Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Conston's new video.
Speaker 2: Well, as so often happens, President Donald Trump finds himself once again surrounded in a bit of a controversy. Uh, this is kind of a big controversy. It involves a four hundred million dollar airplane. That's a big plane. The government of Qatar has apparently decided that it would like to gift to the United States. This a seven seven Now, according to I want to make sure I get all of this correct here, Okay, I believe this is the Washington Post. Yes, according to the Washington Post, the luxury Jeff Jet was moved five weeks ago, so we're talking about sometime in early April to San Antonio International Airport, The headline says, suggesting that preparations for improvements to the plane might already be underway. On Monday of this week, the President praised Cutter for offering his administration a free luxury jet, but current in former US military, defense and Secret Service officials said he'll likely have to waive existing security specifications to be able to use the plane. Yesterday, he was asked about this at a signing who was signing some executive orders and the question here, and Donald Trump's been through a couple of impeachments, and there is a clause in the US constitutions called the Emolument's Clause, which says that, you know, presidents and public officials cannot accept gifts from foreign governments. But Trump's position is this is not a gift to him. And although there's probably a lot of questions still to be answered here, the back story is that there apparently are two air Force one. Now, the Air Force one is never air Force one unless the president is flying on the plane. So if the plane is flown from I don't know, point Aid from Los Angeles to Washington and presidents it may be a plane that could be air Force one, but the president's presence on the plane is what signifies it as Air Force one. There apparently are two planes that during his first administration he signed some contracts with Boeing to have replacement planes, and those have fallen behind schedule, So I'm sure he's frustrated. That's a little bit of the backstory. And Cutter, which is very wealthy Middle Eastern country, which has been friendly to many of the overtures of the Trump administration, including the Abraham accords in which Middle Eastern countries would start to do business with Israel, which are wonderful, wonderful agreements that might eventually actually lay the groundwork for actual peace in the Middle East, particularly if Saudi Arabi would eventually get on board. So they you know from well, this is what the president said. Let's listen to what the president said about it. He was asked about it yesterday. He is claiming it is not a gift to him, It is a gift from the government of Cutter to the Department of Defense, and that the plane would eventually be used by him in his capacity as president. This is cut number one. Please, rob President, Why you say to people who.
Speaker 3: View got luxury jet as suppose it'll get to you?
Speaker 2: Why not leave it?
Speaker 3: You're ABC fake news, right because only ABC, well a few of you would, let me tell you, you should be embarrassed to ask him that question. They're giving us a free jet. I could say, no, no, no, don't give us. I want to pay you a million or four hundred million or whatever it is. Or I could say thank you very much. You know, there was an old golfer named Sam Sneve. Did you ever hear in one ad two tournament. Was a great golfer, and he had a motto. When they gave you a putt, you say thank you very much, You pick up your ball, and you walk to the next hole.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are stupid.
Speaker 3: They say no, no, I insist start putting it, and then they put it and they miss it and their partner gets angry.
Speaker 4: You know what, Remember that Sam sneed.
Speaker 3: When they give you a putt, you pick it up, and you walk to the next hall, and you say thank you very much.
Speaker 2: And of course there was more to the answer. So let's finish this off with cut one a.
Speaker 5: Ruby working at this and say, have you ever been given a gift worth millions of dollars in an OxyS?
Speaker 3: Not a gift to me, It's a gift to the Department of Defense. And you should know better because you've been embarrassed enough, and so has your network.
Speaker 4: Your network is a disaster. ABC is a disaster.
Speaker 2: So I think we understand that there's a couple of interpretations here. Now believe it or not. I should say not believe it or not, but believe it because it's true. Many allies of President Trump are uncomfortable with this set of circumstances. They are uncomfortable with accepting funds of this magnitude, a gift of this magnitude, I should say, they are uncomfortable with security concerns that could exist. I mean, do you want the president of the United States flying around in a plane that you'd have to, I guess make sure that there were no bugs on it. I don't understand why. I can understand why it might. Apparently this is a really a big time luxury jet. Okay, this is not a small jet by any stretch of the imagination. So the question is that I ask you, I don't I'd love to know if I would assume most critic of Donald Trump would see this as echoes of past controversies and just another moment in time where Donald Trump is walking too close to the line. But at the same time, there are people who were allies of his who have at least raised concerns about this. This is an article out of the Boston Globe from earlier today. Mega Allies criticized Trump's planning to accept four hundred million dollar jet from cutter As Air Force one. They quote, amongst others, and some of these are clearly critics, and some are not. Senate Majority leader of Chuck Schumer says President Trump's pension for corruption and grift has risen to a new label, a new level, with the news his presidency is for sale. If you happen to have four hundred million dollars, that's Chuck Schumer. Meanwhile, as we just heard, Trump told reporters that the aircraft would be eventually decommissioned and placed in his future presidential library, and he said he would not use it after leaving office. Air Force one is a symbol of America. Republican Senator Lindsay Graham of South Carolina said, when it lands or flies, it is America flying and landing. And I want to make sure that this whole thing is kosher. Time will tell. Ted Cruz raised concerns that accepting the free jet from Cutter posed a significant espionage and surveillance problems. Senate Majority Leader John Toon today told reporters there will be plenty of scrutiny on Trump's decision to accept the Boeing seven forty seven jet from Cutter. I don't think there's anything official out there. This is hypothetical, Tune said Tuesday. If and when it's no longer hypothetical. I can ensure you there'll be plenty of scrutiny of whatever that arrangement might look like. And Senator Ran paula Kentucky, a vocal critic of Trump's tariff tariff policies, said he thought that Trump planned to accept the luxury jet from Cutter was a mistake. Whether it's improper or not, I don't think it's worth it. Rie and Paul said on Tuesday anyway, Lisa Mkowski or Alaska Republicans, says she has lots of questions about whether accepting the jet would violate the Constitutions and Molument's clause that provision profitces prohibits US government officials from receiving gifts from any king, prince, or foreign state without congressional approval. So I think what President Trump should do is seek congressional approval. As a matter of fact, even one of his most ardent supporters, Laura Lumer, who The Globe describes as a right wing activist and Trump's supporter. She's from Colorado member of the House, was also quick to criticize the office, saying it would be such a stain on the administration. Loomer is quoted as saying I love President Trump. I would take a bullet for him, but I have to call a spade a spade. We cannot accept a four hundred million dollar gift from jehardiest and suits. Loomer wrote on x I'm so disappointed. So that's one final one. Republican Senator Kevin Kramer, he's a conservative from North Dakota, defended the gift but said the US government would need to quote do the most thorough security sweep we've ever done. My sense is people want to support Donald Trump around the world because he's engaged with them. Kramer said on Tuesday, I don't know if that's a bad thing, as long as there's no sort of quid pro quo attached to it, or an expectation that you're going to get preferential treatment of some sort six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. Your thoughts, your thoughts? Should Donald Trump accept this gift? Accept this gift from Cutter a four hundred million dollar jet. Join the conversation. We'll be right back on night side. It's you and me for the rest of the evening. Let's get it going right after.
Speaker 1: This Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, the hits just keep on coming here. The Red Sox just lost nine to eight in extra intings in Detroit. They have gone up in the top of the elevens. I think got up eight to six on a two run homer by one of the Red Sox. And wow, the hits just keep coming here for Boston sports teams. Let's get to the phones see what people think on this one. I think it's an interesting issue. It's it's almost as if Donald Trump is this juggler and he's got fifty balls in the air and he's got to have fifty one. Let's go to John and Boston. Hey, John, you were first this hour and Nightside. Love to know if you're a Trump supporter generally and what you think of this idea.
Speaker 6: Well, Dan, I think it's interesting because the United States accept the Statue of Liberty. I believe it's from France, and that would probably cost a lot more than that particular jet. Every year, Boston accepts a Christmas tree from Halifax Nova Scotia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not a bad point.
Speaker 6: The company has no problem accepting gifts. I think it's I believe it seems like it's a gift. So Biden has allowed millions of people to come here legally cost it billions of dollars in the United States, many deaths of Americans by drug over doses and murders and rape. So now I don't think the president should be used for the President's air Force one, but maybe they could use the jet to bring the illegals that came here from the Middle East back to the Middle East. That's what I think they should use the jets for.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that's that's an interesting take. Let me ask you this. I'm assuming I'm gonna make the assumption that the the offer of the plane is in good faith. I mean, they're not uh sending it to do any mischief. I mean to you know, you'd have to check it for security. I assume there's you know, who knows who had possession of it at some point. What could be implanted there? Why do you think President Trump seems to always be willing to go through these these battles that are a little irrelevant to what his purpose is, and that is to get the economy back on track and get the border closed, and you know, you get the big beautiful tax package, you get, get all all the things done that he promised, and all of a sudden this comes in as another distraction. Why why does do you think he's he's willing to engage in these distractions. He seems to enjoy it.
Speaker 6: But what do you mean by a battle? Why is it a battle? There if a country offers a point, and what's I don't see, what's the big deal someone comes over to you at a restaurant, office you or at appetizer. I mean, where's the battle that say? I'm a little confused.
Speaker 2: Well, well, one one, I'm not the president of the United States, so the emolument's clause or things like that doesn't impact me. All I'm just saying is that he's got enough fights on his hands. And when you hear did you did you hear all the conservative senators Ted Cruz and Ran Paul and others raising concerns and issues. I mean, John toon, you know, I just did.
Speaker 6: It's pretty simple to just use it to bring it legal aliens back to the countries they came from. I don't know, It's just it's a it's a free gift from a country. And I don't think Donald Trump should be in his personal collection, but use it as a free gift to the United States and bring the illegals back then there.
Speaker 2: I guess that would be one way to diffuse it, but I'm not sure that that would necessarily diffuse it either. But that's okay, John, You're thinking outside the box, and I like that.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 6: I think the media is having a lot of fun with it. It's in terms of nuclear war between India and Pakistan, Dan and everything that's going on with Russia Ukraine. The media is having a lot of fun with this. I think the media is creating a distraction here. And it's like with the issues we got going on with the economy and people trying to afford houses here in Massachusetts, it's almost a non issue. It's like, except the plane, don't have the president flying in it for his own personal safety. I don't think it should be used that, But use it to bring illegals back to their countries.
Speaker 8: They can get it from you.
Speaker 2: I got you suggestion. Let's see what others have to say. Fair enough, Thanks John, Thanks then as always appreciated. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty one line there one line at six one seven nine, Well John's thinking outside the box. He's saying, accept it, but use it for different purpose. Let me go to Christine and debt him. Christine, what do you think about this?
Speaker 9: I don't think you should accept it? I I I mean, what do they want? What do they want in return? That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking this is a broad I I really do. I don't think he should.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I think that a lot of a lot of the uh, the Democrats are saying, you know what, this is a quid pro quo. Uh, They're gonna want something down the line. At the same time, as much as four hundred million dollars means to you know, people like you and me, probably to the government of Cutter. It's not a big drop. That's not a it's a it's a it's a big drop. But it's there's there's a lot of drops in that bucket, you know what I'm saying. It's not that's not the end of the world. Maybe they're just looking for for for our continued friendship. I mean that if I was the head.
Speaker 9: Of Cutter, I don't trust that I did that. I don't know, Dann, like you said, that plan could be bounds or running that I would trust it.
Speaker 2: Well, it could be worse than bugged. I mean, you could always have a device in any plane. That Rob was saying during the break that if there are big screen TVs, you'd have to take those big screen TVs apart piece by piece and make sure that there wasn't something hidden in there. There could be. Yeah, they could be activated remotely. I mean, I know that that sort of sounds like something from the movies. But hey, we've all that, you know, so many things are possible. Let me ask you the question, why do you think Donald Trump, why would Donald Trump not say to them, look, thank you very much. I so appreciate your offer. It shows me what great friends you are to our country. Thank you for what you've done on the Abraham Accords. But I'm not in a position that I can accept that behalf of you know, as the president of the United States.
Speaker 9: And you know, because to me, Donald Trump is a dictator.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you think he would really like to have this, uh and when his presidency ends or whatever, that he'd like to make sure it's part Okay, fair enough, all right, all right, Christine, I got your I got your point of view in here. Loud and clearly. Thank you so much as always appreciate your call.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Okay, good bye.
Speaker 2: Talk to you and Christine. Have a great night. Good night. Okay, only one line at six one, seven, two, four, ten thirty. Let's keep it rolling. I think we're going to have an interesting another ninety minutes to talk about this. Love to get your point of view. Coming back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right. During the break, Rob was saying, and again, I think it's a good point. I didn't want to debate John, but statue liberty a little different than an airplane. It was a gift from UH from France, which which we appreciated. The tree that we get from what's at Nova Scotia every year. It's it's just it's it's not planted and doesn't go to the government's backyard. It's planted on the common for all to see, as of course, is the Statue of Liberty. But that's oh, you know, different points and again the idea here is to is to get as many different points of view as possible. Let's go to Joe and came or see what Joe says, Hey, Joe, what's your thought on this. I'll be interested to see where you come down.
Speaker 10: Honestly, Dan, I thank you for taking my call. I don't I don't know what's problem with it.
Speaker 2: I don't, okay, So let me when you say, when you say you don't have a problem with it, so you don't have a problem with the plane coming here. It would have to be certainly a humongous, a huge security suite, would have to be done on a lane that came from outside the country. Okay, it would become Air Force one, and then according to the president, it would it would be decommissioned at the end of his term and then would become a centerpiece or a part of his presidential library. And that's what he's saying would happen to It's you're okay with that?
Speaker 10: I think, well, no, when you say that's what he said, I think and I think he's saying a lot of what he's saying to get under the you know Democrats skins and a lot of these you know mainstream media news agencies. I mean, so you think he's.
Speaker 2: Trolling, He's I mean, I think he's trolling on Greenberg, on Greenland and on Canada.
Speaker 10: I think serious here, Yeah, no, And I was listening to a podcasts earlier when I was walking around, you know, getting steps in the last week's podcast about Alcatraz. So he was trolling them on them to a certain degree, I think he is. But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Thank you, by the way listening to the podcast. I appreciate that that's a loyal listener.
Speaker 8: Right ahead, I got.
Speaker 10: My steps in for two hours Boston, Cambridge and back, and I was listened to all your podcast from last week. So yeah, you're welcome. So yeah, I do think to a degree now, you know, if you break it down, you didn't really think about it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 10: Worst case scenario, he accepts this gift, this gift, Now, I do agree. I do agree that he should get its sanctioned and get permission from Congress. This way, he's he's off the hook. If they approve it, he's off the hook and he doesn't have to worry about it. So you know, if he doesn't end up using it, obviously has to go through the massive security sweeps. Worst case scenario, he accepts it, he doesn't use it. I do like your earlier caller, John that suggested alternative alternative uses. I would go step beyond just shipping out all the illegal or the violent criminals. But I mean, if you think about the possibilities, it could be used for all sorts of humanitarian you know purposes, you know, natural disasters here in the United States. It could be used for worldwide global humanitarian needs, you know, to ship you know, goods services, medical ship, you know, victims all around, five them around. There's a number of things that could be used. And either way he would come out looking, you know, incredible. So I think it's a win win if it does go through. I think you should go through the proper channels. But the fact that everybody's calling him a dictator again, you know, they're all, you know, coming down on him, and he accepting business. Let's say it, every president, every president, for the most part, they all accept lavish gifts. I saw the CNN report from twenty twenty three where they CNN kind of came down hard on the Bidens for accepting what you get a twenty thousand dollars diamond from India and he got a bunch of you know, several you know, I know that at a total one hundred and thirty two thousand dollars in gifts. I know it's not four hundred million or billion whatever this thing costs. But and ultimately did what did they do? They covered themselves and said they donated it to the archives. I don't think you should put it a plane. I don't think you should, you know, retire it and put it in some climb of archives. If he does accept it and it get sanctioned, there's a lot of good that can be done with the use of that plane, fair enough.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. By the way, the Globe tomorrow is going to I sort of read part of the piece that you'll see the Globe tomorrow. Trump's plan to accept a luxury Katari plane is facing backlash from Magan Democrats alike. And they quote Laura Luma, who never quoted positively before. I'm so disappointed, But it's the only time Laura Lula will be hurt, saying it would be such a stain of the administration anyway.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but again they keep saying, but they can't. But I love how they keep spending this giving it to him. It's being given to the government, you know, I mean, yeah, he loves to play with the media and get them all riled up, and you know, do the Sam Snead comment and you know allude to you know, yeah, yeah, But in the end it is a gift to the United States. All Right, I got you, you know.
Speaker 2: I've got you in there. Hey, Joe. For those of us in the audience who do do not know this, they can listen to our podcast at nightside Underman dot com and thank you very much for getting your exercise in, uh and getting your steps. Are you one of these guys who tries to get the six thousand steps every day? I think that's the figure that a lot.
Speaker 10: I got fifteen thousand in today over six miles. Good I hold loop Boston, Cambridge back.
Speaker 2: You know, well, you got the good weather coming forward from now on, you got hopefully nothing but good weather. Joke state, stay healthy, stay in shape. Great, great, Thank thanks Dan, good night, Let's keep rolling. You're going to go to Bill in Pennsylvania. Bill, love to know what you think on this one. What do you think?
Speaker 10: Hey, I like what that last gentleman said.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 10: I'm with him on that. He made a lot of sense. Let me just make a couple of comments there. Uh, has anybody heard anything in the news the last two or three days about Garcia down in Al Salvador. It's it's amazing how these legacy uh so called journalists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they kind of forgot about forgot about this gentleman, the Maryland dad.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the Maryland dad. Now when they found when when they when they finally found out that the lady okay, the wife uh has got pictures of her you know, wounds and all that. Boy, they dropped that real quick. And the other thing. The other thing is is uh this aircraft that that uh and I think part of it is is that he's uh, he's just uh, you know, trolling people. But listen, so so he's going to get a free aircraft and we can he once we get it, but he can we can use it any way we want to. Uh, A brand new seven forty seven. I looked it up today, a brand new seven forty seven from Boning, Okay, cost about six hundred about six anywhere between six hundred and and eight hundred uh.
Speaker 8: Uh was it?
Speaker 10: Let me say? Six hundred billion?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Billion? Yeah, I assure you have a couple of those. Do you have a couple of those in your garage?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 10: No, but but uh so, But but anyways, so so we we can get a free a free seven forty seven. The one he's flying around in is about forty years old. I guess this one here is only about four years old. But so we can get that and we can use it anyway we want to. Okay, that's that's Trump over here on the right. Okay, now on the left hand side. Okay, we got Biden and his guys who left, Okay, who just left about at least okay, at least ten billion dollars worth of aircraft, most of them being brand new, some of them brand new Blackhawks. Kyle was all kinds of helicopters.
Speaker 2: I think it was much more than that. I saw figures as high as eighty two billion dollars.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, it's unbelievable. It's unbelievable, Dan. But anyways, out of that eighty billion, I'm saying about at least ten billion of it was aircraft, and just left him and left him to uh to the enemy. Okay over there in the sands.
Speaker 2: Well, the teleban that they didn't they don't have that hopefully they don't know how to fly that stuff. But you're right, and that was, of course, when they made the mistake of of leaving Bagram Air Base. That stuff should have been destroyed before we.
Speaker 10: Left boxes, yes, absolutely, But here here, here's Trump.
Speaker 2: And by the way, not one one upper level military officer, to the best of my knowledge, and I stand corrected here, there was not one military officer who was fired over that debacle, which also, of course included the deaths of thirteen US military.
Speaker 10: Service that those are the men and women who paid for that blunder. But another thing is Dan right now, Okay, I've seen more news on TV okay about Diddy, Puff Daddy, Puff Diddy. Okay, Now.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's I think Puff Daddy's a different, different dude. I think I don't want to just did just Diddy.
Speaker 10: Okay, Okay, I'm seeing all that stuff about him and and and and here's the correlation. Okay, Okay, He's dragging his poor girl through this hallways in Los Angeles at a hotel. This happened years ago, that that video has been out for a long time. And now the correlation between that him beating up his girlfriend and okay, the father from UHL from Maryland beating up his wife. Okay, there's that correlation. American people, Why I'm buying this crap.
Speaker 2: All right, Bill, you pulled a lot of thoughts together. A great call. Thank you much, all righty much stock Soon we take a break, coming right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the phones we go. Let's keep rolling here. We got a lot of folks calling in. Let me go to Joe and Lynn. Joe, you were next on Nightside.
Speaker 8: Welcome, hey, Dan, Thank you for taking my call. I was discussing with my friend in Brighton earlier today, and I don't think he should take the plane. Those people don't like him. I'm disappointed now. He shouldn't build his own plane, retire that plane if they want to, but don't take a plane from another country which doesn't like us. I think that just causing a lot of problems. You don't know what bugs are hidden in any way. So that's how I feel. What you feel.
Speaker 2: Directed to the point. I think that what amazes me is how many different controversies he wants to be swirling around him. Most presidents like to sort of have fewer controversies. He seems to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he has a ton, he has a ton.
Speaker 2: But he also seems to invite them. It's like one just follows upon the other. I mean, he's dealing with a lot of important issues. I mean, I don't look at what he's doing on the border as a controversy. It is controversial, but it's something that he said he would do. That's one thing.
Speaker 8: But two, I'm glad doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and I am as well. Okay, but there are other things. The idea of well we're going to look at Greenland, we're going to look at Canada.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's crazy. Leave them alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly unnecessary. It's almost like unforced errors in tennis. Joe.
Speaker 8: We agree on something, Dan Harvard. I kind of feel he's in the right and that they should have no prejudices towards any race or anything.
Speaker 2: Of course they shouldn't have. But I also think that he should be small enough to be able at some point to say, Okay, I've turned them around on this, and sometimes it's it's important to uh to accept the victory or them around.
Speaker 8: My question, how do you turn them around?
Speaker 10: Dan?
Speaker 8: How do you turn those people?
Speaker 2: Turned them around a lot. I think that the beginning with the resignation of Claudine Gay I think that Harvard has turned quite a bit, to be honest with you.
Speaker 8: Well, I hope so, because he just took some more money away from them today.
Speaker 2: I heard he's very cross.
Speaker 8: Thanks, thanks, thank you.
Speaker 2: Good night. Let me go next to Mary in Stoneham. Mary, you are next on nightside. How are you?
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you very much. I have a couple of thoughts, and oh, I'm older than dua and I should side my retirement is something. He said, something like, you know, this is the time to buy. That's nice, but already I've gone from one hundred thousand that I worked very high for fifty years to eighty thousand. I can't afford that because he doesn't have the experience of living.
Speaker 10: I guess your favorite.
Speaker 2: I hope you're not selling Mary, hold it. No, I'm not giving you financial advice, but I would suggest that when the market took a big hit in April, resist the urge to sell, because over the long term, Oh.
Speaker 7: Card, I'm so glad you said that.
Speaker 2: No, i'mous, I'm serious.
Speaker 7: My grandson said exactly what you've said.
Speaker 2: I mean, thank you, because because what happens is they're the wise guys out there who look for the market dip. They know that people are going to sell and then they buy, you know, they buy low and yeah, no yet, I will bet you this, Mary, I don't know when. Do you know when do you get your referral? Do you get a monthly statement?
Speaker 10: Yes? When do you see?
Speaker 2: Right? But I will bet you that if you your next monthly statement. Look, the market has come back since April, since April second, and the market and so if there might have been a period where you're one hundred thousand dollars nest Egg had had reduced, But don't look at it every day because.
Speaker 10: It's like I won't.
Speaker 7: Oh, I just wanted to say about Trump. Absolutely not. I've worked for government all the way through. It was a law not more than twenty five dollars. I looked at the library and can and skid is the pace Now you can get Justin's placement.
Speaker 8: Two.
Speaker 7: You do not accept more than twenty five dollars, right, all right?
Speaker 2: As a gift?
Speaker 7: Yep, Absolutely one of those things. And wait a second, he's getting that gas juggler oil or something to run wrong? Now, my lord, you know it's bigger than anything. No, I I just don't think it looks good even if he's really room with that guy.
Speaker 10: We don't know that.
Speaker 1: We did not know that.
Speaker 7: And thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Mary, thank you.
Speaker 7: Okay, you have a good day and keep your show. I turn it on and I've got a good story, lady, and tell you about it. O T bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks Mary, appreciate it very much.
Speaker 10: You love by.
Speaker 2: I got to get at least one more in here. Let me go next to Mike and Beverley. Mike here next door nights.
Speaker 5: I go ahead, Mike, Hey, Dan good, can hear anybody?
Speaker 2: I can hear you, perfec, go right. I know you're a big Trump guy. I'll be interested in what you think about this.
Speaker 5: It's not going to happen. Then it's all the big smoke screen. Trump's playing everyone's cords and so. Browling can move because EP on the plane in the last term, okay, and pulling is behind like two or three, probably four years behind schedule as far as uh the their plane things go. You know, that's all it's about. And people are freaking out. And point of information, Dan, we have paid that country. I heard the figures out a little while ago on military land and some other numbers. I can't in the exact number because I'm on the road. But fire seeing that plane money. We've paid that money on other things also, So that's the point of information.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right, But the other thing, Dan, listen, can you focus on Masters issues please and stop the Trump stuff. Masters has enough issues going on a Master, were the two politicians taking illegal money the same mar Haley.
Speaker 5: Gas on the ass on the on the sanctuary stopped.
Speaker 2: Like you listened to the show a lot. I mean during the night, Joe, during the nine o'clock hour tonight, I hope you were listening. We talked about Boston City Councilor Fernandez Anderson, who was indicted and has pled guilty to federal crimes, to a federal crime, and she has as yet not resigned her seat on the city council. We had we had ed Flynn with us, who tomorrow he had another councilor going to offer a resolution in which they want that matter of discuss. So yeah, we talked about that in the in the nine o'clock hour. We've talked about all sorts of Massachusetts issues. But at the same time, I can't ignore federal issues because my audience is is larger than just Massachusetts and just New England and most you know, again, you may want me only to focus on mistakes that more healing makes, but or mistakes that that Ed Markey makes. But I'm I have to take a broader view here. I I you know, please, I don't want to lose you as a listener.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, damn, because I'm getting tired of it.
Speaker 2: Because well, if I got to lose you as a listener, Mike, I'm going to lose you as a listener. But I'm not going to spend every night talking about We deal with a lot of issues on this program. It is a white swath. We do twenty hours a week here on Nightside, Mike.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I know, but.
Speaker 5: I can't work. I can't do it again, only work later on later on.
Speaker 2: Well why did I change what I'll do this, Mike, is I will change my programming to accommodate you. So what I will do is I will do all of the Trump issues. What hours do you want me to do those? What?
Speaker 5: What hours do you want at Josh Show? You've been done a long time.
Speaker 11: I understand that.
Speaker 5: I just get you know, the whole sanctuary stuff is really boiling me. And then I run out of it, Beday.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many hours? Do you know how many hours I have done on sanctuary stuff? Everything from you know, for the Martha's Vineyard, Uh, situation where they threw people off Martha's Vineyard. You've listened to my show enough to understand where I feel.
Speaker 11: I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just don't understand that people in the state on the situation. I mean, you know, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I got it. I got it, Mike, Thank you much. Drive carefully, Okay, thanks very much. A right, Okay, we'll take a quick break. I'm coming back with Jerry and Jim and Rick. They will lead us off. Uh in that well, gonna go Jerry, Rick and Jim leading off. I have one line at six one, seven, five, four to ten thirty, one line at six one, seven, nine, three, one ten thirty. I get requests all the time, do this story, do that story. Look, I have to do what I think is best for my show in my aut audience, and that's believe me. I have more people making suggestions, which I appreciate, and many of those suggestions we incorporate into the show. Anyway, feel free to join the conversation back on nightside, right after this,