Speaker 1: It's the JB and Sandy Show, and you can now save us as a preset on the iHeartRadio. It's Austin Dad station on three point one. Instagram got JB again. The algorithm has figured him out, knows what he wants, and JB's not afraid to throw down the credit card and buy.
Speaker 2: They're playing me like a violin Instagram.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you real quick though, if it is, if it's going to be like a week before it gets there, does that deter you from buying?
Speaker 2: Not too much.
Speaker 3: I know where you're coming from, but the expectations are to get it in a day or two.
Speaker 2: Now with himything, Yeah, exactly exactly. It depends on the item. What'd you get now? All right? So I went down this rabbit hole of.
Speaker 3: I had done a Google search or too, and then once it's you know, it picks that up your social media it's on. So I was searching for some of the time. It's like a whole new category and like whole new industry is alcohol alternatives. So you probably have heard of like Athletic Brewing. That's a beer that's craft beer that started a while back and now is one of the top ten brewers in the US making non alcohol beer.
Speaker 2: Wow, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: It's one of the coolest business success stories that I've seen in a while. And so I was going down that route. You know, my you ever heard that I love this term sober curious. Yeah, yes, it's a great term. And you know, my daughter's kind of sober curious. And I and I'm you know, I'm trying to cut back. I'm not saying I'm going to cut it out, but who knows. And so I was doing a search of some of the top alcohol alternatives and then I'll show you the first one, this one I had been getting, and then there's four new ones. They all they all showed up this morning. Okay, like I ordered it late yesterday, all showed up in a day. I have a couple more on the way, and I need to remember not to select that four am to eight am because the dogs go crazy. Yeah. This one is laylo kava uh huhkva. Cava is a root from like Fiji, and it gives you this one I've tried. It kind of makes your lips numb and gives you a little bit of a mellow feeling.
Speaker 2: But there's no alcohol.
Speaker 3: No alcohol alcohol, mouth tingling sensation and full ba body relaxation.
Speaker 2: They basically took cava.
Speaker 3: If you've ever been in a kava bar, like it's a it's a very traditional thing where you drink it in a coconut shell, usually warm, and it tastes like mud, and so you usually have to add like cinnamon or chocolate or something like that and then and it can give you a really good buzz if you want the buzz. But anyhow, that's gaining a lot of popularity. Here's the ones. Oh, here's one other I've tried before, and then these other three here I've never had. This one has Lion's Main mushroom instead of alcohol. It is a ginger mule by Little Saints.
Speaker 2: Now do these I mean, do they taste alcoholic or yeah?
Speaker 3: This this one in particular, well the other three to my right here I have not had yet.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 3: I had you pour this on ice and it's like you're having a like a nice cocktail. Really yeah, And do.
Speaker 4: You get any kind of a buzz sensation?
Speaker 2: Well it has.
Speaker 3: It has Lions Main, which is actually good for your brain, has resheet and wait a minute, what's lion Lions lines a mushroom, A mushroom.
Speaker 2: But what's it good for your brain? Oh but your brain. I need some of that for sure.
Speaker 3: Anyhow, Uh, mocktails. Mocktails is another term, and it's on the rise big time, especially for younger people. They think all the alcohol a us gen extra drink is stupid, and they're probably right. This one is called Breeze. It's b R easy but with a long E. Yeah, and the flavor is lemon elder flower. It says a functional beverage I don't see doesn't have like a good adaptogens and botanicals and a can lions main cocoa, black seed oil and eline waiting.
Speaker 1: Say one thing about old j. B. He'll try anything. He's very open, very open to.
Speaker 2: Lions.
Speaker 1: Make sure I'll take some lions may elder.
Speaker 2: That's true my brain.
Speaker 3: This one, the can got a little dent it. It's called Moment And this is aptogens and botanicals, and it says, drink your meditation.
Speaker 4: They're making it healthy for you, whereas yes, alcohol one of the most un healthy things. They're they're making you feel like you're doing it, but also making you healthy when you do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This one has mango ginger lime, elfianine, ashwaganda, chili pepper.
Speaker 2: Extract one of the big supplements.
Speaker 3: I have a couple, Yeah, I have a couple that are that are beers with lions main that I ordered.
Speaker 2: Uh, this one is called Recess.
Speaker 3: Okay, strawberry rose, magnesium and adaption and adaptogen infuse sparkling water.
Speaker 2: What are you like in mocktail of the month?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Like they.
Speaker 3: I went on line over the weekend and just ordered like four or five to try.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna give some to my daughter and get some feedback and I was going to try him. Let's see, we canned a feeling here at Recess a sparkling water to brighten your day with magnesium, adaptogens and real fruit for you and you are on your best days.
Speaker 1: The timing for this, this this line of drinks is really good right now because because we're finding out more and more all the all the bad stuff in foods, you know, and people are just way more conscious of what they're eating than what they're and what they're drinking.
Speaker 2: Oh tell me right, So yeah, the timing's good for this. They're gonna do all right. So it's just an interesting thing.
Speaker 3: And it's like you know, even if I cut back so and just grab one or two of these and yeah, and you know, and my my daughter's trying to you know, she said that that's a tough age being twenty three. You know, you're just like, you know what I mean, because, yeah, the percentage of your friends that are really getting going career wise is pretty small. They're still in party mode quite a bit. Yeah, and so it's just it's a challenging age. Some are starting to take off and some are just stuck.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a good way of putting it. Some are just stuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so you know, I've tell them this much alcohol aint gonna unstuck. Yet, No, it's not exactly not stuck.
Speaker 2: That's very true. It's very true. Anyhow, I bought a few of these. Three of them. I have not tried two I have, and I like and it's like why not? Why not?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, those things kind of that the craft, like the the beers that are not beers, the non alcoholic beers and stuff. Those scare me because I quit drinking over nine years ago, and I'm just afraid if I start drinking those, it's a slippery slope if it tastes.
Speaker 3: Too much like something that did have. I'm kind of with you on that. I don't understand that, but I haven't been the proof through the process like you have.
Speaker 2: But I know a lot of people.
Speaker 3: You know, again, the non alcoholic beer, they'll just grab one of those and they're just totally content.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's pretty impressive. I love the taste of beer, that's for sure. I'm not going to go down that right, just why.
Speaker 4: And some of them re really do taste like real beer.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm kind of very similarly. I always said, if you're a vegetarian, don't go buy things that are fake meat.
Speaker 4: Just be a vegetarian, right, right, kind of thing doesn't make sense, right, Why.
Speaker 3: Do I want to eat a fake meat? If I've given it up, I don't need that.
Speaker 1: It's not a hot dog, Stop calling it a hot dog?
Speaker 2: Right, Just go without right. If you're giving it up, go without right. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: Well, those are cool, and let's we'll post the names of these on our social media so if you want to check them out and.
Speaker 3: I can report back, you know, maybe a week or two on some of these.
Speaker 1: Don't do don't have the one that numbs your lips while we're doing the show.
Speaker 2: It doesn't give you that much of a buzz.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know in this one, this one too, this Little Saints. Yeah, they they make a version of it that's it looks like a vodka bottle.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You just pour it on ice and it tastes like a It tastes like a cocktail.
Speaker 1: You just made me think if they made a non alcoholic vodka that tasted like vodka, no one would drink it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, right right. It's not a taste that people are seeking out exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Yes, someone who drinks straight vodka vodka and I should kind of go hmm. Animals, animals do that all different lover right? Yeah, what are you Russian? Really? Stay with us.
Speaker 1: We've got more coming up on Austin Davy Station one o three point one and streaming on iHeartRadio app. Look, I don't know if any of you guys have plans to go to Hippie Hollow, but if you do, you need a little heads up, all right about something that's been reported recently at Hippie Hollow. I want tell you about it in just a second. It's the Jam and Sandy Show. Make sure you're joining us tomorrow from seven until eight o'clock. Grab the podcast version of the show. Uh, just search Jam and Sandy on the iHeartRadio app. So, Hippie Hollow has been around forever. For those of you that don't know, it's it's a clothing optional spot on Lake Travis. It's out by the oasis. Just it is not a beach, no, which you might think before you get there. It's a cliff side hangout yeah, on the rocks.
Speaker 2: Right, And you can be naked if you want.
Speaker 1: You don't have to be naked if you feel weird if you're not naked at Hippie Hollow. But apparently there's been reports of people filming not cool, it's so uncool, not cool.
Speaker 2: From the boat or on land in the park. In the park, okay, not cool.
Speaker 1: And they're taking the position is that it's not illegal to video on on public property place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just a jerk move, right.
Speaker 3: Because you know, technically you can still be top us at Barton Springs even.
Speaker 2: You can be accomplished anywhere in Austin. That's true.
Speaker 3: It's just like don't don't yeah, her perven ruin it right, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: It's creepy, You're not if they're like, but I can film anywhere. Well, were you filming when you were getting guys at the seven eleven? No, you're just filming at the naked place.
Speaker 2: Exactly. Not cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know why someone would do that and wear those videos and up who knows, you know, But that's just a jerk movie.
Speaker 2: It just kills the vibe of what it is.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a you know what I mean, Yeah, there's understood rules at certain places.
Speaker 3: Funny would it be if all those naked people just pummeled them and beat the crew?
Speaker 4: I remember that being introduced to Hippie Hollow as a middle schooler from the from the boat my friend Lisa, her parents had a boat and we went out on it and as we came around right down there under the oasis, her mom and dad were like, all right, because my friend Lisa, she was like, Lee, Tricia, the naked people are there. I was like what, and her mom and dad were like, it's hippie Hollow. People can be naked there. We do not look, but we're going to drive you by one time. Everybody's going to see it one time, right, ye. But it was very The rules are very clear. You do not stare, You do not stop and park your boat in front of Hippie Hollow, and that includes you.
Speaker 3: In front of hippie hollow if you you're naked too. Sure, yeah, I think there's some of that right, Sure.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we got to be cool about it.
Speaker 1: But the rule, the unwritten rule on like Travis, is you get one drive by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: You get one drive by, and then after that you're creepy. They're just they're just weird.
Speaker 4: How do we find out about this? Does somebody publish him? Does somebody bust the guys videoing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just read about it online, but there was someone and someone can from Apparently the park rangers do a do their job and confront the person let's doing it. Have you, either one of you ever been naked and hippie Hollow? No anything, Never been there. I've only been. I've been on a boat out there by it. And like you said, you don't hang out.
Speaker 3: You just usually are showing someone visiting, like, yeah, we have a new that was always like one of the cool hippie things about Austin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have never understood the rules, like do you walk in naked.
Speaker 2: Or do you get naked?
Speaker 1: You find a spot and put your towel down and then you take your clothes off. How far away should you be from other people? It's like, yeah, it's like the dance floor. Do you dance your way out or do you go to the center of the dance floor? And then both are weird?
Speaker 3: Never ever thought about that, are very strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an awkward moment, isn't it. How do I do that country dancing? You just walk out there, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You walk on the side. You mean, you're not going to get out there with people already doing it. You and your partner walk out there kind of on the edge and the side. Do you just kind of merge in but freestyle freestyle?
Speaker 1: Know?
Speaker 2: But if freestyling, that's a great question. I'd never thought of that, JB, Like, do you walk through the other free styling?
Speaker 3: The country country dancing is different because it's on the perimeter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Do you merge in like there's a roundabout?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm talking general nightclub at the club.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's very funny. Sticker out more. Wait, how popular is it's still? Well?
Speaker 3: Is it as popular as ever? I don't know. Yeah, you have more friends out in the Lake Travis area. It's probably just as popular as ever, right, more so with just the boom and population. There's just more, more and more people.
Speaker 2: I just found the rules.
Speaker 4: You must have clothes on until you are inside the park.
Speaker 2: She can't just jump out of your truck. Yeah, nake, It can't be dirty. You can't just robe on six twenty. No, you can't drive their naked on a motorcycle.
Speaker 4: Right, can't take photographs or video unless you ask bef forehand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The animals not allowed. Alcohol not allowed. What about animals if you shaved them? The animals are naked too.
Speaker 1: And the tevas in the fanny pack always look funny.
Speaker 2: They encourage you to wear some type of foot protection. Yeah, it just looks weird.
Speaker 4: I know you've just killed the whole naked vibe by putting your tevas on in your fanny pack.
Speaker 1: Right, and you stand there talking to another right hand on your hip, just talking another dad.
Speaker 2: It's strange. Stay with us.
Speaker 1: More coming up on Austin' Davies station, one of three point one streaming on iHeartRadio app