Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen were numbering broadcast. If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn.
Speaker 2: With your host Corey Winfield, like, oh my gosh, I'm going into a place there can few people like talking to.
Speaker 1: Walls And there was some of that, but it was still pretty co host party Winfield.
Speaker 3: They don't get that sincere messaging, then they're not going to have that conversation on a level where maybe you can get through to them.
Speaker 1: Special guest Corey Smoker.
Speaker 4: I don't want to hear the hero over here, but then I know what you're skipping down the street over there doing.
Speaker 3: You know't got your wab.
Speaker 2: It is the thirtieth of January twenty twenty six, the first podcast of the new year.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: I've been busy, Yeah, stuff going on, man, Corey Smoker, Arnie Winfield.
Speaker 1: In the studio today.
Speaker 4: We all finally made it in one room together.
Speaker 2: I know it's been it's been a while, it's been in forever almost. I think the last podcast we did was the seven year anniversary. I was December fifteenth. Yeah, so I was like we got to get one in before January ends.
Speaker 4: Yes, I feel like there was that one that you're trying to make me the special host.
Speaker 3: Was that before that or after?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure you'll yeah, okay, it could have been this morning.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. We're here now, yes, yeah, and it's going well.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking about the podcast and what I used to use it for and man, it helped, you know, to get stuff off my chest. And lately the reason why I kind of haven't been new a podcast because I've just been afraid that I'm going to take the the stuff that's just going on, the stuff that I'm too close to and just like ah, and I don't want to use this as like a platform to do like that, you know. So it's just like kind of important to get back to having fun again and to doing this podcast. And I think of topics tons throughout the day. I'm like, maybe we should do a podcast about that. And I think it's good that you guys are sitting down and we're actually going to do one today, are actually doing one right now. But one thing I want to talk to you guys about is AI and how it runs your life, because I can see how many emails that I get that just come and I'm just like, hey, I wrote that, and then I feel like, because my vocabulary and attitude, I guess whatever you want to say isn't the best. So like I'll type it out like oh, here's what I would say back, and I'll throw it into some AI and then it'll kick back the same thing pretty much that was sent to me. So I'm like, okay, so I know someone used AI to send this to me, and I'm using AI, so we're pretty much just using AI to say hello to each other, which seems kind of weird.
Speaker 4: But I don't know, because you're you're typing in there way you want it to stay. AI is just formattying it in a better language, yeah.
Speaker 1: And taking out cuss words and stuff.
Speaker 3: There are there are some times where I think that it it can skew the message some if you're not if you don't look you back over you know what I mean, Like you'll there's wording and stuff that gets put in automatically that you know isn't really exactly what I wanted it to say, Like you know, for me, like my so I always if I ever use it, which I do use it not often, not probably as often as my husband, but I do use it. It's kind of more when I want it to be like more clear and concise instead of like being all over the place. Yeah, because I kind of I kind of always know what I'm going to say and how I want to say it. It's just like wanting to make sure that I'm not like repeating myself or you know, have it be confusing. I think I feel that I'm fairly well spoken and like my vocabulary whatever you want to call it. But I don't want to sound like I don't try to use like huge big words to like sound cool. And so when I think lots of times when I put chatje put it in like CHATJEPT or whatever, as long as I review it and make sure like what's there is what I really want to say, then yeah, I'm all for it. It's the bottom line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I noticed, and it's AI and you hit down this morning too. It's how you give it direction and what you tell it to do and what you put in there. I think I'm horrible at this stuff. I was trying to chat with my sisters the other day in a text chat, and man it it was horrible. And then I kind of put two and two together, and like when I do that with chat JEBT or the other whatever stuff. It never it's all it's horrible. And then I started thinking, like this is why people don't understand what I say. It's because this is probably what I really sound like, you know, LIKEGBT can't even get it out.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how people listen to this? Is that what I really sound like?
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes it's like we're covering three things in one sentence and I'm like what does that mean? Like what am okay? Now?
Speaker 3: What am I supposed to do? Or or you don't respond to the like last three text questions and then you respond to the first one, but you're not really sure what the response is for you tend to do that that has nothing to do with AI though. That has to do with your you paying attention.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It comes in fights with me like it's like, seriously, this is the fifth time I'm not doing it anymore, And I'm like, what hold on? Like you're fighting with me? Like, hey, I fighting with me? Maybe this is how I talk to my employees like this, This is the directions I give to everybody?
Speaker 1: Is everybody want to fight me? Like this? This is bad?
Speaker 3: Knock knock knock.
Speaker 4: I got a mental condition obviously.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Yeah, well yeah, do we tell that story yet? No? No, is that going to be your section of the podcast episode? Corey?
Speaker 3: She tells it the best. You know, it's funny because she wasn't even there, but she tells.
Speaker 1: It the best.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but I'm all died and no I get to I'm sitting here like I'm on the spotlight docket right now because both of you looking at me, but you two can't look at each other.
Speaker 3: Well, rewind, rewind It's fine. I can compliment the story in terms of what actually happened, But all of this has to do and why this is getting brought up now is all this has to do with, Like Corey has attention span pretty much is what this has to do with basically, obviously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I'll let you guys tell it. Let Corey tell the story.
Speaker 4: Well, I just get told the story, so I just tell it. There's only the really the one piece, but Pitt, so if you just close your eyes and picture this. Marnie has Corey go with her to the police station because she needs to report damage to her car that happened in a parking lot. Well, so I'm not sure where because sometimes Corey I see him sitting in the car and waiting, and then sometimes he's going in where he thought that going in was maybe a good idea. But today Corey decided he was going to go in and support his wife. And I was like, that's amazing. So I'm like sitting here thinking of Corey sitting in law jail or police department. And now you see his legs shaking, and then he's around and you can only see like three things on the wall, so he's definitely not reading them because now he just wants to tear every one of them apart. And he's in public with his wife. So so Corey's getting anxious because now his head's running eight miles a minute and he's got twenty things to do. He just doesn't know which one we're gonna do. And so he goes up to the window where the little officers were going behind the window with the you know the little metal circle you talked through, and he's like, is anyone coming, Like, I mean, are they walking up here?
Speaker 3: Like they're on their way here? Someone's coming, right, So I got a mental condition.
Speaker 1: Like that. I think it was.
Speaker 3: Pretty you were pretty.
Speaker 4: You were pretty probably.
Speaker 3: To the pretty.
Speaker 1: I was pretty assertive, Yes I was. I was pretty assertive saying it.
Speaker 3: But I think I think we had waited. We had maybe waited about I would say it was less than ten minutes. It was probably like eight or nine minutes. But I think what throw them off was we were on I had called the police station and they had said, you know, you need just find come in, say your name at the whatever. We'll let you in and then we'll send an officer up to look at your car. So that made it sound like we know you're coming, and this is what's gonna happen, and it's gonna be like being bang boom, kind of like what she said, not like oh, you come here and then wait and then we'll send it off or see who's available. It was. So that was a little misleading, I will see.
Speaker 4: And it's probably because right people they tell people to call and come up there, well you don't know when they're coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well she had said like, you can come up here now, and I was like, great, I'm in town, so I'll be on my way. Good sounds good. And then it was just and I don't get me wrong, it was an awkward place. There was a probably some trauma response there, like being in that whole area, you know, like not that I've not that it's a jail, but it has that very kind of there's just.
Speaker 4: That anxiety, Like I get it every time I pull into the sally Port and they shut the door behind me and I'm like they don't let me out. I'm like, come on, you can come in.
Speaker 3: No, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not my finest moment, but you know, some things checked out because there's a lot of things that make sense if something else that did it.
Speaker 3: Yesterday too, when we were went with a taxpit person.
Speaker 4: You told her you have a mental condition.
Speaker 3: No, he didn't, he was just sitting. We were sitting and our appointment was at our appointment was at three thirty. I told him that we would be there at three forty five because I thought I had a zoom that was gonna last until three thirty. So I was like, is it okay if we get there at three forty five. He's like, yeah, no problem.
Speaker 2: She tells everybody got driving the car to get there at three thirty.
Speaker 3: No, And then I called I texted the guy. I said, literally I was like just kidding. My two thirty canceled, so we will be there on time, and he wrote back with thumbs up. I'm like great, three thirty. Back on for three thirty. So we get there at literally three point thirty one. We were coach late and walk in and she's like, you can go in the conference room and wait for him. So we go in there and we wait for him until like it was like three forty five, and he's just like, well, I'm gonna and I'm like he's like, oh, let's right, I can't leave because we drove here together. He's about ready to like we wanted to go because he wasn't in the room yet.
Speaker 2: There's things going on, working on some things that work that was pretty important that they need to get done.
Speaker 1: There's a deadline for that.
Speaker 3: And meeting with the tax person about the taxes for the business aren't isn't relative at all.
Speaker 4: No, So it's like, man, it's just this, I mean, and we all default of it, right, It's just it's the key of patients.
Speaker 2: It might be deeper than that, well, and it be yeah, it could be hereditary.
Speaker 4: Who knows, I mean, I know for me, I know for me though my patients. I don't have a lot of patients.
Speaker 3: I've had to learn.
Speaker 4: You you learn, it's something you learn, especially as being parents. Your patients will.
Speaker 2: Grow in situations I think, and speaking of being in parents and all that stuff. Marnie, it's been so long since you've been on the podcast really that you've talked about how it feels being a mama a little boy. Oh man, he's nineteen months old, twenty twenty months old. You don't know he is twenty months old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's twenty months old. He's a handful. He's amazing and I love every minute of it. Yeah, he's not. I mean, they're just things that are like particular to each Each child's different, you know, Like he's I'm not a very consistent eater, So like that's frustrating because as a parent, we need to make sure that we're like making sure they're being fed, and if they don't eat one thing, then you try something else. So now I'm like making compensating, making all these these things hoping that he'll consume some of one of them.
Speaker 4: You just start, you make a plate for yourself at thirty.
Speaker 3: But here's where the patience things comes in, is like he default is the those cut up peaches or pears, you know, and not the ones in like goo, not in like sugar, but just in like the fruit juice anyway. And I obviously I would opt for fresh fruit over anything. He'll do grapes and blueberries, but sometimes he's just spent on those, so they get the little cups of them, and those are like he loves them. He loves them. He'll eat those no matter what. But you need to be patient. You need to sit there and like helps, you know, feed him the peaches. He will not. Corey will not sit there and feed him. He will be like, oh, he took two bites and then he started grabbing them out and making a mess. And I'm like, okay, that's what he does because he's a twenty month year old baby boy. Well he wants to feel it, sure, so he just puts it away. He just stops feeding them.
Speaker 2: Right or if he wants them, I'll feed it to him on a spoon. But I don't just set it out for like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he wants them. But you need to sit there and wait for him to want them again. You don't just put them up and just leave them there and you're done.
Speaker 2: I don't just set them on the counters with the I don't set them on the table.
Speaker 1: In front of him.
Speaker 4: Put him in the chair in the middle.
Speaker 2: If he wants him again, he knows where they're at. He goes up to the table and starts wanting them.
Speaker 3: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: But not in the middle of all his toys that he just looks at it. He goes app throwing the ground. That's what happens anyway.
Speaker 4: No, well, he just wants his peaches, want to ride the truck and stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he pushes them in the truck blueberries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. It's a thing go for a ride.
Speaker 2: And I just don't feel clean it up because I'm the guy who has to do it. So Marnie does too. She actually does it all, but like when she's not there, living rock peaches around the house.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he'll he'll put all fine like pieces of chicken and like his like little fish feed the fish thing and trucks and he's having a little egg basket. It's really you know what, it's you really you as a parent, you recognize like you let things go, like there's just stuff where it's just like it's not even worth getting upset about, you know, like the carpet, like our couches and stuff like whatever, right, I mean it's not like we're like it's in our you know, our dining room where we like entertain people. This is where we live very much, our living room, and so like it's gonna look like that.
Speaker 4: That's why you see too what like you know, this was one thing that was really hard for Jesse when he integrated his household into mine as being a single mom, is that he was like, none of your stuff matches.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. I'm like, well that's because I have a toddler. Mm hm, who's you want?
Speaker 4: Watch and wait because you'll see markers and nail polish and food and popsicles and spills, and so why would I have anything brand new matching like I got all family hand doowned stuff because it was like, or you have blankets over it because you can take the blanket off a lot easier than you can take the couch cushing off when they got cheeto.
Speaker 3: Fingers, right right, yeah, And I'm sure there's so much more to come. That's the exciting part.
Speaker 4: But I have.
Speaker 3: Realized, like I can't give them markers because our crayons even like because he's just he's not there yet, Like he doesn't even understand the whole we talked about and all that stuff we tell.
Speaker 4: One day when he gets your lipstick and runs away with it.
Speaker 3: And he loves my makeup bag, he already knows about taking tops off and stuff like that. Oh yeah, Mikayla.
Speaker 4: One time she was in her room and she's, you know, real quiet, and next thing you know, I go in there and she's got this lipstick and she's at the back of the wall, like, you know, making her own little measuring thing.
Speaker 3: Oh it's cute.
Speaker 4: Wait, how do you get mad? But at the same time.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, being a parent is really an amazing thing, and I know Martie and I we really appreciate and love every minute of It's difficult as it can be, but.
Speaker 1: We do have to wrap up the podcast. I did want to get in just one before the end of the year. What are you saying.
Speaker 4: I was the saying, you guys could still do a podcast even though I got to exit.
Speaker 1: Well, I think everybody has to exit.
Speaker 3: Oh true, we had to pick up little little boys from daycare and all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: I think I didn't give you the right. AI produced her notes.
Speaker 4: Next time a time limit really fast. I do want to say that I did Michigan Works had a AI in the workforce. I took that little zoom training on Tuesday, But I haven't even got to go back and like review the notes that I took from it or anything. But there was some interesting things on there.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: That sounds great.
Speaker 1: We'll have more updates.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll need to do a couple more of these to get really everybody updated on what's going on and with everybody. Yeah, because there's more exciting stuff that what's happening in.
Speaker 2: Each of our life.
Speaker 1: Yes, and yeah, I think there's some really cool thanks going say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just glad that we got on here for a little.
Speaker 3: Bit for sure. But nothing, yeah, something, nothing.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast.
Speaker 2: Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com.