: Wait, you went to Burger Schmerger, the one over off.
Speaker 6: I haven't had it before, but you may not, but not actually the new location.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, I've not been to the new location, but I have had the burger and it was amazing. By the way, Bishop Art's hunkeys, That's what I was thinking. Sorry, I was too preoccupied trying to remember what that was called.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that the same monkeys and there may still be one, but I went to Hunkies in the nineties. It was in the Gaborhood and that's why it was called Honkies. Yeah, and it was, I mean, delicious burgers.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's still open in the Gigborhood.
Speaker 1: Maybe they moved to Bishop Arts or maybe they have multiple locations now.
Speaker 3: It seems like it's been around a while. But Burger Schmerger, Okay, that's the one.
Speaker 1: Honkys is a delicious gay burger. Now, uh, Burger Schmerger. Let's go back to that. Yeah, yeah, go to it. I had just heard so much about it, and I was dying to go, dying to go, and it's like, all right, and you know it's over off of Buckner in East Dallas. I live in Allen, so you know, thirty five minute jaunt for me to get there. So, needless to say, we were real disappointed. So that's why we made plans. All right, we're gonna go back at a different time. Then I talked to Kevin Turner. He went on Saturday night on Saturday. Yeah, what time Saturday?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Six ish?
Speaker 5: Okay, and what was the wait? At six o'clock?
Speaker 4: They said an hour?
Speaker 6: But I looked around and I was like, it's gonna be way less than that, okay, And it was about a twenty minute wait okay.
Speaker 4: At six o'clock.
Speaker 5: I mean usually wait, start happening at seven or whatever.
Speaker 4: At seven, you could have walked right in and got a table. Is that right? Crazy?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Because I was hearing that at three o'clock when they opened, there's just people milling around in the parking lot, yeah, waiting to get in. So the guy, uh, the general manager is a dude named Jeremy and just do a little social media stuff. Realized he listens to the show, because I think it'll be rare that you would follow us on Instagram if you didn't listen to the show.
Speaker 6: The guys kind of got that Adam dur it's his hair from Counting Crows.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, okay, Oh wait no, he's got long hair. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Is it dreaded up?
Speaker 4: Yeah a little bit?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: I didn't see that on the picture, but maybe badass. I think it that's him.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: Anyways, and he follows some good local music. I liked like, oh, this seems seems like a pretty good dude. So I reached out to him and was like Hey man, we talked about you on the show all the time. KT's one of your disciples. I haven't been out there yet, but I'm going to be coming out soon. Blah blah blah. If you were to guess they're doing well, if you were to guess how many pounds of meat they went through in one week, just take a guess how many pounds of meat did Berger Schmerger go through last week?
Speaker 4: Pounds of meat? Oh man?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I mean you're bringing this up because it's an outrageous number.
Speaker 5: Now I'm not. Don't yell at me.
Speaker 4: Ten thousand pounds of meat. That's not, that's not. How would you know?
Speaker 3: I almost said, I almost said the same. I have no idea how to.
Speaker 4: I don't work with burgers. How much? How much is a burger? Is a burger a pound?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Big burgers?
Speaker 2: A quarter?
Speaker 4: So four is a pound?
Speaker 5: Keep going?
Speaker 1: So you think there's a chance that they did ten thousand pounds in a week.
Speaker 4: I don't think that. Now that I've taken the time to do the mask, that's only let KT say it before it. I almost said twenty thousand, KT.
Speaker 3: He'll throw out some insane numbers. Don't ask us about me.
Speaker 4: That's about fifteen hundred pounds of meat.
Speaker 5: Hey, it is it is wrong to ask someone about meat. I agree.
Speaker 6: So four burgers is a pound allegedly, if you're with cheese gues four and these are smash burgers.
Speaker 4: What five hundred pounds pounds, one hundreds, four hundred they probably the place isn't like.
Speaker 1: Huge and it's just over It's not like it's in some heavy traffic areas over there in East Dallas.
Speaker 4: So probably doing that's impossible to.
Speaker 1: Know, Okay, but number you gave me the number I thought it was so shocking. I was like, I got to bring that to the air. And then I brought it to the air and you're guys like, I don't know ten thousand pounds of meat.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, don't work in that industry.
Speaker 1: You you just totally minimized my number that I thought was a huge number. When he told me nine hundred pounds of meat, whoa, okay.
Speaker 4: Hundred, I thought that was shocking.
Speaker 3: It is, But now that we worked it out, now we really realize how shocking that number is.
Speaker 1: It sounds about right, yeah, nine, Like I'll do that with my wife all the time. Of like Hey, you're never gonna believe this, guess so and so, And you go, oh, five hundred thousand, like that's twenty five times over the number, Like you're not making it fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now now you're breaking news is so unastounding. Yeah, oh actually.
Speaker 1: I thought I was going to break the internet have an interesting story anymore? Yeah, yeah, the story sucks nine hundred pounds though in a week.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, So I went to the new place with the new you know, they've they've got more burgers to juice from. Oh okay, that's a huge appetizer menu and all that stuff. Whereas at High Fives the bar high Fives there pop up, there's two burgers, they have food truck.
Speaker 4: Right, it's no, no, it's behind the bar high Fives.
Speaker 5: Oh gotcha.
Speaker 6: It's the Maverick and the og okay, which is you know, they're what they were, but this is like branched out and there's a lot of good options, right, So yeah, you should try it.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm sitting there going, God, maybe I want to go sooner than Father's Day because that's still like two and a half weeks away.
Speaker 4: Their bar was huge too, by the way. Yeah, pretty nice, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Pretty nice nice.
Speaker 1: So anyways, if you make it on over to Burger Schmerger, you know, get you one of those nine hundred pounds of beef and tell those nice people out there man the Ben and Skin Show, we're talking about nine hundred pounds of beef on their show. All right, we have lots to get to today. You haven't heard Ben's voice. Shit, you're not gonna hear it this week, unless it's in the form of the Today game or a drop because he is on vacation. But we will hold it down for him in his stead and hopefully have lots of fun. God Bless Jesus, Yes, God Bless Jesus. All right, Coming up next, I'm gonna play you guys some audio from something that I missed out on the first time but I'm excited about.
Speaker 5: We'll do that next right here on the Eagle