Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray. I'm tell you Besson's radio.
Speaker 2: All right, gonna go back to the phones. I originally had intended to do this for an hour. But guess what, I'm a little angry at this point. And I'll tell you why I'm angry. I'm angry because if this incident shouldn't call it an incident, if this horrific tragedy had happened anywhere other than a poor community in Boston, people would be up in arms. Well I'm gonna I'm up in arms. I'm up in arms that the city has not kept us up to date as to what this investigation is SAWT is finding. Okay, we're seventeen days after this child was struck and killed. It's as simple as that. It's time now for the city, too uh to let us know what's going on. This is a little five year old boy. I think everybody knows the story. If you're if you don't know the story, I'll give it you real quickly. This is a five year old kid on a Monday, beautiful Monday, April twenty eight, gets off as school bus. Five year old kid. Five year old kid gets off the school bus and the very school bus that he was riding on somehow kills him. Now how that happened, God only knows. We haven't been told. But you don't need to be a master investigator to figure that one out, particularly when we now have learned that this same bus a few minutes before that and another part of town had hit a couple of parked cars. Think about it. Think about it. Who's driving the bus? Did they do toxology reports on the bus driver? Was the bus driver qualified? Were the proper checks down on the bus driver? Bottom line is as a five year old child. Now we have one line open, six seven, ten thirty, and if I missed my bed here, I'll I will be sorely disappointed in this audience because this someone needs to speak for this five year old child. We have heard from the police commissioner, we haven't heard from the mayor, and we haven't heard from the district attorney, Kevin Hayden. So if they're not going to speak for the five year old child, I'm going to speak for the five year old child, and I hope that some of the audience will speak for this five year old child. Let's get right to it. We're going to go to Wisconsin. Karen is in Wisconsin. Karen, I know you grew up here in Boston. I thank you for calling in. This is an appalling source the cureous.
Speaker 3: I hope you can calm down a little bit so I can calm down and talk because I'm a little worked up over this.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you worked up. Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: When Steve called, he was saying everything I wanted to say. I just I just need a minute to calm down before I could die. So I am upset over this, but I don't I did you just find out about the bus hitting another you know, hitting no, no, no, that.
Speaker 2: That's public That's been public knowledge with newspaper stories. Okay, I don't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But to bring it up, to have this one for seventeen days, I think I wonder if there's something not that the government, you know, the state is trying to cover it up, but something they're trying to cover it up. Something is going on that they're trying to do. You see what.
Speaker 2: I don't know that, So I'm not going to assert that. All I'm saying is that it says to me very odd that a story like this, which people are aware of in Boston. UH, it has not there's not going to follow up. There's not been a UH news conference by the mayor, by the mayor which took a report. What what they know? Maybe it takes a couple of days. Okay, maybe it take this week, but it doesn't take seventeen days. On this particular.
Speaker 4: Story, there's a parent.
Speaker 2: I don't know that, Karen, and I don't think that's any of my business. This child, this child, he could have a mom and a dad, or mom and a dad, and they could be just shocked. They could Can you imagine when it's like to lose a five year old child, and to lose the five year old child on a school bus that he just got off. I'm not looking to blame the parents here that this.
Speaker 3: Has got nothing to do with Yeah, something's not right with this the bus.
Speaker 2: And I could have said to myself earlier tonight, why do I want to cast any light in this corner? We just might find something that's that's that's ugly. You know what.
Speaker 4: I don't need care.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't need to talk to the DA I don't need to talk to the mayor. I don't need to talk to the police. Commissioner. But they need to talk to the people of Boston, and I have.
Speaker 3: To say something is going on and we're working on it, just that much they.
Speaker 2: Of I think they got to say. I think that they haven't even said that, but I think they have to say. At this point. There's some questions to be asked. Have toxology to be done on the driver? What sort of a background check was done on the driver when he was hired? When was the driver hired? How long had he driven the school bus? How long had he been a school bus driver in Boston? Where he had been a school bus driver before he was in Boston, if he had been a school bus driver elsewhere. The questions are all important.
Speaker 3: We don't even know if they for rested anybody.
Speaker 2: No, there's no ice because because there's been no.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're calling on it. I'm glad you're calling this out now. Call every night, will I answered, but I will, all right, thank you, okay, every night, Thanks Carrod, all right, by good night.
Speaker 2: Let me keep rolling here. I want to get everybody in. Let me I got one line at six, one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, Wake up people. Joe and Haveril Hey, Joe, welcome next on Nightside that mister.
Speaker 6: Joe, you're a lawyer, Yes, sir, the family would hire you to find out how the child died.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not my job.
Speaker 6: They're keeping everything under cover until the lawyer investigates what happened.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope that they do. I hope that they do have a lawyer. And there are plenty of good lawyers who could take up this cause I'm a talk show host.
Speaker 6: Right now, and that's why I'm talking to you, because you're a lawyer.
Speaker 2: No, I unders say that, but I'm just I'm simply I know what the questions are, okay, and we've had no answers on those questions, Joe, and I would only posit this to you, and you're a smart guy. If this happened in Wellesley or Winchester or Weston or Whyland or any of the beautiful suburbs out there, do you think that it would go for seventeen days before we'd get any information about it. I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Well, if you was a lawyer, would investigate what happened. That's why they keeping quiet. They could be a suit involved.
Speaker 2: Well, of course there could be. Of course, there could be a lawsuit involved. But at the same time, the facts are the facts, and if the facts are such that they tend to implicate the action or the inaction of an individual, this child owed what's called a duty of care, I'll talk to you like a lawyer. This child was old a duty of care. The city of Boston owed this child the obligation to get him to and from school safely and to keep him safely in school. That duty of care was breached. How is it breached? I think we know how it was breached. Now the question is who caused that duty of care to be breached. There are very few people.
Speaker 6: Who caused you Why, you're a lawyer, You're sposed to something like that, right.
Speaker 2: But but I'm in my role right now as a talk show host. I'm asking questions and I know and I can be much more effective tonight trying to share the trees and get some answers than if I talk I could talk about tonight about any of a variety of subjects, but this is the one I focused on today because this is the one I feel the most strongly about. And again, if it was one day after I probably would have been talking. I would have said, it's a tragedy. What's the left to say a child died, Well, seventeen days later, there's too many unanswered questions, there's too much silence and officials.
Speaker 6: Dan Ray, I'm glad that I'm able to talk to you because I listened to the program.
Speaker 1: All the time.
Speaker 2: Well, Jo, I'm delighted you.
Speaker 7: I want to thank you for your service because you're a great person.
Speaker 2: Well, Joe, I appreciate that kindness, and I simply ask you to tell your friends about the show. The more people who listen, the greater collective voices. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 6: And the thing is, I tell my friends that I've talked to Dan Ray, and they're all they're overwhelmed. And I was able to get in touch with you.
Speaker 2: Well, I want you to call more often.
Speaker 8: Joe.
Speaker 2: I appreciate youciate your kindness.
Speaker 6: It change. I'm Mandy three years old, and I get I get kind of confused.
Speaker 4: A lot of times.
Speaker 6: You have to wait a long time before I wanted to get on the station, so a lot of times I hang up.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, I'll try to keep my eye out for you and try to move you up. Thanks.
Speaker 8: Well, thank you.
Speaker 2: I have a good one, my friend. Good night, six one seven, that's the one line that's open. We're coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to try to move a little bit more quickly. Let me go next to John in New Mexico. Hey, John, how are you welcome to night Side? Thanks for checking in, John, go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm a little I'm like, I agree with you. I'm totally outraged at the lack of anything on this. I still read the Held and the Globe online every day. I listen to you guys in the morning while I'm getting ready to go out, and this is just unaccept boat. And you and I both know that if Racelynn or Tom Menino was still there, there would be a more of a Hue and Clyde. They would have arranged help for the family. They would have paid for a funeral or gotten some of the charities that they were affiliated with to pay for a funeral.
Speaker 2: But by the way, by the way, you could, yeah, you could throw Marty Walsh in there into that group of Ray Flynn and Tom Ainino and Marty Walsh. Now, I don't know, there may have been some assistance provided by the City of Boston. I do not know the circumstances of this child's family life. All I know is he's a five year old child and we were told that he was in the company of an eleven year old cousin. Now, you know, if it was a horrible accident and somehow, some way, but the driver, you know, did nothing wrong, and that if he hadn't. First of all, he should have stopped at that prior accident, if he inadvertently hit two cars, should have So why he didn't there, I don't know. Now you I got a wonder is was he shaken up? You hit two cars with a bus? I think you should be pulled off the road, and so maybe that child's life would have been would have been spared. But we have no opportunity to ask questions, We have no answers because it's it looks to me like the DA has been unavailable. The police commissioner is never available, hardly ever available, and the mayor this is not a good news story, so she's not going to be available, and.
Speaker 7: She's too busy raising her national profile by fighting with Homeland Security and Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and again I'm not looking to go after on this. I want her to feel she's the mayor of Boston. Deal with this issue. Deal with Boston issues. It's as simple as that. And look what bothers me about this is this child lived in as I understand that Hype Park. The child was a minority. If this child happened to have been born into a different family, living in Wellesley or West and this tragically happened, I don't think we'd be waiting seventeen days to get any information.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. I mean, the politics out here and lunch crusis are terrible, but this would have been all over the frontage of every newspaper. They would have taken care of it. As a matter of fact, I went back and took a part time job working as a playground supervisor lunch monitor at one of the public schools down here, and I watched from kindergarten to fifth grade. And I would be insane if this happened to one of my kiddos, you know what I mean, and nobody did anything about it.
Speaker 2: Well, we have to look at this little boy, Lenz Joseph, even though he might have not been one of our offspring or family member, but he was one of our children who lost his life an extraordinarily strange set of circumstances and the fact now maybe the family has been told don't worry, we're looking into this. But I think the public needs to be reassured as well. That's that's my thought on it. Hey, John, let me ask you. Have you pulled down the new WBZ app? I know that you listen you you're not listening to us over the year. How are you listening to us tonight? On?
Speaker 7: I have radio?
Speaker 5: My wife has you, uh not as a favorite on I on her I have Radio excellent.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that means you.
Speaker 5: Every morning so we can hear the per I can call my son and say your wether's terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you have the app. That's what you have, the dow On Improved Diehard app. And we're the first preset. That's what I'm talking about, all right, Jeod. I was talking with a couple of friends of mine today about it. And it's pretty simple to do, is it not?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, it's easy. Every morning, I just put the phone on the connected to the speaker that we have and push the button and I did everything that was going on, and I go Yet that sounds like Boston traffic, loud of might fitting in man.
Speaker 2: John, thank you so much. Please say hi to everyone for me. Okay, have a great night. I will then, And thanks for calling in. I wish more people in the city of Boston were calling in on this one. I think a lot of them are sleeping right now. Thanks John, talkshoon talk you soon. Have a great night. Let me go to Christine. Christine, you were next on nightside. Thank you for calling in, Christine, go right ahead.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Dan.
Speaker 10: I remember when I was wrong. I loved him at Poxbrey and I was on a vian or a bus. We couldn't get off that Vianna a bus because I was I had learning disability going to Boston schools. I had to have either parents, an oldest sibling or a grandparent. I couldn't get off that bus till somebody came and got me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, but but even beyond that, what was what was this driver doing? And again I don't know who this driver was. It might have been the great driver in the history of the Boston public school system. But if you hit two cars, how come you don't stop and put a note on the car? Allow the police to show up so that those people don't and end the damage is covered by the City of Boston insurance. He drove away or I don't know if it's a he or she. The driver drove away?
Speaker 10: And then did you do here that he was a substitute driver? To do hear that?
Speaker 2: You know what? I had not heard that, And that's that's how rumors start. Maybe maybe it's true, But like anything else, I want to know how long had he driven? Did he have a medical situation? I don't know, you know, sometimes people he might have had a stroke thirty minutes beforehand. But let's find out. Did they do alcohol test, did they do marijuana test on him? Did they do any sort of tox solid as you tested? They do blood test on him? All of those questions should be answered seventeen days out. And if they have come up with information that suggested this guy's up in some sort of a medical emergency, uh and and didn't re even realize what he was doing, which I think is not likely to be honest with you because when people had that sort of a medical emergency, they they're they're hopeless, but are helpless. But but that's why, why have we not heard from the DA. Why have we not heard something from the mayor? Why have we not heard something from the police commissioner?
Speaker 10: And why aren't more of our politicians up and arms?
Speaker 2: And why aren't more of my callers reaching out? That's the my calls last hour. We're good calls. The people took a time to call, and we have full lines now. But these are the sort of things that I view myself as as I. All I can do is bring issues to people's attention, and.
Speaker 10: This is what to do. Ar Ma, wos new idea for what? Rockbrey?
Speaker 2: Have you heard the late more bike lanes?
Speaker 11: I hope no.
Speaker 10: He wants to put he wants to put speeds on or more than half the street from the frosty. And also she's thinking, shout the street thirteen speed bumps on every street?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know, I mean, they're just more reasons thirty more reasons for people to put their homes on the market and uh and move to places like Denim and Westwood and Norwood and Walpole and some lovely summerbs. Simple as that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, how can a bike go over seed bumps?
Speaker 2: Very slowly? Very slowly? Thanks Christine, you gave me you gave me a nice punchline set up there. Thanks okay, good night, bye bye. The only line is six one seven thirty coming right back on Night's Side. Love to hear from you. I got Dan in Brookline, he's up next, Gregory in Dorchester. It's our second call from Boston. You folks in Boston to and are not covering yourself in glory? David and Lyfe Leicester and Bernie in New Hampshire one line six one seven back on Nightside. This is appalling.
Speaker 1: It's Boston's radio.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Let's go to Brookline. Dan is in Brookline, Dan, welcome back to Nightside. How are you sure?
Speaker 12: Hey good Dan, thanks for taking the call. I just want to say I'm reminded of what I heard you say. I think about a week or two ago. My favorite legal phrase rais zips a look at her. A bus doesn't hit a couple of parked cars and then strike and kill a boy without something having gone wrong.
Speaker 8: Yeah right, so yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean simple as that, you know, And and again as we growt up.
Speaker 2: The results speaks for itself.
Speaker 12: Yeah, the fact speaks for itself. If a plane drops out of the sky, something went wrong, and if a bus hits two cars and then kills a boy that was in the bus. That's something has gone terribly wrong, and they have to I mean, you know, they have to report on what happened. If that happened in my town, it would there's just no way it would go seventeen days without any any update. If it happened where I grew up in Natick, same thing. I mean, I can't fathom how this could go seventeen days.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I'm drawing attention to it tonight. And Dan, I so appreciate your calling me. Again, I don't know you well enough to know how old you are, if you have kids or whatever. But if anyone has three kids, three kids, what ages?
Speaker 8: Yeah? What ages I've got.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I've got a fourteen year old, a seventeen year old, and a nineteen year old.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your kids have gone past that period of time when kids, you know, just see a dog and they run after the dog or whatever. Now, again, this this should be fully investigated, clearly, but they should have some pretty clear preliminary indications of what has gone on. The fact that there's no arrest has been made so far, no charge has been filed. It blows my mind.
Speaker 8: To be right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean I work in some criminal defense, and I mean none of this makes any sense.
Speaker 8: That's the bottom.
Speaker 2: You're a lawyer. You're a lawyer. Okay, fine, good enough, I am. Okay, Well that's well, thank you for saying that, because I'm thinking, well, maybe I'm missing something here, but no, I'm not missing anything here. And I thought about doing this last week and then we got into some other things, obviously the pope, the election of the pope and all that, and I just realized this. It's been seventeen days.
Speaker 1: We do nothing.
Speaker 2: That was the child's name these a five year old kid. How does a five year old kid?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Dan, I can't tell you much. I appreciate your call, and I really do, and I appreciate you listening to Night's Side, And please tell your friends in Brookline and elsewhere that we were always looking for new listeners, and particularly people who have you know, are married with kids, because until you have, I mean, there are a lot of twenty somethings who don't understand, you know, how serious this is. There's a lot of folks tragic. Yeah, in my age, well my age long ago, but but your age, you you you represent much more of the future than I do. And I appreciate you taking the time. Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: All right, well, I appreciate your show.
Speaker 11: Thanks man.
Speaker 2: Let's go next to Gregory in Dorchester. Greg, you're the second caller from Boston tonight, only the second caller. I'm appalled Sandy from West Roxbury and my good friend Gregory from Dorchester.
Speaker 13: Go right ahead, Greg, Yeah, the old Shorty is tragic and there's no need for her chef. It's election year and Josh Craft shagged after ass and say something.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that that we hadn't heard from just Craft on this issue, and I got to believe that someone of his people are aware of what we're talking about tonight. And I just think that that it's a it's a missed opportunity to say what he would have done, unless he doesn't know what he would have done, and in that case then maybe he needs to reconsider it running for mayor. I don't know.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he should open he should open up and challenge.
Speaker 2: I mean I would. I would. I would have the police commissioner, I would have the if I was running for mayor, I would say in this set of circumstances, I would have given the police commission in twenty four hours, and I would have expected a report every day, every day until until this this matter was resolved, okay. Uh. And by resolution I mean charges filed, uh and and and outreach to the family of the little boy to try to comfort them and give them whatever the city could possibly provide.
Speaker 13: I tell you, they say the city in the United States. I doubt that because I see every night somebody is getting hurt downtown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that. I saw that down in the you know, in the theater district. Yeah, that's right, that's just that's a serious attack. And I guess the man's wife was was standing there. Uh. And this all transpired in front of it ended up rolling on the ground with some guy.
Speaker 8: But like met a couple of times.
Speaker 2: But it might be a.
Speaker 13: Connection, like I said, the selection year or something to the people of them not doing their job, right, yep, I mean it can be covering stuff up, you know, say the truth, come out and explain for what it happens.
Speaker 2: I would also I would also be quick to add, and I think you might agree with me. It may be a safe city, but it wasn't a safe city for this five year old boy, was it?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 8: It was not.
Speaker 2: No, Greg is always I appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for listening. Please tell everybody in Dorchester they should be listening tonight's side.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that lady from West Rockstrey about speed bumps. I agree with the mayor and that we had to have them here in the New Pant section of Dorchester because people were cutting off Avenue and they were speeding through this that we letn't safe to go in the streets, so she had to do that. You're gonna give I gotta give you credit.
Speaker 2: For That's fine. That's fine. That's that's fair. That's fair. But I don't think they that is necessarily the same geographic set of circumstances. We'll be that another night. I don't want to detract from our Thanks very all right, have a good one, Thanks very much. Let's keep rolling. You're going to go to David Lester, Leicester, Massachusetts. David, how are you tonight?
Speaker 14: I'm fine? Thank you? And suddenly the sound the sound can you hear can you hear me?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 2: I can hear you? Fine? Are you on a speakerphone?
Speaker 14: By any chance, David, No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, and let me ask you this, Are you speaking directly into the mouthpiece of your phone?
Speaker 14: Yes, I am. I'm an old Click on that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that might explain it as well. Did I pronounce Did I pronounce the town, the community from what you're calling correctly?
Speaker 14: That's correct. If if you don't hear me, I would put it inside my mouth.
Speaker 2: Now don't do that, then we definitely won't hear you. Go right ahead, your thoughts, go ahead.
Speaker 14: I wanted to salute you. I wanted to salute you for one one for speaking up for this five year old, you know, human spirit, and two for going to battle with him, for him to recruit a battle for him. Because because when my mummy told me that when you speak, when you speak, when you ask pointed questions, Uh, what what was going on with this bus driver, you know, run two cars and then and then kill a child that's coming off the bus, and what's going on with the with the city, and what also what's going on with this child?
Speaker 7: Terrence?
Speaker 14: Because a five year old. I'm sorry, I'm trying very hard not to cry because one of the biggest owners I ever got in this country, was to was asked to be the godfather of you know, of a young lady who had lost who coming from Score at five years old, uh depends had not been there to pick her up, and but the driver had had let her off the bus only because only because the neighbor whom they got back Braver knew could could bring her home. When she came home, she found Daddy then on the on the kitchen floor where he shouldn't be, and she tried to wake Hi up, and he would wake up, and then she went she went to tell Money in the bathroom and in the bedroom she went Maney that year asleep and Money wouldn't wake up because they were overdosing, you know. And I'm sorry I didn't meet this young Adia. And too she was twenty three where that when i'd gotten into real estate, and she said she became one of my customers. And then and then unfortunately she lived so very well, and then she began to do what she hadn't done for years. Yeah, she had she had more money, and she began to go onto drugs again. And so I won't going to her, but I said, thank you for by speaking up for this five year old. You know, human spirit. You're fighting for him and we all need to fight for him. And you know by going for the truth and fighting what it is and also saying a prayer that when you get to the gate of heaven to ask them for permission to come back down.
Speaker 2: And uh, and you know, well, let me let me, let me just say this, David. I appreciate you taking the time to call. I don't know have you ever called my show before? Since your first time?
Speaker 14: Now, you know, I've called you many times, but recently recently, I was going to report you to my money because every time I talk to you. Uh, it's so interesting. I say, if I called now, if I call now, it'll be only two minutes, and then I won't be able to call it to you next week. So I wait, and before I know it calls midnight.
Speaker 2: And then, by the way, I now recognize your voice. I didn't. When did you move to lester? H?
Speaker 14: No, No, I'm visiting.
Speaker 8: I'm listening.
Speaker 14: I'm listening because to come and check on that, come and check on my adoptive you know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's fine. No no, no, no, no, no, I've recognized your voice and your speech pattern. But I didn't associate it with Lester. David, I've got to run. Thank you so much for your support. Your voice is important. Thank you.
Speaker 8: Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 14: Uh, you know I want to. I want because my money told me to make sure that I do want what I'm going to report. I wonder what you money, because now that I've called you, I can't call it again this week, you know, so you.
Speaker 2: Could always go remember this, there's a hall passed for everyone in the twentieth hour on Friday night. Whatever we talk about on Friday night, you'll have the opportunity to call in.
Speaker 8: Okay, that's better.
Speaker 2: Better, Thanks David, too soon, Thanks to you. All right, let me keep rolling here very quickly. Let me get Bernie in New Hampshire. Bernie, appreciate you checking in your next one night side.
Speaker 11: How are you doing tonight, man, I'm.
Speaker 2: A little wound up, Bernie. To be honest with you, this is what I feel in my gut, and I feel strongly about it.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 11: No, I agree with you one hundred percent. You know I remember two things. I remember the chick for anything in the mirs like Monty caught him in the h attack. And here you have an actual victim and she's not like standing up with a victim of one of the constituents of we're a city like that's appalling. Number one, that's not my mayor. But I did grow up in mass and a small town right across the bridge where my extar war's wife grew up in. And you know what, we have character from that town and and adversity, and we learned to live right where it's supposed to be lived. And and you know what, we just stand up poet's right. And I don't think the mayor stands up poor and it's right for one of our constituents. And I find a bar at Pauling.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's more than the mayor. I think it's where where's the police commissioner, where's some status status conference on this? Where's the district attorney? You know, where's Kevin Hayden? Uh? He's He's the he's the quietest district attorney. We're going to talk next our about the craziness out in Worcester. And the US Attorney released a really strong statement today that if you interfere with an ice officer in the conduct of their duty, you'll be prosper set it. So that's the sort of prosecutors we need. We a Foley, not not the Kevin Haydens of the world, who the only time you hear from them or when when when it's election time. So I'm upset with a bunch of people here. It's as simple as that. And I've decided to take the gloves off tonight.
Speaker 11: And number two, like the company I work for, I work we do a lot of you know, a lot of Harlem with trucks as the space and uh, anyone about drivers getting an accident immediately you call the police. Now the bust I'm talking about the first accident he at call the police, you take pictures, you document everything, Yeah, exchange papers.
Speaker 2: That's a standard operating procedure. That's the appropriate.
Speaker 11: You know, we without a doubt.
Speaker 13: And then like we had a driver that was coming out of.
Speaker 11: Heading Square and like someone kind of laughed, they're crazy over there driving as well known. And they come home and they did a deal to special Law. Everything was fine, Everything was fine. But when I got but we have we'll have a lot of suthing concerns that we have to answer about.
Speaker 2: With Bernie, I got you in before the break, but all of a sudden past the break, say, how do your son for us? Thanks, Bernie, talk to you soon. Have a great night, Bernie. We'll be back on nightside right after this very quick break. Tony will get you in Angelo. Bob and there's a cyclist from Attapanna will be up next. Back on nightside after this.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's get right back to the call. It's gonna go next to Bob and Rhode Island. Bob next on nightside, Go right.
Speaker 4: Ahead, Yeah, Dan, I got a few questions for you. Go ahead, Okay. Are you a Trump supporter? No? I I anyway, I don't believe it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's fine. I'm not talking about Trump tonight.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about Michelle and about the kids that run over.
Speaker 2: It's got nothing to do with Donald Trump. This has everything.
Speaker 4: I can't stand Trump, and you nothing to do. You're talking about the mayor that she's not doing the job. I think she's doing a good job.
Speaker 2: Folk.
Speaker 4: What do you think of that?
Speaker 2: I think that on this particular incident, not only has the mayor dropped the ball, but the police commissioner induced Oh thank you very much for calling call some night when and you want to get on topic, we'll talk about it. Okay, have a great night. By the way. In terms of the issue, I don't support I learned long ago you don't support any candidate per se. Are there things that Trump does well, yeah, we close to the border. I support that absolutely. If he does a deal with Saudi Arabia and he gets them into the Abraham accurts, I support that. I'm not like Bob who if Trump found a cure for cancer, I h'd have a problem with that. Again, we're still looking for the name of the cyclist, Rob. You know that, right, I hope I've said that now that the third time, Tony and Nedick Tony, you next do nights that goright ahead.
Speaker 8: Time.
Speaker 9: Sorry to hear about that. Hey, Dan, if you allow me to poss propagate three theories and then my comment on it. The first theory is just that everybody's doing their due diligence and they're not going any further until they have all their ducks in a row.
Speaker 2: Now, this this is a complicated case. I think it's a very complicated case. Go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Second is uh, I think that you have a bus to be able to drive a bus, you have to have a cd L And this kind of reminds me of the CDL driver up in New Hampshire that that killed seven motorcyclists. Uh, maybe the R and B has dropped the ball again on this driver.
Speaker 2: And if if the R and B dropped the ball on the driver, then then let the chips fall what they make? Go ahead, what's your next? What's your next idea?
Speaker 9: And and and the third one is really off the wall conspiracy theory. But the occurred in a in a poorer community, and usually when things like that happen in the coorer community, you'll find a lot of core community leaders coming out and having their voice be heard. Now, in this case, there's nothing to that effect for this child and the mayor and everybody else. Possibly, is it possible that the family is undocumented and they really want to keep it on the low?
Speaker 2: I think I think, yeah, I think you should play for the Southeast because you're a very long reach. No, the bottom line is, this is not a case that needs to be investigated for weeks or months. It's seventeen days now. I think this one should have been First of all, it's a serious case. It's not a case that you say, well, let's let's put that on the shelf and let's walk on something else. This is a case that cries out for quick, quick, quick, complete and thorough resolution. But this is not who else you're going to test. You're gonna go. You know, did they do the right test on the driver that day? Did they did they do a test on the on the breaks of the bus. Did they do all to make sure that there's no mechanical problems here? Has the bus been? There's all sorts of questions that should have been answered by now. It's it's seventeen days and we're and we're too late. We're getting to it's that's why I'm ringing the bell tonight. Simple as that, Tony. I appreciate you calling. I gotta keep rolling here, Okay, thank you much, thank you, Great night. Let me go to Roy and Mattapan. Roy. Are you the bicyclist in Matapan?
Speaker 8: Yes, greetns, good night.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening, go right ahead, you're on the air.
Speaker 8: Yes, foremost God best you. I've been listening to you for years.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: Hey, Now this topic touches my heart because as a cyclist, bicycle from a kid probably six or seven. Let a little kid rest in peace. Okay. What transpired that day, sir, and the aftermat of it is under a rug thing and it will not be. It's almost like chance toward eight. Okay.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying, okay, what I think you're trying to say to me that is that this is not going to be investigated thoroughly. Is that what you're concerned is.
Speaker 8: Oh, it will be. But the thing is is that first and foremost is that the boss driver hit the kid, killed the little boy. Okay, never mind the cause that he hit fire. No way. I made that remark about undercover. It's that when everything happened, it was a quashed Okay.
Speaker 2: Fair enough, Okay, thanks Roy. I appreciate you're not no Roy. I gotta tell you. I don't know what you're talking about, but I appreciate your call. Let me go next to Margie and Medford. Margie next on nights. I go ahead.
Speaker 15: Hello. First of all, I want to thank you so much for bringing up this topic. I'm still this is my theory racism. That's the theory racism. If you and I'll just give you a little example. Gabby Patito who got killed you may know of her Chase. They talked so much about her on TV documentaries and all that white blonde and there's so many missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the that's the woman that was killed. I believe it was in somewhere like in Utah or something like that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Okay, and now they have everything online about her. But there is a sight that will show you how many black young women I'm missing today that no one ever talks about. It's about racism, you know, I feel that way.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing on this one, On this one, Margie, Okay, and I only got a minute left in the arm. I'm glad you called, and I'm glad you're making the point. However, I know that the police officers who were on the scene there that day, there were plenty of police officers who are a minority, and I'm sure they want to get this result. The district attorney is black, the police commissioner is black. The mayor of Boston happens to be Asian American. Okay. So I don't think that racism is going to be a factor in this. I hope to god it isn't, and I hope we get to the bottom of it and the only thing that I can do, the only thing that I can do is to ring the bell and to make people think and to realize that this is seventeen days and we know nothing much more about this tragedy today than we did seventeen days ago. So I'm hoping that by talking about it tonight, by you calling in, another's calling in, and me talking about that, we're going to get people to think about and say, what the hell did happen here? Margie? I got to run here because I'm up against it. Please call my show more often.
Speaker 15: Okay, sure, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I agree, Thank you. Tonight, here comes the eleven o'clock News. I may take a call or two on this, but then I do want to talk about Worcester. We'll be back on night set after this