Speaker 1: Welcome to Transformation Church Podcast, where we represent God to the lost and found for transformation in Christ. We're so glad you're here and wherever you're listening from, we believe God will transform your life. Do today's message.
Speaker 2: I hope you're doing good this morning.
Speaker 3: My name is Charles, and I'm glad you're here today. A fun piece of information, which is this past week I found out I was old. So that's why I got readers. I got readers this past week. And here's why I got them because a friend went to.
Speaker 2: Do an impression of me.
Speaker 3: I'll leave this friend unnamed, but he's our youth pastor, and.
Speaker 2: He went like this. He said, watch us, watch this.
Speaker 3: So the Bible says, So first of all, you wait till your eyes go you six foot twelve, you're gonna be needing big glasses. Okay, any all right, here we go. This is what the Bible says. Genesis, chapter number fifty.
Speaker 2: Where are we gonna start here?
Speaker 3: We're gonna start in verse number fourteen, Genesis fifty, Verse fourteen. After burying Jacob, Joseph returned to Egypt with his brothers and all who had accompanied him to his father's burrier.
Speaker 2: But now that their father was.
Speaker 3: Dead, Joseph's brothers became fearful. Now Joseph is going to show his anger and pay us back for all the wrong we did. So they sent a message to Joseph before your father died. He instructed us to say, we're sorry. Please forgive your brothers for the great wrong they did to you, for their sin and treating you so cruelly. So we, the servants of God your father, begged you to forgive our sin. When Joseph received the message, he broke down and he wept. Then his brothers came and threw themselves down before Joseph.
Speaker 2: Look, we are your slaves, they said.
Speaker 3: But Joseph applied.
Speaker 2: Do not be afraid of me.
Speaker 3: Am I God that I can punish you. You intended to harm me. You intended to harm me, but God intended. I gotta say this because I'm not gonna preach it in the sermon. But those are the same word there. It's the same Greek word in the original language. And why I'm saying that is because we sing things like, oh the devil did it, but then God turned it. God is not so weak that he has to turn anything. The devil's doing. He's greater than the devil, so in his sovereignty and his understanding of the plan of our life, he accounted for that to go wrong, and he already knew it was gonna make you better. I don't have to make the God does not have to make do with stuff the devil is doing, and try to get it together. And oh, let me see if I can work this out.
Speaker 2: He already knows.
Speaker 3: Readers back on, you intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good, for he brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. So don't be afraid. I will continue to take care of you. So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them. The title of my sermon today three words, three important words, three powerful words, three words I think we need to embrace. Three words that I think will help you get through your week, your month, and your year. I was wrong. There was a second where I thought I wasn't gonna make it, But thank God, I was wrong. I spent a lot of my life afraid of what people thought about me, and I thought that my failures were gonna define me.
Speaker 2: But thanks be to God, I was wrong.
Speaker 3: I thought that last season of loneliness was gonna be the last season I would.
Speaker 2: Ever know, but thank god I was wrong.
Speaker 3: I thought anxiety was gonna always be my portion, but I was wrong. I thought his mercy only ran to good people, but I was wrong. I thought the grave was gonna hold him, but thank god I was wrong. I thought that my family's lineage was gonna keep on going, but thank god I was wrong. They said we wouldn't have a baby, and I believed it for a second, but thank god I was wrong. They said that this season would be my whole lifestyle, but thank god.
Speaker 2: I was wrong.
Speaker 3: I started to slip in the water when Jesus told me to get out, and I thought I was gonna.
Speaker 2: Drown, but he reached down. Thank God I was wrong.
Speaker 3: Spent a lot of my life trying to be right, but I'm grateful that there were some things.
Speaker 2: I got wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong, and I'm glad I was wrong.
Speaker 3: I was certain about some things and how they were gonna go, but I was wrong. I thought I knew how my life was gonna go, but I was wrong.
Speaker 2: Dear God, would you change us? Would you encounter us. Would you.
Speaker 3: Help us to see our lives and our future and our children the way you see them. We need your presence, we need your glory, We need your goodness, we need your mercy. And I think you over these next couple of moments that we spend together, that you would lead us and that you would guide us. It's in the beautiful name of Jesus we pray. And everybody said, Amen, Amen, Amen, Zach you just rock with me, man, because we're gonna get straight to business. We've been talking about fear, and I want to introduce something to you today that I think is vitally important.
Speaker 2: For not only the way you think, but the way you live.
Speaker 3: And here's the central theme of today's sermon. The most dangerous thing about fear is not that it makes you emotional, is that.
Speaker 2: It makes you certain.
Speaker 3: There's nothing like the certainty of fear, the certainty of knowing what's gonna happen, and fear has a way of doing that to all of us. Fear will have us certain about stuff there's no way we can know. Fear will have you obsessed with stuff that you can't control, and fear will cost you. The very thing fear is promising you, it's protecting, and today I just want to take a couple of moments to submit to you that maybe fear has been lying to you, because there's nothing.
Speaker 2: Like being certain. There's nothing like just knowing.
Speaker 3: I mean, for a second, I know we got the piano with us, so it's just to stay with me.
Speaker 2: But do you remember when you were young, how certain you were, how much you knew. Oh, I know exactly how my life is gonna go. I know exactly how. I mean that. I can bet you there is nobody.
Speaker 3: More certain than like a sixteen or seventeen year old with no job, no opportunities, no future, and they just be knowing something from about a certain section in our churches right over here.
Speaker 2: They just nothing I already know.
Speaker 3: But there's nothing like maturity that turns your certainty into mystery. I don't know if you've had this experience, but the older I've gotten, it feels like I got more questions. I felt like, oh, the older you get, the more sure you become.
Speaker 2: And in some ways it's true.
Speaker 3: But in some other ways, I've been wrong enough times about stuff I knew I was gonna be right.
Speaker 2: About to know maybe I don't know as much as I think I know.
Speaker 3: Genesis, after number thirty seven, we meet a certain seventeen year old. His name is Joseph, and Joseph isn't anybody. He's a favored son. His great grandfather started this whole thing, Abraham Abraham Isaac Jacob. Jacob's name gets changed to Israel. He has twelve boys, one of them Joseph, and Joseph is seventeen years old when he meet him, and the Bible gives us detail in Genesis thirty seven that his daddy loves him more than all his other kids. Now you're not technically supposed to be saying that out loud, but his daddy don't care.
Speaker 2: He doesn't care at all.
Speaker 3: He loves him so much he gives him like a special jacket that he don't give.
Speaker 2: To nobody else. He gives him his jacket.
Speaker 3: The Bible tells us that around seventeen years old, that he has a dream, and in his dream, he's a he's stars, and his brothers are other stars, and all of a sudden, his brothers start to bow to him. And then he has another dream, and in this dreams, they're all bundles of wheat, and his is in the center and all his brothers bow to him. And with a dream like that and a coat like he had, I'm sure he was certain. Oh, I know how this is gonna go. Step number one. I gotta go tell my brothers. Bible tells O. Joseph rolls up on his brothers and he says, hey, y'all, I got a dream that black people and white people.
Speaker 2: The white man, instead of checking it has bounced.
Speaker 3: Come on, somebody, y'all don't know that about Martin Luther King jer At first, I have a dream speech. He comes up to his brothers and he tells some of the dream and he says, hey, listen, I don't know you know, I know you kind of mad at me because you know I got the coat. It ain't nothing about it but a g thing. But anyways, I had this dream and in the dream, you know I didn't I didn't give myself the dream.
Speaker 2: But you were bowing to me.
Speaker 3: And I can only imagine this ain't even biblical.
Speaker 2: This is just brothers. I got a brother. I know how brothers get down. Brother, you don't shut up right now'll be quiet. Ain't nobody bowing to you. Ain't nobody bout to be little do But I'm serious. I'm serious, bru.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, I had a dream.
Speaker 2: I had another one too, Bro. Anybody want to hear your second dream?
Speaker 3: We don't hear the first dream.
Speaker 2: You better be quiet, no, bro, just listen, Just listen. That's probably it's just different. It's different. It's different.
Speaker 3: But don't play with me if this is the same. If you about to say something stupid, don't say it now, bro, Just listen. I swear all right, go ahead. So we're all in the field, right and then I'm in the middle, and y'all start the boy if he.
Speaker 2: Don't be quiet with this dream, I promise you.
Speaker 3: And the Bible tells us that he tells him the dream, and they start resenting him.
Speaker 2: And you may be familiar with this story.
Speaker 3: You may not, but if you grew up in church, we all kind of know Joseph's story. He's a young man, he has a dream, and we kind of skip through his story. He goes from the pit to the palace, to the pit to in charge, and we do all these things.
Speaker 2: But I want to zone in for a moment.
Speaker 3: On the fear of a seventeen.
Speaker 2: Year old man.
Speaker 3: That the Bible tells us gets jumped by his eleven brothers.
Speaker 2: And thrown into a pit. This is what happened.
Speaker 3: The Bible tells us that he's walking up and they see him coming.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm gonna I'm gonna read it for you. Just say all. I'm thinking like, man, he just making all this up.
Speaker 3: Man, come on, get out of here. Genesis thirty seven. I believe it is right here, Genesis thirty seven, eighteen. When Joseph's brothers saw him coming, they recognized him from a distance. As he approached, they made plans to kill him.
Speaker 2: Here comes that dreamer. Come on, let's kill him and throw him into one of these cisterns.
Speaker 3: We'll tell our father wild animal has eaten him. But Ruben heard their scheme. Let's not kill him, and Ruben makes a plan. He says, listen, we'll just throw him in there. And Ruben's plan is to come back and get.
Speaker 2: Him when the other brothers leave.
Speaker 3: But if you think about the scene, I mean, this is a seventeen year old that this is. He is my brothers, this is my people, this is my family.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys? Hey, come here real quick.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to you, all right, what's up?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: Hey, come over here. What's going on? Guys? What's up with the vibes are a little weird?
Speaker 2: No, man, we ain't.
Speaker 3: We're done with the dream and stuff. Come here, Hey, yo, stop?
Speaker 2: What are y'all? Guys? And the Bible tells us eleven brothers.
Speaker 3: Grabbed their little brother and throw him into a pit. This is where certainty starts to fade for our character Joseph. Because I just knew. I knew God gave me this dream. I knew he was talking to me.
Speaker 2: I knew he had a plan.
Speaker 3: I knew I wasn't like everybody else. I knew that he put something in me. I just knew that it wasn't gonna be my story like everybody else's story. I just knew that it meant something different when God spoke to me. I just knew that he called me out before I was in my mother's womb.
Speaker 2: And he had a plan to prosper me and not to I just you knew it, And all of a sudden, what you think you know?
Speaker 3: You don't know no more. He was wrong. He was wrong about his brothers. Because I thought your family was the place you go to get your dreams. Reassured, supported and encouraged. But sadly, Joseph's not the only one to find out that you can be wrong about people. The Bible tells us he's in the pit, and this is what happens when you're in a pit, when you're in a dark season, when you thought your life was going to go one way and it starts going another way. Is your certainty has to It starts fading a little bit, but not too much, because the Bible tells us that they change up the plan and they come to get it. And now this is where the story turns, because if I'm Joseph, I'm in the pit, and I hear my brother say, yo, Joe, Joe, you down now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm down here. What's up? Hey, man, we're gonna get you out. I knew y'all was playing. Hey, don't even worry about it. They get him out, no doubt. He starts to feel hope again.
Speaker 3: I'm good, I'm good, I'm good. And then it says there's travelers going by, and they sell him to these strangers. Wrong again, Joseph. Then the Bible tells us his story progresses a little bit. He finds himself in Egypt, and he finds himself working for a man named Potiphar, and Potiphar is a big deal. He's in charge. And no doubt, this is gotta be the dream.
Speaker 2: This is definitely it. This is definitely it. Brother's gone.
Speaker 3: I'm out of slavery. I've worked my way up, I've got a decent job. This is god to be a dream that he showed me when I was seventeen.
Speaker 2: This is it, for sure?
Speaker 3: Wrong again, that ain't the dream, Joe, because the Bible tells us that Potiphar's wife had an eye for Joseph.
Speaker 2: Now we always make light of this. I've definitely done it.
Speaker 3: Cougar came in, it's all josephin ain't nothing like an Egyptsuan cougar.
Speaker 2: He's like what he was that me. But the accusations are not a joke.
Speaker 3: Accusations can change your life.
Speaker 2: And he did nothing wrong.
Speaker 3: And there goes that certainty gone again.
Speaker 2: In prison. And what you don't know.
Speaker 3: About this unless you study into the scripture is from seventeen years old when he has the dream, working his way up in Potiphars and then thrown in jail. He's thirty years old. Years I guess they forgot about me.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 3: And it's interesting with fear is when your life starts going like this, Fear starts telling you stories of certainty. You didn't hear God. You ain't special, you think.
Speaker 2: God spoke to you.
Speaker 3: No, you'll always be overlooked. You'll always be like your dad. People will always know you by the mistakes you made. It doesn't matter how hard you try, it doesn't matter how hard you work.
Speaker 2: This is your story.
Speaker 3: Now, Joseph is in the pit, he's in prison, and again, I mean, his whole life is this roller coaster of certainty, fear, certainty, fear, certainty, fear, and it's this limbo. And there's these two people in the prison, a baker and a cupbearer, and they come to him and they're having dreams. And here's what you need to know, just to encourage somebody.
Speaker 2: No matter what.
Speaker 3: Season you're in, no matter how dark it may feel, God still put that gift on.
Speaker 2: The inside of you.
Speaker 3: And no matter where anybody puts you, it doesn't matter if they hire you, it doesn't matter if they promote you. They can't touch the gift on the inside of you because they didn't put it there.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we like to.
Speaker 3: Wait, like I'm gonna wait to do my gift until I.
Speaker 2: Really everybody can see it. But Joseph is in a prison with two people.
Speaker 3: That can do nothing from him, and he's sitting there thinking, well, why I'm down here, I might as well make a difference while I'm down here. I might as well do what God made me to do. While I'm down here, I might as well make the devil mad. While I'm down here, I might as well do something that's not about me.
Speaker 2: And they have these two dreams and there's a lot of Bible will come in today.
Speaker 3: Genesis thirty seven is Genesis fifty Go read it for yourself this week, just to make sure I ain't making up no parts of this story. He sits there two dreams and he's like, hey man, so good news and bad news. You gonna die, You're gonna get out in a couple of days, and you're gonna die. You though, you're gonna get out, and you're gonna get promoted. They're like, really, of course, the one guy that's down here, Look, she line, you don't know nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing like you ever get a prophetic word line.
Speaker 3: They don't know nothing.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 3: Gets out, one man dies, the other man gets promoted back to his position.
Speaker 2: Of the cup bearer of the king.
Speaker 3: The only problem is Joseph asked, Yo, when you get out, don't forget about me like my brothers did. Don't forget about me like everybody else. Just promise me one thing. When you get out of here, remember me.
Speaker 2: He doesn't remember.
Speaker 3: Him until there's a scripture that says, your gift will make room for you. And Pharaoh had a lot of magicians around him, but he didn't have no profits.
Speaker 2: There's a difference.
Speaker 3: He starts being tormented by these dreams, and at just the right time, the cup bear remembers Joseph, Yo, King, there was.
Speaker 2: This guy in prison.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's still there, but he can his god be telling him what's going on. Goes and gets Hi brings before the king. He says, hey, listen, it's gonna seven years famine. You need to store up, and then there's gonna be there's gonna be seven years of plenty. You need to store up during that time, and then there's gonna be seven years of famine.
Speaker 2: And if you store up, and here's.
Speaker 3: The beautiful thing about our God, this is what I want to say real quick. Everybody that God is talking to ain't called to be a preacher.
Speaker 2: This is business strategy, This is economical insight. This is it. Everybody.
Speaker 3: You have a moment at the altar and it's like, I need to be on the host team. No, you don't go back to your job and let God speak to you about how to change that industry.
Speaker 2: If we all up in here, who's helping the people out there? So do what God made you to do.
Speaker 3: Start that business, run that company, create the app. I don't know what it is, but God will empower you and give you divine wisdom.
Speaker 2: And insight to make a difference. He gives him this wisdom, and again here we go.
Speaker 3: This is got to be the dream. This is got to be the dream. Why because it's kind of the dream. Because some people.
Speaker 2: Are bowing to me.
Speaker 3: And here's the thing I've learned in my own life that fear will have you negotiate with your dream. This is close enough. This is I've been single so long. They're close, and they're close. They're not exactly what I saw. They're not exactly what God showed me. They're not exactly don't treat me exactly the way, but I can't be alone. So this this is probably this is probably it not the dream from Genesis thirty seven. It's Genesis fifty. We find out the moment when his dreams come true. Genesis chapter number forty five. Joseph reveals his identity as the heading. Joseph could stand it no longer. There were many people in the room, and he said, isn't his attendants out all of you? So he was alone with his brothers, and then he broke down and wept. The Bible says he wept so loudly all the Egyptians could hear him, and it quickly carried to Pharaoh's palace. I am Joseph, this is the dream. It wasn't when you were seventeen. It wasn't when you became number two in charge. It wasn't when God spoke to you and gave you the prophetic word of how to run the country of Egypt. No, no, no, that's not the dream. It's when you're curled up crying, fighting back frustration at the people who threw you in a pit, and they're now at your feet needing something you got, and it's God saying Can I trust you right here through all the fear, through all the anger, through all the frustration, through all the resentment, through all the bitterness, through all the hurt, through all the disappointment.
Speaker 2: You want a dream from God. This is a dream from God. The people who threw you in a.
Speaker 3: Pit come back talking about can I have something? Joseph says, I'm Joseph, and I.
Speaker 2: Can't help but imagine.
Speaker 3: Them sitting there looking at their little brother, and.
Speaker 2: All this going through their mind is I was wrong. I was wrong. I didn't know. I didn't know that you were. If I would have known, I never would have done that. Fear will have you certain about a lot of things.
Speaker 3: But today I want to give you three things that fear will have you certain of that you need to learn how to be wrong about. The first thing fear will have you certain about is people. Fear will have you think and I know who they are. Fear will have you looking at people who are different than you.
Speaker 2: Saying I already know what they're about. Fear of what you think about other people will have you making up stories.
Speaker 3: About people that are not true, and your pride does not care to confirm why.
Speaker 2: Because fear tries to protect.
Speaker 3: Itself, and the only way to protect me is to make you an enemy. This is why we get so segregated.
Speaker 2: And I wish I couldn't say it wasn't in the church, but sadly it still is, because we'll.
Speaker 3: Look at different people and will think, God, that I don't know about them.
Speaker 2: I don't know about them.
Speaker 3: And the truth, you're afraid, you're afraid, you're afraid, and instead of just saying you're afraid, you make up stories about people, You distance yourself from people, you talk about people, and you.
Speaker 2: Just say, we don't do stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And I'm not just talking about because of the color of somebody's skin.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about other churches we make up stories.
Speaker 3: Or that church you know, they just do this, and that church they worship a little much, and that church is just a little too intense for me, and that church is just a little too loose for me. And that person, I don't know if they really love God. I don't even know if their heart is right. I don't know what you know about their heart. You're afraid, and you're wrong about them. And don't get me started on some of my friends that a lot of us have been wrong about. And I'm talking about friends that I know in my real life, not people in.
Speaker 2: The church, people outside of the church. I had a friend I started trying to bring to church. I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: How sideways people looked at him because he had tattoos.
Speaker 2: Who's this guy? Oh man, he may have it wrong? What what?
Speaker 3: What? Oh?
Speaker 2: I will jump off the stage? What please? Please? Please say something else? I don't know.
Speaker 3: They just look a little don't they know they shouldn't be wearing that?
Speaker 2: No, they don't, dummy, that's why they're in here. Don't they know? We don't do that here. We don't do what here. You don't do nothing here except for sit in that chair. So be quiet. Why you just sorry? Sorry, sorry, sorry sorry.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Let me calm down, Let me calm down. I've been wrong about people. I've been wrong.
Speaker 3: The fear will have you wrong about people thinking you know, people thinking you know why they do what they do.
Speaker 2: When you think you.
Speaker 3: Know why somebody did what they did, it's not a reflection of them, it's a reflection.
Speaker 2: Of you, because you thinking what you would do if you were.
Speaker 3: Them, and you ain't them. Well, I know if that was me The only reason I would have done that is what, Yeah, that's you. They don't say nothing about them. But fear will have you wrong about people. It'll also have you wrong about your path in life.
Speaker 2: It'll have you thinking, Oh, I know how God's gonna do this. I know exact.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go here, then I'm gonna go here, then I'm gonna go here.
Speaker 2: And God's like, what if we go this way? The devil is a liar. I'm supposed to go from glory to glory.
Speaker 3: Ask Paul getting flogged writing jails from prison. What glory to glory means. It doesn't mean rich to rich in check the check. It means obedience to obedience, faithfulness to faithfulness, kindness to kindness, love to love, gentleness to gentleness, self control to self control. No man ah man either way, I know if it's God and here's a dangerous here's some dangerous language I've used before, I'm just you know, I.
Speaker 2: Just feel peace about it. Okay, yes, but what do you mean by peace? Do you mean you just feel comfortable? Because that's not peace. You mean you feel safe? Oh, you mean you feel in control? I got it.
Speaker 3: So if you're in control, that's how you know. It's God, my best friends in the world. He has us saying is follow the nausea.
Speaker 2: Think Peter fell in control when God said, ay, step out of the boat. You sure Peter's better than me. I would have had a couple which one of us judas. I wouldn't risk your brother. Don't get don't get out? Whoa okay, hold on, hold no, no, let me.
Speaker 3: If following Jesus don't make you feel awkward every once in a while, let me kindly call out and encourage something that just happened a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago is Father's Day.
Speaker 3: We called all the men down to the front, and not everybody but I was standing up here. You didn't see yourself.
Speaker 2: So I will say this.
Speaker 3: Ninety nine zero point two percent of the men were like this. It was a good worship song. I want to challenge you, man of God, lift your hands. Oh I don't need to be doing all that. Don't be talking about me doing all that.
Speaker 2: Bruh.
Speaker 3: We saw you during the finals, talk about it. You had your whole joint painted and you was.
Speaker 2: This should feel a little uncomfortable Following Jesus should feel a little awkward if you following Jesus. It's like, man, this is great. My life is better. Everything's working out. I'm getting checks in the mail of God. I'm getting prophetic words about becoming a billionaire. And you know, I don't even have to really do anything.
Speaker 3: I can still just do whatever and apologize and man, God is great.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not what this book is like. Because Joe lost everything.
Speaker 3: Samson was in powered by God, but that disobedience did cost him something.
Speaker 2: It's not all.
Speaker 3: Jesus about to send out of the disciples. He says, a son a man has no place to lay his head. So just before you as gimps, why he's turning a bunch of people to follow me. He said, hey, real quick, if you want to follow me, all you got to do is just pick up your follow me.
Speaker 2: That'll be good.
Speaker 3: They're not thinking about a Jesus peace around their neck. All they know is Roman crucifixion. The cross isn't associated with Jesus. When he says this, you want to follow me, pick up your cross.
Speaker 2: Come on, I've been wrong about my path.
Speaker 3: I thought I knew God you do it this way, and you're gonna do it this way, and then you're gonna do it that way. And when it doesn't go the way I thought it, I think, Man, I don't know if this God's stuff. But I've been wrong about people. I've been wrong about my path, and there have been many times I had the wrong perspective.
Speaker 2: Because fear.
Speaker 3: Starts assigning meaning.
Speaker 2: To stuff.
Speaker 3: So fear, well have you saying, Oh, the reason they're not there, it's because you weren't enough. And if you were enough, your dad would have stayed. If you were good enough, you would have got promoted. But you're not good enough. Fear will have you making up stories before it's even happened. Fear will have you And I'm gonna say this, I'm not even being silly. I feel this as a real thing because I know some people that have done this and.
Speaker 2: That struggle with this.
Speaker 3: Fear will have you standing on the edge of commitment, making up stories about why you won't commit. Got somebody you love, won't marry them because you've already made up a story.
Speaker 2: I already know I'm gonna cheat on them, because every man in my family has cheated, so.
Speaker 3: At least it's not as bad if we don't get married, at least it's not so. I have you ready to start a business, ready to do something, but already tense up ahead if it'll probably work for a little bit, and then it'll go sideways and I'll be back here and I have to come back and all this stuff. No, no, no, friend, fear, What have you certain about? Stuff that you don't know at all? Obsessed with stuff you can't control, and cost you the very thing it's promising you, it's protecting. Joseph the end of his story, his brothers are there, he listen, We did you wrong, man, We're so sorry, We're so sorry.
Speaker 2: And his response.
Speaker 3: His proof of the spirit of God on the inside of him. Oh you weren't wrong.
Speaker 2: God was right.
Speaker 3: You meant for this to hurt me, You meant for this to break me, But God was making me.
Speaker 2: See what you don't realize is I had to deal with me when y'all threw me in that first time.
Speaker 3: I had to figure out who I was without that code. I had to figure out who I was if everybody.
Speaker 2: Didn't agree with me.
Speaker 3: And that pig gave me something that your praise could have never given me.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was wrong but.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness, I was wrong about my process because when you sold me, I had to find a love that didn't come from the people that were close to me. And when they lied on me and said I didn't do something that I know I didn't do, but they charged me anyway, I had to figure out that God is the judge and that God.
Speaker 2: Is the one who controls my life. So I was wrong about that situation.
Speaker 3: And then when I was in prison, I had to find out that I can still use my gift if nobody sees it. Because for a long time I thought my gift was only important if people clapped for my.
Speaker 2: Gift was only important if they cheered for me. But I found out in that prison that I can work this gift no matter where I am. I was wrong about that situation.
Speaker 3: And I almost got it wrong when they put me over everybody, because I thought status meant I was all the way in purpose. But I was wrong. I realized God didn't put me here but for one reason. Scircier said, so many lives could be saved. All I want to say today is whatever story fear has made you certain about, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Some of you feel.
Speaker 3: Certain like, I don't know if that kid's ever gonna come home. You've been praying so long, you're certain that it's just too too much. Some of you are.
Speaker 2: Certain that you'll always be single. You're certain that the business isn't gonna work.
Speaker 3: You're shirt And all I'm saying is, you don't know that yet.
Speaker 2: You don't know. You don't know what God might do. You don't know what he's planning, You don't know how he's working. And be careful of the story your.
Speaker 3: Religion makes you certain of, because you.
Speaker 2: Don't know something that people were certain about.
Speaker 3: People were certain that nothing good could come out of Nazareth. People were certain that Mary's boy was just a boy.
Speaker 2: People were certain that.
Speaker 3: You couldn't do anything with people who had leprosy, so you had to throw them out.
Speaker 2: They were certain.
Speaker 3: About this thirty three year old man that he was causing a rebellion and he deserved to die.
Speaker 2: But there's one picture I love.
Speaker 3: The scripture tells us that Jesus up on the cross and he's in between two thieves, and they deserve to be up there. But this is the holy, merciful, gracious, kind, omnipotent, omniscient creator, of the universe, who has done nothing wrong, purest snow never an ill thought in his spirit. Only intention is to love, to.
Speaker 2: Give, to help you figure out how to be you.
Speaker 3: And the people he made pended him to a tree because they were certain he's say who we've been waiting for, Because the king we've been waiting for is gonna overthrow wrong the king we've been waiting for, it's gonna come back with raging war. And they didn't know he was raging war. But it wasn't on the external. It was on the internal. He was raging war on depression. He was raging war on our lack of righteousness. And they were certain they.
Speaker 2: Knew who he was.
Speaker 3: And the scripture tells us there's two different tracks of this story.
Speaker 4: In scripture, there's two different people. That's one story that I love. But the thieves that are on the cross, and one of them is standing there and he's on the cross and he looks over and I think he starts to look around and think, I think we're wrong.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's beautiful because Jesus doesn't.
Speaker 3: Say nothing, but just when you get around Jesus, you can just feel this is why your life is so important. Now what you say, how you live, how you live and work.
Speaker 2: Now, what you say, now, what.
Speaker 3: You post, now, what you project, talk about how.
Speaker 2: You live, because if the spirit of.
Speaker 3: God is up on the inside of you, people will be sitting there in they're seeing.
Speaker 2: Talk about it. I think I got this wrong. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because they going through what I'm going through, but they're not going through it.
Speaker 2: How I'm going through it. I think I think I got this wrong.
Speaker 3: I don't know that their marriage looks different than ours.
Speaker 2: I think I think I got this wrong.
Speaker 3: And there's a thief on the cross, and he says, hey, I think I think I got it wrong.
Speaker 2: You think you can remember me?
Speaker 3: And there's another one that I love. It's a Roman soldier who probably helped nail his hands to that tree. And the scripture says, most see if I can find it, just give.
Speaker 2: Me a moment.
Speaker 3: He says in Matthew be sitting there, says this at noon, darkness fell across the whole land. You already know I can't see y'all see how close I was. Y'all say that look at that. Some bystanders misunderstood and thought he was calling for Elijah, and one of them ran and filled the sponge with sour wine, holding it up to him, but the rest said, wait, let's see if Elijah comes. Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit, and at that moment the curtain and the sanctuary of the temple was torn into not from the bottom to the top, because if it was from the bottom to the top.
Speaker 2: A man could have torn it.
Speaker 3: But the scripture says that from the top to the bottom, and the earth shook, and rocks split apart, and tombs opened up, and the bodies of many godly women and men who had died were raised from the dead, and they walked out of cemeteries after Jesus' resurrection, and they walked into Jerusalem and appeared to many people. Then the Roman officer and the other soldiers at the crucifixion were terrified, and they said, this man truly was the son of God. I just want to say it's okay to be wrong. We spent a lot of our life trying to be right and clinging to everything that makes us feel like we're more right. That's why you gotta be careful of what you're listening to. On social media, Be careful about the stories they tell you about why people are doing certain stuff.
Speaker 2: Find out for yourself.
Speaker 3: Don't believe somebody else's story, Go get your own story.
Speaker 2: Well you know those type of people? Do you know any of those type of people? Because I probably know some of those type of people that you think are those type of people. And I promise you them type of people. Ain't them type of people? That your type of people? Because we all we type of people.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna pray.
Speaker 2: That wherever.
Speaker 3: Fear has told you a story specifically about your future, some of you there are decisions, opportunities, a life ahead of you that fear is currently telling you it's certain that can't happen, and it's just not true. I want to pray today that wherever you would have been wrong, you'd experience this. The Bible says that he who knew no sin became sin so that we could become the righteousness.
Speaker 2: Of Christ.
Speaker 3: Because God can give you the right people, He can put you on the right pass, and he can give you the right perspective.
Speaker 2: Would you pray with me, Lord.
Speaker 3: God, we thank you for who you are. That you're a right now God, So right now I pray for anybody who feels like fear has told them a story of what will happen and what won't happen. I thank you that you would redeem that story right now in the name of Jesus, that peace, peace that we can't understand, would enter into our hearts. And I pray right now for a super natural boldness, a boldness to live with courage, a boldness to step out and trust you, a boldness to live a life. Lord, God that we could only dream of. Forgive us where we've been wrong, wrong about people, wrong about plans.
Speaker 2: Wrong about perspectives.
Speaker 3: God, would you forgive us give us your eyes to see every doubt, every eye close.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're in here.
Speaker 3: And maybe you're starting to feel and find out that maybe you've been wrong about Jesus. Maybe you've been wrong about God. Maybe you thought God was mad at you. Maybe you thought God was waiting for you to be perfect. Maybe you thought God that was sitting there with his finger pointed you mad and waiting for you to prove it.
Speaker 2: And then he'll love you. No, friend, you're wrong about him.
Speaker 3: He loves you no matter what you've done.
Speaker 2: He loves you no matter where you've been.
Speaker 3: He loves you, no matter what people have said, and with his arms open wide waiting for his child to come home. And if you're in here or watching online and you feel like, man, I've been wrong about Jesus. Today you can become right about Jesus. And it starts with admitting I can't do this by myself.
Speaker 2: I need help.
Speaker 3: And in just a moment, I'm about to pray. And if you want to accept Jesus into your life. Before we pray, I'm gonna ask you, on account of three, to lift your hand.
Speaker 2: And it's you saying I want to get this right. You ain't got to worry about anybody else, ain't got to worry about what other people will think. This is your moment.
Speaker 3: To accept Jesus as your Lord and savior.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: He loves you.
Speaker 2: Two. Today is the day of salvation.
Speaker 3: Three right now in this room, lift your hand if you want to accept Jesus. So proud of you. I got your sister, so proud of you, so proud of you.
Speaker 2: I got you, I got you up there. I see you, man, So proud of you.
Speaker 3: Everybody out loud together, everybody repeat this prayer with me. Everybody say dear God, I admit I've gotten it wrong. I need you. I pray you would change my heart, forgive me and my sin us, make me brand new. It's in Jesus same I pray, Amen and amen. Can we celebrate people who just accepted Jesus.
Speaker 2: Standing all over this room. We're about to get out of here.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, if you just text, if you just raise your hand or prayed that prayer, let us know.
Speaker 2: Text the word save to the number on the screen.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna ask our worship team to lead us in some worship, and maybe you want to stay and worship with us. Maybe on your way out, introduce yourself to somebody, get somebody's phone number, go to lunch with them. Listen, we love you so much. I would encourage you to join us next week. I'm gonna pray for your week. If you need prayer for anything, our prayer team in the back would love to meet you.
Speaker 2: But got to thank you for this week. I pray that we would have.
Speaker 3: A blessed week full of your grace, all of your mercy, and full of your favor. Thank you, Lord Jesus, that you are with us. You will lead us, and you will guide us. Is in the beautiful name of Jesus. We pray and everybody said Amen, Amen, Amen.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 1: If you said that prayer and accept it Jesus into your heart, it's the best decision you could ever make. We want to celebrate with you, and we have some tools to help you on your journey.
Speaker 2: Tech saved to a two A two A two.
Speaker 1: And to find out more about TC text connect to a two A two A two. Be sure to subscribe and share this podcast with your friends. Thanks for listening. Now go out and live a transform life.