Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny.
Speaker 2: Now here's your host, Cliff dunning.
Speaker 3: Well. I have news. I have very, very very good news. If you're a fan of Destiny. I love Destiny. I've enjoyed the work and the interviews and continue to enjoy interviewing people on a variety of topics that are personal growth, spirituality, wellness and in between, and the topics that are not necessarily suitable for Earth agents but are comparable and compatible. There you go. Hey, this is clip your host of Destiny, and I hope you are doing well today. My news is this, I have this amazing team in Pakistan headed up by Face Soul Parves and he has decided to create a YouTube channel for Destiny. And this means for the last five years, we're going to slowly edit and put up the variety of wonderful guests that we've had on this program and post it on YouTube. There will be a chance. It will be a chance for you to see many of your favorite authors on hundreds of different topics, including ayahuasca, the Akashik Records, psychic development, paranormal studies, and the list goes on and on and on. Even people like doctor Avy Love from Harvard working on alien probes, and it really opens the door for a lot more content. Not to say that we don't have enough. We have a ton of content. It's going to take him and his team several months to ramp up, but I am happy to announce that I just sent him a series of videos from twenty twenty three on a number of topics to get things started. So when he has that channel up, which is only going to be in a couple of lessen ten days, I will make that announcement. And then you can see many of the guests that we've had in a number of on a number of occasions, these guests have had graphs, have had photographs, have had illustration that you have missed. So what a great, great treat for me and obviously for you, because this adds is a dimension YouTube channel. Being able to see these guests in that channel adds a dimension as a yeah, adds much much more to the simple interview than I could ever ask. So now I don't know how successful the YouTube channel is, but I'm not launching it necessarily to have hundreds of thousands of people. That would be nice because then people will get a sense of exactly what is happening and see firsthand what is the story on many of these topics. But it's a benefit, it's a benefit, and it's fun. And heck, we record most of these interviews that you hear on video. We record audio and there's a video component as well, so stay tuned for that. Wow. Wow's that's a great announcement now if you are if you're a fan of Earth Ancients, remember we had a big announcement the relodge of Earth Ancients after a year and a half. So here we go. This is a fun addition for you and it makes it may, It gives uh a needed it elevates destiny and I appreciate it and I think the energy behind destiny is served. It's well served. So make sure you check it out. And again I'll make an announcement when you can go to YouTube and see these uh these videos. My guest today is a neuroscientist. She has herself suffered such a very young age of with migraines chronic migraines, to the point where she was basically having a migraine almost every day, and after years of suffering, she finally decided that she was gonna do some significant research over a decade's worth of research on understanding migraines and what the body does basically shuts down during one of these attacks, and she has made some groundbreaking discoveries which reveals a nutritional aspect of migraines. Now, the other thing, and this is what will come out in this interview today, is that her research has culminated in a nutritional supplement that is so effective it actually can be considered a biohacking tool. Only does it help people who have migraines, it appears to have potential health ramifications for people with dementia, Alzheimer's brain fog, which can be caused by a number of different topics, and most importantly help people relieve themselves of pharmacological remedies. The allopathic community does not have anything like this. In fact, their approach is to is to medicate rather than holistically innovate with different types of herbs, supplements nutritional remedies over drugs. And I was so impressed with this nutritional supplement that I am going to promote it as soon as possible, as soon as I get the information, and in the near future we'll talk more about it. I'm going to be kind of a guinea pig on my own and start taking the supplement, and I'll report on the benefits I have. I don't have I don't have headaches, I don't have migraines, but I do have brain fog occasionally. I am, like most of us, you know, under a certain amount of stress, and I need to stay creative. I need to have enough support mentally to write articles, trying to finish some books, and work with my team to produce Destiny, produce Earth Ancients, and on occasion, produce Earth Ancients Special edition, either the Archives or a special program, depending on who the topic or who the guest is, or what the topic is. So stay tuned for that. And the product is called brain Ritual. If you do suffer from debilitating migraines. And by the way, I was blown away to discover that over a billion people suffer from migraines. A billion, that is one in seven people suffer from migraines. It's just amazing. So listen closely. I think you're gonna find today's program intriguing. So today's program is overcoming chronic migraines and the Brain Ritual solution with my guests, Doctor Elena Gross. I didn't know that the world suffers from migraines. I just discovered. And by the way, our program today is on migraines. That a billion people on our planet suffer from migraines, and that's amazing. When I read that, I was a bit shocked. And migraines are different than headaches. We're going to find out the details here shortly. But my guest today is Elena, doctor Elena Gross. She is a specialist on this. She is the founder and CEO of a company, and she is a passionate neuroscientist, clinical researcher, and former chronic migraine suffering. I mean, if anyone could become passionate about it as somebody who suffers from migraines. So today we're going to discover not only the causation of migraines, but solutions for those of you who have chronic migraines. We're going to have a solution for you. So Elena, welcome to Destiny. Great to have you on the program.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. It's exciting to be here.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about you. In your work, you say that you were suffering from a young age with migraines. That must have been really a challenge because because the people that I know who have migraines, there is stabilitating. You can't really do a lot when you have a severe migraine. And what I've read about and I've only read a little bit, the suggestions are, of course, take your meds, but also go to a room, be quiet, shut the world off, and if you can, try to sleep, which I thought was kind of interesting. Talk a little bit about migraines. What's the what's the what's the background on migraines? How are they? How are they formed? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Thank you. So My backstory is, as you already just quickly mentioned, is that I started getting this very debilitating headaches with some other associated in terms such as a lot of light sensitivity, so light would heard, noises would heard, I would get six or nausea. Moving would make it worse, and I would actually wake up from it. So there was no way I could go to sleep and just sleep it off because the pain was so bad that it would wake me up. So there's no way of sleeping through it. And when I was waking up with this terrible headaches and everything was like spinning, it was basically the moment for taking painkillers that would maybe work had passed because it was already so bad. So yeah, some of this advice they go to bed, sleep it off. You know, you can do that with a headache, with a tension, take hebaite, not with the micraine. Microines are typically half sided, so that's a good sign that only half of the phase or the skull the brain is affected. Mine used to be predominantly right sided, but it can be both as well. It's more rare. They're pulsating and burning in quality, and they come with light noise, even smell sensitivity, so people get really sick when they smell perfumes and all of that. Sometimes even touch sensitivity and moving makes it worse. You get sick. And also in a third of sufferers you have this so called aura face, which precedes the headache face, and there you get kind of blackening out of the visual field. You get visual disturbances or sensory disturbances. So this goes from like blacking in our parts of the visual field, people think they have a stroke all the way to like paralysis or numbness of body, so almost like seizure like symptoms, and it's transient but still, and then you get this crushing fatigue. So even before you get yawning, frequent urination, you have this craving for foods, You get irritable, and afterwards you get this kind of like a hangover phase where your body is just rained, right, you just feel so exhausted. And these are kind of phases of the migraine. And this goes all the way from like I have one attack year to I have an attack every day or at least fifty percent of the time than you're in chronic migraine, which means very difficult. So this is where I ended up in. I started having these headaches when I was fourteen. Interestingly enough, half a year after I was prescribed the contraceptive pill for hormone deficiency, so they figured out I don't have enough hormones and then they gave me artificial hormones, which probably made everything worse. And the pill actually raises ooxitive stress, which are these free radicals that destroy parts of the body by fifty percent, so you're more inflamed. And this oxitive stress that we will talk about more, these like free radical bombs. They are also the common denominator of all migraine triggers, but basically for me, it only went downhill from there. I tried everything pharmacological, all the different drugs that they give you, like convolves in drugs, entity pressants that may work for migraine or not. I tried all the alternative stuff, Chinese, urbal medicine, acupuncture, but it only kept getting worse. So by the time I was halfways through my bachelor's degree in psychology, I had chronic migraine despite trying everything, despite leaving all the food triggers and going to bed and at a regular time, and taking all the drugs and trying everything right. And then I was thinking, well, I'm never gonna lead a normal life anyway. I will never be able to hold a normal jaw, so I might as well dedicate my life for a little bit of workforce and energy. I have left research, so I switched into neuroscience. I was lucky enough to get a stipend at Oxford in England and a medical doctor who was a migraine expert took me under his wings and I did both of my master projects in migraine research and stumped across the fact or the evidence that migraine could be as much a match ofolic disease as a neurological one. And the beauty of this finding is metabolism. So the way we make energy from food, in very simple terms, is something that you might know from diabetes, right, metabolic disease one of the most known one. But it's something that we can change. We cannot change the neurological heart wiring of our brain, right, the neural connections whatever, not yet, you cannot change our genetics, but we can influence metabolism. That's called epigenetics. We can totally change this. That's in our control even today. So this is very powerful. Took me a decade to figure out what you need to do. And I guess that's what.
Speaker 3: A horrible sad story though, because some people will just like go nuts without my pain, that my discomfort. Before we get into more details, can you give us the fundamentals of what is happening physiologically that is creating migrance? What is it expanded blood vessels? Is it something in the brain? Talk about the specific so that our listeners have an idea exactly what a migraine is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great, So I wish we would know too. One hundred percent certainty. But we published this quite highly what we think how the migraine is actually happening all the way from new genetics to the resolution of the attack. So let's quickly walk through this. So for a long time they thought migraine was a vascular problem, well for a long time, I say, for like the last fifty years, where they thought there was some vessels expanding and that presses against the skull and that hurts. But in the meantime this theory has been mainly debunked because we know that the dilation of the vessels is not in time coherence with the event, so it happens not before so after. So that doesn't really match. So no, I think there's a different explanation. We know that the physiological underlyking not the pain, is certain neuropeptides, certain molecules being released, and they hurt when they're around. They activate neurons, and that is pain. Right, So we know that, But why are these neural let's say, inflammatory molecules released in the first place. That's the question. And we can already say in my theory migraine. You already said a billion people in the world have migrained This cannot be an accident of nature. This is not a small nuisance mutation that is accidentally happening in every seventh person in the world. That's extremely unlikely. So that means, coming back to the ancient wisdom, that means migraine genetics must have had an evolutionary purpose an advantage. Otherwise those genes would have never been passed on to such a big degree. Right, Okay, so here we go. What is the advantage? Now? We know mechanistically migrainers' brains are hyperactive, so they are basically not habituating. And in simple terms, there's means if you without migraine were to look at a white wall or some stimulus that isn't changing, your brain at some point would drastically reduce firing because it only encodes for change. A miganus brain doesn't stop firing even if the stimulus isn't changing. It's hyperactive, so it uses more energy. And we know that even from your imaging studies, even between migrant attacks and Migan's brain on average has sixteen percent less atp or less energy currency in the brain. That's a lot sixteen percent less, so they use more energy. And again if we go back to ten thousand plus years people were maybe living in tribes around the campfire. Now you can imagine every seventh person lying around that campfire has this hyperactive brains. Those are the ones that wake up very easily and would save the tribe from the tiger approaching or whatever threat it could be, right an immigration.
Speaker 3: So you're looking at evolutionary wise as to certain people have this tendency because they have this chemistry in their brain that is hypersensitive. It's hyperactive.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, hyperactive, hyperactive, right, hyperactive. Yes, you need their brains fire.
Speaker 3: Me very fascinating price.
Speaker 2: It comes at a price. Now you have a hyperactive brain, it needs more energy. Now, ten thousand plus years ago, our salts would have been full of nutrients and minerals, our plants, and even a lot of meat and fat. It would have had a very energy dense diet. Genet takes from ten thousandlous years ago into the modern world where we are eating foods that is deprived of minerals nutrients. We are constantly having quick carbs and like fast food, and that cannot sustain those migraine brains anymore. Now you have a ferrari brain. Let's say, but you have a very small engine and it's just not sustaining it anymore. Now, what does the brain do. It has to warn us, right, it has tell us, look, slow down, it's not working. We're lacking something. But the brain cannot really talk to us, but it can warn us. So the migraine is the warning signal. The migraine is the fire alarm that there's a fire ongoing, that we're out of energy. And what does the migraine do. The migraine, as you already said, the migraine forces us to lie down, close our eyes, not move because all of that makes it worse. So it's an energy conserving behavior. The migraine tells us whoe. The pain is always a warning signal something is wrong, and it forces us to rest. So mechanistically we can explain all this. How you know the genetics hyper excitability, bad metabolism. Now this is where another part comes in. So the Miburner typically is not very adapted to our glucose or carbohydrate rich diets. So they have this more ancient maybe Pavio, let's say genetics just in simple terms, right, So metabolism is not wid or functioning so they have more energy demand met with less energy supply. It's a perfect storm in order to force us to rest to restore energy than these neuropeptides are released that hurt, and at the same time, the signals are being released to set off an ancient metabolism pathway which is keton body production, which will come into as well. So it's trying to make an alternative energy source to glucose for the brain to rest energy situation while you're lying down right, and then it's through the pain forcing you to basically rest until energy home mistakes has been restored and these very dangerous free radicals have been neutralized. So it's also trying to reduce this oxiative stress at the same time. So in an upshell, my brain is an evolutionary preserve, ancient warning signal that we need that we have too much oxi of stress or too little energy. And basically migrain has to be of evolutionary advantage otherwise it wouldn't be around today. So if we turn back to look at more like what life was like ten thousand years back, when people weren't crippled by migraines all the time, maybe we can help figure out.
Speaker 3: I love that. I think that's fantastic. I think the big problem though, is, and this is obvious to me, is the allopathic solution is just not happening, you know, to drug to mask it to cover, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to live without painkillers, right, But the modern medicine is turning off the warning signal. They're turning off the fire alarm because it's anoint but they're not ditinguishing the fire. So we've completely moved away from root cause treatments. A doctor doesn't have the time to drill down in any potential root causes, it's symptoms, and then they give you a treatment for this symptom. Now, everything around migraine apart from these antidepressants or anti convulsions that are off a migraine, but they work accidentally a little bit. They all impact metabolism by the way, all of them. But really migrant specific stuff is all painkillers, whether it's tonic or cute or whatever. The pain which is the most annoying symptom, but it's a symptom and it's a warning signal.
Speaker 3: Right, ask you about this. I love your your research and looking at an evolutionary approach.
Speaker 2: To this, especially for your podcast rights, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love it. What do you think in your studies was unique about these people that get migrants, was it? I mean you're saying they had early warning sensibilities, they could tell when some maybe they had a sixth sense. Do you think it's possible that it crosses over into high intuition high psychic ability.
Speaker 2: Now, a lot of I don't know too much about, let's say, autism or ADHD or these hyper sensitive people. But what I do know that a lot of these neuropsychiatric issues, they all have this hyper sensitivity component where light, doors, light noise, anything, sensory signals seems to be too strong. Right. They all seem to have this in common. And in a way, they're all connected to energy metabolism as well, So you can find mitochondrial dysfunction in almost all of them. That's one thing. So the powerhouses of the cells are not working as well anymore, and if they're not, Actually a bit more about neuroscience is one of the things that is the most energy demanding in the brain is actually filtering information. It's and you know this probably you know the cocktail party effect. Right, You're in a party or a room full of people and you can still listen to that one conversation even though there's like a million conversations around you. You can filter out all the unnecessary information but focus on the conversation you are having with a person in front of you. But if somebody else calls you your name across the room, suddenly you are stopping to filter and you can unfilter and listen to that again. Right, So this whole thing of like deciding what are we filtering, what are we focusing on? For example, you probably don't notice the chair under your bottom right now until I've mentioned it, and then you notice it, right, So you've constantly filtering and sitting on that chair and sitting here there's the air or noise or whatever. You're filtering everything out when you're listening to me, unless you focus your attention elsewhere. And this takes a lot of energy. Now, also something that is too bright, like filtering these things out take a lot of energy. So any kind of disease, neuropsychiatric disease, I would say condition, if it's a disease, well, it's debatable, right, Yeah, maybe all of these have solutionary advantage to them, but they have a problem with filtering and energy metabolism, and if these brains would have more energy and less inflammation, then these problems or issues, those symptoms may not express as much anymore. Now, what I said about migraine is really the migrainer having this brains that don't habituate, meaning they don't slow down firing when something doesn't change, so they don't have this energy conserving mechanism, which in today's world is shit because you want to sleep deep even with all the distractions going on. Right, So somebody who just sleeps deep and is filtering out everything intoday's world is adaptive. But if you go ten thousand years back and you have the deepest sleep, right, you probably don't survive the night. So it's depending on which environment you put the genetics into whether they are expressing let's say positively or negatively. Right. And maybe one last thing, because this doesn't have to be all about migraine. For example, depression. Take depression super common increasingly more common in today's world, Like people are so depressed left, right and center? Why right? Again, it's so frequent, it's not an accident of nature. These mechanisms must have had an advantage and when is there a moment that we are all kind of depressed in a sense that we withdraw. We don't want to meet people, We want to stay in bed when we're sick. So depression could be stemming from sickness withdraw behavior. So again we go back ten thousand plus years when we're living in a campfire and in a cave somewhere. Now, imagine somebody called a virus. Now, if they would run around hugging everybody happily and like, they would just kill the tribe. Right, So in that sense, when they got sick, everybody kind of gets a bit depressed. You don't want to see anyone. You just want to be on your own, in your bed, tucked away, no motivation to do anything. That's what depression was today. So in a way, you know thats out today with no metabolism and a lot of information, it kind of mimics some pathways of infection. So just to say anything that affects more than zero point five to one percent of the population, you can be almost true that it's not a genetic issue. That's an environmental issue, which means if we turn back in time and we mimic our environment a little bit, more closely to what it was back then. This could really be a remedy today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your migraines and your research led to your discovery and your company launch of brain Ritual.
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about that in a sec and I think this is wonderful that you were inspired enough to go beyond the simple pharmacological remedies, which are not remedies at all. They are band aids, right. And so before we get into this solution, the Brain Ritual, we're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, doctor Elena Gross, discussing her new product, Brain Ritual. Will be right back.
Speaker 4: Este comoas and los cuentos issus.
Speaker 3: For my guest today is doctor Elena. She has developed a new product that stems off the painful effects of migraines and looks to be a brain hack that could revolutionaries our ability to function in various states of stress. Talk a little more about the people that the one in seven who is the migraine sufferer, and it seems fairly metabolic to me, but there's also other situations where perhaps they're not getting enough exercise. Perhaps they're as you say, they have a depression or they have they're not very invigorated with life. This is something that isn't discussed a great deal. Do you think that the society's changes are so radical that they just can adapt, so they're not adapting well as a human being? Is that? Can you talk a little bit to that topic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can expand on that, and that's already a fair assumption that you just mentioned. Now evolue fuationary speaking, right, ten thousand plus years is a blink of an eye. Yeah, it's very very little to actually adapt to the drastic changes.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Ten thousand years is roughly the time when we started to have agriculture, and we know that Migraine. There's already records of Migraine about two thousand plus years back, so we know that it's been around for a long time. But it's been around for at least as long as asgriculture. Like modern living. Now, in the last five hundred years, life has changed even more drastically. Now, what has happened and to explain why migrants are maybe so maladapted to today's world, we might have to also dive into a little bit further back into the ancient world to understand what power houses in our cells are. Now, there's so called mitochondria in our cells that are basically responsible for most of the fuel for the energy that we're making. Mitochondria actually ancient bacteria. So if we go back millions of millions of years now, not just ten thousand years, we will end up in a world where there's just an ancient soup and there's a little like single celled organisms, and there's these bacteria floating around and oxygen has just appeared in the atmosphere. Now, oxygen can be very damaging. We know this from like food getting rancid. You know, that's oxygen damaging our food. We know this from free radicals that's little bombs, reactive oxygen species. They can also damage our skin if we're aging. Those are more around now. These little bacteria swimming in the soup, they were now encountering this oxygen that was damaging them. They needed a shelter. And then we had single celled organisms just one cell basically floating around and they wanted to grow, they needed more energy. So this is the most ancient coalition that has formed, and it's still around today. Is that these bacteria fused with a single cell organism and they told them all, I'm gonna make you energy if you protect me from the Oxford stress. So these ancient bacteria are still to round around in every single cell and they're still making our energy. But they're bacteria in origin. Right, So we know a lot about our gut and the whole microbiota. But I'm gonna say these micro these bio biota or bacteria, an even more important. So without them, we don't Without them working well and thriving inside of us, we are not making enough energy. And every single thing we do, whether we move, whether we think, whether we're sleep, whether we're eating, whether we're fighting viruses, needs energy. Every single organ, everything single thing that goes on in the human body requires energy. Now these break down, nothing works, and the first organ that is not gonna work is our brain because it's only making up two percent of our bottle mass. But twenty five percent of our energy goes to this organ right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah read working contract, Yeah, go ahead, a lot of energy.
Speaker 2: Now, why did I have this whole excursion to those ancient mitochondria because a lot of what we do today, basically almost everything we do today hurts our mitochondria. Whether this is perfumes, toxin perfumes, Whether this is too much sunlight radiation, whether this is antibiotics, whether this is a process food diet, whether this is working nonstock and multitasking all day, whether this is late night watching TV and blue light ratings through our skin or our eyes. All of these things, toxins, diet, lifestyle, all of these things damage the powerhouses and all cells. This ancient mitochondria. Now, if you have a migraine genetic right, Remember, migrainers have a higher energy demand, and they have problems already fighting this opposite of stress. And now we put them in the world that damages energy metabolism, of course they're not going to do well. They're the canary in the coal mines. They're the ones where everything is going to explode quicker than somebody who even needs less energy. So, long story short, you asked, what does what happens to these migrat patients if we put them in today's world, will their energy system are going to break down? They are not so good in fighting these bombs, they're not so good at neutralizing these free radical bombs, and so their brain is going to run out of energy quicker and their brain has more demand. Now, of course there's hormonal migraines. There are other reasons why you can have migraines as well. Can be nutra agency. So if you don't have enough magnesium, your energy system is not going to work out well if you don't have vitimin d. Of course, that's also all metabolic and even hormones. So people that get hormonal migraines they don't realize female hormones are not just for reproduction. They're very potent antioxidants. They're the hormones that neutralize this oxidtive stress. So if your levels go low towards your period, you've lost your shield. Of course you get more migraines. Also, female hormones are responsible for insulin sensitivity, so how well we can use sugar that also diminishes towards our period. Right, So there's different stresses, and then even psychological stress on a cellular level looks like physical stress. So psychological stress makes free radicals, makes these bombs. So next time you fight with your husband or boss or partner, or you say yes to everything, you are creating these bombs. Right, So it's important, might be impatient, to conserve energy, to say no, to think about how you receive messages, and maybe get rid of toxic people in your life if you can, because.
Speaker 3: That's wow, it's a real formula, get rid of toxic people in your life. I meant to throw out there at the very beginning that it affects women and a higher degree than men. Migraines and talking about hormonal changes and women have their minstrel cycles and that's a huge flow issue. But you're also giving us an overview of some of the causation, which I think is important.
Speaker 2: I want to get into a women's cycle. So men are lucky that they have their homemone level stable the whole time, so they kind of have this shield around the months. Women's cycle so towards the end of the months they lose their shield. So I think this one reason why they could be more vulnerable and support of that. In the second and third trimester of pregnancy, when hormone levels are crazy high in women, my WIN frequency goes down drastically on average. Wow, and before puberty it's one to one boys and girls.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's let's get into the the idea behind brain ritual. Yeah, obviously your research came up with some aha moments, not only nutrition, but perhaps physical activity and other things. What's the what's the uh the idea behind brain ritual. It's kind of pulling. It seems to me. It's like pulling all these areas together in a homeo homeo holistic, holistic kind of the word I was thinking of. So give us the give us the evolution.
Speaker 2: Yes, bring then things were letting me introduce this here. So the fox frame looked like this brain ritual will be rebranded in a little bit. But basically what this brain ritual is, it is turning to the past for future. It's basically ancient wisdoms. A lot of the things that we have discussed that could be deficient, that we could be deficient of today. Put in a single medical food product. So you can see all of these ingredients. They're all human identical ingredients to support metabolism. In a way, it's a one stop metabolism show. What is injurer. The key ingredient is a so called ketone body. Now, this is the ancient fuel that humans have basically lost and is so important for brain health. A keton body is a small chain fatty acid, small fat derived molecule that used to be produced when we're fasting or when we're deprived of carbohydrates. For example, ten thousand years back, humans were in keytosis, making these keton bodies a lot of the time. And it turns out that small fatty acid is a very potent fuel source for our brain. It's more efficient and the preferred new fuel source for the brain over glucose. Now the way we live today, the way that we eat all the time, and that we're very carbohydrate dependent. Basically, a baby is still born in ketosis. A human baby and keton bodies are essential for brain growth and intelligence and the brain development the first two years, but as soon as they're weaned and they're put on a Western diet, basically keitin body production in the diver almost stops entirely. So for one, this is bringing this ancient fuel back into the modern world, but without trying to make you fast all the time, because that can be a migraine trigger as well, dractically changing your diet which may introduce stress, and then the stress causes migraines again. And additionally, in today's world, sadly, our soils are very much deprived of keynutree. First, we don't eat a lot of nutritious foods sometimes, but even if we are right, I try to eat healthy. What isn't in the soil is not going to end up in your food, so it's not going to end up in your body. And a bit like a car needs more than petrol, So the keton bodies are the petrol, but it also needs water and oil and other stuff to keep the engine running right, So this similar to this, Our bodies need electrolytes, trace minerals, antioxidants that soluble water, to soluble vitamins, amino acids, and a whole bunch of stuff to make energy, so called cofactors, so that your enzymes in the body can do their job. Now this has a lot of them, I would say, the key ones in them. A lot of them, at least a third studied in migraine trials as well in the right doses for migraine in it to support metabolism, and if you have a deficiency in one of these ingredients, it will replace them. So it's a one stot energy metabolism show for migraine. And basically it is taking engine wisdom it's taking what we had as a human species ten thousand years plus for our brain health to be able to afford ferrari brains and every seventh person to protect us from a tiger even today. So if you fix energy metabolism right, then your threshold for a microan attach should go up because the brain doesn't warn you of an energy it doesn't have to warn you of an energy deficiency anymore. I would say this is not the solution for everyone. Like, if you have severe hormonal migraine and you have just a lack of hormones, you probably need to see a bioidentical hormone specialist because this is not replacing hormones because not everybody needs hormones, right, So this is not in the formula, So please go and see a specialist if that's the case. But otherwise it's not doing any harm. Right, It's all human identical, highest quality ingredients and design for migrain and me. Right, So I have less than one day migraine a month, I'm down from twenty days. I didn't have a life worth living.
Speaker 3: I have amazed twenty days of Migrainekay.
Speaker 2: It was not a real life worth living, and I don't looking back. People ask me like, how did you do it? I have no idea, And I know there's so many listeners out there or people out there that still have panic migraine and just want to say, your warriors, you're doing amazing. I know you feel like you let everybody down because of your pain, but my goodness, are some of the bravest people I know in the world for sure, and they give in for their family and are really warriors. And the sad thing is it may not be necessary, right, So this is the hopeful message. I have developed a four pillar program as well, you can find on my website which is including lifestyle changes in case you cannot afford this sessil so a lot you can do to make your lifestyle more like it used to be ten thousand years back, without starving or freezing in a cave. I promise I water an adaptation of that ancient wisdom. But yeah, so that's that's the message I want to give. And yeah, ratual it's a ritual for your brain. You need to take it every day to keep your brain healthy and flourish and hopefully for it to not need to turn on a warrant signal. All the time.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny because when I was reading the ingredients in brain ritual, it's almost it's more than just for migraines. It may be for brain stability.
Speaker 2: It's so true reading the higher because of migrain but literally, and that's what we're thinking as well, like it is a brain ritual for brains, period, for healthy brits.
Speaker 3: And I mean, have you tested it for other possibilities? Have you tested it for It may increase people's intuition, It may increase people's intelligence, you know.
Speaker 2: So glad you mentioned this. I didn't want to oversell it, but we have had a lot of case reports. We had one person with depression gate of all and essence. We had a person with autoimmune disease reach out that got much better. We had a person with diabetes even get of diabetes medication because diabetes can be metabolic. So I'm not going to say, because we didn't have don't have trials on this, that this is the remedy especial neuropsychiatric issues of brain function in general. One of our investors is a cyclist, and yeah, like a competitive cyclist, and he said he can go without food on a bike ride for like four hours and his performance is still better. We have people that had so much energy they couldn't fall asleep at night, so they have used their dose a little bit. And we are doing depression trial right now, we don't have results, and we are doing an Alzheimer's trial.
Speaker 3: I was just going to say brain deterioration, dementia, Alzheimer's. I mean it seems like something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of there's a lot of evidence that when you have Alzheimer's, you kind of have a type three diabetes in your brain, which means the brain turns insulin resistant, which means it cannot use glucose anymore. So without energy, neurons are starving and they're just degenerating. Right, So keiton bodies use an alternative transport system to the brain, so they're completely insulent independent, which makes it a perfect rescue energy for people, or a good rescue energy potentially with people with Alzheimer's. So we haven't started the trial, but there's quite some good evidence that this could also help there. We only have individuals trial trying, so I don't want to promise and I'm not giving any medical advice here right this is just research and personal your doctor before you do and anything, please, or your medical professional. But I'm glad you're bringing it up because I think the potential is pretty big. Why because humans were designed to have keton bodies and nutrients around. That's how we were designed as right, that was the news. Time is a blink of an eye. It's not enough time for everybody to adapt to this new environmental situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, we should mention that it's a powder you dissolve into a glass of water.
Speaker 2: Right, water, exactly good. You mentioned. So it comes a little like stick packs or sashets and water, no sugar in it. Some hate the flavor, some love the flavor. It's very individual. We're coming out with a new flavor in August as well, and I'm going to send you some. If you want some extra brain power, you can tell me what you think and if you want, we're very happy to give some exclusive discount to your listeners that do want to try.
Speaker 3: So you talk about that because we have a lot of people listening and we can talk about Let me put you on the spoty, Lena. I hate to do this to you, but can you provide some case studies of people that perhaps were in a trial group that had you know, uh, problematic migraines that followed your brain Ritual program and had good results. Can you talked maybe about some people that.
Speaker 2: You were Yeah, and you can if you're interested. We have quite a few of these testimonials published on the website, so guys, you can check out all videos. You can check out some of the written testimonials. So we had some really touching ones. One even came with a photo of one chronic migraine patient who just got a some kind of a belt color and take one door. She started a take one door sport and got a belt.
Speaker 3: And taekwon do. Yes, I guess I was listening. Okay, sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Was a acorodiation.
Speaker 3: I figured it out.
Speaker 2: I figured it yeah, yeah, yeah. So we had another patient her daughters only know with migraine, and the third around thirty and since starting brain Ritual, she had a couple of weeks migraine free and her children never knew her without migraine. In we had another one that sent us a family photo. Then went to an adventure park you know with a roller coasters, like a fun park, and that's like the worst place to be for a migrant. Everything is loud and screaming and you know, lights and everything. And she said it's the first time she could join her family going into a fun park. And she has been migraine free for eight weeks. She hasn't been without a migraine for five years, a chronic migraine. She hadn't had a single attack in eight weeks. They went to the fun park and see she survived that a miraculously without a migraine thanks to very ritual.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So these are the super responders, right, We have some we have some that half the microine frequency, and in all transparency, we have somewhere it doesn't really help, so they must look for some other root calls, like, for example, that hormone deficient and well maybe they have some toxins in addition. So it doesn't help for everyone. But we have very touching stories where it's life changing and they really send us like, let's changed my life, and it's worth it for every single person and makes all the hard work pay off. Whenever we get a testimony such.
Speaker 3: As that, we're gonna take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves and we will return shortly with my guest today doctor Elena Gross, discussing migraines and her solution, brain Ritual. Will be right back with you shortly. Oh, a full a check up for the day. There's not one who as once one hundred degrees burns feed.
Speaker 2: Won't you drink with me?
Speaker 4: We have in the town she wants about the show.
Speaker 2: Makes of it.
Speaker 3: My guest today is doctor Elena Gross. She has developed a holistic remedy for migraines and also brain deficit in a product called brain Ritual. For more information, you can go to brain ritual dot com and get all the details. It sounds like you have more positive responses than negative.
Speaker 2: One of the things the negative positive. I have to say one thing, if you just this is full of new chients minerals. So if some people have very sensitive GI systems like sensitive stom like, so if you started too quickly, you can get diarrhea and gastro intestinal upsets. That's basically the only side effect unless you're allergic. So we're now recommending people to slowly ramp up. Because our modern GI trucks are not used to NU chains anymore, right, so they are like easy, What the hell? I haven't seen that in a long time.
Speaker 3: So will you make a good point, because I was looking at the five seas of of uh migraines are cheese, chocolate, coffee, cola, and strangely citrus fruit is what it showed up on Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are interesting cases. So for those that are histamine all of these have like a histamine connection. So if you're histamine sensitive, those matter. For me, I can eat all of these again. Right, if you fix the energy situation, then sometimes all of these like triggers that are histamin tree may not even matter anymore. So for all my life, I tried to like avoid red wine and citrus, and I avoid chocolate and in the end and it didn't really matter. So if you are fixing your metabolism and you're improving that, you can try to introduce these foods and enjoy them and see what what happens. I mean, some still have to avoid these histamine liberators, but some don't. I'm a person who can can eat these things again. I can even drink red wine again.
Speaker 3: Within Oh my god, that's fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 2: I eat dark chocolate. I eat a lot of dark chocolate, and it's supposedly so bad and I mean Swiss cheese.
Speaker 3: Come on, I also sist Europe if you don't eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it would be very sad without it. So there's a vpe even there, even in these very common triggers. So modern medicine, for the lack of a better alternative, I guess they numb the pain and they try as to avoid the triggers, which makes sense, right, And so the trigger factors a kind of what makes the the bucket overflow. But what I'm trying to do is empty the bucket so that a few drops of whatever cheese and wine and what is not having the bucket will pull. But if the bucket is full every day all the time, right, a few drops of cheese or whatever will make it overflowing. You if consonant migraine. So really it's about emptying the buckets rather than trying to avoid the triggers that make the bucket overflow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, the other thing I keep thinking about when you're talking to me is like here in the United States we have something called biohacking, where people are ways.
Speaker 2: I love you say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to talk a little bit about that in a minute, because you sound like you have a product that's a biohack for the brain function. And one of the things is it's lifestyle change but also taking certain nutrients and uh, there's a couple of guys that take like handfuls of vitamins, which is kind of too much for a lot of people, including myself. But have you thought about this uh brain ritual as a potential bio hack for people who not necessarily necessarily haven't?
Speaker 2: I used to think of that, And it's funny to say that because I've been thinking about this for for this episode, and I was thinking as myself a bit like a biohacker, you know, trying to hack your.
Speaker 3: Own You're totally a biohacker.
Speaker 2: But to be to be fully true, I think it's a return to instead of a biohack, it's a return to evolutionary biology.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a return to eaching wisdom. I don't know if they knew, but it's a definitely return to evolutionary biology.
Speaker 3: It's also could be.
Speaker 2: What was in our lives before. Maybe you can call that biohacking because we're figuring out something that needs to happen in our own bodies. But I like to think of it as a return to our evolutionary biology.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if you can address this at all. Have you had any clients slash patients slash subjects have improved or seem to have greater brain function on a maybe a you know, they can think quicker, they can process data better, you know all that. I mean, I didn't even ask you that because we're talking about preventative from migraines. But as a bio hack, this ingredient package that you have could be an enhancement.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And that's also one thing we see is that you get more mental clarity, you get less distraction, less noise, You might not need your afternoon snack as much. You can have this instead of caffeine. Right, you might be less reliant on coffee for your brain's energy or your brain's clarity. So it's something that students could take right to prepare for tests. We see it's used or could potentially use. Some athletes have tried it also to get more even if you run. I mean, for one, the heart loves ketones as well ketone bodies. But also you need to be very focused in sports, right, so it obs your brain perform during sports as well, so that's some of the things that we also see kind of like as a side effect, but that could eventually be the main focus.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, So I think that's great.
Speaker 2: Brain properly is not only good for migraine. And that's one of the things that I realized when you start looking at problems from an evolutionary lens rather than a symptom lens, Like you have this in this symptom cluster, and then you have X disease, and you have this symptom cluster, and then you have X disease. You don't have this all of these symptoms yet, so you don't have a disease, but maybe you are on the way to that disease. All of these are like continuum, and the symptoms are depending on your genetics, they can be quite different, but the root car problem can be very similar. So somebody who has a lack of focus and fatigue could be on the way to eventually maybe having Alzheimer's or not, but the root cause to that could be very similar to somebody who has a different genetic and they have severe migraine. It can be a different part of the continuum. So for some it's really bad. For some it's low symptoms, but the root issue can be related, and that's why the brain of a migrants person is somewhat different. But when it comes to metabolism, all brains are a little bit alike, right, They need certain nutrients. They probably benefit from keto bodies. The only thing I want to say is does everybody profit from this? If you have all the ingredients, all the nutrients, electrolytes, trace minerals, and you have adapted perfectly to glucose metabolism, we all know these people. They're very slim, they don't sleep, they can eat what they want, and they seem to be fit and healthy. They barely sleep, right, they don't gain weight. These people have probably adapted to the modern world better than others. So there's at some point there's a ceiling effect. Right, If your brain is perfectly fueled, adding this doesn't add any benefit, right, maybe some prevention, we don't know. But for a large proportion of us, our brain is somewhat underfueled and somewhat lacking some nutrients. It's not yet a full blown disease. Yeah, it's not optimal either, right, So even in these cases, it seems very likely that it could help and from the few. I mean, for example, from our investors they're not sick that try this. Like one our lead investor from the last rook, he's just distributed this in his like friendship investor circle, and people like, oh my god, I had long COVID and now I can think again in the afternoon. Right, I don't know if this afternoon slump or somebody with depression or people could actually feel a difference taking it. And there's very few things in a world where you can actually feel a difference. Yeah, so that really helps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a daily supplement, right, you take it every day? What do you suggest with breakfast or midday?
Speaker 2: What time of the day are you seeing ideally, Well, if you're sick at least, so if you were quite deprived, then I didn't you take it twice a day, So that was early afternoon. So that because your brain also needs energy all the time, right, so then it's better to have it twice a day if you're just looking for an extra boost. You can also sip it throughout the day. It's very stable in water, so you could fill it in your bottle and just drink it next to you next to water. Yeah, you can take it fast in the morning. If your gut is robust, if you have issues gast intestinal, it's better to take it after food. We don't really tell patients they need to take it with food or not. It's best to experiment. When you tolerate it, best you can sip it throughout the day. If you hate it, you can take a shot and just get over with it. But what is recommended, especially if you are suffering more from it, is you can also take half a Sasha in the morning if you just want to do one and half a Sasha in the evening, or if you have really a chronic biofrequency migraine you might need to sasha is actually you take one in the morning one in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Okay, do in a bottle of water and drink it through out date.
Speaker 3: Let's tell people how they can get it, So give us the information on how people can order the product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the website is brain ritual dot com. You can just order it there. But ideally, I mean you're launching tomorrow, right, so we would give you a link specifically that you can put in the show notes where people can get a thirty dollars trial discount, and so that's quite substantial on the first box. So they can just click the link and they get a discomecode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so those of you listening, I'll have the link on show notes as well as the doctor Gross's website, her general website, so you can kind of read about her own journey of discovery, torture and then discovery and all the other details. So that's fantastic. This is I think for a lot of different people. By the way, let's give them the price. What's a it's a thirty day supply, right, one box is thirty days and I think was it one hundred US for thirty days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety nine. So sadly it's very expensive to make and pwices increasing all the time drastically, so that's why it is coming in at a price. But it also means you look think the most bioavailable, best quality ingredients. Plus it's basically replacing your multi vitamin or whatever else you might be taking, apart from omega'srez because they taste discussing, so they're not in there. But it's got a lot of the other things in there that you need for daily functioning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if people are living in the United States that's shipped. Is the factory in Switzerland or where is it locate?
Speaker 2: No, we moved all the manufacturing to the US. Oh my god, in FDA registered facilities.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's going to be not too bad. This the one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Includes the shipping or no includes shipping.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's pretty good then.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I have a lot of listeners in Australia and in Canada.
Speaker 2: To the Canada, but in Canada doesn't include shipping, so Canadians have to pay shipping because that's more pricing. Okay, but we can still deliver. We can ship to Canada.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I'm going to have all the details in our show notes. And uh, I want to try it because for the bio hacking I'm trying to write.
Speaker 2: About, you get a box and tell us what you feel at the occident is the best thing you can do for aging two and possibly prevention. So it doesn't see downside unless you don't like the taste, but then we're coming out with new flavors.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, what's the taste. It's a lime taste, isn't It's orange?
Speaker 2: It's orange and it's a little bit orange pine apple ish sounds great, so it's a bit tropical, and it's stevia sweeteness, so there's no sugar inside. It's all natural flavors. Yeah, and orangements, so no coloring agents either.
Speaker 3: Brain ritual. Doctor Elena Gross, fantastic having you on the program. Any last words before we let you go in this discovery, the self discovery. What a wonderful gift you're giving people in this.
Speaker 2: I think it's maybe maybe two last things. Fuel your brain to manage migraine, that's the first, and the second is always listen to your body. I know you will hear a lot of conflicting information from many different experts, but your body knows best. So we have to try and learn how to listen to our body again and it will tell us what's what feels good for us.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny you keep mentioning in our interview today and I'm wondering if there's a weight loss aspect in this product.
Speaker 2: You know you'll lose, but actually you know, weight loss is happening in your brain or weight gain is happening in your brain. And this is maybe an important concept that we can give people that do not have migrain before we're off. But weight gain happens if your brain tells you you're hungry. Right, weight gain is not a willpower problem. It's facing your brain saying, look, you need to eat more with starving. If you're trying to get your vitamins and your nutrients from cookies, you have to need a lot of cookies until you've met your demands. Right, so we have a very poor quality diet. Your brain would be like, we're lacking stuff. Keep eating, and then you're eating, you're overeating, and then your insulin resistant, which means that glucose doesn't get into the cells anymore, especially not in the brain, which means your brain is literally starving. Even though you have a lot of access calories. Your brain is starving. Now you put ketone bodies and a full nutrient support into the picture, suddenly your brain will say, oh, we wait a minute, we have fuel. We do not need to eat. Come down out and fere less hungry. Now, if you still eat because you have a habit of overeating, you will not lose weight. But listen to the signal of you you're finally satiated. You don't need more calories because you don't need more nutrients than lose weight on the problem. So we've had people lose weight. A couple of people that reported this, my goodness, tend to be sometimes very slim because the energy deficients, so then they don't lose more weight. But if you are overweight, it can probably help. So if any of you guys as trying it for weight loss, do reach out. Please. We love no matter what you try it for, right, We love to hear from you, so we have in for that brain ritual. You can always send us any we're looking forward to hear from you, or all the social media channels. We're everywhere. Brain ritual. Yeah. I love to hear from your journeys and experience. Always happy to learn more.
Speaker 3: Fantastic. Hey, this has been really enlightening and I think you got something there and I'm glad that the product is built for migrain sufferers, but I'm looking at it for reviving fatigued brains like mine.
Speaker 2: It's made for you because you're looking at the ancient wisdom, you're looking at ancient civilizations, yes being podcasts. So this is definitely the ancient fuel and the ancient nutrients that you go with your podcast.
Speaker 3: Fantastic Elena, wonderful having you on the program and continues success.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. Clive, It's gonna blast, really fun, great, great to be here.
Speaker 3: I have good feelings about this brain Ritual product. If you look at the ingredients, and by the way, it's brain ritual dot com. You can see the entire program, the case studies, the videos. Everything very well done. If you study the nutritional guidelines and what they've put into this powder, it's pretty impressive, it really is. And the fact that it helps people with all types of migraines is really quite significant. I mean, you don't just have hormonal or stress or nutritional problems that lead to migraines. This helps all types of migraines. So I'm going to try it. I don't have migraines, but I do have brain fog and I want to try it, So check it out brain ritual dot com. What was fun having her on the program. Hey, we've got a tour coming up in December. It's Our Sacred Temples of Guatemala December first of the twelfth for the full Light t terary. Go to Earth Ancients dot com Forward Slash Tour check it out. It is a great tour. It's half the typical price that people charge, and this is what makes all of our tours really reasonable. We also have one coming up in twenty twenty six. It's Our Sacred Temples of Egypt April twenty eight through May tenth. For all the details in the full itinerary, go to Earth Ancients dot com, forward Slash Tours and check it out. All right, that's it for this program. I want to thank my guest today, doctor Elena Gross, and her wonderful product Brain Ritual. As always the team of Gail Tour, Mark Foster and Fasl Parves. You guys rock all right, take care of you well and we will talk to you next time.