Speaker 1: My Billy Conning in the Great American Welcome this Wednesday afternoon. In the Tri States, Reds baseball continues on Friday in New York. That's six games on the road, then back home, three games out of the wild Card. There's hope and you having looked pretty good last night with a scoreless inning. I don't know how the National League lost a six to nothing lead, came to six to six, then one and no team and a home run derby. Kind of a stupid way in a baseball game, but it was somewhat exciting.
Speaker 2: But until then, as you may know.
Speaker 1: If you've listened to me for a long time, for a short period of time, I think the city of Cincinnati ought to be the heart that beats the try state. You may live in Boone County or Butler County, or you may live in Green County, but the city of Cincinnati ought to be the shining city on the hill that demonstrates good governance by the party in charge. And I think there's particularly a high bar when there's only a one party government to make sure the leaders of that party put up only the best in the bridest to be the leaders of the city. Because let's face it, it's damn near impossible for a Republican or maybe even a charter right to win city council seats. So it's incumbent upon the Democratic Party to make sure that the best in the bridest they have take office, which I don't think is always the case. And we cannot be a great region unless we have a great city. Because part of your body may be in great shape, but of the heart is malfunctioning. That's a difficulty. And Linda Matthews is a lifelong Cincinnatian. She is a trustee at Central State University. She's also the first vice president. She's kind of like the Michael and Micah Pence, the first vice president of the North Avondale Neighborhood Association. And she's a lifelong Republican and they selected her to lead parts of Avondale. And Linda Matthews, welcome, I think for the first time to the Bill Cunningham Show. So what has besieged you to leave your good private life to seek a city council seat? Why are you running for city council in the city of Cincinnati. And many consider, like Tony Bender, not to be a fool's Errand why are you doing it well?
Speaker 3: Bill? There are like you said, thank you for having me on your show.
Speaker 4: Like you said, there is ran by one party.
Speaker 3: And I believe that we should have more than that voice on our city council.
Speaker 4: And I want to be that voice.
Speaker 3: There's nine city council members that are Democrat with a mayor, and we see the results of that.
Speaker 4: So I decided I'm going to run.
Speaker 3: I'm going to run because I want to be the voice, the conservative Republican voice that bring our policies and our values to city council.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me, just stepping back way of different life experiences, I was a Democrat for many years. I ran for state represent Democrat. I worked in the Democratic administrations of Dick Celeste and Anthony Celebrezzi and William J. Brown. The light went on in my head of the nineteen eighties with Ronald.
Speaker 2: Reagan, etc.
Speaker 1: But why are you a Republican when about ninety five percent of black women are Democrats.
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: Well, the Republican Party. I believe in their values and I believe that.
Speaker 3: Everything about the Republican Party represents what I believe and the values that I grew up with. And that's why I am a Republican, and I'm going to stay a Republican.
Speaker 2: Not going to change anytime soon.
Speaker 4: Not going to change anytime soon.
Speaker 1: THEND the Matthews, and what is wrong with the City of Cincinnati's governance.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things right.
Speaker 1: I think about TQL, think about the REGs, the Bengals, think about Downtown Council. I think about Steve Leeper. I think about Fifth Third Bank. I think about Joseph Automotive. I think about Western and Southern. I think about the Hospital District. I think about Xavier. And you see a lot of things, right, But what's wrong with the governance of city Council.
Speaker 3: Well, right now we have murder in mayhem and public a public safety problem, and I'm recommending with that that we aggressively.
Speaker 4: High train and retain top pier law.
Speaker 3: Enforcement professionals by expanding our recruitment nationwide to restore a Cincinnati police force to the levels needed for community safety.
Speaker 4: We've had a lot of murder, a lot of mayhem that's been going on in our city.
Speaker 3: And if we don't have regardless of what we built and give to the community, if it's not safe, no one's coming.
Speaker 2: Is there a sense that safety.
Speaker 1: When the mayor held a news conference well share along about a week or ten days ago, they dislocated their shoulders, patting themselves on the back about a great job they've done with law enforcement and crime reduction, like three percent here, two percent there in Avondale or in Cincinnati. Is that a real statement that crime is down in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Do you accept that?
Speaker 3: No, I don't. Crime is down. Is not down in Cincinnati. Right here in Avondale, we had a fourteen.
Speaker 4: Year old that was killed.
Speaker 3: So no, crime is up, and we need to do something about it. We need to enforce this youth, our youth curve few laws to reduce this youth violence and to keep our streets safer for all the residents. Right now, you can't go downtown and over the Rhine because you know, there's problems down there. You can't go on the banks. There's problems down there, and we need to the City of Cincinnati and City Council need to enforce our youth curfew and to keep our communities and our residence safe.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And that question has been asked of the Chief of Police, Teresa Thiji and others. They're saying, yes, there is a curfew for those under the age of eighteen. Yes, it's not being upheld, it's not being ticketed, not being arrested, because it wouldn't work. Then my comment would be, why have laws that you're don't enforce. Why have the because it shows disrespect for law enforcement And so a coup will tell you, well, there might be one hundred kids or two hundred kids on the banks on a weekend night, running around the banks. We don't have the facilities to arrest their ticket one to two hundred kids that are breaking the law. What would Linda Matthew say about that?
Speaker 3: I would create those facilities because we have to hold people accountable for.
Speaker 4: Their behavior and we have to you know, with our youth. We can get our youth.
Speaker 3: Send them to a facility and have their parents come pick them up, and do something with those parents, because every parent needs to be responsible for their children when they're under eighteen. No child should be out in the streets of Cincinnati after the curfew. No fourteen year old, fifteen year old, thirteen year old, twelve year old should be outside causing mayhem after the curfew. And so we just need to do better with our children. We need to do better, and the city needs to really step up and enforce the curfew. And then I would, you know, and then you know, have a center where the children can be processed and tented over to their parents, and.
Speaker 2: I would think of that.
Speaker 1: If that happened two or three times for each child, the message would be sent, you can't do this.
Speaker 2: Something is different. I think that would be the message.
Speaker 3: Correct, that's right, we have to do something different. If it's not working, then hey, switch up and do something different.
Speaker 4: I think this is the way to do it.
Speaker 1: This isn't directly your Bailey Wick, but indirectly it is. There's a perception that the school district in Cincinnati CPS is in complete collapse. The results of all the standardized testing is well below grade level. There's a behavioral problem. Twenty twenty five percent don't show up any day twenty about forty percent, maybe it's fifty percent of young black males are chronically absent from school, which is an incredible number. There's little or no education actually occurring in CPS. It's available, the educator's care, the teachers care, the system cares, but the children show up not prepared to learn and having lived in Cincinnati almost your entire life as a trustee of Central State University. Do you have some comment on what's happening in CPS and how that could be improved.
Speaker 3: Well, everything you said is correct, but I think we need to switch up in how we educate our children. Some children are not going to college, so why don't we partnership with trades and university and tech.
Speaker 4: Firms too, because this is what they do.
Speaker 3: Children are into technology. Everybody's on their cell phone. Why don't we partner with the trades and bring the trades back to the schools. Start in the seventh grade. Let the children put their hands to something and learn a skill, and then they might be more interested in come into school. Because I believe in still education. We would partner with the trades and really help these children and they would be more interested in their education, and then they would come out with a skill, a skill that's demanded right now in our marketplace to do some real things different.
Speaker 1: We can't keep doing the same thing anticipating a different result, and the curfew laws are not being upheld. Another law is, of course, your kid cannot be chronically absent from school. If half the black boys in Cincinnati are chronically absent. That is a parental difficulty. And so would you hold parents accountable if their kids are completely true and for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. It's not some other way to send the message. We can't continue to do the same thing.
Speaker 3: I most certainly would the parents have to be engaged in their children's education and all for them to be successful in life.
Speaker 4: So the parents, they do have to be accountable.
Speaker 3: And we can have children absent all the time and expects for them to be a success in life. And so I would, yes, I would go along with that we hold these parents accountable and get them more engaged into their children's education.
Speaker 1: Linda Matthews, I'm going to ask you a philosophical question. In fact, this is the big question. Are you prepared for the big question? I'm prepared For many years, going back to maybe sixteen nineteen, certainly going back into the seventeen hundreds, there were large numbers about twelve to thirteen million slaves imported into this country from Africa. It happened because African war lords and African chieftains would put in cages African men, women and children on the shoreline and wait for a ship to come in and then they would sell their own brothers, sisters, and cousins and nephews and nieces, their own to the Portuguese, to the Arabs, to a little bit of the English, mainly to the Spanish, and others to be imported all around the world. About five six of the slaves did not come to the United States. They went to South America and the Central America. And from that point on, when political parties formed in the eighteen twenties and thirties, the Democratic Party was hated by African Americans because they hated the idea.
Speaker 2: That is the.
Speaker 1: Party that enslaved my mother, my father, that's the party that beat my father to death. The Democratic parties the party that raped my mother. And I hate the Democratic Party. And then it got so bad in the Confederacy that we went the war. Six hundred thousand Americans were killed when the South were all Democrats wanted to keep slavery in other institutions that was against federal law, and we want the war and won the war in eighteen sixty five. About twelve years later, the Democrats in the South said, if you don't leave the South, federal troops we're not going to put we're not going to vote for the rutherfert B. Hayes in eighteen seventy six, so Hayes gets elected, he throws all the federal troops out of the South. That gave rise to the Ku Klux Klan, in which they murdered thousands of African Americans, murdered, lynched them without trial, beat the men, ape the women, and the Democrats did that for the next several decades. So the Democratic Party then had no allegiance whatsoever to the Republican Party. In fact, I'm sorry to the Democratic Party. They were Republicans. And because they were Republicans, the Democrats in the South had poll taxes. They wouldn't let any of the blacks vote in the South because they were going to vote Republican. And then we come up to the nineteen thirties and forties. FDR said in World War two, blocks can't serve in the military. We won't let you put on the uniform. The Tuskegee Institute arose, They had the pilots, but enlarged the discrimination. The vicious discrimination by Democrats against the African Americans continued. In fact, the African Americans voted ninety percent for Republicans, and then nineteen sixty four to sixty five, the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act only passed because Republicans in the Senate overrode the filibuster of who the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party has an awful history with African Americans, and now to that, the same Democratic Party is sanctuary City, sanctuary states.
Speaker 2: They're ignoring federal law again.
Speaker 1: So I asked you the big question, Hell in the hell with that history, can any black person be a Democrat?
Speaker 2: Can you answer that question?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 3: I asked my friends that who are Democrats all the time.
Speaker 4: With the history you just described? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it's a mental a mental thing that they're attached to the Democratic Party even though we know the Democratic Party has never been our friend. And so that's a big question.
Speaker 4: I can't, I know, suygure out why.
Speaker 3: They keep voting Democrats that I left the Democratic Party a long time ago. So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I really have asked.
Speaker 3: A lot of people and they can't answer it themselves. And I think it's just maybe ingrained in them at a very young age and they have not come out of it. Are done the research to know who they're with and what they're voting for. Is they're voting with their for their own demd Well, No, that's why I'm not a Democrat.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like the Stockholm syndrome in which captives take on the roles of the goals of their cap doors. And when I look at the results of the Democratic Party in the city of Cincinnati, the city of Dayton, the city.
Speaker 2: Of New York, or Chicago, look.
Speaker 1: At that history, say the last fifty years, promise has made, promises not kept. In fact, our current mayor, after purival off the pages of GQ magazine, said number one priority is public safety. How's he done with public safety?
Speaker 2: That's his top priority.
Speaker 3: He hasn't done very well with public safety. I mean, like I said, they're not you know, everything that's happening with these young people, and he has not even enforced what we need, and that is the curfew. We need to enforce this. So, in my opinion, I don't think he's done a very good job with safety. Well, he says, so police department is doing a wonderful job, but he's.
Speaker 1: Not doing a very good job, you know, Linda Matthews, it's underfunded by two hundred and fifty cops. If we had two hundred and fifty more police officers and we enforce the law, like smoking marijuana in public, or enforcing curfew laws, or enforcing truancy laws, maybe things would be different.
Speaker 2: And I look forward.
Speaker 1: To the day that there's multiplicity of viewpoints on city Council, a few Democrats, of course, a few Republicans, of course, and a few charter rights to change the course of the city. If that doesn't happen, we can't be a vibrant region with a heart and soul of the city of Cincinnati and collapse where more than two thousand cars are stolen every year, there's about six to seven thousand break ins of cars every year. We're gonna have about four to five hundred people shot, and the great majority African Americans. We're going to have seventy to ninety murdered, the great majority African Americans. And we can't continue on this route because, as the mayor says, it's it's unacceptable. And I would ask f Ted Pirival, what's an acceptable level of black deaths?
Speaker 2: What acceptable level is there?
Speaker 1: And there shouldn't be any acceptable level level, but Linda Matthews, we got to go what is your website? Because I know Tony Bender and others are like to contribute to you. So what is your website?
Speaker 3: Vote Lyndamatthews dot com for any information to read about my platform and to do donations or if you want to volunteer, It's all there on my website.
Speaker 4: Votelyndamatthews dot com.
Speaker 2: Sounds great to me.
Speaker 1: A trustee of Central State University, a vice president of North Avenue Community Council, et cetera. Been at it for a long time. The truth will set you free. And I fear that many blocks in our city are still enslaved with the idea that the Democratic Party is the only party for them. Well, that's the party that's brutalized them for the past two hundred years. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Totally agree with you. I totally agree with you.
Speaker 3: And you know what, my voice is going to be very loud, and hopefully I can get people to wake up and see what the Democratic.
Speaker 4: Party has done to our community. So that's my.
Speaker 3: Goal, and I'm going to be a voice for our fifty two communities and I'm going to bring those Republican values and our politics.
Speaker 4: God for to it.
Speaker 3: They remember to vote me, vote for me on November the fourth.
Speaker 1: Well, I endorse you. That may help or hurt you. I'm not sure which, but I will endorse Linda Matthews for Cincinnati City Council. And Linda, once again, God bless you, God bless America, and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 3: Linda Matthews, Thanks well, Bill, thank you, thank you for having me on your show.
Speaker 4: And I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: God bless you, I hope. So let's continue.
Speaker 1: The line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred. Wow, Billy Cunningham, the Great American. This should be a great social engineering study, maybe by Thomas Moore, Nku the home of Pello, maybe Xavi, You're my home. And God bless the new president we have. She's doing a much better job than the last president. Or you see or Miami. Someone's got to do it. And that is what is happening with politics in the world today. Now you can argue that each political party have their own stars and devils in each group. Absolutely extreme rightis extreme leftists, absolutely, But the heart and soul of politics, how to be promises made and promises delivered.
Speaker 2: Policy.
Speaker 1: You may disagree, as I'm sure about half the American people do, with what Donald Trump is doing as president, but God bless him, he's doing exactly what he said he was going to do.
Speaker 2: He didn't hide it.
Speaker 1: In fact, he held another forty five minutes to an hour news conference. The guy loves the news media. He'll speak constantly. Well, the last guy couldn't speak at all because there was no there there. He was mentally unbalanced, didn't have a president for four years, and the policymakers around him, or the most progressive leftists in the country ran the presidency unbeknowns to the president and unbeknownst to you and I. If you listen to Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, and me, you understand that we reported on this constantly, but the mainstream media completely ignored it. In fact that they still ignore it. It doesn't fit their bias, doesn't fit the biases of NPR or VXU or GUC, doesn't fit their bias, the left wing bias. Therefore it's not news. They don't trust you being able to handle the truth. Well, I do handle the truth, and I think many Democrats can handle the truth.
Speaker 2: There ought to be a.
Speaker 1: Study conducted, maybe by Ohio State, that says, how in the world does one political party own the heart and soul of African Americans, especially black females. I think ninety five percent voted for Kamala Harris and ninety five percent voted for Joe Biden, and ninety five percent voted for Barack Husein Obama and Joe Biden. Ninety five percent voted for John Carey, and ninety five percent voted for Democrats up and down the line, when you have a really good Republican in city Council, like a Liz Keating as a moderate Republican who has the best interests of the city at heart, who ran a campaign that was all about bringing the city together. She wasn't an ideologue, and she wasn't a person that would fit in the Mega movement at all. But she didn't even get close to winning her own seat back on council because she had an R next to her name, Lynda Matthews. God bless her has looked at this thing objectively and said, how in the world are we continuing to be adherence to the Democratic Party when they have no results that are discernible that we can identify. In fact, they give us the opposite. Historically, it's been a terrible party, an awful party for black folks, beginning in sixteen nineteen all the way through twenty twenty five, through July fifteenth and twenty twenty five, it's awful. The worst places in America to live are controlled by the Democratic Party. The corruption, the homelessness, the drug use, the dysfunction to fund the police. You have shoot up sites for drugs, free needles, and you have homeless problems through the roof of crime, the bocherous misbehavior, no family formation, just just pick the one. And you're thinking, how in the world can someone with half a brain keep voting for things that are injurious to me personally and to my family. And a lot of it has to do with the fact that if you're in the city of Cincinnati, you're paid to be a Democrat. By that, I mean there's millions and millions of dollars handed out to people like iris Roli to walk around city streets asking what the needs are and how we can fulfill the needs. Millions of dollars to there's about ten or fifteen thousand dollars in the budget for teaching hip hop dancing, you got basketball afternoon in the evening, You've got swimming pools that are open, and uh. You look at this and saying, well, do those policies work? Well, the answer is no, it doesn't work. So Linda Matthews is like a tenfold beaten in the beacon in the night say no, wait a minute. I don't think the Democratic Party has delivered on any of its promises.
Speaker 2: In fact, just the opposite. How does this keep going on?
Speaker 1: Which is why the Trumpster in twenty twenty and twenty sixteen and twenty twenty four at metastasized at the highest percentage of black mail vote since the days of Richard Nixon back in nineteen sixty. So it's been a long time, but about twenty five percent of black mails, people like Christopher Smitherman and Lincoln b Ware black mails voted for Donald Trump because they are saying, you know what, we can't take it anymore, and they're saying, what you get, what have you done? Work to the Democratic policies of social dependency lows these schools, funding homelessness, defunding the police. Does that stuff work in Atlanta. Does it work in Washington, d C? How about San Francisco or la or Chicago or Memphis or Cincinnati, just name the city.
Speaker 2: The answer is no, it doesn't work.
Speaker 1: So when you promise abortion on demand through birth, and there's more black babies aboard at New York City than black babies that are born when you have open borders, Cincinnati, like every major American city, is a sanctuary city, which means we ignore federal law. And there's about seventeen sanctuary states in which the states in the cities welcome in illegal immigrants. The great bulk of whom, by the way, are not criminals. The great bulk of whom are like the emon from Coryville or the student nineteen year old who is a guess he's been deported back to Nicaragua. The great majority come here because there's a magnet drawing them here. Now there's a chunk of that number, maybe ten to twenty percent, or a large disproportioned impact that are gang bangers, MS thirteen, the Cineloa drug cartel, etc. Because the door's wide open, and damn it, this is a big market for fentanyl and heroin and for sexual human trafficking. This is a big market.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We're four percent of the world's population, but we have twenty five percent of the world's economic activity. The gross national product of America is twenty five percent of the total, and we're four percent of the population. So if you're a criminal alien of any type, you want to come to America from Canada, from Mexico on boat, through the air, just get here and get to a sanctuary city, sanctuary state, and you can survive and flourish. Great majority want to work and do things, But there's a chunk that simply view this is the hinterland of a criminal activity of every description, including breaking into homes like Joe Burrow's home done by a gang. Make the connections. I would urge Democratic voters and Cincinnati to make the connection between the kind of life that you're now leading on one hand, and the policies of the party in charge on the other, and say, wait a minute, this is what you have promised and this is what you delivered, and I can't be a Democrat.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 1: Open air drug use, ignoring criminal statutes such as in Cincinnati smoking marijuana in public, such as violating truancy laws and ignoring them completely, such as violating the curfew laws, ignoring them completely, open air drug use, and human trafficking.
Speaker 2: These are the policies of.
Speaker 1: The modern Democratic Party, and you see the results in every major American city. Raise your hand if you can name me a large American city controlled by the Democratic Party for fifty years that we have good schools, fully funded police departments, lots of jobs available for those who want to work, clean city streets, lack of riots, lack of debaucherous misbehavior, schools that produce graduates that have learned at the proper level.
Speaker 2: There's not one.
Speaker 1: And I do not believe, as a great American that America can long be a great nation when its large as twenty to twenty five cities or an economic, social, and educational collapse. Cincinnati is about thirty fourth on the list, and we're propped up artificially by TQL, by the Reds and the Bengals, by Fit Third Bank, by Steve Lieper, by Sean Donovan, by Joseph Automotive, by the corporations three c DC that kind of run the place a little bit. But when the sun goes down, it's like escape from New York and how long can we continue? I'm not sure. And when the mayor himself says, you know what, my number one goal is public safety and certain levels of violence is completely unacceptable. As if other levels of violence are acceptable, he says unacceptable, it's unacceptable. Well, if it's unacceptable, and he's a leader, why don't you, as a voter in the City of Cincinnati say, you know what, I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 2: Can't continue to continue to live like this.
Speaker 1: You got to Linda Matthews as a Republican Central State Trustee now Avondale Community Council vice president, who's going to come forward as a Republican put the R on the ballot and run and saying that there is a better way.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: The chief of police tells us that just in the city of.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati and Hamilty County, who's eight hundred thousand residents in the city three hundred thousand, my simple deer park matt tells me that sixty three percent of Hamlety County live outside the city of Cincinnati, almost two thirds. It's about one third two thirds. The one third which is the crime ridden. It's going to have about two thousand cars stolen this year, whether it's Ryan Hinton stealing cars or whether it's that boy, twelve year old boy shot in the back seat. I don't know if he was stealing the car, but he was with the group stealing the car then shot by that thirty one year old career criminal. Your life is thoroughly disrupted if there's two to three thousand cars every year stolen the city of Cincinnati, along with maybe as many as ten to twelve thousand car breakings in the city of Cincinnati, and the Mayor's responsible, he says, for the quality of life and enforcement of the law in the city of Cincinnati. He said, it's unacceptable. My number one job Ford Job one, he says, is law enforcement. How we looking hell not good, In fact, just the opposite. This is going to be about four hundred people wounded this year in the city of Cincinnati. Eighty to ninety will be murdered. And we're going to have this year, as far as we can tell, on the route that we're on, we're gonna have felonies committed in the range and the City of Cincinnati, not necessarily a charge, but felonies committed of about ten thousand felonies We're told by Fox nineteen and shot Spotter it's going to be about twenty thousand bullets flying around the city of Cincinnati every year.
Speaker 2: Shot Spotter says that twenty thousand, twenty.
Speaker 1: Thousand bullets, four hundred wounded, two thousand cars stolen, ten to twelve thousand car break ins, and uh individuals like Mordecai block walking around the streets of OTR with a butcher knife in his hand looking for someone to kill. And six times the city was notified six contacts between January and May and non responsive. And so when someone stands up like Alynda Matthewson says, as a Republican black female, choose me, I'll do this. Does she have a snow as chance in the hell of winning? If you think so, raise your hand. I agree. Likely not, because you've got to be a member of the tribe, you got to be a member of the klan, you got to be a Democrat to be elected in the city of Cincinnati. In fact, I'm told by Alex Trontefilu, the chair of the Republican Party, if you take the six largest cities in Ohio, there's not one Republican elected in any of those six cities as mayor or council members.
Speaker 5: None.
Speaker 1: It is something in the range of fifty six to zero, not one. In what shape are Ohio cities in? Not much different than the states around us. We're not quite Detroit or Chicago, but damn it, we're going to get there. And if the corporate types leave, then we'll get there in a hurry. Thank God for the Reds and Karen Craft and the Castellinis and pay Corse Stadium and soccer. Thank god for the pill Hill and all the jobs there, and thank god we got uc and with our President Hansick doing a great job. Thank god they're functioning Mount Saint Joe. Those are the pillars that hold us up. But in reality, there has to be an opportunity for the actual voters in the city of Cincinnati to say we can't live like this. I'm sorry, we simply can't keep doing that. So I have great respect for those who tilt against the windmills, trying to turn the windmills to create some earth. That says, you know what, I know, the odds are long. I'm not going to have a lot of money. List Keating, the last Republican on council and she lost easily, had hundreds of thousands of dollars to run television ads, and I doubt Linda Matthews does.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think she's going to say, look, I'm black, I'm female, I live in Avondale and we can't take it anymore.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: We've got to change, just one or two changes on city council, like as Steve Gooden would make a lot of sense to revive the Charter eight part and say, wait a minute, what has one party rule given us for the past fifty years. It's given us a GQ Man of the Month as the mayor and a completely incompetent city manager named Cheryl Long who's followed personal bankruptcy and has tax leans against her. And those are the ones in charge. It's all about smoking mirrors and not reality. So I have no doubt my words will fall upon barren ground. But damn it all go down fighting like a warrior poet for the idea that my city can do so much better.
Speaker 2: And now's your chance. This is July.
Speaker 1: Election starts in about three months early voting, and let's see if dutifully those victims of the Stockholm syndrome will line up at the Board of Elections in Norwood and click all nine ballots for the Democrats of the City of Cincinnati that has given us awful public schools, massive crime, increases, homelessness, open air drug use, ignoring the laws, abortion on demands, sanctuary cities, government dependency, and human trafficking happen in our city. And they're the ones that say elect us, keep us in power. We'll do more of the same. Ultimately we'll get the government we deserve, and often that concerns me greatly. Let's continue now after one o'clock today we'll be the Great Dave Lapham talking about his announcement. He's in the Ring of Honor along with Leap and Lamar Parish, and I pray to God that Bob Trumpet, the Great Number eighty four will be in before it's too late. Twelve fifty five Home of Your Reds playing Friday in New York on news Radio seven hundred ww.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 1: Billy cunning In the Great American will announced this morning about ten o'clock that Leaping, Lamar Parish and the Great Number sixty two Dave Lapham had been selected as the newest members of the Ring of honor, and it is Some think it's great when your own kind, those who know you best recognize what you have done. And really, Dave Lapham has been at the heart and soul of the Bengals since before Marty Brenneman came to Cincinnati. The beginning in nineteen seventy four, he was drafted by the Bengals and he's been connected with a franchise since then except for two years. There was a time when New Jersey Generals called. You might remember that Donald Trump owned the New Jersey Generals and David Lappin signed a very lucrative contract with the New Jersey Generals because it was a whole bunch of money, and he went to the Trumpster between nineteen eighty four and nineteen eighty five. But then when he came back, he had such an impact on the football club that at that point Mike Brown and Paul Brown said, we want this guy back, which was a pretty good sign when you think about it, having spent so many years as a Bengal, and Dave Lapham then was hired, shall we say, to be a broadcaster with the Bengals. I think Phil samp was the guy in charge beginning in nineteen eighty six, and so Dave Lapham was about to begin his fortieth year as a broadcaster with one team consecutively. I'm not sure there's another, shall we say, broadcaster anywhere in the NFL that has that record of continuity and of greatness. And Dave Lapham began Syracuse born in nineteen fifty two. He was with the Bengals part of that Super Bowl team in nineteen eighty one, and he was with the Bengals between nineteen seventy four. In nineteen eighty three, and then the Trumpster, another rich guys, decided to join something called the United States Football League USFL and the New Jersey Generals, and he signed a lucrative two year deal with the Generals and worked for Donald Trump, which is kind of an unusual story, but it's true. And during his career with the Bengals, Dave Lapham played all five line positions left tackle, left guard, center, right guard, right tackle, and it was one of the key elements of the nineteen eighty one team that went to the Super Bowl having won the AFC Championship. And he's someone that it is wonderful that he was noted as perhaps someone that the Bengals wanted to respect by calling him into the Ring of Honor. The other person that cost is, of course, is leaping Lamar. And I've tried the last few days, few weeks to have more and more people vote for the Great Bob Trumpy, because let's face it, Trumpy's days, like all of our days, are numbered to one extent or another. And one did not want to have a circumstance where the honor was given but then not received. During the living years, it has said Dave Parker would come and sit right there for a period of time doing various fundraising for Parkinson's and Parker did not play the last twenty five or for thirty years, but suddenly he was acceptable to go into the Hall of Fame when he wasn't acceptable years earlier. And I did not want that to happen to Bob Trumpy, because Bob, shall we say, he's in his eighties, And if you're a football player who played in the sixties, seventies and eighties, the rules are not the same, shall we say, then as they are now. You got hurt all the time, heads and shoulders and elbows and knees, and Bob Trump, he's the living legend around here. So I noted with great interest that Dave Lapplan was selected. And those doing the voting are not necessarily the fans of the Bengals or the listeners. They are the season season ticket holders and those that had these private boxes things in that character. And ultimately, no, you know, the Bengals did lose to the forty nine ers and Super Bowl in Detroit, and he went on to serve another two or three years before the Generals new Jersey Generals called and as soon as the availability was there that Paul Brown and Mike Brown hired him to come back and do games right here. And when you talk about Donald Trump, I'm not sure politics plays any part of this. But in nineteen eighty four, Dave Lapham signed a ten year, guaranteed personal services contract with Donald Trump, majority owner of the Jersey Generals, and he called it a business decision and a friend to his linebacker. Jim Leclair also signed with the Generals. Shall we say for the money, there's nothing wrong with that. But when his contract was up and his tenure guaranteed personal services contract and a couple of years ended, the first thing that Bengals wanted to do was bring Dave Lapham back home to your Cincinnati Bengals. He's done some other work and the Big Twelve and also with NFL on NBC did some work there. But essentially he's been connected to our community for the past thirty years. And at some point in October, if we put in the Ring of Honor with leafing Lamar Parish, and it's something that's well deserved, and I had hopes that Bob Trump he also would be there and during the living years. This is kind of ridiculous to have put Dave Parker into the Hall of Fame, and he knew about it, but then he died a few weeks later, and he won't enjoy the festivities in July as he would have done. So let's take a short break, and when we continue, we're going to reach out to Dave Lapham for an interview and also maybe others should talk about what Dave Lapham means in the Ring of Honor, et cetera.
Speaker 2: And he's been there.
Speaker 1: He worked with the Bengals through several of the play by play voices from Phil Samp all the way through today with the Great Dan Horde and also Brad Joe Hanson, et cetera, and Phil Samp the original one. So let's take a short break and we'll reach out to him to get the interview, and if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred and new EIGHTE and T. And also some point later today, we're going to schedule an interview with a person that knows the ends. And now it's completely shall we say, of the Epstein matter, and we're going to talk about that maybe sometime after two o'clock today as time allows. So let's continue with more Bill Cunningham, and we're going to reach out to Dave Lapham. He honestly told me he would call at one five, and we anticipate reaching out to him soon to get a brief interview with Dave to see how he feels about what's going on. And then away we go. Bill Cunningham on News Radio seven hundred WLW. Of course we reached out to the great Dave Lapham. The schedule needs to be adjusted. He's going to join you and I at two of six today. After all, this is live radio. Two of six. Would talk about is bring him on our designation, So we'll deal with that, then I also would point out that tonight, allegedly Lionel Messi, the Great m Messi, will be at TQL trying to beat up on FCC. We'll see what happens there. Red's off until next week in town, but they played them Metropolitans Friday, Saturday, and Sunday in Washington. The Nationals then back home. They are fifteen forty seven and last night the Abbott did a pretty damn good job for one inning. He allowed no runs whatever. Ellie was zero for two, but nonetheless was exciting just to watch him run around. He's the most exciting Reds player we've had since maybe Eric Davis. And at some point many say, including the segment to Elie Delacruz belongs in center field to use his skills more. We'll see what happens down the road now. Lastly, about ten minutes ago, the Homeland Security issued a couple of statistics I want to share with you. And the month of June, at the contact points of on the southern border between California through Florida, there were about six thousand contacts of illegals and none were admitted into the country. If someone wants to make a immigration claim under a refugee status, you must do it elsewhere. You're not dispersed all over the country to wait for a hearing seven years from now. And in June of twenty twenty three, which sorry June of twenty twenty four. June of twenty twenty four, about a year ago. Under Joe Biden, there were three hundred and twenty one thousand contacts and the great majority were dispersed all over the country giving hearing dates on refugee status claims years into the future that would never come.
Speaker 2: This is in one month.
Speaker 1: Not one of the six thousand contacts resulted in that person being admitted into the country a year ago. Three hundred and twenty one thousand and one month. Each year about four to five million, And those are the ones we know about. And it also makes the point immigration does that the president is considering the updating immigration law, preferably by legislation, if not by executive order. When you think about it, you have to get power. To get the ability to change things, you must be elected. It's interesting to take hardline positions and then lose an election and someone else wins. One of the hallmarks of Donald Trump has been his flexibility. You never know what he's going to do because it changes with the circumstances on the ground, and as things proceed, you never know what's going to happen. When we look locally at Emerson Kalindras, the nineteen year old soccer player graduated from day or high school, was shipped out to Honduras last month. He wasn't a criminal. His mother brought him here when he was about eight years old because she was fleeing gang rapes in Honduras. And so you know, he was eight years old brought here, did not have immigration status. Also, I'm in Solomon Children's Hospital. Chaplain was he's seeking asylum status and they have not said yet if he's going to lose status or not. He's going to have a hearing sometime soon. There ought to be away, and I know the trump'ster's thinking about this. I spoke to a friendly US senator who has my thoughts on it, because I'm in touch with you every day. He wanted to know from talk radio what's happening. I told him that most of the talk radio takes a hard line approach legal or illegal, undocumented, documented, whatever, but in reality, there ought to be a procedure when certain jobs are unfilled. That ought to be an ability grossly expanded h one B's and others to keep guest workers here for period of time. And he said, how do you feel about that? I told him, as an American, if we can somehow continue vicious criminals being deported, those that are here for any bad purpose, get them the hell out of the country. On the other hand, if someone is brought here as a child and they've done nothing wrong, there ought to be a procedure to say, Okay, let's see what happens the next three years or five years. How you behave you have to work? There's no there's no public assistance available to you. You're not going to be a drag on society. Nope, you have to go through the system because many times, you know, legal and illegal, criminal and civil becomes somewhat obscure. If someone goes to a border crossing a point of entry, I'm here, I'm at a point of entry and I apply to become a refugee. That is not a criminal activity if the person complies with what immigration tells them to do. Now, under Biden, that person was if you went to a port of entry and registered name, address, phone number, et cetera. Here you go, here, you are okay. Then you're dispersed all over the country. That's in a different category than gang bangers or those who enter the country illegally without going through the port of entry. If you cross the border without using a port of entry, that is a crime. If you cross the border out a port of entry and you're giving a civil and you don't show up, then that's different than someone who has civil status and is in the system, so to speak. And also another problem is that we have a million human beings who come into this country every year, one point one million, to overstay their visas. They come on business or they come to say I want to be a tourist, and when they thirty days or six months expire, they don't leave. That is not criminal, that is civil unless they commit a crime here, which is the crime itself. And so it would be a wonderful thing if the Democrats and Republicans could get together and draw a line between legal, illegal, criminal and non criminal and do we have a need for the services of this person who can never be a citizen get to the back of the line, but you have status to remain as long as you behave yourself. If you act up, then you're gone immediately, and you agree ahead of time. If you act up, you're out of here. And I think that would get support from most of the American people, maybe not the megabase, maybe not some of my close friends. All I can do is say the words that I truly feel, and not the words of one who kneels, and that's what I feel. Maybe it's the Catholicism and me. But if you're here, shall we say without papers because you came through a port of entry, or you're a child brought here and you're doing nothing wrong, maybe there ought to be a way to put you at the back of the line for citizenship. Maybe never a citizen. However, as long as you're productive, you can stay here. Does that make sense to you? Raise your hand if you think that makes some sense. I agree about seventy percent of you raise their hand.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more, and we've scheduled Dave Lapham after two o'clock today to talk about is bring them on our designation. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: The Earth is about to move on second in goal from the two.
Speaker 6: It's the Carol King formation. I feel the earth move under my feet. Hello, quiet skos, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: God Sem, you must excuse me. I got a big boyman in my mouth. Yeah, we all do now.
Speaker 1: Announcement this morning, Yes, Leaping Lamar and of course Dave Lapham. I don't feel well about Bob Trump. You're not getting in your comments if any.
Speaker 7: I guess you know they never announced the voting, Willie, but I guess the voting was overwhelming this time total that mister Bengal. Dave Lapham is in absolutely entering against fiftieth season with the Bengals. He will celebrate his one thousandth game with the Bengals this season. A follows playing and broadcasting.
Speaker 1: I'd say that I can't imagine that record ever be broken.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Leaping Lamar.
Speaker 7: Remembered by fans as you know, not that tall, but very gifted, it could leap and Yes, an exciting player in team history, known for that flashy attire in nineteen in the nineteen seventies, you might wear the main coats and all the flashy clothes and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: He remains the franchise's highest scoring defensive player six time Pro Bowl selections. He talied twenty five high nts as a member of the Bengals, fifth most and team history not bad. So congratulations to both.
Speaker 1: Oh, there you go, segment, your reaction on Dave lappin the great number sixty two, who came here before Marty Brenneman.
Speaker 2: That's correct, you're here before Marty Brenneman.
Speaker 7: That's a long time, long time, and let's see both mister Parrish and mister Lapham will be on Sports Talk tonight with Lance after six oh five. Good will he the stood reporters of proud service, every local Tamestar heating and air conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel in greater Cincinnati. Call Corey at Precision Home Comfort at five, one, three, nine, nine zero four or one two.
Speaker 2: What about last night's segment? What about Andrew Abbott?
Speaker 7: Andrew Abbott went one two three in the six Eli Da La Cruz went oh for two, Willie and the sixth, well he entered the game in the sixth, went oh for two, strikeout in left field.
Speaker 2: But Middletown's own.
Speaker 7: Kyle Schwarber Middletown the Phillies smashes those three home runs in a swing off. I know remember a few years ago when they had the Big Bud Seely was a commissioner in Milwaukee. He said, that's it, they're gonna I think they it was a six to sixth tie.
Speaker 2: They said, that's it. No, you gotta go off, swing off, and he's the m v P.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: He sent a couple of them, I think to Augusta Nationals. Gotta got he got the m v P. Yes, got the m v P.
Speaker 7: And then that bat is going to Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame. Really yes, And then I would hope that the powers that be in Middletown will finally give mister Schwarber his due by hitting a sign as you enter Middletown, this is the home of Kyle Schwarber, World Series Champion home run derby champ.
Speaker 2: Not bad. Get it done.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty six All Star Game is in Philadelphia next year.
Speaker 2: Oh, so may do it again.
Speaker 7: Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred, I don't care much for him, says that seventy three thousand seats have been sold for the Speedway Classic coming up August second at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Speaker 2: Are you going I don't know. Also, when will you know MLS action coming up? Tonight? MESSI what tonight?
Speaker 7: MESSI is in town Inner Miami, cfn FC Cincinnata, seven o'clock on ESPN fifteen thirty. It's a blue out. I got my blue on, so I'm going to go blue out. I have read on so Sam, it's a fifty days until the National Football League season commences with a Cowboy and Eagles. ESPN rates Jamar Chase as the number one wide receiver.
Speaker 2: What about Justin jeff what about Jefferson? Number two? Tate T. Higgins gets honorable mention.
Speaker 1: He's well when he's healthy. Right, He's as good as chamorrow when he's healthy.
Speaker 7: And Chamar Stewart is now the only unsigned first round pick from the National Football League Draft.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, come on? Is he going back? Maybe to college station Texas if he re enters. The Bengals can't read.
Speaker 7: I mean they said the rules are you can't redraft somebody. I don't know why they would. Jets corner and former Bearcat great Sauce Gardner. What about the Sauces, Well, he's going to have the Sauce four year, one hundred and twenty point four million dollar deal. How much one hundred and twenty million highest paid corner now in the National Football League thirty million a season, eighty five guaranteed, he's got the right sauce Bengo tonight or let's see the Bearcats and Dolls of Georgia are finalizing agreement. Look like they're gonna get a series going. Congrats tonight Willie the former Bearcat at NBA. Great the big o, Oscar Robertson. He's going to be honored tonight at the SP's with the Arthur Ash Award for Courage for his fight to establish free agency in the National Basketball Association.
Speaker 1: How about Oakmont Country Club in Pennsylvania. How about that as banned? I know, golfer Wyndham Clark, you can't come on the grounds.
Speaker 2: He smashed up the lockers. Did he go?
Speaker 7: He got, he got the rump, He missed the cut, missed the cut, and I saw pictures of it. He just tore a couple of those thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: For the damage, right, and he went nuts on the lockers, and they said, you're banned until certain things have to occur. Number one, when are they going to go back to Oakmont? For thirty two thirty three about a year. Yeah, but uh, you know he's in trouble with the with the locker room attendant.
Speaker 2: Not good that happened at the friendly confine.
Speaker 1: The country club doesn't put up with any criminal activity on grounds. You know that segment, aren't you the Uh? I'm in charge, that's right, I'm in charge of behavior me and speaking. A golf of the Open Championship begins tomorrow. How about this for a first round pairing defending champion Xander Schaffley US Open champ JJ Spawn and John Rahm at five am? Since he time five am, Scottie Scheffler Coolin Morikawa and Shane Lowry about ten minutes after good early, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You'll get updates tomorrow morning with me.
Speaker 1: According to the letter to Wyndham Clark, the band could be lifted if he does the following items. Makes a meaningful sincere apology. Two, Yeah, makes a contribution of note to a charity's selected by Oakmont country Club. Three undergoes counseling and anger management.
Speaker 2: We need that around here.
Speaker 1: Four you got to kiss some ass somewhere on around the club. The members line up, drop trial and say kiss ass if he does.
Speaker 2: That plant one right there on the right side.
Speaker 1: The right rump, he will get in if he does those four things. Otherwise, how many members do they have there?
Speaker 2: You think six and ten?
Speaker 5: Serious?
Speaker 2: You have to have to do that all in one day, then take your time. Do they just do?
Speaker 5: They do?
Speaker 7: They just encircle each green as he as he goes to play each hole, so to speak.
Speaker 1: They don't like and go and you know, in many sports you can do about anything right, but not golf.
Speaker 2: No, and our decision and effect.
Speaker 7: But how do how do those guys keep that mental edge like that that that that they miss a putt or something.
Speaker 2: They just they just don't.
Speaker 7: They just keep it all inside and stella yelling, you know, the bomb or something like that out in the middle of it. But that's they know golf etiquette correct.
Speaker 1: The PJA Championship in May Wyndham, Clark threw his driver, missing a marshall and damaged the sign near the tea box, which featured one of the tournament's prominent sponsors.
Speaker 2: You don't attack the sponsors, then go well the other day and what was it in a tournament? It was? Who was it?
Speaker 7: Brooks Koepka, Yeah, something hit a ball and I don't know where it went, but not where he thought it was going to go. And he hit one of the ball barkers on the tee and it almost hit two people, and people were standing like ten feet away from him. He just smashes it and I could have killed somebody. That's a problem.
Speaker 1: So golfers are acting up again, not quite like the hockey players that fight all the time. Well have you missed the putler's get enough fight? Break break the club. You don't play golf like that, do you not? Gentlemen, gentlemen, completely right. Justice Joe's a gentleman Justice show. Only at these days he's somewhere in a in a low book somewhere with his nose planted firmly against the pages, just looking at it.
Speaker 2: He's got a boring life.
Speaker 7: Used to be in What about the What about the magic Man? Does he play golf?
Speaker 2: Magic Man? Merlin Shiverdecker, Yeah, he's the magic Man? Does he play?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? What about the what about a two handicap?
Speaker 7: What about mister McColl does he doesn't much?
Speaker 1: Dean Gregory, he doesn't. He doesn't act depth, doesn't he set up a match? He hits ball markers all the time unintentionally with his ball. That's one thing. If he gives away what half a rack of ribs and chicken? Right, he hits the ball backwards and says, don't count that. What about the beaters boys?
Speaker 5: Do they?
Speaker 2: They don't act up, do they? The buzzard got a lot. I mean they didn't went a lot.
Speaker 7: When JJ sank that eighteen foot putt that went left right left this show on the eighteenth, Hoid Clovernook collapsed.
Speaker 2: I mean they didn't go to laps, did they.
Speaker 1: Dan Dieterslap collapsed, his head, his back of the head hit the green.
Speaker 2: Oh straight back? Is it still marked? Yes? We ain't got a plaque there.
Speaker 7: This is this is where this is where Justice Joe hit the shot of the of the century.
Speaker 1: Now you're avoiding the obvious. Messi's in town tonight.
Speaker 2: I know we got to call him see if he's around. I think Messi's doing anything. Probably, I don't know. It means court tendaal too.
Speaker 1: I mean probably John Berristel, probably Edie Ending right now, getting right in that pregame meal.
Speaker 2: How much are tickets to if you want to go to that event tonight how to talk to Jeff Burr.
Speaker 1: Let's hold out his packed It's be packed because of him. My rain too, right, unbelievable weather.
Speaker 2: Andy Mack. Let's see also whilly.
Speaker 7: The NHL is released their schedule the CBJ twenty twenty five, twenty six. They're going to open at Nashville Thursday, October ninth. The home opener is Monday, October thirteenth against those New Jersey Devils.
Speaker 1: Now there, I watched the Golf Channel this morning. Yes, the Donald Trump is asking to have the Brittish open Trump Turnberry, Okay in Northern Ireland. Regard is one of the most beautiful link courses in the world. However, huh, there's concern whether the focus would be on the players or Donald Trump in twenty twenty cellars he would show up, right, I think he would. Yeah, and the prints. He's not too popular in Britain, shall we say the Trump stern So they want to hem haul around and say maybe because of the tariffs. Not enough logistics, we need more logistics support. Talk to Jeff Beckham about logistics. Well, what happens if he logistics opens the wallet? Is that enough leg about logistics?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: More logistics? Well, you can't.
Speaker 1: Well, there's one road in and one road out. Oh, I got two hundred thousand people coming. That would be a problem. There's one road.
Speaker 7: Well, he doesn't, he doesn't use road. He's got marine one just to fly into. He's got probably got a helipad there, right, Everyone else though, has to come on the road.
Speaker 2: That's the way it goes. And that's uh.
Speaker 1: And now I got a text here from the president of Western Hills Country Club, Alex trench Offilu, the King.
Speaker 2: Of the Republican Party.
Speaker 1: He said, we have suspended many members for a conduct unbecoming at Western Hills, except the magic Man Merlin Swerdecker has not been suspended yet. Wow, But conduct unbecoming at Western Hills Country Club When what's going on.
Speaker 7: Over there is a thing, you know what I'm saying, drawing property, breaking the breaking windows?
Speaker 2: What is conduct unbecoming? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Does that mean you're a Democrat over there? And that means if you break something at the club, you've had it. Got to do four things. Number one, apologize. Number two, Now, wait a minute, you do apologize in front of Yeah, they call all the memberment and you'll apologies into the Grand Hall, and then you have to go up there and say, and you'll call sorry. Number one, you gotta say you got to sing the song by Free to Pain. I'm sorry, so sorry. Please accept my apologies.
Speaker 5: You know that tune.
Speaker 1: Secondly, you have to make a significant contribution to a charity of Western Hills Country Clubs picking such as the Merlin Schieverduck are charitable fund for something like make a wish. Make a wish. Number three okay, you have to promise hindwriting never to do it again. And number four kiss every ass at Western Hills Country Club Line them up on number one. Those are the rules that Alex t have put down for the place.
Speaker 2: What's the rules at the KCC the same.
Speaker 1: Well, we have snipers in the on the top of the building which just execute members, to shoot them in the back of the head. And one of the worst things is urinating in public. We have several members. We cannot pass a bush or a tree without pulling something out and depositing some your and that that is an outright that's looked upon in a very negative way. What happens there, you get something cut off. It's only happened once I can't say. But Dan Plunkett, general manager of Casey, sees in charge of that. You can't have men urinating on Newton people or well he he or is.
Speaker 7: He the guy with the black hood over his shotine?
Speaker 1: Because you can't do that. We got a problem with caseyc with you members.
Speaker 2: Going on around here. You better watch it.
Speaker 7: You know who's going to get a WHI for this story about this Jason Williams. He's going to be running around country clubs all over the area watering the flowers. Men do that all the time, in that disgusting You've never done that?
Speaker 5: Have you seg?
Speaker 2: What's next?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Do not answering the answer the question. I'm not Yes, I have not done it right.
Speaker 1: Well, give me out of STOODI of art. We have a great guest coming up next in the Ring of Honor. I can't say.
Speaker 7: Well, le happy ninetieth birthday to who. On this July sixteenth, nineteen thirty five, what happened? The world's first parking meter was installed in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Device designed by Carl C. McGee. Somebody's making dough and what else?
Speaker 7: July sixteenth, nineteen sixty nine. Who was president of nineteen sixty nine, Apollo eleven lifted off to the Moon carrying Armstrong to go to the moon. Aldron Collins, mister Armstrong made two hundred and sixty four thousand dollars on that flight.
Speaker 2: He deserved it, then't he set foot on July twentieth? Is that correct? Belief?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But left today.
Speaker 1: Took him four days to get there. Not only eddy fingers coming back from Dayton, Ohio's airport took him four.
Speaker 2: Days to get I guess he right.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess he took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. I don't know what to tell you, hi, segment. Give me out of the stud's reports, will you?
Speaker 7: And honor of a rainy day here at a tri state and these big boymans are delicious.
Speaker 2: Give me a big boyman, a big boyman in your mouth. It's a good thing. We leave you with the immortal words of the stewed trip.
Speaker 6: Chuck Preschtans said in the preseason, you know, I don't care what you people say. I'm gonna go vanilla vanilla, French vanilla. And then all of a sudden, the regular season comes and he's putting on chocolate syrup whipped cream a little cherry all over that ice cream. Now he's mixing it up a little bit.
Speaker 2: I like his dessert.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Congratulations to Dave Lapham and Leap and Lamar Parish.
Speaker 2: Segment. Let's continue whenever stop.
Speaker 1: I had it when news types say we're coming back in five minutes, We're not coming back. We're gonna continue segment. We're continuing. Yeah on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that.
Speaker 1: Sports fans, the Great Number sixty two been with the Bengals since almost their inception, has never left except to join Donald Trump's the Jersey Generals. Now in the Ring of honor the Great Dave Lapham. Dave, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. First of all, Dave, how are you Are you notified about such things? Did it happened last night or this morning? How is someone notified about this?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was notified today by the by the the Brown Blackburn family and different different people reached out at different times, Elizabeth Blackburn and then Mike Brown. Obviously we had a we had a conversation that was very very nice. I mean, Mike Brown obviously has been a big, a big factor, a big figure in my lifetime. There's no question about that. He is has provided me with an avenue to to just take care of my family for hopefully multiple generations, honestly, and as a player for ten seasons, and then the broadcast both for forty which is quite a stretch. I mean, that's the pre remarkable end this next season. I mean forty years to broadcast booth and I just I can't believe it on the days.
Speaker 2: Really, I'm just wondering more all the time, Ain't that's the truth? Looking back?
Speaker 1: Is there one game of the one thousand you've been involved in that kind of stands out, good or bad?
Speaker 5: I'd say the Freezer Ball. The Freezer Ball was a It was a challenge, I mean it was It was a game that probably will never ever have another game played in those conditions. I don't think the league would allow it. In fact, they almost didn't allow it. Back then. It barely was allowed to happen, and we thought we were told that it was it was in the higher straits, that there was a good chance that weren't going to be able to play the football game. But then the n all decided to go ahead and do it, and the Freezer Bowl happened. And was born, and it turned out to be a hell of a football game, very competitive considering the environments. And you know, the temperatures nine below fifty nine below wind chill. That's cruel of unusual punishment to the normal man, There's no doubt about that. And I've never been colder in my life and never want to be cold like that again in my lifetime.
Speaker 1: Growing up in Massachusetts and attending Syracuse, what was your thoughts? And maybe your senior Syracuse you lettered in a bunch of sports, you were a team captain, You played in the East West Shrine Game of nineteen seventy three. What were your thoughts if somebody would interview a young, mean, aggressive Dave Lapham in January February seventy seventy four and you were going to be told you're gonna be a Bengal, what were your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my thoughts were, I can't believe I have an opportunity to play for a legend Paul Brown. Basically, in my estimation, I was kind of raised on the fact that he was the father of football, particularly at the professional level. I mean, the National Football League would not be what it is today if Paul Brown hadn't been part of it back in the day. And to play for Paul Brown was a dream come true. It was an experience of a lifetime. It was everything I thought He would be. Incredibly gifted, very talented man. I think could have been anything. He could have been President of the United States in my opinion, if he'd gone into the political world. Could have run any company in the world, including like a Procter and Gamble here in Cincinnati. But he decided to, you know, come to Ohio and the Cleveland Browns built them into a juggernaut, and then moved to the southern part of the state here into Cincinnati, and put together another another franchise of fifty eight years that is is as good as any in the National Football League. Three Super appearances, multiple playoff victories, unbelievable quarterbacks Paul Brown has done at all.
Speaker 1: And as far as being a third round draft pick, you're the sixty first pick overall, you come to Cincinnati and what are your first impressions about Wilmington.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Wilmington was Uh, it was a kind of a shock, really. I mean, I thought then training camp in an NFL franchise and I wonder where we're going to be probably some hotshot place, like some kind of a I don't know, the resort or something. I mean it would probably be you know, on fields that the resort has. That would be another little added added plus for the people that are staying there.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: It wasn't a resport. It was tidy Wilmington College up in Wilmington, Ohio, with you know, the bear essentials for facility and equipment and everything else that goes with it. The Bengals brought their own equipment up there basically as an NFL franchise, But Wilmington College was uh, you know, it's Quaker and he was the people. The people were very uh you know, very humble, very nice people. Because there wasn't there wasn't a whole lot of Shenanigans going on hot Paul Brown would say, no Shenanigans, No, yeah, right, there wasn't a whole lot of cocktail uh cocktails being served, are alcohol being absorbed?
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was quite a place, it really was, And I was up there for a good number of years. There's no question about that. I spent uh had it all up. I spent multiple years up there in Wilmington and and uh, I can't say that I'm happy that I did, but I was proud that I did because it was up there. For uh, the sole purpose is getting ready to play an NFL season with an NFL franchise, and a good one at that. In the Cincinnati mangl.
Speaker 1: Right, and the preseason, how many you had two a days, no air conditioning, kind of bringing a fan. You all shared one toilet. It was it was hotter than the hinges of hell. You had two days. Then, how many preseason games did you play in seventy four?
Speaker 5: In seventy four it was six. I think it was seventy four seventy five we played seven. We played in the Hall of Fame game. One of those two preseasons. I'm cramping on which one it was brain cramp, but it was, you know, seven preseason games, seven full games against you know, viable NFL opponents that were playing for keeps. Now, it wasn't The preseason games are a little different back then. Guys played, I mean, the starters played. Guys played seven of them. That didn't mean a thing and nothing squads, nil, zip, not a nothing on your schedule. I mean it was just seven practice games that were officiated by NFL officials, played by NFL players that had no bearing whatsoever on the schedule. As that started to unfold in the regular season.
Speaker 4: And it hurt.
Speaker 2: I mean, it wasn't like it is today.
Speaker 1: Well you can practice a little bit and walk around make your fifty million dollars. It was work and you got hurt, and you said, well, just you're fine, get out there and play.
Speaker 5: Exactly exactly, you know, rub some dirt on sun. Yeah, mar Mar Paul is our training mark. Get over there. Take his ass up back in there. Yeah, back in there. We can't afford to have him missed. These snaps, these reps are valuable. Goddamnic get him in there.
Speaker 1: At the concludion, at the conclusion of your ten years with the Bengals, you were then hired by Donald Trump, I think on a ten year personal services contract. When you told Paul Brown and Mike Brown you're leaving the Bengals at that point, was that a problem for those two years?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was interesting that they, you know, obviously weren't happy about it. You know that they knew the rival league, this one was going to stick around. There were a few others that came and went sprung up and died a quick death. But this one had some pretty significant financial backers, including Donald Trump and yeah he It was a two year personal services contract. I had two full seasons guaranteed. Regular season salvage were fully guaranteed, just like the signing bonus and every other form of payment that that that contract provided. So you know, it was it was guaranteed money, whether I, you know, made the team, didn't make the team, get hurt, didn't get hurt, you know, uh, passed away, but it was it was guaranteed for every condition that it possibly could be guaranteed for which I looked at us after ten years in the National Football League as an annuity that came due to the for the benefit of my family. So it was very, very difficult to pass up that kind of guaranteed money. And they just they weren't doing it in the National Football They particularly for you know, offensive linemen. It's like, are you kidding me, No way, we're doing that well.
Speaker 1: And of course when you were when that was done, it came back to the Bengals and the show. They don't hold a grudge. I think Phil samp was uh could be difficult at times, and you were you were, you were with him, and you had little or no broadcasting experience, but they they thought about enough about you as a man to say, you know what, let's hook him up as the color analyst with Phil Samp. And that was like and what was that in eighty eighty four, eighty five something like that? Right? And and you bet eighty five you're about to celebrate your fortieth season and uh and in football, can you compare Phil Samp to Dan Horde as far as the differentials.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's uh, that's like trying to It's like trying to say salt and pepper or see the food the same way. You know, It's like, yeah, it's not Uh. They they had much different personalities. Yeah, uh, but they they did. Their approach to the game was similar in that they you know, they obviously took it very very they Dan takes it and Phil took it very very seriously. And I will say though that that Dan Horde, without without a doubt, is as prepared a person and professionals I've ever worked with. I mean, that dude does his homework. Man. There's nothing that's going to slip by Dan Hord. He is ready for anything, and he'll make the necessary adjustments. Accordingly, Phil samp was really he was really pretty good to me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: He he realized pretty early on that I did understand what was going on on the football field from a football standpoint, and honestly, when he found out that that Syracuse I went to the New House School of Communications, which put out the likes of Bob Costas and others that you know that he had, Well, this guy's got a basic understanding of what's what goes on in the broadcast area of the broadcast world. So he, uh, he accepted me, I think pretty quickly, and we kind of hit it off pretty well. Phil was Phil was something man that voice. I mean, you would give everything that you had for that for those for that dulca tone of Phil sat Man. He was amazing.
Speaker 1: Does Mike Brown get a bad rap now and then because he suffers quite a bit of criticisms, doesn't give interviews except one time. Is Mike Brown the public perception the reality of Mike Brown?
Speaker 5: No, no way, Mike. I think I think John Q public most of John Q public as would be shocked to know that Mike Brown is very, very different than the way he's portrayed in the media, and you know, some of it's his own doing. Like you said, he's very selective in what he does and how he does it from an interview standpoint. But I'm telling you, this guy is a good man, a family man. You know, he's got you know, he was brought up right. The Ten Commandments mean something to Mike Brown. You know, he's honest as the day is long. He's just a good human being, a good person somebody that you know, Uh, if you were fortunate enough to have him as a friend and able to call him a good friend, you'd be a lucky man. And that's the way his good friends feel about him. Mike Brown is a very very solid individual, assault of the earth kind of guy. And I don't think the masses out there, the Bengals fans, have that perception or that understanding of what Mike Brown is really like.
Speaker 1: As part of the Trey Hendrickson has signed a contract this year. He's got a written contract signed by the team and by Trey Henderson. He's going to play football this year for the Bengals. And part of Mike Brown's philosophies or life is when you sign a contract. Damn it, you'll honor it. Is that going to be hard for Mike Brown to say, you know, Trey Hendrickson, well, we're going to ignore the contract you sign and give you more money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't think that he's necessarily going to do that. I think he's going to say to Trey Henderson Tree, get get the training camp. You're under contract. Your year left in your contract. We both signed it in good faith. Honor your contract. Now, if you come to training camp, I'll talk to you about an extension. But you know you're not gonna strong arm me and say, you know, I want all this money. I want an extension. It's not you don't give it to me. I'm not coming to camp. And that's not the way. That's not the way this works.
Speaker 2: Sign the deal's backwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you signed the deal. You know. It's like you're you're I've got the leverage. I've got you under contract. You're trying to create leverage, but it's not gonna work because I've got you under contract. And I believe in contracts. I believe you know, in the word uh of people that sign their contract, they're given their word. So you know, I I think he feels that Trey Henderson will report to training camp at some point in time, hopefully sooner rather than later. There's only a week before camp opens up.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: But if he doesn't, it's a very short stay out of training camp, because you know what you want to see. Even a veteran player that understands all the nuances of the game and has performed and succeeded at a very high level, you still want to go through training camp and get your body right. You don't want to go with a training camp not quite ready to play the game of football at the level that others that have gone through a training camp are able to go physically. You don't want to put yourself in jeopardy that way.
Speaker 1: Lastly, Dave Lapham, you're one of twelve. There's been thousands have come through the Bengals over the last fifty five years. What do you want to say as a man, as a person, to the fans, to the season ticket holders, to the suite holders that voted you into the Ring of Honor?
Speaker 2: What do you want to say to them?
Speaker 5: Man? Willie? I mean, I just can't thank them enough. I'll be forever indebted to them. My entire life. I mean for them to think enough for me, as a player and as a broadcaster to get their vote for the Ring of Honor, which is something that I never ever ever considered as being in the realm of possibility. For them to do that for me is something that is incomprehensible. I'll never be able to repay him. I mean, I think, you know, I thank them for coming to all the games, spending their good, hard earned money to go to an NFL game. Sometimes that's not as easy as to tounce for some of the fans, but they're die hard. They love the football team, they love everything about the NFL, and they're glad to have a team here in Cincinnati competing in the National Football League. They know football. I will tell you that, Willie that in terms of when you go around the NFL, Cincinnati Bengal fans are as educated as any fans in the league in terms of what the hell's going on in the football field with respect to the rules of football. It is a very very sharp, intelligent crowd, and I think it's respectful to the game of football. I can't say enough good things about the fans, and I just I'm forever indebted to them. It's just it just boggles my mind that they voted me in to the Ring of Honor. I mean, it's it's an honor that it just I just can't put my arms around it, you know, on my mind around it. It's it's almost incomprehensible for me to grasp.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: I first started playing football. My grandfathers were you know, would say, you know, uh, you know, work hard, Uh, listen to the coaches, do what the coaches say. The coaches know what's going on. So I tried to do that and tried to take my grandfather's advice all the way through. And they were right. You know, coaches know what's going on. The coaches know the game of football, and you can learn from them, and you can learn every year from them. And I learned from my teammates how to play, what techniques and fundamentals to to use, and others that you learn along the way that might take the places. Some that you learned early on and just grew and developed as a player. And that was due to the the abilities in the in the kindness of my teammates and coaches. Assistant coaches had great teammates, high caliber people, tremendous players, coaches, high caliber coaches, tremendous people, and uh the organization was top shelf. Paul Brown is one have won all. Brown's the father of football. In my mind, when I think NFL, I think Paul Brown.
Speaker 1: Well, Dave Lappham, thanks for coming on this afternoon, and we've been blessed to have you with the Bengals and Joe Knucksall with the Reds.
Speaker 2: I say, this is a great affection.
Speaker 1: You're the Joe knucks All of the Bengals, or maybe Joe Nuxsall is the Dave Lapham of the Cincinnati Reds. But may you live long and prosper, and may God give you another forty years behind the.
Speaker 5: Mic oh Man, Willy, that would be something with that, oh Man, I'd take I'll take five. I'd like to I'd like to run five. Well, that'd be great. I know the feeling feel good? Yeah, I know that feel good.
Speaker 2: I feel good. I feel like James Brown. I feel good. Yeah, I feel good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Willie, you feel good, you look good. You can communicate. You're going another decade, Willie. There's no question about it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's doubt in my mind.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll see what happens, but Dave, we'll talk quickly in the next few months. Is the Bengals march to the super Bowl and maybe beyond. Dave Lap, you're a great American and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: Dave, thank you.
Speaker 5: I hear that Willie super Bowl or bust my Man.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Willy, Let's go Dave, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham with the legend Dave Lapp him on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 5: Super Bowl or bust my Man, Let's go.
Speaker 4: WILLI Hello, by it.
Speaker 2: I'm broadcasting Rocky.
Speaker 1: When you come before Marty Brenneman begins here, that's a premiere one pretty good run. March of nineteen seventy four. He comes here where Cincinnati didn't have Google Maps, got out one of the Ohio maps and spread it out, saying, I got to drive from Syracuse to Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: How do I get there?
Speaker 7: Think he got a trip tick from a triple A. I don't know if they even that adult with that little you know where they map it out? Did they have interstate highways?
Speaker 2: I don't all I.
Speaker 8: Knows he played when men were men, They had like like eight or ten preseason games at seven Camp just bloodbath. There was no such thing as a non padded practice, and.
Speaker 1: OTAs and Paul Brown wanted to go to Wilmington because it was a home of the Quakers. There were no bars, there were no girls. Had the d Q was the big deal. Go to the remember that sage. Yeah, I used to meet Collinsworth when he played with the Bengals.
Speaker 6: Got a d Q.
Speaker 2: That was the big time night out. Go get a molt. One day I was up there Willie and the entire.
Speaker 7: Offensive line was hut was was shoved into this van and I thought, these guys are cut. No, they were taking them up to the Grain elevator because the the scale in the school didn't go high enough, so they had to take him up to the grain elevator.
Speaker 2: And I said what.
Speaker 7: Then they came back and where'd you got? We had to go up and get wade a at the Grain elevator and Welmington.
Speaker 2: Two tons and tons.
Speaker 1: And now he's still doing it in twenty twenty five and he went to the Trust for two years. Yeah, and it didn't make the Brown family unhappy, but he came back with a lot of money and they said well.
Speaker 2: Give him credit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he laughed him and they took him back, said an older grudge because he was talented.
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 8: He's joining us at four o'clock. By the way, I know you talked to him, but he's joined us at four.
Speaker 1: Fick No TSL is about eighteen minutes. People listening now will not be listening. Likely at four o'clock time spent listening.
Speaker 7: And you know he give credit to the Bengal fans because you know Munyo's Willie Anderson and now Dave Lapham is are in gooing.
Speaker 2: Is in the ring of honor the Bengal fans. No offensive line rules. It's the key.
Speaker 7: Not many other teams have that, do they rock? I mean a ring of honor did offensive lineman and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: It's like that.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get him in later on. Now, all of a sudden boom. You know I said earlier, I want a big boy meant in my mouth.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And you gave me a big boyman right in my mouth? Is that fair to say? Dave? Please save that for posterity's sake. Right there, I'm talking about it. Double double double cheeseburger.
Speaker 8: What it was so brought in the food today at the station. And uh from a good buddy of mine, Paul Freeze. He owns Valley House in Harrison, Downtown Harrison, the mean streets of Harrison.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah no.
Speaker 2: But in his sandwich he named the big Boyman. What a boy in your mouth?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: And it is a big boy it is. It is a like a like a first as big boy, but like a super duper first big boy.
Speaker 8: It's like a first. It's like a big boy sandwich. I remember when I was a kid. They don't make them like that.
Speaker 5: Summerization.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got the tartar sauce has got all this stuff. Two of them, you see, is humped up John. He's got one good, she says it. Downtown Harrison, Valley House, he's got one in each one. He got a big boy in each child. Look at look at that face.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: He had two of them into his mouth. He takes it. I brought a bunch in, taking one home each him like oyster crackers. Eating them. By the way, Paul says he could beat you in golf. The owner of Valley House, I don't know you. He didn't say that. I got to look it up. He would probably cut his own off with you, by the way, and also real quick.
Speaker 8: Valley Houses having a fundraiser for my for the Middle Rocks football team. Good Harrison k one White. Not this Saturday, but next Saturday. They got prizes.
Speaker 5: Got you know.
Speaker 8: You go in there, you buy a food, you buy a big boy me, you buy some burgers. A little bit of the proceeds go to the Middle Rocks football team.
Speaker 1: I come to another game. I want to come and watch the Big Rock. You're losing. At the end of the game, he did like a statue of liberty play and ran seventy five yards and your white Kelly's going nuts chasing him down.
Speaker 2: Where's the baby? Where's the baby in this little I say, where's the baby? That's the thing. The baby's not a baby anymore. What's the baby?
Speaker 5: You think?
Speaker 2: Five years old?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: The Middle Rocks playing about that. So again, thank you to Paul Frees and Valley House for bringing a.
Speaker 1: Full scrap business. Owner's working hard like a great jolt. Purple Poulay works like a hundred hours away. Have you been to the Purple Pulay?
Speaker 2: Would you described? Would you get there? Would you go there? Do you like what kind of food they surf? Good fancy food. So it's in the right in the middle of a bombed out building right.
Speaker 1: Now, it's not it's not the most upscale place looking, I mean, but I walked in. I said it's pretty good. So you know, I have no connection to it at all. But I like small business owners working hard like Paul and I don't even know the people that run Purple Pulay, but they're there in Newport and second and three of.
Speaker 2: Me just like saying that. I like saying purple.
Speaker 1: It makes me seem sophisticated. Give me some sports we break that dam seems to be sophisticated. I feel I'm going to the Purple Poulay along.
Speaker 2: With the magic Man. Magic Man's coming. Canny go with you. Absolutely she loved it, loved it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Willie the student reporters of Proud Service of your local Tame Star Heating and air Conditioning Dealers Thamestar quality you could feel in beautiful Milford, the home of one main gallery called Baker Heating at five one three eight three one fifty one twenty four Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Mister Bengal, Dave Lapham, and Leap and Lamar Parrish are gonna be added to the team's Ring of Honor. Those ceremonies set for halftime of the game against the Jets on Sunday, October twenty sixth, Messi and Inner Miami cf in Town tonight to battle our Orange and Blue Messi TQL Stadium in a blueout seven o'clock on ESPN fifteen thirty Down in thirty.
Speaker 1: I got a question for you, Rock Firewall. I like to I like to handle legal matters and say about legal theories. There's a male porn star in the business department knows more about than I do because he could be a male porn star, sir.
Speaker 2: It can make a lot of money. But that's a difference.
Speaker 4: Total crap.
Speaker 2: Thank you Joe, Thank you Joe.
Speaker 1: But this male porn star who goes by the name of ebony Stick, was paid two to four thousand dollars in cash to have sex with Cassie to the enjoyment.
Speaker 2: He was paid to have sex with Cassie.
Speaker 1: Yes, anyway, he was paid to have sex with her as your man p did he watched, so that that's another issue.
Speaker 2: I don't get down with that.
Speaker 1: A couple of years go by, and now the porn star, male porn star is suing Cassie and P Diddy, claiming there was a conspiracy between those two to inflict intentional distress upon the mind of the male porn star and has not been the same ever since.
Speaker 2: Are they smoking crack or something? The answer was yes, yes, let me explain. He has a job to do it. He did it, but he claims he used and met about that, don't you something? Yes, I feel like I'm using.
Speaker 8: There wasn't a contract though, so maybe it was a you have a case it's an oral contract.
Speaker 2: I bet it was so.
Speaker 1: But he's alleging that ever since those events he's not been the same. So he wants money from Cassie who's got a lot of money, and P dead estill. I guess he has money goes to the intentional infliction of mental distress so that those two put on him.
Speaker 8: So when you were a lawyer, right back when you were practicing, did you ever have people coming to you with these crazy ideas to see people and you go and you look at him and go, are you kidding kidding?
Speaker 2: Can kidding me?
Speaker 1: But somebody, a bunch of lawyers in l A took this case and supposedly the ebony stick is in rehab.
Speaker 2: And he's in mental mental trauma.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're on that jury, you say, no, I I get this. Yeah, you're a male porn star. You're paid to have sex with Cassie and you had to suffer great greatly mentally, and that you've never been the same is that.
Speaker 2: I'm tired of hearing this name. How you would prove it? That's what he wants to know. How do you approve it?
Speaker 5: How do you prove it?
Speaker 2: I don't know how much is hesume for to.
Speaker 8: Say, eighteen million dollars eighteen million, not twenty, not fifteen eighteen.
Speaker 2: Out of court settlement?
Speaker 5: What do you think? I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you settle that case, it would take an l A jury to give that guy any money. But it happens, right, Well, you never know in California.
Speaker 2: You don't know, right.
Speaker 1: I thought that was somewhat gymnastic, and it's approached the legal theories.
Speaker 8: That's nothing on there, nothing that sounds better than the hot coffee and the lap lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Nothing's hot, Yeah, nothing new today on you know who. I don't want to deal with that every day.
Speaker 1: My investigation continues daily, and I'll have more information tomorrow on Bill Belichick and Jordan Hudson. They're starting camp if they haven't already. Next week, you got to play a game rock. They gonna play teas with tample Hill and that would be a hot fud. Sunny sitting there.
Speaker 2: Every day that creeps by.
Speaker 1: I get a coach a game to that Sunday game is long away, long, not long. What's on the big show today?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Eddie is back?
Speaker 8: I think, But you told me he was in Dayton. It was like, couldn't get a plane trafted Dayton, You couldn't get the plane take off?
Speaker 2: What'd he go? I seventy and seven seventy five or something. I don't know, first six seventy five. He just got going around. To date, he only flies first class, right, yes, first class, first class. Probably hailed as a hero. Still up there in the gym city.
Speaker 1: I had sex with Cassie and I've been mentally effective for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: That's one right there. The magic stick was the ebony stick.
Speaker 1: What they call him that for I guess he's black and he's got a stick. I don't know, kind of like saying, you know that the big thumper or the humper. What's his name, big dumper, because he's big dumps. That's why they got him, the big dumper. And he did pretty well and in the home run derby he won it all. What else is on the Kyle Schwarber though, got it done.
Speaker 2: He did right of the game. We have Bill Dandy financial strategist, strategists. We've had him on a bunch of times.
Speaker 8: He's talking about Wall Street Journal last week predicted a coming recession, and I'm saying, what recession. RK is pretty good. I need me down a good Get me a big boger down, Yeah, give me a big boyman.
Speaker 2: I want a boyman. All right, Rocky, thank you. We've got lap at four o'clock. Thank you, say man. I'll try to see if we can get the ebony stick for four thirty five.
Speaker 1: Tell me how you've been affected. And by the way, P Diddy right now is in rehab, in prison. He's gonna get a certificate of drug free and domestic violence free. He's gonna go in front of a judge, a new man.
Speaker 5: Do you buy it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: No, say give me out of the stud's report, Willie, and not of a rainy day here in the tri State. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud report. Well, we'll see what happens, won't we.
Speaker 1: Jack Show weighing in on the new lawsuit from Ebony and Ivory on news radio seven hundred w Autom