Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology.
Speaker 2: We'll let your taco one O one one w jr R. But your freaking idiots all right. This hour brought to you by another Pick your ticket Thursday on the JRR Instagram. You have all day to swing by there. If you want to get involved with this, you.
Speaker 1: Can win tickets to a big JARR shows like Welcome to Rockville, Deftones, a whole bunch of shows. Again, if you're not following us on Instagram, it's at one O one one w jr R. Man, tell me that wasn't perfect timey. I'm kind of out of breath. I had to run down and mail some more BWO stuff out.
Speaker 2: I noticed another influx of requests came in yesterday. Thank you for fulfilling those. Yeah, handled mailman, Bob. That's it. I wear a million hats.
Speaker 1: You know how I do it. If you need your BWO stick or you can get them in person here regular business during the.
Speaker 2: Week, or.
Speaker 1: Mail usay self dress stamped envelope. If you're going for this, what is BWO That means you're newer to the show. That's a bomb world order. It's a grassroots movement. We'll we'll talk more about it at a future date. Yeah, probably later today at some point comes up every day, of course, because there's retail theft every day. So I got to take care of it with BWL.
Speaker 2: One of the most dangerous toys of all time just sold at an online auction for thirteen thousand dollars. Blond Darts. No that, I'm gonna get to those in a second. But while those have their own unique charm, you probably have never heard of this unless you're eighty something years old, because it was a toy that came out and was only available for two years in nineteen fifty and nineteen fifty one. The guy who was behind you remember Arector sets? Yeah, that it Well, it was the same person who came up with those. He rolled out a new science kit for kids in nineteen fifty.
Speaker 1: Director sets were like where you build stuff?
Speaker 2: Correct? Correct? Yes. The guy who was behind that idea had a new science kit that he offered in nineteen fifty called the Gilbert You two thirty eight Atomic Energy Lab. Oh God, and it came with actual uranium genius for kids. It had four glass jars, each with a small amount of radioactive material inside, so you could use a Geiger counter to test the radiation levels right at home.
Speaker 1: Kids, Now, this is the fifties, when you know they sent you to school with a pack of SIGs too.
Speaker 2: It wasn't really all that dangerous as long as you didn't open the jars, but just the act of playing with it still exposed you to basically the amount of radiation you would get from being out in a full day of sun.
Speaker 1: It only causes danger if you open the jars. What do kids do?
Speaker 2: They're curious exactly after they There were less than five thousand of these things that were sold between nineteen fifteen and fifty one, so getting one now, much less in mint condition, it is next to impossible. Thus the thirteen thousand dollars sale price for the online auction that just ended yesterday for the record taco, you nailed it. Most folks would agree that the Gilbert U two thirty eight Atomic Energy Lab does sound quite daunting and dangerous as a toy, much less just an entity and in itself, but it pales in comparison to the infamous lawn darts, which Radar Magazine named the most dangerous toy of all time lawn darts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody just texts in lawn darts immediately came to my mind too.
Speaker 2: M god, those were the best. Those were the best, dude.
Speaker 1: It seems like about four times a year we'll go down memory lane of the day different things. Long darts had to take number one, and then then the slipping slide because you'd always have to juice it up with some soap and.
Speaker 2: In the mix there, let's not forget croquet and croquet mallets that at some point you stopped using the wooden mallets to smash the balls with and you're smashing your friend's head with the mountain. Yeah. It was just it was a backyard corner copy of death traps.
Speaker 1: Or hitting that ball as hard as you could square at their shin. You remember, if you went, if you went underneath it enough, it was like hitting a wedge, like a sand wedge on the golf course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get that sucker airboard you launch it.
Speaker 1: And the other one, obviously, I mentioned the slipping slide because somebody's always gonna come up, you know, and and put it too close to a sidewalk or the road, and then and then soap it up and you're going right out in there.
Speaker 2: That, upon retrospect is probably u adding the uh, the detergent was just needless. I know, of course didn't need to. I mean.
Speaker 1: You were already sliding so fast anyway. Then there was just your regular park slide in floors, steel slide, just dog birds in summer.
Speaker 2: You know, those of those of you who are around our age. We didn't think even twice about that stuff, much less considerate dangerous, and looking back, I would say it was more like character building toys, character building toughness.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, click clacks. Do you remember why? I gotta google that because that rings a bit.
Speaker 2: It does ring a bell, but I'm not quite sure what that is.
Speaker 1: I think that's what we called big shoes. We call them clackers, all right.
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Constipation these things, Yeah, it's like the handle with the two balls. They go and they bounced together. You hit somebody with those, Okay, constipation.
Speaker 2: This is you know, where the heart of what we do every morning for five hours comes into play, and that is public service constipation. Hack As constipation is a common problem, what's their hack? This doctor is getting a bunch of attention, suggesting that to get things moving, you simply move like a cow, basically a variation of a breathing technique that he says activates your vegus nerve, the large nerve that connects your brain to your vital organs. And he says mooing increases the internal pressure in your body much like squatting does, and it tells your colon to get things moving. And he did, you know, concede that if you don't want people to think you're absolutely nuts, you can also just pretend to blow bubble or blow out a candle, which both of those movements will also supposedly activate your vegas nerve and can move. Yeah, I tell you, could you do a little pucker when you do that? Try it? I just I just went a minute. Move you get a little pucker going down in that region.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it deep enough. I don't think I told you. I just went to the restroom. Somebody texted and well, I won't read it a sponsor rights, but I was thinking just instead of mowing in the bathroom and look like a full of a good old six pack old Milwaukee, I'd usually take care of constellation.
Speaker 2: Finally, we want to tell you about scrim I think his name is Yes, Scrim. I got more on Scrim over on a jr Facebook page and a Lunch and Taco blog at w JR dot com. Scrim is basically being described as a fugitive dog now a folk hero in the New Orleans area. This dog has been on the run on and off for months, roaming the streets of New Orleans, and they have been trying it's it's just a stray dog, okay, And I guess Scrim was originally located probably belonged to somebody in a trailer park, they think, and he hung around there for a while, but then found his way into the various areas of New Orleans and has been a common sight. They've been trying to capture him, and they did at one point where they actually had Scrim in a foster home, only for him to escape by jumping out. Taco. The dog jumped out of a second story window and is on the lamb again. I felt like I was gut punched. I felt like it wasn't real. We had a great time. He laid on the couch with me, He fell asleep in my lap and he slept in bed with me. We gave him a bath. Yeah, he was just he was lulling you into a false sense of security.
Speaker 1: Oscar pet lady, Yep, And then you leave the window up and against some of that New Orleans cooler air and.
Speaker 2: Look for the opportunity.
Speaker 1: He's gone scrimlest what's the name scrim Did they explain that?
Speaker 2: No, it's a seventeen pound mutt. That's mainly terrier. People have gotten. There's tattoos people have gotten this dog. There's t shirts that have been made. He has avoided. He has avoided those nets that the dog catchers will try to shoot over, you know, a dog to catcher. He's eluded dart guns, dark gun. No, he's dodged it all in.
Speaker 1: A long dart that'll take care of scrim.
Speaker 2: Well, no, don't no.
Speaker 1: Somebody said we call it slip and bleed. Slip and bleed. Somebody else said they used to put crisco all over the bottom of their their sleds.
Speaker 2: Think about that. I don't know anything about northern living in wintertime stuff, so I wouldn't know. It sounds we equally as dangerous.
Speaker 1: We did it on restaurant trays up in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Remember it doesn't make us ten percent sluid I I am just drunken idiots I think was what that was
Speaker 1: Just one on one one w j r R, Orlando's rock station,