Speaker 1: Welcome to the Marvel Alliance Podcast recover anything and everything to do with the Marvel Universe and the comics, TV and movies. Who will go from er six one six to the Mojo Verse to the TVA in order to bring the Marvel Universe right to you. I'm the Man without Fear.
Speaker 2: Chris, I'm the nerve with the mouth David.
Speaker 1: Alliance Volume two and eighty one, and this very much might be the final Marvel Alliance of twenty twenty five. And you know what, we are not gonna disappoint you. We are bringing to you the first Avengers Doomsday teaser trailer that you know what. We have it, We've seen it, We've seen it a number of times, and you know what, we're gonna do this show, and we're gonna have a good time doing it because this is the March towards Avengers dooms dive. So this time next year, you know, we we're finally in the midst of it. Because what's the release date of it, David, what do we have the official release date?
Speaker 2: Let's see, let me play it actually headed up a moment ago.
Speaker 1: Yep, December eighteenth, So yeah, we are officially one year away as of recording tonight, we are one year away. Yeah, so that is amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm super super excited about it. I'm super excited to get at least something, even if it is a dash and a sprinkle.
Speaker 1: Yeah so but yeah, So anyways, how has been your week?
Speaker 2: My week has been good. I'm on the final road towards Christmas break and Christmas vacation, so I'm really really looking forward to that. Just have most people are counting down to Christmas, I'm counting down one more wake up until I'm officially off of work for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yep, And same with me, Like we have a half day tomorrow and then we have some travel plans and some stay home plans and things like that, so we are I'm looking forward to two full weeks off and get into decompress. Had some good news this week at work, so we're, you know, we're rocking and rolling but uh but yeah, so the uh it's you know, we were we were hoping for something and we luckily received it with our uh with the this lovely trailer. So but yeah, let us get into the uh before we get into breaking down the trailer and everything like that. We want to do our lovely network plugs. So we are part of the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network with six shows covering the wide range of geek and nerdom. To see the full schedule, check out the show notes blown and subscribe to the Gee Ultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at g wavepod network so you know when all the shows drop. We also have a Patreon so if we want to throw a couple of shekels our way, We've got two tiers. Our dollar tiers are tip jar to say hey, you think we're doing a good job, and then we've got our five dollar tier with ad free episodes, early access episode and Patreon exclusive shows. Laurel Lion has got three shows on the back catalog for our patrons. We can watch this all day. The Marvel and Alliance Infinity Saga rewatch. We've got the Tales from the House of X where we watched all our favorite films from the Fox Arab X Men, and then we've got the Baxter Broadcast, the Fantastic Four retro film rewatch, retro film reviews. We also have the DC Alliance guys doing their DC films through the years. We've got Joe with his multi Verse minutes, Disney Dives, with looking at on the first and the fifteenth of every single month, looking at the animated films from the Disney back catalog in chronological order. And he just released his most recent episode and definitely as always enjoyed it, especially enjoy all the behind the scenes stuff. It's nice reliving what we saw a way back when. But this was it was oh what was it, Lion King? I believe it was Lion King. I think it was the last last one of the kind of the the Illustrious Renaissance trilogy before they start, you know, I think we head into Pocahontas next, not necessarily that starts kind of the slow downturn of what was going on there. So but excited at that point. I know his next one he's really excited for. I think it's finally a Goofy movie's coming up. So I know he's a big, big fan of that. I'm a big fan of it. So yeah, check that out. We want to thank our patrons. We cannot do the Thoucher support, but if you're not a member of our patreon, go to www dot patreon dot com. Backslashya network scene and when all so you get that all that lovely content, and if you're not a member of our Patreon, totally understand. But if you can take thirty to ninety seconds and rate and review Marvellliance on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcasts, we greatly appreciate. And last, but certainly not least, we want to thank our official sponsor panel Boundcomics dot com or Omnibus hardcover collected edition needs JP and the cruid op has give me a PBC. You've got it going on with excellent customer service, immaculate packaging around the world. When I'll highlight their fifty percent off Christmas sale, I'm just gonna put up everything here, not just highlight Marvel, but we've they've got a lot of collect editions for fifty percent off cover price. So if you want to, you know, you've got a loved one and it may not make it probably for you know, the big day of the twenty fifth, but for the holiday season if you want to give them one of these lovely collected editions. At this point, you know either you can treat yourself or for your own self, treat your shelf for a new book. At that point you like that, and I wish I could I like that, treat yourself or treat your shelf. But lovely got some great stuff from all the distinguished competition image, all these, all this stuff fifty percent. If you cannot beat that deal, cannot beat PBC for it. We've got two codes. You can use Marvel Gua at checkout to get two dollars off every single order, or you can use mgua sit for five percent off for if you order four or more books together, and as always lets them know you are a listener. We want to thank them for being our official sponsor. All right, So, as we said at the opening, David and I have seen the very first Avengers Doomsday teaser trailer. This is not a trailer. This is the definition of a teaser. This is one of four teaser trailers that are through one of three teaser trailers. And the idea is there will be a full trailer and we'll probably put full on quotes until we see it, but we'll just say four of these are teaser trailers. Is the first one. All of them are right now, and they've stuck to their guns despite what's happened this week. Marvel's stuck to their guns and they did these. Each of these are going. I mean, next week will be the Telltale Sign will they're the new trailer release, but the first one releasing with Avatar Fire and Ash. The next week will be another one, the following week will be a third one, and then supposedly a bigger, more encompassing trailer for Avengers Doomsday. Now what David and I will say this, like we have seen the trailer. Neither one of us have gone to Avatar Fire and Ash. How did we see it? Then? Yes, we have seen the lead trailer. We have seen we have seen a very poor quality of the trail. We have also seen a better version of the trailer. Right now, we are not going to be showing it because we are not going to get our channel get a copyright strike because Marvel has been going after shows. But we are going to be talking about it and going to be discussing it at that point. So we're gonna be going full full on our thoughts about this at that point. This is our entirety of the show. It will not be a long show tonight. We will not be doing any listener feedback. We won't be doing complic Club. We already said that's on Hiatus in Factor Fictions. We're just gonna be doing this tonight and it will be our so topic. So if you do not want to know anything about the very first teaser trailer, if you just want to see it on UNDUDD, well we're gonna let you know from David and I are going to stick to our guns right now. We're going to be probably taking the next two weeks off for the holidays unless something one of these trailers does reveal something huge. This seemed to warranted just because of the first full transparency. David and I have also just seen the Thor trailer as well, based on the descriptions, based on everything like that, it is not something that we feel we need to go live about next week. So we'll hold that back and see if we can see because the one we are looking forward to, the rumor is that this was the first one. Next one will be focused on Thor, next one will be focused on after that Doctor Doom, and then a proper Avengers Doomsday kind of full trailer. So but yeah, so we will be taking the next two weeks off after tonight, no extra things in the feed, but we will be back next week. That following week probably we may have to kind of do a combo episode because we'll probably have to break down some trailers and then do our twenty twenty six predictions when we come back that first full week of January. So that's kind of our setup at that point. So again, final warning, we are going to break this down. If you don't want to know anything, we will see you next year. It's kind of weird to say that, but I always enjoy saying it. So if you want to know anything, here's your warning. Full spoilers start now, three two one. Here we go. So this is you know, this is a trailer. We'll just go out and say it. This is focused on Steve Rogers. Yeah, I thought this was interesting. You know, you know, you and I are in the circles. We knew the rumor was that the order was going to be Steve Rogers thor Doctor Doom and then a full trailer. So finding it now we have talked about on this show. I can't even remember how many years ago that we we broke down the story that Deadline. I think Deadline is the one who put it out there that Chris Evans was going to be returning and in some capacity as Steve Rogers and or Captain America. I almost want to say that was two or three years ago that came out and then nothing came of it. So this is the first evidence that it is. So that is what this trailer is focused on. So before we even break it down, what do we think about this strategy of just putting it in Avatar fire and Ash making exclusive despite the leaks, despite all the leaks, including another leak that happened earlier in the week with a very bad leak, very bad transfer of the new Spider Man brand, New Day at that point, so they are definitely scramming. They're definitely trying to need tight in their shit. But overall, David, what do you think about this strategy of just making exclusive to Avatar, Because I'll be honest with you, I don't think Avatar needs the help of an Avengers trailer to do it.
Speaker 2: I do not like this strategy strictly because it is solely tied to Avatar. If this was a situation where they put this out with multiple movies and you got one different one every week and they were just trying to help revitalize the movie industry, right now, I would be a little bit more lenient to how I feel about this, but the fact that this is solely a way to drive people to continue to see Avatar and run revenue up and ticket sales up. For that, I absolutely dislike it. And movie tickets aren't cheap. Yes, I have a list. Other people have other ways that they are able to watch multiple movies a month and things like that. But if you don't and you're trying to go see this, that's anywhere from ten to twenty bucks just to be able to see this and to see Avatar again. I watched the first Avatar, I did not watch the second. I don't plan on watching the third. And for them to use this as a to reel me into something that's already going to make money, I'd rather you attached us to that Timothy Shalloon May movie or something else, or a new movie every week to just drive people to the theater. If your big thing is to have them see these teasers in theater, don't just attach it to one movie that you have to see four times over four separate weeks. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I and you know, for us, for us in the know, and for us that I kind of lives and breathes kind of stuff. The content creators. You know, they've always said, oh, we're just gonna put in theaters, and nine times out of ten they end up putting out the week week of at that point or the day it goes out, and we know we're getting it. But this is the first time they've really stuck to their guns besides the leaks. And I selfishly, I don't like it because it kind of puts us in a bind of having to go to leaks. And I mean, I'll be honest with you, David, and I necessarily don't didn't really want to do it, go at it for the leak, but neither one of us are going to be paying to see Avatar four times. And for you, all the listeners who want to see us and have us break this down, you know, we're doing this because we enjoy doing this. We want to put it out there for those of you that also like us that we're not going to see Avatar four times. I'm going to see it. I don't know when I'm going to see it over my break, but I'm also not rushing out for purposes to see it for this trailer alone four times. I you know, it's an extra thing added into for the general audience to get kind of excited about this, to remind them that don't aren't in the stratosphere of always watching all the content. Those that know, I've always known this. This is the build up hype for Avengers Doom's Day. What I will say is I don't like it as a content creator, but I will say this, and I'll play Devil's advocate. I'm not saying I agree with it, but now they have four weeks of dialogue about Avengers Doom's Day, That's where I'll say, like, I don't it's I don't like it, but that's where they're thinking. But I still don't think that it was the best move. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Again, I understand their reasoning. I just I don't like that they've only attached it to one movie and you're driving up viewership for something that honestly does not and will not need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So you know we're it is what it is, and that's why we decided we're still going to break it down because especially with some of the trusted people who are in the know and have seen Avatar have basically in so many words, confirmed that what was leaked is the trailer at that point that David and I had seen, so so we feel comfortable breaking this down and doing doing this so kind of looking at further of it. So as we you know, we'll we'll we are not going to be pulling it up on screen because again they'll be they have they have struck a number of uh you know, copyright strikes and things like that, but we will pull it up on our end to break it down for you in case you have not personally seen it. So it does start off with with we get stee, we get a man that we know is Steve Rogers riding on a motorcycle. Now, as we know, Steve Rogers has been very much always about riding on his motorcycles.
Speaker 2: So and Steve in the comics is on his motorcycle a lot. We've have various images throughout the MCU of Steve on a motorcycle, including that seen from Age of Ultron. We have a motor motorcycle in Captain America First Avenger, so it's it's not new to us to see him with the motorcycle.
Speaker 1: And one of the other things too is you know some people have pointed out like the year the bi and things like that, it could be different now with always with trailers, especially with this one too, that they could be also playing with time, you know, and how scenes are shot and put together too, to kind of make things like look like they're happening all in the same area. I think they're also playing with this also. The overture that is playing is the Avengers scene you hear with just a simple piano that they've done before. So Steve gets off the bike and you know, you know, very kind of classic helmet living on a suburban street. You know, we don't know the exact time, our year he's living in at this point, because we know he's come back. This is the house he showed up with Peggy at the end of endgame, you know, walking up the steps and we get to see a look at his what was basically his endgame costume and taking it out of the drawer. Now, something you know kind of going into this at this point is you know, as we said, we don't know. We know sometimes passed as a big reveal will happen a little bit. But do you think, David, that Steve came to this when he met with Peggy and just put down the shield, put down his uniform and officially retired, or do you think he stayed on his CAP for a while to maybe fix some wrongs and eventually retired or went into kind of semi retirement. What do you think.
Speaker 2: I think he went into a semi retirement more of a hey, I'm back, I'm here for you, but also as needed when big things happen. He may have done some sneaking around Cap and just you know, out here doing kind of like what we just read about in Spider Man, where you know he would make business trips, but during those business trips, when big things happened, he couldn't help but be that hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like it's always hard because again he's he was always the one to say say, like, you can't just sit there and let evil triumph. You know, he even making the hard choice. That's who Steve Rogers is, even without the shield. So you see him take it out kind of take a look at it, and it's an amazing uniform. I love the endgame one, but but look at this, like he takes it out of a drawer. But then we kind of get a new cut to him putting it in a chest. So something has happened, you know where he's putting it away. And when you're putting in kind of a chest like this, it doesn't seem to me you're going to be taking You're looking to take it out again, You're looking to put it aside, move on with your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. To me, when I think about a lot of comic book movies that we've seen in the past, the chest is where they keep the costume when they're ready for action. I think of Daredevil having it in the closet, hitting around. I think about Spider Man in his apartment ready to you know, kick open that chest and grab that costume mouth. So I wonder if this is more of this is my quick action chess versus I'm locking this away for good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, that's an interesting way to put it, But you're right, it just kind of seemed like the reason I went to kind of putting it away is like he takes it out of the drawer at that point. But then again, we don't know the sequence of this, but like he's closing it, you know, ending his chapter. That's kind of where I was kind of thinking of the symbolism of instead.
Speaker 2: Of closing the proverbial door or chest on his time as Captain America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so as we go forward, we go it's not just Steve we get we now get Steve Rogers is officially a dad. And David, I know you want to say it because we're all thinking it at that point. What did she Hulks say, Captain America. Yep, So yeah, Steve is a dad. So we we don't see Peggy in this, but it is the house and anything like that. So Steve is a daddy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: You gotta assume at this point that that was part of the plan when he went back. That's part of what he wouldn't talk about with Sam when Sam asked him, do you want to talk about it, and he said no, I don't think I will. You know that this is part of what he decided to go back and create an entire life that he never got to lead because he was out here being cat yep, And I think that was It wasn't just the reveal of Steve, you know, officially being back at that point, but that he is a father and I'm guessing that's the son. It's kind of I'm just going off of just what I can tell, and he's looking very happily as a father and you know, then we looking totally on it. Then we get Steve Rogers will return and Avengers Doomsday, and that is our that is our trailer, or assume me that is our teaser. Forts So they chose to start off.
Speaker 1: With maybe the biggest one. And so do you feel out of the four things that we know that we have been rumored to come, it was going to be Steve Thor, doctor Doom, Avenger Full Avengers, Doom's Doom to say trailer. Do you think it was a right choice for them to start off with Steve.
Speaker 2: Rogers for if they're building up to the big trailer, I say yes, because he is the biggest name other than doctor Doom, and he is the when you start telling people, hey, Captain America is back, especially a certain section of people, that Steve Rogers Captain America is back, that will bring them in. So this, this is going to bring you in more than hey we've got another Thor. We know Thor's coming back, We've seen Thor, we know what's going on with him. Doctor Doom. He saved that one for last because it's Doom. But this is grab the people with the big name, with the your your captain is back here you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it wasn't necessarily the wrong choice to do, especially when you think about it in the sense of who the the Avengers Trinity is, being that Captain America the first Avenger, followed up by Thor. Then you know, then we've get Tony Stark. Now, this isn't our Tony Stark, but doctor Doom. As the Russos have said, this is a very this is a Tony Stark variant. This is not our Doctor Doom. They have been very clear on that many times, that this is a Tony Stark variant that is calling himself Doctor Doom.
Speaker 2: But again, so please don't get up in arms. This isn't the Victor you know from the comics. We have already established this is not the Victor von Doom that you know from the comics. This is a whole different avenue. So please calm it down a bit, very calm.
Speaker 1: But again, this is purposely this is our original Avengers Trinity here though that makes sense now, but I want you to pay attention. It said Steve Rogers will return at Avengers Doomsday. It did not say Captain America will return. A couple of things that I think about with that, Well, Captain America is not Steve Rogers anymore. Captain America is Sam Wilson. So there's one thing, there's honor amongst the shield being passed on. Two, there have been a lot of rumors going around even before this trailer leaked, even before this that when Chris Evans is rumored to be returning and signed back on that he would be portraying maybe different multiverse characters of Steve. I think we've talked about it, and I think we've done factor of fictions on this saying we'll be seeing more than one Captain America. We've heard lots of rumors for years, even with Doctor transon multi versus Maddening like Hydra Steve from Secret Empire. I think there's a very good possibility of that. I think there's even stronger possibility that Steve will take on the persona of No Mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's that's what I feel is after seeing this and thinking about the fact that Steve might have been doing some side hustling hero work and not full on Captain America, because again he gave up the Shield and everything, so I could see a situation where, yes, this is the nomad version of Steve Rogers, and he he would be respectful knowing that he gave this shield up, he gave that up, and this is where he's going from here on. So I could definitely see the version that we see in this trailer, not necessarily the main Steve Rogers that we're going to see in the movie, but the version from this trailer is the nomad version.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll throw another wrench into this mix as well, that we people make an assumption that when Steve brought back the stones and were supposed to put them back into place, that timelines were redone timeline, he respected the timeline and that he when he met up back with Peggy that was still this was still reality six one six, and that he just somehow existed throughout the time it has been there in a different form of Steve Rodgers. At that point, however, the Russos, and this was before they jumped on with coming back on for Doomsday in Secret Wars, that they have said that no, that's not what we feel at all. They have said that Steve didn't go back to the timeline. They have said that after on game he is on a different timeline. He is on a different reality, so that if they're gonna stick to what they said after I can't remember when that happened when they kind of a stat and kind of push back on that. But if this is a different reality, could this be a reality where Steve that Steve Rogers didn't come back. Could that be that he comes in and his reality and kind of you know that Steve didn't make it through, you know, his fight with Red Skull and everything like that, and kind of takes the position at that point. I mean, that's that's one thing. If we're going to take the rules of the face value, and there's nothing that says they don't change their mind, and they kind of he is on six one six, But I think that gets really that gets messy. Yeah, And it's always been a messy thing until they came out and said that, I can more accept that he's on a different reality because that's kind of what the ancient one had told Bruce Banner, like, there is no way once you go back and you you do this, that you will create other branches of timelines. You it's not that the die has been cast. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The main reason that I feel like this isn't our main earth this isn't Earth six one six is because of Sharon Carter.
Speaker 1: I feel like, who who's that?
Speaker 2: I feel like she would have recognized her aunt, Peggy's baby daddy had it been she made out the same person that she made out with. I'm that would be a little awkward. We don't kink shame. But again, this guy looks exactly like your uncle. There's there's something going on here.
Speaker 1: That's not your mother. It's a mad baby.
Speaker 2: So that that's that's my main reasoning for thinking that this is a separate Earth, because that would make a lot of events of Civil War just very very awkward, and it brings into more of a understanding of like how he shows up when he does, and like I said, it just gets really interesting. And it's what we always joke around saying, all these huge events come around were the Avengers. Steve just happened to stay in the background and kind of go going against what he said, but also in the sense of like he doesn't want to ruin a timeline, so someone could say that too, but I just I'm with you. I don't think this is Earth six one six or Earth nineteen ninety ninety ninety nine, whatever, we're want to call him, No, it's it's definitely a branching timeline. I had a whole conversation with my girlfriend earlier about how multiversal theory and like it's got to be the minute he went back and he decided to have a kid, it branched off something entirely different, and that's the version that we're seeing, is the different branch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, let's take our it's for what I canna end up our only ad break for the evening before we kind of bring up a couple of points before to bring it to a close. So as you know, listeners, he's ad to help keep the lights on a gee cultimate alliance thatwork don't get to choose what adds come on, and they could be a bit loud to give her that three count before they come on three two one, we'll be right back and we are back, all right. So with that idea that we're both kind of on the page that this is a separate reality, you know, putting the duxtaposition of the idea that could be a earth either where Steve Rogers passed away, Because again, I don't think he's just gonna walk in and see Peggy and Peggy's just gonna hook up with him and be with him if she doesn't didn't have a prior relationship with a Steve Rogers, you know. Yeah, so there's that the implications how does this set up for Doom's day in Secret Wars as well as what does this play into Doctor Doom's issue with him? Could Steve going back and dropping up the stones and setting himself up in this reality being happy, being with Peggy having a child? Did this lead to negatively affecting Doctor do Doom's own reality in the sense of did he lead to an incursion on his world? Did it lead to did it lead to something affecting his reality in a negative way? Like something? There are rumors saying that it is going to be a fight. This is a fight between Steve Rogers. Movies focused very much on Steve Rodgers versus Door Doctor Doom's Tony Stark variant. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, in the past we have seen that both Cap and those that he worked with in the beginning had ties to Howard Stark. So what's to say that him going back to the past had a negative effect on Howard Stark and his enterprise that he was building, which caused a rift in there that could have made Howard then go into a different route, which would then pass down to Tony taking that different route as well. So that's kind of I wonder about how this affects that because we saw an agent Carter we saw in the First Avenger, we saw just in many different timelines of how Howard Startworth's working directly with these programs. So because of that, him going back in time, could that change the trajectory of Howard, which could then change the trajectory of where Tony went from there, and that's how he ended up in the space of Doom.
Speaker 1: Or is doctor Doom necessarily of is this from Steve's reality? You know something that he did, something that he villain, He faced down and he wanted to come down, Like you said, if Steve moonlighted or didn't necessarily fully put down the shield or to give up his vigilanteism, he did something to Doom and this is Doom's revenge, which leads to the idea of our end credit scene and Fantastic four is if interactions with Franklin Richard. Franklin Richard being a major Omega level mutant can have reality warping powers of the highest order, Doom is seeking him out to create a reality where he wants to rule and destroy all others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that there's so many different scenarios that I can think of to create this new version of Doom. I am just I'm very excited to see the face to face between Steve Rogers and this version of Doom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially as I said, like the first time they see his face and they don't see a Doom, they see Doc, they see Tony, and all of them know Tony is dead. But they have also said the Russo's have also said that Tony and the snap that he did had more effects than just wiping out Danus. You know, his snap did more to bring on this variant. And that's where and they keep on saying, like, you know again that Endgame, this is a sequel to Endgame. Who I didn't realize there were strands handing out there, you know, outside of what they there and this is all Sometimes what I worry too, is that they're going to it is what it is, retcons some things or put some things into place that say like, oh, it was always there. It really wasn't there, you know, it just happened to be a convenient thread that you just pulled on to say, see this one little thing, this proves it happens. I mean, we in the combook community to do it all the time, but you know, so it again. Overall it was it was a you know, a good teether trailer. It set up the idea of confirming Chris Evans's back, confirming that Steve is not necessarily being cath In Merrick at this point, He's a father and just like Steve is gonna go for anything, you guarantee you you step in front of Steve's not just his wife and I'm assuming he ain't Peggy or MegaNet married, but you step in trying to take away his son. At that point, what did Tony say in endgame? I got you know, get everyone back great. I will not compromise losing what I have gained from it. He even realized as a father, as a husband, but particularly being a father, that he would not ever do anything to ever compromise what he has gained. And I think that Steve is going to now understand what that is to a different to a to a very similar degree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as you and I both know, fatherhood changed you a whole different perspective, and I'd be excited to see what Steve's reasoning would be for taking back up the shield or taking back up the mantle is now that he's a father.
Speaker 1: Yeah so but as as you said, so we we have just right before air, we were able to get access to the the Thorum based on the descriptions that have been shared and been very consistent at that point and matches up. So we'll kind of wait and see. But if it ends up being the right one, set your expectations not high. This if that ends up being one eight is not going to be as kind of I mean, this was big, but this is this doesn't raise the same level. I think we're all now waiting on the Doctor Doom trailer because this will be our first look at Robert Downey Junior as this Tony Stark Doctor Doom variant, and I think that's that's the one I'm most excited for besides the proper Doomsday trailer. So yeah, agreed. So yeah, so that is our kind of breakdown at that point. So as I said, that's going to be kind of our main part of our show. Don't worry, we will deal post credits as ah, but we will take a break at least for right now until twenty twenty six with listener questions, Comic Book Club and Factor fictions. At this point, like I said, David and I are going to take the next two weeks off. Even if we do get a hold of the Doctor Doom one, just say we get it a hold next week, David and I are going to take a break. I need not from each other. We love each other, but you know we you know, we do this as much in the holidays for us are are very important and uh doing that at that point, but rest assured if we feel something that really it's got to really rise our attention the next episode we come back, we will break down everything at that point and we'll be very excited to because again we'll the Thor and possibly Doctor Doom maybe an Avengers Doomsday. I don't know. Will Disney come to their senses and just start putting this stuff out and try to come back the leakers, But I'll give them this, they didn't. They didn't blink. I thought they would, I really did. I thought with them on the leaks and everything that came out with this one alone, I thought they were gonna blink. But they're not blinking, so more power to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's they're they're definitely standing their ground on this one. So they've made a decision and they are all in on it. Ye.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, so like we said, we will be all for the next two weeks. Nothing in the feeds for that. We're we're gonna kind of keep go go dark with that at that point. But first Thursday in January we will do our trailer breakdown, So there's gonna be a chonky episode if any new because the Hollywood's also going to do it dark in the next for the next two weeks as well, So we'll also have mister Stell back on for the twenty twenty six predictions. We'll see, as I say, we will revisit our twenty twenty five and see who was correct and who got wrecked with their predictions. So it's always a fun time with that show. So David, tell people how they can follow you.
Speaker 2: You can follow me on all socials at the Fantom. You can follow me here on the geek First Network as part of the Gimmick that is our wrestling show where we cover things across all platforms of wrestling. I co host that with mister Travis Snell and mister s Bubb. So if you're into wrestling, come give us a visit over there at the Gimmick.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, I enjoyed your breakdown of a Saturday Saturday night at that point with mister Coldy. Just give me mister Sena's last match. I have to share with the offline my take on that. But but yeah, so you can also, as I say, you can check me out as always want every month on the Brave and the Boys YouTube channel for our uh pre order preorder show looking at the final order cutoffs of the new really released pre orders every month on that channel. Check it out and you can follow me in all the socials at Chris Balga. You can check out Marvel Lines on Twitter at Marvel a Podcast. You can follow the Gee Cultimate Alliance Network on Twitter at gapod network. You can email the show at Marble Alliance Podcast at gmail dot com. Feel free to tweet email for onvide feedback. Give us your again. Are putting it out there right now. We've already broken down this. We have seen the thor one. If you want to talk to us about that, fine, you know we are glad to have it and love to hear that and hear your thoughts about that. Continued rate review the Marble Line Solo feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, wherever you get your podcast, greatly appreciate it. And as we close out twenty twenty five. At this point, David, I definitely want to thank each and every one of you listeners, your viewers. Thank you for being a loyal listener, loyal viewer of Marvel Lines. We cannot do this without you. It is a great pleasure to do this weekend week out. We hope you've enjoyed our breakdowns this year twenty twenty six, We've got some bangers coming up at this point. It's going to be a heck of a year with Daredevil Borne again season two. We've got We've got, as we said, Avengrew's Doomsday, We've got Spider and Brand New Day. We've got some great here. I know we're going to start the Earth with wonder Man. That's going to be an interesting one to start off the year at the end of January, but we will be here for all of it. For those of you that celebrate the upcoming holidays, we wish you a very merry holiday, Very happy holiday. Stay safe out there, everyone, and as Dan and I would say, excelsior, true believers. All Right, David, our final post credits discussion for twenty twenty five. What do you have for us, my friend?
Speaker 2: Oh right, fun one? What movie or project originally slated for twenty twenty five? This can include anything that has been pushed back, canceled, or just fell off the face of the earth. Were you most excited about that you didn't get to see Wonder Man?
Speaker 1: No? No, I mean looking back at you know what we did in the previous episode of kind of looking at our our own rankings of where this kind of stuff was. I mean, the easy answer is there double born again. I mean, that's that's the easy answer at that point. But I would say, and I kind of hinted towards and it kind of said it in that episode too, that I was quite excited, surprisingly excited about Friendly Neighbor spider Man because it was new, a new Spider Man animated show. It ended up kind of really surprising me better than I thought it was gonna be, and it became just a it wasn't just a sweet version of just Spider Man. It actually dealt with some hard hitting stuff and didn't pull some punches with it, and I like the creativity they did with it. So yeah, born Again as the low hanging fruit. But I'd say you're friendly new but Spider Man for.
Speaker 2: Me, Yeah, that's good one. Out of what got release, I would say Daredevil was most anticipated out of what Never Saw the light of Day. I'm not gonna lie. I understand the reasons, and I one thousand percent back the reasons, but I am so sad that we are not going to be able to see what could have been with the King Dynasty.
Speaker 1: Fair, I mean I moved on from it, I mean an enter my thought process. But yes, you did say never see the light of day yet Kang Dynasty because I adore that story in the comics. I mean, if you if you want to see where the Avengers get completely wrecked more than thanis could ever do, read The King Dynasty by Kerk Busiek and George Perez because that is one of the best Avenger stories of all time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that, yeah, go ahead, that is one that I again, I every reason that they had for canceling, that they check all the boxes. I have no problems with them. Saying, you know what, we're not going forward. But the storyline itself just you know, came building his empire cross time, the large conflicts that was happening that just I want. I was so looking forward to seeing that. But then yeah, we we had to make a plot shift.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Joceph were made. Now, I would say out of movies, out of the three movies that came out, I think Thunderbolts was when it came down to it, out of the three, Thunderbolts was the one that I was excited about because I liked a lot of the characters and where they set that up, and it met my expectations and it was it was a true story that I wanted that met my expectations and then some a very personal story at that rate, so that if I had to pick a movie, you'd be that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I literally had the conversation earlier we were talking about that movie and someone they were saying that they were surprised when listening to the last episode that that would have been my pick out of my favorite of the movies and so and I told them, you know, given anything that I've dealt with mental health wise, anything my family's dealt with mental health wise. They go that the fact that it hit those beats, the fact that it touched on that in such significant manner, and the way that it dealt with that, I go to me that made it more important than any of the other movies released.
Speaker 1: Yeah so but all right, well, we will see you all in twenty twenty six. Happy New Year everyone, Hope you've enjoyed this, and uh again we will see you then. We've got a great year ahead of us. Stay safe out there and enjoy that break for all you that celebrate. Talk to you later, all right, bye bye, see you