Speaker 1: Gregory Wrightstone, and he is a very experienced person in terms of science, actual science, talking about climate change. He is a geologist with more than thirty five years of experience researching and studying various aspects of the Earth's processes. He was recently accepted as an expert reviewer for the un IPCC, the Inner Governmental Panel on Climate Change. And I'll have to ask him about that. Maybe he is somebody kind of like Scott Atlas on the COVID team loan dissenter. But his science and fact based approach exposes many of the alarmist myths concerning our changing climate. Gregory is a strong proponent of the scientific process and believes that policy decisions should be driven by science, by facts, by data, not by a political agenda. The book that he has published is A very Convenient Warming, How Modest Warming and more co two are benefiting humanity. Great to have you on. Thank you for joining us, Gregory Wrightstone.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, David, actually for the new book. My birthday was last week and I woke up on the well my birthday, went to the computer and loan and behold that A very convenient Warming. My newest book was at number one best seller on Amazon and what a birthday gift. I couldn't have asked for anything better. And so, yeah, my first book was a regular there. So we're trying to get the word out. I'm also executive director of the CO two Coalition, which is the pre eminent scientific organization of skeptical scientists. We have physicists, I'm a geologist, energy experts and the like, and they all believe as I do, is that CO two is beneficial by a lot. He's usually beneficial, and there is no climate crisis and we should celebrate how earthse ecosystems are thriving and prospering.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree one hundred percent with that, and yeah, this stuff about carbon sequestration is just the most astounding thing I have ever seen. But again, that website is CO two Coalition dot org, and we'll talk a little bit more about that as well. But what we're seeing in the news, and you've experienced a little bit of this as well. They have all seized upon these hurricanes as climate change. Tell us a little bit about what you've been going through there in Florida.
Speaker 2: You're in Florida, Well, well, I've been pointing out I use science facts and data, but data to support my stances and my narrative. And it flies in the face of most of all you're hearing on the media, mainstream media and in hurricanes. I've been tested. My beliefs that climate changes and driving hurricanes have been tested in the last two weeks, but I still came through and I'm looking, I'm relying on my scientific work to dispute a man made driven climate crisis. My home is an Apollo Beach about twelve miles south of Tampa. And if you recall a day and a half or two days before landfall, he was at a Cat five and man, my home was right and acrosshairs and we looked even some of the seasoned old salts in the area. They looked at it and they said, man, we're bailing out. We've never left before. It looked bad and because it was going to hit it. But our experts in the two Coalition were saying, no, no, no, no, no, it's going to land as a category two, maybe category three. This is what's going to happen. And they also predicted that there would be no instead of a storm surge at Tampa. They told me, no, we saw it at end, and when the end struck, this will be about to be similar. There will actually be a negative surge. In other words, it would suck water out of the band. That's exactly what they found. So it made we bailed out. We've been hit the week before by Helene. We escaped any flooding, but the area around us was hit pretty hard. A bookkeeper's home was was devastated. We actually did a GoFundMe campaign for her and raised thirty three thousand dollars in two days. And what a blessing that was to her, She says, in my darkest time of my life, you guys came through and I may just you know, you're you're being You're brightening and making this so much more bearable. So we can do one We we can't help everybody, but we helped her. But we made what seemed to be a reasonable decision instead of fleeing north, but to go southeast to the other side of the state. And we went to Vero Beach condo of a friend. And if you may recall that, we couldn't have chosen a worse place to evacuate too in the United States or probably the world. It was this huge super storm cell at about four pm came through our area. It was giant, it was gnarly, and it was it was scary. And the tornadoes hit. And the tornado near us went right up along Highway A one A. If you're a Jimmy Buffett fan, you know Highway A one A, and it's right up by two miles wath of that. It actually hit the condo that was next to the part of our building was next to us, and it was I was doing a live video interview with another host at the time, and there's like alarms going off, lightning lights, you're flashing. He said, this is great. I mean, you'll never have another interview like that, you know, with his with his guest in the middle of being hit by a tornado in a hurricane. But bear in mind those that tornado hit at four point thirty. The landfall didn't occur until eight thirty four hours later, so this preceded that. Yeah, but again, I took a look at the our newsletter for the CO two Coalition. Go to CO two Coalition dot org to subscribe. You'll love it. I give some more detail. We're having a newsletter go out today about my experience. We also have information. I took a look at landfalling hurricanes and that's the best measure if you want to look at long term hurricane information. Landfalling hurricanes for the United States are the best because we can take that confidently. We know every single hurricane that's made landfall in the United States going back to at least eighteen fifty and that's because they're so big you can't miss it. And right we know it's made landfall, it's been recorded. And so if we look at landfalling hurricanes, we find in the United States there have been in decline. I looked at Florida land falling hurricanes and they've also been in decline. So that's a pretty good metric. And the other thing they're saying is that hurricane intensity is increasing. That's not borne out by the evidence. If you look at the globally accumulated cyclone energy that Ryan Malley and the NOAH do, that's basically an estimate of the intensity of the hurricanes, which translates to windspeed, and it's been pretty flat. He could probably argue there's been a slight decline, but there's definitely been not a significant trend either up or down, and in fact, Christopher land Sea. And what a great name for he's a Noah hurricane expert, or at.
Speaker 1: Least he used.
Speaker 2: What a great name for a hurricane expert. Christopher land Sea is almost as good as a geologist with the last name of wright Stone, isn't it Christopher Lansy. One of his last he left he told the truth about hurricanes. His last analysis said, well, you know, maybe hurricane intensity is increasing by maybe one percent. Okay, let me ask you, David, if you were standing on C S to key, could you tell the difference between one two and one hundred and three miles per hour? I think so, and that's what so give the minute. Okay, let's say he's right, you can't. It's it's so little that it's meaningless.
Speaker 1: And can they measure that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I mean it is. But you see this panic everywhere in the in the UK, the Express, that's what person says, Well, maybe I slipped through this, but the headlines storm tracker map shows a path of Hurricane Kirk with a monster seventy five mile an hour gales to batter Britain and it is just filled with over the top bombastic alarmism. It's horrific. The UK is bracing for. This is going to be brutal, a shocking weather forecast sweeping in with widespread destruction, just panic, panic, panic everywhere. And he says, well, it didn't even notice that if it came, you know, so, and that's what we're seeing. We're seeing that kind of hype and they don't really as you point out a one percent difference, can they even measure that, as you said, you can't feel it. Can they really accurately measure that and record it, comparing it to the of measurements that they had a century ago? Did they were they accurate? Even if they're accurate today. So we don't know that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's all about creating a climate of fear. They have to create two words I want to use here, fear and control. They need to establish a climate of fear. They need you and your viewers to say, oh, oh no, it's a climate catastrophe and it's our fault. Millions will die, there's a climate crisis, will have crop failure, pestilence and nasty population because of man made global warming. So they have to establish this climate of fear because they're object is really what their proposals are is to control every aspect of your life. They want to control how much water comes out of your shower, what kind of car you drive, how you heat your home, how cool you keep it in the summer, and how hot you warm it in the winter. That we could go on and on on what you eat.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean all that. I mean they're shutting down farms now. The EPA is going to start shutting down farms with us. It is absolutely amazing, and we understand that it's that's what the real purpose of all this stuff is. And they have a lot of different things that they throw out there, always with the same thing in mind. That's why I refer to it as mcguffin. It doesn't really matter what the thing is, but it's about creating the fear so that you can bring in these controls. And it's always the same controls I want to bring.
Speaker 2: In those same people. Aren't they so proud that we support choice? I support choice? Well, no, they don't. Now I would like to choose what kind of car to drive, I would like to choose what kind of dishwasher to buy. I'd like to choose all those things, and they don't want to give you that choice, do they It's fear and control, fear and they want you. Why else would we voluntarily give up our freedoms? Only that there truly is an existential threat to humanity and it's just not there. And what we see, David, this new book. My first book was Inconvenient Facts. It's now sold almost one hundred thousand copies. It's in that book we established pretty clearly that there is no climate crisis. We've gone a step further in this new book and with the CO two coalition, is not only is there not a climate crisis, but by almost every metric we look at Earth, pschosystems are thriving and prospering, and humanity is benefiting from that probably And you have a Christian show here, and this really goes back to the heart of you know, if we were going to have killed PEP hundreds of millions of people, we should do something about it. But just the opposite is occurring. We're seeing a huge benefits to humanity and their solutions, particularly in the developing world, the Asia and Africa. They want to they don't want to lift these people out of poverty by using affordable, abundant reliable energy that can be dry from natural gas and coal. They want to keep them with their someb down and let them, don't let them prosper.
Speaker 1: And that's what they want to do to us as well. You've now got the e p A is focused now on shutting down power plants. And of course they've been shutting them down for a while now because oh, well can't have coal or whatever. But the EPA has come after them now with a vengeance with their emissions and so forth, and so as they shut down the grid. Uh, and they need more power for the AI. So they're going to put these small nuclear reactors out there, but it's only going to be power for them. They're going to shut down affordable reliable energy for us. And UH. And that that really is the concern, and that really is the agenda. I think that is control and impoverish and austerity.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: That really is the way that they can control us as through poverty.
Speaker 2: It is. And you had two of the three words I use for electricity. What we should look for, it's affordable, reliable, and abundant. In other words, we can get along. We get a big bang for our buck. And that's what we get with nuclear as well with nuclear cold natural gas. And again, since we are not going into a climate crisis that is driven by CO two, but rather CO two is beneficial, there's no way we should be trying to do carbon capture or take the carbon mitigation strategies. We're actually be hurting ourselves. And the other thing that's really interesting, it's one of my pet it's the section of the book is one of my favorite things to talk about, is a strong relationship between human history and climate history. To find that it's completely opposite of what we're being told. We're being told, oh, we can't, we must fear the heat, the heat will cause terrible things. Well, look back over the last several thousand years to see what happened, to find that we are in a warming trend, but it's been warming for more than three hundred years. There were three other warming trends similar to what we're in right now, but all three were hotter, ended up warmer than what we are today, and all three were hugely beneficial and improvements we saw to the human condition during each one of those warm periods. Life was good, food was bountiful. The great empires, the civilizations rose up. The first of those was the Bronze Age. It was called the Minoan Warm period. The first great civilizations rose up, the Assyrians, the Hittits, the Babylonians, the Harapan Empire in the Indus River Valley. All those great civilizations around the world rose up during a really really warm time. And then it started getting cold, and really bad things happened. And each one of the times when it started getting cold, and we see these cold periods are associated with famine, crop failure, pestilence, and masty population. And so it was that led to the Greek Dark Age is and it really didn't get good until we got into the Roman Warm period, the time of Christ. At that time, again food was bountiful, life was good. North Africa was the bread basket. You may not be aware of the Roman army. It's not much of a bread basket today. So it then when it started getting cold again. There were a lot of reasons for the Roman Empire's fall. Cold was probably a contributing factor, and that led to what was called the Dark Ages. And then the Medieval Warm period was again life was good, empires arose, food was bountiful, and then that led to the recent cooling period. Called the Little Ice Age. It was probably the coldest time of the last ten thousand years, and it was again maybe fifty percent of Iceland perish during that time. One third of the population of the Earth perish during that time, and particularly northern Europe. We have a lot of great records of just how terrible it was, recalled Valley Forge and George Washington. It was very cold. For example, not far from where I am right now is Mount Vernon and George when they lived there during this Little Ice Age, that was really cool cold. Martha liked to enjoy ice center drinks in the summer, so George built an ice house. They dug in and he would have his indentured service and slaves got down in the winter and it froze very, very thick ice every year. It doesn't do that, I mean, I think in the eighties there was one winter where it did that. So we can use historical data like that. People understand that and they'll go, oh, yeah, if the Potomac River was freezing solid, nearly solid every winter and it only happens once every thirty years, now, well it had been a lot colder then, and we can use that same historical data to show how warm it was during the Medieval warm time period, the Roman warming period, and so much warm. But again history tell They would call me a science denier, but I would call them history deniers because they're denying history shows conclusively that warm is much much better than cold. We should welcome you once and fear the cold.
Speaker 1: And of course cycles through there, and especially if you've got a Roman toga that those drafts can get really bad, you know.
Speaker 2: The ones that they were togas. There's a reason they go togas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Washington caught a cold riding around and that was well. I don't know if that was what killed him. It might have been the bleeding in the mercury that they gave him.
Speaker 2: But that.
Speaker 1: Brought it all on. Talk a little bit about what happens, you know, because part of what we're seeing now is we've had situations back in the middle of the teen Unders. I forget the exact date when Krakatoa happened. They had a little mini ice age at that point in time as well, because there was a lot of debris that was sent up by the volcano on land. Some people have talked about and I forget where it was in the South Pacific that was recently, like last year or two years ago something. Yeah, that's it. The water volcano and that puts up water vapor that has a warming effect. If it's a land volcano that has a cooling effect. We have so many natural processes that have amazing and direct influence. You know, we're talking about solar activity or we're talking about volcanic activity. Talk a little bit about that. It's not all man made. What's happening right.
Speaker 2: Well, the increase in CO two is man made for the most part. The vast majority is from US using fossil fuels. But I'm okay with that. I'm okay with a large carbon fliprint because what we're saying is CO two is beneficial. We have a paper that I'm finalizing right now. It's actually a lengthy ninety two page summary, but it's highly detailed science and we'll use seven different lines of evidence to verify and conclude that the increase in CO two of fifty percent since the Industrial Revolution is from man. There are some people out there saying it's not, but we're emitting huge amounts of CO two into the atmosphere. If you do that, it's got to increase atmosphereic CO two and so you know we have that, and I started rambling on I forgot the question, the original question you asked for.
Speaker 1: Well, I was talking about natural processes in terms of, you know, changing the climate and that type of thing.
Speaker 2: They're also there's some false things out there that are being spread. One is that volcanoes provide huge amounts of CO two. And there's one report to Mount Pinatubo when it when rup did it put out more CO two and during the eruption than was Man's every emitted. And that's just categorically false because we know how much CO two was emitted by Man that year I think it was nineteen ninety one. We also know closely how much CO two was put out by Pinatubo, and it turns out that that eruption put out two tenths of the percent of the CO two emitted that year of Man two. So it's a small contribution that gets a lot of play. They try and downplay our contribution to Cooto.
Speaker 1: Well, what I was talking about was the ejection of material in the upper atmosphere, which would be a cooling.
Speaker 2: A lot a lot of people think that the volcano. There are two types of volcanoes. One's explosive, think Mount Saint Helen's Pinatubo. The other type is called effusive volcanoes, which just kind of flows out, think of killaway. We see that a lot some of the volcano of the eruptions at Iceland, these are big, huge lava flows, and those tend to put out more CO two than the explosive volcanoes. And some of these there were a couple two. There were two huge lava flows that were effusive. One was called the Deccan Traps. The other was the Siberian Traps. These these volcanoes flowed for millions of years, and we're emitting CO two for millions of years and probably contribute a fair amount of CO two to the atmosphere. These explosive volcanoes do not. And it's where then also the explosive volcanoes, it's not the solids. You think, well, it's going to block out the sun. It does for the fuse that falls out pretty quickly, the sulfates, the aerosols and the sulfates to get up into the stratosphere that last for three four five years. That has a cooling effect because what they're doing, is the Sun's reflecting off of those so it doesn't get to strike the earth that warming effect.
Speaker 1: And then we talked about the undersea volcano, the one that you mentioned again I can't remember that the Congress from the tongue. Yeah, okay, well that one.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Another greenhouse gas, of course, the big one is water vapor, and if that increases the water vapor by significant percentages in that one, that's going to also affect things. My point is that you know when you have solar activity, when you have something that is going to massively increase greenhouse gases like water vapor. You know, there's so many things that are natural out there, but they want to make it as everything is about man made, right. Do you agree with that or you disagree with that? Oh yeah, let's let's be clear. Since CO two CO two is a greenhouse gas, CO two is increasing, so it has more. CO two has a contribution, has a warming effect on the ass atmosphere.
Speaker 2: It's just very small, very modest, and overwhelmed by those natural forses. So don't be a denier. Yes, CO two has a warming effect, thankfully, but again it's it's overwhelmed by these natural forces, and we see through time that CO two increases and decreases do not control temperature. Just going back through Earth's history to the dawn of time, we don't see correlation there, and so we have to we have to look at the science, effects and the data, put it in a long perspective to figure that out.
Speaker 1: And you know you're the book. Your book title hearkens back to al Gore's documentary An Inconvenient Truth. Your book is a very convenient warming and as part of his documentary, I guess we could laughingly refer to it as but as part of his film, let's they say it played a very big role. I remember that he had the projections of what was going to happen to temperature driven and following exactly CO two. As you point out, CO two is going up and down. But that direct correlation that was there the hockey stick from Michael Man, as everybody talks about it. You had that blown up into something that was about thirty feet tall and he gets on an elevated platform to go up to exaggerate that, and that really has Michael Mann's correlation there of his hockey stick thing really hasn't played out, has it?
Speaker 2: Let's talk about al Gore. He used eight thousand or four hundred thousand years of CO two versus temperature. Well, there is a really good correlation over the last several hundred thousand years. But it's not CO two driving temperature. It's temperature driving CO two changes. And because that's because the oceans are the great sink and source for CO two. A cold ocean absorbs more CO two, a warm ocean expels. Just think about it's kind of contrary to to what you might say. If you take a leader jar of ginger ale and take it out of the refrigerator and open it up, it just goes. But take that leader jar of ginger ale and put it out on your picnic table and your patio on the sun in August. But it's sit there for an hour, and then go open it up, and man, it will be like a volcano with that CO two that's in the ginger ale that's being expelled because it's warm. And that's what we see. Warming oceans expel CO two, and so it warms first and then CO two increases, and it's delayed by hundreds of years. But if you can press it all, which al Gore did, his interpretation was just backwards of what it should have been. It's not CO two driving temperature, it's temperature driving CO two.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. Yeah, I was involved with a group that tried to get the data from Michael Man. He fought like a bensheet and was able to win in court and not show the data, which had already his conclusions that I had been published. He'd collected it. He'd on the science at the University of Virginia, so he did it on the public dime, and he'd published his conclusions and they'd been used to create public policy. And yet we could not pry that data from him. And you have to wonder why he got it, if it was real.
Speaker 2: Why he's he's a piece of work. He's a nasty footish person and he's very like jigeous.
Speaker 1: Yes, we had to be careful what we sayd about Michael Man, because we know what we do.
Speaker 2: I was quoting someone else there when I just called him, asked him that was a quote, uh, we know from Mike mark Stein was the best quo. He lost in court to Michael Mann got one million dollar judgment against him. But mark Stein said that the hockey stick is a reconstruction of temperature using proxies with two problems, the proxies and the reconstruction. He said, other than that, you can take it to the bank, and that was that's a clent. So what he did, he was just proxies are things we used for temperature reconstruction or CO two reconstruction through back before historical records. And Michael Man used some really really horrifically bad proxies to reconstruct temperature. And like you say, he's According to him, we had a slowly declining temperature up until about the twentieth century and then man, it just took off the temperatures the skyrocketed. And he again he based that in his reconstructional on just bad, bad, bad proxies, particularly tree ring data in the southwest of the United States.
Speaker 1: To make it sense, he was a pick. You're starting ending points carefully there, doesn't you. But he was also involved in climate gate, and that's one of the reasons why he was a focus of the group that I was working with, because you know, he was even though that was kind of focused in the UK at East England University, he was involved back and forth with emails. They were talking about we're going to hide the decline based on our models. And that's the other thing about this. How did these people get a pass for making all these predictions. You were talking earlier about the scientists that were affiliated with the CO two Coalition dot org and how they were pretty accurate in terms of what they thought would happen with the hurricane, even the sense that the storm surge is going to be negative because it was going to you know, land somewhere else, and so, you know, we have those types of things and if somebody can make a prediction and it comes true, but we have these grand predictions that are kind of like trying to predict the weather fifty years in advance, and they're hysterically wrong, you know, whatever they're predicting, where they're talking about the Great Barrier, reef disappearing, whatever it is. They keep making these predictions, and yet they never seem to be held accountable for making these false predictions with their models.
Speaker 2: Actually, go back to May of this year and see what no was predicting for this year's hurricane season. They were predicting one of the highest number of storms ever in record. Well, No, it's it feels particularly particularly for me and my wife that it's been a bad hurricane season, but were actually under the average for the hurricanes and it will probably we may get to the very low end of what Noah predicted. But no one they're never called on the carpet, yes, right for that, and it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Santa's made that case to a journalist and you know, and I had talked about that. I said, you know, when you look at the hurricanes that hit Tampa, there was one in eighteen forty eight took exactly the path that they were predicting, but you know which this one did not take that path, but that was they had one that had actually taken that path in eighteen forty eight. And then in North Carolina in Ashville in nineteen twenty one, they also had a hurricane that went up there and caused just about the kind of same level of destruction in terms of water accumulation of that type of thing. Hesitate to use the word flood because if you a flood, the insurance companies won't pay them anything, So we have to come up with some other name for what happened is rain, and so it had that kind of rain. But you know, we've seen this type of stuff, So it's not unprecedented. And you know these were situations that happened. There wasn't really any man made industry that was that was doing that one hundred years ago, one hundred and fifty years ago. So you know that that is the background. But no matter what they say, they're never held accountable to it, and no matter how dire and faults their predictions are, it just keeps going. It must be an interesting thing to work with the U n IPCC because of that. That's a lot about that.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually got in on that at the very end and there was very little I could contribute or do at that time, so and I was I signed up, was accepted, and then I joined the CO two Coalition as executive director, and I have been just there was just you had to set your priorities and this is leading this group of eminent scientists. We just had John Klauser join us on our board. He's the twenty twenty two Nobel Laargate, the physic We've got Patrick Moore on our board who's the co founder of Greenpeace and if he's wonderful, and doctor William Happer, Emeritis, Professor of Physics from Princeton, and he's the He was the inventor of the Soviet Soviets sodium guide star laser developed during the Star Wars under Reagan and if you if you remember SDI star Wars was they were trying to shoot down incoming missiles from the Soviet Union and intercept them in space using lasers, but they couldn't figure out how to do it because they just it was. It was Will Happer, our chairman, that invented this ability to keep laser's focused through the atmosphere. And now his invention as you at every observatory around the world to get crystal clear nighttime images. If you ever see an observatory with a yellow beam going up from it, that's his sodium guide star laser that are used to keep to figure out what's going on in the atmosphere so they get crystal clear photographs. So these are the type of scientists that we have. They're incredible. Yes, it's great, and we stick to the science.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's essential because if they're going to keep us afraid of the unknown, and if they're going to say, as we saw throughout all this COVID stuff, I'm the expert and science is what I say. It is you know, that is the antithesis of science. That's what as I say often.
Speaker 2: Well, they promote, they promote consensus science. That's the big thing. And it's as Michael Clayton famously said, if it's science, it's not consensus. If it's consensus, it's not science. And Richard Fiman, the great physicist, my favorite quote about consensus. He says, I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned. And that's what we have today in climate syms. We have an ant and they tell us what the answer is, and you dare not question it. You must not. You must and they need to silence me and my colleagues at the CO two coalition.
Speaker 1: Yes, we've seen that first with climate, and then we saw it with the COVID stuff and with medications, and now it's everything, you know, anything, they will tell you what is true and you cannot question that. And so that's the attack that we see on free speech. That's happening everywhere, but it's now flowing out everywhere, but it began with the climate stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let me just if we have time here, just delving, just one of the things, one of the proudest things. We're doing scientific papers and we do the technical material, but we also had our members were concerned about the state of science education in America, and we decide to do something about and put a committee of mostly PhDs together, and what they've done is incredible. I ended up hiring a full time artist, talented artist Chicago Hellinger di Silva down in Brazil, and he does We're creating books, we're creating videos that are attractive to children and students. But most importantly, we're also doing lesson plans for homeschooling parents and charter schools. And they're not just a lesson plan. It's rare. We actually have a scientist doing that, doctor Sharon Camp, PhD in analytic chemistry. She's an ap science teacher and reader, and so this is science based. We're totally vetted the lesson plans. We've completed the first series of book. I've just authored the first of the next series. We call it a sleep Well series. You're gonna love this. So the title is Chloe the Clownfish sleeps Well at Night and it's all It's marvelous. Art is fantastic. It is about Chloe that lives in the Great Barrier Reef and she's told at school that, you know, the Great Barrier Reef in her home was going to be destroyed because of man's climate change. We would use that story. We're able to use that story in an entertaining method to put out the facts about what's actually happening with corals and the Great Barrier Reef. And I was joined as a co author. Doctor Peter Ridd who's one of the top chloral and Great Barrier Reef experts, collaborated with me on this, so we you know, we have top scientists that work together get to make sure we get the story right. But we're kind of going we're getting the nose under the camel's tent by getting this really interesting material out there.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. Yeah, that's one of the big failed predictions was a Great Barrier Reef.
Speaker 2: Before we get off of that, I'd like to give the website of our CO two Learningcenter dot com. CO two Learningcenter dot com. You can go get our books for qualifying homeschool organizations or charter schools. We've just brought in a shipment of CO two meters that we actually give to qualify and no charge to qualifying schools and homes and teachers because some of our lesson plans involve experiments that require a CO two meter, and you know a lot of these people they don't want to spend one hundred and forty dollars for a CEO two meter, so we've done it for them, and that this is our mission. Our mission has provide fact science data and are now our mission too is to provide that information to students and particularly the homeschool parents. And all three of my grandchildren are homeschooled, and it's important. They love to use this information. So CO two learning Center dot com.
Speaker 1: That's great. Two Learning center dot Comy. If you don't want to be a clownfish, be careful with school that you hang out with, right, So that's wonderful that you seized on that, and because that is that is really the key. You know, you say Chloe sleeps well at night, Well that's the problem. They are scaring these kids to death. They think that they've got no future, that the world is going to end because of CO two emissions, and it is absolute insanity. And of course, the only way you're going to stop CO two emissions is to starve us to death and kill all the people. But I think that might be what they're trying to do.
Speaker 2: Yea, there is that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it certainly is amazing. Well, it's fascinating to talk to you again, Gregory Wrightstone and the book is a very convenient warming at the top of the list on Amazon. And I've got a couple of comments here, Brian and Deb McCartney. Can you ask if he has heard of the Just Transition Task Force. I'm attending another meeting in Northern Minnesota this evening regarding the killing of coal fired power. So it's the Just Just Transition task Force. So you hear anything about that?
Speaker 2: I haven't. I don't like the word transition. Yeah, it's transition. I'm not talking about transition of energy, And it's why should we transition away from something that's worked wonderfully, that's lifted big?
Speaker 1: That's right? Yeh? Do we lose you? We lost your audio? I don't know if you can still hear me not if something happened there, still don't have it. There we are now, we're back. Now we're back. Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: It's darn gremlins. We should Why should we transition away from reliable, abundant, affordable energy to unreliable energy that's not abundant, that's not affordable. It's so the transition. It's a forced transition way. I like to let the free market decide, and the free market will tell you that it's coal, it's natural gas, it may be nuclear for our electricity needs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is interesting, isn't it. You know? And I think that they were talking about that. I think they were. They're concerned about the killing of coal fired power. That's what their concern is. And so I think this other group is true, should be transition away from it? Yes, absolutely. I mean you look at I've got magazines here that Gregory that I show people from nineteen seventy nine Time and Newsweek, and they say, by the middle of the nineteen eighties, we will have no more oil and no more natural gas. And I saved those because I knew that was nonsense. And then they say, well, we've got six hundred and sixty six years of coal. So what they do. They decide they're going to get rid of coal. You can make coal theme, but they're not required. That's one of that, you know, we talk about the UN That's one of my pet peeves I talk about frequently, and that is the Paris Climate Court. Even people who are alarmists were alarmed at the Paris Climate Court because they said, well, you're not doing anything to stop this. You're going to allow China and India to build as many power plants as they wish and not have them be clean, and so this is not addressing what our global problem is. They think, They said, this is simply a transfer of industry to China, and that's exactly what it is, isn't.
Speaker 2: It It is? It is and bull are they both India and China. I think presidents in India Prime Minister Modi, I think he's he does care about his people and he wants to lift They still have eight hundred million people that are living in energy poverty without electricity. He wants to lift those people up and provide electricity to everyone throughout throughout India. And he's they're going great guns. They're mining and breaking records, mining coal, setting records, building and producing more electric electricity derived from coal. The natural gas isn't very well developed. We can talk a little bit about that. I traveled to India and spoke at the first natural gas shell gas conference in India a number of years ago, and but China prison g number one. He's got to be sitting there right now, rubbing his hands together and lead because he's we're self destructing. Yes, we're undermining our electricity, our economy for no good reason. And he's advancing his he's mouthing the words, we're going to go to net zero by what twenty seventy twenty eighty. Has no intention of doing that now, and they're going great guns. And I don't think there's no altruistic bone in his body. His goal is to mount and have an economy unrivaled in the world, and part of that's us getting affordable, reliable, abundant energy. And he's doing it with coal. He's using everything. They're building a lot of solar, they're doing wind, but it's it's mainly coal that's really driving this. And it's plus here in the United States. Most of our proposals here. We know about Kamala Harris. She was pushing electric vehicles until she wasn't, which occurred at I don't know why or when, but now she's not. But their their whole energy solution. Jennifer Grandholman Department of Energy. They want everybody to drive an electric car, which will only increase demand for already scarce electricity and lead to it's going to be horrible, horrid warble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can look and see what's happening as they're demanding that everything be electric, no no gas ranges, all electric appliances, all electric cars and anything. As they're doing that, they're simultaneously shutting down the grid capacity. And so we know where this all leads. And you can see what's happening in the UK as well. Their electricity is already four times what it is in the United States. They just shut down their last steel plant, They just shut down their last coal energy plant. They can't compete and manufacture anything with China. Mean, China has always had the China price, which is their currency. Manipulation and copyright piracy and slave labor. Well, now they've got the cheapest energy of anybody. That's what's going to happen. All you've got Germany. Look at what is happening to the German industry. They're having to shut down as well. If we follow this path of getting rid of CO two, it is a path of suicide. That's why your book is so important and the organization is so important. The CO two Coalition dot org that you put together got a lot of Nobel Prize winning scientists that are their people. Ought to bookmark that and get that on your mailing list, and the book is a very convenient warming again by Gregory Wrightstone. This is a vital issue. It really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, And that's again, that's the mission of the CO two Coalition. It's my own personal mission is to get the science, the facts and the data out there. But what's actually happening. And I'm an optimist, David. I'm a true optimist in a lot of things, but particularly I believe we're winning. I find I talk to lots of people. I do a lot of Uber drivers, and I'm converting America one Uber driver at a time. But I find just about everybody I talked to it's thirsty for the information that we provide, that my books provide that the CO two Coalition provides. They're thirsty for this. They've never heard of it. So many times their eyes get wide open, they go, I've never heard that. Why are they lying? Why aren't they telling us that, yes, we need to be silenced Yeah, because I'm telling back based story at the Ristom.
Speaker 1: And we can see what is happening in the European countries, especially in the UK. They're a little bit ahead of us. You know this article I covered you today, that's about I said, electricity rationing has already begun. They just haven't given you a coupon book. And they're talking about how they're measuring all of the you know, the time of day usage and all the rest of this kind of stuff. And people are scrambling to figure out how they're going to afford this. I mean, and we've got these offshore wind farm that is offshore Long Island. It's going to escalate the price of well they're by conservative factor four or five times, because they're looking at their profit margin is going to be about one and a half times what the current entire cost is. So it is amazing what is happening with all this, how expensive, how unreliable it is, and it really is is going to be incredibly destructive for all of our lives. Yeah, well, thank you so much for joining us. And again the book is a very convenient warming by Gregory Wrightstone. At the time of the Amazon list, Thank you so much for joining us, sir, and the CO two Coalition dot org also very important, and I'll put that in the resource into the description the CO two Learning Center dot com because we do have a lot of people who homeschool and I know they would be interested in those books and that curriculum. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you the David Night Show you can listen to with your ears. You can even watch it by using your eyes. In fact, if you can hear me, that means you're listening to the David Night Show right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good job. And you want to know something else, You can find all the links to everywhere to watch or listen to show at the Davidnightshow dot com. That's a website.