Speaker 1: It's never too late to download that iHeartRadio app. It's free.
Speaker 2: We post our show on there after too, So you've missed anything or missed anything from the past, you want to grab it, you can. We also like to use that function to give away, you know, some stuff, you know, whether it be Christina's giving away MAVs tickets tonight, be listening around six point fifty for that. We're gonna give away some rock tickets though. Man, this band Volbeat pretty bad ass because they're calling their tour the greatest of all tours and.
Speaker 1: That's some tenacious the energy that I like.
Speaker 2: Special guest hell Storm in the Ghost Inside that's going to be at the pavilion at Twyota Music Factory on July twenty eighth. Be the fifth person to leave a voicemail on the iHeartRadio talkback feature. It's the red microphone. Leave your name, your number, your email, your birthday, right name number, email.
Speaker 3: Name, number, and emails number.
Speaker 1: Email is good, right y the fifth one? All right?
Speaker 2: If you're number five, you'll get a pair of tickets to see Volbeat July twenty eighth at the Toyota Music Factory.
Speaker 1: Out there intererving right now, time for.
Speaker 2: This use hot God ever stay on top in the wood shovel. Okay weekend box office, coming in at number five. Paddington and Peru no Way tied at number five.
Speaker 1: The Monkey, what's that? It's a move about a monkey?
Speaker 3: I figured that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know you've got some listeners have seen it, you know, when twin brothers Bill and Howe find their father's old monkey toy in the attic A series of gruesome death start.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's based on a Oh God, it's a based on a book.
Speaker 1: It's the monkey with the symbols and he starts killing people. I'm banging them together on.
Speaker 3: Their head something like that. But a Stephen King book, I believe.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah that would make sense. Yeah. Third was a something called Last Breath to Captain America Brave New World, in which Harrison board is the Red Hulk.
Speaker 3: God, why are they still making this stuff?
Speaker 2: Well, Harrison bord in everything, He's amazing. Number one and only nineteen million dollars. The movie Mickey seventeen. Have you guys heard anything about Mickey seventeen?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: This is the Robert Pattinson movie, right.
Speaker 1: Robert Pattinson is the star.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes.
Speaker 2: This movie is the first big movie done by the guy who did Parasite. What's it called, Mickey seventeen. Did y'all see Parasite?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great movie. It's been a long time, but yes, I did see Parasite.
Speaker 2: It's probably my favorite movie the last ten years. I loved it so much. But this movie is a little different. Mickey seventeen. You have this They're going to try to colonize an ice planet. Humans are okay, and Mark Ruffalo would be your leader of this colony. And do you have these people who sign up to go to the ice planet, just like could happen on Mars. And we've been talking about this a little bit, right Elon tried to Fred and go to Mars. So Robert Pattinson's character his best friend Glenn from The Walking Dead, by the way, you guys, i'll know him. He plays a real a hole in this movie. Mickey seventeen is so fun and I want everyone to see it. And I don't think people are talking about it much because I think theaters are down right now and things like that. It's a blast and you guys have to see it. So his job, Mickey seventeen's and the reason he's seventeen is they have the technology to print human bodies after you die.
Speaker 1: So he dies.
Speaker 2: But his job he signed up to be he didn't have a lot going for him in life isn't expendable. And what that means is I can do some research and take on some of these tough tacks. I die as long as you print me back out, he still remembers. They keep his memory on a big hard drive, and you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Out a big deal.
Speaker 2: He just comes out again and says, there's Mickey sixteen, and then Mickey seventeen. Now Mickey seventeen ends a falling in love with the gal in there. And I'm not gonna give away too much, but something bad does happen, and they find some creatures on this ice planet, and they assume that he gets eaten by these creatures, but the creatures don't eat him.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually save him. Oh meanwhile rob him.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, meanwhile, back at the back at the plant, they reprint him.
Speaker 1: They've already reprinted.
Speaker 2: Micky eighteen is hooking up with his girlfriend. She well, she doesn't know, she's you know, he's acting like normal.
Speaker 1: It's very fun and it's insane.
Speaker 4: Do they get Do they keep their memory like that?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Would Mickey eighteen know that Mickey seventeen didn't die or he would just go back to Mickey sixteen's last week.
Speaker 1: You know what, It's kind of hard to tell. I think you could kind of tell.
Speaker 2: That that he would know, okay, although he acts It's it's funny because the personality type can kind of change based on the situation they're being born into.
Speaker 1: You know as well. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Robert Pattins is going a weird accent that I think people were going to talk about a lot.
Speaker 5: I wanted to ask you about that because the preview that was the one thing that stuck with me.
Speaker 3: It looked fun. But he had this weird accent.
Speaker 1: It's very strange.
Speaker 4: You did not give America's dad a pass on Elvis Well.
Speaker 1: Tom Parker, Yeah, and so are you?
Speaker 4: Are you willing to look the other way on this accent?
Speaker 2: I think I am, because it didn't take away from the story as Tom Cruise. Tom Hanks did got Tom Cruise in an accent. Also, they had the trailer for the F one movie starring Brad Pitta. Here's how they Here's the dialogue that they had for that trailer. Yeah, there's like notes speaking, it's like cars driving, Queen's playing, and then it ends with F one Brad Pitt, that's it.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's all They're going to market this with. Might be smart.
Speaker 3: I've just survived, just dropped Friday. I believe.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bit, I recommend Mickey seventeen. Everyone should just give it a shot. And it's so weird and fun. Okay, Christina, Yes, speaking of weird and fun, the most weird and fun TV show right now might be Severance.
Speaker 1: Now been and hore caught up right? Yeah, I've been after here.
Speaker 2: We're in season two episode ay, crushing it with all the conspiracies and Easter eggs, feeling like we're ahead of everyone.
Speaker 1: Honestly, but you finished season one this weekend.
Speaker 5: I crushed crushed season one. It really doesn't take you that long. If you watch like what one episode to night. There's only nine in season one. And so I texted you guys, was that Saturday? Because it was old, rainy and gross outside anyway, So we just stayed in and we finished Severance and oh my god, So I don't know how you guys had to wait what three years after that ending because once I saw it, I like, you seriously say, oh my god out loud, like, no way, that's how it ends. You just cut it right there? Are you kidding me? I would have been pissed. But I will say this, so I basically immediately started season two. Hey, and it is a complete one eighty from that ender, you know, And that's when you have to realize, like, Okay, they have to do the kind of recap for people. It's been three years. You got to get through the recap and everything. But I will say I am obsessed with it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: I wake up thinking about it, and I can't wait to watch the next episode. So I am on episode three of season two.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah, how many.
Speaker 2: There's ten and season two sow two left? Ok yeah, okay, and they're going to keep it the series going after this, right, I believe? So all right, this is one of those shows.
Speaker 4: And man, I am so disappointed in myself because I waited so long. I mean, we all had to wait so long to get from season one to season two. And I first watched the first episode of season two and it didn't grab me. And the reason is I couldn't remember what had happened. So I went back and watched a recap video and I was like, oh yeah, and then went and watched it and I was like, oh my god. And it's gotten better and better and better and better, and I think it may be one of the greatest shows in the history of mankind. I think it's in the discussion. It's so complex, and you have to go if you really want to catch every Easter egg, you really got to go back and watch all these videos to understand what is even happening.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of crap going on that you didn't even think about it and go, oh yeah, I remember that part of the episode. That's what that meant. And it's kind of a fun, fun part of it. If you want, I want to put the effort into doing the scavenger hunt, I need to ask you guys about all the Easter eggs. So I did notice one thing.
Speaker 5: I don't know if y'all know this at all, but in his apartment, in Mark S's apartment, he's got a red and blue fish. Does that mean anything at all?
Speaker 2: Could be the like the red blue like severance. Basically, you're iny and outyman, It's just might just be symbolism, kid, it was a matrix. It could be a matrix, red pill, blue pill. Yeah, but there have been so many of those things. I can't even keep them straight in my head.
Speaker 4: There's so many videos, there's so many Easter eggs, There's so much thought that goes into each and every detail of this show.
Speaker 1: Man, it is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: You don't even know who's a good guy or a bad guy, her good gal or bad girl right now.
Speaker 5: That's exactly so. Mike started season two with me. He rewatched the whole first season, and then I cannot stand Patricia Arqatt's character, the Boss Lady mis Cobel. Cannot stand her. I hate her so much. And Mike was like, watch, she's gonna be a good guy this season. I'm like, I hope to God not, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not eve gonna look at you guys. I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very interesting.
Speaker 3: I cannot stand her.
Speaker 2: So severance Apple TV. If you haven't conon, you know, we're just a couple of recommendations. Mickey seventeen and seven. You have some weird stuff, you know, and then go to the water cooler at work and beat everyone down with your theories.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 4: You should go watch these things? Is Mickey seventeen? For me to see that, I gotta go to the theater.
Speaker 2: I would think so, yes, which I'm told way better and uh, you know, of course.
Speaker 1: It's way better.
Speaker 4: Everything's better.
Speaker 2: But yeah, forty X or whatever they're saying, this is one that you should watch that way because it's it's pretty badass.
Speaker 1: Okay, hell yeah, I'm in awesome.
Speaker 4: Thank you, two great reviews. All right, Coming up next and around the sports KT are the Cowboys doing anything?
Speaker 2: I think Jerry just woke up from his nap, so we'll see if they're gonna spend some money.
Speaker 1: All right, that's coming up next and around the Sports