Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. It is twelve to fifty two am on Saturday, June twenty seven. Just got done watching an episode of TV with the wife before hopping on the podcast, thought maybe that would allow some of these events to end. I don't know, it's I don't know why. I feel like these events are just going later, or maybe I just did the podcast later in past years. I don't I don't really know. We're about two thirds of the way through the World Series of Proger. I mean, we are two thirds of the way through the World Series of Poker at least events wise, and uh yeah, it feels like, you know, we're we're getting there to so nearing the end. And I don't really like that, because I love the World Series of Poker and I love the excitement it brings. I love the sense of community, competitiveness, the battling out there, you know, the grind of it all. Like I really do think it's awesome. And you know, when when you get to be now just a handful of days away from the twenty twenty six w SP main event, you know, that's when it kind of becomes real on two fronts. I guess one is that you know, the granddaddy of them all is here, right, the biggest and best poker tournament in the world. It's upon us. The other side of things is that, you know, when the main event does start, it does kind of start to signify that we're in the home stretch of it all. This is the big climactic finish and it's going to be done soon, which is a bummer, right, so you know, but overall, you know, just just really good things. As we get towards the end of June here and we're gonna get into July. On the docket today, I'm gonna do some bouncing around. But we got Koji Fujimoto denying Nick Shulman in the ten K deuce to seven triple draw. Nick is of course known for his prowess in the no limit duce to seven single draw. This is the limit duce to seven triple draw version of Fuji mo Mojo finishing first there. And then we got the tag team winners Breno Drummond and Enrique Lesa taking down that event. I was able to catch up with Sean Deep I spend I don't know, five minutes or so with him. He was on break in the ten k PLO Championship. I caught up with him because you know, it hasn't been a run of the mill sean deep summer, and I wanted to just ask him about it and say, hey man, you know what's going on in the summer. So we'll play that a little bit later. Of course, we have some other events to hit on as well, so as I said, I'll kind of bounce around through this sort of stuff after we hit on these winners to kick things off. Before we get into that, allow me to tell you once more that if you're not already playing free online poker on play poker Go, what the hell are you guys doing? Just head on over to play poker go dot com slash podcast and sign up, because if you go through that url, you will get a free one hundred thousand gold bonus to help kickstart your bankroll have some fun battle out there in the play poker Go streets. Play poker is available on web, it's available on iOS, and it is available on Android. So playpoker go dot com slash podcast to claim your free bonus and start playing today, all right, ten k limit deuced to seven triple draw. This was a very very stacked field, as these ten K Championship mixed events are hundred and seventy six entries. We get down to the final table, there's some absolute studs in the mix. But when it's all said and done, when the dust has settled, Japan's Koji Fujimoto tops all comers to win three hundred and ninety two thousand dollars. Believe it's the first bracelet for Fujimoto. He denied Nick Shulman, the great Nick Shulman with another second place finish, another deep run, another final table for Shulman. Ultimately he's going to have to settle for two hundred and fifty six thousand dollars. Tommy Hag third, Andrew Kelsoal aka aj Kelsoal got fourth, Justin Smith fifth, Todd Brunson sixth. Fujimoto told Poker News after the win, he said, winning this bracelet makes my poker life get bigger. My dream was winning a bracelet at the World Series, and I did it so I can go to the next step of my poker life. These two battled Fujimo and Shulman for quite some time, Shulman had the chip lead for the majority of the final table that I saw, especially kind of the later stages of things with six with five players onward, they got to heads up, Shulman had the chip lead there. Fujimoto ended up battling back to get things even. And then there was a stretch when I was out there watching this one play down, and it seemed like Nick Shulman did not win a pot for two hours, three hours. Now, I know he did win a pot during that span of time, but I'm just I'm just trying to paint a picture because it felt like all the chips, all the pots were just getting pushed over to where Koji Fujimoto was sitting, which is in the one seat, and it just kept going his way. He did get Shulman down very very short and there were a few double ups in there for Shulman, but ultimately Fujimoto was just, you know, he proved too much on this day. And you know, even the final hand, Fujimoto made a pair of threes, he showed first, and you know, all Schulin had to do was turn over one last card that didn't pair, and he pulls a pair of fours, pair of threes, beats a pair of fours, and you know, next thing, you know, Shulman's quickly out the door for two hundred and fifty six thousand dollars, Fujimoto taking home the bracelet and three hundred and ninety two thousand dollars. In the one K tag team event, you had Breno Drummond and Enrique Lesa taking home top honors. In this one, they won almost one hundred and eighty five thousand dollars combined. So chop that up between those two and that's what they're going to be taking home, unless they, of course had some sort of other deal between them, as you would expect. You know, one of the most fun, lively events on the World Series of Poker schedule every single year, the Tag Team event. The final table was incredibly lively, incredibly entered, dak, lots of cheering, high fiving, big rail. Of course, everyone that was playing at a given moment had at minimum their one tag team partner on the rail right there, but there were I don't know twenty to forty people around the rail on one of the outer feature tables, sweating this one down to the end. A lot of excitement, a lot of yelling, cheering when people were all in and winning pots. So a lot of fun in that one. Three hundred and seventy five teams were in the mix, and at the end of the day it was Drummond and Lesa taking down the event. Raku Yamachi and Shataro Morasse finished second in this event. They took home let me see one hundred and twenty three thousand dollars there. Next thing I want to touch on is the Ladies Championships. A little bit of tricky footing here. I have to go off the app, which it's weird because the app is updated, but the stream isn't done yet. I can't see the updates on Poker News, but I can see it in the app if I scroll till tomorrow. But whatever, it doesn't matter. Forty eight entries remain in the Ladies Championship we talked about in the last episode. I'm gonna mention it again because it deserves mentioning fourteen hundred and seventy five entries in this year's Ladies Championship, making it the largest Ladies Championship in WSP history, crushing the record from last year. So doing very well there for the Ladies Championship. Aubrey Williams looks to be tied for the chip lead with Shannon Fahi. Cherish Andrews, a PGT regular. Cherish Andrews is sitting up there as well in third. Lexigavin Mather She's in the top ten as well. Let me see who else we got if I scroll through these chip counts. Angela Jordanson bag some chips she had an I was watching the stream a little bit today. She had a big hand. She had aces, her opponent had kings. The aces held. That gave Jordanson a big double up and she was able to continue going from there not too far behind her. Jessica Tosol. Tosol won this event before a few years ago, so she's trying to get back into the winner circle, trying to, you know, join the goat. Sheina Okagoto, Shea Okamoto is her real name. Is a two time winner of the Ladies events. Caitlyn Kameski. I'm sure many of you out there know Kaitlyn Kameski. She's also still in the mix. They did stream day two. Day three is going to take place on Saturday. They're going to play down to the final table. Would be my guest, and then on Sunday they're going to come back and they're going to play to a winner one hundred and ninety five thousand dollars up top in this year's dovis a p Ladies Champion Junie. We have been checking in on the ws AP Mystery Millions every day with the starting flight, and this year we had been talking about through the first three starting flights, a twenty three percent increase in the first one, a twenty four percent increase in the second one, a five percent increase in the third one. Well, we finally got a little pulled back today. Day one d drew four thousand, seven hundred and nineteen entries compared to last year's five three hundred and fourteen. That is a negative eleven point two percent paris in there, you know, so a little bit down, but still overall, I think they are ahead of pace here for the Mystery Millions. And my guy David on Twitter also pointed out that I can't forget, and I did forget, so it's a good thing. He reminded me that this year they did add a turbo flight, So on Saturday we're going to get two flights for the Mystery Millions, You'll have your regular day flight that's going to kick off I'm assuming at ten am, so that'll be your regular or whatever it is, thirty or forty minute levels. But then later on in the evening, probably sometime around six pm, maybe they have a turbo flight that kicks off. So last year for the Mystery Millions, they had five flights, and I'm pretty sure they were all just regular flights, and then this year they have the five regular flights, but then they added one turbo flight. So even if we do have a little pullback for Day one D, if we add another pullback for Day one E, let's just say that that happens, they're likely going to make up for that with that final turbo flight and you know, pump these numbers up quite a bit, but you know, this one is still pacing incredibly well. Here another cool thing that happened that could bode well for some numbers going forward is the WSP and GG Poker partnered with Masato Yokosawa to basically run this huge promotion where he brings all these players over from Japan. I think they charted a giant jet or got a plane or whatever. The heck they did. They brought all these people over they could buy some sort of package and get in the mix. There was a part of this whole thing was there was a free roll happening in the Paris Room, and there was like two hundred and thirty players in the mix for this free roll. I got no idea what they're playing for. I looked on the screen over by the tournament area. The price will said one dollar on the screen. So I got no idea what these guys are playing for. But they looked like they were having an absolute blast of a freaking time. You know, Misado's giving up, giving a little speech, shuffle up and deal. Everyone's applauding, like it's a hole to do, right, But there's there's two hundred and thirty of those people here in town, and I'm guessing they're gonna blast. I mean, what else are you gonna do. You're coming to Vegas for poc Let's play some Dan poker. So you know, that's that's nice to have. You know, it's nice to have those people coming over. And yeah, I mean shout out to Masado Yokasawa superstar Japanese blogger. I know we've talked about him on the podcast, and you know a few different times he's also played on high stakes Poker in the past. He's played you know, in PGT events at the Pokerer Studio. He's you know one at least one of those, if not a couple of those. So shout out to Masada for working with the Waspy making all that happen and getting all those players to come over from Asia. That's that's a really cool initiative there, and hopefully it's one that they keep doing every single year and that it keeps growing. You know, we all talk about how poker in Asia is doing extremely well. Poker in Japan specifically, is you know kind of just ready to explode, if not kind of already exploding. So if we can tap into that market, I mean, one, you want people to tap into it in Japan, right of course, but I think that's already happening. But you know the second part of that is can you get you know, those players to start traveling the world, coming to the World Trees of Poker.
Speaker 2: And going elsewhere.
Speaker 1: And you know, here we got you know, more than two hundred players coming over getting in this ree role. It shows that interest there. That's a lot of players coming over to do this, So that's that's just a really cool thing. That's a that's going on. Next we'll hit on the fifteen dollars seven card stud high Low. We talked last episode, I almost said yesterday. We talked last episode about Daniel Legrand who finishing as one of the bigger stacks, or at least doing doing very well in the tournament. He has since busted out. He got sixty third place. We went over some of those deep runs that n Gran who's been having at the World Ties of Poker, an another pretty deep run here. Sixty three out of six hundred and forty seven entries got him. You know, a little bit more than two X is buying. But they are down to the final ten. Daniel Geng a PGTPLO series champion from a couple of series ago. He is the current chip lead. You got Dave standing there, Adam Owen, David Bach are all in the mix. King Callous also still in there. So ten players left here. This does say end of day chip counts on Poker News, So those ten players are going to be bagging up coming back on Saturday. They're going to play this one down to a winner again. This is the fifteen hundred dollars seven cards Dot High Low Tournament, one hundred and fifty nine thousand dollars up. Top final ten are guaranteed nine thousand dollars. And then the last event here that we're going to hit on. I guess we're just going short and sweet with this podcast is the ten k PLO Championship. This one has registration opened until the first level or two whatever it is, on day two, so don't have final numbers yet, but they are up over seven hundred entries, which looks to be a pretty good turnout if I do say so myself. And we know this name who's at the top of the Poker News chip counts. That is Michael the Grinder, Miss Rocky the Apps punisher out there. I mean, if these chip counts are correct, he's got a giant lead right now. Of course, still some time to play. These chip sacks could have fluctuated. Joseph Liberta is also doing very well. Joseph Alberto one, the Milli Maker. He's also in there. I see Noah Schwartz, I see justin Liberto. You know, different player, different name, you know, don't get those confused. Jared Blesnik, you know, Jared Blesnik taking all the heat for his commentary, but you know it looks like he's applying some heat to this tournament here for Reid Johnton doing well, Keith Lear, get on the jets, sir, let's go. Daniel Cipil's in there. I see Ari Angle, I see Sam Soeverll, Dario San Martino. So they're all charging strong. Don't have payouts or anything yet, but of course it's early in this tournament. We'll see how it goes. I see Sean Dieve's name in the chip counts. I know when I left Paris earlier, about two hours ago or so, he was still in because they were going on a break and I spoke with him, and you know, I wanted to talk to Sean about you know, what the heck's going on, Like you've only had two results now, They've been good results, right, Both of them have been final tables. One was a final table in the I think it was the ten Ku just to seven or Nolan mcdusa seven. The other one was the second place finish in the Mini PPC. Joey Coodin defeated him heads up there and talked about that on a previous episode, but it's not the normal Sean Deep summer that we're looking to see. He came into the summer coming off of DUBISIP Europe in a really good spot to chase down another Player of the Year title. That is what Sean Deep is all about every single year at the World Series of Poker, That's really where he really wants to pin his legacy on. You know, He's talked about it many many times. So he's in a really good spot coming into the summer. But now, yes, he has had those two final table runs, but he's really just been dropping down the POI leaderboard and seeing other like you know, Nick Shulman and we just talked about earlier, with all the success that he's had this summer, players like him, players like Alex Fox and Iowa Kihara, you know, they're all just leapfrogging him and then starting to just kind of put space between wherever they are and where Sean Deep is. So, you know, right now, again we're about two thirds of the way through the World Series of Poker. There is a lot of poker still to be played. But how does Sean feel about his chances? How is he handling this mentally, you know what the heck is happening. I wanted to speak with him about all of that. So thanks to Sean Deep for catching up. Here is that interview right now? All right, Sean deeb, I want to ask you, don't get mad at me, but what's going on this summer?
Speaker 2: The lack of results.
Speaker 1: What's what's happening?
Speaker 2: So when I put all my chips in the middle and my opponents match my stack is they usually get me covered by the river they're hand. Whatever game they're playing tends to beat mine. So that I am eliminated from the tournament. I have to go to a different tournament and repeat the process over and over again.
Speaker 1: This is like when that basketball player they asked him about rebounds or something and he explained exactly how you get rebounds. I know you're a guy that you obviously pride yourself on winning player of the year. Right, you were in a good position coming into the summer. Now you've only had two results so far, albeit final tables. Yes, but there are a lot of players, you know, starting to pass you, starting to kind of stretch out a little bit of a lead. Is that something you're looking at every single day.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know that at this point I need to put up results. I kind of it's less fading them then it's more to me just you know, thankfully, my two cashes were good po wy wise, So I'm still you know, a bracelet issue away depending on who you're against. And you know the fact that it's top three all of the same payouts, so like, I'm still you know, going pretty hard for that. But yeah, you know, I've shown up here every day. I definitely played a ton of bullets and I'm happy with my game. You know, people may think I'm playing worse than I am, which is good, and I'm more motivated than ever before. And you know, when I win some all ins, I end up being daily chipleyd and you know, give myself a good shot to win a bracelet, and so I'll take that over you know, ten minute cashes all day every day. So yeah, it's been interesting summer to say the least. And yeah, I think it shows what variance can be even when I proceed to have some of the biggest edges in most of these bracelet events and I have no results to match it up.
Speaker 1: Have you had a summer like this before? That you can recall.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is a record breaking poor summer. Yeah. I mean I've kind of refused to go on the app to actually count how many balls I've played, but we're probably approaching one hundred because part of the thing is making no day toos and busting a returnament that I'm not missing events because I'm in something else. So I've played probably more unique World Series Bracelet events than any other year with the least amount of results possible.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, how are you? I mean, you always seem like a guy who's smiling, You're positive about it. You're obviously here every single day, still blasting. How do you just keep yourself No, I mean you're here, you're going for it still a lot. Some people might say, you know what, it's not my day, or you know what, I'm gonna take a few days off, but you're still here every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's just variance. There's no listen. I don't get to play poker much the rest of the year, so I came out here. This is my time to earn, and you know, I'm trying to pay for a new house, so I'm gonna show up and keep playing like there's no quitting me. There's never you know, a tap out. I'm down too much. Yeah, just keep showing up and keep buying in and it'll take a lot many more years like this to ever make me want to tap out.
Speaker 1: If you were to predict the rest of your summer, you know, there's about what thirty events left or so what's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: I have that weird feeling I'm just gonna get stuck in the main to like day six and get like eightieth place and just fucking hate myself for even playing them. You know, it's one of the worst POI events based on time to ratio, but you know, it's so many points up top with the new formula that if I somehow final table that, you know, it's basically like winning a brace at another event, which I think is kind of crazy one of the falls I have with this system. But yeah, so that'll be the goal is final table Demain, which I never really try in, but I might have to be such a dog to everyone else and I need to final table Tomaine just to build afford all the Bahamas buying. So yeah, it's it's kind of sucks that the guys at the top are all Triton rags or massive no limit you know, buying players where I was hoping it'd be more of the mixed games. You know, it's not a shot at Kiara, for example. It's just he you know, between tax purposes and his stuff that's not events in buying say regular plays. So when he had those two early wins, I was not as worried about him. But then Fox and Shulman Hooney, you know, those are the people that it's really hard to pass them because they're point equity in Bahamas is two to three x what minus what do you.
Speaker 1: Think your chances are for a Player of the Year going forward this year?
Speaker 2: Five percent? It's gotten pretty low. Yeah, I mean it's hard. I have to win one and also fade them. And you know, Nick just had a second place, which you know, I'm sure he's pretty dejected about. But five top five finishes is pretty sick and to win. But yeah, you know, I'm gonna have to I can't get second to win Player of the Year. So I got me and Josh got to learn something together. Maybe Mac can teach us how to win heads up. Not like he ever gets heads up, but you know, maybe if he does he'll show us some epiphany of how to win the hands that are necessary to get in.
Speaker 1: So that was Sean Deep, thanks for taking the time to chat with me. The basketball player that I was trying to reference there was Torrian Prince who described how Baylor was was out rebounded by their opponents, and I remember he was asked, i think during the NCAA tournament, and he basically explained exactly like how you gather the rebounds and how you don't get more rebounds than your opponents, which is exactly what Sean Deep was saying there. But yeah, but you know, all good. Seawan and I have a good relationship and he's just you know, trying to bust some balls there. But he sounds fine that you know. This is my read on the conversation is that obviously Deeb's going to continue to show up. He's going to continue to fire in these tournaments. He's he says, he thinks he's playing fine. He's happy with his play. So you know, to me, Sean Deeve is he's just a grinder and this is what he's going to do with the disipy Okay, He's not going to take a day off he's not going to back down. He's probably not going to change anything like this is just Sean deep right. But on the other side, like you can you can tell that he's like, man, I've never had a summer like this, you know, So I mean maybe he's just been sun running, you know, not that Sean dee is not a world class player, because he is, but you know, you know, there is a lot of things do have to break your way, So maybe it's just some variance like finally catching up and it's just all catching up in one summer and now we're seeing it because it's such an outlier from what we expect from Shandeve all the time, I mean myself included. I still do think though that Shan deeb you know, he may not want to say that, like he's feeling the pressure or that it's building or whatever it is, but like I mean, you heard him say, you know, he's trying to play pay for a new house, like this is how the World Series of Poker is when Shan Deeve, you know, goes out and makes his bread like that's what he does.
Speaker 2: So with.
Speaker 1: Thirty or so events left, you know, again, still a third of the World Series of Poker left, Like, I still expect let's say, three to five big results from Shan Deep. Like I'm talking big results, meaning maybe a couple of final tables in there, one or two, you know, final two tables, maybe he has a deep run in the main event, and you know, something like that. I still think there's a lot of poker to be played, and Sean Dee's gonna be playing it till the bitter end. Maybe I'm just overly positive about it, overly optimistic about it coming into the summer. While we didn't play twenty five K Fantasy this year. I said it then, I'm gonna say it again now. I would have paid top dollar for Shande. He was the most expensive player in the draft. I thought he probably should have gone more for what he went for, which I think was one hundred and thirty three dollars if I remember correctly.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I you know.
Speaker 1: So there's still some summer left. Yes, it hasn't gone this way, and it's not the big summer that we're used to out of Sean Dee. But even with everything that's gone wrong for Sean Deep, he still is in the top ten of the POI leader board, and he is a win in a big event like a ten K championship event like this ten kpolo for example, he's he's a win away from getting back to the top of the poy lead aboard, like you know, So it's not like it's a complete and utter disaster and he should just throw it all away like He's still in the mix. And of course with the POI, we still have the stuff to happen later on in the year down in the Bahamas at four Wispy Paradise, So there's a ton of poker to be played. In terms of Sean Deep chasing down that that Player of the Year title. He gives himself a five percent chance, I probably think it's a little bit more like probably fifteen to twenty. But I'm also just I'm still expecting a couple of big things out of him. And first things first, you know, we'll see how he goes in this PLO Championship. Not too much to update now. It is day one of this event, you know, a long way to go, so we'll touch on that as we go and we'll see how how Sean Deep fares. But I will say that if he is going to really put himself into contention for Player of the Year. It's gonna take a result, a big result or two in a ten k plus event, you know, a ten K championship event, a high roll or whatever. Like probably can't just be doing it in these fifteen hundreds, right Like you need the higher buyings because you need those po y points to really mean something. So that's where I would expect Sean Deep to come in hot. And you know, we still got a lot of summer left, so let's see how it goes. But you know, we're watching because we're not used to seeing this. How to Sean Deep, We're just not So let's see how it goes. And I do thank him for chatting with me. That's gonna do it for me. We really don't have too much else to talk about. We got the latest championship going to day three. We got the main event is on the horizon. That's just really freaking cool. So you know, we're getting down to it, and you know, I'm pretty excited weekend here and then I'm gonna be playing the mini main event as I talked about on Monday or Tuesday, I don't really remember. I think that one's freeze out per flight, which I like. I've cashed in that event twice. I feel good about it. It's funny how you It's funny how you like certain events more than others, and you kind of it's it's like home field advantage in a way. I don't know. I've always liked that event. I've also always liked the Colossus. I didn't, you know, make time to play the Colossus this year, but I am making time to play the mini main event, and I don't know, I just I feel like going into those events they're gonna be positive things for my poker blind So we'll see how it goes. That's gonna do it for this episode of the Poker Girl Podcast. I appreciate you guys as always. Don't forget. Hit us with a five star review, hit us with the like a subscribe, share the show, whatever you guys got to do. I've mentioned it a couple of times recently. I'm gonna say it again. Check out the Ace Pachico video on YouTube. Check out the Jeremy Becker podcast a couple episodes ago on this feed that faced the Ace Podcast with Remco Rinking Mount. We have Andrew Lucky Chewye Lichtenberger coming out next, I know. Today a little bit of a teaser here. He sat down with Chino Reem for an extended conversation and they got hella fucking personal, okay, like it is going to be. I have not heard any of the interview. I haven't seen it, you know, but I am very much looking forward to it because I have heard how it went, so I think you guys should look forward to that one as well. All Right, that's gonna do it for me. I gotta get to bed. It's one nineteen in the morning. My name is Donna Peters. I'll talk to you guys next time. See yeah.
Speaker 2: Express