Speaker 1: It's the wild Man with me on the night cab Gary you have by Old sad on seven hundred WLW. Of course, last night in New Orleans, opening night of the Super Bowl, the full week long of celebration and interviews and celebrities and all of the former players and each team coming out to talk to reporters and the fans and the like. I mean, it's a really cool time. If you're down there in New Orleans and you're a part of it, I guess you've got to see some of it. Last night, wild Man, what were your thoughts as you watched the Eagles discuss the game ahead and anything else they were talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh, of course, the biggest crowd was the winning around Saquon Barkley. I remember back in the day when we'd have a media day and reporters would get right up next to you, like they say, bloomber assize it with microphones in the space. But that don't happen now. They got like a barrier and then Seguon Barkley's up there with with one microphone. Saku bar Barkley was, you know, pretty calm. He was happy to be there. And as we know, as Saguon Barkley goes. The Eagles go so and none of the players that I heard talk or talking Tony Smack. They were glad to be there. They know it's going to be a tough game and just went board. Went for the day today, day to day for the day to get there. They also took to the coach and they also talked to h Jalen Hurts and he really didn't have much to say. Uh, I don't know what the Chiefs. The Chiefs are supposed to come out, uh the later early later tonight, I believe, so they're able to see what happened. But so far you and her name smack from either team. I think both they respect each other too much to be talking smack.
Speaker 3: But it's early.
Speaker 2: It's early, and then something usually happens or something usually leagues out before they kick off the.
Speaker 3: Game, right.
Speaker 1: Travis Kelsey did comment on his UH on his retirement because people are now curious about when Travis is going to hang it up. No, he's been doing. He's going to his fifth Super Bowl in six years. You know, he's playing with a Hall of Fame quarterback and he's had quite a career so far. But his indication was last night that he intends to play for the Kansas City Chiefs and only the Chiefs for maybe another three years.
Speaker 3: Does that sound about right to you? Oh?
Speaker 2: I think Travis Kelsey still playing on a high level. I mean, he wasn't burning up the league early in the season, but as it got down the crunch time, he was making the catches that they were open they would be making.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it's just that he's not a spring pump anymore. Tom Brady has kind of set the standard for old men playing in the NFL successfully, and maybe you'll see players you know who, barring injury, will extend their careers out a little bit more. But Kelsey says about three more years. He plans on being an Eagle three years from now and maybe more Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 1: And Patrick Mahomes embraced the Chiefs villain status because nobody nobody likes the Chiefs. Was I was on this tirade? I think last week when I said, no, people aren't happy with me right now. Is it my stance on Donald Trump? Is it my stance on illegal immigration? No, it's my support of the Kansas City Chiefs that has so many people wanked off at me and I just don't get it.
Speaker 3: Do you get it?
Speaker 1: I kind of get it.
Speaker 2: People are always I think they get tired of seeing teams win every year. That's just a human thing unless you're unless you're a Chiefs fan. I mean, I always go back to the Steelers. I would love to have six super Bowl championships to brag about. I'm sorry, I would love to have that to brag about. As you're a Chiefs fan. Hey, you know, we can maybe make history here with a three repeat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean maybe.
Speaker 1: But still, I don't think they should take it out on me just because I'm rooting for the Red and Gold. I mean, I've got to Tomahawk chop down. I'm ready to go, but I'm not going out.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big fan of the Chiefs. I don't hate the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: There's a couple other.
Speaker 2: I don't hate the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: That what I'm telling you is people hate me just because I love the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: That's That's what a lot of it is. Because we've gotten beat by the Chiefs and kind of gotten screwed by the by the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: If you want to take it that bar okay.
Speaker 1: Well most people try and take it that way. They think that the only reason the Chiefs are in the Super Bowl is because they've screwed everybody else with the help of the referees, which I don't agree with either, So maybe that's why I've gotten such such flak back.
Speaker 3: I did want to talk to you about the.
Speaker 1: Bengals just for a second, because they are named in an article I read this morning as one of the leading contenders for a Cooper Cup trade, because Cooper Cup has acknowledged that he's definitely going to be traded from the Rams, and the Cincinnati Bengals mentioned as one of the best possible destinations for Cooper along with along with the Patriots and along with let's see who else on the list here or.
Speaker 2: You just said the word that doesn't happen, And with the Cincinnati Bengals trade, they you go back and look at the history of trades that they've made. Cooper Cup, I don't believe is coming here. T Higgins is going to stay with the Bengal They're going.
Speaker 4: To find a way.
Speaker 2: They're going to find a way. I'm telling you, Garry Jeff to keep t Higgins here. We know Jamar Chasen and Joe or you are joined at the hip, and we know he's not going anywhere. But I know Joe Burrow, I mean, I can't say exactly, but he has already said expressed this feelings, probably surely in private. We know he's already expressed this feeling and public about T Higgins. We're going to find a way to keep T Higgins there.
Speaker 4: They are.
Speaker 1: The other two teams mentioned besides the Bengals and the Patriots were the Washington Commanders, which they desperately could use another receiver for Jaden Daniels, like Cooper Cup or the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'd hate to see him wind up with the Steelers and have to face him two times a year, don't you think.
Speaker 2: I went like I went like Cooper Cup going there either. He didn't have a great year this year. In fact, Cooper Cup was one of my top fantasy football players and my and my on my team, and he didn't have very good year. But that you know, that's that's how it goes when you start getting younger guys to having better years. So I don't know where he's going to end that back, but he's not coming here of Cincinnati right.
Speaker 1: I'll make a book on that, so you you think that there's actually a way for the Bengals to figure out to have t Higgins be there next year, even though he got he got hit with the franchise tag, all this stuff that's happened, the acrimony around extending and signing him to an extension, it just it just seemed for a while like it definitely wasn't gonna Hay isn't going to be here next year. But you think there's somehow, some way that they're going to get higginsport.
Speaker 2: I really, I really do, Gary, Jeff. I mean, the Bengals front office are not stupid. They know the window, you know, is only open for a slight at a short time in order to get to that Super Bowl. And I brought it up a couple of times two weeks ago with you, Mike Brown is not getting any younger. They really would like to get a Super Bowl championship for him before he you know go, you know, passes on. I think that that ship that might weigh and then for them to get this deal and this team.
Speaker 4: Is worth coming in.
Speaker 2: This team is worth what three point bion dollars something like that. They've got the money. It's the way you move it around and they know they know how to play that game. They not all the teams do that. And if you want to keep Joe Burrow happy, I mean, and you want Joe Burrow, all of a sudden they pull Carson Palmer. I don't know if he would do that or not, but you don't, you know, don't rule it.
Speaker 4: Out because it could happen.
Speaker 1: And the other NFL news here among the the rotating wheel of play interchangeable players in the office season, Kirk Cousins feels he's got a lot of good football left amid amid questions about his future. I just Kirk Cousins has just kind of fizzled out. I mean, you lost his job in Atlanta to uh to a rookie and uh, I mean, where where is Kirk Cousins gonna wind up? You think you'll still be playing next year?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think Kirk Cousins a very good quarterback. I mean when he's I don't know that Atlanta was you know, was a good fix for him.
Speaker 4: I mean he acted like it was and then he gets you don't know what.
Speaker 2: These coaches are thinking when they bring these guys in or you know, don't they talk about the game plan or you know our culture.
Speaker 4: Maybe it wasn't that.
Speaker 2: After we got in there, it was like, well, this isn't gonna work, and I wouldn't want to play for the Atlanta Falcons' are ever gonna win anything?
Speaker 1: They stink.
Speaker 3: That's what I love about you, wile Man.
Speaker 1: You don't parse your words, don't him in hall around Well listen, uh. I appreciate the time tonight filling a hole after basketball on the night cap, and look forward to future conversations and can't wait for Super Bowl fifty nine on Sunday. Where will you be on Sunday to watch the big game? Wild Man?
Speaker 2: Well, it was just wait for you to get to me that before we can decide who was going to win this game, I will be out in clee I will be at a big super Bowl party my buddies have every year out in Cleeves. I mean there is more food there you can feed an army battalion. And I'm looking forward to being out there with all the boys. A bunch of old guy a bunch of guys I've known for years. It says a good old time and then I'm my money's on the Philadelphia Eagles to win the Super Bowl. I'm not going to give you a score, but I give I have to give you this. Saquon Barkley, he scores over one hundred yards. They're gonna win that game easy. They're gonna win.
Speaker 3: They're gonna win easy.
Speaker 1: He may run for one hundred yards on the first play from scrimmage.
Speaker 2: I mean, none of us last games, including the playoffs, he's gone over one hundred yards. Like I said, a Saquon Barkley goes, so goes the Eagles. They've got the boys upfront, and then the running game is working, and then the passing game is gonna help. So I'm gonna take I'm better take the Eagles.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sticking with my Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Well, sure you are.
Speaker 3: I mean, do we have a bet on this?
Speaker 1: I mean, is there a wager that you would like to put forth on the air, just for for the sake of fun.
Speaker 3: I'm not lying, I'm not don't don't give.
Speaker 1: Me a dollar value, something more tangible than even money. Wild man, What what can you put up against my Chiefs and I'll put up against your Eagles?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what.
Speaker 6: Throw it in your lap.
Speaker 4: What are you thinking.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean you kind of got me off base here about that.
Speaker 3: Well, no, we didn't talk about it.
Speaker 1: But uh, let's see, all right, Uh, you have to wear my Chiefs hoodie.
Speaker 3: In public?
Speaker 6: No, I'm not going.
Speaker 2: I'm not wearing no damn Chiefs hoodie.
Speaker 3: You have to wear my Chiefs hoodie in public? All right? Well out, I'll know.
Speaker 2: I'm not wearing that. I'm not wearing that. I've already got already got some girl that's always trying to get me to when we bet Kentucky whoever they play. I know I'm not a big fan of the Wildcats. And then she's always saying, well, well, if I make the bed and you lose, you got to wear Kentucky Hoodie're like, no, we're not making that bet. And I catch me wearing Kentucky guard all.
Speaker 3: Right, wild ain't happening?
Speaker 1: All right, wild man, So that your convictions aren't strong enough to make some kind of a wager where you might be embarrassed by.
Speaker 2: Are very strong, good victors are very strong.
Speaker 1: You want to but we.
Speaker 2: Can we can make a we can make the dinner a dinner bet.
Speaker 4: Possibly.
Speaker 1: Oh that that's that's possibly, that's possibly. I tell you what, We'll just do a gentleman's wager of a dollar and and I will sign the dollar if if I lose. But I'm not going to lose. I'm looking forward to another hundred pennies in my account next Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh where are you going to be Sunday?
Speaker 1: I'm going to be at home and I are just got to be at home, okay, Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have all the food to ourselves.
Speaker 2: Right Okay, Well, like I said, the party I'm going to, there's more food you can feed their army battalion. Man, all right, not go along with the beer and the pop and the desserts something square.
Speaker 1: Wait, you said you could feed an army battalion. What are the rest of the guy who's gonna eat? If you're there?
Speaker 2: I know no thing lacking for by the super Bowl party or strippers, but unfortunately these guys wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, yeah, you've seen you've seen a woman naked before? Right?
Speaker 4: Once or twice?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're good? Wild Man takes care good, all right. Andy Furman is coming up next on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 7: Seven hundred W l W Cincinnati available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app number one for podcasting seven hundred w l W and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 8: Addiction can be isolating, but there is strength in numbers. Together, we can bring out the best in those who are in need of recovery while we'removing stigma.
Speaker 1: The fear is He's always there for me, whatever that means, and I am so appreciative that he's willing to be there for me. He's my buddy, my pal, my mention. He is the one and only Furball, Andy Furman. And here you are, and once again you are here for me.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 9: I'm here for you because basically I have nothing better to do.
Speaker 4: That's why I'm here.
Speaker 9: For you, really, but I do enjoy your company, and you're a great opportunity for me to be a sounding board event.
Speaker 4: That's right, That's why I enjoyed to event.
Speaker 9: And that's the problem with freaking sports talk on the radio today. They're all kiss ass, that's what they are. I'm not saying you got to be a negative guy and you have to go out there with a hard poon and bury people, but you know what they're wishy washing, be consistent.
Speaker 4: And let me give you an example of play. Please do the university.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I will the university since any basketball team was trying sixteenth in the country.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, Wes Miller.
Speaker 9: Wes Miller. Now they want to hang the son of a bitch.
Speaker 4: Really, you know what, be consistent, you know, all of a sudden, now I'm hearing hosts behind the microphone. They don't listen to him. He's not tough enough. He called the time out.
Speaker 9: He wanted to have depressed, and they were listening. But when the team was sixteenth in the country, everything was fine.
Speaker 4: You can't have it both ways.
Speaker 9: Either you like the guy or you hate the guy, or you.
Speaker 4: Think he's a good coach or he's not a good coach. Come on, you know what.
Speaker 9: It makes me sick to listen to these people who go like the.
Speaker 4: Wind to like a flag. They wave in the wind. That's what they do well.
Speaker 1: And Andy, no one could accuse you of that. You plant your flag sometimes on the wrong planet, but you're not afraid to plant that flag and stand behind it, because well, how do you turn.
Speaker 9: Against Miller when you were in love with the guy and you're going Gada and they're going to the susup like tournament.
Speaker 4: Now you want the guy fired. I mean, come on, it doesn't make you sound stupid.
Speaker 9: Don't you understand I'm trying to help these people that do the talking behind the microphone.
Speaker 4: You sound foolish, you really do.
Speaker 1: And you just sound angry, which is great for our conversations.
Speaker 3: Anytime you know angry, angry, why let me tell.
Speaker 9: You why I'm Let me tell you why I'm angry. You know why, because those people are stealing money. They're stealing money.
Speaker 4: You open up the microphone.
Speaker 9: They're not saying whatever gets people to get clicks and to get phone calls. You're stealing money because you're not you're not talking.
Speaker 4: From your heart. You're really not what I tell you yourself.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you who's stealing money, Andy, the players on the nil cashing their eight hundred thousand dollars check and not caring if they shoot seventeen for fifty four in a game. And Ands Miller. I don't know that the problems Wes Miller's. It may be the whole damn system for all. For all I can tell Andy, because you got players. You got players, and I was talking with somebody else about this. You got players who are now instead of struggling through through class and struggling through college with the perks that athletes already had, mind you, but now they can just come and go as they please, willy nilly, and they're getting paid in six figures for playing a game, and they're getting free tuition at the college. I think they're just mailing it in some of these guys. What's the possibility of that.
Speaker 9: That's first of all, don't play manil. That's the coaches fought that they mail and get in Number one. Number two, Let's go on another direction. You say they could come and go as they please. You know I'm hearing that, you know, I'm thinking of the coaches. Coaches come and go as they please too, and then they can seven figures. Okay, so it goes both ways. If the coaches could get seven figures and go both ways and quit and go any place they want to go without having to sit out the players.
Speaker 4: Who are bring in so much to the school.
Speaker 9: They increase enrollment, they increase visibility, they increase merchandise sales, they get.
Speaker 4: Them on TV. That's the problem. You know what the problem is. You have to know what lane that you're in. When I say that, I mean this, I mean.
Speaker 9: You see, was a big fish in a small pond in the American Athletic Conference.
Speaker 4: They dominated that conference. They won. Everybody was happy. They were a winner. They went to the tournament every year.
Speaker 9: Now they stepped it up. They go into the Big twelve. They can't compete in the Big twelve. I don't care how much you pay these kids, they will never ever compete with the Canvases of the world.
Speaker 4: They can't.
Speaker 9: They can't and they won't. They're not made to compete with them. However, the good news is, I guess for the accountants at the University of Cincinnati, the bottom line is increasing because going to the Big twelve, you're getting big paydays, big time money coming into the university. The bad news is for the fans. A, the team will not be competitive and B. Those games are never on TV anymore. Anytime you want to watch you see it's on ESPN.
Speaker 4: Plus.
Speaker 9: When they were in the American they were always on television.
Speaker 4: They're never on TV.
Speaker 1: Now, no I would, they're on television. They're kind of but television, television and radio kind of becoming different animals than we grew up with Andy and and to say somebody's not on television when it's obvious you can watch the game on a stream if you have the service that is television, is it not?
Speaker 3: It's not over the air TV.
Speaker 9: I get Fox Sports. I get Fox Sports. I got Fox Sports one. I get every Big East game over there, and I'm paying for it. Okay, I'll watch the Xavier game against Georgetown.
Speaker 4: It's on s S one. I have to pay extra. I have to go to ESPN.
Speaker 9: Plus to watch. U see a different animals. The Fox Sports situation and the Big East.
Speaker 4: Have a hell of a deal.
Speaker 9: The Big East and Fox Sports have a tremendous TV deal and a great package.
Speaker 1: Are you telling me though comment you made earlier? It's it's the coach's fault. It's not the nil's fault. Isn't it human nature to know that you've got a secure paycheck no matter what you do or how you perform. I thought that the players that I saw in college basketball college football were hungrier when they actually had to do something to attain goals like being attracted to the NBA or the NFL. If you're going to get six seven hundred thousand dollars a year playing college basketball, do you think that? And you see it all the time in the pros Andy, when a guy gets a big contract, sometimes his performance falls way off because he's already gotten the payday. He's already cracked a golden egg, and he doesn't have to try anymore.
Speaker 3: And I see some of that.
Speaker 1: I see some of that quit in this U see Bearcats basketball program.
Speaker 3: And you lay that all at the doorstep of Wes Miller. Right.
Speaker 4: First of all, I think you got to get your head on straight.
Speaker 9: No one on the University of Cincinnati is making eight hundred thousand dollars. I would venture to guess take that entire roster of twelve to fourteen guys totally that I'm making eight hundred thousand dollars. That's number one. Number two, that's obvious to me that you have never been involved with athletics, being on the collegiate level or the professional level.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not saying you weren't a player, but you weren't involved with them. I worked with pro teams.
Speaker 9: I was a pr guy with many pro teams and many college teams. Anytime a kid straps it up or an athlete strapsed it up basketball or football, they have a competitive juice. I don't care about the money, and they don't care about the money either when the game starts. It's not about money. You don't think Jamar Chase is a competitor, no.
Speaker 4: Matter how much money he makes. It's not about the money.
Speaker 9: You have to be motivated by a leader, a good leader. I don't think Wes Miller is a tremendous leader. When I read the Cincinnati Inquiry yesterday that Jason Williams, who wrote a tremendous column They've been the best column he ever wrote, he used the term that should never ever be associated with a professional athlete or a collegiate athlete. He used the term that they were soft. That is the worst thing you could ever call an athlete. It's soft. And the University of Cincinnati basketball team, for whatever the reason, they're soft. They're not motivated to play. Whose job is that. That's the leader, that's the coach. He's not motivating them to play. He's not getting he Look, you know how you motivate them, tough practices. You know how you motivate them. Put them on the bench, put another player on there to take their place. That's how you motivate them. He's not motivating them.
Speaker 1: All right, and you you felt this way when they were sixteenth ranked, right?
Speaker 10: I mean no, no, no, no, back to your original Back to your original argument, Andy, back to your you said all these guys were just you know, in Google eye when.
Speaker 9: No problem West Miller. No, no, no, no, I have no problem Wes Miller. He simply because you cannot change a coach's style of coaching. He's not an NUF yelling yellow or a screamer. That's just the way he is. If these guys don't want to perform for him, that's his problem. Okay, he's got to find a way to get that to perform.
Speaker 4: Have performed better now here. The deal is. The deal is that they were tremendous before Big twelve play. What did it tell you?
Speaker 9: It's not about coaching, it's not about motivation, it's not about not playing, but being sold.
Speaker 4: They're not as.
Speaker 9: Good as the competition in the Big twelve. That's why I'm getting back to my original point. They were big fishes and little ponds in the American athletic They can't compete in the Big twelve.
Speaker 4: They can't and they won't. They won't.
Speaker 1: Well what what what bothers me is they won't. So you're you're negating any possibility that Cincinnati rises above their act status and gets up to speed in the Big Twelve. And I think that that's very defeatist of you.
Speaker 3: Andy, it's gonna happen.
Speaker 9: Has Northwestern ever been a power in their conference? As Vanderbilt ever competed in the SEC? You're a visible guy. I mean, come on, there are certain schools that just can't and won't.
Speaker 1: They don't have the talent and Andy, Andy, Andy, Andy, Vandy and Northwestern can't compete in their respective conferences because of the requirements to play ball at those schools much higher than than the state run.
Speaker 4: Private are you.
Speaker 9: Are you telling me that kids that have high academic scores and the smart kids can't play. Don't tell out that, Bill Bradley, who played for Princeton, don't go there.
Speaker 4: Don't go there.
Speaker 10: You give me, don't you give me no, you give me one exception to the rule.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you what you've got.
Speaker 1: You've got this year, this year, that's right, this year.
Speaker 3: Watch what happens next year.
Speaker 1: They won't be back in the National Championship Game because the requirements to go to school there are so much higher than the teams that they are facing on a regular And I'm telling you this.
Speaker 9: You're telling me that the intelligent kids cannot compete athletically.
Speaker 4: That's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying it's it's brains versus braun, and braun always bears out in physical acts and physical games of skill, Braun always wins over brains.
Speaker 3: And at Vanderbilt, at Vanderbilt.
Speaker 1: At Vanderbilt, when when you've got a linebacker at Vanderbilt who is crushing a quarterback, it's like neuroscientist meet general studies major who probably is carrying a two point zero and barely that. Just to stay in that state public school versus the private school. Vanderbilt is the only private school in the SEC. I think same thing with Northwest Northwestern in the Big Ten, the only private school starts on state run.
Speaker 4: Shame on you.
Speaker 9: Shame on you for bringing academics and making a comparison that you can't play if you're a good athlete. First of all, let me just say this, these athletes will not compete in Vanderbilt and the Northwest of because if you're a five star athlete in college, I'm high school. If you're a five star in the high school and you're being recruited. It's an eagle thing. You don't want to go to Vanderbilt. If you're a five star basketball player, what do you want to do? You want to either go to Kansas or Kentucky or a big time basketball school. That's what you want to do. Vanderbilt's not on your radar.
Speaker 3: That's why Vanderbilt.
Speaker 1: Vanderbilt does get some five star athletes out of high school, but they're also they're also getting there also, yes, and they're also getting MEN'SA candidates because they want to go to a prestigious school like Vanderbilt, where academics over athletics is is centered and focused. That I mean that, that's their whole focus is to turn out smart people who actually make our lives better instead of just dumb jocks who who entertain us like clowns.
Speaker 4: All my words, all my world.
Speaker 9: It's smacking around guys who put on uniforms and calling.
Speaker 4: Them dumb johns.
Speaker 9: Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness, Joe Burrow, I guess there's a dumb job to you.
Speaker 4: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't think I.
Speaker 9: Mean a lot of a lot of stuff is coming out of your mouth now that I can't believe.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that Joe Burrow would have been accepted into Vanderbilt had he wanted to play there.
Speaker 3: I don't know about his academic background.
Speaker 4: Andy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I will tell you this, I think that if you're a great athlete, they kind of look the other way a little bit with grades. And I don't think that's that's the right athletes.
Speaker 1: That's right, they look the other way. Vanderbilt doesn't look the other way. Andy, that's the difference.
Speaker 4: You don't know that. I do know that, but I will tell you this much.
Speaker 9: I don't think there's a big deal if you're a great athlete. I've seen IVY League schools play great basketball over the years because they've had great coaches. Princeton had a great coach for years and they did well, and they did well on the NCAA tournament. Why a great coach and it got great place to go to Princeton. According to Bill brand And over the last five ten years, Firston has been somewhat competitive in the nc DOUBLE.
Speaker 1: Somewhat competitive is way different than winning your conference or making the NCUBA tournament or going far in the NC Double A. You know, some success is not the success that you and I are talking to or that these teams aspire to.
Speaker 3: Andy, I would say this.
Speaker 9: I think coaching in the IVY League and maybe it's some other institutions that are maybe higher academically, the coaches know that their contract is not dependent upon making the NT double A tournament very year, their contracts dependent upon graduating. Do not get on probation and be somewhat competitive, And maybe that's the way it should be, but it's not that way. I mean, look look at these idiots in Columbus. They wanted Ryan Day fired after they lost to Michigan.
Speaker 4: Fired. The guy's record is seventy and ten and they want.
Speaker 1: To when you take it, when you take that, when you take when you take the head coaching job at Ohio State, you know, the only thing that the alumni that you know, the board cares about is beating Michigan. You know that when you take that. He knew that when he took that job, and he has not been able to successfully beat Michigan at Ohio State. And that's one of the requirements of holding that job.
Speaker 4: Andy, what was the national title of there's three things.
Speaker 9: I know, Ohio State, you gotta do three things. You gotta beat Michigan, win the Big Ten, and win the National champion r.
Speaker 1: Two out of three, eight bad. Two out of three, eight bad. But but I wasn't the one calling for Ryan Day to be fired. My buddy Doug Bonson, who's an Ohio State alum, he wasn't happy about it, but he wasn't calling for him to be fired. I mean, you know, common sense comes in when there's a national championship at stake.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, a lot of people are idiots, you know that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't use the term idiots. I think expectations are so ridiculous.
Speaker 9: They're off the roof of a building. That's how much these expectations are on people. And maybe that's a good thing, you know. I think when expectations.
Speaker 4: Are high, caused by the.
Speaker 9: Fan base, I think the team has pressure on them to do it maybe even better. I don't think there's a lot of expectations at the University of Cincinnati. I really know, expectations are somewhat low. Expectations this year were make the tournament. They won't even make the n I t This year expectations are low. If the expectations are I'll give you an example. When Bob Huggins was hired his first year, coming up a twenty lost season by Tony Yates. He was hired and at his news conference when I was there, he said, we're going to make the tournament this year. People rolled their eyes. They made the ni T. They made the ni T that first year. He strove and his own expectations.
Speaker 4: He pushed them.
Speaker 9: He got players to come in, They worked hard, He worked his rare end off and he's a hell of a coach. And I tell you right now, I wish Bob Huggins would come back and coach the Cincinnati this year, if in fact, they do let west Miller go.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's possible that Huggs would be back on the bench for UC next year if they found a way to unburden themselves with Wes Miller.
Speaker 9: Well, if the other Miller is coaching his Xavier, if he ran a dirty program in Arizona, it's very possible that Bob Huggins could come back.
Speaker 3: You always go back to dirty program in Arizona.
Speaker 1: And he never was charged, He never was charged with anything.
Speaker 9: It was his program, and he's responsible. That's the way I told Rick Patino lost.
Speaker 4: His job at Louisville.
Speaker 9: He was responsible. He lost his job when they had hooks coming into the dorm. He said he didn't know about it, but he lost his job. Why he's responsible, he has to know about it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Rick Patino shouldn't have been sleeping with the athletic director's wife or an athletic trainer's wife either on the sly, maybe that had les a little bit to do with it.
Speaker 9: I'd have to do with it what I have to do with this program being dirty.
Speaker 3: But I didn't say Rick Patino's program was dirty.
Speaker 4: It wasn't Louisville. It was bad. Hook is going into the dorm.
Speaker 3: Andy, have you ever been in a room with hookers?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Never, You've never been in a room with hookers?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: No, not? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Why why would I at Red Spring Training in Florida? You know Mon's venus or something like that. You've never been in a room with snippers or hookers?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Does your wife listen to this broadcast?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: It's that you know? Well, feel free to see.
Speaker 4: Does I mean? And I am? I would tell you if I was. Why would I be. I mean, why why would I go.
Speaker 3: You're a red blooded American mail you have urges.
Speaker 4: My old urges that remain in my home.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, all right, well Wendy must be exhausted. I guess I don't know. I don't know. So anyway, what last thoughts here?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes, go ahead, all right? My last yeah, well.
Speaker 1: My last thought Andy is I think you were you are blinded to the fact that nil money is making these players, in some cases less hungry to perform.
Speaker 3: And you didn't see that.
Speaker 1: You did not see that before the nil and the transfer portal came into being in college athletics.
Speaker 3: And also.
Speaker 1: And also, Vanderbilt and Northwestern will never win any college championship strictly because of the requirements to attend school there, because their athletes actually attend school.
Speaker 4: You see that.
Speaker 9: That's a full popic lest those schools. Maybe they won't win football and basketball, they had won championships, They won things in track and field, in baseball, take one other sports. Basically, what's the difference, Well, so what's the difference?
Speaker 4: I understand? I mean, I think I.
Speaker 1: Think overall, I think I think overall, I think overall, swimming, volleyball, and baseball players are smarter than football and basketball players.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 9: Oh geez, I don't want to put brains as opposed to brawn them. I don't think it makes a difference. If you're an athlete, you have it in your heart, not between your ears. All right, it's in your heart. If you want to win, your.
Speaker 4: Win, that's it.
Speaker 9: And you have to have a good teacher to help you win well, and the teacher is the coach you.
Speaker 1: Also you also have to have it between your ears and between your.
Speaker 3: Legs because you have to have some cahunies.
Speaker 4: We gets tough, all right, Yeah, I agree that.
Speaker 1: All right, Andy, thank thank you so much for spending time and filling this hole.
Speaker 4: Thank you all right. Good Andy.
Speaker 3: Ferball Furman on the Nightcap on seven hundred W.
Speaker 6: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Visions of Gaza with American involvement and ownership with the twelve o'clock reports, I'm Ley mawin breaking now.
Speaker 1: We have an opportunity to do something that could be phenomenal.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to be cute. I don't want to be a wise guy. But the riviera of the Middle East.
Speaker 8: This could be something that could be so bad, This could be so magnificent. President Donald Trump sharing his ideas for the future of the Gaza Strip during a press conference with Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Nett Yahoo. While the Palestinians this place from the war are better off elsewhere, according to Trump, while considering US involvement and ownership. At tonight's press conference, was ABC News White House correspondent Mary Alice Parks.
Speaker 5: The President of the United States, saying that he would like the United States to permanently or indefinitely their own and control the Gaza Strip, saying that there has to be new historic thinking in the region. Of course, I was eager to ask what his next steps are. How he thinks he would have any authority on the national stage, on in the international world stage to take over a sovereign piece of territory.
Speaker 8: Now, the latest traffic and weather together, we are not seeing any reports of accidents in the tri State.
Speaker 3: You're looking good, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you. No fear dentist dot com on the.
Speaker 6: Way to our Wednesday daybreak, increasing clouds seven am ten thirty degrees. Our Wednesday vends, rain and showers by the afternoon, A chance of a little wintery mix. My high thirty six at night, rain and a few thunderstorms, likely a low of thirty five. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: No precipitation around the tri State. It's currently thirty three degrees. We're following news in central Ohio as a mass police presence is reported at a New Albany warehouse around ten thirty Tuesday night. ABC six reporting a very active scene of the eighty eight hundred block of Smithsville Road North near the KDC one Cosmetics building, and crews just got done talking to ABC six mentioning an active shooter. We're trying to get more information as we speak. Keep it here to news radio seven hundred WLW again, that's happening in New Albany. Additional details have not been released at this time. From Aurora to the Cotton the Hill, one man arrested after a police chase ends with I seventy one seventy five south closing Tuesday morning, Dustin Coles spotted in southeast Indiana with a national extraditible warrant out for his arrest. Stop six were deployed in Lawrenceburg, flattening one of the four tires on Cole's car. The chase did reach speeds around seventy miles per hour and another stop SICK was deployed on the highway sometime around north of Kentucky, and at least a dozen police cruisers were spotted in the highway. Cole was arrested by Covington police. The interstate reopened around noon.