Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode nine hundred June go July twenty second, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: I am your host Chian show. What joining me? Co Captain of the ship. His special meter is filled, so he's going to hit up down triangle to hit a sick grind.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bakour Oh, I don't even know what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 2: I am out here, co captain of the ship. He's wearing fun prints and he is a prince among men.
Speaker 3: Jeff Grubb Hey happy, nine hundred years old.
Speaker 1: Speaking about nine hundred years old.
Speaker 2: He is he is, He sees through time because he exists past it Ian Rekerd.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be the last last pot Wait, no, that's not true. Forget the whole thing. I was just gonna say, never mind.
Speaker 3: Okay, what yeah, you're getting a new face.
Speaker 4: Well no, I was gonna talk about how after this I'm getting my emplan it's gonna be the last one without the hold of my tooth. But then I realized I'm just getting the screw put in my gums today. It's gonna be a few months for to so hold your excitement. Folks, I'll have a tooth in a few months. Good work, then, thank you, thank you, bad back.
Speaker 3: Down, don't worry about it. Yeah he was lying.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, all right, off to a brilliant start. But we can't start without the boy of games media, and we actually can't start streaming until he kills his stream that he accidentally left out for fifteen hours.
Speaker 1: I'm bad.
Speaker 5: I do bad things to good people. That's how bad I am. Even bad things that bad people like some like kind of good bad people. It's just pure bad, bad on good bad on good action all the time.
Speaker 2: Mike Minatti, can you please do a cover of Rikishi's theme song when he turned bad called bad Man?
Speaker 5: I don't know it goes no no, no, no, no, no no no bad man.
Speaker 2: No fatwear, fat ware? We start learning fatwear?
Speaker 1: That's offensive?
Speaker 2: How is it offensive?
Speaker 3: At war? So it's like him and pretty hot and tempting, is what I was talking.
Speaker 4: I'm not a hip start every podcast with a stink face, a five way stink face.
Speaker 5: Cameras think don't like that? Oh camera, just shut my butt in the camera. Yeah, just I mean this would it be the first camera this week?
Speaker 1: Up?
Speaker 2: How be nine hundredth episode to the Giant BombCast, and I'm very overjoyed to be to be spending it with y'all. How's everyone doing.
Speaker 5: I can't believe I've been here for nine hundred episodes.
Speaker 3: I was waiting to see who would make the joke, but he's.
Speaker 1: Been here the whole time. That was my intro. The mistake You wait me, you you made a mistake.
Speaker 3: The first though, so kind of balance this out right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my brain is just all over the place, like the last couple of months I saw it.
Speaker 3: I just feel like a right two intros, back a lark.
Speaker 1: This again. No, no, no, we're doing it again. Here we go. I'm not I'm not. I'm not upset. He's upset. We're doing it. We're doing good. This feels this feels better. It feels right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, we've were already on episode nine hundred and one.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is n.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday. Welcome to the Giant BombCast. July twenty second, twenty five. I am your host, Chan Shoa, and welcome episode nine one hundred.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: He is the Master of Prince because he's got printed shirts, he's got blue prince. He is a prince among men, and he is our king, but uh you know he's royalty up in this this, this this house, Jeff Bruh.
Speaker 1: That's right, bow down, kiss the ring.
Speaker 2: Speaking about kissing the ring, he's all about smooches inside and outside the ring, but only consensually, and only if you if he agrees as well, because consent consent is a two way street.
Speaker 7: Dan Reikert, I'm the smooch man, Dan, AND's what they say, smooching around town.
Speaker 2: Good, he's smooching around town. H and he is around town because he is the busiest man in games media. He's also the busiest man of the owners here. Mister busy, he comes from busy town. That's right.
Speaker 1: He drives an apple around. He's a little worm man. Jeff Pakalar. Hey is that better? That was better? Hey?
Speaker 3: What's up that fan art?
Speaker 6: Better be done in like five minutes please, I need to see.
Speaker 3: Is that the name of the worm mister Busy?
Speaker 1: No Richard scary thing? Yeah, I just remember busy town. Okay, Uh it might be.
Speaker 2: But you won't catch this next man driving an apple around because he hates them.
Speaker 1: Because he's a bird boy of games Media.
Speaker 2: He won't even be driving any type of fruit automobile around here.
Speaker 1: Hot dog mobile, the Oscar Meyer hot dog van.
Speaker 2: Only for a bad boy, Mike Manatti, I'll kill you.
Speaker 1: What uh? If there's any food vehicle that Mike Manhatti is driving around, it's gotta be a roast beef mobile.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, or or a giant bozzarella stick kind of like the or buy a weader mobile, a mayonnaise cake mobile.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mike, I Oh, I had a devil I had a bite of a deviled egg this weekend for the first time.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, congratulations, good right, Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't do that. Yeah, Hey, Jen Jen Jen, Jen Jen Jen, We're not doing it again. How do you feel about the fact that we are now currently existing in a K pop demon hunter's world?
Speaker 4: Okay, I have a question, folks, before you say anything about it.
Speaker 7: I'm probably going to watch it tonight.
Speaker 1: Yo, this is the shit.
Speaker 7: Okay, back, Mary's making me watch it.
Speaker 1: Dib Dib discovered it like three days ago. He's probably the one of the first eight hundred thousand kids to watch it. Way more than that. Oh my god, it's so fucking good. It's so good. Why is it so good? Why did they just toss it to Netflix? I don't underst Dan.
Speaker 3: This is the new Netflix animated children's movie.
Speaker 1: Right, that's popular. I think it's like I would call it like a tween movie, a pre tweeny. No, you still might like it, Dan, Okay, you watch it.
Speaker 3: It means you're an immature piece of ship.
Speaker 1: Kid.
Speaker 3: If it's so, you better watch out.
Speaker 1: Be careful. I mean, like, it's not just for kids like I. I've I haven't seen it all the way through. He's watched it like front to back like three times in a row. He was sick last week, so he'd he binged that, and he also binged this Gravity Falls show on Disney. But friend of side Tim who recommended it. But oh my god, oh my lord, this movie. And it's like it's the it's the same studio that does the Spider Man thing. Is that what? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I like those movies a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, tremendousous sony animation, sony animation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, I didn't know that, all right, I believe Yeah.
Speaker 7: Is it the same style?
Speaker 1: It's not the like comic book, but it does seem like it has like a cap on the frame rate. If that makes sense in the way that those movies do.
Speaker 7: If I know nothing about k pop, does that matter?
Speaker 1: No, you don't. You don't need to know anything about k pop.
Speaker 7: Hunting No, but I've seen media.
Speaker 2: Okay, late, you put the you put the trap down? What is it?
Speaker 1: Mike oh me? Yeah? Yeah. Do you know where K pop's from?
Speaker 7: Korea?
Speaker 1: Which one? So North? This is how? Okay? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, go on saying follow up?
Speaker 3: Kim Jong Ill invented k pop in nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 4: My grandfather fought deliberate Korea. I know about Korea. I don't know who the Korean War was, but I assume I don't.
Speaker 1: Know Korea was involved. I don't know. You ever see mash No?
Speaker 2: Is that what mashes about?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, in Korea?
Speaker 1: Korean conflict?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's anytime I ordered a spicy tofu stoup and it's too spicy.
Speaker 3: Green conflict down there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, spicy there, gang.
Speaker 2: This is how we announce, Uh, the five of us are going to the next Black Pink show together.
Speaker 3: That's right, I would go to that. I like songs.
Speaker 2: That's the cape pop band. Dan, who's your favorite member of Black Pink?
Speaker 1: Scary? Well? You know. One of them is a little bit scary. Sure, Richard's scary. That's called a callback.
Speaker 7: How many Spice Girls can you name?
Speaker 1: Uh, there's scary spice Gosh.
Speaker 5: I feel like, man, if you had as I could do. Okay, And now we're here, there's ginger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there's scary. There's ginger.
Speaker 5: Man, I feel like I should be able to do better than this. But there's baby Baby.
Speaker 1: I read to Spice World for the PlayStation one. I should be good at that. You could name all the Dwarves. You should name all the Spice Girls.
Speaker 3: They were the Dwarfs, the Dwarves in the nineties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are millennials, okay, yeah, if you want to be I don't know if I can name three Spice Girl songs.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, trying to be was the obvious one. Then there was oh god, what else?
Speaker 8: I mean?
Speaker 5: I assume there's a song called Spice World.
Speaker 7: There's there's a Spice of your Life song right.
Speaker 5: Half the word spice in it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you all seen that the Backstreet Boys are on a doing a reunion show in the sphere right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have friends. I would watch that flying on a little thing that was cool.
Speaker 2: How much money do you think we have to pay to just get like a minute of Sphere time?
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Inside, but like we get to do the podcast, but for like a minute?
Speaker 1: One minute?
Speaker 6: Yeah, how don't think with the back of are I think we have to pay twenty five dollars and they'll give us a minute.
Speaker 1: So there we go.
Speaker 4: I mean it costs like two hundred togo see a Darren Aronowski thing when I went there, So that's to view it.
Speaker 7: So I can't imagine.
Speaker 3: I just want to put the bomb logo on the outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah that would be cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, folks, if you know anyone that works at the Sphere, get in contact. I want to know guys.
Speaker 1: It's it's the Dolans, right, don't they? Who are the Dolans? Then the Nix and Rangers?
Speaker 2: I think I think, well, if you own the Knicks or the Rangers, holler please gang speaking about music and h watching shows. I need to get this off my chest. And I know this is a video game podcast and we'll get to the video game soon enough. But I went and saw New Jersey Zone my Chemical Romance this weekend.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, Kemys, we thank you for your business.
Speaker 2: They had a whole elaborate story going on the whole whole time, and I didn't understand shit about it. Apparently my Chemical Romance created their own and I think this mostly art.
Speaker 1: It's like a comic book writers.
Speaker 2: You know, he's a little comic book man, right, and he made his own alphabet for the show.
Speaker 3: And then like the think the ones that did the Spider Man theme song for that cartoon recently. That's a children's show. Why am I asking grown men? I'll just google it. You guys.
Speaker 4: Did they do the parade song? That's parade? Yeh okay, I've heard that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, stop it, Jan, can we don't oh chemical roll?
Speaker 4: I remember seeing somebody do that at karaoke and I was like, oh, I think I know that song.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's not a.
Speaker 1: Bit on Jen. I want to hear about your lovely experience. Thank you, Jen.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I think it's been a hot minute since I've went and watched like a concert of a band or an artist I know, like front to back most like maybe like ninety five percent of their geography and yo, all the and I say this parenthesis positive please sure, that's how fucking Freaks came out.
Speaker 1: Oh good that well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, it's been so like last time I saw like I think I saw like the Offspring and Simple Plan and then another band, and it was a very wide variety of like bro dudes and like their partners.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get people in their fifties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here they were like elder millennials. Elder millennials with their kids. Uh. Someone dressed up as like hot Soune Miku black parade.
Speaker 3: There's always someone dressed up as hot Sunni Miku though, come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: But then like you get you had your like white folks, black folks, brown folks, is miscellaneous Asian folks, and I'm like, wow, look at all of us coming together because we're all kind of sad.
Speaker 1: Uh No, it's not a kind of said what do you mean.
Speaker 2: It was like a celebration of sadness and pathetic not like pathetic kind of said, were just like, yeah, emotional, this is all parentheses positive.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When when my Keem came out, I was a piece of shit. Okay, they was like, what's up? Did it fix you? I have I have a delayed appreciation for my Kemp because when I came out. I was like programmed by the scene to like reject this very popular and talented and very good band, even though they were from my home state and they're they're excellent. I really like they. I think they've transcended that genre of music in a way that very few bands find a way to beat.
Speaker 3: There as the time, right, they are still relevant, right, and that proves it. I almost to get a Fallout Boy by the way that does the spidy in this amazing Friends, I think that's Patrick Stunt, that that piece of shit arc that you talked about back of art. Yeah, that happened with me with Backstreet Boys, where like you know, I was like a young teenager or teenager and black Backstreet Boys, that's a boy band. Gross And then that I want it that way song came out.
Speaker 6: It was like their big new single after a while, and it was like this huge event on MTV, and I was just like, I legitimately love this song and loved this band in this moment. It was like a hot week where I'm like, Backstreet Boys are all right by me. I still love that song.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 4: I think my chemical romance and like AFI and Fallout Boy and that whole kind of.
Speaker 7: I guess it's probably just Emo.
Speaker 4: I was just fully and I mean I was still not open to new music in general, but them specifically. I judged the book by the cover and I saw them, I was like, oh, this is not for me at all.
Speaker 1: I don't like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: A huge AFI guy in the nineties.
Speaker 2: Two things before we move on. One, after seeing Gerard Way like shed the character when they went and did the encore, because I guess these tours long lived the Black Parade, So they did the Black Parade album front to back and.
Speaker 1: Then they Yeah, it was very good.
Speaker 2: They did an encore about like five or six songs of just miscellaneous MCR songs from time and whatever. But when I saw him and I was putting like the puzzle pieces together, I'm like, very theatrical guy, very nerdy dude from New Jersey and and like the theatrics and like singing. Well, I'm like, huh, this is just alex Ebon yellow in a different font.
Speaker 1: It is bizarre, Alexo, is it not? It is? And I'm like, didn't didn't nine to eleven inspire Mike him? I think, isn't that the thing? I think? So is that why it had to happen.
Speaker 3: So he got my chemical romance.
Speaker 1: So you're saying worth it is that what you're saying is that you're saying, I just want to I mean, we also got that Robert Patty The Lords right.
Speaker 2: Where it's like a surprise nine to eleven movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, surprise.
Speaker 6: Uh the lead singer of a f I is my platonic ideal of what should look like.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is what almost could look like. My wife was still in love with Davy Havock. Oh my lord, just a strong look.
Speaker 5: I only think I said in the last like five minutes during I was band talk, was my wife, because back I said.
Speaker 1: It, you've a lot.
Speaker 2: And then like the the last thing I'll say about the MCR concert, and I know that Welcome to the Black Barid or the Black Paraid's song itself has been mean to death. But there was a moment there and I.
Speaker 1: May have been, you know, a little bit high out of my mind.
Speaker 2: But I was just standing there and I'm like, and I didn't realize I just started fucking balling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so listen, I'm with you. There is something I've talked about this with my therapist. There's something about seeing bands from my childhood where I get emotional in a way that I don't understand. Like I remember seeing Green Day in like twenty like sixteen or something, and I don't it was like the first time i'd seen them in like ten years, and I was It's like I was just like overcome with something and I couldn't describe it. And it happens with a lot of nostalgia and I don't know what it is. It's not a bad thing. It's just a thing that I can't really explain. It just sort of happens. Dan, you wouldn't understand that it's emotions, but like I just feel like it's just what I mean, there's something there. I don't know what it is, but I would love to explore it more with you, Jan maybe offline.
Speaker 2: I love to Yeah, it was, uh maybe it's like the specific lyrics at the beginning of like the Black Parade.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then I was like I was looking around and I'm like, oh, no one can see me cry right up, please put it away? But then homegirl next to me, Oh okay, actually third qualm all right. When a concert is at a baseball park, do you consider that a stadium show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's literally a stadium's.
Speaker 4: Football I consider sitting, I mean, by wrestling terms. I think there's a stadium show.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess for whatever reason in my head, a ballpark is always a ballpark and not quite a stadium.
Speaker 1: But okay, stadium show. Well, if it's closed, it's an arena, is how I got it?
Speaker 6: You can have if it's and it seats eighty thousand people, it's a stadium.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So because there's plenty of football stadiums that are enclosed, I think.
Speaker 1: If it's hot, if it's like basketball hockey, it's arenas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty thousand people's in arena. Eighty thousand's like a stadium.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got it? Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: I saw Superman this weekend, and I liked when they fought at the baseball field that I go to see the Guardians.
Speaker 1: That was nice. Oh they did.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, the whole movie was like very you know, filmed in Cleveland, so I'm just recognizing things from Cleveland. It was like a Where's Wadow of Cleveland locations the entire time. So that's fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to hear more about that for a second. Jan did they play anything off of Three Cheers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like they're Encore had like at least two tracks from Three Cheers. Awesome.
Speaker 1: I think it's like thank you for the venom.
Speaker 2: And then obviously I'm not okay, and then I think they did Helena, Yeah they did. But my qualm with watching a concert in a stadium, specifically a baseball park that sounds like ship It was okay, Actually there's not enough room to dance, all right, the seat's too small. Homegirl next to me, next to my partner, and I vaping the whole fucking time, not even cool vape.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what's the cool vape weed tricks or something, and I'm like, man like ripping fat clouds.
Speaker 2: But yeah, your boy just wants to dance. And like stadium seats cannot.
Speaker 3: Which containing mission down on the down on the field. Was there like general mission down there where you could have gone down the right tickets.
Speaker 2: But like, well that's the problem, grub. It's impossible to buy the right tickets anymore with Ticketmaster.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, And it's also like if you it's a park, you're not sure exactly what the seating is gonna be, Like who knows what the vibes are gonna be like you're just kind of guessing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess so. You know, sometimes when you go watch a concert and you're seated somewhere, the vibes aren't right, but thankfully the vibes are right all around the park.
Speaker 1: All. So, one hundred Gets opened for my Chemical Romance.
Speaker 3: The Lizard.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know if y'all have ever heard one hundred gets. It's something it is.
Speaker 2: It is like if you put tumblr online into like if you translated the website with tumblr onto a vinyl.
Speaker 5: It was online, Like where were you finding that?
Speaker 1: Did you print it out the book?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: They seem more like an art installation than maybe like an opening band, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, they they definitely seemed like an art installation because, uh, one of the people of one hundred gets, there's only two of them. I think she like just wore flip flops on stage.
Speaker 1: There's only two people and one hundred gets.
Speaker 3: It's not one hundred people, it's one hundred gets.
Speaker 1: Bull shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what the GaX is like, are we gonna be able to dance at arc that the concert we're going to go to? Theahi Joe I need.
Speaker 5: To buy tickets, but almost certainly not. Okay, shit, yeah, almost certainly not.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like, I have not done general admission in many, many years, unless it's like a show where there are no seats, which is only really like for like the Summer at the Stone Pony stage, which is at the beach. But like it's tough, man, I get it, Jan, I'm with you, like, uh, put me in a seat, you know, I'm there now.
Speaker 3: Stadium shows in general are not that appealing appealing to me, and because of this these reasons, and.
Speaker 5: I do, yeah, prefer the amphitheaters outside because I remember, like the see iron Man, and I was always in these amphitheaters, and then lately they're always coming around like winter, so it's got to just be at you know, wherever the Penguins play or wherever the Cavs play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not as good.
Speaker 5: I don't like big loud metal shows inside of basketball arenas. It gets kind of weird and hot and loud in there.
Speaker 4: I feel like I haven't been to a concert in years, but I'm seeing nine inch Nails a couple of months. Here are they known to be good live?
Speaker 3: I saw him once live, and I'll put it this way. I remember it, and I don't remember a lot of concerts, so.
Speaker 7: It's a big crowd that's like the Assault Center.
Speaker 6: But I was in an arena for it, and I think I saw him with so Corn. I think they might have been it was like a warm time was it was like a weird combo. I can't remember exactly who it was. It could have been something else, but I definitely remember them. They played in an arena and they sounded phenomenal, and I like went home and was like, I am going to get way more into nine Inch Nails.
Speaker 3: I think that's where I'm.
Speaker 4: At because like, I have an appreciation for them. I definitely have grown to like like a lot of their stuff.
Speaker 3: And soundtracks they does with Atticus Ross.
Speaker 4: Right, that's the thing. I've gotten respect for Resnors certainly over the years. And uh, you know, Bonk, you know Bank loves concerts and shows. She's the one that like, you know, she's usually doing you know, like the underground metal shows and stuff that you know, if she knows aren't for me.
Speaker 7: But she's like, hey, you want to see nine Is, I'll go with you for sure.
Speaker 4: So I could see myself seeing them live and then being like, I need to get way more into them.
Speaker 1: Everyone should go to a metal show with Bonk once in their life, is what I say.
Speaker 3: Is what I'll put out there that sounds like a good time.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: My favorite anecdote about Trent Reznor it popped up in that Masters of Doom book where they're like he had a like a Pentium one or something or forty six maybe installed in his tour bust so he could play Quake after every concert and that was how he partied. And then that's why he was like or maybe it was Doom, and then he did the soundtrack for Quake.
Speaker 1: I think that's how it went. He has a.
Speaker 2: Special kind of hero there for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, go ahead, go ahead. I was gonna say nine is doing that tron Ares music, so you know.
Speaker 1: And also hear them there, I'm sure. And he's also doing the intergalactic right yeah, busy, busy man. I feel bad we we departed from your Superman c Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel bad because I was I was derailing. Did you want to interview immediately?
Speaker 1: So though? It's fine? Uh no, you do it right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was great.
Speaker 4: I thought I was trying because James Gunn, I find like, even though I don't like comic book stuff and I really don't like Superman, I have found that James Gunn has surprised me kind of every time that like, oh, I think I like his sensibilities of this stuff.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Lollipop Chainsaw was sick and I'm here for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, big Lollipop Chainsaw fans. I just I liked how kind Superman was. That was nice about it out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, does Superman have no killing people rule?
Speaker 1: Like Batman?
Speaker 3: He tries not to, but it's not as as Batman.
Speaker 1: You guys, he's killed so many people. Superman like he made the world go backwards. You don't think that murdered a bunch of.
Speaker 3: People, but I think that probably sent some mountains into space.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how do you guys handle it? When? Like does it bump you out of I think this is a maturity my part. When you go to a movie of people and they like have the opposite reaction to the movie, and I don't know. Sometimes I'm like, sometimes it puts me in a weird place.
Speaker 1: I don't love it, I.
Speaker 5: Guess because this time it's like, you know, I want with my family like cluding kids, my brothers, and they all like that.
Speaker 1: Why it was like he's too woke.
Speaker 5: No, no, not like that. But like you know, some of my other like friends, like all high school friends, they also went and they are generally more cynical about movies, and there's apartment It's like, maybe this one they'll like, because I'm kind of cynical about movies too in some ways.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm was like, ah, movies.
Speaker 5: Are mid but I was like, Okay, this one I liked, so Like I went up to where they are seeing it was like, ha ha, would you guys think? And they still hated it and thought it was lame. Yeah, I thought maybe this one. I thought maybe this one would push through.
Speaker 3: It's that rubs off on me for sure.
Speaker 6: I'm at a point now where, like even sports a thing you're supposed to watch communally, I don't want to hear other.
Speaker 3: People's opinions about what's happening in the game.
Speaker 6: I want to watch it by myself because I don't like, you're not the coach, please saying what you think should be happening on the field. It drives me crazy. And I have the same a similar thing with like movies, where it's like I'm gonna enjoy it in my silo because I just want to feel how I feel.
Speaker 3: About it, and you're feeling about it probably aren't gonna help me in that journey.
Speaker 1: I had something happen to me when I saw Children of Men in the theater where I had seen it with Stacy and we were when that came out. I forget what what was it, like three h four maybe.
Speaker 7: Later later, maybe like six o seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously that movie like changes you as a masterpiece. And I remember coming out of it with her and we were like very into in our uh you know, film brain mode back then, and they were like it was it was a relatively empty theory. We'd seen a really late showing and there was a group of people who came out just going off on like that was the most unwatchable trash I've ever seen you. Yeah, And I remember like looking at Stacey and just being like, I think we got to leave this planet. I think we're gonna get out, Like we got to go somewhere like this is.
Speaker 3: I have a similar thing exactly like this with a relationship. Like I went with the girlfriend and her friends to see Unbreakable, Yeah, and I walked out of it being like, Oh, this guy just got what he was going for. He completely understood like the assignment, like that he came up with us on his own to explore this idea of superhero mythology and it's brilliant and they just couldn't stop making fun of me. His name was mister Glass. I'm like, Oh, they just don't even get it at all.
Speaker 6: And it drove me crazy. And that's like one of the three things I remember about that relationship is being pissed off that night because they didn't get the movie.
Speaker 1: But then he kept making movies and who was the director?
Speaker 7: Yes, Yes, of course Trap is a very good movie.
Speaker 1: Though I heard like the meter started to tick back up in the last decade. But like fun movies, the Village was a movie. I feel like The Village is the one that threw me like I'm not watching his ship ever again. The Village. I have a friend who used to say that The Village was probably him just getting back at everyone who made fun of him in high school, just like forcing them to go see this movie and then doing that.
Speaker 5: I've seen two m Night Shyamalan movies, The Six Sets and The Last Airbender.
Speaker 1: So you know, a.
Speaker 5: Big disparity and quality between this.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I'm a big fan of m Night and then I forgot that I blocked out the Last Airbender out of my memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, but I he did.
Speaker 7: That to you, Signs. I think is like ninety percent great movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm like at.
Speaker 6: A point where where I mostly accept like what he's going for and it's good or bad. It's like, okay, yeah, Signs. I'm like, all right, I enjoyed that movie. So then ninety percent kind of clicks over. It's like, that's just an enjoyable movie for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like in the theater, I remember being a super tense time and like obviously in retrospect or mistakes made with that movie, but up until like the ends and everything, it was a really tense, memorable theater experience.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yeah, that's that's how I feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, say what, Lex Luthor is a mean jerk?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is this is the one Nicholas Holt didn't get cooked in all good for?
Speaker 6: Is there a list of movies Nicholas do if I google Nicholas Holt cuck movies while I get away?
Speaker 7: Yes, Have I seen him?
Speaker 1: Man? Yeah, yeah, I guess he gets cut by Dracula.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I try to think of a pun there of cocking Dracula.
Speaker 6: Move over, Clark. You used to be Hollywood's number one cuck. Now it's Nicholas Holt. All right, I'm on Reddit now. Oh yeah, that's going on here.
Speaker 2: All right, well we should get going with the podcast. But real quick, I think m Night Shyamalan. Uh you know, I'll forgive him for creating the beash that makes you old because in that movie Old, right, that's what it's called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, there is a character named mid size Sedan and that's just that's.
Speaker 1: Just that's some.
Speaker 6: Do you guys remember anything about his what's the one where the ladies in the pool, lady in the.
Speaker 1: Water in the water fish or something.
Speaker 3: No, that's the that's a different movie where someone the fish.
Speaker 6: This is one I wanted to go, yeah wait, yeah, this is yeah the shape of water, right, this is the one where a guy like does by bicycle curls in just one arm, so he's got one giant ripped arm in a regular other arm.
Speaker 3: And I remember seeing that being like, well, I'm not watching this ship. That's gross. I hate looking at this guy.
Speaker 2: So, uh, there's there's maybe too many pool movies because that reminded me of the movie Night Swim where the pool changes him.
Speaker 4: That's the one Bailey was telling us about. Right, yes, yes, he was really swim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to.
Speaker 3: Watch Nicholas hold with John Arbuckle, the Old Garf movie. Oh he is a drake Odie sperm in that one comic stripe. That's the most cock coated character of all that.
Speaker 1: Please John Arbuckle. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: All right, video games speaking about cocks.
Speaker 1: No, there's no way to do that was like, yeah, okay, uh yeah, he's he's okay.
Speaker 2: There's no way to transition cocks into Pokemon friends. This is a new mobile case that launched this morning after the Pokemon direct. I showed up at six am and no one was there on the Google Meet. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: Well you couldn't have streamed anyhow because Mike was still streaming.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think everyone's just done with Pokemon, right, like it's over. I think it's done it.
Speaker 2: I think it may be cooked and not in like the cool fun way.
Speaker 6: Uh well, there's cooked as bad cooking is good. You're either the chef or your thing being cooked.
Speaker 4: Pokemon go is still a big thing because I was just in Wisconsin with my sister all week and she was cashing all sorts.
Speaker 1: So he's talking about the gyms and the Pokemon yea, yeah, Pokemon going.
Speaker 6: Gets mad at the Pokemon Company when they do stuff like this because it's like a Pokemon direct and people are like, wow, direct suck, and Nintendo's like, we didn't do this.
Speaker 3: This is the Pokemon Company, leave us alone.
Speaker 1: Did they call it a direct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I think it's called it Pokemon direct. As a Pokemon director poke you on presents, it might be Pokemon present.
Speaker 1: Now everyone get to the bottom of this, Jeff, don't worry. Oh ship all right.
Speaker 10: In the main frame just sucks, but you've got characters now, Like I feel like this is unlived, you know, a new level.
Speaker 3: And some people episodes like brings some special guests and like a big fan fair. We're trying to make the worst episode it presents.
Speaker 1: Damn it, torect you piece of ship.
Speaker 3: I'd like to watch everything said.
Speaker 2: Pokemon Friends is you know those ads, those mobile game ads that you'll get about like, oh, connect everything through one line, or like just guide the character through there. They basically did that, but with Pokemon, and you have a limited amount of puzzles you can do in a day because it's supposed to be like stimulating brain puzzles for you, brought to you by Pokemon. And I completed the six puzzles today and then I deleted the app afterwards because there's nothing else I could do it until tomorrow, and then I continue to race the horse girls.
Speaker 1: But that's it.
Speaker 2: That's that's all this game is. I know that Pokemon is targeted towards children, and I know that Pokemon friends. In the little trailer that they had during the Pokemon presents this morning, it was a mother and son guiding her son through puzzles. So sure, that's that another thing that is not for me, and I think I am continuing to walk away from Pokemon.
Speaker 3: Especially some of these puzzles look really like barren. They look like really I don't sauceless.
Speaker 2: Yes, they are not dripping in swago, definitely tough grub.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, look at this.
Speaker 3: So it's like, oh my god, they look like flash games.
Speaker 2: Yes, they are equivalent to flash games. Very very very bare bones. So again I understand it is probably targeted towards children and not.
Speaker 6: No chan, let's make fun of this. This is embarrassing. This sucks. Look, this is not okay for this company to put out in twenty twenty five as a representation of their brand.
Speaker 2: The Pokemon Company does a lot of curious things to to maintain their brand. And you know, at least in games media, the notice a lot of our peers and friends are picking up the older Digimon Cyber Sleuth game. You know what, I think it's fucking time.
Speaker 1: I think it's fucking time for Digimon to knock Pokemon off its high horse. It's time for.
Speaker 5: This game costs thirty four dollars.
Speaker 7: It does this Pokemon friends thing. I'm looking at the puzzles right now.
Speaker 3: No, it's frue way, it's free.
Speaker 5: It's dollars for switch and extra twenty four dollars for a full game.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can buy this on switch.
Speaker 1: You're playing on mobile.
Speaker 6: And there's DLC is puzzle puzzle on pack one? Okay, yeah, you ca get puzzle packs one and two for twenty six dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, there are, there is DLC if you want to keep playing the puzzles h and as Grub said, it is how much twenty.
Speaker 6: Six twenty six dollars on top of the ten dollars for the Space version on switch.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, no, that's bad, don't do that.
Speaker 3: That is three and a half Nintendo switch to Welcome tours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just looking pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's it's disappointing me. I don't know if Grub has the any of the Pokemon stuff in today's.
Speaker 1: A tiny bit.
Speaker 3: I was going to ask you about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll talk about it later then. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so far, the Pokemon Company is not doing much to uh win me back.
Speaker 1: Especially. We knew this.
Speaker 6: We knew this present would always be kind of lackluster. That fans that are in the no Sean was saying, like these this one that happens at this time of year is always an update on stuff that no one here is going to care about. And he was right, so, but still it kind of stinks that this.
Speaker 2: Is the one thing that I married about. No, I don't give a shit about mega evolutions.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, god, I hate oh my god, oh my.
Speaker 3: Said that, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But this task is gonna be another place for me to complain that my my press credentials got turned down for Pokemon Worlds and a time.
Speaker 1: Because you didn't.
Speaker 4: You have not respected the companion pass.
Speaker 7: Bad for Jansen. You disrespected that.
Speaker 2: I hate that you shoot right.
Speaker 1: I saw my buddy this weekend, Jan who's the big Pokemon card freak, and he was just like he's liked, you don't even know what's going on now, And I.
Speaker 3: Was like, all talk that way whenever I thought, just have like this shell shocked look on their face, like boy, like they've always.
Speaker 1: Come back from war, right, Like they're always constantly facing the worst incident of Pokemon retail cards.
Speaker 3: I just can't reintegrate into society. Yeah, they're constantly should It's like it's insane.
Speaker 1: But you know because he used to say, like, yeah, I used to get a lot of boxes from Pokemon Center, right, and now even that is like in impenetrable in a way that they are all sort of like rudderless and lost, and like they're always looking for someone who just has like sealed boxes from a from a from a series a couple you know, years ago or whatever. And he's he's talking to me, He's like, dude, I think I might have like sixty K worth of sealed box. I'm like, what's happening? Are you jeopardizing? Like what's going on? He's like, I just don't. He's like every time I leave it in the in the closet, it just goes up and up and up and up. And I'm just like, I don't know what to tell you. Man, you're like really invested deep in the like sealed wax. I don't know what to do with you.
Speaker 3: But have you ever seen the card section at a target? Like it always looks like it's bare ransack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like the Yeah, it looks like some sort of tornado has rippen a tornado.
Speaker 3: Like card packs like all over the place, on the floor, all of them mixed together, just something behind bulletproof glass. Yeah it should be. Yeah, it's crazy. There's there's a Walmart near where I place.
Speaker 1: I play hockey, and every now and then did and I will go and just kind of like see what the card situation is. And they've like they've buried it behind all of these massive, like moving crates. It like it's it's completely inaccessible and no one's telling you not to go there. But like we sort of kind of do sometimes and you're just like I got cut again. Something cut me on the way while I was reaching for that box. It's okay, you know. You know how like.
Speaker 2: Some some grocery stores, like after like a storm or like a natural event, will be like, hey, we're out of this.
Speaker 1: There's no toilet paper, there's no shampoo. So many Barnes and Nobles card stores, game stops and targets in my air you have put up signs at the front door saying there's no Pokemon cards. Go away, Yeah, go away.
Speaker 2: It's it's weird. It's a weird pandemic. Also, and I don't know what MoES in your area. The next to the scratcher machines at grocery stores, there's now also Pokemon vending machines for cards.
Speaker 1: They're constantly sold out.
Speaker 3: What oh like okay, I was imagine bars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buy to buy like Lucy's to buy loose packs. Loose packs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me about the boo boos.
Speaker 1: What's the deal. They're just these little like monkey freaks. What we did?
Speaker 3: And it's beanie babies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, except they're in blind boxes. Yeah, and they're cooler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, sure, I'm not judging their aesthetic.
Speaker 1: I think you were for a second.
Speaker 3: You compare, I think beanie babies are great. All right, guess who was really into beanie babies? We know, we know, believe it or not, it's just me.
Speaker 1: Were you did you have the Princess Diana one?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I had Princess Die.
Speaker 5: I had better, I had once better than Princess Die.
Speaker 1: Come on, what's that mean? Like the Challenger Explosion.
Speaker 5: Beanie baby that I had them for all the tragedy.
Speaker 1: I have the super real nine to eleven.
Speaker 5: Beanie baby that nobody knows about.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, I'm glad that I'm a little bit younger than Mike that beanie babies missed funny, but that's not the only thing that missed me. Yesterday Mike Manati missed me and grub all over the place and finished his journey through the original, well not the original, but the first Missed game.
Speaker 5: Well, we think we played the we beat the remake of Missed, And then I'm so glad this wasn't a false memory of a time that my older brothers showed me how to beat Missed at like five minutes. Uh, I was like, I think you could do that, so then like it's like, yeah, once you find the solutions, you can't just beat the game right away. So once we beat the remake, we just went to the original MISS and played through it and saw the ending there. I really enjoyed playing through MISS.
Speaker 6: I thought, yeah, I had a great time. I thought it was a very vibean. Yeah, just a smaller game than you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell you what I.
Speaker 5: Assumed, because you know, it's it's like an old one of these kind of playing click or puzzle games. It's gonna be really obtuse and confusing. It's actually one of the more logical and straightforward one of these that I have played. We were able to, like, honestly, the one time we really needed help was when we did a sort of bonus added on chapter later that was kind of just sequel bait.
Speaker 6: And that's really we were just kind of like ready for the string because you had beaten the game. We were kind of just doing that for fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like the solution was just like we had to walk over.
Speaker 3: There and see the colors and then we figured it out of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, basically it was like running up with gets sign. But yeah, just like you know, the actual game of Miss Frosty forward, but still in a very satisfying way. I loved all the biomes, like the different ages slash the books you go into each of them looked cool. They all had a central theme, like the forest one and the the one that was all based around sounds was actually really neat, even though it had one of the more confusing puzzles with the tunnel train thing. Yeah, that's just a game that I always wanted to be able to beat, and I'm super glad we did. I had a ton of fun playing on the site, and I'm very excited to jump into Riven, the sequel to miss we.
Speaker 2: I suggest folks check out that stream or all of Monday Mornings Missed with Mitch because it is a very fun time. Mike is also very smart. Never get stuffed.
Speaker 3: It was fun to just watch them like kind of like figure some stuff out. It's a good time.
Speaker 2: At the tail end of yesterday's stream, we checked out the original Missed.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, What the fuck?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jan, it seemed like you really had no full concept of like how the game worked. Off to say, it looked way shittier than I remember as well.
Speaker 5: There was a time where that was the prettiest looking game.
Speaker 1: Yep. Ever, it blew all us away.
Speaker 5: But it's so funny because you know I started it. Yeah, like an original MISS you're not walking around the space, it's just you're clicking around and moving to different pre rendered images.
Speaker 1: At one point, Jan's like, so it's just pictures.
Speaker 5: Yep, Yeah, that's right. I'll tell you what though, I'm such a sicko that part of you is like, oh, maybe this is how we should have played it.
Speaker 3: I was into it very quickly. Yeah, I think we should still do it for Riven, to still do the remake, but that is supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Amazing for Rihy. I've heard very good.
Speaker 2: Things about it, exactly fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Proud of you, thank you, mister Baklar.
Speaker 3: It was great. I really enjoy those streams. So I'm glad we're let's just keep doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there's there's plenty more Miss games. Some people say I should play Uru, which was the online game and then was taken offline, but apparently somebody's still running a shard of it, and by someone it might be Cyan like the people who made it.
Speaker 1: There's like an official.
Speaker 5: Online server for Uru still, so I don't know how to look into it.
Speaker 1: Can that together? Like I, it's online right to each other and it sounds close to Ubu baby steps were like the first dude you meet goes u.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, this is ages beyond miss Then I think later they called it missed online Uru or something.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's I was like, looking at the timeline, that sounds right.
Speaker 1: I'm not an Uru historian yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there we go, There we go. Looking at the original miss it looked like it was it was pulled from a specific time, just like Why to Roll looks like it is pulled.
Speaker 1: From a very very specific time. Grub Yes, Why to Roll.
Speaker 6: Is a three D platformer sort of roll the ball game. You'll be familiar with this concept if you've ever seen Super Monkey Ball. It is Marvel Blast Ultra or Marvel Marvel Blast Ultra. Yes, it is very much just trying to be one of those, and uh, it feels pretty good now. It's it's also like throwback visually. It's got four x three, it's got the CRTI fuzz on top of the filter and kind of a low polygon count and the vibes kind of like go into the sound effects and the music as well.
Speaker 1: It looks like it takes place in the Beetlejuice cartoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, Honestly, you've kind of like stripped a lot of the monkey stuff out of Super Monkey Ball. It's kind of like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's what this is doing.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, so I'm playing this, I'm like, is the monkey stuff like kind of a big part of it? And yeah it is, But but this is still really fun and control is great.
Speaker 3: It feels really good.
Speaker 6: And it's always fun to like get into the rhythm of it and being able to like do shortcuts because you're like, I think I can bounce the ball and kind of like make the whole stage flip up and knock the ball over there and get over that huge cast and even though I'm not supposed to and get a really good time on this.
Speaker 3: That still works. It's really cool.
Speaker 6: And these games they always work like it feels like you're tilting the world, but apparently you're actually controlling gravity. And once you realize that, that also kind of opens up some possibilities in the game. Being able to like accommodate that just means that it's a really well made one of these. So yeah, you're a super monkey ball fan and you've played all those y two role is there. It's not like going to win over anyone new. It's it's definitely four people who like these kinds of games for sure.
Speaker 2: Well let's keep the ball rolling to another game involving balls. Golden Tea Arcade Classics. Yes, so this is a.
Speaker 6: New one of these classic game collections, and it reminds me a lot of the sort of arcade archive games where it's like, hey, these are just the arcade ROMs emulated, we're not going to try to like recreate them for console. There are a lot of quality of life stuff added, so you don't have to at least what I've played so far. In that first Golden Tea game, you just spam the coin game the coins into the machine and you don't have to worry about it, like being like, hey, this could be your last shot unless you put more money in.
Speaker 3: It's like it's all good on that front, and it's seamless.
Speaker 6: It's not going to get in your way and interrupt things, so you're just playing it as a golf video game.
Speaker 3: And then for the controls, because Golden Tea is a track ball game or track. Yeah, track ball.
Speaker 6: They make it work so that your hand is the left stick and you can only put it on the ball when you hold down the B button. So you hold down the B button and now your hand is actually on the track ball, and then you could pull it back and at that point you can like let go of be if you want to sort of reorient and like go on your four swing and go in a different direction.
Speaker 3: So they've accommodated for all of that.
Speaker 6: It is pretty difficult to dial in like how much you should be hitting the stick, because it's just it translates to the ball in a kind of weird way. I'm sure you can get used to it. I was getting a little bit more used to it as I was playing. Overall though, it's like, yeah, these are the golden t Arcade golf games. And if you were like obsessed with that franchise, like there are people out there who are, it's it does the thing. But if you're like coming to video games for a video game golf game, they're just better options. There's so many different golf games, and a lot of them are built for consoles, are built are built for Steam Deck that I was playing on and trying to translate that to a controller wasn't like the best experience necessarily.
Speaker 5: I think they did a good job with it overall, though, going yeah, that's a hard thing, you know.
Speaker 1: There are too many track ball games.
Speaker 5: I think about the weird song to Hedgehog track ball game all the time, and I used to want to port of it so badly, And then when I played it finally when we were at Galloping Ghost, I really liked Yeah, but I was like, oh, I can see why they never reported this. It kind of kind of need a track ball it's hard to do it without.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We also played the Super Monkey Ball game there with the banana controller.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fantastic. H Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's a really well done collection.
Speaker 6: Otherwise, it has all the Golden Tea games and they're up to a certain point at least I don't know if it's the latest one in there, but there's a lot of them in there, and the ports are really well done and like navigating, like getting around and having all the settings like easily available because again, like you're going to these arcade arcade ROMs, all that stuff is really well presented. So I think it's a decent collection. I'm at a point where I might even do a quick look of it, so we'll see.
Speaker 5: Maybe that is there, like one that the Golden t fense, Like, oh, that was the best golden tea.
Speaker 6: So yeah, because there's like people like playing leagues and stuff, right, and like it is their game that they go to their bar and they play.
Speaker 3: It's like the equivalent of darts. At a certain point. I bet they have one that they consider to be the one.
Speaker 5: What's what's the street Fighter three third strike of the you.
Speaker 4: Know, the other bar staple was always Big Buck Hunter. And I passed a machine in Wisconsin this weekend and like they're just like crazy, like piranha plants and tornadoes and stuff. You're shooting Now It's like when did it make the turn from like we're shooting elk to if you oh yeah.
Speaker 6: I think it's the mobile game influence, right, because so many somebody that audience is like playing mobile games. I think they have to like there has to be more going on.
Speaker 1: There is a competitive Big Buck Hunter scene.
Speaker 5: Actually, the documentary about it, I think at one point.
Speaker 2: They have a big competition. I forget where it is, but it's in the US and it's like surprisingly very punk looking, and I think we should go. Yeah, we should definitely make the expedition one day if they're still doing that in the near future. But in the past, recent past, Jeff Backlar, turns out you're the first person to finish Expedition thirty three.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I know. I'm a really good gamer. That's why I finished games first before anyone else.
Speaker 5: We all say, yeah, yeah, not the last one here to beat it still, Jeff grub.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 6: I'm not beating man, I'm not gonna play that game. I'm joking.
Speaker 1: Don't kill me. I just have to preface this conversation with how good I am, so that you'll all be able to understand where depressed? Did you die?
Speaker 7: Did you doubt how you're playing the game?
Speaker 1: Did I dodge? Yeah? You mean, was I not blindfolded the entire time? Is that what you mean?
Speaker 5: He's trying trying to see he's trying to call you off for dodging.
Speaker 7: The coolest we all ever met yes week in dodging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, for the so my instinct is always.
Speaker 7: To parry, okay.
Speaker 1: But but there's certain attacks where I'm just like, I'm a dodge boy. For for somebody, fine, that's fine. Like, you know, I would say I wish there was a stat meter that I would I would venture to bet my parry to dodge ratio.
Speaker 2: Is like, I don't know, four to one, five to one.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 5: I mean, I always try to prairie, but there's a lot of strings attacks and once you missed the first parry, well then you may as well dodge.
Speaker 7: That's smart.
Speaker 6: It's the way you're supposed to play because you can't get the perry counter attack.
Speaker 7: The point.
Speaker 1: Totally smug.
Speaker 4: As soon as you said that, I was like, oh, yeah, what's the point in pairing If you don't get the counter exactly, you still.
Speaker 1: Earn an ap point, right, Like most of the time that was ulish. It's because it's also an easier thing to recover from and perform dodger mechanic objectively.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like, wow, I did not even consider that that would have been a lot easier.
Speaker 1: When you beat it, you'll understand what I'm talking a motherfucker. So, uh, you know, I guess I'm like, honestly really surprised I finished this.
Speaker 5: You know, it's there's a lot of people who I don't think would be fans of these kind of games that are into it and have seen it all the way through. I mean Dan Reikert, right, it's you know, my both of my brothers, who don't normally play through arpg's on turn based once too often anymore.
Speaker 1: Both of them got through this.
Speaker 5: It's funny how like the thirty five hour playtime I think is a big component of that, because that's now suddenly very breezy for one of these games.
Speaker 1: So here's my first question. My game cock says twenty two hours. Oh you're a good gamer. Again, I called that app.
Speaker 7: Skipping all that great side content.
Speaker 1: But but my Xbox counter, the app on PC says one point four days, and last time I checked, those two are not the same amount of.
Speaker 3: One sounds more rights, Well, okay, the in game counter would be more accurate, right, is that.
Speaker 1: It would be? But twenty two even like skipping.
Speaker 5: All the side stuff that'sn't been really short for a first much.
Speaker 3: Side stuff is like there's a lot of optional dungeons you can do, Like obviously things like the jumping Puzzles.
Speaker 5: Act three has a ton of optional Just.
Speaker 6: Go with the twenty two hour thing. Mike that's going to make it more likely that I actually will play through this. Yes, it's like I bet he could have beat it in twelve hours.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, now it's so pretty.
Speaker 4: A reason I definitely went through is because I think Mike said, like, listen, this is going to be coming up at Game of the Year, and I feel like it was the same way with fire Skims, like all right, people are gonna be talking about this. I should I'll give it a shot, and now Grub I can pass that along. It's definitely going to come up a lot of Game of the Year, like a lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, didn't you also say publicly that Grub. Didn't you publicly say like this is guaranteed to win Game of the Year someone.
Speaker 5: Yes, he did. He promised me that you're muted. Just audio is breaking. Yeah, all right, I'll translate for him.
Speaker 1: I did say that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But now I played a game maybe by Nintendo that I really like, and I'm sure.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, it's not winning Game of the Year. No, Bonanza's yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh well it's July twenty second, boys, we have to we have a little bit of time left in the year. Last time I checked. But what did you what did you come?
Speaker 5: You know, obviously we don't want to talk about spoilers and which with the ending, there's a lot of that. The ending is somewhat device. I think most people like it. It's something yeah, weird.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I think it's a very fresh take on doing the thing it did. I think the sort of like idea is not new, but it has a different approach at delivering that exposition, which I found novel and enjoyable. I was not like moved in a tremendously powerful way. I was like, oh, this is just like pretty solid storytelling. I'm happy with how they did it, and I enjoy the ideas there. I have a lot more questions I like whenever I complete something like this, and I like the parts that I'm over obsessing now are like some of the other minutia of the storytelling of like but why the expeditions and like, you know what I mean, Like I understand the big picture, I think I do, but I don't understand some of the more granularities of like like why were they sending people out in this world? Like I don't the garmage, I like kind of just don't also get I guess like on face and we can't talk about too much. I'll tell you what that spoiler cast now that you yeah, we're not gonna I don't want to get into it. Like again, I feel like we're talking about it in a pretty broad way.
Speaker 5: Yeah right now, yeah, yeah, but yeah, we'll do that spoiler cast for sure.
Speaker 1: But just like, you know, so what do you think? You thought it was really good? You liked that, it's it's excellent, It's fucking awesome. It's this game's fucking awesome. What are you talking about? Of course, it's so freaking it's amazing. I even had like a normy friend of mine hit me up over the weekend and he's like, I'm having dinner with some jackass who's telling me that Clear Obscure is the best game he's ever played in like a decade. Is he full of shit? And I'm just like, NIC's legit. This guy sounds like he knows what you're talking about. Like yeah, I just think, uh, you know, I think the whole paint stuff is like very just like that for whatever reason, like that's what's sticking to me. That like just that aesthetic and that whole idea is.
Speaker 2: Very Splatoon that you're a squid kid yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if I would call myself a squid kid certainly that but yeah, yeah, I'm an ink boy, you know, you know, I'm an inky man. And I thought, I think, uh, I think the characters, the performances are all very very strong and well above average and well beyond what I was expecting. It was your main team Monoco.
Speaker 5: Oh you're an you like the feet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just he reminded me of Dan a lot.
Speaker 5: Dan doesn't like him, That's funny.
Speaker 1: Like Dan just seems like hunched over with a big face of hair, and I'm just sort of like, yeah, that's that's Monoca. That's Dan. Dan's Monoca. You know, like you might as well just put like, you know, a wooden plank on your face and your costplaying halfway there as Minoco.
Speaker 11: But about feet, all right, you know, I I do think this game like is a lot more charitable than I.
Speaker 1: Was anticipating it was gonna be. Where you know, I was like, oh, fuck, the barrier to entry here and the sort of like attention to your load out and your pictose and your loo and all that stuff is going to really really. Uh uh, you sort of like barricade me in a way where I'm unable to progress, And none of that turned out to be true. Like the the longest I spent on any fight, you know, was maybe like four times or five times, and I I just kind of like was able to persevere and get to where I needed to be without overly obsessing over spinning all those those plates. Uh so, yeah, I played Verso, Luna and Monoca were like my main three I'm a big fan of, you know, see, just want to put that out there. And then uh yeah, and then may I was just like, I'm like, you're annoying many.
Speaker 5: I was like, Maya was my carry on my team. I think most of my damage was coming from Mayo for large portions of the game.
Speaker 1: Towards the end, something happens where like I feel like I did not see how powerful she like got for whatever reason, like she started doing stuff that I did not do. I feel like something happened. I'm like what. I also dressed her up real dumb, and I gave her like what are the little furry boys? I gave her like a castil haircut and put her in like a dumb dress and I was just like, look at this idiot running around and I yeah. But but then at the end where you're like, oh, okay, there's something she's doing special things now, Uh yeah, I was sort of surprised that because I did not I did not deliberately you know, build out her her load out that way. All the characters are great. I love it. I love esc I thought was awesome, very good boy. I love the uh the the sort of energy of the Curator and all that ship. I thought that was cool as hell.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: I still, you know, the manner we can talk about in the mansion whatever it's called in the spoiler cast. But yeah, I very very few points criticism that. Again we can get to in the spoilercast if we if we ever wound up doing it. I think like the whole like flag storytelling element like didn't fully land for me. There's a kind of yeah, I mean that some of that stuff's interesting. Some of that stuff is sort of like this kind of conflicts with like what the other you know, narrative that's going on. I just thought there was a lot of like midair collisions narratively speaking, which is fine. It's this game's tremendous it's barely really anything to knock it. Uh yeah, I really love it and now for me, it's definitely the game to beat for this year, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, well, speaking about jerrorpgs and RPGs, the Master of all Things role playing games, this seems like an interesting pick, but Dan I have on the list here. You've been playing wizard Quest.
Speaker 4: I played, I experienced wizard Quest. I don't know if anyone's heard of this one professor Ticklebitz told me about this.
Speaker 7: It's in Wisconsin Dell's. Have you ever been there?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, so it's like a big ass building that you go in and give you basically a shika slate.
Speaker 7: It's like an iPad thing.
Speaker 4: And you go around and there are wizards that work there. They they're real people and you can talk to them and everything, and there are four realms you can go to.
Speaker 7: There's like Earth Air.
Speaker 1: I went to Google Google.
Speaker 4: Wizard Quest and look at that, like this is some labor of love shit like sculptors and like it was like very impressive inside like.
Speaker 1: An escape room, Like what did you do?
Speaker 7: I mean, that's under selling it.
Speaker 4: It is like an escape building with like a full lore and you're doing quest for these characters. So you go up and you find this fucking turtle that's a shopkeeper, and then he's telling you to go find these firebats or this family of salamanders and stuff. There's a big guy named shard on Us and I thought like, wow, his name.
Speaker 1: Is shot on us on Us.
Speaker 4: He's a big troll guy that sits in the thing, and I thought like, well, that's weird that his name is shard on Us. But at one point I had to go find like a hidden troller something and I had to crawl between his legs and then he just starts farting on my fucking heady Okay, yeah that was intentional. So it's like it's cool because like you have to, like, you'll start quests on the iPad, and to prove that you actually got to the thing you were supposed to find, it could be on a different floor, a different realm. You have to be like, all right, so the shopkeeper or this blacksmith, you know what color is the jewel or whatever that that he was working on or whatever, and you type in and you get credit for the quests and then be like all right, well these you gotta find these salamanders, and you have these torches which are like black light things, and you'll have to like go around and look for like salamander footprints and things like that, like in the actual environment, like you're kind of under something. It's awesome. I thought it was going to be some Yeah. I thought it was going to be just this kind of like really corny thing or whatever. But it is so elaborate. It was so much work went into it. And by the end, it's like a two hour experience. And by the end we had done a ton of quests and everything, and me and Bonk and Kayla we were just like, let's just walk around and like look at this stuff, because like there's so many just little miniatures and giant statues and sculptures and stuff, and like a whole like woods area and everything. It's just a really really impressive thing. I just have like a deep respect for what they pulled off there. And I guess it started in like the early two thousands, which would have been before iPads and stuff, which makes me wonder if it was like a pen and paper thing or something or.
Speaker 7: What's that.
Speaker 3: Did they use Nintendo DS or something?
Speaker 1: Sidekicks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how how they did it back then, but it's like it is. It is just a really tremendous thing. If you ever happen to find yourself in Wisconsin, Wisconsin.
Speaker 6: On Google Maps right now looking up how long it is for me to get to the Wisconsin Dallas And then I was going to ask you, damn yeah, would this be appropriate form like age wise in terms of enjoying it for my children?
Speaker 1: I think it would be.
Speaker 4: I think it would be ideal for them because I saw a lot of families and kids and like them running around and being like surprised that they like they found and it is like a lot of like decoding stuff. It's like you're you're doing it. It's a lot of video game stuff.
Speaker 7: Going on there in a real you know, kind of structure.
Speaker 6: That's ten hours for a dry we'd have to like, well, we go through Chicago, so we made a trip like stop in Chicago, hangout, going through Wisconsin Del's, and then make a trip back.
Speaker 4: I will say in general, Wisconsin Dell's is an amazing vacation location for a million there's a bunch of.
Speaker 3: There's a Ripley's, believe it or not, a bunch of other stars, a fucking.
Speaker 4: Upside down replica of the White House that's guarded by transformers and the Predator. Look up to Wisconsin. I'm not gonna look up. Just look up top Secret Wisconsin Dell's. I think that's the Yeah, it's just a fucking upside down white House that's guarded by transformers.
Speaker 1: It's fucking weird. This whole city is, it's gimmick city.
Speaker 4: USA got to drive the Pyramids and UFOs and it's the whole The main thing is a billion water parks, so I mean, there's just so many fucking slides. So the most extreme water rights I've ever gone on a couple of days ago.
Speaker 7: It is awesome. We had an absolute blast there.
Speaker 4: People are saying it's like a better Brandson, Like it's like, imagine Branson with better gimmicks, less of the country horseshit and more about just like fun gimmicky vacation does ransom. I don't know Branson is Oh wow, that must be said that was like the vacation destination in the Midwest. It's they said on The Simpsons, it's like Last Vegas if it was run by Ned Flanders.
Speaker 1: So it's a lot of very hokey country. It's where Silver Dollar City is and stuff.
Speaker 4: It's uh, it's a very Midwestern, kind of conservative version of Vegas. It was definitely the only place I ever got to go on vacation to as a kid.
Speaker 7: It's fine.
Speaker 4: It's lame, though, like Wisconsin Del's is a million times better. But yeah, just look up any pictures of Wisconsin Del's. It's a bunch of water slides, a bunch of gimmicks, but really really cool stuff. Really really had.
Speaker 5: A great Calahary there, all right.
Speaker 4: That's where I said, I stay at Calahary. I didn't know it was that like a uh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have one here.
Speaker 5: I like Kalahari because it's very oh yeah yeah, indoor water park resorts thing.
Speaker 1: I heard the word casino. It's the name of the city is Wisconsin. Dell's Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Der motto is to you gott a Dell's.
Speaker 1: Oh everybody, oh happy nine hundred. It was. It was the fucking first.
Speaker 4: Like I used to love water slides as a kid, but I've been to water parking forever. The first time with this new water slide tech, Oh my god, it's the ones.
Speaker 1: We're doing tech. What do you mean?
Speaker 3: What s spin tech where you fucking stand in like a vertical coffin and the bottom drops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I haven't been one since again Brandson, Whitewater and Branson in like nineteen ninety four when it's just like shitty slides that you get concussions on. Uh here, it's like you stand on this thing and a voice is like three to two one, and then the floor is just gone and your body is just pinging scent way too fast and a dark tube and it's just you are fucking rattled by the end. I love to me and Kayla did every single water slide and everything great. Great time went to the Timbavady Wildlife Resort. We got to you know, pet girafts and all sorts of shit, like we're really.
Speaker 3: Good family vacation spot.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm on this like it's it seemed like a great, great family spot for sure, but also as a forty one year old man, it was awesome.
Speaker 6: If we went like in the fall and it was a little bit colder. Are there sounds like there's plenty of like indoor water park A.
Speaker 7: Ton of them are so.
Speaker 4: Kalahari had a big outdoor one, and they had a big indoor one and they're doing like a seventy five thousand square foot expansion of their indoor stuff.
Speaker 5: So, like to be clear, Jeff, there is a Kalahari an hour from you that.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I know, but like I want to do all this other stuff as well. Yeah, and we are looking to get out of town.
Speaker 2: So yeah, as someone that doesn't know how to swim, I've never really been able to enjoy a water park.
Speaker 1: It's a lazy river. Oh we wee, lazy river. It was great. Could there's there's lifeguards at the receptacle that will help assist you. Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: I went to a water park because it was an Altar servers field trip as a little reward, and I went into the wavepool. I went a little bit too deep and then my friend had to pull me out.
Speaker 4: Also, Jan the entire time, all weekend, I was in water that I could have drowned in. Really was just the wavepool like all the others. It's a lazy river. Seven's three feet when you get to the bottom of slide stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You could round there.
Speaker 4: But well, I know, but you can also stand up, you know. Sure, Yeah, it's not like a risk if you can't swim, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, thank you for that, Dan to head over there.
Speaker 4: I also be like cheese, Holy shit, I ate so much cheese and drank a lot of beer this weekend.
Speaker 1: It was a good time.
Speaker 2: You sound like you're lifting that you're living that drifter lifestyle, just going to cheese and water parks, just like Mike Minatti did last night on Mega Man. He played not through but a little bit of The Drifter.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I played like two hours, which I bet is you like about a third of the game, maybe maybe a bit more than that. Jeff just recommended this to me earlier that day because it's very LucasArts pointing click adventure game coded. He knows how much I like those. This is a newer game though, but with that pixelated art style and a point and click interface.
Speaker 3: With like the mouse cursor and the font of like a LucasArts game. They aren't trying to hide anything there. They're like, we are making one of those.
Speaker 5: Right, But it's also not nearly as obtuse or confusing as one of those. Or everything's contact sensitive, so it's it's pretty easy to find the things that you should be clicking on even like the dialogue systems, it's just like icons of things you might want to talk about, so pretty straightforward.
Speaker 1: But I'm liking this quite a bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like the story here is that you are this kind of drifter who's back in his hometown for his mom's funeral. So he's got to see, you know, his sister and his ex wife and you know, everything's kind of awkward. But before all of that happens, he gets caught up in something weird with a bunch of Sam Fisher looking people abducting homeless and killing people, and he maybe gets framed for it, and then they try to kill you and you die. It works, they kill you, but then like time rewinds a bit. If you ever played ghost Trick, fine, if it has sequences, yes, it has those sequences. You're in a situation and you have to kind of solve a puzzle or else you die. Every time you die, you just go back, so you kind of keep trying things until you finally figure out the situation. So like one of them, I was captured and I'm in a hospital and I'm handcuffed to the hospital bed and I'm being interrogated. Then a nurse comes in to refill my saving solution right then like a few minutes later, I die, So it's like, oh, she poisoned me. So now you're kind of in this Groundhog's day loop of like trying to figure out how to get out of that situation. So mixing those segments in with the more traditional pointing click puzzles is really cool. It's fully voice axed. It seemed the voice.
Speaker 1: Thatting is good.
Speaker 6: It seemed fun in those moments, Mike, like, did you were you feeling do you feel like, Okay, we're going back to begin the beginning of the loop, and now I have a good idea of what to do this time, because that sounds exciting as opposed to the idea of like, oh we're doing this again and I can't figure it out.
Speaker 3: That could get frustrating. But it felt like you always had a new idea of what to do next.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and like again that's uh, you know, that's part of the game, right, So, and it's usually these pretty short loops to where it happens, and at certain point you can, you know, skip a dialogue box. You can you know, if it's something you heard alt right, you get through that part pretty quickly, so no, I always thought those parts were pretty enthralling. I was enjoying the story. I kind of want to see where it's going.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so definitely something I'm going to.
Speaker 5: Continue playing on my own. I want to see this serially. Again, I love these games growing up, and I know people are still making these kinds of games, and Watchet Games or Watchet Games makes a ton of these and I haven't necessarily checked them out, so you know, probably shame on me for not looking at the games inspired by the games that I loved in this modern age. But I'm definitely enjoying this one. And I think anybody who likes, you know, lookas starts Veture games, or you like to gost trick Man Detective, or you just kind of like an interesting kind of mystery story should look at The Drifter.
Speaker 3: I think you could be excused for missing that this one came out because it came out the same day as Don't Donkey Kong Bonanza, So yeah, kind of easy to miss this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty recent, but really recommend it.
Speaker 2: Well that sounds bananas, but you know what is more bananas than that? Mike Manatti, Dan Ryker Jeff Grub now Donkey Kong Bananza. I'm a little jelly. I'm a little jelly. I haven't checked it out yet. It sounds like y'all are having a ball with this.
Speaker 4: It is I think maybe the fastest time to fun I have seen in a video game, maybe ever, just I guess. I don't even know if you could call it a tutorial room because never does you know, the action never stop since it's like, oh, here's how you do this. If anything, it's just a little pop up being like here's how you do a chunk jump. Yeah, just puts you in a fucking room and you just go nuts and it's immediately fun. There's like five seconds of just like here's the island they're on. Oops, an asteroid. All right, go fucking nuts, and that's all you're doing. This entire game is just going fucking nuts and destroying everything, like Grub, are you doing?
Speaker 7: Much like I find myself looks.
Speaker 4: I'll see a mountain or like a hill, and I won't even have I'm not going towards the yellow exclamation point. I don't even have a specific banana or anything I'm going for. I just go up the hill and I just start spamming. Just ah, just fucking up everything, going up, sideways down all the way through. It turn into Bananza monkey, just tearing up a whole fucking mountain. And along the way, I'll get like, you know, twenty different things. You know, I'll get a bunch of gold, I'll get some banandium chips and bananas and all that.
Speaker 7: But I'm just like, are you doing it without direction too?
Speaker 1: Sometimes? Yeah?
Speaker 6: In fact, I'm kind of like, yeah, the spirit overtakes me for sure in this game more than a lot of other games. And to the point where that is how I'm playing it overall, where I am. I am aware of the yellow thing the waypoint telling me where to go next, and I have that in mind, but I am just sort of like playing it on a vibe level of I just feel like this thing in front of me needs to be destroyed. I'm gonna punch the hell out of it. Oh cool, I did find a banandaum thing. I did find a bunch of other stuff, but now that's destroyed. I'm just going to keep moving to that yellow thing now. And oh, another thing distracted me and I'm punching that and I'm not like worried about one hundred percent of the game at all on this first playthrough, just because it is such a get in the vibe of this game, feel it out and get on its level and just go, and it's made to be played that way. It feels like, and it's so good on that level that I'm having a great time. And I'm also aware that I'm leaving all this stuff behind that I'm gonna get to come back to later when it is time to be like, I fully know everything about this game. Now I have all the abilities, a fully up upgraded of Donkey Kong, and now I can come back and really tear these levels apart and find every last thing.
Speaker 3: And I love that it's really really good on that level.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I'm doing, is like I'm just general in general senses. I'm pointing Donkey Kong in a direction, sometimes towards an objective, but I am not doing like, well, I got to get a hundred percent on this layer, this sub layer before I move to the next. I'm doing the exact same way where it's like I'm gonna move through what feels like a natural pace and then there will definitely be time it's very easy to fast travel around and go between the layers and all that. I will one this game completely, like it's so much fun. It's no fucking way I'm not doing that. And there are tools there where it's it's easy have to buy maps and stuff for like, you know, bananas you haven't found, so like, I think it's going to be a very fun one.
Speaker 7: But I it does something that almost reminded.
Speaker 1: Me of Breath the Wild and that I really appreciate where it's like, you know, when you start Breath the Wild and you get out of that first thing and it's like your first objective is kill Gannon, you know, and it's like, oh, okay, well head out and see what happens with that.
Speaker 4: This for the first objective here is find more bananas. I fucking love that where it's like, all right, got my marching orders, let's just go where this takes me.
Speaker 6: Man, it shifts later to get to the planet core and that's always there as well.
Speaker 4: And yes, and I love the map screen if just you're going down and I just got the first part where it does kind of split like there's a light you want to go to the snow area or the forest area and like there is the divide you know. Oh man, I'm just loving every second. I've got like one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 6: But is now yeah, keeps getting better, Dan, Like, so you're at that at that point, I'm like, I love this game and now I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh boy, it's all I can think about. It's all I want to do.
Speaker 1: It's it's so.
Speaker 3: It just keeps getting better and better each level and each power you unlock.
Speaker 5: About Zebra, yes, yeah, Zebra is very I like Zebra lot. One of the best songs too, is the Zebra Song.
Speaker 3: It's a musical, Yeah, Like that's it's a It really is kind of a musical where Pauline is singing these songs about these characters.
Speaker 1: Are these special powers that you have.
Speaker 6: You can activate that at any time, and her singing powers are central to the game, and I like that. That's like a really fun idea. But more than a lot of other Nintendo games, this one just kind of wears on its sleeve that it is taking bits and pieces of every other game that Nintendo's made, and a bunch of other games, like this is just Mario Odyssey and a lot of stru and a lot of the ways that it's truck structured, and then they just like, Okay, now let's put all the Donkey Kong stuff on top of that and build it in a different direction, and it works really well. You could tell that they are like, Hey, we know this stuff already functions the way we need it to for one of these games. Why rebuild it. Let's focus on making a bunch of new fun stuff. And that paid off because there it is so dense. There is so much going on in every level, so many things to discover, to the point where and like, it also opens up the opportunity for you to play it how you want and the quick look, which I don't know if that's up yet, but people see I'm playing it and I'm showing Mike some of the levels I'd already played, and there's a point where it's like, oh, this is how you get to the next stage or get to the boss to get to the next stage. And I did not do any of the sequence that the game says is required to get there. I apparently had found my own way.
Speaker 3: I'm like actually going through screenshots and movies trying to find like, what did I even do? How did I get here?
Speaker 5: It's kind of breaf of the wild in that way, a little Mario Odyssey in that way. I'm really deep into the game. I think I'm beginning to brush up towards the ending what I love, Like, you know, just the base mechanics and all that stuff is so fun that I don't get tired of it. But it does, you know, always build on that. And sometimes it's new abilities with the bonanzas. But a lot of times, oh, I didn't think about interacting with the world, yes, with my abilities in this way, or I didn't expect terrain to react to it this way in this level. Now all these really fun and smart things. Yeah, it's just it's absolutely incredible. It's better than I was expecting. And I love Odyssey so much. I was just already expecting the moon here. Yeah, it's a it's better than I imagine. I can't believe how well executed this idea is.
Speaker 4: I'm excited because, like I feel like, since I wasn't able to play this weekend, since I was on the road, like I'm pretty early, right, if I if I'm.
Speaker 5: Pretty year relatively early? Still yeah, like still first third, I'd say, yep.
Speaker 4: Oh good, Okay, that's great, Mike does the Uh, there's small apples, but then there are like big, beautifully rendered apples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bullshit.
Speaker 5: I was expecting a banana situation. I knew what I signed up for.
Speaker 1: What the fuck are all.
Speaker 5: These apples doing in this game?
Speaker 4: Because the bananas look like crystals, you know, so maybe you can make that separation with the apples.
Speaker 7: It looks like a big ass apples.
Speaker 1: Just apples. What the hell is this?
Speaker 5: Don collocs apples now to those even drow in the jungle apples.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, ship into the city. He's been a new dog city before he tried apples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big apple.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, yeah, I was upset about the apples, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: I'll forgive it.
Speaker 7: Did you all flip the BNA buttons?
Speaker 1: No? No? No?
Speaker 5: Because oh because Dan, Look, it makes so much sense the way now.
Speaker 4: I understand, down is down. I get that, but it's also very easy to wrap my head around. Well, right is down, and then the normal jump buttons, the normal jump button.
Speaker 1: That feels it's way.
Speaker 3: Better to get used to the jump button, not B and B.
Speaker 7: That was weird when I saw that setting.
Speaker 4: I always go through the settings before I started a game and I saw the swap BNA, and I remember from the preview being like, hey, over here is kind of weird, So I swapped it.
Speaker 1: Have not looked back. It feels great that way. That's fine.
Speaker 5: I have such a controller chameleon though. If you you can put the jump on whatever you want to, I'll get used to.
Speaker 7: It wherever you went to. All right, R three is jump.
Speaker 5: I mean, if the game was designed with that in a way that made sense, they are, but surely did it just a mess of me?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: But if a game put R three on jump, I bet there beers. I mean, Breath with the Zeta games have jump on X and it's a little weird. It works, I get it.
Speaker 7: I like I had to look at the controller to figure out where X was.
Speaker 1: I do too.
Speaker 4: We've got Yeah, it's fucked up, like everyone has the Xbox thing burnt into their brain.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the thing you said Mike about like learning the systems and like learning the material science of the game, Like there's a chemistry system also like Breath of the Wild. Oh, this material material interacts with that material in a certain way. That is I think the fundamental reason the game keeps getting better because I am there's so many systems to get used to and figure out how they work. So now when I do go back to earlier levels, a possibility space has opened up so much that it just really feels like the game is clicking in a way that it clicked immediately. Dan's right, it is fun in the first half second you press that jump button, you press the roll button into a jump, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, oh man, it's so good.
Speaker 3: They just like, relatively recently have I really had to sometimes think more about the structural integrity of the clumps of earth that I'm picking up sometimes, Dan, have you heard about my jump tech?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, he's got a good jump tech.
Speaker 5: So the highest jump you can do in the game does this spin No, so you do the double jump.
Speaker 1: But whatever you're at the height of a jump please called a chunk chunk. Do a chunk jump.
Speaker 5: But then do a down smash attack because when you do that, he actually flips in the air a little bit. So start that animation that counts Kitsel out of that with a real role that's your max site.
Speaker 7: Oh like Mario three D whirl, like do the butt something dive types.
Speaker 5: I've been breaking some puzzles, like, there's been some misses where it clearly wants me to do something and I'll do that and just skip it and it feels so good.
Speaker 1: That's got to feel amazing.
Speaker 6: Oh the Sonic boom knuckles jump. And the director of this game is the director of Sonic Adventure Games.
Speaker 4: So wow, Yeah, have you tried the co op mode?
Speaker 1: No? I did?
Speaker 3: I did it with the mouse version? Did you do like the game share version?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: I did it with Kayla sitting next to me, or I guess she was, Yeah, she was on her switch to so I guess I was doing local game share Yes.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, So what was that like?
Speaker 6: Cause we did it where Addie was on the controller and then Emmy got the joy consons was using the mouse and was like sucking up the materials and then shooting him out by making Pauline sing Is it the same thing when you do me?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 4: And maybe there just might have been a Kala factor going on of her just hitting as fast as possible and creating like I couldn't see what was happening on the screen the amount of shit she was doing, So maybe that's just the Kala factor.
Speaker 1: It seemed like too much.
Speaker 3: That is the thing about this game.
Speaker 6: It's like, I bet it's Sometimes it might be difficult to watch because Donkey Kong just gets in that ass of the level and gets surrounded by the material and dirt and stuff, and the camera has like look through it and see a silhouette.
Speaker 3: But when I'm playing, I fully understand what's going on.
Speaker 6: I know where he is. I never feel lost. Sometimes the camera does just feel a tiny bit wonky. For as much as is happening, it works shockingly well, so it kind of.
Speaker 7: Has to be that way.
Speaker 4: The amount you can go into curials and stuff, like, there's no way the camera is going to be perfect, right.
Speaker 5: The fact that it works like this well is shocking. Yeah, I'd never feel lost or I don't know where I am, And sometimes you like going underground helps you see things in a weird way. It is still such a Donkey Kong game. Some people worry that this was some big reboots just because of the redesign. There's still all these references and elements from Donkey.
Speaker 3: Kong Symphony played at one point, like there's a.
Speaker 5: Whole Sticker Bush Symphony level, Right's you know, there's a mindcart madness style level at one point, and you have things like the barrels that are omnipresent everywhere. It's just that absolute joy. It is just the kind of Nintendo stuff that Nintendo does best. Uh obviously our first grade switch to game, and whenever this system is said and done, it will still be one of its best games. Absolutely, Dan.
Speaker 6: Every time you get one to one of those blue crystal guys, do you rip off their faces because they don't care?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 4: I feel bad because I got trained early on, because it's like I would hit the button with the the kongs and they would high five, and it's like, oh, hell yeah, I'm not going to accidentally hit these like fun little monkeys and get HI five and a thumbs up, and all of a sudden, those blue dudes with the eyes, I'm just like punching off the bottom of their fucking face like a Ricchio kill. And it's like, yeah, it's fu great.
Speaker 3: You could just grab them, rip off their face, and then use the chunk to destroy the rest of their body.
Speaker 1: It's coral. Do you know you could rip them apart?
Speaker 3: You rip them apart with your digits, with your monkey fingers.
Speaker 1: It's so good going in for a handshake with you anymore grub thinking about ripping off faces. You're right, Jack's fatality.
Speaker 2: This sounds fantastic. It feels like it I need to play this game and maybe it'll fix me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I can.
Speaker 2: Tell that every time I see I'm scrolling through whatever and I see someone streaming this game, it's just smiling ear to ear.
Speaker 6: It definitely happened to me, Like I felt myself going from like being in kind of a mood like something was happening. And then when I was playing this game, and I'm like, I'm a joint and of course I'm enjoying it, but uh, you know, I'm like overwhelmed with with with joy. And then at a certain point, I'm like I felt myself physically smile and you didn't stop the rest of the time I was playing.
Speaker 4: It is like like something is happening inside my brain when I play it, Like I'm feeling fireworks go off, yeah with the neurons, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, folks, We're well, we're all gonna go watch the fireworks together. We're gonna go gather in front of the carousel and then meet there and then afterwards, Jeff Grubb is going to deliver us the news and take quick.
Speaker 1: I gotta leave, so see you on the dumb truck. Every love you think about the.
Speaker 6: Challenger was really funny, And we are back.
Speaker 2: Scouts, stop scratching the couch behind me, Pets.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, Scout, stop it.
Speaker 5: Scott, live your life and listen to them, Scout dog, couch up.
Speaker 2: No, don't, don't, don't mess up the couch. It's old, all right, gang, Welcome back to John BombCast, episode nine hundred. You know you know you know what we're missing?
Speaker 1: Ackler back on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, back, yes, Jeff Backler. But I was going to say new music. I think now that we've reached episode nine hundred, I think we need new music for the segments specifically.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, let's get a new theme song.
Speaker 5: Is that sack relation? Should I not say that?
Speaker 1: So we just got this theme song like a couple hundred episodes ago.
Speaker 7: This was like twenty twenty two. We started doing this version of it.
Speaker 5: See yeah, basically, since I haven't listening it's been that one. I'm over it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we have like a tambourine to this one. Will that just switch it up for you? Good?
Speaker 5: That'd be good.
Speaker 7: You got new game Mess Mornings music from Tom Monda.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and we all got a brand new overlays for game Miss Mornings, very very I didn't realize how Persona looking it was that.
Speaker 5: I was that that tickle because it looks so Persona looks great, looks amazing. But even the artist is like, I never played Persona. I was like, that's funny, because yeah, we've accidentally got very Persona code with that.
Speaker 1: Uh well, it's time to get to the news.
Speaker 2: This is Jeff Crabb with a news Jeff.
Speaker 6: Crub Yeah, that's right, Hello, everybody, I have some news headlines for you. From Software reportedly has another unannounced game that could release next year. From Soft is reportedly developing an unannounced multi platform game.
Speaker 3: The codeame is FMC.
Speaker 6: Their code names are I don't think rarely. Are they acronyms or something like that, and they all seem to start with the letter F. I don't know if someone's decoded that or whatever. But this is not The Dusk Bloods, which is the from Soft game that has already been confirmed for twenty twenty six. The Switch to Exclusive that is a multiplayer focused or multiplayer heavy game. I guess we don't really know yet, we'll have to see for ourselves at that point when it comes out. This is a different game that is also coming from from Software and maybe even coming before the Dust Bloods releases.
Speaker 1: Gang. What what do you think it is?
Speaker 3: Or I guess what do you want.
Speaker 1: It to be? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, say yeah that's what I want? Is I want so I just I just beat Zekero and Molesports for that for the best ending.
Speaker 1: It's sycle bait. There's cycle bait at the end of that game. Give me the sequel.
Speaker 5: And now I know Activision published the first game, but my understanding is from Soft just owns that eyepiece.
Speaker 3: I think they think that's right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they don't necessarily to be involved. I love Soecoro so much. It's my favorite from Soft game, even more than that Out to Ring and I freaking loved out and Ring. Uh yeah, I I just want Soekero too. Now, maybe that's kind of lofty. Maybe something like an Armored Core six expansion or Definitive edition is more likely. That'd be fine. That's a good game too. I see you said that. One rumors is Dark Souls three remastered. That's a little weird to me. I played that game recently. I don't know what the heck you would remaster that game already just looks as good as it possibly needs to in every way. That's a twenty sixteen game, Jeff, I remember you said this about Doom twenty sixteen, like when it came out, like, oh, this is as good as games need to look. I think we're kind of right. I think twenty sixteen games in general don't really need to be remastered.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't need they you know, they do it because they'll sell and make more money.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 6: But I'm with you, like I don't feel an urge or need for this one. In particular, Fire's Rubicon expansion. I would love that, but I don't know. I don't know if that's something that they want to do.
Speaker 5: I would almost rather you just start working on another Armor Corps.
Speaker 2: Did Armored Corps six sell well so well, like a couple million copies?
Speaker 5: You know they didn't do Elder Ring numbers are probably even secero.
Speaker 1: It's the best time an.
Speaker 6: Armor Core game by a lot, for sure. Yeah, don't I don't think a rushing back to Yeah, that feels like it wants every eight to ten years sort of game, you know, maybe ten years actually, you know, I'm really glad they went back to it. It is one of my favorite games. It's so good. But do we get another one this quickly or even an expansion? I don't know, but this one probably will be a single player game because they have they've already had Night Rain, they have dust Bloods, so people are craving that from from Soft. Maybe this can deliver something along those lines. One thing for sure, nothing along the lines of Elden Ring, like almost, yeah, so far away from that.
Speaker 1: It's definitely noting. Yeah, it's not out Ring too yet, especially because.
Speaker 5: Miyazaki is directing dust Bloods, so he is busy with that. So that's the thing. That's the kind of thing is he is directing that game, So like, what is this other game? Could he possibly also directed it? Because you wouldn't need him for a seker Road too, I assume, or for you know, an Outer Ring too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wasn't there like rumors like a couple of months ago that Miyazaki was experimenting or thinking about making like a turn based game or like an RPG.
Speaker 5: There was something about that or he said he wanted to something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think it was an interview, so that that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think whenever developers say that kind of stuff interviews, that's like the next next thing after whatever they're working on now and whatever they're planning on.
Speaker 3: But I don't know, maybe now we'll see.
Speaker 6: The new Pokemon game is getting a Nintendo switched to hardware bundle. Nintendo and the Pokemon Company have announced a new Nintendo Switch two bundle featuring a download code code for the switch to version of Pokemon Legends ZA. It will be priced at five hundred dollars, and it will be available on October sixteenth, the same day that the game releases. The bundle may replace the limited time Mario Kart World Bundle, So I think I still think that Mario Kart Bundle will be back every year for the rest of our goddamn lars, because that's what they did with Mario Kart Bundle on.
Speaker 3: Switch one and it worked really well.
Speaker 6: But I think this sounds plausible, and that maybe that's why they said it was limited, but already bundling a Pokemon Legends game with with Switch too, you know, at the somewhat dis kind of price, you know of where you get ten dollars twenty dollars off the game whatever. It is a little surprising, but I think that means the switch To is gonna be massive this holiday, that this bundle is gonna be hard to find.
Speaker 5: Right, And I think it really solidifies that. Yeah, but you know it was it was kind of obvious. I know some people thought there might be some other big holiday game, there's another holiday game.
Speaker 1: But Legends z A is the game.
Speaker 5: Even though it's Yeah, even though it's also Switch one game, it is still the big switch To holiday game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, scarlet and Violets sold gangbusters that game freak don't really need to do squat or take anyone's constructive criticism into account anymore. But I don't know. I think maybe this is a vote of confidence from Nintendo other than knowing them knowing that this is going to be like a cash cow.
Speaker 1: I mean sure, it.
Speaker 6: Also like hits the quadrants, right, So we got we opened up with families with Mario Kart d cam binances for the Sikohs. They'll have a bunch of other updates of stuff like for like Nintendo fans, there's a Curby I Am coming to Kirby DLC and Mario parties happening this week and stuff like that. But it's like, where is the game for kids? And and Pokemon is not just that it's the game for kids. So it's just going to hit that quadrat quadrant in a really hard way. Switch two is already selling three times faster than the Switch one in Japan. When this bundle comes out, it's probably gonna start selling even faster than that.
Speaker 3: This is going to do very well for them.
Speaker 2: Have y'all seen any like Switch twos out in the wild, like just like eating stock at places.
Speaker 3: Not in stock so target A couple of times, I've seen some Switch one, some switch lights, never a switch to. Okay, that makes sense. People are still tracking those things down like.
Speaker 6: They're not they're not so rare that like the secondhand market, the scalper market is blowing up, but it's still hard to find them all right. PlayStation and Arc system Works Marvel game will be will debut at EVO. Marvel Tocan Fighting Souls will be available at EVO Las Vegas from August first through the third. Attendees like Turbo Sean and I think it is Jason Fonelli going out there as well.
Speaker 3: I think you maybe maybe he was a maybe right. Can play a four character team from a roster of six Marvel characters, including Captain America, iron Man, Storm, star Lord, Miss Marvel, and Doctor Doom and receive a collectable pen. I'm ready to hear what people think about this game. I bet they're gonna like it because it looks pretty good. But do we know when this game is coming out? I think it's twenty twenty six, right, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: Think it has anything more specific than that. Yeah, I just I definitely want to see some more characters, especially you know, a four v four game, They're gonna need a lot of ROSS members, and I know we are gonna get a bunch, and I want to start seeing some of those. I want to see py coops from my boy Jan for sure.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta have them there. Gotta have a good amount of xbol to have some fun weird picks. I want to see some people I've never heard of, right, I always kind of like those characters in these games.
Speaker 1: Let's see here.
Speaker 6: Saber Interactive is indeed working on a hell Raiser game, and this is going to be for the PS five, Xbox MPC Saber and Boss Team Games are creating Clive Barker's hell Raiser Revival and it is not an asymmetrical multiplayer game. It's a single player survival horror action game for those previously mentioned platforms. This is what people were hoping for when this game was getting teased, and you know, I think we were a.
Speaker 1: Little hopeful that Saber would.
Speaker 3: Do go that route, and they have.
Speaker 6: I think a hell Raisers survival horror game sounds interesting, and I think sabers a little bit on a roll with being able to make these adaptations make sense on like a and this is a not a pejorative B B game level where it's like, hey, no, we're just making a video game. We have this license. Let's smash them together and just take the fun stuff and take the good stuff from the license, like they did with that Warhammer Space Marine two game. So yeah, and like what looks like what they're doing with the Jurassic Park game. They're making a ton of stuff. They're also making Turrok, They're making they're making still making Nights of the Old Republic two.
Speaker 5: They have a Republic two the Nights of Republic remake.
Speaker 3: Thank you Knights of the Old Republic remake was t uh so they're busy over there.
Speaker 6: But I'm I don't know. I think that this sounds like a good fit for them as well. Any I don't know any Hell Raiser super fans here. I like that movie.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, me, you're definitely penhead coded for sure.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know everything about hell Raiser. I'm a hell Razor myself. That's what the fans call themselves. It's what's your favorite centa bite? Oh?
Speaker 1: All of them? Eagerly.
Speaker 5: I would have to say the first one though. Can't you ever forget your first sink sinko bite?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: My sinko bites out there at the top of the.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out saw the other fellow hell Raisers.
Speaker 1: I've never liked hell Raiser the movie.
Speaker 4: So the first one I remember thinking it was there's some interesting like bad guy designs and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: But uh, maybe I just saw it too.
Speaker 1: Old, like I would have more of impact. I was a kid when I saw it.
Speaker 2: Maybe for me too, Yeah, I only saw hell Razor one four years ago.
Speaker 3: You do have to be a child to appreciate the psychosexual aspect of Hell Raiser, I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did never really appreciate it on my fifth viewing when I was much older.
Speaker 6: All by the way, Yeah, Pokemon's upcoming theme park was inspired by isolation during the pandemic, says Junichi Masuda, chief creative fellow at the Pokemon Company, announced Poke Park Canto It's Canto region, right Canto, a new Pokemon theme park that will open next year as part of Japan's Yomi Yuri Land. Developed in response to pandemic induced isolation, the park aims to incentivize outdoor activity and foster communication among fans, fulfilling Masuda is a long held desire for a place where people can gather and interact through. Pokemon Park will feature a Pokemon Center, Pokemart, and Pokemon Gym, a strong emphasis on physical, tangible experience the experience of Pokemon, unlike digital interactions of games like Pokemon Go. So I'm gonna I'm gonna go to get pet the Pikachu, right and like they're just statues whatever. Yeah, park is the key word here. This is very much like a park park.
Speaker 5: There's a couple rides like you know, Ferrisville kind of things, But I don't think you're going to Disneyland or something like that.
Speaker 6: So you mean like park is in like city park? What do you what's the distinction you're making here?
Speaker 2: Well, not like a theme park, right, right, is going to be right going to a suburb suburban park, I think with installations, I feel like wizard Quest, the place where Dan went maybe more elaborately designed.
Speaker 3: The public park was wizard Quest.
Speaker 5: It was mostly a place for social gathering and relaxing outdoors as opposed to a place to go on theme park rides.
Speaker 6: Like it's like downtown Disney with just with just a couple of Pokemon stores.
Speaker 3: Maybe a lot.
Speaker 5: More green or in juice, but yeah, but more greenery. Okay, right, because it's a park, I think there's like a gibli park in Japan. It's also kind of like that's really not very ride focus. It's more vibes focused. Because Universal in Japan at least maybe also does have the park rights for Pokemon. Right, we're doing that more traditional kind of thing.
Speaker 2: That being said, Pokemon company, send us to the Pokemon park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I want to see this sounds really cute.
Speaker 2: Think of all the fun shenanigans I can film these three fuckos doing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll pet the poke, the Pikachu or developer Moon Studios explains why No Rest for the Wicked may skip Xbox. Moon Studios, the developer of the RI series, is prioritizing PS five, PS five pro and Switch two versions of its game No Rest for the Wicked, putting Xbox at the back of the queue due to quote market conditions. CEO Thomas Maller, who I think we've documented before a little bit, a little bit of a weirdo, stated that supporting both Xbox Series X and Series S takes more time and resources in a PS five slash PS five port pro port, and the studio wants to prioritize features like co op and a full release sooner. He dispelled the notions of a quote shakedown and the idea there is that he and his team were shaked doing a shakedown on Xbox, telling it common sense to focus on the platform with the most users. Moon Studios recently secured publishing rights for No Right Rest for the Wicked from to Take two, making them fully independent. I think the people the reason people might be thinking that this is a shakedown is that they're not putting on Xbox because they want to get better terms for Microsoft. So they're refusing to put it on there until Microsoft comes to them. I don't know if that's right, only because I'm not sure how antsi Xbox is to go talk to this guy anymore. But that's just a hunch. Mike, you're a big ri fan. I know you've paid attention to the studio before. Do you have like any thoughts on this?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 5: Yes, you know, Microsoft Xbox did publish the two or games, and this was around of time where Xbox was buying up everybody, and they did not buy up Moon Studios. Instead, they almosteem kind of happy to let them go go off and do their own thing. And that's where you know, Moon Studios was with Take two instead, and then Take two.
Speaker 3: You know, seems done with them as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so right, The scuttle butt was that allegedly very difficult to work with Moon Studios, specifically it's leadership. So yeah, I think I agree with that. Jeff, I don't think Xbox is coming is all that concerned about no rest for the Wicked, a game that I don't think is has that much buzz. This was the game where he complained about being review bombed when it wasn't being review bomb but just got n Negger views because people didn't like the recent update. He's kind of involved himself into the cultural cultural war at different points, right, and you can guess what side he's on. So yeah, I don't know. The whole thing is really weird. And look, honestly, like, I don't blame any studio for just skipping Xbox, Like that's completely reasonable, Like, yeah, you only have so much money. I think it is definitely more important to get your game on PlayStation instead of that, So that aspect of it, that's fair.
Speaker 3: It's no rest for the Wicked one of the Hades, like Mike, I guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a top down action game. It's much more souls born coded than Hades.
Speaker 1: Is it there with SpongeBob in it?
Speaker 5: No SpongeBob SquarePants insight in this one, I'm afraid.
Speaker 1: Okay, here is one of those. Though.
Speaker 6: There's that SpongeBob reference in Tony Hawk, and I was like, is there a whole SpongeBob stage because I think that's what they're teasing, and turns out there's not.
Speaker 3: It just like turns to the SpongeBob for a half second.
Speaker 1: Uh all right, real quick.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to talk about the Pokemon presents from this morning, just real, real quick.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, what happened there?
Speaker 6: Because it doesn't seem like much other than I included a couple of stories, but beyond that, what happened there?
Speaker 2: It opened with them talking about the Pokemon Worlds event in Anaheim later this year, Pokemon Concierge having another season. That's that very pleasant twee show on Netflix. I think they're also doing something with the walls and grommet people. But then I blacked out for like a minute or two.
Speaker 5: You hate that stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it comes here, playmate, I could.
Speaker 2: It's stop motion okay, which there's there's like a difference for me. I don't care if there's a defined similarity. I don't fucking care. But Pokemon Champions is the thing that I wanted to talk about. It is the competitive one v one or two v two Pokemon mode and this is going to come out on not only the switch switch to probably but also mobile. And the interesting thing about this is that they of course said, there is the functionality to transfer poke your existing Pokemon from Pokemon Home, so you could get your Pokemon that you've you've had for generations and uh, the ones that you specifically trained up, but they will also be like it seems like a streamline kind of training for Pokemon, where you just give them the stats you want them to have, and that for me is going to be insane because I don't for as much as they have streamline stuff with like bottle caps and all different candies to get your ivs, your EV's correct and the nature's correct exactly, I don't have the time for that. So if I can just pick the specific pokemon and give them the specific move sets and like the specific like stat spreads that I want and need for some of my zany ideas, then by all means, please give that to me. I also hope that game Freak or whoever is developing this game just puts in like a proper spectator mode, because it is kind of insane that you need like a hacked version of the game to like do like a proper like shoutcasting type of thing, right, because I'd love to dust off the dust and bring back Pokemonday Night Combat to the website. I just can't be asked to slog through Scarlet and Violet, even though it does run better on the switch to I just don't want to do the whole breeding stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of time, right, that's like hundreds of hours. Right, it's not just it's sped.
Speaker 1: Up, for sure in comparison to how it used to be.
Speaker 2: But like, I just don't want to have to like breed like a chain of like three generations of Pokemon to get one specific move onto someone just to try out the tech.
Speaker 5: See, you know, I have liked Pokemon. I used to like a lot.
Speaker 1: More I have.
Speaker 5: I've never been able to play it like that. I've never been able to care about what you're saying. Yeah, it's never been my thing. I got a couple of breaking news things here, Oh please bring them. Ozzy Osbourne died whoa just a little bit after that final concert thing.
Speaker 6: He's the for kids who didn't know he was the star of an MTV reality show, Oh dear, yeah.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, yeah Ozzy Osbourne. This is some Sky news somebody linked in chat so like that's things that's legitimate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor health for for years now. Yeah yeah, it's said.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh VIDI back to video games, so I splicate too, is like going back to beta? Right, you had a full launch.
Speaker 6: They we're gonna make its great again, and now then so hard they're backed up being batas.
Speaker 1: They said it was awesome, got them grub.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, I only said it because he would hate it specifically.
Speaker 1: Oh so there you go.
Speaker 5: There's here's there's my interruptive breaking news break.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: Well, good luck to the people that make that game and not that guy specific some of them, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Some of them. Fuck that dude specifically.
Speaker 3: Yep, just a dumb thing. Man, I don't know, man'. Suplicate two had nothing going and no one was talking about that, nothing near what Splicate one had at its peak, which felt like it was.
Speaker 6: Going to turn into a thing, and then that burned out really quickly. So okay, well, good luck to them, all right. Leaked Battlefield pick confirms full name with a real event reveal event allegedly close. It's going to be called Battlefield six and on July twenty ninth, according to a now deleted social media post, they'll have some more to say about that about the game. At that point, or at least in that timeframe. There's going to be an event, and it's going to be a kin to those Call of Duty next events. They have annually where they announced all the stuff happening in the game.
Speaker 3: So they're treating Battlefield six like a really big deal, equivalent to Call of Duty at least so far, and they have big ideas about this game one hundred million players. There sounds like there's going.
Speaker 6: To be a free to play mode that is equivalent to war Zone, so a Battle Royale. Do you guys feel like Battlefield's about to come back and take over the world or what?
Speaker 4: I feel like, I haven't heard people excited about Battlefield since like three I'm sure that's going back too far, but I just feel like it's not talked about the same it used to be like Battlefield and Call of Duty head to head November in the early twenty tens, and I just don't hear anyone excited about Battlefield anymore.
Speaker 5: No, I say, one had a little bit going yet.
Speaker 6: But what did one have one head like, all right, we're back. It was not like this is the new you know, nineteen.
Speaker 3: Forty two or three or four. It was, oh, at least this, at least we have gotten another good one.
Speaker 6: It's not like established in the cannon the way where like people are like, oh, one is the new flag bearer for the franchise. It was like sort of like a you know, a reprieve from other worst games. And then since then they've missed the mark mostly. Twenty forty two.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I'm and twenty forty two were both pretty big misses. It seems like that's two in a row in these days. That's a decade, right basically, So yeah, I just you know, it can always work all of a sudden, I guess I'm a I'm very curious to see what they got, because what do you do suddenly make it stand out? Is it just a bad one?
Speaker 3: Oversaw on that is being overseen by Vince Sampella, who is the respond Call of Duty guy, and then Shape Its Legends and Titan Fall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the guy who made Grant the thoughto just made a very exciting brand new video games is called Mind's Eye.
Speaker 6: To hear about that, Yeah, well, okay, right, what you're saying is one guy can't necessarily change things. I think you're right about that, so we'll see. I've never been a huge battlefield guy. I've enjoyed playing them here or there, but I've always been like kind of waiting for them to reach a level where it's like, oh, here is It's still Battlefield, but now it's cooking for all these people, and of course you could get to one hundred million players. I haven't seen that happen. Maybe maybe this will be the one where they figure it out, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be set in modern times. There's gonna be a bunch of stuff kind of connecting it. There's four developers working on it.
Speaker 1: Like the modern warfare of sorts of modern I.
Speaker 5: Do think it's actually been a bit since they did, because you know, there's slightly futuristic, and then at five was world War Two. Again everyone's mad on one, which was lady, it was World War One.
Speaker 3: That's why it was.
Speaker 5: So it has I guess it has been e bits. They've just done modern warfare, you know. So you know, if they really positioned it as the sequel to Battlefield four, how many people are still thinking about Battlefield four? Maybe some we'll see, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Bet that community is like really thinking about it a lot.
Speaker 1: Bad Company, mad Company three?
Speaker 5: Oh what you were saying that E was a bad company?
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad company, bad company?
Speaker 1: Uh some of someone please give me the io of that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, the only battlefield game I really have a lot of experience with isn't really a battlefield game.
Speaker 1: It just has the DNA of one.
Speaker 2: But I really enjoyed the finals from like two Finals was fun.
Speaker 1: That was a fun month or two we played that.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, that game is still going, it turns out, and yeah, I don't know. It was always very intimidating for me to have like the gigantic battlefields with like a Humongo sixty four plus players, because I could just never get a grasp on anything.
Speaker 6: Sure, my finals is from end Bark, which is uh, the guy that started that studio is the one that used to be in charge of technology at EA, and so yeah, and Dice he was actually the Dice guy, right, right, was the and he like the frost engine guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the guy that was like, everyone's gonna use frost Engine at EA, and then he left and didn't have to use frost Engine himself anymore. So how about that?
Speaker 1: And about that?
Speaker 5: You know what I do like about Battlefield is that that song. Every time I hear that, Yeah, even like even like the new trailers, right, they'll always like play just that drum beat at the end I'll be like, hell, yeah, actually I do care.
Speaker 3: Uh you be Soft Ubisoft has been confronted on the stop Killing Games petition and yieves Gimo tried to like sound diplomatic. He's like, yeah, I mean this is something that.
Speaker 6: We are aware of and we're trying to deal with and it's a challenge. And I think that's like him kind of putting on the the honey while in the background, the UH industry groups that represent companies like you Be Soft are doing the vinegar and they're like, this is this can't work, this will destroy the industry. They're like lobbying politicians in Europe hard I guess. For a reminder of the Stop Killing Games initiative is a petition that has been some by enough people that the European Union, regulators or lawmakers I'm not sure how it all works over there, have to take it under consideration, and it being the idea that video game companies have to prod provide some remedy when they sell you a video game so that if it goes offline, there is some way for you to continue enjoying it, whether that is private servers or something else. Either, why the EU has to consider it and I'll say I'm of like two minds on this slightly. I get that it's probably challenging for these companies, and the other mind is I don't care, and they should have to They should be forced to have to consider this, I think, and bringing in regulators to force them to do that to me sounds like a completely fair thing at this point, right.
Speaker 5: And I mean if, like, you know, conquence consequence of that is that they make fewer live service games.
Speaker 1: Oh no, right, gosh, what are we going to do?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 6: Hardly a threat even for people who like live service games. They already have their live service games, so no one's going to be freaking out about that. Nintendo is bringing back its mysterious online play test from last year.
Speaker 3: Yo, we're going to as a team swing around and build things.
Speaker 1: I thought we're going on to the red Lobster, are.
Speaker 5: Troubling to the lobster buddy, A big lobster in the sky, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: What you mean.
Speaker 5: Oh, on someday, we're all going to the coldest bruise casts WiFi, uh, Fantasy drafts with the boys cheddar Bay all day.
Speaker 2: Let's get on my deathbed I need whoever is with me to like just get Mikey on the phone or get Mikey there and like don't worry buddy.
Speaker 3: Or smook you out and let you die in a red lobster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Mike Manati has to be there to just say the coldest bruised.
Speaker 4: You know, you can be like an efficient for someone's wedding, Like we should offer a service for fans where it's like, if you're dying, we will come and just stand around your bed and do bits.
Speaker 2: Like have you all seen that clip of like a therapy mini horse and it's just.
Speaker 7: Yes, I love that horse and it does that little flourish at the end.
Speaker 1: It's incredible mini horse. Yeah, it's a little.
Speaker 4: Fucking horse that like it it wakes up patients from anesthesia and oh my god, I just send this the bank, like okay, yeah, uh oh oh wait no, I just showed it to our sitting next for it's just a fucking horse with a keyboard and you wake up to a fucking horse going like running it snout all.
Speaker 1: Over like the keys like a musical keyboard.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And I hope they don't tell the people that that's gonna happen, so as you come out of anesthesias.
Speaker 7: What's that sound?
Speaker 1: What the fuck's that horse?
Speaker 5: Nobody has a hotter CEO than the lobster.
Speaker 2: The lobster, the red lobster.
Speaker 1: That's the lobster. We're in the test.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you still can't talk about it, even if, let's say you were in it and played the video game a lot, and you've been dying to talk about it for a long time and they just won't let you. But we're gonna get into it again and all of us will play together, and hopefully they'll let us talk about it this time. It seems like they're letting in a lot more people. Yeah, seems interesting.
Speaker 1: So I just posted an important link in the chat for those who want to say the horse thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 7: The horse is going to town.
Speaker 3: Le's last story here Netflix.
Speaker 1: Wait what you said a horse? This is a little Sebastianah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you just is a many horse different than a pony. It's that's not a pony.
Speaker 1: Right, that's just different horses different than a pony. Yeah.
Speaker 3: God should not have given us these powers to make many horses.
Speaker 5: This horse definitely needs to be in the room when I die.
Speaker 1: What the sound on the flourish at the end.
Speaker 3: That's a mini Horse for Hires story. And really I just want to include this because of this incredible headline here. Netflix green lights Assassin's Creed series.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: It's about power, violence, sex, and greed. Oh shit, guys, keep finally making a show like that.
Speaker 1: It's so different from every other prestige TV. What are you talking about? Why would you say that? Stupid?
Speaker 6: It's a live action series helmed by Emmy nominees Roberto Patino and David Weiner.
Speaker 3: Wait is that the.
Speaker 1: Mad Men guy?
Speaker 3: It can't be right. Yeah, they're making one of these, or allegedly they're gonna make one of these.
Speaker 1: We'll see it.
Speaker 3: I'll believe it when I see it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whatever, I didn't Dan, Have you heard it's about power, violence, sex, and greed.
Speaker 7: Oh oh well, okay, it's wow.
Speaker 5: They made an Assassin's Creed movie like ten years ago.
Speaker 3: With Fastbender like a real movie star.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you made a Prince of Persia.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not terrible.
Speaker 5: It's not crazy.
Speaker 3: But it's not just saying that because Disney made it.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I was gonna ask because you have like fondness for bubble Boy because Jake Jill and.
Speaker 3: He's a big Jake Jilly fan.
Speaker 5: No, Jill and Hall is okay. Sometimes he's bad, sometimes he's not great.
Speaker 1: Night Crawler is awesome, amazing.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I don't know if I loved him as mysterious.
Speaker 1: I know it was having a great time his mysterious.
Speaker 7: Is he a spider Man as a mysterio?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh wow? And I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I want a mystery to be more of a goober.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was amazing. Oh, go ahead. Is this a series or a move movie? Serious? Serious?
Speaker 5: Serious, it's a series. They don't make movies anymore. No one likes those. You gotta make your prestige TV show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, okay.
Speaker 3: You gotta be a last of us. Yeah, you two were.
Speaker 2: Talking about this yesterday during Game mis mornings. But Electric State, the Millie Bobby Brown Chris Pratt movie.
Speaker 3: The Netflix Bomba, What the fuck was that ship?
Speaker 1: He was terrible.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even watch.
Speaker 6: It looked like dog shit, Like immediately looked like dog shit.
Speaker 2: I have like high tolerance for like really cheesy movies, and like, you know, I'll watch whatever superhero movie and kind of walk away.
Speaker 1: Okay, this was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, we should do movie punishments sometimes because I want to force you guys to watch the Apple and you got I can't get you guys to do that.
Speaker 6: Could tell you you're just not gonna do it unless I force you. So okay, Well, punishment and make that happen.
Speaker 1: It is worse than The Gray Man. Uh.
Speaker 3: And that was another one from the same directors, right, the Avengers directors.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, and they really did a good Avengers movie and good community episodes.
Speaker 1: What happened? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Netflix is just kind of poisoned for good writing. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Show you all like is what's that?
Speaker 3: Yes, but I haven't seen it, so I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'll see it tonight.
Speaker 3: I think that does it for the headlines. Jan I'm handing the show back over to you.
Speaker 2: Fantastic Well right after this quick bricky break, we were going to read some emails and some YouTube super chats if they've come in, and then we'll add the show forever until that happy. These are the emails or the show Therapy Horse Giant Wellcastigiant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails too, And folks, thank you so much for all the lovely emails that have been hitting the mailbox. Legitimately for shoot actual emails. I don't know what to do because we're getting so many. They're they're rivaling that of the voicemail dumb truck, which gets an obscene amount of calls every week. But now we're getting an obscene amount of emails. So thank you listening to that have been listening for all nine hundred episodes that are sending some emails in or newer listeners. Hey, you know what you should also do? Give us a good old, cheeky thumbs up somewhere. Give us a review some where, you know, not just a shoot thumbs up like Dan is giving us, but like whatever platform you're listening or watching on too.
Speaker 6: Friend, burn an episode to a CD and hand it out the strangers on the subway.
Speaker 7: Make a giant Bond mixtape.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And if you would need an elevator pitch, just be like, Hey, if you've ever needed five friends to yell at you for two plus hours, here you go.
Speaker 1: There you are.
Speaker 2: We cover the whole spectrum of friendship. That's right, We got the cute one. We got the hot one, we got the silly one, we got the smart one, and we got the weird one.
Speaker 1: Who's who you at home decide? We're all dipshits? Though I'm not hot one?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, I met from Atlanta rights and how will we all know who the bad boy is?
Speaker 1: This fucking horse is just this salbeign On. Those two love it so much.
Speaker 4: I hope that when I get the implant thing done today, I come to from the horse.
Speaker 3: Oh there's other videos, there's so many, Okay, yeah, that's those holes gimmick.
Speaker 2: How much do you think it would take to rent a therapy horse?
Speaker 7: Just get our own horse mask?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you think like like might probably know someone with.
Speaker 1: A therapy Definitely.
Speaker 4: There was a period where I was trying to do a thing with a monkey and I was like, I got a monkey guy, so yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Which, let's go break in a horse that's finally in the wild. That'd be a good feature, like punishment race breaking horses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, the or the punishments evolve from playing a game then playing a movie. Now, She's just like, REU.
Speaker 7: Have any of you started your punishment games yet?
Speaker 2: I talked about this last week on the bomb.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna keep asking, I'm gonna keep.
Speaker 5: Assling, and I'll probably tomorrow will start playing out her Wild's on my personal Yo.
Speaker 1: She's Island.
Speaker 6: I've downloaded grub everything or nothing. I was waiting for my steam deck to rive. It's arrived, and now I got to reinstall.
Speaker 1: The you know, the steam deck stuff to the playoff games. It's a keep.
Speaker 3: This week has been distracting.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: First email comes from Matt from Atlanta. Why do people hate pop figures? Thanks Matt from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Oh, like funko pop. I assume that's what matters.
Speaker 6: It's a company issue that they're popular and they look cheap because they all use the same fundamental thing. So everyone's like oh, and no one wants they're collectible to feel super common, and so it's easy to have a backlash year toward that of like, oh, like everyone has these, and then that turns into the like your mind just mainly clicks into like oh I hate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see God, I know you first, Mike.
Speaker 5: I've always been a mild funko pop defender. I do think that for a lot of people like us, it has become a thing that friends and family like gift us, right, because they'll see like, oh, well, yeah, I know that Mike's a nerd who saw Guardians of the Galaxy. So here's a Groot. But you know, I'm I don't know, I'm like I do like Groot, so sure, thank you.
Speaker 2: I go back and forth on Funko pops. I have like a set of the New Days Funko Pops that I really enjoy. But then when I saw the customized one that Dan made that was a good one, I was all the way back on board of this would be a fun gift to give someone, not a Funko pop of themselves, but of yourself that you give to something.
Speaker 4: Yes, person who won the Funko Pop of me did not have an idea who I was.
Speaker 7: That was that was possible outcome.
Speaker 5: Yes, that Funco Pop store in Hollywood is actually kind of fun.
Speaker 1: They like it.
Speaker 7: They did a good job with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The only thing I don't well, I mean there's several things I don't like about Funko Pops other than like a cheap plastic and then like they just litter store shelves, Like I don't know how y'all's local game stops are.
Speaker 6: But it's held up by Funko Pops like bearing Funko Pops.
Speaker 5: That's more of an a ditment on Game Stop, but it does. It's not a great look for Funko Pops either. For sure, there was there.
Speaker 6: Was that moment a couple months ago, maybe years where I remember Funko Pop was like, oh shit, we made too many of these. We're gonna throw a bunch into a hole in the ground and started again, and it was like, Oh, okay, they're in an et situation. So I'm an indictment of and game Stop.
Speaker 7: I think, how did funk Co Fusion do?
Speaker 3: It's the biggest thing in the games.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone cares.
Speaker 5: Mega Man's in that game. It's the secret Mega Man game.
Speaker 3: Everything's a secret Mega Man game.
Speaker 1: Doctor Light shut up in the Drifter after you left.
Speaker 6: I saw it, actually, and I saw excited you were, Mike. You're in trouble because that's a Mega Man game.
Speaker 3: Now game.
Speaker 5: I don't look, I haven't beat the game yet. I think I don't think it is, Doctor Light. If if I find out it is, I'll report back and I will flog myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, as long as you understand Punishment's okay.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you all know about this, but Mike you probably do because they're Disney adjacent. But Bunko Pop, I think, is owned by the same company that makes Lounge Fly backpacks.
Speaker 5: Oh that makes sense and I believe you.
Speaker 2: So, like you know how there's Funko Pops about everything. Yeah, there are these collectible little backpacks. They're too small to be like very useful, but there's launch fly backpacks of virtually every media property.
Speaker 1: The O. J. Simpson trial, probably the Challenger explosion.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a callback.
Speaker 2: Like I see one right now online of like, oh, this is Jason vor Hughes.
Speaker 1: Right, that's great.
Speaker 5: Well that Disney specificly has gotten really into them and they will have one for every Disney ride a movie show.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's actually insane. There's probably fiftyly Low and Stitch ones alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting. It is insane. That being said, maybe we should get backpacks on the website. Next email comes from Travis and Fargo. Travis, I've been ignoring some emails, but I still read them. Hi, Jana the GB crew. Today is my eighteenth wedding anniversary. I have to give Ah gigantic shout out to my amazing, wonderful, talented, beautiful, supportive kind do good or spouse Whitney or Winty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it Windy or did he miss type his lovely wife's name.
Speaker 6: I think we have to go with Windy, his lovely wife Wintyre.
Speaker 2: You're lovely on account of three let's say congrats Windy? Okay, one, two, three?
Speaker 1: Congra?
Speaker 5: Is that like some guy from pop Bye who likes cheeseburgers? Or is that that's wimpy? She's so nice.
Speaker 2: She even plays video games with me, even though she's not a big gamer. And please tell her that once again, I'm sorry for hoarding the loot in Borderlands to all those years ago. Is the Travison Fargo.
Speaker 7: We got a lot of Fargo fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our fagots over there, right. That's so good.
Speaker 2: Congrats Windy. We're gonna put on a shirt that says happy eighteenth anniversary win tea just for you, Travis.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Ex email comes from Sean from Denver, Colorado. What's up, everybody? So ups driver? I'm a ups driver and I'm out here every day. One of the things that drives me nuts and grinds my gears is for some reason, when you're on the main road, everybody knows how to drive. Everybody that knows how to drive, people stay on the left, people stay on the right because of the dotted lines. As soon as I get in a residential area, everyone drives in the middle of the road, same rules, but nobody seems to follow it. What is an everydaything that makes you just want to tear Jan or Jeff's hair out?
Speaker 1: Hey? Ps, I would say mine, but I don't have any hair either.
Speaker 6: Part of the Ball and Crew. Nice, I got one, and it is. It's driving related. And maybe you'll know this, especially you're in Denver. And that's really I noticed this when I was living in Denver in Ohio where I learned to drive. There's a thing where the light is green and you're turning left and it's a big intersection, and so it's green, and so you can pull out into the intersection so that when it starts to turn yellow or goes red, you're like, well, I'm already out here. I got to get out of the way and just go at that point, because there's a second before it turns green for the lane going in the other direction, the perpendicular direction.
Speaker 3: In Denver, no one did this. They were all like, we're good little boys and girls.
Speaker 6: We're gonna sit way back at the line while it's green, even though I'm turning left, so that we have to wait for an opportunity to turn left when a car like breaks, so there's a break in the car line.
Speaker 3: And that drove me crazy. It's like, you should just pull out into the lane so that at least two or three cars can make that left turn at the end of the green light.
Speaker 1: And they never did that. Oh yeah, drove me.
Speaker 3: Bananas.
Speaker 1: I had one in Wisconsin here, whereas after Wizard Quest we went we really went at ice cream and everything closes at eleven.
Speaker 4: It seems, and it was like ten fifty four or something. We're like, all right, that's a reasonable time.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: We passed the couple ice cream pla where people were sweeping, because that's the universal sign of like, hey, we're trying to close this place to fuck up. Found a place there were people in there, ordering had to open sign on. We're like, okay, we're good to go here, got in people in front of us. It was like four or five adults and like five kids and they start sweeping. It's like past eleven. Of this point, we feel weird about being even behind them in line. All these fucking kids are taking samples of the ice cream and.
Speaker 7: I want that one. I'll give me the Superman one.
Speaker 1: I want that one.
Speaker 4: They're just taking fucking forever, and you can tell these people are like actively getting annoyed, and like one of the people is like asked us, like, hey, can we do.
Speaker 1: You know what you want? Can we get you started on what you want?
Speaker 4: Like yeah, yeah, And then this fucking family with all these kids sits down to eat.
Speaker 1: Inside the place.
Speaker 7: Oh why kayl.
Speaker 4: We're like, oh, these fucking assholes, And you could tell everyone's like, we just want to go home.
Speaker 6: I didn't even walk into a store the other night because I got there fifteen minutes before they were going to close.
Speaker 3: I'm not even going.
Speaker 1: To go in.
Speaker 4: YEP, that was my mood. Had Dad funk O Lane when I worked there, it'd be like two minutes before close. And you see somebody walking across parking lot with a giant cardboard thing of like old dirty nes games that we're gonna have to clean.
Speaker 7: It's like, oh, you motherfuckers, yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I carry too much rage with me when I drive.
Speaker 3: Oh you are you do your road rager?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I try and like rein it in, but sometimes I think that is when I cuss the most. Sure he's just like boneheaded decisions on the road or in a parking lot, and I'm like, you fuck her, like whether it is obviously when you have a parking lot where all the cars are like angled in a certain way to denote, oh, this is one way, uh parking lot, and then some dumb ass comes careening the other way and it makes a face at me for being in the middle, and no, fuck face, it's your fault.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, I don't have much road rage, even though someone almost hit me yesterday when I was going to subway because like I had to like turn off the tiny road to get on the main road and then immediately turn left to go on a subway and someone who is leaving subway and they wanted to go left right, but you know, so like I turned right onto the road and then I'm gonna immediately turn least. I know it's a little fast my maneuver here, but so I'll turn.
Speaker 1: Off to the subway.
Speaker 5: This guy is still like I guess he thought I was gonna keep going ahead room, so he just started going onto the road and he looked at it was gonna hit me.
Speaker 1: So I had to can like swerve into the grass and the.
Speaker 5: Thing a little bit. I was a little scary even then. I was like, gosh, darn it.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty similar Mike, where it's like I'm just saying I usually let things go gole driving.
Speaker 5: I think you apollo it. You're a very apologetic driver.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like especially when I met I remember like you were with me when I had made a mess up and because someone was in I don't I say, you don't have a blind spot when you're driving, but in my van, it's got kind of one of those thick bars holding in the windshield and there was a car right there and I didn't see them and I messed up and I almost ran into them. And I was like, oh, I fucked up. Please know that I know I fucked up. I'm so sorry. Yeah, very apologetic when that happens.
Speaker 2: When someone cuts me off out of nowhere and you know, no no signal or whatever, just to speed through, or they'll try and like cut through a couple of lanes and then we all wind up at the same red light. I always will look over and just think to myself, be happy with yourself.
Speaker 1: Do that as thoughts.
Speaker 3: You know that Simon.
Speaker 2: From Saskatchewan rights in high BombCast quick NHL quiz.
Speaker 1: For all of you.
Speaker 2: Backlar and Grubb better get the first question if you know the answers. Don't shout them out, though, please, because I'd be interested to hear other people's answers. We're gonna do very well on this, especially because Backlar's uh not here answers are further down the email. First question only question, I'll skip the bonus question. What are the original six hockey teams? You need both the city and the team name. Thanks full content signed from Saskatchewan, New York Rangers.
Speaker 1: Yet there? Okay?
Speaker 5: I bet the Chicago Blackhawks. Yes, yeah, any of those those guys might No, he made that after the movie much later.
Speaker 1: Or two more? Three more?
Speaker 5: Are the Pittsburgh Penguins that old nore like.
Speaker 6: I think there were a second wave for third Oh, it's gotta be some Canadian stuff the Toronto.
Speaker 1: Leaves.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, I know it sounds it sounds so stereotypical.
Speaker 5: It can't be right. But nope, that's right. Aren't there a hitman? Now that's a minor league team.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: I think i'd say Canadian Football League team.
Speaker 5: There's there's Uh, Quebec's gotta have one. Montreal Montreal probably has one. The Montreal screw jobs.
Speaker 1: This was even more moose.
Speaker 3: No Montreal Canadians.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 8: Interesting.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 6: It works because it's French Canada and so it's like, yeah, the Philadelphia Flyers.
Speaker 1: What's that negative?
Speaker 2: No, I'll give you well, no, if I give the city, you'll give it away.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's one more on the East coast and one more in the Midwell black Lars team the Devils. Right now, that's a relatively newer team.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, okay, one more on east coast, one on the west Midwest Midwest Midwest makes sense. Let's see, we did Chicago. I don't know, but I don't know what Indianapolis is is.
Speaker 3: There would be no, no, no hockey team in Indianapolis.
Speaker 5: There's noget team in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, do they have a team? No, Saint Louis.
Speaker 3: They do a hockey team. It's the Blues. You're not an Original six team.
Speaker 5: New Orleans.
Speaker 1: No, no hockey team.
Speaker 2: There a couple more guesses and we'll just give the answer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I might need it. I think I think I'm talking.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, so the the East Coast team is New England in the New England area. We do Boston, Boston. Yeah, what's Boston's team?
Speaker 1: What is Boston?
Speaker 5: That is a great question, Bruins.
Speaker 6: There you go, and then the last one is my team guys.
Speaker 1: Of course. That cool.
Speaker 2: Well done, guys, Thank you. Signed from Saskatchewan. I didn't know Oakland had a hockey team.
Speaker 1: That was part of the bonus question.
Speaker 3: Oakland has a hockey team?
Speaker 7: Had had?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okayhead yes, yeah, yeah, Cal from butt fuck nowhere, Western Australia.
Speaker 1: Rights in high terrorists parenthesis positive. That's thank you, new one talking to me.
Speaker 2: I think second time emailing, hopefully first time being read on the pod. I've recently become a gaming handheld SICKO and currently owned fifteen unique handheld devices. These include trim Ui, Brick, Ambernick r G three five x X, Retroid Pocket five, Retroid Pocket Flip two, Retroid Pocket Classics, Steam Deck, Lenovo, Legion Go, Nintendo Switched, Nintendo switched to Nintendo two D sxl gk D Pixel two, ambernick urged three five xx Cube, jow Kitty V ninety. That sounds fun our do boy mew Mini A thirty.
Speaker 1: As dealing with.
Speaker 2: All uh with all the games in Firmer was becoming slightly unruly and Windows sucks and wanted to format all the SD cards that I plugged into it. I decided to set up a Linux, Ubuntu Martian and dual boot into that whenever I need to mess around with anything retro gaming related. Whilst I'm happy with all these little doo dads except the V ninety, my bank account is less happy and my time actually spent playing games has dropped drastically. This time was filled mostly by tinkering and troubleshooting instead, which I found that I greedily enjoy or greatly enjoy. What if any gaming handheld hobbies have y'all tripped and fallen into love the pod? And if I ever complete complete it, and if you want to, I'd be happy to send you a spreadsheet layout and the Python script I've been writing that helps you analyze your very own gaming related data to provide insight into your gaming related habits. Al from buttfuck nowhere Western Australia.
Speaker 3: Sure, why not send that to us when you have it? And he said gaming adjacent hobbies that like like this that you've fallen into. I definitely and this is me.
Speaker 6: Although I've made a concerted effort to be less worried about the tinkering. I am going to get these things to play games, and you know that's what I'm like focusing on Mother three still and I have a little bit of free time, and why I played Rye Gar'm like, yeah, I'm just going to play one of these games and instead of just setting them up all the time. Although I think that's right, that setting things up is enjoyable. It is that is a hobby of people like that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: But when things go wrong, it can be in the most annoying way where it's like I finally got the like SD card image exactly how I want it, where it's like, okay for anything as sixty four gigabyte card, I can just clone this and it's got all my stuff, and I cloned it for a million different things. Finally got it work and after like weeks of like troubleshooting and stuff, and I'm playing and for some reason, I want to play vector Man the other day and I was like, why isn't vector Man on here? Like in my genesis thing, like almost every this is gonna be ecept for Vecterman. And then I realized no game Boy Color games past s who were on there, which there aren't even any that I want to fucking play. Woe you have Betrayal on game Boy Color and if I want to, I can just do it a million other different ways.
Speaker 1: But now it's like, oh, I need to reclone all these.
Speaker 4: Fucking cards to put on vector Man and post S and game Boy Color games, Like I have to get them perfect, and they all have to have box art and all the fucking hot keys and everything.
Speaker 1: But the tinkering is fun.
Speaker 4: But I do like once they're done, and it's just like, all right, I just have magic little you know, game machines in every room.
Speaker 5: I definitely got more into physical collecting for old games than like getting into the portables, even though like there is a convenience there, there is something about actually owning them that I like more. I feel like I'm actually much more likely to play these games, Like someday when I finally play Skuys of Arcadia. It's gonna be because I put it in my drink as my GameCube, and not because I get an emulator going just yeah.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, like mother Thie the translation, or even if I found one, I will probably play on one of these little guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, well yeah that one for sure. It's a physical copy of that for us.
Speaker 6: I definitely agree with people when they're like this hobby of collecting and getting emulators set up or getting the handhelds is not conduced to actually playing games. But I'm like, I'm just gonna push through that. I don't care that is, that's a weakness. I just need to pick a game and play it, and I've been getting better about that recently for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The analog pocket fucking great. That's a lot of Pocket's amazing.
Speaker 4: But it's so good that like I don't take it with me to travel and just because it's like what am I bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I keep it on its not to stand the dock.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Like I'll play it if I'm home, but like when I'm traveling, I'm always just tossing one of these cheap o guys and there which these Trimui bricks were on sale for like forty two dollars with free shipping recently, so I bought a bunch more these guys are the bricks are great?
Speaker 2: I love these bricks. Squad get bricked all right. Next email comes from Sorry I didn't write your name. Here's a game one. Who's your favorite band slash artist when you were sixteen?
Speaker 1: Oh? Probably Corn give you the white stripes.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's a good choice.
Speaker 1: Mine was Iron Maiden.
Speaker 2: Okay, Uh, funny you should say that.
Speaker 1: Two. Are they still around today, still making music or touring in some capacity? I don't know. I think that's quite Jack White definitely.
Speaker 5: Mine is, although the drummer Nico McBrain retired recently, but otherwise, yeah, they're still around.
Speaker 1: Three Are they still your favorite?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I think Jack White still does some really good stuff. Solo last album is real good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine is Iron Maiden, Yes, and yes, but not everyone has a good taste as as me and Mike Manatti.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Listening to some seventh son Tony Hawk, right, Yeah, they got one of their best songs too, missed the Midnight in their great stuff. Well, when that came on, I was like, hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone sent Rich had sent in a custom RECERD and the ninety nine Dragons action figure they had made, and I think I put this.
Speaker 4: Somebody put that in then I am immediately turned around in the car and showed it to Kaila and she was like, who made that?
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just saw on the discord.
Speaker 1: Who is Rich?
Speaker 4: I need to give Rich the credit. Rich incredible work. That is unbelievable looking.
Speaker 2: Yes, they do custom action figures, which is definitely a sentence I just wrote. So I made one for Record and the ninety nine Dragons. I'm a big Bruce Tim fan, and your graphic designer did a great job with that art style. Anyway, thanks for being good guys. Chuck is my new favorite after telling Dan to make a save on UPF, although if Mike Sing's Man of War Brothers of Medal, he is my favorite.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 5: As much as I love iron made in I'm not super well versed in other medal of that.
Speaker 1: Ilk Oh that's fun. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you want to see more of my work, it's on Instagram at send Henchman twenty one. No pressure, have a bit of pride in it. Good shit on you, Rich, That stuff looked really cool. Jacob from Wichita rites in, is it worse to be a Jabroni or Pukester?
Speaker 1: Please elaborate?
Speaker 4: Uh, pukester is worse. Yeah, I feel like that.
Speaker 7: That's like a hulkster thing.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: You could say jee Broni in almost an endearing way.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeahs.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I've started hearing jar bonymore. I think it's from maybe a sign that was misspelled that I heard about on deadlock or something. But calling people jar Bony's is very funny to me. Jar bonies, fukes sers, little pukes.
Speaker 7: Ers, hulksers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fuck them yeah, never a whole kid, no get it?
Speaker 2: Never, Never fuck that guy. He can go fall down some stairs. Kevin from West Baltimore, Tennessee rightes in. I'm watching one of the Sonic movies with my six and four year olds. They really like Knuckles voiced by Idris Elba. This begs the question, when do I show them the wire?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: How do I break it to them that Knuckles is in charge of slinging coke and dope in Baltimore, Baltimore for Avon Barksdale Love. Kevin from West Baltimore, Tennessee, sent from my android, who is.
Speaker 7: The Omar of the Sonic the Hedgehog universe.
Speaker 5: Uh, get me, give me, give me like three personality traits and I'll help you of Omar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he lives by a code, kills drug dealers with shotguns.
Speaker 1: Scar on face. I okay, brust Bad is Omar? Yeah? Okay, yeah, sure is. Ruge isn't in the movies? Right? No? Not yet?
Speaker 3: Was there a tease Sonic three? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, that was Amy. T's that Sonic three?
Speaker 3: Amy? Really, she's not in there yet. Okay, you're right, yeah, I was you? Like Sonic three, Sonic pre is awesome. I don't remember ship about it. I remembering.
Speaker 1: The Wire's really good. I watched it all again a couple of years ago, and.
Speaker 6: It held up like one for you, because when I like rewatched Breaking Bad, I was like, that's great, but it's not as good as I remembered.
Speaker 4: I haven't done Breaking Bad in a while, but yeah, the Wire, it's like it is an interesting time capsule because like even just the whole first season, being like the pay phone code and stuff like that is very just like now, but it just show that feels very real in a way that shows back then, did not feel.
Speaker 2: This email comes from scad from Huntsville, Alabama. Duters of the bomb excluding accents, Are you guys self aware of any words you have ever pronounced strangely, either from the region you grew up in the way a friend or family member said it, or because you've only ever read the word but have never said it aloud. PS asked Grub to say, Grub, do you have the emails in front of you?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hang on me, let me get it right here.
Speaker 6: Uh ask, I'm gonna control out of Ask Grub to say, okay, yeah, I ran across Galilelo Galilei at Summer game Fest. I was saying Galilei low as a gala Galilei lowly or something like that.
Speaker 3: I added an extra.
Speaker 6: Thing in there when I was saying this name one time, and it definitely sounded very funny. But I've never said any other word incorrectly ever, so never I can't really to this.
Speaker 2: Uh pss tell Dan to start making fun of Mary on Fire Escape anytime she also says across uh, what will these oh those Ohioans mess up next? Shaking my head, you tell her Mary is scary.
Speaker 5: Across this, oh god, I do it too, go across the streets.
Speaker 2: Regional stuff too, ship, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 5: I do always, like I can't think of examples, but are always times where if I'm reading something out for a show or something, I come across a word. I'm like, well, I've read that word a lot, read it in my mind, but now I'm about to say it, and here it goes.
Speaker 6: The first time I said a finite, I said fin it.
Speaker 4: It's a good word to say, yeah, definitely. I like suffice. Suffice is another good one. People say I say wrong, I totally disagree.
Speaker 3: Again and I saying Epona from Zelda, I.
Speaker 4: Only said I've never said Epona. And this has come up on podcasts for like twenty fucking years. People always tell me I'm wrong, but then people have told me, actually, I'm right. They are like musicals and stuff like put out by those elder people and everything, and there's a part where they're singing Epina song and it's like it's Epina.
Speaker 5: I don't care you're wrong.
Speaker 7: I'm right about this. You are wrong now I do.
Speaker 5: I was always a big Hillian guy. When I was playing rough of the While again, someone said no, I say yeah, I say Heli, and someone I say hilly in and then some guys said highly in.
Speaker 3: You know what, I remember it.
Speaker 6: Now we have a fan for game mess and their name is highly Intelligent. So they're like, oh, it's highly intelligent, but it's it's spelled this older thing. I'm like, okay, so now I can remember it.
Speaker 5: I always say heilly intelligence. It doesn't make much sense.
Speaker 2: Then I mispronounced a lot of words, especially with the regional dialect thing and having my hair parents be immigrants, there's a lot of English can be challenging. Sometimes I didn't get clippered from them though.
Speaker 1: There you go. That that's all Jane told me. Baby, all right.
Speaker 2: Final email for the podcast. This comes from Jarin from Mississuga, Ontario, Canada. And also sometimes I just like to mispronounce words to fuck with people.
Speaker 3: It's good engagement, right because people want to correct you so bad that they write right in.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, Like I don't like saying arkanine the pot they eat and I was not podcast pokemon. I say, wow, that's the epic tome of hyper Bowl right there.
Speaker 4: That I regan. I'm sorry, Oh I don't like anymore. You stole it. The Carlos Mencia of Giant Bomb here.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, that is the worst thing you've ever said.
Speaker 1: I know it is.
Speaker 5: I had it coming. It's okay, I had it coming.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 7: Oh man, mind of Minati coming soon.
Speaker 1: We could just be.
Speaker 2: All like the shitty comedians from Comedy Central of that the other one follow Chappelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I be? I'll be Ron White, Sure. I know.
Speaker 4: That's kind of maybe why I picked him, because he's one of the better ones of like that era of comedy. It's going to be the puppet man.
Speaker 1: Oh, Dunham, Yeah, that's backler.
Speaker 6: You're just being cruel this episode.
Speaker 5: By the way, Dan, speaking of puppets, I heard somebody say that you misinterpreted that doll Man showering thing. That means somebody say that, yeah, what do you think I haven't played yet. Do you think that perhaps it's not literally showering with that lady and say he's being showered by.
Speaker 1: Her effects or whatever it is.
Speaker 4: I mean, either way, he said, she showers with him and the core fall rain keeps him young.
Speaker 5: So I don't tell you what when I I'll play this game. Eventually, I'll get to the bottom of this shower fiasco.
Speaker 3: Oh, I want to make it, want to make clear I don't care.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 5: It's become Jeff Grubb's favorite phrase lately.
Speaker 1: It's good nihilis. Yeah. The problem is it makes Mike MANAUGHTI care more.
Speaker 5: No, No, I care so much about about my friends about that.
Speaker 2: This is the Giant Bomb Don't Match Me challenge. Below are five questions that relate to Giant Bomb's history. Everyone listening has five seconds to come up with an answer that doesn't match Jan's answer. If you do, you're out bonus hard mode for the listeners at home. Don't match any of the other dude's answers as well, that's a little bit difficult.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh so I'm gonna read the question and then I'll go one, two, three, and then uh, you three will say your answer.
Speaker 1: I'll say my answer.
Speaker 4: Wait, so are we saying it in order? Are you gonna que us each up individually?
Speaker 2: We'll go Grub Dan Manatti Okay, Then I don't go last. Okay, great, Okay, So again, if any of you match the answer that I have, uh, you're out for the for the game.
Speaker 1: Is it trivia? No, No, it's just naming things. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Number one, Name any Blake game, Blake Club game.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to go first? Should I just say it? Yes?
Speaker 3: Batman Dark Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But that was the one I was gonna say, uh uh, Superman sixty.
Speaker 3: Four, Mike, Mortal Kombat Mythology, sub Zero, You're lucky because I thought in my head, bubzy Okay, I was I was almost gonna say bub z okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was trying to. I was thinking of going the Batman Dark Tomorrow route. But then I felt in the the ether that someone was gonna try and go there.
Speaker 1: All right. Name any Giant Bomb game of the year. I have mine. I'm gonna go for it. Chickory Bubg Tears of the Kingdom and I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: You're out.
Speaker 7: Okay, the Game of the Generation.
Speaker 1: Of course, Chickory comes to save me again. You on that grab? Can I blame you for that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: That would not have happened.
Speaker 7: Did that happen?
Speaker 2: Name any professional wrestler that has contributed or appeared.
Speaker 1: On Giant Bomb content. I have mine. Okay, I'm gonna go with hmm.
Speaker 3: Now I'm blanking on names. Uh, I'm gonna go with the what what's what's our friend?
Speaker 1: Guy? Were's the mask?
Speaker 7: You gotta say it?
Speaker 3: Okay? Uh, we can of google his name real quick because I'm just blanking on it.
Speaker 1: Grub, I'll tell you that you're out then, God damn it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, thank you, chat, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll go Jeff Jarrett.
Speaker 5: I was gonna go Jeff Herrett, Adam call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right. Number what have we got, Jeff? Yeah, I forgot about that. That's like a fun dotch on the belt. Number four, Name any Giant Bomb Co Owner.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say Jeff Current, Yes, Dan Reichord, Janet Choa. I was gonna say Jeff Mackler. All right.
Speaker 2: Number five, name any Giant Bomb endurance run game. I have one in my head.
Speaker 1: Uh, Persona four shin move.
Speaker 5: Oh those are definitely the only two.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: What else have they endurance ran? They were doing like all Castlevania, But that was Vinnie Vaney. That's not like an endurance run. Okay, so they did percent of four.
Speaker 2: You can say any of those two, Mike, does that count as an endurance run?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, I mean you could say Persona four as well.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's just like I'm hoping you didn't pick it, but he did.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you want to pick shen MoU.
Speaker 5: Look at you. You don't like Shenmu. I'm gonna say shen MoU. Trigger wow. Shouts at Patrick and Ryan. All right, and congratulations on the independence. In nine hundred episodes of the BombCast, Jared from Mississuga, Ontario, Canada, I don't care if I'm mispronouncing Mississuga, Mike Manati. If we have any super chats, hit me widow. Absolutely, I do want to do an endurance run at some point.
Speaker 1: I think that would be good.
Speaker 2: I came up Ben Pack and I were cooking up this idea where he wanted to train for a marathon using video games to help train him, and then I thought we should call it the endurance Run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 5: Yes, let's see q T I pixel just super chat, no message, thank you. Wiley Jenkins says, I was disappointed enough of Mario Kart World that I was questioning buying my switch to Docty Kong. Bonanza made me glad that I did. Yeah, I think a lot that Bonanza really is definitely the first amazing game for the switch shoe, So I know that a mustlat of difference, But I wonder if it would have made some people feel better if this was an actual launch game.
Speaker 1: Again, maybe that's pedantic.
Speaker 5: Are you guys a little surprised that there is already as loud at least of a anti Mario Kart World contingent as there is.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 7: It's fine. People are gonna be playing it for ten years. It's it's gonna do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's it's just because it was the only thing at launch right, so like a ton of focus was on it. If it was not doing it for people, you're gonna hear about it. The other games people can ignore, but when it's the one game for your five hundred dollars system, it's kind of easy for people to, you know, be harsh on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it would have bothered me. Again, I've never been a giant Maririocart fan, but you know, I did have all sorts of Switch one stuff to go back to. I did spend a lot of time playing Split two single player campaigns, then replaying Odyssey and Breath of the Wild and stuff like that until we got Donkey Kong. And I feel like, you know, with with Metroid Prime Air riders other things. We're gonna have a pretty good clip here now, boat Night says, can I play Donkey Kong bonanza? If I've never seen the TV show, how many Coca that references have you seen so far?
Speaker 1: Dan? None.
Speaker 7: I haven't gotten to Bluster Kong yet.
Speaker 5: He'll be there later, it is Dan, It's wild that you thought that was a real picture.
Speaker 3: I would have lived in the realiful world where that is possible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it looked real.
Speaker 5: He was like in a completely different art style and graphics quality that everybody else did.
Speaker 1: That school.
Speaker 3: Well, they want to be accurate to Bluster Kongs.
Speaker 5: We decided Donkey Kong, but Bluster Cong can't touch that.
Speaker 12: Damn it from the Skatchewan does Does it annoy you when people complain about sci fi movies not being scientifically correct, it passes me off.
Speaker 5: Example, Dune sucks because the ecology makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Those uh my friends who didn't like the Superman movie, they definitely like had some plot holes that they had problems with.
Speaker 1: I hate that. Yeah, I can't. I'm trying to remember what it was. It was.
Speaker 5: It was not smart. I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, I definitely.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: Usually disliked this because I think part of the fun is as a viewer, you get to watch a movie and if something like that happens, be creative yourself and come up with your own headcannon to explain why that's possible. That's fun to me. I enjoy doing that. Why don't you do it instead of being like, Nah, that's not possible.
Speaker 3: It's just stinks.
Speaker 1: Specifically with Dune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a world where like people gave up using computers because of what they would do, so they just have someone very smart do the calculations, but they get them high as shit.
Speaker 1: First. Yeah, I remember what it was.
Speaker 5: Now, it was like, well, how come no one cared that Clark Kent wasn't around the biggest news day of the year. I was like, I want to be like, just imagine there's a scene that you didn't see where he called in sick exactly. Yeah, but it's fine.
Speaker 1: Ool man. You know who's the hella fucking cool that I had no idea about in the Superman movie? Mister Terrific.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's kind of the breakout there.
Speaker 3: Everyone seems so cool. That guy was in one of those X Men movies, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He played Darwin, who was supposed to be one of the most indestructible X Men and they killed him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they poor in that. I will say.
Speaker 5: You know what my my favorite thing about the Superman movie was, I think my brother brought this up, was that kryptonite actually works and enfeebles him unless he thinks a way around it. The worst thing about Superman Returns was the whole thing was Lex Luthor made an island out of krypto ight to slop Superman, and then he just kind of grits his teeth and pushes an island of kryptonite into the sun.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, that ain't his weakness, then, yeah, if you could.
Speaker 6: If if something's my weakness, I can't get out of bed, I'm not pushing.
Speaker 5: Yeah right now, I don't want to see if grinning Beck, I know that's bullshit. Oh yeah, so I'm reading these. Next one is Wiley Jenkins. You know what's bad news.
Speaker 3: If Dan walks into your hospital room with the doctor I meant to and a horse. I'm gonna now if it's just Dan, bad If it's Dan and a horse, there's a chance I'm gonna survive here magic.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, uh to one Freeman says, grub, are you a Red Letter Media fan?
Speaker 1: They just did the Apple. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I saw people pointing this out that they talked about the Apple on their the Best of the Worst or whatever, and I was happy to see that. I am specifically someone who says I don't get Red letter Media. They're very popular and I'll watch the stuff and I don't I don't get I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I can like them. I love the Plankett reviews back in the day, and I like some you know what I say.
Speaker 3: I never loved the Plankett reviews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, I U said. I thought those were funny.
Speaker 5: You know what I say about my friends though, it's like, oh, it kind of buns me out of like their opainon by movies very different me, even with like things like I I don't want to watch a video of people who don't like a movie that I like or like the movie that I do like, and I think that's a failing, Like that's not a good thing. And like obviously in the gaming world there's a lot of that also, But yeah, just watching people I don't know talk about why something sucks that I think doesn't suck. I'm not you know there may be a little citical in a way that I'm cynical about movies too.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 6: You know what it is for me is like I was I watched their and or season one reviewer I tried to and then they said something that's like, oh, we just watched different shows and they liked it. I think they ended up liking it. But it's like the complaint you have here is this thing where it's like, well, I know why that happened and why, and you don't. So we just are viewing things differently in our mind. And so at a certain point, why am I watching this if it's not gonna be able something I can match up against and have a mental conversation with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just did something for Back to the Future and that I liked. Okay, okay, yeah, just talk about why back to the Future is great. That's why when it's like some universally pan movie, I think I watched them talk about like that New Mummy reboot before I even see it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, sometimes it's kind of fun.
Speaker 5: To people slam a bad believer.
Speaker 1: Sure, I get it, And I think.
Speaker 5: They reinvested themselves in wise ways, right, Like I think their production quality is very good.
Speaker 3: They're good at what they do, for sure, It's just not for me.
Speaker 5: Next up is from Dubious Foods. His best wishes to Ozzie as he visits that great, that great lobster in the sky. All the coldest bats, the hottest bats, cheddar bat biscuit, all day baby bats.
Speaker 8: And of course drafts with the boys, fantasy bats.
Speaker 1: Come on, Mike these audio listeners, Mike and not has overcome with emotion. He is not.
Speaker 6: Really, It's a beautiful moment actually that we get to it. He popped himself so hard. I'm sure you made himself so emotional. He's crying.
Speaker 5: I never had a hard time trying to get a senseence out.
Speaker 7: You're supposed to laugh that hard when you say rest in peace?
Speaker 5: Now, grugs.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 5: Does Grub care that the Detroit Tigers are good?
Speaker 6: I do, Yes, I've been watching some games here there when I when I can. I don't have a fan dual sports Detroit here in Cleveland, but I find ways to watch it. And uh yeah, I've been tracking the team. They're in a little bit of a slump right now, so and that's always works. And when they start hot and cool, off in the middle of this season. Oh, are they going to be able to get it back?
Speaker 3: We'll see. It's a good team, though.
Speaker 1: I care because I'm mad. Well.
Speaker 5: The Guardians had a real bad stretch there. Yeah, but now they're bouncing back a bit. So they're back at second place, just below five hundred.
Speaker 3: But right, but the you know, the the Tigers are twenty games above five hundred, so it's gonna be a tough hill to climb for them to win that division.
Speaker 1: We're probably gonna win the division, but you're a wild card.
Speaker 5: Maybe, Yeah, but even then, how they're like other divisions doing so much better than the Central I don't know. I was looking really good about the season for a while there. Now I'm feeling less good. But we could keep this current momentum up. We'll still have a chance.
Speaker 1: We'll see, all right.
Speaker 5: Next up here is from h cone own. Kosama says, Jan, did you get to open any final Fantasy cross MATCHIC to gathering cards and if not, any plans to Yes.
Speaker 2: I got this Mogle's Valor yesterday. Uh, and then I opened all of them. I didn't do it on stream. I couldn't wait. I was trying to line up friends to do it with me, and I couldn't make the timing work. But I do want to play like shoot magic. Hey, if you play magic at San Francisco, get at me. I don't know where to go because I experienced a little bit of social anxiety playing shoot card games with someone. I guess I could just go to Rollery's house.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: I just I just remember I have these Commander decks I haven't open in Apparently they each have like a good one of the special packs or something special in them. Can I open one? Can I open a pack? Guys?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, we're not gonna stop.
Speaker 3: You go for bud.
Speaker 5: Come on, where's the good stuff? I was told there's something good in here?
Speaker 1: What the fuck?
Speaker 5: I don't see anything special.
Speaker 1: I just see im.
Speaker 5: Here's the cards that's good? Is it in here? There's a cool card?
Speaker 1: That's a cool card.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm confused. I don't know what else supposed to find in here. Never mind.
Speaker 1: Ignore me.
Speaker 5: Oh that is cool, though, I do like you shout out to Yestola. That's a cat lady.
Speaker 3: But like wave, this podcast, anything ended?
Speaker 1: Uh we uh.
Speaker 4: The KOFE Leader of the Month is a three way tie right now. Oh, we have a little over a week left in the month, so there's.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a dark horse that comes out of nowhere, and.
Speaker 7: It could be Cody g drum Kid ninety two and Jag or tied.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: So if we get one of them pulling ahead or someone else, you will get to choose the pre stream and break image for the month of August. So it is a tie at the end in I guess three images, okay, but but something top it and take it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, as folks have been emailing or messaging me about spell table and playing magic that way, uh might explore means to do that.
Speaker 1: Of the website, I found something. I found it.
Speaker 5: Oh god, there is something cool in here, a collectible.
Speaker 1: Well, what's going on with Mike today? He's on one. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm like a little bit worried.
Speaker 4: He was weird that time last week, but he just had a camera up his ass, so I kind of like chalk.
Speaker 3: It up to that maybe that permanently ruined him, improved him.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Something up there they okay, but he's got not even on this podcast anymore.
Speaker 1: No, that's kind of shitty.
Speaker 5: Like look like like, this is the this is the deck that comes with that Ishtola card, and then I also got that ish Toola card.
Speaker 1: Great buddy, I'm so sorry to save us. And you got the famed sword Men seek Free.
Speaker 2: Just mute him, all right, folks, What Mike is that in for super Chats? Yeah, you could have told me that a long time ago. And then we've taken the show back.
Speaker 5: I got to more of these if you want me to open them.
Speaker 2: What do we got going on the rest of this week? Boys, morning's popping off?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and real quick, I'm uh, I'm gonna stream a game that I'm gonna start this week and we'll try to play for the least the next couple of weeks. Uh, And I have a pull up in Premium General in the discord.
Speaker 1: What should I play through on the site? Everything or nothing?
Speaker 6: You're well, I'm gonna be playing that, don't worry about that. But on this the options are Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger or pans are Dragoon Saga and it's pretty close, although Skys.
Speaker 3: Has a pretty early lead. I'd be open to all of those. Help over Panther Dragons Saga. I have a shoot copy I'll play it some day instead.
Speaker 6: Or pants are Dragon Saga or Chronochrono trigger, but I lean towards Panthers dragoon.
Speaker 3: So you guys want to do that.
Speaker 1: We'll see, aren't we We're updating?
Speaker 4: Uh, the the Friday upf plans right, arling and audible. We we had something on the schedule that we have changed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're gon we're gonna do Mario Party. Well, burst back into work and was like, we're doing this, and uh, I guess we're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I may give a hot tag to someone else that is well versed in Mario Party and.
Speaker 3: You can try to make that happen, and it would probably be mean me, a foil to me, is it? No, don't worry about.
Speaker 1: That, you know, I'll just like that. He's excited.
Speaker 5: Nah, I think it's Bailey.
Speaker 2: Fuck ding ding ding ding ding ding? All right, God, oh tomorrow gang Not only does pit my record continue? What are you doing, Mike? Put it away? Put it away? We're not done with a podcast?
Speaker 7: Whistle?
Speaker 1: What is it? What is wrong with him? It's just a little. It's soft.
Speaker 5: You will barely us keep going.
Speaker 1: It's soft. You will be able to notice.
Speaker 2: Uh uh tomorrow, Pip, my record continues.
Speaker 1: I'm noticing a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as well as the Rocket League Divitational.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, the Divitational. You guys should this.
Speaker 2: DIB is going to go one v one against all of us, and if he manages to beat Dan, h DIB is going to design.
Speaker 1: A shirt that Dan has to wear for the determined amount of days. Did I agree to this?
Speaker 7: I thought it was he ran the table.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope. Uh, well, okay, maybe if he runs the table.
Speaker 1: Uh No.
Speaker 3: I don't want it to be on me that Like, if I don't try hard, Dan has.
Speaker 1: To do something.
Speaker 4: He's going to kick my ass. But the odds of one of us be to him are there. And I think he has to run the table for him to get a prize. You got to teach these kids. I think if he beats you, he should get it.
Speaker 3: And we'll just make it.
Speaker 1: I say, if he runs the table, you put up to an owner vote and see what we say. What the fuck is my doing? I hate it. I don't like any of this.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then Friday Game of Mornings and then we've called an audible and upf and we're going to do the new Switch to Mario party stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, did they switch?
Speaker 3: Like the caffeine that they put in your drinks?
Speaker 1: Mic?
Speaker 3: Like, what is going on here? Are you on new drugs?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Actually, should be completely normal right now?
Speaker 2: Should man? I woke up on Monday not feeling great, and I don't know what I'm feeling now. But folks, thank you, thank you, thank you so much for a wonderful time. I hope you've enjoyed this podcast somehow.
Speaker 4: And I swear if they put me under for the fucking two thing and I come to and it's Mike with a whistle doing Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 1: The horse is there.
Speaker 4: I'm fine with the horse. I'd be thrilled.
Speaker 1: With the horse playing a keyboard. Yeah, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: If you've been listening for all nine hun really it's more than nine hundred episodes, but nine hundred plus episodes of the Giant BombCast, or whether you've been a recent listener, a laps listener, I appreciate and I love.
Speaker 1: You, love you, we love you love nothing.
Speaker 2: Okay, that does it. We'll see you next week for another episode of the Giant BombCast. Oh, next week is gonna be a little bit funky because a lot of us are gone it's just to.
Speaker 1: Be a backlaar. We're scared on Monday.
Speaker 5: In fact, oh so so uh Jen, you're not going to be here right No, now, we won't start riving. But Jeff maybe mean you can look at pissed.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well we'll get pissed with you.
Speaker 5: Get we'll get pissed.
Speaker 7: I believe I'm sharing a hotel room with one Mike Manatti.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's so.
Speaker 5: I'll bring my tin whistle.
Speaker 1: I swear to God, it's going up your ass. Okay, what separate rooms. It's not the same money. It's for other reasons, folks. He was Jeff, he's Jeff. He's dead, he's been, Mike, I've been Jan shout out to you at home. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next week for another lovely episode of The Giant Bombcash good bye, Wow Hey yeah
Speaker 1: Stop it