Speaker 1: We're Tom and Lorenzo and this is the Pop Style Opinion Fest. Hell, look, welcome back to another edition of the Pso I'm the Tea and you're te Lo. Tom Fitzgerald and I'm here with the Low and you're Telo Lorenzo because my lovely husband, yay, And we did not think we were doing a podcast this week. In fact, we announced that we weren't doing a podcast this week because Lorenzo had hand surgery. Yeah, I mean nothing, No, you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's well, apparently you.
Speaker 1: Were perked up for a couple of days, got his percocets, and I was like, you know what, let's just take the week.
Speaker 2: It's a trigger finger pretty much. Yeah, and so it's it's a quick surgery, same day surgery.
Speaker 1: I had this same issue about five or six years ago. I'm sorry, go ahead now.
Speaker 2: I postponed for a long time because you know, you can start by just doing exercises and then if that doesn't work, then you move on to injections and then finally surgery. So I was like, I don't need this finger.
Speaker 1: So it was pinky finger. Yeah. We people don't know that blogging is hell on your body. Sometimes. And I had the same issue about six years ago. I had multiple trigger fingers after I and by that I mean your hands, your fingers curl up, you can't uncleane them. And that was after writing Legendary Children. And it's you know, you spend all day clicking on a mouse and typing, and at a certain point your hands say that's enough. So but in my case, I never needed surgery. I first I got the injections, and then they gave me exercises and splints to wear, so it never got But you ignored it.
Speaker 2: Well, I ignored everything. And mine got so bad to the point that if I wash my face, I would like pull my face with my finger. It's tough. I couldn't put my MICUs. Yeah, I couldn't put my hand in the pocket anymore without you know, too much trouble. And then and I was in airports, I was like, how am I going to do skin my hand? Now? I don't want to have to explain to the agent every time we look at my finger. Anyway, so I had surgery. Everything is fine. I can't go to the gym, but I will wait, you know, and then remove all the ditches next week.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yes, and I'm fin Lorenzo's fine. But anyway, he got up this morning, I had already been up for an hour and I was like, look, honey, Harry and Meghan podcasts always do numbers for us. And Harry and Meghan just announced the bombshell announcement that they are returning to London, returning to England to live, and we are going to talk about that. We have many, many, many thoughts about that. But we also had on the back burner we were planning and then we canceled this week's podcast. We were planning to talk about another thing about which we are both a little hot at the moment, which is well, it's first the news that Nicholas Holt has taken a role in the Bear in the Harry Potter a TV series, a TV series, and that's just a disappointment. And also actress Belle Pally, who was already cast in the in the series, just gave it bullshit answer. I'm going to toss to you because you have all the facts. However, let me just in case people don't know, because honestly, I was talking to a family member recently and they just don't know about j K Rowling. But you know, it's not permeating past people who really pay attention to or who care about trains people.
Speaker 2: Because there's a lot of denial out there. So J. K.
Speaker 1: Rowling, who is a billionaire made a billion dollars as the author of Harry Potter, has spent the last more than half decade, it's pretty much close to a decade at this point, speaking out against transgender people and in really really bigoted ways and leading entire social movements against trans people in England in the UK, and also using her money to fund anti trans legislation, some of which has already gotten passed. And she is very very open that about the fact that she will use any money she makes to fight the scourge of trans people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she has a fund. There's a website. Yeah, I'm not going to mention the name. But anyway, she has a site and a fund that you know, if you need any help, you know, suing a transperson, talk to her. Anyway. The thing with this issue is that if you follow the news about this, you've been following the news about this. It started very mild with her just going like, well, trans people have the right to be out there.
Speaker 1: That's trans rhetoric. Generally in the last decade.
Speaker 2: But then but you know women, and it was always this very mild, very gentle conversation about trans people, and then it kept increasing increasing in getting worse and worse, AND's to the point that she's full blown against trans people.
Speaker 1: And just everything hits when you're like on social media and you find it happens on the right wing all the time. They find out that they can get It's the same thing. Listen, he was never a good person, but you can watch Elon Musk in the last ten years. He just went completely insane online.
Speaker 2: When you find the support, when you see people you know gathering and saying you're right, you know, you go, girl, you know right, we're right, We're behind you, and these people are horrible, and then you know, and you have the money, because that's the issue. She has the money and not a lot of it people a lot of it to Spain. And she said it, and I quote her, she doesn't care about her legacy. She said that I'm going to be dead anyway, and I'm quoting here here. She doesn't care.
Speaker 1: She thinks she's fighting the good fight.
Speaker 2: Right, And that's what people do. I mean when they put something in their head, they you know, they think that's that's that's what they need to do, that's their mission. And when you have the money, then that's the problem here. And you know, so she's so there's and I understand her books. I never read her books. I was never interested in any of her books. It's not my thing. And but I understand that her books are very very popular the whole franchise.
Speaker 1: They are very important to an entire generation, and.
Speaker 2: People will love the books. So it's very hard for people to say, you know, no to the books, no to all that, and then you know and not support her. And I was so disappointed with Nicholas Halton and Baille Palley because I like both. I like both as actors.
Speaker 1: She had already taken the role though she's But.
Speaker 2: I was disappointed with the statement because I have the statement, and I'll talk about it in a minute. My point is that I understand, and I was very angry on Instagram and I posted something, I usually don't talk about this woman at all because I don't want to talk about her. Yes, I don't want to talk about her because the more you talk about her, the you know, the more Champagne bottles she opened and celebrates. So I so I didn't want to talk about it, but I was very disappointed with Paley because she she came out with the statement.
Speaker 1: I can read it.
Speaker 2: I haven't read now to read, so you go ahead and read it.
Speaker 1: I strongly disagree with JK. Rowling's views on gender. I think that the trans community deserves safety and dignity and respect and total acceptance. All good, but like she follows it up with a butt. But I love Harry Potter. I grew up with the books. I am from that for there should not be a butt in that statement. I am from that first generation of readers. And again I love magic and spookiness, okay more than trans people.
Speaker 2: I guess there shouldn't be a statement at all because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take your money and just go home.
Speaker 2: As I said on Instagram, these people should just take the money and shut their mouths because a statement like that doesn't have It makes me even angrier because you're saying that trans people should have all the acceptance when when you taking money from someone she's the executive producer on the show. Yeah, you're taking money from someone who's saying that trans people have no rights. So you can't have it.
Speaker 1: You can't say I love and support trans people and then follow that up with but yes.
Speaker 2: And my disappointment was, you know, I mean, you can say John Liso did the same thing, but he's an old geezer.
Speaker 1: You know, he still should know better. He's lay a train.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it, but you know, I'm more disappointed with this younger generation of you know, like, these people are young. Come on.
Speaker 1: And the thing about Nicholas Holt that is really really disappointing is he's not some B list act right, You're making Superman movies at this point. You are a list. You were pulling major checks and you're not even gonna be playing I mean, if if he was playing like Voldemort or something like that, I'm like, well, I guess an actor camp. But he's playing not a minor character, but definitely a bee character. Why why are you taking this money? Why are you doing this?
Speaker 2: I understand, you know, I'm not accepting these people to be very aggressive about their views and politics, like Javier bor Danfritxam who says, I don't care about my career anymore. This is this is my mission, this is my view, which is you know, do.
Speaker 1: You ironically, that's what JK Rowling says. But it's working well for.
Speaker 2: Her, right, So I understand, But you can't just say no to one one thing. I mean, you have you already have a ton of money. I understand if you're young, starting your career, this is your first project or whatever.
Speaker 1: Kids those kids should not be blamed for taking those roles.
Speaker 2: I agree. And but you know it's HBO is a major project you starting your career. I can understand. I don't accept it, but I understand. But and that's my thing on Instagram, I even said, because you know, you say something on Instagram and then people come back with something completely different to fight you back. So I said, listen, I understand. I'm not asking you to burn the books or or you know, forget that you like these books whatever you have them, you bought them. That was before she went completely nuts. I get that part. But supporting any new project it.
Speaker 1: Makes her money. Yeah, that's the point. It makes her money.
Speaker 2: Right knowing what what what what her position is right now, and you still support her because you love the books. That's you know, you just give the money to, you know, to the wrong people. And so when when actors accept a project like that, I think they should just accept it, shut up, and you know, hope that people will forget about Well when you come out with statements like that, uh, it's just bullshit. It's bullshit. You just calling me stupid that you know it's why.
Speaker 1: And it also, I mean, it helps reinforce I'm not naive about this, but it's it's sometimes good to be reminded. Celebrities are not moral, right, should not look for moral guidance. They're not moral actors, and many of them are far far far more involved with their careers and making money than they are in any social justice sort of ideas. So and people on the left, actually both sides do this, tend to uphold any celebrity that they feel as their same values. And it's like, you know what, you have no idea if these people even have values.
Speaker 2: It's very hard. Like I sometimes I post on Instagram like I say I adore this actor or whatever, and I'm like, I sometimes I check. I'm like, all right, is this versa clean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm really worry about that sort of.
Speaker 2: I know. It's just like because people come back and say, you know, you're supporting someone who blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, and I understand, but at the same time, it's like, God, you can't.
Speaker 1: No, I actually am. I meant that differently. I'm like, I'm really wary of elevating yes people too much or claiming to love someone that I'm like, no, I love your work. I love but I don't know you.
Speaker 2: Now when I say adore you or I love you, and I make sure to point out what roles and movies or whatever I mean the work. But even so people still come back and say, you know, you should not talking about this person because blah blah blah blah. And I get it. But at the same time, we have directors like the Ali Pencu, the director of Black Mirror. She came out posted on an Instagram that she was invited to direct the series and she said, haf no uh to transphobia and youth that you can say no and you know we're not talking about I mean, she's a famous director, but you know it's not like some mega mega mega multi's.
Speaker 1: Not making the money Nicholas Hold is making.
Speaker 2: Right exactly so, but and she said no, not the one. The low key director Kate Herron also said no, you can say no, you know, and you're not gonna miss rent. No. I mean it's just like, come on, but I think but that's that's how Yeah, that's that says a lot about celebrities. That says a lot about the entertainment Indian and actors and directors in general. They sometimes just can't help themselves to want the attention, to want you know, more and more and more and and and if it doesn't affect you direct then yeah, they don't care.
Speaker 1: They don't care. We will not be covering the Harry Potter Show, and we will not. I did joke about this that I we would cover the Red Carpet, but all the captions would be links to trans organizations. But and people are like, oh, you should do it, you should do it, but that would require us purchasing the pictures, and that just sends a message that oh, this is right, these are hot. We you know, No, we're not going to that is no. We've all often said that it's our job to cover things, and sometimes we're going to cover people like Johnny Depp or whatever who were just problematic, asshole, Brad Pitt whomever. But this is this is on a different level than that. I'm not suggesting, you know, Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt are supposed to are accused, credibly accused domestic abusers. I am not, you know, whitewashing that at all. But when you are leading a social movement to destroy lives, that's that's on a different level. And I really cannot support it.
Speaker 2: And people were saying, they say, I mean the stuff I read online. I mean there was some guy on Instagram saying, well, I'm gay and my kids loved the book. I was like, all right, that kind of statement. And also people saying left and right, you know, we should be able to separate the art from the you know.
Speaker 1: Or but she's not doing.
Speaker 2: JK.
Speaker 1: Ralling has made it perfectly clear her art is fueling her big Atrice, So she's making it a connection.
Speaker 2: It's one thing when you have a point of view and you collecting out that money and you keeping in your bank, But when you going out there and saying I'm using this money.
Speaker 1: Right, it's not it's her point of view. I am one hundred sure that we cover celebrities on the regular who are probably transphobic, of course, and I would bet that we have probably covered a few that have actually said things publicly that are transphobic. But again, this isn't about JK. Rowling's view. She's allowed to have them as we're you know, as repulsive as I find them. Like I said, she's using her money to fund a social movement to destroy the lives of trans people. So that's on a whole another you cannot separate. She's using the money from her art to do this, and you cannot separate the art from the artist, and.
Speaker 2: That you you she's using the weapon that causes more damage than anything else, which is money. Money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the problem all our billionaires decided in the last ten years. You know what, let's take off the guardrails. We're rich, we can do whatever the fuck we want.
Speaker 2: Absolutely So anyway, it's very disappointing. I'm sure there's gonna be more disappointment coming, but it is what it is. I'm just not gonna take your statement, and I'm gonna call it out. You know, I'm gonna say it's bullshit.
Speaker 1: Agreed to our trans siblings, we stand with you, To our trans a non binary siblings, we stand with you. Trans arts are human rights, and we will speak out against this shit when we have the platform to do so. All right, we're gonna take a short break and then we're gonna come back and talk about another Harry.
Speaker 2: You'll be right back.
Speaker 1: We're back, And I'm pretty sure you probably skipped that whole first fifteen minutes to get to this part. I hope you didn't.
Speaker 2: But it's all over the news.
Speaker 1: It's of course all over the news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are or I'm sorry, Prince Harry and Meghan Sussex, the Duke and duchesses, whatever you want to call them. They are moving back to the UK after six years. They've fled in twenty twenty because they felt that their family life, their security and their public reputation was just constantly at risk or being trashed.
Speaker 2: And I guess and they were attacking his wife, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had a really bad, bad time of it after they got married in the UK. And there is blame to be had all around, but I personally placed a lot of them. Well, most of the blame is on the British media, of course, and some blame is on that family. This is again one of those conversations where I don't know these people, and I'm never going to know these people, and anything you get about how they are behind closed doors is very very filtered and usually through people that have agendas. Not only that, but much of our understanding of who these people are is based not on stuff from behind closed doors, but from royal I'm using scare quotes here, royal commentators who just talk about if you read the People magazine report, because they were the first one to break it exclusively, there were like six different sentences that started off. People understands that, meaning I can't quote anyone, I don't have any direct reference, but someone surmised that this is what's going on. That is the gist of so much royal commenting, and listen, that's what we're doing. But I'm not pretending like I have insider information.
Speaker 2: Right that this is a fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have always talked about the Royals based on, you know, what is publicly available, mixed with some skepticism about the gossip and that sort of thing, and that's pretty much how we're treating this. So I want to first off say kudos to Lorenzo because I believe one of the time last few times we talked about Harry and Meghan. You said he's going to move home. He's going to move home, and I said it, and I remember saying, I don't think so. I think he loves his life here.
Speaker 2: No, I mean recently. I mean, I know for the past I don't know six months.
Speaker 1: I just want to say there has been a change, change in the last six months.
Speaker 2: Every time he gives an interview, he talks about missing you know, Great Britain, London or whatever, his life back there. He talks a lot about that. So I saw that coming and I'm sure he didn't do it any sooner because of her, probably, you know, probably because Megan doesn't want to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, there's that I do want to start off, well, we've already started up. I do want to interject here and say that, and you agree with We talked about this ahead of time that ninety percent of what happens in their marriage and the things that they do, like leaving and going back, and the way they deal with his family and everything, that's him, but everybody blames it on her. We've talked about this before. Harry's issues with his family and with the British press and with the British public are very well documented. He has come right out and said these things even before he left the country. He is met about what happened to his mother and he blames not wrongly, the media, his father, his family and the British public.
Speaker 2: He's had issues way before they got married, way before he met that ever since he had walked behind her coffin exactly.
Speaker 1: And the only reason, well, there's a lot of reasons why William doesn't have the same issues. Number one being.
Speaker 2: He's going to be the king.
Speaker 1: He's going to be the king, and he knew he had to surrender all of this, like you weren't going to get a chance to rebel. But second, and this is this, This is from reading between the lines. This is from just you know, it is from gossip, It is from royal insider stuff. But my understanding is that when Diana was alive, William, as the older, more responsible son, saw a lot of stuff and saw the way she acted, saw her had more of an understanding of her issues, her addiction issues, her eating disorder issues, and her volatility, her personality issues. I mean, Diana was volatile when we could talk. Well, we're not going to but there's been a lot to talk about why she was that way, but there's no denying she was incredibly difficult to deal with. And there's all these stories about her calling him up when he was away at school, like in the middle of the night, and just unloading on him. My point being, he's got that older sibling understanding of his parents' troubled marriage and that he sees them both as human beings and adults, whereas Harry didn't. He had that little boy's understanding and he never outgrew it. And he's mad at Camilla and he's mad at his father, and listen, I would be too. Frankly, I'm not saying that's weird, but that's I'm just explaining the difference between them.
Speaker 2: They're very different, and they they knew they were going to take different path in life, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not sure Harry knew that until about twenty nineteen, well because he's.
Speaker 2: An idiot, But but Harry knew, I'm going to be the king, and this is William new. I mean, I'm sorry, William knew and he said, this is my life now. And then he met someone married someone who is also dying to be the queen are you kidding me? I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm just think get yelled, so I don't care.
Speaker 2: But that's that's that's their plan and and there work. They worked very hard for it on it. So that's that Harry was the crazy guy, young guy, loved to poorty, loved America, loved the United States and meet Hollywood people and people in the United States. And that's how he met Meghan.
Speaker 1: Before Meghan came into the picture, because we covered them. We used to cover them as a threesome. Harry, William and Catherine would go out together and do events together. And I think before Meghan, there was a big part of Harry that thought he was going to be like a It's very similar to Princess Margaret, where he thought he was going to be some sort of co monarch because he and his brother are clothes. And and then you know, it wasn't Kate's arrival because he loved Kate. You could tell he adored Kate. It was Megan's arrival because Megan arrives and suddenly it's very codified that you were on a lower level and as the Queen was rapidly aging and they were getting closer and closer to that throne. This was all becoming much more pronounced and say what you want.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't deny the fact that, Okay, you're an actor and you're you're not British. I mean, of course people are going to look at her a different way. I mean they are no matter how hard she tried.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not. And we've talked about this and I'm not going to rehash it because I do think Harry and Meghan made some mistakes and how to integrate her into life to which she was completely unprepared.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying she didn't try it. I'm sure she tried very hard, Megan to fit in and to be part of the royal family. But no matter how hard you try, you're not British.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing I think, and this is really well documented, especially with the women who marry into the family, they learn, whether they can accept it or not. Diana could not accept it that they are told early on, this is how limited you are, this is what you cannot do, this is how you have to act. And my understanding is that Megan wasn't fully briefed on all of that, and part of that is because Harry just didn't want to just you know, he thought he could. I don't know. They think they can change the system, and the system all always always slaps some days.
Speaker 2: I think they are and they were very naive about the whole thing. And you know, at least she has an excuse. She didn't grow up, you know, in that system he did, so I'm sure he went like, oh, honey, you'll be fine, You'll be fine. And she wasn't briefed well enough. She didn't get the support that she needed, so she you know, of course, she was going to make mistakes and not do what was expected.
Speaker 1: Also, I think her personality, yes, that's not well suited to it. And that's not a criticism of her, but she's the girl with binders.
Speaker 2: She does all her work.
Speaker 1: She shows up with ideas and meetings and agendas and that's great. But you cannot do that, buckingham ballas you absolutely that's not your role. You go where you're told, you say with the words that they write for you. That's it. I think it sucks. That's not a life I would want. But it was Harry's job. More importantly, it was Charles's job to make sure that she understood that.
Speaker 2: So that's why it didn't work. And had she married someone like William, maybe because then you have a whole system there to tell you this.
Speaker 1: Is how William would have married her.
Speaker 2: But my point is that you know what I mean, like, because day was prepped, then you would have a husband that understand that system, expect that system, and he would and he would tell your wife, you know, this is how we're going to do it, honey. No. You you married the crazy one who wanted to party all night.
Speaker 1: And and you know, and didn't think the rules of plan.
Speaker 2: No. Now, he thought that he could get away with it, right and he didn't. Yeah, and then when he had to give up everything to have the life he wanted with his wife, he regretted. I'm sorry, you can tell me whatever, but I'm that guy regretted everything.
Speaker 1: I don't think he regretted everything. I And again, we don't know these people, but I think there were times in their California life where he was really really happy. He loved the house, he loved raising those kids. There it was And I'm basing this off of social media things and videos and stuff like that, but I don't think they were faking. I do think it's harder. You know, someone like Harry Is who had such a sheltered life. I know he was well traveled and well educated, and he was a soldier and all of that, but come on, he was not someone who could stop being British or surrender his Britishness. And sometimes, and I did think sometimes that California was a mistake for them and they should have stayed in Canada because he could have kept a pseudo British social existence there, but California is. And then the other thing I thought was, if you had to do America, then you might have been better off in New York, which is more similar to London than la ever will be not let alone Montecito, California is it was a mistake because he was not suited to that that existence. I think he enjoyed it, but then I think it just didn't pay off for him. Everything was very.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, when you grew up, we'd be befolding you underwear and cutting your meat and you know, and you know, preparing the bath for you. No, he ca'd change, you know, in twenty four hours. I'm sorry, Yeah, you cannot. So that's what happened there. I mean, I know they have houses everywhere. They have a house in Lisbon housing in anyway, It's not like his life was wasn't great in la but he wasn't the same and he missed his family. I'm sure he missed his family too.
Speaker 1: I think that was a really big part of it. Harry's this is what I mean, Harry's social life, Harry's family life. Harry's circle of friends was very very British. One of his favorite things to do is polo. And yes, I know they have a very good polo very good polo clubs all over the country, but especially in California. And I know he got to do that, but I doubt very much it was the same thing as playing with his mates, with the guys that he went to school with, or the cousins that he's known his whole life. That's he was never prepared for that kind of break. Some people aren't like Megan as an actress, As someone who was a little more traveled, he can bounce around and adjust to things. Although I think she found England impossible. Why don't we take a bit of a break, because now we have psychoanalyze Harry, and we let's talk about her. Why we think this is happening and what we think the next thing will be. So yeah, we'll be right back. We're back talking about Prince Harry and Mega Markles shocking returned to the UK, which was just announced less than twenty four hours ago. So we are, and I should remind you of once again, we're not operating on a lot of information here. I did read as many reports as I could this morning, and for instance, one of them was there's this one story that's going around that King Charles only found out about this four days ago. But the story is sourced to the Sun, which is a total rag who hates Megan and Harry. And then it was picked up by page six in the New York Post, which is owned by Rupert Murdik, who also hates them. So this is the thing, when you look at any sort of reportage of these two, you really have to look at the source. So I don't know how much I believe some of the stories that are coming out about why they made this decision or how they made this.
Speaker 2: So I also read that the story broke he in the United States first, of that true that I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, I mean, yes, in American People magazine it was an exclusive for like an hour.
Speaker 2: And they were mad in England, you know, the family of royal family, because that's how they found out first. That's my er.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: I don't say that at all.
Speaker 2: Way before that thing was published, they knew all about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Harry and Meghan have made a lot of mistakes and dealing with the family, but I don't think they would be that freaking stupid surprise we're moving back, No, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Harry visited his father and Meghan and the grandchildren earlier this summer, and there were some lovely pictures of them, like at Althorpe where his mother is buried, and you're.
Speaker 2: Not supposed to be published, by the way.
Speaker 1: You could sense the long and even and Meghan was the one who posted those pictures. So I in retrospect, I do think there were conversations happening. It's not just that Harry misses his mates. And we'll get into Megan because immediately it's all this discussion about Meghan's business opportunities and whether they paid off for her and everything like that, and we'll talk about that, but just put bluntly, Charles has cancer. He's in his late seventies, and I think that visit pulled up a lot of feelings in Harry. He did say a couple of days ago there was a statement that came out where he said he was going to be returning to England on a regular basis over every couple of months. And when I read that statement a couple days ago, and listen, this is just me talking. I have no inside information. I'm not claiming this to be true. But when I read that a couple days ago, I was like, oh, man, Charles must be in really bad shape. And this that was my first thought with this. Yes, their businesses are not doing great. Yes Harry misses his mates, but his father is elderly and I'm not going to say he's dying, but he's in he has a serious condition.
Speaker 2: And I would think that I I think that would be a much smarter move to just go visit every now and then, as opposed to move. I don't think this movie is gonna go well at all. I'm like, this is not no, It's just going to escalate. It's just going to get worse and worse by the minute. The press is going to go after her again, go after them again, and now the children are there. This is my thing. I'm like, go ahead, yeah, I mean, this is not good at all. And again naive guy decides to move back without really thinking, this is not a good decision. If you want to visit your grandfather every every two months, I'm sorry, father, I mean.
Speaker 1: Take your money.
Speaker 2: Just go fly first class, exactly, Go go all the time. Take the children, you know, take the Megan, take everybody. You don't even had to take pictures and make it public. Just make it private, you know, no anyway, but no, you decide to move.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine. Now that's not gonna goast be in her throat. Listen, she documented, They both documented the poor treatment of her by the press over there. I'm not evenna talk about the family stuff because I don't even know how true any of that is. But the it's well documented that she was on there, and it continued. They moved to America and they still published stories about them every single day anytime any of the either of them did anything. Did you know with the Invictus Games or her documentary or her you know, they they came out with the most vicious shit. They are known for it. They are infamous for it. And my first thought, well, I kind of guessed when the first report came out because it included the sentence that their children were already ruled in schools. And I'm like, Megan, really, really you are, like, I can't imagine that you're like excited about enrolling your children into the system that you fled and very publicly claimed on an international level was hugely racist.
Speaker 2: Do you just those who have learned nothing and they love to play royal family?
Speaker 1: No, we'll get into that, but I don't believe that to be true at all. I don't think, well, we'll get into it now. I don't believe they're doing anything royal. I don't think the family will allow it. I don't think Charles will allow it, and I really don't think they want it.
Speaker 2: No, they want to be royal without working.
Speaker 1: Well, there's about the glass of people in England, upper class aristocratic people in which they can live and I mean, like, Eugenie's not a working royal, Beatrice isn't a working world. They'll do fine. I think he does miss his family, but I get like the I mean, I whatever, but I hope her children are treated well. That would scare the shit out of me to enroll my I mean, they had security issues, they had publicity issues, Okay, and then I want to bring this up. The timing of this is so strange to me because the British press is right now being coming in for international criticism and currently tearing itself apart over the death of Cambridge professor Jason, aren't they who is was a black man who the press hounded tremendously until he killed himself. And I'm not getting into that case at all. But the whole country is buzzing with the idea that the British press is feral and racist and tries to destroy lives. And here's Megan enrolling her kids in school. I don't get. I don't This is why I think Charles must be in a bad way, because that is honestly the only reason I can see her agreeing to Okay, let's go with that.
Speaker 2: He's dying and they want to come back. Big mistake because he's because if he die, things are going to get even worse because William is going to be the king and he want to be an asshole about those two.
Speaker 1: Now, he'll probably reconcile with him because of the pr I mean, it might not be true behind the scenes, but publicly they'll probably reconcile.
Speaker 2: Moving is a is a bad choice.
Speaker 1: They're not going to be in a royal residence, which is good a good idea, and evidently they have not asked for security, which is also a good idea. Again, making all of this sound kind of urgent and dire is the fact that Harry just lost his court case in the UK against the media and is going to owe like forty five pounds or something. And now, listen, he's probably good for it. Like I don't think, I really don't think they're struggling.
Speaker 2: With Are you kidding me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: But again, all of these things add up to this would not be a good idea right now, and that's why I think Charles must be in bad shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess I don't understand why they're moving. They have a house in La gorgeous house, they have a lot house in Lisbon. Why do you have to move? Just keep traveling? I guess, just well, go see your family every now and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there are your kids in schools or something, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is the reason to move aside from the family it's not like this family is, you know, watching TV and.
Speaker 1: Has social group. His whole social group, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, he even if he moves, he's going to see his father once a week. I would be.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about her business, her businesses. So I looked it up and yes, because you have to wade through a lot of gossip, but it does appear to be true that as Ever is not as sort of Sun Dialing as a company. She hasn't been doing much work with it. There hasn't been much in the way of sales. There's been no new product rollouts or anything. So it sounds like that's probably not happening for her. She is nominated for an Emmy currently as an Emmy nominee because of her show on Netflix. Netflix did not produce another season of the show, but supposedly she's coming back for specials. I don't know if that's still happened. Granted, if she did a special from some English cottage, yeah, the numbers on that would be pretty fucking oh yeah. So maybe that's the plan.
Speaker 2: Her Lovely Garden and herbs in the UK, But.
Speaker 1: I yeah, I don't know what. I don't know that Harry and Megan actually have to work. I mean, I really don't know if that's the case. I don't know how much money they had, but there's all this talk about there whatever. But I don't know. Maybe they're just gonna come back and just be you know, lazy aristocrats because that's the only life he knows. Well yeah, yeah, But again, I just want to say, the press is going after her because they're so freaking obsessed with her, and I don't really think this has a lot to do with her. I think she's trying to keep her crazy husband happy and she's agreeing to things. I just I don't know her, but I cannot imagine.
Speaker 2: This is a very move because it's not gonna go well. Let's aside from the press. This is not gonna go well because he has a bad relationship with his brother. He bedmouths the whole family to Oprah so and the book, so I mean he he said horrible things about the family, so he has to deal with the family issues, you know, before anything else. So I don't think that's gonna go well moving back, and the press is going to destroy them, both of them, and then they're gonna be the press. So there's gonna be this vicious cycle.
Speaker 1: I mean, I need some sort of sign that something's going to be different this time. Did you hire someone to handle this show?
Speaker 2: Are you doing?
Speaker 1: Or you just flying back and buying a place and thinking it's I just I wish them well, I really do, but I have a really hard time saying how this works out well for them. I need to remind folks because a lot of times Americans don't know this. Megan fans don't know this. They are extremely unpopular with the public. They are especially She's probably one of the least popular public fingers in the UK.
Speaker 2: Because she's not playing the game.
Speaker 1: And if they come back and start playing the game, she'll be criticized for being insincere or faking it or whatever. I'm curious. I mean, how Kate feels about all that.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, well she's gonna smile all the way through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they tried to land a couple of blows on her, which was not a good idea.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, that woman is one step away from becoming the queen. She is gonna behave you know? Wait?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, of course she is. But I don't see them making appearances together or anything like that.
Speaker 2: She will do anything necessary. And that's the thing about those two. Say what you want about those two, but they know what they have to do. This guy is completely lost.
Speaker 1: Well, and there's a family history of second siblings being completely lost because they don't take care of them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It is the system that let him down, It is his family let him down.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the major problem with this royal family is that they learn nothing, and they learn nothing. They learn nothing from history, their own history, and they don't feel like they need to change anything.
Speaker 1: No, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they just do with it. Yeah they did, or ignore it, ignore it. Yeah, but that's it.
Speaker 1: No change, and that's whatsoever in essence, that's what Harry's doing. He's like, we're just going to move forward and ignore everything that that I said and that I did and that I felt, and we'll just.
Speaker 2: He does he really think that he can?
Speaker 1: Well, actually, yes, If Harry and Meghan moved back and keep their freaking mouth shut for a good year or so, the family will warm up to them. Stay out of the press, don't get that going to happen. Don't have no gossip nothing. If you stay out of it, the family will warm.
Speaker 2: Up to you are you kidding me. I'm sure there's Photarget's already camped.
Speaker 1: Well, they can't family not to blame them for that going out and giving interviews and statements. They Oh, even the family can't blame Megan for being, you know, a paparazzi.
Speaker 2: No, the press is going to get very bad. They're going to go after the kids, take pictures of the kids getting out of school, all that, and then Harry is going to come out and make a statement about.
Speaker 1: If he's smart. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: If he's smart, he's not smart.
Speaker 1: But I'm hoping they learned something in all this time, and if he's coming back, I really hope, like supposedly, Harry is very close with Beatrice and Eugenie that has remained close to them all this time, and I really hope those two are working on them and saying listen, because listen, they are Andrew's daughters. If there's anything they know, it's how to just ride out something and keep your mouth shut. I just wish someone in the family would tell him this, just shut up, because that is the only thing that family values in its members, is the fact that they don't say anything to anybody about anything. That is like their number one ethos, right, and Harry just never understood that. So if they move back, I really hope they shut them up. Just shut up, you know, tend to your garden, you know, get your kids in school, play polo, and I guess they're gonna do well. Obviously he's gonna do Invictus and stuff like that. But for her sake, for her sake, honey, just tend to your garden and bake your cookies. Like I'm sorry, at least for the first year, stay out of it.
Speaker 2: That's not gonna happen. I know it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: She's gonna want to do like charitable stuff, and that shit doesn't fly with the family. They don't like when they're doing these pseudo royal because that's.
Speaker 2: Pseudor oyal shit. And they do that because they don't want the responsibility. And I understand, but cut the fucking cord.
Speaker 1: There's other ways to do charitable work. You don't have to do public facing charitable work, and that's the kind of stuff that they like to do, you know. And well, all right, I think we've beaten this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not gonna go well. And I finally and Honestly, I find the whole and gross because it's like, these people have so much money, you built this enormous housing in Italy. He spent all this well whatever they bought the house or whatever, spent money creating that palace with with fake gardens and then and fake herbs, and then she they she and you know, they go back. She decides that okay, he decides that okay, and then they all go and leave everything behind. What they're not selling the house. Apparently they're keeping the house because they know they're gonna come back.
Speaker 1: Because I think they're just there on hospice watch. Honestly, I hate to say that because that's really it, but I mean, yeah, I think that's it. They They are acting exactly like estranged members of a dying family member would act. That's that's it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I know, I know Charles is out making public appearances, and I you know, it looks like Charles.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 1: But then again, cancer doesn't always have a visible, you know, component, and you.
Speaker 2: Can't trust his family at all.
Speaker 1: I mean they but yeah, my thinking is all of the that it's weird. It doesn't entirely make sense. It kind of contradicts everything. They said, before all of that gets explained by Charles is in really big shape, as.
Speaker 2: Julia Roberts said, very wisely, ones big mistake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big mistake, all right. So love to hear your thoughts on this, except for the ones where you want to yell at us, but I guess you're allowed to say that stuff too, huh. And we'll be back actually tomorrow with the Bitterkit Movie Club podcast. We're watching Wuthering Heights, so please go watch that tonight so you can follow along with us tomorrow, and then we'll be back next week with whatever crosses ours across our desk. Until then, take care of yourselves, love you mean it.
Speaker 2: By bye,